Speaker 1: What a season for Landon Neck, making his major league debut, winning his first.
Speaker 2: Major League game, and being part of this.
Speaker 1: Dodger starting staff as they head into October, Landon, thanks a lot for the time.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I always love hopping on with you.
Speaker 1: Hey, Landon, I actually wanted to ask one of you guys. You're wearing a fifty to fifty O tawny shirt. The entire team has been wearing it ever since he accomplished that. In Miami you usually only see fans wear this shirt. But he must mean a lot more to this team for everybody to continue to wear this shirt.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, No, He's a.
Speaker 3: Heartbeat the lineup, absolutely, Like, just brings the energy every time I get out there right now, right now, He's so hot swinging it. Every time he gets on base, he's fired up. And so yeah, no, you can't help it but love the guy and want to support.
Speaker 1: Is there some sense with all the great players on this team all of you are looking to him to not only lead you on the field, but maybe emotionally.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, him and Mookie and Freddie and them. Of course they are like you look at them as kind of the leaders of this team. And so absolutely, you know, you look towards him as kind of the energy, the mindset you see him going in with out there where he's just ready to attack as soon as he gets in the box. So yeah, absolutely he is.
Speaker 2: He's just bringing the energy for US.
Speaker 1: Landon Dave Roberts said yesterday you are one of his four starting pitchers.
Speaker 2: For the NLDS. What does that mean to you? It means a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, obviously, I've been very excited over the course of the year. You know, it's been kind of back and forth between here and OKC and kind of just battling through things, trying to stay as consistent as possible, and so getting that kind of nod right there from him.
Speaker 2: Means a ton to me.
Speaker 3: And I'm just excited to contribute and towards our ultimate.
Speaker 2: Goal of World Series.
Speaker 1: Can you look back at where your season started and where it's going headed to the playoffs, do you feel like you're starting to get some traction to your season, some regularity to it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think kind of being able to get up here this last time and just kind of being able to settle in for the last month and kind of stick around up here and kind of get back into a normal routine instead of the kind of back and forth and starts moving around to kind of fit with the needs here and being able to just kind of have that consistency being part of the team and just getting to stay here. It's made everything feel a lot easier.
Speaker 2: Landed Neck is our guest.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the celebration of the NL West Championship. What was it like for you to be part of that, since you obviously have had a big part of this second half.
Speaker 2: It was surreal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the getting to be here and actually be around for when we clinch, get into pop bottles with these guys and kind of celebrate this entire season's where the work. I mean, it meant a ton to me. That was so much fun, kind of just getting in there and celebrating with everybody. It was just a moment I'll never forget. Kind of the first time pop and bottles up here.
Speaker 1: I'm sure you envisioned that the last few years watching this team do exactly what you were.
Speaker 2: A part of.
Speaker 1: To be part of it this time, do you feel like that's another box you've checked in your career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Guys, there's a lot of people who play baseball around this league that don't get to experience that for a long time if ever. And so getting to be a part of that my rookie year, getting able to kind of be able to come up here and experience popping bottles and celebrating inn nl WES championship, I mean is it is absolutely an amazing feeling and it's just something I definitely don't take for granted.
Speaker 1: During that celebration, Gavin Stone was in there twenty five starts, the most on the team. He pitched the most innings of any pitcher on this staff all year, unfortunately the shoulder injury.
Speaker 2: What was it like celebrating with him? It was great.
Speaker 3: I'm so glad he was able to be there, to be a part of that. He's been such a huge part of this team the entire year. Seeing the way he went out there and just took such a massive step forward established himself here this year. It was a lot of fun obviously coming up with Gavin, like it's somebody that like you want to see do well, you want to see succeed, and you just care about him, and so it's been It was awesome for him to be able to be there celebrate everything that he helped us accomplish this year because he was such a big part of it, and uh, and it.
Speaker 2: Was just great. Landon Neck is our guest.
Speaker 1: All right, before I let you go, we all saw it the standoff yesterday before the game after the national anthem Dodger fans, I have seen that before between Joe Kelly at the time a Cardinal and Scott Vance like a Dodger.
Speaker 2: How did that all come about? Did you arrange that? No?
Speaker 3: I actually had no plan of doing that at all. And then uh, the color guard here, I was gonna I just always wait for them to get off the field, and instead of they were starting behind second had to walk all the way to the left field corner and so it was taking a long time, and I just kind of half peeked over there their line and saw Freelan just eyeing me down. And so as soon as I saw him staring at me, I was like, well, I have to say, yes, I can't just not accept.
Speaker 2: That, like you're you're clearly challenging me. All right, let's do it. And uh so yeah that was fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean obviously UH hate that. Uh the umpire came to me first, of course, to get me out of there.
Speaker 2: But uh, that was that was fun.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was the rookie thing to do by the umpire right, not go to the veteran in his home ballpark, but to come to the rookie.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think he knew exactly what he was doing. He knew that he could.
Speaker 3: He could get the rookie a little bit more just like being with it, like hey, it's an ejection and some other stuff. If you don't get off, I'm like, ah, you're right, all right, I'll get i'll go, i'll go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so it was that.
Speaker 1: Was that was fun one, all right, Landed, thanks a lot, love seeing your personality and these type of games, and very happy for you to be part of this uh October roster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely can't wait