Speaker 1: Greeney's Societations. Everyone at Chrich Wilson walking to Fantasy Baseball Live. Today is the twenty sixth of July. As we come here towards the end of July, the trading deadline just around the corner, about three o'clock in the afternoon. I'm as always, I'm here with my good buddy, mister Tim McCleod. Tim and I had a nice little catch up before the show, talking about grandchildren, talking about the terrible weather up in Canada, and then we started talking baseball and that's when I got the pressing. So because Tim starts off with everybody that's injured.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, we had a bonus one this morning in shanel Angeleres's meniscus issue. That sounds like it could be a long, long process and that's a shame because he's having a great year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's only two months left, so with meniscus four to six weeks something like that, that's not that's not horrible. It's not like an a c L. But yeah, he's probably he's probably gone. He's probably done for the Well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the one of the guys on the discord, so uh, he goes by thoughts of dots. I'm not sure who he is, but he's looking for al catchers today. So we were a group of us were putting our heads together and there's not much out there. It's no but but ugly. Brian Servan, Chadwick Trump. Yeah, just watching the game.
Speaker 1: I'm watching the Orioles Atlanta game and Chadwick Trump just uh just made out. So yeah, he's not that good. He did get he did get a challenge call right a few innings ago, So there you go.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, I I'm sure the gentleman looking for catchers will be happy to know that if he has getting Chelge calls right in his league. Hey, that's that's interesting category. Maybe we should start looking at adding that one at some point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's I agree, that would be fun. I will say that I think one of the stranger injuries is Bobby with Junior. Not the fact that players get hurt, but I think it's his first time he's been on the I.
Speaker 2: L that could very well be. He plays a lot of games year after year and back tightness.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's not good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, no, no, I remember the first time I saw that with Christian Yelich And yeah, it's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or it could just be you know, just a pull muscle. We don't know, but uh, you know, it could be Aidan Miller of the of the Philadelphia Phillies in the minor League, still hasn't played yet. I mean he had an ablacious no. I mean, so he had this weird radio active blation thing. It wasn't surgery. It was trying to like bring like you pound your lower back to try to get blood rushing to it to try to self heal it. It's a somewhat new technique that they're doing because they don't want to do surgery on them. Hopefully that will work. But I mean that's you know, backs are baseball players have bat backs. I mean it's a lot of torque in the in the swing.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, and when you start looking at a player like Bobby Wit with thirteen home runs and thirty stolen bases and thirty five attempts and on pace for pretty close to one hundred runs scored on a team that might only score on the Royal Tea, Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's that's that's a big hit to us fantasy, It really is. That's that's going to change the landscape a little bit. If he's out for an extended period.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't heard one way or the other how long he's going to be out. But I mean, Ronald Accoon is getting close to returning, so that's good. And we've had some other guys come back, and then want Sota went out. I mean, it's just these big guys. Because I bet I got one so to and Bobby Windle, a couple three dynasty leagues, and they obviously have been carrying those teams. It's like, oh, you don't even want to look because you just know it's not good on the waiver wire.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. And when you start looking at the players drafted in the first round, I think there's only one or two players first round picks that haven't spent time on the i L this year. All Skeen is one of them.
Speaker 1: I can't Maybe he should, he's he's not been great of late.
Speaker 2: No, he had a good, reasonably good one going. Yes, they struck out a file, but then it just sort of all unfolded. I think it was either the fifth or sixth inning or the sixth inning and yeah, it's it's been okay, but it hasn't been Paul skeenish. I know, you know, we expect more from Paul Skeins.
Speaker 1: We do. It's just the way it is. And uh, Brax and Ashcraft, I think he's pitching okay, though he's given up four earned runs and six innings, but he's in line for a win. But he's now got a four h five eu A. So the Pirates all of a sudden and run into a bit of a wall here with their pitchers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Uh, But on the other hand, the other kids pitching extremely well. They just can't get all of them playing at the same time. I can't remember Jared Jones. Jared Jones, Yeah, he's been pitching very well of later, but I'm not mistaken. But they they've got to get some two or three of those guys firing on all cylinders at the same time, and it hasn't been happening.
Speaker 1: Well, that's all lined up for them at some point with Bobba Chandler, Jared Jones and Paul Skeins, all three of those guys upper nineties fastball, nasty secondary pictures, and then you throw in Brax and Ashcraft is a really good pictures. I mean, that's that's and seth Rnando's coming Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean wow, that could be the Seattle Mariners. Uh yeah, today moving forward to you know, just incredible depth in the pitching that.
Speaker 1: That throve in harder than those guys do.
Speaker 2: So uh yeah.
Speaker 1: But Timmy, I woke up this morning with a trade. There there was a trade on my and my Twitter feed or whatever feet. I don't use Twitter anymore, so it must have been whatever feet I'm using so and I wrote it up for our Patreon members. It was between the Nationals and the Red Sox. And the Red Sox, you know, Timmy, they get on a little bit of a run here and they say we need more depth than they bring in. Curtis Mead, one of my buddies that I've long been had long affection for. He's having a really nice season and then give up calmly early.
Speaker 2: What did you think of that? The first thing that crossed my mind was how bad is early hurt? You know that's because on my first reaction was, yeah, that's great. I'm not happy for Curtis med But weren't the Red Sox planning on a rotation around early in toll? But then again a little longer I thought about it, you know, I thought about the injury, and then I also thought about the fact that they had somebody in Bennett step up this year, and they had somebody in the minors step even more in. Uh, was it? Ierson?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, honestly, you've got a mini waiver war two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, exactly, Yeah, I did that half an hour ago. That's old news.
Speaker 1: Suarez is coming back, Sonny, great pitched. Okay, what would you rather have?
Speaker 2: Would you rather have early in Toll or would you rather have Toll Bennett? And there's that combination because I think that came into play in this deal Rich all of a sudden, the pitching depth.
Speaker 1: The Red Sox have pitching depth, and they dealt for it. But I mean, look, Kindley Early, a lot of people thought coming into the season he was a number two starter. He's not. He's a number four to five, and the data supports that. As I've been saying all along, total he's got the bigger stuff, he's the better pitcher. But Early, he's a nice guy, left handed pitching that has some major league success. Those guys are valuable. I like Curtis Mead, I always have. But the data is just okay with him. He's a step in the bucket kind of guy. Doesn't hit the ball all that hard. It's a good hitter, but he's fifteen to twenty home run guy that's got some platoons split, so he's probably going to be a strong side D eight. He's not a very good defender. Do you give up the lefty? That's a three seventy five four twenty five kind of year a for Curtis Mead, I don't know, man, that seems like an hour to make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which brings us back to the fact how much did the elbow come into play something we don't know.
Speaker 1: I think that's a really good point because if he's you know, if he's got to have Tommy John surger or Brace surgery, then he's gone for next year. So all of a sudden, that five years of team control is down to three and a half to four years, right, because he's he's since spending a year and a year and a half out of it. So I don't know. So it's a really good point, and maybe that's we're gonna find out in a couple of weeks that Connie Early is having Tommy John.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you guys like what I think with Washington. Did they get the highest scoring offense in the game. Okay, they got Wood, they got Abrams, yep, and the cast cast of of hundreds. Okay, they can they can partner with Curtis Meat and take a chance on pitching it because, let's face it, getting pitching under the age of twenty five, that's got even number three four upside, it's not easy to do, you know what I mean. And let's face it, Washington, Washington has to improve the rotation. You know, cavel A, I think's fine. Foster Griffin has got for another year. Well, actually they don't. Foster Griffin's a free agent anything in the next year. So basically they got they're going to move him. Yeah they they Oh yeah, Foster Griffin should be moved at the deadline. That that that to me is a no brainer. They only designed him. I believe on a one year deal. I could I could be wrong, but I think Griffin was a one year deal.
Speaker 1: I will show you continue to talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So again then that's need pitching and it's not easy to come by. So it makes sense as to what they did, total sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one year signed for one year. Wow, what a deal one year, five and a half million dollars. Well, it's great, but yeah, so he he he. He's gonna make a lot of money in the offseason, so good.
Speaker 2: For him, a lot more than five and a half million. Yes, yeah, I could see three years, fifty sixty million, Yeah, somewhere in there. See.
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I liked it for both teams. I think. I mean, I I don't think either one of the players involved, Curtis Mead or Connelly Early. I don't think any one of them is going to be an All Star, like a true All Star guy that makes three All Star appearent. I think they're they're nice players. I think there's more upside. I think I agree with you. It's harder to find lefty pitching at the level that Conley Early is, even though it's a number four guy. I mean, I think that's I think that's way more valuable than a fifteen to eighteen home run guy in Curtis Meat. They can hit a little bit that's got some platoons splits. That's the way I look at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, Boston was obviously treating from his strength, as was Washington. Both of them trying to fill fill holes in their lineup, So it makes sense all the way, right. You know, what I really hope this trade does is for some activity because up till this this deal, we haven't seen much, have we?
Speaker 1: No, And I wrote, I wrote both to our Patreon members and also in our notes here. I mean, it was interesting that Phil Rosenthal, that Phil Rosenthal, that's the that's the that's the that's the comedy guy who Ken Ken, Yeah, exactly, Ken Rosenthal wrote in The Athletic over the weekend. I thought this was fascinating that he's you know, he's talking to you know, all the executives, like why aren't you making moves? And apparently everybody in the American League is waiting to the last minute because they know their teams aren't very good, but they also know they're still in it, which I thought was kind of funny, like like why, I think that feels about right? So you got allows he like, the Orioles don't have a very good team, but they're still in it. The Red Sox don't have a very good team, but they're still in it. But you and we've already seen the Red Sox, as we've talked about previous podcasts that they're going to go for it. They're close, and it looks like that's what they're doing. But others, you know, if Rosenthal's right, they're going to wait till the last minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And the fact that you know, Trek's Google might be off the market, that changes things in a rather big way.
Speaker 1: But yeah, have you have you heard that he's off the market.
Speaker 2: Well, he saying he wants to contract and Detroit wants to stay there all of a sudden, so in Detroit and Detroit is moving to it. In wildcard situation too, you know, a situation where they'll be wild card eligible. So what what do the Tigers do? My cake would be so just you gotta come back negotia in the contracts as a free agent and go for it. Right, you take what you can take in the short term.
Speaker 1: You got you gotta trade them, or you gotta sign them before the before the trade deadline to you know, a gigantic contract. You can't. You can't go in with Scott bars as your agent and hope that they're going to re sign some gentlemen's agreement or something. It's not gonna happen. He's gonna go Who's ever gonna be in the most money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, and it'll be down to the penny.
Speaker 1: Let's see, let's go to the wildcar status here and let's see, so the Twins so in the wild card of the Yankees, Red Sox in Cleveland, game and a half for the Twins still but there they got to be sellers, right, But then, of course their biggest chip and Joe Ryan has got arm fatigue figures the Astros should be. I mean, they're probably still in it because they're at the end of their window. The Mariner is gonna be buyers or you'll say they're gonna be buyers. Yeah, Detroit is three games out, but they've got they got to jump over five teams. I don't know, man, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That that seems to be a bit of a reach to me. They'd they'd have to go on a heck of a tear and they'd have to be betting on the White Sox and Cleveland the Guardians falling off a cliff and uh, I think they're both five hundred plus a bit teams. So I don't see either. I don't see either happening. So, yeah, they need a lot of things to break, right. Yeah, you know what's fascinating is the Rangers behind all world Whitett length for there in first place in the AOS. Now two games over five hundred. Uh impressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but by the way, White were everybody. We were right with White length for We didn't we didn't expect them to get hurt for so long. But he's it's been an us their numbers and let the time he's playing.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, I saw yesterday the news that he twisted or turn did something to his ankle, Like, oh hell, not again.
Speaker 1: But I think he's playing.
Speaker 2: I think they said he's playing. He's playing today. I think you got to get in this first.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question. Toronto Blue Jays seven games under five hundred. There are five games back, which is crazy, right, But they seem like they're out of it, but they were the al representative in the World Series last season. Do they try to do a little trimmy, maybe move a George Springer something. I mean, they don't do big moves, but they try to make a few moves here to to kind of retool a little bit. Or do they keep going for it.
Speaker 2: After what I'm seeing today they're down three nothing to Boston and it is highly uninspiring to watch this team right now. I think they're going to. I think they're gonna look at moving Springer Varshow. I would say those two are definitely on the block. Kevin Gossman's another one that could be on the block. Shane Bieber Okay, he's a free agent hitting in the next year. Yeah, I think they're going to. They're just going to say it is not happening, and they're going to They're going to part with as many players as as they can. They've been hurt by injuries, is no doubting that. But at the same point in time, the past past month and a half has been uninspiring as being the kind way of approaching it. You know, when Chandler Simpson has a higher OPS and Black Guerrero does something, Is that true? Yes, that was true yesterday. I think by one point it was either OBP or OPS or one of them. Yeah, yeah, you know, you can't you know other than Kaso Kamoto okay, and Dylan Cee or any Clement, I'll put him in there. He's had a fine year. Other than that, it's been total disappointment. Blue Jay Len.
Speaker 1: That's all around. Gerrera I mean, look, that's that's theirs. That's their guy, right, that's that's the five hundred million dollar guy that's supposed to hit you thirty home runs. He's got what six?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and some of it I blame on the manager in his loyalty. You know, he's stuck with jeff Off and probably cost them five games. Okay, Well, Louis Iarland was throwing up zero after zero. They well, the move finally got made. But how many games that cost from the main time, you know, hey, in a tough division like that, four or five games, it's a big deal. Okay, So it's just a combination of things. But I think the Jays have to unload some talent as much as it it might hurt, but I think it's the right thing to do. They're going to finish in the last this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look that they've got players, They've got some bullpen guys they can move as well. But the athletics, I mean, Jeffrey Springs, is that gonna is that gonna bring much? I mean, everybody's looking for you for for pitching. Kansas City Royals, I mean, would they move any of their pictures? I mean, the Angels have They don't have much. I mean, so those are the three teams that are definitely sellers, but they don't have much to sell except for Mike Trout.
Speaker 2: Well, you got Freddie Berld and you got maybe Gosman. You know Gosman out there.
Speaker 1: In the National League. Yeah, he's definitely gonna get moved.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there are a few pictures that are gonna get moved, and he Schoogle should get moved unless I agree with you, unless they have some sort of agreement in place, carved in stone, uh and edged into your kitchen table. All go with all all all hands on deck there. Yeah, no, you got you gotta make that moves as simple as.
Speaker 1: That without get without looking Timmy, m hmmm. Freddy Perolt to pitch today for the New York Metropolitans. How many innings did he pitch?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna go with today he was instead of the five inning Freddy, he was a four ining Fredy.
Speaker 1: He was a four inning Freddy.
Speaker 2: Ninety three pitches, ninety three to get through for how many you walk for two? Okay, he just ran everybody to a full count and then they yeah, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Just just not coming together. Tell me I take a break and come back and start looking at some of these games. I'm gonna do an unfair guest. The player.
Speaker 2: You're with me, Tim Yeah, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 1: An unfair guest. The player you were talking about injuries and so forth. There's a player that should have been in the major leagues this season, but he was hurt at the beginning of the season with Tommy John or actually have brace surgery. He is now back, hitting, destroying, just like he was last season.
Speaker 2: Who is that player, just like he was last season? Top ten prospect, top ten prospect, I have no guesses. Texas Rangers, Oh yes, the kid, yeah, Sebastian Yeah.
Speaker 1: Back and will be on my Hot Prospect of the Week a couple of games in complex, think back in Double A, and he's only he's only dhing because it's only I think he had surgery in February, brace surgery. So they're not letting them throw the ball yet. But uh, it's great to see. I mean, like in my world, it's like, wow, look at this.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they're going they're going, They're going all over tawny on them. Eh yeah, I mean if given give him a bad but we're not going to work the arm do it, which makes sense. Yeah, if the cake can swing a bat, he's not going to hurt himself. Get him out there, right, Let's.
Speaker 1: Hope he doesn't hurt himself. Yeah, but that's God was February twenty third was his surgery, So that's February, March, April, May, June, July. I mean, maybe you could throw a little bit here at the end of the season, but they're probably not going to push it at all. But anyway, good to see from He would have been out to me. And you know you're talking about why Lankfort he could have helped. He could have really have helped.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would have definitely made a difference. So I'm glad he's back on the field early. That's that's good news, good news for all concerned.
Speaker 1: Indeed, uh, let's if you do have the Dodgers up on the Mets three to one, Freddy per Alta again with this four were any Freddie Tani. They're not saying TONI might not pitch much the rest of the way because of his of his knee, but I guess I don't know. I'm assuming that's gonna hurt his when he's out there running I'm not sure what's what's going on with Otani? Do you know.
Speaker 2: He's day to day until the playoffs and then he will play every possible second and throw two no hitters in the playoffs to go along with fourteen home runs. And when the Dodgers in other worlds. Yeah, and why push Okanni? There's no reason to push Otani right now. Give him as much we're at rest as he needs. The Dodgers are in it to win it, so they want him as close to one hundred percent as they can get him heading into the playoffs. So it makes total sense. Hey, if you're counting on stolen bases from Otanni, I would say, don't.
Speaker 1: He's only got six for this season. He hasn't stolen a base, and going in the way back machine to less last one I see is make.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say at the beginning of me. Yeah, he's been hurting off and on since and so again they don't need to push him, So why would they. You know, what's happening makes total sense. The better shape he's in come October first, the better off the Dodgers are for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Scoopa's going to He's going to the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Right, that would be my guess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I read something that, uh but oh the Brewers are all in. That's what I read. They might go for a scoopl And then I heard the Rays were all in and I stopped reading the article.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah, as there're the Pirates, as long as they don't spend anything more than they spend on Ryan O'Hearn. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Tim talked about the uninspiring play of the Blue Jays. Wow, six hits, three to nothing, losing to the Red Sox. To the Red Sox and Suarez, my buddy Suarez only got four innings though, six strikeouts, no walks, four hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I make that five nothing now and I got the game one in the background.
Speaker 1: Day, Oh, something else to just happen up. You have to just post it.
Speaker 2: So Brian littles in and like, I don't know who got the head, but somebody just drove a couple runs in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, we've got the Pirates up eight to four. Talked about that briefly with Brax and Asscraft. Pitch better, uh, but still four innings for runs. It looks like he is going to get the win, and from a fantasy standpoint, it's the most important thing. Ryan o'harn with a grand slam my buddy, Ryan.
Speaker 2: There we go. Best money the virus ever spent. Also the most money the virus spent.
Speaker 1: I think that that's just to me. It's a definitely Ryan o hearn is a definition of a late bloomer, a guy that just kind of stuck around, stuck around. It was always platoon problems, kind of figured that out a little bit, developed a little bit more power, and he is a twenty twenty five home run guy that can hit a little bit. He's a good player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I take my cap off. I'm continually ragging on, you know, Ryan O'Hearn in the big contract Yeah yeah, yeah, and the pirates. But yeah, Ryan O'Hearn has earned whatever he makes. He toiled as a platoon player and a bench sort of guy for a long time, got it together and he is. He's a nice little player, he really is. And hey, that's yeah, good for Ryan O'Hearn. You know a lot of these players, you know, five six, seven, eight, nine years in the minors and they finally get an opportunity. I love when they capitalize on that opportunity and you know, take advantage of it because a lot don't. So I've always been an underdog sort of guy. And yeah, Ryan over and I think that's that Bill looks.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the UH at the Washington Nationals game, and I just got stuck on my buddy Harry Ford had that great opening day and Tim recommended them last week and that hasn't hit much since then, Tim, So what's.
Speaker 2: Your shaving it up for the playoffs? Shaving it for the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Playoff run or the playoffs? So yeah, but again you.
Speaker 2: Look at the lineup, okay, And you look at the score six to four, okay, James Wood surprise surprise of the home home run. CJ Abrams with two home runs. That would be five of your six runs. Score today by Washington Radio's got to hit and C.
Speaker 1: C Abrams got. CJ Abrams got twenty seven home runs? Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What as twenty nine? I know? Okay? And you look at the RBI totals, Abrams is up to eighty two.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I would have predicted that to be a full season for CJ Abrams, not two thirds of the season.
Speaker 1: He's going to get some I mean, what's going to get some MVP consideration. Abrams says too as well. I mean they're not going to win it, but I mean that's yeah, those are big ass numbers. Yeah, and you're saying where Brady House is back, I'm not sure he can hit enough, but he is back.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he's a twenty eighty type of guy, and I think he's got an opportunity to play full time. So I start of like Brady House this weekend. Like I said, I think he's going to play every day, and I think he's going to be Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: Is he going to hit enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah? He had two thirty five.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so that's not enough.
Speaker 2: So but you know, you combine it with the twenty eighty potential and that makes him a low win type third base. But over the next two months, so the National is gonna are they're going to make a move to strength to third base, I don't think so. They'll They'll run it out, They'll see what House has, and over the balance of the year, I could see five to eight home runs out of the House and twenty five rbisk, which is useful in our game. Maybe not maybe yeah, maybe not long term, long term but short term, especially in regraft leagues, he should generate some interest and n'l onely so he'll be a big luck by okay, because you know everybody's sitting back wait for the trade deadline to see who switches leagues. So yeah, I said he's not going to be a star, but as an ad to the final two months of the season, I think he's worth recommending.
Speaker 1: In the Nationals, tim they're not out of it. I mean, we didn't really talk about them, but there are two games out of the walk car spot of there are game over five hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, they're not. They're not out of anything. And if Connolly early, if they can get some work out of him, that certainly won't hurt their cousin. I find it shocking when I look at the NL East okay, and I look at the Nationals with five hundred and seventy four runs scored, and the Phillies have scored basically one hundred and thirty runs less. They're up sixty. They're up sixty on the Atlanta Braves like nobody. Nobody saw that coming. There is no way you've predicted that the Nats would be the they score the most runs of any team in baseball. Yeah, people would have laughed at you for making that prediction, but lo and behold, that's where they're at. They're scoring a file of runs. They're also allowing a mess of them. But yeah, it's hopefully they get Early back and maybe being one game over five hundred with the lead today two games over, there are only three games behind the Phillies, and the Brave is once very big lead is down to six games on the Phillies. So it's gonna be interesting to see what happens over the next two three weeks.
Speaker 1: Look, you, when we were talking about the you know, the trade of Mead for Connie Early, you said, well, maybe maybe you looked at it from the Red Sox perspective. Maybe Early has hurt more than we think or let's be reported, Yeah, but maybe they share the medicals with the Nationals. The Nationals think that he could come back. You could take a look at it from their perspective and say, hey, let's make this deal because we could use the help here. And you know the second half, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you need bitching, we need we need hitting. Yeah, it's a fit, that's a that's a type of that's a type of trade that you would make in the fantasy league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. I agree. It's good to see major League Baseball teams are doing that now. So the Athletics are just really and many. They're losing again seven nothing that they lose Shane langleirs And it's just a team that's that looked pretty good at the beginning of the season. And you know, they just Kurts Is back, which is good. Maybe that'll give them a little bit, but they're just not hitting Timmy. They're pitching is terrible. Springs got demolished again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've got no bullpen to speak of. Yeah, they're they're in trouble, big time in trouble. H they you know, and when you start looking at at the division they happen to be playing and yeah, and again you can't a team like that should not be sixty sixteen games under five hundred. Yeah, yeah, no, but again they built that. They built that situation themselves. They moved into a park where I don't know what they're going to do about their pitching. Their offense will be fine I think moving forward.
Speaker 1: But well, they got one more year in Sacramento. They got one more year in Sacramento. The hope is, again I mentioned and I hope this is true, that they can get some physics students from the University of Nevada Las Vegas that can gus I'm serious about this, that can help them figure out the wind tunnels and whatever. In Las Vegas that's going to be an outdoor stadium. We know the humidity is not going to be there, so they got to do something Tommy with scoreboards, with something to try to deaden that environment. It's way above my pay scale and understanding of how stuff works, but clearly shouldn't there be scientists that can figure that out to say, hey, if we do this, that and the other, we can you know, make this more of a fair environment, which that maybe they push the the walls way back.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, hey, maybe they go to Colorado and find out what their secrets successes.
Speaker 1: I mean, but if it's now a second, if we now have we've got two teams now, but hopefully Las Vegas is going to be better. But if it's not now, so you've got two teams that are unplayable, uh for in a major league, in a major league grow I just think that's unacceptable.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and I know they don't care about it, but the rush to acquire Las Vegas starting pitching might be minimal. They might have built themselves a situation where they'll they have to live with what the Rockies have lived with for their entirety. Okay, and that's yeah, well what's starting pitcher? Hey, you know, we can offer you the bright lights. We can offer you free buffets and unlimited gambling, which seems to be major League Baseball thing. Anyways. We can offer all that to you. We just can't offer you a p where you'll be able to sustain an era under five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're not. It's been driven the Rockies can't uh you know, look, it's it's not good for baseball to have a place where balls are just flying out like that and a fantasy. I mean, it just can't. Can't roster these guys. I mean, Cage Jump has just gotten destroyed. I mean it's just is all the good will that he had to getting called up is gone. He's yeah, he's he's been a Sacramento Sacramentarized.
Speaker 2: So yeah, how much would it take for Trek Scoogle to sign with Sacramento or Colorado? Is there a number I think there is.
Speaker 1: Scott Baris is his agent, so there is a number. But if if one of those guys did, you would just questioned like what are they doing? Like why why would they do this? And you would know it's all about money.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm. Yeah. No, it's because we've seen how the Rockies can't recruit if he if Sacramento, Mento puts himself in the same situation, and no, you're right, it's not good for the game. No, that's you know, that's that's that's two problems.
Speaker 1: To looking at White Sox for a comedy. Is this his first home run since coming back?
Speaker 2: I was going to say it is in fact his Yeah, yeah, he came.
Speaker 1: Back on the tenth. Then it took him fifteen days, but he finally got his first home run. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And Jeremy Jeremy Penue with two home runs today and he's hurt. It seems like he's hurt every day, but then he's back in the lineup, so I, yeah, I don't know what's happening there. Blanco for five five innings for for Houston and Eric Vetti for four.
Speaker 1: And a third blockout in a dynasty. He was kind of setting the waiver wire, and I'm thinking, let me give it a whirl here, and I think he might be okay coming back from Tommy John So I haven't played him yet so so, but I'm hoping for long term. Maybe he comes back and be a number four starter for me. Well, speaking of the Astros, Cam Smith has been a disappointment. I expected more from him. I expected bigger power.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I was a little worried about is he wouldn't hit, but I expected more than a two of seven batting average. I mean he's not been.
Speaker 2: Good too, No, he has not. You know who hit the other home run for Houston today, our old friend and buddy, Taylor Trammel.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, really that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's playing in center field. You look at the Astros team, okay, and it's pretty amazing that they're close to five hundred. When you got Way Junior at first base and your outfield is batting catch this. Their outfield today is hitting seven, eight, nine, and Tremel Smith and Dezenzo. The fact that there are two games under five hundred is a credit to Jeremy and your Dan Alvarez.
Speaker 1: Especially your Dan Alvarez. I mean that that that's what I'm monsterrous. So if I'm sorry, can I go back to camp Smith? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Sure, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say he's going to be on my, uh my target list next year. I'm looking at a guy that hits the ball hard. No, there's not much launch, so that's something that he needs to fix. He's got speed ninety third percentile, so there's definitely stolen base. But essentially he's thirteen armed runs, ten stolen bases. His batting average of balls and play is two forty two. With how hard he hits the ball, it should be higher than that. I think there's opportunities with camp Smith. I think there's fifteen to twenty arm run power, fifteen to twenty stolen and I think he's gonna hit more than two o two two eight.
Speaker 2: There you go, yeah, yeah, okay, yeah no. And you're not gonna pay anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna pay anything for him. I mean he might be if he might go fifteen to fifteen this season, and that's going to give people some interest. But if he stays at two ten to fifteen something like that. As a betty, I think there's growth there.
Speaker 2: I agree by the way, man the bells and whistles are going off. Four inning. Freddy's off the hook for the loss because Tyrone Taylor hit a three run homer and the Mets now have the lead over the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: For he's hid a lot of big home runs here in the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's up to eight, which puts him he's at the team leader. Oh no, it's probably total Yeah, yeah, no, yeah. I don't know who they're I don't know who they're gonna move, but they they got lots, they got lots of options.
Speaker 1: I think they're moving. I think they're moving everybody. Anybody that's not nailed down, they're.
Speaker 2: Moving and they're not moving. You ing, and they're not moving.
Speaker 1: Correct, They're not using they're not they're not the kad guys that are team minimum. They're they're they're moving anybody that's got money and they're going to read Love with more money guys next year and do it all over again.
Speaker 2: Wash rents repeat because it's necessary. Yes, Yeah, Tigers have got the lead now, O Dougie.
Speaker 1: And the Rangers are. The Rangers got the lead to two to one over the.
Speaker 2: Mariners Franchiseelde's actually picked pitched five innings for Detroit today and didn't get bombed.
Speaker 1: That's he's been tough to.
Speaker 2: Oh yfore history walks.
Speaker 1: He might. I mean, they might have to eat some of a salary, but that would be a picture that people would want.
Speaker 2: Well maybe left not for the club, club house, not for the club os karma, that's for sure. That's and this is this is just and this is his second year of pitching poorly heading into the second half. I'm not saying it's gonna gonna last like last year, but last year was brutal. I gave UPJJ Weather for Bramber Belt is trying to make a push for a title. Yeah, you know what the title I got was d a dumbass.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's good. I gave you shot there ye coming up. That's that's dumbasses. Better like that. So so the Tigers are up four to three, and uh yeah, so it's oh and we were talking about the Rangers, our buddy White Langford with another hit one for two, uh pitching, Well, so there, you know, it's how they're doing it. Lengthford is obviously it's been all world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's been airing it up since he came back there's no.
Speaker 1: I mean they don't have a lot of boppers in that lineup.
Speaker 2: M No, got some power, but yeah who Miguel Vargus with a two run shot, breaking the tie. The White Sox are now up five to three and one step closer than me seeing Joe Biden. Mall so, I mean one step closer to the division titles.
Speaker 1: That is for sure. That break and it's time to you do to your waiver wire, my friend. I've actually got some more questions for you, but let's take a quick break. Come back. I got some questions for you. To take a break and then uh.
Speaker 2: Wave a.
Speaker 1: Lot of these questions we've already talked about. Uh how a green got blown up all of a sudden. I looked down to him. He's got a seven oh six earra. That's not what I expected.
Speaker 2: No, that's probably about four runs higher than you were expecting. Yeah, it's no, it hasn't been good. I would expect Cincinnati to start bringing up some of the kids, you know, I know I was bullish on their outfielder. Oh it was a Rodriguez. I think we'll see him. Yeah, I think we'll see him fairly soon. Uh, they got to do something. It's just well, when I look every day, if it's not the Blue Jays that are inspire me, who are down six nothing, now it's Cincinnati. You know when you look at some of the talent in that lineup, they should be a lot better than they are.
Speaker 1: It just hasn't worked him. I mean it's just no, just go straight down the line. Besides led La Cruz Alberte really hasn't done it. No, I mean you just it just have underperformed. It's a lot like the Orioles, where we expect that the Jackson Holidays, even the Counnor Henderson has been really good this season, He's not been super stardom like you know, that's what we expect. Now, he just hasn't done it. Adleie Rutchman has been okay where he got hurt. I mean just Cowser's up been very good. Beaver's has not been very I mean just and the same thing is true with the Reds. I mean it's just like they come up, they have a lot of fanfare and they just say it, they're.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, he's not okay, He's not good enough, you know what I mean, Like I haven't looked closely. You know, South Stewart's had a great year, very much and Eli, Yeah, but after that, I don't know what Spencer Steeer has done this year.
Speaker 1: Not much.
Speaker 2: Dane Myers in center field today, Edwin Arroyo hasn't he hasn't rocked anybody's world. You know, they got Martez now back on the bench, Friedel's on the bench. It's just, hey, I know the injury to Matt McClain hurt and Nick Rudolo.
Speaker 1: And I guess it did, Yeah that that hurt. Yeah, but still you got to have enough to be But even when Matt McClain was playing, this is a guy that was supposed to be potential star level talent and he's just not.
Speaker 2: And no I need yeah, yeah, you look at the rotation. Okay, you got hundred green, Andrew Abbott's solid, Chase burn is a great young but your Brady Singer. You would expect with those four that you would have a little bit better record than what you got. I think what they've got to do is they've got to they've they've got to got some of those bats and get some give some of the younger players a shot. I bet betting on it. Happening.
Speaker 1: Dylan sees tem Me with another gem. I know there's been a lot of talking about Kem Schlittler winning the cy Young, but Dylan sees my friend is right there. He's only won seven games, and part of that that it's because the Blue Jays are terrible. But he's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he has. I think he went to one hundred and twenty pitches somewhere in that range yesterday, and I know in the ninth inning after he allowed to walk, he just sort of brushed his glove one of those towards the dugout and said, nah, I'm going to finish this or up and he did. He's been outstanding. Yeah, definitely, between him and Okamodo, the highlights for the Jays this year.
Speaker 1: It's got a bit of a rubber arm, you know. I'm looking back to twenty twenty one, one hundred and sixty five innings, four one seventy seven, eight nine, one sixty eight one there. I mean, this the guy that just has not been hurt.
Speaker 2: No, and I think he's going to be a workhorse until the day, isn't it. And when that happens, it's going to be rather sudden. But no, a great performance, and you know what was what was fascinating. I was listening to part of the post game on that his lost he in the first inning was on the fastball. It was like ninety three, ninety four, and instantly there's red flags, danger, Will Robinson posts going up all over Twitter, what's wrong with you know, what's what's wrong with Dylan Cees? And in the post game he said that his arm just didn't Yeah, it felt fine, but it just wasn't happening. And by the second inning, the velosity was back up and everything was good, and he threw the most pitches he's thrown, I think in his career. So it was really weird to watch. He didn't have any he didn't say he had arm problems or anything along those lines. It was just the velosity just wasn't there.
Speaker 1: His dead arm lasted a half in any yes here for three weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was just bizarre. Like he said, there was no reason for it. He didn't feel the arm, didn't feel bad. He felt it felt a little tight, but loosened up in the second ending and he's back in ninety five to ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Right, as I mentioned before, Once Soto hits the eel with a great two strain, not good tim that's usually more than two or three weeks. I'm wanting to see Juan Soto back this season.
Speaker 2: It is a possibility. Don't you know? His calf is calved more?
Speaker 1: Can we say bad season? He doesn't like Francisco Lindor. I mean, I mean, I don't know, man. It doesn't feel good. And I got him in a couple of they I don't know what to do. I mean, I'm putting Tyler Solder stroll for him. That's that's what I'm doing. In one league. I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: There is nothing to do, Ecuce. I've said it out and hope for better days ahead. It is disappointing though that how many more years do they have in that contract? Seventeen?
Speaker 1: Yes, he's still really young too. I think he is fine. They look we talked about it at NASE. I think they got to do something with that clubhouse and the Team's just that there's too much talent on that team for them to be as bad as they are. And I hate words like playing on inspiring baseball and because I mean, I always feel like it's it's about the date, It's about what these guys can do. But the Mets, the Blue Jays, they're all uninspiring. Man, they just look like they're going through the motions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the problem, the thing that bothers me about the Soto situations. They can resolve that club host problem. But does that mean the next guy they bring in isn't going to be the same thing? Like at some point in time, don't the players just have to play and live with then live with the fact that they might not actually be fishing buddies with all their teammates, but they still got to get out there and do their job.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if the if the Mets bring in two three players that he doesn't like, he's had runnings with it in the past, do we see the same thing all over again.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He's one sort of that important to an organization that he can dictate certain things. I look, I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Know, I know it's I know it's fictional, but my wife and I are rewatching Ted Lasso. I don't know, if you've ever seen at the Apple show of the soccer coach, it's wonderful. He's uh, he's this Kansas City, He's a came from a coaching a Kansas City college program and he goes over. He's having problems with his wife, and his wife basically, we need to take a break. So he takes this job coaching a premier football team. He knows nothing about soccer at all, and he goes over and it's this warm, positive energy that he brings that's this folksy kind of Midwestern style, and it's just like a wonderful show. It's just a wonderful show. But it also shows like how he was able to work with the players and they had all these big stars on the team and nobody was working together, and just like a calming presence of what a manager can provide. I'm wondering if some of these teams need some of that. I mean, because the talent is there. I mean, nobody has as much talent. A few teams have as much talent as the as the Mets do. And the World Series runner up is the same kind of role. I mean, is there a problem at the top because that is the role of the managers to make that team cohesive. They're just not well.
Speaker 2: No, maybe you don't need baseball people as managers. What you need is a combination social worker psychiatrist.
Speaker 1: So there's on this Ted Lasso. There is a woman who is and a lot of teams have this as sports psychologists that are there and these guys pump these guys up, and a lot of teams have those either or half those people on call are actually have them on staff. I think the Dodgers have two of them, if I'm not mistaken. So it just shows you how important were the better teams put their moneies. The Rockies don't have anybody. Just in case you're wondering, now.
Speaker 2: You tell them to go down to the barbershop or the bar neighborhood bar and talk to the guy who normal fix you up. He knows there you go.
Speaker 1: Uh, let's see if I got any other questions here for you. I've now lost my notes here. Oh let's see, here we go, reports Ken Rosenthal. Oh, Nick Kurtz are back.
Speaker 2: So that's that's okay. Thing. So and hopefully Angel Martinez riche Grubert's deform. He's off to a slow start coming back and the broken, but the Angel Martinez is back as well.
Speaker 1: So solid. All right to me. Let's go to your waiver wear my friend. Uh. Ten ten players on the wave. We're wearing another three on the Closer Report. How how is it trying to figure out looking for players? How do you feel the depth of the players you provide at et cetera. Well, it was, it was.
Speaker 2: It was tough. There hasn't been a lot happening, and you know, there were there were some late minute editions because of the Mead trade. Okay, I found some names, but it's it's a little bit later than I was expecting, hoping to see more happening in the real game as we approached trade deadline. I'm sure next week and the week after, especially next week, hopefully we're going to see some activity this week and it won't be all last minute on the Monday, because for purposes of our game, that's not really what we want. It was, it was, it was tough sliding this week. Rich.
Speaker 1: We might have to do a special podcast on like Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, I think that might be a good idea based on what we're seeing early on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Or so all right, let's get into it. We got oh boy, c yep, there we go. CS leads it off Christen and perne on Strand Now with the Baltimore Orioles.
Speaker 2: Yes, been tearing it up. Yeah, they called him up. Five games, three homers, nine RBIs eight or nineteen at the dish. Kobe Mayo's got problems. If he's not looking over his shoulder, he should be. So he's starting to lose time already, and I could I could see that trend continuing moving forward.
Speaker 1: Well, Kobe Mayo can hit home runs, but he's striking out a third of the time and he never walks. Yes, and it's this is I mean a guy with an on base percentage of two sixty three. That's not a major league baseball player. So I don't care if you can't hit twenty twenty five arm runs and not a major league baseball player. So yet another one of the Bootimore oriole guys that just has not taken the next step. You look like a at miss prospect and he missed him.
Speaker 2: Yep, it hasn't worked out well. So I don't think.
Speaker 1: You can strand is not the answer either, my friend.
Speaker 2: No, he might be short He might be short term though.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I mean I get that. It's a fine inclusion, but I don't think we're going to see the Orioles announcing a long term contract in three years for cees, I would find that highly unusual.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would think the odds, yeah, are not stacked in that direction. But short term, hey, any anybody can be a star for two three weeks, and two three weeks were at the stardom in our fantasy rosters at this time of the year can go a long way in getting you into the money.
Speaker 1: I mean, we had a segment on our Friday show, I know one week that had when will they get demoted? And Kobe Mayo was in that list. He survived, and I don't think for much longer. I just think this is gonna end. This is gonna end poorly for him.
Speaker 2: Agreed.
Speaker 1: Next guy is ty France.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who thought we'd have to go to France to get first base? Lfay?
Speaker 1: You want you want to? You want to rimshot? All right? Yeah? Okay, I was looking at the splits of of of Kobe Mayo, so that's what I was doing. So, Uh, okay, Kobe Mayo hitting two eighty against left handed pitching, that's pretty good, right runs? Do you care to venture what he's hitting against right handed pitching? Uh?
Speaker 2: One with three home runs? Because I think he's got thirteen total.
Speaker 1: He has he's one fifty three with three home runs. That's a problem.
Speaker 2: He's overachieving by my standards.
Speaker 1: That's that's a real this is this is not good. This is a guy that's got platoon splits and he's a right handed hitter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and when you're facing three out of four righties versus lefties or whatever, the number is got to be close to that. Yeah, one forty or one fifty three average, it's not good. That ain't gonna work. No, that's I'm good. But by Francis hitting everything.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry to belabor this.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, one hundred and seventy one.
Speaker 1: Plate appearances versus right handed he's got three home runs and twenty four hits. Half as many plate appearances against right handed hitters, and he's got the ten home runs and as many hits. A real, real problem, Tom.
Speaker 2: Yes, you don't want to be rostering platoon bats that only play against south buzzs. No, that is that's right, not good.
Speaker 1: All right, sorry, my friend expound ty France and do your joke again.
Speaker 2: So something I'm gonna get, I'm gonna get. Yeah, yeah, we have to turn to France to get help it for his base. Uh yeah, past three weeks six homers, four In the past week he's driven in sixteen runs eleven seventy five ops. He's only rostered twenty four CBS. Is an opportunity to boost one's power numbers. Take advantage of it. He's playing on a regular basis, and he's he's on a here right now, Go get him a look.
Speaker 1: Let's do one where if we take another break Anthony Ansen, this is you brought him up earlier. You think he's going to get a shot here.
Speaker 2: I I don't know if he's I would say the odds are against it. But long term, Hey, the Boston could go all three tree you savage, couldn't they that's what you want? They could? They could do that. Am I betting on it? No? But I think when you start looking at keeper dynasty formats, if he's sitting in your free agent pool, take care of that.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: I had the guy.
Speaker 1: If any of our leagues are Patreon members, are a member of it, don't already own him. The shame on them. They should unsubscribe. They're not paying attention.
Speaker 2: So I'm in a twelve team keeper salary cap, just a twelve team. I added him this week he was still sitting out there, believe it or not. Monday.
Speaker 1: He's a roster. He's a top one under prospect. It might be top fifty. I don't even know. I don't have my list up, but yeah.
Speaker 2: He's been lights out this year, so this this is more for the future. But I think there's there's an outside chance. Hey, they could bring him up. Why why couldn't they? The Jay's brought up your Savage last year worked out well for them.
Speaker 1: One thirteen. Era is walking a few too many guys, but he's got nasty stuff, ground ball machine. It's good to me to take a break and come back and finish up your list. I have to make a confession jump last week, you graciously started our podcast early so I could watch the World Cup and watch the halftime halftime show of the World Cup with Madonna and so forth. The halftime performance, I don't know if you've got a chance to watch. It might have been the worst twelve minutes of television I have ever seen. Madonna. She let it off, she lip synced it. She wasn't even on the field. They had her kind of singing in a car coming into it. It could have been pre done weeks ago. It was terrible. And then they had whatever the Muppets are in a are in a half. I'm shill, you know you got problems. So the Muppets were there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of people I never heard of that we're singing. It was awful to terrible.
Speaker 2: So in other words, that's twelve or fifteen minutes of your life that you're never getting back.
Speaker 1: It's it's about seven minutes because I bailed about seven. It just was as soon as I saw the Muppets, I'm like, I'm out of here. That's like we're just jumping the shark on television programs here. That expression that's when you know that a musical performance has jumped the shark is when the Muppets come on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's yeah. I haven't waited for the Muppets or anything. No. Back to your.
Speaker 1: Waverward Joonaheim cature with the athletics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, shame shade. Langelaires is Is is down and out. So we got to find ourselves some catchers. So hey, when Jorda him who has hit nine homers during the thirty two runs so far, which is which is solid numbers from from a backup catcher, and he's only rostered to the two and to ten percent. He's going to get the bulk of the playing time and he's playing in that band box for half his games. So if give him a look, Yeah, he's well I think, I mean, he is what he is, So yeah, you could you could get five to eight home runs over the next couple of months with twenty twenty five RBIs and that two thirty two forty batting average. But people are gonna have to find catchers somewhere. I think he's could possibly be the best option still sitting in your free agent pool, So give it a look.
Speaker 1: Brady House talked about him early. Big, big power guy does get a shot with the Curtis need being moved.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Yeah, he most certainly does. And I think he's gonna play. I think he's going to play time, full time, right through to the end of the year. So again, I think he's a twenty twenty homer eighty RBI who strikes out too much. But short term that could be five to seven home runs over the next couple of months with twenty five thirty RBIs. That's that might help you out in your corner corner infield slot. I again, the opportunity is there, and it's not like he played all that bad in his first stint this year, he just, I think, is who he is, and he's going to strike out too much. The batting average is going to be a problem. But if you need some power numbers, he's out there. Eleven percent roster.
Speaker 1: Hendrick Pinaga, why is he back?
Speaker 2: We're we're skipping my Colorado started a good goal.
Speaker 1: I am saving, saving youth, embarrass all right, all right, bring it up. I was hoping it would just graciously skip over him. But Tim by recommending Gabriel Hughes, and he says it's tough recommending him, but yet he goes on to try to convince himself this is a bad ball, Tim.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, whenever you're arguing with yourself, okay, on something that has been proving over a long period of time, I'm just good, it's not gonna work out.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the longest right up of everyone, And so it's trying to convince himself and twelve that Gabriel Hughes is a pickupy. He's not. But go ahead him, please by all means, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I think we covered enough already, Rich, thank you very much. Your hander open ango.
Speaker 1: Wait minute, So let's see in the last three outings only six earned runs. Three at home against the Dodgers, truck out eighteen matters.
Speaker 2: There you go, right, Yeah, he's off to a good start. Ninety two mile hour pastoral. He's got a great extension. Mmm, big gum. I think he's in the top. I think he's somewhere on the extension. Hey, it's a long shot, very much so. But I just how often do we get the opportunity to it?
Speaker 1: It's fun. I'll give you that. I mean, no, no one's gonna have him. I mean, no one is quite to have him. So I'm going.
Speaker 2: To add him just to prove the world wrong. Damn it. Okay, we'll bring this one up later down the road.
Speaker 1: Look, yeah, you've you've got the White Sox call so. I mean anything Whitening can't strike twice with you, So I I will give you that. Gabriel, she used winds up with a with a three and a half array to finish the season off. I will come back and say that you were the lord and master of the waiver wire. But I don't think anybody's still going to pick him up. I'm not holding my breath on either one. Right, Nope, Okay you Hendrik p n trying to say this phonetically, Pinago, Pinago, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think the J's are going to move our show Springer. I think it was going to be an opportunity for playing time right now he slotted into a regular slot. But I think it'll just a little by his value. You know, he's rostered to the tune of four percent, five homers twenty RBIs and I think it's about one hundred and sixty at bats. Yeah, if you're looking for an opeler's going to play every day and not hurt you, I think you should give give him a look.
Speaker 1: I probably included Pinaga and three dozen Patreon Daily daily notes. I've written about him a ton, and it's a fun it's a fun player because he got stuck in High EN. He could not get out of High A, and he came in last season a little bit stronger and it just all of a sudden started to click for him. He moved out of High A quickly, went through double A, gotten a triple A, and then bam, he got a shot. He's a nice little player. He's not going to be a star, not even gonna be an impact player, but it's a nice little player, and it's you got to give him a lot of credit for just persevering. I think it was parts of four seasons he was in high A and he finally.
Speaker 2: Got WHOA, that's that's insane. Really Yeah, No, I think he's Yeah. I think it's gonna be full time at bats over the balance of the year. And I don't think they're going to be bad at I think they're gonna be okay at that's four percent rostered. Hey, if you're looking to try and fill an oatfield goal, I think he's an okay option.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, just parts of four seasons. Twenty twenty one he had twenty four games, then one hundred and eight games, one hundred and fifteen games and twenty two, one hundred and four games and twenty three and then one hundred then twenty nine games. Yeah, so it was pretty amazing. Luis fe which we haven't talked about it at all this season. He's been very not been very good at all. I think he got did he get dfa'd.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I believe so. Yeah, it just didn't you know, he had a couple of good years with the Angels and it just ended with a thud, and very very quickly. But he's now with the Padres, and you know, over the past week or so, eleven for twenty four pair home runs seven RBIs, you can stole a base. I don't he have to spend much. He's only rostered to the two to three percent. But who's to say he can't have another week like he had last week. I'd been a few bucks second base, third base, and outfield eligibility is sitting there for for a buck or two. I take a chance on it. Ring Ethel just to see what shakes down in week two of his tenure with the Padres.
Speaker 1: To the Padres move Mason Miller, Well, when.
Speaker 2: When we when we get down to the closer report, I think I think there's I think there's a chance, and I've recommended war drown. Okay, I think there is a chance that they move them.
Speaker 1: Well, they said they, I mean they apparently they're open to it. So they gave up Lewis of Leo DeVry, So I don't know, we'll see if they get like value in return. I mean, Mason Miller is a monster, So maybe they will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's because because you know, when we get down was a good picture, he can more he can more than capably move into the ninth inning and do a very fine job, I think in San Diego. So if I was the Padres, I'd be looking at it. Get what you can out of Miller. You've got You've got somebody there who can already do the job. It's not how much are you losing versus how much can you potentially gain?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I I it's I think it's an interesting call, and particularly if you think Mason Miller is going to be moving Kendrie Rojas starting picture with the Minnesota Twins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, better known as the other half of the Louis Arland trade off to a solid start. My bread is dealing with a bleak issue. You can find himself on the il and we could be looking a little bit more so. Basically, I went to the Patreon page and pulled off pulled up your review and it's it's a fairly good one. Rich. I'll let you expand from here.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at some other stuff and I've got to talk now. Okay, So two Sam or four Samer the row is reasonably hard in mid nineties fastball up the nineties seven. That's directly from stat cast. The problem has always been his his finding a decent breaking pitch. But it will the slider will will flash plus. But the change up is what his what his weapon is, right, so that his weapon of choice is his change up. So, I mean, I think he's a back of the rotation guy, maybe a number four starter. Maybe if he can find a better spin on a slider, he can move to the number three starter. But I I yeah, I mean I think there could be something there. Again, came up as a Ray and now is with the Royals. Twis I'm sorry?
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I I just saw his last f for yesterday and he pitched well. Yeah, so I thought, yeah, with the health concerns around Ryan and he might be somebody of interest in deeper league. Should be indefinitely an el always.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Yeah, I bet your area of expertise trying to predict when they're going to come up. But uh, I don't know. We'll see if he if he gets the call. Uh. Last guy is James Triantos, second base with the with the Cubs, and I think Petri Ramirez is still playing fairly well with them, and.
Speaker 2: So he's still Yeah, a good game yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought I thought, I'm bummed about Moys's Bellisterius and another guy that I got wrong. I thought he'd be good. He's just was not so anyway.
Speaker 2: James Triantos, Yeah, I was only surprise when he got called up because he really didn't have any place to play. But he's a nice I like Treandos. I think he's a nice little player. He's got a little pop, a little more than just a little bit of speed, knows his way decently on the strike zone. Where does he play, that's the question. And yeah, if you're looking at NL only formats, yeah I would, I'd be looking at him this week. But I just don't know how he fits into the big scheme of things in UG. I was a little surprised he got the call, especially with Yeah you look at you look at the Cubs in their middle endfield and yeah, but you got Nico Horner and zagon base and got Dans we swore and Swans and his short stuff, and then you got Trientos and you know, Pedro Ramirez has been playing at d H. Yeah, there's no shortage of middle infield, maybe maybe outfield depth. Uh, you know, they got Conforto on the bench, so I don't know how he fits into things and why the call up, But I don't think we can totally ignore it because there's some potential there for fantasy free friendly numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah he plays, Hey, one game, just one one at bat, got his first hit, so that's all good. Let's see if he's played. He's played a little center field in the miners, a little right old this season, a little left field, so he's played a little bit of the outfield, but it's primarily been at second and at third base. I don't see as a center fielder, but he could play one of the corner outfield spots.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but you got Ian haf and say, is Suzuki there?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he grow strong in center field. Yeah, it's like I said, it caught me off guard because I certainly wasn't expecting it. But I don't think we can totally ignore it. That makes sense, Yep, I don't buy that.
Speaker 1: I mean, let's take a break, come back, and let's do your closer report. I got at you way some really good names in there. Who who would you be? Who would be? At the top of your list to pick up.
Speaker 2: Who would be at the top of my list? Uh off, this week's we were Let me just flip back to it. A Yeah House, Ring Epo, ty France, those some combination of those three. I would I would probably be looking at at Brady House because he's going to play all year. An Angle an Angle or ring Etho have that same sort of potential. But right now I'm looking for I'm looking for guys that are going to play every day. So that's that's what my focus would be on. Yeah, Ces is on a heater right now, but that can cool off as quick as he heated up.
Speaker 1: But he's right, I mean he's he's.
Speaker 2: Who is that?
Speaker 1: That's Ces?
Speaker 2: You know he's been called up. He's at three homers and driven in nine runs in the past five game in Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Oh in Baltimore. Oh okay in Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I know he's up already.
Speaker 1: Oh okay. It looks like Kobe Man just scored the tying run, so at least he's still getting some So Timmy, I have spent yet another week busy writing about prospect. So if that's what you like, I encourage them and to join us at the Patreon site. Coming out on Wednesday will be an update at top five hundred, including seventy two of the twenty twenty five twenty twenty six draftees ranked within news. So some might have to do some alterations because Monday is the last day they can sign, so that's why it's coming on a Wednesday. Gave me an extra dake. Maybe have to take some times out. But I ran across two guys they wanted to tease our listeners with. They're not in the list, but I went through and gory. One guy is worried details, So just names Timmy, I think funny names, and I kinda would like, yeah, I haven't shared these names with you, so I've had time to prepare.
Speaker 2: But okay, if the first if this picture.
Speaker 1: Winds up on your waiver wire, what pun would you include? That's that's the topic here, so you ready?
Speaker 2: Okay? Okay, pines, Yes, okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: Cameron Flukey just got called up. Cameron Fluky just got caught up. What is Tim McCleod going to say?
Speaker 2: Uh, it's all about the dicection.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good, that's very clever. Anything anything else, well.
Speaker 2: It depends on what team he's with. Okay, if he's with the Rockies, you better be fluky to enjoy success.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's very very good this one. I'm not making up, Timmy. I'm not making this guy's name up. Okay, that's sim I gotta gotta get the team he got signed with. Here, holder for a second, crap, let's see, let's see. Okay, yeah, the Mets in the let's see the Mets. What did they Where did they draft us? I'm gonna get it right. Fourteenth round? So outside shop never appear on a waiver war, but he could, Timmy. The Mets have just called up Zach Krockfelt. What are you going to say, Zach? What's that?
Speaker 2: Oh? Crack old crotch Felt? Ok yeah, yeah, I would say in the four keh round, if you plan on making it, you better get a grip.
Speaker 1: That's correct. When I saw that name pop up, I'm like, oh my, poor guy. Can you imagine growing up with a name like Crotchfelt.
Speaker 2: He's probably got his black belt in some m m A type. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, you were to make fun of my name, you know. Yeah, kid Bro learned to scrap at a young age. Yeah, but no, I would say, get a grip and hey, balls to the wall for you guys.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get let's get to your close report.
Speaker 2: What was that? Hey, I got Now, I got a question for I got a Yeah, I got a question for you. Okay, now that the Marlins have have signed rin Taro Sazaki, he made his decision. He's not going back to Japan. He's gonna His dream was always to play in Major League baseball. Okay, did you include rin Tero Sazaki in your list of players that you added after the draft or did you pass?
Speaker 1: Uh? I didn't even know he signed.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, he.
Speaker 1: Wasn't just I just I will include him if you know, if you feel it's appropriate.
Speaker 2: So somebody's years old, you know, college kid, Yeah, a couple of good years with Stanford.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he decided he was drafted in Japan as well as drafted here. And the money he could have made three, three or four times of money, I believe in Japan as compared to here. But he's his dream. He came to Stanford. His dream was to play in Major League baseball. So he signed with the Marlins. For I had six or eight hundred thousand something like that. Cool story. Anyways, my eighth eighth.
Speaker 1: Round pick, number two thirty five chose to sign with the Miami Marlins two hundred ten thousand dollars bonus. Yeah, so he didn't sign for a whole lot. So all right, I'll dig into him. I did not include him.
Speaker 2: So okay, yeah, no, I was just curious if you did, so I did not. It's an interesting it's an interesting story because of the fact that.
Speaker 1: It was just four days after I Wonder when No No Wonder didn't hear about it.
Speaker 2: So okay, yeah, yeah, it was just a couple of days ago. But I just said I'd toss it. But you know my love for players.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see what terrible record.
Speaker 2: So he is. He's a bat right, Yeah, he's a big beat very bet Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maximum ex of velocity one fifteen point four. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So he hits the ball, Oh, yes, he does. He can hit a long way too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've been burned by so many these Japanese players. I don't know, man, I know, maybe I know. It's number five hundred.
Speaker 2: That would make my day rich.
Speaker 1: Sixteen home runs last year, decent strike out, the walk ratio, absolutely no speed, first basement. Stamford kids. So he's Stanford kid, so he's probably reasonably bright. Yeah, get the Stanford Yeah yeah, yeah, okay, you got to dig into him, Tim, I don't know what. Okay, thank you for the opportunity to now spend three hours tonight looking up for in Taro Sasaki.
Speaker 2: So you're welcome. It's it's it's a crutch for the moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is yeah, okay, yeah, thanks for the reach around, my friend. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: You're welcome at least what you do, and you strive to do the least.
Speaker 1: All right, let's there we go.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you.
Speaker 1: After spending all this time working on all these players to ask about Sasaki. Is he's a.
Speaker 2: Big guy, right, Oh yeah, he's huge, massive, oh.
Speaker 1: Six one two seventy. Just just the kind of player I like the roster. I know that bad body Japanese players, boy chicks, all the boxes.
Speaker 2: No, I mean you might need to break here. I'm lapping at coffee.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's get your let's get your closes report. We got Jordan Ramonto, Yeah we do.
Speaker 2: Uh? I was I summed it up? I thought rather eloqui very well.
Speaker 1: I thought I thought it was funny.
Speaker 2: Actually, yeah, yeah, it loud. Only one run the past seven appearances. Check four saves in the past six appearances. Check currently owns a nine ten check. He pitches for the Rockies. No check, Yeah, yeah, what do you do? Yeah? I think you got to bring the guy up. He's the Rockies closer right now. But what do you what do you do?
Speaker 1: You know, roster the guy that got fired, right, I mean he got het.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe if Gabriel Hughes doesn't work out as a starter.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I mean I will roster Colorado Rockies closers. I mean, yeah, but not not starters. But I don't know. I'm I'm not going I'm not delving into this, but I get it. I mean I totally get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not delving it into it either.
Speaker 1: I don't think he'll get moved because I don't think anybody. I don't think he can move. I don't think anybody believes. I don't think anybody wants them. I'm talking major league.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, He's bounced around all over the place the past couple of years, and he hasn't been successful. He's on a roll right now, and he's got an opportunity, So I think to roster him it's the highest of risks. But if you hey, if you need a half a dozen saves to gain a couple of points in your league, I don't think you can totally ignore that risk at this stage of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got some I've got some team, So I just don't have any any closers at all. I mean, they're just they're just bad. I mean they've all gotten hurt or traded or something. His Era six fourteen expected Era four twenty six, it's not bad. So that's pretty good. Let's see here his fastball still coming in at ninety four decent slider, Yeah, it's still two pitch pitcher. How many? How's he walking? Is whoa thirteen fourteen percent walk rate? Oh yeah yeah, so he's still walking too many?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he doesn't really know where it's going.
Speaker 1: Never has no even worse this year though, because his walk rate's always been like nine eight seven percent and that's up at fourteen percent this year. I don't know what it's been like since he joined the Rockies. But okay, all right, yeah, there you go. First one Eddie yeen e a y.
Speaker 2: E a n Yes, this is my I've had a phenomenal amount of good fortune over the past few years and picking up pitchers like Louis Berland and Gomez in Minnesota, and this is more of this is more of a deep hunch on my behalf. Okay, then that's bullpen has been a mess this year. Clayton Beaders got the job. He's blown five at a fourteen chances, he's walked nineteen and thirty two. There's he's got the job. But Eddie En, Yeah, he throws our a Ady een was just called up. He's got a big fastball ninety seven point six miles an hour. I think there's an opportunity in Washington, much like there was an opportunity in Minnesota a couple of months ago that Gomez seized. And I'm calling this one one of my tim hunches. But if you've got room on your reserver, your minory league roster and dynasty formats, I find a home for this kid, because I think with the general all around instability in Washington the bullpen, if this kid pitch as well as he has and continues to pitch well, I think he could move into a position of prominence reasonably quickly. Okay, so it's a hunch.
Speaker 1: He's never been able. He's never been able to to throw a lot of strikes, and that's been his problem. He's also he's also a sinker change up guy, which is kind of interesting. But a sinker guy is not gonna have huge strikeout totals. But okay, yeah, it's just one of my for in a couple of leagues, I might take a gander.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you got to lose. He's not roster. You're gonna throw a buck for me.
Speaker 1: I get a chance to make fun of you.
Speaker 2: So for me, I've got enough. I've got enough rocky starters and closers on here. You got lots of targets.
Speaker 1: It's a good call by you know, it's a well thought out I appreciate that. I mean, I didn't realize Clayton Peter was was that was not getting it done. And you know, look, if the Want Nationals think they're in, I think they might actually trade for a closer. I mean that could be a possibility as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's entirely possible. All I know is that things can happen relatively quickly in the world of closers. Louis Louis Varland was won this year, and Gomez in Minnesota. Okay, he's got the job and he's owning it and pitching very very well. So you can't have pictures that are just in, you know, the right situation at the right time to make hay And I think tossing a buck or two down at some of these pictures on occasion Kennery huge rewards and it's something I've done very well over the years. So it's a hunch, but for a buck, I think it's an okay hunt.
Speaker 1: Last guy is Adrian Moore John Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know we've talked about, you know, the Red Sox moving Chapman a while back and with with luck and you know that's that's not gonna what could happen there.
Speaker 1: That's not happening Chapman.
Speaker 2: No, not in Boston, Yeah, not in Boston. But it should be happening in New York. You know the Mets, they should be Yeah, you know, so in the event that the Padres do get an offer they like Adrian Mordron moves into the closure rule and he's more than capable of doing the Job's great stuff, uh, proven history. Hey, there's no saying what's going to happen with Miller. But if you want to toss a couple of bucks down tonight on a guy that could be the closer a week from now, I think he's one guy worthy of a couple bucks.
Speaker 1: Good call, love it and let's before we leave. I want to just Scot A. Rosser resource good to the Mets and knowing that the Mets are going to implode that team, I say, Levin Williams and Luke Weaver gets moved. Who do I want? Brooks Raley?
Speaker 2: Nobody. Brooks Railey is probably the guy I would I would think that would get the first opportunity.
Speaker 1: I don't know of thirty eight, so he's probably gonna get moved too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The guy that sort of interests me there as we were because he's on a pretty expensive I think he's on about an eleven million dollars deal over next year. He's big. The Mets signed him for pretty big bucks, so I I'm not I'm not saying that Devin Williams is cheap. He's not, but I think the focus would be more on moving Williams and for se wea we I think there's still an oeeside chance that we were stays in.
Speaker 1: New York two years, twenty two million dollars or so. Yeah, yeah, so but although he's better than Devin Williams.
Speaker 2: Yeah he has and if you yeah, they might want to go into next year with Luke Weaver as their closer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe I think he gets moved. He I mean, this is really good this season. Ten come on, straight out? Yeah, two point four walks for nine and one or a.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Where is he going though? Is the question? Philadelphia in a setup role as a possibility with a Mets trade with the Phillies. Yeah, but I mean you look at the playoff teams. He ain't going to the Dodgers because the Dodgers are getting in when Diaz back this week, so they're deep, their deep, solid bullpen just got a deep and more solid, you know, hoping. Well, he could go to Bolt Baltimore supposedly all in and they could take they can take a shot at a picture like Luke Weaver, and he might move into the closure the Cubs. There's an opportunity for Luke Weaver.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know if I think I'll just be it. I think he'd be a depth arm and I think most of the contenders would want to have Luke Weaver in their bullpen pitching the six, seventh, eighth, an any kind of stuff. I don't think you need them. Remember, these these big teams, they're going to all load up with bullpen depth. And that's what screws fantasy managers at the end of this at the end of the trade deadline, always the closer goes and becomes a sixth inning guy somewhere.
Speaker 2: Right, But when you look at the match, who you who you want in there? Aj Minter, he's still kicking around. He saved some games in the past, where as a Bend maybe.
Speaker 1: He's he's forty years old. They got a bunch of old guys to Tommy that, Yeah, there's really no reason to keep them around. I don't know if you can speculate on anybody at the moment. Maybe it is Jonathan There is the.
Speaker 2: Youngest member of the Mets bullpen right now is Daniel Daniel Duarte, who is turning thirty this year. Everybody else is over thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even singers there thirty yeah wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's thirty four. Yeah, so I for the balance of the year, Brooks, Brooks, Raley or Brazavin or Mintor. I don't see sele Gres being able to do it, but.
Speaker 1: A longtime Orio guy could never do it. There. Yeah, yep, Tommy, that is a that is a wrap, my friend. Great stuff went for an hour and a half made up for lost time that we didn't get a chance to do on Friday. Apologies everyone, I had grandparent duty on Friday and that took precedent to me. What am I going to say? Right, Sometimes you.
Speaker 2: Have to do what you have to do well. At some point in time, your grandkids, okay, we'll be coming to visit you in the nurse home and hopefully they remember all the candy you brought them, okay, and they return the favor. So we have to look after our kids and our grand kids, don't we.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we do, we do indeed. Wow, just a great play by Matt Olsen screaming bassis load at bottom of the tenth inning, Atlanta Orioles Henderson hits a screaming line drive right at the first base and he catches it, tags out, Uh Pete Alonzo for the double play.
Speaker 2: Wow you mean Pete Alonzo? With those fast we couldn't get back to first base.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. He Dove. I just it was just a great play. It's really great play and field brought in. So now they're doing Boy, look at the ties got to go to the runner. It looks like it's they're kind of doing one of those back and forth as you know, instant replace. I'm sure they're going to challenge it. We'll see what happens to me. It is a wrap, my friend. We will see you on Friday. I will be there Friday this week and uh looking.
Speaker 2: Forward to it. Yes as am I. Everybody out there, Hey, good luck filling those injury holes this week. And let's hope, let's hope that all those specclosers and all of the moves were anticipating. Let's hope we see some of them come to fruition because so far it has not been a great run up to the trading deadline. Be safe, bewail, We'll catch your off, writing