Speaker 1: Ninety seven point one The Eagle.
Speaker 2: That was the brand new food Fighter song today's song, and I think we want to talk about it, but first it's time for this.
Speaker 3: Track, another edition of things Skin is.
Speaker 1: Tracking all right.
Speaker 2: I did not know that we were going to have a brand new food Fighters song until we talked to our program director yesterday at two o'clock. Is that when you guys first found out? Yeah, yep, So they did a really good job of hiding all this. I like being told to not to say anything about it. Yeah, I love that. You love being told what to do, so you're a ballgat guy. But I was very excited to hear it and we're going to be playing it again in the five o'clock hour. Maybe maybe you've heard it earlier today here.
Speaker 1: On The Eagle, But I don't know what.
Speaker 2: Did you guys have any thoughts or expectations about this going in?
Speaker 1: No, not really.
Speaker 4: I just know that my general baseline expectations for them is it's going to be phenomenal.
Speaker 1: Everything they do is really really strong.
Speaker 2: Are they the second biggest rock band in the world behind Metallica?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: I was about to ask the first I would think, so, yeah, I mean they haven't been able to tour recently because of all the crap they've had going on.
Speaker 4: So it's hard to Yeah, I just think I liked you thinking about that.
Speaker 1: I think in Green Day might be more prepared than food Fighters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's just something about Dave Grohl being the face of that and how real and authentic and approachable he's genuine human being.
Speaker 1: Is I just have a high expectation for everything they do.
Speaker 2: I think the thing I really like about Dave Grohl, and maybe it's because of that Sonic Highways series he did on HBO or if you ever saw the Sound City documentary he did, it is very evident.
Speaker 1: That he is a huge music fan.
Speaker 2: Like he loves music and loves talking about music and all different kinds of music.
Speaker 1: He's what we call ahead.
Speaker 2: He has a music head and that comes across in pretty much everything he does. But I don't know about you, guys. I was kind of listening to the lyrics. I actually pulled him up and looked at him a little bit. But I was really curious, is this song in some way going to be about what he's been through with this personal life, which you know is you know, much discussed and talked about and all that sort of thing, saying there's two sides to a river, right, So, yeah, two sides to a story, and it's hard to know what you're looking at if you don't know both sides.
Speaker 1: Is that what he's saying.
Speaker 2: And also the idea of you don't don't let what others say drag you down and set you're worth and that's kind of a common theme and a lot of food like that.
Speaker 1: That's the idea of best of You for example.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, well in their last album, a lot of those songs are about Taylor Hawkins, their drummer, dying. Yeah, and that was like kind of writing from a personal place, which they haven't always done. So I thought that was it's very easy that he very possibly could have done that.
Speaker 1: It's not overt in anyway.
Speaker 2: Then, No, I was going to say, I think this song is written in a way where it could be about because it's their thirty year anniversary, it could be about the band, it could be about personal life. It's written in a way where you can just sort of reject whatever you want to on it, right, It just kind of hits at an emotional core and then it's like, oh, well, is he saying this?
Speaker 1: Is he saying this? And I think a.
Speaker 2: Lot of the best pieces of art or television or film or whatever whatever we read, if it's written in a way that stirs up an emotion and then you can attach your own meaning onto it, I always think that's the best kind of stuff. But man, I was thinking about this when we were talking to our program director Elliott yesterday thirty years of the Foo Fighters.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, ah, we love you, Dave Grohl, did U.
Speaker 2: There's no way that you guys were old enough to remember when the Foo Fighters came out right five?
Speaker 5: I remember, no, not when they came out. But the Big Me was like a big song that was played all the time. I thought like it would always stumble up on those shows that would Aaron Fox to like, you know, nine to two and zero and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh so.
Speaker 2: Big Me was the second single off that album. The first one was.
Speaker 1: No No No. I.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you'll get what's it called this? I don't know the I don't know the name of it, but you guys what I'm talking about where I'm.
Speaker 3: Trying to look it up right now and go keep it on though, But I remember.
Speaker 2: The first time seeing it, Beanie, No, uh, do you have that first album?
Speaker 1: I'll pulled up the first Foo Fighters album. This is a call. I'll stick around. I'll stick around. I'll stick around.
Speaker 2: And everyone immediately attached meaning to that being about Kurt Cobain, right, because Kirk Cobain checked out. Depending on what conspiracy you want to believe or not, but anyways, I very much remember going, Man, the drummer from the Foo Fighters is pretty good, right, Like, I had no idea he could sing and like he would sing harmony when they would do stuff like they did, you know, the the acoustic set for MTV MTV unplugged.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh, and so you knew he could kind of do that.
Speaker 2: But I was immediately like, man, this is a badass front man. That's always It's amazing when some guy kind of steps out of the shadows and shows you this whole new thing that he is. Do you guys think that in general for the person walking around who's more popular Nirvana and their three albums or.
Speaker 1: The Foo Fighters and their one hundred albums. That's impossible question, right, is an impossible question?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 5: You just don't see a lot of Food Fighters T shirts? Selling at Target like you do Nirvana.
Speaker 3: Well, but out there, how many people wearing those shirts actually listen to Van?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 4: But it's also I think somebody's way more popular in death. You know, there's that sensation too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can remorry if Nirvana is just way different. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can remember when Kurt Cobain died that there was a writer from Rolling Stone on MTV saying he's the John Lennon of our generation. I remember thinking that is the most obnoxious thing I've ever heard of person say, you shut your mouth. And then as I got older, I grew to appreciate the sentiment a lot more, right, Yeah, And so anyways, to your point, Ben, it's like when you don't know where their life was gonna go. What they are is that thing forever and you feel deprived of it. But anyways, new food Fighter song. We're going to play it again in the five o'clock hour. One of the biggest bands in the world with a surprise gem today. All right, that it was things skin is tracking and it was involved a rock song. But here's what we got coming up in the next thirty minutes. We got skin Weight in the news again.
Speaker 4: A couple of problems for Jeff skin Weight with the Wayback Machine, and coming up next, Green Day gets disrespected on stage.
Speaker 1: That's next on the Eagle