Speaker 1: You are listening to Video Games to the Max. Hello, and welcome to another edition of Video Games to the Max. I am your host, John Garmer here with me as usual, mister Mark Morrison. Howdy and well today this is it people the week with the switch to releases Thursday, June fifth. I know people are already waiting there for that midnight release. At many at Best Buyer Game Stop, people are sitting there. I'm one of them sitting there, going is somebody, I hope to God keep getting good news about the order of shipping or going to be shipped or whatnot. So I know there's some unfortunate people that have had their orders canceled, whether it's a glitch or I've even heard a parent Like with Walmart, they've like triple charge people and that led to the cancelation because most people don't have like fifteen hundred dollars just sitting in their account to you know, wait to get charged. I know I wouldn't, so just to be honest about that, So you know, hopefully anybody that that wants to switch to can get it, whether it's after release. GameStop already said they're gonna have a lot and I've seen some stories already said that they have like fifty just there that aren't even for pre order, So hopefully anybody that wants to get a switch To will be able to get one pretty quickly after launch or not. But we'll talk about our predictions for switch To at the end of the episode. We don't have a lot, we don't have anything really to talk about with games because they have both have been playing anything like relatively new. So we're getting into news talking about our switch To predictions and you know, anything we're looking forward to with Summer Game Fest also coming up here on Friday as well, So just let me go ahead and hit the start and I'll get into what we're gonna be doing as far as Summer Game Fest and all that. All right, so really quick here, just to get the housekeeping out of the way. This is Summer Game Fest time. You know, obviously showcases galore on Friday, Saturday, Sunday's the Xbox One, and even Monday there's a few as well. So the plan so that we don't just do everything in one show, which would be ridiculous, We're going to divvy it up. Saturday, We're gonna cover Summer Game Fest and then kind of like you know, Day of the Devs or any of the bigger ones, maybe that that happened in that time. There's a lot of indie ones that are on Saturday, for sure, and then on Monday, we'll do the Xbox One and then I guess whatever other ones may be happening on Sunday or Monday. There's a whole schedule out there that you can go check out, and I'm sure there will be other stuff perhaps during the week that you know, there's rumors going around that Sony's gonna have one at some point Nintendo, who usually has one at the end of the months that they avoid Summer Game Fest altogether. This is the first year that they're actually part of Summer game fests officially, so maybe the rumors of their actually being a direct that is part of Summer game Fests are true the summer round, so we'll see. It seems kind of like if you're gonna make the switch come out the day before Summer Game Fests, there's something going on there, like you're connected to it in some way, like they could have picked any other day in June, right right, But anyway, as far as the housekeeping goes. Aside from that, that's what our plan is for this week. We're gonna have two shows, so there's not so much to discuss in one go. Hopefully you can watch live on Mondays. We used to come at you around nine o'clock Eastern time on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook two network. You can find us there or you can go subscribe to the YouTube channel and you can watch us on the man whenever you like. Anytime there's an episode, you'll get a notification, you know, ring that bell and all that, and you'll know when we do an episode, which is almost usually on Mondays pretty much, unless something like this where we have to do something on Saturday as well. Also, if you subscribe to the channel, you get our other shows that are part of the network as well. So if you like anything that has to do with like entertainment TV, movies, especially movies rather you're broadcasting, folks got you covered on that. They're doing the Lilo and Stitch review. They've done the Mission Impossible, you know part whatever that is seven review. You know, all the movies that have come out like in this summer blockbuster season so far, they've reviewed those. So if you are big into that, you can go check that out. They keep up with with TV shows pretty well as well, so you know you can go check out if your favorite show was reviewed by them or not. And also anime all we got a great anime show a Taco Cafe that they cover pretty much all the seasonal anime that comes out five season, so they do a great job there, so you can go check us out all on podcasts as well, So search the three shows rather than broadcasting us video against the Maxwell Taco Cafe and find us, you know, follow and subscribe on the favorite podcasting app of your choice there and you know, give us a review if you'd like. That helps out as well. So, like I said, Mark beat Clair Obscure last week, I don't you said you picked up a game right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's picking and one and two collection finally.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, So what you're gonna start?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I got to piss vibrations that sooner or later.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Still I have not played much. I only played the Switch version for like, you know, a few hours, so still have to get.
Speaker 2: Back to that.
Speaker 1: Maybe in the the the not having that many games out for Switch one or I mean Switch to, maybe I'll get back to some of those in the meantime. For Yeah, I did review and not stay proficshing, so it's up there on the Outer Haven side. I'll have a link in the description if y'all want to check out that. Obviously, I talked about it last week, kind of gave my little mini review on the episode, but I haven't really gotten to playing anything yet. I'm probably gonna get back into Clear Obscure before we get to Thursday and Friday when I'm waiting for so yeah, I'll definitely maybe have some final thoughts to go on that next week, but we'll see lots to get into between now and Saturday and Monday. But I guess we'll just go ahead and go straight into the news. So we don't really have much as far as games to talk about, right Yeah, anything that kind of has to do with switch To, we'll talk about that altogether at the end. But did want to give a shout out to claireup Scares position thirty three because thirty three days after release, they've sold three point three million copies, and again that's with the game being out on game Pass, so definitely it has It's been a a something that's hit the site, guys, and people are buying it and that's great and experiencing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Yen's beat it, I think like last week, and he he liked it, but he didn't really like fall in love with it or even like the turn based combat much. Only spent like thirty hours playing it. I think you kind of mainline the quest or mainline.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it seems like if you spent that much, you pretty much didn't do any side quists.
Speaker 2: It feels like, ah, and yeah, like you had the same uh problem, well not as bad, but the same complaint as your friend Crafty did. Like kind of why I did is be turn based And I'm like that, no, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yeah, that would kind of make it. I brought that up too, that there was a lot of people that said if there was if a turn based mode, they would have enjoyed it or played more of it. And I kind of get his point, But then it's like, that's that takes out like half the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it makes it like just another standard game, you know.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean that's what makes it special is that you have to be active while you play it in you get to enjoy all the other great stuff about it. So, did he have a problem with it not having a math as well.
Speaker 2: No, heck, you didn't mention that much. I should ask them because intertthing you and I don't like.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's my biggest and I hope at some point, whether it's with DLC or something or a PATS that they can put that in.
Speaker 2: At some point they'll charge you for it.
Speaker 1: That would be interesting to be like, well, you know, we only charge fifty bucks for the game, so right, you know, we got to get our get some money back somehow for you getting this feature that you've wanted.
Speaker 2: And it's funny. So the guy, one of the guys who made the game say like, oh, if you guys knew the budget, you know it's extremely low. And I can kind of see part of that, but also like, yeah, you have a good art style and you make it an economical game or make it bigger than it actually is, then that helps. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean they are small, like the internal team is small, but obviously they had a lot of contractors and things like that that worked on it. So it's not like the entire game was made only by thirty people, right, But yeah, definitely they kept the costlo that's why they could charge they didn't have to charge sixty or seventy dollars because they didn't have to make that much money back, which is something for the gaming industry as a whole to look towards and say, Okay, we keep ballooning the budgets, we keep having to do layoffs, so we're going to talk about, you know, some major layoffs here from another you know, big publisher pretty soon. And it's like, one of the reasons is because you keep spending money on things and then not being able to recoup that money, or you're spending so much time having that team get spun up and making the game that so many years go by and nothing happens, and you're kind of like, well, we got to cut our losses now, and it's like it it sucks. Yeah, and Triple A dev need to figure this out sooner, arriving later hopefully. But it's it's good that especially thirty three keeps rolling along and doing well. Another game that, even though it's probably not unexpected for anybody. Elder Ring night Rain. They didn't officially say it's sold. They just said it has two million nightfares, which I imagine means they have two millions sold, right, I don't know why they couldn't just said sold too many copies whatever, But you know, it does have mixed reviews and they are having to patch it because apparently they didn't really modify the if you want to play solo kind of made it all feel like it's the same whether you play solo or you play with the trio, which I also wonder, like why couldn't you have two people? Like why is it just it has to be three or you could play if you can play by yourself, why is it so bad if you play with two people?
Speaker 2: You know, like they're always weird and precious about their online systems as opposed to actually just making sense.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I mean, does that make you any more interested that they might be lowering the the entry level for solo players?
Speaker 2: So like if you know, because I still I just want to play at the end and that's only two people. So and he doesn't really want to play it because it's like Rogue Lake nature of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think of ure? Are you surprised by the review scores for this? Like I figured they'd still somewhere be in the like the high eighties or something.
Speaker 2: Being no kid, it took an offshoot of an offshoot, and if you know, if you have a bad experience of playing with multiple online people and you basically can't play solo unless you're like God to Earth, then yeah, like i'd expect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I do think it might. The scores may get better now that you have a lot of reviewers that perhaps weren't able to play in the review period but are playing after the fact and they can go and play solo. It might improve some of the scores some for the people that haven't like scored it yet or doing a review in progress, right whatnot? But yeah, I wonder. I mean, obviously for ben on inco wud they care as those sales at the end of the day. Obviously the critics scores and all that help. But you know, if you're getting the sales despite that, which this being a big franchise, you do have people that like to play it with friends, and you can find enough friends to play it with, you know, the three friends, and I guess it'll be fun for you to experience that. Yeah, Like, I don't you think this will win any awards or be up there for that, No at all. Yeah, I'd be very shocked. I'm sure some people will find a way to shoe pointed in there.
Speaker 2: I mean I might. I'm sure, maybe like best art Style and might get like a nomination or maybe like best Ongoing Game or something stupid like that, but not Game of the Year or not, you know, any any of the big stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there are stop in those games. Is always really cool, regardless of whether it's like your bag or not. But I know crathys him playing it. I'll be interested. I'll have to talk to him and see what what he thinks. I know he has definitely helps him more because he has a crew to play it with and all that, which, so you know, that's uh plus for them. But yeah, I mean, look, I'm sure Ben Andamco and and from Soft probably wish that everything was a lot nicer higher all that stuff, But at the end of the day, they make the money. That's what matters, and it can keep fun the the dust floods thing, which that's gonna be interesting how that gets perceived when that hits us switch to right, sure, you know, and how how much different is that as a multiplayer experience compared to you know whatever, you know what Night Rain is so we'll see. I guess is that rolls along there. You know. Aside from that, we've had a few things on the PlayStations. When it comes to h they announced the PS plus games for this month, and also like they did the Days of Play, they're doing the days of Play thing right now, so you can get like a PSI Pro for fifty bucks off. If I don't think anybody thought it was gonna go on a sale that quick, and it's you know, it's out there. You can definitely go and get it if you want. They did announce that it's interesting that both the Destiny Final Shape DLC expansion and then also like the rest of Destiny's expansions, they're all coming between PS plus Extra and then the like Essentrals thing, and then also NBA two K twenty five, which makes sense because you know, seasons basically about the end. They're entering the NBA Finals right now. Ohen Bones Ubisausa is just dying to get anybody to keep it.
Speaker 2: Man, it's a quadruple A game. It's the first one ever right.
Speaker 1: That's coming to PSLOS extra grant that thought a three definitive edition and another Crafts Treasure which that's been on game Pass. That's a great U Dark Soul's like as well. And then also was it the jet Set Radio E Spiritual successor game Bomb? Yeah Bomb ros cyber Funk is also part of the Essentials thing as well, So yeah, definitely go check that out if it's your bag. And also if you like Missed and I've always wanted to play Mister Ribbon, you can do that at the if you had the Premium tier.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there you go.
Speaker 1: I know this is not like your favorite game or anything. Uh, we don't have Randy on here to talk about it, but I know he is. He is super excited about de Stranding and des Stranding two. Sorry, and that is getting not only an anime, not only a movie now it's getting a whole live world tour where Kajima's going and doing basically in a like death Stranding two presents every time that they do a show. Hey, Henry, and yes we'll be talking about switch to later. I'm not doing the midnight launch, but I'm hoping that the delivery will get there on June fifth for me, so I'm not waiting around. You know, thankfully live in a gated community, so I don't have to worry about it like necessarily somebody stealing it. But still it's just that nervousness of like I don't want it sitting out there either, even though I imagine Walmart will still put it in some kind of Walmart box and everyone'll just say switch to on it, please come get me. But yeah, going back to this for a second, they are going to have like the the first one that's gonna be shown during Summer Game Fest is gonna have Jeff Keey hosting at the orpheum Uh. It's gonna be shown on the official PlayStation YouTube channel as well at ten pm Eastern pretty late obviously being Pacific, they're gonna it's gonna be late for us on the Eastern side. But I mean he's gonna be going to South Korea, London, Hong Kong, uh, Sydney, Australia, Japan, all that you think this is gonna this is gonna help really now, you know, push that game at all.
Speaker 2: Or not in the latest I mean no, I really don't get to like this whole world worldwide tour stuff for most stuff in the first place. But it's like eight cities or maybe nine, so who cares.
Speaker 1: I mean the switch to I kind of get it right because you know, you get people that didn't get to pre order.
Speaker 2: They switch to different because every Walmart and Gings Cup and Land will have switched two ki asks in a week.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, well not necessarily. I think like Best Buys on the Best Buys only one really, and I think Navy game stuff that I've seen does that like it too? Okay, Walmart's doing it all right. I mean I obviously I haven't been inside of an actual.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, speaking of that, I did hit up at Target last week and it was the first time I've ever been to They didn't have video games.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a lot of them that are starting to like lessen the amount, right. It's like, I mean, I know that there's been a lot of talk about their going to there's a lot of places that are going to lessen the amount of Xbox stock that they have to put more switch stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, I mean, I don't I can see the you know, yeah, it's just switch toes coming out. They'll have a much bigger and had a bigger presence for a while, but like this Target didn't have anything, and I was like looking around on what happened?
Speaker 1: Well, like literally nothing at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I figured it would have been either near TVs. It it always kind of is or uh like near toys or like near the geek isle kind of yeah, and nothing like not even like one aisle. I was like, wow, I was like, is this a kmart? What happened?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It actually just kind of feel like a kmart, Like it seemed like a retrofitted kmart or you know, it's a very small target. So that might have been why.
Speaker 1: You didn't ask anyone if if they know it was.
Speaker 2: It was in Ohio, so who knows what those people are up to? Yeah, yeah, but like you know, why not just say fuck it? Make like a food line and it's like going to McDonald's and you order the desk training hamburger and it's like eight months old, but here you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, I think you know, Kohima was actually doing stuff in grand style, So it doesn't really surprise me per say.
Speaker 2: That he's yeah, it's like sitting up like big big cities. It's not like he's going like Omaha, Nebraska, Yeah, New York City and you know Rome and like that. Yeah, no ship well and.
Speaker 1: I mean he's obviously he's uh, you know, one of the greatest game makers of all time. People you know know him just as koch Eva. They're gonna come out and see him.
Speaker 2: So him and Randy Pichford.
Speaker 1: Oh god, it's not a comparency there. But all right, I mean, look, most of this is we're gonna get into the conversation here is really based around well we.
Speaker 2: Got now that's like a few other things that Black Panther game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I was gonna get into. Most of this is based around EA and their decision here too, just after four years of development that they supposedly, according to reports, the game just never got out of pre production for whatever reason. Also, I imagine that kind of seeing some of the other what's happened with you know, Star Wars Outlaws, No, they're doing well, Marvel Rivals is starting to kind of lose players. We're starting to see like licensed games are kind of like outside of their own what we talked about last week with Star Wars Battlefront two that that's kind of gotten a resurgence. A lot of the licensed games are kind of starting to like peter out or it's becoming a bigger cost cost issue for these companies. And EA is already in deep with Star Wars and uh, you know they they also have the iron Man game with motive still going on, which she has to wonder does that affect that game at all?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's sick to the chopping block, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, but like I think also it's just iron Man is an easier self for people, right, Like, you know what iron Man is, I mean black you know.
Speaker 2: No, Black Panther is huge.
Speaker 1: He is, but he's not still not a huge desiron Man. And I think the fact that you can there's a lot of ways you can go with Black Panther. What if somebody doesn't like the story and it gets the bad negative vibes and then.
Speaker 2: No, you know what you do with Black Panther is you look at that Arkham Asylum game or a Batman game, go hey, can you replace the model with Black Panther? And there you go, like, yeah.
Speaker 1: Definitely the combat could be modeled after.
Speaker 2: That and everything, like even the whole stealth system or you know, like screw it. Why not. The problem, the inherent problem with an iron Man game really is it's gonna have to be open world. It's almost the same problem with Superman if you don't have this stupid like vulnerability problem. But it has to be open a world, and it has to kind of be like fast because he you know, flies around quickly and that costs a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so just to be uh, just to go through this a little bit red Valentine and ign this is the one that kind of wrote the support. She mentions that you know, this is part of I mean, he has already been laying off people at other studios, so this is not just Cliffhanger Games, but they're going to be laying off other people at their mobile studios and central teams. Along with the closure of Cliffhanger Games. They've already laid off one hundred people at the Apex at Apex Legends, which is ironic because they mentioned that they now have four pillars that they're focusing on as far as franchises out side of the EA Sports. So the SIMS, Skate, Apex Legends, and you know between uh, I guess Star Wars with the strategy game and the Jedi game that's going on and whatever ends up happening with Ironman, and I mean also, like, do you all really think Skate's gonna do amazing, Like.
Speaker 2: It's a free to play game that is untested. I mean, people have wanted a skate game, but I think like their whole social aspect of it is incredibly ill conceived, like most of what they've tried to do with Neat for speed Ah. And you know we talked about the SIMS. They're not making a SIMS five. You know they're going to coast on that.
Speaker 1: Right, same thing They're going to keep coasting, yeah on that.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm not saying I'm not going like they need to make the SIMS be like mad and like there doesn't need to be a new SIMS game every year. That'd be crazy. But we know after I would say a decade or fifteen years, you know it's time to it's time to make another one, or it's trying to make a new platform or you know, a new base for this crab.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just wonder also, like what it says, like how much did it have to do with Does Eddy this have to do with Disney at all? You know, because they're paying a licensing fee for that, and maybe they don't see this panning out by the time the Black Panther game comes out. Maybe there's even a worse space for this kind of game.
Speaker 2: I mean, which yeah, I could. I can see it because a lot of their lot at Disney's or Marvel's rolls of the Dice haven't hit correctly. Look at you know, Guardians or Avengers. But I think like if they didn't maybe dedicated like a single player, actual good Black Panther game, that's kind of if it's time of Liken the mold of.
Speaker 1: That's what this was supposed to be, because this was a lot of the Monolith team that had come over. And that's what's kind of sad about this is really is like they were trying to do their own version of U the Nemesis system, and it would have been cool to see somebody else try to do this, aside from you know, Monolith themselves with that winder Woman game that also got canceled, and then you know, Suicide Squad was terrible and all that stuff. So it's it's just kind of sucks to see that it didn't come out. It was supposed to be based off of you know, the player would have been to Shalla's son because to Shaa gets kidnapped and you know what happens with that by by the scrolls, so like there was an interesting story there, there was an interesting gameplay system that seemed to be there. But perhaps it's like one of those where eas like looking at the finances, looking at where they can cut costs, and they go, man, we can't wait another four years for this going.
Speaker 2: That's the thing is I don't. It didn't seem like the project itself had like a good lead, yeah, or a good herald like if you're not in four years in your song pre production, right, it's like is that games gonna come for the PS six or you know, like that's a that's a ways off it to begin with. But sure.
Speaker 1: It sucks for these people that are losing their jobs that don't get to be put into other parts of the a right, you know, I hate to see that it's a thing within the industry keeps happening.
Speaker 2: I really think, like more than I mean, it's on par of Activision. Say we will about Ubisoft, but at least say they occasionally make like weird shit, not always successful, in fact, very little of it is. But EA and Activision are like so lock into just like their one or two core franchises say they can't see like the forest through the trees, like they need to diversify, not just put all their eggs in one or two baskets and hope for they're mask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, but the thing is like they're they're kind of they're trying to get away from the licensing stuff, right, that's part of this, right, I mean, they they kind of had to make another Jedi, and they were already whirl into development on that you know, strategy game that they announced recently, so with from Respond, and they're they're really counting on Respond here. That's almost all of that is one studio, right, a lot of it is on them. And then there's rumors already that Code Masters is basically next on the chopping block, which is absolutely so sad that they tried so hard to beat Take two to outbidding them by like five hundred million dollars, right, and then what are they gonna have left f one because everything else they've absolutely taken down from what Code Masters used to make. You know, Nacon just took over the WRC rights again because they let go of those, even though I mean, look they're not huge or whatever, but it's like all the other games I think we talked about this a couple of weeks ago. It's like they're just not being made by them, and it's like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, why why bother buy why bother buying Code Masters? If A're gonna let them do what they what they're good at, or you know, right, like I'm you know, Dirt five wasn't great, or like I think the last Dirt game wasn't Their last few have not been like stellar, but like it's still a pretty venerable franchise and it offers no one else does. And it's not the biggest success, but they sell. They sell when enough money's put behind it.
Speaker 1: So I think it's just EA can't deal with having modest success outside of their something that comes out on their indie lie like it has to be. And even then, I mean the the Joseph Fair stuff is on it, it's on it's own island because the other things that come out of that any label do not do anything compared to what you know, Split Fiction or it Takes two have done. So I mean Lost and Random came out. I think no one really talked about it. I mean, I forgot what the what's that that Monster Hunter like game that came out and it's just like absolutely, uh gone, never heard of it again.
Speaker 2: Three weeks until yeah.
Speaker 1: Till something else came out that people just absolutely gravitated to. That wasn't that? And they had one last year that I can't remember what the name is right now, but I meant, well, that's that spaces is Motive, you know.
Speaker 2: So it's like.
Speaker 1: It's just all of it is just like it's e A doing a lot of what activisties. At least EA has other games unlike Activision where it's like all call of Duty, right, and they had the Tails of Zarazoo, which did.
Speaker 2: You know Now they got Tony hark Tree for coming out like a few months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, okay, Tony Hawk and then Call of Duty and then what else are they doing?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: You got what Blizard's doing over there, and.
Speaker 2: They're going to bring that back, you know. Uh.
Speaker 1: Even though towards Sir Bob is rumored to be working on a spiral for right, they're not technically part of Activision anymore. So, Yeah, and there's always the rumor of they're supposedly working on a guitar hero somewhere, but no, it's like, you know, it kind of sucks because it's like everybody has to do known franchises unfortunately, and it's like if those don't hit, then you got a problem. And EA is just one that just that's what they stick to even more so now they're just gonna close shop and that's what we're doing. And and it kind of sucks to see for for these games that could have.
Speaker 2: Been something, right.
Speaker 1: Uh, speaking of layoffs, more layoffs this time on an indie capacity is Playtonic, the people that make you know, ukulele you can replay, they had to let go of staff as well. Uh sadly, I mean they're they're right now making that that remaster is about to come out not too long for now. Uh. And then they have that indie label that they've actually released like Little Gator Game on and Demon Turf, So uh sucks to see that as well for them, Like you know, I hope things hopeful. People can find a job quickly and get on their feet, you know. But aside from layoffs here, let's uh, the other part of what's happening this week is Summer Game Fest, right, so here comes some reveals and things that maybe you're gonna happen. One that I know you're maybe excited about PERSONA four remake.
Speaker 2: I would be, except like jedising all the whole the original cast.
Speaker 1: Do you think that that's them like just kind of trying to throw people off the scent and they are actually going to be voice acting, and it'sist them trying to be like, oh, there's no game going on here they as well, yeah, fair enough.
Speaker 2: But I think it's I think it's twofold. I think that sag asters strike is still an effect for vide game ship, like, yeah, you can get like or you know, dispensation if you'll follow the rules. But I could see Alice not caring about that crap.
Speaker 1: I mean, I could also see Alice trying to save some money because I imagine that paying.
Speaker 2: Well, that's their thing. It's like, I mean some of those people that they're uh profile have grown, you know, like you're a Lolentthal for example, Like, but I don't think he'd be asking like an outrageous amount and he's a good actor and I think like him, And I think Aaron Fitzgerald is the other the girl voicing Ga, like they make those characters memorable. Yeah, and them hiring you know, Joe Schmoe off the streets kind of what they did with like you know, Persona three, which, hey, like the remake cast wasn't terrible. I'm not going to like attack them, but like that wasn't quite what you know from Persona three, So you.
Speaker 1: Know, yeah, it's just interesting that like they just flat out or like, oh they didn't want me back. They told me they didn't, and it's like, it's.
Speaker 2: Not it's like, oh, they offered us too low money or yeah, I mean if they if you're a loan though, it's been like, oh, they only ask me fifty bucks for this role again, and I said, fuck you, like that'd been different, But yeah, I came going, I didn't want me back, So we're going to hire in some like high school you know, drama student to voice this character instead or something.
Speaker 1: But it's it just makes too much sense if you're gonna go. And I understand that three had the issue of like it's not you don't have the best version or whatever, it's do you have a lot of things locked up around other, you know, between like three different games. And obviously there's still the the fems, the female protagonist that was never put in there and all that stuff. But right, it kind of just makes my sense, like if you're why not just go with the other modern Persona and remaster it too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 1: You think that gets announced the summer game post?
Speaker 2: Do you think that's a Yeah, probably, I mean probably the animated movie or they'll show some quick trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I just think that. You know, look, there's a lot of love on people that love Persona three. It was the first Persona and all that stuff, but so many people got into it four, and like you're gonna go and remake three and then you're not going to remake four? Just feels like that's like a no brainer, you know.
Speaker 2: So, I mean I'm annoyed by the Forrest casting, like they have the cast for in the past, because I think Troy Baker used to be a part of it.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, Troy Baker, everybody's bena waiting to see if he would make a comment about it too.
Speaker 2: Well, he rapt like pretty early on. I think he only did like the PST game and he kind of split after that. But like he's a dude very much in demand, like I could see him. And also he's not like super attached to characters. It seems like, you know, for him, it does seem more like mercenary mercenary or you know, you just show up and do the job and that's about it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I like that high profile like him of course.
Speaker 2: But like you'ing loan Thalt like he, I I get the I mean he does a lot of a lot of like work like that as well. Don't get me wrong, but he seems more attached like his bigger characters, which he should be like they you know, if they recast Spider Man, that would be weird.
Speaker 1: I think there's be a lot of complaining if you recast. They already had enough with him getting re made visually, so I imagine if they changed the voice.
Speaker 2: Honestly though, what they should be doing, Uh, I think they should remake like Persona one and two. I mean if yeah, if they rem make four, I would remaking four as fine if they kept the original actors as much as they can, or they just too like a quick update. But like one and two are some pretty different games. Uh. There's been that.
Speaker 1: Rumor for a long time, right, Uh, you know that they they were doing a remaster of one and two. It's just like a matter of them like finding the right time to announce it. Obviously we don't know who what team's working on it or whatever, but it's like, yeah, man, some people complain about that being the loss Persona games that nobody gives.
Speaker 2: The two, especially the guy uh two is like split up into two different games. Yeah, exactly, and only when came out in America and everyone is still pissed about that. It's like, yo, uh, translation work back then costs a lot more money.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. Yeah, and a lot of words, a lot of words that you're having to translate there.
Speaker 2: So I mean I would do, but I'm gonna listen to me. And so looks young is some some character in Persona four and be born as ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. But there's there's more as far as announcements go, as the well they teased it at the switch to announcement, but I Interactive have now given the what's gonna be the full name for that Double oh seven game? Ah, and they are. It's basically letting you know that that's gonna be a review at Summer Game Fest. Pretty much is it's gonna be called first Light, uh Double seven first Light, And we'll get more on the game during Summer Game Fest. So that's cool. I've been wanting to see this for a while now, So you.
Speaker 2: Get Neon Powers Infamous.
Speaker 1: H I had imagine, right, and it would not be.
Speaker 2: To me, Like I don't I like the idea of any goal in that game, especially that's one that's gonna be at more stealthy and not just right, you know, pick up the K three seven or KF seven Soviet and blast everyone. But yeah, right, I really bounced off hard of all all those Hitman games. So we'll see if I feel like it or not.
Speaker 1: I'd imagine they have to walk that line a little bit more on this one. Make it too stealthy. I think you're gonna knock people out of it that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I also imagine, well it'll be I'm not gonna be have as much goofy shit I can have, like the rubber ducky bomb or anything like that. But I imagine it'll also be a lot more like story focused, because like James, Bond is supposed to be like charismatic and suave and not like a blank slate like Age and forty seven.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, well, we'll see how that goes. I hope it's it's fun and it yeah, just don't be super stealthy to the point where it's like, I don't know if I'm going to play that, right, Yeah, you still got to have some of the you know, shooting aspect that people love from Golden Eyes, So yeah, how they walk that line is going to be interesting. Ay, an announcement from score Enix. Two games that we're supposed to come out at the beginning of this year originally, and now Dragon Quest one and two HD TD are coming out October thirtieth, So basically you might as well have said Fall twenty twenty five square right, so by then, who knows what's out? Am I going to really care about it that much? I'll probably still support if I don't want up reviewing it for some reason. It is going to be a game key card on switch to those, so you know, you guys that are complaining about those game key cards key complaining away. I guess it is also going to come out on a regular switch as well if you want to just play it there, and they have a special collective t edition you can go by if you want to if you're that much of a Dragon Quest fan. Yeah, so let's get into a few switch to things here before we get into the actual like predictions stuff, Pokemon Presents along with Pokemon Za get release dates. So Pokemon ZA now at our za, I don't know how they're what they're officially calling it releases October sixteenth, of course, that is switch one and switch to and you can do the whole switch to upgrade and that's all that junk. You can start pre ordering the game on June fifth, when the switch to releases, and they're also going to do Pokemon Presents on July twenty seconds. Lots of rumors going around that they're going to to announce Pokemon Gen ten at some point here because next year is the thirtieth anniversary of Pokemon.
Speaker 2: Of course that's when it just kill if all the other generations goes on again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then of course there was any people lined up at game stops uh to get the new Pokemon cards, because that is game stop strategy. Now they are pivoting to buying and selling training cards, not just training card but also like sports cards and everything.
Speaker 2: So well then buying bitcoin, well that probably won't why bother up creating the stores?
Speaker 1: You know, you know what, I will give game stop credit for at least realizing when they have something and like, dude, if it's if it's only like six more months that you get to live at least, they're like pivoting quickly and not just oh, we're just going to keep doing the same thing. Under given credit for that, even though it is obviously the corporation that's just trying to get the the corporation more money as much as fos.
Speaker 2: You just said the problem and you didn't realize that it's the fact that keep pivoting and keep changing a very simple idea that they're family. If it has sold game ship, it'd be fine.
Speaker 1: The thing is, you can go anywhere to buy games ship. Now. People just buy the ship online. You don't need to go.
Speaker 2: To That's why you have to make the experience actually good. If they had like a good customer service or a nice store, that would help, or that would get people in the in the store.
Speaker 1: Not I do wonder if that their idea that they had, like right afore the pandemic hit, which was to turn it into a oh, you can come here and play Dungeons and Dragons, or you can come here and like play game play old games. Yeah, like that actually felt like it could have gone on somewhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I never did anything or retro store. It's like it's like an embarrassment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, but hey, you know what Nintendo. You know, Nintendo introduced that the game chat is one of the big features of the switch to another thing that you know, we've had for years on the Xbox and PlayStation side, And I just had to experience that when I was doing the review for and I stayed for Fishing, which has this terrible system to try to get pictures off of it where you have to do like connect to a server and then you know, scan it on your phone to get it to show up on your phone so then you can download them to your phone to then you can then email them to yourself to put them into the CMS for your website or whatever it is you need to do. And it's like a very just it feels like process right that shouldn't exist anymore, whereas Xbox and PlayStation have the you just put it on the it's on the app, and then you just download it to your phone or whatever email to yourself and there you go. WHI lah, you don't have this like two extra steps you gotta do. Not to mention they're doing. Uh. The they have these short clips that they keep putting on the Nintendo Today app and then obviously putting them on social media, and they're blocking Peel from actually taking video of that, uh because I guess I don't want you to put that on your YouTube channel or whatever, all right, which is also like silly, like who cares? This is free promotion for your game. Nintendo's just so like stuck on that, so bad about like, no, you cannot use our video footage though, and if it's gonna if you're gonna use it, it's a terrible quality, by the way, so like you can't really see how great you know, this actually could look like they they showed a video of like Pokemon looks running at sixty fps finally, and it's like, oh, this is such bad quality. It's like, Okay, I can see that it moves better because it's sixty fps, but it's like, you know, you could have done this better, and it's yeah, like you're trying to sell people on why I should come back to play the Scarlet and Violet that were so screwed up in the first place. You're not doing the best shob of that, to be honest, but regardless. You can now use the switch app.
Speaker 2: Too.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be able to take photos off your system, and yeah, I think it holds the last one hundred captures that you took and also videos and you can just take them off the app like you know the other two do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: Bravo Nintendo for finally once again adapting to the times and doing that. Look, I know not everybody uses this stuff and it doesn't matter, but the people that do it is just kind of really annoying. Right, and I'll do the Summer game Fest thing at the end. Let's uh go ahead and talk about switch to here. You said that you don't you have a friend that has a pre order with game Stop, so you don't know.
Speaker 2: But I don't want. I want to Mario one because I'm sure it's not gonna pay eighty bucks for that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I definitely understand that for sure. Eight eighty bucks for Mario Kart.
Speaker 2: Then I got to figure how to pay him because I'll probably go through like a firm or something, and right, how do I get get cash to him? Or do I don't know, if you use this PayPal or what. That'll be more interesting to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely that hopefully you get it so we can we can talk about it. So you're just only gonna be getting Mario Kart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would Donkey Kong, but the reviews will really depend on that one. And yeah, everything else, that thing I don't care about.
Speaker 1: Me personally, I will probably unless the reviews are like really bad for it, which I don't think they would be because it's the same game, just remastered the Bravely Default Find Fairy HD remaster. I will probably get that at some point, especially if it goes on a sale. But I'm happy the Screenix priced it accordingly. They priced it like a three DS game. It's forty bucks. They did not try to give it a switch tax and price it at like sixty or something, so that gives me enthusiasm for actually like trying to support it. I'm the I might also get the other two chaps. May get also Delta Rune at some point because I never played the first two chats the other and and I know for sure I'm probably gonna wind up reviewing Fast Fusion. That's that f zero game that's made by the people that made the Fast RMX game that was the launch game for the Switch one. So cool that they have come back to the launch of Switch to uh and for sure I'm getting more Car World.
Speaker 2: So they keep trying to make new like ah Extreme G or F zero knockoffs and they never work.
Speaker 1: Fair enough. Yeah, I mean you're right about that. Most of them are kind of just like really shallow and I forget really.
Speaker 2: Quick the two on PS four Uh, I forget the name of it, but the one had like once you got like halfway through or even like a third of the way through the racing, uh progression, like you couldn't win because the AI was just brutally difficult, but you could not I get like catch it down. It's like didn't you play beforehand? Like no one, no one raise her hand and go, hey, this is a problem too.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I reviewed the Gravity Chase one that came out a few years ago that was pretty decent, but also again like pretty shallow. So yeah, but just uh to go through this rather quickly. What is going to be available at launch? You know you mentioned Donkey Kong. I'm also kind of like, for sure, Donkey Kong. I'm looking at it as far as like that might be my next big game to check out, like one that if the reviews are really good, I might drop the money on Well. See, I just imagine Nintendo's got to do something in this month to kind of get us to there, because we know that there's games coming, Like we don't know when Metroit Prime for Beyond is coming yet. We do know, you know, Pokemon's coming in October, but there's got to be some stuff in between there. But look, a lot of the stuff that's coming as ports of stuff that you've already probably already played at this point, like Canitsu Going Path to the Goddess is on game Pass, so you can go play that right now, you know. I'm sure hard Worth's legacy mostly all played that Hitman World of Assassination. You've played that, right, or if you haven't, you can get it much cheaper somewhere else. Fantasy Life either, Girl who Steals Time is actually probably pretty good, supposedly, and that's new. So that's coming with Switch to Cyberpunk twenty seventy seven, at least that's the ultimate edition.
Speaker 2: So that's new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you could definitely get that cheaper in other places. But if you only have a Switch too, I guess it's not too bad, right, But yeah, like the long slide if it's definitely not anything the rite home about. And I do get people's kind of lack of enthusiasm for that, Like I can see where people are going, I'm not running to buy this thing day one because outside of Mario Kart, you know, there's not a whole lot there. And I know what's.
Speaker 2: Gonna yeah called antipathy, Like yeah, no one can.
Speaker 1: Like, man, maybe if I get to play with you or obviously getting to play with Anaya Mario Kart World, you know, that'll be fun for a little bit, but eventually I get kind of tired of Mario Kart World and that it just kind of come the same thing we have Mario Kart eight. Like, Okay, I have it. I reviewed that game and all that, but I played it and then okay, came back to it here and there, but it wasn't something that I know. I know there's a lot of people that do come that's the party game, right, Like that's the game that they play with their friends when the friends come over and stuff like that. And I and if it is for you, I think that's great. But I do kind of agree with the symptom of Mario Kart is that game that you get when you don't have anything else to get with the system. It's usually not like I think it's a great like packing game, but I don't know if it's gonna be a game that Like I wonder if it's gonna sell the same amount or close to the amount of like mark Our Deluxe, right a Deluxe. Like it's not like peop would just all of a sudden stop playing that game. Like I wonder if there's a little bit of a Mario Kart fatigue that's gonna set in and go, oh, you know you started with this, I'm still playing eight you.
Speaker 2: Know, like well, uh, you know you know that you do? Is I just slip out the mark it's marik Kart eight server. Yeah, we got something for you. It's called mariork Karte World. Go play it.
Speaker 1: There's that twist welcome tour, which you know, I hope you're not spending the ten bucks on that thing.
Speaker 2: Really, how how quickly do you think that thing goes just for free?
Speaker 1: I would imagine we don't get past like the end of the year, Yeah, and that thing goes to free because you know, like how neweople are they going to be buying that thing, right, I can see split fiction doing really well because you already have the two controllers. Yeah right, and same thing with that street Fighter. That could be something that does really well as well because you could play with your friend right there, but having to buy another controller.
Speaker 2: Slitch Fiction I can see because like you don't like it's not like a precision game, and it doesn't have a lot of buttons. Who cares? But right now the joy Kines yourself had that fucked layout, so that's gonna be a disaster.
Speaker 1: And you also got the you know, GameCube, but Switch online as well, which, hey, they are bringing three really good games off the bat, you know, so Calibra two with Link zero g X and and win Waker. So is there a game that you want them to bring? The game to the GameCube classics that would get you to put down the money. Let's say, if.
Speaker 2: They Twins Snakes, you.
Speaker 1: Think Konami would let them do it? No, because they're My issue is like they are. They do not like to have to to put a game after service at all, So.
Speaker 2: I don't like that game in the first place. So I know Kojima didn't. I mean maybe they they're they're who cares but that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it obviously depends on if they're gonna get some kind of port of the Metal Girts saw at three, like remake or whatever. I could see them doing that as a way to kind of like, hey, here's here's twins.
Speaker 2: I think already announced cheap your robot or they showed you like, yeah they did, That's that's cool.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think it's now. I think it's funny that whenever all these collections come out, you know the old games crater and price.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah of course, because you know you can just go subscribe to that thing and play it all you want. You don't need the Yeah.
Speaker 2: So like for for years I wanted a Project Justice, and now that Capcom Fighting collection came out, like the Dreamcast price is like it's not like super low, right, it's been knowing nown.
Speaker 1: As that should be that That's the good thing about when they do these remastersses, Like the people that are like really overdoing it on the reselling or suffer on that too.
Speaker 2: So I went to a game store today I found this game Start had a still sealed copy of sweak it into mhm oh nice for.
Speaker 1: Wow. I don't know about that now you can just go get it for you can get two games for fifty bucks or whatever. Yeah, but uh, all right, let's let's go and do a crystal ball of what are we doing six or not? Not us particularly. I don't even know if we're gonna be still, you know, just to be just to be fair about like you know, we're gonna be hitting uh what like forty five, you know, in the in the middle forties when we're talking about possibly a Switch three. So let's say we're talking about six seven years from now. What do you think Do you think Switch too we'll be able to match Switch one as far as sales and and longevity, or you think it's gonna people are gonna kind of get worn out with the.
Speaker 2: I you know, I think it all depend on like Nintendo's lineup. If it's just kind of more of the same, I mean, it'll still do fine, but it won't be as good as Switch one.
Speaker 1: It's always hard to capture that magic twice, right. I don't think it will, to be quite honest, yeah, I don't. It's not gonna. It's real people that are saying it's gonna be the WEU or just that you're just totally off on that one.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know I can actually see some of that, like logic, it's gonna be as dire as the WE two, I mean the WEU. But it doesn't have an original name. It doesn't have much to distinguish it from the original you know, switch one. And I think like most people are just going like, hey, look it looks better. That's not that's not really enough, Like you gotta like make something really unique for this thing, and you know, I don't think. I think the unique sets they've shown has been incredibly lackluster so far.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, the game chat thing is is.
Speaker 2: What it is. That's gonna be like rewritten like three or four times at least over the white span of this thing, because what they showed already looked bad, so they're gonna have to keep trying to fix it.
Speaker 1: I did like Cody, good to see you here, Thank you for.
Speaker 2: I did like the Kataku I think article about like why doesn't this thing of a camera built into it, like like this is a system that should and you guys don't you.
Speaker 1: Know Yeah, I mean again it's it's about cost, right, Like, you know, build a camera into that thing?
Speaker 2: How much no, I don't say. I don't mean a good camera, but you know, a fucking fifty dollars you know, ce phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're going to put that on to the consumers, so you're gonna at least charge in twenty five bucks more for it. Nah, they won't do that. It's Nintendo. Man. They're not gonna eat most of putting a camera on a system. They're going to charge you.
Speaker 2: Did you see how much, like the rumor of the components cost.
Speaker 1: No, I did not see what it costs, but I imagine that you know, it doesn't cost what. They're not eating that much of the costs. I don't think no.
Speaker 2: The rumored like price cost or the I mean, they came out and said it wasn't this, so that kind of would mean it probably is, because they wouldn't respond if it wasn't. But I think that the rumor was it gets like a hundred bucks with the parts.
Speaker 1: Which I mean, okay, the original special three hundred bucks, and they charge you four hundred and then they put a inflation plus Nintendo tax on it for fifty bucks. But then you add another thing on it they're going to charge. They're charging fifty bucks to buy the camera outright, So imagine if they would have stuck it on the system.
Speaker 2: That we the switch has a camera.
Speaker 1: It does, but you know it's not I'm not.
Speaker 2: Saying it has to be good and it can. It mean some four K camera, but come on, like it's literally like they're trying to make this chat or this social bullshit matter and it takes you know, how are you gonna carry the camera around with you if you go out like they're vaunted?
Speaker 1: Uh no, no, they're not gonna.
Speaker 2: They're not.
Speaker 1: They're not gonna do street pass again with.
Speaker 2: You're gonna you're gonna bust out the Piranha camera and put it on the table and be like, I'm cool going Not that thing is terrible.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get like, you're not gonna have any memories for that thing. You're not gonna be able to see what's going on with that parana plan camera. But no, I okay, I'm gonna say, well, we're at like what one hundred and fifty plus million right now. I don't think it gets anywhere near that because you also had the pandemic to factor in, right, you know, and your ripe priotors are doing great right now. I think it obviously depends. Like you said, it's all about what does Nintendo do after lunch? Right the one the great thing about the first year of the Switch was like it was like banger Banger, Banger game, Banger game, and you had something every month that somebody could really look forward to, whether it was your bag or not. They had a big release, right, so that helped. Can they you know, push that forward? Will that whatever, whether it's June, July, August direct, will that help kind of push the rest of it? Or is it really gonna be whenever it is that they announced Metro Prime for is going to release, and then Donkey Kong and Pokemon and that's it and then they kind of move on the next year. We'll have to see. I definitely think I'm gonna put it at one hundred million. I definitely think the pandemic made parents buy multiple switches because they didn't want to have to be sharing between their kids. That was the only thing you could do. Think about it, like you're stuck in the house, so like everybody's playing a Swiss, Like you don't want to have to be tugging between your two kids or yourself playing a game, like there was multiple switches bought because of the pandemic, right right, same thing like Animal Crossing is a huge franchise, is a huge game. But let's let's not kid ourselves. Animal Crossing New Horizons would not have sold or New Leave or whatever, I'm sorry, whatever the Animal Crossing game was would not have sold that much money or that much without it being So I do think that there's a little bit of of that that's going to go down because it's a familiar thing. Like you said, people know what this is now, right, and you're starting off with a very familiar thing in Mario Kart, like you see it, and they're gonna go okay, So why do I need to go from switch to right now?
Speaker 2: I actually look at Mario Kart as far more experimental or far more you know, higher reaching than a lot of this other crap like that they're inevitably going to announce.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean to be fair, like Pokemon Za is kind of a little bit more you know, it's it's a little bit different than you know, the regular Pokemon games, so they're kind of putting more of that RCUs into it than what you would get from like a scarlet of Violet. So they're pushing it a little bit there, I'm sure prime for we'll have to see hopefully that's, you know, an amazing metroid. The interesting thing is to me is going to be like, what do you do with Zelda? Because are they I mean, I think they've said that they're not going to do Brought to the Wild three right or whatever? So like can you capture that magic again?
Speaker 2: They're gonna put it back in the train sparait tracks too, let's go now, I I for Zelda. I see them a whole new system or a whole new you know, world, or a whole new like idea for.
Speaker 1: I. I do hope it's different, Like I could see them using that system, but maybe putting in a different part of High Rule, you know, not not necessarily the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Again, I can reuse the saying map for a third time, yeah.
Speaker 1: Please, but saying that, what do you think is gonna be? Okay, They're they're pushing Donkey Kong, right, we have the whole thing with the you know, they have that Super Mario World thing at Universal Studios now where obviously they can continue to put different franchises in there. They had the movies now, right, what do you think is gonna be? You know, you can kind of make a case that when you look back at the eight years of Switch, when you talk about the outstanding high level game, it is still one of those two Zelda's for a lot of people. Right, but Mario honesty probably being in right around there or whatever. Do you think Mario is able to take that crown back and switch to or do you think do you think there's another franchise that can step up? And that's that's the game that we're talking about. When we're talking about the end of the Switch too.
Speaker 3: It'll be Arms too, Arms if they even have that come out or.
Speaker 2: No, they're they're attaching Arms one and for some ungodly reason.
Speaker 1: Well that's the you know, that's that's the team that's doing you know, Dragon Drive, so right, I mean, which we'll see that's another thing of like, well the mouse control is actually be something that people continue to use throughout the systems lifespan, Like I wonder, yeah.
Speaker 2: I see that, I'm never going to use it. I see you using that like once or twice just to try it.
Speaker 1: And then you go on, I'll definitely try I'll metro prime for I'll tell you that much. I want to see how good it is.
Speaker 2: But it'll be it'll be quickly forgotten.
Speaker 1: I think it's it's definitely going to have more life to it because there's so many games that they can have come out with it that can use it. Right, Yeah, it's not like, uh, you know three D was for the three D s or the Lavo stuff or Switch one.
Speaker 2: That's the real thing. It'll be a lambo too, and they redesign all that crap.
Speaker 1: But oh for me, like, I really do think that, you know, Mario had a lot of hits. I really want to see what they're gonna do with this Mario because they knocked out of the park with Odyssey really and it's like, how do they top that and if they can somehow top that, And then they had Wonder come out, which was amazing for the two D Mario games. After the New Super Mario Brothers kind of felt like old hat after a while, Right. I definitely think that Mario is gonna be the the game we're talking about, like the franchise we're talking about as the pillar of switch to when we get to.
Speaker 2: The end of it. I only would see that if it can actually make multiple Mario games like traditional or it not traditional three D Marrow games. Like I always thought it was weird that Mario Odyssey won them out very early on a switch lifespan and they didn't do ship with it after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean that, well, that team supposed that team is the team that's making Dokey Kong right now, So right, we'll have to see if you know, for one, if that's true. And then did they siphon off part of that team to be working on three D Mario or right?
Speaker 2: I mean they didn't they did it do that like Bowser's faery thing, which was cool, Yeah, that was cool, but that was like I wouldn't say it's a prototype game, but it definitely was like smaller than you know, Odyssey. So yeah, yeah, I mean like you know, the we got we Galaxy Wanted two, and I know Galaxy two started off as like an expansion or whatever, but I said, yeah, why didn't Odyssey have that or what you know, why wasn't it Odyssey too or you know something similar to that. Hm.
Speaker 1: I mean, to be fair, they do only they only usually do like in the last well, I mean we got what the two Mario Galaxies, and we you never really.
Speaker 2: Had a chance to I had had threty World.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's that, I guess. But you know, like I I hope the Nintendo keeps like pushing their franchises forward and and we get some of the franchises like come Back that haven't had a game in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like star Fox.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like will they take the opportunity to make Starbucks. Will they take the opportunity to make a new f Zero?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, hey, make an open world Star Fox game. They'd be cool.
Speaker 1: But I mean he's got to be in the ship most of the time.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I don't. I don't mean him you know, running around like that fucking dinosaur playing a game. I mean yeah, like you know, give it to the No Man's Sky team and you know, make just make a star fucks game.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I do hope with like the infusion of the younger talent that they seem to be going towards now, like there's more ideas with that, and just give us something new with those franchises that we didn't think about, like give the the excuses they keep giving of like okay, well we have to have a reason to make an er, we have to have a reason to make a starfucks right, because they haven't sold that well.
Speaker 2: You know, the reason is, well, the reason is fans will like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you can get a surprise, like with Metroid dread right, where they didn't expect that game to do what it did, right, It sold bnkers numbers for Metroid.
Speaker 2: So you know, I mean, I know you really like this franchise, but I watched a video recently about like the worth selling Switch games that like, you know Nintendo makes. Ah, you know, they're not just crap, shovel work crap, but I mean, like you know, Nintendo put out and the guy basically said that he's surprised he knew players at the four games because of how little that franchise sells.
Speaker 1: Well. Three sold really well for what it wasn't and two sold really well. Actually, who is still the highest selling of all of them obviously helped the two came out in the launch year of the Switch, right, But I mean, to be fair, two of them are remasters or you know, remaster remakes. So that's really why they only have the fours because two so well enough to allow them to do Nober one because it makes sense, why would you not do the first one when they're all tied together in a story. And then that allowed three to happen because you wanted to have a continuation of two even though they're not really good too, right, there's just all kind of like high you know, high level continue you know connections. And then obviously it's not a Chronicles X because everybody kept asking for it. Everybody kept in like, okay, if you're gonna remake, if you're gonna do wi Uports, where's Chronicles X at? And that one apparently has not sold that great because they haven't talked about it hitting a million yet. Hopefully we switched to maybe it will hit that number. I would hope, But I really want to see what if there is gonna be this und a Blade for what they're gonna do with that supposing model of the stops doing a new a new game entirely that has something to do with Undablade, So let's see with that also, and they were really the secret weapon of the switch. Honestly, my Aino Solt helped with the two Zelda games, so you know, like that that's something that I want to see, Like what there any of these development studios. Like we kind of saw some neat things towards the end of the switch, Like nobody would have thought we had a Princess Peach game ever, and then we got one, you know, so, like I want to keep seeing things like that used characters that we haven't seen in a while get used. Like I like the fact that Sakara is coming back to do Cairby Air Riders, even though you know, maybe that's not an amazing selling game or whatever, but it's different at least. Do you have a franchise that you want to see them make a game for sure?
Speaker 2: Like, like I said, Star Fox, I think a new punch Out would be cool. Uh, Louie Ewan was all right, I think maybe fixing Vanetta would be alright? Hers Yeah, yeah, I don't you know. I was appaly the Big Three?
Speaker 1: What do you think they do with What do you think they do with Smash?
Speaker 2: Ah? I would say that that needs a There's one of two ways to do it. The one is the easier one kind of, but it's the bad way. The easier way is just to put out Smash where there's Ultimate two or you know, like even more characters. Yeah, that's the bad way, because that roster is incredibly bloated and nonsensical. The better way, I would say, completely redesign the game, make it a more I wouldn't say serious, but I guess a deeper fighter fighting game. Scale back to roster, have like just twenty characters, twenty five maybe twenty five characters, and just do it that way.
Speaker 1: I would agree with that, like we don't need to go back to light and then so those sixty four days of just only having you know.
Speaker 2: I feel it. I actually like that one the most. Really I spend them. I mean it's not the most deep, Like I know everyone likes Melee, It's like everyone seems to be everyone's favorite. But yeah, I like the simplicity of a reasonal Fast Brothers and I thought that was the best, like well balanced. Yeah, like it didn't need to be like crazy like but.
Speaker 1: Part of the anticipation really is like is those those extra characters? Right? Like how insane was it that you finally got sore after all these years of asking?
Speaker 2: But like, okay, I don't mind some guest characters, like you know, Cloud is fun, but like do you really need like, you know, twelve fire them dudes running around No.
Speaker 1: But that was really a sacker. I had this thing with like swords characters, you know, so he he has this obsession with having and it's almost like it was like him kind of like trolling people. It felt like it sometimes, but like they're like, no, not another sword character, and here we go is another one.
Speaker 2: Right, just to throw it to you. Yeah, for like if I was gonna remake Smash or like, you know, if I was in charge, I would say the next game, no guest character is period, just has it be Nintendo crap and like mainline Nintendo's characters.
Speaker 1: I just don't think they could get away with that. I think the you could to start out. But that's part of what makes Smash continue to be a success. It's like it's the only one that can really do the crossover like that. It's just you don't know who the heck's gonna wind up being in the game. I do hope that, you know, if they.
Speaker 2: That in Fortnite now, yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I wonder if like it. I would imagine at some point we're gonna get to where like Sacarai passes the baton off to somebody else because you know, uh, I can't imagine he's gonna spend like most of this generation again doing that working on that game.
Speaker 2: Uh, I'll go go back to making kid a chorist.
Speaker 1: I mean, hey, nobody thought he was gonna do Curvy Air Riders, right, so why not? Like, do you think that when you when you look back, how long will it take? Do you think switch to will have a better chance of being more relevant when we get towards the end of the But like, okay, we're talking about like two or three years from now, we're going to have the PlayStation six and whatever the Xbox is, if they even have whatever the Xbox is supposed to be, you know, and then they also, you know, put the handheld on hold, so who knows when that's coming. But do you feel like with this graphical update or whatever, we're gonna be able to enjoy the third party stuff for switch to longer? Just go around or.
Speaker 2: It will only be the indie games? Ah, because they're already trying to get rid of you know, PS four games and Xbox one games don't look great, you know, and they try to do that cross gen or you know, bundles that's like no, h So yeah, they'll get I mean the fact that can't it's not it's announced, but I can't imagine a fancy seven rebirth looking great on the Switch too.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, they did technically, Yeah, they already technically announced that it is going to come on Switch Team, right, Just please no cloud versions this time with anything. Just don't that did not work. It's it's embarrassing, quite frankly that some of the greatest games of all time, Kingdom Hearts, those Resident Evil remakes, all that stuff are only there on cloud version. I hope that's something they fixed with the switch to just just for people that only have switched.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing I could the Resident Will remakes. I could see it as like that was a solution because of Switch one wasn't powerful enough, right, Kingdom of Hearts is Yeah, that's embarrassing because it's an old PS.
Speaker 1: Two game that was more of like they didn't want to have to just do it with a third one, so they just did it with all of them as a kind of cheap way to port those over, and it was still terrible. Yep, you know, I do think that there's going to be a longer length with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'll be three years, possibly four depending on what a game by game basis, but three years, but let's still be like old PS four and crap like that.
Speaker 1: I do wonder how, you know, are they going to be able to tap in more into the DLSS tech or whatever to make it look more passable to where we could, like five or six years from now still be getting day and date third parties for the most part, I mean Nintendo did or Microsoft did make that deal. There's supposed to be ten years of call of duty on Nintendo, So how are you gonna make that work somewhere?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: Like I do think that at some point, like do you think what about a pro? Do you think Nintendo does a Nintendo switch to Pro?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they called the two point five.
Speaker 1: I could see that.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know because I don'tone need to switch one pro. You know all the people rumoring monitoring about that and it never came out. I think what they're gonna do is two years from now, switch to old ED or switch to with like better battery life, because the Switch two has terrible battery life when I've heard, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if they can really improve that because that comes with the better graphics and all that stuff with the.
Speaker 2: Games, like more efficient chip. You know, they can always you know that's not They'll find a way, but it's not gonna be it'll be like it'll be small updates, kind a dramatic one. You know.
Speaker 1: Do we get a Nintendo switch to light?
Speaker 2: Ah? Maybe, I don't know. I think the switch light was kind of always dumb.
Speaker 1: It's so yeah, that's that's one that I think definitely was helped by the pandemic because you can give that to the Yes, give it to your kid. Here, go destroy that. You don't put it on the TV. It's basically it basically is a tablet essentially, and you know, so I do think that they will because they always like to have different skews. Maybe not a launch, but they do. And they're definitely gonna do the old head for sure. You know that they're waiting to get people to do that. I'm gonna say two years for the light and then maybe three and a half for the od ed because I I don't think that the Switch two is going to I think it really just depends honestly on what's going on when we're talking about PlayStation six, and especially if Xbox doesn't end up doing a console. Like if it's just Sony and Nintendo, I think then the Switch two is around for a long time. You know, whatever it's it does have the ability to last as long as as the Switch one did. If we're talking about it's all three of them, and let's say that we really aren't getting that much more like the the the diminishing returns is really starting to kind of see with the consoles where we're not really seeing that even more of an uptick in power that much. I think that's going to determine more than anything, how long the Switch to six around. Ifore Nintendo has to either make a Switch three or make a pro or do something to kind of like lengthen that up longer for the people that want that.
Speaker 2: You know, this is a time for the television too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Tommy tallerco is waiting to finally do that thing. Where do you so Nintendo is saying that, Derek's do you think that we'll we'll get a pros? Is this going to continue the trend of not giving a price drop? Did we get a press drop ever for the Switch too?
Speaker 2: Yeah? In four years.
Speaker 1: Or three, I definitely think we'll we'll have a sale A.
Speaker 2: For sure on February twenty twenty eight. That's au.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think for sure if we get a switch to Pro, we're gonna get the this, We'll finally get that discount. I think if not, because they'll be able to charge fifty more dollars for the old head. Then you know, what do you think about? Uh? During during the length of the do we get do game prices go up again?
Speaker 2: No? I think eighty is really pushing he he's pushing it.
Speaker 1: So I could see them really actually going up to like eighty five. I could see them doing the the the accessory thing of just saying, you know, five more dollars ain't gonna hurt nobody, and it definitely helps us with the game development. I do think that over the span of the switch to we're going to see we are going to see a return of like getting the franchises have more games in that lifetime because well Nintendo already does this, they don't spend that much on their games. But I think we're going to see that happen. Just in general, over the lifespan of this next generation of games are going to get smaller because they just cannot keep this pace of ballooning more or we're just going to get to the point where we just only have a small number of studios at these big publishers and that that's what's gonna happen outside of Nintendo. So I you know, where is your where is your like looking at what the switch to what we know of it for this year, like where is your kind of like high level? Do you think that there's going to be a switch to game that is fighting for Game of the Year at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: No, because no launch camera does that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm talking about launch window games as well, right, like Donkey Kong and none of those games you.
Speaker 2: Think, No, I mean not unless I can really push out of mar game like super quickly. I'm sure. Well, I couldn't say that marik Cart will probably win like Best Racing Game or Best Family Games.
Speaker 1: Like, oh yeah, that's that's the shooting for that. But I'm talking about like the Game of the Year, Game of the Awards.
Speaker 2: No, right, we'll get the cyberpunk again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I could see, And it's just like don y Yong is such an unknown man. I could see if it's really really good, it's up there, right, Because we were talking about like when twenty seventeen was just so awesome that we forget that like Mario Odyssey and Brought to the Wall were so great, like some people were picking one of the other, right, and then you still had some other games like Persona five and and other games that were up there on that that year. That year was amazing that like it is kind of that's sort of the one that's like, man, how good is Donkey Kong? Can it be what Mario odysty was and be up there? And then as long as that to me? And I also think like Metro Prime four could be kind of in there, right. People loved Metroprime Remaster if you can do that, but somehow even better with Metro Prime four, with whatever the story promises and all that kind of stuff. I can see Metro Prie four being up there and in that conversation, right. I think obviously it depends on how great Ghosts of Yote is as well. We already know like okay, Claire obscurit is there, but like and maybe you got some other ones like can it come over and stoo or whatever, but you know it split fiction. I'm sure we'll probably be in the conversation too, but it's kind of wide open a little bit now, so we'll see the rest of the year. What is up there. Venintenna does have the ability, I think with some of these these games that are kind of ann right now, to get up there for sure. But yeah, anything else that you wanted to do a prediction on or whatever, put.
Speaker 2: A new final them eventually for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how long do you think for final them? You think next year we'll get one?
Speaker 2: If they do, I want to be like you know, Three Houses and not engaged. I want it to be more story focused.
Speaker 1: Oh. I feel like they definitely know that they have to do another like Three Houses type game, Like that game sold way too well for them not to go back to that again.
Speaker 2: You know what they should do is I mean, I don't know how big the games are. Addition, announce this would actually get me to fight me you buy it. Like Azino Blade Quadrilogy, we just put all four games on one cart.
Speaker 1: No way, no way, no way. They could put all on one cart. No way.
Speaker 2: Now that Mario three D All Stars thing, and if you put to.
Speaker 1: It, yeah that would be nice. What what else, like do you think we get a I don't know how they can really do this. But do you think that we get any more additions to switch online as far as like a console, Like do you think we get a DS or I don't know if they could do we. They could do we because they already have everything basically to do the Wii.
Speaker 2: Right, it'll be all thirty games a virtual boy only now it was actual color.
Speaker 1: I'd be really surprised if we don't get the Wi just because they've already did Nintendo Switch Sports. They already they like, you know, they do. They tried to do a bunch of things with the where you use the most of control with the the thing.
Speaker 2: My problem with that would be, like is it even one to one fidelity with the Wii? The switch controllers are now.
Speaker 1: They're better, right, they have better sensors, so it could be even better than those with those games.
Speaker 2: But like the we worked because you're basically always facing the TV, right, be facing the you know, the wheat or the switch.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but now you could do it without even having to be on the TV. That's the thing, right, You could technically just set it on your table and play it on the screen, or you could you could technically dock it and play it that way too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then there's like a dead zone issue or you know, like what is neutral?
Speaker 1: So I am kind of interested to see like do they I know they've like retrofitted it right where they've done these remasters of DS games or three DS games already or whatever, but right, could they possibly do a switch online of those at all? Or would it just be like going to the Wii? And then that's pretty much it, right, Like they don't have anything else that they can really put on there as far as like, okay, we're just gonna introduce all these games because they already ported everything from the WU so.
Speaker 2: Essentially all the old game and watch LCDU games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's that. I had something else that I just can't think of off the top of my head now. But yeah, look that Swiss two's coming. We'll we'll know pretty soon. Obviously. I do agree with some of the hype being kind of a little bit down just because we don't have people like reviewing it, so now it's kind of like a Okay, it's anticipation for it to come. Then it's gonna be like, okay, you get it, you play Mario Kart, like getting to do all that enjoying it thing. I want to see if there is any kind of frame rate improvement automatically or is that all tied to it always has to be a switch to edition or some kind of free update or whatever. Is there any kind of that stuff with the system?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I went to a best Buy today to pick up that speaking in collection and they had like a bunch of like weird Mario day ship. Yeah, and it's like, yo, that was three months ago, dogs like why is why don't you have any switch to crap out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm surprised. I'm gonna how much do you think there's gonna be confusion with the boxes kind of looking the same a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same with the ween that we you like, at least that looked different kind of I don't.
Speaker 1: Think that's gonna I don't think it's gonna be that level. I think it's gonna be more of a people going, well, this looks very similar. Why, Like somebody's gonna have to explain to them, like why this is why? Obviously when you get up to the register and it costs the different the cost difference is gonna be a number one big thing, right, And there is a number two on the box, so like you just tell somebody I want the switch too, Well, this one has the number two on it. So people are much more used to like iterative things. You know, we're at we're at iPhone sixteen pro at this point in Galaxy twenty five. Like people people kind of get it, but I get it for like the look, look my mom, I tell her to go to a Gainst. Thank god I don't have to do that anymore. But you know, if I would have told my grandpa back then, like YO, give me the switch too, he probably would have no idea. I have to write it down for him and then he goes and gives it the person of the register. It is gonna be interesting, like if during the holiday season you get people end up getting switched ones that you know they want they actually wanted to switch to or whatever. But there is a whole other Oh. Also, do you think we're getting that direct during summer game fests like during this week or you think it's not happening next week? You think, so, okay, on it's the console lectually out, Yeah, I can see that. I just think that like there's outside of obviously you want to be able to announce that your game is coming to Switch too. I just don't see the point of like, why would you have the System come out the day before Summer Game Fest if you're not going to do something at Summer game Fess itself. So like, I just think that it's like Taylor made for you to have that direct. That makes it feel like it's an E three kind of moment where it's like, hey, here's our time to shine. The System came out, here's what's coming out now, you know, or coming out soon or or whatever you know for it. But there are are other showcases happening during this week. Summer Game for US is of course on Friday, so you can watch that two hour thing and see how what amazing things Heely's able to pull for this obviously probably not as awesome as the game, you know, Game Awars typically is, but you see this is pretty good as well. Right before that, you got the Accessibility showcase, and then you got Day of the Devs right after, which that one's usually really good for indies. And then after that you got the Develver direct, which, if anything, it's gonna make you laugh. Plus de Volver keeps getting really good games, you know, so definitely worth checking out. Saturday you got a whole slew of very specific things, and also the Future Game Show later in that day, along with like all the Latin American Women Led Wholesome Direct all that kind of stuff. And then Sunday you got the Xbox and PC Gaming Show, so there's that, and then Monday got Desk Straining, two Black Bustling Gaming as well, so stuff all over this weekend. I'm sure there's gonna be a game for you in all of that. Also, before we get out here, just want to give it a shout out because I thought it was awesome. Anybody that loves JRPGs, especially the indie variety. The I want to say this right the Gaming Show, they had a Indie Quest twenty twenty five, which is all about indie JRPG's and strategy RPGs, and they had forty games that they showed off in this thing, which is pretty awesome to say. Some of them are games that are already out, but most of them are all games that are either coming out later this year or next year. It's like an hour and forty minutes, So I don't know about checking out the whole thing, but I definitely check out you know, some trailers for some of those games, Like there was a obvious like Fire and Bloom inspired game that you'd probably like Mark. There's also a sweak it In inspired game that you probably might want to check out. Uh, there's definitely some Chrono Trigger ones that are taking inspiration from as well.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: There's all kinds of running the gamut for this. So if like you're an indie RPG person, go check out some of the trailers, go find out you know, like go read one of those everything that got announced articles. But I want to shout out like this one called Dome RPG that doesn't come out until next year, that has like all kinds of different art styles and they literally go it feels like in so many different types of RPG in the one game, and it looks awesome. So I just wanted to like give that a shout. There's quite a few other ones. There's one that's like obviously inspired from like Undertail, has very similar art sole and all that. So there's one that's literally the Aberga level from Kingdom Hearts. I'm not kidding, but I was just kind of like, Okay, I don't know where we're bordering on inspiration. Uh there, but look, credit to all those devs. I wish listed a ton of games off of that thing. So, like I said, I'll put a link in description to that as well. Definitely should go give that a world if you're an indie RBG fan at all. So yeah, outside of that, I think that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Oh, we didn't talk about it last week for that Street Under movie cast.
Speaker 1: Okay, what what? I have not seen that?
Speaker 2: Still? So they announced four actors or four people they are considering for the Street Fighter movie. The two the two other actors they look they all spot pretty easily, Nick Ken and Ru Yeah. The two other actors Roman Rains and.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I aren't they the same?
Speaker 2: I'm joking. Oh yeah, I'll admit I'm not super up on his Chief Fighter maybe nowadays. But who do who do those dudes play? Well?
Speaker 1: This and Ama can play anybody because you know he's Dice and the MOA and you cast him in a movie, people will go see it.
Speaker 2: So but what character does he play? The only the only like idea I saw and someone said this was like they could see Roman Rain he's playing like Blanca.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see that because he has he has some of that characteristic when he when he wrestles his character already, so it'd be something.
Speaker 2: He can do the beast roll and shock people in the ring.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I can I could see the what's you know, I could I could see maybe even well doing like ball row or something through the box. And thing is that he'll have the ponytail instead.
Speaker 2: Of Tyson rip off character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: The the only thing I can see like Mamoa playing is be like t Hawk. Yeah, that's Hawk like that. You know.
Speaker 1: It just depends on kind of like how deep they're gonna go. They're gonna go just like the regular you know one she'd expect like Gyle and Blanca and you know chun Lee.
Speaker 2: Obviously it's fighters really funny because and more more to come. It doesn't really do this as much, but the main character is supposed to be re you like, he's a first character, like when you hit go, like he's like the main character. And the movies and TV shows don't like that at all. They always slide in dial.
Speaker 1: Or even like Bison's sometimes it feels like he's almost like you know, because he's the main villain, so he gets a lot of screen time as well. Right, you're not gonna go to eat ral Julia's but all right, look, I don't need to go over the switch lineup with you. I basically did that already. That's most of what's coming out this week. So if you're not getting a Switch two, there is a few other things if you you know, So there's an RBG Poppycorn that our good friend Scott reviewed that's on p S I, PS four and PC. That's out like right now. You can get Delta Roo on other consoles eventually, so you know, there's that. Also, Doing Awakening I think will be well, they'll be out that. I'm sorry, doing Awakening is wrong because that'll be out the day after we do this show next week. But there is some cool stuff in like next week aside from Switch to, like Mind's Eye, which has been getting a lot of black for either whether you believe that there's a hate campaign on that game or not. Yeah, and then some other plays coming out to PC. So there's some some neat thing yeah I would imagine probably not on there, but yeah, so Switch to launch, launch week, Summer Game Fest, plenty of stuff to get excited about this weekend. Like I said, we'll do Saturday, we'll be here doing Summer Game Fest talking about uh switch To thoughts on that, you know what the you know what the kind of consensus is as of the first couple of days of that being out, anything that's been kind of any of the showcases that kind of catch us down on Saturday as well, and then Monday we'll be back with Xbox and whatever else. So two shows this week. Everybody, enjoy your switch to if you're getting it, and we'll see y'all next week or on Saturday. By