Speaker 1: Election Day twenty twenty, where I came on here because a lot of the early results looked really good for Trump, and I was, you know, loudly bellowing that, aha, Trump has won the elections. Suck it, lefties go Trump go, And in fact, Trump had not won the election. So I'm not gonna get too excited about anything. We're we're going to take this slow and sober. I'll be here with you from now until way late into the evening where we got John Girardi Show running six to seven, and then from seven PM until god knows when Trevor and I will be co anchoring our Power Talk election night coverage. So you're gonna want to stick with us the whole time. The polls close in California at eight o'clock, so from eight pm onward, we will start to have local stuff that's coming in all the statewide ballot initiatives, all of the local races for county races, state assembly races, state Senate races are US Senate race here in California, Adam Schiff versus Steve Garvey, all of that, all the California specific stuff will start at eight. So right now, for those who are just tuning in. As of right now, Donald Trump has amassed one hundred and ninety four of the two hundred and seventy needed to win Electoral College votes. He has won Ohio's, Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Missouri, Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming. As far as Decision Desk is concerned now. Harris meanwhile has one New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Virginia, which that was for a little while looking like that was going to be closed for Trump. But it sounds like the votes coming in are gonna be pretty heavily Harris, Maryland, and Illinois. Right now, still with votes to be counted, only seventeen percent of the votes are in. Harris is leading Pennsylvania with only ten percent of the votes in. Harris is leading Michigan with forty one percent of the votes in. Trump is leading North Carolina, and that's obviously North Carolina is a very important swing state, and with sixty six percent of the vote in, Trump is leading in Georgia and leading actually by a decent amount. Looks like he's up fifty two and a half to forty six point nine percent. In Georgia, it looks like he is up fifty two to forty seven percent, more or less. In North Carolina. Pennsylvania, it looks like it's still very early. It's sixty two thirty seven in favor of Paris. But it looks like a lot of accounting has come from the two ends of the state. In Pennsylvania, it's basically I've heard Pennsylvania be referred to as Pittsburgh on one side, Philadelphia on the other side, and Alabama in the middle. So the Alabama votes in Pennsylvania don't seem to have come in a lot. My buddy at Right to Life producer Colton was telling us earlier today that it looks like there are tens of thousands of Amish who were coming out in droves, first time Amish voters coming out in droves for Trump. So god knows if the whole election rests in the horses and buggies of the Amish. We will see how it goes. Now, there have been some kind of big news stories so far, some of them have to do with election vote counting snaffoos, which of course happened on election day in states that have Democrat governors. This is my big fear, by the way, with all this, All of the swing states except for Georgia, but all the other swing states Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada, all of them have Democrat governors. That makes me really nervous. Now Georgia is a Republican governor. Georgia has actually instituted a lot of good election reform since the last time around, But all those other states have Democrat governors, and gosh, it makes me nervous about things. In Wisconsin, apparently in the city of Milwaukee, so Democrats stronghold, a Republican election observer saw that some kind of vote counting machine was not properly secured, had been kind of left unattended, and this is leading to a need to recount something like already thousand ballots which are gonna have to be recounted by hand now due to this security breach. Gosh, it seems awful suspicious. And this is, by the way, I talked about this on the show a couple days ago. All the election challenge kind of lawsuits that we've seen over the last week or so. Here's basically the format. The format is basically the American right to vote is go to your precinct and vote in person with a secret ballot. We deem that we have deemed that through statute to be the most secure way for people to vote. Everything else is sort of an extension of that basic thing. So with individual states, different individual states have different individual procedures for insurance for allowing you to vote outside of that context. Whether it's a vote by mail system or an absentee ballots system, whatever, there are different ways to set that up. And basically what's happened is you have Democrat voters who don't follow the rules, and there always seems to be Democrat voters for some reason, or Democrat leaning voters or suspiciously Democrat leaning voters. They don't follow the rules, they violate some kind of requirement for voting outside of the context of a secure, in person, secret ballot vote, and then they run to a judge and complain, how can you throw out our votes? How can you deny to the people the sacred American right to vote on the basis of this technicality. It's just one little signature on the outside envelope of their vote by mail ballot, harvested ballot. How can you deny these people the sacred right to vote?
Speaker 2: Oh just the.
Speaker 1: You know, the postmark on their mailed in ballot. It's just one day, hey late, how can you deny us the sacred right of oh, just on the basis of a technicality, And each of those cases in isolation, yeah, it seems in isolation to not be that big of a deal, and tiki taki, and then a judge gets convinced, oh okay, it's just at all. All, let's you count. But it's a denial of what the state legislature has adopted in order to protect the integrity of the vote. It's this basic, this protection that the state put in place to protect the vote that is not so I don't know. The argument that comes from left all the time is that they're in favor of voting rights by just getting rid of different kinds of election security measures outside of again, the gold standard that every English speaking country adopted after about the turn of the century, voting in person, secret ballot, that's at your locality, that's the way to do it. Everything else is an extension of that. Now, we just got news in that Ohio has been called for President Trump.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: Not a surprise, nothing so far has been I'd say a huge surprise. I think there are some signs in lots of individual places that Trump is doing better than he did in twenty twenty. And frankly, if that holds true for like two or three states, that could be enough to flip the presidency. I mean, let's remember, you know, Trump lost the election in twenty twenty by about I don't know what was it, about fifty thousand votes scattered across about three states. You flip a few things here, a few things there, you changed the whole outcome. Right now, now, I'm looking at Decision Desk HQ, which does a lot of election analysis, and they're they're sort of monitoring everything, updating everything in real time. Right now, again, it looks like with forty three percent of the votes counted, Trump is winning North Carolina fifty two to forty seven. He is winning Georgia fifty two to forty seven with sixty eight percent of the vote in. That's really good. Basically, if Georgia went, If Trump wins Georgia, North Carolina and Pennsylvania, he wins the whole thing. If Kamala wins Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, she wins the whole thing. Those are the two competing strategies. Trump has basically his Atlantic Coast strategy and Kamala has her so called Blue Wall strategy. Although with some less than one percent of the vote in Okay, Trump's winning Wisconsin, but with less than one percent of the vote in so that is not super relevant. Also, there have been some big issues that we're gonna I'm gonna focus on certainly, and I might bring into the show my buddy who snuck in very shortly after we started the segment and mister Jonathan Keller from California Family Council.
Speaker 2: How's it going, Jonathan, Hey, John, It's going cautiously well, cautiously well. I saw something one of my friends posted on Facebook that they were nauseously optimistic, and that's kind of how I'm feeling. I don't know for sure if it is. Yeah, yeah, did you already talk about because I know I walked in a couple of minutes late. Did you already talk about the one bit of unalloyed good will?
Speaker 1: I was about to talk about that. That's why I was bringing you in. So the one really good bit of news. Florida is just basically Republican ground zero. Florida is like Republican Mecca at this point, I'm.
Speaker 2: Basically ready to say DeSantis twenty twenty eight at this point, I mean, regardless of what happens with this election, yeah, I am on board with eight.
Speaker 1: So among other things, it looks like Trump is going to win Florida by like thirteen percent of the vote. But also two really critical things happened. Florida had on their ballot two different state constitutional amendments. There's two different state constitutional amendments, Amendment three, which would have legalized recreational marijuana, and Amendment four, which would have completely legalized abortion throughout the state. Both of those to amend the constitution in Florida requires a sixty percent vote of the people, and it appears that they have only they have not gotten sixty percent of the vote. So both Amendment three and Amendment four in Florida were defeated. This was a big thing, I think, especially for the pro life movement, as you all know, I mean, I'm director at Right to Life Essentral California this is the things that I really care about here. For Florida to have stopped this losing streak that the pro life movement was on all these states that had ballot initiatives to legalize abortion, it was really important that Florida not become the next domino to fall. So I mean, Jonathan, I mean just the significance of this. I think it's hard to understate how significant it is. I mean, in fairness, though, fifty percent of the people wanted to pass legalized aborce and they didn't get to the sixty percent threshold. But just maybe Jonathan talking about the amount of money that got poured into this Florida race.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I need to go back and look at that. But I will tell you it was the key thing for me and the reason why I think we saw this be the one that finally went down and it broke that it broke that streak. Just to say, John, I do think it's important to say if those numbers hold and it is only fifty seven percent, yes, that is horrible that, at least according to the vote, a majority of people did vote to amend of the constitution.
Speaker 1: That is awful.
Speaker 2: But I will also say the the key thing there is look at most of the other states in the nation. Not only did any of the other states mostly fail, they got blown out of the water. Like in California, it wasn't fifty sixty six, sixty seventy three. Even in Ohio it was I think fifty nine percent. So the fact that Florida held the line here, I think is a testament. Just gotta say to Ron DeSantis number one. Yeah, but also John the grassroots coalition they put together. I was chatting with some of my national colleagues. One of them, long story short, he just his personal friends with through some other avenues, with Tony Dungee, the filmer coach of the Colts, Indianapolis Colts.
Speaker 1: Who is here at the Fresno Prayer breakfastory here he was.
Speaker 2: He's a he's a great guy coach. Dungee's a wonderful, you know, Christian man. And he is also John very pro life. He his wife have adopted and fostered a whole bunch of kids. And he happens to live in Florida. So he came out of woodwork. He recorded multiple television ads opposing Amendment for and.
Speaker 1: But it was George Soros and all these liberal financiers who dumped, I mean the pro abortion side outspent the pro life side. I think it was ten to one. Yeah. And when you say that, John y, I just looked here. This is the most current update as of October thirty first opposition total contributions between cash and in kind contributions opposition was twelve million of twelve point one million, so twelve million total contributions in support one hundred and eighteen million dollars. Wow. So genuinely ten to one, literally ten or almost almost ten to one, yeah, almost on the dot.
Speaker 2: And that is just staggering. You just look at the fact that they and John you have to also think that is on top of the fact that the entire media apparatus, not just the actual cash spending.
Speaker 1: Oh of course the free advertising that it got the meat. As we're heading into break here, we've got our good buddy Jonathan Keller in studio. Jonathan, let everyone know about you. Jonathan is the CEO of California Family Counsel. That's me. Where can people find you in your work job so.
Speaker 2: They can go to our website which is just California Family dot oorg. Californiafamily dot org and we are a five oh one C three organization. So if you log on right now, I will tell you we are not going to have a lot of live up to the minute election results.
Speaker 1: Speaking though, of live up to the minute election results, we need like a sounder. I got to find a sounder, some sort of like Newsy sounding breaking news sounder.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: North Carolina has been called for Donald Trump with fifty two percent of the vote in. He is winning. Uh. For with fifty two percent of the vote in. Trump is up fifty to forty eight percent. Looks like he is going to win North Carolina. That is a big deal. North Carolina is one of the key swing states. And I think that's the first of kind of the canonical swing states. I mean that it's basically Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Arizona. Those were the states that everyone said those are the swing states. So this is the first one to get called.
Speaker 2: And now who called that one?
Speaker 1: This is called by Decision Desk HQ. So they have called North Carolina for Trump. Also, it sounds like Ted Cruz, sounds like that has been called that Ted Cruz is winning re election. In Texas that had been a very much closer than expected. I think all of Ted Cruz's Senate races are closer than expected.
Speaker 2: But it looks like he's going to hold on it.
Speaker 1: Apparently it sounds like it has been called for Cruise, or it's leaning. Crew decision desk has not called it yet, but Fox News is called. Fox News is calling it for Ted Cruise, as we can see right there on, I.
Speaker 2: Have some big news for you, John, Yes, CBS exit poll in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Exit polls. All right. I know this is just everyone, remember exit polls. Take them with a big old grain of salt. This is true, all right, But this is I think why it's key. Specifically, quote younger voters age eighteen to twenty nine, John, those zoomers, this gen z kidd all those kids, those utes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Are narrowly going for Trump in Michigan.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The deficit for Harris is a large part to younger men in Michigan who are more for Trump.
Speaker 1: Wow. Now Michigan at the moment is thirteen percent in Harris is winning fifty three to forty four as far as what's actually reported. But I have been thinking throughout that, and I've talked about this a bit on right to life. If I talk about the right selfe for right maybe I've just talked about it to Colton and Jonathan, so I have it for the podcast. A lot of Trump's media strategy during this election, in particular, seems to have been focused on podcasts and podcasts with very heavy concentrations of young male listeners. Theo, Von Joe, Rogan, Logan, Paul, all these different guys who that there their listenership is dudes under the age of thirty. Yes, And now that kind of strikes me as a risky strategy. Those are I can't think of anyone who's a lower propensity voter than a male between the ages of eighteen and twenty five. You know, they're not always super organized, they're not always got their crap together. Oh it's election to Oh gosh, he goes to go to go vote. Not exactly the most reliable voters in the world. But I mean, to have some shift in the under thirty voting pool away from you know, Biden in twenty twenty and towards Trump, I mean, that could be a really significant development. So I have thought throughout the election that that was a really smart move by Trump, wondering if that's going to be born out. I guess we will see.
Speaker 2: And I do think it's interesting John that Trump himself, in some of his interviews with Tucker Carlson and other people, he flatly admitted that, you know, he has a eighteen year old young man in his life that was giving him advice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which which smart. I mean, that's smart. Yeah, And I do think it's interesting. I think it's fascinating how like going on Joe Rogan has become like a thing. You know, it's more so than traditional media sit down interviews. I mean, how many more millions of people were going to listen to the you know, Joe Rogan's podcast rather than you know, some sit down he does with George Stephanopolis or somebody like that. So it I think that's been really fascinating to see. Again, North Carolina has been called for Donald Trump. That's the first of the swing states to actually get called. And John, I feel like, I don't know, but Georgia, I feel like is about to be called for Trump. I feel like it it's I can't say that definitively. I'm not some election expert or anything like that. And but with seventy two percent of the vote, and Trump is winning fifty two point four to forty seven percent in Georgia. That would be another huge domino to fall if Trump wins. And that's a big margin too. I mean that's over five percent. He's winning right now in Georgia. Maybe that's gonna narrow, but that's significant. That feels significant to me.
Speaker 2: Well, I think the key reason John, why North Carolina is is very important because I've been talking to all my liberal friends. I've got folks, my my election brain trust, all my liberal friends that I chat with online. They they really thought that Harris had a strong shot at getting North Carolina. Yeah, And I think their thought was not only because of the African American vote there, but also because there is what they call the research triangle down there, all these universities that are full of highly.
Speaker 1: Educated unc waye Forest. Yeah, John gurlready here breaking down all the live election results. California has still not closed the polls yet, so we're not going to have any local stuff until later on tonight, starting at seven, Trevor Carey and I will be here with tal Cloud and a bunch of other guests breaking down all the election results as they come in, So stick around from seven PM until the bitter end, as we will be breaking it all down. Now we're obviously the presidency is the big prize of the night, but one of the other significant things to think about is Congress. Okay, a third of the US Senators are up for reelection, and every member of the House of Representatives is up for reelection. And it looks like both Rick Scott is going to hold onto his Republican Senate seat in Florida and Ted Cruz is going to hold onto his Republican Senate seat in Texas. Coupling that with Jim Justice has been elected to replace Joe Mansion in West Virginia, so a Republican pickup there, and almost certainly there's going to be another Republican pickup in Montana where John Tester looks like he's going to lose. So again, I can't one hundred percent confirm this, but it looks like Republicans are in fact going to take the US Senate. Now, Jonathan Keller from California Family Council, what does that mean that Republicans take the Senate? So as far as the big picture of even if everything else goes to Helen a handbas Yes, I will if Kamala wins the White House, Democrats take the.
Speaker 2: House, I will say, John, I put this down on paper. I was ranking the six possible outcomes of you know, those three different chambers, and who wins the presidency, who wins the House, who wins the Senate, and obviously the best, the best outcome, speaking in my personal capacity, not as a C three executive direction.
Speaker 1: This is the John Show. No one speaking, Nobody cares about that, no one speaking in their three capacities here.
Speaker 2: Obviously, the best situation would be for Trump to win and to have both the House and the Senate. I think the second best would be for Trump to win and for him to at least have the Senate so he can confirm Supreme Court justices.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But I would actually say, John, this this situation of Republicans picking up the Senate, it's a big deal. Even if Kamala wins, as long as the Republicans hold the Senate, I would actually say that is the third best outcome. So we are we are right now. The worst we can do is third third as far as all the outcomes. And the reason for that, John, is that if you if Kamala wins, and let's say Republicans held onto the House but Democrats held onto the Senate, Yes, it would mean that there wouldn't be any legislation that would get past. But everything that is.
Speaker 1: The most every Kamala Harris judge she wants confirmed, Every Kamala Harris appointee gets confirmed without any you push back, you know, you know, well, we'll keep getting our Javier Vassira quality people. Uh, you know, Javier gets nominated by Biden to run HHS. Oh oh, and he gets confirmed with no pushback because why well because Democrats.
Speaker 2: Had How would you like to no, no, no, you want to talk about the new National Secretary of Transgender Healthcare? How would you like to see Uh, California State Senator Scott Wiener is the new National Secretary of Transgender Medicine.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I mean would not would not be crazy?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, I mean that's and and the thing is that could absolutely happen if it is Democrats who hold the same right well, and craziest attorney generals the craziest HHS. I mean, well, and let's also this for sort of for context, what was the worst case scenario that we were afraid of. That I was afraid of that, certainly for those of us who are social conservatives who care about the pro life cause. The worst case scenario was Democrats take the House, take the Senate, even by one vote in the Senate, and Harris gets the White House. Democrats had been pledging. Harris had been pledging to support breaking the filibuster in the Senate. And the philibuster rule in the Senate is basically it's the rule that says to advance most pieces of legislation in the Senate, you actually need sixty votes, not just fifty plus a tiebreaker, You actually need sixty votes. The idea is in the Senate, debate can theoretically go on forever. You need sixty votes to end debate. So Harris had pledged to get rid of the filibuster, which is just a Senate rule. It can be changed by a simple majority in the Senate to get rid of the filibuster in order to do what to pass nationwide legal abortion, to get rid of all of the state pro life laws that have been passed in all the various states since Dobbs, basically to reinstate the legal regime of Roe versus Wade via a statute, a normal law passed by the House in the Senate and signed by the President. That would have been absolute, the absolute worst case catastrophe scenario. And there's also thought if she would have done broken the philibuster to do that. Maybe she breaks the filibuster to I don't know, Uh, she breaks the filibuster to radically reshape the Supreme Court in her own image and likeness. Ye, you pack the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Maybe she breaks the filibuster to make the District of Columbia into a state and give Democrats two more free Democrat senators. Make Guam a state, make Puerto Rico a state, make all these Democrat you know, strongholds. Although I did see some early reporting that Guam is the Guamanian legislature is flipping to Republicans for the first time in decades or swath, which I love.
Speaker 2: John. Someone posted on Twitter a picture of Georgia Congressman Hank John who said he warned us Gwam could flip.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So this was the Democrat congressman who was during a hearing, was questioning an admiral about whether he thought there was a risk that Guam could tip over due to a military personnel on the island, and it seemed like he was actually being dead serious and that he did not actually understand how islands work. All right, Well, bad news looks like Wisconsin. More numbers are coming in and Kamala Harris is winning winning Wisconsin seventeen percent of the vote in Harris is up fifty one percent to forty seven percent. More or less, Harris is winning in Michigan with fourteen percent of the vote in fifty three to forty four. I really don't feel like an eleven a point outcome is really feasible in Michigan. I gotta believe there's more Republican votes coming in. And Harris with a six percent lead in Pennsylvania. That's with thirty one percent of the vote in Jonathan, there's really not a lot of avenues for Trump to win if Harris wins Pennsylvania, Michigan, in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I will I will tell you again, John, this is the thing that's so interesting because there are so many different news sources coming in so quickly. I will use my little focus group online again. I will say for the listeners, I have this group of hardcore politicos. I thought I was a political junkie until I met some of these guys who like, literally, you go back any of the last ten elections, they can basically tell you like in each individual congressional district, Oh yeah, so and so won this district with this margin and it was mostly out of this precinct in this county. These people, I'm reading what they're saying, and they are starting to as the kids say, they are dooming. Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of them is these Democrat leaning friends of your life. Yes, and they're not just Joe Schmo's. Many of them are political activists. They are either staffers that are campaign operatives. One of them just said betting markets and general markets like actual financial markets have more or less just called it for Trump. Yeah. Now, the other interesting thing I'm seeing is Virginia Decision Desk. HQ, which has been usually pretty right, has called Virginia for Harris a while ago. Right, as of five minutes ago, Trump was up. I'm seeing different news sources with different things that Trump's still winning Virginia. As far as what's been counted, with like sixty two percent of the vote in Trump is up like fifty to forty eight or something, I don't know, seems weird. I guess, let's keep monitoring that. It's kind of a h I mean, it's I don't know. I guess. Here, here's the basic thing. Pennsylvania seems to be the lynchpin for this whole thing. If Trump wins North Carolina Georgia, which looks like he's gonna win North Carolina and Georgia and Pennsylvania, he wins. If Harris wins Wisconsin, Michigan in Pennsylvania she wins pretty much simple as that you can give her to take a couple of states. But if Trump wins Virginia, that kind of throws the whole thing off. So I'm I feel like I am. I'm sitting on the edge of a knife, like with my right butt, cheek over one and cheek over the other.
Speaker 2: This is this is absolute torture. It's GotY the good it's gonna be so close. You've only probably got another sixty eight hours of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, well, And my my thought had been I tweeted this out, this was my prediction on John Girardi's show. When did I predict this? I think on Friday's show I predicted this. I predicted I thought Harris was gonna win, and I refined that guess the other day by saying, I think there's a forty six percent chance Harris wins a close one, a five percent chance she wins a blowout, and I think there's a forty four percent chance Trump wins a blowout, and a five percent chance he wins a squeaker. I thought, basically, if Trump was gonna win, he win by a blowout, that it wasn't gonna be close. And it feels like it's gonna be unbelievably cool.
Speaker 2: Corney John, this is maybe the clearest sign of danger for Harris.
Speaker 1: Yet from the Babylon Bee that Harris has already is already switching to box wine. It's a picture of Harris with a big box of Phrenzia next tour. No grand predictions from yours, truly. I remember four years ago I thought Trump was gonna win. UH and my my little show before we had our UH our full Power Talk coverage, which, by the way, starting at seven oh five, Power Talk will have our full coverage throughout the night. Here on Election Night, we'll be breaking down everything, not only the national stuff coming in, but also local races here in California. Who's gonna win David Valadeo or Rudy Sallas. Who's gonna win? John Duarte or the guy he's running against whose name is Adam Gray. That's it, Adam Gray. You know it's live radio folks. Adam Gray or John Duarte? Who's gonna win those races? David Don Jabba versus George Radnovin.
Speaker 2: The funny thing I have to say John about that John Duarte versus John Gray, Adam Adam Gray race at John's brother, the fact that neither of us knew who was running against who. I have seen a million commercials on every Saturday when I'm watching football with my kids. You see so many, but they are all Adam Gray is the worst human being ever. John Duarte the trade, Yeah, but they never mention who your opponent. No, it is just complete negative ads to the point where it's like, well, okay, I know I don't like you, but.
Speaker 1: My wife Holly, which oh, by the way, shout out to Holly for Holly took Jack and all of our kids to my son Jack's flag football game. Jack scored a ninety yard touchdown. Just want to let everyone know about that Holly the other day was asking me, are we voting for or against any of these people? Like, no, actually we're not. That's the weirdest thing is that all of these really competitive house races in the valley, well, these two competitive house races in the valley, neither one of them actually represents any portion of the city of Fresno, but all of our fred because we're the closest local media market to Duarte and Valadeo. All of our saturdays and Sundays watching football have been duck just dominated by ads for or against John Duarte four or against David Valdoe. And they are really important races, like the house. So the House of Representatives could rise or fall on the strength of Duarte and Valadeo. I mean there are two of maybe the top ten most competitive seats in the whole country. So we will have all of that. We will be breaking down all of that from seven pm until until whenever, basically until Trevor and I get so tired that we fall asleep standing at the microphone. So you'll want to stay locked in with us here on Power Talk. If you're listening in your car, just keep.
Speaker 2: Your radio on.
Speaker 1: Listen on the iHeart app Google Power Talk ninety six seven on online. You can listen to us while you've got you know, Fox News or CNN on All right, Jonathan, Now here's some important so let's have some fun here when Democrats are losing an election. Jonathan, Yes, yes, What is your favorite television station to watch the reactions of the supposedly neutral journalists who are all ready to commit suppuku because Donald Trump is winning?
Speaker 2: Who is who?
Speaker 1: What is your favorite? Is it CNN?
Speaker 2: I think I think CNN. The thing is, I saw someone on Twitter that I loved. They said one thing we know for certain Tomorrow night, no matter who wins, Vans Jones is gonna cry Jones, Van Jones.
Speaker 1: Cry other way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So I actually don't. I don't mind Van Jones because I think he's probably what I don't mind him either, the most the least unlikable of the Democratic operatives, and I've heard good personal stories about him that he's a decent guy. But so I would like to hear what he's going to say. It'll be interesting. But I think the it's got to be MSNBC, right, I mean, it has to be Rachel Maddow.
Speaker 1: My mom and dad would always regale us with their favorite election night TV that they ever watched was actually in nineteen ninety four, when Republicans took the House to Representatives back which Democrats had controlled the House of Representatives, I think pretty much continuously for like I don't know the decades, Republicans won huge victories in the House and Senate. In nineteen ninety four, it was one of the most enormous landslide, classic off yr election. The president, the party in power just gets absolutely crushed. And my mom and dad always still to this day talk about watching CNN and watching the anchors who all looked like they had just like had diarrhea live on air, Like they were like, oh, this is a very interest. It was a significant shift in the mood of our country, like like all this like coded stuff where it's like we're trying to say that this is terrible, but we can't just say that this is terrible. Uh So it was that was their absolute favorite. But yeah, I'm I think I'd probably go with MSNBC, especially Rachel Maddow's Anywhere.
Speaker 2: Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell Joy read of my gosh, Yeah, but I'll tell you you know who I'm most looking forward to, and the problem is we won't really have it until tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Joe and Mika Morning Morning Joe. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is gonna be worth I also getting up early.
Speaker 1: I someone I follow on Twitter was doing let's check in to see how Keith Olberman is doing. Now I know Keith Olberman isn't don MSNBC anymore. Keith Olberman has basically burned every bridge with every television producer of content known to man at this point because he's such a pain in the butt to work with, and in his his posts about Trump are just becoming more and more just completely unhinged. So i'd i'd be curious to see how old Keith has taking all this news, but we will see now. Just to let check you all in as we're wrapping up this hour and again, starting at seven oh five, me Trevor Carrey tal Cloud will be breaking down all the results nationwide locally. Tal is a absolute political whiz and has been involved in more campaigns then you can count on two finger, two hands, and two feet. Tal will be breaking down a lot of stuff with a lot of insights for local stuff we'll be breaking down state ballot initiatives, several important state ballot initiatives and local ballot initiatives, especially looking at bond measures. That's I'll just wrap up with some local stuff. The big things to look out for. You've got Proposition two, which is statewide ballot initiative to fund stuff for schools and K through twelve schools as well as community colleges. That the desire for that money for matching grants of that prop too, money prompted every local school district in the Fresno area and the Community State Center Community College district to put on the ballot various kinds of various bond measures. So you vote for it, the school district gets four hundred, five hundred six hundred million bucks and then you got to pay that in your taxes plus interest. So the five hundred million dollars in Measure H that's going to go to Presno Unified, You're going to wind up paying like a billion dollars in taxes over the course of forty years. I am going to be watching those things very carefully. I have self proclaimed myself the local crusader against all bond measures all in Sundry bond measures. I just think it's a fundamentally stupid and irresponsible way of funding government projects. Basically, get you get taxed one billion dollars for five hundred million dollars worth of benefit. So I am very very leery of bond measures. Wow, the play it has narrowed in Pennsylvania. We are now with forty percent of the vote in Harris fifty point two percent, Trump forty nine percent. Dear God, I've been saying it all. I've been saying it for two months. This whole election is gonna come down to the opinions of the ten thousand stupidest people in Pennsylvania. Holy cow, that's close. All of a sudden. That went from like Harris up by six to Harris up by like one in about a blink of an eye. Holy smokes. And let's me just reiterate, folks. A lot of some new sources have already called North Carolina for Trump. Georgia, he's up by about six percent, with seventy nine percent of the vote in