Speaker 1: You're listenings kf I AM six forty the bill handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio f KFI.
Speaker 2: AM six forty bill handle Here.
Speaker 1: It is a Friday morning, December twentieth, and this is the last Friday, and tomorrow is the last Saturday of the year, and Tuesday is Christmas Eve.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: Also Arab.
Speaker 1: Hanukah, which is by the way, Arab is Hebrew for the night of the night, because the Jewish holiday start at six pm. They start at sundown and go on through the next day and end at sundown.
Speaker 2: Well you're looking at me, I get it.
Speaker 1: It's very strange. Actually, Muslim holidays are the same thing. Okay, as you can hear. That's Neil Sabadra. Tomorrow he is host of The fork Report.
Speaker 2: His show. How long has that been going on?
Speaker 3: Neil fork Port started in twenty ten, so it'll be its fifteenth year next yeah, next year. And then the Jesus Show has been since two thousand or nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's Jesus always syndicated across the country. So yes, sir, Yeah, So we've got two shows here on KFI that are syndicated that come out of KFI that are syndicated, which is kind of neat because you know, we throw.
Speaker 2: It around and for now forever make everybody else feel horrible.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's time for foody Friday, and this is Neil tomorrow two to five pm, as I said, and it's all things food.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's start Neil with oreo. No, no, no, let's leave that cause that's a little light. Can we start with alcohol?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Okay, this is why, because the holidays are here and this happens all the time. You and I have talked about this a bazillion times. Coffee is one that comes back and forth. Eggs are one that come back and forth in terms of health. If in terms of health and alcohol is well. The drinking debate continues to go on. There's a new government report that is looking at the risks and the possible benefits of moderate alcohol use. Again, the government continues to do these studies and say we need to know what to tell people. Scientifically, they all agree overindulging in alcohol is bad. It's not good for your system. I mean, it's kind of a poison as far as the alcohol part is. But of course, depending on the type of alcohol you're using whether it's a line or if you're using spirits and how you're using them and what you're mixing them with, it really depends. So they go back and forth, and really they're trying to find what that moderate line is, what is moderate alcohol consumption and at what point does it become damaging because they're having a little alcohol may help you live longer in some of the studies. So yet again, the most recent study released by the National Academies of Science, Engineering, Medicine have concluded that this little alcohol may help you. However, it finds alcohol could raise your risk of certain types of cancer.
Speaker 1: It's so weird they do it because you're right, avocados, eggs, alcohol, coffee.
Speaker 2: It changes.
Speaker 1: Not only does it change year to year, it changes month to month where it's either healthy or not healthy, and it even breaks down it's unhealthy for women, but it's healthy for men.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or you use it on Tuesdays and it's fine.
Speaker 3: But you remember when eggs were demonized and now they're like, yeah, if you have an egg and a you're fine, you know, But then it was like limit your eggs because of cholesterol. And then we found out not too long ago that food cholesterol is absorbed into the body much less than they thought. It has a much less of an impact down talk to your doctor. I'm not a doctor, but there is we absorb the food cholesterol different than you know.
Speaker 2: A lot of it's geneta to be We.
Speaker 1: Had but Neil and I had breakfast yesterday with some management people here.
Speaker 2: We were sucking up to them and you ordered. I did, no sucking. You ordered? You did? You ordered egg whites? Yeah? I like that, you know, and I ordered egg yellows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just yeah, you and I would be a good husband and wife team.
Speaker 2: You know, the lean and the fat. No.
Speaker 3: I I liked the taste of egg whites with uh, you know, cheddar cheese and ham. I just so sometimes I just preferred It's not like, you know, healthy. You don't look at me and say, oh, that guy's really trying to cut it down.
Speaker 2: No, it wasn't that.
Speaker 3: It just sometimes I'm in the mood for egg whites and they're not particularly flavorful, but with ham and stuff like that, I just like the texture.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good. Hell, you get eggs from a.
Speaker 1: Small farmer or people they keep eggs in the backyard or chickens in the backyard.
Speaker 3: Which I don't know too many who do, a lot of people do these days.
Speaker 1: Those eggs are so fresh and flavor.
Speaker 2: Yo, They're wonderful. They're they're amazing.
Speaker 3: And the thing is, you know, there is I have this thing that they're still trying to figure out what it is where my body and some of the meds I'm on react to certain foods, eggs one of them. It's foods that have sulfur in them. And so I do also sometimes back off on the yolks because of that, just so you know. So anyway, so the guidelines for twenty twenty five, the dietary guidelines haven't changed much. You know, you're better off not drinking out alcohol. If you are drinking alcohol or having it with dinner. You're better off with the wine than you are, you know, and red wines have a lot of you know, benefits to that.
Speaker 2: You're and you're much more sophisticated. Yes, exactly as if you're a drug. Yeah, yeah, a Whyo, serve me some box of Phronsie wine.
Speaker 3: You know, I was with law enforcement, hanging out with law enforcement probably I think it was on the Tim and Neil Show many many years ago, and I was out there out and about, and they were doing stops and it was like an alcohol checkpoint or something like sobriety checkpoint. And the guy rolls up in his car because once you get in that line, you can't get out otherwise they go after you. Right, he had the brightest it was almost like dayglow red bottle on him, and it was Boons Farm or whatever it was. It was so bright. Addie had a crack pipe on him. It was pretty crazy. They obviously he got arrested, but I remember thinking when they shine the light in their how bright the movie that was the worst. That's a different kind of whyo. But just something to think about. And if you don't drink, you're probably better off not drinking than adding it to your your life. These days, I like, I like a good belt myself.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I've seen you. You know you're doing hard spirits, you know. Oh absolutely. I love the Browns. I love my.
Speaker 3: Whiskies adult beverages as livations. Yes, sure, okay, anyway, Neil, are you talking about six new Oreo trees?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So they keep coming up with it. Now, some of its flavors and then some of it is style. They have their game Day Oreos which have different embossments. You know how you have that embossed image of the Oreo on top of the Oreo cookies, the actually chocolate cookies. Well, they have their Game Day ones which are coming out and those have you know, footballs on them and different things like that on the embossment. But they have the Oreo Loaded, which is not only an Oreo with the you know, the double stuff in there, but now it's Oreo flavored stuffing. So inside they actually have bits of the chocolate cookie you know, like cookies and cream whipped up in the filling.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know who comes up with this stuff, but have they reached the point where the testing people, you know, the people who ever decides ay're going to release this, someone says.
Speaker 3: Come on, really they keep putting them out. As a matter of fact, you have a couple different things in different forms. They have the Golden Oreo cakesters and there are some Cakester flavors coming out, and that's where the cookie part is more like a cake. It's fluffy and then it has the cream on the inside. They also have the Oreo bites, which are little ice cream like bond bonds. Their little ice cream flavors as well that they have in there. A couple of the flavors going on. The Oreo minis will come out in the peanut butter that bite sized ones. They have their original thin cookies filled with Irish cream flavored cream which apparently has notes of chocolate and vanilla in the cream. So as these things come out, that's going to be in January. So these they keep figuring out different ways to put them together, like the Oreo Frozen treats, the Oreo Bites, Oreo Mini Bars will be available in January as well.
Speaker 2: A couple things about Oreo.
Speaker 1: The brand itself is so valuable that yeah, you're gonna see the Oreo branded clothes pretty soon because it's.
Speaker 2: I'd wear that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the brand is yeah pretty much and I understand. And and they're going to be in the flavor of the Year because people say, what you do this? What's coming out next year? Oh yeah, okay, here's mine. The Oreo flavor is gonna be the smoked macrol Oreo, which is going to be hugely popular.
Speaker 3: Well you know what, actually, you know what would be I don't know that they've done this, but you might have just accidentally done something, and that is the one of the flavors of the year they've been excited about. You know all these food you know, magazines whatever put out these things. Is brown sugar. Brown sugar is coming into its own right now, being used in cocktails, being used in coffees, being used in all these different things. I think that the molasses because basically it's an unrefined sugar with molasses in it. I think that would make a good oreo filling.
Speaker 2: And Neil does this.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're gonna do it next week or you do it at the beginning of the year. But you always come up with your prognostications what is going to be hot. For example, pump you years ago, you picked up on pumpkin spice early days, and you said, this is going to explode people.
Speaker 3: Back then, people didn't put any spice in their pumpkin. It was bland as hell until the four report came out.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't give yourself that much credit, but you know you caught it early days. You're not Winston Churchill nineteen thirty two talking about Hitler right before anybody else.
Speaker 2: Dumb as No.
Speaker 3: What I actually what I do is I look at a lot of these things and then kind of call through them and tell you what I think, which ones I think will come to fruition or not.
Speaker 2: Smoked salmon birthday cake.
Speaker 3: I would make that for you in a heartbeat, and I would stand above you until you finished every last drop.
Speaker 1: There's some good stuff out there. They're really and there's gonna be some interesting combinations. And you talk about that too, that really weren't expected. Different combination of spices and what.
Speaker 2: Just heat is not going away right now.
Speaker 3: Sweet and savory, sweet and salty, all those things are still powerful.
Speaker 2: But the heat.
Speaker 3: People are still trying to when it comes to food, find any way to add spice to it. I don't think that's going away anytime soon. However, this super hot stuff has been controversial because of you know, a child being hurt or being hospitalized. We're finding out that some of these foods that they're eating, flaming hot this, and flaming hot that they're eating kids are eating on the daily are not.
Speaker 2: Good for them. That makes a lot of sense. Plus the dyes and the garbage in that. When you talk.
Speaker 1: About heat, when you talk about spice, that is hot spice, spicy Uh, there's two issues there.
Speaker 2: One is flavor and the other one is just pure heat. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cap saican itself is an oil that is that holds all that heat.
Speaker 2: That's what we basically. It doesn't have a flavor. No, they can't. They do. They can have grassy fill. No, No, you're already talking about capsation. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But the the the the.
Speaker 2: Cap sacan is creating the heat.
Speaker 3: Yes, but there is flavors within that heat depending on where what what the chili or the product is that is building that has the capsaon in it. So there are some wonderful flavors that come with hot with heat as well. But now we're just basically injecting the cap sasin, which is which is why you don't want to drink water to cool down. You know how people go give it doesn't do anything. That's why you have to do milk or a dairy product that encapsulates the oil and the cap sason and that truly mellows it out.
Speaker 1: All right, we're done with foody Friday to done with you tomorrow two to five pm.
Speaker 2: You might as well pitch Saturday morning, six am.
Speaker 1: It starts with that Dean sharp with the house whisper, and then I'm here.
Speaker 2: Eight to eleven, he low house, I'm a to You're a beautiful house. Okay, eight to eleven with handle on the law, get your doors in your windows, handle on the law. Eight to eleven, practice.
Speaker 3: Bad advice the law, whisper, I know what I'm doing. Two PM is the fourth report.
Speaker 1: Okay, guys, it is time for ask handle anything. And here's the way it works. We ask people during the week to record a question on the iHeart app and then the question is for me, Neil and and choose the question, and I hear at the same time you do right now, and I answer it. So it's a lot of personal stuff that I'm letting loose on, so let's do it.
Speaker 2: First question, how old were you the first time you had sex with a woman? Oh? Exactly because clarification, yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: The whole issue was I had some I'm one of those people that it took me a while to figure out my gender. So I would look down and either it was George or Georgiette. And the first time I think I had the first time I had sex with a woman, I was thirteen or fourteen, and it was not it was the older sister of a little girl, you know, someone my age that I just started to date and it was cute, and the older sister basically just took me in the other room and did it.
Speaker 3: And then, of course the next time, I was seventeen or eighteen. So that's the story. I was, I think fourteen years old.
Speaker 2: Because of that, not because of any Cowles was the girl. I think she was in her twenties.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, yeah, and you were thirteen maybe fourteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was big. I was almost six foot tall. I matured very quickly.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you look at a picture of me when I was fifteen, I mean, I'm you know, I have hair, you know, I'm almost six feet tall. I'm you know, I'm a decent looking guy who went downhill after that.
Speaker 2: Stop with the mouth. I'm being honest. I'm being honest.
Speaker 1: This is ass candle anything.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, wow, was not expecting that. We did not see that's coming. Yeah, true story.
Speaker 1: Okay, older sisters, hold on, older sister took away my virginity.
Speaker 2: It's true, very well. You were friends with the younger sisters. I was dating the younger sister. She was my little fourteen year old girlfriend.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're cute the old yeahs, yes, that issue.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, let's move on. Wow, jeez, I'm being honest.
Speaker 4: Okay, you your twenty stop it all right, Cono. Next question, Good morning, Bill. I have a question for you. How often do you have your haircut?
Speaker 2: That's what you follow up the last one.
Speaker 1: With ConA, uh, going down the line. Oh, yeah, I have my haircut every couple of weeks. And Neil, you do yours every day, right, and the shit you usually bick it. I don't actually use a bic, but I have head raiser, yeah, and I don't I have you know, the razor or that you take your hair off with, you know, the buzz every couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: That was a stupid question. Who chose that? Did you have your haircut when you were fourteen?
Speaker 1: When I was fourteen, you know, every couple of months, you know, I had hair. I had There was actual hair on my hair.
Speaker 2: Some people want to know.
Speaker 3: Someone one time asked, I don't know if we played that one, if you ever had long hair, did you like I did? I did seventies or whatever I did? Yeah, I did. I had long hair down on my shoulders. Yeah, just to your shoulders.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did. I had long hair. How did you know what was your shoulder hair and what was your head hair? That's very funny.
Speaker 1: Well, if I had, if I lived in Glendale, I would easily know where my shoulder hair hair is, especially if I was a woman.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's let's do the naturally. How do it? Come on? How could I not? How could I not go there and offend people?
Speaker 3: All?
Speaker 2: Right? Moving on? Hey, Bill, I know you're a theater goer, so I was just wondering if you ever go and see the ballet. I have gone once to see the ballet, and only once. Yeah, I was bale is beautiful. It is, but I you.
Speaker 1: Know, it's ten minutes into it.
Speaker 2: I get a little bored.
Speaker 1: Also when I see those male dancers, I get would and it is really embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Uh so uh once I've gone once and it was uh gone to the opera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've gone to the opera But the only the only thing I like at the opera is when they have the supertitles where you know you can see above or below, usually above so you understand what they're singing because it's in German or it's usually in an Italian you have no idea.
Speaker 2: Kill the kill the I was, uh, what is it? Last year? A couple of years ago, I was in Italy.
Speaker 1: I had some business in Milan, some fertility stuff, and I went to La Scala, you know, the opera, and I saw Rigletto and it was spectacular. But there was in front of every like those TV screens like you have on t on on airplanes, you know, the small eight inch screen, and it was and you had just choice of five or six different languages, and you saw what was being sung.
Speaker 3: Rigtelogletto is great with a nice Vodkas.
Speaker 2: That's true. As you know, you beat me to it, all right. Hey, Bill, just wondering if there are any stocks that you're interested in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kind you put your head and arms in. Not those stocks, right. I don't buy stocks. They're too volatile, and I don't know enough about them. You're very conservative, very conservative. I just I don't know. I could I I don't know because I never took the time. And in order to do it correctly, you have to really do your homework.
Speaker 2: So do you buy index?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I buy index? Yeah.
Speaker 1: I buy Reached real estate investment trusts long term.
Speaker 2: I bought those of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's just and I've been saving my money for you know, for retirement for many, many years. I'm insanely conservative when it comes to it. But no, no stock specifically that I have invested in. I've invested in a couple of businesses that have failed spectacularly, all of your own. Yeah, every one of them on my own, I might add. Okay, next question.
Speaker 5: Hi, Bill Mark from cam Rio. As a fellow officer of the Court and father of in Vitro twins, mine will be twenty eight this month, how do you truthfully tell your children which one is your favorite?
Speaker 1: You know, that's a very good question, that is, and you know, would you hate them both equally?
Speaker 2: It is, Oh that's a different twist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is, you don't because I'm one of those people that I truly love my kids the same equally, although I like parts of my daughter Pamela more than parts of my daughter Barbara, and likewise, so I think it's fair to say that I don't have a favorite.
Speaker 3: So they're uniquely different. Yeah, yeah, you have, there's twins there. They're different species, They're very different.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One is a true foodie of and was fairly introspective and Neil connects with her because of the food.
Speaker 2: I can walk with them both differently. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So so I don't have a favorite, but that's you know, most people do. And so I would tell them. You know, I'm very honest. You know, I'll tell you what I do. Do is I do do?
Speaker 3: Is?
Speaker 1: I have a family trust, of which of course they are the beneficiary for a large part of And it changes every week because when one of them acts out, I say, your sister's getting all of it, and then the next week.
Speaker 3: It's exactly the oppositation of like a digital board in the house that they can show that their own personal stock has gone up or down.
Speaker 2: With you all right? Next question, why did you return your Tesla? Oh?
Speaker 1: Because I just didn't like it. It was I thought it was fairly flimsy relative to the BMW. I've been driving BMW's for twenty five years. I just happen to like those cars way ever over engineered. I still don't understand how the work, but they are heavy cars. That are you know, when you close the door, it's like almost like a tank door closed the BMW.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the BMW BMW's.
Speaker 1: And I thought, and I thought that Tesla was First of all, it's too much in terms of technology for me, It's not even a car, it's.
Speaker 2: A computer that has four wheels.
Speaker 1: And so that's why I returned it and I just took just I had it for two weeks. I bought it and I sold it. Let me tell you what a bath I took on that one.
Speaker 3: How much of a depreciation in that two weeks? Did you sell it back to the dealership?
Speaker 2: Now they won't take it back.
Speaker 3: I had to go to CarMax, Oh my gosh. And how much did sixteen dollars? That's how much it cost me sixty Because I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: Because I bought it and a week later, Elon Musk cuts the price by twenty percent.
Speaker 2: That week he cut the price. He must have known you were here, he must have. And that's why I took such a bath on it.
Speaker 1: Is because it was I bought it before the price cut, and then I sold it after the price cut. So it was worth twenty percent less right there that day. And it was a used car with almost no miles, but it was still a used car. Yeah, I took a bath on it.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I bet you're the guy that bought it from CarMax. Didn't even give it to CarMax. He probably took it over himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, We'll do one more question, Cono, Bill, what.
Speaker 5: Is the most memorable or impactful breaking news in the history of your career that.
Speaker 2: You remember happening while you were on the air and that you had to cover. That was easy. Nine to eleven. Oh yeah, nine to eleven.
Speaker 1: I was live on the air and we were watching I was watching TV as the first plane went into the World Trade Center, and then watching the second went live, and then watching the towers collapse.
Speaker 2: That was live on the air by far the most memorable.
Speaker 3: And if I were remember they downed all the planes and all of that. Rush Limbaugh was in the only town that clear channel, which was you know then, so you went on, I went live across country.
Speaker 1: Huh. I went. I took Russias spot and I was carried and they figured out thirty thirty five million people. I was doing Rush Limbaugh's show, and he was he had to rent a car in I don't know whatever town in Georgia he had.
Speaker 2: His plane had just taken off.
Speaker 1: He was going to go to Omaha and was in the Warren Buffett Memorial something charity golf match, and so his plane was in the air. Ten minutes later, boom it hits the FAA grounds, every plane in the in the air and he lands at the one place that there wasn't a clear channel of those days, same company radio stations. So he had a rent a car driving back to back home listening to me do the Rush Limbas Show on nine to eleven. We didn't get along after that. Yeah, he was not happy. Okay, that's it, guys. We are done on a Friday. Good questions, by the way, good questions today, and so we'll talk more next week about ask candle anything.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll do it the following week because it's a holiday.
Speaker 1: So coming up, it's Gary and Shannon, but not the Shannon, you know, the real Shannon Shannondays, it's Gary's wife.
Speaker 2: Shannon is co hosting the show Hoffman's in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much all right. Tomorrow morning starts with Dean six to eight. Then I'm here eight to eleven with Handle on the Law and Neil of course the Fok Report from two to five. I have a good one, guys, Catch in the morning, and of course next week when on Monday, except Amy is gone on Monday, so she's gone all next week, it'll be Michael Monks coming in.
Speaker 2: This is KFI AM six. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 1: Catch my show Monday through Friday, six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app