Speaker 1: Hey, you there, thanks for tuning in. You're ready for another episode of my big foot sighting. All right, then let's do this.
Speaker 2: Seen a bunch of rundown no horse towns, where the church at the backbone lows and the bow and the fasting melodies cove in with the bomb man rose, with the roofs run deep beyond the nose of the busy.
Speaker 3: Streets, with the songs.
Speaker 2: Of the South of su Then when I hear the promp porch picking down home rhythm bringing out I Don't Run from Banjung music.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you've had a bigfoot sighting and would like to be a guest, please go to my Bigfoot sighting dot com and let me know.
Speaker 5: My big foot sightings started around two thousand and two in Davis County, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: My uncle owned.
Speaker 5: Quite a bit of property in an area where there was quite a lot of tall hills, deep ravines, and it was right an area where that met into the river bottoms near the Ohio River, so lots of game, lots of dense woods.
Speaker 1: My uncle was.
Speaker 5: Clearing out a treeline in a field and some of the property right at the edge of the hills, right off of the river, bottoms, and he had asked me to come help him, and so my job was to drive a small tractor with a blade on it, and he would knock down the trees with a dozer and scrape them away, and then I would come through with the blade and pick up the roots and stuff.
Speaker 1: And get them out of the way, and rent and repeat.
Speaker 5: So while I was waiting for him to do his part, I was sitting in the middle of the field, and I was sitting on the little tractor, had it shut off, and my uncle's using a very very large bulldozer. He's got it running full blast. And from behind me there's a ravine that led up into the hills, and there was an old, abandoned barn just inside the woodline.
Speaker 1: At the mouth of this ravine.
Speaker 5: And while I was watching my uncle, at one point I just heard the loudest roaring scream I had ever heard, and heard it plain as day over the sound of this bulldozer running full blast, and of course made the hair stand up on the back of my neck and gave me chills. And I turned to look because the roar had seemed to have come from that ravine out behind the barn. And when I turned to look. I happened to notice what looked to be I seen deer, rabbits, and raccoons, any animals that were up in that area were fleeing extremely fast, and I thought, Okay, that's kind of weird, and of course didn't think much else of it, and then went back to watching my uncle. About probably ten minutes later, the hair on the back of my neck stood up again, and I turned to look, and I could just make out one of the door openings of the barn, just inside the tree line, and there was something there and I could see it. It was leaning out, it was looking right at me, and he had his arm out reached up and wrapped around the beam at the top of the doorway to the barn. And I kind of had an idea what I was looking at, but still wasn't sure. I'd watched I think this was around the time that Monster Quest had started coming out on Discovery, so I'd been watching it a lot.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 5: I didn't think this shouldn't be happening. These things aren't here. This is Kentucky either, and those things are in the Pacific Northwest. But here was and it was looking at me, and it was there for fifteen twenty minutes, maybe just watching, and every now and then i'd turn and look at it again and it would still be there, and I could see it lean out to get a better look, and go back in and hide a little, and eventually I just went back to watching my uncle again and it finally left.
Speaker 1: I didn't tell anybody about it.
Speaker 5: I did go back a few days later and went up to the barn, and its was right at the top of the doorway opening to the barn, and I could and I remember its arm being up and wrapped around it kind of steady in itself. And when I went to check the barn height just to try and figure out how big this thing was, I'm six foot three and on my tiptoes, I could barely barely touch the beam running across the door opening to the barn. So this thing had to have been eight to eight and a half feet tall at least, And so I thought, maybe it's a one off thing. Maybe it didn't, you know, I didn't think much of it after that. I mean, it kind of freaked me out a little bit, and I just kind of forgot about it for a while. Then around two thousand and seven, me and a close friend of mine were there at this back at the same place. My uncle also ran a construction business, and so he would haul dirt out of these hills to using various projects in the area. So he would dig down so far and he would always hit shale or something. So me and my buddy went up to the upper areas of the property, near the back end, where it was right into the edge of the woods, digging through the shell piles looking for fossils and stuff, and we were throwing stuff over the edge down into a ravine off the side. And then it was we'd been there most of the day and about the sun was starting to set, and my buddy said, al He said, what did you do that for? He said what?
Speaker 1: He said, why?
Speaker 5: Why'd you throw a rock at me? He said, I didn't do nothing. I said, I didn't throw nothing. And about that time I got hit in the head with one and they said we'd been throwing these pieces of slate over the side down into this ravine, and so we noticed they were getting thrown back at us.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 5: We decided it was time to leave. And it was about a two to three hundred yard walk back down to my truck, and once we got back out of the hills and down along the gravel road that ran up through there, there was probably a probably a five or six foot deep ditch next to the road, and it had cane and reeds and stuff growing up through it that you couldn't see anything down in the creek or anything like that. And so we were walking and then we realized we were hearing footsteps in the ditch next to us, So we start moving a little quicker, and we realized it's pacing us, so we would stop, it would stop. We would take a few steps, it would take a few steps, and finally we got to where we could see my tre truck, and we were maybe fifty yards away from it. We took off at a dead run got to my truck. We're of course freaking out at this point, and I'm trying to find my keys and I'm setting on them, and I get them in the ignition, turn it on, I throw my high beams on because it was pretty it was starting to get dark at this point, and my truck was parked on a culvert where this ditch ran through it.
Speaker 1: So as soon as I kicked.
Speaker 5: My high beings on, this thing came out of behind the reeds, out of the ditch, ran straight out in front of my truck, and then took off straight up the side of a very steep hillside quicker. And I'd seen anything move like that, especially something that big. And it had to be the same one that i'd seen, you know, a few years earlier in the barn.
Speaker 1: It had a little more gray on it.
Speaker 5: The one in the barn was more black, but I could tell it had this sort of a grayish tint to it. I was probably I think I was probably fifty or sixty yards away from that one in the barn. But this one, this time, it was right in front of my truck. I got a good look at it. It was shaggy looking but clean, and it had a little more gray in it than when i'd seen it before. And it didn't turn to look at us, but it took off the muscles in the arms and the legs, and.
Speaker 1: I mean, this thing was just built.
Speaker 5: And the way it moved, I can't even explain how it moved as fast as it did. So we got out of there, and I'm pretty sure I almost broke an axle getting over the railroad tracks to get out of my uncle's farm. Another event I remember, my cousin and I we had built a fort up on top of one of these ridges, actually fairly close to my house.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: My uncle's property where the first two sightings happened was about three miles from where I lived, and so we also lived down into the bottoms, and so my cousin's my cousin was next door, and they were up on other ridges, and so we had built a pretty large tree fort up on top of this ridge with two with a ravine on either side of it. And so one night we decided, once we had finished it, we were going to camp out there and stay out there all night.
Speaker 1: We built a fire, and.
Speaker 5: Probably it was probably getting close to midnight, and we were middle schoolers, so we were telling jokes and cracking each other up, and at one point my cousin said something funny to me, and I laughed real hard, and from down at the bottom of the hill right below us, we heard the loudest solid whistle either of us had ever heard our entire lives. It you could I've never felt a whistle in my chest before.
Speaker 1: It was that loud. It had power to it, and.
Speaker 5: At first we thought it was his dad messing with us, and then we went to check and he was actually was in bed to sleep, and at that point we were a little friked out, so we didn't go back out there for the rest of the night. Didn't know what it could have been at the time. I think that was actually before my first sighting on the tractor, But as I've learned more and more over the years, I've gone back and I've actually talked to my cousin about it, and we agree that it may have possibly been one of these creatures. Now, over the years, I've had lots of times where I've been out in the woods in that same area and I've had rocks thrown at me, I've found tepee structures, I've had more whistles, And the weirdest was a really weird, high pitched chittering noise that I thought it might have been a squirrel at first, but then the more I listened to it, it sounded like monkey gibberish almost, and it was like bouncing back and forth from like one side of the woods to the other. And I was out of the woods at that point when I started hearing it, and I just got out of there.
Speaker 1: At that point.
Speaker 5: Now my uncle's property where it's located. Let's say this. Once I had started researching the topic more, I had people found out that I did research this, and they started contacting me with their stories. And I had one gentleman call me who was a hunter, and he had told me that he had been having issues with something stealing his deer and he had a stand set up on one of these high ridges. And what he explained it to me was he would set up early in the morning, he would get a good deer would come out, he would shoot him. The deer would go down, and he said, no, sooner than he could climb out of his stand. He said, this big hairy creature on two legs would run out, grab the deer, throw it over its shoulders, and run back off into the woods with it. And he said it happened to him three times. And I asked him too, I said, well, why did you not take a shot at it? He said, well, looked too human. And I asked him, okay, so where was this located at? And he said the name of the hill where he had his stand on was named Honda Hill. Okay, well, I have to research this well. That evening I asked my dad, I said, Dad, have you ever heard of a place named Honda Hill? And he goes, yeah, that's the property right next to your uncles. I couldn't believe it. I'm like, okay, well, that explains a whole lot. Then there was another woman that reached out to me and talked about how back in the mid seventies, her and her sister lived in a house down in the bottoms in that area, and I think her sister had gotten up to get a drink of water in the middle of the night one time, and she said she just started screaming, bloody murder. She ran down to see what it was, and there at the kitchen sink window was this pair of big red eyes and a hairy face attached to him, just staring in the window at him. And I think what freaked him out more was the fact that the window, they said, was about ten feet off the ground. They said the screaming, I guess startled it and it took off running, they said, back towards the hills. And then I got more info out of them. The house they lived in was about a quarter a mile away from my uncle's property.
Speaker 1: So the area.
Speaker 5: Had quite a bit of activity over the years, all the way back into the seventies.
Speaker 1: I also.
Speaker 5: Am not too far from Spotsvield, Kentucky, where of course they had those Spotsfield Monster stuff happened back in the seventies as well. So the whole region has just covered with activity all the time. It seems even now I'm living on the opposite end of the county. There's more hills out on this end. Not hardly any bottoms anywhere. There's few creek bottoms, but lots of woods, lots of hills, cattle farms like that.
Speaker 1: Every year, it seems like around.
Speaker 5: Late fall, early winter, we can set out on the porch and we listen, and we can listen for the coyotes. The coyotes will always start up, but then you'll always hear something else howling with them.
Speaker 1: That just sounds a little off.
Speaker 5: And I mean, to me, that's just that just sells it for me, that yep, they're they're out there. There's one of them right there, and we hear it all the time. And I've even gotten my wife to set out and listen to it, and she's even agreed with me that no, that's that's not a cody.
Speaker 1: Whatever that is.
Speaker 5: It's it's howling with the coyotes, but it is not a cody. You can just hear it. There's a lot more force in it, and it it almost drowns them out sometimes. Now more recently, around eight to ten months ago, me and a good friend of mine went out to go drive the bottoms. You know, he had taken an interest in going out, and you know, let's go hunt for Bigfoot. You know, we'll go drive the river bottoms and the back roads and see if we see anything. And we went down in the areas between where I'd had my original sightings and where all the Spotsville stuff had happened back in the seventies.
Speaker 1: So we were it was a.
Speaker 5: Lot of open farmland and just a lot of open flat area with little, little, sparse areas of trees kind of thrown in. And as we were coming around and the gravel road was turning back into pavement, I happened to see a bright yellow pair of eyes that looked like they were eight to ten feet up in a tree that we were heading straight towards. I got my buddy to look because he was watching out the side of the truck with my night vision goggles, and as soon as he turned to look, the eyes closed. But the tree they were in, this was probably a forty to fifty foot tall tree, and the whole tree just shook violently, and trying to get my phone up, got the video up, and I think I maybe recorded just the last little bit of the tree shaking, and then it just took off and was gone, and so were we it we you know, we wanted to see one, but we didn't want to get quite that close because we were probably fifteen yards away from it when the when the whole tree started shaking back and forth.
Speaker 1: Another time, at my.
Speaker 5: Uncle's place, he had and he had a couple of lakes there we could fish in a lot.
Speaker 6: And.
Speaker 5: I would go there fishing quite a bit, even before I had my driver's license. I would walk the three miles from my house to my uncle's place just to go fishing. And I went there one day, and this was after my initial sighting, but before me and my friend had went there, So two thousand and four or five, and I got there to go fishing, and was a little later in the day, probably probably around five o'clock or so. It might have been a after school thing. And I got there and you have to walk The lake level was above the regular ground level. They had built a big dam to build this lake, and so I had to walk up the dam to get up to the lake to fish. Well, I walk up and nothing seems off at first, and I'm just kind of looking around, trying to figure out which part of the lake I want to go to and try and see if I can catch anything. And then I noticed down at the very far end of it, where it's real shallow, what looks like a giant tree stump just sticking up out of the water that was not there like two or three days earlier when I was there fishing, and I'm trying to figure out what it was, and it starts moving and I figured out it was another bigfoot, and it was setting down in the water, and I watched it because it hadn't seen me yet, and it was sitting there, and all of a sudden, I see one of its arms moves real quick under the water and it comes up and it's got a fish and it throws it up on the bank, and.
Speaker 1: I was just dumbfounded.
Speaker 5: I was just watching this and I guess it finally realized I was there, saw me, and slowly, like it so slowly got up out of the water, and it was such a smooth, fluid movement, it was like it almost didn't.
Speaker 1: Even ripple the water when it got out.
Speaker 5: And it got out, it grabbed the fish that I had seen it throw, and I guess there was a one or two more there, and it just scooped them up in one fluid motion and then took off down the other side of the dam, but down into the woods. And I still think it was the same one because it had that real black look to it, but with the little bit of the grayish tint. And that pretty much brings us up to date with where I am now.
Speaker 6: My big foots happened in nineteen ninety four, about ten miles south of Samson, Alabama, when I was sixteen years old. My stepdad and my uncle would take me hunting in a particular set of woods there close to the Florida line, just north of the Pea River in Alabama. And I didn't get to hunt much during the football season because I played football, so I just I waited until season was over, and then then I would go into woods with them and we would do our thing, and when I went in to woods for the first time that that year, I noticed my tree stand was off the tree and was laying down beside it. We had a tropical storm that year, and we naturally thought I'd just been blown off during the tropical storm, in which it very well could have. But we were very you know, we didn't have a lot of money, and my stepdad and uncle were carpenters by trade, so we built our own ladder stands to lean up against the tree. Well, since my tree, my tree stand was down on the ground, I looked around and there just happened to be a holly tree that was laid over against a big white oak tree, and I thought it was a perfect blind, you know, And so I just sat up underneath it for a couple of weeks until I could build my own stand. And in that time I killed two deer out from underneath that that blind and really didn't think anything of it because it was just natural. Was like, hey, it's natural cover. It was wonderful. So we started noticing things we would hear in We would hear huffs, you know, real aggressive guttural just like a deer blowing. But it had more base to it, and it sounded angry, and we just kind of blew it off, you know, and kept walking in and we found a couple of footprints and they looked like bare human footprints. And in that part of the woods and the swamp and wetlands, we were is no person should be back their barefoot. We didn't think anybody would be back to their barefoot. And whenever we saw them, naturally, my stepdad and my uncle, they're practical guys. They're very practical, and it's just they seem to not believe in bigfoot. They seem to not think anything of the such, or that's the way they portrayed it to me. So they just they just looked over it. They forgot about it and kept walking. We found a couple of deer, you know, a few weeks later on into November and the first part of December, you know, we found two dead deer a few weeks apart, not at the same time, but one of them was mangled pretty badly, and it was it was killed. I couldn't understand or explain how it was killed, but it looked like it was ripped, like instead of a bite on its neck, you know, like a predator would do to kill it and then eat at it. It looked like it was ripped open in the hind quarters the legs. One of the legs was taken and twisted like it was trying to twist it off, like something had tried to take it and just wring it and twist it off to tear the flesh to get it off. Most of the deer was there except for the organs. The organs were all gone. All the soft tissue was gone out of the body. Well. They attributed that to maybe there was a big cat in the area, or maybe there was a bear we didn't know about. That's why they told me big cat or bear. I had never seen any big cat paws there. I knew there were big cats in the areas. I had seen them, but they were it was further north north of Sampson. But in December, it was a few weeks before my seventeenth birthday. Late in the evening we would go early in the mornings, you know, before sunrise. We would hunt until about ten o'clock, come out, go home, get us somebody to eat, go back in the woods around one or two, and then come out at dark. That was our routine every time we went in. Well, one day the afternoon we went in late in the evening. I was up in the tree and I'd fallen asleep, like I had done many times, because it was just it was a comfortable day. It was a little warm. It wasn't too cold for us. I mean it was kind of warm, so I was just comfortable. It wasn't it wasn't uncomfortable, if that makes sense. I was just sitting there, swaying with the wind back and forth, and brought myself to sleep. And I don't know how long I was asleep, but something startled me and it was just a snap, just allowed to break, like something was coming through the reeds. And when I woke up, it was staring at me. It was about about seven seven to ten foot, it was in that range. It was really tall. I was looking down at it from about fifteen feet in the air and it was still tall, and he was just looking at me. He was about forty yards away, just staring at me. Dark, really dark colored. He was like a dark oak tree, like a muddy oak tree, that kind of dark fur was kind of looked kind of wet and matted pronounced brow with a little. The eyes were a little sunken, not too much, but it had a wide, flat nose. The body was kind of square is wide at the shoulders, but it came it tapered in toward the waist, but it didn't come in so much that it looked like a v but it didn't narrow. And I just remember being scared. That's all I could think of was how frightening it was. Really scared the crap out of me. So the only thing I could think of was it is either him or me, And I thought that I really thought he was coming to attack me. So I picked my rifle up and I pointed it at him. I aimed for the first shot, and I know I hit him in the center mass, and after that the other five shots, I just kind of cycled my rifle and pulled the trigger five more shots. When the shots. When the sound of the shots subsided, it led out the loudest howl I had ever heard. To me, it sounded like a cross between a banshee and a dinosaur. And later on I heard somebody describe another howl they had heard. They said it sounded like he had two vocal chords, and it reminded me that's exactly what mine sounded like, because it was it had like the roar of a dinosaur, but the squeal and screech of a banshee. So whenever he started this howl this scream, I covered my ears and closed my eyes and put my head down and thought, oh my god, he's gonna kill me. And when the howl stopped, I opened my eyes and he was I saw just the back of him as he was running off into the bushes. He ran off into the tree line to my left toward the river, and kept running. My stepdad and my uncle showed up probably about ten minutes later, because whenever we any of us would shoot something, we would wait about ten to fifteen minutes before we would get down out of our stands and meet up to try to track whatever we had shot, or to pick up and drag out whatever the other had shot. Well, they showed up to me and they said, well, where is it? What'd you shoot? And I told him I just shot a big foot and they laughed. They just laughed. They shook their head and laughed, and I asked, did you not hear him scream? And they thought it was me yelling for them. Somehow, this giant creature sounded like a sixteen year old kid yelling to them. Well, I took him to where he was standing when I shot. We found the footprints and we found blood. It wasn't a lot of blood. It wasn't pulled up. It was just spots of blood periodically, like if he would he would have just nicked a deer and a ran off. As it was, just we found a few spots here and there, and we followed them. We tracked them, tracked the blood to the river, which was about a quarter of a mile away through the woods. You know, we had to go into and out of slews across them. You know, it's just it's just a swampy area. So it's about the way we had to take to follow the blood. For us, it was about a quarter of a mile and whenever we come out of the tree line on the river bank, there was a few tracks in the sand going into the water, and then no more tracks. They were gone. Now I don't know if he somehow went up the other side of the river. I don't know if he went upriver or downriver, because he was nowhere to be found by the time we got to him. So after that, I would try to talk to him about it periodically and they would just chuck on and shake their head. And it always bothered me as why they would never acknowledge it, Like I don't know if they thought I couldn't handle the truth, or if they thought maybe I had accidentally shot just a very tall man and it had scared me. But it's small of a town as Samson is. We knew everybody, and in that area, we know everybody. And if there's an eight foot man in Geneva County, we would know about it because he would have played basketball. That's just how small those communities are. And I never heard anyone else talk about it. I've asked other members of the family and it was never mentioned to them. So that's how I got started into this, and I held on to that story for thirty years. I haven't told a lot of people about it. I wrote it down after it happened so I could keep that memory and remember it. But I didn't need to because it's ingrained in me. I can still see it happen, and I mean sometimes I can still I can still feel the reverse erration in my chest from the how it is how loud it was, and it shakes you. And when you see something like that and you hear something like that, you never forget it. And that is actually what started me on my quest would pop a Squatch Productions and pop a Squatch Outfitters. I wanted to be able to go out and look and try to find and go out and just find the truth. Now I just want knowledge. I go now out and look, and with Papa Squatch Outfitters, you know, whenever we go out and we do our podcasts on YouTube and stuff, I don't take any weapons with me anymore other than knife. And that's it. It's like, I just want the knowledge. So we have pop A Squatch Productions on YouTube, Facebook, on Instagram, we are Instapop Pap and we are on TikTok and that's all I got.
Speaker 3: Well, that's it for tonight show. If you've had a big Foot siding and would like to be a guest, please go to my Bigfoot Siding dot com and let us know. Thanks for listening, have a great night seeing a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of run down, no host towns where the church is the backbone, Loves and the Bow and the Fasting melodies coove in that the bombman rosewe the ruse run deep beyond the nose of the busy streets with the songs of the southa su Then I'm when I hear the promp pot picking down home rhythm, bringing that add on run from Banjum music. Yeah, the sound of a memory brings me back to the bluegrass playing the madaddy Jack.
Speaker 4: It's become many.
Speaker 7: Bins through it, getting through the tea on scrubs and Skaggs bucking name bales to this Tennessee jams.
Speaker 8: There's no other way that I do it.
Speaker 2: And I hit the flow boat picking down on rhythm, bringing out that over run from Banjong music.
Speaker 7: Yeah, something going backwards backwards and double top faking and the sword and.
Speaker 9: The strumming looking tuk staff. There's nothing in the strumming out country boy living mom, and I hit the bum boats pinking rhythm, ringing us that all from from then.
Speaker 8: Of Hysic.
Speaker 6: The city La tras me wild on the two.
Speaker 2: Music cars rushing by with the bass on the sterios to man.
Speaker 9: And I hear the brown bod picking down on them bringing nuts run from.
Speaker 6: Man of music.
Speaker 7: Yeah, something going backwards backwards and double time picking in the sword and the strumming looking tucky stars because something entstrumming.
Speaker 9: Now, count your boy living mom in and hit a bum boards picking down rhythm, bringing.
Speaker 8: Us bad on from the mass heavy, something going backwards backwards, a double Townking and the soul and the strumming hooking took stop because something had those strumming now because you're.
Speaker 7: Both living.
Speaker 9: And I hit a potpots picking double.
Speaker 2: And the mad Chicken Batsman.
Speaker 6: Mama's very sweet tea kind of
Speaker 4: Sounds that old round