Speaker 1: The dynamic duo from Sunfast in with us here today, Trey staying out of trouble. Yeah, I'm asking for a friend because I know, I know, Okay, I know, Okay, we got a lots I just took a look at the weather forecast. I don't think we're going to be in mudfast mode. It looks like for Saturday and Sunday, sunshine and eighty two both days. On Friday, what do we got here? Clear skies and fifty six overnight, So it probably might want to bring a jacket when you're bringing everybody out on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Here you go.
Speaker 1: Now, see you can finally even bigger.
Speaker 2: Now we're so happy.
Speaker 3: I like the forecast.
Speaker 1: Oh very good, now, miss Tina. We've got a theme. It's called our Hometown Heroes, and this is really good.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: This is what they've been wanting to do for a while, and there's been talking to you how to do this and how they were going to present this. This is a kind of a celebration of all our hometown heroes from our military, our reservists, our firemen, our policemen, our doctors, our nurses, our teachers, you know, saying thank you for all that they do in our community.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll tell you what, it's going to be great and I am so looking forward to this. It is going to be a beautiful time. But we've got so many selections. Now I understand the number of booths have increased exponentially.
Speaker 4: They have, and you know, I'm really, you know, very glad about marketplace that's grown very big. We have some wonderful crafters and artisans that'll be in attendance this coming weekend.
Speaker 2: True artisans.
Speaker 4: We have woodworking, we have leather, we have pottery, we have you think about whatever out there, soap, lotions, all of it, and they're going to be there this weekend. We tremendous amount of people coming from all over, not just here, all over.
Speaker 2: We've got people as far as Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Wow. Now this is known as Oklahoma's biggest outdoor barbecue, but there's also a barbecue with craft and vendors and even a car show. Trey, Let's go the.
Speaker 3: Car car So the car show is going to be on Saturday morning, starts at eight am. It's gonna be up at the top of the hill by the play tower. Tri County Tech is offered to sponsor that again for us nice a group of students and one of their teachers out there, Duke Jefferson. So we're thankful for him and he does a lot of hard work.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: We're just asking twenty dollars an entree. Then the admission is free. So I mean, if you want to show off your car, you know, just pay the twenty bucks and you're there from eight am till three. That's right.
Speaker 4: You can go to our website Barbisville SunFest dot org and you can find the QR code there and just go ahead and scan it and get your inter fee.
Speaker 1: Now, this is more than just cars. This is trucks and bikes too. Yes, it's all of it.
Speaker 3: You know, old and vintage and wow, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a sparkler.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes it is.
Speaker 1: I'm liking that. Now we've got something for the kids, too, don't we.
Speaker 2: Oh, we do. We have the youth Fest.
Speaker 4: You youth Fest sponsored by Safar Smiles, and we have pony rides, and we have glow Fest.
Speaker 2: And let's not forget about our movies.
Speaker 1: Let's talk movies.
Speaker 4: Yes, kindergarten cop one night and the following night we have Incredibles two nice, so kids will have.
Speaker 2: A lot to do.
Speaker 4: I like watching them when they do the glow Fest one. They just get they do. They put the music on and they're out there just having a great time. And to see the smiles and see how being excited they get about just being laddered with cloak paint.
Speaker 2: It's just really cute.
Speaker 1: My gosh. I understand that Okam's going to have their dancer out.
Speaker 3: There there well yeh, the Native American hoop dancers Okay and music Their kids Best kicks off this week and so they'll be out there as part of one of their events, and they'll be at the band Shill on Saturday evening at seven. So it's going to be perfect, you know, like you said, Hi about what seventy five seventy eight. Yeah, man, that's perfect.
Speaker 1: That'll be just right now. When we talk about some of the things that are going on, the Bandshell is equally it's it's there are two great, big places there for congregate entertainment. You've got the main stage, which we'll get to a little bit. Yeah, that Bandshell there's always something.
Speaker 2: Going on exactly exactly.
Speaker 4: You know, bring your lawn chairs, come on out and get some food, sit down and enjoy the entertainment.
Speaker 2: If you're not shopping, enjoy the entertainment.
Speaker 1: You know what. That's kind of built in with that little rise that looks down into the bed.
Speaker 2: I like that, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: And it's gonna dry up. I think, oh yeah, no, it's it's not gonna be that bad to sit on the hill there.
Speaker 1: And we got some church things going on at the banch Ho. I know that get real ministries and the revelators are going to be there at twelve.
Speaker 3: Thirty, Yes, yes, sir, about twelve fifteen thirty. Yes, on Sunday.
Speaker 1: We got a church that's going on at the main stage.
Speaker 3: We do, yep. And that's gonna be put on by Barlsville Southern Baptist Church on Sunday at ten thirty am. They've invited some of the other local Baptist churches in town and they're going to have one big praise team and I believe a special guest speaker for the sermons. So but yeah, that's all gonna be main stage on Sunday at ten thirty. Of course we still go on from there. I know that we're going to have the first church in the Nazaren here in Bartlesville will be there. Uh, the Wilson's Chase Wilson and his dad Jason, and his brother Jackson, myself on the percussion. And I've also heard last night. I heard that Luke Christiansen will be joining joining us too on Sunday.
Speaker 1: He's been getting around a lot. He did Summer Fast and then he did the uh the good, the bad, the barbecue. Now he's gonna head out there to to Sunfist.
Speaker 3: That's what I wondered last night. So he's really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now we got food vendors, I understand.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: One of them is coming back.
Speaker 4: Yes, we we got the corn, the guy that does the corn coming back. I love that, So we have that when of course we have our turkey leg people. We've you got several others that are that are going to be there. So we're gonna have a nice wide variety of foods for everyone.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know ice cream and everything else.
Speaker 4: You know that fresh squeeze lemonade that you know that's perfect for you nice warm day when you walking around. Got to have that fresh squeeze lemonade. So we're gonna have a lot of really good food vendors out there.
Speaker 1: My gosh, this is gonna be awesome. Now we've got the big stage, the main stage entertainment. This is going to be two and a half days of good, big maybe three days of big.
Speaker 3: Stuff, yes sir, Yeah, three days of music and it all starts Friday at five o'clock on the main stage.
Speaker 1: Robbie Bell, this will be your first believe it or not, She's been around for a long time, but this is her first time at Sunfish, which is hard to get out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're excited. She's the one who plays music from like Janis Joplin, the Black Crows, I've seen Chris Stapleton, I mean you name it, or Creeden's Clearwater Revival as well.
Speaker 1: So yeah, if you if it's, if you know it's, she plays it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And also following her be Steve Sutherland and the Red Bud Bandits which they just played at Big Heart Day by last weekend, so there'll be at six thirty and then rounding it out Friday evening for us is one that we're really excited to have Tory Ray from Oklahoma City, so.
Speaker 1: Playing if folks, don't worry if you've not heard of toy. If you're out there, just go out there and take a listen, grab a seed, and enjoy, because you're gonna say, I knew we'll win.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: Probably within eighteen months to two years, she's probably gonna be big stup.
Speaker 3: It's going to be a high energy ninety minute show. I'm telling you a good rock and country there. She's got a good band back in the I'm.
Speaker 2: So looking forward to this lineup.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And then of course that's not at all Saturday morning, we were right back out there at eleven am Burrel Fish Community still drum band from a Watso we'll be here performing for us at eleven am. So a lot of people ask us every year is there going to be still drums? Yes, there is this year. And then at twelve thirty, is you Tom with your band, the Sons of Beaches.
Speaker 1: We might be stealing some of them steel drummers though. Yeah. Their mom is just stay a little alone.
Speaker 2: Sounds great, and we're gonna have.
Speaker 1: A lot of fun, and I'm gonna let the secret out right now. We're gonna have Robbie come back and do a couple of songs with us from the gap from Friday night, come back and do a.
Speaker 2: Couple of songs. Fantastic.
Speaker 1: There's a reason for it, but you'll find out that it's part of our birthday bash, creating us this because our band was birthed on that stage.
Speaker 2: Yes, I remember you say that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the first time I ever met her, rubber Wow. One of us had rehearsed, but we never met the drummer, and we did. Are you here for the show? Yeah? Good, nice meeting. You keep studying, okay, all right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it turned out to be really good last year, so we're excited to have you guys back again. And then at two pm there's another new band from Bartlesville, three guys that formed the band three Dads. So they're called Prairie Smoke.
Speaker 1: Now I'm staying around for this.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's gonna be you know, if you like Americano music, you know.
Speaker 1: You can make tens of dollars in Maricono music. I'm proved positive of that. But go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good. It's gonna be a good variety of stuff that I think people like to hear on an afternoon. Oh yeah, on Saturday. So and then following them at three point thirty is the Williamson family Pearl Grayson Company, which they have a CD that's just released and I'm sure they'll bring it with them to sell copies of. But they've got a six song EP.
Speaker 1: Old for Tree.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to this, Yes.
Speaker 3: And this bluegrass band they've played it. I've seen them at Silver Dollar City before. Of course, they played at SunFest for US three years ago when they first moved here. And then they've over got three too, Yeah, at an event called Family Bandfest. So that's a fun time there. So you're not gonna want to miss him. This Saturday at three thirty.
Speaker 1: Their big Favorites down in Sepulpa at the Kindley Gospel Barn as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've seen that too. Yeah, that's good. So and then who else we have five PM is uh, let it ride with Terry Melton. So that's gonna be nineties country favorites and our Sheriff Scotty Owen.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be doing a little song though for in homage to Sheriff Owen.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some prison blues, but go ahead.
Speaker 3: And then rounding it out at six point thirty is the Hydramatics blues band from Tulsa and at eight o'clock at eight pm.
Speaker 1: The Paul Benjamin Band High Energy again.
Speaker 3: Another high energy artist. Yeah, he's been in Tulsa staple. He's played here before for ok Mozart a few years back. So we're we're glad to have him back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and once again, you don't have to buy tickets to any of these shows. Books there, just walking, that's right, and come in with the right attitude that you're gonna have fun and by got you out. And on top of that, you can shop the marketplace, taking the car show on Saturday, let the kids watch the movies for free. And then also the glow Fast and everything that goes with Sunfast, including Sunshine this year.
Speaker 2: Yes, you believe this.
Speaker 1: We got a forecast. It's two years in a row. Right, it's looking very favorable at this time.
Speaker 4: That's right, and I'm looking forward to this. Let's not forget about the scavenger hunt.
Speaker 1: You know something. I'm glad you brought that up because people were asking me about that. They said, you know, hey, the next time the traning Teina come on, ask them about the scavenger because last year we had a blast.
Speaker 2: It's coming again.
Speaker 4: We're gonna have about twenty five of the Little sun sun Fest little faces in different booze. You're going to come into the park and as you cross that bridge, there's gonna be an information center right there where Robin is and you'll be able to pick up your little papers to fill them out. You'll put your name in a way for us to contact you. If you are a winner, you'll walk around find the little Sunshines, write the booth number down and then take it back to the information center and put it in the hopper so that we can draw on Saturday, and then.
Speaker 2: It will be cash prizes for that.
Speaker 4: So you'll want to find those twenty five little SunFest faces. No no age limit or everybody can participate. I encourage everyone to do it and you'll have a lot of fun. But you it'll be all over the park, so you got to walk around and find them.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: Yes, it really was.
Speaker 4: The kids loved it last year. They had a lot of fun doing it.
Speaker 1: They did, and that's why I wanted to make sure we got that in there that it's.
Speaker 4: All moms and dads and aunts and uncles and grandparents can participate as well as just for the kids.
Speaker 1: My goodness, sakes, and this year is year number forty. Yes, boy, there are people who are listening right now thinking, oh, it must be like twenty I know, it went really quick.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and seven was the twenty fifth anniversary.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was ten, I was ten. You were a kid. Yeah, so this is this is your your whole life?
Speaker 3: Has that been? I've been going to this man since swo thousands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, this is incredible. So make this a part of your family tradition. One Tina was just telling me that when you know your your kids were shipping around and walk going through here, and now all.
Speaker 2: Of a sudden, they're the adults.
Speaker 1: They're the adults, and they got the kids.
Speaker 4: And they're my oldest is the grandparent taking the new one to SunFest.
Speaker 1: So my gosh.
Speaker 4: So it's it's really neat to see that the generations, you know, come back and you know, be there and enjoy SunFest and you.
Speaker 1: Know something, Sooner Park is the most beautiful setting for this.
Speaker 2: It really is. It really is perfect. It is.
Speaker 4: It's a nice location, easy access. They're going to have a great time coming out and enjoying the entertainment, enjoying the you know, the food and the vendors. There's just so much to do, the movies and all that this is all done, and everybody that helps do this are all volunteers. So it's the community coming together to put this together for them and they come out and they enjoy it and it's fantastic to watch.
Speaker 1: My goodness, see it for yourself, folks. That is SunFest coming up. It's Friday.
Speaker 2: It's Friday. Is it time to start thinking about a new car? But the thought of dealing with a large dealership