Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning, and welcome, welcome, welcome. It's time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you dress, and then with the City of Dewey, we have Laurie hearing with us. How you doing, Louri?
Speaker 2: Hello Tom?
Speaker 1: Hey, warm enough for you?
Speaker 2: Oh so warm. I'm out in the baby suit taking a dip in the pond at the moment.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, bye, right, Okay, Well.
Speaker 2: At least I can call in and talk about just a little bit of something that's really important to us going on in Dewey.
Speaker 1: Let's do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, we are still going to talk about the Friends of Dewey Park. Yeah, the nonprofit that I'm part of. The first cool thing is, since I can't come in and show you the cool sign, we have a fundraiser going on with our local Simple Simons here in Dewey. Once a month we are going to She's going to donate one day the profits parsh portion of the prophets to the Friends of Dewey Park. Okay, so that's pretty cool. So it's the Simple Simon's here in Dewey, and like I said all day that that she'll donate part of the proceeds and say that we're having this Valentine's Day Fridays, so everybody go in, eat up some pizza and then help get this part going for all of us. So that's the cool part. That's the main thing we really wanted to talk about today to get that out on the radio that everybody showed up to Simple Simon's on Friday to help out to the park, but also wanted to talk about how we have a visit from Kristen Siefred from the ACS. It was to map out all the placement of all the toys that we're going to be putting in the park and you know, of course the flagpole, we're putting in all kinds of cool stuff. So she came in the other day and we had some a good time figuring out really really bringing it to an idea of what it's really going to look like and you know how it's going to come into fruition. We got the bathroom still going, those are up and we're getting ready to put the roof on, but thanks to this wonderful weather, so we're going to probably put a pause on that, but those that's going to be seen as most likely by the time Stray Cats in May. So you're telling me that, Rosie, so everybody will have a bathroom and maybe stay longer. So that was a pretty cool thing to hang out with her for a few hours and just get that visual of how the park's gonna win. But also we have raised the funds to purchase our twelve foot climbing and Activity tower. It's this cool tower that it's going to be for all kids, for the abilities that any kind of abilities. It's, like I said, twelve feet, which is way bigger than me. So I can't even even imagine how that's gonna look. But it does have you know, all kinds of cool, you know, fun parts to it, of course for all inclusive children and anybody of ages that can go on it. But what we really need to do, since we have that the funds that we raised enough for that, now we need to raise the funds to get this installed. And believe it or not, it's it's a pretty penny it's sixty thousand dollars. But I know that we can get that going with all kinds of fundraisings that we're doing and the help from the community to put this this wonderful park in that will really just bring it, bring all of Dewey back together right in the middle. So when we have more these events and stuff, you know it'll be especially with them. We have the food truck park going on. It's a lot of stuff going on in the park. And this is really weird calling you in, Tom, I know it is, but.
Speaker 1: You know, I can visualize how the park's will look here in just a few months, I really can, right.
Speaker 2: And especially with all the bricks that we have, you know, we're going to be adding those into the park that we're selling, you know, all the member of member of bricks, and especially in addition to a huge flagpole that we're putting in that is going to be cool because it'll also be our main focus for the tree lighting every Christmas month, so it'll be it's going to really work out. I just can't wait. We just we need a little more help to get that one huge piece up installed, and I think it'll just go from there.
Speaker 1: I think you're right. I think it is. Now how can people find out more about the Friends of Dewey Park and how can we get a hold of someone so we can write a check if we so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, we have a few places so We have the Facebook. We have Friends of Dewey Parks on Facebook. We also have a website Friends of Dewey Parks. We also have me. You can call me No, you can also call I believe. That's pretty much the best way to get a hold of is through the Facebook or the website and then go from there because then we can get you to the appropriate people.
Speaker 1: Well that sounds great. This is really Uh you got me thinking spring summer and having fun.
Speaker 2: And Dewey exactly. And then we also another perk. We brought back the splash the splash pad. Oh so he has a little A couple of years ago, during the drought, you know, we had a we had to take that out. But we have now brought it back in. So let's let's throw that some out. We will have a splash pad in Dewy.
Speaker 1: That is so cool now.
Speaker 2: I think that's gonna be pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Now if I want to get if I want to get a brick, you know, it's not a big deal. It's actually pretty easy to get that taken care of. Just find that on the Facebook and follow the links.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, we've updated everything to where make it even more easier to be able to get one of those bricks. For sure. Everything is updated and rolling the website and the Facebook.
Speaker 1: Well, this is just really cool. Now we're going to have to get you in here sometime a little bit later on, when the weather is a little bit more cooperative, we can talk a little bit more about what's going on in Dewey on top of the wonderful things that are happening with friends of Dewey Park. How's that sound?
Speaker 2: That sounds amazing. And I'll still be just as nervous, Tom, don't you worry. Oh my goodness. I appreciate you taking his time at least with the phone call, but really just want to get out the word that come on, everybody, come to Dewey eat pizza on Friday night at Simple Simons and help support your local community projects.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll have a little story on that on the website and on the Facebook page it we'll tell everybody about the event and that way you can go over it. And I talked about it amongst your friends and family, and then hey, little pizza goes a long way man exactly.
Speaker 2: And we're doing it once a month for the next year.
Speaker 1: I love this.
Speaker 2: I'll be doing this. I would love everybody to come in so we can just get this park going all right.
Speaker 1: Hey, Laurie, thank you for being with us today.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. Tommy, you have a great taste.
Speaker 1: Stay warm all right by now