Speaker 1: Hi everyone, and welcome back to another podcast episode. My name is Lisha Gogin, the host of the Globe Seecres podcast, where I help you expand your mind and become more self awares that you can glow up into the best version of yourself. THEO already wants to be on camera.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to.
Speaker 1: This on audio listen, you gotta go to the YouTube chan. THEO just got his second round with shots. He's almost a well he's technically a teenage boy in my eyes because he grows every day, but he's almost gonna be able to go out and play with the boys and the girls.
Speaker 2: Either way.
Speaker 1: He did really good at the VET and now he's having the zoo muses as soon as I'm getting on camera.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I want.
Speaker 1: Today's episode to be a question to see, like if you guys are also going through this at all, or if you resonate, but more so a message because I do feel that this is the era that a lot of us are in right now and you might need to hear this. I feel like I have needed to hear this and I need to speak it out, and that is taking a life life seriously and locking in and leveling up. I just feel like I have really been feeling like I want to take every aspect of my life seriously. And I think it started when I started taking my discipline more seriously and getting back into the gym and getting into a routine and just really pushing myself past my limits based off of real limits, based off of things that have been happening in my life. But I feel like, no matter what happens in your life, like if you have a low, or you go through loss, or you've been really sick, whatever the case is, there's always going to be in like up point, like you're going to have to kind of pull yourself out, and naturally, if you just allow yourself, like you'll naturally kind of come out of it. Like you never want to push yourself too much, too far, too soon, especially when you are sick or let's say you're grieving like I was and I still am, But there is also always going to be a part of you that does have to push yourself a little bit out of that identity of being really sad or depressed or you know, sick or whatever, because that also is going to give you the strength to be able to really be resilient through hard times. So I feel like that's there that I've been in for I would say like a solid month and a half, but I would say like a solid month.
Speaker 2: And of course, once.
Speaker 1: You get a little bit more disciplined and you start taking one area of your life seriously, it's kind of like a domino effect. It's almost like you want to do better in every other area. And for me, and I've been talking to my friend Joeye, my best friend Joy about this, how it is so important that when you are taking something like the gym.
Speaker 2: Or we could take work, because I think I look at those the.
Speaker 1: Same, working out and caring more about your health and you know, really grinding it out at work or whatever you're doing, maybe you're working on something outside of work, like a side hustle, or you're starting something new, what ever it is, it is so important that you have proper rest from these things.
Speaker 2: And we burn.
Speaker 1: Ourselves out, even if we don't think we're burnt out. I swear we burn ourselves out when it comes to goals in the form of changing ourselves, like self improvement, anything realistically. And you know, I was talking to my best friend about this, how sometimes what we'll do. And we've done this a lot, I would say, like the past year of entrepreneurship, even though we've been well, I've been working for myself for longer than she has, but we've both been doing it for longer than the year, I believe for her, but for me. Yeah, But this past year we've really kind of seen our own patterns when it comes to being entrepreneurs and how you have so much time freedom, so you really have to discipline yourself like so much more. Even if you've been somebody that's really disciplined, and we have both been really disciplined girls throughout our entire lives.
Speaker 2: We have just had to be.
Speaker 1: But it definitely is a different experience of discipline, and sometimes it can go wonky or sideways. You either can like lose discipline and or you can have too much. It's just it's an interesting way of living. But what we have noticed within ourselves, and I can just bring back to myself, what I've noticed within myself is if I am not just as strict when it comes to letting myself live and slowing down, whether that's self care or seeing friends or having a relationship or just doing things outside of work. Then I end up I end up burning myself out in work because I will not give myself that time, like that true time to just relax or whatever, So I'll always just be on autopilot or always going. And we're both saying like, that's where we tend to catch ourselves doing a lot of procrastination. And we're doing a lot of procrastination because the work in our minds that we have created never really stops. Because we don't take the slowing down seriously, We don't take other aspects of life really that seriously. We just kind of always automatically go back to just working, like, oh, there's always something to do, so I'll always work. I'll always do something, and it's not a bad thing. And you have to grind in your life and we have and that has gotten us so far in so many aspects. But I think that like, even if you're not an entrepreneur, like I'm sure you can see how sometimes like you end up being so unproductive by telling yourself you have to be so productive. Because you're telling yourself you have to be so productive all the time hitting goals, is that it's overwhelming, and then you tend to procrastinate like you don't want to do it, you don't look forward to it. Why because there's no off realistically, Like you might tell yourself, Okay, well, I'll do all this stuff during the week, and then the weekend I'll do something. But then if you're that person that is just so like obsessed with your goal, still you don't really turn off, like you don't really prioritize that slowing down unless you really say, like, you know what, as serious as I am about taking my work life seriously or my goals or whatever you want, like whatever you're wanting to lock in on or level up on, you really have to take that other side seriously as well, for many reasons. One so that you don't burn out, but two so that you can live Like we are not black and white people, you know it. As much as we really want to like go all in on one thing, like whether it's health, fitness, whatever, it's not the entirety of our lives. It doesn't need to be. And you know, I think when you create a little bit more balance in your life, you tend to not go up and down so frequently and start and stop things so frequently, like health and fitness or like hitting goals and stuff, because you have that balance in that cycle and that ritual of doing all really good things in your life. So I'm trying to like move away from the high of doing everything one hundred percent all the time, even though I am being very serious about my discipline and about the things that I want to be like serious with in my life. But again, I want to slow it down on that other hand. And so if you're struggling with like slowing down, I think just one reminding yourself and just like calling yourself out and really looking at how unproductive you actually are when you're not serious about slowing down and self care days and days where you're off, and just thinking about how productive you can be when you are truly, truly, truly rejuvenated. And I think about this when it comes to the gym. You have to take rest days, you do, and honestly, I used to sometimes not do that. Really again, I used to not take rest days seriously when I was really into fitness because I was so obsessed with needing to get into the gym, like I have to. I can't stop, like I can't stop. But you really do see the best results, like really good healthy results in any area of your life when you actually take the other side seriously. And so that's what I want for myself and for you guys. And I guess I could give you an example of one thing that I've been doing in my life, and it's hard.
Speaker 2: By the way, like you like.
Speaker 1: What you're gonna learn on a journey of taking like self care and slowing down seriously and even discipline, is that it is hard, and you will have stories in your head. You have stories in your head when it comes to slowing down, being like I shouldn't do it, I'm not productive. And then also you'll have stories in your head when you're trying to be disciplined and it'll be like, oh, you can't do it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be too.
Speaker 1: Hard to start, and they're all bullshit, like they don't have to be true. You just have to kind of rewrite those stories and expect those stories to come up, but know that you can change them and over time they will lessen. And so like recently, I've really been enjoying working during the week and then on Fridays is kind of like have a quote unquote half day. I do this because realistically, I am somebody who works for myself, and there is always things I need to do, and there might be things that I need to do on a Friday, but what I practice doing is at least like half the day, Like I'll wake up and I'll get my work done, and sometimes I have therapy on Fridays, Like every two weeks, I'll have therapy on Friday. So I'll do my therapy and then maybe I'll finish up a little bit more work, and then for the rest of the day, I'm letting myself do whatever I want. Sometimes I'll even garden like here and there, and you guys know the fall time, I think I made a video on gardening, and so if you're interested in my I mean, I don't really go too deep into like my relationship with it, but if you want to have a healthy relationship with any of these things or stop any of those things, and I can leave that down below, gardening is smoking w I just don't want to really say it on YouTube or the podcast. And I've changed my relationship with that so much, so I can also maybe talk about that in a different episode if you guys are interested. But anyways, I have sometimes even been letting myself do that on the days where it's like a half day and I'm doing like an everything shower and I'm relaxing and I'm cleaning my space, I just really give myself time to reset and just decompress and move away from the things that I keep telling myself to do and let myself do what I want. Like, it's not about every half day on Friday, I need to clean, and then I need to do self care, and then I need to do this and that. No, like the day is basically whatever I want it to be, but I just go in the direction of what feel good. So even just thinking about how you can give yourself a little bit more allotted time to be serious about things like slowing down, but also discipline if that's where you're at in your life as well. Now one other area, and I think you guys are probably all feeling this too, is kind of getting back into like glowing up a little bit and taking more care of yourself like physically, like the way that we look like dressing up and doing our makeup again or whatever, you know. And so like what I was talking about before is self care, right, you know, slowing it down, giving yourself a moment to just relax and have your night in, watch your reality TV and have a bath, or doing everything shower, or have a day where it's like a shopping day, or are you going to see a friend whatever, those type of things. But again I was talking to my friend about this, how there is something about looking good. Okay, when you look good, obviously you feel good. And I think for both of us we just went on autopilot again and we went very efficientcy mode, especially in the water time. I feel like this can happen. We would maybe get ready one a week, and that once a week was just so that we could film or you know, get the bare minimum done or just get work done. Like prioritizing work was always in the forefront of our minds. And it's not to say that it's not like we're very much so hard working.
Speaker 2: I think we all are.
Speaker 1: Like you guys that listen to the podcast and whatever you guys do, you take your goals seriously. But I feel like sometimes when you do that and you start burning yourself out, it's like I don't want to get ready, I don't want like I just want to do everything efficiently. If I got to go and grab Aaron's I'm gonna do that quickly, and I'm not going to care about what I look and let me just go and quickly get it because I want to get back and I want to speed up, and I want to rush through my day and I want to hit my goals and that, and listen, I'm one who I don't care to look good every single day doing a million things, because yes, I do need to be efficient and I want to work, and there's more to life than also just like always caring about your looks and everything like that. And honestly, sometimes you just got to go outside look like a bum. Okay, like it is what it is.
Speaker 2: But well we're doing that like day after day after day after day.
Speaker 1: You know, it does affect you a little bit. And I was thinking about this when it comes to my nails. Actually, I wear press on nails. I've been wearing them for about a year, the impressed nails. I really love them. I've saved so much money but also so much time just not going to nail salon and you know, like getting your nails like gel nails, they kind of ruin your nails whatever, but it's nice to get your nails done right, and so I was just using them at home whatever. But because they're press on, is that I can basically put them on whenever I need. I started to only put them on really when I needed if I was like going to an event, and every other day I wasn't wearing them, or like I would let the set like sit on my nails and take them off and not really like touch them. And I also wasn't being very social. And then sometimes it get to the point where it's like I don't really need to put on the nails for the podcast, like I want whatever. And again it's not to say that I need the nails. It's not to say that I need to like wear the makeup for them, especially.
Speaker 2: For the podcast.
Speaker 1: Like it's just there's more important things, right, The message is more important, not every day you're perfect.
Speaker 2: I am like a preacher of that. But I was saying, how you know.
Speaker 1: What I do miss when my nails are always I do always love when I get ready and I look good, I want to take more photos.
Speaker 2: I'm kind of down to go for a hot girl walk. I'm ready for life.
Speaker 1: And then when I'm looking good, like when I'm getting ready and I'm going to the gym, like I'm taking my life seriously. Then I'm like, damn, Like I want a new outfit, I want this, I want that. I want to work harder, I want to meet people.
Speaker 2: I want to have fun. I want to live life.
Speaker 1: And I think this is what it really just comes down to, you, right, It's like just getting serious about life.
Speaker 2: I think sometimes we.
Speaker 1: Can go on autopilot and we're just we're actually like far removed from being present here now and just living and like doing the things and taking the action, you know, taking care of our health and doing our makeup or doing our hair and whatever. And it doesn't have to be anything crazy. We're all very unique. And some people love to get ready like to the nines and some people not so much. I take like ten minutes getting ready, but it's still that ten minutes that changes so much for me. I want to read a quote that was pertaining to slowing down actually from Pinterest, and it says, I've seen women insist on cleaning everything in the house before they could sit down to write. And you know, it's a funny thing about house cleaning. It never comes to an end. Perfect way to stop a woman. A woman must be careful to not allow over responsibility or over respectability to steal her necessary creative rests, rifts and ruptures. She simply must put her foot down and say no to half of what she believes she should be doing. Art is not meant to be created in stolen moments only. And obviously, like if you're not a woman, you I'm sure anyone can really identify with this in some sense of the matter. Like, you know, even when it comes to just work in productivity culture, there's always going to be something to do. Entrepreneurship always going to be something to do. And that's a great way to never live your life if you're only going to do things once they're done, because they're never really done, Like your work's never really done. You're gonna go back to work on Monday if you work on an end to five, or there's gonna be another bill to pay, another thing.
Speaker 2: To do, another goal to accomplish.
Speaker 1: So why don't we just try to enjoy, you know, and work hard and enjoy the work that we do and creates and you know, week after week and we're hitting goals, new goals, things like that. But allowing ourselves to do that by using rest and taking it seriously, and also just understanding like life is to belived. Go on that trip, go make plans with your friends. There's gonna be another moment, another free day to do something or to work more. Even when it comes to like spending money, I think sometimes obviously you have to be careful with this, and everyone's situation is different, so you can't just take blanket advice from people online. But sometimes I feel like we're saving and we're waiting for the perfect time, but it doesn't really exist. Like, obviously, yes, you want to save up a certain amount of money so you don't go into debt if you want to, let's say, go on a trip, but there's a lot of us who you know, we're not going to move the goalpost that much if we continue to wait anyways, and sometimes you just need to go on the trip, of course if you have the money, but it's like you don't have to wait so long or wait for the most perfect time. I also think about this when it comes to your goals in the gym and like your health and wellness and things like that, like don't hold yourself back from living life just because maybe you haven't hit that goal. Yet, because I think holding yourself back and not living will make the work even more difficult or more boring, and sometimes it actually hinders you, Like you actually need to go live your life so that you can come back refreshed. I think about this when it comes to content. I can't post every single second of my life. Then I'll just feel so drained. But if I go out and live my life, if I have good conversations, if I go through something right thinking about hard times in your life, if you go through something that's going to allow you to up level in ways you would not be able to up level if you were just always the same person or always experience the same thing. So it's about taking your opposite days seriously.
Speaker 2: They all count. Also your down days.
Speaker 1: Understanding is a part of life, So there's not a point in you creating more suffering than need be. When you have pain, just accepting that pain and working with that pain instead of saying it shouldn't be here. Sometimes pain happens. Sometimes you need to slow down. I think about this when it comes to my period, like why cycle sink? So yes, there's going to be a few days out of the month where I have to slow down. And you know that's just the name of the game. But you know what, my energy is going to come back up and I'm going to be renewed. But if I work against myself month after month, if I push past my cycle, if I push past my tiredness level, if I don't give myself the time to rest, I'm going to be burnt out. And then my work's going to be half fast. My life is going to be half fast, my workouts are going to be half fast, my recovery everything because I'm not taking the adequate rest and I'm not enjoying life, you know. So anyways, that's really all I wanted to say. I wanted to know if anyone is currently in this type of phase of you know, just seeing your life and being like, I want to take things seriously, but all things seriously. Yes, the discipline and yes, the working out, but also the play. I think sometimes it's really motivating and you work harder at something when you know there's that celebration or that pause or that vacation or that weekly thing that you're looking towards. Like I'm not talking about like the big things where it's like you go on vacation like once or twice a year. I'm talking about like my half days on Fridays, and that feels so good. But also coming back to that voice in your head, you know, at first it's not going to feel intuitive to slow down or to pick it up, but understand that that is just the name of the game.
Speaker 2: That's what happens.
Speaker 1: And you know, I've found myself the past many Fridays where I've allowed myself to relax a little bit more the following week, like I can see myself working harder and getting back into it, and then also looking forward to that Friday again, which motivates me and then also stops me from doing habits that I would do if I'm burnt out during the week. So that way, I'm still consistent with my goals and stuff. Because again, another thing that you can do when you're like burnt out is you know you're procrastinating a lot, but then maybe you're skipping out on goals or workouts, or you're eating extra a little bit of this and that because.
Speaker 2: You're just burnt out.
Speaker 1: Oh, like you you know your cravings are there or you're you're not like motivated to go to the gym or this that, But Yeah, that's just what I'm on. I would like to know if you guys are on the same what are you guys doing. Are you guys working towards certain goals? Are you also understanding and seeing in your life that it's important to take things slow and you know, self care and also like taking care of ourselves again, and how all these things are just so important for a whole life. And I think with summer coming, we all are trying to just like live our best lives. And I think to live our best lives is to kind of hit all of those areas. So let me know in the comments, or if you're listening on Spotify, you can leave a little comments if you like the episode, but also you can let me know what you're currently on, what era you're in. Also, if you are on Spotify and you really enjoyed this episode and you haven't rated the podcast, I would love if you could leave me a five star review, preferably five stars if you like it. It's okay, I won't push you too much, but that would be really helpful to get the podcast out to more people. And also you can press follow on Spotify and Apple I believe so that you don't miss any episodes when they come live. And of course if you're watching on YouTube, you can just subscribe. You can like whatever you want to do. Anyways, THEO is. It's the zooms today, truly, the zoomi is. So we have to go situate this dog. Also, if anyone is new here and you're wanting to know what kind of dog THEO is. He is an Italian Greyhounds.
Speaker 2: He is eleven weeks I guess eleven or twelve weeks at this point.
Speaker 1: He's growing very big. Follow me on Instagram if you want THEO updates. Anyways, I'll see you guys in the next one.
Speaker 2: Bye.