Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 2: Right, everyone clear their throats, all right, we are don't turn my mic on you, all right, let me know when.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm ready and we're on Good.
Speaker 3: Morning Ready for nine, the number one hit.
Speaker 2: Music station, Happy Wednesday, It's the JV Show. I'm Selena, Room, I'm Dad.
Speaker 4: Should we just jump right in? First talk back of the day.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Days, Happy hump Day. Hopefully you guys get your homp on. But I just wanted to leave a message. See if I was one of the creepiers that, you know, leave a little message for you guys, for you guys to get in. See guys could be like yay, so we'll have this message. Anyways, I'm just over here, not able to sleep, watching my kids sleep. Such a magical moment. Have a good day, guys, Hey.
Speaker 1: You have a good day. I can't. And then she called out everybody that likes to leave a first talk back, which I think is a great opportunity to bring something up to do you know these airwaves, get your message out of it. It's about anything. And she called them creepiers. Leave the message for the creep years. He doesn't want to get a message and feel special from.
Speaker 4: A creepyer or was she calling us that?
Speaker 1: No? I got the sense. Well, then I got also the sense that she was mocking us, like getting the message from the creepiers.
Speaker 3: Did we like her message? I liked her message. I liked her message.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that didn't really do it for me. I do want to address what she brought up at the start, you know, because happy Hope Day. You dropped one of those I mean hope day when I came in today and I thought we weren't doing that, but then she said, I hope you guys are getting your hump on today. Anybody think that is a hump day in your future?
Speaker 4: I wasn't planning on it, but I mean maybe I don't see why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jess, Probably not today? Yeah, Graham, I've been married more than ten years.
Speaker 4: It's not, oh Gram?
Speaker 3: Do you always say that?
Speaker 4: Don't make it seem like you don't ever get any and don't have any fun.
Speaker 1: Time I've been married more than ten years, we don't, okay, got it?
Speaker 3: Also?
Speaker 2: How did it go from so hot yesterday to freezing this morning?
Speaker 1: An over? I mean I looked at at least, you know, for NAPA and probably the same for a lot of inline areas around the Bay Area, an over twenty degree swing whenever your phone's like, tomorrow's going to be twenty four degrees cooler than it was today, and you're like, great, what am I reading this correctly? Yeah, it's like a high sixty today. Yesterday had to been well into the eighties.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hated it.
Speaker 1: It was roasting. My kid had a little league game and I was sweating. It was so hot. And of course we're on the side, our dugouts on the side, We're just staring into the sun, the entire shade. Oh my god, this is brutal. I'm not I'm ready for the heat. I don't want it. I don't want it.
Speaker 4: I wanted it until we got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get the taste of it.
Speaker 3: No, it reminded me of how hard it is to sleep when it's hot. I love.
Speaker 1: There's nothing better when the room's cold and you got a pile on some blankets and you get all cozy. It last and I'm kicking them all off our rooms.
Speaker 2: Same but then it's going to be cold today and I'm gonna be like, oh, it's too cold and windy.
Speaker 4: You just bring the sunback.
Speaker 1: No, I'm sticking with I. I take back everything I said about all the hot weather. I love summer.
Speaker 4: Team hot weather.
Speaker 3: Right now, I'm team I wanted to be perfect. I wanted to be nice and sunny during the day and then when it's time for bed, cool it down a little, you know, let me in my blanket.
Speaker 4: That would be nice.
Speaker 1: We yes, we got like normal spring weather. That's why we like spring and fall. You know fall weather can be like that. That's why we want some spring weather. Yeah, I don't want to go straight to summer.
Speaker 4: No, we skips right over spring.
Speaker 1: Seriously. The JV show on Wild ninety four nine Time four the four things you need a heads up on to start your day.
Speaker 4: Hippie Hill is canceled.
Speaker 1: A guess I saw that.
Speaker 2: Why so this is the second year in a row that you know, Golden Parks for twenty festivities canceled. Organizer's stagram is due to fundraising issues in that city. Budget cuts have created staffing issues.
Speaker 1: I think it's a bunch of stoner that run and they just can't get it together because they're too busy on their out Of.
Speaker 2: Course, thousands will still show up and smoke some of that.
Speaker 3: Sticky yicky yankee.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, but instead the city is gonna be holding a field day again called Peace, Love and Volo field Day with kickball and volleyball tournaments.
Speaker 1: We gotta go play, We gotta get stilled and go play kickball. Yes, I'm out, all right. Turns out the Miami Heat also had last night's games circled on their calendars because former teammate Jimmy Butler and the Warriors came to town and the Heat absolutely pounded the Warriors one twelve to eighty six. To be fair, the Warriors were without Steph Curry, who's still out injured, but the Heat held Jimmy Butler to just eleven points, and the fans there booth him whenever they got the chance. The Warriors now get a couple of days to rest. Their next game is Friday in New Orleans against the Pelicans.
Speaker 3: Nice winter is back, you guys. Temperatures will drop significantly compared to yesterday. Highs will be in the mid sixties. Light rain, showers and high winds are expected today and that will gradually increase over at night and in two Thursday.
Speaker 1: So be ready, hey, best, your day today is going to be a nine. Listen to this. An unexpected windfall may be coming your way. Take advantage of this cash flow surge. A lucrative opportunity offers interesting possibilities. Just remember to say yes.
Speaker 4: Oh say get you.
Speaker 1: The JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: Let's get to our cool or knot list who would like to kick us off?
Speaker 4: O me me me, me, me, me, me me me.
Speaker 1: Me me me me me me your buddy, come on you buddy?
Speaker 4: Fine?
Speaker 1: Yes, all right, what do you guys saying cool or not? Benny Hannah's they're opening two brand new Bay Area location at least say Hayward.
Speaker 4: Please say Hayward, Please say Hayward.
Speaker 1: One's in Salmonteo.
Speaker 4: Yes cool.
Speaker 1: And the other and this you might actually find cool, Slena because it's not in Hayward, but it's in Emoryville where that Chevyes was that iconic V on the water. The Hannas is going in there cool. I'm going cool too. That's the last time Benny Hannes opened a new location here. I never feels like forever ago. And now we're getting two of them. Yeah, yes, now, look, I don't want to besmirch the great name of Benny Hannes. But I've said this before on the show, and I've gotten food poisoning twice for Benny Hunters and I. And this is a testament to how much I how much everybody likes Benny Hunts. I would still happily go back.
Speaker 6: Wait.
Speaker 1: Wait, yeah, that place has gotten me. That place got me bad. The one in San Francisco. Oh, that one is still there. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if it is, just don't go back.
Speaker 1: I don't go to that one. There is something about a brand new space though. Look again, I don't want to besmirch the great name of Betty Honnes. But when you go to an older one and it's a little more run down, and look at the staff, they stop giving a damn like ten years ago. And when you look at the top of the light fixtures and stuff, like there's a layer of dust about I don't know, one or two inches thick. Yeah, and you're like, this place could use a little refresher. Now you go into a brand new one and it's going to be a game changer. Oh, it's gonna be nice and everything's you know, nice and clean. Less likely that I'm gonna get some cross contamination that's going to send me to the bathroom immediately before I've even finished my meal and h then send me into just like the next worst two days ever after that, sweating with my shirt off and just wanting to die. Well that's what happened last time.
Speaker 4: That was only at that one location. Just don't go back there.
Speaker 2: And how exciting Jesse, you live in Salmonitoestoes getting a new.
Speaker 3: I am here.
Speaker 1: I think very cool though, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Cool. What do you guys think about this?
Speaker 1: Cool or not?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 4: This part is obviously not cool for commuters.
Speaker 2: The VTA strike still going on, although we stand with the strikers, you know, they are better pay more respect and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: But cool or not. To try to ease some of.
Speaker 2: These troubles and how this has impacted writers VTA, they are giving away five dollars uber vouchers to anyone who would normally take VTA in the morning and hand.
Speaker 1: It was how far does five dollars get you?
Speaker 3: People?
Speaker 2: People are kind of mad that it's just not enough, but you can get you can get ten dollars a day, so like five going to work or school and then another five coming back.
Speaker 1: It is something.
Speaker 4: It's something.
Speaker 1: Appreciate the gesture, but five bucks doesn't. That's a non starter.
Speaker 3: Just hitting it it doesn't get anywhere so expensive nowadays it's crazy.
Speaker 4: I still think cool that they're doing something.
Speaker 3: Yes, something's better than nothing, right, But this is a VTA.
Speaker 1: Aren't we against them right now? Aren't they adversary?
Speaker 4: Not cool?
Speaker 1: But do better take that money?
Speaker 2: Give it to the worker for the commuters that are being affected.
Speaker 4: True, you know they're just innocent bystanders. Really, yeah, it's cool for them, I guess, But we're going not cool. So why I'm asking cool?
Speaker 1: It's now It'd be easier to say cool if it was for a higher amount.
Speaker 4: Okay, so actually covering cool.
Speaker 1: Better? Like free stuff? Not cool?
Speaker 3: Would you like to do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really quick? Cool or not? People who open the door just very slightly behind them when they walk out, knowing that there's people walking behind them, They have no care in the world. Just open it slightly for them, they leave, and then you're left to.
Speaker 8: Do I do that.
Speaker 1: I am actually okay, Wait, I look, I'm just basing off my own personal experience. The majority of time that a door is not held open for me, I feel like is a woman I just that's I don't know. Maybe you're used to having the door held for you, but you don't return the favorite to me.
Speaker 3: While I have seen a lot of women do this, I saw a guy do this yesterday at the gym.
Speaker 1: Guys are very guilty of it as well.
Speaker 3: Why do people do this?
Speaker 4: I always hold the door open for guilt people.
Speaker 1: I hold the door open for the imaginary person to walk through. I stand there and linger with my door, with my arm on the door for like longer than it should be. Even there's I can't but I always turn, don't You always turn and look back back. It's like maybe there was a person riding in my blind spot this whole time, and I I know they were there, and I'm gonna hold the door and I'm gonna turn back and look and make sure that I'm not about to slam the door in somebody's face. Most people don't do that. Their face is buried in their phone. And you know it's a slightly heavy door. They barely pull it open. They just squeak through, like slide through the crack of the door and just let it slam right in your face. And I'm like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: It makes me mad, But also I'm like, I mean, I know I shouldn't. I mean, they don't have to hold the door open for me, right, they don't have to do it, but it just feels like but they should.
Speaker 1: It's a common case.
Speaker 4: Everybody should do that.
Speaker 1: That takes no effort at all. Now let me ask this, at what distance away will you turn and look and see a person and know that they're coming and either decide to hold or not hold the door because there is a threshold. Is it thirty feet is it twenty feet? I don't know, because there are times where you do the look back and you know that person is coming. But I can't stand here all day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hold it.
Speaker 3: You hold it until they say it's okay, it's okay. If they're too far away, I.
Speaker 1: Think they don't notice their faces buried in their phone.
Speaker 4: If they don't notice and they're far away enough, then just go. I just leave them.
Speaker 2: But if you make eye contemn you have to stay. So that's why you never make eye contact.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, never mind. I love the door. I left the door go through the other day. It was too far though at the rate that this that they were walking, it would have I would have been staying there forever. But they look, Yeah, I think if you're outside of thirty feet sorry, somebody else will likely get an exit the door before I. You know, by the time I hold it there for the entire time, it's too long. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, there's a.
Speaker 2: Woman named Sarah who she had this She has this dog, right, she adopted a dog. The dog name is Rita, and she came home one day and found the dog lying on top of a pile of her dirty clothes, and she's like, Rita, get off of my clothes whatever. Then she goes through everything, she's starting anything out. She notices that all of her dirty underwear is missing because the dog ate all of her dirty underwear. And she was hoping the doggie would just like throw up the underwear because this has happened before. And what Rita did is just start throwing up the undies one after the other. Yeah, but this time there was no yaking going on. The underwear was stuck in there, and Rita started getting like like sick. She was thrown up, but not any sexy thongs goes to the vet. She had to have emergency surgery and had to have like some of her intestines removed and they had to like take the underwear out in steveny Ways left her with a thirteen thousand dollar bill, and Sarah says her first thought was to reach out to Kim Kardashian to see if, like, maybe Kim will find a solution, like maybe create an edible underwear line so.
Speaker 3: That this doesn't.
Speaker 1: I don't know this, why not just ask her to help cover your vet bills? Like, look, your skims are so delicious, my dog ate them.
Speaker 3: I think Kim did come out with like a little sexy candy bra or something she did, but that.
Speaker 4: Was like limited edition like Valentine's collection.
Speaker 1: For your dog on a day basis exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she'd actually did reach out to Kim Kay. I don't know if Kim has responded yet. I don't think she has. Graham, does your a dog eat your underwear?
Speaker 1: Hamdbone in her younger days, in her when she was a puppy, she never I don't think she ate the underwear, but she got into the laundry basket before and she ripped the crutch a lout of some of my wife's underwear, only your wife, but not yours that's right. What does that tell you? Well, I don't know. Yeah, And there would be like there would be like some strewn about the house and like torn up, and then Kate would be at work and I'd take a picture and be like, hope you didn't like any of these pairs because they've been destroyed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and skims are expensive. Yeah, so just on the underwear, she dropped a lot of money.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: My dog, well no, And when he was a puppy, he never he never got into the laundry. I guess it was never just accessible for him, so that didn't happen. I mean cheot up everything else. It would eat his own you know, dodoo, but uh not not my underwear.
Speaker 1: Hamdbone is still still rips up socks. Socks is her favorite. That's like her favorite toy, find the kids socks. Fine, if you leave a sock out, she's gonna find it and she's gonna ball it up and try to hide it in her mouth. But you know, she's got something. It's like a game. She just she thinks it's very funny. But then if you let her play with it long enough, she'll she'll eventually rip the sock apart. We've lost a lot of socks in our house. She hasn't wallom though, Oh just rips a big old hole in it, and then you've ruined it.
Speaker 2: And it's like you can't even be mad at them for doing stuff like that. Like they like the socks in the underwear because it smells like they're human, you know.
Speaker 1: I any hambone plays a game. It's like a thing to get attention. Like she knows she's not supposed to have that thing. She's got plenty, she's got plenty of toys and little stufftail and thinks she that she's allowed to rip up. She doesn't care. She wants to think that she's not supposed to have, which is somebody's sock, because.
Speaker 2: It's stinky and smells like you. And that's why they like the cratchell of the underwear. I looked it up.
Speaker 4: Well that part you leave a bunch of smell on that stuff.
Speaker 1: No, I agree. I think that's why that was happening.
Speaker 4: You see, they're attracted to it.
Speaker 1: But she'll take a clean sock, it doesn't matter, it doesn't need to be used. If you left your sock drawer open, she's taking the clean ones out.
Speaker 4: That's a little bit different and you don't deal cats, don't do this.
Speaker 1: No boring.
Speaker 3: She's in her hey, not too boring. She still plays with her little toys, but she leaves.
Speaker 4: Nothing exciting like eating underwear.
Speaker 1: Right, a crotch out of underwear?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you guys, nothing like that.
Speaker 1: Told you boring.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be funny if kim K or any other brand did come out with a line of edible underwear for dogs, would eating underwear that's edible?
Speaker 3: Jest?
Speaker 4: So my dog could eat it?
Speaker 5: Eating?
Speaker 1: Well, you mean wearing or you said eating. You said you feel weird about eating underwear that was made for your dog to eat. Yeah, I feel weird about that too.
Speaker 3: You weary underwear?
Speaker 1: Yes, and you guys know what I mean.
Speaker 4: It's give me a hard time.
Speaker 1: I would feel weird about you eating underwear there was about for dogs to eat. Yeah. The JV show on Wild ninety four.
Speaker 9: Nine, did you guys see the Outside Lands line up?
Speaker 10: It is so good?
Speaker 1: Makes it come back?
Speaker 4: You guys so good?
Speaker 3: Doja cat Tyler the creator Hosier.
Speaker 4: Doci and of course answer your question.
Speaker 3: Of course we've heard it.
Speaker 4: We're giving away tickets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we already, we already gave away a pair of three day tickets this morning, so yes, we have seen the lineup and yes it is very very good and it's gonna be a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Chance Yeah, be here for that.
Speaker 11: The Hottest.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know what's hot and music, movies, shows and the most talked about stay.
Speaker 2: In Okay, So, Sabrina Carpenter's team is a worried that she's gone too far with the sexiness at her shows. Like we've already heard about some parents complaining and being upset having their young daughters go see Sabrina in concert or you know, seeing her on social.
Speaker 4: Media or at award shows. But now there's a report from.
Speaker 2: The Daily Mail that says internally, people from her own team are starting to feel some type of way about the spicy content. Oh so, I guess there's fear that some of her sponsors will pull out or that this could affect future endorsements. They said, quote, you can show sexy without making it seem off putting, embarrassing and crude.
Speaker 4: The general consensus is that she's gone too far.
Speaker 2: So they're saying that Sabrina is stuck in this mindset that she has to be sexy to sell music and that she's become just this like hyper sexualized version of herself, and they they think that it's overshadowing her talent. They want it at some point soon have like a mini crisis intervention to decide how to approach this moving forward.
Speaker 3: I feel like they're blowing this up. I don't see Sabrina and I'm like, Wow, she's a sex symbol and I'm gonna go to her concert because she's gonna be like super sexy. I don't eat, that's not I don't think she's over sexualized. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't think that there is parents that go to her show and bring younger people to the show that they have anything, Yeah, but legitimate, Like they absolutely right, because like some of the stuff that we've seen and talked about that she's done on stage, it's like it's pretty risky.
Speaker 2: It is okay, Look, her performances are very risky. They can be very sexual. I mean we see her at award shows and she's like performing on a bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: So, yes, parents do go to her shows and they're up. They're upset and understandably so however, it's like, you have to know the artist you're taking your children to see. It's a very slippery slope. Sabrina is mid twenties. She she wants to solidify her place as an artist that makes music and performs for adults. Once you start catering to kids, you're stuck in that box and that's that's all you are. Then you can never make that transition. Or you can, but you're going to get a lot of backlash for it. Look at all the other pop staris You've done it before.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I guess your story is about that. They are looking into what they should do about it because there are sponsors that may want to move away from that. That's a sponsor's right right. They can say I don't want to be associated with this stuff if it keeps getting this risk ae and we don't. Our brand doesn't align with this, so shouldn't you. I mean, I think it's smart to have that discussion, like, hey, we may if we keep you know, pushing the envelope with what we do on this stage show, whether or not you think. I mean, just take your own kind of personal feelings about what she's doing, and you should know that if you go to her show. I mean, take that out of it. But a sponsor, a client can say, this doesn't align with our brand, and so I think it's very smart as an artist to get out in front of that and have a plan and go, Okay, maybe we should dial it back, or maybe we shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Who cares, you know, I think have the conversation. I mean, it would be stupid not to when there's so much money online. By the end of the day, she gets to decide, or I hope she gets to decide what kind of artist she wants to be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, all the sexy reds, you know, they're thriving right now, why can't Sabrina.
Speaker 1: The one thing that like she hasn't totally been able to decide though, is who her fan base is. Yeah, you don't get to pick that. And her fan base skews very young. Yeah, that's just sorry, that's who it is.
Speaker 2: And I think she I wonder if she's making it sexy on purpose to try to try to be like, uh, I kind of want an older audience, you know, to wear the lingerie being on stage.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like she's purposely trying to make it more sexy because I think even before we were like talking about her so much, she already had.
Speaker 4: That style of liking she's pushing the envelope tower on stage the other day.
Speaker 1: Do you got a urban dictionary? What that is?
Speaker 4: But that's one part of her show, Like that's not the.
Speaker 3: Whole two hours that she's performing.
Speaker 2: But she knows that's the part that's gonna that's gonna be to be all over the internet the next day.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it.
Speaker 1: I do. I mean, I don't have a problem with it. I have a problem bringing my you know, daughter when she's nine years old to it or whatever and don't.
Speaker 3: But yeah, because I think if you listen to the lyrics of her songs, they're not very clean either. So it's like if you're allowing your kids to listen to the lyrics and sing to them, then it's kind of the same thing.
Speaker 1: Is I get it? But we play it on our station and edited versions, and like we have a lot of young listeners, so like they like that, they like the sound of her music. They may not know everything it's about, but like her music appeals to that audience the sound.
Speaker 4: Of it does, right, I don't know, I don't know either, just don't take her to the show. Don't take your young kids to the shows.
Speaker 1: That wouldn't Graham, what do you have Takara and San Francisco offering free lunch for a month? You guys who doesn't like free food? Blah blah, They're gonna need your help solving a crime. Takyiazorro and San Francisco is gonna give you all kinds of free food every day for an entire month, but you got to help police catch whoever broke into their business. They have surveillance video of two thieves that broke in then use some tools. They stole an ATM and two safes that were in there. Those things had about ten thousand dollars in cash in them and the break in caused almost twenty five thousand dollars worth of damage to the restaurant. The owner of the Taka Takaria Zorro says they've been burglarized before and he was really frustrated that there were witnesses people walking by and saw stuff happened, and nobody called the police and didn't do anything. So he's hoping that this time the public will actually help them out and they can catch these people who sees a break in happening and just I'm just gonna go back to scrolling right. Oh wait, everybody, now we need to change that. You see something, you're supposed to say.
Speaker 4: Something, right, I'm not saying something to them.
Speaker 2: I mean, calling the police is one thing, but I'm not like involved, it's trying to stop them.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying that you Selena, all four foot nine are going to run in there nine rip the crowbar out of these thieves.
Speaker 4: YEA, clarify control something to show there's.
Speaker 1: Kind of something, say something. That's the essence of that slogan has been report something. Okay, if you see something, say something. That slogan was about reporting something.
Speaker 3: Relax.
Speaker 1: No, I'm just I thought we all knew that. We don't.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Is that it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That is the JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine.
Speaker 2: Before we gets to what the wave, we were actually just talking about Sabrina Carpenter. There's any report out this morning that her team, like internally, her team is getting worried about the uh, the sexiness on stage. They just feel like she's doing too much and they want to have like a mini crisis intervention, so like, talk to her about this.
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning. I just got to say, Sabrina Carpenter is so lame. She looks like a little kid trying to be sexy and dance around. I don't don't think she lets or she sets anyone's loins ablaze. Oh goodness, bye.
Speaker 1: Bye, oh God.
Speaker 3: That's your opinion.
Speaker 1: That is her opinion, and she is you know, she can choose what she wants to do on stage. But I was saying before, I think you do have to be aware of who your audience is and who you've brought along with you as an artist coming up, because she start with Disney, like she a Disney Springy Carpenter, Disney Race, so like you kind of have to be aware of like you know that your audiences younger or whatever. Maybe they don't want to see.
Speaker 6: That Good Morning JV show. So every almost every female artist will have one song where they have somebody on stage and they're doing things and it's like a sexy song, a sexy moment. So Janet Jackson has been doing this. And if you're telling me that kids are not going to her concert, no one has ever ever ever said anything about that. So I think they're just picking on Sabrina because she's younger and whatnot. So I mean, she's an adult.
Speaker 4: Kids go to Janna Jackson concerts, not even.
Speaker 3: Not currently right, but but it is a good point that people are kind of I mean, I get that Sabrina Carpenter is the one, you know, maybe a little bit more talked about because of this, but you see other artists like Tate McCrae. She also does a lot of dancing on stage. It could be seen as like it could be sexualized as well.
Speaker 1: Don't pray my girl, Tate McCray agree.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Sabrina she's gonna be the one that people come for more because just because she's the bigger artist at the moment. Right, all right, let's get to what the bleep. It's where you can win at this JV show. Chug Mug, you just got to be the first person to guess today's bleeped out word. As always, leave your guesses on the talkback mic on the new and improved iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: You guys ready for today's clip.
Speaker 1: Sure, I remember in high school I totally creamed this girl's Her parents are so mad at me.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't think this one's.
Speaker 1: Okay for the radio either. All right, think of it as we were just like Sabrina Carpenter, you're being too sexy. Shame on you.
Speaker 4: Well, think about what the bleep? It's always something clean, that's right, that's right, it is.
Speaker 1: This is a family show, you guys, think about what that bleeped out word could be. And then, like Selena said, whip out your iHeartRadio app and leave us to talk back there. Leave us your name and your city along with your guests, because we want to shout you out when you win. But you have to be the very first correct answer to win the JB Right, get those guesses in now. We're going to play some of them next the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, we're playing what the bleep?
Speaker 4: Where you can win this JV show.
Speaker 2: Chuggy Muggy just gotta be the first person I guess today's.
Speaker 3: Bleeped out word.
Speaker 4: Take a listen to today's clip in case you missed it.
Speaker 1: I remember in high school I totally creamed this girl's Her parents were so mad at me.
Speaker 4: Your sick gram.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't you be as a parent, Yes.
Speaker 4: Of course, I'd be.
Speaker 1: Some little punk kids.
Speaker 3: I don't have any clean guesses.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to your guys room for ifever. I want to leave a guess. You think you know what that bleeped out word is?
Speaker 2: Leave it on the unimproved iHeartRadio app using the talk back feature.
Speaker 5: Good Morning JV Show.
Speaker 9: This is great from Sam Bruno.
Speaker 5: I think the bleeps out word is car.
Speaker 1: Car. Then that's basically everybody's guest this morning. So we just wiped out like a million guesses. Everybody's guessing car. Very good guess, but that's not it.
Speaker 11: All right, Good Morning JV Show. This is David from and I really want to wonder chug. Welcome my sister Diana, so we don't have to keep on showing. And I think the beleefout word is desk who.
Speaker 3: It keep trying, keep trying, Morning Show. I think the blip out word is record.
Speaker 2: I have no idea strict married.
Speaker 1: Record, like you know, maybe some of the high school track and field records just totally creamed all those records.
Speaker 4: Like crushed it like beat that.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh okay, that's a great guest gues, but not the one we're looking for. Hey, if you think you know what that bleeped out word is leaving. Now on the talk back, Mike's going to play more of your guesses coming.
Speaker 1: Up the JV Show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 4: Day the JV Show. I'm Selena.
Speaker 1: I thought we weren't doing that.
Speaker 3: I don't know why I keep doing that.
Speaker 4: You started, you did it early this morning, and now I can't see.
Speaker 1: Because our security guard dropped a hump day on me. And now I thought we'd all agree. But that wasn't a thing email.
Speaker 2: I still got one now starting now got it no more just but it's kind of fun. All right, we're playing what the week We're all gonna do is be the first person to guest today's bleeped out word and you win this Chuggy Muggy all right, So if you missed today's clip, here it is.
Speaker 1: I remember in high school, I totally creamed this girl's Her parents were so mad at me. Yeah, especially your dad.
Speaker 4: All right, let's go to your guesses to the.
Speaker 11: Top back, Hey, j V Show, This is jeven from Hayward, and I think the leaf out word is bagel, Thank you have.
Speaker 4: A good day.
Speaker 1: And cream cheese.
Speaker 4: Great guess How nice of you to do that for her.
Speaker 1: That would be that would be nice, But yeah, I didn't do that.
Speaker 5: Good Morning JV Show. This is Emily from Aubrey, Texas. I'm a little bit late to the game. I'm just catching up, but I guess for the bleeped out word is bike?
Speaker 1: By now became a very popular guest after we eliminated car in the first round of guesses, a lot of people guess bike could Nope, right, show, this is.
Speaker 11: Leave.
Speaker 12: The bleeped out word today is locker. Gramso's old enough to have shared a locker in high school?
Speaker 2: Have a good day?
Speaker 1: Wow? That inspired? Okay, there was another popular guest locker and No, did you guys have a lockers in high schoo Yeah? Yeah, no we didn't.
Speaker 3: You did it?
Speaker 1: No, you had a gym locker just for changing for gym class, but like a regular locker to put your books and stuff in. No, we didn't have those. How old are you guys?
Speaker 4: Geez, wait, is that not a thing anymore?
Speaker 3: No, lockers are still a thing. What do you mean, Graham? How old are you?
Speaker 1: It sounds ancient. No. Lockers are like something that like your parents were getting stuffed into your dweeby parents were getting stuffed into like back in the fifties, in the sixties. I think it was a security thing.
Speaker 4: They didn't want people putting stuff in there, and.
Speaker 1: Any would carry everything around our backpacks, not locker, Nope.
Speaker 3: A dim shows just seen from hereward. I think the book out word is boyfriend, Like you creamed your boyfriend in sports?
Speaker 4: You guys fine in sports?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's not boyfriend of people guests, brother or boyfriend. That was a popular guest.
Speaker 4: Nobody guests got it this morning. Come on, people, all right, take a listen to today's clip. Unbelieved.
Speaker 1: Remember in high school I totally creamed this girl's mailbox. Her parents were so mad at me. Oh, it wasn't actually me, as a buddy of mine that was driving. He was the worst driver and just wiped out that mailbox, totally creamed it, flattened the thing, and yeah, parents not happy about that. I can't remember if we had to go help replace the thing or not. It wasn't me driving, though. Let the record show this is a tough.
Speaker 3: One, a tough one.
Speaker 4: Nobody got it.
Speaker 1: No, no chugg is mugget will be giveth today, but we'll do it again tomorrowrow with That's right right the JV show on Wild ninety four nine.
Speaker 2: All right, before we get to the JV shows, Yep, Nope. Game a lot of controversy this morning.
Speaker 4: Who knew about lockers?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I said I didn't have one in high school, and then you ladies looked at me like I was crazy, and then the talkbacks exploded.
Speaker 7: I good morning, This is Monica calling from San Diego, and I was just calling to comment on the locker situation.
Speaker 3: I went to three high.
Speaker 7: Schools and two of them did live Oak and Morgan Hill had lockers, and San Benito High and Hollister, so that's something I did experience. And when I went to the other high school that didn't have it, it sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think, okay, that's my takeaway because I've listened. Thank you ever really left to talk back this morning. You can't play them all because holy talkbacks about lockers and people are like, I don't care, but it seems like a lot of is it's just school dependent. Some schools had them, some didn't. We just had Jim lockers, We didn't have regular ones.
Speaker 13: All right, Well, someone who went to your high school, Graham, Well we had a talkback earlier from Amanda from Napa, and she was like, uh no, Graham, I went to high school in Napa and yes, we did have lockers, to which I said, that's just your truth, because at my high school we did not.
Speaker 14: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 4: So this is a follow up on the locker thing.
Speaker 7: And so of course I went to the better high school and Appa Vintage. But I think that you had to be a little bit privy because the parents had to purchase the lockers for their student.
Speaker 9: And so I'm sorry Graham that you.
Speaker 4: Didn't get to be involved in that. Oh Jurny Bernie, but I had a locker.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you had to have mommy and daddy pace.
Speaker 4: That's kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: That doesn't surprise me at all coming from Vintage high school bunch of little spoiled kids. Yeah, no, that wasn't an option you could. I remember at Napa Hide the better high school, you could back then you could get a doctor's note that.
Speaker 4: You can carry around the period I.
Speaker 1: Got scoliosis or something. I can't my kid can't carry around to have you backpack, and then you could have a locker. But the rest of us just loved the backpack.
Speaker 2: Wow, all right, let's let's stop a locker talk, all right, please, Josh, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing really well.
Speaker 4: I'm really excited to play this game. Yes, we're glad to hear that.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try to get you some Jonas Brothers tickets. Okay, but you have to win the yep, nope.
Speaker 1: Game.
Speaker 4: We're gonna ask you for trivia question. Just gotta get three correct into near yours. Okay, okay, here's question number one. What does the acronym TBD stand for.
Speaker 1: To be determined?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Easy, easy?
Speaker 1: All right? Question number two, Augusta National Golf Club is home to what iconic golf tournament starts a couple of weeks too? Is it the It's the Masters, the Masters, the tradition like no other. The Masters starts in a week or two?
Speaker 4: Question number three, how many sides does a rhombus have?
Speaker 14: Or yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, good one. I felt like I would have to think about that for a minute. All right, you need this last question? Question number four. What US city is known as the Big Easy? What the Big Easy?
Speaker 2: Big Easy?
Speaker 1: Don't be googling, Oh, Chicago is the Windy City? New Orleans is the Big Easy?
Speaker 2: Sang?
Speaker 3: Shut up? It was on the tip of your tog It was right there.
Speaker 4: No, this is sad. Josh, Joshi, Joshi. Can I call you Joshi, Josh boy, joshy boy. You were so close. Oh my god, you did not win the JV Show you nope, ca him so sorry.
Speaker 2: Listen, don't hang up. I'm gonna put you on hold. Jess is gonna pick up in the next room.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, oh no, all right, hang on, Graham.
Speaker 1: We got some shout out lots of people and my DM's as usual, got on and says, good morning, Graham. Want to see if you wish my daughter a happy birthday. Happy nineteenth birthday, Aliyah. That's Mom loves you so much. I'm so proud of your growth of the past year. Can't wait to celebrate you today. Thanks Greb. Love the JV Show. And of course who gives a fart? And that is from Mom Olga, so happy happy birthday and you who gives a far? Nineteen that's a big one. Another one here, hey, Graham, can you give my daughter Gianna a birthday shout out? She's turning ten. Peace out single day. We love you very much, wishing you the best birthday. Love Mom, dad sisters Valentina and Julyssa. So happy birthday there, Happy tenth birthday, Giannah fart Another one, high grahams wonder if you could give a special shout out to my god daughter Gianna on my behalf. Today is or tenth birthday. She listens to your guys show every morning our way to school, double digits, double the fun. Happy tenth birthday, Gigi, love always the Benitez family, So happy birthday, Joanna. Po use a fart? Another one here? Can you do me a favorite and do a birthday shout out to my granddaughter Gigi. I don't know if this is the same Gigi or not. And that's from her grandfather Peter, So happy birthday, gigou the fart. Another one, Hey Graham, Auntie sliding into your DMS, welcome in. Want to see if you can wish my nephew Iker a happy ninth birthday. His birthday is on the twenty seventh, but he's not gonna be going to school that day. We normally listen to you guys on our way to school. Thank you much in advance, and that is from Vanessa, So happy birthday, Iker. Well the farther one, Hello, Graham, can you please wish my daughter cut de la Cuttalaia a happy tenth birthday. We all love you guys so much. All right, so happy tenth birthday. They got to less well use the fart another one, Hey Graham, can you please send a birthday shout out to my niece. Happy seventh birthday, Alena Gutierras from Hayward. Sorry, this is from Hayward. Sorry about that. Hope today is as magical as you always have been. Love you so much, baby girl. That's from Tschevy, Uncle Chris, La Laja here and Jalen. So happy, very happy birthday Elena from Hayward. Who gives a fart. Yeah, that's a good point. Hottest please, it's.
Speaker 10: All the stuff you need to know what's hot in music, movies, shows, and the most talked about stories happening today in the bay.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Kim Kardashian will testify in the Paris robbery trial. Now remember back in twenty sixteen, she was bound and gagged at gunpoint in Paris while she was there for Paris Fashion Week, and she was held hostage as the robber is made off with ten million dollars in jewelry.
Speaker 4: We all remember that.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 2: In twenty twenty one, the case is ordered to go to trial after twelve people were indicted in connection with the robbery, and the trial is almost here, almost ten years later.
Speaker 4: It kicks off in May.
Speaker 1: It took so long?
Speaker 4: Good question. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Just they investigated for five years, the twelve people were indicted twenty twenty one, and now we're just getting around a trial time.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But now we're learning that Kim will be there in person and she will testify on the stand in front of everyone.
Speaker 1: It's going to drum up a lot of memories that must have been terrifying.
Speaker 2: I know May is going to be a good month for trial and tea because we have this trial as well as the Diddy trial that kicks off in May.
Speaker 4: Can't wait.
Speaker 1: Do you think let me just ask us about Kim Kardashian in that whole situation, do you think that she or maybe some of the other Kardashians or could give if they because think about everything she's got, She went through that, and then she's gone through a lot with Kanye and then you know, social media negative come all the stuff. Do you think she would trade being a celebrity because of all this negative stuff that she's gone through.
Speaker 4: Or no, I still made tons of money and I like being famous. Yeah, I think she likes being famous too much.
Speaker 3: That's what that's what she wanted to be all her life.
Speaker 1: I guess I just wonder when you're like being you're gagged in a hotel room with a gun pointed to your head, You're like, maybe being just like a normal wouldn't have been that bad after all. I don't know. I always wonder that if people like once they hit the little level of fame and then it's just NonStop negativity on social media, and I.
Speaker 2: Think a robbing your house and regret it a lot A lot of people would trade, you know, that the web life for just a regular normal one.
Speaker 4: Kim is not one of those people, but she's a mom.
Speaker 1: Like I wondered that about, Like you wanted to protect your kids and there's people constant you have to have security at all times because people are constantly There're people would line up to rob you at gunpoint, you know, like you're a target, and your kids become a target and they'll never have a normal life. And because you know, Mom's a billionaire, like I always wonder about that if they go oh man, would have been better just to think.
Speaker 3: Just because she has all the help in the world.
Speaker 4: Her kids are basically set or set the opportunities, right.
Speaker 1: But they but as a parent, you're not just looking for it like they're set financially. You're looking for like you want to raise a you know, a kid that's not going to have issues out.
Speaker 4: H I don't think about that, Corney. Yes, Corney.
Speaker 2: I think would trade her life for a regular or normal person's life and to raise her kids normally.
Speaker 4: Kim No interesting, Now, all right, So here's.
Speaker 2: How many people complain to the FCC about Kendrick Lamar's Super Bowl halftime show. It seems like so long ago that we watched that during halftime, but now we have the number of complaints. There were one hundred and twenty five, which, who gives a fart? That is like nothing compared to the one hundred and thirty three point five million people who watched the halftime show. So you know, one twenty five doesn't really put a in anything. But here's what people were upset about. People were upset about Kendrick having cuss words in his music, not that it aired on TV, so I don't understand being upset by that. People were mad that he only used black performers. He grabbed his crotch too much. There were at least ten complaints about him dissing Drake when person was upset that he used the focus Sorry, he used this moment to focus on a personal vendetta. Others were mad that he made false claims about Drake on stage, like these are clearly they were probably they probably came from Drake himself, right, somebody sitting there, Yeah, make a different accounts, huh. Somebody also complained about Serena Williams sea walking.
Speaker 4: And then there were.
Speaker 2: Also two complaints about Kanye's easy commercial that aired only in three markets in the country.
Speaker 1: That should have had just endless complaints about that commercial. That should have been the thing we heard. It was like Shakira, was it the Shakira halftime show? I mean they got way more Shakira.
Speaker 2: And Jalo in twenty twenty got more than thirteen hundred of CC complaints.
Speaker 4: Wow, so this like doesn't even scratch nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one hundred and twenty five. I think I think Kendrick's good. Yeah, Yeah, it's kind of bad Rihanna. By the way, if you care she performed last year. She had just over one hundred complaints.
Speaker 1: That's it. And she yeah, patted that. You know what, four months. I thought that would have gotten you know, at least five hundred and six hundred Karen's feathers, roughfuls just to call in.
Speaker 4: That's it. Interesting, Graham, what do you have?
Speaker 1: All right? No more Oakland a's playing at the Colisseum, or not even the Oakland As anymore. They're just the A's. They dropped the Oakland part. No more a's playing at the Colisseum. So a cricket team, you guys just said, hold my beer. They'd like to be playing there. We actually talked about this a while back when they were attempting to make this happen. There was just speculation about it. But there is an official announcement, according to reports coming today, the San Francisco Unicorns of Major League Cricket, that's the league that they play in. Not that many teams in that league, but they're gonna be playing nine total matches at the Colisseum this season. Those would be their home games and the opening game of the twenty twenty five Major League cricket season is going to be played at the Coliseum Colisseum on June twelfth against the Washington Freedom. So if you want to see some cricket happening at the Colisseum, market calendars for June to what huh what?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: You don't want to jes don't want to support them? I don guys, Ye, no, thanks, Wow.
Speaker 1: That was just I thought you guys were big cricket fans. You told me yeah. Oh anyway, So that's so their season opener on the twelfth, and they're also going to have home games on June fourteenth and fifteenth. Again, nine total matches for the Unicorns are there are going to be played at the Coliseum. So market calenders.
Speaker 4: Oh there you go.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety.
Speaker 15: Four nine, Good morning JV Show. I'm hoping that you guys can do a birthday shout out for my baby girl, Gracie. She turns eight today and I just want her to know that we love her very much, her mommy, buppy, sister, and two brothers, and we hope she has a wonderful day.
Speaker 11: Happy birthday, Gracy.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday, Hope.
Speaker 4: The other birthday who that's a great point.
Speaker 12: Morning JV Show met from San Jose. I just wanted to call in and see if you guys have checked out the new snow White movie yet. The hubs and I saw it last night, and I thought it was pretty good, a little long, but I don't get what people are giving it such bad reviews. I thought it was actually a decent movie and very much of Disney movie.
Speaker 1: So check it out if you haven't seen it, but be repaired just a bit long. Oh all right, That brings up a good point because I do want to hear from other people that have seen it, because.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of controversy.
Speaker 1: There's tons of controversies swirling around it. We had the two lead actresses in it seemed to be at odds with each other. There was controversy there. There was controversy about the use of you know, AI or whatever to generate the CGI, to generate the dwarves in there, and not use real actress because it is a live action film. People were upset about that it did forty three million dollars this past weekend and by all accounts and headlines, that's a flop, big flop for Disney. That very disappointing numbers. Matt there said that he thought it was very long. I slipped it up on hundred night minutes, so that.
Speaker 4: Doesn't seem too long. Let's it's two hours.
Speaker 1: It's not crazy long, but yeah, that is. It's a decently long movie for kids to sit through. So leave us a talkback if you've seen the movie and want to leave a review. I looked up the reviews online, you guys, and oh, they're going for four percent on Rotten Tomatoes, a two point three out of ten on IMDb, and a fifty out of one hundred on Metacritics. So those are all very disappointing numbers, and a lot of people wondering are those reviews just people trolling the movie over some of the different controversies that they may have been upset about and haven't actually seen it?
Speaker 2: Graham, do your kids have any interest in seeing this? I mine are a little bit too young, they don't really know the story, but yours are a bit older.
Speaker 1: They love Disney movies and if I told them we were going to the movie theater to see Snow White, they'd be super pumped. So I would like to hear from people. Have you brought your kids. Whatever. What do you guys think of the movie? I'd love to hear.
Speaker 3: I've heard the acting is not very good in it.
Speaker 1: Oh no, so there's that.
Speaker 3: I've heard that. And then if you're thinking snow White, like the true additional story, I've heard it has a bit of a twist to it. Yeah, it's different, which is I think part of the whole controversy because the main the lead actress, kept going on interviews saying yeah, like I wasn't a big fan of the original snow White, which kind of doesn't sit right with a lot of people because how are you going to be the starry Yeah are you bashing like the original?
Speaker 1: But this is like don't you want them to put a new twist on it? So it's not to keep it the same with the same exact story.
Speaker 2: If it's a live action, keep it the same for me and keep it this same interesting because that was the classic. Yeah, yeah, I don't switch up the ending. But yeah, I have not heard, not that I'm going to watch it or anything. I haven't heard good reviews about the acting itself. But you can leave us a talk back if you didn't see it, What did you think of it all right, So more controversy surrounding twenty three and me. Maybe you guys have heard that they are filing for bankruptcy. They are heading to court to sell off all of their assets.
Speaker 4: Now what does that mean for you?
Speaker 2: If you have, you know, given them your DNA samples and they have all of your information, and experts are warning that you want to get on there as soon as possible and delete all of your info because there is a risk that your DNA, all your info could be sold or transferred to somebody else.
Speaker 1: I was under the assumption that it already probably had. Doesn't it go to the National database CODIS or whatever they use? That's how like a lot of if you know, listen to a lot of true crime podcasts and they're busting people using DNA matches and stuff. That's because it's going into a database that law enforcement already has access to.
Speaker 2: I think probably, yeah, it makes sense that law enforcement would already have this information.
Speaker 3: But I mean, like like other companies to.
Speaker 2: Other companies, like to insurance companies and stuff like that. So you might be thinking, well, how could this affect you. One expert is saying that if a health insurance were to buy your DNA. They could then use the information to predict our health outcomes, and they could charge us different rates depending on our DNA what they already know about us. Plus, we don't know how this could be used in the future. As you know, technology is always evolving in advancing. Who knows ten years from now how they might.
Speaker 3: Be able to use their DNA.
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 4: So it's important now.
Speaker 2: They're saying anyone who's ever done this to get on there and delete your info, and.
Speaker 3: They do have that option, So go to your account settings. They have the option to delete your data, and they even have the option to allegedly destroy your genetic sample if you change your preference. It's worth a try.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I guess did you ever do this? I did an ancestry one. I think I got that as a gift and did it and found out that I'm just a million different things almost together, you know, like I think my grand everybody is. I think my grandma is lying to me about what she was. But yeah, I don't know. It is curious to see. I understand wanting it to not get out there, but I also feel like your DNA inevitably will be captured and you know, distributed in some in some way going forward, and that it'll become I think it's gonna be that piece of information is going to become harder and harder to protect, and the advancements and in DNA in use in evidence and other things like that is going to be. It's it's pretty incredible how they can now capture DNA.
Speaker 3: So you're not worried at all.
Speaker 1: I don't. I kind of think it's one of those things where it's inevitable. Like years ago, if you had told people that there's gonna be a street camera on every front door, on every front porch, and on every lamp post, and there's gonna be cameras monitored everywhere, people will be like, oh my god, we're going to be living in this. We have that your privacy is gone. Everywhere you go in public, there's a camera looking at you, and everybody has a camera in their poppet in their pocket, you know, so like that sort of.
Speaker 2: Something like your DNA just seems so like invasive, like it's so personal, like that's my.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's me.
Speaker 1: The technology that they're have that they're getting, that they're advancing now as far as capturing DNA, Like if I don't like it, they will have and do have. Not everybody has, you know, not every law enforcement agents have that. But like say you went in and robbed a bank, they can get DNA out of the air now. And like, granted you're they're going to be getting profiles for everybody that visited the bank that day, but they would be able to profile everybody that visit the bank that that's insane. You would have to be in a database for them to match that up with you. But again, I kind of feel like everybody at some point will be in said database. I just feel like we're headed that direction.
Speaker 4: So don't delete.
Speaker 1: So don't you touch, but like touch DNA and the DNA that's in the air around you from just breathing the fact that they can.
Speaker 4: I don't want people's DNA on me When I'm going to like it already, I'm going to store that's really gross in the air.
Speaker 3: Keep DNA. It goes going your way right.
Speaker 4: Discussing there is entanglementing Studio.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety nine.
Speaker 4: The JV Show, I'm Selena and I'm glad.
Speaker 2: We're just talking about that new Snow White live action remake considered a PLoP.
Speaker 4: At the box office. It was you know, came out last past weekend.
Speaker 3: Did anyone watch it?
Speaker 1: How was it all right? I saw a movie.
Speaker 8: To be honest, it's it's pretty standard as far as length, uh, you know, to any other movie. But really the acting is what really makes it seem even longer than it needs to be.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's just bad acting.
Speaker 14: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 14: But yeah, same ish story, I guess, same principle.
Speaker 1: But yeah, terrible acting. Thanks, Wow, that's not not good. The acting is make break a movie obviously, so bad acting. Nope.
Speaker 9: Hi, this is Lena from Sanuelve.
Speaker 8: I want to leave a comment on the.
Speaker 5: Snow White movie.
Speaker 14: It was an okay movie.
Speaker 1: I do recommend it.
Speaker 5: It is pretty long, but it is also a musical, so do you like musical?
Speaker 1: I recommend it thumbs up.
Speaker 4: You should have led with that. I'm out.
Speaker 1: That wasn't a very ringing endorsement. She says, I recommend it, but she also said it was an okay movie. It was long and a musical for those reasons, I'm out. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, a couple of new things, Graham, Oh, a couple of new things. Whoa, there's one of them. I got a new drive, I've got a new drop to play. Those just men to go, all right. I want to know what you guys think about the new shoe trend that is taking over right now. It is the extremely thin soled sneaker trend. Have you guys seen these shoes? Like Vans has got a pair coming out. There's some other companies that have already put out pairs, and like what you're used to seeing on it and say, a normal running shoe or just your normal everyday sneaker is like, that's some huge, chunky, thick sole, but it, you know, it has a sole, And these new ones they're paper thre thin. They're about as thin as just the tread, you know, like almost just the thin as the tread of a running shoe. And Vans got like I said, they have a new aversion coming out, and some other brands have put them out. Some very expensive shoe brands have put them out, and people are saying, this is the thing. What do you ladies think of the new things?
Speaker 3: I'm definitely in the opposite end of the spectrum. With this because I want the thicker Yeah, the platform ones, Yeah, I love them me too.
Speaker 4: That's where I'm at right now.
Speaker 1: These are not going to help you out height wise. So I guess if you like shoes with a thicker sole to you know, make yourself a pear slightly taller, that's not This is not going to help platform soles.
Speaker 2: Not to make me a pure taller. I don't care about that. I am HELLI short, That's fine.
Speaker 4: I don't mind that. I just like I just like the look.
Speaker 1: Got it? But what if this becomes the new trend? Remember when you know jeans were baggy, then they were skinny. Now I don't know what they are. What if shoes were hella thick and now shoes are hella thin.
Speaker 4: I take a minute.
Speaker 3: I'll be influenced eventually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it takes me a while to hop on a trend.
Speaker 1: Can we put a picture of these up on JB Morning Show? On our Instagram story? The Vans, I don't like them. Sneaker yeah, the one that's coming out there, the super low.
Speaker 3: Pro, super low Pro.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll look super low Pro. It's going low profile.
Speaker 4: There's another trend you want to talk about jess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, have you guys heard of la boo boos?
Speaker 1: Whatnot?
Speaker 4: What a lo boo boo?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: My kid fell down the other day and she got a little laboo boo. Yeah, she went to the nurse and they put a little labanda.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you guys a la boo boo. So people have been obsessed with these, and I did put up a picture Jamie Morning shows them out. They're like little key chains of kind of little monster stuffed animals and everyone is obsessed. Like it's hard to find them anywhere.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but these are stupid?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 16: It's not?
Speaker 1: It's not. It looks like a telotobby.
Speaker 3: They've been popular for a while now, but the craze is not stopping. It's only like getting bigger. I used to think these were kind of ugly at first, but you guys.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, dud do you have a laboo bo I don't, but I kind of want one. Now why are they named this?
Speaker 3: I don't know why they're named that, but a lot of like TikTok girlies are getting them and putting them on their purse. Uh as like a little keychain, a little a little charm.
Speaker 4: Absolutely not, you're not grady.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you're asking me a grown man, if I need a furry keychain, a stuffed animal and my keys, that's gonna be a hard note for me. I just some of these, like, you know, little crazes that we're gonna see. And maybe this is the new Stanley cup. That's a nice Stanley cups and then whatever.
Speaker 4: You understand that either it's a it's a cup, whatever.
Speaker 1: Was you know happened before that. They just come and go so quickly now and people are like waiting in lines and punching people and spending tons of money to get the thing, and eight months later nobody gives a damn.
Speaker 4: So the new things la boo boos and sold vans.
Speaker 1: I don't like theseel shoes.
Speaker 4: Check them out. JV Morning Show. We're getting us up on our Instagram story.
Speaker 2: Make sure you following us to a lot of what we talk about, where everything we talk about is right there on our Instagram story.
Speaker 1: The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine talking about La Boo Boos.
Speaker 14: Yep, oh my god, you guys, you're talking about La Boo Boos. Tell me why everybody and their mamas want one? You lighting up for forty minutes to one hour for a twenty dollars little key chain, and that people are reselling down for like forty to fifty dollars and you don't even know what you're gonna get. You got grown man fighting for little key chains. It's like Pokemon. Ridiculous.
Speaker 4: Man, Oh my god, let us be. I had no idea, but why, but why?
Speaker 1: And this thing cost him ten cents to make? And then you're paying twenty bucks for it or you're buying one on the on the resale market for even more. It's a fuck key chain. It's a stuffed animal. You like key chains?
Speaker 3: See I did it at first, but now I really want one. I just don't think I could get myself to pay that much for one Good.
Speaker 16: Morning Jamie's show as Ali for Fremont. I just want to hop onto This love Muvu thing has been going around and trending for a while now, I guess, and yes, a lot of kids want them on the backpack. I mean I drop off my boys to school every morning and a lot of these kids have some type of plushy hanging on to their backpack.
Speaker 4: I guess it's a thing. Oh my god, it's a thing, you guys, I just this stuff makes me just so sad.
Speaker 3: Just make why if it brings somebody joy.
Speaker 4: We got a d M from from Philip Lee, who we love. Uh.
Speaker 2: He said that one of the one of the ladies from Black Pink is like a big la boo boo fan, and so maybe that's what helped this so much popularity.
Speaker 1: I just the thing that makes me, just answer your question. The thing that makes me sad about this stuff and the Stanley Cup craze and the stuff. It's like we're we're punching each other and spending money in a time where like everything is so expensive and we're spending a hard earned dollars on something that we've been convinced that we have to have, And you know what I mean, It's just like, I don't know, prioritize the real things in your life.
Speaker 3: I just think the way I see it is specifically because with everything going on in the world, you kind of just want that one little thing that's gonna make you happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good way to look at it. What's with that?
Speaker 1: I get it? But when I zoom out big picture and people are actively fighting people in a target to try to get a Stanley cup or get one of these things. And I'm like, man, if only you put that same energy to fighting for the rights and things that are being stripped away from you right now in this country, they're happy, trust me, billionaires on these people. They're happy that you're distracted on your TikTok and fighting people for stuff that doesn't matter.
Speaker 17: Trust me, because in the morning, it's a Blenda Linda Happy Wednesday. Thet boo boos, oh my god, they are so ugly and annoying that they're so cute because now I hated them before, but my friend just saw me some, so me and my wife are going to get them to put clothes on them and little accessories.
Speaker 4: I can't wait.
Speaker 17: I help mine to all because there's a lot of fake ones. But also ground said talativ they have a talativly collection.
Speaker 1: Okay, god, teletubbies and then apparently they have a teletubby line.
Speaker 3: By the way, the fake la boo boos are people call them.
Speaker 4: Lafufos, laffoos.
Speaker 1: You don't want to be get taught with.
Speaker 3: Some people do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my god, it would be cute if you could like buy your leaboo Boo, a little Stanley.
Speaker 3: Or something, you know, I think that might be an option you can buy.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I kind of want one now.
Speaker 3: They're cute, Belinda. Melinda explained it perfectly, like they're so annoying that you want one, and they're so cute because they're so annoying.
Speaker 17: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Oh God, I'm easily influenced. You just said that you're not.
Speaker 2: You don't follow trends like we we talked about the thin sold vans. You just said, yeah, you're not easily influenced.
Speaker 4: Make up your mind.
Speaker 3: I am, which I said I was. I said I would be eventually influenced.
Speaker 1: If you have never seen a La Boo Boo, you can see a JAV Morning Show on our Instagram story, as well as the new shoe trend the very thing sold shoes.
Speaker 4: JV Morning Show the hottest thing.
Speaker 10: It's all the stuff you need to know.
Speaker 3: What's hot in music, movies.
Speaker 10: Shows, and the most talked about stories happening today.
Speaker 3: And trending is sponsored by Stanford Medicine Children's Health Access to Excellence.
Speaker 4: So Ben Affleck is opening up about his breakup with j Low.
Speaker 2: He's in the new issue of British GQ, and if you're wanting all the juicy details of the breakup, he didn't give it. He said, quote, there's a tendency to look at breakups and want to identify root causes or something. There is no scandal, no soap opera, no intrigue, there is no this is what happened. It's just a story about people trying to figure out their lives and relationships and ways that we all sort of normally do. Ben said that if you were to explain the ins and out to the breakup, it would probably just look like a couple's therapy session, Like, clearly this person has some issues. They have these issues together, and the reason he doesn't want to share that sort of stuff is because it's embarrassing and it's very vulnerable, which we know Ben Affleck just does not do. He even admitted in this interview that he and Jlo did have different approaches to celebrity life, that he is very more reserved and private than Jlo, but he says that was not the reason for their downfall. He said, quote, I think it's important to say that was not the cause of the major fracture. Okay, all right, Sometimes people just don't mesh together.
Speaker 4: Could it be that?
Speaker 14: Right?
Speaker 4: She's bossy, he's quiet.
Speaker 1: Like she's bossy, he's mad and he's mad, and then she's also mad all the time.
Speaker 4: Then just bad coupling.
Speaker 1: Guys, think it didn't work.
Speaker 2: You guys, there is some American Idol controversy brewing. People are upset that NEPO babies are being allowed to audition. You guys are watching idle right, No, religiously, Yeah that's what I thought.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: So on Sunday's episode, a nineteen year old named Lola came out to audition, and she brought out her mom and her aunt, Carly and Wendy Wilson, who I guess as in the nineties group Wilson Phillips.
Speaker 1: I love them. You don't know Wilson Phillips.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that was the name. Lola comes out, She's like, yeah, that's my mom and that's my aunt.
Speaker 2: So they auditioned together, like they literally sang that song together as a family before she sang a song solo. So then the judges on Idol they ultimately said yes to her, and a lot of viewers were so upset because just a couple of weeks before they had Brian from the Backstreet Boys on there his son auditioning, like these are supposed to be regular people getting a shot at stardom, not kids of celebrities, and people are pointing out this Lola girl like, yeah, she was good, but I mean, there's so many regular people that are better, right, that should have had that chance to audition.
Speaker 1: It seems like the judge is also probably heavily influenced by that, because you know, they know ahead of time who's about to step in there and which auditions and things they're going to air. And when you have some former celebrities, we'll you know, them step in there like that's pre arranged, this thing's all known, And then of course they're going to let them keep going.
Speaker 4: They're not going to deny them at that point because now it's a.
Speaker 2: Storyline, especially because they bring their famous parents in there with him. You're not going to say no in front of Brian from the Backshee Boys.
Speaker 1: Exactly. But perhaps American Idol has exhausted all the talent in the United States and now we have to go to the NEPO babies, right, maybe there's nobody else out there, you know, I am truly an amateur norm that wants to sing anymore. And if so, they're doing it on their TikTok and not.
Speaker 4: On That's true. That's actually a really good point.
Speaker 1: You get Fox Channel two? Is it on Fox Americano? Maybe seems like a Fox show, NBC, Fox show that it's got to be Fox. Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean neither research department, tell us quickly, what do you have? All right? As the VTA strike continues in its third week, today, the entire thing heading to court. This could be welcome news to commuters in the South Bay that rely on the VTA to get to and from work each day, but it might not be the resolution that workers want. That's because this afternoon a judge is going to review the entire thing, and the VTA is saying the workers union, the ATU, they actually have a no strike clause in their last collective bargaining agreement, so they agreed that the strike you can't do that, so their entire strike might be unlawful. That clause read quote. The terms of this agreement shall begin on March seventh, twenty twenty two, and continue through March third, twenty twenty five and from year to year thereafter, meaning sorry, you're not gonna be able to strike year to year thereafter. That part's a little vague. The ATU is arguing the language there contradictory and it's not actually the case. They are still going to continue fighting to get their workers a new deal. Now, two sides are going to go into Santa Clara County Superior Court today at one thirty. I have read from some lawyers and things that even though they're going to meet in court on Wednesday and a judge could ultimately render some sort of decision or influence things, we probably won't expect to see an immediate result of this like this. I don't think they're going to In other words, it's not going to go into this courtroom and probably get the judges say strikes over and then they all everybody goes back to work.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's not gonna happen like that.
Speaker 1: Not what's going to happen. But maybe this does spur some sort of the two sides to come together and get to a resolution. Yeah, because this is three weeks this is now going on. They deserve pay too long, pay them. Yeah, it's move forward.
Speaker 4: The writers need to get to work. You know that little five dollars uber voucher. It's not doing anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. What was the info there? If you were a regular writer, you can get from the VTA. They're given to five dollars a.
Speaker 2: Five dollars uber roucher. Apparently it'll only work if you're near a VTA station.
Speaker 4: I gotta go stand near there and then open the app something like that.
Speaker 2: I'm not really sure, but yeah, five dollars in the morning, five dollars an afternoon to get back home.
Speaker 1: And people are like, it's not enough, not quite enough to cover your whole trip.
Speaker 4: But it's all right. Next on the JV show, you're we're going back to our cooler not list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, American Idol ABC.
Speaker 4: Interesting, what did you say gram Fox?
Speaker 1: I thought it was a Fox show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, one of those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who knows. Maybe that's masked singer. It's alost too minutes, too many of them. Yeah. The JV Show on Wild ninety four nine, Good morning JV show, familiar. This is Eric from San Jose.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: And yeah, Corn not my birthday?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had to do with two finals.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 6: The school is based on a quarter system and I got two finals today, and yeah, my life is best at a bat luck.
Speaker 1: And I'm twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 4: I mosta so I sold us you guys, yeah twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And also most appointed is that nobody, Graham do me the honors?
Speaker 1: Who use the fun?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody's good official on so you get it? Who gives a fart?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 1: And yeah, you have finals on your birthday? I guess who doesn't give a far fart?
Speaker 4: None of using? But all right? Very cool and that officially kicks off? Are cool or not?
Speaker 7: Less?
Speaker 1: Graham?
Speaker 4: Would you like to throw something out?
Speaker 1: I would? What do you guys think cool or not? All these news outlets and headlines I see using the term hard launching for celebrities or anybody remotely famous when they're getting into a new relationship. I don't know if you guys noticed, but Tiger Woods he just hard launched.
Speaker 3: Did see that?
Speaker 1: This new relationship with so and so Trump? And then Jenna Jamison, she just hard launched post divorce a new relationship. Everybody's hard launching right now.
Speaker 4: I think it's cool.
Speaker 3: I'm here for it. Cool. But doesn't it just mean there's also soft launching? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I get it, but I kind of wonder they use it the way that I see it used. It's almost like they're just out out there throwing it in everybody's face, Like don't you start posting the person when you start dating them? Or do you have to like post a bunch of like very vague.
Speaker 3: Clue somebody too, And sometimes people don't post any clues. They just post when they are ready or like forget that it's a.
Speaker 1: Hard launch, which is hard launched, like I don't know it's to me, it's like getting over used.
Speaker 4: Anytime in the beginning of.
Speaker 2: My relationship, there was like there was definitely a soft launch and a hard launch because in the very very beginning I didn't post.
Speaker 3: His head, Yeah it has to be a soft launch, yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I would post me like holding his arm really, so just like leave everybody guessing, like, oh, who's who is it? Who is it? Finally you're like hard.
Speaker 3: Anybody care?
Speaker 4: Probably not, but it's still something I did.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just think people like way overthink it. Just like if you're dating someone and you're happy and you post it whatever, we don't need to be like it's a hard launch. Everybody. Everybody get to your battle station. It's a hard launch?
Speaker 3: But does it bother guys if a woman doesn't automatically post their face, like, does it bother them that we're just like cheers and it's just our hands or something like that.
Speaker 1: I would kind of think he might be ashamed of my face people to see it, because if.
Speaker 2: It were flipped, it would bother me. If my man is only soft launching me, I'm like, hello, why are you cropping my head.
Speaker 4: Out of a herd picture?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good That is a good point, Selena, Do you guys do you have to have I guess the hard launch talk to know that you guys are going to hard launch at the same time. You both have to turn your keys.
Speaker 3: No one person does it, just one? I think one person does it, then the other person eventually.
Speaker 1: But you have to hard launch back, right, because to Selena's point, if somebody is just posting and not your face, you would think, what they're not proud, They don't want to show me off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I need to be hard launched as.
Speaker 1: Well, right, But do you want to have to talk about the timing of the hard launch?
Speaker 3: But it's no longer a hard launch once you do it. If they already did it because then.
Speaker 4: Well, that's why you do it at the same time. That is what Graham's saying.
Speaker 2: There's a discussion beforehand, like on this day, we're hard launching at the same time.
Speaker 1: But if you guys have totally different friend groups and follower groups, it is it is a hard launch.
Speaker 4: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: If you launch on your right and back on Graham's side, it's hard launching things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I prefer the soft launch. I just well, it has to lead to a hard launch. You don't just soft launch forever.
Speaker 1: I'm lost. Just post the first in your dating. We don't need to too soon.
Speaker 4: That's the thing. That's the point of the soft launch.
Speaker 1: I prefer a medium launch.
Speaker 3: I'm not there yet, Okay, I'm just based on this conversation. I'm going to say not cool, Yeah, cool, very cool? Just do you have something yes?
Speaker 11: Cool or not?
Speaker 3: I like borderline blacked out Saturday night? You guys, it did not end well.
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's just say I had to I had to throw up.
Speaker 4: Wait where hold on? Start from the beginning?
Speaker 1: Yeah, where'd you go? How did it start?
Speaker 16: So?
Speaker 3: I went to a bar with my friends because you know, I was still my birthday celebration was still continuing.
Speaker 1: Like two weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Birthday months.
Speaker 3: Yeah, birthday month is still going strong. But went out with my friends, had one too many drinks.
Speaker 1: What were you drinking?
Speaker 3: I thought I was fine.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 3: They had a Pisces drink which I have no idea what it had in it. It wasn't very good, it was strong, but I drank it.
Speaker 1: It's fill a cup on the menu board, Like, hmm, what should I drink a Piscey's drink? They cry a lot. I'll take the No.
Speaker 3: Was like, I'm going to get to I'm gonna get to a Pisces drink. So I was like, yeah, thinks, So drank that. Then I had a lemon drop shot. Then I had an espresso martini.
Speaker 1: In your stomach.
Speaker 3: Before all that, I told you, guys, my friends have a thing for buzzball, so they had bought me a buzzball, which I chugged before we went into the bar.
Speaker 1: There you go, now we figured it out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess that's the reason why. After I thought I was fine though, and apparently I kept telling my boyfriend like.
Speaker 1: A buzz a buzz ball, a lemon drop, a cup full of tears and an espresso martini allach and try to find it. Yeah, they're salty, though the tears are.
Speaker 2: Say, so you're telling your boyfriend.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, I'm fine, I'm okay, Like I'm gonna be there you. He was there with me and he drove me home, so he wasn't drinking, so he was seeing like the monstrosity that I was becoming because apparently, like I'm already loud as it is, I have no like levels, no control levels in my brain of how loud I'm being just normally, so when I drink it gets even worse. So then apparently I just was being too loud. I was being like one of those one of those people who's at yes like that and just who's just being like the annoying person. I guess. So I the amount of like anxiety that I had afterwards of just knowing that there were things that I didn't remember.
Speaker 4: Get to the yaking part, you totally shack.
Speaker 1: Like where'd you yeck wait before you get to where you're at. There is something to be said about the anxiety when your person is stone cold sober and you're the blacked out one, Because if you're blacked out and your partner's really drunk. Then like it all it's sort of a wash. But when one and you know it's gonna have a very distinct memory of all the embarrassing stuff you're doing. There is Anxiety is a real thing.
Speaker 4: The worst.
Speaker 1: So all right, now get to the edge.
Speaker 3: Thank you so thankfully. It was like at home, but I have a thing of like not making it when you say.
Speaker 4: Home, is this your mom's house, because we're you were in Samataio.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I have a thing where like, if I can't make it to the toilet, I will throw up in the sink. And that's what happened, all.
Speaker 1: Of one foot away from the toilet.
Speaker 3: It was hard. I was in the bed and I was like, so, you're one.
Speaker 1: Of these feel that just has no idea it's gonna happen. I had a buddy like that, like you not like your mouth doesn't start watering uncontrollably, like the signs aren't there.
Speaker 3: I think I was like half asleep again. All I remember is I'm laying there and then I just feel like, yeah, I just put my hand over my head, try to run as fast as I can around the bed to the restroom did not make it through. It just I don't even want to, Like, I can't really remember exactly where to throw.
Speaker 1: Up Buzzball everywhere, Buzzball espresso our team.
Speaker 3: Like, I'm supposed to be getting my life together in my thirties and it's not happening.
Speaker 4: The worst thing you do is gonna black out.
Speaker 1: I log on, yack in a sink. Your thirties are going really well, this is going to be your decade.
Speaker 3: Are going strong.
Speaker 1: I'm going not cool, yeah, not too jazz The JV Show on Wild ninety four to nine