Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go, let's go, Let's go. H us good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, Yepe.
Speaker 2: Rod Ran, wake your hands off Snake a Rod Ryan show.
Speaker 1: Checking in on this three Beer Friday. Thank you Specs for the beers. Come on, I got beer straight up at six, seven, eight and nine. Daniel going for win number two. He's been gone for a couple of years from the fresh out of bed. He played great yesterday. He's going for win number two. We'll play at six to twenty. Monster Jam tickets Big Monster Jam weekend. We'll be out there in the pits on Saturday and then I'm sticking around for the show Saturday night. Sunday show tickets still available for both shows this weekend through a ticket Master. We're gonna give away a four pack with pit passes for Sunday in Homeroom on the Fun Fat Flashback Buzzfest tickets coming your way at seven twenty. Cody Jinks tickets at eight twenty and then Jilly backloaded them. Sold out nine inch Nails tickets. We'll have those for you on Know the show only at ten percent chance of rain. Sunny high of sixty eight. Then we're in the seventies this weekend, guys, with low chances of rain and sunny skies. A beautiful looking weekend. Get right after it. Good morning Alex. What are Houston's headlines? Good morning Rod, Good morning home room.
Speaker 3: It was announced yesterday that there were no survivors in the horrific crash between an American Airlines passenger jet and a military helicopter. Dive teams suspended their activities just before four pm Eastern time yesterday after they recovered all of the bodies that they could without moving the fuselage of the plane. They did recover black boxes from the crash, and officials say that the flight's manifest could be made public as soon as today. Several FBI officials were given a choice yesterday.
Speaker 1: They could either resign, retire, or be demoted.
Speaker 3: The senior officials that were given the ultimatum included six assistant directors. They were promoted by former FBI Director Chris Ray. Those directors were in charge of overseeing criminal, national security, and cyber investigations.
Speaker 1: The FBI declined to comment.
Speaker 3: On the demands, and President Trump defended the move by saying that some of them were a quote not doing their job. Seven to eleven wants us to ruin us for making it through January.
Speaker 1: How are they doing that, you may.
Speaker 3: Ask by giving us free slut piece obviously to be able to get a free small slurpy today participating seven to eleven speedway in Stripe's locations, The company says that quote, the long days of January can feel like the month will never come to an end, and this year's been no different.
Speaker 1: So have a free slurpy on us and shift your vibe for the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: The free slurpees are limited to per one per customer, but no purchase is necessary. So you just go like one hundred and seven eleven today and you get one hundred slurpees.
Speaker 1: That's you trying to hedge the system. Just let you know.
Speaker 3: Matthew Lillard is coming back for Scream seven. His character Stu was one of the killers in the original movie spoiler alert. But he died or did he? There's always been a debate amongst fans over whether or not his character really did die in the movie.
Speaker 1: I think he had a TV dropped on his head. Yeah, I don't remember what it really meat it. Watch the later Screams.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we don't officially know what the plan is for Lillard's character in the movie, but we do know that Scream seven is set to be released in February of next year.
Speaker 1: The Fire Aid.
Speaker 3: Benefit concert was last night in la and it didn't end until about three this morning, when on all night it was a night full of star studded performances. Green Day and Billie Eilish opened up the show. Then there was a Nirvana reunion pretty much Chris Novasale. They were joined by Pat Smear, Saint Vincent, Joan Jet, and then Violet Role came out. We got to see Dave with his daughter. Pretty cool. We have a predict of that on the show.
Speaker 1: I think you did. I think you did. Yeah, I said, I go. If Dave Grohle was ever going to come out and do some sort of a first performance after his bombshell news last year, this would be the time they were never mentioned anywhere in any press release, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, nothing, And they did it and.
Speaker 3: They cried, Yeah, it's really cool. But then they played a bunch of stuff. They did play Breed and well, we have a bunch of stuff from that on the on the blog page today right at Chilli Peper's played Danny California Californiacs and Under the Bridge and then Lady Gaga closed out the night. They did leave the donation side up, so you can still donate to help those affected by the LA wildfires at fire aidla dot org if you would like to.
Speaker 1: I heard before the first note was hit sixty million. Their starting point, which was already donating insane. You're starting at sixty million, absolutely insane, before Green Day even strums the guitar crazy. Those are Houston's headlines, all right. What you got in sports?
Speaker 3: Well, the Rockets called the Grizzies last night one twenty one nineteen. They're now thirty two and fifteen on the season. They're gonna have a day off today before playing the Nets tomorrow at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: And then in football, the Pro Bowl.
Speaker 3: Is on Sunday, and by that I mean flag football is on Sunday. Peyton Manny's gonna be coaching the AFC team while Eli Manning coaches the NFC. Four Texans are gonna be on the AFC squad, Joe Mixon, Nicocollins, Derek Stingley, and daneil Hunter Joe Mixon looked pretty good in the Dodgeball I saw clips of that yesterday. I think he helped the AFC win the Dodgeball competition last night.
Speaker 1: Game starts at two on Sunday afternoon. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC. That is what's going on in sports. Okay, here we go, guys. I'm getting ready to send you off into the weekend. But we party a little bit on Friday mornings, so I hope you're down for a party. That's all it is. It's a four hour party. Free beer Friday. First case of beer is locking load. Start thinking about it. If you want to get involved and play fresh out of bed, head to your head. Are we jumping around this morning, hopefully in the seven o'clock hour. So yeah, lots of stuff for you, but let's get rolling with this beer. The most interactive show on the radio starts now.
Speaker 4: Bam Friday. You've done Free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning, Hello, who's this Alfonso? Would you like some beers. Heck, yeah, I'm casible. I got a case of I'm gonna set aside a case for you. Alfonso. Oh awesome, Well check this out. I was the last freebie a few Friday, winner of last last last year, you won your last show. You won the nine o'clock beer on our Christmas show Christmas. Oh yeah really yeah dude, yeah yeah, I waited my thirty days thanks January thirty one. Well, you're over thirty days. I think our last show was on the twentieth of ye, so yeah, forty one days. I guess something like that. Dude. Congratulations a fonts awe you from I forget make them all right, baits out on a big beer board. Dude, congratulations on how many have you won beer a lot with us over the last twenty years? Maybe third?
Speaker 5: This is like twelve thirteen times?
Speaker 1: Yeah almost, yeah, dude, yeah, I would say the answer to that question is yes, you have one beer a lot from us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not like the other guys.
Speaker 1: That's been well done a bunch of times, but yeah, a lot. Where's Robbie call her number ten?
Speaker 7: What is right?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He has got a million. I don't know Robbie is a million all right, well font so listen, enjoy your beers. You don't have to have a great weekend. Thank you, Thank you, brother, thank you. All right, hook up, Chilly, all right, starting with the Smashing Pumpkins. I don't have time to get into it, Alex. Do you believe that Billy Corgan and your favorite comedian Bill Burt Do you think they are half brothers? With everything that you've seen? There was an ambush of Billy Corgan kind of came into a podcast recently with Howie Mandel. Howie Mandel set up an ambush and said, hey, Bill Burr was the guest. He brought Bill William Corgan, Billy Corgan on and said, hey, here's your half brother, and your guy didn't seem very happy about it. Is there a chance? I think it's a bit too. I think it's just I don't.
Speaker 3: Think Bill Burr's podcast twice this week and he kind of referred back to it, and it was like thanks for all of you guys who reached out to me about how much of a bit that it was, and he kind of made like light of it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you don't think they're really half brothers? I do not.
Speaker 3: I think his dad was also a dentist and not a traveling musician like Billy Corgan's dad was. Okay, so it's a big troll, which works. I got a bunch of clicks. Are we're talking about it? You know, Billy likes to be in the news.
Speaker 1: And Bill Burr is like slamming Howie Mandel for surprising him with the whole thing. I'm going to lead to more downloads to both of their podcasts. They're all three bald. You can't trust them. Yeah, no, he trust a baald guy. No, all three of them are bald. I don't believe any one of them. Good morning, everybody. I don't mean that. I don't mean that you can always trust the bald guy like your brother Ron Daniel came back into our lives yesterday. Daniel hasn't played in a couple of years. I'm talking about the fresh out of bed head to your head. He's going for win number two Monster Jam tickets in Homeroom, Chile. He's making you wait to the last thing we do on the show today. He's making you wait to know the show to win your nine inch Nails tickets. Nine in Nails tickets went on sale Wednesday, and about an hour later they were gone. So sold out nine inch nails tickets. You know the show. You have to listen to everything that we say because Alex is gonna ask you a question about something that we covered on the program. You can make this one as difficult as you like. Bro, that's a big ticket. It's a big, big ticket, all right. So yeah, the last hour will be open phones. There's a lot to catch you up on. I started going through some of the dudes that submitted for mile of Meat. I want to talk a little bit about that today. There should be about fifty or more of you now on the beer board, one hundred bottles of Love Street Blonde on the wall. Have you submitted your photograph yet of you your selfie with the picture with your bottle or can of Love Street Blonde. We're adding people every day to the beer board, and we're gonna do a little numbers situation. You guys know how the squares work. It's all for the big game, and we're gonna give well. Carbok gave us twenty five hundred dollars to give to you guys, So five hundred dollars given away at the end of the first second and then third quarter, and then another five hundred dollars given away on the final score, and then there's an additional chance on there to win five hundred dollars. Just go get money, okay, and I'm gonna give you this weekend. It's not too late to send in your picture. It's not a first come, first serve. We're just randomly putting ten people up a day, so you could get your love stream Blonds this weekend. Take yourselfie, send it to us on Monday. You might go up on the board, okay, because we're gonna be adding people all next week. So beautiful weekend on tap. I can't wait to tell you about that on the flip as well as a wreck check and Alex will get us all caught up on what's trending. Man, thanks for joining us on this Free Beer Friday.
Speaker 8: Houston's alternative and home at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Welcome back everybody, Free Beer Friday. Can't wait for open phones. Last hour of the show. All right, I said, I wanted to talk about this weather, and I was super excited about it. I don't see anything over a ten percent chance of rain today, sunny and sixty eight. I might be able to wash my car. Okay, that's what I've been waiting for. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain Saturday and Sunday, sunny skies both days. Seventy two is you're high. On Saturday, we got we might get all the way up to seventy seven on Sunday. This my kid was just a little bit older. Yeah, so she could wash the cars eventually do that. There wasn't a there wasn't a summer day. I know it's not summer, but there wasn't a day, a nice day in my neighborhood where somebody wasn't in their driveway washing a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you ever see anybody washing a car themselves? I had seen that. Really, why do they have a service? Do they have it at your place? You have an area where you could do it?
Speaker 3: Like not currently I live in an apartment. But yeah, I mean growing up to seeing neighborshood, yeah.
Speaker 1: But not now you never see people washing their own cars. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. What are you doing?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: What's trending?
Speaker 3: Fire eight is trending? That's I mean it was a star stud at concert. You could hear it on night provide the Buzz. Last night there was a near Boondery re union. That was probably the highlight it immediatet least violent Grole came out and sang with her dad.
Speaker 1: That was cool.
Speaker 3: Read out Tillie Pepper's Reform Green Day was there, Billie Eilish, Lady Gaga closed things out, and just about anybody else you could imagine was there. We got also all kinds of stuff about that on the one Much rod Ridan Show page at buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: You know who was kind of like the host? See that? Billy Crystal Really yeah, he seems hosty and he lost his home. He's got a longtime family home there. He lost his home. Yeah, so yeah, Billy Crystal was kind of the host.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, the DC plane crash is also still trending today. There were no survivors announced yesterday they did they were able to get the black boxes from the wreckage. But yeah, that just that that tragedy continues to we talked about all day today.
Speaker 1: And then Justin Tucker is trending.
Speaker 3: The Baltimore Ravens kicker is being accused of Deshaun Watson and some missuses in the Baltimore area. He's got some sexual misconduct allegations by six messuses in Baltimore. Tucker did come out yesterday though and denied the allegations. But people are talking about that online. That's just trending. By ninety by Advice.
Speaker 1: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 9: This is Daniel.
Speaker 10: Like I said, it's been a minute since.
Speaker 1: I've played this game, but I am here, fish out.
Speaker 7: Of bit of head to head.
Speaker 1: One day champion. Sorry, alet, keep doing that little gravy thing you're doing over there. It's past the great, damn it going me on three beer Friday when I make it win number two. That sound a little like hell a little bit. But Howard never dishes back past baby like he did.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: He of course he knows the name of your podcast.
Speaker 3: Somebody.
Speaker 1: He told me yesterday. This guy, he said, pass me something. He knows the name of you. Yeah, yeah, close enough. Mundo sent me more questions. I'm like, dude, I think we're good on your questions. He's like, bro, I need redemption. He's like, bro, those are Mundo's questions we used yesterday. He's like, dude, I was listening. I was laughing. Please plea. He sent me more I don't know if we're gonna use him or not. I haven't looked at him. Seven one, three two. If you want to take on this Daniel guy, who I think sounds just like hell Ron Ryan's free beer Fridays, Wow, you gotta get me one bean on ninety four five The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan Show. Jelly Roll performed last night fire Aid. He brought out he said, listen, I'm jelly Roll. I'm from Nashville. I want to play some clips because there were some really really there's some great moments and great collabs that happened last night. Jelly Roll said, you know, I'm here, I'm from Nashville, but I love this city and I can't just do this song by myself, so if I can bring out a native to help me out, and he brought up Travis Barker on the drums, and then he did this is my favorite songwriter, Bob Seeger, and he did the song Hollywood Knights, which is a great Seeger song, but Travis Barker on drums, and it was you know, Travis Barker doesn't play anything normal speed, so it's all sped up it's pretty great. I do want to play some clips, but you can go. And Chile's putting together a blog page for fire Aid and a lot of clips on there. Nirvana was the highlight. Are you kidding me? Dave Grohl was never mentioned as being a part of it, and Chris Novas helec and it was a Nirvana reunion with a bunch of people filling in on vocals that we've got clips too, on leaks and guests. Son, these guys today nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, high of sixty eight seventies this weekend.
Speaker 11: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners.
Speaker 1: Daniel, good morning, Good morning Rod. What's the name of Alex's podcast? He knows, he just didn't know yesterday, Yeah, after he was told the name Daniel. Daniel, you're going for win number two today. You're taking on Mike. Hello, Mike, Hey, good morning, fresh fish. Smell them Yeah, let me get over here, let me smell you listening all the time. Play the home game now, Fresh Mike, Thank you, Mike's good to have you on. Jeez, we get excited. We haven't had a fresh fish on in a long time. Shame. Everyone's excited. All right, Mike, what's the name of Alex's podcast? Get all right? All right, Mike, here's the deal. All new questions, Mundo. I can't do it, Nicole, you're just denying, denying Mundo's question. Did all that work? Nicole did a lot of work, sent me a lot of questions. Nicole, Clay and Kiln the pottery chick. All right, which comes out to our events, Daniel and Mike. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. Mike, You've never played before, so all you got to do is just shout out that name and then I'll call upon you and give me the correct answer. You're playing for a rod Ryan Show T shirt. That's me feeding back. All right, Here we go, game on question number one. Thank you Nicole for the questions. According to the adage, what should you not count before they've hatched? Daniel? Mike, Daniel correct answer, even with that little delay, you got it in. Okay, So Mike, here's what you did. Here's what you did. You knew the answer, you went, uh, Mike, and so in that time, Daniel had already said his name. So just just the name. Just blurt it out. Daniel's on the board. Got it's okay, you fresh Fish. You had to get that first one under your belt. Question number two, Alex, you're listening for Mike. You're listening for Daniel mostly Mike mostly. Question number two, how many leafs does a lucky clover have? Daniel, Mike Daniel by a mile force correct answer or is a correct answer?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: And that's Mike the fresh he's laughing at himself. Now, he's just laughing, kicking. Well, okay, do you win. When you're playing in the car and you're listening, you probably smoke everybody, right, yeah, okay, yeah, And that's that's a common tale that we hear. Once you get on, seems a little faster. All I say to fresh Fish is bro glad to have you on. You did good, you cut you took a couple of swings. They were late. Next time you'll be faster. I hope you get in again and play. All right, we got you thirty All right, Mike, have a great weekend. Daniel. Alex isn't happy. I am, You're fine. Don't worry about it. There's no delay. How about that? He's trying to say some nice things, No cares, there's no delay, all right, Daniel, you want to play on Monday? Absolutely my good all right, hang on, good job show. Sad effects include mood swings, mood swings ninety four or five buzz evans. It's with my brother Paul McCoy from twelve Stones. Let's bring me to life, Ron Ryan Show on a free beer Friday today, nothing over a ten percent chance of rain, sunny skies five about sixty eight. Then we get into the seventies this weekend, seventy two to the high tomorrow seventy seven on Sunday with sunny skies and nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain.
Speaker 11: Bring me the champion fresh out of bed Head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 5: Good morning everybody.
Speaker 1: This is Daniel. You're a fresh out of bed head to head two day camp to Alex. I promise I know the name of your podcast.
Speaker 12: Who cares join me on Monday when I'm making a win number three?
Speaker 1: Because what can he do? Alex? He's that thick. He's trying to get back thing he wants back in. He'll never get back here. He wants back in her You're out. You can't get back in the only way out out fox let him in. No, open your heart. I'm not going open that cold, close, dead heart of yours. No, No, all right, let's go. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart in front of your buddies. It's the fuck that to the day. Alright, here we go. Hey, hell, I got some fun facts here, got a minute, bring it. The word duds in milk duds came about the company that created them. They tried to make them perfectly round, but they found that it was just impossible, so all of them wound up being duds.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 1: I thought it was a good one to start with. I think so now. The current lead singer for Toto, he was also the singer in the eighties, you know the song Africa the band Toto. The guy's name is Joseph Williams. His father is responsible for the music Close Encounters. His dad did the music for Schindler's List. His dad did the music for Home Alone. His dad did the music for Hook. His dad did the music for Harry Potter. His dad did the music for E. T. Know Who He Is? Indiana Jones. His dad did the music for Jaws. He did Jurassic Park and his dad did the music for Star Wars. Do you know his name, John Williams is? His dad is John Williams has done the greatest movie soundtracks of all time. That's true.
Speaker 13: Wow?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a resume, right for his dad. Of course, of course his kid's a musician. Finally, squirrels. How about squirrels. How about those squirrels? Everybody? They hibernate so hard they sleep like chili. Okay, they hibernate so hard you could juggle them without waking them up. You want to. Now, you shouldn't juggle squirrels, but I'm just letting you know you could. The fuck that's to the Day. We make you look smart and funny. Everybody's it's the fuck that's to the day. Okay. I have tickets to Sunday's Monster Jam, a four pack with pit passes. You can buy your tickets at ticketmaster dot com or you can just win them from us. It's your oh okay.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Suitor Family. The Suitor family from Viking, Alberta, Canada. I would like to be from the city of Viking's badass, right.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 1: The Suitor family. They had seven boys, six of them went on to be NHL players in the seventies, in the eighties, and you guys started rifling off a bunch of big names. They went on. Some of them went on to be coaches, and they were all All stars and everything else. The seventh son went on to do something else. What did that seventh sun do? Seven one three two one two five nine four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash, seven boys, six hockey players. The other one did something else? Was it a big hockey guy?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Didn't have to be How do you do on Wall Street? Yesterday? Well, we finally got some green arrows.
Speaker 15: The Dow was up one hundred and sixty eight points kick off this morning at forty four thousand and eight eighty two. Nasdaq up forty nine to nineteen thousand, six hundred and eighty one benchmark ten year Treasury, it's trading at a four and a half percent, and oil stands at seventy two dollars fifty three cents a barrel. To the most actives of the big studs IBM, Boeing and Nike, the big milk Duds, Duds, Microsoft, Caterpillar.
Speaker 5: And Salesforce.
Speaker 15: On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on personal spending also personal income for December. Right now futures. Hey, they're on the upside. Hang on to this be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 5: That's it. I'm out of here.
Speaker 15: This is how Lim Minature Director with Ramy James, the Rock Ron Show from Raymond James on.
Speaker 1: Sand Philip and Augusta.
Speaker 9: Don't forget those rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 16: Famian's expressed are those of All Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James and associates than coome I ever, NYC, as, IBC I ART Radio or sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to RAN. This program is for educational and informational services on Theistodes and dots are based on movement as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Thanks ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back Rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday in other case of beer coming up at about ten minutes, but right now you're back listener Alex on the phone. Hi, Hello, how's it going, good Man?
Speaker 5: How are you?
Speaker 1: Alex? Good good, Welcome to the show. I appreciate you being in homeroom. The Suitor family. Why is this not a movie, Alex Media. They're from Viking, Alberta, Canada. They had seven boys, six of them went on to be NHL players. Seven boys, six of them made it to the NHL. That's ridiculous in the seventies and the eighties, the seventh one. What did the seventh one do? Alex?
Speaker 11: He won ten million dollars and didn't need to play hockey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was a lottery winner.
Speaker 17: Yes, third Yeah, Lee, that whole family's a lottery winner.
Speaker 1: You are absolutely right. Congratulations. I'm gonna give you a four pack of tickets with pick passes to Monster Jam this Sunday. Everyone else can go to ticketmaster dot com. Alex, You're awesome, dude. Have a great weekend. Thank you.
Speaker 18: Appreciated that you have a good one.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you.
Speaker 16: Smart phones, laptops, smart tds.
Speaker 1: This is your sound.
Speaker 16: Whatever way you listen, we are there. Tell your smart device to play ninety four or five The Buzz on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Blankewnadan two is doing their own version of fire Aid really gonna have Matt Skiba. They're one time lead vocalist Alkaline Triol singer Elkaline Treo's going to open up. So they weren't a part of last night show. They were not. They're just doing their own thing for whatever reason. There's reasons. But I just raised money in multiple ways. Yeah, yeah, yeah, we just don't know what they were. Maybe for some reason last night did not work out. Parker was a part of it. He was, Yeah, I told you. Jelly Roll brought him out to do a Bob Seger cover Hollywood Knights, which is about Hollywood Boulevard and you know it's it's a California based song. Even though love me some Bob singer Bob Seger Detroit, Yeah, the OJ Detroit guy. Well, I guess him and Ted Nugan. How about tonight Sunny Skies Today? Why do you know that? I like Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet vand Bro I gotta through phases? Was your dad into them or something?
Speaker 3: My wife's dad, when he would drive her to college, would pick I Got Old like a like a classic rock band, and he would play it for her, like all the way from Grand Perry to Huntsville when he was driving her to college when she didn't have a car.
Speaker 1: Okay, So she just learned about a bunch of that.
Speaker 3: So when I ride in the car with my wife, she's got some some classic hits on I like Bob Seed.
Speaker 1: So maybe all of this brainwashing I'm doing with my daughter is going to work absolute Okay, I hope, So thank you that gives me hope. Ten percent chance of rain sunny today, I have sixty eight nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday. Sunny skies all weekend, guys, the as Alex likes to put it, the humidity will be low and we're going to be in the seventies this weekend. A beautiful weekend. All right, let's go with Houston's headlines yet. Well, good morning everyone.
Speaker 3: It was announced yesterday that there were no survivors in the horrific crash between an American Airlines passenger jet and a military helicopter. Dive teams suspended their activities just before four pm yesterday after they recovered all the bodies that they could without moving the fuselage of the plane.
Speaker 1: They did recover the.
Speaker 3: Black boxes from the crash, and officials say that the flight's manifest could be public as soon as today. The FDA approved a new type of prescription pain medication yesterday. It's the first non opioid pain medication that's been approved to treat modern to severe acute pain in over twenty years.
Speaker 1: The drug is called djerneviks.
Speaker 3: I think I said that correctly, and it doesn't have any addictive properties.
Speaker 1: It was found to reduce pain in.
Speaker 3: Adults by about fifty forty eight hours and was also found to be as effective at reducing pain as hydrocoding. Again at non addictive properties. This is good in the fight against opioids.
Speaker 1: It's a really weird story for us to cover, but it's everywhere.
Speaker 3: It's been an opioid epidemic for years, and if we can get people off of some of that stuff, then maybe we can start fighting against that. You know, a painting that was bought for fifty dollars at a garage sale in Minnesota turned out to be a van Go painting that was worth fifteen million dollars. An antique collector founded at a garage sale back in twenty nineteen and liked it for its van Go like qualities.
Speaker 1: Turns out he liked the Vango qualities because it was a van Go.
Speaker 3: He's unbelievable, like the like you know, the little spinnies on here, like it looks a little starry nighty. Turns out it was also made in eighteen eighty nine, the same year that Vango also painted Starry Night And yeah, it was a portrait of a fisherman with a white beard, smoking a pipe and repairing his net near an empty shoreline. The Van Go Museum in Amsterdam purchased it from this antiques collector, so they're going to display it there. But they found like a like a they did a bunch of research on it. They had people analyze it to make sure that it was authentic, and they were able to trace like the pigments and the paintings from.
Speaker 1: Other Van Goes.
Speaker 3: There was a red hair that was left in it too, And I don't know if that was his signature, but I think it might have been maybe maybe maybe, but yeah, so that should be displayed in the in the Amsterdam Van Go Museum, Like what a what a purchase? Though, I think purchase.
Speaker 1: I think that's the dragon that you're chasing. If you're an antiquer, you're always trying to find that thing. You're never in top that, but you're gonna uncover, like, oh my god, this person doesn't even know what they're selling. Fifty bucks. It's pretty fifteen million dollars. There's a blog page if you want to see the painting and all that stuff. There's a blog page up for it on Links and Guests.
Speaker 3: Today the fifth and final season of Stranger Things. It's Netflix sometime this year, but the creators of the show are not leaving the world of the supernatural when it's over. Matt and Ross Duffer are currently working on a new show called Burrows.
Speaker 1: This sounds a lot like Stranger Things, but with old people.
Speaker 3: It's a group of misfits that they say fight another worldly evil, and it's set in a retirement community, so an older person version of Stranger Things. The Duffer brothers said, this time, our misfits are older and are going to get to ride golf carts and instead of bikes. The cast includes Alfred Molina, Geena Davis, and Bill Pullman, and there's no word on when we can expect to see Burrows on whatever streaming service.
Speaker 1: It ends up on I would imagine it probably be Netflix. Those are pretty big names, yeah, but they already locked in for this.
Speaker 3: But being the Stranger Things, guys like you just get to kind of name your price.
Speaker 1: Now you remember Stranger Things? You want more of that? Yeah, we can give you that. What are for older people? Pretty great? I thought you're gonna say that the new Stranger Things was featuring older people because all those kids are old.
Speaker 3: Now that could be just them as old people. Yeah, they're all old now, it would be funny.
Speaker 1: They're not high school kids. They should just.
Speaker 3: Reuse the original cast, give them different characters, but just make them like, dress them up old.
Speaker 1: The same could be said about Euphoria when that comes back. Some of those people are gonna be thirty years old in college. No, but they're gonna be out of college in real life. They're gonna be thirty years old. I'd be wild, and they're gonna play college kids. System of a Down joined an exclusive club this week. Music video for Toxicity hit a billion views on YouTube. It'll be their second song to reach this mice milestone. Chop Stewey hit one billion views back in twenty twenty. Congratulations to System of a down. Those are Euston's headlines. All right, what you got going on? In sports?
Speaker 3: The Rockets fell the Grizzies last night, one twenty to one nineteen. They're now thirty two and fifteen on the season. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Nets tomorrow night, back at home.
Speaker 1: In football, the Pro Bowl is on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Peyton Manning is gonna be coaching the AFC team led by Eli Manning future Hall of Fame at Eli Manning.
Speaker 1: That is who's coaching the NFC.
Speaker 3: Four Texans are on the AFC squad, Joe Mixon, Nico Collins, Derek Stingley, and Danil Hunter. And the game is gonna start at two o'clock Sunday afternoon. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC.
Speaker 1: That is what's going on in sports. Okay, that's one hour down, guys.
Speaker 8: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz.
Speaker 4: Ce Bam Friday, Bam Friday, Bam Friday. You got a free ban Friday, Free Friday, Right Friday Friday and.
Speaker 2: Friday right right, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, who's this lady Lacy? You want some beer? Absolutely well, let's do it, then you're caller number ten. Congratulations Lacey. Hi, Yeah, I'm gonna give you. I'm pumped. I'm pumped, ready to go for this weekend. I'm gonna center with a case of beer. Thank you to our friends at Specs for the beers. Lacey. Where you're from? Montgomery? All right, Montgomery on the beer board. Oh you know what, I think? I have a pull question today. You want to help me out with us?
Speaker 7: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 1: Would you prefer, oh, I'm getting deep, getting deep? Would you prefer, Lacy, extra love, extra time or extra money? What would your vote be for for Valentine's Day in life right now? Your current situation and where you are stationed in the world right now? Which you prefer extra love, extra time or extra money? Extra time? I like that answer. Everyone's going money on this one. Everyone's going money time with the people I love.
Speaker 19: How's that?
Speaker 1: Because that's stuff that money can't buy. Everyone thinks you're gonna be happy, You're gonna get money, and you're gonna be able to buy everything you want. You can't buy extra time. Twenty five percent of our audience say extra time, thirteen percent extra love, sixty one percent of our audience extra money. It's probably the deepest pole question I've ever done with you guys, and I like it, and you pass the test brilliantly. Lacey, I'm glad I asked you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Well done, have a great weekend, enjoy your beers. Thanks, thanks Alex, Thanks Chili, Thank you, Lacey. Pretty cool. Huh Yeah? Think I thought I thought everybody was gonna go money on that one. That's on the that's on the X. Your football team could be good, I would, I would take that over. Yeah, all right, beautiful weekend on tap Sunny's Guys today. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain sixty eight. Let me get into the seventies this week. Have a you kidding me? Low humidity, Alex, humidity low you, midity you. I'm doing that for you. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain. Sonny's Guys, both Saturday and Sunday tomorrow, seventy two, seventy seven on on Sunday, Sonny and seventy seven. What are we in San Diego? It's awesome. Okay, just because we talked about him a couple of times, I'm not gonna try to refresh this, Okay, it's gonna work for me. So fire Aid was last night. You revealed to me today that you're a fan of Bob segerd. That's bizarre how he is a very popular artist because you're you, I don't know, because you put water in your engine that doesn't have anything. I don't know. I was, I was impressed with you. You said that you like Bob Seeger. Fire Aid was last night. Yeah. Nirvana's the headline, right, Yeah, Nirvana's the headline. There was a specifically, yeah, absolutely, there was a Nirvana, which I said, if Dave Grohle was ever going to peek his head out there again and play something, fire Aid would be a perfect thing. Well, he was never listed on anything for fire Aid. Dave Grohl, Pat Smear and Chris Nova Selic got together Breed with lead singer Saint Vincent. They've used her before when they went to the Hall of Fame. School is a song they did. Kim Gordon sang she was from the band The Breeders, Territorial Pissings. Joan Jets sang that, and then they did all Apologies and Violet Grol came out and said that had to be that had to be the main part of it, right, Yeah, it's a big deal. I mean him and his kid. It's like, wait, Dave fathered a child outside of his marriage. What it just wiped it all up, didn't wipe it away. He loves still. Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's like I was telling you this morning, It's like when a coach after a game takes his kids to the podium for the press conference.
Speaker 1: You're like, we gotta like the guy now right. Yeah? Yeah. Black Crows performed, and again there was a bunch of collapse. There was a ton of collaborations that went down. Pink, if I have time today, she did Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You by Led Zeppelin. There was a bunch of bands that did Zeppelin songs, which is cool. Black Crows brought Slash Out, they did Going to California, No Doubt performed, but Jelly Roll did his song I'm Not Okay. And then and then this happened. I want to play you a clip just because now that I know you like Bob Seeger, I know you like jelly Roll, and I know you love Travis Barker. So take a listen to this.
Speaker 20: My name is Jason jelly Roll D four and I am Nashville, Tennessee and is an honor to be here tonight. But I think it's important while I'm on this stage that I see one of my favorite songs by one of my favorite songwriters about one of my favorite cities in America.
Speaker 1: But it would only be right.
Speaker 20: If I did it from with somebody from Los Angeles, California.
Speaker 1: So I would like to bring my big.
Speaker 3: Brother, minister Travis Barker out to play the Tramps tonight.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's a Bob Seger song, it's Hollywood Knights. You know it's Travis Barker. Without knowing it's Travis Barker, he had not said it. What drummer could jump, what drummer could jump on a song? And then all of a sudden, Oh, that's Travis Barker, because it's all Travis Barkery. Immediately, as soon as he starts playing Jelly kills this too sees that that break. That's the sun on men.
Speaker 13: Now Lafornia coach.
Speaker 1: Moresom Midwestern pulling on in on him with no soft castle in the city right there. Oh yes, he's good, huh so good. And I've heard I've been hit and miss on jelly when he does covers, and he absolutely nailed this one her kid's head and this is one of Bob Severer's best songs.
Speaker 13: Yeahs Miles and Miles and wrist and turning her.
Speaker 18: Higher r B.
Speaker 1: Travis Barker always comes in and says, I'm gonna do everything faster than it's supposed to be, songs like a double time to sure, I'm really good. It's good. Yeah. I think another highlight for me was Red Hot Chili Peppers obviously played. We talked about them, we knew they were going to play. They did higher Ground, which is a Stevie Wonder song, and they did it with Stevie Wonder. That's cool. Yes, that's really cool. So I know this all happened when we were sleeping. It went till three in the morning, though, that's what's cool about it. And I just knew that there was gonna be massive moments that came from fire Aid, and I did mention that they went into the thing. There were a bunch of big people that said they were going to match donations and do all of this. They went into the thing. Green Day started before Green Day strum the guitar, they had already sixty million dollars on the books, specifically for fire aid. Sixty million was the starting point. Then the music came on. So they haven't released any numbers yet, but it's gonna break every record for a fire raiser. I'm telling you they really might be. There might be a number stupid like that that comes out of this. Chilly put together a blog page for it. Man, it's worth checking out.
Speaker 5: There was just.
Speaker 1: Something to day. I'm very excited for that. I'm gonna play some more moments throughout the show today, some of the things that really kind of caught my eye. But yeah, you can go to links and guests and look ahead coming up. I'll take a short break, I'll come back, we'll do a direct check, we'll find out what's trending, and we'll get your buzz fast tickets.
Speaker 8: Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back, everybody, getting ready to jump around a little bit excited, excited to get into this weekend. You know it's a big Monster Jam weekend. I wanted to mention that Tomorrow and Sunday Monster Jam we will be in the pits for Saturday only. You can come down and see us. If you got pit passes, you have to buy a separate pit pass, and you have to buy an event a show ticket to buy a pit pass. Yeah, you can't just buy a pit pass. Yeah, yeah, Yeah. So that's kind of how the weekend's shaping up. I got Buzzfest tickets coming up for you in just a little bit. But a beautiful weekend, an absolute stone amazing weekend, Sonny, low chance of rain sixty eight today, nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain Saturday and Sunday sunny skies. Now we get into the seventies, low seventies tomorrow, seventy seven on Saturday. That's gonna be awesome.
Speaker 18: All right.
Speaker 1: What's trending? Fire Aid continues to trend this morning. Everybody's got all the clips.
Speaker 3: We were just playing jelly Roll singing Bob Seeger with Travis Barker playing the drums right there. There's just so many highlights from Hot fire Ay, they're gonna keep coming out throughout the day.
Speaker 1: If you didn't watch it, It's almost kind of like a little present for.
Speaker 3: You because you get cool music clips to watch all throughout your day today why you don't want to work?
Speaker 1: And you know how much I love cover songs. Pink did some of her big hits, but she did Me and Bobby McGee and Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You by Zeppelin. John Mayer did perform. He was supposed to do with Dave Matthews band, but he didn't, but Dave a bowed out, So John Mayer did like Neon and Gravity, but then he did a cover of Tom Petty's free fallin' black Crow is.
Speaker 3: A really good cover of free Fall, and that's one of my favorite Tom Petty covers ever.
Speaker 1: Black Crows and Slashed and going to California. Know the Zeppelin cover you just I just played at the Jelly Roll cover of Hollywood Knights and then higher Ground Stevie Wonder. It's got Sting on base Doom to Doom too, to Doom, and then Sting also joins him on higher Ground Stevie Wonder. So it's it was great. I mean, it was a mentus night, a night, a musical night that we'll be talking about forever. Unfortunately it happened when most of us were in bed right so until like three am. So Chile's got the blog page up, so I know that's trending. What else Jernevex is trending?
Speaker 3: It is the first non opioid pain medication that's been approved by the FDA in the last twenty years. It's equivalent to hyper coding, they say. But it's not got any oploids in it, which is is good that we're fighting against that, and it's it's it's amazing it's been twenty years since something like that has been approved.
Speaker 1: Dude. I'm glad we decided to go with this as a story today just because it's huge and it's everywhere I think, so, I just wasn't sure, you know, what stories to go with after the headlines. Obviously everything with the plane crash, but that story is big to be on the plane crash.
Speaker 3: Sully Sullenberger is trending, the captain that famously landed a plane in the Hudson River and then Tom Hanks played him in a movie called Sully. He did a bunch of interviews yesterday talking about like dealing with plane crashes and whatnot. And I guess everybody's talking about that, but that's what's trending. On ninety four By the Buz all right.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give away some Buzzfest tickets, thank you. Buzzfest is Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster. If only there was like the perfect music for you to dial those there is a yeah, there is, there is perfect call into the station music. It's this right here, all right, I'm gonna go knock out some push up so I have to during this. This is the time that we like to jump around on Friday morning, brod Ryan Show. It's House of Pain ninety four five, the Buzz. Let's get how's the pain? Jump around ninety four five to Buzz. One of the newer and maybe my favorite, I'm a little out of breath one of the newer traditions here on the Rob Ryan Shows. We jump around each and every Friday morning. Man, I hope you guys still like it. I do knocked out a few push ups during that. All right, guys, end of the month. How you doing on your New Year's resolutions? If you have any good stories to share, I would love to pass those along. Full disclosure, I hadn't been talking about it. I don't know. There's some weird sickness going on everywhere.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to talk about it. I don't like bringing people down. I don't like people bringing in I don't like people bringing like when I'm sick. I'm just I'll keep it to myself. I don't want to I don't need all that. I just I didn't work out. I didn't do my push ups the last two days. I've just been feeling like I've had some kind of ick, some kind of crud. No COVID, which okay, that's good, but I don't know what it is. And today's like the first day that I'm kind of feeling better in the last two three days, so perfect going into the weekend, So hopefully you're not there's just a crud going around. I don't know that's how we it's crud.
Speaker 3: I think a bunch of that, like a sort of cough that just like sort of lingers, like they'll get over being sick, but the cough little linger for like a two three weeks.
Speaker 1: So I'm not I haven't done push ups every single day. I haven't done hundred push ups every single day, but I'm gonna do one hundred today. I'm gonna do them this weekend. I'm feeling better. Last two days, I just didn't do it. I'm gonna get back on board, though, So good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's on the phone. Kyle, Hi, Kyle, how are you good?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 1: Are you doing great? Would you like to party with us at Buzzfest on Saturday, May twenty fourth. Hell yeah, well let's Kyle. Le's do it and just bring somebody as cool or it's probably hard to find somebody cooler than you. Bring somebody as cool as you with you, and then let's all party together at Buzzfest.
Speaker 7: All right, I'll give my wife and I are gonna love it.
Speaker 1: Okay, bringing the wife very good. Okay, dude, I can't wait to party with you. Thanks for listening. Have a great weekend, all right, appreciate it, Thank you very much. Appreciate you. Oh, payday today, I could pay twice a month. Yeah, just in time for rent fifteen and the thirty first. Yeah, it's the paycheck is just oh cool. I'll just transfer it all to you guys. It's just a time for child support. Yeah, yeah, sneaky.
Speaker 9: Sorry, that's all right.
Speaker 1: I don't buy it. I don't buy it.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's my kid. So tomorrow is February. Can you believe it? Can you believe it's the end of the first month of twenty twenty five? I believe I can see the TV shows talking about it right now. I definitely will. All right, there's a whole new month on the way, and it starts tomorrow. Let's take a quick look. I usually do this on the end of the at the end of the month. Pro Bowl is Sunday Sunday. Yes, are they doing the skills and all that? Or is that already over the last night on Sunday as well? Okay? Super Bowl is next Sunday, Alex, please write this down. The Daytona five hundred. It's a big deal. It's on February sixteenth. I've had it march to my calendar for year. The NBA All Star Game on the same day as the Daytona five hundred. Could you please remember the Daytona five hundred. I would never read it. Okay, I know you're a racing nut. MLS soccer starts back up on the twenty second, Go Dynamo. Okay. PGA has two big events in February, the Phoenix Open and then the Genesis Invitational two weeks from now. Now, of course, it's award season, so that's kind of the big thing. The big ones include the Grammys are on Sunday, Critics Choice Award, Next Friday, Spirit Awards, twenty second, the Screen Actors Guild the twenty third, And you gotta wait till March. I know you can't wait, but you gotta wait till March second for the Oscars. Okay, but that gives you all month. I use someone that likes to go and see some of the movies that are up for some of these awards. It gives you all month to get ready for the Oscar times I will if I have to rent those things, I will not always. Okay, you got all month March second? Is the Oscars too much TV? The list? I just can't keep off? Like the Voice returns on Monday. Anybody into the Voice? Still? I think it still does big numbers. You know the Mask Singer. I don't even know how it works. I just know that sometimes the head pops off and it's Terry Bradshaw like, I don't know how it works. And then are you is that is Rob Gronkowski singing underneath the mask or is it pretty recorded? I don't know how it works. I've never watched even a second of the show, but it's it's like in its eightieth season, so it's been around all right, the mass singer back on the twelve. Cobra Kai is returning on the thirteenth. I didn't know I was out of business with Cobra Kai. Am I back in? I'm the thirteenth. I want in on this. The Four Nations Tournament in the NHL is also happening. Oh, thank you? Next month, jeez, I didn't even see that.
Speaker 3: Instead of it All Star Break, they have Sweden, Finland, Canada, the United States playing in a little tournament.
Speaker 1: For two weeks. Okay, but don't forget to write down the Daytona five hundred. Yeah. Hey, White Lotus is back. Are you in on this? I am in. You're gonna watch Thirton Goggins is on it this year. It's the third season of White Lotus, guys. It's good, It's uh. The third season will be on the sixteenth, created by Ned Sneaveley.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Valentine's Day again on the fourteenth, guys, don't forget it's again on the fourteenth and some stuff. Okay, Oh, why you can't. There's no excuse. It snuck up on me again. No, it's the fourteenth, guys. If you want to be taking care of a month later, for staking BJ Day. Make sure you take care of your girl on the fourteenth. Okay, Valentine's Day, we're gonna be doing the mile of meat. Valentine's Day is on a Friday, and I got confirmation it's locked in. Teresa is gonna be on the morning show that Oh yeah, yep, she's hell yeah. I mean, at least I have her saying that she's going to do it in an email. Valentine Valentine's Day. President's Day is on the seventeenth. I think we're gonna be off on that day. Black History Month is all of February. Groundhog Day is Sunday. There's gonna be a National Pizza Day thrown in there. There's a Margarita Day thrown in there, and it's on a Saturday, so that's dangerous. Margarita Day on a Tuesday is already dangerous. Margarita Day, National Margarita Day on a Saturday this month super dangerous. Maybe I'll have my first mark. Maybe I doubt it. Maybe I will though. Coundar no, no salt, that's nasty. It's rod Ryan's Free beer Friday. Come on, let's have some fun. What drink strinks for me?
Speaker 5: Come Saturday.
Speaker 1: It is a boot fuel of sex shop where anything goes. You don't file much more.
Speaker 3: You grab a beer and let.
Speaker 19: It burn on.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, Oh man, it's so good. Ninety four or five the Buzz. These are the salad days. There's valid These are the salad days. You want to recognize them while you're in them. Driving in this morning, I'm listening to my favorite radio station, ninety four to five the Buzz, and I hear that three Days Gray Song, and I forgot what a banger that was. Yeah, again, that's something that I can't I can't tell the guy what to do. I can't tell him how to do his job. He's good, okay, Wizard's good at his job. Then three Days Gray Song should be played all day. It's awesome. Oh mg, it's so good. I'm glad we're playing this new Papa Roach, this new Shine Down. Guys. There is awesome new music happening. And we're just one month into the year. Can you believe it's the last day of the year. You believe it? Can you believe it already?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's February. We just started the year and we've already made a month. There is great new music out right now, awesome new music. I can't wait to see what this year brings. Man, it's gonna be great. I absolutely cannot wait. That Papa Roach song this killer, I absolutely love it. Good morning. I hope you have to a great start to your day. Everybody. We haven't even hit the halfway point of the show. I got another case of beer coming your way, uh chili. I had some assistance. Now in years past when we talked about the Mile of Meat, we've you know, we've we've had Tessa kind of vetting before that, we had Dinah vetting the applicants, and.
Speaker 3: By that we mean finding guys that they found attractive. Yeah, and then uh, it was just if you're a firefighter, dynamo, but you're doing it ye.
Speaker 1: Dinnad was like, if you're six to two with a beard, you're in. It was like, how do we have nineteen firefighters out of the twenties. What does everybody on the Mile of Meat have a beard?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 1: Dinah likes beards. I mean Teresa did it back in the day. You know, So now you got us they have boys. Now you got three hard legs over here, and we're we're trying to figure out who we should put out there on the roadside Chili. There was a lot of guys though.
Speaker 9: Yeah, there was a lot of contestants, I mean people, and when we're still taking applications, so.
Speaker 1: I think we should keep it up all weekend. All right, okay, crazy, I'm going through looking at these things. I need five more quality guys and then we could lock it in. Okay, that's actually not that bad. I feel super strong about fifteen of them. I feel good about another seven. There's a couple of guys that just didn't fill out stuff. If you leave an Emchilly knows this, and I understand your frustration. If you leave something blank, I don't think you know how to follow directions, you're not gonna show up, or I don't think you're interesting, or if you left anything blank, it immediately went into nopile.
Speaker 3: You know what. A very simple fill out a form like it's not that it's not gonna take ten minutes.
Speaker 1: So some of that was easy to kind of go through. Yeah, I was.
Speaker 9: I was shocked at you send an email saying, hey, dude, I already got like a couple fifteen right now.
Speaker 1: What I think we got fifteen studs good. Okay, girls, you're gonna like what you see out there. You're gonna like what you see I'm putting in the time here.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: Leave it up this weekend, promote the hell out of it on socials. And this is my call to quality single men. There's room for you in the Mile of Meat. Come play with us, Okay on Friday, February fourteenth, Alex to be on the road side. We're gonna need you in the morning, and then we're gonna need you at the party Cactus Cove in the evening, Okay, where you're gonna get the blank date you're gonna meet the meat of the Mile of Meat. The meeting portion is in the evening. I just need you to be fun. I need you to fill out that application and don't leave anything blank. Make our jobs easy by leaving it blank.
Speaker 9: Now, it's just not the guys that we're appealing to.
Speaker 1: Now, you know, ladies, you are important too, well, they're huge. By then we're.
Speaker 9: Gonna need y' all in the morning and at at the evening event too.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 9: So I want to see a lot of girls show up man, single girls, you know.
Speaker 1: And then but I'm saying our meat we're gonna have factory sealed freshness usd Okay, what wago Okay, we're gonna have twenty wagoos out there, Primo, all right, what are.
Speaker 9: You taking them to? Photo to Joanes.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So guys, if you're not in yet, it's not too late. I need you to sign up for the Mile of Meat. Okay, you gotta be a single dude, and we're looking for all ages. Okay. That means I don't care if in your if you're in your twenties, your thirties, your forties, your fifties, or your sixties a legal of age though, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, twenty one year older for sure to party with us. So that's it. I mean, that's my last. Please, how would you not want to come? After what we just said? Why would you not want to go to this party? It's gonna be awesome. Are you a single dude? Are you a catch? Are you looking to do something a little different? I've got it for you, The Mile of Meat. That's it. Get involved with us this year Rock and Alternative with The.
Speaker 16: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show had to be free beer Friday, everybody, beautiful weekend on tap, guys, even today, ten percent chance of rain sunny sixty eight. Boom, write me up that prescription all weekend. No, it gets better. Nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain for Saturday and Sunday. You're gonna have sunnies guys both days. I'm thinking about old school washing the car, oh and teaching the kid like she needs to learn, Like this is what you're gonna be doing, like a certain future. You want to make money, You've got to do this. Yeah, So sunny's guys today, wash the car weekend. Tomorrow's seventy two, Sunday seventy seven. That's awesome. That's awesome. We're just coming up on the halfway point. Got more beer coming up for you in just a little bit. Right now. Alex has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Well, it was announced yesterday that there were no survivors in the horrific crash between an American Airlines passenger jet and the military. Hellic dive teams suspended their activities just before four pm yesterday in the Potomac River after they recovered all the bodies that they could without moving the fuselage of the plane they did recover at Black Boxes from the crash, and officials said that the flight's manifest could be released to the public as soon as today. Several FBI officials were given a choice yesterday to resign, retire, or be demoted. The senior officials that were given the ultimatum included six assistant directors that were promoted by former FBI Director Chris Ray. Those directors were in charge of overseeing criminal, national security, and cyber investigations. The FBI declined to comment on the demands, and President Donald Trump defended.
Speaker 1: The move, saying that some of them were quote not doing their job. Seven eleven wants to reward us for making it through January. Can you believe January is almost Overrod? How are they doing? That's today? I can't believe it. Today is the end of January. Yeah, they're going to give us free slurpees to reward us.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be able to get a free small slurpe today at participating seven eleven Speedway and Stripes location.
Speaker 1: The company says that, quote the long days of.
Speaker 3: January can feel like the month will never come to an end, and this year has been no different. So have a free slurpery on us and shift your vibe for the rest of the year. Free slurpees are limited to one per customer, but no purchase is necessary, So get in it on that while you can.
Speaker 1: Are they assuming that we're having a bad month or something? Yes, I'm I didn't have a bad month. I didn't either. Well no, I don't know. The Eagles are in the Super Bowl. Well yeah, the football thing didn't go my way. But other than that, I side of sports, I feel like it's been a pretty good start to the year. Now, Listen, I don't take politics as seriously as some of y'all used to. I think maybe that's dictating and people are having a go a bad month. I don't know. I thought January has been a great month. Matthew Lillard is coming back for Scream seven.
Speaker 3: His character Stu was one of the killers in the original movie spoiler alert, But he died or did he? There's always been a debate amongst fans over whether or not his character really died in the movie after having a TV dropped on his head.
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: We don't officially know what it planned for Lily's care.
Speaker 3: We don't officially know what the plan for Lillard's character is for the new movie, but we do know that Scream seven is set to be released in February of next year.
Speaker 1: Our main story, though, the fire Aid benefit concert was last night in La. It didn't end until about three this morning.
Speaker 3: It was a night full of star started performances like Green Day and Billie Eilish opening up the show. The Nirvana reunion was the highlight to me. Dave Grohl and Chris Novaselek. We're joined by Pat Smear, Saint Vincent, Joan Jet and Violet Roll and the Red Hot Chili Peppers played Danny California, Californiication and Under the Bridge.
Speaker 1: Then we had Lady Gaga close things out on the night.
Speaker 3: They did leave the donation site up though, so you can still donate to help those affected by the LA wildfires at fireaidla dot.
Speaker 1: Org if you'd like to help out.
Speaker 3: And we've got a blog page of all the fire Aid stuff today at the Wildfomage Rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Check this out. This is Pink. You know she's doing led Zeppelin I Leave you. Oh yeah. Pink is probably out of all the pop tarts out there. She just stands alone for me, you know, Katie Perry and all of that stuff. There's something different about Pink. She's more of a rocker. She's rebellious, she's a rocker. She's doing a Zeppelin cover last night. She can whale. Yeah, she's just cool in the summer, Thomas up and she could kick all ther asses. Probably Pink against the world. Yeah, my money's on Pink Bay Bay Bay by. All right, we got highlights, we got clips, we got all kinds of strucial on links and guests.
Speaker 3: When you got in sports rockets found on the Grizzlies last night, one twenty to one nineteen. They're now thirty two and fifteen on the season. They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Nets tomorrow night. Back at home and football. The Pro Bowl is gonna be on Sunday. Peyton Manning is gonna be coaching the AFC team while Eli Manning coaches the NFC. Four Texans are gonna be on the AFC squad, Joe Mixon, Nico Collins, Derek Stingley, and Daniel Hunter. The game's gonna start at two on Sunday afternoon. You can watch it on ESPN and ABC. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: You got Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, and then just throw in Katie Perry. Yeah versus Pink. She takes them on. I'm putting my money on Pink. It is pretty of knives. I think she takes all three of them out.
Speaker 3: It pretty has knives. I think Edge just because you're cutting yourself. I think, yeah, true. Okay, so you go Pink.
Speaker 1: Easton's Rocking Alternatives A.
Speaker 16: Rod Ryan The Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five buzz.
Speaker 1: Free Deer Friday, not just any Friday, Freger Friday. It is free Your Friday has in three two, one, two, five, nine four front the number calls at the number to get three you and let's call that number. Free beer for me, freek beer for you, free beer for.
Speaker 3: Us, give me free beer, give me all the free beer, give me freeper g you give me free beer.
Speaker 1: You Friday, Ryan, Sure, get some common, come and get some feed your Friday.
Speaker 17: Ready for your tongue time.
Speaker 4: Bam Friday. You go free Bam Friday. You come free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. Right free Bam Friday and Bam Friday and Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who is this? This is Summer Vote for Summer. Summer Vote Summer. Hey, your call it ten?
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: That's a line from Napoleon Dynamite, which I'm sure you must have heard a million times in your life. Oh yeah, definitely, definitely half a million, just when you call this dumb show. Hey, Summer, where are you from? Conor? All right, Conro on the beer board, Summer. I'm gonna get you a case of beer. Thank you so much.
Speaker 21: Awesome, I love beer.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Your name is Summer and you're from Conroe. I know you love beer. Okay, it's either you or your little best friend's got a boat and you do your thing out there. Of course. I know you, Okay, I know I love you beer.
Speaker 18: Right.
Speaker 7: Do you have a boat, Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have a boat, but you have friends that have boats.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I got a couple.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, well listen, enjoy your beers. Conroe on the board, Summer, You're awesome. Hang in there for me, Chilli. You'll set you up. That why part of the show. People, Hey, no, wait, no, numbers are in for five yet, uh huh. I told you that they went into the night with sixty million dollars already on the books, money raised specifically for that fund. Sixty million they went in. That's the start of all this great music that happened last night. Green Day opened, Lady Gaga closed, and she closed with some short with some like mellow tunes. I'm kind of thinking they should have gone out with that Stevie Wonder Higher Ground Sting was singing and Flee was on bass. Maybe that should have been the moment that they went out on. I don't know, I don't It's not my thing. Tell me, why do you know that John Mayer covers Tom Petty's Freefall and you told me how great it is.
Speaker 3: I've never read it before. I mean I was in college. I remember when I first heard him cover free falling. Really, I don't think Freefall is that difficult of a song, is it?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 1: They move West? You want to listen to a little bit of it.
Speaker 4: That in the shadow sound of Akers.
Speaker 1: God, damn, No Wonder that guy pulls so much.
Speaker 3: Ass right Like he just sounds like he's having sex with the song when he's singing it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: God, this guy pulls ass free fun, really made it his own. Yeah, that's what I love Anny John Mayer cover. He completely does his own thing with I've seen him. I've seen him in concerts. He's gotten to see him. He's played Jazz Fest. That's why. So I've been fortunate. You know, a lot of times I'm just hanging out and drinking. I'm like, hey, what oh John Amerson like one of those. But he's killer. One of the most underrated guitar players ever. I think it's well known how good he is now. I just feel like he's got listed whenever.
Speaker 3: Whenever you see like best guitar player list, like you hear people, Okay, Mayer is very good, But I don't think he's ever like at a top five list or anything like that.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, it's it's coming around now. He's becoming. He's becoming, I don't want to say, an elder statesman. But he's been around little bit. Yeah, he's helping other people out with stuff. Correct, So he's kind of been a go to guy for a little bit. He's a classically trained musician. I can sing his ass off. He does have his own ExM serious Channel and h and he's the only one on it, Like he just plays all his songs and stuff, and I find myself every now and then checking it out. John Mayer used to be.
Speaker 3: Pred Durst level of douche and he knows it. I feel like he's is, but he's he's more that's trying to fix that.
Speaker 1: Those edges have been sanded off as well, and he's becoming more palatable and he's becoming a go to guy everywhere. And I think it's his self realization that he used to be super douchey. He was going through Hollywood Starlet's one after another after and other. Whether that's douchey or we're just jealous, it doesn't matter. The perception was there, and now he's really kind of thought of as just this really awesome musician. Yeah. I think that that's become his new narrative. So I didn't know he did that as a cover. That's the only clip, that's the only piece of that I have that was awesome.
Speaker 3: Any cover he'll ever do is going to be a very very unique cover. And he's getting crush it probably and then probably still crushing a ton of us.
Speaker 1: And he went through running through people last night, running through people.
Speaker 9: Last night Ink was on stage.
Speaker 1: He's probably running through some other little Philly are you? I don't know who are you? Malex me names Alex from on the Rod Ryan Show. Let me take up short break. I got a guy that was so blown away that we were giving away Cody Jinks tickets. He's like, Rod, you don't even know what you're giving away. How great this guy is. He was in a metal band in his garage and then he went into country. He's like, Rod, you're you. You don't even know it. You're gonna love this guy. I got Cody Jinks tickets for you, rodeohuston dot com March twentieth. We're gonna give them to you on the flip of this break, So don't go anywhere. Fuzz rock and I'll tear it a soond Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am. Yeah, we're rocking and we're alternative thing. Yeah you this morning, guys. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. What looks like it's going to be a beautiful weekend. Eight twenty sunny today, ten percent chance of rain sixty eight the weekend, come on, nothing over a twenty percent chance of rain. Sunny skis both days. Tomorrow seventy two. Sunday's high seventy seven. Heye to burst your bubble if you had a bubble that needed bursting. Next weekend, more possible freezing temperatures coming. We're not out of this yet. But enjoy this week, Enjoy this weekend and the week why you can't? Okay, but yes, I think it's gonna get cold again one more time?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 1: What you got over there? What's trending? Friday is trending?
Speaker 3: Alle Rojas is our Fanny Friday features submitted to us by listener Carlos Go.
Speaker 1: Give her a look, We'll take a lot of people are clicking.
Speaker 3: On that link today at the world famous Ride Rand showpage at the buzz dot com. Also trending is Nancy Kerrigan. She spoke out about the members of the US figure skating team that passed.
Speaker 1: Away on the DC crash yesterday.
Speaker 3: She got very emotional speaking about it, and uh and just talked about how much of those people meant to her and how tragic.
Speaker 1: It was that that happened. Wait wait, wait, Nancy Carrigan was the blonde.
Speaker 18: She was.
Speaker 1: She was the one that took Harding. Oh yes, go Lily ye wait her with the pipe. Nancy Harding took the pipe to the leg.
Speaker 3: Nancy Kerrigan took the pipe. Okay, who's talking to Harding? Nancy Kerrigan was talking last ye or yesterday. Here's why I'm confused, Tanya Harding. She was also trending yesterday because when Nancy Carigan pops up like, they're kind of you can't talk about.
Speaker 1: One with that the other. She went on x for the first time ever. Okay, and I have that from looking at girls blog page today. Tanya Harding did.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: But every time I've seen Tanya Harding in the news, like, but what about Nancy Kerrigan in the same way with Nancy Kagan Hardy because you.
Speaker 1: Linked together like that forever linked. Yes.
Speaker 3: Fire Aid also continues to trend just clips from that show. I saw Kamala Harris and Doug were hanging out there yesterday. It looks like they had a good time. Uh.
Speaker 1: And then just celebrity after celebrity.
Speaker 3: It was really just on I just looked it up on Twitter and it was just you just think that was the first celebrity that popped up.
Speaker 1: You looked at you thought you thought Kamalo was having a good time, Look, well, she's.
Speaker 3: Smiling very big and Doug was also smiling, so I'm glad that they had a great time. And then Jelly Roll played Bob Seeger, Nirvaner Reunion, all that stuff. You can go check that out. We have a whole blog page for the fire Ad recap. That's what's training on night.
Speaker 1: Befy the Bus, Cody Jinks is playing the Rodeo. We've got tickets for you. March twentieth, seventy one, three two looking for color number.
Speaker 16: TEA and the Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five the Bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, the buzz Red jumpsuit apparatus and Face down rod Ryan's Show. Sitting here on a free beer frauday with one case of beer left. Oh no, don't worry about it. We'll be back again next week with more specs to sign down for the year, which is nice, Thank you, Specs. But I got another case for you straight up at nine o'clock and then boom, we'll flip the phones. We'll go to open phones format and you guys can talk about whatever it is you want to talk about. Okay, we'll leave you with nine Inch Nails tickets sold out Nine Inch Nails tickets for their show September twelfth at the Toyota Center. People were asking, did I get tickets for that show?
Speaker 5: I did not?
Speaker 1: You did not? You get secondary market line. So Oasis is playing in Mexico City on that Saturday, and I did buy tickets to that, Like I bought tickets. There's no connections anymore. I don't know what that's one. Many things have changed over the radio business a lot of in the years, and the most Yeah, like all the crappy things stayed and all the cool stuff went away. How is that possible? But you would? Yeah, as far as I getting all kinds of free tickets, that's not really happening. So, yeah, that's the Oasis show in Mexico City that I bought. So I can't I'm leaving on that Friday. I might have to go. It's costing so much money. I have to go see or Ninus Nails somewhere else. Let's go over to the phones here, Good morning, good money him. Sorry, I'm talking about Nine and Nails. Those tickets aren't until know the show. You know, I'm giving away Rodeo tickets right now, right What do you know about this Cody Jinks guy?
Speaker 3: What do you know?
Speaker 18: What do you know?
Speaker 21: I listened to a lot of Texas country music, so he's kind of one of the ones that comes across and I really enjoy his music.
Speaker 1: Is there like a song that I should know about him? Cody Jinks?
Speaker 9: I cannot name one off the top of my head.
Speaker 1: Is he the guy that wrote achy Breaky Heart?
Speaker 19: No?
Speaker 1: Are we getting his name wrong? Is it Cody Johnson? That's a different guy. That's a different guy, Cody and the Yeah, that's completely different guy.
Speaker 4: Is he like?
Speaker 1: Is he a Brooks or a dun What is he? Listen? I know he's a big deal. And that's why I approve the tickets. You know, I know it's not what we play. But if you, guys, if it makes you happy, listen, Is that gonna make you happy to win tickets to go see Cody Jinks at the Rodeo?
Speaker 21: Oh yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's all we care about it. That's it. All I care about is you guys being happy. So that's why I stamped. I said, yeah, of course we'll give away these tickets. So yeah, go have a good time on us at the Rodeo on March twentieth.
Speaker 21: Okay, thank you so much. I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you. Hang on forward me. Okay, I'd like to be one of these guys that's just all pissed off. And I'm not even gonna watch the Super Bowl. I'm gonna watch the Super Bowl, of course I am. I disappointed that my Bills aren't in it. Yeah, what about El presidente the Dave portnoyt Dave Portnoy. He said he's done with football. He of course placed a million dollars on the Bills winning the Super Bowl. He did charlay it into it and stuff like that, and he said because of the refereeing, he's done with football. There's no way he's done. He's not done. Okay, he's not doing I'm not done with football and I didn't even lose a million dollars on it. I'm like, I'm boycott football. At times.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know what, I'm not gonna watch the Pro Bowl games. When I can't watch the games, like when I'm not home, I'm not going to watch it. And that is my boycott at football. I will not watch every second of preseason football next year to boycotts.
Speaker 1: You want to feel like you're fighting in some sort of way against the cities. I didn't watch one quarter of Texans football this year. That's my boycott. I'm not gonna I was driving to the bar. That's why I missed it. But I listened to that on radio. I didn't watch it though. You said you go to a party every year for Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Not every I get invited to a party every year, but usually, like I don't go because it's in the woodlands.
Speaker 1: And gotcha, Yeah, chicken wings at that party? Yeah? Do they have chicken wings? Chicken wings pizza? Do they make them or do they order them? If they order them, here's what I learned. We made chicken wings at my house a couple of weeks ago. Neighbors came over and they all looked at us and said, you can make these at home. They didn't know that. They didn't know that they storm makes. They didn't know that they were this good. Oh okay, I'm finding that what is a bit of a unicorn is serving chicken wings that you make.
Speaker 3: It's really fun to make chicken wings. Just throw them in the oven. You can throw them in the oven.
Speaker 2: Do that?
Speaker 3: I like frying them up, though I did in the oil fry in it and then just getting to flip it in the sauce.
Speaker 1: That's really fun too. Air fryer, okay, a little bit of olive oil and baking soda. A little bit of baking soda on there. That's it. I'm not talking about putting a breading on there, don't get me wrong, but ba is it on top of the wings, a little bit of baking soda and then in the air fryer. People couldn't believe. Now, nothing is as good as fried. Okay, that that goes for you. Crazy infrared turkey cookers on things being You're not gonna ever convince me that that turkey is just as good or in some cases you say, better than a deep fried turkey. Nothing is better than deep frying, can't be okay, nothing's worse for you than deep frying, right, but nothing twice good, But nothing tastes better.
Speaker 3: It takes time off of your life, but it's really good, and that's like why it makes it worth it.
Speaker 1: The people at my house were over complimentary on the wings. They couldn't believe, and one guy even said, you can make these at your house just because I think people just are used to ordering them out. I mean, it's pretty easy to order them out.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: But I don't think wings travel well because they lose their crispiness. Pizza travels well, Chinese food travels well. French fries do not travel well, depending on what kind of French fries. But yes, the wings don't travel well.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I agree with that one hundred percent, but I can see your argument on that.
Speaker 1: Americans expected to eat one point four to seven billion chicken wings Super Bowl Sunday. Okay, it's up twenty million from last year. You could circle the Earth three times or dish out four wings for every single person in America. What a country, dude? One point four to seven billion wings while watching the Chiefs Eagle battle it out. That's up twenty million from last year. When we did that stupid list last week, and chicken wings and pizza weren't listed as like the top foods, and what what was it for Texas? It was hot dogs? You'd be kidding. The hot dogs not not on them menu, but the number one Super Bowl food.
Speaker 5: It's just not.
Speaker 1: Pizza wings are one too, and it's not even close.
Speaker 3: And then you can say dips, but I feel like pizza wings are always at every fugal party.
Speaker 1: You want to make buffalo wings, you do what I said already. Then you get Frank's Hot sauce. That yeah, you cut it with some butter. Okay, and that's what makes it medium, mild or hot. But a little bit of butter in with that Frank's Hot sauce. You can go straight francs, but a little bit of butter, just you know, you're not frying. I love yourself a little butter, and that's it. I seasoned my season them too. I put a little dude steak seasoning. You sees it before you put them in. I seized them before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I could just do the regular wings, put it in the sauce afterwards, and then put them here. You go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I so I take the raw wings. I put a little just a little bit of olive oil on them. I dust them lightly with baking soda, and then I'll use like a steak seasoning, which is just salt, pepper and garlic. A little bit of that on there air fryer. Put them in the sauce. You'll blow people away, You'll blow mines. Number one food, no doubt about it. Chicken wings, the undisputed MVP of Super Bowl Foods, Ryan Show, The b ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show. So when I was talking about the chicken wings right before we played Omens, I may have gotten my it's baking thing mixed up. I mean, I don't think you're gonna hurt yourself if you put baking soda on your wings. Baking powder, making powder, baking powder, yeah, no, baking powder, just a little bit and just dust them. And then Sophia just told me in the hallway, she said, you can try cornstarch. That'll also make them a little crispi er. It'll help crisp them up in the air fryer. If you're frying them, just fry them. And that's what I think I'm gonna do next time, because that's a pain in the ass. My air fryer is like most air fryers, you can put like eight nine wings in there. That's it. At a time, it's twenty minutes. Twenty minutes for eight wings. You have a bunch of people over, you're waiting five years. She's a ton of downtime. I've been getting really into frying lately, just with oil.
Speaker 18: Like I love.
Speaker 1: I love that I have a big, big fryer, like a turkey fryer that if I'm going to do another batch of big Wings, I'm gonna bust that suckers hot. Yeah, super fun though, but the corn stars does make it krispy. My grandma fried every single day in our house, every single day. The fried daddy, it was called a fried daddy that sounds it was like a bucket a boil that just said you gotta look seventies fried daddy, okay, And it just sat there, oh yeah, and like oh yeah. And there was probably a half of inch of grease on her cupboards above it where she had it. I mean she fried every day because my uncles lived there. I don't know, the weird Polish people in never leave the house, and she used to cook for them and French fries every day. She fried in that damn thing. They've got an electric version of it right now. I think it was an electric one. Oh yeah, No, it definitely wasn't electrical. Fried Daddy looks like a barrel. It was like a bucket of grease and it just sat out. It's forty bucks is it a retro water Is it new? They still make it? Yeah? Okay on Amazon the number. The number is one point four to seven billion chicken wings are going to be devoured. Super say, I kind of want wings now too, Tom. I'm gonna give you this weekend. You got homework. Everybody who's got six picks me?
Speaker 5: You do me?
Speaker 1: Okay, we're wizard depending on I'll do it though, I will do it all right. You got six picks? Yes, very good? Now your homework. Listening to the show if you would like a chance to win five hundred dollars during the big game where you guys are gonna be mowing down one point four to seven billion chicken wings. My friends at Carbach have have come up and stepped up big again. So Love Street Blonde is my beer. That's my jam. I want you to enjoy some Love Street Blondes. You guys have a chance to win five hundred dollars on this grid if you make it at the end of the first, second, and third quarter and then the final score. If you get those numbers, you'll get another chance at a five hundred dollars, So two thousand dollars given away during the game after you send us your picture, because what I'm asking you is a good selfie of you and your love Street Blonde. It can be in a can or a bottle, and right here is where you send it. I know a lot of people are sending me get it. Mind's the easiest email address, So rod at the buzz dot com. That's great, but you need to officially submit it right here through the blog page on links and guests, it says rod Ryan Show at the buzz dot com. So that must be some other email that we have. They go into that and that's where they start randomly selecting people and placing them on the beer board. There will be one hundred people up there before game time. Then we'll draw the numbers and then you know how this works with the squares. Then you have your numbers and you watch them throughout the game. Now, after you send us your photograph, and then you just hope that you make the board. There's a click here for another chance to win five hundred dollars from Carbock. This board looks packed, Yeah it does. It's only fifty eight people. I guess that whole center, isn't it just where we're keeping that whole center kind of open right now, square look on it. Yeah, the board looks packed already. I guess there's fifty eight of you on the board right now. That's awesome. Have you checked to see if you've made it? Go look right there on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Good luck everybody, and enjoy some beers this weekend. Responsibly, but get that picture into us, man, because we'll be drawing names all next week the Buzz Rock and all the rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am, ninety four or five the Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Free beer Friday, still on, got one case left and then we'll go into open phones. Thank you specs for the beers again for twenty twenty five. Nothing but sun, sun, sun, sunny today, sunny tomorrow, sunny skies on Sunday. I love it. I love the sun so much ahead when tattooed on my arm for those cloudy days when I miss it. Nothing over a ten percent chance of rain today high of sixty eight, twenty percent chance of rain Saturday and Sunday. I still might gamble on washing the cars. Tomorrow high seventy two. Sunday high of seventy seven. What beautiful weekend.
Speaker 18: Guys.
Speaker 1: We'll see you out at Monster Jam tomorrow. And I want to mention my boy just because I couldn't do it because we're doing Monster Jam tomorrow. But Gunner and the Gang they got the Gumbo Cookoff and I was going to. Of course, I was gonna be there if I didn't have Monster Jam. But they're gonna be out at Cedar Creek. Talk about a beautiful day for that. Oh my god. They're gonna have record numbers, which I don't want to have record numbers because I'm not there.
Speaker 5: I'd like to be.
Speaker 1: Responsible for record numbers, but I would I don't wish that do well. But you wanted to miss you a little bit, a little bit. Yeah, you know what make this more fun? Rod go to Cedar Creek tomorrow for the Gumbo Cookoff.
Speaker 5: I will not be there.
Speaker 1: I'll be I got pre commitments with Monster Jam. But you know I love the Creek Group, love them all. We're gonna be at Cedar Creek for Actue cod Oh we're at Cactus Covetee. I get them screwed up too, the Creek Group. Yeah, Singer Creek Onion Creeks, the one on White Oak. Lots of creeks. We're going to be Cactus Cove on Valentine's Day. I like to call them Priter Creek, so my mom would call them.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 1: One are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Well, it was announced yesterday that there were no survivors in the horrific crash between an American Airlines passenger jet and a military helicopter over Washington. D C dive teams suspended their activities just before four PM when they recovered all the bodies that they could without moving the fuselage of the plane. They did recover black boxes from the Potomac River and the crash, and officials say that the flight's manifest could be released and made public as soon as today. The FDA approved a new type of prescription pain medication yesterday.
Speaker 1: It's the first non opioid.
Speaker 3: Pain medication that's been approved to treat modern to severe acute pain in over twenty years. The drug is called Jernovacs and it doesn't have any addictive proper, which is amazing. It was found to reduce pain in adults by fifty and forty eight hours, and was also found to be as effective at reducing pain as hydrocoding, and again just just with this opioid epidemic we've had in the United States, to have something that doesn't have the addictive properties like that, that's that's a step in the right direction and hopefully we can see some more of these.
Speaker 18: A painting that was.
Speaker 3: Bought for fifty dollars at a garage sale in Minnesota turned out to be a van Go painting that was worth fifteen million dollars. An antique collector found it at a garage sale back in twenty nineteen. He was up in Minnesota, just you know, antiquing. I guess he's like, this is a cool looking painting. He liked it for the van Go qualities he thought it had. Just hey, this looks a little spirally, kind of like Starry Night. Neat let me go for this. It's fifty bucks. Okay, I got fifty bucks. And it turns out it had those Vango qualities because it actually was a van Go. A painting was created in eighteen eighty nine and is an oil portrait of a fisherman with a white beard, smoking a pipe and repairing his net near an empty shoreline.
Speaker 1: In the Van Go Museum in Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: Perch the painting from the Ants Collector again for fifteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: Did you see that Banksy special? When Banksy was in New York City for thirty days, they made like a documentary about it, and he did a gift shop. No, this was another one where it's every day he had something going on in New York City, an installment or something. One of the installments Banksy is this gorilla. He's the most famous graffiti artist in the world, right, and his stuff is worth millions. The rat guy.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there was a guy, an old man, along a row of people just selling things in New York City and he had a camera set up and they were just listed as Banksy's seventy five dollars apiece. Well, nobody thinks that the real Banksy's right, right. Banksy is always trying to pull one over on us because he thinks it's ridiculous how we look at the art world. He's like, what I make is silly, Yet you guys put a price on it, you know, that's a ridiculous thing. He's the guy that shredded that picture at the auction house.
Speaker 3: Okay, so because they bought it, and the second person bought it he had a remote or somebody controlling it and just and he shredded it.
Speaker 1: So this this old guy and this this guy comes along and they're selling them every now and then and they're seventy five dollars a piece or something like that. Some guy bought six of them, and then it turns out that they're real bank sies and they're all worth three hundred thousand dollars a piece. Guy bought six of them, and he thought he was just buying covers like copies. Did he find out that? He did find out because banks He put it out and he goes, see, you guys walked past this and you didn't think they were real. The joke is on us. You guys all walked past original bank sees for seventy five apiece and they're all worth over three hundred thousand. It just goes to show what is art? You know, that's question. He's always questioning what is art? And if you were to walked by and buy one of those, the same thing, but how much the worth?
Speaker 3: That would have been funny if he didn't tell the guy that it was a banksye, And the guy's just like you have to knock off, not knowing.
Speaker 1: That it's a the legit bank. See, the guy didn't know until the documentary came out. The guy bought him just thinking he bought it. That's great. He had him for months, maybe a year, and then he found out these are real Banksies right touched by the hands of Banksy himself. Yeah. The fifth and final season is Stranger Things.
Speaker 3: It's Netflix sometime this year, but the creators of the show are not leaving the world at the Supernatural when it's over. Matt and Ross Duffer are currently working on a new show called Burrows. It sounds a lot like Stranger Things, but with old people. It's about a group of misfits that say they fight an otherworldly evil or that yeah, that fight an otherworldly evil, as the Duffer brothers say, and it's in a retirement community.
Speaker 1: The brothers also said that this.
Speaker 3: Is ours or our misfits this time are going to be on the older side, and they're going to be riding golf carts instead of bikes. The cast will include Alfred Molina, Geena Davis, and Bill Pullman, and there's no word on what we can expect to see Burrows on whatever streaming service it ends up on. I'd imagine it's Netflix, but I am excited about this. I'm also excited about the finale of Stranger Things.
Speaker 1: I can't wait.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have to rewatch it because it's been thirty years. I feel like to be the last season.
Speaker 1: I'm just impressed by the names that he already, that they already, the brothers already have locked.
Speaker 18: In for this.
Speaker 1: If you're an older actor, you know the Stranger Things franchise is just nothing but printing money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, I mean, and when you get in there, like they find really good actors that Eddie Munths And I was watching Gladier too. I didn't realize that Eddie from Stranger Things was one of like the Emperors and the New Gladiator.
Speaker 1: He's blown up too. Eddie lives, and so is Eleven.
Speaker 3: Eddie Forever It's a bit of a Down joined an exclusive club this week. Their music video for Toxicity hit a billion views on YouTube. It's their second song to reach this. Wilestone Chop Stewey did it back in at twenty twenty. Congratulations to System of a Down. That's those are Euston's headlines.
Speaker 1: All right now? What you got in sports? Alex Rockets fell short.
Speaker 3: Last night, they lost to the Grizzlies one twenty to one nineteen, ending their four game winning streak.
Speaker 1: They're now thirty two and fifteen on the season.
Speaker 3: They're gonna have a day off today before they play the Nets tomorrow night back at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: And then in football, the Pro Bowl is on Sunday.
Speaker 3: Peyton Manning's coaching the AFC team while Eli Manning coaches the NFC squad. Four Texans are gonna be on the AFC team, Joe Mixon, Nico Collins, Derek Stingley, and Daniel Hunter. The game's gonna start at two on Sunday. You can watch it on an, ESPN and ABC. That What's going on in sports, all.
Speaker 8: Right, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five.
Speaker 4: Go Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Rock Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Yes, Sir, Hello, who's this? Miss Randy's is it Randy?
Speaker 2: Is it race?
Speaker 1: It's got the sabbatad Randy, you got there. You've got the fourth and final case of beer. Randy. Awesome, dude, thank you. I'm ready. We're from Randelle.
Speaker 21: Thank you for here.
Speaker 1: Great Randy is ready. We're you from thank you? Where are you from?
Speaker 3: Rick?
Speaker 1: Pretty Texas City? Okay, great job, Randy. Enjoy your beers. Man, have an awesome weekend. Right awesome, thank you, Thank you, dude. I can't just have one of those. You got the saber, Randy. I'm telling you, we have to do Ellis. We have to do a bracket style of the best drops. That's a that's a final four.
Speaker 9: How would we narrow it down?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 3: That's thing I don't know, Like March Madness is coming up, But what if you've put out me the opportunity to do. We would have to find sixty four drops that we do. I think if there's a way we can get sixty four, I will. I will tier them, I will tear them, I will I will put seeds and then we can put that together. I will make that. But I need sixty four drops that we really play. That's what I'm telling you right now as someone that is just I love this show. I will do the March Madness bracket. At the end of next month, we will have a sixty four. Yeah, see a sixty four team March Madness best Drop bracket.
Speaker 1: Lis you if we can near it down is my night, Mayam? I like knowing too. There's so many I mean, just for just the things that we use for the torture ten you know, like I love all those torture ten drops. Yes, I mean what would win? Randy beats that? Right, the seven to ten split, Brandy. I think Brandy beats that. Okay, But get inside right now. I know you don't like that, because you don't I do like that. I know you don't like a father yelling at his child. You've never experienced. I have experienced that as a bad child. I know that you don't know what it's like to be yelled at. But I grew up. That's how you asked to get something passed to you.
Speaker 9: Right now?
Speaker 1: Would that win? I would? I would say that's Elite eight at least. I think it's a final four.
Speaker 3: Drum Randy right up there, a cup of coffee in the morning. I think that's gonna go far too well. But like I'm I'm if we can narrow down a list of sixty four. I'm telling you I will make sure that this happens.
Speaker 1: It would be huge.
Speaker 3: We are we have a little over a month and a half to put it together. If we can start doing that now. Somebody emailed me Monday and remind me to start getting this together.
Speaker 5: But we have to do that.
Speaker 1: I think it would be huge. I think it would be huge. Hey, you know what that music means. It's either the Magnificent seven is starting or it's open phones for Friday. Open phones Friday, more like open phones? Fried Yay? Okay? Well, I got Randy on hold, and I got Chris, who gets through the first phone call of open phones.
Speaker 7: Hey Chris, Hey, how's it going? Brother Rod?
Speaker 1: Great man? How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing great. I've been the first phone caller for open phones many many times. It's the only time I get Drew and somehow you.
Speaker 1: Know how to time it, because we're trying to do that transition from you know, getting the fourth beer winner and then somehow you know how to time it brilliantly. So Chris, have at it. Man, you're the guy. What do you got? Well called?
Speaker 7: I called a couple of weeks ago, I'm talking about. I started watching.
Speaker 1: Football this season. I remember, I remember Texans lost.
Speaker 7: I read it for your Bills.
Speaker 10: They lost.
Speaker 7: So I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do with myself after on Sundays after football is.
Speaker 1: Root for the Chiefs? Who you're rooting for on Sunday for the Super Bowl?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 7: I cannot bring myself to root for the Chiefs, mom, Mary, Alex.
Speaker 3: But you're new to it, don't you want to see greatness? The Eagles are literally the definition of not greatness.
Speaker 1: Everyone's sick of the Chiefs.
Speaker 7: I guarantee you.
Speaker 17: I guarantee you that if the Chiefs win this Super Bowl, Kelsey is going to propose to Taylor Swift on the field.
Speaker 7: You know what, I think that.
Speaker 1: I don't think she would.
Speaker 3: I think that's beneath her footballs, beneath her from a silly game that her boyfriend plays.
Speaker 1: Let me just say this, if the Chiefs win, before I.
Speaker 7: Go, Alex, I had a Robert feed line for you.
Speaker 1: If I haven't all right, all right, let's go.
Speaker 7: A British gentleman piece of a tree and it's something you need when it's cold.
Speaker 3: Lad, damn it. I don't know chapstick. Okay, I was going, lad, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 19: I like that.
Speaker 7: The Gravy podcast, which I listened to.
Speaker 3: I appreciate. We're bringing it back next week though. Robert Feelin's come back next week.
Speaker 1: On Past the Baby. Thank you, Chris. All right, well that's another that's another line open. I knows, he knows what's going on, he knows your podcast. Appreciate you. I known we had some fun with that this week. All right, I gotta take a short break. But when we come back, it's more open phones. It's you guys for the whole hour. But I wanted to make sure that you guys, we stayed on the clock here because alternative income.
Speaker 11: Listen carefully Houston, Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning shown the BUZZI welcome back.
Speaker 1: I'll get to your phone calls in just a minute. So Chris, Josh, Tree, Ryan, and Gina, you guys all stay right there. I'm coming to you next.
Speaker 11: Hi Online, it's Alex online ninety five the much.
Speaker 18: All right, what you got?
Speaker 1: All right? Today's a well it's called life Dots and it was sent to me by Kurt.
Speaker 3: This is basically it shows you how many dots you'll you'll put your birth gear in, and then you can put whether or not you eat healthy, whether or not you exercise, whether or not you smoke, and whether or not you drink.
Speaker 1: Everybody lies on that stuff. Yeah, you can do that too.
Speaker 3: So then it just basically shows you how many dots you have lived on your life and how much longer you can expel.
Speaker 1: Oh to live you want to be honest on this, just to get a real good reading here.
Speaker 3: So according to my thing, I uh havet forty three years left in ten months, which I feel like it seems seems high.
Speaker 1: It seems high. You, Oh you think forty forty three more years is a lot for you? I mean like twenty, I'm a good ten. Maybe think of your kid. Your kid, you're jagged. She's gonna get sick of me by then anyway, So I should be fine with it. You know, I've been to deal with you for ten years.
Speaker 3: Go check it out and see how much longer you got at the World Fairest Road Ryan showpagebuzz dot com.
Speaker 1: Wow, light tight and bright today, huh Kurt said, this is this isn't my thing. Hey, you're in luck. It's open phones Friday. All right, Josh Tree has been on hold this guy. Are you working today? What are you doing on the phone? What up? What are you doing over there? A tree man?
Speaker 18: Oh Man working man loud?
Speaker 1: I got you Josh Tree's he said, he sent me an email. You said, all right, cool it with the John Mayer. All the girls are getting worked up at the office over there.
Speaker 18: Yeah, ended up getting stuck in the break room talking John Mayer and I was like, I no, nothing now.
Speaker 1: None of us got a chance with John mayor even being mentioned. We're all getting wiped off the face of the earth with him. What are you doing, dude? What do you got?
Speaker 18: Oh man? Nothing much? I really do want that bracket. That bracket would be awesome. And you know I'm gonna send mine in every Monday for that meat loaf.
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah, he's a big meat loaf fan. When you're talking about the brackets, are you not up on the Love Street? Bottles on the wall? Oh?
Speaker 18: I keep on sending U my picture. I mean, chi photo shop keeps getting rejected photo shops.
Speaker 1: It's just it's a randomizer us picking up. Yeah, so your once you've sent it in, you're in. You might show up next week.
Speaker 18: We still got oh man, you know I need the money, So come on.
Speaker 1: All right, we still have almost fifty people to add to the board. Josh, great weekend, dude.
Speaker 18: All right, y'all too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Ryan, You're next up.
Speaker 10: I'm hey, I'm a I just went into Come on and tell you all that last night I bowled at my very first I'm three hundred.
Speaker 1: Come on. That's awesome, dude, a perfect score. Do you get a ring for that? You should? Yeah, be a jacket.
Speaker 10: I'm I'm I'm unfortunately, no, my no, just a ring.
Speaker 1: Just you you get a ring, dude. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 18: How long?
Speaker 1: Okay, Ryan? Can I ask how old you are?
Speaker 10: I am on a twenty eight and how long years old?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: When did you start bowling?
Speaker 21: Like five years ago?
Speaker 1: That's awesome, dude. In five years you already got to three hundred status. That's unbelievable.
Speaker 6: Dude.
Speaker 1: Congratulations. Have you ever hit a seven ten split?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 18: I have not.
Speaker 1: I just wonder well you know who you know who did hit a seven ten? All right, well that's your next awesome dude, that's your next accomplishment.
Speaker 13: Ryan.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, man, that is huge news. I appreciate you sharing that with us. Dude, give me another bell. I'll give him a jacket. I'll get you a jacket, buddy. Three hundred Ryan, that's unbelievable. Way to go, Gina. You're next up on open phones. Good morning, Good morning, guys. How do you follow that guy got a three hund He got three hundred and bowling? Jeez, I've never been perfect at anything. What do you out for? Open phones? Gina, talk to me. I just wanted to tell you guys are awesome. Thank you.
Speaker 14: I'm getting my first tripped down in the pit Saturday, so I'm super excited to meet you guys. And I'm bringing my son for the second year in a row, and he's been excited about it since I want the tickets. So I want from you guys.
Speaker 10: And I just wanted to say I love you guys every day, and I'll turn into music.
Speaker 21: Like I said, is oh my son listens to so well?
Speaker 1: That's so great.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 14: I'm a chunky girl with the super bright hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Gina, what's your kids? What's your kids name?
Speaker 14: Hey? Names Julian. And We'll be down to see you guys.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to meet it. Wait I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait. Thank you, I can't wait be there month.
Speaker 9: You're damn thanks.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Chris. You're next up on open Phones. Good morning, Chris, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: What you got bro?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 1: Nothing much.
Speaker 12: I just wanted to give a shout out to to our the band that I'm in and the cool things that we have coming up. Sure, So our band is our band is called Suffering in Silence, or a band about mental health, about stuff that we've gone through, just to let people know that they're not alone. We got an amazing, amazing single coming out February twenty fifth, called Aftermath.
Speaker 10: It's an amazing song. I mean, it's a beautifully song, beautiful and there's a screaming in it too. It's amazing. We're a band that's a mix of new metal.
Speaker 1: And metal core. That's what I was going to ask, Like, give me what type of music. So the band is called Suffering in Silence. You do all originals? Do you do some covers when you play?
Speaker 10: Yes, they're all originals.
Speaker 12: Actually, my best friend and I, Raymond, actually wrote most of the songs about twelve years ago and finally seeing the light of day.
Speaker 1: So you got gigs lined up? Are you planned? Are you out giggin plan live? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Actually, we just played a show last month. Oh yeah, I guess sixth month on the forgot at fifteenth.
Speaker 12: I think it was local Madia four and was probably one of the best shows we've ever played in Houston.
Speaker 10: It was an amazing show and one thing to shout out to everybody who showed up to our show. And if it wasn't for any of you guys who support us, we would not be doing this at alsoever.
Speaker 1: That's great. Now you got all the socials. Are you an Instagram, TikTok and all that stuff? Do you do that with the band so people can find more information about you?
Speaker 18: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Actually our Instagram is sis ht x and our TikTok is sis ht x six.
Speaker 10: We do really dumb skits on our TikTok every once in a while, but yeah, it's fun and we we even have a Spotify where all our stuff is on Spotify. We got a couple of music videos out, so okay.
Speaker 1: Bro well listen si s Suffering in Silence. Thank you, Chris, Good luck to you guys in the band Man Moon, Moondough, Moondo listen, good morning guy. Little later listen. I know you weren't listening live, but you went back and listened to the fresh out of bed head to Head. I used exclusively. I used your questions yesterday, and one of your questions, which I know that you're you're very loyal, You're you're a gravy ganger. You're in one of those top seats MVP. Okay, so one of your questions that you submitted was what is the name of Alex's podcast? And neither head to Head contestant got it right, and.
Speaker 6: I said, automatic qualification have been disqualified?
Speaker 1: Mooned up? He sent me more questions. I mean, I said, I laughed my balls off yesterday. Okay, I did you sent me more questions and I'm like, I can't go with those questions anymore. My office, You're fired. No more questions, all right, everyone else?
Speaker 6: Look well, look now that everyone knows it's past the Gravy podcast. Now everyone needs to learn to go to past the Gravy merch dot com. Buy a shirt, make it up to Alex, and everything will be good. Everything will be great.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, everything's coming up Gravy now.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 10: All right, everything's coming up.
Speaker 1: Gravy Dude, Alex was crushed yesterday. I mean we only talk about it like every day. I feel like shit.
Speaker 10: In one episode.
Speaker 1: Bro, all right, you're still I see he's trying to work his way out of a holy dug for himself. Everybody.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you podcast, if you go and listen to one podcast this week, go and listen to Thursday Mornings Fresh out of Bed Head to Head. I know you've got a breakout podcast for just that game. If you've never ever listened to one of our podcasts before, and you weren't live in homeroom with us yesterday, go to pot go to our podcast page at the Buzz dot com and go listen to yesterday's Fresh out of d Head to Head. I promise you you will enjoy it. It will be entertaining. You will be entertained. The Rod Ryan Show Co ninety four, five, The Buzz ninety four or five The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show on what is now open phones Friday. I know I talked about it all morning long, but man, we are on the cusp of a beautiful weekend, my friends. Sunny today, sunny tomorrow, sunny on Sunday, low chances of rain sixty eight year high today seventy two, tomorrow seventy seven, although up to seventy seven on Saturday. Let's go back over to your phone calls. Andrew has been holding the longest. Andrea, Hi, Hello, thanks for hanging in there. You're up on open phones Friday. What would you like to talk about?
Speaker 21: I called in a few weeks ago saying that I was now going to listen to y'all all day and bring on new uh listeners because I'm a right share driver.
Speaker 1: I knew it. Do you work for uber or Lyft or do you go back and forth? I remember this, well yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So you're gonna keep.
Speaker 21: Everyone is giving me the best rise and the more money.
Speaker 1: So you were going to keep us out in the car while the well, the new you know passengers were coming on board. Yeah, but now I'm mad. Wait a minute, why.
Speaker 21: Because every time that I want to call in for either the first phone call of the day, no, uh no this show to throw back uh uh fun stuck slash back. Yeah I can't because I have someone in the car.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I've been in cars.
Speaker 21: Literally just ten minutes ago.
Speaker 1: I've been in many an uber in my day and I don't know what's going on. Sometimes. Have you ever seen people on the phone. I see I see people. I've seen people at the grocery store and they just got the ear things in and he's driving and the guy's just like mumbling to somebody. Yeah, like just what are you talking about?
Speaker 21: What the different here?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 21: Is that you guys don't want it to be on the on the on the seeker or on like the audio thing. Yeah, I have the hole the phones in my ear.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do you have somebody in the car right now?
Speaker 21: No, I just dropped off somebody like ten minutes ago.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm not giving away squat am I I got nine ist Nails tickets coming up, though, I mean try not to take a ride at around nine to fifty advice, because we're gonna do what we're gonna do, know the show. So if you can like go off the grid from nine to fifty to ten and be called to try to win those ninetest Nails tickets, all.
Speaker 21: Right, I'll call back and see if I if I get through.
Speaker 1: All right, ANDREWK you this be safe, be safe. Thanks for getting this more or list. Hey, it's our old friend, Captain Adam. Down there, Captain.
Speaker 5: You there?
Speaker 1: Oh, no, come we out here, Captain Captain Adam. Hey, bro in a while, how are you?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm gonna have chili. Check your line, ye, Captain, I'm gonna come back to you. I'm going to come back to you. Captain Adam. He runs the uh well, he's retired uh Coast Guards. Now he's doing the Dolphin tour. He does the dolphins. Yeah, he does the dolphin tours down there. Okay, let me go over to Dylan and then we'll go back over to Adam. Dylan, good morning, Good morning, Hey dude, how are you doing very good about yourself?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 1: What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm calling in.
Speaker 5: We have this gumbo competition this weekend. I've heard you shout it out a few times. I am one of the cook teams involved in this competition. You're gonna be at Cedar Creek, Yes, sir, I am team getting sauced.
Speaker 1: Dude, I'm there every year and the only no I know and the just monster Jam kind of got in first before I got the date squared away with you guys, and I already committed myself to moster Jam and I can't do both things at the same time. So listen. I know you guys are gonna have a great day. I keep bragging about how great the weather is. I hope you're making a hell of a lot more gumbo than you have in years past. You're gonna have one of the prettiest days of the entire year on Saturday.
Speaker 5: Yes, so we're gonna average about ten pounds and hopefully we win. Man, We're hopefully we're gonna win.
Speaker 1: I know you don't want to give this information up, but what sets your gumbo apart from everyone else? I mean, is there a I.
Speaker 5: Can't give that secret away? Gumbo feelea is gonna be our secret?
Speaker 1: Feelate? You have to make everything there on site, right, You can't walk in with your own rue.
Speaker 5: Correct, Yes, sir, you got to pre make everything on site, and you don't.
Speaker 1: Everyone makes their own rue right like you have to. Yes, there's no like canned any of the starter kits. They don't. We don't want that.
Speaker 5: That's sacrilegious. You cannot do that over the jar.
Speaker 1: Okay, what is your meat in your gumbo?
Speaker 5: Dylan, We're gonna we're going chicken sausage and.
Speaker 1: Shrimp, all three of them in the same gumbo, not separate gumbo. Correct, Yes, sir, that's the way I like it too. That's the way I like it.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: All Right, Hey, dude, give us an update on Monday. I'm sorry I can't be there with you, guys. I wish I could.
Speaker 5: Awesome, I appreciate it. I'll call back on Monday. I thank you, guys.
Speaker 1: All right, that's gonna be at Cedar Creek, and they know how to put off. They know how to pull off a great party over there. That's going to be happening tomorrow during the day. We got a Josh up here, another Josh good morning.
Speaker 18: Hey, good morning. Ride was going on?
Speaker 1: Man, what's up, dude? Talk to me? What you got for open phones?
Speaker 18: All right?
Speaker 17: Man, I coach with Ride Smart Motorcycle School and b your Motorsports down here at Motorsport Resort in Houston. We south of Houston, Angleton, and we teach teach people how to ride their motorcycles the right way, whether you're a beginner or whether you're going to go road racing and motor America, whatever you got, man. We try to get people off the street. We try to get them to the racetrack in a safe environment. We can teach you how to ride your bike the right way. There's too many people out there dying every day on the streets and try to teach you how to ride the right way. And you guys ever want to come ride? Man, I got bikes, I got leathers.
Speaker 18: Love to have you.
Speaker 1: Now this is is this a dirt track or a road track?
Speaker 5: Road track?
Speaker 1: Of course, it's a road course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have to take a course in Texas?
Speaker 17: No, you don't to get your street license. You do, there's an MSSF course if you want to ride on the street. But to come and ride with us down here, No, just come down. If you haven't even touched a clutch before. I got some little bikes out here. We'll show you all the way from getting go on, all the way up to like I said, professional racing. Whatever you want, we can teach you and keep you safe.
Speaker 1: I've had it in my blood since I was sixteen years old. Man, I just there's nothing. Oh yeah, there's nothing that ever.
Speaker 18: You know.
Speaker 1: You got boat people that you know being out on the water. It does it for them and nothing else does it for me, quite like being on a motorcycle and it's just been that way since I was a kid. You know, my dad taught me to ride. So but I know there's some people that could really use this. Tell me the name of the company again.
Speaker 17: Ragsmarts Motorcycle School. And then I do private coaching myself, the Bittinger Motorsports, and dude, I moved from Virginia to do this. I love it down here, man, and love the riding community and try to do what we can make it better.
Speaker 1: That is awesome, dude, keep doing a great job. Let me check you in again. Let's see if we got Captain Adams squared away. I always want to talk to him, Adam. Brother Rod here you are, Captain. How are you hey? I'm well brother, How are you so? Great? Man? What do you what are you up to?
Speaker 10: I just want to figure back off what you said.
Speaker 22: It's going to be a beautiful weekend. It's a great weekend to come out of Galves and do a dolphin tour. Now, I know I can't compete with Monster jam you know I love it, but you know Sunday's gonna beautiful as well. So come down to Baya Wash Dolphins Tours. A peer twenty one at Galvason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be an awesome weekend. It's funny you bring up Monster Jam because that's where we met. Yeah, Captain Adam was he spearheaded the team when we had the five branches of the military competing against one another intugle war. He said, I will get squared away, I will get make sure that I put together. I will assemble a team. And then they won the whole damn thing. That was so much fun with uh, well, with you in your whatever you are six fifteen you're six foot fifteen inches tall, with you at the anchor, of course you guys won.
Speaker 22: Of course that was so much fun. We were just watching the video was recently the other night about that again. But we're also doing a Haunted Harbor tour at night, so at seven o'clock heve on the dot when we do about an hour and a half Haunted Harbor tour talking about Haunted history at Galvesan on the boat.
Speaker 1: That's also a lot of fun, Adam. I know you're not the only one that does the tours, but I can't even imagine taking that tour with anybody else. Not only does he drive the boat, he's Captain Adam, his stories, he's so engaging. You're so good at what you do. I'm not just saying that, bro, you are so good at what you do. I brought my sister and I brought the kid on this thing, and it's just I'm telling you, it's the best thing to do in Galveston. It really is.
Speaker 10: And I really appreciate you saying that.
Speaker 18: I really do. That means a lot.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much, so much fun. All right, Captain Adam. Everybody make sure you go Baywatch Dolphin Tours. Make sure he's driving the boat.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the other guys are great, but he's Oh, he's goat. He's the absolute goat. You guys can goat, say shame. My favorite hour of radio on the on the radio is the fastest hour on the radio. That went by quick man, but really quick. Okay. This is to the Uber Driver, This is to every one of you. I have sold out nine inch nails tickets for you coming up on No the show. I gotta take a break. When we come back, Alex will have a question for you and we'll leave you with a huge prize before we turn you loose for The Weekend.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. All Right time for I Know the Show. I need the music.
Speaker 19: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: I can change up for music if you want for another show. Do it. Let's do it all right. Nine is Nails. There we go. Nine Its Nails. Sold out show September twelfth, Toyota Center. This is the new Know the Show music. What's your question?
Speaker 3: Well, to go to this sold out show, you need to tell us what song Jelly Roll and Travis Barker covered last night the Fire Aid concert. We played it this morning we played a little bit of this morning. I need to know the song and I want the artists that he covered. Okay song and artists. I told you is sold out. Yeah, I know both.
Speaker 1: In the morning in Homer, I told you you could go as difficult as you want on your question because sold out Nash Nails tickets. It's our last pair is as big as he can get.
Speaker 3: Okay song and artist the Jelly roll covered at fire Aid last night that we played earlier on the show today.
Speaker 1: You know that you're going to this sold out show seven one, three five. Make sure you know both parts to get these tickets. Hey, Alexa played ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety four.
Speaker 4: Point five the bus station from iHeart Radio.
Speaker 1: Houston's Rock and Alternative ninety four or five the Buzz. Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Thank you so much for having a song Do Do Do Do.
Speaker 3: Do Do Do.
Speaker 1: I'm not surprised that you chose this as your question today because I learned a little bit something about you today, Alex. I didn't think it was that crazy. I thought it was kind of crazy that you were a fan of what we're about to get into this morning. Can't get any away, No, I can say that your question deals with the fire Raid show, Yeah, which we covered pretty heavily today. I think we did cover it a lot. I'm really excited that.
Speaker 3: Like, when we're off there, I'm going to go to the other room and I'm just gonna put some of those performances on while I'm doing editing and stuff. Like, I'm excited to watch a lot of that stuff and then I get to watch the SNL music thing.
Speaker 1: You were telling me about fifty years of my plan. After master Jan fifty years of SNL music, I finally finished it. It's really good. Even if you only watched the first ten to fifteen minutes of those songs being mixed together, it goes on forever, and it's just all the different performances. I know Questlove was involved with putting that together. I don't know that he did the actual mixing, but let me tell you that montage of all the music of all the bands that have played on SNL. It's so brilliantly done. There's such an art to mixing things, and it's just overlapping and God, it's just that's worth it alone, just to watch that.
Speaker 19: I had.
Speaker 1: One guy said, Rod, I took your recommendation and I watched it. He said, you were right. It's awesome. It really is great. All right, let's just do this here. He's now time for you know this show on ninety four to.
Speaker 19: Five The Buzz La La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 1: La la la la la la la la la la, Good Morning rod Ryan's Show, Good Morning Still up. What's up? Who's this?
Speaker 20: This is Justin?
Speaker 1: Okay, Justin. I don't think this is an easy question to get both things right. There's two parts here, Justin, just take a big deep breath. Alex ask your question. All right, Justin, you need to take a big deep breath. Like I said, Let's let Alex ask his question and then I'll see what you have to say. Go ahead, Hi, Justin?
Speaker 3: What song did Jelly Roll and Travis Barker cover last night at the fire Aid concert? I need the song and the artists that they covered.
Speaker 1: Your turn, Justin, It'll be Hollywood Knights by Bob Speaker. That is correct, if you got it. Congratulations two partner. I didn't think that. I didn't think it was an easy question. Go ahead, a skip work for this release tickets and I've been taking notes. You gotta be kidding me. You kidding me?
Speaker 18: You too.
Speaker 1: You took off of work to listen to the whole show time I'm going.
Speaker 18: I'm going in late.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're going. That still counts, dude. I'm telling you, I can't tell you what that means. I'm so happy you got you have the nine inch nails tickets or last pair Toyota Center, September twelve, sold out show.
Speaker 5: You're in awesome, thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's play a little of that jelly roll. Here we go, all right, justin have a great weekend. Man, that's awesome. That's very massive dedication, mass, massive dedication. This is jelly Roll with Travis Barker on drums doing the Bob Seekers song. See's not that right, that's the sun No man, now la fun you come. It's good. Wiso Minwinster pulling home in home. I did him with so soft ass in the Senate.
Speaker 3: Right from home.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, Oh it's good. Yeah, it's so good. He got a little background singer. Is that bunny XO? Did she sing? I doubt I doubt it. She can't sing. I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, Baby, I got a fever. I mean the only prescription this more cow bell. All right? Your man, Daniel, your guy, that guy, not my guy, Your guy, not my guy, Your guy, Daniel who provided so much entertainment for us this week. Daniel is uh your fresh out avand head to head two day champion. You beat a fresh fish today?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: I think we had somebody fresh on today, Fresh Mike, so big Monster Jam weekend. We will see you in the pits tomorrow. I think the pit party starts in around two. If you're like super duper Monster jammer, I think you get in a little earlier than that. I don't know. Those are the people that don't know who we are. Visits so into Monster Jam. Then the two o'clockers come in and then they like okay, then they want to come and see us. We'll see you down to the pits. We will not be down there on Sunday, just tomorrow, okay. Ticketmaster dot Com from Monster Jam Tomorrow Sunday and next Saturday. Ticketmaster dot Com. Cedar Creek Gumbo Cookoff. I wish I could be two places at one time. I just can't. It's gonna be such a beautiful weekend. I'm telling you they're gonna do record numbers at that Gumbo Cookoff. All right, thank you Specs for the beers. I'm glad you guys. We're very excited about those Cody Jinks tickets. I'm glad I signed off on those Rodeo Houston. People were really that's the ticket they wanted to win. From us this week. They love Cody Jinks. So that was good. You saw what Justin just did to win those nine in Nails tickets cool? So yeah, that show sold out. It was fun giving away those nine in Nails tickets all this week. I don't know what next week's holds. I will tell you that I'm carrying over and all weekend long. I'm going to allow single dudes to sign up for the Mile of Meat. I told Chili to keep it up. Promote the hell out of it this weekend on socials. Guys, if you want to have some fun, you're a single dude and you want to be in the Mile of Meat. It's two weeks away, but I want to close it out, and I feel like we got I feel like we're five quality dudes away from closing it out. Five quality guys that fill out the application, send in the photograph, answer every question on the application. Be thorough on that. That's what gets you pushed through, all right. Also, enjoy your Love Street blondes this weekend. Get the selfie of you and the Love Street blonde. Send it into us officially through the website, and you may find yourself on the beer board. We're going to add another ten people to that board on Monday. What else are we doing on Monday? I'll be looking for you guys on our Facebook page hashtag Monday selfie comes back. Yeah, show Federal Credit Union off. So it's just you know, it's one hundred bucks randomly to one of you. But I love it makes the morning go by so fast for me when you guys are dropping pictures on our Facebook page. So it's not until Monday. I'm gonna ask you to drop a selfie. Who's doing Who's got six picks? You do? Okay, you've got six picks. It's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. I mean you got Monster jam already built it. Yeah, it's six picture right there.
Speaker 18: All right.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to beat you guys at Monster jam am I forgetting anything.
Speaker 3: You every stead of Past the Gravy go check it out. It's going past the Gavy again. It's named Past the Gravy YouTube. Wherever you listen to podcasts, check it out.
Speaker 1: What's the name of your podcast? Pass the Gravy? Your funniest momentary will be a test. I'm sorry, I'm still laughing. Okay, that's it. We turned to loose. Jeremy's up next. He's got the NonStop noon or pick your tickets in the one o'clock hour, Guys, get outside, Touch Grass, give a beautiful weekend on tap here. All right, Hey, well wasn't that fun.
Speaker 11: If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcasts. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.