Speaker 1: Okay, let me ask all of you, is your life better under Trump? Yes? Or no? I mean mostly obviously economically financially, are you feeling better? Are you are cost going down prices, going down food groceries when you go out to eat your bills? Just overall, do you find now that life is getting better for you, easier for you, that you have more money in your pocket? Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight is the number. Just I want to one quick point off of the previous call. I try to take my kids when I do I do the grocery for the most part, I do the grocery shopping at our home, and I can't get them every time I go, but I try to always bring either Ashen or Ava with me. Why A, It's spent time with my children, obviously, but to teach them how to save money. He's completely right, really completely right. The value of money. John was right. And so you know I will go down the cereal aisle, for example, and say, I don't know special k just as an example, you know, buy one, get one free, and I'll explain either to av or Ashton. Yeah, I get two of those, and they're like, well, why Dad, why don't we get the multi grain cherios. I'm like, take a look, son, buy one, get one free. You've got to learn to save money. And so and the kids catch on and they they look at prices, they do, you know, they start looking compare and contrast. And the other thing is when you go to the checkout. When I go to the checkout and say it's two hundred or two hundred and fifty dollars for a week, you know, weeks groceries, and you know, they'll go, wow, that's a lot of money. And Daddy works very hard for it. I always tell them that I work very hard, so you better appreciate it. You know, Look, did daddy gets you meat? Did daddy gets you all the fruits and vegetables? Did Dad? You know? Ashton loves milk. He's a milkoholic, Ashton, and he's a lactose intolerant. So I always get him to the special milk, you know, lactate milk, and I get him like two jugs because he'll go through that like in three days, Ashton. Look it's seven bucks a bottle, Ashton. That's fourteen dollars for two jugs of milk. That's for you son, don't ever forget it. And you know, my father would do this to me all the time, and Americans used to do this as well. Remind their children not just how much things cost, but how hard the parents work to give the children the basics of life. Don't let them assume it, take it for granted, as if they're somehowing title to it.
Speaker 2: Let them know.
Speaker 1: No, just came off the sweat of my brow. Mommy and daddy work really, really hard, so you better be grateful. It's okay. They're not going to die. Remind them and remind them and remind them and remind them, and then it'll it'll get through. Eventually, it'll get through. Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight agree, disagree Lisa in Belmont. Thanks for holding Lisa, and welcome.
Speaker 3: I have to agree with Grace on this. I think everything not. I went to my high school reunion last month. One of the people in my class said, Lisa, would you like a drink? He said, yeah, I have a white Russian. I'm like Ashton, I love milk, milk, colure and vodka.
Speaker 4: It goes to the bar.
Speaker 3: It's twenty dollars for a drink and the bartender wants a five dollar tip. You had to come back and get more money out of her pocketbook. I mean a drink you go with your husband. That's fifty bucks for two drinks. On the way home. I'm coming home. My neighbor, said Lisa. There's a house for sale around the corner the two point seven million. Get this, Jeff, there was a bidding war. It's sold for three million. I mean, is this crazier? What supply and demand? Okay, Belmont good school system, near the hospital's good location. They don't want to live in Tornado country. You can buy a house sheep down there. But it's nuts. I don't see anything going down maybe eggs and gas. Well, hello, everything else is crazy.
Speaker 1: What's the you Jeff's I mean, Lisa, I don't drink alcohol, so you have me on that, you know, so I don't know how much things cost. If you know, if you buy a drink at a I mean, grace will lord the occasional glass of wine here or there, but you know that's about it. So, but that's that's outrageous. I mean that's gouging. Really, come on, twenty bucks for a cocktail plus oh so Mike. Okay, Mike will go to the bar, you know, sports bar or whatever. He's in my ear saying, Jeff, it's pretty much everywhere. Now, these are the kinds of prices you're paying. I mean, that's not rageous. But Lisa, I've got to ask you. Is this more of a Massachusetts like northeast thing, or is it around the country, you know, like New York is insanely expensive, you know whatever, New Jersey, Massachusetts. You know, we have such high taxes, regulations, you know whatever. Everything in this in this part of the country is so expensive. But I don't know if this is around the whole country, Like I don't know, you think in Phoenix, Arizona, they're paying twenty bucks for a drink. I mean, I'm just you know, or Florida. We have a lot of people in Florida who listen whatever, Tampa Bay, Palm Beach, you know, Daytona, wherever. It's a lot of you know from you know that area. Are you paying twenty bucks for a drink when you go out, let's say, with your spouse or a friend. But that's that's outrageous and the house prices, Lisa, I don't get that. My house is not worth a million. I'm telling you. Wow, Okay, I'm getting an education today. You know, I don't know. Maybe my wife is right, Maybe Grace is right. So talking to Mike first, talking to Mike, and you know, Mike likes to go with his friends, you know, once or twice a week whatever, to a sports bar. He's into sports. And he says, Jeff, look, I'm not a cocktail guy or whatever. You know, I like to drink beer when I go out with my buddies. He said, a Cores light or something, a bud light, maybe five or six bucks. You can get away with that. But he goes the more upscale beers. And there's something called an ipa. Mike, what is that an Indian? What is that called Indian? Okay, he's not totally positive it's but it's called an ipa, right, Mike. All right, So it's one of these, you know, like more upscale beers. Mike says, you're looking at thirteen fourteen, fifteen bucks. I go for a bottle of beer. He goes, yeah, okay, uh geez, you know, look, you know that's the one thing when you drink soda like I do. You know, it's it's a diet coke. That's you know, my kids have soda. I have soda. Well, actually they don't have soda. Grace is cracking down on them. They drink water or juice. Okay, but anyway, I have the soda. You know, it's two fifty and it's unlimited refills. You know, if they're really gouging you, it's three bucks. But it's all the you know, unlimited refills. So you know, I I don't feel it what I call out to eat, you know what I mean. I mean, I mean, I feel the meal, but I don't feel in terms of price. But I don't feel that, you know, the drinks Grayceel, maybe you know, have a glass of wine once in a while. Now, Sandy is weighing in, saying number one that she thinks Lisa is underestimating that her friend may have wanted to be a big tipper, because she says, no bartender is going to demand a twenty five percent tip per drink, and then she goes Jeff. A reunion is a supply and demand situation where the venue is getting a percentage of the bar bill, so the prices are inflated. But then because I asked her. I said, well, Sandy, you know, when you and your husband go out, like, you know, and you know, you like a nice cocktail once in a while, or a glass of wine or whatever. I mean, are you paying fifteen twenty bucks? Here's here's what she tells me. Cocktails when she goes out are fifteen to thirty bucks. Sandy, what the hell are you drinking? Man?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: So, what kind of a super cocktail? Oh, it's India pale ale. Ah, that's what an ipa is, India pale ale. Mike says, it's extremely good. Mike says, it's all the rage right now. But anyway, I mean, what kind of a super cocktail?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Is Sandy ordering? Anyway? Fifteen to thirty bucks? Wow? Sandy says, beer and wine. You're looking at eight to twelve bucks? Easy? She says, Look, the high end cocktails are an exception. But she said, you know, look, most cocktails are about sixteen to eighteen bucks. Holy SHAMOLEI you know, really, I mean, how do people do it? Seriously? How do you do it? Especially? You bring a couple of bambinos, You throw in a few appetizers, you know, you have the main course. Everybody know you know you have a cocktail, your spouse has a cocktail, and if you go for the desserts, you're looking at three four hundred dollars. Who can afford this? Or This is from Maryanne and it was very interesting. She lives in Florida, between Tampa Bay and Orlando. So here's what she wrote, Jeff, It's a good thing I don't drink much because I do like a good bloody Mary. And I'm paying anywhere, wow, between fifteen and twenty five dollars for a bloody Mary. I paid fifteen at the local Mexican restaurant a mile from my house. And it's not a fancy restaurant. It's a mom and pop restaurant. She goes on to say, and as far as the grocery prices, I'm with Grace. You know a lot of you seem to be with Grace today. I'm with Grace. Yes, eggs have come down. Gas is down at TAD, but overall groceries are high. And you must allow for shrink inflation that I've noticed. When I buy a bag of chips, you know, a family sized bag of chips, that's like a regular bag of chips. Now it's two thirds air one third chips, Like I open it up, I'm like, hello, hello, hello, Like you know, you know, are there any chips down there? Hello? Hello Hello? Anyway, so she goes on to say it's absolutely ridiculous. So, no, I'm not seeing much in the line of lower prices. Interesting, Okay, So she says, I'm not seeing much of a change at all. And she said, you when you buy stuff, things are getting smaller all the time that I've noticed. Even you know, we had McDonald's last week. You know, the kids wanted McDonald's, so we had McDonald's last week. They should rename the big Mac the small Mac.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Ashton got me two big Macs, like I always have large French fry and a die large die Coke because you know, I'm watching my waistline, right, so I gotta have the die Coke. I went through those two big Macs like they were nothing. I mean, I'm like, look like they're getting short, they're getting smaller, and it's like the shrinking big Mac. It's a small Mac. Soon it's gonna be no Mac. You know what that old Wendy's commercial, where's the beef? Where's the beef? Like soon it's gonna be like the buns. And okay, I see the pickles, I see the lettuce, I see the cheese and the big Max sauce. Where's the patty? Where's the beef? It's gone? Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight. Are you seeing gas go down? Groceries go down? Am I the only one that's seeing this go down? And are you paying twenty bucks now for a drink at a restaurant like a cocktail or a good glass of wine? Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight. Mark in Medford, Thanks for holding Mark, and welcome. Good morning, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday to you, my.
Speaker 1: Friend, Happy Friday to you, Mark.
Speaker 2: Jeff, I just want to say one thing before I get to my comments. I'm gonna say something that's probably gonna make liberal moonbat's heads explode right now. You know how they have no kings?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry? What Mark?
Speaker 2: The no kings rally? Yes, okay, well Trump is a king, but you know what, he's not the king that they think we think he is. He's minas, Jeff, because everything is turning to freaking gold. Okay, yes to me. Just yesterday we were saying how his uh, his his base. He's gonna lose some votes in his base today it comes out that he's getting even more popular. Can this guy do anything freaking wrong? Jeff, The answer is no, absolutely not. And what I want to say about the Big Beautiful Bill and the economy right now, I do have a question before I get into my comments. In the Big Beautiful Bill, Jeff, I don't know this, so I'm asking you. Did he put in there that anyone making under one hundred and fifty grand a year doesn't have to pay income tax federal incompact? Is that in there?
Speaker 1: It was in there and it was taken out?
Speaker 2: Of course it was okay, Yeah, No, I mean to be.
Speaker 1: Fair to Trump, he got Mike, I think somebody crunched the like they actually looked at the bill compared it to his campaignses. He got nearly eighty five percent of his campaign promises in the bill. He wanted to have no federal income tax for those making under one hundred and fifty and the swamp took it out. And there were other things as well. You know, they always weakened the bill. Six one seven two sex six sixty eight, sixty eight is the number Okay, just before we go back to Mark in Medford. Yes, it is the IPA that you order at at a restaurant or a bar whatever. Is an India pale ale, and it is considered a more high end, you know price heer, kind of an elite beer and apparently the reason why according to many of you, and you all seem to be experts on this, so I take your word for it. It's got lots of hops. Very happy is the way many of you describe it. And it tends to have a higher alcohol content, and all of you seem to be vouching that it's phenomenal beer. And it's about fourteen to fifteen bucks a bottle when you go out to a you know, a restaurant or a bar. It's not cheap, it's not, but like, let's put it that way, fourteen fifteen bucks for a bottle of beer. A yea, yai man geez six one seven. I mean Biden really screwed us. I really, he really screwed us, because you know, it's hard to get prices down. Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight. Okay, Mark in Medford, Mark, buddy, let me ask you, how do you think the economy is doing overall, and are you feeling it, my friend?
Speaker 2: Well, I am feeling it, Jeff. And I'll tell you where I'd like to buy, Like certain things at the supermarket. I go to Stop and Shop, or I go to mockt Basket, sometimes mostly Stop and Shop because it's closer to my house. So I find like I like Romain lettuce. Now, a few weeks ago, Romain lettuce was like almost five dollars for three heads in a bag. Now it's not the three ninety nine certain cereals that I like to buy brand name cereals. They were five six dollars a box. Now I'm getting two for five. The same exact brand watermelons, Jeff. Two weeks ago, watermelons were eight dollars apiece. I just paid three dollars and eighty eight cents for the same size watermelons the other day. So yes, I am seeing things come down. But Jeff, you know, once the drill, baby drill goes into full swing, let me tell you something, Jeff, it's it's game on. It's it's game over for the Democrats, because there's no way they're gonna say that prices haven't come down, and I'm gonna tell you right now, when gas comes down to about two dollars and fifty cents, Jeff, I'm gonna go online and I'm gonna go viral, and you're not gonna believe what you're gonna see me say on social media. They're gonna put it on the freaking news. I'm telling you right now. So when you see people like Maria Baromo come out on TV just two days ago and say tariffs are working, and the only reason why the interest rate is up is because j Powell is handcuffing Donald Trump. But like you said, soon he'll be gone and Trump will get somebody to do the job the right way.
Speaker 1: You know, Mark, It's funny, but I do go to other places to shop. There's a big y that I like good quality meats, and I like their fruits and vegetables. But just like you, there's a stopping shop near our home, so it's closer, it's more convenient. The kids like it, so we'll go. And you laid it out really well. Cereals that were like five six seven bucks, I'm buying two for five. You know you mentioned Romaine Lettuce. Kids love you know what, Grace and the kids love realm. I ain't lettuce. I'm noticing romaine. Lettuce has gone down. Now, you know, it's down a buck. You know, I'm not gonna die on a dollar. But that's what I mean. Like, I'm noticing it here there. It's not just eggs. I'm noticing it. Peanut butters coming down a little bit, meats coming down a little bit, fruits coming, bananas coming down a little bit, blueberries. I'm like, it's not bad now. It was more like five ninety nine, even six ninety nine under Biden. I'm seeing it now four ninety nine, you know, for a quarter of blueberries. So it's a dollar here, it's seventy five cents here. It's but it adds up. I mean it really. You know, my grocery bill, which often would be three hundred, is now two twenty five to forty five, two fifty, so, you know, fifty here, sixty dollars there. I'm saving about twenty five dollars on GA every week, and a little here, a little there, and before you know it, it's hundreds of dollars a month, and that's thousands of dollars a year. I mean, Mike agreed, disagree.
Speaker 2: But Jeff, like I said, when like you said that, when you have people like Maria Bartiromo on Fox saying that, and even financial experts on this is CNN saying the same thing, Trump is doing something right.
Speaker 1: I agree, And I think a lot of it is drill, baby, drill, and it's and you're gonna get more of that in the big beautiful bill. And so as gas continues, I think it's gonna hit two dollars a gallon. I agree with you, Mike, Mark, forgive me, uh Mark. I think it's gonna hit two dollars a gallon, and that's gonna really drive down prices. Mark is always thank you very much for that call. Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight is the number. Let me just ask all of you, okay, very quickly, because I'm getting chastised by Sandy and by Mike, which is nothing new. By the way, Why when I go out to eat, let's say, you know, grace myself, the bambinos they go like, you know, Jeff, you don't have to get an appetizer, you don't have to get a dessert. You're the one that's piling on the bill. No, let me be I don't have an appetizer. Grace maybe occasionally or a dessert. I don't have a dessert. I'm diabetic. I'm Type two diabetic. I avoid desserts like the blade again, Grace, if she feels like it. It's my kids. Whenever we go to Applebee's or Chili's or you know wherever, my kids insist on the chicken wings. If I don't get them the chicken wings, it's like a revolt at the table. And then they're getting a tad more health conscious, so they like to have a salad, but they still have that main course. I don't know how it fits in their stomachs, but it does. And then they got to go for the hole enchilada because we're quote unquote going out, So they insist on a dessert, and yet they eat it all. I don't know how they eat it all, but they eat it all. I've got a fifteen year old teenage son and thirteen she's gonna be thirteen teenage daughter, and she's really getting into sports and athletics. They're eating me out of house and home. So yeah, I mean, I don't know if I'm the only one, but like, I don't want a revolution at the dinner table, so you know, yeah, they order the appetizers, they order the desserts, and before you know it, the bill keeps going up and up and up, and all I do is sit my diet coke. That's it. That's all I do and eat the main course. Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight. George in New Hampshire. Thanks for holding George, and welcome.
Speaker 4: Thanks for taking the call. I've been almost of my thirtieth year for being a business. I'm in the homer modeling and cabinet making business. So this is what I'm seeing for my end. I think we're still in the COVID thing. It's it's like you win, you win the war, but there's there's aftermath after a war. And what I'm trying to say is COVID's still not over. We're dealing with the aftermath of COVID. So people are what I'm seeing is people are locked into their houses at crazy low light rates, you know, hundred to three percent, and until you can get inventory under the real estate market, you can't get a price correction. And that's what has to happen for the housing market. There needs to be a price correction because your scenario is similar to my scenario in terms of ownership of a home. I'm you know, my value of a home is outside bounds. I would never pay that for that home. So by lowering rates, that will entice people under three percent a list their house to buy a new house. And you know, with more inventory, we'll see the market have a price correction, and that's really what needs to happen. So I mean, it's like, you know, everybody's like, oh, it's old, his it's old ancient history. COVID is over. It's not really over. We're still dealing with COVID besides our federal budget and all the other issues that are associated with that. But you know, and I just in people in socioeconomic areas where you know, I wouldn't consider really viable for business are now viable because people are moved to those those areas, those communities, and they think that the home is two times what I would pay for it, or someone from the area would pay for it, and they're putting money into it, which is great because it's rebuilding the community in those areas are a little more run down, But I that's the fog of the COVID thing. I mean, that's what I can ask throw you right, No, you're right.
Speaker 1: I think it's a really good point. Look, I've said this before, and it maybe a tad of a stretch for dramatic effect, but pretty much, I think it's you know, I think it's it's an accurate assessment. COVID in many ways reminds me of World War One. It took an entire generation to recover from all of the damage, not just the loss of life and those who were maimed and wounded, but the economic damage, the social damage, the cultural damage, the political damage. It really scarred an entire generation. And I think COVID has done the exact same thing. Those law downs were unbelievably destructive, unbelievably destructive, and the after shocks were still living with that. So I think you're completely right. And look you're Look here, I'm locked in at a lower interest rate, Okay, which is good. I'm not complaining. But say I sell my home just for the sake of argument. Well, okay, I made a nice profit off of it because the value's you know, gone way up. But now I'm going to be paying the same thing for the same type of home. So where's my incentive to sell my home? There is no incentive unless I move to a part of the country where you know, housing costs are much lower. But if I just want to do a move, say within Massachusetts or within the Northeast, I'm like, well, okay, I made a lot of money on the house, but now I got to shell out the same amount of money to get the equivalent kind of house. So you're right, we need more inventory, we need more supply. Ultimately, that's what's going to settle this thing. George, thank you very much for that call. Really good call. Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight is the number. Okay. I want to ask all of you Kooner country, how are you doing in your everyday finances, your quality of life, your standard of living? Are you seeing your bills go down, your costs of going out or groceries or food or gas, your car payments, whatever it may be. Are you starting to see your situation improve or are you break your take home pay? Apparently now wages are starting to go up. Are you starting to see more money in your pocket? And is that enabling you to buy more and to not be so stressed or feel so squeezed? Is your personal situation? Is your life better under Trump right now? The same or worse than under Biden? Six one seven two six six sixty eight sixty eight eight o'clock. You know what that means? Cooner's call Log, Caller of the week.
Speaker 5: It's time for Cooner's call Log, where we showcase our favorite color from the week.
Speaker 1: I can hear you? Can you hear me? Thanks for holding Muriel.
Speaker 6: I really believe the Democrats they had plenty of time to make their own phony list of people that went to Epstein Island because they were afraid of Trump got elected. You know, that's the way they always operate. They have fake dossier's, they have these JA six committees. They're always after them. And I think Pam Bondi spoke too soon. She thought she had the real list, and I feel like the real evidence could be listed under the way James homies to operate was just change a letter and then it would be filed somewhere else.
Speaker 2: And I have a.
Speaker 6: Feeling the Democrats wanted to cover their rear ends. They had their own thing, and that's why the Democrats are screaming so loud to release the lists, and the problem is all of the people on our side now they're mad at Trump. And I think he's so frustrated because he knows they won that battle, and he's probably wanted to release the list, and now we can't because there's people on there that never went.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 6: The weird thing is it's like none of us know what's really going on behind closed doors. So something happened that we don't know about. And that's why I don't want to jump all over him.
Speaker 5: He say, be here every weekday on the Cooner Report between six and ten am, and next week it could be you on Cooner's call log.
Speaker 1: Please don't be a stranger call again. Yeah, it was a heavy Epstein week, a lot of Epstein this week. I've never in all my years on talk radio on the air, had such a response I had. You know, There's been stories in the past where I got a massive response, but the texts, the emails, the messages, it was just I've never seen anything like it. Many of you felt very very strongly and passionately about Epstein and the Trump's decisions regarding Epstein. So anyway, today we're not talking Epstein. We're talking the economy six one, seven two six six, sixty eight, sixty eight. Trump racks up another big victory. Literally just hours ago, the House of Representatives passed a bill that had already been passed in the Senate the day before, which now cuts nine billion dollars pure cut or recision as they call it, which has not been done in Washington in twenty five years. And it cuts all the money off to USAID, which was the Democrats' slush fund, so a lot of these foreign eight programs have now been eliminated. And of course it cuts taxpayer funding completely for NPR and PBS, and Trump is going to sign it today. Again, nine billion in a seven trillion dollar budget is not you know, it's it's it's small potatoes, but it's still a very significant victory. And again Trump is showing he's muscling legislation through Congress, and the economy now is starting to pick up, at least according to the polls. Agree, disagree, Caroline in New Hampshire. Thanks for holding Caroline, and.
Speaker 7: Welcome call, Jeff. Thank you for taking my call. Okay, but first of all, in terms of President Trump, with Epstein, just you're going to be surprised by my answer, But I think that there's like he said, but I would love to see that man in jail. He was so involved with so many things, and nobody ever talks about the mansion in New York City, but he was actually in Caroline.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I don't meant to cut you off, Carolyn. Can you do me a favor? Can you just hang on. There's just a little bit of an emergency here. We're going to have to take care of it. I promise we're going to come right back. Yes, Mike, Can we just take a quick break? Thank you, Michae