Speaker 1: Something you should go, something you should know is brought to you by Genesis gooldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold standard. Learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis goold.
Speaker 2: I r a dot com.
Speaker 1: Excited to have country superstar and just an amazing man, mister Lee Greenwood joining us, and he's got a new album Start the World over again.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'll actually be in your territory and I'm taking both of my son's pheasant hunting.
Speaker 2: Oh very nice. Where do you go pheasant hunting?
Speaker 3: Mike Ingram has a ranch there and just a dedicated to Horatio Alger. We raised we raised money for that great foundation.
Speaker 1: That is fantastic. Well, we're excited to have you. Do you fly into Sioux Falls?
Speaker 3: Then I think we're flying into Pierre.
Speaker 2: Okay, very very nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, around here they say peer like peer pressure, but it's all good. I'm sure it's I'm sure it's ok I'm sure it's Pierre. I guarantee. It was named after like a French fur trader back in the day. So you have done so so well, and I love the fact that you've got a brand new thing that you're doing.
Speaker 2: Here. Tell me a little bit about this new album.
Speaker 3: So if you saw the Reagan film, there was a lot of music in it. There are two albums from it. One album actually is a reflection of all the songs that were in the film Reagan. The second album is songs inspired by the film. All of those pieces of music, with the exception of one, were songs that we played during the Reagan era. And I say that Reagan era did eight years of his presidency. One song that stands out is a song that was co written or so co written by Curb and Reagan and now Lee Greenwley. Mark Joseph, the producer of the film, came to me about two years ago and said, I think I have lyrics from Curb and Reagan that seemed to be what they wanted intended, and that is a song, and he played it for me. There was a little bit of recording of the two of them talking. I said, I cannot find a song here anywhere. I'll tell you what I'll do. I'll rewrite it, I'll make an original song. I'll give credit to Reagan and with the title start the World over Again. It is a single release from that second album this week.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And the movie was phenomenal, and I love that you were involved in that. We had a chance to go when it was in theaters and it was just an amazing film. And the music throughout the film was fantastic, And I love that not only is there an album with that music, but there's also an album inspired by the film. And again, this new song of yours start the world over again. This is a beautiful song. And when you set down to put this together? How long does it take for Lee Greenwood to create a song like this?
Speaker 3: About an hour?
Speaker 1: This would take my entire life. So I love that it takes about an hour. And how does that work? Do you hear the music first, you hear the words? Where do you start when you're putting a song together?
Speaker 3: Well, this was a little different than something I would have created out of the air. Lots of time, songwriters take things that they've seen or heard and create a song around it. If I drive by a billboard and I see a boobo that says, take care of your tree. If it's going to be about the trees, I would write about the lumber, I'd write about conservation and so forth, this song that I wrote, Start the World Over Again, I had to actually reflect on some of the lyrics that Curb and Reagan had came up with, and I wanted to make sure that I used my form of poetry, my form of writing to make it current today, but also reflect on the years of Ronald Reagan's presidency. And so I think I did a good job. You know, everybody I've played it for it seems to like it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. It is a beautiful song. And again, how many people get to say they co wrote a song with President Ronald Reagan and Mike Curb. I mean, that's pretty cool just to be able to do.
Speaker 3: That, right, Yeah, it's a little it's high cotton for me actually being a farmer from California. Now, I've had a great career, no doubt about it. But I you know, the song God Bless the USA, which now has lived over four decades. Yeah, access kind of as an umbrella over my career. But it's not a parachute. And that's why I say that is because this Start the World Over Again proves my writing ability and my singing. I'll be eighty three next month next week, and I'm taking both my Sons to go, says with Hunting in South Dakota.
Speaker 2: Well, we're excited to have you come here.
Speaker 1: And again, I think it's just amazing that you are as busy as I'm sure you probably want to be. Every time I turn on the TV, I see Lee Gridwood is at this event. He's at that event, and you're out performing because people absolutely love what you inspire in them with your music. So thank you for doing what you do, sir, And.
Speaker 3: You're welcome, and you're right. I am the news an awful lot. I thank President Trump for keeping me in the news over the fast ten years or two. I'll be on Monday Night Football November third, singing for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I love that. That is fantastic. See I'm not a football guy, but I'll have to tune in now just to see you.
Speaker 3: It'll be covered live on ESPN.
Speaker 2: Very very nice.
Speaker 1: Well, Lee, thank you so much for doing what you do, and thank you again for taking the time to chat with us.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Thanks John, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again. Lee Greenwood right there and his new song is out right now. It's I'll start the world over again. Thank you so much for listening. To the John and Heidie.
Speaker 2: Show and Something you Should Know.
Speaker 1: Something you Should Know is brought to you by genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and silver guide now at Genesis gooldra dot com