Speaker 1: Unless it crashes again here momentarily, I'm trying to get this thing to work. Then it tried to schedule it. I didn't set anything up for a schedule. Why is technology failing me right now? Are we actually live or not? That is what I'm here to do, is Harritt's manned got paid, So I'm trying to make sure we have coverage on that here on the first talk restream. Work with me, please, I still don't see the live up yet. If anybody is out there seeing this, they can get it to the chat. They let me know if we are in fact live or not, or if the stream is dot. It's feeling like that right now. Some people might feel like that typically anyways, Okay, I think we are good to hear, to go, good to go here, I should say, let me see if I can get my ducks in a row. My words are the right places, and get out of tweet because we are alive now it's happening. I'm gonna put out the tweet as there was breaking news with Terrence Man. I will tell you the contract details on this Clippers Talk Live as I shout out and put out the tweet here Clippers Talk Live Man gets paid, and I need a link for it now and then I'll be good. Somebody's in here, they're saying, what's up, Adam Okay, excited about this. We are fully operational once again. As I was getting a little bit flustered and frustrated with this live stream as why has it tried to crash on me for me going live? Now here it is? This is the live link at follow Adam Ay, So I'm glad we got some people in here. Happy days. Yes, Terrence Man has been paid. That Mexican says that's the screen name. I'm just reading it and what it says here. But we do have a live link out there now and now I'm gonna shoot this bad boy over to our friend Law Mrie of d N you who may drop by, I'm not sure yet to discuss the Terrence Man contract details Man live stream emailing. Law would be nice to have his expertise here. People already asking is he getting traded or kept with Terrence Man. Let's start things right now. You're listening to a Clippers talk live. I'm at a Moslins frustrated with some of the live streams that for whatever reason failed me earlier. But We're up and runner now, and so is Terrence Man with your Los Angeles Clippers. As I do a little bit of a reset. Has he disagreed to a three year, four twenty seven million dollar contract extension with the franchise that came from Sham Sharania about one hour ago. This ain't exactly a news dump Friday now. Clipper Nation is very happy about this. In fact, Old Man Yen says, happy Friday, Clipper Nation. Uh, here's David Gibson saying substance overflash. Unlike the Lakers, the Clippers have always done that. Terrence Man is certainly a player of substance and one of my favorite Clippers of all time. He is your longest tenured Clipper, and now he is signed through the twenty seven to twenty eight season. People are already speculating about whether or not he could be traded summer reporting he is eligible to be traded this season. We know it beats a. Zubats is not he got his extension money. But this is good news and I'm hoping he's gonna be around for some time because he has been a great ambassador for Clippers basketball and has done whatever he has been asked to do, does this put him in the running now to be the starting two guard next to James Harden in the backcourt, since that was much of the conversation we had this week talking with La Murray, I think it was on Wednesday. Yes, after the pressure on Tuesday with Lawrence Frank and coach lou saying that, yeah, there's two starting spots up for grabs. Guys are going to be competing. You have to earn it. Earn it, Ryan, earn this. Sorry save a private Ryan reference. Not sure if everybody's into that, but I am very much excited for the Clippers and for team Man, especially here. This is a well earned contract gets him about sixteen million dollars per year, so a bump of about six million dollars up from what he was being paid on his last extension. But this is one of my favorite players, and yes, I thought he and Avitza Zubats, we're going to get paid this summer. Some people disagreed with that, and they are taking an l and a receipt for me, as I already posted something I said from a few months ago regarding both of these players being very very likely resigned on extensions because I couldn't see the Clippers letting Big Zoo or Terrence Man go. It just didn't make sense. You have two guys entering their prime, one who just turned twenty seven in a visa zubots and Terrence Man, I think is about to turn twenty eight next week. Let me check on this, Terrence Man. Yes, okay, so a couple more weeks, just before the season starts. His birthday's October eighteenth, he'll be turning twenty eight. You're getting two young guys that you've invested so much in in their prime. That's the way to do things. That's the way to run a business. And the Clippers front office hats off to them for getting this done. I invited Will Updyke and check my on, but they're not going to be able to make it. Unfortunately. Chuck does say he loves the extension. We had a pretty darn good clips and dips show for you. I think it happened last night. It's been a whirlwind for me.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest with you, Lick, did it happen last night? Did it happen Wednesday? I've been doing so many of these Clippers talk live shows recently that it's been hard to keep track of what the last show was. Who I talked about. I think we had Carlo Jimenez on your radio Voice of the Clippers just yesterday. As I'm trying to organize my thoughts here, old man Yen says they had tea man and all the initial into a Dome opening advertising. Yes, so they the organization must think highly of him. They do. Borne Frank was asked about contract negotiations on Tuesday, so they're trying to get a deal done. We have a listener from hopone Japan. This contract means he's getting starter, firm promise or not. I don't know if anything's promised. We'll find out. The good news is we'll have a little bit more clarity on Monday because it's media Day at into Dome for the first time. Its gonna be a lot of fun. Starts at about ten am. I'll be there. I'll have all your media day coverage you could ever want. I'll be live streaming things. I'll do probably a couple of shows afterwards right afterwards. I just I am excited for Clippers basketball to get underway, and now I'm excited for team man Jay says, I've been saying this since they all signed the last beam at into it. I don't believe in curses, but Teman was the first to dunk it into it. If we trade him, this is how it starts. Let's go Clippers. Well hopefully that is not the plan. This doesn't look like anything close to he signed in trade situation, Roy says, how soon can he be traded after this extension in theory. My goodness, guys, how quickly we turned on our own in Terrence Man. Tim Bontemp says Man's deal is immediately eligible to be traded. Sources told ESPN that's interesting. I just don't see it happening right now. I'm not saying it wouldn't happen at some point. You know there are going to be moves and the rosters going to be fluid for the next couple of years. I think in very significant ways. It's a very tradable contract. You can certainly make that argument with Terrence Man, but you can never, as my guy Dime Dropper likes to say, you can never have too many wings three and d guys. In today's NBA Evilbot said, so you have time for clips and dips, but they don't have time for Clipper stock. Come on, now, this is just sprung on us. We planned out that clips and dip. We didn't know Terrence Man was going to be signed today to that extension. But we are all happy about it. Roy says, just saying, Man plus PJ plus Norm per a star if we are a top three seed. Interesting thought. I don't think those three guys are necessarily getting you a star. If you meet someone like Zach Levine, yeah, you'd probably be in the ballpark trading those three. And we know how the money could work out. We've been talking about this all summer long. But the problem with Zach Levine is he has an option in the summer of twenty twenty six on his deal that's about fifty million dollars, which if he takes it, then that takes up a lot of the salary cap during an off season where some pretty significant guys could be available. And we've been talking about this maybe shadow plan that the Clippers have of reloading in twenty twenty six. We have no idea if that's going to be the case or who's going to be available. Then people keep bringing up that Luka Doncis and sta can both be free agent In theory, yes they can be, but we don't know they could sign extensions. Before that, they were good winning organizations. Luka Doncis was just in the NBA Finals. They Oksey Thunder. They have most of the Clippers' picks. They're set up for the future. They just brought in Alex Caruso and their old friend Isaiah Hartenstein. So I suppose it couldn't be all positive right positives right now, roy I wouldn't do that for Brandon Ingram. I don't know if the Clippers would either. You have to pay him immediately after this season. That's why nothing has happened between him and the Pelicans in moving him yet, because every team that brings him in knows he could be a rental. You want to lose possibly tears Man and Norn Powell for nothing because you bring in Brandon Ingram and you're not able to resign him, or he just doesn't have a great year and you don't want to give him one hundred and fifty million dollars plus, which is what it's going to take. Jeremy Grant not a star, but he is on a contract deal that is pretty hefty. He just signed a five year contract extension for one hundred and sixty million dollars with the Portland Trailblazers. But we just review this for you. So this year he's making thirty million, Next year thirty two, the year after that thirty four, the year after that's a player option for thirty six. So that also would not fit in the timeline of having plenty of money available in the summer of twenty twenty six. If you bring in Jeremy Grant doesn't make a lot of sense. Yeah, I did have to clown my guy on X even though I love him. He was arguing with me, what was this back in July, talking about how much cap space the Clippers could have, and I said, well, you know, they're very likely extending if Heast, the Zubats and Terrence Man, so I don't know if they're going to have one hundred million dollars worth of cap space, which is what he was saying late in August, and he was kind of against. He said, there's a real possibility, especially with the way t Man said we were talking about in a contract extension last offseason, that things and feelings could change. And I said, bro, it's not that real of the possibility. Now, to his credit, JD thirteen said, you could be right. I said I am. Dear God, I said, I am. I'm I'm ridiculous with the receipts. I will try to do better. This is the conversation. Yes, I said I am when he said he very well could be right, Adam, stay humble. Stop being so cocky about it. I guess it's too late, since I already retreated this thread to prove that I was right about them giving contract extensions to it beats the Zubats and to Terrence Man, I'm just happy for them. Who cares about me being right about this? That's not what's important here, guys. Whoo, I need to relax. Twitter does not bring out the best at us and that was revealing. Ah, yes, Roy, you forgot about that extension. Why did Portland do that? Because Portland has a very tough time enticing free agents. So when they can get somebody like Jeremy Grant on their team and they can keep them, they're going to It's still a tradable contract. Someone might do it at some point, so it's a good asset for them. Camis Mio says eight points per game, not a lot as a starter after five years, scared of his own shadow and won't shoot three years guaranteed with no option is wild, And that's wild, is your statement. I don't know if you realize this, but Terrence Man has been playing next to Kawhi, next to Paul George, next to James Harden, and they don't necessarily need a lot of scoring when you had all three of those guys. That's not what he was there to do. Let me try to explain the impact of Terrence Man very simple. Since the end of the twenty twenty three season when he got into that starting lineup and they went ten and four right before they brought in Russell Westbrook and that upended things. Terrence Man was no longer starting. We know it's been Herkie's Jerkie with him in and out of the lineup, playing different positions. He has been an unbelievable person and player by the way he's handled so many different shuffling lineups and rotations and positions he's been asked to play over the years, and he has done so like a good soldier. And I'm glad he's been rewarded today because of things like that. But with the Clippers since that time end of the twenty twenty three season, when they start off ten and four with Team Man in the starting lineup, they have been over thirty games over five hundred with him in the starting lineup. When you take it from that point through all of this season, Terrence Man is a winning player. He does the little things that help you win. Like I don't know, he gave him a chance to take out the Dallas Mavericks that went to the NBA Finals this past season without Kawhi Leonard for the most part, and he wasn't right when he played in that series. He helped give them a chance even with Paul George's only averaging nineteen points per game because he was getting locked up by Derek Joniors Jones Junior in that first round series. Terrence Man gave them a chance because why he held Luka Doncic to forty percent shooting in that first round series. His defense was stifling. It was clamp city. He was fantastic. If you don't understand that type of value when you're worried about him, well, only was getting eight points per game in his career. It's like, that's not what Terrence Man is necessarily about does he need to take ketch and shoot threes? Can he not shy away from those? Yeah, he does. He needs to make sure to put him up from the outside, and that was emphasis of the press conference on Tuesday. Of course, so is Derek Joes Junior. So do a few other guys on this team win in this offense, especially right now. James Harden finds you you need to put them up from the outside because it helps with spacing. If you are a threat from three, that's gonna help with spacing everywhere and stretching the floor and creating space. For the two best ISO scores in the league last season Kawhi by a wide margin, and then second was James Harden. The role players, the contributors, they have to take and make those shots and make the opposition have to close out on them. Conmissed Mio says he doesn't warrant a bag on the open market. That's why he stayed. No idea what his thinking was with his agent. Just stop man, take the L. Terrence Man haters take the L today, stay in shambles. If you can't understand the value of Terrence Man, you probably have a hard time with modern basketball in general and understanding what wins you games. Terrence Man is a winning player and has a ton of intangibles. Thirty games over five hundred the last year and a half with Terrence Man in the starting lineup, says it all. That's how good he has been. I think it's actually closer to forty. Haven't checked the number in a while, but yeah, Oscar, he says, I don't get what the Clippers are doing paying a guy sixteen million per year over three years that just entering his prime that plays multiple positions, is a three and D guy great in transition. Let me let me point out something else. Terrence Man haters. They just can't stop themselves and they can't help themselves. Let me point out something else with Terrence Man. You may not be aware of that. I'm sure was used in contract negotiations, as it should be, because he is elite in an area that people don't realize. Of guards in this league this past season who took at least one hundred and fifty shot attempts in the restricted area, only Luka Doncic was better than Terrence Man. There, Lucas shot seventy five point nine percent in the restricted area. Terrence Man was second at seventy five point seven percent. Right behind him was only second to Luka Doncic in guards when it came to fueld goal percentage in the restricted area. Not a fluke. How do I know this because the year before, Terrence Man was third in the league, only behind the Aaron Fox and Steph Curry, ahead of Luka Doncic when it came the fueld goal percentage in the restricted area. He finishes. He's great in transition, he's great at getting downhill, and some people are not great at understanding how good he is for this team. Comess Meal, this is the last time I'm putting you up. Probably gonna ignore you after this. Hit the ignore button. I've explained through stats like I just did advance once. I don't know if they're going over your head. I hope not. I've explained with the winning record that is absurd with Terrence Man in the starting lineup. Here's another one for you. He shot forty four percent the last fifty games from three last season after getting off to a woeful start from three. Terrence Man the first half of the year where he couldn't figure it out from beyond the Arc twenty five games in he was shooting twenty one point four percent from three. The last fifty games in the regular season, he shot forty four percent from three. He shot forty five percent in the playoffs against Dallas from three, while holding Luka Doncic to twenty percent from three and forty percent from the floor. Are you just you just can't help some people like they just are too stubborn to listen and it's sad, Melvin Powell says the Clippers. The Clippers are going to renegotiate Chris dun contract in for a similar deal to Terrence Man. Melvin Powell is a Chris Dunn disciple. I'm a big Chris dunfan too. He's obsessed. He is someone that loves to talk about him and is very optimistic. And I understand that part of it, uh because I am too. And we'll see. He may be in a battle with Terrence Man, or that's starting two spot with Norman Powell. Hey, maybe KPJ is in the mix. I don't know. The glowing things that coach lu said about Kevin Porter Junior on Tuesday made me feel different about the situation. I mean, Assan says Terrence plays hard and is amazing on d Well. He wasn't that series. I thought overall he was solid during the regular season, but he could be better. He's capable of more. Again, it's not easy when you're playing all these different positions all the time. You're filling in at the two, the three, the four. He's guarded centers before. It is a guy who is so versatile and is so important to this team, and I'm hoping he stays for a long time. And just because it's a very tradable contract, and just because apparently he's eligible to be traded immediately that doesn't happen. I'm guessing that is not why they made this deal, because that's such good value for a player like Terrence Man. Huge. This is big. This is big for the Clippers. It's big for Terrence Man. It's big for him having the inside track. As I said yesterday, for that starting two guard position. I'm trying my best, j am I thirteen twenty four. I've tried my best. Some people just they can't be helped like this guy. I hope you're willfully wrong for the sake of the team. I'm guessing you're wrong a lot because you probably never even thought they'd signed Terrence Man because you're probably been a hater for this long. You can't help some people, I'm telling you. Jay says no postgame talks after preseason games, right, have you seen your seat yet into it? Or do I need to call Steve Lol? Whoever can't see the importance of Man is not a Clipper fan. It's funny to me my guy Zach Low, who got let go by ESPN yesterday, and I had a big rant about that with Carlo Jimenez on the live we did yesterday. He has been a huge Terrence Man guy for a long time. Those in the note those who know ball and aren't just hoopers talking about inefficient players that have a big bag but they don't exactly score at a high rate. See the worth with Terrence Man and how important he is being a glue guy with this Clippers team, and how important it is to have wings and three and D players in today's league with all the three point shooting. Because as much as you say, well, Adam, you just point out that for twenty five games she only shot twenty one percent to start off last season from three. Yes, he turned it around and shot forty four percent after the calendar turned over in twenty twenty four. Here's the thing. I can look back in his entire career, and he has been with the Clippers and was drafted forty eighth in twenty nineteen, so he's been with them through the entire two to three era and he is the longest tenured Clipper. Guys, make that a beat to Zubas. But Terrence Man, he didn't start off Los Angeles laker. That is no fault of Zuboses. I'm just saying he is technically homegrown. It feels like that with the beats of Zubos though sometimes because he's at least been in La his entire career, and God blessed Magic Johnson for handing him over for Mike Muscala. Oh it was a beautiful day. I still couldn't believe it. I'm Washington. The was it called the chaion at the bottom of the screen ESPN, the little stat ticker scrolling by, and I saw the trade go through at the very end of the trade deadline, and I said, there's no way that's that's accurate. There's no way, there's no way there's got a beat to Zubas for Mike Muscala. That couldn't have happened. There's no way. Oh my god, Oh my god, oh my god, it did happen. It did. My point about Terrence Man three point shooting, though he's taken seven hundred and twenty one threes in his career, he is shot for his career thirty seven percent. So for those who are saying, well, you can't trust the volume, I'm trusting almost a thousand shots. He's an above average three point shooter that has had a season where he shot forty two percent from three. That's what I'm looking at. It's just it's difficult with these team Man haters like this guy. I was initially a team Man fan. Now I'm just using him as someone to play off of. Here, I guess I'm having fun with it. Back to the therapist talk here, I'm gonna need one after this. Melvin Powell admits to being a Doctor Schap like disciple for Chris Dunn. Here's why. Facts I'm a huge fan. Bro reminds me of old school defensive point guards of the eighties and nineties. I could see that I could see him as a Greg Anthony type, a bulldog type, a great point of attack defender. That's who Chris Dunn is. He's better in that respect than even Terrence Man is. And Terrence Man is very good. But the way Chris Dunn navigates screens elite. Derek Jones Junior also elite in that category. So now you have when you look at guys that can guard and shoot the three ball that are role players and contributors. Terrence Man is locked Terrence Man is locked up, Derek Jones Junior is locked up. Chris Dun's on the team now, Nicholas Patoom is back on the team. There's four guys. I'll make it five a mere coffee. There's five guys that and I know Derek Jones Jr. He needs to get his three ball shooting up and hopefully what happened in the playoffs translates to the regular season now, because he only shot thirty four percent in the regular season for the Dallas Mavericks before shooting thirty seven percent during the playoffs for them from three. I need to be I need Derek Jones Junior to be closer to forty percent from three than thirty percent from three this season. But that's five guys that can guard multiple positions, that will hound you defensively hound you and also provides some offense. And Derek Jones Jr. Is more than just obviously if he can hit threes because of his bounce and athleticism and the way he can get up. And the Clippers haven't had a guy like this since man. I don't know that can get up like this, obviously Blake, but just a dunker like this since Tres. It's not like Kawhi and Paul George didn't have crazy dunks, didn't have posters. And Kawhi is a leagued left legged leaper in the league. Kawhi jumps off his left leg. His surgeries have happened on his right leg, so he could still get up. That's not an issue. But someone who is a rim runner and a lobcatcher to this degree, Man, it's gonna be fun to watch with Derek Joe Junior. Oh, look at the hater. I wish I knew how to pronounce his name. I was saying, Mayo, meo.
Speaker 2: A mean.
Speaker 1: Kawhi playing fifty to fifty five games max today, I would probably sign up for fifty five games. I would I probably would stephen A was right, Kawhi needs to retire. He's stealing money, Louise, Louise. The season hasn't even hasn't even started yet, and I am hopeful that what the Clippers are doing right now, with what came out on Tuesday regarding his knee and the swelling being almost gone, I am hopeful that them saying he's not going to participate in drills, he's gonna be strengthening the knee during training camp is just them being overly cautious, airing on the side of caution, proceeding with an abundance of caution because of what has happened and occurred the last four years. And it's not that he couldn't do it, it's why risk it in training camp? My god? Do you think a player at thirty three of Kawhi's skill level really needs to participate in training camp like he's going to learn something? I just oh, we got a Dumer. Look at the Dumer Luis Sneeze Sneeze. Kawhi out for the season. Just how about stay out of my chat the rest of the season, My guy. There's a lot of people hating right now, and I don't like it. Amen says, speaking of dunks, I remember that dunk Terrence had on ad Oh, he got Anthony Davis this past season. Terrence Man good in the dunker spot. What I'm hoping is this flew under the radar a little bit this last season, and it's only on twenty two attempts, so I don't know what to make of it. I'm just hoping he's turning twenty eight, he's entering his prime. Terrence Man gets paid today on fadeaway's. Last year, it was just twenty two of them on fataways. He shot fifty five percent that little turnaround fade away. He has shown in the mid range. There's been an improvement there. It's not a big enough sample side to put a ton into, but it looked really good last season. So twenty two attempts last season on those fadaways fifty five percent. If he could shoot anywhere close to forty seven percent on fadaways like that there, that's another way he can attack and help offensively, because yes, he does need to score more because there isn't a Paul George on this team, but you just want Terrence Man to grow and not necessarily even have to expand his game so much. Just what you do, do it a little bit better. That's progress, that's development. That's what you want to see from your players. Just continue to strengthen strengths. And he's really good at a lot that helps you win ball games. Now some people can't see that because they're haters and trolls and they just you know, they don't have a high basketball IQ. I don't know how to tell you, no, Kawhi slander is acceptable. I don't give an f says jm I thirteen twenty four. Here's that Mexican. He says this about Kawhi. Worst case scenario, Kawhi is out for the first few games. What's your starting lineup? Ooh, I like this question. I like this. I'm interested in this my starting lineup. We'll first, I'll give you my starting lineup with Kawhi. I want it to be this. I'm hoping for this and after today, it only strengthens my resolve or my confidence in this happening. James Harden, Terrence Man, Derek Jones, Junior Kawhi, Leonard to beatz Zubats. That's the deal starting lineup to me. Now, could I see Norman Powell because he offers much more scoring as the two guard. Yeah, but then what happens to your defense? Probably getting shredded at the point of attack. Unless Norman Powell reverts back to how he played defense with Toronto when they won a championship, he was a much better defender than I don't know what bad habits he picked up at his stop in Portland, playing next to Dame and CJ. McCollum, but it feels like that has turned him into an average to minus defender, a blow average to minus defender. That's who he's kind of been. So this question I will answer. I'm going to get to it. Who's your starting five? If no Kawhi, it's probably Niko Batoum playing the four, unless you slide guys up like this, Derek Jones Junior plays the four, Terrence Man plays the three. Norman Powell then plays the two for more scoring. If Kawhi is not there in the starting lineup next to James Harden, smaller team rebounding it's gonna have to be a priority as it is already. But if you don't have Kawhi at the four and you're sliding up Derek Jones Junior there, they're gonna have to get by collectively with their defense and rebounding, but it's an option to get a little bit more scoring juice in there. I think that's my guess. Now, let's say Kevin Porter Junior goes nuts in the preseason in training camp, he looks great, and that really changes the equation then in a way that I didn't see coming based upon what coach Lou said just the other day saying, if they're gonna have basically on paraphrasing success this season, he's gonna have to be a big part of it. Kpj hmm. If he's not suspended by the NBA and we don't know what's gonna happen because of his off the court transgressions, and he plays well in preseason and he looks good in training camp, and by the way, if he was suspended early enough, he wouldn't be available in the preseason, even Lot Murray pointed that out the other day here on Clippers Talk Live. Then maybe I don't know, Kevin Porter Junior could start or get an opportunity to if Kawhi's out, if other guys are out, I could see it happening. Evil Bot says this no matter what happens, the Clippers will get the succeed this season. Lets effing go, clips from your lips to the back God's ears. If they could get the sixth seed and stay out of the plan, all right, we're in business. If they can do that while keeping Kawhi healthy for that first round series, they're in business. Nobody would want to see that team. Whoever finishes third in the West would not want to see a healthy Clipper team in the first round. Jay says, Terrence Man is going to be my next jersey. That's that? What color you going with? You're gonna wait for the red? You get a blue, a white, a lighter shit of blue with their city edition jerseys with the clips on the front. What are you going with? Oh? Has Saul turned into a Paul chemist? Mio says, does Bone see minutes with the second unit? Or does Doune take those minutes? He says, he's done with the negativity. He's gonna ask some real ess now, h Does Bones see minutes with the second unit? Or does Done take those minutes? Done takes those minutes, dude, Done takes those minutes, My guy, he's taking them. They didn't bring in Done and didn't bench Bones so many times last season for Bones to all of a sudden get the starting role. See this is why I kind of think unfortunately because of this question. It leads me to believe that Chemist Meal just doesn't know ball Chemist. How on earth would Bones get an opportunity before Chris done? When you look at the difference in defense between them and the other guys that are gonna be playing next to in the second unit. You can't play Bones next to KPJ and Norman Powell. Where's the defense? Chris Dunn? Is that guy? Do you watch ball Man? And all that hate and earlier makes a lot more sense now now you are kind of out out to lunch, William Blast says Adam, I need your hats, the exact one. I don't want to give it away like that. I want Come on, man, I like this hat. Check out the Flagship store. You can get it there. Oh thank goodness, he's leaving the chat, William Blast, I had a blast out of here. He's not leaving with my hat. He ain't taking this what happens to Bones? Good question, good follow up? Not a casual here like miost Gicon wants to know what's going to happen. And let me say this, I've had questions this offseason regarding PG Tucker and Bones the entire time and whether or not they would be at training camp if they are speak the Clippers could not find a partner to trade with because obviously they were on the outs. Now I know PJ. Tucker started the last game in the playoffs. That still perplexes me, and kind of, I don't know, bullied his way to getting minutes somehow. Last season he got three different opportunities after coach Lou was like, yeah, he's seventy five, you know he's he's gotten paid. Uh, he was joking about his age, but it sure seemed like they gave him a real shot. He didn't look good the minutes. Next two of eats, the Zobots was a different type of death lineup, a self inflicted death. He uh, really bad, disorganized lineup that got killed minutes wise and made no sense, but they tried it just to give PJ Tucker minutes. Then he complained. Then he got sent home along with Bones before the All Star break because they weren't traded and they were just gruntled and upset, and the Clipper sent him home rightfully, So they're not gonna be team players. Sorry, we couldn't try and find trade partners for you. Sorry. PJ. Tucker, who complained to various media outlets about saying that he never wanted to come to be a Clipper. He didn't sign up for this, I'm paraphrasing. So the guy they had to take on your contract, you think they wanted to. I like PJ. Tucker. I have defended him at times. I have said he can work in certain situations. A couple of minutes here against Nikola jokicch a couple of minutes here against Zion Williamson, and we saw it a little bit. But my god, he's thirty nine now. He opted in to his player option for eleven million dollars, so he could have been a free agent if he wanted to, He could have gone anywhere. I just don't want to hear the complaining this season about minutes or anything like that. If he's still on the roster because he's getting his money, good for him. If he can find a role, if he can beat out somebody in training camp, good for him. That'd be great. But I don't want to see any bad vibes at training camp. I don't want to see guys who are already frustrated with their position. So if they're both there, that likely means the Clippers weren't able to get a deal done. There will be a competition. There will be an open competition. Hey, if they shine, I think coach lou Is gonna find a spot for him. I just think it's very unlikely for PJ because of his age, because of how he looked last season, for Bones, because of his attitude at times, and because now they brought in Chris Dunn. Now they have KPJ. Russ may be gone, but there's two other guys he has to fight for playing time with, and he is an offensive liability. He can work with certain lineups. And you know, I love Bones Highland. I am the holder of the skeleton key. But I just don't see a path to him playing on this team.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be difficult. I hope I'm wrong, man, I really hope I'm wrong, because I would love for Bones Highland, who I think can thrive as a backup point guard in this league. I really do. I think he is good enough because of his three point threat, because of the pass where he is and last season he was able to get to the basket much better. He improved himself in that area and in training camp last season. And whai who was the guy that everybody praised is making the biggest leap? It was Bones Highland. He impressed everyone and he had that job for a second, but then they brought in James Harden that moving back Russell Westbrook coming off the bench. You know my feelings about Russ. I love him, but I think the Clippers probably are better served last season if they had Bones as the backup point guard and he had that time to show what he could do. I think that would have been huge for them. But I understand it. Russell z Vett now he's with the Denver Nuggets. Lonzo Lopez says, can Lawrence Frank turn Bones and PJ Tucker into something good for the Clips? Like someone from the Blazers maybe, like who who are you talking about? Who's that guy? Are you talking about? A certain backup center on the Portland Trail Blazers. I could see that if that's where you're leaning, I could see them swapping guys. And granted Robert Williams has been injury prone, but if they could get him for PJ Tucker. I do it in a heartbeat. I don't know exactly why Portland would. You're saying they throw in bones too, and that's what entices them. Maybe, But was scoot there, I don't know. I don't know if that would be of interest to the Portland trail Blazers. William Blast says he should have been cut when he caused that distraction in February. Well, he still gotta eat the contract and he did start. He must win game six. I don't know how. Evil Bod says, I like PJ, but not at his price. Evobod is using a picture of me. He's looking to get banned. I've definitely not gotta go to him anymore. William Blast said, just eat the contracts what I just said. He already mentioned that, Yeah, cut him. You could just send him home. You could, but it'd be nice to get something. I don't know, And it would be nice if at thirty nine years of age, PJ. Tucker realized where he was in his career and was just a good vet and a good soldier and was helping young guys. Because I think he did some of that last season. But also he might have been a bad influence on Bones Highland because they were both sent home for insubordination around the All Star break. PJ. Tucker in his prime I would love on this team. He was one of my favorite players. I love guys like that. He played like I used to and inter murals, hard nosed defense, could guard multiple positions. Yeah, in a few minutes here and there there, against the right matchup, he can still do some of it. But really, is he gonna be playing over I'd rather see Kay Jones getting opportunity because he's young and we don't know his ceiling Mobamba's the backup center. I just yeah, it is. It is a tough one. We'll see what happens during training camp. Bro, what does PJ even bring anymore toughness? I don't I don't know. He was turning down three pointers. He couldn't hit any more from the corner. That was his bread and butter. But I did see some toughness against Jokic a little bit. We're talking, you know, a couple of minutes literally just to change of pace guy to guard some of the bigger bodies in the NBA. He's got shoes. JJ the boy points that out lots of them. This has come from Jay and Southgate, so you know, I'm a fan. Took my son and we couldn't get in because the facial identification wasn't working. My son was so mad at me. Week before the Usher concert drama got into it. You couldn't get into the flagship store because of that. Because I worked for me, it worked perfectly. Remember my name. I was able to walk out with some gear charge me right then. It was easy, uh, Aman says regarding to PJ Tucker, He's not respected out there offensively. No, so you're playing four and five on OFFENSI with PJ Tucker, and he was one of the main reasons they blew a twenty one point lead to the Lakers. That was true. Y'all better off with Marcus Morris over PJ, says Russ the builder who has a picture of Russell Westbrook in a Thunder uniform putting up a brick. No, not a basketball, he is shooting a brick. Uh who else do we got here? Adam? Should the Clippers consider trading Norman Powell? I say no until they know about KPg and what he's capable of. I'm a big Norman Palell fan. He's a bucket. He has had a forty point game in a playoff game for the Clips in Game three against Phoenix and gave them a chance to win without Paul George and Kawhi Leonard. Problem is he doesn't offer a lot more outside of his scoring. Now. I don't want to make the mistake of giving him the Chris Carter treatment. He only scores touchdowns. That's all you can do. All you can do is score and act like that's a bad thing or act like that's not Probably the most important skill set you can have, it is. But he's not a great passer. His defense hasn't been great, even though I think his potential is much higher. And there's just not a lot else there. If he's not being a bucket out there, if he doesn't have a shooting stroke now he shot forty four percent from three last season, guys he helped form the Powell Rangers the Clippers' best lineup. He forged it. But if he's the sixth man again, and it looks like Kevin Porter's junior is available and not suspended and is also showing off scoring potential, like when he was getting nineteen per game for the Houston Rockets, and also as being a playmaker out there, and he has really high potential because he has a six to nine wingspan to guard guys on the perimeter. In fact, I posted a video the other day I follow out of May if you want to check it out on x on Twitter of some of his defensive plays from the twenty one to twenty two season with the Houston Rockets where he's picking pockets left and right. And I'm not saying, you know, those are highlights, they're not showing the low lines. But he does have a high defensive potential. I guess on the perimeter he does. I want to see it as a clipper like when he's focused there. I was listening to Dime Dropper earlier today. He had a guy on from Lockdown Houston Rockets talking about his potential on the defensive end and if you can get him motivated on defense, he can lock guys up. He pointed out a game where he was very good against Lebron James defensively Kevin Porter Junior. So his ceiling is higher than norms, I believe, But there's so much to be determined in training camp, and I don't think at this point you can really consider getting rid of Norman Powell when you're talking about needing to fill twenty four points that you're missing per game with Paul George gone, Norm Powle's a big part of that. Guys, I'm moving on from the PJ Tucker Norm Powell conversation, and I'm sorry to lose my voice because I've been screaming too much. Evil Bot says, why am I showing this guy used a picture of me? That's something I would have done back in the day. Trolling wise, I think for the front office wants to see if KPg and Kai Jones experiment works to trade Bones and PJ. If not, there is safe blanket. I don't think it has anything to do with that, be honest. I think if they could get rid of Bones and PJ, Lawrence Frank has talked about it. They've looked for deals. There's one that makes sense, they'd be gone by now, just hasn't happened. He brings an awesome shoe collection, Yes he does. PJ. Tucker definitely has that going for him. If you're a sneakerhead like Brian Seaman, you appreciate the shoe collection. William Blast will point out he's been done for two seasons. He's just physical. Well, okay, he has shown now for the Clippers, who probably doesn't make a lot of sense because if he's the Zubats might be the best defender against this particular player. But PJ. Tucker against Nikola Jokich for the seventy six Ers his last season, he has some really good possessions against Jokich, like there is something there. But he's so bad on the offensive end. If he's not gonna take threes anymore, he doesn't have confidence in his shot. He hurts you so much there. It's just it doesn't make sense. Yeah, it was game three. Norman Powell had forty two against Phoenix in twenty twenty three. William Blast says, you need as many scores as you can get keep Norm coming off the bench for the remainder of his prime. Norm's under contract for two more years. There's no team option, no player option. But I'm just paying attention to see if Kevin Porter Junior ascends and rises up here and doesn't get suspended. There is a lot of IF's going on, but I think he could at some point be a six man type for the Clippers. He has a two year contract. They believe in him. Coach lou spoke very highly of his talent, mentioned how you don't make twenty million dollars per year if you aren't talented. That's what he was getting before he blew it with his off the court mistakes and incidences that you know, I'm sure there's gonna be questions the media day about Kevin Porter Junior. It's a controversials, gonna be scrutinized type of decision because of the domestic violence stand it. So, I'm not going to shy away from discussing that stuff. Can't take it that much further than that. But I understand where people are coming from. Some fans, you know, you don't like it. You want everybody, You want to be able to root for everybody on your team, and that makes it difficult. You can be conflicted. Other people just see the basketball player and they just want to know if a guy has a high ability there. I don't, you know, look down upon either side of this type of argument. I think it's just personal decision and how you want to fan. Jaj the Boy says, how many minutes do you think Jordan Miller is going to play in these preseason games. Heavy minutes. Heavy minutes for Jordan Miller, I'll give them. Can I say heavy, I guess I mean relative to what he could get in the regular season. I think there's a good chance he plays around twenty minutes in a few of these preseason games. I believe they have five. I should know that since we're doing all of them on the radio starting October fifth and Honolulu, Hawaii Clippers and Golden State Warriors. I'm excited for that. Myself and Carlo Amenez will be on the radio side for you. I think pre game starts at three Clippers countdown. Jordan Miller, Guys, I want to see when he's gonna bump his head on the ceiling. You keep putting hurdles in front of this guy, Jordan Miller, and he keeps leaping over him. Now, the biggest hurdle is just playing and carving out a role in the NBA. But so far in the G League, where last season he was getting twenty two per game, was the eighth leading scorer in the G League, was dominating. That's too easy for him. Summer League, too easy for him. Should have been the Summer League MVP Let's see what he can do in the NBA. Let's see what he can do at this level, because there are levels to this. I just want him to be challenged because they're gonna bring out the best in him, and it's the only way he's gonna learn. And I don't know what he's capable at the NBA level. Was his hot shooting during Summer League from three an aberration? Was it an outlier? Or can he turn into a Nicholas Batomb type, a versatile defender that has a quick release on catching shoot threes. That's what I'm wondering. Who do you think is getting the last two? Way I'm I'm trying to think who has the first two? Is it Jordan Miller and Trenton Flowers? If somebody wants to hit me up there. As I read this text I got from Charles Mockler regarding Terrence Man, as we've kind of veered out into all these different areas, and I'll answer this question. We'll get to all your questions here. This Friday we got has to do just hanging out. It's good to be with you guys. But this all centered around Terrence Man getting paid. It was broke by the athletic and Shamsharania. He got a three year, forty seven million dollar contract extension with the Clippers. That's about sixteen million, or just under per year. Here's Justin Rousseau on this. He said, Man is slated Russo to occupy ten percent of the Clippers projected salary cap in the twenty five to twenty sixth season, while Zubos clocks in at eleven point seven percent of their salary cap. Adding Derrek Jones Junior's flat ten million dollars salary for that season, which comes in in a meager six point five percent of the cap, and you have three projected starters for the Clippers taking up a grand total of only twenty eight point two percent of the available salary cap. Three projected starters factoring Chris Dunn's five point four million for that season as well, and key rotation players see their cap percentage jumped to thirty one point seven percent, a figure most teams would be willing to live with. Guys, this is a team friendly deal for the casuals out there. Who was that one guy that was talking a little bit earlier, got too much windows jaws? Uh my guy right here for the casuals out there. I think this is somehow an overpay man learn the cap situation. It's not at all. Don't look at so much the number what someone's getting paid. Look at the percentage of the salary cap they are taking up. That's what's important. And Terrence Man is only going to be accounting for ten percent of the Clippers projected salary cap. Not this season, but next season. That's big. I've eats a zoobots at about twelve percent. Ooh, we got to pay in customer? Here is this somebody? Yeah, I got into the super chat gave me ten bucks. I don't deserve that. Thank you, Jolie Rowe Hope I pronounced that right. Please correct me if I was wrong, Adam. I want them to bring back our sixth man who gave great points production that play well with hardener bones, with a pick and roll play, Montres Harrel. You're talking about bringing back Montrez. Montrez is playing for the thirty six ers right now. I believe that is an Australian basketball team, the eight to l eight thirty six ers. I am a big Montrez Harral fan, big Montrez Harral fan, and yes he was one of the many players to wear a Clippers uniform and become a six Many of the Year winner. He won it in the twenty nineteen twenty twenty season, the COVID Year Bubbles Championship, and Montrez wasn't right for that run. He had to leave. He had a death in the family, and he never really got his basketball legs back in the Bubble. It was unfortunate. I don't blame him. You know, Doc Rivers was playing him when he didn't look right and they had a Beatza Zubas, so they probably should have been playing more against a Vista Zubas. There's no problem about it. He should have been Zubas should have been playing against the oak Excuse me. That was the guy who should have gotten more minutes in that series against Denver and then I think the Clippers win it. But Tres was lethal in the pick and roll, and that's what Julie rolled Row is referring to lethal. Those guys mastered it in the twenty eighteen twenty nineteen season before the two to three connection came, and they kept it going off the bench for the Clippers. I just don't know. Because of all the knee injuries, Montrez Harral has had where he's at physically right now. It was actually watching highlights from him from just a few days ago. And we can watch this together with the Adelaide thirty six ers. Montrez Harral, this is where he's at right now. I will share the screen because this is almost nostalgic for me. It's kind of weird. It's not like he has been a Clipper, not been a clipper that recently. We're talking about four or five years ago now. But here is Montrez Harrel with the Adelaide seventy six ers, just from three days ago. I've been keeping an eye on him. And when you pay in the super chat, this is the type of treatment and premium treatment you will get here on Clippers Talk Live highlights from Montrez Harrel. I love Tres. I used to love saying Monsta Trez, his energy, his emotion that he would play with. Look at this guy letting out primal screams as Brian Seman would say, ooh, he got up there much of the floor. Afterwards, I'm guessing somebody's gonna pick him up at some point. And this is his opportunity to prove that he can still play by playing international ball right now. He's a grinder. He was someone who used to play year round during the summer all the time. He and Lou Willett runs like that was a constant for this Clippers. Harrow was a dog on offense. I say that affectionately. I used to call him the Dennis Rodman of offense because of his motor and his energy out there, so infectious, so contagious. Montrez came into the game, gave him a jolt immediately. So depending on where he's at health wise, of course, I'd love to see Montrez Harrol return. The problem is he's just about a year away from tearing his acl and meniscus. Usually that's a two year thing to get back to where you were. He's still relatively young enough. I want to say he's about thirty thirty one. Yeah, he just turned thirty in January, so you know he's getting closer for being thirty one. But I like the thought. Joey Row. Appreciate the super I appreciate the love here, appreciate everybody that's in here. Right now, here's somebody asking a question about this. Is one of our listeners from Japan honored. Do you think KPJ. Defense over role is overrated. Not sure what you mean, but I'll say this about Kevin Porter Junior and his defense. I don't know why I didn't bring it up earlier. I should have. I tweeted this out the other night because we were talking about him and his defensive potential and how he can project on that end yep in one of our most recent episodes, and I think Will said jokingly, does he have a defensive highlight tape or something like that? And I wasn't sure if he did either, so I went on YouTube, and yes there was one. Here is that tape with Kevin Porter Junior playing some pretty darn good defense. Quans were a good defensive team. That doesn't mean an individual defender couldn't have been good though. As he gets the block there, last line of defense defense from k p J. He's a very good athlete. Harry gets the steel. That's good. And this is the pick pick pocket with the little two headed rim rocker there at the end that was on steph Curry just picked his pocket lint and all. Now this is him getting back in transition and taking it away after he had I think he grew up an air ball some three there here's Steven Adams. So he comes in on the double team and creates a little bit of havoc and creates a turnover there. Here he is on the perimeter once again, just taking candy from a baby. So I don't think look and we end the highlights here with the block against the Lakers. I don't think you know, you can say there's definitely not something to what he can do defensively because he's only listened to six to four. But guys, he has a six to nine wingspan, and that's what intrigues me. That's what leads to him having the length to be a wing and play great defense on the perimeter if he wants to a lot of it. I think Pat Bevis said this before, defense is ninety effort and want to and drive. Does he have it? Does he have something to prove? Coach Lou said he's gonna coach KPJ hard JJ the Boys says, I'm very interested on the defensive upside lineup of Harden, Dunn, Jones, Leonard and Zuba. Yeah, and you could swap in Man for Done. They're still fine. Guys. I've been saying all off season. They have to be a top eight defense at worst last season. They finished seventeenth defensively this season with the personnel they have, with the guys they brought in top eight at worst. If you want a chance of staying out of the play and that is and I think they want that chance. Mark Jack says DJJ will be the starting four. He used to play the five in some lineups when he played with the Bulls. I think when Kawhi is available, he'll be at the four. He'll be guarding fours. Fours will be guarding him more than Derreck Jones Junior, just because he's so slight a frame. Yeah, those Bulls teams were very good. But he can play some four, There's no doubt about it. Look, I think he could slide up to four on nights where Kawhi not available. If they're not putting the toom in the starting lineup, maybe you just slide up Derrick Jones Junior, slide up Terrence man To to the three spot behind him, with DJJ at the four, and then have Norman Powell at the two next to James Harden for more scoring because you're lacking Kawhi Leonard. That could be an option. Jay says I called Dibbs on any giveaways, Adam, I know you there's early enough to ask for one and stay late enough to get any left behind. Lol. I'm ready for the Clippers basketball. Same underdog, new dog house. Any dogs with the house. Yeah, I don't know if I'm giving anything away. Oh, the hater raid apparently is running thin. Someone's saying there Jordan Miller fan hopefully he develops. Todd Tait says, watch the role players play in the Ricohines B ball at UCLA. They look decent. Tell me more about this, Todd, Who did you see? Who were the guys there? I think kpj was there. I know James Harden has been there. I think Kyle Jones has been there. JJ to the Boys says, to be honest, I'm mostly interested in these upcoming preseason games in Jordan Miller's performance. Me too. I'm telling you they won't be able to stop him from getting minutes. If he plays well in training, camping in the preseason, they will have to give him an opportunity. He's knocking on the door. That ain't my door, Dash, that's Jordan Miller. He wants an opportunity. He's starving for one, and it looks like by all accounts, he could be earning one soon. Big r R sixty four says Miller did a good job in Summer League. He should have been the damn MVP of Summer League easily. He beat who was it? It was Wilson from the Brooklyn Nets who was granted a higher draft pick, Jalen Wilson, but the Clippers beat them head to head Jordan Miller outperformed him in that game. The Clippers went to the final four last four playoff system they have in Summer League. His team went farther, so we had more individual success with stats, with head to head record against Jalen Wilson, and with team success going further. And somehow he didn't get Summer League MVP. They gave it to Jalen Wilson. What because he was a Jayhawk? Was this Kansas bias? Brian Seman, No, you're not the Harvard of the Midwest. Clipcher Diace is probably Kai. Not sure what that's referring to, my guy Jay. We traded Miller to the Spurs. No, Brandon Boston is with the Spurs. Slow your damn role. You're about to get Clipper Nation in a panic here they didn't trade Brandon Miller. Chill Lord, spare me from the casuals. Clipser Di said his Flowers and Miller are the two ways. That's what I said. That's what I said, trendon Flowers and Jordan Miller. I don't know. Is it going to be Kai Jones? Is that who uh clips or Die was referring to. Yeah, Kai Jones has basically a camp invite, non guaranteed contract. He has everything to prove. And I know there's a lot of Kai Jones lovers out there, and I am intrigued by him and I'm rooting for the young man. He went through some mental health issues and I'm hoping that part of his life. You know, he's more well grounded now and he's doing well because there is a ton of potential there. But I just want to say this, He's only averaged at two and two so far in the NBA. I mean, when the Clippers picked him up at the end of last season, there were seriously people out there saying kai Jones was going to get playoff minutes, this was the missing piece, Like y'all are crazy. I'm sorry, but he's average at two and two. He hasn't proven anything outside of a dunk against Victor Wemba Yama in the NBA. Potential is there. I want to see him fulfill it. I would love to see him compete for the backup five with Mobama. I think that'd be great. We'll see what happens. William Blast points this out. I thought he was leaving. Does Tyler let young guys play if they earn it. I don't think he's afraid to play young guys if they're not gonna look like young guys out there, if they're not gonna be liabilities out there. They gave Kobe Brown a ten game sample size last season. He wasn't good enough. Now he got better and progressed, and I felt like was better his last game during that stint than his first game, where the game sped up for him. You could see. I remember he had a close out on Klay Thompson on a three pointer. He was fouling a lot. That's been an issue for Kobe Brown. That's something to monitor. But they gave him a shot on a team that had four Hall of Famers, So there's gonna be more of an opportunity this season to play some of the young guys. Big R sixty four. I never disagreed with you, but check out my receipts at follow Adam A evil Bot. Speaking of Adam A, I really think that besides Miller, Christy will be a menace in due time evil Bot Adam in due time, Cam Christy guys kill a Cam Cam, I am Christy. I'm so hyped for him. I don't know if this is going to be the season though he breaks into the NBA or plays anything close to significant minutes just because there's a surplus of guys in front of him. It's really hard to do. And he's nineteen, he only had one year of college. But he has a real NBA skill already. I've identified it. I believe in it. His three points shooting is real and spectacular, and I think it's already there. It is impressive as hell. I've compared it to somewhere in between. His shooting stroke is somewhere in between these two players, Michael Porters Junior and Devin Booker. Doesn't mean he's going to be as good as either of these two guys, high likelihood he won't be, but his shooting stroke, his form on his shot, his elevation is insane. He can get that up over anybody today. But I don't know about all the other little things you gotta do as a young player. That's the problem. Jay Bo's asks when would Terrence be trayed eligible? Some are reporting he already is. But you guys need a chill on that stuff. You're upsetting me. This is about praising and celebrating Terrence Man. He got paid. The age of Man is upon us. I've said it once, I'll say it again. Clips or Die says the capit will only continue to go up. Thank you, Johnny. No, I mean that. It's a good point. It's an obvious one, but it is a good point. Mark Jack says, Adam so humble. He must be mocking me or he doesn't know me. Todd Tait jbos eighty four. He is eligible for trade now, that's why I just said. That's according to people from ESPN. I mean, Ashan says Adam. Stats predictions for each Clipper starter and the percentage from the field, effective field goal percentage, free throw percentage, and three point percentage. I ain't got enough time for that. I want quicker questions here. We'll do that individually with more player profile like shows Andy eighty one two ninety three says saw a tweet that said Terrence contract can immediately be traded, but why can he be but Zoo can't be for the rest of the season. For that, I will try to find something from maybe my guy Lucas Hand don't call him Han. He's been really good with salary cap stuff like this and why one guy could be eligible another guy couldn't be. But unfortunately he's not helping me at this time. I don't know. I don't know the intricacies and the idiosyncrasies all the time when it comes to an evolving salary cap structure and CBA. I don't know why man on an extension would be trade eligible. But if he's the Zubats is not for this season. He's got the Lori marketing thing where he's just he's out of the equation. Can't trade for him. This is interesting. Here's a quote from Terrence Man, according to Mark Spears, about getting the three year, forty seven million dollar extension. Forty seven million dollar extension to Terrence Man happens today. Terrence Man says, quote, super excited to re sign with the t who has been with me from the beginning. It's been a great five seasons with this organization, and I'm excited to see where it goes from here. Awesome. God, I love Team Man. How can you not love Team Man? You probably do. There's only one guy in here. There's a couple of haters. There's one guy who I may have kept a receipt on said take the l today, who's always talking about a mere coffee who I love to But it's a Terrence Man who's gonna get that starting spot before a mere Coffee would, who really struggled unfortunately in that series against Dallas. Amr is almost the forgotten man right now with this Clippers team, by the way, really really is. We haven't talked about him nearly enough. Maybe a mirror could be the odd man out and be moved. I don't know. I hope not. Uh. I don't want to deal with that. Rafa meant to a Tres Collin, Luca Punkass white boy was out of line. Yeah maybe you felt like that. He apologized, they squashed it. I get it. That happened in the bubble in twenty twenty. It was like five years ago, four years ago. Man big R sixty four says, I miss watching Lou Williams and Mantrez Harold pick and pool, pick and roll, Yeah, we all do. I want them to retire sweet Lou Williams's number at some point. And I don't know why he spelled Harold Harold. Maybe because he could dunk like Harold Minor. He's getting those guys confused. Our friend from Japan says Treads hates too many, but Doc is responsible for that. I don't know what that means. Uh. I moved by a lot of comments here from a mean into thoughts on Trent and Flowers. I don't know much about him. He was playing in Australia, I think with thirty six ers, and he has a broken wrist which is going to keep him out of training camp. We just heard that from coach Lou or his recovery from the injury. And there are other guys with minor injuries we'll find out about probably on Monday or Tuesday or sometime next week. Someone's just giving me five dollars. Oh that's jam I thirteen twenty four in the super chat. My guy, thank you, blessings. Appreciate everybody in here, regardless if you donate to the costs or not, And I don't know if this is the Human Fund or the people Fund, whatever. George Costanza said, Evil Bob Adams says, who you rather have Kawhi at the three or the four? This is something I asked Don McLain, Clipper's analyst on ballet sports, when he came on, if there's a difference in physicality or workload or taxation on the body and that right knee, and how taxing it is if you're playing the three verses of the four in today's NBA, which is pretty much positionless, and it really just means more positionless than it's ever been. I don't want Lot Murray to come after me unless he wants to come into the chat, because I didn't invite him here. That's what it means. But my thinking is if he's playing the four, he's guarding more fours, and he's closer to the basket, and there's probably less movement and running around in less explosive movements with him having to chase guys around the perimeter. Now you could say, well, he still ended up with a knee injury by the end of last season. He did swelling after sixty eight games, but those sixty eight games, most he had played since twenty seventeen with San Antonio. So maybe there is something to him playing the four and not having to cover as much ground because they have these sport Bu cameras in every arena now and they track and they also have you know, digital technology and new jerseys that track everything, so the Clippers know exactly how many more miles or how many more feet you have to cover ground you have to cover per game playing the three versus playing the four for Kawhi Leonard, so I think they're you know, exhausting every avenue to make the best decision possible. So there's less wear and tear on the right knee. Guys, it's not lost on them, trust me. Mark Jaggs says, I didn't know Tres was that young. Yeah, he's still just thirty. He can recover from that injury. I want to see it. William Blast, I don't know who he's saying this about, says he has great hands, he's a quality defender, very fast and quick. I think he's talking about Mantrez Harral. Tres isn't a great defender, he said quality. I'd say he's slightly below average. There's the hater KPg needs a solid vet to keep him locked in. Yes he does. There's plenty of those guys on this Clippers team. Mark Jagg says KPGA has so much potential. I'm going rapid fire through these comments. Now we got to catch up a little bit, so I'll try to be quicker of some of the answers. JJ the boys said, if PJ Washington can become a menace on the defensive end for meaningful basketball games, why not KPJ. Why not? He expanded on that or Mark Jag expanded on that point, saying KPJ is explosive to we know big R sixty four, Adam, they're going to be top three in defense. Don't worry about it, doubtful. I'm sorry to burst your bubble. They could be. It's not out of the realm of possibility. Here's the reason I say they won't be top three. We don't know if Kawhi is playing Game one yet. What I would venture to guess is that he's playing none of the sixteen back to back, so therefore he's missing your Game one. On that a first half or second half of back to back. There's sixteen of them that means he's missing sixteen games at that puts him at sixty six games. I don't think Kawhai is going to be necessarily available enough for their defense to be that good consistently to be a top three defense in the league. That's my logic. Top eight will take. Amen said we lost a twenty two point per game score. That doesn't grow on trees and it's not easy to acquire accurate that. Mexican said, what's the preseason lineup? It's gonna fluctuate. That's not exactly something that's in the game notes already. Jam thirteen twenty four, who was in the super chat give me five bucks? Oh, he's guessing of guys who could play interesting a chat within the chat. There's a question for me, I mean, says Adam. Last season, which wins were you most proud of and which losses haunted you the most? For me, it's not lost with the Timberwolves won eighteen to one hundred. That lost of the Bucks won thirteen to one oh six, and that lost the lay The twenty one point fourth quarter blown lead to the Lakers, by far is one of the worst losses in the two to three era, maybe the worst regular season loss. They're the team that would always come back on you. Then that happened to them. That was disheartening. That was hard to see. To have a team come back on you in nine minutes when you're up twenty one points is insane. I hated that. That was really frustrating. It felt like a turning point in the series between the Clippers and Lakers, and the regular season series they've had that has been dominated by the Clippers the last ten years. In fact, they ended up winning the all time Hallway Series in the regular season by a couple of games. They beat the Lakers more times at Staples Center and Crypto than the Lakers beat them. Leave it or not, I'm gonna grab a gator right here. I'll be back in two seconds. My voice is failing me. Hey you guys still here? All right? Cool? Who's this? I'm they talking?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: I give you, s Adam. But I really do appreciate you doing these pods. As a Clippers fan, We've never had this type of coverage attention. Thanks for taking the time. Real talk my guy, ghost fist Bump Virtual fist Bump. I have committed and I said this yesterday on the podcast on a Clipperstop Live with Carlo Jimenez, your radio voice of the Clippers. I've committed to this. When the regular season starts, there will not be a day where I don't have some new content here on this channel, on YouTube at Clippers Talk. There will not be a day. If there's a day I don't have something new up for you, it's because of two things. I'm dead or I got fired. It's only one of those two things. Even if I do lose my voice like I do routinely during the season, and this might be good for me to get some preseason reps in with my voice, because it is starting to fail me. Only an hour and a half in here, as I've been talking a lot, but I got your content right here. As bTB would say, I want to have so much for you guys this season. I promise you. I'm committed. I love Clipper Nation, even the haters, even the guys giving me s, even the guys using me as their avatar in this live Currently that Mexican says that's his name. I assuming KPJ goes off, which you trade norn Bones and Tucker the deadline for who I mean the name they've traded him for and then I'll tell you a lot of stuff's gonna be it on the table. What's the record that near the deadline? You got to add a few more things in there. Give me a little bit more context of this hypothetical. Christy can also play defense, Joey Rowe, who is a super chatter Joe Lee. I picked up on that too in Summer League. That was one of the most heartening things because the knock on Cam Christie was that he's too slight a frame. He doesn't have an NBA body yet, he's not physical enough. Guys are gonna punk him. And I saw him give great effort defensively. I put up multiple highlights at follow out of May on Twitter during Summer League of him locking guys up, getting steals. I couldn't believe the defense Cam Christie played, but it's still just summer defense. Those aren't NBA players. He was guarding for the most part, still encouraging though the effort was there. Adam thanks this long stream. Although he looks tired, I get that a lot. Not tired, trying to stay awake. I got my diet mountain dew like I'm skip Bayless. You guys give me energy. Yeah, that's just how Adam looks due to Zee, Like fifty calories a day JJ the boys out lying I met about. I don't know five hundred calories in so far today? Will I have dinner? Who knows? I Just what UH sustains me is Clippers basketball. That's what I run off of that Mexican nars As. Does Kawhi guard the second or third best player in the starting lineup? He's gonna be guarding the third best player if any combination of team man Derek Jones Jr. And Chris Dunner out there, any two of those three are in the starting lineup with him, who'll guard the third best guy until there's big moments like we saw last season where he guards Steph late in the ball game, or Jamal Murray in wreck that pick and roll like he and Zubats did with Murray and Jokic and clamp Steph Curry like he did late in the ball game. Save him and his spectacular all world defense that he still has in him for big moments. That's something Lawrence Frank made a point of at the Press are on Tuesday, saying, you know, this is something where you're trying to build a team that can insulate Kawhi a little bit more, save him from himself, save his legs a little bit more because he doesn't have to run around and guard the other team's best player, second best player. He can guard their third best player now because they have so many good defenders with the way this Clippers team is constructed, Sky says Adam. Who you think is Garden book and Durant on opening Night? I think Derek Jones Jr. On KD. I think Terrence Man will be on Devin Booker's start because I think that both those guys will be in the starting lineup for the Clippers. That's a perfect example. So Kawhi doesn't have to start guarding either of them now. Of the moments, yeah he will, but for the most part, let those guys sick. Those guys on the other team's best players because less is asked of them on the offensive end, so they have fresher legs. They're also younger, Derek Jones Junior and Terrence Man. They're not having to do so much on offense like Kawhi is, so let them expend more energy on defense. JM. Thirteen twenty four says those were the guys who are at the Rico Hines run. Oh he was pointing that out earlier. Let me see if I can find that PG was there this past season. A dem Bona out of UCLA, gotcha, Kobe Brown was there? Got you? Yeah? That Lakers loss, You know, it haunts me a little bit, not too much, but other people don't want to remember that either too much. PTSD cannot let Lakers fans win. Frank you boy nine man. Adam, you know some Clippers channels talk bad about Kawhi or our front office. You're the only channel that is always positive with our team. Thanks Adam. I wouldn't say always positive, Like I have things I've criticized plenty. I've had frustrations here in this episode. I've criticized PJ. Tucker starting a must win game plenty of times. I don't know if anyone should be criticizing like Kawhi he doesn't want to be injured. I always say this, but what is he supposed to do? Scream at his knee? Don't be injured knee? What do you want the guy to do? He's injury prone. It sucks if you're mad about the contract. Was he not supposed to take it when they offer it. How can you blame Kawhi for this? He gave his ACL trying to win the Clippers a championship in twenty twenty one. They likely do if he doesn't tear his ACL in a Clipper's uniform. I feel terrible for the guy. It sucks. Yeah, I know you say, well, he's still getting paid. How bad can you feel? Guys, he loves playing. That's what he loves to do. He obviously doesn't have many other hobbies outside of recording skateboarders and stuff like. He is a basketball junkie. Kawhi, he loves it. It's his passion. He wants to play. He wants to win a championship for the Clippers. He doesn't want to be remembered as an injury prone player, which is unfortunately, that's what he's being defined by right now. His injuries through no fault of his own from playing hard on both ends. Evil Bought Adam says, like and subscribe if you're a real Clippers fan. Facts, I'm starting to like this guy. I thought it was a troll at first, but I'm kind of getting into it. Jay keeps asking me, have I seen my seat? Yet. No, I have not seen my seat. I have been to into it dome. I have seen the glory, I have seen the Promised Land, but I wasn't getting a tour of the broadcasting section at that time, so it'll be new to me once we're there for a couple of games during preseason. We're also going to be at a game in Oceanside where the Jilligue Clippers are now. They have a preseason game there. I'm sure it's a nice seat, because there isn't a bad seat in the house. It into a dome. You don't have to call Steve Chill. Don't worry, guys, zero calories. JJ the Boy says, I hate Joe Ingles. I don't even I've watched that play many times. I don't think there was anything that dirty Joe Ingles hot take. I don't think there was anything that dirty that Joe Ingles did. Honestly, Yeah, the game was out of hand, you can. I don't want to revisit this. I don't want to go down this road anymore. My god mk x l n T says what up at him and Clippers fans Nice Friday surprise surprise. Terrence Man forty seven million dollar three year extension. Congrats to team Man you love to see it. Haters and shambles, clips or die says people that act like Kawhi doesn't want to play and is scamming the team as a ridiculous take, as if he has control of him getting hurt. Just bad luck, Thank you, facts, preach, go on more. Who's this becance? I mean? Says bro Macant's called Kawhi overrated? L m a O. What you know who's not overrated? Kawhi or this man? Lave Murray on the Athletic oh swinging in like Superman out of no or is it a bird, it's a plane? No, it's it's La Murray here to save my voice because I've been talking for a damn hour and a half on this Terronceman contract. Everybody in the chat show La Murray some love, my friend.
Speaker 3: I figure, I figure, you know what, you must be crazy if you're still talking about.
Speaker 2: This John.
Speaker 1: Well, you know I am so like.
Speaker 2: I picked the wrong day to get a cut, I.
Speaker 1: Picked the wrong day to stop sniff and glue the wrong week. Well, air Flane shout out for you. Lat Murray is with us at La Murray the U is where you finds him low. Did you just drop an article or are you still working on that with a Terrence Man extension.
Speaker 3: I've done my work first, man, I wasn't trying to mess around with that.
Speaker 2: Uh so shout out, shout out to.
Speaker 3: Sean's shout out to the athletic as as always and as usual. But you know, someone got a right the damn thing. So so yeah, I was. I was on that piece. But you know what those like, I've written a Terrence Man extension story before, so you know, Uh.
Speaker 2: It's not like I ain't know what I was doing.
Speaker 1: I've been here before, to me as a copy paste job. It just means law wasn't surprised by this happening.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I probably should have been a copy paste shop like it was damn near the same month three years ago. I remember I was dealing with the worst toothache ever and I was coming from Ontario, California. Horrible trip, horrible game. I was in so much pain I didn't even bother driving. The night after the game, I booked a hotel just so I could sleep, and on my way back to LA from Ontario, that's when Terrence signed his new deal.
Speaker 2: So that was three years ago.
Speaker 3: And you know, a lot of a lot of a lot of people, look, criticism is criticism, you can say, which I won't. A lot of people think that Terrence hasn't grown at all since that deal that he signed three years ago, And that was pretty much what I wrote about. It's like, I ain't the case.
Speaker 2: I ain't even you know, he tears.
Speaker 3: Has had to deal with a lot of role changes and he's I think he's he's handled them well and he's gonna have to handle another one this up coming season because the talent is different, expectations are different. But it's it's great for him that he doesn't have to worry about this contract decision hanging over his head anymore.
Speaker 1: Do you believe? And I want you to expand a little bit on that thought when it comes to people saying his game has not evolved, he hasn't developed further. What I just saw in that series against Luka Nancic where he held him forty percent from the floor about twenty percent from the outside, to me, that is the pinnacle of his defense so far, and in a high pressure moment, that's the best defense he's ever played. To me, like that was huge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you know what I'm won't say though, like Terrence has to do more on that end of the floor.
Speaker 1: I agree, He's got to be more consistent, not just.
Speaker 3: More consistent, just more more impactful, you know what I mean. Like, I think that the team has addressed something and we saw that earlier this week. Uh, they addressed on them that they felt like was an issue last year, the year before that, the year before that. You know, I don't think they felt good about their point of attach defense since Patrick Beverley was last on the roster. So now you've got three guys who are not named Terrence Man that can hopefully handle more of those responsibilities Derrick Jones Junior, Chris Dunn, Nikola Batoom. That means that Terrence is already He's Terrence is into Paul George Row in terms of you're off the ball more, you're guarding up, you need to you know, he needs to do two things. He needs to rebound more, and I think he is capable of doing that, especially if he's starting at the guard spot. But he's just got to make more splash plays. I don't question terrence effort defensively. It's about effectiveness. It's about impact. He can he's got the length, he's got good hands, he can do he can do those things. But now you know he's in a competition for his starting job like that is a that that's a real thing, and so we got to see how it goes.
Speaker 1: Does this deal I don't know tip the hand of the Clippers at all when it comes to that starting two guard spot. To me, Terrence Man does have the inside track. So so you know, he started seventy one games last season for the Clippers. Does this tell you anything with what happened today regarding if he has I don't know, a little bit more of a margin of error for holding on to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that t Lou gave him a very nice compliment. He outlined.
Speaker 3: What he wants from that starting job next to James Harden. You know, he's very detailed about it in a way that he usually.
Speaker 2: Waits to be detailed about things.
Speaker 3: You know, he said, he wants someone to make shots, someone to attack the basket, someone who's going to consistently guard, and someone who's going to make plays. And so that's that's that's a lot of things. And and one of those things that he didn't say that Lawrence. Frank said was they need rebounding from Terrence specifically, but in general, Tilu's looking for a slasher, a playmaker, a shooter, a defender. And then he said Terrence has been great at all those things. So the incumbent is Terrence Man, the favorite is Terrence, and Terrence just got is deal. So in other words, it's Terrence's job to lose, not any other way around.
Speaker 1: How much of a team friendly deal do you view this as? Because to me, when I see our guy Justin Russo point out that next season, with cap projections, Terrence Man's contract will only take up, you know, ten percent of the salary cap, I thought maybe he'd get eighteen million. Outside chance he got twenty million per season or closer a Zoo got around nineteen million, and it's just below on average sixteen million. Yeah per year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like.
Speaker 3: I feel like, you know, talking to people close to Terrence, they know that they probably could have got more money if he would have went into the open market next year, but they also feel like Terrence isn't really you know, concerned with.
Speaker 2: That that that the.
Speaker 3: Difference between what he's going to make and what he probably that have maxed out on his VALUEES is relatively you know, negligible. You know, Terrence's was entering free agency, and we just saw a very strange free agency period this past.
Speaker 2: Year with the new CBA. We saw guys.
Speaker 3: Who are going to start for teams next year who didn't get paid, who are really good players. You know, I think of a Gary Trent junior. Gary Trent junior was traded for Norman Powell. What team just Norman Powell played for?
Speaker 1: That would be, uh, well, currently the Los Angeles Clippers.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, So two guys who played the same position, the same position at Terrence plays.
Speaker 2: Norman is older than Gary.
Speaker 3: Now, obviously the Blazers gave up more than the Raptors did in the trade to get Norm, and then the Raptors, I mean, and the Blazers wind up paying Norm, the Raptors wind up paying Gary. Right, those contracts, you know, not exactly the same. Norm got a little more, but the Blazers got out of that deal quick. He wound up getting traded to the Clippers once they kind of saw that they weren't looking like a playoff team. The Raptors, you know, deal that Gary just signed, just expired, and Gary could have extended while before that contract inspired but they didn't reach a deal, reach free agency. That dude was stuck without a chair when the music stopped, and he winds up in Milwaukee, and shit, that's a great situation as far as the team, the players that he gets to play with. The role that he'll probably be in is very close to the role that he was up there in Toronto. But he's on a minimum on a one year deal. He's got to try again next summer, right, And so like when you look at those kinds of situations, you go, Okay, I got.
Speaker 2: Something on the table here. Do I want to mess it up next year?
Speaker 3: And again? Next year's Clippers roster is bulletile. I can see a number of Terrence is the best example. He could tell you. You never know what the hell is gonna happen, especially in his role. A guy like him, he could start, he could come up the bench, he could have the ball in his hands a lot. He could have his ball in the hands. Very little injuries could happen. He got hurt last year, right. He won the starting job last year coming out of camp, but right before the season open against the Blazers, he brings his ankle. It's not a garden variety spring. He misses two weeks by the time he comes back healthy. That wasn't the same team that he won the starting job from. Okay, he won the starting job against guys like Nikolotoom and Robert Covington. By tell him he came back, James Harden's on the team and then trying to start Russell Westbrook next to James Harden, which meant Terrence had to play his first score games last season coming off the bench. Anything can happen, right, and so Terrence, I feel like you understand these situations. And I felt like it was more valuable to Terrence to take the money and take the deal now than to mess around for a few extra dollars to leave somewhere, you know, elsewhere.
Speaker 1: We got Lt. Murray from the Athletic joining us here on another Clippers Talk Live for the third time in a couple of weeks, and I am happy to have him.
Speaker 3: Law.
Speaker 1: The door has always been open for him. I mean, he's the Law. He can just kick it in himself if he needed to. But I want you guys right now to open a tab, go to the athletic sign up. It's well worth it. You'll probably get some introductory trial run for seven days if you don't like it, but you will, you can, you know, cancel your membership, but you want this type of coverage all season long?
Speaker 3: From really got me.
Speaker 2: Here telling people cancel shit, Come on at them.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just saying, like, there is no risk. You've got time to give it a try, see if it suits you, and it will. I'm so damn confident that you will stay all season long because things start Monday. Media Day starts. That's like the first day of school. We all get to see our friends long. I'm guessing you'll be in Hawaii with the squad.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'll be.
Speaker 3: I'll be in Hawaii, I'll be in Seattle.
Speaker 2: If I if I, if I.
Speaker 3: Hook up a ride, I'll be everywhere I need to be before week one.
Speaker 2: So that's that's the plan.
Speaker 1: So Law's gonna be there, boots on the ground covering this team in Hawaii, Seattle, ocean side throughout the preseason and throughout the entire regular season and hopefully into the playoffs with this squad. And there's no better read and no better rider in the game. He is well sourced. He and Shams have been breaking news left and right as of late for the Athletic so Law. We've talked about Terrence Man not only having the inside track. I like the way you put it, it's his job to lose. Do you think Derek Jones Junior is the guy playing next to him with the two three in the starting lineup, because most people are just assuming that, but Coach Blue made it very apparent that there is competition for spots and Paul George is no longer here, so there is one other slide open.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's that's why I've been sliding.
Speaker 2: For now. You know.
Speaker 3: I think Kawhi's status makes things challenging on that front, just because I think a lineup with Derek and Terrence James, Kawhi and Zoo, I think that makes sense. I think that if Kawhi is not available, that's where things get a little tricky, because then I feel like you need more juice offensively, and whether that means you slide nor them in that school, but that makes you that that legitimately makes you kind of kind of small because then you're talking. I'm not worried too much about Norm, Terrence and and James playing together. It's it's the fact that, like, especially if Derek's your point of attack, guy, like your your your wings are little, You're a little small there. But I won't be surprised if that's what t WU does.
Speaker 2: I feel like.
Speaker 1: Earlier I said, they'll just slide up Derek Jones Uter to the four, tars Man to the three, put In Nor next to James Harden.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like, I feel like that's one way they could do it. You know, I think offensively it could work. Defensively, I'd have concerns. The flip side to that is a guy like Nicholas Patum him coming in if Kawhi is not there, and then it's like but if you start Terrence, Derek, and and and Nicott, I feel like that's Defensively, I think that's a that's a pretty decent lineup. I'd have very little concerns about guys being able to guard in that kind of setup. I think offensively it would be it would be a mess. That's just too many guys. That's just too much pressure on James. You know, let's Terrence is really about that life handling the basketball, which I think he could be.
Speaker 2: But that's where everyone needs to see it. The most growth from Terrence.
Speaker 3: It's not about his ability to play on the ball. It's being in a higher volume role and he's scaled.
Speaker 2: He has shown he can scale up Like.
Speaker 3: That January February run in twenty twenty three, people were very excited about what Terrence was able to do in that spot. I was only telling people two things. One, Paul's doing most of the playmaking, you know, even though Terrence was the nominal point guard, and two the Clippers defense, and actually the third the Clippers defense was not very good during that stretch, even though they won games and three. The other thing that wasn't very good was their ability to operate in fourth quarters offensively. Like Paul was dragging. Reggie was the more effective player in a lot of those fourth quarters compared to Terrence, just because you know, all game long ball handling the basketball, if you're not if you're still in a close game, you could see it.
Speaker 2: Impact those guys.
Speaker 3: But the point is, if Terrence is an all where he doesn't have to be the point guard, but he gets to handle the ball more, touch the ball more, that dude is shown that he can produce and that's the team that is going to resemble itself next year. It was the same thing in the twenty one to twenty two season, Like he came off the bench, but the main bench pieces for that team, especially in the second half of the year after the trade deadline, was Terrence, Luke Nard, Robert Covington, Isaiah Hartenstein. Isaiah was the guy that they were playing through as far as a offensive hub, but the guy who was hitting on the ball a lot more was Terrence. So that's the team that you should expect to see, or at least the role from a touch perspective, that you should expect to see from Terrence next year.
Speaker 1: If he is starting as we believe he will be, again, how many minutes per game is he going to be up from where he was this past season, because there are a lot of guys that could be getting opportunities. We talked about KPJ and when coach lew said about him effusive with his praise Tuesday at the press conference. But last season, Terrence, man was it twenty five minutes per ball game? Do you see that going up?
Speaker 3: Yeah, not much, but I do see it. I do see it going up some. It kind of has to. Like, there's just there's a lot of minutes like Russell Westbrooke, Paul George is not on the team. It's just a lot of minutes that I need to be accounted for. And you know there's a lot of guys who have to play those minutes who were on the team last year. Right, you didn't bring in that many high minute guys. You brought in Derek Jones Jr. Derek is not going to play as much as Paul did last year. You brought in Chris Dunn. I don't see Chris Dunn playing a whole lot more than Russell Westbrook played last year. Sot Nikolabatune. I think Nico winds up taken pretty much the bulk of the minutes that guys like Amir Coffee and Daniel Tice played. Mobama is going to play, not very much, but like he's going to play the minutes where you got to stay with a center on the floor and Zoo's not on the floor.
Speaker 2: That opens everything up. And I don't think you can increase James Harden and Kawhi Leonard's minutes. If anything, you should be looking to decrease those guys minutes that means that the three guys who have to get ready to play more are Zoo, who we talked about before. I don't see him getting that anymore, but he's got to play a little more. But also Norman Terrence and Norman Terrence nominally they played the same position, but it's not like those guys can't play together. But Terrence is more versatile than Norman's. So I think Terrence has to be in a position where, yeah, like he's gonna have to play.
Speaker 3: More minister than he did last year easily.
Speaker 1: Is there something too, because it has happened two years in a row, maybe for different reasons. Last year you mentioned the ankle injury he was dealing with, But is there something to these slow starts from three from Terrence Man or is it just fluky shooting variants and there's no reason he can't start the season off hot this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's just gotta I mean, he's been working.
Speaker 3: I do think that the ankle definitely messed that dude up, so hopefully for his sake, he's over it. But I think when it comes to when it comes to Terrence Man like, he just gotta be confident his shot, Like the the three point percentage is one thing, but I mean everyone has seen Terrence shoot good percentages from everywhere the field, from three, the frea throw line. It's the volume. Like Terrence can't shoot for percentage anymore. Like they need shots up like they were dead last. We talked about this dead last and catch and shoot threes attempted last year. I mean, that's one of the biggest criticisms you can have from Terrence to season. Last year, I don't I can't tell you how many times we saw that dude pump fake drive kick just because he thought, you know, he could create a better shot for someone else, and you know what, sometimes he did. It's a nice mindset to have as a pro basketball player to you know, pass up a good shot for a great shot. But this year, the best shot that that team might take will be Taran shooting at the first stand time. So that that's what it is. It's about volume, need more attempts from everywhere. You're a good percentage shooter. You've been a good percentage shooter year over year over year. No one's worried about that anymore. People want to see Terrance shoot the dan ball with confidence.
Speaker 1: Completely agree with you. He's a thirty seven percent career three point shooter on just over seven hundred attempts so far in his career. It's kind of proven, so he needs to take more. He started the first twenty five games last season shooting just twenty one percent from three, but the last fifty games he was at forty four percent and then shot forty five percent in the playoffs. An element to his game that I think is a little bit underrated. I know you're very much aware of it, Law, but speak to this guy in the restricted area. Because last season he was only second to Luka Doncic in in guards when it came to guys who at least took one hundred and fifty tempts in the restricted area, Terrence was at seventy five point seven percent, and the year before he was third in that area, only behind the Aaron Fox and Steph Curry. He is a finisher out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean back to back years and I just wrote about this, back to back years where uh, he's made better than seventy percent in that restricted area. So I mean, and if you watch Terrence play, like you see why that dude comes to the basket with force.
Speaker 2: He dunks the basketball.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He is capable of getting downhill and punishing. Uh.
Speaker 3: He just needs to do more of it, damnit. Like that's really what it comes down to, what you really want him to. If there is an area that he needs to improve when it comes to finishing, it's on the break. Like the Clippers can be a real adventure on the fast break in Terrence's that, I'm part of that, a part of that adventure. So again though, like just I think Terrence is at his best when he's mad, when he's playing furious basketball, and he needs to play with that chick on his shoulder offensively more often. He needs to play like the team is down when they're up more a little more often. I remember when we came home from Dallas after game for Serious Tide of two and people reminded him it's like, I mean, you're two wins away from advancing, and Terrence was like, I like to look at it as two wins away from our season.
Speaker 2: Being over, which you know, we know how the story ended there.
Speaker 3: But like he's just got to have that mindset of, you know, just tear the damn rim down, and I think he can get there.
Speaker 1: As the great Geeter McGee once said, let's rage Terrence Man. I think he was. He was talking about Andre Drummond coming to the Lakers. But this is lot murray on with me here on a Clippers talk live as we're approaching the two hour mark after the breaking news with Terrence Man getting a three year extension at forty seven million dollars just under sixteen sixteen million dollars per season annually, so we had a question here for you Law and this kind of ties in, but Amen was asking how do you think the Clippers can do in the absence of Kawhi Leonard? And he clarified and was asking how do they try and remain over five hundred if they are missing him him for a chunk of time and we know throughout the season on back to backs they will be How does this team get by.
Speaker 2: Defense? You just they have to defend.
Speaker 3: It's it's not it's not negotiable like that's it like that? How did they get to forty two and forty three years ago? They defended the ass off with with with a team that didn't have, you know, splash defenders. I don't think anybody on that team was close to an All Defense Award nom or anything like that. So that team defended smart and they defended with urgency because it was the only way they're gonna win win games.
Speaker 2: So that's the only way it gets done this year.
Speaker 3: They no matter how much harder than Kawhi played, like like, I can see a soon area where James Harden and Kawhi play, and if they play lazy ass defense with those guys.
Speaker 2: Playing games, they're not going to win.
Speaker 3: So no matter who's playing, they have to defend. And how do you defend. I'm a Dean Oliver guy. I'm a four factors guy, so I'm always looking at five things. I'm looking at. Are you fortune turnovers, your on ball miss forcing misshots, your off ball forcing misshots, your rent protection, and your rebounding? In other words, can you stop guys from getting to the free throw line? Can you limit the amount of threes teams take? You know, there's so many. You can't take everything away, but you have to understand what you're taking away and be consistent about it. And I've already heard the Clippers they want to be consistent about getting back on defense, getting into their half court sets, making teams take tough shots, and ending possessions with rebounds. And that's my biggest concern with this Clippers teams going in the next year. They have a lot of subpar rebounders there. Jones junior subpar rebounder Terrence Man. We've already heard the call to action with him.
Speaker 2: Norman Powell.
Speaker 3: One of the bigger concerns about Norm. I actually thought Norm was good defensively last year. If you don't believe me, look at all the Power Rangers lineups that you kept talking about, Like one reason that was effective is because Norm was effective defensively with with those guys out there. Yeah, Like no, I don't think Norm's issue is sitting down and guarding.
Speaker 2: It's the splash plays. Are you forcing turnovers? Are you are you ending possessions with rebounds? Look at Norm's rebounding numbers like that's they have to all be better there. And so that's the question. I have a concern there.
Speaker 3: But Jeff van Gundy, his priorities have always been to take away the paint. Look at who jeffvan Gundy's disciples have been. His disciples. You know Tom Thibodeau is on Jeff van Gundy's bench. Well does Tom Thibodeau defenses look like every season you're they're you're You're more likely to get an open shot than you are to penetrate the paint. So that's that's just what it comes down to. I think that team has to sit down, guard with urgency, get back on defense so that you're not giving up easy shots. But when you force missus and I think this team can force misshuts, they have to end the possessions with rebounds. And because I don't think they'll rebound that well, I do think they have to be more active in passing lanes and force some more turnovers, even if it means they are allowing some more free throws. They have to just defend with urgency next year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with you. They just don't have the personnel to be very good to great rebounding team. Could they be above average, that'd be nice, but they got to do it collectively and guys have to be more mindful of it. But you mentioned that team from the twenty one to twenty two season, they were eighth defensively top ten. Yeah, they were less talented than this team. I'm saying this team has to be at least top eight. What do you think their full potential could be defensive rating wise this season, somebody was saying they're going to be top three Adam and I kind of pushed against that because I don't know if Kawha is going to play enough games for them to be top three. He is still one of their better defenders. If we're already assuming he's missing sixteen games with the back to backs, that puts him in sixty six. I don't know about top three, but could they be fifth defensively? Because last season you look at Minnesota. Carlo Jimenez was on with me yesterday and brought this up. It was a great point I forgot about this Minnesota was they were below average on offense all season long. They were a bottom ten offense throughout much of the season. The difference was they were number one defensively by a pretty wide margin, and that got him to fifty six wins. So where do you think this Clippers team could end up ranking defensively?
Speaker 3: Honestly, I don't see a top ten defense in this team. I think they can approach it, though. I think they can be better than they were last year, Like I think they can be.
Speaker 2: You know, on the better.
Speaker 3: I think they can be in the low teams. You know, I think they can approach eleven, twelve, thirteen. What numbers are you looking at for Minnesota's offense. By the way, I don't recall them being bottom ten like they.
Speaker 1: Finished seventeenth. I think they were bottom ten through a lot of the season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, seventeen sounds about right. I mean, it's it's it's below average, but you know it ain't in the twenties, you know, That's what I'm trying to say, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: There were points where they were, but you're yeah, yeah, it wasn't twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: And I mean the thing with Minnesota is too, they tricked a lot of games off. They were one of the worst fourth quarter teams in basketball. I mean we saw that play out in the Western Conference finals, Like they had multiple games where better fourth quarter execution offensively, and that's a different series against the Mavericks. You know, it put their defense in a spot where I don't care how good you are defensively, that team didn't execute and good defensive performances through three quarters put them in a spot where game's turning in the point coin flips and I don't really want to coin flip with Luka Dante's Okay, that that three that he made over Rudy Robert that might replace the Reggie Jackson montage that.
Speaker 2: John was so that Jones was so bad.
Speaker 3: It had people thinking that the Mavericks won that series.
Speaker 2: Uh for for a time. But nah, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Clippers are going to be a top seven defense, but I think they can be better. Just like I don't think the Clippers offense, you know, is going to be top five like it was last year.
Speaker 2: It's going to fall off.
Speaker 3: But I do think that there's a chance that the Clippers offense could be where the Clippers defense is. I think, you know, I think top ten is a stretch giving the talent, but I think given the execution, they can be in the in the top half of the league.
Speaker 2: You know, I do think that the Clippers net rating.
Speaker 3: Will be around zero to one, but you know, I think that there's a there's a pathway for them to be on the positive side of that and to be a decent team.
Speaker 1: That scares me a little bit, only because my theory is for them to have a chance to get out of the plan, they got to be top eight. Defensively, I just don't see another way because I don't think their offense. Their defense to me might be ahead of their offense this year, which isn't great. I but you know, I've kind of come around and thinking that if James Harden is healthy, he is a system.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 3: It's James Harden that we're talking about. You have to look at it like this. The defense is going to come down to the coaching. Are you putting the right guys in position? Do they know what they're doing? Are they going to consistently buy in? Are they going to get off the plane in winter when you know your bones in a little different and you're still going to want to, you know, get those stops on the second night of the back back on the road. That's what defense is to me. You know, they had the personnel to defend pretty will. I don't think they have the personnel to rebound, but I think they have the personnel to defend and get those things done offensively. There's a talent, you know, they're not working at the talent margin that they were in the years past. However, they have outstanding coaching and they have James Harden. James Harden is not only good for himself, but James Harden is good for the team, the teammates that he has on that on that end of the floor he's going to I just feel like there's there's a floor that comes with James on that side of the ball, So like they're going to understand Here's Like, for example, one of the things that always makes me mad is when people hate on isoball, like because it's not the quote unquote beautiful game shit that they got used to seeing from the twenty.
Speaker 2: Fourteen Spurs or whatever.
Speaker 3: And I would say I would be right there with y'all, except that the Clippers had elite isolation players.
Speaker 1: So like too, the top two guys.
Speaker 3: So I mean, now your issue is, you know, I think your issue is there are a lot of shot.
Speaker 2: Clock violations for the Clippers.
Speaker 3: Like if I go back and look, I think that the Clippers were among the top teams in the league and shot clock violations, like they can't be that stagnant. They can't, you know, rely on it. But god damn, like they were a top five offense last year even with the laziness of their offense for the most part. I know, you flashed some bullshit about me hating on KPJ, Like.
Speaker 2: I didn't even Rea. I just saw. I just saw a few verbs, and I'm like, now.
Speaker 3: There's a difference. There's a difference between hate and.
Speaker 2: And being realistic about a situation.
Speaker 3: We can get to that, but let me just finish this point about ISO, Like if the the thing that the Clippers do is they get matchups and they're like, we're just gonna beat you with the same matchup over and over again. You know, it's like eating beans and rice. You're not gonna have a commercial about it, but it's probably gonna be good for you to win games depending on your personnel. The personnel's different, so you're not gonna see as much isoball, You're gonna see a lot more picking rolls this year. But I think that's what TLU does Telu offensively. His philosophy is where are the mismatches on the floor, and how can we exploit them to the point where you can't have those players on the floor anymore. Like if you got a big on the floor, we're gonna go small and punish your big. If you got a tiny guard on the floor, we're gonna go small, small, pick and roll until that guy is stuck guarding a guy he can't defend.
Speaker 1: I have also found the ISO hating to be a pet peeve of mine because it's like.
Speaker 2: Look at who's in the finals.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in every.
Speaker 2: Those are ISO teams.
Speaker 1: Bro Every playoff game often resorts to a lot of ISO ball at the end. And the Clippers had the two top ISO guys in the league last season Kawhi, then down the list, it's Paul George. There was a gap. Kawhi was so spectacular in ISO. When it came to pois per possession. Oh yeah, he was second, only second to Kawhi. So if you have the top two guys, you better do some ISO. And they finished fourth offensively, How can you complain with the results if you don't like the style of play. I understand dime dropper Darian Visieri doesn't. He doesn't like the ball pounding, but you can't say it's not effective. I don't think he does.
Speaker 3: All right, Uh, lot of we can talk about Kevin real quick. I want to see I want I want to see this and I want to address it because I feel like I'm repeating the same shit and people aren't listening.
Speaker 1: Let me read this because people could listen to this later on the podcast side, they won't see it. Jordan says, lost a haten, hating on the defense, hating on our role players, hating on KPJ. Even went straight out of the head of the coach, straight out of the head coach's mouth to lie, says kJ O. KPJ is going to have a huge part in this team hating non Kawhi Law correct this.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean, I'm not hating.
Speaker 3: I'm a realist about situations when it comes to how a season plays out, how a rotation gets put together, how a team is going to try and start a year like you come out Week one and we hear it every year from t Lou Like this, dude, t Luke started Eric Bledsoe and Reggie Jackson together over and over and didn't change it until like ten games or whatever it was, you know, I mean, just because he felt like that's what he was sticking to, that was his fit.
Speaker 2: I thought Terrence was starting that year.
Speaker 3: It's like, now we're gonna start Eric, Reggie, Paul Marcus, except Marcus's knee never got right. Sounds familiar with another power forward they're dealing with this year and zoom. So you know, with Kevin's situation, people keep thinking I'm talking about the talent, and that's why I'm like downplaying expectations early in the season. I don't know, Like if he's going to be available to play in Week.
Speaker 2: One, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It seems important, it seems for especially for a guy who wasn't on the team, especially for a guy who didn't play NBA games last year, Especially for a guy who is on a team with a bunch of dudes who sound like you're going back to the Piston or the Hornets or the twenty twenty three Houston Rockets, one of the worst teams in the basketball you know what I'm saying. We're talking about a team that made the playoffs, you know, the last couple of years, and a team that has real dudes competing for spots now. So I mean Kevin's going to compete. He's going to probably show out at some point. I just don't think it's happening early because there's some extenuating circumstances that still need to be determined.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's all I'm saying about that.
Speaker 1: I think it's completely fair. I've agreed with you the entire time. I was a little bit surprised how much Coach Lou made it a point to say, hey, he's really talented. He wouldn't make twenty million dollars if he wasn't having a coach on ball on.
Speaker 2: The team, if he wasn't if Kevin.
Speaker 3: Not to be Again, this is kind of disrespectful, but it is what it is. We just got to say it for what it is. If Kevin Porter Junior wasn't talented with what you know we're talking about off the court, we're not talking about them period.
Speaker 1: You're not getting other opportunities.
Speaker 3: If you're not this talented, dull Coursey talented, that's not that's not the issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I'm totally with you. Oh, I think we just got a Sham's bomb. You're a coworker. I'm gonna I'm gonna go to this and you can read it, and this is a this is interesting here Shamshrania up the athletic where Law Murray works, law breaking news the fire.
Speaker 2: That's all I will say about that.
Speaker 1: Well, Shap's is saying the Minnesota Timberwolves are nearing a trade to send All star Karl Anthony Towns to the New York Knicks. Sources tell me I was wondering what would happen with him. I don't see how this affects the Clippers anyways, but we knew the Knicks need some help in the front court.
Speaker 2: Where there's smoke, there's fire. I gotta I gotta mix some I gotta do some things. So you have a good night at them.
Speaker 1: All right, lall, you got work to do. The bat signal went up, Go get it. I appreciate you coming on. There goes a lot Murray, Carl Anthony Towns going to the New York Knickerbockers. That is interesting. Yes, the Knicks are a problem. The Knicks were good before this. They had a little bit a hole of a hole in the front court. This helps them in that area greatly. Wow. Now the question is what are they giving up? Is it going to be a net positive if they have to give up a lot? And we just found out the trade package is centered around Julius Randall Dante de Vincenzo for Carl Anthony Towns, Randall and Dante DiVincenzo. So ooh, they're losing one of the Villa Nova guys to get Carl Anthony Towns, but I would say that is a nice fit for the Knicks. I like that fit. I've said for a while, I don't know about Julius Randall with this team, but now the Minnesota Timberwolves have him. All I know is I think nas Reed I like him more in the starting lineup in some ways than Karl Anthony Towns for the Minnesota Timberwolves, I do. I think it makes it makes sense, and it could make both teams better a little bit of addition by subtraction, because while Towns did step up in the playoffs and proved his worth, there were a lot of questions all season long if they could be better without him because of how good nas Reed has gotten. Nas Reed he's one of my favorite player. He is really good. I don't know if the Clippers won that trade mkx l n T. If you're assuming that Minnesota got worse because of this, I don't know if that is a fact. Minnesota was the three seed last season in the Western Conference. There's still gonna be a top three seed. And I think it was an odd fit with Carl Anthony Towns. I think it could be better if they have Julius Randall coming off the bench maybe, or even him instead of Karl Anthony Towns next to Rudy Gobert. But Nas read to me, this opens up more playing time for him and that is a positive for them. Karl Anthony Towns in New York. I think it makes a lot of sense. They get back to having more of a stretch big like they have with Kris STAPs Porzingis, you know, six years ago or whatever it was. But him next to Mitchell Robinson. Whether or not Karl Anthony Towns is playing the five or they're going Robinson at the five and him at the four, it's interesting. They're big, they're tough. I like the fit for both teams, honestly, I do. Jordan says Kat is so good they should have to give up that bum Gobert. There's a reason France benched his ass all of the Olympics. Nasty ass player. Ruddy Gobert pretty much makes you a top ten defense just having him on your team. Does he have limitations along the perimeter? Are there certain teams that can play him off the floor. Yes, But to call him a bum it likely means you're a casual. I'm sorry, Jordan, you said that earlier that mess you were talking with Law Murray didn't like that. Rudy Gobert, yes, he has his limitations. That doesn't make him a bum. He automatically makes you a top ten regular season defense and he's still is very good at times in the playoffs. There's just certain times against teams where the matchups don't work. Evil Bot says that they playing Kat at the four the five. I'm sure he'll get opportunities at both because he can stretch the floor. He can play the four next to a big like Mitchell Robinson and not clog up the paint too much on offense. I think he'll probably start there. JM. Thirteen twenty four says, I got to deal with the Knicks and seventy six or eight times this year. He's a Celtics fan. Can we be serious? What is life f This stuff is not Clippers related outside of Minnesota. I think just got slightly better. Honestly, I think so Nasried is like that him getting more playing time is meaningful for them, and that's what this does. So I think it's addition by subtraction for them. It's a edition by addition for the Knicks Dante DiVincenzo. That's a loss. That's I don't worry at all about losing Julius Randall like that fit and he didn't show up in multiple playoff series for them. I don't trust him. People said it didn't trust Cap, but he actually played pretty well, and they don't. They do not win that series against Denver without Karl Anthony Towns. But overall, I think they might have a slightly higher ceiling. Now we'll see. They still got to the conference finals. They got beat up there. But it's it's interesting. I I I first blush. I think both teams got a little bit better. Jordan says respect either way, even though he's calling guys bums and saying laws of hater. We love this talk on the podcast. Is great keeping all of us basketball fans in our team. Blessing, blessings up, y'all. I'm way up. I feel blessed. All right, Jordan, we'll squash it. We'll leave it at that. Respect, respect all the way around. I've appreciate you guys. This is the longest Clippers Talk Live I have done, especially because the majority of it I was going solo. It was great to have Law Murray in here to clean up any inaccuracies when it came to the Terrence Man conversation, and once again, I just want to say, because he is such a great ambassador and reliable player for the Clippers and a great young man who's now turned twenty eight, I guess not so young, but a true pro. Congrats to Terrence Man. Really happy for him. Three year extension, forty seven million dollars. It's still team friendly, it's still a great deal for the Clippers, and it's burning the hand over two in the bush for Terrence Man. You waited out you could not have a chair when the time the music stops. By the time the music stops, that's what happens with Gary Trent juniors. Law Murray so eloquently pointed out, Terrence Man was not going to let that happen to him. Take the money, get it done, a little more certainty, clarity, knowing that you're the guy that has the inside track and is the favorite to win that starting two spot. I think Terrence Man is going to prove haters wrong this season. However many and they are the vocal minority. I think he is going to shoot a higher percentage from three than he did last year. Overall, he's going to average, I'm gonna say, at least ten points per game, and there are going to be Knights where he shows off a lot more in his bag because it's necessary because they need him to. And he's coming off a playoff series against the Dallas Mavericks where if you forgot, he held Luca to forty percent from the floor. Oh you want to point out Luka Doncic was a little bit banged up. Well, he got more banged up as the playoffs went along and still shot a higher percentage against guys like Lou Dort. Terras Man did the best job against him that anyone did while getting nine points per game, shooting forty five percent from three, getting five boards, so the rebounding was nice in the playoffs. He needs to do a little bit more than what he did in his thirty one and a half minutes per game against Dallas in that six game series in the first round last season. In this regular season, That's what I'm saying. Someone did bring up evil bod Adams said if it could be related Julius Randall coming to the Clippers and the clip sitting players to the Wolves, there's no indication of that. Guys that would be I've talked about that. A little bit has been brought up. I think Julius Randall will be an interesting fit. Obviously you'd have your four, then you wouldn't have to worry abou Kawhi playing the four. But as I kind of point out earlier, I don't know if that's really more taxing or not than playing the three. It's kind of arbitrary. It might be less movement, less miles traveled per game, less feet traveled on the floor per possession. On the defensive end, if he's playing the ford, it might be better for Kawhi that way. I don't know. I can't figure it out either way. But there's no indication that he's being re routed or something, or any of these players are being re routed to the Clippers. He didn't hold Luca, Oh he didn't. He didn't hold Luca. Luca didn't shoot forty percent in that series, and terrace Man wasn't his primary defender. Do you need me to bring up these receipts? Is this how we're gonna end? Thanks tonight? You want to see the proof in the pudding? I got it. For you. Here's Lukadocch. Since some people are non believers and still hating on Terrence Man. I don't know why you all try this. I don't know why you try this, Luka Doocich. Yes, he got his thirty points per game. That's here. It took him twenty five and a half shots to get there. Why because he shot forty percent from the floor and twenty four percent from three and Terrence Man was his primary defender. Don't come at me with this stuff. You know I got the facts here. Don't even try it. Luca was hobbled. I just brought this up. He was more hobbled Chico Johnson as the playoffs went along, Yet he was shooting a higher percentage against other defenders than he was Terrence Man. He was moving worse and playing better against Luke Dort and abusing him at times, something he wasn't able to do against Terrence Man. That's not a good point. My goodness. Too many casuals in here today. Oh A means got my back? Yeah, I'll show it to you. I'll do it in real time. I don't care. I will embarrass myself like this. Terrence Man was healthier, healthier, in the first round against Excuse me, Luca dontons was healthier in the first round against Terrence Man than he was as the playoffs went along, as he continued to get more and more banged up, Yet he shot his worst percentage against the Clippers and Team Man. Against OKC he was shooting forty five percent from the floor and thirty nine percent from three, and was going right at loudor against Minnesota. Against all there are good defenders, lucat doncon shot forty seven percent and forty three percent from the outside while being more banged up, and then shot forty seven percent against the Boston Celtics. You can't use injuries as an excuse for why you only shot forty percent against Terrence Man when he ended up getting more and more injured while his shooting percentage was going up against other teams of the playoffs, win along, sorry facts, get out of here, Get out of here, Chico Yeah, thirty points on twenty five shots. The reason the Clippers were in that series is because of how inefficient Uka Doncic was. Terrence Man gave them a chance. He gave them a chance because of how good he was defensively. Do you not understand this. You can't deal with some people too emotional, not me, though level headed. You can tell fact hammer and it wasn't a velvet hammer boom. Mkxcel nt said it. I gotta get out of here. My voice is shredded. I appreciate all you guys for coming in tonight, and I appreciate the Clippers rewarding Terrence Man and for him being signed on a three year extension. I am happy for him. It is good to see Terrence Man in the Clippers uniform and that continuing. This has been a long ass almost two and a half hour. We're almost entering Lord of the Rings extended edition of a Clippers Talk Live here because of the breaking Terrence Man news. But it was important to do because I want to remind you when this stuff happens, I will be going live. You can count on me for that. I'll be reliable and I will have during the season when the regular season starts, new content for you every single day on this channel at Clippers Talk on YouTube every day. I'll have new content once the Clipper season starts October twenty third, add into it Dome against the Phoenix Suns. So I would subscribe I'm gonna be consistent. I don't care how shulder my voice gets during the season, I will be here, believe that. Thanks a lot Murray for jumping in and coming on. We need a trilogy, Sol says, No, the Hobbit trilogy. That didn't need to be a trilogy. They didn't need to extend that out.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Oh now Chico Johnson, Oh, he's spiraling. Oh, the Clippers will get eliminated for the plan because he didn't like the fact that well, the facts hit him square in the face and he looks bad now, so now he has to move those goalposts. Evil Bot Adams says, fact slap. I like this guy good looking too. I will see you guys and talk to you guys next time Monday, I will have at least one show for you. It's media Day. I will be there. I can't wait to reconnect with a lot of people from the Clippers organization. I'm going to see all our friends and talk to the Clippers. I'll have some live streams for you. You also want to make sure that you get to me on Instagram and follow me there because during the season. During the season, I will be doing a lot of live streams. Also on the Instagram side, the Instagram handle is clippers Talk Follow Adam A. That's my Instagram handle. My handle on x would be at follow out of May. My handle here on YouTube is that Clippers Talk. My handle on TikTok is that Clippers Talk. But on the gram it's Clippers Talk Follow Adam A and I will be doing a lot of live streams, pregame and postgame. Oh more questions. Clips er Die says, are you going to live stream when you do Clippers Talk before and after games of this season? Yes? Just answered it, Just answered it. Yes, this channel is super underrating, Terrence Man, I agree with you. Our friends from Japan faker fans are something coming here and getting slapped by at them with facts cook the frauds. Yeah, maybe that's all I'll eat for dinner tonight. Uh, you all are well done cooked, Chico Johnson. All right until next time, likely on Monday, unless there's more breaking news. This this has been another edition of Clippers Talk. I love you all.