Speaker 1: I'm telling you, Boston, we have full lines, folks, and I'm gratified by that. So I want to hear what people have to say. I will try to. My message is simple. Uh, it's kind of what Robert F. Kennedy said. Violence begets violence, and every time there's a violent act in one direction, there's often a similar violent act in a different direction.
Speaker 2: Let's let's get right back to the call. It's going to go to Ron. Ron.
Speaker 1: Thanks for checking in you next on Nightside, right.
Speaker 3: Ron Hie, again, thanks so much for taking my call. I just have a couple of comments. I think we really need to ramp up our re turrent measures here in terms of hate crimes, and whether it be increased cameras or definitely's punishment for the crimes as a deterrent. But I don't think we have a leadership that can take a stand Onut. I don't think we have the I don't think our leaders especially in Massachusetts, have the courage to take a stand on such hate hate crimes.
Speaker 4: I mean, one of.
Speaker 2: The things one of the things that people can do.
Speaker 1: Uh. And they apparently caught this guy, or they were able to identify this guy fairly quickly because of home security cameras, So you know, I think that that's always something that is important to do.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you can have a home security camera, even the people who were shot, they got to they at least got a picture of this guy, gave him an idea who they were looking for. So, you know, anything that would would would discourage people. I just think that the attitude of some people when they big free speech guy. My friend Harvey Silverglate, who will hear from in a moment or two, is a big free speech guy. But one of the things is when you get in some of this speech where you're calling people, you know, the worst thing since you know, you know, hitler or whatever or demonic, as my friend Alex from Cambridge said, then the people who are a little bit a little bit imbalanced, figure, well, maybe I can go ahead and and and do something that's good and get rid of people who are that bad. That's you know, and it's it's it's it's it's scary.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: We've seen I've seen too many political assassinations in my life, and I know you have as well.
Speaker 7: I have too, And thank you for leading into that because.
Speaker 3: You know, as as I think you may know. I read the Wall Street Journal lot, and uh, I'm particularly interested in some of the articles on the commentary that's made in this case, it's on a twenty four to seven basis. You should read some of the hate that is simply exactly what our friend Alex demonstrated just a short time ago. It's very and I think unfortunately, our media, as I shared with Marita earlier, I think our media is adding is throwing gas onto the embers. I mean, when you see this sort of thing, it just it makes it worse. And you know, I hadn't planned on, but at one point in time, I signed up for the notifications from CBS, and it's like every three times tonight during my work shift, I received breaking news notifications and it's always just a sound by man, you know, highlighting one side or the other.
Speaker 4: You take a look at Boston Gould and you look at Wall Street through.
Speaker 7: When you look at New York Times, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: I can't trust you. You personally are the Paul Revere in terms of messaging anything that comes close to the truth, or at least you know, I have to share just one thing before I let others.
Speaker 7: A few days ago.
Speaker 3: I happened to meet in a cafeteria sitting there after emergency room, and a gentleman sits down across from me. We start talking to the physician and I shared with him my deployment to Iran, and he looked at me. After we talked, and I showed them some pictures of the little kids that we took care of. You know, a thousand Prussian dereies, three four thousand people died. But it wasn't the people were It wasn't the people that were uh demons, if you will, it was it's the theocratic leadership there.
Speaker 4: And you know, the.
Speaker 3: Amazing story is and I couldn't happen. I don't know how it happened. But so he looked at me and he said, Ron, those little kids that you took care of are my age. He said that they need any ophthalmologists on your team. This is incredible. We're able to have the discussion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and hopefully hopefully that gentleman will join will join your team. Ron, I gotta fly here because I'm all lots of good wisdom there. Thank you so much for the kind words. Appreciate it very much.
Speaker 4: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: Let me get my friend Harvey silver glad in here, Hobby welcome.
Speaker 1: I know you're a First Amendment guy, and I'm sure that you're a little bit concerned about some of the comments that I have made tonight.
Speaker 2: Right ahead, I.
Speaker 5: Am very concerned about some of the comments. The solution to this is not to outlaw hate speech. As I've said before, hate speech is very important because it identifies the haters. Sure, and we know who am not to turn our backs on. The solution is not to contail speech. I think that part of the blame is in Donald Trump, and let me tell you why. I know that it's satisfact blaming the victim, but I'll tell you why. He sat by during the Capitol Hill riots, which the Democrats, to their discredit, call an insurrection. It was not an insurrection. It was a riot, words matter, and he sat by to hours and let this go on. Have called in the National Guard, the ditto and in law, whereas in Los Angeles he virtually declared he came within an inch of declaring martial law because he was opposed to what the riots did. The double standard has to go, I mean, but it's not. But the blame is on both sides. The rhetoric, the level of hate speech that I believe that hate speech should be one hundred percent protected, Marsha. But we have a responsibility for moderating us speech. Well, we don't have an oblag We don't we don't have an apple, We don't have a legal obligation, but we have the obligation of citizenship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So you and I on as far apart, maybe as some people might think on this, in the sense that I just think that you criticized a Trump and rightfully so he should have called for National Guard. Maybe it was too late. Now I know that there's some questions about whether or not Nancy Pelosi actually if he requested National Guard in advance and Pelosi, as the Speaker of the House, denied his request on that. By the way, there's there's some interesting stuff that's starting to percolate up on that. But put that aside, he certainly should have been in front of the TV cameras at by two point fifteen and saying stop it, stop it, and and go home. But I also think when all of a sudden people are comparing Trump to Addolf Hitler, I don't think that comparison is fair hobby.
Speaker 5: I really don't know whether there's no there is no comparison since the Emperor Caligila, right, sure enough, right right. And that's exactly the kind of a rhetoric that that seeds into the fanaticism. Yes, it allows to happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And because if I'm somebody on the other side, and if I'm a little imbalanced, and I take that that phrase that you know that that phrase not metaphorically, but I think it literally, I might wake up some day and say, you know what, I need to take this guy out because look what Hitler did and I want to see a repeat of it. Uh. And that's where I think, you know, both sides needs to need to need to take it down, not from a statutory point of view, but as you say, from a from a citizen's perspective and an obligatory.
Speaker 2: Point of view.
Speaker 1: Exactly burn up, all right, my friend. As always, thank you, Harvey. You've brought some clarity to our conversation, as you tend to do every time. Thank your friend. Talk to you soon. Take quick break. Coming right back on Night's side, I have Mary Beth and handover coming up. The only line open right now was six months, two five four to ten thirty. Everything else is full six one, seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. The question is there's there's a couple of questions here. One is, if there's violence from either side, it has to be denounced. And I would argue that the greater obligation on the people from whichever side the violence emanated. Sometimes the violence doesn't have a side. Sometimes the violence is just insane. Okay. But but if it's you know, if you happen to be a conservative, denounce what this guy did in Minnesota, Denounce it to your friends. There's no way that anyone should be silent on this same way the guy that killed the young couple outside the Jewish Museum. I don't care what you think about Palestine, Okay, you can't go around shooting people in the street and then say free Palestine, Free Palestine. It has to be denounced. I don't know if care. The Council on Islamic the Council on American Islamic Relations, which is a very anti Israeli organization, per se, did they say anything.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm going to try to find out during the break. We'll take a quick break. Coming right back. This is a quick one, coming right back on Nightside. You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on Boston's news radio. Okay, I just checked it out, and the Council on American Islamic Relations CARE did denounce the shooting on the two embassy staff members. The Israeli embassy Israel member, they were not Israeli.
Speaker 2: One Jewish woman.
Speaker 1: From Kansas was killed, and Kerr said, we condemned last night's deadly attack on Israeli embassy employees in Washington, d C. Well, good for you CARE. What's one of the first times that I've seen that, and I'm very happy that you did that. While millions of them, they went on to politicize it a little bit, which is fine, while millions of Americans feel extreme frustration at the site of the Israeli government slaughtering Palestinian men, women, and children on a daily basis with weapons paid for with our taxpayer dollars. Political violence is an unacceptable crime and it's not the answer. Okay, I disagree with the characterization of what Israel is doing in Gaza, but I certainly do appreciate their condemnation of last night's deadly attack on Israeli embassy employees. In Washington, d C. See, we're fear here on Nightside, believe it or not. Mary Beth in handover, Mary Beth, thank you for calling in and thank you for your patience.
Speaker 6: Oh sure, it's it's just getting so stressful because you can even join a conversation on social media or something. Because I was literally trying to have a conversation with someone and they just kept coming back and tacking, and I'm like, no, really, I want to know your point of view, you know. I mean, I think if we can, if we could just get to the point where we can actually have conversations instead of you know, because I've sat down with people that are friends of mine on the other side, and you know, we can discuss that we may not agree with each other, but we'll at least say why we believe this or that. But this hate is it's definitely from the politicians media too. But like the politicians on both sides are just giving everyone commission to be violent, and you know so many, yeah.
Speaker 1: Some may be doing that, and I think that has to be condemned. What we try to do here on Nightside is have rational conversations. Sometimes exactly people are unable to do that. And I know I had some frustrations with Alex because he will call President and Trump a demon can do that, but he should understand there's some questions.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's here's the thing. You're not going to win somebody over to your side by that kind of behavior. So by him, you know, shouting out to the world that you know. I mean, I have my beliefs too, but you're not going to get someone from the other side to come over to your side by attacking them.
Speaker 2: So with you, I agree with you totally on that.
Speaker 6: But and when I'm telling you, when I thought when I saw the kid that was throwing rocks at every single car, it infuriated me, just like Portland, just like JA six. You know, I'm so stressed out with all of those people, you know, I mean, I'm angry with them. You're not helping your cause.
Speaker 1: Well, for some reason they had this view that again protesters, you got there's some funding going on out there. I don't want to get into that conversation, and I will say about from another night, but there's a lot of that that is really pre planned. And I just wanted to focus tonight on this guy in Minnesota who felt he had the right to come people's homes, private homes and kill them because he had political disagreements with them, and all of his targets. To the best of our knowledge, we're Democrats.
Speaker 8: Why the acting.
Speaker 1: US attorney out there, who we played that SoundBite from. I don't know anything about him. I don't know if he's a Republican, if he's a Democrat. It just seems to me that he should have been much more straightforward. I'll do a little bit of work on him, find.
Speaker 6: Out, you know, and nobody's asking him to jump the gun and just say, hey, this is what it was, but don't say, yeah, we're not really sure because it's kind of obvious.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, he actually talked about how that all of the people on the list were Democrats, and so who do they think this guy was? You know? So let me see, Yeah, I guess this guy was appointed by Donald Trump on June second, So Joseph H. Thompson, who served as a federal prosecutor for sixteen years, has been appointed by President Trump to serve as the acting UNS Attorney for the District of Minnesota. I think he missed the ball. I think that now whether or not he felt loyalty to Donald Trump. I think that's that's a mistake. This guy clearly was on one side of the political spectrum.
Speaker 8: And yeah, I mean.
Speaker 6: You hired to do a job, doing the job no matter what you got, you know, I mean, people were turning against each other as a nation.
Speaker 5: It's just so sad, Mary Beth.
Speaker 1: I appreciate your call and and I appreciate your support on this one.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, we'll talk.
Speaker 6: About a great night.
Speaker 1: My pleasure. Keep calling the show. We have two lines at six, one, seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. Let me go next to h Tom in Dorchester. Tom, you were next on NIGHTSIDEM. Going to get you in here before the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Tom, okay, Dan.
Speaker 9: I was trying to make this best now. I was a scoop Scoop Jackson and Hubert Huppy and John F. Kennedy Democrat. And then I saw a program in the nineteen seventies where the Communists were going to try to imporplate in piltrate one of the parties, and they set it on the Democratic Party. And as I went along and.
Speaker 1: Who whoa, whoa Tom, Where did you see that program?
Speaker 9: It was a program on television. I forget the well, it was.
Speaker 4: One of these days.
Speaker 9: Uh uh, Well, if I forget what the program was, it was, it was a half hour program.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've known a lot of I've known a lot about that stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't recall that.
Speaker 1: But I'll I'll take your word that you saw.
Speaker 9: Something, all right, thanks. So I think I voted with Jimmy Catta, and then the Democrats were all on the side of the Soviet Union. Everything the Soviet Union did the Democrats supported. So I started believing in that more and more. So then I changed my I changed to the Republicans, a motive for Ronald Reagan. And and this this week, all everything is going on today.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 2: Know, Joe, let me just say this.
Speaker 1: I don't think the Democrats were on the side of the Soviet Union. I think there are some liberal Democrats, but I who was on the side of the Soviet Union.
Speaker 9: Dan and you all were in congris every time we're trying to say something bad against the Soviet So.
Speaker 2: You're telling me tip O'Neil was on the side of the Soviet Union.
Speaker 9: I don't know about tip O'Neil, but Dan, they hated Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan said I'm going to destroy the evil Umpire. So that sets bottom my my case there. Well, when I when I want to get to Dannis. These people in the street right now, these are all useful idiots and they're being controlled by Maxis. These Maxis love this and this is what they want to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, Tom, Tom again, if if you're telling me that all the Democrats and and I asked you about Tip O'Neil and somehow you don't know that. I mean I I well, Tom, and I followed politics pretty carefully. We are the more liberals in the in the Do you think that Mike Dukakis was on the side of the Soviet Union.
Speaker 9: No, I don't know, Jim, but I know what I know.
Speaker 1: Come on, Tom, that's not that's not even come on, come on again.
Speaker 9: They're always back to the Soviet Union. They hated run Oding and said I'm going to destroy the evil Umpire.
Speaker 2: Okay, Tom, Enough for vision is history for this evening.
Speaker 1: But thank you for the call. Nonetheless, we'll talk later, Thanks very much. We'll take a break here. Come on, people, let's go. Come on six one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one, ten thirty. I'm sure that Tom believes what he said. Okay, but uh, it's not true what he said. Uh, And he can say it as much as he wants, but it's not true. We'll take a break, We'll come right back on the Night's side. I got some line six one seven, two, five, four to ten thirty. Couple there and one at six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. I'm asking what I think is a very simple question, a very simple issue. The issue is simply this, Why is it that when there's political violence, some people's responses are more muted. That should not be the case. We all need to very quickly and honestly stand up in unison and say this is not what s country is. It's not what this country has ever been about. Although we have a rich history of political violence, it is something that we have to we have to denounce, and we have to denounce it across the board, and we probably have a greater obligation if it's someone on our side of the isle who does something insane. Back on Nightside, right after the news at the bottom of the hour, we've got some open lines.
Speaker 2: Let's light them up.
Speaker 8: It's Nightside Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Back to the folks, go let me go to Bob and Rhode Island. Bob next on Nightside Road, Edzer Okay, Dan.
Speaker 5: They have the parade on Saturday in Washington, DC. I thought Trump was trying to reduce the deficit. How much did that cost? By the way, I think he's I think you're just with the guy about the demons Trump. I think he is a demon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you probably think you probably think he's Hitler, right yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: He reminds me a lot of this with the nineteen thirties thirty yeah and goose stepping, and that's the guy.
Speaker 1: That fifty more than fifty percent. Again, do you want to have a conversation? You want to make a speech? If you want a speech, I'll give you thirty seconds. You could go right now. You want to go thirty.
Speaker 5: Seconds to make a speech, Go right ahead, Dan, I comment, I've complimented you in the past, is yours.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying to you is, let's have a conversation. So you you think fifty percent of the American people just elected the personification Aboutolf Hitler?
Speaker 5: Right, well, lately the way he's been as acting, Yes, I do you do.
Speaker 1: Okay, well do you think that? So you have some people on your side of the aisle who are a little balanced, they're a little unbalanced.
Speaker 2: Bye bye.
Speaker 1: By saying that, let me I'm asking you by saying that, do you take any responsibility for an action that people might take, because they're going to say, well, Bob from One Island said he's hitler.
Speaker 2: You know, I gotta get out.
Speaker 5: Everybody should think to themselves, disagree with I have some outside with that guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, Alex, Alex, Alex is convinced. Okay, Well again, as long as you guys continue to do that, remember this, you will lose politically, Okay, just as you lost. They ran all that stuff against Trump last October September at October, and so your rhetoric help. Oh yes, they did. Your rhetoric and the rhetoric of the Democratic Party which talked about this guy being a dangerous guy and he was a hitler.
Speaker 2: That's what that was the whole campaign.
Speaker 1: You guys, hold on and I'll finish, and then they'll give you the floor. Uh, you helped elect Donald Trump. Congratulations, go ahead.
Speaker 5: I mean nobody tried to shoot Biden, but they tried somebody tried to shoot Trump and changed a bit, and that's why he's gonna go down get impeached eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and this.
Speaker 5: Time it's gonna stick.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: There was one Democrat just so you know, a congressman from Detroit who's kind of crazy, and he filed an impeachment motion kids Trump. I think it was in April, and the leadership of the Democratic probably went to him and said, are you nuts?
Speaker 2: Pull that? Pull that again.
Speaker 1: That sort of rhetoric helped elect Donald Trump, whether you know it or not. Okay, so congratulations, you got you, You got us Donald Trump. Congratulations, Bob.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't give him Donald give you Donald Trump. The morons have voted for him, got me Donald Trump.
Speaker 1: That's right the way, By the way, the.
Speaker 5: Economy is going to be better for them. Trump hasn't done a positive thing he had he's been in office.
Speaker 1: Right by the way, Bob, very effective way to win people over the people who you disagree with, who disagree with him, my opinion.
Speaker 5: That's Allen. Allen, that's it.
Speaker 1: Call it, call him morons, Call him morons some more, Bob, because you know that's.
Speaker 2: Really good for good.
Speaker 5: You've got to accept what they voted for for the next year three and a half years.
Speaker 1: I think there are a lot of people who voted for him who are quite happy. And again you keep calling him morons.
Speaker 6: You're gonna You're going.
Speaker 1: To persuade them, Bob. You you are quite a rhetoricician. You're very good at what you do.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a great.
Speaker 5: Time your job one of these days.
Speaker 2: Uh, you gotta Yeah.
Speaker 1: What you got to do, Bob, is this if you if you'd like my job, what you have to do is you've got to study hard. You got to get a couple of degrees. Uh, and then you got to work in television.
Speaker 5: I got to do your degree.
Speaker 2: You got what you got to.
Speaker 5: Do, your college degree.
Speaker 1: Well, you're more than qualified. More than qualified, Bob. What you should do is send a resume tape to w b Z uh and and maybe they'll hire you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't think so.
Speaker 5: I'm too old to do this stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How old are you, Bob?
Speaker 5: Seventy five?
Speaker 2: You're a young man. Come on, Bob, don't restimate yourself.
Speaker 5: How old are you?
Speaker 2: I'm older than that.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, you guys sound young anyways, I.
Speaker 2: Think young too. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Bob, appreciate your call, kind words. Let's keep rolling here. Let me go to Mike and Brighton. Mike, you next to the Night right ahead.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, I was gonna say something about the you know, the the brick throwing there and Brookline. Yes, uh, you know, here's some something. You know, there's other people who could be possibly blame for this, name namely the namely, namely the protest almost the same area, maybe a quarter mile away Colas Corner. They have they have the the the anti Israel, free Palestine protests right there. You had a drive through a couple of these and uh and then they you free gaysa you know, with the signs and uh and they and then they wonder why somebody somebody turns around and uh, you know, and takes them up on it and throws the brick at a Jewish thing. I mean, I mean, why, why, why did why? Why why does the town government awawe in a Jewish town you'll you'll wow, antie Israel protests and then somebody takes them up on it.
Speaker 1: Well, there was a Supreme Court decision which allowed Nazis to march in a place called Skokie, Illinois, back in the nineteen sixties, and the idea is that as long as they don't engage in activity, they're allowed to they're allowed to have free speech. And Harvey Silverglade would would understand, and he would explain to you if he were here, that that's merely speech. Now, I would like to have seen the Palestinian protesters gather over the weekend or maybe next weekend and have and show a sign of support for that delicate for that grocery store, that Jewish grocery store, and that would be That's what I'm calling for, for people to do the right thing and say, hey, look, we may be pro Palestine, we're not in favor of throwing bricks through the window, the plate glass window of Jewish grocery stores. That is what I want to hear. It's easy enough for people who support Israel to say that's horrible. I think it's horrible.
Speaker 2: You think it's horrible.
Speaker 1: But our voices would not count as much if it came from the pro Palestinian uh fact, you know, you know portion of our society that would that would be more more important simple as in my opinion, well.
Speaker 8: I would I would say, I would say those kinds of protests should should be where most of them are, you know, in downtown Boston.
Speaker 1: You know, I think unfortunately they are allowed to protest where they want. Uh, they couldnot. There are some limitations and all of that, but they would they would earn some support and some respect if they were to have a group of people to walk there and say we're we're pro Palestini, but we denounce anyone engaging in violence, and particularly throwing a brick through the through a Jewish grocery store, simple as that. Thanks Mike, I gotta roll here because I'm up against it. Okay, thank you. Min to talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Good night. Let me get one more. No, No, we're not.
Speaker 1: Gonna short change anybody. Jennifer, David, Dan, and Tom. I'm gonna get you in, I promise, but but I'm gonna take a very quick break. I'm not gonna short change anyone. We'll be back right after this on Night Side, And if you want to, the only line is six one seven. It'll be tough to get you in, but I'm gonna get Jennifer, David, Dan and Tom. You guys stay right there. Back after this.
Speaker 6: It's Night Side with.
Speaker 8: Boston's news radio.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm gonna try my darned just to get everybody in here. Let's rock and roll Tom and Dennis Tom next on Nightside, Go right ahead.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we always talked a few times.
Speaker 5: Wasn't it true?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 7: I don't know. I'm pretty sure I'm right. Wasn't this guy that did the shooting of the two state the state senators out in I think it's Minnesota. Wasn't he a Tim Watts appointee to a board of some.
Speaker 2: Well whoa whoa, whoa, whoa whoa?
Speaker 1: First of all, Yes, but I think, and I looked at that today, he's one of these guys who was appointed as some sort of a board. There were lots of people there, like, I don't know, you know, fifteen hundred people that were appointed. I saw a little bit of that today. But this guy clearly was a pro life, anti abortion person, and he went after Democratic politicians and the other houses that he visited were Democratic politicians. He had the two Democratic senators on his hit list, So so, in.
Speaker 7: Other words, he was he was a Republican that was appointed by Tim Waltz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess he might have been. He might have been a Republican. He might have been an independent, but he certainly was much more aligned with the conservative point of view.
Speaker 7: I just I'm just curious as to whether or not, you know, you know, what exactly what his uh political affiliation was, before we start condemning the the conservative side, we should find out all that.
Speaker 1: Well, I just say, I would go look at read read the New York Times or whatever the list of people who he had intended to potential Who's on his hit list?
Speaker 7: They understand, Oh, I understand, they're all Democrats. I understand that. But I just I'm just curious as as a baseline, what his what his uh political affiliation is, whether or not he is in fact a Democrat or a republic if.
Speaker 1: He was a rep If he's a Democrat, why would he have a hit list of all Democrats?
Speaker 7: I have no idea, right, well, that yeah, to me, I would.
Speaker 2: Have an idea.
Speaker 1: My idea, Tom and you and I generly tend to agree. My idea is that, as we would say, Latin race hips are loquid of the results speaks for itself in Latin. Essentially, this guy killed two Democratic legislators and states, well, he killed two, he killed the couple. Excuse me, a Democratic State representative and her husband, and then he wounded a Democratic States senator and his wife.
Speaker 7: If I do this, how about if I do a little due diligence myself, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, due diligence and come on back to you.
Speaker 7: Give me a call back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Give me a call back. You go right ahead. I'll look forward to it. Okay, thank you very much, than man, talk to you later. Thank you you as well. Let me go next to David and Lester. David, I got you in a little earlier. Give you a couple of minutes, David, because they got three more.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Dan, Hi, I don't know, I feel a great I don't know if you're a great man like that, gentleman, just saying because as I told you, I'm going to tell my mommy. He took my name and Daniel also, but I called with my second second name, so that we don't when you were talking, we don't. We don't criss cross.
Speaker 1: Could use each other. Okay, I'm happy with that. You go right ahead. What's your thought on this?
Speaker 4: But I will tell my mommy what Another thing my mommy told me is that you know, to always try and look for the truth. The coup is very important, and I was. I was humbled and touched when president President Trump was elected the second time because I listened to him talk and I said, I said to my friends, you know, before he sounded like a three year old during the type of time, but he seemed to have grown up. We just cause us puzzled. I was puzzled because you know, he's a part of me that the nice found a good children to try so so I said to myself, how can you raise such good children and only three years old? The way he talked the twentyway. I having said that in my pursuit of the truth, I just want to say this, I am. You know, I hope the election Donald Trump as America's you know, for whatever president will be, will be a good thing, and that the people who people who say think bad things about him, they will be as wrong as I was in nineteen seventy six when I was interviewed by the Debate at Banner about when you know, just after I'm sorry, after the president Kata had just been elected, and how wrong I was. I made the comment that, oh my god, he come from Georgia next to Alabama. So now it means that what it means is that you know, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well, I got to get you, David, I got to get you.
Speaker 1: I've gone a little over two minutes here and interesting, but I got three people behind you, and I can only give them about a minute apiece.
Speaker 2: So I gotta I gotta let you run.
Speaker 4: On the relevant. I'm sorry, just a few seconds. I'll guess say, let's not you know, let's let's not forget and this is in supportant bubble before let's not forget. But actually his la won the election also, okay.
Speaker 2: So we've gone from kind words for enough.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, he won an election and uh and then there were no further elections anyway.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Thanks David, we'll talk soon. Thank you very much. Again.
Speaker 1: David kind of gets to his point, but it takes a long time to get to the point. Jennifer in Boston, Hey, Jennifer, you're next one night saga right ahead.
Speaker 10: I didn't I just want to say thank you for having us topics. And I don't think there's anything that's a greater importance than this right now. We need to unify, we need our democracy back, and as all this hate it's but you know, we also need the truth and freedom of speech is important, and however we choose to express that I think is important too, and sometimes it can be a little emphasized because the need is there. But that's really not what I wanted to say. What I wanted to bring up was really Gretchen wentmore okay during Trump's presidency when they was when we were voting to the primary, she was targeted and her assailants were were found and they were put in jail, they were prosecuted. I don't really remember how much Trump had to say about that at that point, but I don't remember him being very critical of that. Of what I remember is just silenced. Mostly, Well, he should.
Speaker 1: He should have been, I think I think I think that took place when Biden was president, if I'm not mistaken. Not that Biden had anything to do with it, but yeah, that's that's an example.
Speaker 10: Where you're correct, You're correct, Biden.
Speaker 2: No, but Donald.
Speaker 1: Donald Trump, as the Republican you know, putative potential nominee, should have been should have been open about that as well.
Speaker 10: I think that's a great point, and those guys were supporting him. But it was brought up recently and Trump was asked, would you pardon the men that you were gonna they were plotting to kidnap and kill her, and he basically is unentertaining that thought right.
Speaker 1: Now, Well, let me tell you something. If he does that, he will be criticized roundly on this show.
Speaker 10: Well, I hope so, But can I just say what he said? He said? What he said was WHOA. I think those guys were drinking and they said some stupid things.
Speaker 2: No, I think it was much more than that, except.
Speaker 10: Me too, And look at January sixth too. I mean, part of all these people commit all this violince.
Speaker 1: If you if you've heard me criticize those pardons, Jennifer, Jennifer, please don't mist leave my audience. I've criticized those repeatedly.
Speaker 10: I pated you didn't, but I didn't worry.
Speaker 1: I know, but I don't want to leave the impression with my audience that I didn't. I said that if there was some elderly couple who somehow stumbled into the Congress, that's a different story between people who were beating on police officers. Jennifer, I gave you two and a half minutes here, but I'm flat out of time.
Speaker 2: Okay, you gotta call earlier on that not.
Speaker 1: You, Jennifer. Listen to what I just said. I'm flat out of time. Okay, good, I gotta go. I'm trying to not be rude to Bill and Dave and Dan.
Speaker 2: Dan. I owe you one here. Bill.
Speaker 1: I wasn't gonna get to you anyway, but I appreciate you calling both of you more time. I gotta give you more time next time you call. We're done for the night. I want to thank Rob Brooks, thank you very much. Want to thank Marina who is back. All dogs, all cats, all pets go to Heaven. I want to thank Julie Town who likes that. If Julie's listening tonight, thank you Julie for your time with you on Saturday.
Speaker 2: All dogs, all.
Speaker 1: All cats, all pets go to Heaven. That's my pal Charlie raised the past fifteen years ago. That's where all your pets are repassed. They loved you and you love them. You'll see them again. See gatamor night on Night's side, every one. I'll be on Facebook in about two minutes.