Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M. Six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app. All right, so the White House finds itself for a second day in a row, trying to clarify the actions of Joe Biden. Of course, yesterday they had to clarify what he meant when he said that Trump supporters are garbage.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And today they're having to defend him biting the arms and legs of babies. They're eating the babies at the White House. And that's where we kick off Swamp Watch.
Speaker 3: Swamp is horrible.
Speaker 4: The government doesn't work.
Speaker 5: Come man, make it like a reality TV show. Bado always a pleasure to be anywhere from Washington, d C.
Speaker 4: Hey, Joe, a town all too clearly built on a swamp in so many.
Speaker 3: Ways, still a swamp.
Speaker 6: I have to watch.
Speaker 4: Markey said, drained the swamp.
Speaker 3: I said, oh, that's so hep you know.
Speaker 1: So it was a Halloween event and President Biden decided to touch his mouth to several babies at the event.
Speaker 4: Don't say it all.
Speaker 1: Photos from the event show Biden putting his mouth around the leg of a baby dressed as a chicken.
Speaker 5: That's funny.
Speaker 1: He also appeared to touch his mouth to the arm of a baby dressed in a ghost pattern outfit, and take the feet of two other babies in his mouth. I'm sorry, you've never eaten a ghost before. I've never eaten a baby. White House spokesperson Andrew Bates says that he was jokingly. It was a joking he done as a joke.
Speaker 5: He didn't actually mean to consume the flesh of a human.
Speaker 1: It is an odd thing to do several times to put your mouth on a strange babies.
Speaker 4: Have you once been presented with a baby.
Speaker 1: And fake bitten its leg or put its foot in your mouth?
Speaker 5: Not the foot, the foot, that's nasty. But I've bitten a good elbow arm. You've seen those things that they look like Little Michelin Tye.
Speaker 4: I have never bitten a baby.
Speaker 7: You have.
Speaker 3: It looks odd babies.
Speaker 1: Then, I've never seen an ugly baby.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry what I've never seen an ugly baby? Oh girl, I got pictures. I have had some ugly babies in my time. That's awful. Well, God doesn't make ugly babies. He only makes ugly people like you. This on the heels of Karine Jean Pierre trying to explain what President Biden meant when he said Trump supporters of garbage.
Speaker 8: Clarify he was not calling Trump supporters garbage, which is why he put out This.
Speaker 9: Is why he wanted to make sure that we put out.
Speaker 8: A statement that clarified what he meant and what he was trying to say.
Speaker 9: And so just want to make that very clear.
Speaker 5: For folks who are watching. We detailed for you earlier in the show about this garbage and costume that Donald Trump then wore yesterday at his rally in Wisconsin, which again I think was an absolute win for the Trump campaign for them to take advantage of this garbage comment and say fine, and we've already seen people lined up for his events today in Nevada and Arizona wearing those orange vests, dressed literally as garbage men, so that they can take advantage of this and try to spin this the best way for them. Now, while he was wearing his garbage men outfit last night in Wisconsin, he said something else that the Harris campaign is trying to capitalize on. Here's what he said, and my people.
Speaker 6: Told me about four weeks ago, I was saying, no, I want to protect the people. I want to protect the women of our country. I want to protect the women, Sir, please don't say that. Why they said, we think it's we think it's very inappropriate for you to say so.
Speaker 5: Why he's talking specifically about keeping criminal illeal aliens out of the United States.
Speaker 6: That's how he wants to I'm president, I want to protect the women of our country.
Speaker 3: The su.
Speaker 6: They said, Sir, I just think it's inappropriate for you to say, pay these guys a lot of money. Can you believe in? They said, Well, I'm going to do it whether the women like it or not.
Speaker 3: I'm going to protect.
Speaker 5: Them, whether the women like it or not. Now, according to the Harris campaign spokesperson Sara pinat Chatika, she said that Trump thinks he knows better than the women of America. Another spokesperson said that the comment was the defining line of the Trump campaign. Today. Kamala Harris took some questions before she made her way. I think she was in Wisconsin before she's making her way towards New Mexica, Sorry, Nevada and Arizona.
Speaker 8: It actually is very offensive to women in terms of not understanding their agency their authority and their ability to make decisions about their own lives, including their own bodies. And this is just the latest on a series of reveals by the former president of how he thinks about women and their agency.
Speaker 5: Trump has used this line before, this protector of women line before several weeks ago, and he said, as president, I have to be your protector. This was in September. I hope you don't make too much of it. I hope the fake news doesn't go, oh, he wants to be their protector. Well, I am as president. I have to be your protector. This is another one of those lines where and I think we've seen so many of them in this campaign. It's not going to ring. I don't think that changes minds of women, specifically who are already going to said they're going to vote for Trump, or if they're on the fence. I don't know if this is the thing that the Harris campaign hopes it is.
Speaker 4: It's so granular.
Speaker 1: Are at this point even if it changes the mind or gets a fraction of women to the ballot box, because they're so pissed off by it, it's worth something.
Speaker 5: They have already started some legal challenges to the voting laws that exist in a couple of different places. We've talked about Virginia. There's also in Pennsylvania some problems. And one of the issues that Trump has right now is he's using a ten thousand foot lens to look at some of the things that have shown up in Pennsylvania, claiming that their proof that there is widespread fraud, when in fact, in cases like this, it's proof that the system caught the problem and is fixing the problem before it gets to election day.
Speaker 1: Police are releasing new details about that suspect accused of setting off the incendiary devices at ballot boxes in Washington and Oregon. They say the suspect is between thirty and forty years old. Short or balding hair was seen pulling up to one of the ballot boxes in that volvo. They say he has a wealth of experience in metal fabrication and welding, and that it's very possible he will strike again at other drop box locations.
Speaker 5: Interesting they know exactly who this guy is.
Speaker 1: They all had the phrases the devices did free Gaza or free Palestine? North Korea test fired in ICBM for the first time in almost a year today demonstrating, they say, a potential advancement and its ability to launch long range nuclear attacks on the mainland US.
Speaker 4: It was meant to grab our attention.
Speaker 1: It hasn't because we're a bunch of adults dressed up for Halloween sharing a Dodger's victory, which they should have planned for. If North Korea did this tomorrow, maybe it would get a little bit more play.
Speaker 4: I don't see a lot of people talking about it.
Speaker 5: You think Kim Jong un was watching the World Series No watch proof?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 1: Kim Jong Un called it an appropriate military action to sh you know, North Korea's resolve to respond to its enemy's moves that have threatened the North safety.
Speaker 5: One of the things coming out of DC today involves New York's politicians. A House subcommittee has referred former Governor Andrew Cuomo to the Justice Department for potential prosecution. They say that he lied to Congress about COVID. He was accused of engaging in a conscious, calculated effort to avoid accountability for his handling of nursing homes where thousands of people died of cover. Remember, they were sending people to nursing homes out of the hospitals and then infecting everybody the most vulnerable. This came from the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic, and the referral to the DOJ centers on some closed door testimony that the former governor gave to the committee when he said that he had not reviewed a state Health Department report that deflected blame for the deaths of people in those New York sing homes in early twenty twenty. He's been one of those guys who caught a lot of flak for the way that that was handled in the state of New York.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear about a haunted road?
Speaker 5: Is there such a thing?
Speaker 1: Yes, there are several across this great country of America, like in Chicago Archer Avenue. Deep in the heart of Chicago lies an old road known as Archer Avenue that is said to haunt all of its visitors. Legend has it now. Many decades ago, a young woman named Mary was walking home from a school dance when she was tragically killed in a hit and run.
Speaker 4: Still don't know who did it.
Speaker 1: Mary's parents sadly buried their little girl in Resurrection Cemetery. Resurrection Cemetery I bet you can tell where this tale is going. Many years have passed, the crime remains unsolved. However, the tale still haunts residents because for decades.
Speaker 4: Story after story after story.
Speaker 1: Of drivers near the dance hall picking up a young hitchhiker donning a party dress.
Speaker 4: What She remains.
Speaker 1: Silent until she reaches the cemetery, at which she demands to be let out of the vehicle. She then vanishes into thin air. Would you pick up a little girl that was a hitchhiker in a prom dress?
Speaker 5: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: You'd probably pull over, call someone and wait till the police got there. You don't want to be in the car with a strange girl in a prom dress.
Speaker 5: Not fifty year old me, No, No, sixteen year old me maybe, but not fifteen year old me or fifty.
Speaker 9: Year old sorry?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: What age do you cut that off? Eighteen thirty eighteen? Good, good answer?
Speaker 5: On the birthday eighteen.
Speaker 4: I have more scary roads to tell you about.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know if I my heart can handle them.
Speaker 4: Listen to this one, okay.
Speaker 1: While riding through Highway sixty six bridge in Stevens Point, Wisconsin, drivers insist you can spot the bloody ghost of a bride killed on her way to her wedding. If you're having trouble finding her, just look in your rear view mirror at your back seat. There it is said you will find the bloody bride staring at you as you try to keep your eyes on the road. That didn't scare you, not as much as the first one. The girl in the car. Yeah, yeah, because of the legal implications. If somebody saw you with a strange girl.
Speaker 4: She's got to do is make one allegation and then I'm just upscrewed.
Speaker 1: Right, all right, tech Talk takes on a spooky feeling today.
Speaker 3: The machines are getting smarter.
Speaker 9: This is tech Talk, brought to you by Skynet.
Speaker 1: Mark Saltzman nailed his Halloween costume, addressing like, what was the name of the character Al Bundy to call him Ed Bundy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, isn't that a serial killer?
Speaker 4: That's Ted Bundy.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Buy you and your wife look incredible.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Yeah. So we chatted about this last Thursday.
Speaker 7: For you know, nothing screams technology then Halloween costumes.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 9: But I'm happy to uh to uh to go there.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so I just shared with your producers some photos from last Saturday night, we have an annual Halloween party at our place. So yeah, we were Peggy and al Bundy and then funny enough. Okay, it's a thirty year old TV show. What are the odds that the first couple that walked into our party were also Nikky and a Bundan? Yeah, like seriously, out of all the costumes out there. But yeah, we had some fun with it, and we had some really good ones. If you want to take a look over your listeners want to check it out. These are on Facebook. I didn't put these on X but it's Mark Saltzman m A R C s A L t Z M A N and you'll see. Yeah, my buddy who was Trump was great and you have the blood bloody.
Speaker 4: Here friends all nailed it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, right, we have fun. It's good time. And he says Halloween it was just for kids.
Speaker 5: Can I tell you I love that dramatic lighting too?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I think I did too. That's very relaxing.
Speaker 7: Well, thank you, thank you. Yeah, we had some lights and some a fog machine. I bought it off Amazon for like forty bucks. It was awesome and it has colored lights with it too, very cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my Amazon last night, as we were sitting down for the World series, my wife and I had a discussion about downloading the latest iOS eight. I mean, listen, we have some pretty hot discussions in our house.
Speaker 7: Operating system updates definitely is iOS steamy and I I'm religious about as soon as it tells me that there's a note, I'll even check when it doesn't tell me there's a notification to see if there are any updates in the general iOS for whatever phone I'm using, and I download them right away.
Speaker 3: Is that good?
Speaker 1: Bad?
Speaker 3: It's good, it's good.
Speaker 7: Most people have that little red one by their settings right which means they have not downloaded. The general rule of thumb is to set it to automatically update or remember to do it yourself. The only caveat is that if you have a phone that's a few years old, like.
Speaker 9: I'm going back, you know, four or.
Speaker 7: Five, six years old, it is possible that the operating system update can slow things down. But it's the lesser of two evils because when you do an iOS A update, it will squash bugs, including security vulnerabilities that they find. The engineers find them, and so it's better to be protected and have your device run out a little bit slower, but generally the rule of thumb is yes. And it's not just for your phone, but for your lap top. Anything that has an operating system, you should have it updated because they add new features, they fix problems, and in this case with Apple it's called iOS eighteen Dot one. It has all the new Apple Intelligence features or AI. You know, there's spin on AI instead of artificial intelligence. The company calls it Apple Intelligence. So I wrote a piece for Reader's Digest that was published yesterday on five reasons to upgrade, aside from the fact.
Speaker 9: That you should always.
Speaker 7: But if you've got iPhone fifteen or sixteen, you can take the iPhone fifteen pro, I should say, and pro max. Those are last year's more advanced models, or any of the newer iPhone sixteen models. Then you could take advantage of the new things like the hearing aid feature. If you have AirPods pro too, you can turn those into hearing aids of sorts like regular hearing aids. They can boost, of course, conversations and other sounds around you, and it.
Speaker 9: Works really well.
Speaker 7: It's for those who have mild to moderate moderate hearing loss, so not for someone that needs like you know, real dedicated hearing aids. But it's pretty cool recording phone calls. You actually don't need a new iPhone for this feature. Now, when you after you do the update, Gary and Shannon, when you're on a phone call that you want to save, maybe it's with a loved one, or if you're a journalist like me and it's great to record interviews, then you will see a record button now on the top left corner. During a call, it then gives it tells the person that you're chatting with that you're recording both visually and verbally. You're going to hear it, and then it'll be saved in your note section. If you have one of the newer iPhones with AI or Apple Intelligence that it'll also transcribe that phone call for you if you find that handy for work purposes.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, where was this twenty years ago when we were reporters out in the streets.
Speaker 7: I know, right, So yeah, it's a great update. Smarter SERI now, so even if you stumble, like if you say, hey, take me to one two three Smith Street, I mean Smith Avenue, it'll now know you meant Smith Avenue. Like it's getting more intelligent and more conversational. Another reason to update our writing tools. If you're writing messages in mail, messages, notes, pages, or any third party app like a social media post you're about to post, then when you're writing it, you tapped the little arrow on top of the keyboard and it'll suggest different ways to write what you're writing, and you can even select tone like friendly, professional, concise, and it'll write it for you using AI. And then finally, iPhone's a bit late to the game on this one because Android's had it for a bit, but it'll fix up your photos by removing unwanted objects. So you've got someone ruining your perfect shot on a beach with a sunset, and there's a guy with a speedo that shouldn't be wearing one behind you or your partner.
Speaker 9: You get, Well, it's always the people, you know, it's like a nude beat.
Speaker 7: It's like always the people you should not be on a nude beach or where you know, sorry I shouldn't go there, But it's always like the people that you really.
Speaker 9: Maybe want to be where, you know, all.
Speaker 3: Right, I've never been to a nude beach.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm just saying.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying that people who wear the revealing outfits are often maybe they shouldn't be, but so can Now it'll automatically remove those people behind you, or it'll at least highlight it and you can tap to remove it.
Speaker 9: It's up to you.
Speaker 7: So lots of great stuff in iOS eighteen dot one. And don't send me hate mail for suggesting that if you don't have an amazing body, that you should not wear a bathing suit.
Speaker 5: I wasn't going there, but you know, the advanced move would instead of just taking those people out of the picture, would just add a bathing suit to them.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that would be.
Speaker 7: That's really advanced AI for sure. One of these days AI.
Speaker 5: Is there a way for me if even if I did have the fifteen pro or Promax or one of these where it is getting Apple Intelligence, is there a way for me to generally just turn it all off so it doesn't I don't you know?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I like it's in the options.
Speaker 7: If you don't want, if you have no interest in AI at all, then you would just go into the options and uh not, Well, you actually have to apply or on a waiting list for the Apple Intelligence features, which I wrote in the article. But I feel to mention just now, so when you do the software update, you would go to the settings and then the area is called Apple Intelligence and Siri instead of just Serio, it's now called Apple Intelligence Series, and you would tap to say that you want to join the waitlist. If you are not interested in AI at all, then you do not need to join the weightlist.
Speaker 9: Just don't use it.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Mark, I'm watching this video of this Dodgers fan who is lighting a firework and blue his fingers off.
Speaker 9: Ew.
Speaker 4: I've watched it like three times over and over.
Speaker 5: They would never do that if the Blue Jays won, they would never do that.
Speaker 1: He's like bleeding out on the street with his fingers blown off.
Speaker 9: Oh that is not Are you watching this multiple so?
Speaker 5: He could still he can still catch that fly ball better than Aaron Judge?
Speaker 4: Oh damn too much? Did he cover first? Did this guy cover first?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, Mark, Thank you, Mark, thank you for the nude beach visual.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sorry for the visual there all right?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: Mark's article appears in Reader's Digest More these Must Try features on iOS eighteen point one.
Speaker 4: You have to see this video.
Speaker 5: Happy Halloween, Mark, We appreciate you, Thank you so much. Fun you eye Mark Saltzman there. Make sure you follow Mark on Twitter. M A r C h M r C underscore.
Speaker 1: Fingers are gone and there's just blood everywhere, and he's so in shock that he doesn't even realize that he's blown his fingers off.
Speaker 5: And the dripping of the blood all over his brain, dripping of the blood. That's a great story, though.
Speaker 4: Was it not?
Speaker 7: Is it?
Speaker 3: Is it really great?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: The Fournit or the forty nine ers. I'm trying to will it into existence.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers won the World Series, and I thought it would be cool to set off a firecracker and a blue a hand up.
Speaker 2: Well, hey, Gary John down in Orange County, the guy that was just on talking about how Shannon's instigating setting fires on buses stuff like that. If his voice was one octave lower, if that's the right way of saying it, I was expecting him to say, wait a minute, was she a great, big fat person from silence?
Speaker 3: Lamb oh wait a person?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's a good call.
Speaker 1: Fred Rogan has joined us, And Fred, you said it was going to be a gentleman's sweep and it almost was. And you were going to be no stradamis and I was going to listen to everything that you said from there on out.
Speaker 3: It was a gentleman's sweep. Yeah, so that was it.
Speaker 5: Somebody else said that that was the definition of the gentleman.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I had.
Speaker 1: No idea that that's what that meant. I thought you meant that it was this wee we were just going to be nice. Yeah, this is what happened. I don't know, this is what This is what happens when I only watched Opening Day and the playoffs, as I is solid the nuances of baseball terminology.
Speaker 3: No, I nailed it.
Speaker 4: You did nail it.
Speaker 3: I nailed it from the beginning. I am indeed. I thought, really when they beat the Padres eight won the World Series, Yeah, I thought the Padres were the second best team in baseball. The Dodgers had gone through enough adversity this year, which they have not in past years.
Speaker 4: Now, you got here in nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: One, eighty eighty, who's counting, Okay.
Speaker 1: But what a magical time for you to remember all of the nineteen eighty one glory.
Speaker 3: Well, the the eighties were the best sports decade probably in LA history, and I was really fortunate. It's funny, you know, Freddie Freeman. I was there Friday night when he hit the Grand Slam. I took my family and I was there. Kirk Gibson in eighty eight hit that ball to the right field pavillion.
Speaker 4: So did you, I mean chills, exponential chills.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just thought it was such a great series for the Dodgers. And Ned Coletti, the former GM who comes on our show all the time. You know, he talks about being on the big stage in front of the lights, and he said, you watch as games go on, and he said it all year long. The other team will start to make mistakes and the Dodgers will capitalize. He said, you just watch, because that's how the Dodgers are built. You make a mistake, they're going to take advantage of it. And last night in the fifth inning, the Yankees made three mistakes, three enormous mistakes, and when the Dodgers tied the game, then they in essence had won. You were just wondering when it was going to happen. So the Yankees certainly contributed to their own demise. But given what the Dodgers went through this year, they should have won it. They should have And what's so funny and I laugh about it on our show all the time. Going into the season, on paper, to most people in this country, major League Baseball went as scripted. The team with the highest payroll and the best players, and they went out and bought everybody won, and we hate you for that. Well, upon further evaluation, that script took me any plot turns and twists.
Speaker 4: Like the pitching alone, Well, they had no pitcher exactly.
Speaker 3: They ran out of pitching all their guys got.
Speaker 1: Last night, to my husband when they were down five to nothing, I'm like this, all this Cinderella talk about the bullpen and about how they're able to do it without you know.
Speaker 4: These ace pitchers. It's all great to talk about, but you need pitching. And then I ate my words.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute. You know, in the fifth inning last night, Dave Roberts, who has done a masterful job, everybody wanted him fired.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 3: Everybody wants him in the Hall of Fame, right right.
Speaker 4: It took it. It was a one to eighty.
Speaker 5: During that postgame celebration last night, John Smoltz said that Dave Roberts did a masterful job all through the playoffs in terms of his management of the team that is not the same. I mean for Dodgers fans. I think there was a lot of frustration in each of those series to think.
Speaker 4: What's he what is he doing?
Speaker 5: Why is he doing this again?
Speaker 3: Gary, It's so funny when we take calls, and during the playoffs we take calls at least once a show, so we'll take them today as well. And it doesn't matter. I don't care if they won twenty three to nothing the Dodgers. Two people are going to call up and say Hi, fire Dave Roberts. People just call up and go fire Dave Roberts. If you look at what he did this year, it was magnificent. And you have to understand from when he started to where he is now, he has grown and he has learned. And last night in the postgame when he's talking on stage, and I was actually listening on the app driving in from the desert, so I listened on the APP last night, so I couldn't see him. To me, he sounded a lot like Lasorda with that enthusiasm and you know, you want to parade and this is for all of us. And I thought he has grown into a pretty damn good manager. He really has, and I know people get frustrated with him. He's done a very very good job.
Speaker 4: What a gem we serious.
Speaker 5: I imagine that the conversation that he had with the team, by the way, before Game five was you can never count out a team, even when they're down three to zh. You know, he's talking to the Dodgers to say, we're up three to zero. We gave up that game of the game four and eleven to four loss. Okay, that's fine, but we cannot let up. We can't think of it in terms of we have three more games to win one.
Speaker 3: You have got to do it right away.
Speaker 5: Because his team, back when the Red Sox and the Yankees were playing in the ALCS, his team was that team that came back from down.
Speaker 4: That's a great point, an excellent point.
Speaker 1: I I when I saw Vassay's interview with Max Munsey after the was it the Mets series? I thought, Padres, I thought to myself, this is a team that's going to go the distance because of what he said about how the team came together.
Speaker 4: And I mean, that's the X factor really with this.
Speaker 3: And also when you saw that, you knew that Max had to go get his mouth washed out with soap from his mom and dad. Give him what he said live it was, you know a little off color.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean they just don't give an f.
Speaker 3: I've heard that. Yeah, yeah, I've heard that. I've heard that. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Nobody wants to talk about the Yankees today, but I want to ask about Aaron Boone was in tears last night. Wasn't kind of right, wasn't in describing what was going on because he felt bad that these guys. I mean, this, this season that the Yankees taught them how to play defense was ruined by that fifth inning that was. I mean, had they lost the game, Let's say even they win that game last night and then win, say for you know, lose tomorrow night and the Dodgers take the series. That losing that game that way.
Speaker 4: How does Garrett Cale live with himself?
Speaker 5: Well, how does Aaron judge? How does Anthony Volpia? I mean, all these guys had these things that I mean, Glaver Torre is in a base running mind fart where he almost wiped that run off the board by going into second on that fly ball.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, how about the pitcher They got a bark called on him.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, the disengagement.
Speaker 3: Yeah, saw it twice. You can't do it again, balk Right, it's a guy in score positions.
Speaker 5: He could do it the third time. He's just got to guarantee that he gets the guy out.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well that didn't work. And then there was Catcher's interference. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So we've got the parade tomorrow.
Speaker 1: It was very weird. Tomorrow, Praye tomorrow. Fernando's birthday yep. On Saturday, yep, and Friday it is tomorrow. It's it's the first. Oh, I'm sorry, I have my days wrong. So it's Fernando's birthday on the parade.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: And if they had a Game six, it would have been his birthday on that game.
Speaker 1: Fred, you're will be speaking at the parade from the buses, right.
Speaker 3: Uh me? Yeah no, But I do have to tell you years ago they instituted a rule because of me in this city.
Speaker 5: Tell me it's okay, Fred Rogan.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it started when the Lakers won the championship and.
Speaker 4: Uh, burn a bus?
Speaker 3: Did your friend and burn a bus or blow your fingers off? Champ not didn't do that either. Channel nine was the rights holder, So you know, if you're the rights holder, you supply a feed to the other stations. But as the rights holder, you have microphones and cameras on top of the bus, and you can have people on the bus talking to the players, I mean, and that's what you get because you're paying a right speed. So Channel four we weren't the rights holder, and here come the buses, and I, in my youth, would run alongside the bus while anchoring the coverage. I would just run so that I thought to myself, well, helen running alongside the bus, I'll just jump on the bus. So now I'm on the bus. Yeah, but I'm not supposed to be on the bus. So you see me standing at the top of the bus and I'm talking to people, and it's on Channel four.
Speaker 1: You're not supposed to be there because of Channel nine's rights, that's right.
Speaker 3: And everybody got really mad at me. So they instituted this rule, and if you asked Michael roth down at Crypto dot com Arena from AEG, it's called the Rogan rule. And every time they have a parade they institute the Rogan rule, which is no one is allowed to jump on the bus. So I will not be addressing anybody from the bus because I'm not allowed to jump on because I did it in the past.
Speaker 5: Well, in our opinion, you should have your own bus.
Speaker 3: You damn right.
Speaker 1: You did what every good, great news reporter should do, right, jump on the bus.
Speaker 3: I didn't I know there were any rules there weren't.
Speaker 1: I make my own because you're Fred f and Rogan, damn right, and you don't give an f.
Speaker 3: I don't. I have to go do my show now, all right?
Speaker 5: Hellong, thank you. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show. You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.