Speaker 1: The sports page with the Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games, Mike the Bulldog beyond you on JRR.
Speaker 2: The Bulldog Sports page brought you by jrr's Rocketband cash giveaways. They continue today with thirteen more one thousand dollars cash prizes, first of which right around nine oh five, listen for those keyword teach hour to enter at WJRR dot com. Bulldog. Are we gonna start with NHL and NBA playoffs scores? Are the big Major League Baseball news from yesterday?
Speaker 3: Yeah, huge baseball news. Rob Mann for the Commissioner of Major League Baseball has reinstated Pete Rose and if you want to go way back, Shoeless Joe Jackson. Both of those players, of course, banned from baseball by their respective commissioners back in the day for sports gambling scandals. Pete Rose of course bet on the Reds while he was a manager and a player of the Reds. He was perm banned in nineteen eighty nine. Shoeless Joe Jackson part of the Chicago Black Sox scandal, where the Blacks are the White Sox players through the World Series essentially essentially and now they are eligible to go into the Hall of Fame. Now that doesn't mean they're going into the Hall of Fame. Means they're eligible to be voted upon. And there's still some processes that have to go you know, have to uh, you know, they have to go through certain committees before they can be voted upon. But they there will be the option to get them into the Baseball Hall of Fame. Rob Manford said he's changing the rule. The lifetime band means once a player has passed away, then you know that's the lifetime then they can, you know, be eligible for the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: What do you guys think about that? I love it for Pete Rose. I don't know much about Shoeless Joe, but well I don't. I don't think these guys belong the Hall of Fame. Pete Rose bet on baseball while he's a manager, and while he's a player give me a break here, and Shola's Joe Jackson through the freaking World Series. Why do these guys belong in the Hall of Fame. I think you should be allowed to vote on them, Okay, if you want to vote them.
Speaker 3: I would never vote these guys in the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: To clarify, uh, specifically with Rose, true or not true? He never bet against the Reds, right right?
Speaker 3: That that's what he said, and they never found evidence that he bet against the Reds.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm just asking to be to be honest, like Pat says. I know that they're not honest with what they did. But look at the sports world we live in right now. How many of how many of these dudes do you think of done sports betting? And then you take ni L into everything into account and say, hey, you know what that guy told Pat earlier? Pete Rose taught us a slide that we all envied grow that we all what does ni L have to do with what it has to do with it? Let me tell you something, my boys, here comes mister ni L.
Speaker 2: You can call me if you like.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna call you Nilli Vanilli's what I'm gonna all right, man, please explain us.
Speaker 1: Yes, So, if you have people athletes getting legally paid and you have people gambling, I think it's all it's Money's money, bro.
Speaker 2: How's that for an explanation?
Speaker 1: Explanation in quotes money money. If you have money, you can gamble.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, it is really a good thing. You're not a lawyer. Oh god, yeah, you'd have the worst win loss record ever. You know how I do it.
Speaker 1: Man, It's all legend.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So they are eligible for the Hall of Fame. All right, Let's get to the NBA. Last night, the Cavaliers have been eliminated by the Pacers. By the way, the Pacers weren't favored in any of the five games they played against the Cavaliers, yet they beat them for to one. So the Pacers have been getting no respect and now they are heading to the conference finals for the second straight year after the victory over the top seeded Calves. Ok See takes care of business last night against Denver. They're up in that series three to two. Despite the fact that Nikola Jokic had forty four points in fifteen rebounds for the Nuggets last night. He's the best player in the world. It's not even close. So Denver is one game from being eliminated as well. Other sad news when we talked about this yesterday, Just as I feared when we were talking about it, the Boston celticsnounced yesterday that in fact, superstar forward Jason Tatum did in fact rupture his achilles tendon in that Game four loss to the Knicks on Monday night. He underwent surgery yesterday to repair it. Not only is he out for the rest of this season, he's likely out for all or most of next season as well, because it's a very serious injury. Your achilles tendon't blows out. So I'll tell you what again, It's sad for the Celtics, but heading in the next season, you had the Cavaliers top seed this year, They've already been eliminated. The Celtics, their future is in question. The East is wide open. The East is gonna be wide open next year.
Speaker 1: I still don't like benefiting off of, you know, somebody's misery. That's uh.
Speaker 2: You know what I wonder, guys, sometimes, with the medical advances that the world has experienced, why have they not been able to come out? I know there's been advances and improvements, but when it comes to knees and things like achilles, why haven't we come up with something that can you know, turn this stuff around faster than what those injuries typically present.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Hey, if you're gonna go that, and I'll look at technology now that you when you have a knee surgery. You don't have a scar pat from here to remember those ones from the You know, you'd have an uncle who had knee surgery and his leg looked like he was attacked by gators.
Speaker 3: Well what you would think with anio all that they would do something with knee.
Speaker 1: I mean, nil's nil bruh.
Speaker 2: Boy hockey playoffs last night, Dallas three to one over Winnipeg. They're now up three to one in that series. And then tonight, big night for you, bulldog. I suppose you you haven't a watch party over there.
Speaker 3: At luxroy Man. Yeah. Yeah, Although I'm a little ashamed of our minority owner of the Florida Panthers, Doug Sifu. He's been banned by the NHL because he got into a social media tiff with a Toronto Maple Lee's fan that diverted into a profane rant against Palestine and Israel, and they.
Speaker 2: Went he stood up for Israel, didn't He?
Speaker 3: He did, But you know the language he used wasn't very nice, So I guess they've banned this guy. Yeah, don't get into two drunken rants on social media with fans from the opposing team. If you're the owner, that's that's the moral of this.
Speaker 1: Go back to what I said years ago. Pat, do you recall what it was probably fifteen years ago, when socials are started.
Speaker 2: Up one day there's gonna be something called nil.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bruh, No, it's in il bro that's my phrase.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: No, it's a stay off of socials after three beers. That's it. It's not a bad rule to live by and go Solar Bears. Even though I can't see this still, this whole sports boys, I don't even know if they're still in they are they can gass man. Yesterday then people were texting three to one man, oh god, okay.
Speaker 2: He is Mike the Bulldog Bianchi, host of Open Mike weekday mornings on adjacent to US on A seven forty and FM ninety six nine The Game. Thank you, Dog has always for taking time out of your busy show to join us here for the sports page each morning on JR. With some birthdays to come, we suspect that's right.
Speaker 3: Happy birthday to the great David Byrne, lead singer Talking Heads NDAKO on demand download the iHeartRadio app