Speaker 1: We are live from Dodgers Stadium on this Friday, November one, twenty twenty four, for the Dodgers World Series Championship celebration presented by Yamava. The parade was like no other we have seen here in Southern California. We've had parades for Dodgers in the eighties. We've had parades for the Showtime Lakers. We've had parades for the Kobe and Shaq Lakers of the early two thousands, the Kobe and Paul Gasol Lakers of the mid two thousands. We had parades for the La Kings winning their first NHL Stanley Cup titles in twenty twelve, in twenty fourteen. We even had a Rams parade in twenty twenty one. But there is nothing that compares to today and this Dodgers celebration of a World Series championship. For the first time in thirty six years, Dodger fans Dodger players able to come together and celebrate a World Series title.
Speaker 2: The parade was epic.
Speaker 1: Starting at Spring Street and City Hall with Mayor Bass kicking it off, it went one point two miles and ended at the La Public Central Library. What a parade it was. Millions in attendance. Let's head out to Blake trolley from KFI. He is on the scene in downtown La Blake. We talked earlier about the amount of people you were seen lining up this morning on the parade route right before it started.
Speaker 2: It was a scene like no other.
Speaker 3: And it continues to be a scene like no other as people still out of here. I mean, it's almost hard to imagine that this parade actually started here almost an hour ago and has since moved on, because there are still so many people surrounding Spring Street, many still rooting on the Dodgers, not saying such positive things about the Yankees. I don't think they're maybe being a little easier on the Yankees, given that they were able to pull this off in five games.
Speaker 1: You've covered a lot of events, news events, sporting events, political events. I imagine that has to be up there with one of the big ones. To see the community Blake coming together.
Speaker 2: It's not a division.
Speaker 1: It's not about arguing and getting after each other or covering a crime scene or something tragic. This is something that everybody in southern California, everybody in La has in common. The Dodgers were in a championship and see them come together like this is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: You absolutely saw the unity playing out here. And one of the things I should probably touch on it. We haven't talked about this, gether how far some of the people came here to cheer on the Dodgers. You know, LA is an interesting place. It's the kind of plate for a lot of people grow up and they move away for a lot of different reasons. And what you see is that with this World series when many came back, many from far areas. One of the women I was speaking with this morning, and she, by the way, was one of the first people here, so this wasn't about five this morning told me that she came down from It's Blake. She drove down stating with a family member in Riverside, got up at three this morning to make sure she had a good seat along the along the parade route.
Speaker 2: That is awesome. That is awesome.
Speaker 1: They have come from far, they have come from short, but they're here together celebrating this Dodgers championship. Blake, thank you so much for all your contributions today and your help here on a five to seven. The LA Sports really appreciate it absolutely all right there he goes Blake trolley from KFI AM six forty is bigger than sports.
Speaker 2: It's a news story.
Speaker 1: It's a celebration for this city together here in la As. They are now doing some in stadium fun and entertainment for the fans that are here. And it's near capacity already. As the buses make their way back to Dodger Stadium, David Vasse on bus number three of seven to seven different double decker buses that started here at Dodger Stadium went along the one ten Freeway and made their way to in front of City Hall, and if you're with us, it was awesome to hear David Vass describe the sea of people that they initially saw when they made their turn from along the one oh one and made that right turn onto Spring Street in front of the City Hall front entrance. The players all stood up. The players all couldn't believe what they were seeing as far as the amount of Dodger fans in front of them, packed on both sides. David Vasse on bus number three describing fans getting out of their cars on the one ten freeway the entrance in exit at Wiltshire and Sixth stopping just stopping, getting out of their cars and videoing on their cell phones and waving to the Dodgers players and coaches who were coming down the one ten Freeway from Dodgers Stadium briefly on the one ten and then back onto the city streets of LA to start that parade was truly something special. David was with the team as they motored up and left stadium at sunset, made a left to get on the one ten Freeway, and the fans that were surprised to see them going northbound on the one ten Freeway on the one ten Freeway south to see these caravan of cars coming was unbelievable, just unbelievable. We're seeing different members of the nineteen eighty eight World Series team now making their way here to the celebration on field.
Speaker 2: Mickey Hatcher is here.
Speaker 1: Sitting right next door to us is Steve Sachs, who, of course my broadcast partner on Saxon Kates in the AM on a five seventy l A Sports Let's head back out to Dodger Stadium. Actually the parade route, David Vase was shoey otani.
Speaker 2: When you've seen.
Speaker 4: All these fans, did you know, did you know how much you meant to this city.
Speaker 5: Come on, Matini, Tis Dan can find me, Tys Dan old sign the stone seem so a way disco.
Speaker 2: Stems.
Speaker 6: It's like going to kick on.
Speaker 2: That's what they'll say. It's been an incredible year. I'm so happy that I was able to contribute.
Speaker 7: The fans and everybody has been so welcoming.
Speaker 4: Did you ever think about taking your shirt off?
Speaker 2: Like kek.
Speaker 4: Congratulations, You're a pleasure to watch play the respect you have in How about your guy right here, Taoscar, do.
Speaker 2: Something, do something?
Speaker 4: World Champions Show, Heyltani and the Heart and Soul right there, Taoska Hernandez Hermanos since media day, Yeah, thank you all.
Speaker 1: Right there the you go sins media with show. Hey o Tani and of course ta Oscar Hernandez. Will Ireton is translator as well, and David just mentioned it the two of them. At media day at Camelback Ranch, t Oscar Hernandez, a new Dodger, signed a one year deal. He grabs the camera for Dodger Social media and makes the round behind the scenes look at what's happening at Camelback Ranch, and he immediately goes to another new Dodger show Hey Otani, and the two of them form an instant bond. Teoscar Hernandez Show Hey Otani, and that bond is continued during the season and now together on the same bus as the parade now makes its way back to Dodger Stadium, all seven double decker buses coming back to the ravine and a sellout crowd that is just ready to welcome them back. A Dodger Stadium full of fifty two thousand waiting for this caravan of buses to return.
Speaker 2: You can hear it. This isn't a game. This isn't Game two of the World Series.
Speaker 1: This is a celebration for the World Series champions on a Friday afternoon here in southern California, unbelievable afternoon.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being with.
Speaker 1: Us here on this exclusive coverage of a five seventy LA Sports iHeartRadio app presented by Yamava, also presented by Budwiser. This buds for you Bank of America, the official bank of the LA Dodgers, and Yuckolt, the probiotic drink of the Dodgers. David Vass making his way off the Dodger bus, one of seven that left here about an hour and a half ago, made its way to City Hall. Mayor baths kicked off the ceremony with the let's go Dodgers and a rain of streams that came down on the buses to kick off the parade, and again the sea of Dodger fans to celebrate this championship parade is unbelievable here in the stadium and along the parade route. And for those listening, the Dodgers wanted this. They wanted it bad. There are a lot of members of the Dodgers' twenty twenty World Series championship team that didn't get to have a parade. They weren't a to have it. And then there are Dodger players who aren't here. They're not allowed to have the parade in twenty twenty. Justin Turner comes to mind as a Dodger favorite forever Red turn two wasn't able to have a parade, but so big in twenty twenty with that championship team. The Dodger players and coaches that are still here in twenty twenty four, they wanted it.
Speaker 2: They wanted it bad.
Speaker 1: Here's Dave Roberts and others during the World Series when asked about what it would mean to have a parade.
Speaker 2: This is what it meant to have a parade. Take a listen. We deserve this.
Speaker 5: We've been playing really good baseball for a lot of years and twenty twenty and whatever, but they can't say a whole lot about it now.
Speaker 7: Not having that, you know, the fans really getting to enjoy it during the COVID year obviously, and not having that kind of you know, sucks. But you know, hopefully we can just get rid of the whole short season thing, you know, people not counting it. I get that taste out of our mouth.
Speaker 2: This is something I really wanted. I wanted this one.
Speaker 1: You know, there was guys that were here with me and twenty and you know, you hear some naysayers, and so we didn't get the parade that I've been talking about the last week.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of people that want to discredit twenty twenty, and I don't want to harp on this a lot, but it's so great to see the guys that are still here, from them DOC the players front office being able to finally silence the critics on this. Because every year has its challenges, everybody has the same playing field, This is.
Speaker 2: Way better than twenty twenty. This is a wow. It's incredible. Yeah, it's incredible. You can hear it.
Speaker 1: They wanted it, Dave Roberts, Walker, Bueller, Max Munci, these guys wanted a championship parade. To experience it, to di experience it with you, Dodger fans. As the Dodgers caravan, a double becker double decker bus is now making its way back inside to Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: They have come back up.
Speaker 1: They have just passed Stadium Way and they are making their way up the entrance on this southeast entrance of Dodger Stadium with a caravan of double des buses surrounded by LAPD motor officers as they escort them up back inside Dodger Stadium. Even Dodger fans not on the parade route, not inside Dodger Stadium, but along the entrance and exit of the one ten Freeway as they make their way back inside Dodger Stadium, fans running over to the buses to get close as possible and wave to their favorite Dodger player. A great day here in southern California, a great afternoon for Dodger fans. It's just halfway done, the parade was epic. The on field celebration we expect to be grand as well, as they are now waiting for him here at Dodger Stadium. A sold out crowd here at Dodger Stadium awaits the Dodger players.
Speaker 2: There is a.
Speaker 1: Circular stage just past second base in shallows center field where the podium set up. There's a banner across the back. There is a blue carpet that stretches from just behind second base all the way back to the center field wall. There's gonna be an eruption when these Dodger players make their way on the blue carpet into Dodger Stadium. Let's go back out as the players are still on the buses making their way back into Dodger Stadium. Let's go back out to Kirsten Watson, who is standing by with Miguel Rojas.
Speaker 6: Miguel, you're a World Series champion. You've got this incredible parade. How would you describe it?
Speaker 8: This is ah, this is all we wanna we wanna do throughout the whole year.
Speaker 2: We didn't think about this, but uh, this.
Speaker 8: Is one of the most special moments for this group of guys. Get to set every day with the fans. He says, so special because we.
Speaker 2: Didn't We didn't even in mind that this.
Speaker 8: Is possible when we talk about winning our Wars Wars Heatons champion and being the best team in the league. This is coming windows and and this is something that we want to remember for the for the rest of our life.
Speaker 2: And this is the most import part. Is this the fans that showed up. Could you have imagined how.
Speaker 6: Many fans are here today?
Speaker 5: And this is such an.
Speaker 2: Expected This is crazy.
Speaker 8: I didn't expect anything off today, but this is actually the best, the best thing that I've ever seen in my life, after seeing my two kids are born, because I mean, what we what we sacrifice, and what we need to be in this position and to be able to celebrate with the fans so close and actually like throw beers and champagne on them is the best part because they deserve it as much as we did, because they show up every single day, not just at your stadium, but they travel best of the whole fans in the world.
Speaker 6: You're wearing your Venezuelan flag to be a world champion from Venezuela.
Speaker 2: Describe that feeling in itself.
Speaker 8: Hey, I understand that I don't I don't represent just myself and my family and the organization. I represent the whole country. And I'm just so happy that I get the opportunity to bring every fan from Venezuela, because we I know, we have a lot, and this is especial for me, and.
Speaker 2: I'm glad that I have to represent everybody. Enjoyed this again, Jude, thank you, all right, thank you, Kirsten.
Speaker 1: There's Miguel Roja celebrating on the double decker bus as we are back here inside Dodger Stadium.
Speaker 2: A large crowd on.
Speaker 1: The field as dignitaries make their way backed out onto the field in preparation for this ceremony. The busses are heading back into Dodger Stadium. We've got a full house. It is packed here at Dodger Stadium, a capacity crowd getting ready to welcome back the heroes of the twenty twenty four World Series Championship.
Speaker 2: Team.
Speaker 1: Will take a quick break, we'll come back in ninety seconds with the on field celebration as it continues here at Dodgers Stadium. Tim Kats, David Vassay, hope you're enjoying it. As the Dodgers, our World Series champions and today a day to celebrate with all the Dodger fans. Tim Kate's backside Dodger Stadium. We are inside a celebration like no other for Dodger fans and Dodger players. As the twenty twenty four World Series Championship team has made its way back to Dodger Stadium. They are getting ready to get off the buses here at the Dodger Stadium parking lot and then head out to the field to join Dodger fans who are standing loud, proud, and they have showed up fifty two thousand plus here at Dodgers Stadium for a celebration for this Dodgers team. The parade is coming, gone over a mile long through downtown La, filled everywhere you looked with Dodger fans as they made their way from City Hall, First Street, Grand Avenue, Fifth Street, Fifth and Flower, so many fans. At one point they stopped the caravan at double decker buses so they can clear a path part the seas, so to speak of Dodger fans, to get them through so they can give back to Dodgers Stadium. And very cool to see on their way here and on their way back to Dodger Stadium, the route they take either on the one ten or going back along the one ten alongside of it, to see Dodger fans getting out of their cars, taking pictures, videos, waving and just having a great time celebrating this Dodger championship. We are live at Dodger Stadium. There is a circular blue stage just past second base. There is white chairs set up to the left, center and right of the circular stage at Dodger Stadium, and they are waiting for this Dodger team to come back and celebrate with them. All the Dodger fans on their feet here at Dodger Stadium, we expect to hear from dignitaries. I don't mean to pull back the curtain too much, but there's a good chance Ice Cube could be seen here at Dodger Stadium, as they may have seen him walk in just a short time ago and take his seat to the right of the stage here at Dodger Stadium. Again, just to see a Dodger fans outside along the parade route and even a greater number watching and listening, and certainly here at Dodger Stadium fifty two thousand on hand to watch this celebration. Kirston Watson, David Vesse doing a tremendous job inside the buses of the Dodger caravan that made its way along the parade route. Let's hear a little bit Kirsten Watson with Landon Neck, Austin Barnes, Joe Kelly from the double decker bus through the streets of la planning.
Speaker 6: This is going to be your first parade. What are you and a lot of these guys to be honest with, what are you looking forward to most about this experience?
Speaker 9: Really just to kind of see all the fans, how they react. I know, I know there's a couple million people. It sounds like already here waiting, and so I know, as starving as this city has been to have a parade, I'm just excited to actually be part of this.
Speaker 2: And just kind of feel the energy from them.
Speaker 6: So what has the last thirty six hours.
Speaker 2: Been like for you?
Speaker 9: Chaos? It has been between just the travel back, try and get any sort of sleep, but like really not getting any and then getting up for this. I guess that's been all the all the support reaching out from everybody that I've heard from.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just been just just a whirlwind, and I.
Speaker 9: Like still haven't even had a moment to really let it just sink in.
Speaker 2: But it's it's just been a it's been fun.
Speaker 6: Everyone's talks about just how special this group is. How would you describe it though, Oh, it's so special.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is just such a close team, such a fun group to be around, a resilient group, and so kind of getting to the mountaintop, getting to where we have been our goal has been all year and getting to actually experience this together, Like, this team.
Speaker 2: Is very special.
Speaker 6: Well, you've already won the world champion, but now you get celebrated. How excited are you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I can't wait for this. Enjoy every second? Land absolutely all right? Thank you. Kirsten there with Land and Neck.
Speaker 1: As the Dodgers make their way back to Dodger Stadium, it's a slow drive back through the parking lot, which is full. Dodger Stadium inside is packed Dodger Stadium fans here on their feet waiting for the team to come back and celebrate with them on the field again. A tremendous day and the day that Dodger fans and Dodger players have been waiting for this. Dodger organization has wanted to celebrate with Dodger fans. Even in twenty twenty, they wanted to celebrate, but just couldn't because of the conditions and scenarios in our country at that time. But here they are twenty twenty four, a much different scene and a scene that is so great with Dodger fans here at the stadium, on the streets of La Dodger Fever has been this way all month long through this World Series run for this Dodgers team. Let's head back out to Kirsten Watson. You just heard from Land and Neck catcher Austin Barnes, a young man out of Riverside. He's been a part of World Series runs before. In twenty twenty, he was on this World Series team, another Dodger player hoping to celebrate not only with friends and family here in southern California, but with you, the Dodger fans here at Dodger Stadium. Let's go back hereson Watson with Austin Barnes.
Speaker 6: Austin, you guys are finally getting your parade. When you look at what the last what twenty four to thirty six hours. How do you describe this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just crazy.
Speaker 10: Obviously, you know in twenty twenty, we didn't get to do this, and I think that's something that everybody's looking forward to, you know, just coming here, having nobody knows what to expect. Just know it's gonna be awesome and it's a great day.
Speaker 6: Think about just a parade here in Los Angeles. You're a southern California kid. How excited just are you for this moment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's something you dream of.
Speaker 10: You know, you see the you know when I was younger, you see the Lakers, see their thing, and you know, just to be able to be a part of it.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 10: I saw how when we won, the videos of the city people partying and stuff, so that was awesome.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be really cool.
Speaker 6: I get to share this with this group. Everyone's talked about how special this team has been. What has it been like?
Speaker 2: How do you describe?
Speaker 6: We could pick a word just looking at how this year went.
Speaker 2: Just we're just a really close group.
Speaker 10: You know. I think we started doing things together, started bonding a lot, and uh, I think he showed them. Everybody went out there and played for.
Speaker 2: You guys, just be a part of this moment. How specialis is for the whole Barnes family. My gosh, we're we're running on pure adrenaline right now.
Speaker 10: So we're super excited, excited to be able to share.
Speaker 2: With him and high Rosie excited.
Speaker 10: Say what's up, Dodger fans.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 2: Dodger fans? K okay, Austin, enjoy this? Thank you? All right.
Speaker 1: There's Karsen Watson with Austin Barnes as the Dodgers make their way back here to Dodgers Stadium, and they're just addressing the crowd here. Anthony Anderson the actor, getting fans excited like they needed to get more excited, like they needed to get even more amped up here. This place is rocking inside Dodger Stadium. Not a single person sitting down as they wait for the Dodger players to make their grand interest. We're gonna take a time out, we'll come back. We'll have the on field celebration for you as way your return. Tim Kats live at Dodger Stadium on this Friday afternoon. David Vassi exiting the buses with the Dodger players as they make their way back from the parade We'll have the on field celebration next right here on Amhi seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app