Speaker 1: Because fuck you, that's why is a founding member of the Odd Pods Media Network.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome to b FY tw episode three hundred and one. We successfully survived episode three hundred performing live in front of a theater audience in Colorado Springs, and now we're taking it easy, but we we also kind of wanted to do a b F y t W does Task Master post mortem? If you will? Yes, yes, exactly, if you died.
Speaker 3: So successful, though so successful.
Speaker 2: I dined on stage at least Once home, the whole rap rhyming thing still lives rent free in my head.
Speaker 4: I've removed it. It's gone.
Speaker 5: Urged drinking, so I forget it again anyway.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, so we've got we've brought the gang back together. Uh, there is one noticeable absence. Caroline, the actual eventual winner and champion of the series. Couldn't make it.
Speaker 6: So wowd couldn't make it. Couldn't make it, I mean, you know, and really sad that.
Speaker 2: She if she hears this, I'm so sorry your invitation was put in the mail. I don't know what happened. No, Caroline, we very much love you and please enjoy spending time with your family. But we wanted to get everybody back together and just relax. No games, no pressure, no stress, uh and just chill, hang out and talk about what happened, what happened, what happened on the place.
Speaker 6: We can safely discuss what happened, and and and no drudgments.
Speaker 2: Everything everything is.
Speaker 6: Everything's chill. No one's gonna yell this time, will they?
Speaker 1: No guarantees I want to. I'm gonna preferce it. This whole episode now is I don't remember pretty much.
Speaker 5: This legitimately might be Steve doesn't remember shit.
Speaker 1: Actually for me, I'm excited.
Speaker 7: Well, I learned that my memory is pretty terrible, and that's what let me down in many of the tasks. Like so of like the memory of someone much older than I am is the position I found myself in. So I also don't remember a ton of what we did, even just a few weeks ago.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll find out.
Speaker 2: So the video episodes, if I'm understanding Stevie's plans correctly, are going to be put up on YouTube on Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the first one's already ready to go for Monday.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the first one is going to go up on Monday. So by the time you're hearing this, you can actually go and watch the entire thing.
Speaker 1: And I rendered it in two K because I'm an ass.
Speaker 2: On accident.
Speaker 1: But now it's staying that way.
Speaker 2: Okay, K, First, why is this taking so long?
Speaker 5: It took like three hours ten.
Speaker 1: Percent of Like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, those case snobs can suck it. Yes, as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 7: You don't need to see us misunderstand a German person in super high definition.
Speaker 4: That's not that's not necessary.
Speaker 2: You kind of do.
Speaker 5: It's pretty awesome.
Speaker 8: I like my poor education streamed in high definition, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's still I still feel like that was the right one to start with. There's the right one to start with. Everybody failed across the board. It was hilarious. It's fantastic.
Speaker 8: You know what's funny is I do believe I have met her before, but it completely slipped my mind.
Speaker 4: Because you had an advantage joking, it didn't.
Speaker 2: Work advantage at all. He very clearly didn't didn't work out for him.
Speaker 8: The zero of five I help went an offender because she's like, he doesn't remember me, does he?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a great equalizer to start out with of just oh, everyone has done poorly. This is setting the stage.
Speaker 1: Same time, everybody was so impressive at everything, Like sit on the sidelines and watching everybody, like I'm like, I don't know how any of you passed any of those tasks, Like all of them, I wouldn't have gotten the point that I assisted Aaron with the Three Club's thing, and I had no idea what the hell was going on? And he said the magic fuck is he talking? I never because I didn't even see in the video of the thing popping up or anything either, no idea, And I tried helping him make the website, and I'm just like oblivious.
Speaker 6: That's why I can't wait to sit down and watch the whole thing is because like when when we were in it, I could sell two things that a each individual part, each individual component, whether it's just each individual competition or each of the individual things that we filmed respectively, we're all very very funny on their own, but like as a whole, the whole overarching thing felt so impressive, Like I really got the sense that, like, wow, Randolph has done such a great job of like of making this cohesive whole, Like I feel like this audience is getting a really good show.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I hope we all felt that way. Not to toot our own hones, birtlet, but but I just think the overall, the overall impression that I left is that this is a really impressive show. The laughs are not letting up. I felt really good about the whole thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree completely. It's pretty good in the rain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate the compliment. And I think it was largely because we all decided. I talked it over with Matt and Audra and Stevie and Augie, and I thought that we had enough tasks for either three decent shows or two really good ones, and we just eventually decided not to do matinee. We wanted to spend the time together instead, and I think that was a wise choice. The show has turned out better for it, and we got to have an insane game of blood on the clock tower.
Speaker 7: An unhinged game of blood on that Absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: It was one of my favorite experiences of the whole trip. Was just how crazy that game was.
Speaker 7: Hey, I love all of you, It wasn't one of my favorite experiences. Immediately murdered just for telling the God's honest truth of it all.
Speaker 2: It made you feel snitches get stitches. Sorry.
Speaker 1: I tried to save people and everybody I tried saving like it wasn't the first I was like, every everybody died.
Speaker 8: I'm pretty sure it wasn't either one that did that to you, Matt, and then I kill.
Speaker 5: You, like, yeah, I think, to be fair, you were the biggest threat in that moment.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I painted a target on my back immediately.
Speaker 2: But no, that was Yeah.
Speaker 8: I used to play a game on Steam called Tana Salem that played very similar to it if you played Werewolf or like that, very similar to that as well. So I had an idea what I needed to do, but I had no freaking idea what was going on.
Speaker 2: And I sucked at the whole.
Speaker 5: Oh by the way, yeah yeah I'm this. Oh by the way, I'm not really this. I can't do the lying thing.
Speaker 2: I laughed too much.
Speaker 6: I tried to describe it to my daughter because and she was like, oh, so like Werewolf and I'm like huh yeah, and then like oh yeah, no, that's what people said that it was like Werewolf.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, I you know, I get into especially in like a social game like that, I can easily get into a headspace where I'm just like, I don't know what the fuck I'm doing. Uh, you know, I can just be a delightful agent of chaos here, and I'm cool with that.
Speaker 2: He yes, that's true, that's true.
Speaker 9: I got agro but immediately and so the little delightful agent of chaos I have so much respect for because I was like, but who are we voting for?
Speaker 6: No, that's how I could tell that, Like Audra, either you were like I that's I got the real sense that you were not being deceptive. And I was like, no, no, no, she's clearly in this to win it.
Speaker 10: And as her best friend, I was like, yeah, this this freaking tracks.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is just playing any game.
Speaker 10: Playing agro MAT's getting frustrated immediately gets tarted.
Speaker 11: It was very It played out very since christ was really quiet, the four of us in the corner that we're familiar. I was like this, Yeah, this is playing out just about it as I.
Speaker 10: Thought it would.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this game night.
Speaker 8: That's more true than you know, because it didn't play out like exactly how it played out for everyone. Because the very first thing that happened was he told he said out loud that I was the bad guy.
Speaker 12: I was right at the beginning.
Speaker 2: He said it.
Speaker 8: He called me out, and that happens every time, Like we played Secret Hitler, and that happened literally the first time I ever played Secret Hitler.
Speaker 2: Like he's al.
Speaker 1: And all you people believe his innocent face.
Speaker 2: But it's a tiny mustache. It gives him away every time.
Speaker 8: Ye yeah, I trimmed it, so I gotta let it grow again.
Speaker 6: Anyways, See, you guys look very cozy in there. You look like you're like wearing a blanket, like a it's a poncho, it's a it's a slanket.
Speaker 1: It's like yeah, yeah, sweat. It's like seventy two in here. It's kind of nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: I was telling Aaron, Uh, what was it last week that I was redoing the studio to put it all back together again from the trip and to make them go crazy. I shifted everything in here one inch that way, like everything, Yeah, it's one like the desk is. I took it out like I got the drines during the screw driver impact driver took it all off the wall and moved it.
Speaker 2: That's the real reason I didn't show today because it would have driven me mad. I lost my damn mind just shaking in place. This is wrong? This is wrong? Is it all wrong?
Speaker 4: Identify the ten things that have changed.
Speaker 5: Your time starts Now there's a more than ten things.
Speaker 2: I am waiting for my come up, and so I will gladly accept it. That's gonna happen. It's due. Yeah. The number one comment I've gotten from everybody who's either listened to the episodes that are already out or who was there was you're a devious pastures And I was just trying to match the show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and you did do that.
Speaker 2: I was doing my best to make challenging but still funny tasks that that challenge people's ingenuity and creativity. But also I had to throw in a couple Dick moves because that's what they do, That's what Alex Horn does. So I was doing my best.
Speaker 9: It's consistent with the format.
Speaker 2: To put the answers in plain sight sometimes and the pleased three of Heart's thing was probably the most evil bit. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, and you're wearing the shirt right now, which I am because I can wear it.
Speaker 2: I can now, and these shirts are so comfortable, like they're they're fantastic shirts. So I want to wear them.
Speaker 6: I also wanted to come dressed for the occasion.
Speaker 2: Very kind for yes sharing this with me, very kind. Yeah. Yeah. This was one of those where I had the idea in like January or February, and I'm like, I gotta get to work on it now if I'm gonna have everything ready in time. So, like I had it way back at the start of the year, I was like, I'm going to do I'm going to do like three tacks that mix together into one sort of mental nightmare, because I knew I would need to be wearing the shirt otherwise it wouldn't work. Like you know, I if I if I put an image up on screen instead of just wearing it, it would have given the whole thing away right away. So I was like, let's let's just have shirts made, and so I did, and he gave me two of them, this one and a red one, which the red one kind of blurred out some of the stuff. It was harder, it was harder to see the icons. So I had to wear the white shirt for every contestant. But I still wear the red one because it's damn comfortable.
Speaker 6: But that's I probably I think I mentioned to all of you at some point that like trying to explain to my wife what we were doing it just for so she just couldn't process, like, wait, so it's a podcast, what what do you huh? And so like the best explanation I can give is that like it was like attending a live recording of the ship of the actual show, like everything about the way you produced it, everything, like like you got the music, the sound, just just everything. I feel like we gave those audiences the closest thing to being live in a real taping of task Master.
Speaker 2: Yeah at least, Yeah, outside of all the things I forgot, which was legion Ander, I was so sorry that I neglected this. To get you credit. At the very end of the show, Jen had to do it, Like in mid clap, Jen was like a task mastery there going fuck fuck I forgot, fuck fuck fuck.
Speaker 9: I had been for two shows three. That was my third because I had done Thursday, Friday, Saturday shows and so that was my third night of shows. Since I was like, no, we can stop perceiving me. That's fop.
Speaker 5: We don't need to perceive me. But I do.
Speaker 2: Appreciate and appreciate it. Well, I wanted to give you your what do they call them your honors? Flowers thank you.
Speaker 11: Which I don't full state honors, Yeah, and flowers like what top five four?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's about it.
Speaker 6: Daisy's daffodils. I think that's all the flowers.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've hit them all.
Speaker 2: Jen. Has there been any correspondence between you and the sheep?
Speaker 11: No, unfortunately, And it literally I we were like, should we go to Scotland and see the sheep?
Speaker 2: That's a big step.
Speaker 10: We're not listen.
Speaker 11: A light breeze could blow and we would be like, oh no, we're on flight's gone.
Speaker 10: It's not hard. Her picture is on my card tree.
Speaker 11: I like putting up Christmas cards on the tree to display them, and her face is prominently on the tree. But no, Yeah, that was it was like so funny because I was like, this is not the first time this has happened. But like you're in the like truly in the mindset of like I'm meant to be like paying attention to the audience and paying attention to what's going on on stage and what's on this like everyone's talking. I'm trying to like stay alert to a joke that I could throw in there, like if I'm being like all of these things you're like you're on and then Matt.
Speaker 10: Did that and my brain stopped, like.
Speaker 11: Fully went out of the like you're in production performance mode and was just like in real life again. And I was like, I don't, ah, yeah, sheep's distracting immediately.
Speaker 2: But the joy that erupted from you, like immediately, it was so wonderful. And not to spoil anything, but the reason I brought it up because the very last shot of the second night, as the credits are rolling and the audience is dispersing, is you walking up to Chris holding a picture of it just kind of because you're you're overwhelmed that I just it was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 10: It was adorable, amazing, been memorialized, yes.
Speaker 7: And I yeah, it was a really random happenstance that it worked out because I kind of thought, oh, that's the thing I would most like to give jen is is a sheet. But if we can't bring livestock into the theater.
Speaker 4: That much, it's just too much.
Speaker 7: Exactly, there's there's too much red tape. But I kind of thought, oh, well, sponsor adopt that's a thing. So it's like the idea of a sheep out there and I messaged my family to see if anyone was like close to a sheep, and my sister was like, oh, yeah, close.
Speaker 4: To a shape.
Speaker 10: That's the most proximity to a sheep, British.
Speaker 4: It could it could be a thing.
Speaker 2: What's your sheep vicinity?
Speaker 6: I mean I know a lot of sheep, I just don't feel particularly close to them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: My sister was like, well, this Friday, I'm going on a work away day to a farm. So it's like, oh, perfect, that's that's it. The very close to a sheep.
Speaker 2: Done, done, yo.
Speaker 6: Not for nothing. I literally just saw a friend of mine post that she is taking her family on a trip to Scotland because apparently her son is big into the Lochness monster. Right now, there's there, and she made there, here's the breeze. She made a point of saying like, by the way, this whole trip a week in Scotland costs half what it would have cost us to spend spending a weekend at Disney or Universal, So.
Speaker 2: I believe it. Yeah, physic Scotland, guys, This episode is brought to you by the Scotland Tourism for It Episode four hundred.
Speaker 3: Guys, why would you say why.
Speaker 2: Would you put that idea on s sheep master? He started all the tests involved. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll try. I'll pay Scotland.
Speaker 3: From what person?
Speaker 7: You need to go Australia right next to each other, stab their neighbors, their neighbors.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, keep going north, you're okay, cool, awesome.
Speaker 2: It's it's like video games. You eventually were setting a peer up on the bottom.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the world round, right, that's how it works.
Speaker 9: Yeah, technically, yes.
Speaker 7: We're currently recording a podcast, so I think we have to say it's flat. I think that's the rule.
Speaker 10: Take away are we obligated?
Speaker 9: Well, take away our podcast license.
Speaker 2: I want those fans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, we've got to get that Scotland money somehow.
Speaker 2: So it's true. Yeah, get the christ oh Man.
Speaker 5: On the other side.
Speaker 10: Hit them all, just go down.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go on tour.
Speaker 1: Guys. You guys already.
Speaker 4: You just got to believe in lizard people.
Speaker 9: That's all it takes.
Speaker 1: I mean, is it really that far fetched? Now?
Speaker 2: Everything the wrong kind of breeze.
Speaker 1: Everybody's favorite task.
Speaker 2: Was Oh, good question. I want to know.
Speaker 1: What's his favorite task? Shotgun?
Speaker 2: Go?
Speaker 6: Oh gosh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I could, like at least there was a lot though, is one okay, how about this?
Speaker 1: How about one from day one and one from day two? Would that work?
Speaker 2: I don't. That's even harder.
Speaker 7: That's that's even more difficult thinking on.
Speaker 10: Me remembering what happened day one and day too.
Speaker 7: I've got I've got one that I enjoyed watching and remembering the moment. Really enjoying was seeing everyone's movies that they made with the props.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that.
Speaker 7: Was like really exciting to see everyone kind of utilize all the different skills slash cats.
Speaker 1: For We kept talking about it, man, like luckily, I've got that video, like I can rewatch that scene over.
Speaker 2: And and and he was the only one. He was Caroline did this a little bit, but he was the only one who said, Okay, I want the first shot to look like this, and I want second shot to look like this. Like he literally like laid it out for me to to edit and and kind of directed it so to speak, and h and so his, I felt was the most kind of movie like the Caroline's was a close second, but I was literally just panning left and right, whereas he actually got up and moved the camera for each side of the thing.
Speaker 7: So I got two points, though two points to accurately recreated the scene from Paris Bila's Day Off apart from the music because of the licensing rights.
Speaker 4: Two points, okay, she had to give.
Speaker 2: She had to give Caroline four because of the difficulty, the sheer difficulty involved, and the fact that she pulled it off. I thought Caroline's movie was very well done in the end, and I don't I don't know that I would have agreed with putting Augie at five points simply because it was the Lord of the Rings flim, but he played the task mask mistresses, uh likes and dislikes, So yes, and part of the game, I.
Speaker 9: Think to air is human to not give a ship about your complaints is task master?
Speaker 12: Yes, yes, exactly as I that was one of my favorite I was gonna name that as one of my favorites to record because it was such a surprise after part one of that task find three thing, you know, find your three favorite.
Speaker 6: Objects, like like first thinking about that and then turning it all sideways and having to think, like, oh god, how do I first of all, what's my favorite movie? I don't even you know, that's going to take a think, and I loved your big favorite scene in favorite movie, and and honestly, the challenge of incorporating all that stuff it was one of my favorite things to do. And then seeing how differently everybody else did it was so fun.
Speaker 8: Honestly, I would rank myself much lower than everybody else, just because like, there's no way I was ever gonna do anything close to Dave's voice, and then with Matt and then Caroline with their choices, and then you did.
Speaker 5: The entire fucking it was fucking.
Speaker 2: Eleven rights. They both skill.
Speaker 10: Shit, it's the same.
Speaker 5: I'm surprised you remember that entire sequence.
Speaker 10: Oh I didn't.
Speaker 11: We had twenty minutes to prepare, so I went and put that scene on YouTube, watched it. I actually just threw away the piece of paper where I took bullet point, like this person did this, this person did this. Notes for myself and like we had recently watched it, so like I knew I could add libs and things, but yeah, it was like I had a shot list next to me that was like, Okay, this is what you need to do. And then yeah, it just felt very me to just like have that like exposition dump at the end, and I love that. I was like, I didn't give any like production creers. That's not like directing cues.
Speaker 10: That's not my brain. But it was like to be.
Speaker 11: Zoomed in a little bit and then for you to zoom out and like have me just do the like lord dump at the end.
Speaker 10: This is a good This was good. It was it was edited very well.
Speaker 4: Such a joy.
Speaker 1: It made a mission if possible makes sense to me.
Speaker 2: Uh, should we take a break? It's been about half an hour.
Speaker 9: Will you do that?
Speaker 6: I'm down, I'm tired.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just a quick one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll get up and stretch, We'll do exercises.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, well hold on, hold on, let's let's not go crazy here.
Speaker 6: Let's just take a few minutes.
Speaker 2: We'll play some ads and we'll be right.
Speaker 13: Back Streetings, Fellow nerds, it's Garrett your host of The Nodak Nerd, part of Odd Pods Media, the podcast where we explore the fast realms of geekdom, from the latest superhero flicks, the retro video games, and everything in between. We've got you covered. Join me for insightful reviews, hilarious discussion, and maybe even if you hated debates find the note act nerd wherever you listen to podcasts, Let's get nerdy.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back. It's time for the second part of our b F Y tw does task Master Episode three hundred post mortem and joining us now is our super special guest, Kristin Fie. Kristin, Hello, would have been here sooner, but my dumb ass forgot to send her the zoom link. So here we are.
Speaker 4: Fuck you Aaron, Yeah, I deserve that all.
Speaker 14: He kind of just said, you didn't want me here.
Speaker 2: Totally want you here. I'm happy to have you here. Kristen gets fifty points. Hi, Kristin, thank you for joining us. Christin joined us for the actual trip, med us down in Colorado Springs and got the airbnb with us and we all shared a house together for four days and it was lovely, an absolute blast.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it was a lot of fun to have everybody together and play some games, entertain go to some shows. It's a wonderful time.
Speaker 9: As possible.
Speaker 2: My favorite Kristin memory I think of the whole trip is drunken bomber Man.
Speaker 3: I had.
Speaker 2: I had a little I had a little games machine with four controllers, and like the very first night we all sat down and hooked it up to the TV and like one of the games that we wound up playing for a good length of time was bomber Man two for the Supernintendo.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: And Kristin and Jeremy were hilarious playing the game. I've never played it before. I left so hard you wouldn't know it. After a while. No, after a while, she became very deadly. I get attle competitive, but at first there were some some cell phones. To be sure, I'm just trying you call people on.
Speaker 6: Not not to digress too heavily, but I am super curious and soft plug Aaron. Was this one of your zeem's gaming custom builds or was this an off the shelf thing that you grabbed and were then? And what was the controller situation? Because that's the hardest thing for me, I find is like configuring four controllers for a quick game of bomber Man without requiring twenty minutes of setup. No, this was really My kids are like done.
Speaker 2: So this this was this was a custom build for anyone listening or doesn't know. I build computers and handheld gaming machines and all kinds. It's my it's my other hobby. Other than making games up to torture my friends with. And this was like a mini PC that I got for like one hundred and twenty bucks. It wasn't anything special. It had like an Intel in ninety seven I think, and it ran a lot of things okay. It struggled with PS two, but it seemed to handle game Cube okay. And I just kind of put it together as like a multi game thing that I could throw in a bag with four controllers and just go and for a Dave and for anyone curious about this. Although this really doesn't have anything to do with Taskmaster, but it's the trip, so it counts. I've been getting into these lately. These are game ser controllers. They're like they're like twenty five thirty bucks and they have hal effect sticks and the controllers are really genuinely high quality for the price. So and they are treated as you. Yeah, it comes with the USBC to USBA wire. It's not very long. I'm getting longer ones. But yeah, they're like twenty five thirty bucks. So if you want to if you wanted to build something like this that they're they're the ideal choice because they're not expensive and getting four of them won't break you. So yeah, I literally just took four of those, tossed them in a bag, and they they act as Microsoft three sixty controllers in Windows, so they just kind of automatically picked up in RetroArch and didn't have to do a lot of reconfiguring. I think the hardest part was setting it up for the four players in retro Arch, like getting the four player adapter included the thing. But once we.
Speaker 6: Figured that out, it was go, go go, and where can people find your game, your Zeam's gain zeam's custom gaming bills, And.
Speaker 2: Honestly, at this point I log for the end. At this point, I'd rather they didn't because I'm not going to be doing a lot of stuff for a while. I've not been able to do a lot of projects recently. Mostly that was due to the task Master trip. I spent a lot of time preparing for that. And you know, now computer parts are so expensive, like the cost of RAM has shot through the roof and it's only gonna get worse. So it's it's not really a cost effective idea to build anything at this point in time. So I'm probably not going to do a lot more. But if you are curious, Ziem's games on Facebook is literally the only place I don't post this stuff anywhere else, and I pretty much just do it just for my own entertainment, but other people have appreciated sharing my posts. So there you go. Rad complete and total digression from the point of the show and full disclosure.
Speaker 6: You were playing Super powmer Man two. Yes, all right, okay, largely agreed to be the best, but most of my experience is just with one, and so sometimes the extra options and weapons and things and two are like, oh, that's too much.
Speaker 2: Just four it was. It was for Hay's favorite favorite game on Supernintendo, so Play, so we played it a lot, and uh, you know, remembering him was a good portion of the reason for a lot of the stuff we did on this trip. The trophy was our first ever microphone from episode one. Stevie painted it gold, screwed it to a big wooden block, put a nice shiny plaque on the front, said Jorge Memorial Trophy. D F y t W does task Master three hundred here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Caroline.
Speaker 7: Can we talk about how it's not on actually, like it's not I know, we're joking about Okay, Like Caroline but the champion not being here. Not actually, I feel like that's the one person who should be here for the what we call him, the post morton.
Speaker 4: I want the champions.
Speaker 10: Is it a move you know.
Speaker 2: At the end of this game that would be shut.
Speaker 8: I mean Kristen showed up in the middle of this, so you never know at this point she could show up in that Like I heard you mother, the fuckers were talking about me.
Speaker 4: I would retract everything and grubble so fast.
Speaker 9: Yeah, immediately any ship I had spoken gone.
Speaker 4: No, that's that's her right, that's her privilege as champion.
Speaker 2: Yeah here, Yeah, with the rest of us, it makes sense.
Speaker 1: We're the ones to don't try to get the fame. I what okay, So did we get through everybody's favorite task in the first part for the most part or not really?
Speaker 2: I can't remember. Just Matt's really got a little distracted.
Speaker 1: Yeah it happens, squirrels whatnot?
Speaker 5: I mean a lot happened. But yeah, anyone else have a different favorite?
Speaker 8: Because my favorite was also the movie one obviously, but anyone else have a favorite?
Speaker 5: Actually, Kristen, did you have a favorite from the show?
Speaker 14: I can't get the word potato out of my head.
Speaker 2: That drawing one.
Speaker 14: It was fantastic. I still I re listened to the episode. I was just dying laughing.
Speaker 11: Fat team task was it's funny thinking about like, oh, favorite, like favorite, to watch, your favorite, to do your favorite like because they all are a little different for me in my head, like favorite too, Like do was ironically the like you know, Russian doll of the task on task on task and having to identify what changed like that was like my brain was like, okay, that I can do. But it was just very funny to set up for that particular drawing task and like.
Speaker 10: Expressed through my hands how I was feeling. And there was one moment where like massas something and I just go what.
Speaker 5: Oh it was?
Speaker 2: It was so loud.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 2: Just like and it it's I feel bad because the audience kind of washed it out a little bit because they were already laughing at that's not left, not not right, not right. But when I was editing it, I was laughing so hard. He's hearing Jen lose it and I'm so.
Speaker 10: Bad at my rights and left so to have like the negative form not that but then not not that. I got so lost.
Speaker 11: It was so funny because I didn't tell Chris about some of the tasks of the task. He had to hear me like complain about after I'd done them. But I don't think I mentioned that one and the second it's like, these are the only words you can say, and Matt says not left, not right. Like as he's reading the task, I look up at Chris and he just goes in the audience, he just goes, oh no.
Speaker 10: And I was like, it was like, forga, this was the task was just being read.
Speaker 11: We just knew it was going to go over poorly. And then I love that they jumped to a clip of me and Matt where I've written an.
Speaker 10: R and an OWL on one side. I'm like, what, I don't care what's right and left?
Speaker 2: Just go off of this fits.
Speaker 10: Yeah, that was funny, A funny one to me.
Speaker 9: I loved that one. I was just so surprised by the end that there were identifiable features.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, in the end, they've done a really good job. Oh huh. They had the structure of the face, they had the glasses, the eyes, and they had the the peacocks.
Speaker 11: The deep lore of our friendship group we do a field day every year and this year Matt was the or was it last year?
Speaker 10: Last year?
Speaker 4: Well year are we are we still in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: It was this?
Speaker 4: It was this year.
Speaker 10: This year our field day.
Speaker 11: We had to have an animal and the word rainbow, and we all painted our faces and so hers was peacock and rainbow.
Speaker 10: And so it was just funny to see that being the picture, because I was like writing it down, was like, what do you do? Why are there any circles happening? What is happening?
Speaker 4: And I couldn't just say it.
Speaker 7: The words weren't included on the sheet Field twenty twenty five, ultra peacock, God, I would have gone.
Speaker 2: Still, the fact that what you put together was pretty impressive. Oggie, Carolina and Dave, on the other hand.
Speaker 9: Still some identifiable features, the little round glasses and in the first.
Speaker 2: One I thought they actually they had the glass in your hand with the ice in it. I was like, and then they started over completely and.
Speaker 6: Tossed it aside.
Speaker 2: But they did manage to get the glasses in the brim of the hat and that was about it yet.
Speaker 5: But also, oh, that was very fucking fun. How do you like?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I won't even know how to begin, how how could you even convey something accurately in that.
Speaker 4: Form, Oh, I believe it's not left, not right, potato.
Speaker 2: Crucial. But each of you hit on like clever ways of using the using the prompts in a different way, Like Matt hit on saying the word longer and louder if you wanted it to be bigger, and Aggie and Caroline and Dave hit on the potato or oopsie poopsy as a yes no system, which I thought was pretty clever as well. So everybody, everybody surprised me and how they thought differently about a lot of the challenges, Like Jen brought up the the interlocking task the three of them, Like Caroline was locked in for the memorization, had it down pat very clearly one that one, but the figuring out the differences, she was completely lost. And Jen was locked in on that one totally and completely. She's just rattling them off like one after another, And I was like, this is Jen's task for sure.
Speaker 11: Yeah, the rest of us, the rest of us well, I mean, those were some of the moments where like I laughed the hardest, Like there was often a lot of times, especially that first night when we were like starting to get the flow and like figure out the dynamics and all of that, where I kind of forgot that there was an audience that like it. Just like we were just laughing so hard at like this collective delusion of doing all of these.
Speaker 10: Things and like realizing what the real the way, the way to do.
Speaker 11: The task, the like cleanest way, and we like they always said that there's like one clean way to do it. And then obviously like creativity can get you to where you need to go. But yeah, I think that first, and I I was like crying laughing through a lot of the tasks.
Speaker 6: Well, and not to sound too hoity toity about it, but like, you know, I don't know. To me, the part of the whole purpose of art is like revealing how the artist's brain works, you know, to like like what is the inside of your brain? Like, and so seeing the different ways that everyone accomplished the tasks was was really felt like the absolute peak of creativity, you know, like, oh, this is how your brain approached this challenge in this really interesting and and in fact entertaining way. And so that's I mean, and that's part of what was so brilliant and hopefully like entertaining about watching that kind of thing is giving the audience the chance to be delight equally delighted about like, oh my gosh, they all solve those problems completely differently or failed ridiculously to solve the problems.
Speaker 11: It's also fun to see when we completely lined up and did things like the same, like the one with the shirt Memet did almost exactly the same, and we're within seconds of each other, yea, with all of our choices and I had a cut like me and Caroline both were like, let's take it to miming when it came to working with piring, because it was like, Okay, I don't, I don't, I don't know what you're saying, so let's communicate some other way. And so it was just funny to also see how we like aligned in the way that we tried.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I can see what's happen being in the audience. You're watching the videos everybody doing the tasks and seeing how everybody does them differently, but also you're seeing, you, guys, see how everybody else did it. So it's really neat to see you guys experiencing how everybody else did it for the first time as well, like the facial expressions and stuff.
Speaker 2: It was fantastic's mind blowing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like you know when you've got the pressure of the timer and you land on all right, well, this is how I'm going to solve this problem, like kind of to the exclusion of all with the pressure of a time limit, you exclude all other possibilities, right, Like, Nope, this is how I'm gonna figure it out. This is how I'm gonna do it. You don't even consider other ways. That's so it's a particular delight. It's particular delight to see how everyone else's brain worked and like the totally lateral ways to approach some of the problem solving. It was really just super fun to watch and yeah, even even better for us having to do it. And that's why immediately after we recorded those the ones that I could, like, I immediately went and had my kids do it, Like I got off the video call with you, Randolf and like, okay, oh, you guys got to try this because it's just really really fun. And of course they all approached it differently, especially because they're different ages. You know, my nine year old just did it ridiculous, just trying to be funny in my fourteen year old tried so hard to get them roll right and do the best. And my wife doesn't really care. I should say, I don't care about that's selling she's not competitive.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, And that's a perfectly balanced task master lineup right there, just like how I felt with the five of us, Like it felt like Aaron had made some good choices in terms of who I mean. I'm glad he chose me to be involved. This was a dream come true. But it was five different brains that had enough overlap in some places but ultimately produced different results. And yeah, if I'm so glad christ and it paid off the joy of like seeing us see it back because it was so joyous to It's the question that had been on our minds for six months, was I wonder how everyone else did? And so being able to see it and be like, oh, that's a way that this could have been taken or that's genius. I never would have thought of that. It was just it was such a joy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Audrey, which one was your favorite to judge?
Speaker 9: Oh God, I'd have to look at my notes.
Speaker 10: I think.
Speaker 9: I loved any of them that had I know this goes back to the first one. But I love any of them that had many situations where y'all were being goofy, because yes, I took great joy in ranking the ranking the things and handing out the points and being in a position of power. But the most fun is the thing of what and why did you say that are calling out the question of like if you were Jesus Christ, what would your body and blood?
Speaker 11: Legitimately, we went back to Audrey and Matt's house to like do our decompression after that recording, and we were like, okay, everyone's share, Like I've maybe asked that at my entire job, like we we always ask questions in our warehouse. And I was like, all right, y'all, and okay, I have to tell you that's unhinged one because tangent.
Speaker 10: But I asked my coworkers this, and one of them said that their blood would be mayo. That's terrific.
Speaker 11: Another said that their their blood would be honey mustard. And so I was like, well, then you just need one more person to hit the holy trinity of.
Speaker 4: The chicken sandwich factor. Of course, yes, but it was just a.
Speaker 10: Joy to like, yeah, see how people.
Speaker 4: Cleep in my mind?
Speaker 11: And I was like, how I asked what his favorite sports team was, and you asked, what if he was Jesus Christ?
Speaker 4: Blood, your body and your blood.
Speaker 2: I was I was hoping somebody would ask some unhinged questions.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: Just because I mean, this task shared a lot in common with one from season series five where is it four? With Bob Mortimer? I think it was series five? Uh and and Bob Mortimer just asked questions that made no sense. Whatsoever? Do we strike you?
Speaker 4: Yes, Ultra says stolen. Probably once someone.
Speaker 2: Reasons what's your favorite meat?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: So I was hoping there was gonna be some of that, and Caroline thankfully delivered. But yeah, that was that was That was a fun one. That was a fun one.
Speaker 11: Let's talk stage tasks were when you were thinking about what we were going to do.
Speaker 10: In real life. What was like your thought process?
Speaker 11: I'm like, okay, it needs to be something like easy enough to do, like obviously you were, there was gonna be too much set to it because our spatial recognition and all of that.
Speaker 10: Yeah, were also very fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have liked to have done some more creative. If I could go back and change one thing, I probably would have made the first night's task more creative based rather than rather than luck based, because they were both in a way. They were both luck based, but the second one had more of a press your luck sort of element to it, so so it felt a little bit like gambling every time you decided to hit, which yeah, so yeah, So if I could do the first one over again, I probably would, But I definitely did like the idea of like, what's the sexiest number, what's the silliest number? What you know, all these other things that went through my head, and I eventually settled on the ones that we used in the show. But the second one is was like I was, I was looking for something else to do, and I had just found this board game called Flip seven, which is effectively that same game, but instead of a standard deck of playing cards, there are cards numbered one through twelve, and there are that many cards of that number in the deck I played the weeks ago, and they are also they're also worth that many points, So the higher value card you get, the more likely you are to bust if you keep going. And there's there's a bunch of other things thrown in there, like there's second chances and freezing and stuff and I was like, Oh, I really like this. It's too bad I can't get a giant set of flip seven cards. We could do this on stage. And then I thought, well, wait a minute, what if I just do it with a regular deck of cards? Like it wouldn't It wouldn't be that different, except for all the cards have the same chance of busting you, So it's just a matter of like somebody could have if they were insanely bold and incredibly lucky, they could have walked away with fourteen points. So I the one thing I liked about making that the second night's task is it meant that anybody could win the show or possibly even the series, if they were crazy enough and lucky enough to go for it.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 10: I was talking to someone and then they were like, why did you keep going?
Speaker 11: And I was like, well, I knew how closed me and Caroline were in points, so I was like, if I stop and she keeps going, that's it's it's right there. So I was like, I told myself, I will keep going and until Caroline keeps going.
Speaker 10: So she hit. I hit like if she were to stop, I.
Speaker 11: Would have stopped because I was like, there's no there's literally no chance if I don't do that.
Speaker 10: So every time she did it, I was like, you're giving me stress. She just wouldn't stop.
Speaker 9: I've committed to this internally and now it has to happen.
Speaker 10: No one else knows this, but I do.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the end of you had stopped it, I mean, the cards coming out would have changed. So I don't know if Caroline would have busted. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't. I didn't track it, and I you know, I didn't. I didn't check that and I probably should have, but I was just swept up in the moment. I was just trying to get through the game. But as it happened, she she won the whole series by five points. So I think even if you'd stopped, you still would have lost. Yeah, so I think you made the right move for sure. Oh yeah, Dave, what's up?
Speaker 6: So my question is, well, uh so, my favorite task I think was finding the free thing on Craigslister Facebook marketplace because it was so open ended and I feel like I had a vision in my mind of the kind of thing I hoped to find, and of course and what I ended up finding was completely different, just completely not what I envisioned. But when you assigned as that task, was there anything that you expected someone to find? Was there anything in particular like you had in your mind that like, oh, I bet someone will bring this, or I bet someone will probably inevitably wind up with, you know, some grandmother's old dishwaar set, or did you have any like mental vision that either got confirmed or or or just obliterated.
Speaker 2: Not really. I think I was surprised just as much as anybody else by a lot of the choices that were made. And Matt, I think, made a brilliant choice of just saying fuck it. If I can't get something legitimately, I'll just fake it, which was great for the show. So yeah, I love that bite. But there was there were some times when I thought, oh, maybe they'll actually do that, Like when Jen suggested getting a cat, I'm like, oh, what if somebody gets stopped, somebody gets somebody actually gets a lie The animal for this task be a basic.
Speaker 7: That's what was tempting. There were in the first look live chickens, and I was like, this is possible.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 11: There was live guinea pigs and they were free, and they were like good, you know for you to a good home whatever.
Speaker 10: And I walked into my living room and I said, Chris, how do you feel about rodents? He was like, stop take care of them. You're like, well, what if the boys are going to do our cats would hate that. I was like, yeah, but it's for the bit, Chris, it's for the bit. For the bit.
Speaker 6: Baby all hailed a bit because in my mind, I think what I what I started out looking for, was something akin to what we would give it like a White Elephant Christmas party, where you're looking for the worst gift and you try to find something that's like obnoxious, you know, like our favorite gifts are something that is disgusting or makes a loud noise. Some of our favorite White Elephant gifts in the past have been like some canned, some like jar someone did some canning, like they canned some really old like peaches or something and have been sitting in a basement for twenty years like in the Bell jars, or or we found some like really obnoxious, like a toy that's like an off brand Christmas toy with a very hideous little elf that makes a terrible jingle when you play it, like something like that. That's kind of what I expected to find. That's what I was looking for going in, and it turned out to be just not that in any way.
Speaker 2: When I had finished recording with everybody, Like the first thought that went through my head about thinking about, like what would be the ideal get for this, it was something that tells the story right, And Dave and Jen both knocked out of the park, Like Dave got the set of the set of movie standing found and she gave me nothing found in the basement of a home that used to belong to a ninety one year old man, Like why was that the only thing down there? Why?
Speaker 9: Like it was important enough for him to collect them at one point, but there's a but not.
Speaker 2: Important enough to take with him how and it's the only thing he left he took everything else.
Speaker 7: How old is Crumwell? The hows Crumwell? Because it could have been James Cromwell.
Speaker 2: I was unaware he lived in central New York.
Speaker 6: But okay, maintains a home here, loves it.
Speaker 2: But it's similarly Gens. Gens was perfect.
Speaker 10: Clutch right at the end, like.
Speaker 2: The weddings, the end of the marriage, Oh.
Speaker 11: My god, at the end, I had been scrolling so much. I was scrawling all over Colorado. Every time I took a trip, I would look at the place around me like it was like my life for like three months to just scroll Facebook, Marketplace and crixlist, and I was like getting down to the wire. I almost was gonna pull mat and like what is this going to be? And then literally I picked it up. You asked for everything on Friday and I picked it up on Tuesday, like it was. It was down to the wire for grabbing that, and I think the icing on the top that I was like, yeah, that was the funniest thing that I did, was just dumping the sand in a sandwich, like.
Speaker 10: Grabbing that and just lifting it up got such a laugh and I was like, yeah, I'm so glad I did that.
Speaker 6: You didn't have to.
Speaker 10: There was no reason, no reason to it last.
Speaker 11: That was like a last minute I'm packing everything up and I was like, you know what, I'll bring the sand just for the sake of bringing it.
Speaker 10: And yeah, it was great.
Speaker 2: But Jen keeping her eye on the bit, keeping on the bit there for the bit.
Speaker 4: It's the Chris.
Speaker 11: He's literally sitting in the living room right there, and he said, why do you keep saying my name?
Speaker 10: That's for the bits for.
Speaker 2: The bit Chris, So you take another short break.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, all right, we'll.
Speaker 2: Get some ads and we'll come back and we'll wrap up our talk on b F white tw episode three hundred right after this.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're in the Western New York area and you are a fan of the Green head on over to Peace Love and Bud at three twenty self Transit Road in Lockport, New York. Tell him. B F y tw SENTA able to hook you up.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back for the final part of our bfy tw does Task Master post mortem. We're hanging here with nearly the entire cast Matty, Aggie, Jen, and Dave. Just one missing, can't think of who that. But we also have joining us Kristen from on the Lunai podcast. Welcome, thanks for coming. Thanks for coming both to the show and to the Colorado trip, to the show, to the show and to the show, to both shows. My pleasure. Yeah, no, happy to have you. So during the break we were talking about like, did we get to everybody's favorite task? And I I still have trouble picking my favorite task, but I informed everybody that I do have a least favorite task. And it was the Team Battle rap task for sure for a number of reasons. Really wasn't that bad. I know, I yeah, no, there's there's a number of things. First of all, like I did not think at the time, I didn't really I had a vague idea, but basically I was forcing myself into the role of a rap song producer because I had to put I had to find music that was, you know, both royalty free and like, could make a good beat and could fit to these these songs you guys had created. Now, thankfully Matt and Jen had actually stayed on a rhythm like it was very easy to line you guys up with the song that I wound up picking that match that matched your your speed, So that was very easy. Oggie, Dave and Carolina, on the other hand, holy crap like that. There were there were three different times you were on different beats, and I was like, why didn't I have some kind of like metronome or something up to keep the beat for them so they could stick to If I could do this task again, That's the first thing I'd changed is I would have a beat ready for them and they would just rap to that so they could they could arrange their their lyrics. They could arrange the whole thing to to that particular song or that particular beat, and it would it would come out a little bit better. As it was, I had to slow Augie down so you can you can audibly hear he's his voice is shifted about pitch and a half too low. But if if I if I raised the pitch, he would have sounded like a robot. Like the it doesn't quite work any different, It just it's it sounded better to leave you pitch shift low.
Speaker 6: And I tried to real quick grab a beat in my audio production software, and you rightly told me, like, no, Dave, don't worry about that. That's going to take too much time. I'm going to do it in pose, which was the right thing to do obviously, but like to your point, yeah, I think just at least having a consistent tempo, even it was if it was just a metronome to go off, because again, it's how everybody's brain works, right, Like what is your mental when you just he like, like, imagine a rap song in your head, what is the beat?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 6: You know for everyone is different.
Speaker 2: That it was.
Speaker 11: That's too much work. It was, Oh, Matt, your line makes more sense. First you start, he picked a beat and I said, fantastic. I am really good at mimicking and being on someone else's timing. And then we just like fell into time. So that was not planned. That was just sorry, man, you're going first. You have to establish the beat and the rhythm, and then I just like we just stuck to it, and.
Speaker 13: I did.
Speaker 7: We did a solid job, as it turns out. But I didn't think until you just mentioned that, Aaron, what was strange about doing that rap? Because like now being part of an improv community, I've I've wrapped more often than I would like to admit, but it's always there's like a backing track there to like do it along, to to do like Beastie rap or something like that, and it's it was doing the task. I was like, something that felt weird about that, but I can't I can't quite put my finger on it. Oh well, uh, and yeah, I guess like if there was a beat there, but even then with two of us we can, like Jen said, we can find that rhythm, but when it's three of you, that's so much harder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and one hand, I agree. A metronome would definitely have made it way better and it would have made the ending process waysier.
Speaker 2: Oh god.
Speaker 6: Yes.
Speaker 2: But on the other hand, I.
Speaker 15: Feel like everything we needed to know was written in the desk, so fair, all the information was in the TASKO true.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, but yeah, it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was jarring, but fun.
Speaker 4: Safe to last as well.
Speaker 2: And I do have to apologize to Jen. I don't know if I did this on the day, but I that was the not rhyming thing. Was one of the few jokes that I that I wrote ahead of time, and it was only afterwards. It was only in the moment that I went what makes me think that I have the right to criticize anyone in doing this? Anyone at all? Not only am I white and middle aged? But the last rap song I listened to on purpose was by Buster Rhymes, probably fifteen or sixteen years ago. Yeah, it's still in my still in my song rotation because it's fucking awesome. But it was so funny.
Speaker 6: When's the what's on which track?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the one where he lists off the all the states and he goes wyoming fuck it, which always always makes me laugh always. It's everybody Rise is what it's called everybody rise.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Now, I just thought it as an opportunity for a ris and it was just funny because like it was in the moment where I was like, Okay, it was one of those things that when I wrote it out it looked good, but then I like the way I said it didn't communicate all of it. And with the addition of laughs in the room and all of those things, not every there was a ton of word play in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, to be real clear, Gen's flow and her wordplay were both on point.
Speaker 4: I think it just.
Speaker 10: Didn't come off that way. And then yeah, I just saw the opportunity when they were like the other team did better, and I was like, no, they didn't. Like I was like, we're just gonna we're gonna take this opportunity.
Speaker 2: Why you both went. One of my favorite things about that test is each of you when you had finished to turn the other team and went dope, dope, and it was delightful.
Speaker 4: It was delightful.
Speaker 2: So but I mean the audience clearly loved them both, like clearly clearly loved both raps.
Speaker 11: So I mean, I mean that's peak embarrassment ship, especially after watching I have to talk to a stranger.
Speaker 10: And then like be like, oh, how are you going to translate that?
Speaker 11: And then yeah, and especially when it's all darring, like that person gets off the call and it's like hey, you make something and you're like, okay, what sure?
Speaker 2: But you guys an amazing yeah, absolutely, amazing.
Speaker 6: Wow cringe I get. Like, I mean that's also my hope for the audience is that it's not like cringe embarrassment humor.
Speaker 2: Like ales are making.
Speaker 6: Fools of themselves. No, like I hopefully we all seemed like just the people having fun.
Speaker 10: And I mean that is task Master, right.
Speaker 11: Like when I was talking too Mad about it and like Chris about it, I was like, literally, I'm volunteering for a thing where the person running it is trying to get me.
Speaker 10: Like it's a lot of gotcha moments.
Speaker 11: That's the point, Like they're setting you up, Like all of the tasks on the actual show are meant to be like yeah, there's a clear two minute path to.
Speaker 10: Doing this, but like you're not in the mindset for it. Your this is your three pm.
Speaker 11: You're on craft Services and it's been a long day and you're doing all of these tasks and your brain is tired, Like yeah, you're gonna do things that you wouldn't have done in sound mind. But that's kind of that's the fun of it. It's watching medians make fun of themselves. And so it was like yeah, like yeah, there was a little like no.
Speaker 10: Point did I actually feel embarrassed for the thing that I did.
Speaker 11: It was like it's situations that others in real life, if not orchestrated, it would feel embarrassed. Like if if on the street someone was like make up or wrap and you just did something, it would feel embarrassing. But like in the confines of microphone, Yeah, but the same environment where it's like, hey, this is for entertainment.
Speaker 2: Entertain Yeah, And and honestly, Jen, you've hit on. Like that's the exact reason why I said in my speech that I was immensely grateful to the six of you for all saying yes and so quickly to doing this, because it implied that you trusted me to not push things too far, to not put you in the most embarrassing light possible. And and I really was grateful the way things laid out, because, as it happens, everybody had a tech in which they excelled, Like every everybody had at least one thing in which they were brilliant, And I was so happy that nobody had just an awful time like repeatedly falling down a hill, you know soun so yeah, it could have been funny, to be fair, You've done right, it would have been.
Speaker 14: But they had great banter while discussing the tasks together, and none of it was felt mean spirited in any way.
Speaker 2: It was fun.
Speaker 14: It was It was a nice back and forth flow between everybody.
Speaker 6: Oh, it is a joy to riff with fun, funny, quick thinking people. And like everyone was so like I had the time of my life up there with y'all. Uh, you are all just so just very very game and also just genuinely funny and and and also I feel like I need to I think I told you all this at the time too, Like it makes me feel like I gotta be like like up my game and make sure I'm I'm thinking quick to match the funny of everyone else, because you were all just so wonderful.
Speaker 5: That's amazing, Joy, absolute joy.
Speaker 6: Don't everyone reciprocate all at once, just like.
Speaker 2: We were so happy to carry your ask. We were so happy.
Speaker 5: Honestly, I was just going to sit here in silence and see how long it took.
Speaker 11: Its fun to strangers with people and immediately click, like me and Dave never met each other, and like it was, you know, you gave me a great compliment of being very funny and telling Chris like she's a great fouriel. Like it felt like I could riz and play and have those moments. And one of my favorite moments of both nights was when we had to vamp because we had some technical issues and it was just like all of us were just like, all right, let's do it, and like it was still like it was, it flowed, It felt funny. It felt like a group of people like coming together, like it built a lot of trust.
Speaker 6: And I knew I could trust you all immediately, Like it felt very safe, and you know, so I always looked great.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna tell you right now. I cut that out of the first night's episode, but I saved it so we could post it later as a blooper, so you guys will still be able to enjoy that. But I wanted the episodes to look as much like an episode of task Master as I could, so I tried to cut as many technical issues out as I could Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is going to be it for us. Thank you to everybody for coming along on this insane journey. And I don't just mean the cast members in the room. I'm talking to Stevie and Augie as well, and I'm talking to Kristen for being one of our biggest fans and for constantly supporting everything we do. Thank you so much. This would not have been possible without each and every one of you, and I'm so grateful that it turned out as well as it did. And I just wish the only wish that I have is that I had another trip to come visit y'all without all of the stress and without all of this stuff, so that I could have just relaxed and enjoyed it. But as it was, I was an anxious ball of anxiety for two full days. And uh yeah that that that was not the most fun part of it.
Speaker 6: But the end results anxiety about it experience for all of us, the end result was incredible.
Speaker 4: Such a great point, David.
Speaker 2: End result was incredible.
Speaker 7: I will say thank you Aaron so much for all of the anxiety you felt, all of the stress, the extra work, because it meant we could we could put on two of the easiest shows I think we've ever had to do because you did all of the hard work for us, so we just got to have a great time with great people.
Speaker 6: And it was wonderful knowing what you were going through because those four days were an escape for me from my own high stress producer role, which congratulations on your show, by the way, well thank you, but like I appreciate that, but also like good God, the stress of being in charge and the stress of being the producer and making sure that you are the one on whom everything depends. Like I so appreciate everything you did because for the rest of us it meant that we just got to show up, relax, enjoy ourselves, be funny, and all your hard work paid off so so much.
Speaker 2: And I will I will wear that hat every time because one of my favorite things is showing the world how funny and how awesome my friends are, and I got to do that in a big, big way. So thank you once again for letting me do this and for joining me on this crazy journey that is going to be it from us, you can follow the gate Lapers wherever you can find podcasts. I cannot recommend it enough they're our Sisters show for a reason, and they do similarly hilarious and funny and insane things. And Jen is a regular guest, and I'm a regular guest. There's no reason not to come hang out. But do you guys have any more plugs you want to give about your show or anything else you've got coming up? Any live shows coming up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean, look, we're gonna be based in Colorado Springs. Apart from maybe we're gonna be playing some conventions starting this year. That's all this upcoming year. What is it twenty twenty six yet? Like for almost Sorry, I'm just itching for it. But we will do a show pretty much every second Friday of the month. The Peak Improv Theater in Colorado Springs will be recording a live Pandemonium. So I think January ninth is our next one, yep, where we're doing the Witcher.
Speaker 4: But we've got.
Speaker 7: We got so many plans for twenty twenty six at gate Leaper's poets on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah absolutely. And Jen, your fiber work is incredible. I mean everybody everybody wanted that hat and Sarah got it. You can follow and check out all of her cool stuff at half double dosn't on Instagram and I cannot recommend it enough. Dave Voice actor to the Stars.
Speaker 6: You can find my regulating builds at I'm Gems. It's not Zeems, it's Gems. It's different from your game Gems custom game.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you tell me? Good Lord, It's all stuff that.
Speaker 6: I have bought from Randolph and I'm reselling it twice the price.
Speaker 9: So phenomenal.
Speaker 2: The ship he makes, honestly, damn it, damn it. No, please follow David Adovino. Check out all of his projects. He doesn't know. He does incredible work. It's especially on the audiobook of Sane. Thank you so much for that as well. Haven't forgotten about your incredible work there. Thank you for having me, Kristen love you. Thank you so much for everything. Please check out if you have any interest in The Golden Girls at all, and you should.
Speaker 1: Everybody should.
Speaker 2: Everybody should. It's an incredible show. But the on the Luni podcast covers that show in the extensive detail. They also play silly games, mostly just trivia about the show they just watched. But I've guested on that show many times. It had a fantastic time, So please go listen to on the launi and catch more Kristen because everybody should have more Kristen in their life.
Speaker 1: Truth.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah uh. And finally, you can follow me online at pants Sara, and you can follow Stevie at You can follow Augie at zero eight. You can follow the show at bfy tw podcast. You can send us emails at bfy tw podcast at gmail dot com. You can check out our Patreon at bfy twod sorry, Patreon dot com slash bfytw. That's where you'll find us and all the extra stuff, including like the video episodes of episode three hundred are already up for Patreon members. They will be going up on Monday on YouTube, so by the time you hear this, you can just watch it on YouTube. But if you want, if you want access to stuff faster, or if you just want access to a massive library of all of our old stuff, are tons and tons of extras. You can go to Patreon dot com slash bfytw. We have one tier. It's five dollars a month.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: We don't ask for more. That's enough. We just want you guys to enjoy yourselves for that cost. So thank you to everyone who's on that list. I don't have it in front of me, so I can't read it out, but I just know that I love each and every single one of you. Your support is incredible and I have not forgotten it, and that I'm afraid is going to be it from us? Why because?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 2: How small?
Speaker 9: Tip?
Speaker 2: That was pretty good?
Speaker 14: That was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It's pretty good usually over zoom, it's not gonna be that good. That was solid.
Speaker 6: That was solid.