Speaker 1: My next guest has I mean to say. He's a prolific author. He's written more than twenty books, including the bestseller The Results Equation From Dream to Done in five Simple Steps.
Speaker 2: He now travels the.
Speaker 1: World and spends his time trying to help other people live their very best lives. And if you're feeling a little stuck, you're definitely going to want to hear this interview with Kelln Fluekicker joining me now from beautiful Canada, our friends to the North.
Speaker 2: Hi, Kellen, Welcome to the show. Mandy.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me, appreciate being here with you today.
Speaker 1: So I want to start our conversation with a little about your backstory, because you weren't always the positive, upbeat guy trying to help other people lead.
Speaker 2: Their best lives. How did you get here?
Speaker 3: Well, I was a typical got to go pursue the corporate ladder, get all that stuff. I did that for decades, and the chief C suite stuff in the United States and in Canada and so forth. But behind the scenes, my life is a wreck. I was living in self sabotage, struggling with mental illness, depression, and ended up with addictions and failed relationships and a nightmare of a story of all kinds. And finally, in two thousand and seven, here I turned fifty two, I had a divine intervention that invited me to change direction. I radically stopped and turned in a new way and literally started life over again. And for the last eighteen years, I've become the person that does all the stuff you just described.
Speaker 1: That's a lot to pack into eighteen years, twenty books, right there, is pretty impressive. Let's talk about that divine intervention. Was that your near death experience?
Speaker 3: No, that happened eleven years later. The divine intervention could have been. It just wasn't life threatening, but it was like that. It was some an incredible out of body experience that made me take a new perspective on how I'd been living my life and invited me literally with the words, it is enough to change. And so I did, and without having any idea of how to do it or where to go or anything. And so I just kind of walked off in a new direction and a commitment that I'm going to a new way of life in a new place, and have not deviated in the last eighteen years.
Speaker 1: You know, doing this show for as long as I've had my own show for over twenty years now, and I've had the opportunity to talk to people, multiple people who have had a near death experience or an experience like yours where they call it a divine intervention. And I never get tired of hearing about the power of God to move us in the right direction if we just listen, right, I mean, isn't it We've got to listen, let's talk, if we could go ahead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's exactly right. They are invitations. They don't do the work. It didn't heal my mental illness, it didn't heal my addictions, but the invitation was so powerful that the answer was I'm going I don't know what I have to do, I don't know where I have to go, et cetera. And the near death experience was eighteen or eleven years later, in twenty eighteen, that happened. That was the excellent illness. I got a fatal illness and an infection and died in the ic. You and Ben had conversations with God, three of them, and those conversations affirmed powerfully what I'd been doing for the eleven years and made me even more ridiculously committed if that could have been possible.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about your strategies for helping people, because I love your concept that we have created a culture of mediocrity. And this is the conversation I have a sixteen year old daughter, and that I have a conversation with my daughter about trying to balance.
Speaker 2: The urge or the.
Speaker 1: Push for perfectionism with also not accepting mediocrity. Right, So tell me a little bit about that.
Speaker 3: About that, Well, mediocrity is the idea that, eh, that's as good as it gets, and it shows up in the form of I'm not good enough, I can't do this. There's people that have the breaks or better things than I do. And the truth is you, me, each of us, your daughter, my kids, they have the ability to create the life we want to have. We just have to adopt that viewpoint and then start taking incremental steps like there's no Harry Potter want. It doesn't just show up that way. It's and we literally, with our energy, with our effort and with our commitment, can build what we want. But we have to go do the building. And the addiction to mediocrity is giving up on that. We've been sort of socialized that everything needs to be solved in the length of a TV sitcom, and it doesn't happen that way. And when it doesn't, it's like, oh, it's too hard, it must not be the right thing. And the answer is, nobody falls up that mountain you got to climb.
Speaker 2: So how do we do that? How do you go from a dream to a goal? How do you do that?
Speaker 1: Do you do that?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: One of the things that I took out of all my years of executiveness and all that jazz is consultant and in different countries is the steps to success. I don't care what the goal is, they're the same. And there are five steps to success, and that's what I wrote about in the Results Equation, and the process is to just The five terms are understand the present, meaning understand where you are. The second term is me mental earthquake, because you've got to create power to create change. The third step and there's specifics in the book about how to do all those. The third step is to create the future, and that means create a compelling vision in your mind that's so powerful that it perpetually fires the drive to make it real. The fourth step is courageous planning, which is a very specific process about lining out the steps as best you know in between where you are right now and where you're trying to get, and then figuring out the right processes to do each one. And the last one is relentless execution, which is not about grinding. It's more about mindset and understanding failure or setbacks as simply data points instead of personal indictments, which when we interpret them that way, drives us toward that mediocrity. So those five steps in great detail in the book will let you accomplish any goal you want. Whether it's write in twenty books or I have ninety seven songs in commercial release, It doesn't matter. Whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: You can have.
Speaker 1: So, Kellen, what was your biggest takeaway from your conversation with God?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, to hang on one second, Sorry about that, Sorry about that, Kellen, what was your biggest takeaway personally from the conversations with God?
Speaker 2: What did you change in your own life?
Speaker 3: There were four things that came from that, and it you know, it's indescribable what that feels like and looks like. But the number one thing is each of us are intentionally, lovingly created divine beings, not maybe not sort of.
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: Number two is we have a mission and a purpose that we not only agreed to, but we were stoked about before we came. Number three, the gifts and talents that we need to do that and enjoy that were given to us. And number four, all the help we need is available from both sides of that door. And I call it a door because the conversation has literally took place at a doorway. And so those four things just keep me focus, fired up, and clear because I know those are true, like life and breath.
Speaker 1: Kellen, I'm gonna make sure Kellen Flukeger is my guest. You can find a link to his website to find out more about all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Kellen.
Speaker 1: Fascinating conversation. I really appreciate your time today.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me, and I've enjoyed meeting you all right.
Speaker 2: Thank you