Speaker 1: Get ready for Hey.
Speaker 2: September five, twenty twenty four, allegedly, according to that thing we call a calendar, this the o'celli effect on a Thursday, and I have not been live this week because well, quite frankly, I'm going to tell you on tomorrow night's show why. But something happened to me and I got injured this week. So I was going to try and be on last night, and I could not get myself together by eight o'clock to even get on the air. So you know, I know people think, you know, it's easy to do, but it was not going to be an easy task to get on the air last night. But anyway, I'm glad because I have Mike Swonsor with me here on a Thursday, and gonna be really happy to talk to him about something that we missed too weeks ago, because I was going to talk to him a little bit about his Lancer presentation and he had stuff on his mind there, but we wound up getting into social media and the ills in society, et cetera, et cetera, And I mean, geez, you know, this has been a weird week too. I could have brought up the news already at the top here. There was a shooting at Appalachi High School here in Georgia. Four dead, even though they just got their silent alarms in a week ago, et cetera, et cetera. A fourteen year old suspect is supposed to get arranged shortly in Georgia here and an AR weapon once again. You know, could we go over that news, could we go over the selection process, could we go over a lot of stuff? Sure we could, But really I want to talk to Mike about what's on his mind, what he's reading and why and things like that, and also get a peak anyway at what he might be presenting at the Lancer Conference, which will be November twenty second this year in Dallas, Texas, where I'll be the MC and mich will be there too. So you know, get yourself down to Tech on the anniversary date of the JFK assassination because that weekend will be the Lancer conference. Anyways, Mike, enough out of me. I mean, you're the guy who was written the War State, the guy who's written why the Vietnam War course. You have that newsletter cooking still, and I don't know if you're going to announce anything else new in the near future, but I guess we'll see. And I know you're you're supposed to be working on a book now, but maybe you'll give us updates on all that. And there's other stuff that you sent me links to.
Speaker 3: So how you doing tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm doing good. Yeah, I'm planning on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get I got an email a couple of days ago. When's this new book coming out? Well, I've kind of I haven't actually written anything, uh in the over the course this year for a new book. I've been working on the financial stuff. And what I plan on doing is kind of really stepping away from writing so much financial stuff. I write like a daily newsletter and I'm just gonna pare it down to once a week so i can start to really get serious about writing about the Kenny assassination and in related topics. And I've got, like, you know, what I'm going to present in Lancer would be material that would go into a new book that's brand new about the Well, the title of it's something like, basically, was Kennedy killed for Vietnam or for Cuba? And as time has gone on, you know, we've gotten lots more information. New books come out new documents released, I mean, a whole new perspectives on it. And really, from what I understand, it was really once the Pentagon papers got put.
Speaker 1: Out there.
Speaker 4: That the idea that Kennedy may have been killed because of his Vietnam policy.
Speaker 1: Got out there.
Speaker 4: And what the Pentagon paper showed, not in huge detail, just in a couple of pages, was that he had a plan to withdraw from Vietnam. And Peterdale Scott wrote about it when the Pentagon papers came out. Might have been one or two other people, but he was the main person. And then John Newman of course did a lot more research into it with more information, and a year or two ago and I made talk about the I probably will bring this book up. But the Miller Center at UVA put out a new book actually I've talked to, I've talked about on your show. But it has more evidence in this book that there was a withdrawal plan.
Speaker 1: It's really indisputable. But the author of.
Speaker 4: This does a bizarre twist and claims that it wasn't Kennedy's plan and instead it was McNamara's plan, and therefore, if Kenny had lived, he brought Kennedy probably wouldn't have done it, which is a completely bizarre argument because it's not he doesn't present any actual factual evidence. That's just a theory that he presents after presenting all this evidence, some of a lot of it that's never been published, that there was a withdrawal plan. It's like a political argument he's making. And he starts out actually mentioning John Newman and Peter Dale Scott and and you know, not liking their arguments basically.
Speaker 2: Uh, well, there's yeah, but there's also a couple of other realities here. I mean, when Johnson goes in, he continues on the Vietnam policy, uh, and seems to completely ignore Cuba, which Kennedy did not ignore Cuba when he was in Aufice, right. Uh So you know that that you could say definitively, I think, but Johnson seemed to show no interest in Cuba ever again for the rest of the time he's in officer.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm paid.
Speaker 1: That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And I and I've got documents that basically show him saying I don't want nothing to do with it. So that's what I want to talk about is kind of make put I'm gonna put a stuff a bunch of stuff together in October a timeline of documents and information and present that at the at the conference, and you know, one day it will be put into it would hopefully put into a book. But basically, to make a long story short, I believe that there was an effort among somebody or maybe multiple groups two.
Speaker 1: Spark a war in Cuba.
Speaker 4: And that not necessarily mean they're all involved in the assassination. It could have been after the fact trying to take advantage of it. For example, the d are the Cuban and di Castro group that Jefferson Morley has shown as you know, getting assistance of some CAA figures that group immediately after the assassination.
Speaker 1: I'm talking minutes after the assassination.
Speaker 4: Within an hour, we're putting out pressure releases and statements linking Oswald to Castro in Cuba. So there may have been multiple people or groups doing things, you know, not on the assassination so to speak, but.
Speaker 1: Ed when Johnson, you know, is presented with.
Speaker 4: The morning after assassination with dubious information that Oswald got money from a Cuban when Oswald was in Mexico.
Speaker 1: City, that could have something to do with paying him to do the assassination.
Speaker 4: He supposedly waives these around to people and most likely uses them as a justification with thorough Warren to get him on the warrant commission. But these this this information is actually debunked.
Speaker 1: Over the course of a couple of days by the FBI. Then the CIA has to distance itself from it too.
Speaker 2: Well, there's circumstantial issues here because look, you have what is not known to the public at the time, which is the whole Mexico City trip, and then you have what is known to the public, which is, you know, over the weekend of the assassination, right when Oswald's in custody, all across the country, at least clips of those interviews that he did in New Orleans were played where he is a pro castro sympathizer, right, He's with the Fair Play for Cuba Committee, et cetera. Right, So these things are in the public mind. So it kind of makes sense that the anti you know, the anti Castro Cubans would immediately point to it because they were already aware of him through that, right, I mean, the class in the street, the thing that gets arrested and all of that, So which brought him to the attention a WDSU and also that guy with the Latin listening post radio show, you know who we find out later actually you know it was part of the those other little groups there that were all about getting involved in Latin America and fighting communism. You know, they were in on it and want to wanting to promote him almost, which is weird.
Speaker 5: The whole thing is strange, so you know. But but the thing is, once Oswald's.
Speaker 2: Dead, you know, there's nothing about Cuba again pretty much for years and years until people start making suppositions later where they're like, oh, well, you know it could have been over Cuba, right, Uh. The c Day thing, the thing that Lamar Waldron comes up with about oh, I don't know, forty years after the assassination, where he says, oh, look, you know, here's this contingency plan.
Speaker 5: They might have invaded Cuba. You know that might have been in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you something interesting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the day of assassination, yep, that I don't have maybe the next day I don't have the document right in front of me. But uh, the Joint chiefs of staff, you know, every people think of le Maay and you know, you know you get the head of the Army, the Navy and so forth.
Speaker 1: Has had the Air Force.
Speaker 4: General Wheeler head of the Army, shoot head of the Marines. But anyway, beneath the Joint chiefs of Staff was the Joint Staff made up of five separate divisions of one hundred people each, and one of them was one hundred people whose job was to make plans, war plans. If we invade Cuba, they're you know, they make the plans.
Speaker 1: For it, if they if we're going to invade.
Speaker 4: Or do something in another country, you know, they're they're the ones making all the war plans up. And the way they organize it is you got these one hundred people, and you have officers mostly colonels majors that are coming from all the different branches of the armed services. So if you're going to do something like invade Cuba, you're going to have some Marine guys in their Air Force guys, and they're all you know, Army, they're all Navy, all each branch, so they can coordinate together and plan it all out.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: Well, that's one division, okay. Another division is tasked with communications and delivery of orders. So if there is an order given to do a military action such as evade Cuba. The order would come from the President to the Secretary of Defense.
Speaker 1: Down to these guys. Right.
Speaker 4: It's not General le may or General Wheeler or the Joint chiefs of Staff you know, that are given out orders.
Speaker 1: It's this segment of the Joint chiefs of Staff. Now what's interesting is the head of that sent a memo. It charged these one hundred men.
Speaker 4: He sent a memo to General Maxwell Taylor, who is the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, when Kennedy was killed, and he said, there are a couple briefing items I think you need to brief Lynn and Johnson on, okay, And one was the tingency plans for nuclear war, right, you know what, you know, the briefcase and all that kind of stuff. That's kind of what you expect every president to get, you know, some sort of.
Speaker 1: Briefing on right, yep. Another thing was access to Berlin that was a Cold War hotspot at the time, right.
Speaker 2: Indanced in West Berlin, both in conflict, you know the wall there all that, yeah, of course.
Speaker 4: And next was our invasion planes at Cuba and Vietnam wasn't on the agenda, so that's where their minds were at.
Speaker 1: Now, Johnson.
Speaker 4: Has a meeting about Cuba with some CIA people and someone representing the Joint Chiest of Staff, you know, and then to be probably M. George Bundy, there a couple others, and he just you know, they're trying to brief them on not invading Cuba, but just what's going on in covert operations and so forth, and he just tells them, I don't want nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: He's done with it. And at the same.
Speaker 4: Time a day or this happened a few days after the assassination, this meeting, but there's a famous meeting the day after the assassination. It's Johnson has a meeting about Vietnam of Henry Cabot Lodge, Robert McNamar, Dean Russ, John mccoone right, And there's pictures taken of it and they show that to the press to show Johnson.
Speaker 1: On the job. Well, in that meeting, there's no talk of escalation.
Speaker 4: In fact, the second the ambassador, Henry Cabot Lodge, he's in the in the meeting, and he talks about the withdrawal plan and they might be able to be achieving it.
Speaker 1: They might be able to achieve.
Speaker 4: It, and you know, there's he makes out like everything is okay. When the meeting's over, Bill Moyers is standing outside. Who he's a people know of him as being on PBS or had been on you know, host on PBS for a long time. But but he came out of the Johnson administration. He was a Johnson crony, right and one of his best buddies basically, And he's staying outside the office and Johnson tells him, I'm gonna have to go to war in Vietnam because.
Speaker 1: It's what the Kennedys are telling me to do. A complete lie.
Speaker 4: This is a story, Bill Moyers tells. So either he's lying or Lennon Johnson's line.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, but see here's the thing what they're doing for you know, the press photo is one thing, right, and the meeting they have there that this is still you know, all the Kennedy administration people are still in place, right.
Speaker 5: I mean, Johnson takes his small team.
Speaker 2: In, but he hasn't replaced anybody, not yet, not yet, right, So this is still dealing with the Kennedy administration just now.
Speaker 5: President Johnson is ahead of it.
Speaker 2: So whatever was going on, it would make sense that Kennedy's CIA director and Kennedy's other people went in and said, well what about this withdraw a plan and everything else.
Speaker 5: So he's evaluating all this, which.
Speaker 3: He should be doing, right.
Speaker 2: And then a little while after this is when it's like, Okay, no, I'm not doing that, I'm doing something else. But he's going to war in Vietnam because that's what the Kennedys want.
Speaker 1: That's what he's telling Bill Moyer's.
Speaker 4: And then you know, after that meeting about Cuba I told you about, he sends a memo the Joint Chiefs of Staff want to meet him. Okay, that one guy told you sends this memo to Taylor. Taylor sends a memo about, you know, asking to meet, telling LBJ, we want to meet with you. He stalls and won't meet with him for a week. But before he finally does meet with him, he sends the Joint Chiefs of Staff a memo saying, Vietnam is now hot my top priority, right, yeah, our number one party is of the Vietnam Vietnam and you.
Speaker 1: Know, of course he is.
Speaker 4: By then he's signed that NSM two seventy three right, which has been altered a.
Speaker 1: Little bit to be from what Kennedy.
Speaker 4: There's a draft before Kennedy's killed, and the one Johnson signs is.
Speaker 1: Has more aggressive language in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he signed that on Monday though, right, I mean Monday after the assassination.
Speaker 1: So I mean it's happening fast.
Speaker 2: It's happening pretty quick, right, you know, So Kennedy's dead on a Friday, that he's going into the ground on Monday, and.
Speaker 5: He's signing this thing. Yeah, so that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: But but there you go all this, you know, talking about what the Kennedy's wanted, though it is a kind of a shrewd political move because.
Speaker 5: If it's not the popular thing that.
Speaker 2: People want done, if that wasn't the way to go, he can still blame it on his predece eser at.
Speaker 5: That point, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So that's what I'm thinking is that that's what he was doing.
Speaker 2: And that was the thing when we watched that PBS thing a couple of years ago, and you and I tried to do the review and we couldn't even get through it to do the whole review on here, is that they were making that case on there that. Look, you know, it's not Johnson's fault. He was just picking up where the Kennedys were going, and it's like, uh no, that's not what was happening there, you know, So I don't know that. That's why it's it's going to be really interesting to see what you come up with in this book because or even this presentation at Lancer. But you're gonna get stuff together about QBA two and try to reveal to people what was happening in real time there too as well.
Speaker 4: Right, well, yeah, somewhat, yeah, Okay, that's that's a huge topic to through.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but with a few que a few key points, I'm sure you can get you for sure, you know.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing here is, I don't think it takes everything.
Speaker 2: It doesn't take the you know, it doesn't take all the documentation, all the meetings and everything to really boil it down. You know, all you have to do is take a look at the major things. Where would there have been a major move right, when would that have to have been discussed? Obviously he would have had to discuss it with his National Security Council, right, because anytime we're going to engage in a war. Our president needs to go over that with his National Security Council, I'm thinking and the Joint chiefs. Yeah, that meeting has to take place in order for him to say, look, you got to get your guys ready to do all this stuff because you're at the heads of each of the military services, right, So, I mean that's what I would think logically.
Speaker 5: Maybe I'm wrong, but that's the two main things.
Speaker 2: And then of course you got to meet with the Secretary of Defense and tell him, look, this is what we're going to be doing, and this is what we're not going to do. So you know, look, he was writing out an agenda here. Now, whether it was his agenda or it was somebody else's, we could always try to sort that suss that out from what we see. But this idea that he was just picking up where Kennedy left off is ridiculous to my mind.
Speaker 1: You know, Oh, it's completely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 5: So, and that's the thing.
Speaker 2: This is one of the main principles why I think it's worth it to pursue the assassination is because in my mind, the Vietnam War would not have happened had Kennedy lived. I don't think he was going there. It doesn't look that way to me. I've had more than one person argue that with me, you know, but the truth is, it just doesn't look like that's where Kennedy was going. If he had been re elected in sixty four, I don't think we would have had what Johnson did. You know, Johnson skates right on in there, and he does ride the sentimentality, you know, the grieving nation. He's able to utilize that for his own political purposes domestically as well, because that's the other agenda, right that everybody points to is Johnson's domestic agenda, and oh, well, you know he passed all this other stuff. And then they say, well, you know, was he actually all four civil rights or not?
Speaker 3: Da da da da dah.
Speaker 2: Okay, probably not, but it was politically advantageous.
Speaker 5: So were the Kennedys.
Speaker 2: Really working on that or was that something that was just simply brought into play? And then sort of you know, it's there's a lot to be discussed there, and it's impossible to know definitively that Kennedy would or would not have done whatever, because he could have changed any day.
Speaker 3: On what he was doing.
Speaker 5: I get that part but the way it looks to me is.
Speaker 2: That we wouldn't have the Vietnam War. It just would not have occurred. You know, the advisors were going to be removed. Everybody was supposed to be out of there by the end of sixty five, and I mean everybody. So that to me looks like we're out of there, you know, we're no longer involved in what they were calling what endo China in the nineteen sixty debates. Right, But anyway, that's what I see. You also sent me a link to a to a book about a General Walker, and of course that plays a part in the Kennedy assassination story, because there are a lot of people that see your eye, especially the official story that Oswald may have been d taken a shot at at General Walker. And there have been books, you know, and and different authors who have researched this and tried to make different you know, thesis work here that either he did or did not do that realistically. And I noted that you you sent me a link to a book about that, uh recently, and but it was it seemed like it was more about his walker's uh you know, sort of ability as a rabble rouser like the speeches he was making to the Burke Society and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: You know, so what about that, Yeah, this is I just wanted to make people aware of it. It's called The Insurrectionist Beans.
Speaker 4: Came out last year, right, and it's an academic book, you know, published by an academic press, written by a professor. It's not really about the Walker shooting you're trying to you know. He takes the stance at Osweald did it, but doesn't really go that deep into it, although he does note that the police they thought it was probably you know, when when a shooting happened, they were their prime suspect was one of the people associated with Walker. Some guy that was living in Walker's house got kicked out of the house and they thought he might have done it Walker.
Speaker 1: The book is more a biography of Walker in his political views.
Speaker 4: The way much history is written, you know, the way our minds work, people often will link something in the past to contemporary events, and that's what this guy's doing.
Speaker 1: You know. He's taking the purpose of the book to.
Speaker 4: Attack conspiracy theories by claiming that Walker is a precursor to stuff like the que People and those type of conspiracy theories because he was a John Bircher basically, but and he goes you know, it does go into detail about the.
Speaker 1: Different ideas he had.
Speaker 4: But I found it more interesting because I found out stuff about Walker as a person I didn't know before, and I got the impression so.
Speaker 1: People who don't know.
Speaker 4: He was a highly decorated combat veteran in World War Two and Korea.
Speaker 1: He actually I didn't know this too.
Speaker 4: I've read this book, but he was one of the people apparently that helped create the special forces in the army, and he was basically a special forces leader and Uh did some heavy combat stuff in the in the Italian campaigned on World War Two, and then was in Korea.
Speaker 1: But after the Korean War, I mean this was real apparent to me from reading the reading a book.
Speaker 4: And you know, when you see his career, he really didn't have many important positions.
Speaker 1: He's cut. His career was kind of.
Speaker 4: Winding down, and he was likely to be retired from the service because the way the military works, if you're an officer, if you don't get keep getting promoted, you end up getting uh eventually retired. And the most of the positions he was getting just weren't important anymore. So that could be because of his personality, which he does seem to be have been a strange person.
Speaker 1: From the way he spoke.
Speaker 4: He wasn't a good public speaker and his thoughts seemed to be disjointed when he wrote and spoke. He also was a homosexual, which would be a big problem at the time, and that's the person you know.
Speaker 1: He had boys that were living with him in his house, kind of rotating in and out. And in the seventies he got in he got arrested twice for proposition police officers. Oh wow, so that's you know, I didn't know that stuff.
Speaker 3: Well I didn't know about that.
Speaker 5: No, that's news to me.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of why he just vanished from the scene.
Speaker 4: He was a big Bircher in a big you know, for a couple of years he was a pretty big public figure. He's on the cover of Time magazine now. And what he got famous for with the Kenny administration was a well couple of things, but it started he started to become a controversial figure. Right as Kenny got in office. He was serving in Europe in charge of a unit and was having soldiers read what he called pro blue books, and they were basically refashioned John Birch Society tracts claiming that the American government was infiltrated by communists, and the State Department was, and Democrats were and so forth, and this type of thing. You know, it's going to get him in trouble, regardless of the Kenny administration, because in the military you're not supposed to be doing partisan politics, and then you know, as an officer, and which is what he was doing. So he ended up getting pushed out of the service because of that.
Speaker 1: Then he trained to try to run for.
Speaker 4: Politics as governor of Texas in the primaries and got crushed. But when he did that, the hl Hunts, the Clinton Murchison's, the wealthy people that were financing a lot of right wing causes, they were backing him. But then when they saw him give a public speech in Dallas, it flopped. And then he continued to make these acts, you know, say things about this conspiracy in the government that he was claiming was there, and got called to Congress to testify about it, and basically sounded foolish and.
Speaker 1: Punched out a reporter when he was done testifying. Actually, so he's quite a character. And then right before.
Speaker 4: The Cuban missile crisis, there is a huge riot in mississipp Be over integrating one of the colleges down there, and at least several people were shot. One person was killed, and Kennedy had to send in some officials that I don't think it was a National Guard, but some some Justice.
Speaker 1: Department people, about one hundred of them.
Speaker 4: And some of them got attacked by students and you know that they were angry about a black person being allowed to go to the college. Well General Walker was there leading the students, you know.
Speaker 1: So after that happened the Kenny administration, I'm not saying I agree with what they did, but they had him basically arrested and evaluated to see if he was insane mm hm. And they're going to bring them up on charges and then they end up dropping everything. So the doctor, I mean, he was basically not simply evaluated, but jailed.
Speaker 4: In a medical institution, right and the doctor, the psychiatrist, determined that he was not insane, and basically that, you know, and that in itself was a bit of a you know, a scandal among among the right. You're you're now calling people, you know, insane and putting them in medical institutions.
Speaker 1: Right, So I mean I I.
Speaker 4: You know, but anyway, that's the kind of stuff he was doing. But the other thing about it about him is he was a lot more connected to groups beyond the John Birch Society, the Minutemen, for example, some of the far right, or that's not the word for some of the more violent anti civil rights movements like the States what's called the States Rational States Rights.
Speaker 3: Party, States Rights Party, right, and.
Speaker 4: They were doing violence, you know, members of that were killing people.
Speaker 1: So he was pretty you know, connected to a lot of stuff.
Speaker 4: He wasn't simply a guy run around given rabble rousing speeches.
Speaker 2: Well right, He was trying to work with a bunch of different organizations that were sort of on that side, that were agreeing with some of these things he was saying one way or another. But meanwhile he had this not so right wing lifestyle apparently going on.
Speaker 5: I have a live.
Speaker 2: Question, by the way, Yeah, sure, let's see I did, Okay, So the whole question is this or did the Joint chiefs tell Johnson he had to confront communism either in Cuba, Berlin, or Vietnam. Maybe that was the price to go along with the company line that Kennedy was shot by Oswald and everything is fine.
Speaker 3: What do you think about that?
Speaker 2: Is that is that something that might have been that you might have seen revealed here?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't see that written on a paper, But I believe they wanted to go. I mean, it's clear they wanted to.
Speaker 4: Go to Warren Cuba, Okay, And they also sent several memos during the course of the Kenny administration, you know, advocating escalation of Vietnam at different points in time. But I think they're more focused on going to Warren Cuba.
Speaker 1: As a as a whole.
Speaker 4: For example, after the Cuban missile crisis. I've looked at the Kennedy the tapes, the Kenny tapes, and from October till January nineteen October sixty two January nineteen sixty three, there's not a single meeting about Vietnam that Kennedy has the joint she's of staff until that January.
Speaker 1: They're all about Cuba.
Speaker 4: And you could see you know, planning documents and statements where you know it's recommended multiple times, not just once or twice.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm always surprised also that Germany doesn't come up more often because there was all this tension between East and West Berlin and there were military actions that started to take place that could have escalated. I could have gotten out of control. You know, when people were shadowing each other over the wall, right there was this thing about tanks being moved too close to the wall at one point, or too close to the border. There was all kinds of stuff like this had happened in the previous couple of years.
Speaker 4: Well, that that was in during the there's some twice or what were called the bl in Berlin Crisis. The first time was under Eisenhower. The second time was Kennedy, and that was in nineteen sixty one, after the Bay of Pigs. Kenny meets a cruise chef, and cruise chef basically that basically tells.
Speaker 1: Him we're going to that he wants.
Speaker 4: The Berlin had been a divided city, but the wall hadn't been put up yet, and it was hurting the Soviets because a lot of people were leaving East Berlin and going into West Berlin. And he wanted that stopped. He wanted the United States to recognize East Berlin, I mean East Germany and he was threatening war over this, and the crisis was settled by that staying off you talked about happened where these tanks were standing off with each other. They Kennedy kind of got an agreement where we would turn these things around, you know, and let that die down. But Khrushcheff then built the Berlin Wall. That's that prevented people from continuing to leave East Germany and kind of ended the crisis.
Speaker 1: So that crisis kind of faded away, but.
Speaker 4: Kenny worried that it could still crop up again. A joint chiefs of Staff, you know, they just seem to be happy to maintain and as far as Germany went to maintain the status quo, which is what happened.
Speaker 1: To the to the wall fell.
Speaker 4: But when the Cuban missile crisis happened, Kennedy you can hear it in the meeting in the tape, you know, where he has with the Joint Jesus Staff. He expresses worry that if they move on, if the US invades Cuba does something, that khruse Chef will move on Berlin and LeMay just dismisses that and says, we have so much power.
Speaker 1: Basically, they're not they can't do anything.
Speaker 4: And Kennedy makes a comment that that this possibly could be with the wold things about UH And it turns out I think he was correct because he's thought about this other week when Khruseh Chef. We have books that tell the Russian side, and there was a historian that got hold of transcripts of the Soviet city and meetings. This is kruse Chef in his inner circle. It basically consists of cruise Chef telling these people what he wants to do. But before the Cuban missile crisis, he tells them he wants to put these missiles in Cuba and then go to the United Nations and trigger.
Speaker 1: A crisis over it to try to get this Berlin thing changed in a way.
Speaker 4: He wants to try to settle all the disputes he has with the United States. You know, he wasn't trying, He wasn't planning to shoot the missiles at the United States, but use them to try to make a giant negotiation, and obviously it didn't work. But to go back to what the person's asking, So I don't really think in nineteen sixty three, the military, the Joint Chiefs, the CIA whoever was really that interested in doing anything aggressive in Europe, but they were interested in Cuba.
Speaker 1: In somewhat in Vietnam.
Speaker 4: But all that said, when they had there's multiple times where le May says that the fact that what they're doing in Vietnam is a waste of time in the sense of trying to support South Vietnam with these counterinsurgency programs. They seem to have this view that we had a massive strategic advantage over the Soviet Union in terms of bombers and nuclear missiles and so forth, and that kind of gave us a free hand, if we so to speak, in their belief.
Speaker 1: To invade Cuba.
Speaker 4: And probably they thought the Russians wouldn't do anything or to get more aggressive in Vietnam, to bomb North Vietnam or even China, and they wouldn't do anything. That's what they thought they wouldn't do anything. Whether that's true is another question. But I think when Johnson comes in office, they mainly wanted to do Cuba, but instead he did Vietnam, or promise to do Vietnam, but didn't completely even fulfill his promise. And what I mean by that is they wanted victory in Vietnam.
Speaker 1: They didn't want to go in.
Speaker 4: There, you know, one hundred thousand people, and then another hundred, then another hundred. They wanted mass bombing in North Vietnam. You know, they they wanted to do much more than Lennon Johnson was willing to.
Speaker 1: Do over the course of the several years.
Speaker 4: And then once he got in there in December nineteen sixty three, there's this is in Stanley Carnal's book. There's a Christmas party and Johnson tells walks up to the Joint Cheese of staff members of it. I'm not sure which ones, but he tells them, I just need.
Speaker 1: To get re elected.
Speaker 4: Helped me get re elected, and then we'll go to warren Vietnam. He says, I'll give you your warn Vietnam, but he has to get re elected first.
Speaker 3: Well like, yeah, sort of like that scene in JFK where.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a direct quote from the from the book, from the Carnal book, that scene in JFK. So what happens though, He gets in there and they make plans, They engage in accelerated war planning for Vietnam, and.
Speaker 1: Johnson sits on it.
Speaker 4: In the situation in Vietnam does deteriorate South Vietnam. He sends a few more advisors over there, signs another memo in April or May, as you know, saying it's more and more of a priority, sending more and more men over there, but not one hundred thousand men.
Speaker 1: It's more like twenty five thirty or something. And by this.
Speaker 4: By May June, le May and the person who's now had, the Marine Corps are angry because they don't think Johnson's living up to his promise and he won't meet with them.
Speaker 1: So le May has a meeting with.
Speaker 4: Johnson's military advisor who I can't remember that I don't haven't run from me, so I don't remember the guy's name, but he inherits the same person Kenny has had, and le May in this other the Marine Corps general basically tell him, do you know this is a betrayal?
Speaker 1: And what Johnson is doing is he's acting like Kennedy. That's what they tell him.
Speaker 5: He's not going full on with this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they tell him this is worse. This is getting to be as bad as the Bay of Pigs, and le Base says, I'm not gonna do anything about it as long as I'm in uniform. But if he doesn't get going, if Johnson doesn't get going, he's gonna retire soon, and he's gonna speak out and just expose him. So, you know, then the Golf of Talking incident happens. Let me step back for a second. There's an incident at an army base or an air force base in Vietnam. Things play coup, but anyway, a bunch of people get killed Vietnam. Vietnamese do some sabotage, you know, kill a bunch of Americans, a dozen or so, and they ask Johnson to bomb, you know, to take the plan and start asking, you know, retaliate, and he won't do it.
Speaker 1: He doesn't do anything.
Speaker 4: Till the Golf of Tonkin incident, and he just sends, you know, an overnight, you know, a couple of airplanes, not a big bombing campaign, shoot some bradar install a up and one of the pilots gets shot down and captured.
Speaker 1: And uh.
Speaker 4: And then there's another incident after the elections, just a few weeks later.
Speaker 1: Then there's another incident similar.
Speaker 4: To the Gulf of Talking, where a naval boat claims to be shot at and they ask him McNamara and George Bundy tell him to intervene or retaliate.
Speaker 1: He won't do it.
Speaker 4: He doesn't really do it, start escalating until the end of nineteen sixty four, early.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixty five. Then you know that there's a tipping point and it's all in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then it's all in after that. But yeah, there was a time period where it seemed like he was hesitating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's dragging his feet, drag in. Not only not only was LeMay angry about this, right, but by the time of that second boat incident, which Johnson dismisses is probably a phony. He says, they're probably.
Speaker 4: Shooting at fishing the water again, tells that to McNamara, Bundy and McNamara, which this is kind of Yeah, you wouldn't may not expect this, especially from McNamara.
Speaker 1: They sent him memo angry at him for not escalating. So I think.
Speaker 4: McNamara, I mean, I'm going on and on now, you know, talking about this stuff.
Speaker 1: But I don't I think he was.
Speaker 4: I think he was consistent from the day from the I think he's got consistent behavior from Kenny was president today. UHD left being Secretary Defense of trying to manage uh, the war situation without it getting out of control, trying to be an in between for the presidents and the.
Speaker 1: And the military and trying to you know, have to make both sides happy. But you know, he had limits to how far you know, he would want to escalate things for sure.
Speaker 2: So it seems like the military wanted escalation and retribution a lot quicker. They weren't getting that. And McNamara is trying to balance between the two places, you know, between escalation and not and and then this just goes on until after we get through the Gulf of Tonkin incident, and then we go to the dipping point after that.
Speaker 5: See that's funny.
Speaker 2: Because I never understood that there was a hesitation point in between. I thought that it was pretty much roll right in, you know, after the assassination as soon as sixty four comes. I'm thinking we kind of went in. But what you're describing is there is a significant in time period of delay here.
Speaker 1: Well, the real all D moment.
Speaker 4: I should have prepared to talk about this more, but it's in early nineteen sixty five. So one thing that happens with Vietnam is that the North Vietnamese they several multiple times, they'll think of the US is about to escalate, so we better escalate first, okay. And after the Gulf of Talking incident, that's what they really start to think, Oh, the US is really going to go and now right, we better throw everything we can down there down south. And they do that and they start to have some significant military victories, and Safia knows about the collapse by early nineteen sixty five, and the.
Speaker 1: US knows that, I mean, it's really about the collapse.
Speaker 4: And then there's another incident at a military base where a bunch of Americans get killed and MC George Bundy flies over there, goes to the military base and it gets shelled while he's there. He's not really you know, insignificant danger. But he sends a memo back, almost in panic, and it's very long, very long memo outline outlining a justification for going to war. And I mean, this memo in itself should be a book, because in it he says something to the fact that, uh, this war is about China, that's what it's really about, and.
Speaker 1: We may not be able to win, but we have to go to war anyway, huh.
Speaker 4: And it doesn't and it's worth it if people die. That's what he basically says in this in this thing, and that's when they decide to do the Rolling Thunder right after this memo and uh and then you know, sending then starts sending hundreds of thousands of.
Speaker 1: People over there.
Speaker 3: So that's when it really escalates, is after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's right after this memo is sent. And I'm sure you not to go back.
Speaker 4: And you know, I know mc namara writes something, but nothing like this memo is really disgusting, you know when you when you read it, because.
Speaker 1: It's basically that's what it says. You know, it's worth it even if we don't win. You know, it's like that's just real disgusting.
Speaker 3: Well, it's pretty intense. And I've never never heard this before.
Speaker 5: You know that this is the different stages it took place here.
Speaker 2: I guess we didn't have a lot of these documents too long ago, right, I mean this is from new documentation, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, this Bundy things, I mean it's been out there at least it's been out there a while really ten ten twenty years.
Speaker 5: Oh, I wasn't aware.
Speaker 1: I definitely we should do a show on that.
Speaker 4: I should find it and read it to you, you know, read parts of it on the air, because it's yeah, that would be something else.
Speaker 2: That would definitely be of interest, especially if that's really the ignition point here, then we should see it, we should hear it.
Speaker 1: And there's an other memo.
Speaker 4: What really got me interested in Vietnam was I just picked up random I got you know, the Pentagon papers, right, and I.
Speaker 1: Just randomly now i'd read it.
Speaker 4: I've always been interested in Vietnam since I was a kid, But I picked up the Pentagon papers and just randomly flipped to a page and there was a memo from a long memo from McNamara basically saying the same thing, not this thing, not not as directly as the Bundy one, but saying something like this is when they're first or sending the troops over, basically saying some of the fact that we can maintain this forever without winning or losing.
Speaker 1: And I mean I was like, that's crazy. Well it would turned out not to be true.
Speaker 5: No, definitely turned out not to be true.
Speaker 2: But it also means that Dictainey didn't invent the hey we don't leave you know idea of warfare, right, Yeah, it would mean that maybe somebody else came.
Speaker 4: Up with that a little earlier, But the Vietnam War should definitely be seen as different phases, you know, maybe every you know, and it continues like that. You know, the Vietnam War we think of that we see in movies or have had family members that were involved in. That's typically nineteen sixty seven, nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Eight, that's the peak of Americans being over there, the peak of the draft, right, and then once Snixon gets in, they do wind the draft down and start to you know, have less people over there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's when my father went in with sixty eight.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you know, but wow, and that was when the worst casualties were for Americans too.
Speaker 5: Well, right immediately after the.
Speaker 2: You know, the the the strike there after the after the tet uh you know, the tet seaspire and then they you know kind of went on the holiday and attacked and overran a bunch of bases and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, after that, I mean, there was massive casualties on the American side because they thought there was a seaspire and there was not, and they took really really hard losses right there in sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Now, I'll tell you something else people don't know. So and again one of the possible possible things that happened.
Speaker 4: Was, well, Lansdale goes back over there, I think in sixty seven, sixty six, sixty seven and the fellaw that leaks the Pentagon papers. Daniel Elsberg goes over there too, as a as a as part of Lansdale's unit.
Speaker 1: You know, there's there's some they're not complete, you know.
Speaker 4: He's not a complete CA guy, but you know they're quase CIA and they're trying to do counterinsurgency stuff and they were believers in the war.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, Ellsberg when he leaks the Pentagon papers and throughout his whole life, and I like, you know, I like him as a public figure.
Speaker 1: I like his books.
Speaker 4: He's you know, been an important figure. I believe on he's dead now, but he's you know, an important anti war figure and has been up.
Speaker 1: To the day he died.
Speaker 4: But the story he tells is that you know, Nixon was going to escalate the war, he believed, and that's why he leaked the Pentagon papers to sabotage Nixon and prevent him from escalating.
Speaker 1: And there's another possibility, and that is that.
Speaker 4: Lansdale and Daniel Elsberg were in support of a figure.
Speaker 1: In Vietnam who was one of the top South Vietnamese.
Speaker 4: Counterinsurgency generals and was seen they thought of as a reformer and not as a corrupt person as much of the people were in South.
Speaker 1: Vietnam, and they wanted him to be.
Speaker 4: Somehow be positioned to be the South Vietnamese premiere, and they try to do suppose this is, you know, there's no hard proof of this, but there's a couple of books I've read that obliquely suggest that they were involved in a coup plot to get this guy in power, and it failed, and then they're basically pushed out of the country. And then when Nixon gets president, the guy that they wanted to become the premier he got arrested.
Speaker 1: And imprisoned.
Speaker 4: And the idea is that the fact that he got in prison caused Elsburg and a few others to simply lose all hope that Vietnam was redeemed, that South Vietnam the government was redeemable, and it was just so he just decided to leak these things.
Speaker 1: Well, and it could be both are true that Dixon was going to escalate and this of you know, motivation too.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, you there, you go. Look, it doesn't mean that only one thing here is true, right.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: It could be that on the one hand, Nixon was going to escalate this and Elsburg wanted to abotage that because he knew where that would go, and it had already been continued under you know, some pretty precarious pretenses already. You know, So what what were they going to do next, especially after taking those heavy losses, Because they had taken heavy losses in the sixty seven sixty eight you know, there's something to be said for that. But like you said, they wound down the draft and all that. But this is this is a really unique You also listed Walt Brown's chronology. I guess part of it you were looking at, I guess on Amazon and stuff like that. But anyways, I think this is a really interesting topic and I think this will be, uh, this will be quite fascinating, and this will all be part of part of what you're going to present at Lancer.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean just the beginning of the LBJ stuff. I'm not talking about the.
Speaker 5: Whole war, right right, No, not the whole thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying you know part of it though, Yeah, okay, great, Hey, look I'm looking forward.
Speaker 1: To Oh it's gonna be great. People need to go.
Speaker 4: It's not just about you know, my presentation. You know a lot of people are going to be there. You're going to be there, Yeah, no, definitely. Look I think Doug Campbell's gonna be there. David Boyling's gonna be there. That was a guest you had on that's right.
Speaker 1: The other week. I think is B Pete coming?
Speaker 3: I don't know if B Pete's coming, He may not be able to make it this time.
Speaker 2: Larry will be there remotely, okay, you know, and there's gonna be lots of people that are that are present there. We're going to have that kid back again who was there. You know last year was the youngest person I ever saw presented at a conference, So he'll be back again. And also that kid Will o'hallerin that I had on the show, he's gonna go there too. He's like twenty something years old. I forget how old he is exactly, but you know he's going to be talking about medical evidence. So I mean this will be all over the place. Plus Bob Grodin a whole lot of stuff will be there live and in person in Dallas, Texas. Plus you know, we're gonna go probably to the Noel on exactly the date and all that with the moment of silence on the twenty second, you know what I mean, probably do that before we even get the conference underway on Friday. I'm hoping that we'll have a way to transport everybody over, you know, to the Knoll in that from the hotel. But either way, I'm sure we're going to congregate over there, and no, I'm looking forward to it for sure. It's been a weird week for me again, but believe me, I'm definitely looking forward to this, and I plan on having more people on to talk about stuff they're going to present. Yeah, David's great, and he was talking about I mean, I love going through the documents with him because those explanations are extremely important, you know what, learning about these different types of documentation, what they actually mean. You know, people look at documents and go, well, they don't know how to read them a lot of times, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I think that's going to be important.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be gonna be a lot of good stuff there, and plus Yeah, if you go, you get to hang out with me on the twenty seconds, so November twenty second. And if you go to Assassination Conference dot com and use the code Ocelli ten and get ten percent off of your tickets. Whether you decide to go virtually or you're going in person, you can get your tickets there and get ten percent off.
Speaker 5: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Anyways, Mike, I'm gonna let you go on this because we've been about an hour on it, and I gotta say, man, this is really fascinating because I am learning something new every time you dig into Vietnam by the way, uh and uh, really I learned new stuff in your book and I love learning from you. Of course, Mike is the author of the War State and Why the Vietnam War. Well, I'm looking forward to the next volume in that series, although I'm thinking that you might end up with a volume called Why the Kennedy Assassination eventually, you know, like why did this happen?
Speaker 3: How about the why?
Speaker 5: I think that's important too. But anyway, so all that having been said, guys, I'm gonna close this out.
Speaker 2: And are people still able to sign up for your newsletter if they go to Wall Street Window dot com.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just Typewallstreet Window dot com. They can sign out there.
Speaker 2: You go, If you go to Wall Street Window dot com, you can still sign up for Mike's newsletter. It might go down to once a week soon, and if it does, look it's still going to be packed with important information and all that, and it'll give Mike time to write, as he was talking about at the beginning of the show. So again I want to thank Mike Swanson for being with me and all of you for listening, because after all, I'm merely O'Kelly, and all of you are indeed the effect.
Speaker 5: Have a good night, and we'll see.
Speaker 3: You tomorrow night on the call in show.
Speaker 5: And I got a story to tell tomorrow night.
Speaker 1: You might.
Speaker 6: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state, before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and will show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, the Warstate dot com.
Speaker 3: In Denial Secret Wars with air strikes and Tanks by Larry Hancock.
Speaker 7: Secret wars became a staple of US covert operations and are still happening today. Larryhancock's book In Denial rips the cover off many of them.
Speaker 1: Using new files.
Speaker 7: It exposes things about the Bay of Pigs that no one has ever written about before. It shows why it really failed and why the United States did not learn from it. It also shows why other countries today are doing secret operations with more success. This is the book that puts what some want to deny into the light. In Denial secret wars with air strikes and tanks. Larryhancock.
Speaker 5: For more information, go to Larry hyphen Handcock dot com. Pick up your copy of In Denial and Amazon in digital or physical face.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, call it about the JAFA assassination.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, what do you want to know?
Speaker 3: Toddy Baker's wild claim?
Speaker 2: Oswalg girlfriends he knew Ruby and Barry hanswer weapons?
Speaker 5: Really, I imagine I could claim I have four wheels. It doesn't make me a wagon, but okay, Oswald, I'm.
Speaker 1: Building and trying to prevent the murder of John Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Come on now, has a real effort on the day of Hay assassination.
Speaker 8: Book into her claim.
Speaker 2: Go to Amazon dot com enter Judith Baker in her own words. You'll get the results for a digital copy of a book where Walt Brown utilizes her own words and the known evidence in the case to get at well a different perspective. Let's say you can get Judith Barry Baker in her own words from the author himself, signed if you request it by contacting doctor Brown at k I A S JFK at aol dot com.
Speaker 3: It's a fun book and it.
Speaker 2: Actually dissects the many, many fantastic claims. Judith Vary Baker, in her own words, thank you for all the great Do you like history?
Speaker 8: Real history that you were never taught in schools? Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia by author Mike Swanson, with new documentation never seen before that'll open your eyes to events that led up to this. Why the Vietnam War, Nuclear Bombs and Nation Building in Southeast Asia nineteen forty five through nineteen sixty one. Get your copy today at Amazon dot com. Why the Vietnam War by author Mike Swanson.
Speaker 2: This is James Corbyn at corner Report dot com, and you're listening to the O'Kelly Affected o'helly dot com.
Speaker 1: Yo yo.
Speaker 9: This Doug Campbell, host of the Dallas Action podcast presented by Wall Street Window, and you are listening to the O'Kelly effect revelation through conversation.
Speaker 1: The dot com radio network.
Speaker 2: If you've expressed my caller stools, there anyone else who happens to get on the air, O jelly dot com. You not necessarily repla viviews of Jelly dot com war and we are not responsible for any stupidity which you might ensue.
Speaker 8: Thank you Chili dot com.
Speaker 1: Nuclear holocaust.
Speaker 5: You know what uranium is right?
Speaker 10: Think called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of You know what uranium is right? Bad things things are done with uranium, including some bad things.
Speaker 3: Nuclear holocaust.
Speaker 5: You know what uranium is right? I have been grief, nuclear holocaust, nuclear holocaust.
Speaker 10: You know what uranium is right, think called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of you know what uranium is right? Bad things things are done with uranium, including some bad things Nuclear Holocaust, nuclear holoclear Holocaust, nuclear Holocaust, Nuclear Holocaust, nuclear holow, nuclear holocaust. You know what uranium is right, think called nuclear weapons and other things like lots of you know what urmium is right?
Speaker 5: Bad things things are done