Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Mess Mornings with Me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in. In this episode, we're gonna be talking about Grand Theft Auto six, but hey, we could stop talking about price and start talking about the future of physical games. Yay, it's gonna be a good one because we have Steve Sailor on the show. Steve, how are you doing, Grub?
Speaker 2: I'm doing awesome.
Speaker 3: Thank you for inviting me on to me today. This seems to be a very interesting day for definitely GTA six news, and I'm excited to.
Speaker 2: Be able to talk about it today with with y'all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does feel like a lot of the other news got out of the way, but we got we have some other stories here and then there's plenty to talk about with Grand Theft Auto you know, still no trailer, but they dropped a bunch of a bunch of screenshots. I don't know, we'll get into it here in a little bit, but Steve, Yeah, how you been doing. How you hanging in there? I've been catching your streams here and there. I know you got you planning. You're gonna play Final Fantasy seven for the first time. I think you said that's coming out or did you just did you start that? I just did yesterday. Yeah, I played the demo with back at E three.
Speaker 3: Twenty nineteen because I was the first and only time I was ever at E three. So I don't want to say it was a cause of it shutting down, but.
Speaker 2: You know, I can't can't rule it out, can't.
Speaker 3: Can't exactly, I can't roll it out. But yeah, so I played it then, but it, like I felt at the time, it didn't have enough accessibility for me to be able to play. Not to say that it's gotten any better now, but I figured, you know, I'm a little bit more like tolerant. I feel like that my skill levels kind of upgraded a tiny bit in the past, like.
Speaker 1: You find the way trying to navigate these sort of situations a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I decided I was going to be like you know what I've I've been, you know, seeing everyone loving Final Fantasy seven. You know, it's one of the best Final fantasies, you know, arguably. You know, I know some people say six, some people say ten, some people say fourteen, but I don't know whatever, Uh, for me, it's seven.
Speaker 2: I figured, Okay, I'll give it a try.
Speaker 3: And uh yeah, I'll be playing that and then I'll try to be able to jump into Rebirth eating up to when we get Revelation next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, excellent.
Speaker 1: I have played, i'll say, a bunch of Final Fantasy seven Remake and Final Fantasy seven Rebirth, and I kind of want to see them through. But maybe I could just watch some more of your stream and do it that way. That might be might be the move, But I mean, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know want to be the best stream to watch, but it's gonna be at least somewhat entertaining a.
Speaker 1: Stream to watch. I bet it'll be very entertaining. Yeah, I'm a I am looking forward to the third one, so I'm kind of want to hop a board now that it's all on switch To. Maybe you know, I started playing actually Rebirth on switch To in the last month when I knew I had that Hamagucci interview coming up, and.
Speaker 2: I was getting into it.
Speaker 1: It's like, there's just so many other games I could be playing it, Like, it always feels bad to be playing one that is even slightly old at this point, but I don't know, I play I say that, and it's like, well, then if I'm gonna play an old game, I'm playing very old games.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I really should just get over that and get back to it. That's the thing with me is that my backlog is so like large. Of that there's probably games that like y'all probably would say like, really you have not played yet, And one of them will probably talking about a little bit today, and that's GTA five. I've never played a GTA game before, So yeah, that's one game I'm thinking about, you know, trying GTA five, or maybe Vice City might need some advice for the fifth pigree out, which one before six comes out. So I don't know, Like with Jeff, what do you think should I should I jump into old school Vice City or should I just play five because that's kind of the more modern style of Rockstar?
Speaker 1: I would add, I, you know what, I might actually go with Vice City because you think you might get some of the references they're going to make in this game and my hunches. GTA six is going to be a much more pretty technologically impressive GTA five. Like, I don't know if they're going to change up the way that they make their games all that much, so it might it might be too much of a good thing or too much of a thing. If you play Grand Theft Auto five and then immediately jump into Grand Theft Auto six, you'll be able to appreciate the like how far they've come if you go back to Vice City, so that that might be the move. Don't and don't feel like you got to play through the entirety of Vice City. I would go in there, mess around with the sandbox, do some of the missions, see if the characters strike your fancy, and then go from there. I liked My City quite a bit. That was definitely the one I played the most of the story mode for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well I definitely needed another game to be able to distract me from the deluge of September and October, so.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yeah, I'll go into a fugue state and play something else instead of any of active games for sure.
Speaker 4: All right, let's explain ourselves. We're Giant Bomb.
Speaker 1: Go to giant bomb dot com, slash join and become a premium member. If you do, you're going to be supporting independent games media. We're out here doing our thing, and when we have you at our back, we can keep doing it the way we like to do it, and we really appreciate everyone who has come through and supported us, whether you jumped on right away or jumped on recently, and we do notice that it means the world to us. If you become a premium member, you're going to get ad free versions of our shows. It's also going to get you a ton of premium exclusive stuff that we're doing on there right now. The big thing that we have in the works is the premium blight. So as part of the recent Donkey Kong sixty four stream, one of the the goals we got to was blight one of the owners. So it's outside of the normal Blake Club people. You could also blite Jeff Backlar or Janetchoa. Jeff Backlar won that poll by quite a wide margin. Now we're coming up with a list of games for you to vote on so that we can actually figure out what Jeff Becklar is going to be blighted with, and you can have a say in that if you become a premium member, and then when that show goes live, it's going to be for premium members, So check that out. We'll make that happen and that's exciting, because boy, it's fun when.
Speaker 2: Jeff Backlar gets to play old, weird.
Speaker 1: Games, because it's just sometimes some of these things we'll pick for him are so foreign that it's really funny to see it through his eyes. As far as this show goes, though, everybody, most weekdays, I Jeff Greb will help PASTERR gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make me look smart. If you were watching live on twitch welcome, you could always listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game Mestimore or find the RSS feed.
Speaker 4: On giant bomb dot com.
Speaker 1: You can also catch the show later with chapters and timestamps on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Hello YouTube.
Speaker 1: All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the morning mess with grand Theft Auto six is going to be eighty dollars. Also, you cannot get it on a disc. That is not possible. Let's let's get into it all right here. Rockstar and Take two have confirmed today as pre orders will go live at midnight tonight. I think how this is supposed to happen. They go live tomorrow, but I think as we flip over, it'll be midnight tonight. Rockstar and Take two have confirmed the standard edition is eighty dollars and the Ultimate Edition is one hundred dollars. There is no actually early access version here, so I was kind of expecting that, and I was like, maybe they'll do a seventy dollars and like one hundred and twenty dollars to play it five days early. They're kind of splitting it, splitting the difference. There's no early version. The Ultimate Edition is only a Hunt only and the standard edition is eighty. We'll get into what is in the Ultimate Edition here in a second, but yeah, pre orders start June June twenty fifth. The game is still coming out November nineteenth. You can preload it starting November twelfth, and if you go to the store, you go to Walmart, if you go to game Stop to get a physical version of this game. It is a physical box with a download code inside the case, node game disc at launch. Let's start there, Steve. That seems like the kind of thing you do when you can get away with it and you know you're going to sell kind of all the copies you were going to sell anyhow. And then there's some benefits if you're the company right where the bulk of the people who would be most likely I think, to show up to buy this game and then sell it, sell it into the used market are going to be buying this game on day one. So you eliminate that. Just in one fell swoop, there you go. The people that can't help themselves but to buy this game on day one, but might have been like, all right, I played it, I'm good, I'm selling it. It's still a high price. You eliminate that option from them. And then also this gets rid of the possibility of the game leaking early and some asshole on TikTok being the first person to scoop the game and showing everybody what's going on inside of it. That that stinks, Uh, that stinks like people like even if like we get it right, Steve, this game is going to be too big for a disc, sure, but the disc being the key is nice when it does come time to sell it and get your get some of your money back and find someone else that doesn't want to pay quite as much and they want to save some money and Rockstar just decided and Take two just decided we don't want that to be a possibility.
Speaker 4: So that stinks. I'm not super happy about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say, uh, I like they definitely they decided to pull a Nintendo and just decided to do a game key in box. And I understand, like even sort of the international market, like if like they're making physical discs, if it was too big for a disk, like doing a dual disc sort of thing would cost a lot of.
Speaker 1: Money, and that was never going to be it was you were always going to be downloading the second half of this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I think it like it just even with that long I think the tariff still was obviously like that they had to make that decision early on so that they so that they could be able to have at least something in stores, because they know that there's gonna be a lot of people that are just going into stores being like I have heard GTA six and I wanted GTA six.
Speaker 2: I'll little Walmart and pick it up.
Speaker 3: And still I don't think anyone but I had heard that there was like even some friends of mine who like are in rural areas that it's gonna suck having to be able to download a large game. I mean, they complained about that about Call of Duty, and I agree with them on that on that, so it's gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Again, that was always gonna be the case. They were never thing on four discs or something like that.
Speaker 3: Ye yeah, yeah, So I think that it's just it sucks, but it's just the way the industry.
Speaker 2: Is right now.
Speaker 3: I am glad though, that they decided not to go with the rumored hundred dollars cost route, because hundred dollars for basically a plastic case would have been a lot, and I think it would have been too much. It will be that in Canada though, because with the exchange rate, the eighty dollars turns into probably a hundred I would say, potentially one hundred and ten.
Speaker 2: If that's if.
Speaker 3: It usually is within that twenty thirty dollars markup for that which sucks is then that means that the collector's edition will be one hundred and thirty hundred and forty. I hope that doesn't set a precedent. It's not the worst like decision to have it as eighty dollars, but it's not necessarily or sorry, have it the worst decision to having it a one hundred dollars, but I think it's like it's not a bad price at eighty. It just sucks that essentially that you're not getting a disc with that if you buy it physical. Because another thing like so, of course I talk about accessibility all the time. We call that we I generally buy and other no, other disabled folks, we generally buy physical because the disability tax is that we often don't get a chance to be able to get a refund and digital stores.
Speaker 2: PlayStation doesn't allow.
Speaker 1: We don't know if it's really accessible until you try it yourself, right, exact situation is different, Okay, very interesting, So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then and then we try to go for a refund. PlayStation doesn't allow refunds unless you start download and get Nintendo even says literally in their FAQs, if you had to ask for a refund for a digital download, They're like, no, you should. You should have looked at reviews and screenshots to see if this game was for you.
Speaker 4: That's what I say to that.
Speaker 3: Hell exactly, Xbox they have like I've been able to get refunds and asking for accessibility reasons, and then Steam is like the only one that actually has like a like a more flexible refund policy with you can play a couple hours. So that's why I've kind of transitioned more to PC gaming as of late. But like removing the physical disc out of it and like that to me, like if I could buy it in store and then return it in store if I can't play it, at least I can get some of my money back. But with this, I'm more likely I'm probably not gonna be able to get a refund for it because it's not gonna be on Steam, so I have to buy it on PlayStation or Xbox, and like I may even though I know we have a story that's talking about it may play better on PlayStation, but I may have to go Xbox because at least they're a little bit more flexible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we will get into that here in a little bit. There's plenty more to talk about. You mentioned something like, you know they didn't go to the one hundred dollars and there is one hundred dollars version. We talked about that, the Ultimate edition. You know what, let's let's just say what's in there real quick. Rockstar is also withholding significant single player content for the one hundred dollars Ultimate Edition. That version includes exclusive weapons, vehicles, clothing, safe house vehicles in five businesses that the Standard edition players apparently cannot access. Ride out Customs vehicle shop, Sarah's unisex Salon Stock three zero five clothing store, Electric fing tattoo featuring more than fifty Failly failed design tattoos. I'm supposing that is a real tattoo artist and one eyed Willies off road modification shop.
Speaker 4: So that's the stuff that's in the Ultimate Edition. Let me let me.
Speaker 1: Pose a possibility here that I think I'm feeling like pretty good about this prediction in that it's going to be right, not in the contents of the prediction. When they do eventually put a disc version on store shelves, which I think they will next year sometime, I think it will only be the one hundred dollars Ultimate Edition. I don't think they'll do the eighty dollars version. Does that sound plausible to you?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: I think they definitely would want to be able to maybe recoup some of the cost of the manufacturing if the if the way that the industry is right now kind of continues say into next year, which probably more likely, So I think that that would be a safe bet. And then maybe like one of those like kind of cards or like you know, you go to the thing and be like here's like here's just a digital code instead of just like like thing in box. So I would say, yeah, that's a probably good safe bet for that. And yeah, I think for an Ultimate edition, I don't know, like I think the one hundred dollars, I think it depends on kind of like how you want to like like what is the bonuses you want to be able to get it? Basically for an additional twenty you get like a few of the extra stuff in there that you probably would have to buy in game with, like whether it's shark cards or whatever that like the inking currency, you probably would have to pay the equivalent to that in there.
Speaker 2: I find it interesting about the.
Speaker 3: Like the the exclusivity of the specific shops that it's only available like like what so it's like basically if your standard player you're not allowed to enter those shops, but maybe the the Ultimate players can, Like I don't.
Speaker 2: Know how that works.
Speaker 1: I guess so do they show up on your map and it's like when you like int hey upgrade to the twenty twenty dollars stupgrade.
Speaker 4: To the ulimate edition.
Speaker 1: If you want to actually go in here, that's that's stupid, that's not We've come up with more elegant ways to get people to pay more money for these things, including releasing the game early for collectors' editions. This withholding stuff feels very antiquated at this point. It just doesn't move me all that much. I'll say it's there's gonna be plenty of game there. Although it always feels bad to play a version of a game that feels like it's missing stuff. Steve, So, yeah, they're playing on that fomo aspect of it, like always, and I think a lot of people who are going to show up on day one will just default to that because they will be afraid of missing out exactly.
Speaker 2: And we'll and pull the trigger on one hundred dollars version.
Speaker 3: A question though, that I have once, like when GTA Online obviously kind of hits, do you think it we're gonna like, are we gonna be waiting.
Speaker 2: A year for that? And is it going to be a standalone and you know, you pay.
Speaker 3: Thirty forty bucks to get access to it and then the like or do you need the base game for it? Because I was trying to actually find a way to be able to get into gt online yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was like, I wasn't sure how that works within like you pain a subscription, is it a standalone I couldn't find.
Speaker 3: Like, I was like, I'm just trying to be able to buy this on PS five and it says it's included in a PlayStation Plus. But then if you have a PlayStation Plus account you get access to it. I have no clue how all that works, and like, so do you think it's gonna be hey, hey, forty bucks, you're it.
Speaker 2: That's it. No subscription, You're in GTA.
Speaker 3: Online and then you just buy like the the addition, like you know, like a Fortnite v Bucks.
Speaker 2: Kind of deal. Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 1: I mean the way I worked with GTA five was it didn't launch day one, Okay, it was included in the price of buying GTA five. You got GTA GTA Online as part of that. Now, let's since we're talking about this, let's bring this up. Rockstar describes the November release as featuring a single player experience. They don't say singleplayer experience only. But that's all they say with neither edition or anything. None of the ultimate bonus is making any reference whatsoever to GTA Online. So I think it's very safe to assume GTA Online is not coming day one. I think everyone assumed that, and but here we are. So when it does come, Like, do they have a different business model, Steve, I don't know. I think they will want to sort of just do what they did last time because it worked. It kind of worked better than it's ever worked for any game ever where this online mode being included in GTA five and giving you some bonuses for that online mode once you buy GTA five caused people to buy that game, and apparently it caused people to buy that game multiple times because they would see it on sale and be like, Oh, if I get that, I'm gonna get these shark cards, which are the equivalent of the V bucks. I think I've never played GTA Online all that much, and they'd be like, oh, man, that's way cheaper than actually buying it through the thing. So they would just keep selling new copies of GTA Online forever and ever and ever. Now we're at two hundred and fift two million copies sold.
Speaker 2: Or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: I think it's hard to look at that and be like, we can come up with a better way of making even more money.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: That would require a lot of hubris, and I think even Rockstar doesn't have that. So I expect this to be very similar. No subscription, just gt A Online will eventually launch into GTA six and that's your reason to keep buying that game.
Speaker 3: So you think that potentially, of those who've been playing gt online through five, that they would have to buy the standalone version of six and then be able to jump in like or are they just going to get like ultimate like basically like all the acts, like the immediate access to GTA on lines or six version or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's the real bugger here, where it's like, how do you transition all those players who are still playing GTA five into GTA six's online version and make sure that they're happy with the amount of context. There's so much stuff in five, Like what is we still have zero idea of what this looks like. It could be just an updated version of that GTA online that could be what's happened here, and then in that case, maybe buying either GTA five or GTA six will get you access to the online mode, And as you pointed out, there's been other ways to get into it, like if you just have PlayStation Plus, I think you just get it. At this point, it's been a long time. They've had a lot of opportunities to come up with methods to get people into that game. So I don't know, I think that they have had I think this is one of the reasons this has taken so long is they never wanted to sort of spoil the party that was GA GTA Online, and now they have. Now that we're here, it's gonna be like, let's get this single player story mode launched and slowly sort of trickle out the information about what online is going to be and how it's going to change, so we can make that as smooth of a transition.
Speaker 2: As possible, and we just it's going to be difficult.
Speaker 1: It's gonna if it goes bad, that is a money printing factory that will go up in flames for them. Right if they just olienate everyone that loved online in the last game, and that is uh, that's got to be petrifying to them.
Speaker 2: Terrifying.
Speaker 3: Do you think that there would ever be a possibility that they just would like, okay for those who are playing GTA five online, that it would just automatically get upgraded with the new engine, Like would they would they would Rockstar have the balls Fields like to do that? Or would they be like, Nope, this is a brand new version, different engine. Can't do it where you're just gonna have to upgrade to six.
Speaker 1: It's so much content right that I think it's probably not a non starter. But I'm sure they considered this. I'm sure they considered all these possibilities, and I think at the end of the day, you're like, let's just have a clean break, because if we have something new that gets people more likely to buy the new thing, and then it's just on us to make.
Speaker 2: Sure it delivers and we'll have to see if it can.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here is there are other things that I was going to talk about before we talked about the.
Speaker 4: PS five side of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure we'll get into some of these other conversations as we do that. Sony did put up a blog post about GTA six being best on PS five. It basically says, yeah, plays the best on PS five because if it's partnership with Rockstar, the actual announcement about features mostly focused on Dual Sense, haptics, adaptive triggers, controller speaker effects, things like that. There's also a tempest three D audio one of the features of the PlayStation, although all these other platforms, but you know it's only on Xbox as well, has its equivalent to that, And then they say near instantaneous loading off of the very fast SSD. Now, one thing not mentioned anywhere, including this PS five blog, is stuff like resolution, frame rate, performance modes, quality modes, anything like that. There's no mention of PS five pro and what benefits you might get from get playing it on there. It's just plays best on PS five because we're Rockstar's marketing partner and they're going to put some stuff in here.
Speaker 2: If that is specific for the Dual Sense.
Speaker 1: Now, Rockstar did some decent work with the Dual Sense when it made the GTA five update for that console. But again, I don't know. This just sounds like the kind of thing you say when you have a marketing deal and you need to make it seems, and there's not actually all that much difference between the platforms I'm gonna be interested, Steve to see when we get these games out there and we get the performance reports if the PS five version is just actually better or if it's like now, they're pretty much exactly the same, which is I think my expectation.
Speaker 3: Sure, I think for me, so I will say full disclosure, I am a part of the Official PlayStation Accessibility Council where they have folks of the consultants who I work with PlayStation on making other games more accessible. So just the bear of that in mind, but I think the thing that I like a lot about at least the two features that they talked about with just TEMP three D audio and then the dual sense. I mean personally, my main controller has always been an Xbox like a leak controller. I've always loved that, but the PlayStation edge controller is the one I play on my PS five Pro. And what I love about the dual sense is that, at least from accessibility standpoint.
Speaker 2: Is the touchpad.
Speaker 3: A lot of people just sort of treats the touchpad as just a big giant button, but like what I'm seeing is that some PlayStation studios have been able to like tap into the swiping mechanics on the touchpad, and that kind of gives additional buttons and additional actions that you can be able to do, which on a controller generally a lot of times when you're remapping controls, you're only just swapping buttons back and forth. It doesn't really like yes, it's like you can be able to rearrange things to be able to kind of make it more comfortable.
Speaker 2: But true remapping.
Speaker 3: For sexibility purposes is if you have more buttons to be able to play with, then you don't necessarily need to be able to or at least if you have a simplified control scheme, you can remap however you want and whichever configuration that's more comfortable for you. But at least with the dual sense that kind of now with that touch pad, it kind of adds a little bit more extra so if there is the capability of remapping to the touch but I think that that actually helps. And then also the haptic feedback helps out a lot of blind players to be able to know kind of like I think they mentioned in here, it's like sort of like what type of road that you're kind of driving on will let basically play blind players know are you on the road or you're on off the side of the road. And then the three D audio also helps with being able for a directional like if there's an attack happening to you know, to the back to you back to the left, you can be able to like that three D audio really kind of comes into play in that sense. So I'm excited for just that as far as like will it play better on PS five, Like, as you said, there's no mention of performance or quality modes in there, or it's gonna is it gonna play at sixty FBS at four K and there's no mention of PS five pro support in there.
Speaker 2: What that's going to be, Like, I think.
Speaker 3: This is just sort of like you know, PlayStation basically saying it's like, hey, we're the marketing partners, it's gonna play best on on our system, so you should buy our system. And it's it's just a direct ad fort to be able people to buy PS five's, which is probably gonna have like gonna work because PlayStations are at least, you know, the dominant console right now.
Speaker 1: I mean it worked for like Hogwarts Legacy and that was just like, hey, we have a PlayStation. A state of play about Hogwarts Legacy, and that's the only thing that they really had to like make it tied to PlayStation, and yet that game definitely sold PlayStation consoles PlayStation fives.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I think Grand Theft.
Speaker 1: Auto is going to sell a lot of consoles for both Xbox and PlayStation.
Speaker 2: But especially PlayStation.
Speaker 1: People were asking in check do we think they'll have like some sort of reference to Grand Theft Auto six on the box this holiday for PlayStation, and yeah, they probably they probably will. You know, if they had like some sort of obviously not a bundle, but like a special version of the PlayStations five that came with a dual Sense that had some logo on it, we would have heard about it today. I think they would have mentioned that already, so that seems unlikely, but they will find a way to make as big of a reference to this as possible. Although putting Grand Theft Auto six on your box, I bet that's something you got to pay Rock Start to do, and they probably they probably did make that part of the marketing, but we'll see this holiday.
Speaker 3: You don't think that they would make maybe like a special edition Dual Sense controller.
Speaker 2: I mean, they've done it further films I think they would.
Speaker 1: But if they if they were, if they were working on that, I just feel like we would have heard about it now.
Speaker 2: This would have been the moment. So yeah, all.
Speaker 1: Right, last couple of things. Yeah, just one last thing about the frame rate and stuff. This is going to be thirty frames per second. This is this game's like there was a story earlier this week of someone being like, hey, look, the store is make it a reference to Grand Theft Auto six and it says that has quality and performance modes, and it's like, you know what everyone was like in response to that, saying, this looks like maybe it's just a store auto generating this with AI and just throwing that into the description as like this is the kind of thing you say about a new game, and who knows that this is actually real? And here we are no mention of performance mode, no mention of sixty frames per second, And that's that's where everyone was expecting this to be thirty frames per second. Although again there's a PS five pro so maybe there's more information yet to come, although we haven't heard about that.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I think, like rock Star, like, I think even if you look at like Red de Redemption two, like, which is thirty frames, but it's like like the quality that you're getting that it's still like rivals even games that are like.
Speaker 2: At sixty frames like or a better resolution.
Speaker 3: So if there's any studio that can be able to like really like tap into the performance of a console or of a like a device and get the best quality out of it, it's going to be rock Star Like. They've been working on this for a long time that of course, I think they've been able to they become experts at being able to build for these consoles.
Speaker 2: So I think if it's.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, I have as I have a psfive pro, if they create a balance mode where it just it's combination of quality and performance, I'll take it better frame rate is better for me for my own vision. But you know it's if it's if it's locked at thirty but still looks just as good, and I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They they definitely or did not get hurt in any way by red dead Redemption two being thirty frames per second, right, So they the lesson to learn there was improve equality, improve the image of the resolution, make it as detailed as possible. That's what pays off and so, and obviously just look at these screenshots that we've seen out there, it's clear that that's the direction they win. And it's the thing that like has me enticed as someone who's like, you know, runs hot and cold on Grand Theft Auto. It's not like one of my that's not like, oh if I'm the person that has to have every Grand Theft Auto game when they come out. Immediately I'm looking at these screenshots and be like, h I got to see this in motion and see what this world looks like.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, it's working on me.
Speaker 1: As you know, again, as someone maybe even prioritizes gameplay over visuals, sometimes the visuals can still be pretty wowing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean even with the reason or the the most up to day trailer, I'm assuming we'll probably might get a trailer tomorrow, but like that, yeah, yeah, but I think that like if they show gameplay that I think will be definitely very telling that like even with the previous like I know it's you know, cinematic symbia, that they can make it look as good as possible. But like the quality of the last trailer, like is anything is anything close to what we're going to get I think that you know it's gonna look good regardless, and and uh, I mean, yeah, I just I think it. I'm like, I think we're all gonna still play it regardless of whether it's thirty or sixty.
Speaker 2: Thing about this eighty dollars.
Speaker 1: Do you think that this opens the door for the rest of the industry to be like, Okay, now we could be eighty dollars or does everyone kind of have to go, well, that's grand theft auto.
Speaker 2: Maybe one day we could be eighty dollars, but not tomorrow.
Speaker 3: If shareholders have their way upsolu freaking lutely, that's gonna happen. But I hope it doesn't, at least just for the industry right now. I mean, we're trying to save as much money as possible and in more ways than one.
Speaker 2: So I think putting like.
Speaker 3: There's a course GTA six is the only game that you could ever put it at that price and people won't block an eye on it. Like that's why we're thinking that it was going to be potentially one hundred dollars and we would still pay it.
Speaker 2: But I think I.
Speaker 3: Hope it doesn't. I think, like seventy is it's like, I know that. I know that basically that the price hasn't increased a lot in the course of the past few decades with video games, and I know there's been a push to try to be able to do it because of how unsustainable triple A is and you know, it costs a lot more.
Speaker 2: Budgets are hot for video games and they used to be.
Speaker 3: But for me, I think that that's it's a slippery slope, and myself, personally, I would hope it stays it. It still stays at seventy a base standard for price for now, but I would not be surprised if if everybody just sort of jumps at eighty. I mean the only like Xbox tried it without a World's too and they backed off, so correct, We'll see what happens beyond that.
Speaker 2: Yep, I see yeah, gu later and chats.
Speaker 1: Zelda will be eighty, I think at the very least Zelda physically will certainly be eighty.
Speaker 2: Zelda could even be like eighty.
Speaker 1: Digitally and then ninety physical so because that's where Nintendo's been going recently, which will suck, but that's Nintendo nintend They'll get a Nintendo absolutely for sure, all right, so that does it for GTA six. For now, let's go ahead and take our break. We'll come back and get to the rest of these headlines. If you want to skip out on these, go to giant bomb dot com slush Joint, become a premium member you could do.
Speaker 2: So there, we'll be right back.
Speaker 4: It's Game Best Mornings.
Speaker 2: We're back.
Speaker 1: That's Steve Sailor. I'm Jeff grub Let's get into the next headline here. Tencent looking to offload game dev investments even at a loss. We talked a little bit about this on the BombCast yesterday. Let's get to Liam Croft at push Square, who writes Chinese firm Tencent is attempting to exit many of its investments in Japanese game companies, and it's willing to take a loss in the process. According to a new Bloomberg report, due to the current downturn in the video games industry and its need to catch up in the AI space, the outfit is evaluating its investments and assessing which still hold promise to be high performers. The report names Marvelous as one of the studios it's looking to withdraw investment from, which is like I want to say, not RuneScape Rune Factory. They do Ruined Factory games and stuff like that. Oh yeah, right there. This is in the next line here, of which it owns twenty percent. It publishes the story of Seasons games and Rune Factory titles, while the other teams it's looking to cut ties with aren't mentioned. It's said that Tencent is preparing to sell Stakes back to the original management team, but if it means incurring a loss. Ten Sit also owns a minority stake in Katakawa Corporation, along with Elder Ring team from Software and Platinum Games. These investments are said to be unaffected by the companies intended withdrawal from the games industry in Japan, those ones specifically because those would be high performers, and a statement responded to the claims, Tencent told Bloomberg video games are core to ten cents business. We remain fully committed to working with our investees and maintaining our strong presence in the Japanese game market over the long term. But yeah, that lineup above about oh, they want to take some of this money so they could put even more money into AI.
Speaker 4: Sounds like the story across the board for all of these big.
Speaker 1: Companies in this moment, and I guess I wasn't thinking about that in those terms originally, but yeah, that's where they all are, like, hey, we can we know the returns are happening in AI and how long that lasts?
Speaker 2: Who knows?
Speaker 4: Doesn't feel like it's much longer.
Speaker 1: Things kind of shook shook a part on that yesterday a little bit on the stock market, But that's the.
Speaker 2: Way that goes.
Speaker 1: It's it's just it continues to be weird to me, Steve, that they don't see the potential in Japanese developers when those are the ones that seem to have it figured out to me, like they don't have rampant costs running amok, they do have their scope mostly under control when they when they announce a game and then when they finally execute on it and release it. It seems like that is a culture of video game creation that has matured and been gone through some growing pains that happened in early HD which maybe were overstated at the time, and now here we are a bunch of companies that seem to know how to make games that can appeal globally, and it's odd that ten Cent wants to get out of those specifically. I don't know, do you have a reading on this?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean to me, it feels like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, we've seen this across the entire industry, so like it did ten cend to, like having to be able to close studios is not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Brand new news. And in that regard, I mean, like even just the kind of in.
Speaker 3: Their sort of kind of weird analog or at least comparison like you know, Embracer group is kind of like I kind of put into sort of that sense.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you're right. I think those studios definitely like they know.
Speaker 3: How to be able to make a game at a budget, They know how to be able to properly be able to allocate their resources as best as possible. I think, do you know when ten cents like fiscal year ends.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I do assume it's like this week, though I would imagine, yeah, like it's a similar to kind of like Xbox and I think it was like July first or July beginning of July.
Speaker 2: Is there in the pre school.
Speaker 3: I wonder if this is just sort of a way to kind of like get rid of some of the some things off the books to be able to make their you know, the profit margins at least look a little bit better than they probably would have if they didn't.
Speaker 1: They do a calendar your fiscal year, so their fiscal year in December thirty first.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, well then maybe not then. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just think that the quarter's still ending steep, so I mean I think that still stands.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, And I think that they're just using AI as kind of like the excuse and it's hey, changing the industry, you know, we gotta we got we gotta go with the times. And I'm like, yeah, oh, I don't think that that's right. I mean, it could potentially be a little bit. I mean I don't know if that like how much what the mandate is within ten cent of like how much they have to use AI to build their games. But to me, this just feels like it's just you know, creative, like like bookkeeping, to try and build to you know, offload some stuff that could have sold well or at least sells well to a certain degree to a certain audience, but not enough in ten cents.
Speaker 2: I is to basically be like, okay, we need to like like we need to be able to recoup some costs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I do think it's as simple as like high level view of these of these companies and the way ten Cent presents itself. And right now it's like Tencent does present as Hey, if I want to invest in video games, I invest in ten Cent and ten Cents like, Oh, investors are not hot for video games right now. What they're hot for is AI. So we need to be moving more of our resources in that direction so that when the dipshit a AI investor looks at us, they go, oh, that's another AI company, whereas right now they look at ten Cent and say they don't have much to do with AI.
Speaker 4: They own a bunch of video game developers. And I think it's that simple.
Speaker 1: And so now Intense just needs to look around and they're like, what companies are below this line of like, we don't think they're going to ever have some smash hit or whatever smash hit they will have will not be as big as the elder rings of the world. Well, let's see if we can cut those out. And there are they do have a lot of smaller teams in Japan. Right now, it's just like this is lining up with other companies divesting out of Japanese studios and net ease, like, was you know, starting up a bunch of stuff in Japan and now pulling out of that, So it's weird. Making games in Japan is getting more affordable as the yen goes down, so yeah, yeah, it's it's bizarre.
Speaker 2: Do you think that, uh?
Speaker 3: I mean, we've seen the short sightedness of a lot of decisions within specifically the video game industry and like a short term investments and not thinking about the long term.
Speaker 2: Do you think that once once like bringing back the back at the beginning of this conversation today of GTA six.
Speaker 3: Once GTA six hits that, obviously we're gonna see numbers go up in regards to video game profits because of just this one game alone.
Speaker 2: Do you think that there's gonna be not like shareholders are going to look at that.
Speaker 3: And be like, oh, we need to invest in games again, or like that might sort of balance out a little bit of kind of the the the like the cutting of different studios and different having layoffs and stuff.
Speaker 2: Or do you think it's just going to be like, no, it's not going to make a big difference.
Speaker 3: We still need to be able to invest in AI or you know, we need to cut costs and we're closing studios and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that Grand Theft Auto is going to create a hey, look a shiny thing over there when it launches and the numbers come out for how good it's doing, and that sort of has a you know, for lack of a better term, trickle down effect for the Sony's and the Microsofts and stuff like that. It's not gonna affect every company positively, but the big names will be able to point at some stuff and I think they will all see some benefit, especially Sony. And then of course Take two, and it's it's bizarre because you like, if you tract Take two's stock price. Recently, over this early part of the summer and spring, it was going down the stock price because they're like, everyone's like it might get delayed again. It's like, yeah, it's going to come out eventually, though, and so all you're doing is like getting out a dodge and lowering the price so other people can get in at a discount. And then as soon as this this pre order stuff got announced, the get shot back up and it's just going to keep going up at like through the release. In my opinion, I'm not a financial advisor. Don't go buy it based on what I'm saying, but it's going to keep going up. I think until we get those first handful of numbers of like it sold you know, two billion dollars worth of product in one day or twenty four minutes or whatever it is, Like yeah, and so I think that will create an inflection point where a lot of investors go, oh, yeah, games are back without really understanding what they're what they're looking at or what they're seeing for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean I think that obviously, like even when you say like sort of take two stock is down, obviously they're going to go up tomorrow when when the pre order is efficiently lives.
Speaker 1: In the process right now, yeah, yes, right when we get they're gonna have some pre order like the press release about the most pre ordered game in ten years or whatever.
Speaker 3: If not absolutely yeah, I mean like it's sold x million copy pre orders in less than twenty four hours that kind of thing, and like if uh, and then we'll also probably throw in there being like if there is a trailer, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like the most view trailer even again like be previous.
Speaker 3: GG six trailer in twenty four hours, So I like guaranteed that's gonna help out obviously with with the stocks and yeah, i'd like it's it's gonna make an impact to a certain degree. How much of that is is gonna stay or is that just gonna you know, shift to sands in certain in certain directions. I think it's literally just gonna only shift foundations a little bit in certain companies.
Speaker 2: But I don't think like the.
Speaker 3: Smart move is to be like that's a blip and we're just you know, it's it's it's gonna be good for the industry.
Speaker 2: People are gonna be playing these games.
Speaker 3: They're playing these GJ six, but you know, it may not be the best for all these other studios, especially even like ten cent of but who knows, Like it's I think we're I think it's like I think we've heard it and probably you all said that even as well.
Speaker 2: It's like it's gonna get worse I think before it really gets better. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: I did just check actually take two down today, probably because they only charged eighty dollars, probably right, that's that's gotta be.
Speaker 2: The Yeah, one hundred, it'd be much more. Yes, that's gotta be.
Speaker 1: And it's like, oh man, you guys, they're just gonna make that up on volume. It's gonna like yeah, dep shits. But yeah, so it did go up. It's kind of below where it was when they first announced to win pre orders when we're gonna go live, So it back down to the below that price and it'll shoot back up. You're right once these numbers actually start coming out. Uh, but man, investors are so stupid.
Speaker 2: Signal just so dominant. It's baffling.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see here, let's keep going. Uh, Sony's shovel Wear crackdown. Yes, shove Wear correct dount will remove more than nine hundred games from one publisher. This is from Sammy Barker at Push Square. Sony has waged a war on the shovelwear publishers, taking over the Place store, and slowly but surely, we're learning a little bit more about the platform holder's process behind the scenes. Out of phill Games at Afil Games, the purveyor of low effort software like College Call and Cute Bonfire, has confirmed that PlayStation has been implementing stricter guidelines for publishing games on its platform. In a statement, the Brazil based studio said these new policies mean its future releases will no longer be available on the PS five. Furthermore, all of its previous titles, of which there are over nine hundred, will be removed from the PlayStation Store in due course. It's not the first time we've seen this, as tens of thousands of titles have been removed from Sony's storefront this year alone.
Speaker 2: I've certainly seen.
Speaker 1: Worse games than the ones published by afil Games, but many look like copy and paste of the same basic idea with asset flips. They all have extremely easy trophy lists, as is par for the course with software that can't stand on its own like this, like that's the whole business model. It is like selling it to the trophy hunters of the world and get some easy platinums and yeah, you saw them for a dollar, and you just try to make your money back through through that. I've always been of the opinion Steve that like, when I go on the store, these things are not clogging up my feed I'm not seeing them all that much. I guess I'm not on the PlayStation store all that frequently, but this is the kind of thing that people when they do encounter them, and it does cause them a headache when they're trying to find a specific game. It is infuriating. It's very frustrating. And obviously a store is allowed to decide what products are in at store. I think that's completely fair. You want to like curate to a certain extent so people don't come in and be like, wow, this is just a junk warehouse and PlayStation doing that. And then at the same time I'm also usually of the opinion opinion of yeah, but I could just not buy the thing, and that should should maybe be where I filter things out, not Sony filtering these things out. So far, Steve, it seems like Sony's done a good job of finding the games that really are these truly low effort trophy hunter games and not like, oh, this is just someone trying to figure out games and slapping some ideas and to get together using the asset store and maybe there's someone who will turn into a real game developer eventually. This is this is a mill for crap and them cracking down on this maybe long overdue.
Speaker 2: What do you think I mean? I think I think ah. My question is why were they approved to be on the store in the.
Speaker 3: First place if if that's the case, and what stricter guidelines are they going to now implement to be able to hopefully prevent those stores those games from being added on, and also to like I like I've seen it like a couple of times, I don't actually I can't really use the search in the PlayStation store because if I'm looking for a game unless I know this specific title, like like, it's gonna come.
Speaker 2: Up with a whole bunch of that shovel where games.
Speaker 3: And I think that, like, of course, I'm a little bit more savvy when it comes to like like figuring out what game is legit and what's not. But to the general public, it just be like, okay, yeah, I'm gonna go through the store, see what games kind of interest me. And then they see all these games that are just simple games, like like they're like, yes, there, it's obviously they're designed for you know, the quick Platinum for a lot of a lot of folks, And it's just obviously Trouble Where is designed for those kind of low hanging fruit stuff. But I think it's it's it's low hanging fruit for also just the casual gamer being like, oh, this game looks like fun and then they.
Speaker 2: Realize, oh, no, it's not.
Speaker 3: It's just a you know, quick, little simple game that I didn't want to play, and then they delete it and they can't obviously get a refund, so they're kind of like whatever. So I I don't know, I think I'm glad at these PlayStations you know, cracking down on it. But again I goes back to the question I add, it's like, why were they approved to be added on to the store in the first place, and what kind of like qualifications does like were they able to like circumvent in order to be able to to show no, no, we're a legit game and then PlayStations like yeah, okay, you're you're you're you're good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does sound like they are changing the rules and it's catching all these games and now that's why this company is no longer able to release them where it's like previously the rule these games didn't violate anything.
Speaker 4: That's why they were able to get on there.
Speaker 1: And you know, and again I don't mind so much them maybe being able to sneak through having a more open door and then once they're in the party being like, oh, you're ruining the vibe.
Speaker 2: Now it's time to leave. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's usually a little bit better than having like one person who approves games and looking at something be like, I'm going to decide if this is good enough for people to spend their money on. Yeah, Like I don't want like, yeah, cimulate kim simulator, cimulator games. It's these weird FMV games of this dude in Canada just making weird movies with his friends, and they're barely games, but they're really charming. We had a good time playing in them, and I think at a glance most people would say this is slop crap, and maybe they're right, but it's slopping crap that I enjoyed, and I just don't want Sony to be making those decisions for me.
Speaker 4: Now, to their credit, they have not taken those games down.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 1: Those are still on their store, So okay, as long as that continues to be the case, I think this is fine. You of course are allowed to prune your store here or there. Now that's for PlayStation. I think like Steam would be a different situation because Steam is such a monopoly on play on PC that them getting decide getting to decide what games can succeed or not becomes much more problematic. But it has its own issues, and they maybe, you know what, they've done a better job at like making it easier to find the games you're actually looking for, even though more games come out on Steam than anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think, I mean you're right when you have like those kind of like developers that are just making these like weird, little like avant garde type games. Of course they deserve to be able to be on each of the storefronts. But my my thinking as you were talking, it was just like we were talking about AI. It's like, Okay, how like now how much is going to be like AI built games and AI slob games. That's gonna be a ninemare to Yeah, exactly to figure out. And it's like I don't envy PlayStation or even Xboxes. I know Steam has it where you can obviously have that label that it is built with AI.
Speaker 2: I don't know if.
Speaker 3: PlayStation or Xbox has that as part of their search trend or like labels for their games in their storefront. But it's like if they if they did add that that kind of like opens the door to like a lot more scrutiny, and I see for see them basically being like, well, we don't want a police games. You know, if they make these games and if it's fine and plays well and it doesn't ruin the system, then you know it's it's okay.
Speaker 2: And I think that just opens up more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's more scrutiny the on Xbox and PlayStation's part than necessary the developer or lack thereof when it comes to AI slob yep.
Speaker 4: Let's see here, all right, last couple of stories.
Speaker 1: Let's get through these Lords of the Fallen two retreats from It's the Insane Fall release schedule. It's gonna be released in twenty twenty seven. Robert Ramsey at Push Square wrote this story up. But this short version is that some like souls Born expert players tried the game out and gave some feedback and said, hey, this could use some more time, So they're going to take that time. And at the same time, they are leaving a endo year period that was already unnaturally compressed because Grand Theft Auto six and Call of Duty to a lesser extent, pushed a lot of games out of November and October, so everything was coming out in September.
Speaker 4: Everyone knows this story by now. And Lords of the.
Speaker 1: Fallen two, which did not I don't think had a specific release date, but it had a release window. Well that window's gone now it's coming out in twenty twenty seven. So yeah, not surprised to hear that some of these games are like, hey, if we have any questions about the quality of our game, let's take some extra time just so we can get out of this mailstream.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that was a good call.
Speaker 3: I mean, we're like, once we saw the announcements for September October, over the course of SGF, like, I think it was inevitable that there was any games that were gonna just you know, like a jump ship because of course, like those dates were decided on before they even realized how crowded those two months we're going to be in avoiding GTA six, So I think it makes sense, And hey, if it needs extra time, I'm always for Like, if you got to delay a game to be able to make the game better better, that's fine, Like delay it as as long as you possibly can, as long as it's you know, that it's going to be a better game for it, then then that's awesome. And but also I am now more cognizant. Okay, if people are moving their games out of September October, I'm seeing a lot of people basically their studios basically pushing their games to January February, which may turn into another deluge of of of titles.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So the question is is, like, Okay, who's gonna move from that?
Speaker 3: Uh, the sort of rely state schedule, so because I don't remember the winter early winter months being that crowded, but it's just over the past couple of years they've they've kind of been been doing so, like there's there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of great games that come out early at the beginning of the year. I've noticed that, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, hopefully Lord's the Fall too, it can be able to at least find its audience and you know.
Speaker 2: Not be buried by everything else.
Speaker 4: Yep, and and Lords of the Fall.
Speaker 1: And I've never cared about those games, and that that studios at least the CEO kind of a shithead like okay, well I'm tried. He's like one of those anti woke guys. So Get Lost in January.
Speaker 2: February Go to Hell Who Cares? Yeah, fuck him exactly.
Speaker 1: Netflix reveals horror games starring Troy Baker and Sadie Sinc. This is from Josh Collins at Insider Gaming. Netflix has revealed its upcoming launch of the first person horror title Unhinged, from the developer of Oxten Free Nights School Studio. The streaming behemoth has dipped its toes into video game titles before, and while many have been interactive, live action experiences, Unhinged has a standard approach, using your phone as a controller, and features a star studded cast from the.
Speaker 2: World of gaming and Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Troy Baker seems to be the headliner here and then Yes, Who's you played? Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones and Jonesy in Fortnite, lots of jones Is and then other j names Joel in the Last of Us.
Speaker 2: For example, Sadie Sink was.
Speaker 1: From Let's See She's from Stranger Things, Thank you Stranger Things. I think she's going to be in the New Spider Man movie. Maybe we don't know what character she's.
Speaker 2: Playing, but she's gonna be some sort of villain, and potentially in brand new day. Yeah, thank you, Steve.
Speaker 1: She is a great actor. And I'm like, oh, this is cool. I kind of want to check this out.
Speaker 2: And I like Nights School.
Speaker 4: They make some cool stuff.
Speaker 1: Oxing free is interesting, and this is the kind of thing where's, oh, yeah, I'm gonna be kind of take some time off around then I'll put on Netflix and maybe check this out for myself. So this is the kind of thing where I actually do perk up a little bit, like I'll pay attention to this. I have Netflix, how about you, Steve.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and I love that.
Speaker 3: I think it's somewhere that basically it's like a really short like literally an hour long game like or at least you know, in that kind of timeframe, which I think is great. I think that's and for Netflix that totally would make sense with just kind of the ecosystem that people sort of expect from from Netflix. You know, watch the movie for an hour and you're good, and I'll play a game for an hour and you're good.
Speaker 2: I have actually tried.
Speaker 3: Out the Netflix like app, like the controller app, and it's actually pretty responsive. I will like it's what they basically do is that they kind of like customize the phone or just sort of like you know, you got a bunch of buttons that are on screen, and then that's it. The studio basically gets to kind of like using the Netflix app, they kind of customize sort of the interface to kind of build their own UI based like that's more kind of in line with the aesthetic of the game. So I'd be very curious kind to see what that's gonna be, Like that's gonna look like on there, and yeah, for it's pretty responsive for if you have like a pretty decent Wi Fi and smart smart TV excellent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that I'm curious as well.
Speaker 1: And then studio behind the acclaimed metroid van Meo Memories in Orbit is closing down. This is from Stephen Tailby at Push Square. Pull Up Entertainment is announcing that it has sold its entire stake in juj me. I'm not gonna be able to say that properly, but that's closest I can get to the studios founding partners. The decision was taken by mutual agreement to enable each entity to pursue its strategic objectives independently. The game's shady part of me and Meo Memories of Orbit Memories in Orbit, developed by juj Visa Me, will continue to be published by Focus Entertainment Publishing, a pull Up Entertainment Group subsidiary. That's the release that came out about this seems to be like, oh, they put that game out just a few months ago, and maybe Focus Home's parent company, pull Up just wasn't happy enough with it. But yeah, that's a shame, because that game was all right, I thought it was okay. I know, Chuck really liked it. This is one that you checked out at all. No, sadly I haven't been able to.
Speaker 3: But I mean because of this on sadly, I mean like I wish I knew earlier I would have maybe it would have downloaded.
Speaker 2: I think I probably might try it out now, just to kind of the least, you know, give it some love.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, it's just like when we live in a world where you can announce a game and then eleven days later potentially close the studio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't I'm.
Speaker 3: Not surprised by this, but it just like again, all basically just comes down to all this sucks.
Speaker 2: All of it sucks. Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, finally we have some what's happening today and tomorrow, just to get everyone Buddy caught up. Delta Rune Chapter five launches today at eleven am Eastern, which was when this show started. PS five, P four Switch to Switch and PC. It's a free addition for existing Delta Rune owners. Also today, Arc system Works Showcase is at five pm Eastern, that's two pm Pacific, covering games developed and published by Arc system Works. Then tomorrow, June twenty fifth, obviously GTA six pre orders open. We believe that's at midnight. Star Fox launches for Switch to at fifty dollars digitally and sixty dollars physically. There's a review up on the website. Mike wrote a review and then we did a review discussion. Four of us have played that game quite a lot. We had a good conversation about it. Go check that out now. It's on the website giant bomb dot com. You can also get it on our YouTube channel if you're watching there. And then later tomorrow five pm Eastern two pm Pacific. Capcom Spotlight is a thirty minute thing featuring Dragon's Dogma two, Dark Risen, Annie Musha, Way of the Sword, and Monster Hunter Stories three. These Capcom updates the Spotlights are often just like yeah, very commercial, like very like, hey, here's what.
Speaker 2: We got going on.
Speaker 4: Not often do they have big new announcements, so don't go think in the world is.
Speaker 2: Going to happen there.
Speaker 4: All right, that does it for the headlines.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the poll question from earlier this week, which I should have right over here.
Speaker 2: Okay, my computer's being weird.
Speaker 1: If you want to check these out and vote in our polls, ever, you can go to giant bomb dot com slash at or go to YouTube dot com excuse me slash at giant bomb slash posts, and there you could see did you get the Steam controller yet?
Speaker 2: Yes or no?
Speaker 1: I'll say yes because I did get one that it was sent to me, of course, but yes, thirteen percent said yes, forty percent said no, forty seven percent said I'm not getting one. So let's see about one in five of the people who do want to get one, we're able to get one, Steve. If people want to get one still, they're sold out until twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 3: That's what the Steam store says right now, which is pretty rough going. Yeah, I will say this, I'm also probably not going to get one either. I feel like just even looking at it might be a bit too bulky.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You may have a different opinion on that one. I find it very comfortable.
Speaker 1: Like once the bulkiness is noticeable when you're looking at it, when you're holding your hand. It makes sense because it's like, oh, if I'm using the track pads, I hold it down here. If I'm using the sticks and buttons, I hold it up there, and they feel distinct, but not like one gets in the way of the other.
Speaker 2: That's been my experience.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, with the way that the Steam like valve of their hardware aesthetics, it's like it's a little bit difficult for me because I I play my handout games on my Xbox Rock ally yeah, because that's a little bit more comfortable, whereas like with a Steam deck, all the buttons are all at the top of the of the device, which makes it a little bit harder to hold.
Speaker 2: And so that's why I'm like.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, they're not the most like the best for like comfort.
Speaker 2: So I was like, okay, yeah, I'm just not gonna bother. Yeah.
Speaker 1: They when we talked and them, like they did make a big thing about ergonomics. Was our number one thing, and it's noticeable here. But the buttons, many of the buttons are still at the top, so that's been a problem. I don't know if that would have changed for you. Yeah, all right, Uh we need a new pool question which I didn't come up with. Well, I'll come up with one while Steve does this. Steve, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet where you're streaming what you have going on all that good stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you abilify me at Steve Sailor pretty much everywhere, Sailor spelled s a y l R. I have a basic I stream on Twitch where I talk about accessibility and games. I also play games I haven't played before and kind of look at it from an accessibility lens, Like recently, I just started playing Final Fantasy seven.
Speaker 2: For the very first time.
Speaker 3: I also have a actually a brand new series I started on my Steve Sailor plays YouTube channel where I'm going to attempt to play Balder's Gate three every single day for a year.
Speaker 2: And so I've i recently started that up. If you're interested in seeing.
Speaker 3: What me bumble through ballders Gate three as a D and D NERD, I definitely recommend checking that out. And speaking of D and D, I also have a tabletop show where called Dungeons and Disabled, where disabled players play disabled characters in tabletop role playing games like D and D and also like games like Daggerhart and Yeah, we basically focus highly on accessibility and play as well as how to be aible to add disability mechanics into.
Speaker 2: Those systems, and so it's a lot of fun. So if you want like a you know, a nice like D and D type show, definitely go go check that out.
Speaker 1: Excellent, fantastic new pole. Question, are you going to pre order Grand Theft Auto six? Your options are yes or no?
Speaker 2: Hell no? What are you talking about? Pre order?
Speaker 4: So you can vote in that.
Speaker 1: We'll get the results talk about it on tomorrow's show here on Giant Bomb. Speaking of Giant Bomb, I'm gonna be doing a grub bag of various fishing games here starting after this. I'll take a second to get set up everybody, but I'll return with that, so stick around. And then after that it's Wednesday, so it's Blight Club. Let's see if Dan can beat Space Aces. He's got to do it eventually. I guess he doesn't have to this could be forever.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: But he's he's looking, it's looking promising you and you're not gonna want to miss it if he actually dies.
Speaker 2: Beat it.
Speaker 1: First of all, it gets to the end, it makes weird Elvis noises. It's a good time. And man, let's we'll even get to that final level today, which seems like it's a real possibility. All right, So that will be at three pm Eastern later today, that's noon Pacific, and then I'll be playing, like I said, those fishing grab bags after this, I mean, not too long after this, all right, and then you know, tomorrow's Thursday voicemail dumb Truck, and Friday we'll have upf We're gonna be playing web fishing, So tune in for all the good stuff here on Giant Bomb. With that all out of the way, Steve, thank you so much for hanging out with me today and talking about video games. Man, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: No, of course, thank you so much for having me and uh yeah, it's love being able to chat with you all, and thanks so much for having me on.
Speaker 1: Likewise, man, thank you for doing this. We'll get you on again sometime soon for sure.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: All for watching and listening. You're the best audience in gaming. Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.