Speaker 1: Hello everyone, and welcome to Reconnected. It's Thursday night, which means we are back. We've had a bunch of new subscribers recently, so I should mention every Thursday what we do as part of this as we get together to go over all of the announcements in physical media for the previous week and then have some sort of a discussion afterwards. Usually it's a film discussion. Tonight to entice you to stay around till after the announcements, Doctor Dodson and myself would be discussing our recent trip to La a lot of the stuff that we got to do people, we got to meet, chicken, we got to eat, and we will share some of those stories. And Will's also got a fun story about a recent interview who he was able to do. So make sure you hang out to laughter the show. I've said his name already, so so everybody that does not know him, say hello to doctor Will Dadds and my partner in crime.
Speaker 2: Hi buddy, Hey, everybody good. I just want to congratulate myself for so magnanimously sharing the spotlight on the lasts first Thursday episode of Filmed Live in Los Angeles.
Speaker 1: Like eleven other people yeah.
Speaker 2: Your Battle of the Network Stars episode.
Speaker 1: You know what, I'll go one step above. I was just thinking about this earlier. This is the first time in three months with the regular episode with Will because in July we had mister brett Berg from AGFA with us.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: It's been all the way since June.
Speaker 2: I've been having to do some real ego resets.
Speaker 1: You know, Dustin said he wanted me on the left side to change it. All right, we're back to regular. Yeah, glad your ego has been reset. Glad you're here. You've been sick for a lot of this last month. How you feeling?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Yeah, Well, you mentioned I did an interview. I actually did not do an interview. I was very lucky that mister Rock Chudson allowed me to tag along while he conducted an interview for BFI with Victoria Price. Then some Prices daughter, a great writer in her own right, great writer in her own right, and it was so nice I got to talk with her off camera. She used to be a teacher, she taught at University of Mexico, taught writing. So we got into it about you know, education and this goddamn country and and so it was great. We had a real nice trip, you know, Chudson and I went to Orbit DVD. We had a nice dinner, stayed in a nice Airbnb where the interview was conducted. My role was just to sit there and enjoy it and you know, help carry bags to the car. But I did get COVID.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad that sky picked right now to drop all of the dishes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I noticed in that got a lot of noise going on in the other room.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Well, on that note, glad you're here and looking a little bit better. We've spent a lot of time together over the last week and a half virtually, so I guess this is much better than it was a handful of days ago.
Speaker 2: Now, hold on before we get lost in our conversations. First of all, de Cender, did I fall asleep on camera?
Speaker 1: You were low low energy? One of the last times that it was just you and I.
Speaker 2: Oh, it was because I was on my sobriety journey.
Speaker 1: Uh that and uh it was the night before your operation.
Speaker 2: Oh, Josie is was asking we pull her question back up. She was asking which of these we had seen?
Speaker 1: Oh, I adore quiter mass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I saw that a long time ago. But I don't think I've seen any of those other films, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Seeking stir crazy. But yeah, Couiter Mass is amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so Josephine. Those are all now on my to watch list for sure.
Speaker 1: Speaking of a watch list, you get anything in in in house recently, this is these are pickups, yep, these are pickups.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right, yeah, it's been been a been a month. Let me uh, let me grab a couple of choice titles that I'm pretty stoked about. Got Synapses, Blue Sunshine nice, very exciting.
Speaker 1: That's release too. Geez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are these are so recent that I haven't even uh unwrapped them yet. But Eureka had a sail.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah they did.
Speaker 2: Got john Ford's The Sunshines Bright, lesser known john Ford, Billy Wilder's on two three nice, very good, very good, Got uh Sunny Chiba. The Beast Fighter is not like the others, that's all Eureka. Let's see, I got the Mondo, the Warrior and the Max Pekers collection. And this just came today. This came today. Revolution and thirty five, the new book, edited by Andrew Nette and Sam Degan, So check it out.
Speaker 1: Get you the first time I've seen somebody receive it nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oh and it's a very handsome looking volume. Very handsome volume, looks like it a lot of good stuff in there. This will make a nice uh. You know, if you picked up your copy of The Sweetest Taboo, as I hope everybody did, you can you can cleanse the palette of dead children with dead revolutionaries. How about you?
Speaker 1: What'd you get a few things in Speaking of This Country? Like you mentioned already, Oscilloscope sent an email to their subscribers and said, hey, just for being subscribers, we're not going to charge you one of your titles from your subscription, but we're going to send you this film called God and Country because there's a lot of misinformation in the world right now and this is a recent documentary and we think you might benefit from it. So they just send it to everybody that's a current subscriber for free. That's a pretty big move from a boutique. That's really nice. How's the doc I literally got it today, so I can't tell you if it's good yet, but it says from director Dan Partland, a producer Rob Reiner, God and Country looks at the implications of christian and how it distorts not only our constitutional republic, but Christianity itself.
Speaker 2: I wasn't sure from the cover whether that was like anti Christian nationalism.
Speaker 1: Or also in from imprint, this just got here, this beautiful box, smoke and blue in the face with one Harvey kai Tel nice looking box as usual for Imprint, Lots of special features, all kinds of stuff on these that are new. This looks like a really great set. Keep in mind Keynot is releasing both of those in the US here in the next couple of years, so please, I mean, I say next couple of years. We just don't know when it's coming, but it is coming. And then that last thing that I got in the mail this week is probably the thing I'm most excited about because I love this art and it's the newest issue at the Physical Media Advocate. This is the brand new September issue. We got Pinis on the cover. Lots of great stuff. This month, Stan finishes up his epic like thirty five thousand word piece on Laurence Olivier. We've got a piece on why you should hold on to older editions of physical media sometimes from Jason Kleeberg. We've got a birthday piece on some really great people. Obviously, we've got Sophia laurn as one of them, and because they happen to be born in the same month. It was also with Marcello Mastroiani, and so Rachel bel Wore wrote on both of those there is some puzzles in here. There is an exclusive interview with the guy that wrote the apocalypse book that I believe has been on the Severn website for a couple of their sale sales, and that book is called World Gone Wild, and the directors David J. Moore. I know I'm biased, but I feel like it's a really great magazine. We've got two more stores. We're going to be announcing the next couple of weeks that it's going to be carried in the US and maybe another country again. So we'll talk about that soon. And that's it.
Speaker 2: And you know, it really does look great. And I promise one of these days I'm going to read it on birthdays. You know whose birthday it is today? No, Werner Hertzog.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's right. I got the email from Shout.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighty two years old today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not too bad, maybe we'll fight a bear in celebration or eat something weird.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, listen, I know you talked about this in a previous week, but I wasn't on, so I want to I want to say my last two acquisitions since I was there, a couple of Deaf Crocodile Wo Della has't has not had supper yet. And I know again you talked about this last week, but in the Moscow slums. Very very proud out of the visual essay that that we contributed there, and that's a great release y'all need seriously Carrine shatnazaarv Zero Grad Assassin the Czar. I hope to see more of his films released by Deaf Crocodile at some point in the near future because it's a fascinating, fascinating filmmaker and.
Speaker 1: Involved in most film too, so he's very tied to a lot of these films and other films from the country and involved in all of the Deaf Crocodile releases of his stuff so far. Yeah, very proud of that essay. Glad people are able to see it, and that's still available for order from Diabolic and from Orbit and pretty much everywhere. I believe at this point.
Speaker 2: Is my mic still working? I accidentally it is.
Speaker 1: The next big question, what have you been watching lately?
Speaker 2: I actually saw a lot of good stuff so while, but while I had COVID, it was kind of a bad case. It lingered quite a long time, and of course and my brain just was not working. So perfect time to watch like all of the Lonesome Dove mini series, which are great, you know, So the original Lonesome Dove, I saw commanche Moon, and then on two B I watched Streets of Laredo. I did not watch Return the Lonesome Dove. That's not Cannon. Next up will be dead Man Walking, So I enjoyed the I mean, Robert Duval, Tommy Lee Jones are fantastic in that series. Let's see. I'll try and go quick, but I actually, you know, most times you ask and I'm like, I don't watch anything all month.
Speaker 1: You got way more than me. Tonight, I've got a whole one to talk about.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well I got about six or eight, so I'll try to go fast. So continuing on with my Paul Schrader, Martin Scorsese, Woody Allen, Francis, Ford Coppola, complete watch through. I made some progress. I actually had to go back in time because I picked up The Yakuza, which is directed by Sidney Pollock. But it's Paul Schrader's first screenwriting credit with his with his brother Leonard and Robert Town and this is uh, this is uh, what's this fucking Robert Minchin.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It's not that great, but it's interesting. It's very interesting movie. Much better movie Connie's release of Man on the Brink, which is awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome about a cop and deep cover. That's all I'll say about it. Oh yeah. Continuing on with my series, Warner Archives did a blu ray of The Rain People, which was Francis Ford Coppola's fourth film with a super young James Kahn and Robert Duval awesome as this asshole cop. This is really an interesting film I had not seen before, and it feels in some ways like a precursor to Scorsese's Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore? Right? These these are This is the first like Copla film that's about a that's really about a woman trying to figure out her life. She wakes up one day she's pregnant and she just leaves her husband and starts driving across country. And that's all I'll say about that. I don't know that the movie entirely works, but it's really really interesting and James Cohn in a role that very different than an think it's every time On the Woody Allen side of things. I watched Broadway Danny Rose. This is my first time seeing it, and every single shot is gorgeous and incredible, and I should have watched it on mute. I don't get it. I don't understand why it's funny. The Safty brothers say it's like their favorite movie ever. Okay, I don't It's not for me to me, all right, and then I'm about to wrap up. I did a double feature that I enjoyed very much, of Death Game and Knock Knock.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: That was fun. Recommend doing that. Yeah, I really enjoyed it. Hadn't seen not Knock before, and I wasn't sure that Keanu Reeves could pull that roll off. But he actually does. He really And you know, I uncomfortably as an eight with like mid forties, married guy with kids who still would like to think of himself as attractive to young women. You know, but you're not.
Speaker 1: So it was.
Speaker 2: That was a watch. All right, I'm gonna wrap it up. I had a vinegar syndrome mini marathon off the recommendation of Rock Chudson. I watched Mutant Hunt. Good recommendation. This movie is funny as hell. I saw both of the Black Cat movies. Nice also recommend There's a Sam Deagan commentary, and there's a visual essay by Alexander Heller Nicholas edited by Sam Deagan. These are great. If you haven't seen him, I don't. I don't want to say anything about him. The first one's amazing about rage, female rage against the patriarchy, and then the second one fully incorporates her into the patriarchy and just makes her mindless cyborg. Last two, I saw a guest House Paradiso.
Speaker 1: Oh what do you think of that one?
Speaker 2: I wanted to like it. You know Rick Mayol, this is the one where he got uh into a coma fell off as four wheeler. Yeah, Decender is upset because Black Cats are sold out, but they were available during the out of print sale.
Speaker 1: They were also available for months before they went out of Yeah.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I didn't. It didn't work for me. It's it's pretty bonkers, Like if you're into the Young Ones, and I actually do pretty much like the Young Ones, I might give this another watch. It is interesting then eyes in it. Finally, can't go too long in life without some Cynthia Rothrock. I watched China O'Brien and four K last night. I loved it so much that I've decided to start China O'Brien to sell a seat sleep promptly five minutes in, so I'm gonna try it again tomorrow. Not because I was boring, but because I am old. So those are some recent watches. Actually, I've been trying to like force some some free time, like watch at least one movie a night that has nothing to do with work. And you know, I'm so lucky that watching movies has anything to do with work, so I'm not complaining. I just want to try to make sure that I'm still learning new stuff and watching new movies. So yeah, those are my res watch this now. You said you just have one.
Speaker 1: I just have one. But before I go into it, let's let's do this. Uh there is a a pretty major leak that is everywhere this week, and uh it it helps because we're gonna be able to discuss.
Speaker 2: It happens more and more as you get older. You know, it's not going to be ashamed of.
Speaker 1: I've heard that's the case. So earlier this week, somebody noticed some art on an artist page that has done packaging art for some police boutiques before of Michaelman's, and when you clicked into the art, the u r L actually said, Uh, Michaelman the keeper vinegar syndrome blu ray and he promptly took that down before it could be seen by everybody. Uh. And then after that there is another page that does some media news and all that. They went to somebody involved with the bill and asked him what was happening, and he said, yes, I did an interview for the police. So it appears that what.
Speaker 2: So you know that movie Fletch. You sound like you sound like Chevy Chase on the telephone.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to fix it while you talk. I don't know what's happening. It only happens on this show with you.
Speaker 2: It's working now, I get Oh, it's me So I have no idea what leak you're talking about because I couldn't understand what you were saying. So while Ryan attends to fix his microphone. I gotta say, I've been dreading this show all week because because I've been intimidating because there's like eighty some announcements, and some of them are announcements of films that I've been attempting to wish into four K existence for years.
Speaker 1: Can you welcome?
Speaker 2: You're welcome, because they're coming. We're going to talk about them tonight. Yeah. I can hear you, Ryan.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, how you doing? I'm all right? So let me go through that again real quick. I apologize. I don't know what's going on. It is literally only happened on this show, but no I have to do it again.
Speaker 2: Okay, now you're fine, Now you're fine.
Speaker 1: Okay, if it happens again, I got the backup ready, I got my backup mic ready. Uh So. An artist who has done packaging art for some of these physical media releases before put up some art on his website and it was of Michael Mann's The Keep, And when you clicked into the art, the u r L said vinegar syndrome, blu ray and he promptly took it down. Obviously, once word got out. Somebody else that posts news about physical media, they went and asked somebody that was involved with the film if it was happening, and they said yes, I did an interview for the release. So it appears Vinegar Syndrome is likely doing a release of Michael Man's The Keep for Black Friday. There is a hint that they've released that said it's going to be a blu ray and four K debut of an epic film, and everybody's thinking that's Michael Man's the key definition Fog. That's what I was gonna ask. I'm sure you've seen this at some point. How do you feel about The Keep?
Speaker 2: It's okay. That's how I feel about most Michael Mann films. It's like, that's okay, and then I always say I should watch it again. I'm just not sure. I actually watched The Keep for the first time fairly recently because it was on Criterion streaming. It was, and when I saw it was on Criterion streaming, I was like, well, I'd better watch it because it's never going to get released, and so yeah, I found it confusing and evocative and atmospheric, and at the end I was like, well, I'm not have to watch this again. Sometimes because I'm not sure how I feel about it. So I guess if it's in the subscribe, it's probably gonna be some like new label vs VSQ.
Speaker 1: Now, I imagine this will be a mainline Vinegar Syndrome release, and this will be like the title that gets people to go, oh, they can release Michael manster Keep. I better subscribe next year.
Speaker 2: M Well, if in fact this is true, right, If in fact this allegation is true, then I'm glad to hear it on such a reliable YouTube news source.
Speaker 1: I do have pictures of the artist page because I wanted to make sure or that I had to proof myself before I said anything.
Speaker 2: Now, there was a board game, wasn't there? Based on the Keep, there was.
Speaker 1: Actually it's it's the only Michael man film to get a board game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, there's no.
Speaker 1: There's no heat board game board game. I mean, if Ferrari could work. Yeah, I'd like to see a Manhunter board game.
Speaker 2: Mm yeah yeah maybe maybe, who knows, maybe the board game will get released, maybe it'll be a premium.
Speaker 1: Uh so yeah, that that is the the Vinegar Syndrome rumor at the moment that is likely going now that it's been leaked and pretty much everybody has talked about it where it's already about to be the Black Friday flash sail pre order later on this month, and I bet that's going to be a title they reveal now. Uh, it saves them making it a secret title, and this will get people to be all excited about the sale. They'll get to cover up a leak. That's probably why they haven't said anything. They're gonna talk about it in two and a half weeks anyways, Leaks leaks. The worst. The movie I watched is from two years ago. It is a film called candy Land, and this got a Blu ray release from MVD Visual And this is a what's the best way to sum this up, A sleazy lot lizards movie about a group of three or four people that are sex workers at a truck stop. And in the very beginning of the movie, somebody is assaulted and there's some other stuff that's going on. Somebody discovers a dead body, and somebody that is from a local religious group recognizes that they're doing this at a truck stop, and they come up and ask to pray for them and do pray over them, and somebody escapes from that religious group to come stay with the lot lizards, and then of course weird things start happening, and I think, yeah, yeah it is. It's decent. I think it was decent. I would not be surprised if people hated it. But at the same time it was it was pretty interesting. I thought it was pretty damn entertaining. There's way more kills than I expected. There's plenty of nudity. It wasn't terrible acting. Yeah, it was pretty decent.
Speaker 2: Does that come with a board game as well?
Speaker 1: It doesn't come with it, but if you buy it on the side, it makes for a much more enjoyable night. I love that we were talking about board games right before I said I watched candy Land.
Speaker 2: Well, it's good to have licorice rope on hand.
Speaker 1: And head to Marshmallow Falls, you know what I mean. We're getting all questions from David on Twitter says, do you think we will get some more twenty Century Fox movies from Disney on four K? I think inevitably we likely will get more. Will we get a ton probably not, definitely not. How are you feeling about twenty Century Fox? You think we're gonna be getting some more of those? Have you paid attention to those.
Speaker 2: That's not my role.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you're here for that.
Speaker 2: I don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I think they're talking about some of the Touchstone pictures that were announced recently with the six cents and signs from.
Speaker 2: M Night Shyamalan Wait.
Speaker 1: I really can't, well genuinely can't, but I know one that will is excited for. Let's get into announcements, because our first one to talk about tonight is this beauty.
Speaker 2: That's the first thing.
Speaker 1: Wow, this is the very first thing they announced this.
Speaker 2: You go to Candyland and shoot your water immediately.
Speaker 1: They announced this during the show last week, or we would have covered it last week. So Imprint announced four different four K releases all through last week and this was the final one. This is coming on November twenty seventh on four K, and it is nineteen eighty four's The Never Ending Story. Now. This thing is a strictly limited edition replica storybook, and it is crafted with high quality leatherette, adorned with the iconic or In emblem, die cast metallic ornamentation, red and white ribbons, gold foiled stamping, and embossed detailing, exactly as you see in the film and it's magnetically sealed.
Speaker 2: Now it is bespoke.
Speaker 1: It is bespoke to maybe to a the extent a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a I am a professor of the English language, and I had to look that word up.
Speaker 1: You had to look up bespoke. Yeah. So this thing is twenty nine and a half centimeters by thirty seven centimeters and almost five or over five pounds I believe. Comes with a bunch of physical extras. There's an a four reproduction of the original press kit, full color matt laminated twenty seven inch by forty inch folded print of the original poster, reprints of the eleven inch by fourteen inch lobby cards coming in a glossy display folder, and then a three D lenticular hard case housing all five discs in this release. Now, the catch, of course is if you're in the US, this thing costs two one hundred dollars shift to get this to you. That is a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but both Diabolic and Orbit are carrying.
Speaker 1: It for one seventy five.
Speaker 2: Well if you get if if you get two more items at Orbits.
Speaker 1: For shipping, I'm so glad you saved the five dollars.
Speaker 2: There. Let me ask you something, if this was this was Shout Factory, would you be pissed off about the lobby cards and the price?
Speaker 1: I still am yeah about both, and don't worry. Jout factories and get lambasted like crazy tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh they announced.
Speaker 1: There just to warn you to get you prepared. There is a bundle for one film that costs two hundred and sixty one dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we'll get there. Let but uh, let's continue with the never ending story. This is this is one of the two titles that I'm most excited about this this week. I am torn because I kind of would like that bespoke book. I don't care about the other stuff.
Speaker 1: I agree, and now let's make things slightly worse too. Imprint has responded to a comment in saying, as of this moment, there is no plans for a standard edition of this release.
Speaker 2: No, whoa, whoa. This is a big question. But it's got the German cut with twelve minutes that I've never seen. It's true and both four k's. I mean, I've been wanting this forever. Listen. I like Wolfgang Peterson so much that I like Troy director's cut only you want to watch the director's cut of Troy, not the awful theatrical bastardization. But yeah, good point about the nostalgia baiting. I didn't see who said that, Brendon. Good point, But Goley, if there were going to be any movie I get nostalgic about, this would be it. You know, to hold the book in my in my hands and say they look like big, strong hands.
Speaker 1: Agree, you know?
Speaker 2: Never a next story that I mean? That's my Oh what was I I was six when it came out. Screwed me up watching that horse die, watching that crazy ass wolf come out of the rocks.
Speaker 1: So let's get some details on this first. Like I said, five discs. The first disc is the US theatrical cut on four K. This is restored from the original thirty five millimeter negative done by Imprint Films, so that even though you know you would think that a big film like this would get another release, the restoration was done by Imprint, so some other country may not be releasing it. It is possible that it's just Imprint. There's an audio commentary that's archival with Wolfgang Peterson, and then there's also another new audio commentary. By Future Noir author Paul M. Salmon. Then disc two is that same US theatrical cutlet it's a Blu Ray. There is that new audio commentary, plus some new featurettes three of them, and a ton of archival features. Then Disc three is that German extended cut on four K, and Disc four is that German extended cut on Blu Ray. Disc five is Life After a Never Ending Story, a twenty twenty four feature length doc on Blu Ray, and if you've seen the doc before, there are over seventy minutes of deleted and extended scenes just from the documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a lot in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, might have to happen.
Speaker 1: I really love this. I truly like I understood the price when I saw that this was over five pounds and they were going all in on that. However, it does still seem high. I would have expected this to maybe one hundred plus shipping from Australia to get that to be twice the price.
Speaker 2: Though, well, this this month's releases from Imprint are all pretty pricey, right. The other three films are all eighty bucks apiece ninety piece, so that like three hundred and forty dollars bundle with free shipping is actually a deal considering how much they're charging for the individual titles.
Speaker 1: Well, and what's crazy is if you buy this and any other title from Imprint, it's free shipping, so you're saving the twenty five dollars right there.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, man, it's it's hard for me to get mad about the never ending story coming out in four k. I've been wanting this forever, and I'm gonna find a way. I'm going to find a way, you.
Speaker 1: Know, a collector movie man, We kind of just answered this, but this is no question when you when you read it as it's written, do you think we'll get more hadlog titles from Disney's. There's just ones worked on by directors. What films do you know that we weren't worked on by directors?
Speaker 2: All the MCU.
Speaker 1: Yeah shots fired Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: They have directors credited, right right, but the shows in particular.
Speaker 1: That was pretty funny. Erica says, I'm dead inside, so nostalgia rarely gets me. But I'd pay two hundred dollars for a deluxt release of stand by Me actual dead buddy.
Speaker 2: Oh well, somebody get Erica to produce that disc. I think you should be the perfect one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I fully agree with Dustin here. I feel like the US four K of this will come it just it won't be a five pound replica storybook because we never get anything like that.
Speaker 2: Of course, I don't know. I liked the ever ending story though, that was That's my childhood probably my favorite childhood movie. Yeah, you know, yeah, so excited about the release. No matter what the circumstances, we know that it now exists in a format that deserves And whether whether additional versions come out and other territories at different prices is kind of a mood question. Likely it will, but this one will be the one that has all the goodies. If you if you like, you know, five pound fake books. Can I keep my weed in there? That's the question.
Speaker 1: And it's magnetically sealed so it's safer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is there a story? Is there a storage area?
Speaker 1: That's Craig says, all the imprint announcements are crazy expensive this past week. Will any of the others get standard editions? You know, I was thinking about this when they were so quick to say at the moment there's no standards planned. I wonder if that's because this is five discs, and how how do you do a standard of that without? I mean, they're definitely it can't be a five discs standard release. Clearly, they can't send out a regular case with all five discs and charge like a standard amount like they normally would.
Speaker 2: TV shows do that all the time.
Speaker 1: Yes, TV shows do. For them doing an in house restoration and be able to make money on it and everything, they would likely have to limit it to either just the four K discs or just the Blu ray discs, and then probably omit the doc altogether.
Speaker 2: I don't understand business.
Speaker 1: I get it, I get it. Anyways, Yeah, I like this release. I'd love to have it. Can I spend two hundred dollars on it? Definitely not. That's about what it is at the moment.
Speaker 2: Let's spend two hundred dollars on a movie. It's because I am making the movie.
Speaker 1: And two D steal your max.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh you know what, sometime maybe maybe we'll do this through Patreon. But I did make a thirty minute a zombie movie with students called Toddler's attack Erica. Kids die like crazy in this movie. They turn into zombies and they are killed. Not as graphically as any of us would have liked. But they're real children being killed in the movie, and we should probably show it to some select group of elites. Yeah, we'll do that.
Speaker 1: Let's let's carry on to some aero announcements. First up November eleven in the UK, November twelfth in the North America on four K and Blu Ray Invasion or The Invasion from two thousand and seven with Daniel Craig Nicole Kidman. This one is going to have some new visual essays and a couple other new things on here, some archival featurettes, new audio commentary by film critics Andrea Subasati and Alexandra West co host the Faculty of Horror podcast. I have never seen this one, but from what I read, a lot of people do not like this movie. Have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: It did not get good reviews, and I see it's been it's being recontextualized as being prescient about like the pandemic or whatever. So I can't speak to its quality because I just I just didn't see it. I would watch it, because you know, any version of Invasion the Body Snatchers is probably worth checking out. Oh nope, never mind, Wonderment Project says it's not good the word invasion. I'm partial to Able Ferrara's Body Snatchers, written by Stuart Gordon myself, which was made for about two hundred dollars in comparison to Invasion. So maybe I'll just watch Body Snatchers again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with Ronnie here. I don't remember this ever being announced being in theaters. I remember hearing a damn thing about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I recall it theatrical run. I just.
Speaker 1: Didn't. I just didn't. Next up from them is at close Range. This is getting a Blu ray release in the UK on November fourth. Should be noted this has had multiple boutique releases over the last couple of years. This has a brand new audio commentary from Adrian Martin on it. We've got some Marcavo commentaries on here, some new examination of the film's score, and of course, as usually, you got six postcards. It's in a booklet with new writing by Barry Forshaw on this m good movie, great cast.
Speaker 2: It's the second movie. I'll probably check that out, you know. Of course, my favorite James Foley film is Fear. It's a good movie with Marky Mark nothing else.
Speaker 1: See you later, Kyle. Uh, thank you, Kyle. Brian says, this one's pretty good. So that's a good, good take, all right, all right? Uh moving on to our next one. Elvira Mistress of the Dark gets a four K release on November eleventh in the UK and the twelfth in North America. Uh. This is the exact same as the Blu Ray release, just on four K. I don't remember the booklet looking like this, but it is identical from what I can tell. Good release. Glad it's going to be out on four K. It'll ever. Look, I'm sure if you don't have the Blu Ray, this is the best chance to pick it up. Is this one that if you already have the Blue you need to get the four K? I would bet probably not. But if you're somebody that always has to have the best, best, hey you got another option here.
Speaker 2: I would have assumed they'd remaster it in for double D.
Speaker 1: Yes. Will Yes, that.
Speaker 2: Wasn't very funny. No, she got big books, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, Anthony held out for potential four K. Happy Camper watched it a lot on TV. Yeah, this was this was a big one for a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I love Elvira of course.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is a pretty big one. November eighteenth in the UK, November nineteenth in North America. A Blu ray release from Arrow of Tony from nineteen ninety eight. This is based on the smash hit series by Jungi Edo, who also did Uzumaki. This is a creepy, supernatural chiller and directed by Ataru Okawa. I believe it is how you say his last name. And this one is gonna have a new audio commentary by critic and Japanese cinema expert Ambert, new interview with the director on here, new interview with the actress Mami Nakamura, new interview with the producer Mikihito Hirata. And then we got a booklet in this with new writing by Zach Davison and Eugene Thacker. And I am all over this one.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not gonna get all over it, but I'll probably pick it up.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely have to be.
Speaker 2: This is this is a movie That's been on my like to watch list for a long time, but I've never seen it. I like hu'zamki a lot, though.
Speaker 1: I think you will love this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'd like to say a four K it was a maki as well. Chop chop please.
Speaker 1: I well, we did get a Blu ray release of it, at least we did. Yeah was it song prep? It should because it only came out a little over a year ago.
Speaker 2: What I believe must have been on one of your other shows.
Speaker 1: I may be wrong here.
Speaker 2: I got the whole sorry, two years ago.
Speaker 1: Is in print right now. Came out from Disco Tech.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. I appreciate what Disco Tech does, but I should like some features.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 2: I agree that said. My brand new copy of Sex and Fury is lovely to behold.
Speaker 1: They get a lot of titles that nobody else would release. That is for sure.
Speaker 2: Everybody should really Sex and Fury. There should be a different four K edition released each.
Speaker 1: Month by every bootie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I actually have three copies. I have three copies of the DVD edition of Sex and Fury because in case one breaks?
Speaker 1: How was that within arms reach? That was amazing?
Speaker 2: Well, Sex and Fury is always within arms range because I never know when I want to watch it. It's a great movie.
Speaker 1: Nor for Suzuki seen this question a couple times tonight, Do we think physical media prices will go down anytime soon. This person is saying it's ever since best Buy left the physical media arena, prices of skyrocketed. I don't think best Buy has much to do with the prices at this moment because studio prices have mostly remained the same, But boutique prices are where we've seen a lot of that skyrocketing, and best Buy was not carrying sixty dollars four K releases in a hard box from a boutique.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So while physical media may not be dying, elder millennial to young Generation X, middle and lower class and lower middle class collectors may may be dying out. Yeah, it's becoming quite a squeeze. And at some point I have to think about, you know, my.
Speaker 1: Future pointing out that those in night Shamalan releases are forty five dollars apiece. Those are only forty five dollars right now. Those price will still come down for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the twist. The twist is you pay forty five dollars only to find out two weeks later it's going to be down to twenty kind of like when you watch an m Night Shamalai movie and it starts out and you think this might be a good movie, and then the twist is it's not.
Speaker 1: It's too bad that you're on the other team. There will Let's talk.
Speaker 2: About are you? Are you sham Alaman?
Speaker 1: Me? I am because I love Shamalon. Let's talk about the biggest possibly air announcement of caferent opinions.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, this is one. I've been wishing, like to Santa Claus and Jesus and all the other pantheon of gods for this movie to be released. And I'm so excited. Go ahead, This.
Speaker 1: Next one is a big, big deal. I am so stoked to be able to see this. Finally, we've got November nineteenth in North America on a four K and Blu ray release. A simple Plan from nineteen ninety eight. This is the Sam Raimi film starring Bill Paxton, Bridget Fonda, Billy, Bob Thornton. And this is simply a great movie. This is the first time legally that it's been out there like this, and I'm stoked on it. We got an audio commentary with Glenn Kenny and Farren Smith name a new audio commentary by Patricia von Brandenstein with Justin Biem on there as well, new interview with the cinematographer, new interview with Becky and Beaker, new interview with Chelsea Ross on set interviews, and then a collector's book with new writing by Bill Jabiri and an excerpt from the Book of the Unseen. And yeah, this is a big deal that this is getting released.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's uh, this will probably sound heretical, but it is my favorite Sam Raimi movie.
Speaker 1: It's understandable, it's understandable. Yeah, how do you feel about the art on this one?
Speaker 2: Appropriate? You know, the opening scene, I think, really I love Danny Elfman's score. It's one of my favorite Danny Elfman scores too. And Rami showed that he could he could have he could handle drama and tension. Well, I mean, we knew he could handle tension from the horror films. But you know what, I what I respect. Not every Sam Raimi movie is good, but I kind of like him as a as a almost a pop version of Kubrick in that he experiments in every genre. It's like, I'm gonna do one film in every genre. I mean even did a Kevin Consterner baseball movie that kind of sucks. But every now and then there'll be a camera shot and you're like, well, that's that's Sam Raimi right there. You know, he's done superhero movies, he's done fantasy, he's done uh you know, drama, thriller, slapstick, like a comedic noir with crime wave just did just did a little bit of everything. And I'm excited because now he's working on a new horror movie. Right Uh, you know, it'll be tough to top Drag Me to Hell, which I also enjoyed quite a bit. Just gi decent, but yeah, so simple plan. I Bill Paxton is so great, Billy Bob Thornton is great in this movie. Bridget find is great in this movie. Great twist, It's sad, it made. It's a sad movie, and I like that. I like when I saw it in the theater, I came out of the theater feeling bad, and I like.
Speaker 1: This is definitely a movie that makes you feel a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't feel a lot it just in general at this point. So when something can make me sad, I'm happy about it.
Speaker 1: Terry says, definitely top tier. Reimi looking forward to the four k uh Stephino says, Billy Bob Thorton's greatest performance, Well, I don't know. This movie is pretty great.
Speaker 2: Billy Bob Thornton is one in one of the greatest comedies in history with his performance in sling Blade, which everybody keeps telling me that movie is not a comedy. You're you what are you watching if you think it's the movie is not. That movie is hilarious.
Speaker 1: It is pretty funny, all right. That was Arrow, Going to the next one. October twenty ninth, Keno is releasing a four K release of Baby Blood. This will be number nineteen in their Keno cult line. This is the same film that they put out just a few years ago on Blu Ray. No new features on this and should be noted this is a twenty nineteen SDR Master No HDR on this disc. Yeah, nice, nice French horror.
Speaker 2: Any thoughts on this, Well, having witnessed my wife go through pregnancy and birth, about right.
Speaker 1: Seems about right.
Speaker 2: Looking looking forward to I've not seen Baby Blood, so this will be a first time watch for.
Speaker 1: Me, Sibbonar says, gee'z nineteen titles already. Don't forget. They literally just released five and one day the Chino Colt line exploded quickly with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty excited about all their animal herd that's coming out.
Speaker 1: That's the five I was talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, sweet.
Speaker 1: Next up in the Moscow Swums. We just talked about it a little bit. This is now up for pre order for everybody. This is the actual announcement of it. This is the outside of the deluxe box up close, and then the standard on the inside looks like this, and here is the back of it. And this is the booklet art. I I personally love all of the art on this release. I'm so stoked on this, the style that they went for on this. This this is from twenty twenty three, directed by Kaarin shak Mazarev. Like Will said, also did Zero Grad and The Assassin of the Czar. This has a new visual essay by Evan Chester on it that's eighteen minutes long. New visual essay by somebody named Will Dotson and Ryan Verel called No Stranger Than Human Nature theater history and Mystery. And then a new video interview with Shaq Maazarev on there about the making of new video interview about the history and legacy of most film. The studios over there with the head of PR and then a sixty page booklet with some new essays in there, one by Walter Shaw, one by Peter Rohlberg. Great release, beautiful looking movie, incredible colors in this film.
Speaker 2: I'll say this, if you're a real cinophile and you don't know a lot about most film, you're gonna want to learn a lot about most films. This is one of several Shaan Nazzaro films, as we pointed out that Def Crocodile has released so far, and you learn a lot. I'll say this. You know, obviously we're very proud of our visual essay. Our visual essay ended up being like twenty two minutes something like that, right, and I cut like another twenty two minutes out of it that I did not want to cut out of it. And I hope we get to use that material again later because it had a lot to do with history of the early Soviet Union, right in the fall of the fall of theos Ours and the Bolshevik Revolution, So a lot of great history in here. You know, you've talked about the film already. It's really entertaining. But the more you learn about the history that's kind of referenced and in the background of the film, the more interesting and the deeper your appreciation gets.
Speaker 1: Fully agreed. Craig is also saying in the comments, as of this release, there is no longer a thirty day exclusive with their shopper Diabolic, so you should be able to get it anywhere that carries their titles at the end of September, so check it out. They're doing pre orders if you want it. Yes, Silent Mandible, this is in the subscription and you will love it if you do. If you don't have it yet, Dustin says Deaf Crocodile been hanging out of the park with their new deluxe packaging. Agreed, it's pretty great. Let's see.
Speaker 2: Anthony asks if there's cats in it, and I will say, well, it's a Deaf Crocodile release, isn't it. If Deaf Crocodile's put it out, there's a pretty good chance there's a cat in there somewhere.
Speaker 1: It's greater than fifty percent at this point. Let's see. Terry says that the artwork gets any better for the Deaf Crocodile and need to set up a spot in the house with spot lighting in velvet roads. Well, wait till you see what's coming out in October because it's gorgeous.
Speaker 2: What's coming out in October?
Speaker 1: I mean they've already announced it, so I guess, I guess we can say it's a Trapped Ashes from mister Dennis Bartalk is coming. And also this one movie called Tamila twenty ten?
Speaker 2: Oh was that in October two? It is all right, well, I look forward to talking about those more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good film. Everybody should pick this up. It's great. Next part of Deaf Crocodile News, there is a brand new Deaf Crocodile podcast that is out. This launched last Friday after in the Moscow Slums, was up for pre order and I was joined by Chris from They Live by Film and Punk Vacation, the Vinegar Syndrome podcast, and we of course had to interview Dennis and Craig for our first episode, and we talked for a little over an hour. We talked about what the format's going to be. And now that's been a week, I will reveal here for everybody. If you went to download this or subscribe and you were intimidated a little bit because the episode's over three hours, pay no heed to that, because the big thing is after our discussion. We surprised everybody by including the entire audio commentary for the first DEF Crocodile release. That is, of course the Unknown Man of Shandog or that Will is holding right there. Look at that good timing and this is this is gonna be great. Yes, this is three hours long. However, Craig and I are working on this. DEF Crocodile is all about accessibility for people, and so we want people to be able to enjoy every aspect of their discs, and one of the things that makes it difficult is sitting in front of the TV to listen to a full audio commentary. So we wanted to make sure that we could get these out there for everybody. So we will be releasing one every single month. This was just the first one. There will be a second audio commentary coming soon, and from that point forward you can look forward to one of those coming at the middle of every month. You can watch the movie before and then listen to the commentary on the way to work or picking up your kids or whatever you need to do out out and about, so you don't need to be stuck in front of the TV. Sure, there are going to be some awkward points where they're saying, hey, look at this scene as you're watched, as you're listening to that. But if you watch it the night before, I'm sure you'll be able to think about it. It's just to help you out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm super stoned. I have long wanted downloadaball audio commentaries and so this is a This is a great way to get the ball rolling. I hope other labels pay attention.
Speaker 1: I've tried to get at least one or two other labels to be doing this, and who knows, we might be able to talk about that soon. Okay, moving on to our next bit of news. Warner Archive started with some title announcements October twenty ninth. We're getting a Blu ray of for your consideration. This is, of course, the Christopher Guest film that a lot of people in wanting. This is I believe the last one of his to get a Blu Ray release. This is from two thousand and six, and this is the last of the mockumentary films like Best and Show Mighty Win Waiting for Guffman. They do say special features TBA, so it's possible that there will be something coming eventually on the disc. But we'll see. It's rare that they say TBA, but I guess I should ask will have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you feel about this one? Because this does not have great reviews.
Speaker 2: It's definitely the least of the four brat I think most people would agree that Best in Show and Waiting for Guffman, depending on your taste, that's one and two. A Mighty Wind is intermittently amusing but also strangely sad and moved it, you know, like I actually teared up and at a Mighty Wind. And for your consideration, I don't know. It's it's kind of all over the place and I feel like it didn't quite cohere as well as the earlier films. That that said, you're still watching this cast, you know, improvised Fred Willard cannot be stopped. His characters by by far the standout in the film in my opinion, So yeah, worth a watch. It's not going to change your life, like like Waiting for Guffan investing show definitely will change your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I've not seen this one. I like Best in Show and Waiting for Guppin quite a bit. Mighty Wind was good, but I'll see this for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Trevin Devers says, eug Lovey is unnerving and mighty wood. Oh yeah, that's a good word, all right. Next for one archive is a Man called Shanandoah, the complete series. This is from nineteen sixty five and sixty six. This is gonna be a four Blu Ray set, adding up to eight one hundred and sixty three minutes. This is Robert Horton, Gregory Walcott, John Cliff. No bonus features on this, but pretty great that they're putting some of this stuff out on Blu Ray. I'm sure you're gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. If I'd had a son, I would have named him Shannandoah, just so that at some point he would be a man called Shannandoah. And this guy, this guy's got amnesia, and the people are like, well, we'll just call you Shannandoah. That's what we've decided to call.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: I love that they're putting out these old West Well they did Alaska to a couple of months ago. Yeah, I can't wait, can't wait to look at that. I love these old these old Westerns.
Speaker 1: We're an archived doing pretty great this year.
Speaker 2: I like I like television shows and movies in which soft skinned actors pretend to be living in harsh.
Speaker 1: Elements and rugged and rugged.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, it's hard to live out here. And then cut and it's like they met herbal tea and my trailer putting vasoline on my skin.
Speaker 1: Next up is a pretty big one, The Walking Dead from nineteen thirty six, coming on October twenty ninth. This is, of course Carloff. This is a brand new twenty twenty four HD master from a four K scan of the original nitrate camera negative. This is gonna have some special features. We don't know what yet, but it will have something. And this movie is a big one. I believe this is the last of this era of these types that they had not put out yet.
Speaker 2: I think, well, well, there's another one that we're gonna mention in a second.
Speaker 1: Well, yes, yes, this one.
Speaker 2: Is early Michael Curtiz when he had just come over from Hungary, right, one of his very early b pictures, very atmospheric. And of course Boris Karloff is Boris Karloff. So this is a must wait sixty six minutes, and I love being able to put on a sixty six minute movie. At the end of the night. I love the I love B pictures and I usually I actually usually run the B picture in the A slot, like if I do a double feature. I watched Long. I watched the long movie first, and then then I put it in the B picture.
Speaker 1: And fall asleep, all right. Next up is the Return of Doctor X. The other one. This is again a four case scan of the original nitrate camera negative. This is from nineteen thirty six. There will again special features TBA, so hopefully there will be something, But again, this one's also only sixty two minutes. Hell of a good double feature.
Speaker 2: There there was a DVD box set that had like the Devil Doll and Mad Love and I think it was The Mask of Fu Manchu and the Return of Doctor X. And this was the last title from that box set for one of our chive to put out as a BLU ray. So I can finally get rid of that DVD set which is out of print, and hopefully I'll get a FT credit for it at a retail of my choosing early. I mean, this is humph for Bogart and as a mad scientist, that's so cool. Yeah, it's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Feels like I must uh Craig says, I need to make a lot more money, get on at Folks or order more deaf Crocodiles titles. I got movies to buy, amen.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Next one is The Beast with Five Fingers from nineteen forty six, again four K scan of the original nitrate. This one is a sprawling eighty eight minutes special features TBA on this one. But I mean they're going to have a pretty good month here altogether.
Speaker 2: Gotta love Severed Hand movies.
Speaker 1: This is true. It's a whole genre October looking nice though, Yeah, Craig saying, oh, is that Peter Lorie I spocer? Sure is all right? I think we got one more from them?
Speaker 2: Is at it?
Speaker 1: Ah? That's right? Sweethearts from nineteen thirty eight also coming on Blu ray. This is going to be a new four K scan of the Technicolor separation Master. Positives also want to throw out there, who knows to Warner Archive for advertising what their restorations are from love. When companies do this, you know that you can have confidence in what they're doing. Warner Archive stuff has been looking great over the last few years, not that it ever really hasn't, but once they've really been putting these extra effort into their Blu ray titles. They look fantastic. This is Janet MacDonald and Nelson Eddie special features TBA on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I almost almost always want to watch everything that one of archives puts out. This one's probably not going to like go on the shelf, but I'm definitely going to see it, and who knows it might Alrighty, I got Romance in My.
Speaker 1: Heart coming in November from Keena lorber Is Barbara Stanwick in California from nineteen forty seven. We don't have any information on this yet. I feel like they want to do and I have something different over the weekend, but this is all they had ready and so we don't have full details on it yet, but they do know that they're putting this out in November. Should be a good looking disc from them, nice technic color disc. Raymonland, Barbara Stanwick, Berry Fitzgerald. Yeah, Anthony Quinn in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh, this is definite.
Speaker 1: This is definite Keno getting some deep cuts. Love it.
Speaker 2: We've talked about John Farah before. I like him as a director. Yeah, father of Tissa Farah, of course, we all love and Mia Farah who also all love but in a complicated way.
Speaker 1: There was a Labor Day sale from MVD and that's in the past.
Speaker 2: There was.
Speaker 1: Altered Innocence has announced their next title. This is coming on November twelfth on Blu Ray and it is Le Beau Mech from nineteen seventy nine and this one definitely got to read a part of this. So this is where's it is? A hauntingly beautiful portrait of gay self creation. Long available only through Murky VHS transfers, this beloved classic of gay erotica has been newly restored in four K from the original sixteen millimeters elements. One big thing I had somebody ask about Altered Innocence slip covers. They are only doing it on a case by case basis. This one is not getting one. But you can pick this up on Diabolic DVD and elsewhere. What's that?
Speaker 2: Haven't seen it? Want to see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've got some extras coming on this. We got some interviews, some talks about the film, print materials and original photos, gallery, a booklet with an essay by Kaden Mark Gardner and uh yeah looks decent. Yes, those are legs play nine well that.
Speaker 2: One leg looks kind of vainy. I can see where the confusion lies.
Speaker 1: Uh. Keno has also announced that they are putting out a brand new HDR Dolby Vision Master four K disc of Danger do oblique or diabolic, however you want to pronounce it. How do you feel about this? Will? Because this has gotten I think we're at three boutique releases now or four in the last handful of years.
Speaker 2: This is the first four K though.
Speaker 1: It is the first four K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm super stoked about it. This Uh, the movie is actually pretty fun. Although an edited version was actually the last episode of the original run of Mystery Science Theater three thousand and it was a pretty funny episode. Great Doctor Strange love joke. This movie is silly and uh, you know, fairly kinetic, super colorful. Not classic Mario Bava, but fun Mario Mario Baba. You know, I think I have like the last Blu Ray release, but I might upgrade just because the colors are gonna pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is one I normally would say that it's an easy pass on something like this that just got a Blu Ray release. This is going to look stupendous. This is like one of Baba's most colorful films.
Speaker 2: And not to mention, not to mention sound. You know that score, the more cunny score. I'll turn that up. Yeah, a good week.
Speaker 1: It is a good week. And we're not even like a third of the way through.
Speaker 2: Like we haven't have we even had a movie that I was like, I don't give a shit about it.
Speaker 1: Not yet. Maybe The Invasion.
Speaker 2: Oh, i'll watch it.
Speaker 1: Next. All right, we're in the vinegar s. We are getting Howling to Your Sister is a Werewolf from nineteen eighty five on four K, Yes, four K of Howling Too. That is crazy. This is a two disc set, a four K disk in a region a locked Blu ray. New commentary with Philippe Mora and Kelly Goodner, Multiple archival commentaries. Conversation with Philippe Mora and the filmmaker Michael Mohan. Michael Mohan is the guy that directed Immaculate. For those that did not know, we got an interview with any Pressman, interview with Steve Johnson, interview with Pamela Krause, interview with Stephen Parsons. Jonathan Rigby speaks on Christopher Lee and Howling Too for twenty five minutes an archival interview Sybil Danning and Reb Brown archival featurette with Steve Johnson and Scott Wheeler. So this is a fairly loaded couple of discs, and it's Howling To, How do you feel about this?
Speaker 2: Love It? Greatest ending sequence ever? Love Felipe and Mora Too. He made an incredible documentary nineteen seven five Brother Ken, You Spare a Dime, which is about the Great Depression but told through Hollywood movie clips, and it's incredibly inventive. He did some classic horror movies like Beast Within, He did Communion with Christopher Walking, and he did Howling Too and three. Heling three has a nicole kidman who's also an invasion, right. You see on tying everything together and I think he to heling To, you know, takes the you know, sort of satirical combination of comedy and horror that was in the Joe Dante original and takes it in a gothic direction. I really look forward to you seeing it in four K, just because you know the castles and it's a fun movie. It's not like the greatest movie ever, but it's fun to watch.
Speaker 1: It's also Christopher Lee in a nice lead role. This was after a string of films that he was not the lead, was playing kind of in the background for a while.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean the real lead is well, yeah, civil Danny's chest, yes, of course, but it's good to have them both in there. Yeah. This is a I'm pretty stoked about Vinegar Syndrome slate this month.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I'll spoil that right now and say that Vinegar Syndrome and all of the Ocean Partners this was a This was a rough month for me, seeing every title pop up and going shit, yeah, I want this, yep, oh damn it, yep, uh, well, hell every single one. Next up is Cruel Britannia, three killer thrillers from the UK. This is gonna be a blu ray set of these three films. They are Crucible of Terror from nineteen seventy one, Penny Gold from nineteen seventy three, and Craze from nineteen seventy four. I have not ever seen any of these. Have you seen any of these? Will?
Speaker 2: No, But I'm excited. I'm probably most excited actually about the David Dakoto commentary track, because I love David Dakota, so if he's on Craze, that must mean that craze is pretty cool. So anyway, Yeah, this is like top to bottom exciting.
Speaker 1: So what I was able to glean from some of this is Penny Gold kind of sticks out from the other two, which are like straight up good horror movies, and Penny Gold is more of like a drama. But all three should work very well as a box set. Glad this is coming. We've got four K restorations on two of them, two K restoration from one, commentary on all of the films, and some interviews. This is This is a pretty great set. I had no idea this is coming. This sounds that sounds pretty great. Yeah, all right, go in to our next one from VS. This is a four K release of Delirium, which you might recognize this creature I.
Speaker 2: Can come up from Teddy's real quick.
Speaker 1: Ryan, Yeah, whoops, that's totally fine. This is a two disc set as well. We got a four K disc in a region free Blu ray Uh. This has HGR On the four K disc, We've got the original Italian language stereo soundtrack for the very first time on any of the Blu Ray releases. Commentary with a Eugenio Recallani and Troy Howarth making of documentary featuring a bunch of interviews, including with the director Lamberto Bava. Luigi Manta four are also known as George Eastman is a part of that. We've got a bunch of other interviews, some archival features that were on the previous Blu ray releases. This is a stacked release of a really great, super sleazy movie. Uh, this is a winner.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is my favorite Lamberto Bava movie, which, of course I'm lying as demons, but I love this. If Tinto Brass made a Jallo, it would be this.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, wow, you.
Speaker 2: Can put that. Put that on the box. That's my pull quote. If Tinto Brass made a Jallo.
Speaker 1: That would be a really interesting look for him. I kind of want to see that now. I I want to see an actual Tinto Brass from thirty years ago, not that now. So simonar is saying, apparently this is under two thousand, so I had to go look it up myself. Based on what I found on the website, there are only fifteen hundred of these slipcovers left, which is wild considering it was printed with five thousand of them and this was released less than a week ago. So They've already sold almost thirty five hundred of these.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, Well not when you think about the fact that season one A Family Guy sold four million.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we don't want to talk about Family Guy.
Speaker 2: Success is relative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's four days sold almost thirty five hundred copies. That's wild.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Next up is the next VSA title. This is an Eye for an Eye from nineteen ninety and this is the art for the slipcase on this one. This one is going to be coming with a newly restoration disc from vs that they were supplied the studio master on this. New commentary with Kenneth Borson and Phil Gillen of the podcast on Fire Network. New interview with the director. New interview with one of action director Ben's Kong. There's a new video essay by Sam Degan on this called Hong Kong Cinema the late eighties between Heroic Bloodshed and Cat three thrillers. And this was written about in the Physical Media Advocate by the Wonderment Project, who is in the comments right now. Everybody should check out this movie period. You absolutely should check it out. Yeah have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: Nope?
Speaker 1: But I'm gonna good.
Speaker 2: This one's a definite. I actually think I have all of the VSAs pretty sure.
Speaker 1: So Alex says, any thoughts on this slipcase looks different than other VSAs in what way? Please expand on your question, Alex, because it's just a bottom loader VSA and they all are.
Speaker 2: For some reason. Bottom loader is a funny term.
Speaker 1: If you want to read Brian's article that references this title, it is in number eleven, which is the taxi driver cover. Yes, it is a mock up, Alex, so.
Speaker 2: There's no finger slot in the bottom loader. You'll need the beast with five fingers to get it out.
Speaker 1: Right after we talked about hiding the nipple perfect, Let's go to the next one. The next is a Blu Ray release for the VS lab line. This is nineteen seventy nine's bloodline, which is gonna have some faces you will likely recognize. In this one. We've got Audrey Hepburn, James Mason, Omar Shariff, and this is like an American Jallo Ish. It's newly scanned, restored in four K from the OCN, presented with its one hundred and seventeen minute theatrical version, and it's one hundred and forty one minute television version. We had a commentary with Troy Howard and Nataniel Thompson. Interview with Clemens Kefferdenheim, a second assistant director from Germany. Interview with the stunt driver Francois Douge. This is supposedly not a great movie, but a super interesting curio piece. Yeah, have you seen this one? No?
Speaker 2: But I feel like I'm repeating myself. I'm gonna like I said, the slate was pretty exciting to me. Yeah, there are a bunch of new discoveries to be made for me. So Bloodline is top of my list should I ever come into cash.
Speaker 1: Next one from Vinegar Syndrome is part of the cinematograph line, and that is nineteen ninety four's Go Fish. This is one that was a big deal back in the day, a lot of people's favorite film for quite some time, and this is coming in their standard release packaging that they're using for all of the cinematographs. This one is gonna have a new audio commentary with the director, co writer and editor Rose Troche, moderated by Justin Liberty. New audio commentary with queer film historian Elizabeth Purcell and Shana Macy Warner. New video interview with the director, as well new video interview with the actress and co writer Guenevere Turner, a couple other new interviews, and then new text essays by Kyle Turner and Jordaine Cyrils and Jenny Olsen in this lots coming in this release.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is great, really fascinating film, interesting film, important film. I remember seeing this for the first time because it came out just before I went to college and fell in with a queer crowd, if you know what I mean, And it was like it was like there was like this like my new my my college friends had like a syllabus of movies you gotta watch like Girls Town, Foxfire, and Go Fish. So yeah, so I'll be I'll be picking this one up for sure.
Speaker 1: Yep. Cannot wait to see this one fit right in with some other major like very lesbian cinema that's been coming out of the last couple of years, like Watermelon Woman. Yeah, yeah, this will fit in right in on my shelf.
Speaker 2: Of course, if you if you, if you put it on the shelf next to Going South, people will get confused.
Speaker 1: Although the packaging will be identical if you really want to.
Speaker 2: So yeah, exactly. The packaging is identical. That's the whole point. Uh, because they're because they're lesbians.
Speaker 1: Vhs hitvest is putting out Asylum of Terror from nineteen ninety eight. Uh. This is the slipcover art on this one, and it says it used to be a prison for the criminally insane. Now it's a haunted house and one of the former residents wants to come home. This is a seventy five minute film commentary with the director and an actor in this. We got new interviews with a bunch of actors from the film, and then a short film called Blood Dreams. Another short film called So Say the Dead. The soundtrack is in this and it looks like an interesting release from vhs hip Fest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wasn't sure what it was because, like I was running through my mind all of the Asylum of Blank movies that I've seen over the years.
Speaker 1: After we just did a visual essay on asylums for another s OV company for all.
Speaker 2: Right right, the Zombie Army. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that turned out Okay. I liked it. But yeah, I don't think I've seen a Silentaria. But everything that I have seen from VH s Fest, vhs hip VH ship Fest has been really entertaining.
Speaker 1: And also super interesting. They all have really great stories.
Speaker 2: You know, I know it's not this movie, but one of the movies that VHS hit Fest put out that I saw recently was Justice Ninja Style. Yeah, and okay, the movie itself is holy shit, right, Like, this is amazing, but the extras are even more amazing. Yeah, the listening to the guy who played the ninja tells stories about his life which may or may not be true, and the commentary by just like some guys from that town. It was really interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one that everybody that was in that town was super proud that that movie was made there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out Justice Ninja Style. If you've got any leftover money after this, after this episode.
Speaker 1: All right, I know, Will's gonna have a lot to say about this next one. The next one available is Icarus Films releasing The Battle of Chile. This is from nineteen seventy six and they are saying that this is now restored and it is going to include a two disc blu ray set, the First Year, which is a previous film by the director, a twelve page booklet with articles by Jay Hoberman, Davik Girish and Michael Atkinson is all in this. There's there's a lot going to be in here. This looks like a solid release. Tell us about the Battle of Chile, will.
Speaker 2: Well, I ordered it good. I've not seen this is. This has been kind of a holy Grail movie for me. Yeah, you know, this is. This is one of the most important documentary films. And I said that plural right I've ever made. And I kind of want every single person who's got a reactionary view about refugees coming to this country to see this film and maybe like start to get a sense of just how much we've fucked with everybody else's country and like how that might have had a ripple effect through history that is continuing to be felt. Yeah, this is And you know, if you've got any sense of class based resentment, this will give you some ideas Well said, and I'm full of class based resentment. Let me tell you.
Speaker 1: Next title is Dark Star Pictures putting out the Becomers from twenty twenty three, and this one is says proving love is indeed the strangest force in the universe. Zach Clark's Oddball Romance follows a pair of body snatching aliens across America as they try to find both their place within this odd world and each other. Featuring narration by Sparks Legend Russell Mayel, this freewheeling science fiction comedy is filled with low fi effects and the heartfelt, emotionally astute exploration of what it means to find your own kind. This is going to include deleted scenes, a Happy Birthday short film, audio commentary with Zach Clark and the composer moderated by Kitt Zohar, isolated music track, and a trailer. And also if you want to read more about the Becomers, it just had a premiere in New York and we had somebody on the ground at the premiere wrote an article about it in the newest issue of the Physical Media Advocates. Check that out.
Speaker 2: You know who likes to go fish Becomers?
Speaker 1: Yes, they are some bottomloaders.
Speaker 2: I think we're mix mixing metaphors.
Speaker 1: Oops, let's go for the next one. This is one I am super curious about. Enjoy the Ride Records or ETR Media is putting out Debbie Danger from twenty twenty two. This is a music driven cyberpunk thriller.
Speaker 2: What I'm just laughing.
Speaker 1: I Lost My Place about a hard rocketing singer coerced into becoming an electronically enhanced new music diva by her high tech billionaire patron. This is set in the near future and her singing voice is used to control and energize the brains of employees that are being used as external processors for the corporation's high tech clients. This is exploring the conflict between high tech and high touch and what it means to be human. This is going to have trailers and behind the scenes and production stills on an interview with the director and yeah, very different from what ETR Media has been putting out for the last nine months or so. It's back to an actual film here.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I watched the trailer. It looked pretty bonkers. Reminded me kind of of overd On at the Memory Bank with Raoul Julia.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I love the term in terms of the look right right, Yeah, this looks interesting. Next up, Big World Pictures putting out Disco Boy from twenty twenty three. This one is going to have a theatrical premiere Q and A with the director, cinematographer and some other Big World Pictures trailers and that is it. This says it's a Following a difficult journey across Europe, Alexi reaches Paris to enlist in the French Foreign Legion, a selective military corp that allows any foreigner, even undocumented, to be granted a French passport. In the Niger Delta, Jomo fights against oil companies that threaten the survival of his village. His histeru Doka, meanwhile, dreams of escaping, knowing that it all is already lost. Here beyond borders, life and death, their destinies will intertwine.
Speaker 2: I'm very curious to see this one.
Speaker 3: I don't want to I don't want to say too much about it for fear of being overly political. But these are some characters I can I can get.
Speaker 1: Behind Freezing all right. Next up, Memory is putting out dog Leg from twenty twenty three. That's a boring back of the slipcover. I just don't remember that being like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I watched the trailer and it looked boring too. Look what the movie was boring? This is I could be wrong, you know. I just watched the trailer, was like, well, this one's not for me, this one. These people look annoying.
Speaker 1: This one's gonna have a bunch of short films on this and it is directed by Al Warren. It says amateur director Alan loses his fiance's dog at a gender reveal party on the day of an important shoot as he struggles to finish his latest project with the help of a New York critic. The pursuit of the lost dog and the chaos of his film begin to blend, and Alan grows desperate for the day to be over.
Speaker 2: He'll be desperate for the movie to be over. After you watch the trailer, you're gonna be like, I'm so out right now.
Speaker 1: I love that you're trashing a movie you've never seen.
Speaker 2: I usually don't do that, and you know it might be a gem. And I apologize to memory. I know you're just getting started with this OCN thing. You know, two bad carpet cowboys want and announce this. We could be fit in the theme.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh, that.
Speaker 2: Was pretty funny.
Speaker 1: Uh preakl the long legs.
Speaker 2: Are all right.
Speaker 1: Next title. This one is from a film movement and it is being labeled as ferocious Fukusaku and it's wolves, pigs and men coupled together with violent panic, big Crash, both directed by Kenji Fukusaku. This is gonna have a sixteen page booklet with film critic Kenji Fujishima, and then audio commentaries by Jasper Sharp and interviews on this. I don't remember, maybe you do. Was this one that had been previously released by Film Movement or is this an all new one for them.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure it's new because if it had been released, I would have gotten it. That makes sense, and this was a day one order for me.
Speaker 1: No, this is the first release that that is correct, So yes, I definitely had to get this one as well. Yeah, important to point out, just like Jeff says, it was released Eureka in the UK. Okay, Yeah, but Phil Mowent has been doing it. I think one of the other ones tonight is one of the ones that they've released in the past, and now it's getting like a slipcover release.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, indeed, next one.
Speaker 1: This is a hell of a slipcover on this. My god, Saturn's Core audio and you know what's crazy, I had to hide the artistically drawn nipples, but this is totally fine to show America. Saturn's Core is releasing flesh Freaks from two thousand. This is the front of the slipcover, and if you really want more, this is the back of the slip cover.
Speaker 2: Actually this is bleeze right, it's pleaze in Toronto. This isn't America at all.
Speaker 1: This is gonna be region free. There's a commentary with the writer and director on this in archival commentary still gallery out takes trailers and then a bonus movie called Kill Them, Eat Them from twenty twenty three, and that movie has a commentary moderated by Justin Declue. So if you like the Justin de Clue stuff, you might want this. There's even more shorts on this one. Saturn's core is no stranger to absolutely overloading their discs. This is this is just like the pattern of what they've done so far. This is crazy. No free space on this disc after this, guaranteed.
Speaker 2: I looked this up to see the trailer, and I think the highest rating it got was a half a star, which for these titles is like a good sign, right, so I'll be definitely looking at this.
Speaker 1: Eric says he gets notifications of when I tweet. The announcement came up for this, and it popped up on his watch and his wife's sons shouted, what the fuck is that? That's hilarious? All right. Going to our next one, which is another Film Movement title. This is Hotel from two thousand and four. This is one that I believe they had announced previously and we talked about it on the show before. I'm not sure if that was with You Will, but this is the release that we announced and they delayed it, I believe, so it could be released under OCN. And this movie looks great. The trailer for this looks damn tense. This is a Jessica Hausner film. It's got an audio commentary by Jessica on there, and it's a region A locked blue. This movie looks very good though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm pretty intrigued by the as we'll see the trio of Jessica Hausner films being released this month, and I kind of need. I kind of want to find a way to snag them all. She's an intriguing director.
Speaker 1: I agree. Next one is one that I had to jump on day one. Love me some Rachel Sennett, and that is Utopia releasing. I used to be funny, gorgeous looking slip on this. This is a dark dramedy that follows Sam Cowell, an aspiring stand up comedian and o pair struggling with PTSD, as she decides whether or not to join the search for Brook, a missing teenage girl she used to nanny. The story exists between the present, where Sam tries to recover from her trauma and get back on stage, and the past, where memories of Brook make it harder and harder to ignore the troubled teen's sudden disappearance. This is a writer and director Ali Panku's debut feature. It's both funny and heartbreaking, and it's honest and refreshing look at trauma and recovery and how they affect relationships and communities that shape us. This will have a trailer behind the scenes steals gallery and an audio commentary with the director as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had to get this one. An you think from you, sir, I want to see it.
Speaker 2: I hesitate because this is exactly the kind of this description is exactly the kind of thing that I would tamp down deep inside and never speak of. Right, Like, That's how I deal with pretty much emotions generally, right. But but like everyone else in the world, I love Rachel Sinnat right, Senate, I think it's funnier to say, Sonnat it's not. But that's okay, Senate. Yeah, so we'll check this out.
Speaker 1: I just want to shout out again love the front of the slip. I think this is a contender for me for shelf Shock for next year, for best loop cover.
Speaker 2: Or best way to put your finger on the.
Speaker 1: I tried that last year and it got like two votes, so it means nothing.
Speaker 2: I want to tease to the audience. We've got an idea. All right, continue, that's it, I'll give I'll give a little bit more of a tease. We have an idea for next year's shelf shock.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. Now carrying on the next one is phil Movement releasing another Jessicatt Housener film. That's Lordis from two thousand and nine. Apologies There afflicted will multiple sclerosis. Christine makes a pilgrimage to the holy site of Lordis in hopes of a miracle among thousands of ailed visitors. She proceeds through the well oiled machinery of the religious tourist destination until the unbelievable happens. She is suddenly able to walk. As Christine becomes the have you seen this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. Oh, damn it.
Speaker 1: Now I have to go by it. As Christine becomes the object of wonder and envy, bolstering and testing the faith of her fellow pilgrims, the question remains whether all is as it seems. This says it's a personal favorite of Martin Scorsese. This will have a interview with Jessica Hausner and a short film called Interview. Damn it, I'm gonna have to take a look at this one now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting all three of the Hausner films.
Speaker 1: God. Yeah. And I agree with Chris here he says, I wish they did a box out of the three Jessica Hausner films.
Speaker 2: They will after we buy it.
Speaker 1: And that'll have more extras. There had to have been something in a licensing or something like that. They said they had to do it like this. Next title is the last of the Jessica Hausner films, and that is Lovely Reata from two thousand and one. This one is gonna have an audio commentary with the director and a short film called Flora. This one says, feeling confined by her well mannered suburban environment, the cubescent rita gradually attempts to test and break the expectations made of her as she skips class to pursue her infatuation for a local bus driver as well as her own desires. Her disapproving parents and classmates begin to question the motivation behind her provocations. However, Rita's adolescent rebellions include a more sinister intention. Have you seen this one? No, damn it, I'm probably gonna have to buy it to god? Yeah, these all sound great, all right? Next is Mary Jane's Not a Virgin Anymore and the Films of Sarah Jacobson coming from AGFA this month. And this is the look at the slip cover. Yes, this was released by them previously on Blu Ray. However, this is a brand new author Blu Ray with new special fees. This is different than their previous Blu Ray release of this, so if you want it, you might want to grab it. If you were trying to be really into this title or keeping up on your actual ones, this is one of the ones that is different than their original release.
Speaker 2: Mary Jane's Been Fishing.
Speaker 1: Did you have you seen anything from this or did you pick it? Blue?
Speaker 2: I've already got it. I got the previous edition so no, no slip.
Speaker 1: But well and this slip is gone already too, so if you really.
Speaker 2: Wanted it too late, that's what she said.
Speaker 1: Hence not anymore. Next is the one that I saw the most complaints about since I posted the announcements. Yeah, Connie releasing My heart is that eternal rose. And the number of people that I got complaining about this artwork is overwhelming. They said this.
Speaker 2: Looks and I quote pull dog leg back up.
Speaker 1: I had somebody say that this looks quote stupid.
Speaker 2: Here we are, Yeah, I mean, you know, I could see someone saying it looks like it was drawn in like a high school art class by someone who's not necessarily an artist. But someone else might say it's lovely, look at the color in the shading.
Speaker 1: So this is a film that is presented alongside two episodes from the TV series c ID. We got season one, episode three and season one episode fourteen. And this is going to be a pretty solid release for those that don't know. I think they wrote up more about this night to cut it out. Let me see if I can pull this up here. The idyllic beat side life of a retired Triad boss, his daughter Lap and her boyfriend Rick shatters when a mob favor turns into a bloody shootout, trading her freedom for her father's lap becomes a mistress to godfather Shen while Rick goes into exile. Years later, as Shena knowingly hires Rick as a hit man, lapses her chance to escape, while do ide triad Gopher played by Tony Lung completes the doomed quadrangle. This is directed by the foremost stylus of the Hong Kong New Wave and a mentor to wankar Wi My Heart as that Eternal Rose is the apotheosis of Patrick TAM's time within the strictures of the Hong Kong mainstream, fulfilling commercial requirements while elevating formula with a lush sense of style. This sings with the painterly cinematography of Christopher Doyle and David Chung, and it is bridging the distance between the bullet ballets of John Wu and the festering darkness of David Lynch. Is the Blue. It's the blue jewel in the crown of Hong Kong heroic bloodshed sub genre, shining bright to this day.
Speaker 2: But you know it's got a shitty slipcover. So forget about it.
Speaker 1: So fucking.
Speaker 2: I know Connie's never done wrong with me, So this is this is gonna be an eventual pickup.
Speaker 1: Oh man, do I ever so agree with Craig here that previous movie had a xerox copy is the slipcover and that sold out people have no taste?
Speaker 2: Well, I do have to admit R eleven thirty three as a point. Why does it look like Kristin Ritter and Dermott mulrooney early concept art for Jessica Jones.
Speaker 1: Uh? Anyways, I love what Connie has done so far, and I've heard nothing but amazing things about this, So this.
Speaker 2: Was a musk for me for sure.
Speaker 1: Next one is the other Lorens from twenty twenty three. This is available from a Yellow veil and here is the slipcover art. This is a private detective forced to face the ghost of his past when his niece asks him to investigate her father's death. This is gonna have a commentary with the director and the DP and the composer, a short film called nothing Nothing but Summer, and then an essay in this as well. Yeah, I've not even heard of this one till this announcement.
Speaker 2: Watch the trailer that was amusing. There was a moment where like gangster guys are doing a bunch of witty humor about cheeseburgers, which kind of recalls the pulp fiction famous dialogue scene.
Speaker 1: That's good. I'm gonna have to ask this question, you know that will Do you know this commenter's name?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I say her name every week. This only this is Ronnie. Good to meet you.
Speaker 2: Oh hey, Ronnie. Okay, thanks dude, did.
Speaker 1: You call me? I see you next Tuesday. No, that's the next title coming from Factory twenty five. This is from twenty thirteen, and we'll have deleted scenes, interviews with the cast from twenty twenty four, commentary track by Eugene Kadali Urenko and Drew Tobaya, and a twenty eight page booklet.
Speaker 2: I feel it need to interject and offer a sincere and personal apology to Ronnie. My bad. You know, most of the time when I'm on here, I'm absolutely delirious vous.
Speaker 1: True, it's true. This looks good. Factory twenty five puts out some fun stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't have any feedback on this one. I'll check it out. We want to get a chance, I.
Speaker 1: Guess next is Art Label putting out Spirit Riser from just this year. This one is directed by Dylan Greenberg. Has a feature length commentary with Dylan Greenberg and the star Amanda Flowers, Documentary about Dylan Greenberg which is forty one minutes long, Q and a with a director and star Parker Love Bowling. Inter dimensional interview with the star Kansas Bowling. I'm so confused by this listing of extras. Dylan Greenberg's first film is on here, which is Cool Glamorous, which is seventy minutes long, a sixty millimeters short film that is called The Triangular Door, and a music video called Glow in the Dark. No It's neat, Yeah, looks all right.
Speaker 2: Getting late in the announcements, Yeah yeah, yeah, I'll check this out.
Speaker 1: That thing is, it's not late in the announcements yet. The Catalog releasing that guy Dick Miller for the tenth anniversary. This is the documentary that was released by Elijah Dredner, who owns the Canalog that was on his channel previously. He is doing an audio commentary on this with Laney Miller, Dick's late wife, and I said that the wrong way, Dick's surviving wife and cinematographer Ellie Schneider selection of Dick's home movies, theatrical trailer out takes Ellie premiere footage. A bonus film also on this called Star Hops from nineteen seventy eight, directed by Barbara Peters, which has a new two K transfer from the original uncut camera negative for the first time on Blu ray ever, and a booklet essay by Calem Vunstall, author of You Don't Know Me But You Love Me, The Lives of Dick Miller, and there's intros on this from Elijah Drinner and Lany Miller as well. This was a must purchase.
Speaker 2: Yes it was. I was distressed because the original release had gone out of print and I had all Yeah, I definitely wanted it, But now I'm glad I missed it because I really want to see this Barbara Peters movie Star Hops. I also feel the need to say because I just got slandered in the chat I was accused of owning a Corn album.
Speaker 1: I didn't even see that yet.
Speaker 2: By Anthony, and I gotta say I've never been so insulted in my entire life to own a Corn album. I good Lord, I just said that. I just said that I pushed my emotions down. That's what we were raised to do. And then along comes these little pretty boy new metal bands, all wanting to like express how upset they are because their mommy didn't make them. You know, peanut butter and grape jelly sandwiches, you know asked for great mom This is strawberry.
Speaker 1: When they make that? Do they use Brian head Wilch's grape.
Speaker 2: Jelly fucking corn? Look?
Speaker 1: Uh, Craig wants to know. Can you order from the Canalog direct I think so, let me see. Nope, the site reverses, not reverses, that was the wrong word. It redirects you to the Vindigar Syndrome website. So just order from VS. That is that guy Dick Miller. And we've got one more Ocean title announcement from the partner labels before we get to some merch and the sale items. Goodness, and that is when Tomorrow dies the Larry Kent filled from Canadian International Pictures.
Speaker 2: Another death of.
Speaker 1: This is from nineteen sixty five, and this arrives on the heels of the Bitter Ash and Sweet Substitute and it concluded his Vancouver trilogy. This is newly scanned restored in four K from the original sixteen millimeter ab negatives. We've got a new commentary by Sam Dean on this one, archival commentary on this by Peter Wrist, New introduction to When Tomorrow Dies by Larry Kent himself Tomorrow Lives, a new interview with Kent, and then a new interview with Douglas on this new audio interview with Heather Whitehead, daughter of star Patricia Gage. Some archival conversations and audio interviews. There is an eighty five minute little scene Kent feature exploring some of the same themes as When Tomorrow Dies. New introduction to this as well, and then a booklet featuring a new essay by Tom McSorley. So this was a must for you will.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you bet?
Speaker 1: You all right? Going to the sale titles Cinematograph, they are putting out some merch. You got a minimalist geometry shirt and tope bag, and then they also released this totally rad yellow shirts and then a vinegar syndrome back to school shirt with his head coming out of the backpack. Uh. And then they also released new catalog slipcover for Miami Connection with these technic color totally crazy colors on the cover, and then a new cover for Surf two, very busy slipcover on that one. Mm hmmm, are you shilling out for new cardboard?
Speaker 2: Will? I was just thinking about how much I've probably spent on cardboard and that gives insanity a bad name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's not go too deep into that right now. All right. So Melu Scene released a title called Blonde on a Bum Trip with Something Weird Video working with them on this. This is from nineteen sixty eight and it's part of the Distrip Pix line. This one is interesting because it's not like a lot of the other Distribed Pix titles. This one was actually listed on the Vinegar Syndrome website as well, because it's not like a hardcore title like that, this one that uh yeah, this one uh.
Speaker 2: Just ford and you're like, what the hell is this?
Speaker 1: This is restored?
Speaker 2: Oh they're doing is jiggling a little bit.
Speaker 1: Newly restored in four K from the OCN and loaded with new and archival extras including We've got two feature length audio commentaries. The first is with producer Ed Adlam and the director Raf Moro, moderated by Howie Pyro and the second by producer Jack Braverman, moderated by Steven Morowitz himself. There's the original trailer vintage Classroom LSD scare film from the Something Weird archive, which is a must, and then an archival image gallery as per usual. Love the art on this one too. Yes, this is a black and white film. Yeah, a lot of people still don't understand that. Vineger Syndrome is still going with Pikarama and everything on another website. And speaking of that, they're also releasing Little Orphaned Sammy and a Little Blue Box together as part of the Pikarama line. This is from nineteen seventy six. This one was from nineteen seventy eight. Oh goodness, what did you say before?
Speaker 2: Everybody's going south?
Speaker 1: This one has Jamie Gillison at least one of them, newly restored, newly scanned, restoring two K from the Oceans. We got original trailers, the interview with the director Don Walters, and yeah, there it is great.
Speaker 2: That's correct, all right?
Speaker 1: That is it for OCN. Like I said, the twelfth issue of The Physical Media Advocate is out. You can pick that up in Amazon or any of the stores that I've listed before. That they are in. You got a question on where they're at, let me know. We are getting our first Texas store soon. Next coming on November nineteenth on four K steel book from Paramount is Star Trek the Motion picture. This has gotten many many releases over the years. Don't know why this didn't get a standalone stee book released last year. Have we ever talked about this? Have you ever been into the Star Trek series or movies?
Speaker 2: A big part of me wants to be like I've seen I think the first six Star Trek movies, and I used to watch the reruns of the original and when I was a kid, Next generation. For some reason, I feel like I've seen all of Star Trek Voyager one with Captain Janeway, but for whatever reason, I couldn't. I cannot call myself a Trekker. Yeah, yeah, I will not use the slur trek ease. Well, I guess I just did.
Speaker 1: Just did.
Speaker 2: My apologies, but you know I would obviously the first one stretched about Robert Wise. Uh, it's got a pretty compelling story. I mean, I love the reveal. I'm not gonna say what it is, just just in case someone.
Speaker 1: Spoilers for a forty five year old movie or whatever.
Speaker 2: But no, but like if you've never seen it before, I would be remiss if you, like, if you're able to see it without spoilers for the first time, I'm not gonna I'm not gonna be that guy. Yeah. So I enjoyed these, but they just never hooked me. I never became like a fanboy about Star Trek.
Speaker 1: It.
Speaker 2: I like Star Trek better than Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I also get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah a lot, like a lot better. Like I have nothing good to say about Star Wars whatsoever Star Trek. I hate Star Wars. I hate all the Star Wars. I hate every Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry I asked. October twenty ninth, Keena Lover is releasing Top Copy from nineteen sixty four Top Cappy. This is gonna have a new audio commentary by Julie Krugo and Peter Hancoff. And this also got a release I believe from Imprint or somebody recently.
Speaker 2: Imprint.
Speaker 1: I think it was Imprint. Let me see, ye it wasn't. It was Twilight Time and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I have the Twilight Time, so I will likely upgrade at some point in the near future.
Speaker 1: Yeah, brand new four k restoration by MGM on this one, so that would be a big enough reason too.
Speaker 2: I love Jules Dawson.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Viking? Ronnie says, Star Trek Voyager is the lesbian subtext one, so it makes sense that's the only one that al I will watched it.
Speaker 2: I think that is a very nice compliment. No, but I really like I mean, I love Jules Dawson. Copies of good film. Dawson made one of my favorite lesser known John Wayne movies, reunion in France. John Wayne and Joan Crawford.
Speaker 1: Moving right along as lovers. Yeah, October eighth, that is a weird thing. We should I'm talking over each other.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sorry. I wanted to talk about John Wayne and Joan Crawford as a couple.
Speaker 1: And I didn't. That's why I went quickly. So go ahead and tell me.
Speaker 2: Oh, let's go to your Robot Dreams movie.
Speaker 1: All right, that's more important for me. Anyways, I don't like Joe or John Wayne. October eighth, Decal is releasing Robot Dreams from twenty twenty three. Uh, this was a Oscar nominee. This is a Neon title. You can pre order this now and it's supposed to be amazing. Somehow, I've still not been able to see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know nothing about it. Is that the Iron Giant? No? Uh?
Speaker 1: Good one though. Speaking of animation, BBC Studios is releasing Bluey seasons one through three, all on Blu Ray for the first time. This is pretty great. This is a good show and I'm glad it's getting a release and uh yeah, I might have to pick this up for my kid somehow.
Speaker 2: I don't think any of my kids watched that show.
Speaker 1: I think your kids were a little too old. It premiered in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, the youngest would have been around six. Well that would have been the right age.
Speaker 1: Short, right, maybe it's a round then do you know what.
Speaker 2: She watched when she was really uh, it's kind of offensive, but there was a was on Netflix and it's called rosta Mouse.
Speaker 1: You ever say this, no, but just imagining the stereotypical jokes with it.
Speaker 2: Well, you know it was on there and we watched it and it's a British animated series and you know, you guys can google it, and I was like, well, I'm not sure these voices sound authentic. They are for the most part. I looked it up, but the creator is, hey, you know, there's some problematic stuff.
Speaker 1: Anyways, blue is great. The other thing I was thinking it didn't get super popular over here till the pandemic, so that might have passed your child up.
Speaker 2: Oh well, we were in the pandemic. Oh, I like this movie.
Speaker 1: September thirtieth, Shameless is releasing a blue ray of Papaya Love Goddess of the Cannibals, and the art on this.
Speaker 2: One's about going south.
Speaker 1: It's definitely going south. This is a Joe Tomato film, says. That's the UK restoration of the uncut version of the film. It's got a numbered limited edition with a slip on it with new exclusive art and alternate trailers are on this as well. Tell us about it, will.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm getting this. I actually gave a presentation at the National Popular Culture Association conference on this movie. It was a whole panel of people talking about Joe Tomato of films. If you can imagine that a lot of fun. You know, this is a very political film, believe it or not, about environmental exploitation. And you know, uh, there's sex in it, there's violence in it. It's a Joe Demato movie.
Speaker 1: It's Yoe Tomatto. Great art on this release. I love everything about this art. The only thing I don't love is that it's shameless and again shameless seems to have improved slightly from what they used to be, but God, their reputation in their track record is not one that I have a lot of confidence in.
Speaker 2: Yes, but it has to be an improvement over the DVD that I have.
Speaker 1: So well, I would hope so, but it certainly doesn't have to be.
Speaker 2: I'm interested in this uncut version of the film because I don't know if the DVD I have is cutting anyway as well. Yes, cover art, you gotta give them.
Speaker 1: That very good cover art. Yeah, definitely eye catching. Oh I didn't even see Vikings say this. The Internet says shameless as transfers are shit? Is that just a cruel rumor? No? No, most of them have been pure shit.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you. If anything is going to attract the beast with five fingers, it's this. Yeah.
Speaker 1: These are some other bottom loaders. They are releasing Neil Marshall's Duchess Over in the UK on October fourteenth. This is coming from Vertical Entertainment. This is a brand new twenty twenty four film, and they really want you to know that the guy that directed The Descent is the guy that directed this, even though they don't list his name on the cover at all.
Speaker 2: Well, to be fair, it's The Descent. That's a great movie.
Speaker 1: It is a great movie. Yeah, completely agree.
Speaker 2: Like if you just put up Duchess, I probably wouldn't get it. But it says from the director of The Descent, I am absolutely gonna at least see it.
Speaker 1: It says a female driven, action packed crime thriller. Uh and oh gosh, they even go in more detail from the award winning director of The Descent hell Boy in Game of Thrones.
Speaker 2: It's gotten terrible reviews that that is true, But I'm absolutely gonna see it. I'll see anything that Neil Marshall makes. I actually liked his hell Boy. I know I'm in the minority on that one, but I thought it was I like that.
Speaker 1: Did you did you see? Was it called Layer?
Speaker 2: I have not seen The Layer yet, Okay.
Speaker 1: I couldn't remember if that was the title or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, The Layer. I haven't seen his nun movie yet either.
Speaker 1: What's that call he did a nun movie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Neil Marshall. It was so like, I'm gonna I'll give him a pass or anything, because I love Doomsday, I love Centurion, of course, I love dogs, Soul Drews. The Reckoning. It's the movie I'm trying to think.
Speaker 1: Of, Oh twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a Witch movie. I'm a non movie.
Speaker 1: Sorry, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: One of them things. None Twitch. It's not much difference really, Uh, just just which directions their prayers are going.
Speaker 1: Paul says the Layer I actually liked. Haven't seen this Witch film yet. Yeah, so nobody watched Reckoning. I guess, uh, why is her finger on the trigger as she's yanking the chamber back? Yeah, that's a great question. This cover is all kinds of weird.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna stay away from the easy jokes.
Speaker 1: Uh. Ronnie says, I just looked up Rostamouse and Bob Marley's grandson, Skip Marley does one of the voices.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the voice acting. The voice actors are all that's cool. I was like, I was worried when I first started watching the show that it was just like some of my folks doing voices. But when I looked it up, I was like, okay, okay, we can watching it. There was the show was actually there was some controversy of the show because people were suggesting that and this might show some bias in the and the and the criticism. But critics were saying, I'm pretty sure these guys are talking about marijuana when they talk about cheese. But I don't think so. I think they're just talking about cheese.
Speaker 1: That's really funny.
Speaker 2: Of course, if you nickel lot of weed, you'll probably eat a block of cheese, so that's funny.
Speaker 1: Studio Canal in the UK is releasing The African Queen on four K and Blu Ray in the UK as part of their Vintage Classics line. This is October twenty First, we've got a new audio commentary on this by the script supervisor Angela Allen and Ian Christie, and then a whole bunch of our kival extras on this as well. Their Vintage Classics titles have looked very good so far. Obviously, this is a big title. Humphy Bogart Catherine Hepburn first four K release of this.
Speaker 2: And we have to assume there'll be a state side four K from somebody, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, at this point we can't necessarily say this, But I think this one is supposed to be getting a Criterion release.
Speaker 2: Well that would make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: It belongs in the I mean it deserves to be in the Criterion collection for sure. I like this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of nuns, this is a big one. Oh gosh. September tenth, Universal decided, after twenty four seasons of releasing Law and Order SVU, to finally put one of them on Blu Ray. They are putting the twenty fifth season of Law and Order Special Victims Units on Blu Ray on September tenth, and you can pre order it now. No information on any bonus features or anything. Wild that this one is getting a Blu Ray after so many DVD releases.
Speaker 2: You know what I think is wild about our culture? Like if you show boobs on your Instagram, you'll lose your account or your YouTube or whatever. But America's favorite show is about rape murders.
Speaker 1: And it's a spin off of another show kind of about that.
Speaker 2: It's like every episode did you check for semen? This is what we love.
Speaker 1: It's true, so true. Oh god, if they announced a complete series of Law and Order SVU, you know how many discs that would have to be. There are so many episodes on that. Uh, Patty Boy, thanks for the donation. Has anybody seen Strange Darling? You've gotten a lot of great reviews for that in the discord. Anybody else seems strange Darling? Let him know in the chat there. I've heard it's great. Really want to see it? Love me some, Kyle Gallner. Next up Doctor Who. The first of two Doctor Who announcements this week October twenty second. They are doing a slim box release of Doctor Who complete series one through four. This is the ones from two thousand and five to twenty ten with Eccleston and David Tennant. And these are the same discs that they released in the big box. This is just these ones by themselves. If you did not have it, Yes, SPU is still on the air, Runnie going Strong.
Speaker 2: Still looking for Seemen.
Speaker 1: Uh. I love that this comes up right after Will says that October twenty first, we are getting a four K release a Barbed Wire in the UK. Now, this one is kind of like a re release, so I hesitated to post this, but this one is interesting because Turbine Media out of Germany is the one that's releasing this in the UK, and as far as I can tell, I don't think Turbine has released anything in the UK except for maybe one other title, but they're using Altitude Films in the UK to distribute for them. This is the same as they released over in Germany. It's a very English friendly disc. If you love this movie for some reason and you want a four K of it, this is probably gonna be the best one to pick up. I'm sure you've seen Barbwire will what do you think of this? No?
Speaker 2: No ripe for Rediscovery, no doubt, not really, No, I never saw this one.
Speaker 1: I completely get that.
Speaker 2: But I like Pamia Anderson. I think she's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Lady Gregg says, I hope for them all six horny guys, I want to see this back in the day that they all buy the disc. What is next? Oh? The newest?
Speaker 2: How appropriate?
Speaker 1: The newest podcast to join the Someone's Favorite Productions podcast network is One Track Mind with Ryan Luis Rodriguez. Every single episode of One Track Mind, Ryan has a guest on and they discuss an audio commentary. It is like a discussion about a commentary, which is a really great idea for a show that loves physical media. So I'm hoping that everybody here will go subscribe to one track mind. Ryan is a great person and this show is fun. I was able to go on here and do After Hours last year. I'm about to record another episode with him in a couple months, and I cannot wait to discuss.
Speaker 2: Talk about Niche. That's I was not familiar with this. Well, now they can do the Unknown Man of Shandigore.
Speaker 1: That they can. Yeah, this is a really great show. I hope people check it out Ryan. Like I said, Ryan's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Have they done Nailgun Massacre yet?
Speaker 1: Not yet, but maybe the two of us can go on there and discuss our own commentary. He, as far as I'm aware, has not had anybody on to discuss the commentary that they did.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, I would want I would want it to be strangers tearing us apart.
Speaker 1: That would be pretty damn funny. All Right, we get into some interesting ones. November nineteenth, Shout is releasing a four K steel book of the Dark Crystal. This is a Walmart exclusive. As far as I can tell, there is a new fan event Q and A on this disc, but it's the same four K disc as before. From what I can tell. I don't think there's anything different for the restoration or the sound or anything like that. All of the other features are the same. But you can pick this up. I'm pretty happy with the art on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's cool. Sorry, I was typing in the chat.
Speaker 1: You were fine. I yeah. I love mar Tierney too.
Speaker 2: No, I called it.
Speaker 1: I've talked about that with Ronnie before. The other one. They are doing the same thing, a Walmart exclusive steel book of Labyrinth. This one is the same four K restoration and audio and all that with again a new fan event Q and A with Brian Henson and Toby Frowd and a new contact juggling tutorial. They saw the need to record a contact juggling tutorial. I love the art of both of these. I love both of these movies. We're gonna talk about these movies even more in just a minute, though. I'm gonna skip over this one because we're gonna talk about this one in just a minute too. Godzilla Minus one, we got some more information. November nineteenth is the release date of the Toho steelbook and standard of Godzilla Minus one. You can pre order this pretty much everywhere now. To get this four K there is no minus color version on this. However, they did just update this to say English Dolby True HD five point one audio track, which is a big difference from what they had revealed previously. They had made it sound like they wanted to not include an English dub, and this to me makes it sound like it does have an English dub. So I think this is looking more and more like a solid release every day.
Speaker 2: Dub it up.
Speaker 1: Are. This is a good question because this has been a big piece of argument over the last couple of weeks. How do you feel about English dubs versus the original audio? Do you have a preference, Sir William original?
Speaker 2: But it may It kind of depends on the film industry that you're talking about, right, Like I mean, if you're looking at an Italian film from the sixties seventies, it's recorded silent and then dubbed over. So whether it's dubbed over an Italian or dubbed over in English, my role of thumb is I want to hear the original actor whenever possible. But that's not always the way it is. For you know, Japanese films, generally you want to hear the original language because that's what everybody's speaking, and even though you, even though I don't speak Japanese, I want to hear the delivery, the motion of the of the actor. So not a funny answer, but that's no.
Speaker 1: I fully agree, and that's actually what I wanted to hear, because the the number of people that made me feel like I was the crazy one this week has been wild. I will I will default to original audio every single time if that's the option. I The only time I could ever see me wanting a dub is some of the really old like Kung Fu ones that got comedy dubs. But even then I'd rather watch the original audio before the comedy dub.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, because the movies are not you know, those those dubs that people make fun of undercut the quality of the movie, right, which generally isn't funny, you know.
Speaker 1: I agree? Yeah.
Speaker 2: Plus, you know, decades of punk rock, heavy metal, and hip hop have driven me to put subtitles on even when they're speaking English, so the same it's like, what I'm gonna hear is some gibberish anyway.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. October twenty ninth, Universal is releasing Dedi, the Sean Wang film that just released this year. It is a coming of age film that has gotten pretty rave reviews. Not being able to see this, but I've heard it is magnificent and uh yeah, need to.
Speaker 2: Say yeah, I gotta say one more thing about subtitles versus dub because Ragnar six sixty six says, trying to watch a movie not read it legitimate, all right. I hear that all the time. People who have trouble reading quickly, I feel like they're missing the image. But I would in all, in all seriousness, it's like driving a car, right, Like when you drive a car, you're not just looking at one thing, right, You're awareness of multiple things. And it's really just practice, like if you're if you do it for a while then reading quickly or like shifting your eyes back and forth, it's not It's generally not a problem.
Speaker 1: I would hope not all right? Uh dd Sean, Yeah, sounded good. You need to see it. Next up Fear the Walking Dead the Complete Collection, which is wild to me that this has been on for so long that it needs a complete collection after the original series.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but I feel kind of like out of reality right now. Do we usually talk about TV?
Speaker 1: We do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Really? Y?
Speaker 1: Yeah? We do.
Speaker 2: I can't remember a single TV show that we've talked about.
Speaker 1: How about The Man Shannandoah or whatever that was called?
Speaker 2: Well tonight, We've talked about tons of TV, but like generally, I don't. I can't recall.
Speaker 1: All physical media, my friend.
Speaker 2: That's you're lying because we hardly ever, we hardly ever do anime titles.
Speaker 1: Oh that's not true. I cover pretty much all of them.
Speaker 2: Well, when I'm on no anime gets released, I.
Speaker 1: Guess literally not just a few weeks ago, I had like twenty minutes dedicated to discotheque anime titles.
Speaker 2: Whatever, your facts do not fit my narrative, therefore I reject them.
Speaker 1: That's the not the first time I've heard that exact sentence from me this week.
Speaker 2: Like earlier today. Maybe it just so happens. My wife is doing a complete watch through Fear of the Walking Dead, and despite the fact that she's watching every single episode of every single season in order, she keeps telling me how awful it is, and like the characters just keep changing, like Morgan, I'm a good guy now, Eve all you know, just back and forth, back and forth. And we watched all eleven seasons of the original Walking Dead every single episode together. I have not partaken of Fear of the Walking Dead. I did watch like the first episode of Meagan and Maggie because it was on Joe Bob and it actually looked kind of neat. But I don't know if I have the fortitude to embark on Fear of the Walking Dead.
Speaker 1: It's eight seasons, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I tried to watch him. I tried to watching The Walking Dead New World, the one with like the Young People, and I barely got through the first season of that. That show fucking sucks.
Speaker 1: Tell us how you really feel.
Speaker 2: That show is nobody's favorite walking Dead even though people are on it are like, yeah, I don't know about this one.
Speaker 1: That's funny, all right, go in to our next one. Okay. We got a massive fuck ton of shout titles today, like this is a huge month for them, but also they announced them oddly. They normally announced them on Mondays, and I think it's because it was a holiday this week that they kind of messed up their own timeline. So the first one is Dragon. The Bruce Lee story is getting a four K release on November twenty sixth. This has a new four K transfer and it's gonna have Dolby vision. None of the extras are new on this. It's simply a four K upgrade. Good duck. Huh good, good that this is coming out. Glad that, Glad that we got this.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: Then Rush from twenty thirteen is getting a Shout Select four K on November nineteenth. This is the Chris Hemsworth title. I've never seen this one, but I have been told this is probably gonna look really good in four K. New intro by Ron Howard on this. Everything else is archival.
Speaker 2: The alter The alternate title is thor Ascot.
Speaker 1: It's a good, good good title. Uh yeah, I I've not seen this one, but looks looks good in four K, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: And then I've never been able to care about race car.
Speaker 1: So I can't argue with it.
Speaker 2: I don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know the appeal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the discussion.
Speaker 1: Next is Luca Guadanino's Bones and All, coming on four K on November fifth from Shout. This is going to be a screen factory title with no new extras, no slipcover, and just not having a slipcover made so many people pissed off.
Speaker 2: I guess it's not. I guess it's not bones at all. Bones is most bare bones. I do want to see this.
Speaker 1: I did not get to see this the year it came out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one about the cannibal teenage yep.
Speaker 1: Mark Ryland's supposedly amazing in.
Speaker 2: This, right, It's like Twilight but cannibals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, check it out. The next one is where stuff starts to go off the rails. So Crampis the Knotty Cuts is coming in a four K steel book in a few bundles. You can get this for the steel book by itself. That's what I skipped over earlier. You can pick that up from Walmart or anywhere else. This isn't gonna be exclusive anywhere. And you can get a bundle for one hundred and forty dollars that includes a limited edition card game. It also includes a Crampis snow globe as it is made from glass, resin and acrylic. There is a Crampis gingerbread Man plushy that is six inches long, a Crampis Retro Prism sticker, and that is a one hundred and forty dollars Oh Christmas picked right. Or you could spend just one hundred and three dollars and get the snow globe, the steel book, the poster, and the prism sticker.
Speaker 2: One hundred and three, one hundred.
Speaker 1: And three, Or spend fifty dollars and get the steel book, poster and sticker. Fifty dollars for a steel book, a poster, and a sticker.
Speaker 2: Get so mad, it's so expensive. Yeah, just don't get it. That's how you tell them.
Speaker 1: But it gets worse. That's the funny part. They're releasing the Dark Crystal. We saw that steel book just a little while ago. This giant box is the Deluxe edition. This is coming on November nineteenth. It will include It comes with a collectible crystal shard, a twenty eight page book, art cards, and a sticker. But wait, there's more. Uh. This box it's off is ninety dollars, or you could buy the one hundred and ninety dollars bundle and this includes the eighteen inch by twenty four inch poster with the original art. It includes a coloring book of the Dark Crystal that's only eight pages long, a retro prism sticker, and a five enamel pin set. Plus you've got the Stop the Killer Limited edition board game or card game in this and that's one hundred and ninety dollars.
Speaker 2: Ooh so, but if you get the cheaper version, you still get the shard.
Speaker 1: Yet the ninety one the shard comes in the box.
Speaker 2: Still, but I don't see a picture of the shard.
Speaker 1: Nope, they're not advertising that yet. They're not even showing you what the movie comes in.
Speaker 2: It might be a little little.
Speaker 1: Shard, it might be a tiny shard.
Speaker 2: It could be a shard lit.
Speaker 1: Shard lit. Oh man, Uh so that's a that's a lot.
Speaker 2: That's testing. That's a test.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred ninety dollars, or you can size down to one hundred and twenty an go ahead.
Speaker 2: It has sixty nine cards, so that's nice.
Speaker 1: If you size down, you get the card game, the sticker, the poster, and the box set for one hundred and twenty.
Speaker 2: Sharded.
Speaker 1: It's the Sharded Edition. So that is the Dark Crystal. And again that's not even the worst of this month. Let's talk about Labyrinth.
Speaker 2: The worst is Crampus. At least these two have good movies.
Speaker 1: Uh. Labyrinth, the Deluxe Edition comes with a crystal ball with a wooden display base, a twenty eight page book, art cards, and a sticker. And that's again ninety dollars does it?
Speaker 2: Does it come with a rolled up sock to put in your pants?
Speaker 1: That's the Deluxe edition.
Speaker 2: Just to be clear, Bowie didn't need the sock. This is just for consumers.
Speaker 1: The Deluxe bundle. Here. Let's take a look at this. Oh, so this includes.
Speaker 2: I Gotta Jump In The Labyrinth card game only has sixty eight cards.
Speaker 1: Correct, That is not nice. This includes the eighteen x twenty four poster with the original theatrical art, the limited edition card game, the Labyrinth snow globe made from glass, resin and acrylic, the Loo Worm plushy which is six inches tall, again, a retro prism sticker, and then a Labyrinth retro handheld Maize game which is three inches by three inches and would not have cost more than about eighty cents to mass produce. Uh. And then they're doing the five piece an animal pin collection for this as well. Two hundred and sixty two dollars for that.
Speaker 2: I don't understand the odd number. It's like two hundred and three, two hundred and sixty two.
Speaker 1: Two sixty one ninety seven for this entire seven.
Speaker 2: Ninety seven, it's not even ninety nine. No feel off kilter. I feel I'm in elaborate.
Speaker 1: Two hundred and sixty two dollars. That is pure madness. This is embarrassing prices for Shout. They have a smaller bundle that includes the card game, the Maize, the Prism sticker, and the snow globe. This is one hundred and eighty one dollars. Uh They did announce an even smaller bundle with just the poster and the and something else and it's like one twenty seven Jesus Danny says, that's three hundred and ninety dollars Australian that you can get their bundle for one movie and a bunch of shit with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I feel like Shout should should switch names and rebrand as Shameless.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this is insanity. Uh I I don't even know what to say, Like, this is really bad, this is super predatory, feels like it feels very overpriced. This is craziness.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I think that this might be for like the same people who have enough money to like flat of whales on the Oasis.
Speaker 1: Before they break up by the fourth tour.
Speaker 2: Stuff or or like went to see like the Aha Acoustic Reunion. Right, you know those videos of like middle aged women crying.
Speaker 1: Specific pool, you know what?
Speaker 2: Look them up?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, oh man, that was a lot. All right, let's go because that's not even all from Shouts. We've still got more. They are releasing Hush from twenty sixteen on four K. This is Mike Flanagan's Hush that was on Netflix for forever and it disappeared last year because their license ran out. And here it is on physical media for the first time, and this is getting a four disc release. One is the four K of the original version, brand new restoration, new commentary with Mike Flanagan, his wife Kate Siegel, and actor Samantha Sloan, John Gallagher Junior, and Michael Trucco. Disc two is a four K disc of the brand new Shush Cut. This is a black and white version that has been moved around. They took some of the score out, so they changed some things about it. This is supervised and approved by Flannagan himself. New commentary with flanagain and Siegel, and there's a new audio mix on this. Disc three is the original version and the Shush Cut on Blu Ray. You've got all those audio commentaries we just talked about, and then Disc four is where they have all the special features. You've got a new feature length picture in picture video commentary, which is really cool. New interview with Samantha Sloane, new interviews with Kate Siegel, John Gallagher and Michael Truco, Mike Flanagan, the producer, Trevor Macy, the composers, the Newton Brothers, and then the Deep James Nist. There's a lot on this. I'm really glad this is getting release and I love this movie.
Speaker 2: I don't know nothing about it except when this came up. I started hearing a song playing in my head going hush hush, and I was like, oh, it's Paula Abdul with Keanu Reeves. But her song is not hush hush, it's rush rush, like the Chris Simsworth movie, Like we just passed. I feel like there's something cosmic, mystical going on with me right now, having.
Speaker 1: It that faded point.
Speaker 2: If that's not enough, I'm drinking water, dude.
Speaker 1: If that's not enough hush for you. They're also doing a bundle with a second slipcover and second poster and if you really want, you can shell out and get one autographed by Mike Flanagan. He signed one of the two posters.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about this movie.
Speaker 1: Great movie. It is about a woman who is a writer who's out in the middle of nowhere, and she is It's a home invasion movie, and the big difference here is she is deaf, so that plays a different part in the home invasion type story.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, yeah, I can see how that would be a problem.
Speaker 1: Viking says, Aha and Oasis fans are the ones buying screen factories overpriced, full of crap. You don't ever need it or will needed sets now we know.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm probably mixing generations.
Speaker 1: Then they announced an Escape from New York four K steel book. It looks like they are in the process of giving all of the John Carpenter four K titles a steal book. I believe after this we only have one more to go that they've released. Well, and I guess technically we never got a four K s deal book of the thing, but I don't know that they will be able to get the rights back for that one, so we shall see. Kind of odd art on this one. I mean, I love this movie, but.
Speaker 2: The art looks like Return of the Living Dead. Yeah, that's like Trioxen on the Street.
Speaker 1: Weird take on Escape from New York. But don't maybe the more exciting stuff for a lot of genre fans. November twenty sixth, they are giving us the Stephen Chow Collection. This is a box set you can get a This is a shout factory dot Com exclusive limited edition of twenty five hundred units. You can pre order this and get a poster of the new cover art this will have on it. Look Out Officer Justice, My Foot, the Mad Monk, and Out of the Dark. You've got a new feature length documentary on the first disc with a whole bunch of interviews, new commentary with James m new optional English subs on this, new commentary by James Mudge on the second disc, and new subs on their new commentary with James Mudge on the third new commentary with Frankie about Boa, and then a new interview with Daniel O'Brien on the fourth disc and a new another new commentary with James Mudge. Lots of stuff on this Stephen show. Titles are not getting released all that often, so I'm glad that we are getting something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a no brainer, and thank you KB till Tuesday was hush, hush, thank you, thank you. Ab loves Movies Save the Day.
Speaker 1: Are you a Stephen Chow person there, Will.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that means, so probably not. I'm not super well versed, Like I haven't seen a whole lot of Stephen Chow's movies, and that's one of the reasons I'm attracted to this action. So I'm not not a Stephen Chow person. I just haven't gotten enough education, Like like I've seen shallon soccer and Kung Fu Hustle on that actually might be it.
Speaker 1: So obviously what most people have seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously I need to fill some gaps by going south. I'm getting that getting Stephen Chocolfe.
Speaker 1: Ragnar was mentioning how I said that Shout Factory is predatory and brought up predatory Vinegarson Room just had a seven hundred and fifty dollars pay wall for a poster. Yeah, full degree, we tore them up last week, so go watch that episode.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Then finally disconnected finally from Shout Factory is the Golden Harvest, Volume one this is supernatural shockers, and they've got the Cat three logo on the frontier, and I believe all but one of these are CAT three films. This is gonna be able to have a poster if you order from the Shout website. This is what we had announced, kind of announced a leaked a couple months ago by Frank ching that there is a company doing two Golden Harvest sets. This is the first and the second one is coming soon from Shout, and he did reveal today that it's more action and kung fu focused than this one, so be prepared for that. He said. He did a bunch of commentaries for the second one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is this the one that was discussed in a text thread the other evening?
Speaker 1: No, this wasn't just revealed today, right, that's what I mean. Well, now I'm confused what you're asking.
Speaker 2: I recall having a text conversation with a member of the audience and.
Speaker 1: You, oh, no, that was something different.
Speaker 2: I believe that's something different. Yeah, very well.
Speaker 1: This is going to include sex and zen, Erotic ghost Story, Erotic ghost Story two, Erotic ghost Story three, doctor Vampire, and robo tricks, and there are what eighty eight film stuff yeah. Oh, and then there are new bonus features on all of these films. We got new commentaries, new interviews, lots to cover. If you really want to go into this, I would say check out the website if you are interested in this to see what all is on here. Lots of James Mudge, there's an interview with Frank Jang on one of these new interviews with Anthony Wong on Erotic Ghost Story two. Yeah, lots of great looking stuff on this set. Sadly, that makes me say, I feel like I must have it.
Speaker 2: I feel like we've got to get some creep eights together out of the community and make a tribute parody video called the Wong Song set to the tune of the classic Cisco track. I feel like that would be a really good, really good video.
Speaker 1: I feel like Erico would love to write that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we could. Maybe we could pitch that as an Easter egg to one of the boutiques who's putting out a movie.
Speaker 1: The I mean, I am wearing an air four four four four four four shirt as you come up with the idea.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, well I've thrown it out there. I'm looking for collaborators.
Speaker 1: Alex Krieger. Yes, this is what they were teasing when they mentioned Golden Harvest in the last couple of weeks. This is the first of who oh god, I thought that was it for Shout. Born on the fourth of July is coming as a four K release from Shout Select. This is gonna have some extras, maybe, it says extras in progress announced later. Born on the fourth of July. Pretty good movie. Actually, how do you do about this one? Have you seen this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: I like Oliver Stone. Tom Cruise really puts in some effort.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one of his better performances.
Speaker 2: I would say. I also think like, if you have to pick a holiday to be born on, that'd be a good birthday, honestly, right, Like, the party's already happening, the food's already happening, You're not having to double up.
Speaker 1: On presence you get fireworks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would be a good holiday to be born on. Although in this case, the movie is not saying that. For those who haven't seen it, this is not a comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah wait, you mean that cover art is not a laugh riot.
Speaker 2: No, this guy's really mad about the war.
Speaker 1: All right. Amazingly enough, we are down to only two more announcements. We've got a four K and Blu ray release of Circus of Horrors from nineteen six. This is coming from Keno Lober on October twenty ninth. We have no new features on this, and again this is just an SDR Master.
Speaker 2: You got a couple of good features on it.
Speaker 1: I mean, yes, but they're not new.
Speaker 2: Like I said, talking about the boobs.
Speaker 1: I know they're not new. She's rather old at this point.
Speaker 2: Thanks for ruining it.
Speaker 1: You didn't have to explain it anyways. Uh, let's just skirt right past it and talk about Doctor Who, the complete Jody Whittaker years. This is coming on November fifth on Blu Ray from BBC, and you can pre order that now. You know what's funny? That disc that set that I just showed it was one, two, three, four, five, six, seven and twelve disc set forty dollars for pre order right now, and Labyrinth has a two hundred and sixty two dollars a bundle.
Speaker 2: Are you saying that there are one two through four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven twelveve discs?
Speaker 1: Yes? Now, I am wow, yes, wow. Oliver Stone too crazy to day to be on anything beyond Shout. That is probably true. Eyes wide shut is up there for.
Speaker 2: Tunkers only if you disagree with him.
Speaker 1: I love doctor, says Ronnie. See Will still talks about TV shows Doctor Who. Yeah, I didn't say anything about it, all right, Just a reminder. What is coming out next Tuesday? Inside Out two on four K steelbook from Disney, Stepfather four K from Scream Strangers, four K from Scream All of Us Stranger's four K from Criterion, super Friends, the Complete Collection from Warner Cool. Late Night with the Devil steel book from rl J E wind River four K steel book that's a Walmart exclusive from Lionsgate. The Kevin Costner Horizon in American Saga one Chapter one, whatever that is coming out next week. You got a steel book you can pick up at Walmart. Richard Pryor Live on the This is Sunset Strip four K. Knuckles four K coming out next week. Dark Knight of the Scarecrows one and two double feature four K from VCI that got delayed, finally getting released. The other new Walking Dead series, The Ones Who Live, getting its release. Black Belt Jones from Warner Archive. Kill a four K seal book next week. Viva La Morte from Radiance, Anti Christ four K from Keno, The Prime Evils from Full Moon, To Kill a Mastermind from eighty eight Films, Zoltan Handeedracula four K from Keno, Evening with Kevin Smith, Blu Ray from Sony Pictures, Boulevard Knights from Warner Archive, shadow Boxing from eighty eight Films. Once to every Woman from Sony Pictures, The Golden Lotus The Golden Lotus from medi eight Films. Two Weeks in September from Keno, Avenging Force from Keto Totem. Also coming on next week, Clockwatchers from Shout God. There's a lot next week, Rolling Vengeance from Keno. You Were Not Alone from Altered Innocence. Will's Favorite Icons Unearthed, Fast and Furious from Milk Creek. We talked about this one on the show. Hint I Common Forbidden Superhero from Discothech coming out, Oh and a spiral coming from road In Flicks. That's about it. Any of those that you got on pre order or dying to have, Sir.
Speaker 2: Black Belt Jones Viva I, I won't get it, but I'd like to have super friends.
Speaker 1: I want to see the price come down for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, wouldn't it suck if you're superpowered was to turn yourself into a bucket of water?
Speaker 1: Oh man, sucks so much? Oh gosh. Thanks to Patty Boy another donation. Curious about your thoughts on the Bike Rider's favorite movie of the year so far. Great performance, is great soundtrack, great story. Have not seen it yet, but I've heard good things. Very curious to see Austin Butler's performance in it, and I've liked Jeff Nichols's stuff so far. I feel like you and I talked about Jeff Nichols. Do you like his stuff? Did you ever see Take Shelter? It feels like a Wheel movie.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not seeing a single Jeff Nichols movie, and I do not say that with pride. It just for whatever reason, I haven't seen them. Everything I've read about him sounds good.
Speaker 1: I would go ahead.
Speaker 2: I promise I will watch at least one Jeff Nichols movie before I watch the super Friends complete series.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. Totally get it, Roddie says, all of a Strangers. Criterion already have the UK Blu ray, though, Yeah, the timing of that kind of sucked. Definitely want that one in the flash sale. That's a Criterion. Flasha will definitely be in October, Ryan says black Belt Jones Rules. Yeah. Uh Air forty four package still waiting. Yep, I still wonder when we're gonna get that one.
Speaker 2: They check out this forced perspective. Look how giant my microphone gets.
Speaker 1: Oh man, that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: I'm Peter Jackson, y'all.
Speaker 1: Uh cinnhema. Jimbo watched Adella Is Not at Supper yet tonight. Great hilarious film looks great High Crimes. Was it last week having in the mail? Actually, I think it's next week at the week after next week. I think it's shipping early to everybody. Let's see got seven order in not a huge seven fan like the Fourth Victim, Beaston Heat, Not so much the Beast and Heat disc. You really want it for the documentary that's on.
Speaker 2: There Beast and Heat. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Uh Ronnie wants to see the Bike Riders for Jody Coomer. She's amazing.
Speaker 2: No, who's that?
Speaker 1: She's the female lead in Bike Riders. That was also in on that Well, I was expanding she was also in Okay, the last duel that was the big one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I don't think i've seen any of her movies, but she looks familiar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I have either.
Speaker 2: She was in a movie called The End We Start From, So that'll fit in well with many of the jokes that we've been making tonight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is it for announcements, And now we get to go over all of our recollections from the last six weeks or so. First, since the interview was recent, why don't we hear some stories from the Victoria Price.
Speaker 2: I told that one already. She was very nice.
Speaker 1: Is that anything else?
Speaker 2: I mean, we didn't go out drinking or anything.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know, I wasn't there.
Speaker 2: No, it was a real nice little road trip I got to take with Rock Hudson, and we went to just outside of Asheville here in North Carolina, where Victoria Price was stand. She's got a tiny home and she kind of just travels around going to conventions and given talks, and you know, she's done. She's written a memoir and done some work on like wellness and finding joy. And I know, I know when I say that sounds cheesy, but it's actually kind of cool, like the worst does. And she told some fantastic stories you know about about Vincent Price about their family. If you don't know much about Vincent Price's background, pretty amazing story, right. His grandfather invented baking powder, so they're set.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: And then and then his dad ran the National Candy Company, so they're set again. But and you know how I hate rich people, but this guy, this guy Ben Some Price is okay because he uses his wealth to help people, right. He goes in kinds of actor. He gets interested in art. He works really hard to increase like art education, and and works with seers. Was it sears I think too, to develop a line of artwork that was affordable for middle class people so you could enjoy prints of great art. He's one of the reasons so many people have like Lady of the Lake in their house. Yeah, the interview was for I was so happy for for John rock Hudson doing the interview because you know, he's been working towards towards you know, doing these kinds of features, and I thought he did a great job and he got some really cool So the the interviews are it's a long interview split in two. One half goes with BFI's release of The Oblong Box, which is the first film that Vincent Price and Christopher Lee were in together, although they only actually it's kind of like heat. They've got like one scene where they're in the same room and but I won't spoil it, and then the other I'm really excited about this Cooking Price Wise Vincent Price Cooking Show. Both of those are being released. Many of you have probably seen the pre orders up on on like Orbit and Diabolic and whatnot. And yeah, so she was, she was a delight. She came, uh, Chudson, I guess I'm just gonna call him Hudson. Got a got this Airbnb and you know, BF, I was, you know, taking care of the trip, and we uh we set up, got there the night before we watched oblong Box, went to bed, got up, and she came to the there been be set up. She was I think supposed to give us like ninety minutes, but she stayed for almost two hours, and then after that while we're packing up, stayed and talked a little bit longer. I mean, it was thrilling, and she's so nice, like she's she's proof positive that person of privilege can be a good person who uses it to help people. And so I've got nothing but respect for Victoria Price. Hope to meet her again someday.
Speaker 1: It's good to hear. Yeah, very good to hear. All right, Moving on to La, So Will and I both went to La. There will be more in depth versions of these stories coming out in the Patreon over the next week through blog stuff. Now you telling them, yeah, your version of the way, my version. Yeah. So Will arrived on a Saturday, I believe, and that very first day you were introduced to a friend that's in the chat right now. Alex got to go to a CD trader, and then we all went to dinner with mister Stan Geezy and Jeremy Long and Julius and Julius and Will's sister showed up.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, out of all the people that you named, guess who's going to Wales the co Oasis.
Speaker 1: Super nice to meet everybody on that first night. We didn't do much work on that first day, but then you know, started getting kind of busy after that. Of course, very next day we went to a Korean barbecue lunch with another one that's been in the chat. Tonight, New World Pictures podcast, Ryan Galland was there with us. Just this Brian Sower went to lunch with us incredible lunch, super tasty food. Was a great time. Then we went to Alex's place and all of us got together on the couch to watch a movie that I feel like you're gonna tell this part. He wanted to watch a movie with us called Hair of Purple, and please go ahead and explain this whole part of the story.
Speaker 2: That's a fucking guy, I'll tell you. First of all, I want to say, at least one of the highlights was of the trip was meeting Alex. Really real, nice fella. I really enjoyed getting to know him.
Speaker 1: Super personal, super generous.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like the opposite of Jeremy Long in every way.
Speaker 1: Good driver.
Speaker 2: No, I gotta say I love Jeremy Long. We'll get to him in a minute. So Alex think Alex takes this this this group back to his place and he's like, hey, it was like it's like mid afternoon, and we had just eaten like two pounds of barbecue each and right it was right after the barbecue. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And so we sit down on this couch and I know I've made the joke about how we've been sitting on jd Vance's like dream couch, but this really was this really was like I was kind of getting interested in it myself. It was such a comfortable couch, like you get in and you cannot get out. Yeah, And so we're all like sitting there like drunk with beef sweat, and Alex is like, Alex pulls up like this just blank white sleeve with a disc, and he's like, you guys want to watch a movie. And I'm thinking, holy shit, it's like we're gonna watch someone get murdered on on screen. This is what a stuff film looks like. And so he puts it in this movie Hair Purple, which is a Korean film, and we'll tell the backstory afterwards. And it is a sort of ghost story, hard drama, rape revenge movie.
Speaker 1: Right, literally all of that and one.
Speaker 2: And the these these eight guys lounging on a on a couch proceed to watch the most erotic movie I think I can remember seeing, just wall to wall sex scenes. There's so much going south, so much fishing.
Speaker 1: Just.
Speaker 2: Intercourse, intercourse every second. But it's also a police procedural, paranormal psychological investigation mystery right about about this woman who can like project a demon goddess through her dreams to murder men who have wronged her after coupling with them an incredibly inventive way, multiple rim jobs.
Speaker 1: There was like ten or twelve sex scenes in this movie.
Speaker 2: And you know what, it was great. It is a really good movie, All Hair of Purple. I think it got like six or seven letterbox reviews the very next day. It was amazing. And then would you like to share some of the backstory that Alex regaled us with.
Speaker 1: We'll go over this in a minute, because we got to experience the backstory in person as well.
Speaker 2: You decide how to tell it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So following this, we went home for the night and the next day we got to meet which uh was basically like.
Speaker 2: This is this is this, this is all Alex's curation. Oh wait are you are you veering off into another story?
Speaker 1: We are, Yeah, we're gonna talk about the Chicken Man in just a minute. The next day we got to meet somebody that was literally the nexus for the entire trip for us to go to la and that was we got to meet Laurent Uh from Wicked Vision and also known as the Vegan Satanist. He was a part of the Shelf Shock Rewind Awards over this last year that we did the second annual one, and it was amazing. We got to go to lunch with him at the most stereotypical tourist place with terrible food. It was terrible, god awful. We went to Johnny Rockets on Hollywood Boulevard with the oman Zeke from Germany.
Speaker 2: The food was exceeded in its awfulness only by the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was pretty bad, but meeting meeting Laurent was great, and it was such a treat to be able to meet somebody that we had known from Germany and spoken with virtually so many, many many times handsome. Yeah, I literally got to pick him up and cradle him for a couple of pictures that'll be in the Patreon video that's going up.
Speaker 2: Discomfiting sentence. You just said.
Speaker 1: It was perfect though, So that was a good time. We went. Uh. Yeah, we went to that lunch and then we both kind of went our separate ways for the rest of that day until.
Speaker 2: I just get for the record, regular hug.
Speaker 1: Until we got together again with Alex for chicken. And this is where we get back to Hair of Purple, because Alex had regaled a story about this, this Hair of Purple by telling us that he went to a restaurant in Koreatown I believe was called Gold Tongue or something like that, and he said that the person that works here again, person that works here, it's one person working at a restaurant in Koreatown, serves amazing chicken covered with fresh fruit. And also he directed films in Korea different sauces, different sauces as well. So we go down there. Alex takes me and Will and we sit down at this table and we adorn plastic gloves and are served a heaping tray of fried chicken covered in different sauces and fresh fruits. And we finally get to speak to this man that just made us the chicken after seating us, and tell him that we watched his movie this last weekend and it was fantastic. We tried to ask him some questions and find out if he ever got distribution. He basically can't speak great English, so he gets out that he lost like ten million dollars in South Korea and moved to the US to be able to serve people chicken, and he ended up giving us uh. We all got a copy of Hair of Purple on DVD. And then he gave us another film that he directed and said, uh, there's no subtitles, but you'll like it. It's sad uh and I have not been able to watch this one yet. Eager too though. He was a great person. But the chicken was stupendous. It was so good, everything was fresh, the food on there was amazing.
Speaker 2: Kill Cha Jong was his name, Kil Cha Jong. He directed like six or seven films, and we were kind of talking to him about you know, distribution and everything and what had happened, and he basically said that he lost millions of dollars and everybody left him and he was alone and sad. So he came to the United States that started the chicken restaurant. That's sad. But the chicken's great, and you know, you can google it. There's a there's a it's pretty famous. So I got a lot of a lot of great stories. And I want to thank Alex. What a random thing though, right like we all meet up and he's like, hey, I was at this chicken place a couple of months ago, and and when I got my tab, he just handed me a DVD purple so we watched it and then yeah, oh, and he told he told some pretty good stories, Like we we mentioned that we were impressed with the erotic and there's this there's a scene. There's a scene where a guy is like having sex in the snow, and it's like, some of the scenes it's not snow, but then some of the scenes it's definitely snow and a guy's like face down naked in the snow. And John says, yeah, that was me. Like the shot of the guy's ass in the snow, that's my ass, he said.
Speaker 1: The actor didn't want to do it, so he got down and did it. I think it's hilarious. If you look up Hair of Purple on a letterbox, all of the reviews mentioned I went and got chicken and was handed this movie. It's so funny. The movie is great. If you can see it, you should see it. If you are ever in southern California, try to make it to Korea Town and get a copy of Hair of Purple and get.
Speaker 2: Even if you don't, the chickens great man, it's truly great.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The next day we spent literally almost doing nothing. We we worked next to each other near Craig as he was restoring the upcoming release of Feel a day. We got to sit in Deaf Crocodile headquarters and collaborate on some things and just be near each other. That was a good day, but it was I'm I'm secure in my feelings. I liked being close to you.
Speaker 2: Will I'm secure in my feelings.
Speaker 1: That's not what I've heard. Yours is only a sure that you can take off and I will. Anyways, the next couple of days got very busy for us. We know that we had my show coming up. We went to meet up with Connor Holt, who has written for The Physical Media Advocate. He's gotten an article in pretty much every issue so far and he's a great guy. We were able to go meet up with Nathaniel Thompson, really great commentator. He works at a place called the Hollywood I always get this wrong. I think it's Hollywood Motion Picture Fund f U n D. And it is essentially a, like to put it in very simple words, of retirement home for people that don't have the means to take care of themselves and pay for somebody to come take care of them hand and foot every single day. And it was a very interesting place. We got to tour the whole grounds, Nathaniel Thompson was running us through gardens that were transplanted from famous Hollywood stars. Yeah, Roddy McDowell's Rose Garden was there. Chapel John Ford's chapel, we got to stand inside of it. Uh. They literally moved the chapel from his estate to this place.
Speaker 2: Braziers.
Speaker 1: We got to see the piano that The Wizard of Oz was composed on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, the the uh the the brand new film that just came out this year, Thelma. Uh, there is like an electric scooter chase scene happened on the grounds here and uh it we were able to walk through where that was filmed. But even just to be able to spend some time with Nathaniel was great. He's he's such an interesting, generous, warm person.
Speaker 2: Anthony asked if we saw the cane from Citizen Kane.
Speaker 1: No, it was ruined by one of the other citizens. Then that night was the big show we had, Like we saw the shard, we saw who sharded. Uh. There there was a big you know, disconnected uh reconnected that night with everybody in Jeremy's tiny apartment. After he showed everybody all of his movies and did the Grand Tour for everybody.
Speaker 2: I gotta tell you, Jeremy Long such a nice guy, such a kind guy, so giving can really take a joke, which is good because he can't write.
Speaker 1: One man. Jeremy would be pissed if he would ever watch this, but he will. Uh. Then one of one of the highlights of our trip, I think we were able to go to the Severn headquarters and got to meet a Big Dave and Andrew Furtado and see them.
Speaker 2: You call him big Dave, that's what everybody calls him. Really, I've never heard that.
Speaker 1: You also never heard me talk about TV shows or anime either, so.
Speaker 2: I called him mister Gregory.
Speaker 1: I heard you say gregoriyah once. That was weird. Greg Well, we got to go through the Severn cellar, we got to sit in the the movie theater seats and in David Gregory's office and chat about some things. And uh, it was such an honor to be able to hang out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really really nice time. Uh. I felt like Opera looked fine and I wanted to reassure them, okay, but.
Speaker 1: That by the way, when we you met up with them, it was the week before they announced that there was going to be replacement for it and everything, so everybody was a little on edge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we talked about well, something that we'll tell you more about later. So that's very actually gonna be I think it's going to be kind of Neto, I fully agree.
Speaker 1: Uh. And then later on that night we all got to go to a screening at the Egyptian Theater of Simon Laying. We got to see Goodbye Dragging In Together kind of you had to sit in a separate section and Julius Yeah.
Speaker 2: Very kindly joined me. Yeah, and it was actually it was actually like relevant to the film though, mm hmm. Right that I was that I was alone and searching for connection very.
Speaker 1: Much, So I love that that gets discussed. Right after we talked about your shirt. Yeah, that was cool. We got to see a Q and A with Simon Lang, which is very rare. It's not like he comes to the US to do things like this very often. So I felt very fortunate to be able to be there that night.
Speaker 2: It was very funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then that was basically the end. There's a couple other things peppered in there that will be Patreon stuff that we'll talk about, and other than that, it was a very busy time, got got to meet so many people that I've wanted to meet for a very long time forgot to mention. Met with Howard s Berger. He drove us to hang out with Nathaniel that day.
Speaker 2: Very fun guy, I was. You know, I was really moved by how kind and generous everybody was. You know, we're just We're just people, you know, trying to make it through this shithole called life. And it's so rare that you meet people that are genuinely kind and curious and generous. And I felt like we met several, maybe perhaps most of the of the kind kind of people in in La. It was. It was really humbling, honestly, two be you know, chauffeured around and and and invited into you know, people's homes and given space and and sharing time, you know, going to going to various restaurants. Holy cal Craig took us to who this wonderful sausage place for a sassage place was so good, good lord. And yeah, you know two quote the late great Patrick Swayzee in the context of the most precious thing you can do with another person. We shared time, true, and I'm so grateful for it.
Speaker 1: On that note, I was trying to reconstruct the whole timeline in my mind, and I knew I was going to miss at least one and I did will and I got to sit down in a beautiful little cafe with David Marriott from Canadian International Pictures and arblows and again, like the the the personal stories that we both had things in common with him and could just be people with It was such a great, great part of that trip. And to be able to see him and just just be people and uh, listen to some of the things that he struggles with and and how hard it is to keep some of these smaller labels moving. It was inspiring h in a way, and also just empathizing with the guy. Was like, yeah, it's it's difficult.
Speaker 2: Everybody needs to hop on ocean and get a copy of the hard part begins, all right, my favorite Canadian International Pictures release.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was a very big, very big trip. There was so much that was happening into the four K Hello from Italy, what's going on, glad? Yeah, Yeah, so much happening that that week. There's even more stuff that we couldn't share yet, But just the the fact that we were I was there for twelve days. Will was there for eight, and it feels like every single minute was scheduled. We were exhausted after the trip, and yet we both got home and had to start working on other stuff immediately. It was a crazy time for both of us, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just wrapped up a project that I'm pretty excited about. The Great Land of Small is a very important film, but I tell you, the hard part begins. I love it, and apparently the hard part is moving that particular title a plug, maybe move a couple of units for him.
Speaker 1: I still like the fact that you and Jeremy and I were able to see that move well, see most of that movie together in Missouri last year. That was such a rare experience to be able to get that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's going to get rare because they they gave us that screener in the hopes that we promoted on the show, and it clearly backfired.
Speaker 1: Did not do anything.
Speaker 2: That was like my first question when we met Dave. It was like, Hey, I gotta know, how's the hard part begins doing? Because I love that movie and we you know, plugged it and he's like, oh, terrible in the warehouse. So true, So true, so you know, next time there's a sale or something and you're looking to fill out your cart, consider the hard part begins. It's quite good chique.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I think that's it that we were gonna mention for today. Uh. Any any questions or anything else anybody wants to know about that we can answer. Uh, send it in the chat real quick before we call it to night. Anything else you want to bring up will before we call it.
Speaker 2: Uh huh, I'm not sure what I'm allowed to say. You got your little Patreon exclusives.
Speaker 1: I mean, I didn't mention anything from the whole first week, so a lot of those will be listed.
Speaker 2: Oh right, right, right, all the stuff you do without me.
Speaker 1: Couch wants to know. Do we hit any other LA theaters? I don't. Did you go anywhere else? Or was the Egyptian the only screening?
Speaker 2: Egyptian was only screening. We were going to go to the screening of Cuckoo at the at USC at USC but the theater turned out to be beneath my standards.
Speaker 1: Well and that and it was literally triple overbooked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, really pissed Jeremi off.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did, though I got to go see a screening at the Los Follies three, and then we went to we went to Universal City Walk for a movie one night, and we also went to Oh gosh, Craig, you're in the chat. Where did we go to see the movie that first night? I don't remember what theater that was at. It was a Culver City. I think Culver City, AMC. Yeah, nothing, nothing crazy. We definitely need to schedule some much time, that's for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, we saw another movie at Alex Alex's place.
Speaker 1: True, true?
Speaker 2: What was that called The Recent Vinegar?
Speaker 1: It was the Nick Millard Crazy Fat ethel is the the that's the also known as title I don't uh, I don't remember the actual name of the name of it. Let me pull it up real quick. Criminally and criminally insane. That's the one criminally insane.
Speaker 4: Thanks Alex, Yeah, thanks Harry, thanks a lot. Ales Like, I really enjoyed meeting you. I even let him have my real phone number.
Speaker 1: And you haven't even revoked that privilege yet. Are you excited or are you going to make a trip to go see Beetlejuice Beetle Juice in theaters.
Speaker 2: I'm not excited about it, you know, but I am going to take the kids. They want to see it, for sure.
Speaker 1: My nine year old is begging to go see it, so I think we probably will.
Speaker 2: You know, it's funny, I like, I'm like going crazy with nostalgia over the never ending story with a one hundred and eighty dollars fake book, But when nostalgia sequels happen, I'm usually kind of stand offish. And the reason is I don't want my memories to get messed with, right, Like, I recognize it's its own film and should be evaluated that way and has nothing to do really with my experience with the original Beetlejuice or or Ghostbusters or you know anything, But I don't know. I'm gonna see it, and I hope it's good. It's been getting, you know, the initial reviews you can't trust because they're all planted by the studio. You know. It's like, let's get a twenty minute interview on NPR because there's no news anymore, and like New York Times interviews with Michael Keaton and stuff, and okay, great, great, great, we'll see, we'll see how the movie actually is. I'm not against it, I'm in principle. I just usually don't get into the legacy sequels.
Speaker 1: The crazy thing is all the like critics, critics that I actually trust, most of them are surprisingly positive about it.
Speaker 2: You'll have to show me who these mythical.
Speaker 1: Critics sorr like people that have been on the channel.
Speaker 2: I don't trust these motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Looked like an animated donkey there.
Speaker 2: You know what. You know what else? They don't trust me either.
Speaker 1: That's that's very true. Oh so true. You are not going over to babies at their kids.
Speaker 2: Just look through the comments. Everybody's like, oh, you don't like race cars? What the fuck? The whole chat tonight has been let's go Brandon and me.
Speaker 1: Oh geez, another time that we're too political here.
Speaker 2: But I Kidnascar fans.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm stoked to that. Everybody's coming back for the sequel except I guess Gina Davis and Alec Baldwin aren't. But yeah they left.
Speaker 2: They left that pedophile out too.
Speaker 1: I guess. Yeah. I was gonna mention.
Speaker 2: But the reason I called him this is because I forgot.
Speaker 1: His name, Jeffrey something.
Speaker 2: Alleged.
Speaker 1: Is it a legend or I don't know if it is a legend. Anyways, I think that's all we got tonight. Thanks for everybody hanging out, Will, Thanks for doing a long, three and a half hour show tonight with me.
Speaker 2: It's fun. Of course, the description says I'm playing at Mondo.
Speaker 1: It shouldn't I apologize. Are you looking.
Speaker 2: At underneath the picture that I'm looking at?
Speaker 1: That's funny that that was updated, but I guess not. Oh it didn't say because it wouldn't post a Facebook. That's a long.
Speaker 2: Story at you got my links.
Speaker 1: I'm good, I see you know I was working on it. I'll fix that post.
Speaker 2: Everybody go get the hard parts begin part begins and get and then get the one hundred and thirty dollars Wes Craven book up man.
Speaker 1: And Will wants to buy a shard. So yeah, next Thursday, as usual, we'll be back for Reconnected, and somebody we talked about tonight will be on the show. Come back for Nathaniel Thompson next Thursday. Oh how about that? Come hang out. We hope to see everybody then. On that note link for Patreons in the description below. If you're interested in keeping the discussion going and joining a film community that loves discussing these things openly. Very warm receptive group. You were gonna say something.
Speaker 2: Else, Disconnected, Disconnected, Disconnected, You couldn't do anything.
Speaker 1: There we go. Thank you for watching the Disconnected. On the way out, make sure that you are subscribed to the channel, that you've liked the video, and that you've copied the link to be able to share with someone else that may appreciate this. Sh me