Speaker 1: Hey, this is a last minute edition tacked onto the beginning of the Minnesota Goodbye. I'm gonna give a shout out to Elijah nine years old to day. That is Secretary Breeze, a little boy not so little anymore. Happy ninth birthday, Elijah, And now the Minnesota Goodbye. I do a lot of thinking about the quality of the programming and content on the things that we create here. Like on the Minnesota Goodbye, we read emails mostly That's what we do. But is there something else we should be doing? I mean, is there something else that you do you want to hear? I don't know, something more or less on the Minnesota Goodbye, Like maybe we read a haiku every day, you know. Maybe I mean, maybe we read a little Shakespeare every day and it's something we haven't thought of. But I'm just saying we read emails, and I really enjoy it because it's like a variety pack. You crack something open, you don't know what you're gonna get. You know, It's like when you get that variety pack of chips and you don't know you're gonna get like, you know, like you're gonna get Fredo's and Dorito's and you're gonna get like bugles and you don't know what you're gonna get. So, but if there's something else you want to hear on the Minnesota Goodbye, then let me know.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, just like, don't make it a lot of work, because this is our one thing we don't have to put a lot of effort into, you know what I mean, that's all I ask.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks.
Speaker 2: If you want us to start writing parodies for the Minnesota Goodbye, I'm going to put an ax on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I gotcha. But send you any your ideas that there's something you I mean, that's basically what you do. Anyway, send us an idea. With your idea an email to Ryan Show at katiewidb dot com. All right, here we go, Shannon writes in boring topic, but who else to discuss it with other than y'all? Folding laundry. I've realized ninety percent of it is at leisure but serves multiple purposes. Workout clothes, lounging around the house, clothes, running errands clothes, and sleep clothes, all the same outfits to serve multiple purposes. Would we agree with this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's what my laundry is okay.
Speaker 1: I wear a uniform for work, and I only work two to three times a week. So first, how many times do you wear something without washing it? Assuming you spill nothing and didn't pit out. I wear the same pair of jeans probably three or four days in a row, new shirt, knew everything else every single day. You wear the same jeans three or four days in a row.
Speaker 2: Really interesting. I felt guilty because I wore these jeans on Tuesday already, and I was like, Oh, they're gonna know. I just don't know aday.
Speaker 3: It just looks like jeans to me.
Speaker 2: Interesting okay.
Speaker 1: Also, for those who wear uniforms out in the Minnesota, goodbye world. Do you miss dressing up? Last time I had to wear a uniform. The only time I wore a uniform is when I worked at Sambo's as a dishwasher, and I had to wear some awful brown polyester shirt. I don't remember pants. Maybe I had pants, but I had a visor. I had to wear a visor as a dishwasherol.
Speaker 4: Well, I had a uniform when I worked at the Disney store. We kind of looked like flight attendants. And I didn't hate wearing it because I would never have to think about what I needed to wear exactly, and.
Speaker 3: We did get to choose.
Speaker 4: So you had a skirt or pants, and then you would also wear like either a bow tie, a regular like a straight tie, or like an ascot with it, and so you get to pick those so cute, and then you could either wear a vest or not a vest. So I would always look the most like a flight attendant because I wore a skirt and a vest and a tie, and I liked it. I thought it was kind of fun. Okay, yeah, I never had to worry about what to wear, sure right.
Speaker 2: I always liked wearing a uniform because you just didn't have to think getting ready for work. You're like, hey, got to do my regular routine, throw on the same clothes, and we're good to go.
Speaker 1: I wonder if that's more of a girl thing, because as a guy, I don't really think that much about what I'm going to wear into work, and I never have. It's always like, okay, what's on top of the stack or what is like, you know, you know, what have I not worn in a while? I put on this hammermade shirt today, I haven't worn it. I don't really like it that much because it looks a little bit too business casual, you know lot. Do you like it a lot?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, But then I.
Speaker 1: Noticed the bleach stain down the front of it.
Speaker 2: There, No, I see it. You mentioned that earlier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, granted I was going to say, had you not pointed it out, I want to see it, but it is. It does kind of stick out now that you point it out.
Speaker 1: Well, of course, it's like anything. Yes, so stop staring at it.
Speaker 3: You do look like what's her face from Wizard of Oz? Dorothy? You look like.
Speaker 1: Dorothy pattern it is? Did you know I saw that dress one time? Yeah, Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz. Dress was on something that you won't remember because you're not old enough, but it was called the Freedom Train, and during the bi centennial of this great country. The Freedom Train was a literal train that was a traveling museum of the history of the United States. And they had everything from George Washington's signature to Abe Lincoln's hat to the dress from Dorothy. They had Charlton Heston's staff from the Ten Commandments. I don't know why I remembered that, but they had all these movie props and pieces of hit and I remember looking at Dorothy's dress from the Wizard of Oz. It was hanging on the wall to my left, and I'm like, whoa, that's cool. The Freedom Train. If you get a minute, look it up, because it was a really cool thing that traveled all over the country to celebrate the Byzontenna.
Speaker 2: Oh oh funny. That sounds like the Canadian Express train that comes around on Christmas. That kind of does like all, oh, yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: But that's just decorated on the outside, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, but then they like do open some of the cars and they like have performances and stuff do they Okay, yeah, but it's only like one or two cars that have it, so yeah, but that's cool.
Speaker 1: It was like a Smithsonian Traveling exhibit. So freedom train super cool. Shannon says, that's all my boring stuff I have today. Probably time to start socializing in real life to add something interesting to my repertoire. Bye friends, Thank you, Shannon, I actually really enjoyed that one. Next one, Dave Jenny Bailey. I'm a first time writer and I love all of you guys. I just listened to the Minnesota Goodbye. In regards to Eunice Kennedy, you should listen to the podcast The Backstory with Patty Steele, The Concealed Kennedy. It's all about Eunice Kennedy and why she got a lobotomy, Have a great Day. That's from Dawn. It came up on the show yesterday. Somehow we brought up Rose Kennedy and how she I don't remember how, but I said that was a woman with a tough life. She had like twelve kids. One of them died in World War Two, the other two were assassinated, and then one daughter had a lobotomy where they scraped out her brain until she couldn't speak anymore. And that's what they did with And so I looked down last night on that podcast. It's called The Backstory with Patty Steele. Patty Steele is an old radio DJ with a remarkable voice in delivery. She's amazing. Couldn't find that episode. I scrolled and scrolled and scrolled. Couldn't find that episode, but I found a bunch of they're really cool episodes. So here's a podcast idea, The Backstory with Patty Steele, and it's an iHeart podcast. Oh yeah, yeah, nice.
Speaker 4: This is random to say, but my uncle had a lobotomy.
Speaker 1: Are you serious.
Speaker 3: Yes, well this was like way back in the day, but my uncle, like in the.
Speaker 1: Fifties or sixties or something, Okay, back when they.
Speaker 3: Were legit, when they were a thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when he was born, he had something up with his eyes, and so he started to go blind pretty early in life. And so to try and save it, my grandparents had like a surgery on him that was essentially a lobotomy that screwed him up like after the fact, so he still ended up going blind. But then he ended up just like he could only say so many things, and so we just were like, yeah, that's my my kooky uncle Jim. So yeah, he was just a blind guy who would say like kind of the same thing over and over.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm so sorry. That's awful.
Speaker 3: It's wild.
Speaker 4: I mean, he had a pretty wildlife because then he was blind and he couldn't communicate correctly. So as he got older, he ended up getting gang green in his leg, but he couldn't communicate it because he was blind. One couldn't see it, two didn't have the words to communicate it. So by the time they found it it was too far gone. So they had to amputate his leg and then he was blind and in a wheelchair, and then he got lung cancer and died. But he got he smoked and drank all the time because what brought him joy, and so my grandparents were like, let.
Speaker 1: Him do it, let him do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if this is the one thing that he likes to do. And I guess he still remembered what like boobs looked like, because he would just sit in the kitchen smoking and be like, titties, are you serious?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? Wow?
Speaker 4: But then he would like talk to some fake guy in his brain or something named Swede, and so he would go Swede titties Wow.
Speaker 3: Me and my sister thought he was a freaking riot.
Speaker 4: I mean, obviously we didn't really talk to him, but like every time we left we wouldhug them and be like we love you uncle Jim.
Speaker 3: And go okay, okay, wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a great story.
Speaker 3: I mean, he had kind of an interesting like journey.
Speaker 1: An interesting and horrific journey.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He remembered roller coasters though, so if you talk to about roller coasters, he loved it.
Speaker 3: He loved Christmas lights and I'll remember that old was.
Speaker 1: He before he kind of lost it, like went blind, and was you know, incacitated. Did he live semi normally till ten or yeah.
Speaker 4: Like probably early teens around there in like twelve thirteen maybe is when he got Was.
Speaker 1: He looking at titties when he was twelve years old?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: That ten?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but where you see him when you're ten or twelve years old?
Speaker 3: I don't know. He must remember on TV.
Speaker 1: There's no titties on TV. I mean there are, but there's booths. Yeah, but okay, you have to see, like, this isn't amazing how some people how it's just so such a roll of the dice. What kind of life we get here? Was somebody who threw no fault of his own, had a very challenging, what we consider a horrible life. And you look at somebody who you know, you'll see somebody online who's like, yeah, they're a skateboarder but they don't have any legs, or they're like and you know, or somebody who's just like so severely you know, disabled, they're in a wheelchair and they have to blow into a straw to make it roll or whatever. Yeah, and then you look at other people who are like Instagram influencers, and they're gorgeous and they're tall and they're athletic, and to me, it's like that is just it's so unfair. Life is not fair. And I think that's one of the great lessons in life is that life is not fair. You hope that it's going to be a little bit more fair to you and your loved ones, but you never know. So life is not fair. What else?
Speaker 2: Okay, story based.
Speaker 3: Very happy. He was a very happy man.
Speaker 1: Drank it smoke. I love it. Uh all right, Brianna, our secretary, writes in says, do not do not go to DC in the summer unless you want to experience what it's like to be steamed like a dumpling, because it's so fucking hot and human. You'll be set sweating in places that as you considering your life choices. I went in July. It was miserable and considering many not all, but many attractions require walking outside. Finally, somebody who agrees with me, Jenny Girl, me too. I am not into Star Wars. Star Wars movies to me are like a never ending buffet. They keep serving you in the same fucking thing, but somehow you're stuck there for three hours wondering if you're actually full or trapped in a black hole. Okay, that's it for now, talk soon, Love you all. Oh. Ps, I ordered myself a new b that's her yellow baby blanket. We told the story last week on the show about how Carson had the baby blanket from the time he was born until maybe a year when he left it at a hotel room in China. He carried it everywhere. Brie said she had one too, and I think she sent me a picture and it was so tattered, So no, that was somebody else. She left hers at the Great Wolf Lodge, so she had it again since she was a baby, and she's like in her thirties. She left it a Great Wolf Lodge. She just said, I decided to replace it. The sentiment won't be the same, but the feeling of it might be. So I'm giving it a try. I'll let you know how it goes. Baby Carson can do the same thing. If it's worth it, we'll see. Let me know, because that might be a really cool surprise to get him a new blue baby blanket.
Speaker 3: Oh, you love it.
Speaker 1: It's it was just sad. I mean, he was crushed and he's not an expressive kid, but he was very sad about that. All right, let's see, okay, Sarah writes in I want to reach out after the Minnesota Goodbye when Jenny talked about the dog school bus service, Yes, well, I own a local dog daycare and we offer a pickup and drop off in our camp van a. Jenny, if you ever want to tag along for a day and see behind the scenes of a dog show for life, you're welcome to ride along. Feel free to bring the string cheese.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that I seriously would That would be so fun.
Speaker 1: I can forward this to you. That is from Sarah. Love you, guys, and thanks for giving the dogs and me entertainment on our routes. Give me a second, okay, Jenny, why.
Speaker 2: Would be excited? You guys? You have no idea, Like if I have a dog in my vicinity, my entire mood just goes up like twenty notches. I don't know how to describe it. I just love them so much, even the little assholes.
Speaker 3: She walks into a room, She's like, why do I feel better? There's a dog around. There must be a dog in the vicinity.
Speaker 1: You know, I get that because I was out on a walk last night. And everybody was out because it was decently nice. It was like forty five.
Speaker 2: Pretty sunset too, yeah, was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So there were so many dogs out last night, and I looked at every dog and smiled because they just made me smile, even though they were not and not as single one of them was my kind of dog. They all looked like shepherds that were a little bit kind of like not cute, haggard, not not haggard, but a little bit more mean, like I don't know, just like a kind of a dog that would scare you as a child. Oh, okay, And I think you know what I mean. And and but but you Knowlredy just having a good time with their dog, not my style of dog. I want a cute dog. I think Josie was really cute. Yeah, and I want a cute dog.
Speaker 4: My fear is you're gonna whatever dog you get, you're gonna compare it to Josie. Yeah, because you're even doing that now and haven't gotten one yet.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna probably name her something that sounds just like Josie, like Rosie, Rosie.
Speaker 2: Do you have a preference on if it's a boy or a girl?
Speaker 1: Probably a girl, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's what a lot of people kind of prefer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd be open to either one, but probably a girl because I had such a good experience with I haven't had a boy dog since I was a kid. All right, Next, Hello Morning crew, but specifically Dave. Sorry to hear about Josie, but wow, what a lucky girl she was to have you. I heard you're looking for another companion, and they talk about working at the Humane Society and rescues and things like that. It might be a good way to decide if you are ready for your next dog or if it's too soon and you can foster in that type of thing. I hope this helps on your search. I've got two adopted dogs, an eight year old named Coda and a nine year old name Nikita. They are my sweet, lazy, old lady dogs, and I hope I'm blessed to have them for sixteen years each. Wow, and there they are laying next to each other on isn't it cute when pets become friends, like a couple of dogs become friends. Isn't that cute?
Speaker 2: It's so cute? I love it. I watched like two little logs that love each other so much, and like one of them is so fat and can barely move that it kind of just like, well, try to move and then it'll end up just laying on top of the other one. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: That is funny. Let's see, there's a lot of suggestion for dogs and things like that, but I'm gonna skip to this one from Mike. He says, I heard the name Mike included in the three super fans of the Dave Ryan in the Morning Show. Whether it was me or not, I'm taking it as me, you know, No, it was how did that come up? We said, like, there's Cookie and.
Speaker 4: There's breed quiz that we did for Katie Perry tickets people.
Speaker 1: Who only only certain people would know because they're super fans. So there's Mike, Cookie, Brie, Juanita for sure, probably Cesna Cherisse, and then.
Speaker 2: Miche a.
Speaker 1: Super fans of the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry for forgetting you. We will remember you if you.
Speaker 3: Start signing your text messages with your name right too.
Speaker 1: Seriously. Then there were a few more names mentioned. I am so honored to be in with Cookie, Juanita, Bree, Pastor, Catherine, and Stephanie. I would add Benjamin, but he's more part of the show, but was a super fan. Love y'all so much. Can't even begin to express how much I appreciate what y'all bring us each day. Oh right, ah my, and that is for Mike thing Mike.
Speaker 3: Mike won me a unicorn at david Buster.
Speaker 1: Gety for real.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It sits in my car in like its little chair.
Speaker 2: I saw it sitting on one of the games we were playing, and I was like, oh, what's up, and He's like, oh, Mike won it for me. I was like, oh, I didn't get it.
Speaker 3: I'm just getting Mike won and I just happened to be standing near and I did.
Speaker 2: I did. Somebody did give me a purple ducking.
Speaker 1: Oh all right, next one, don't use my name. Now. This is a spicy one. Has nothing to do with anything we've talked about. I need to know if I'm making a mistake. My wife and I have been together for the nine years, three beautiful children, and i've been I'm turning twenty five on Saturday, so I've had this fantasy of potentially watching her be with another man. Oh okay, didn't see that coming, did you. We recently went to a club and I expressed some of these things that I think about, and I asked her to dance on another man seductively while I watched. Well, I did like it, and she said she did as well. Now we've talked more about it, and I agree this Saturday to get a hotel and have my male friend over At the hotel. She got a sexy schoolgirl outfit for the occasion, and the plan is to only do what I allow. We agreed to her giving him a lamp dance after we drink and get loose, and if she feels comfortable, she can pull it out and play oh oh, pull it out, pull.
Speaker 2: Out the pean, pull out the pine oh.
Speaker 1: And then they can do their thing. That's as far as we agreed to go, kind of test the waters before we take the next step into a full on threesome. Wow, Am I making a mistake? Is this wrong? I can't help but feel like I shouldn't be doing this, like I'm less than a man because of it. I don't I'm not an expert on this, but I'm gonna say, if you're three consenting parties, go for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. There's not a many, or at least out in the open, but a lot of people are into that. It has a title. It's called like cuckolding or something.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah it is, Yes, it is, yes, because I've seen that category on pornhub. Yes, where one guy watches his wife have sex with another guy. Yeah. I would say, as long as you're all consenting, you're okay with it, then you do it, and the worst case scenarios, you go, you know what, that wasn't for me. Yeah, that's like trying any kind of a new kink because your partner says, you know what, I want you to slather me with banana pudding ooh and throw grapes at me. Yeah, and you might go, well that's fucking weird. But if you try it and afterward you go, you know, really didn't do anything for me, did it now? And then you laugh about it, you go get cleaned up, and then you don't try it again exactly.
Speaker 2: Granted they're so young, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: You have to like be prepared though, like what if she likes it then you don't, then like you have to be prepared for that, or if you both are like you know what, maybe this isn't for me, that you're still not like holding that against you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, No, I think that's really true. It's like I mean, and that's that could be the potential problem. Yeah, it's kind of like a threesome where one person feels really left out but the other two are having a great time. Then the other two might be hooking up on the side behind your back. So I would say there is a little note of caution in there, but I would say go try it. If you're both, if you're all three willing, The worst that can happen I think I mean realistically is that you'll go no, yeah, did not do it for me.
Speaker 2: But also, please let us know what happens.
Speaker 1: Yes, please all right? Send them emails in the Ryans Show at kadiwb dot com.