Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Pink Shade. It's TLC Tuesday. I'm here with Kimberly to chat about before the ninety days. Now you guys, if I sound echoe number one, I'm sorry. I am in an Airbnb. It's all wood floors. I've got pillows surrounding me, but it is probably still a little echoe. Not as great audio there used to and I'm sorry. Next week I'll be back at my regular spot. Kimberly is in her regular spot there in California, so she'll sound great.
Speaker 2: You are in an empty museum.
Speaker 1: It's so much space between here and the kitchen. I mean it could be an entire other living room. And of course when we came in, we're like, well what we would have done.
Speaker 2: Is yeah, it's like you're on house hunters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like we would have moved this over here and all that. But we have been here for my father in law's ninetieth birthday. There's been there's been, you know, a big party where there's like eighty ninety people there, and then there was like a family party where people came from Hither and Yon and it's just really been great. It's been great. Wow, Hither and Yon Yeah, to and fro hither and Yon Yeah. What had a big conversation this morning about where did the phrase swing a dead cat come from? No, I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Dave said, oh, you couldn't swing a dead cat and something. I go, you know, let's not like it like a big cat lover. But yes, I don't understand that phrasing. And it's sort of like, yeah, beat a dead horse. It is also like.
Speaker 2: Aa also do not like that. Yeah, let's stick with lead a horse to water.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Right, if we're going to talk about horses, yeah, it's not great, but just leave the horses name out your jam mouse. And that's what I have to say. And that's what are we doing.
Speaker 1: Well. I do have to go to the airport in a little bit of time, so we're going to get started on this episode. I do want to say for people that listened to does Ace know who? This is the game sweeping the nation?
Speaker 2: Uh huh?
Speaker 1: For people that listened and corrected me, oh about I was wrong. I said that after I said Ronald Reagan was president for three terms and then after that they enforced term limits. That was wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that doesn't sound right to me at all.
Speaker 1: And when I said it, I said I think I think it was Roosevelt. It was FDR it was nineteen fifty one. I've been corrected.
Speaker 2: I knew something.
Speaker 1: You knew something. I've been corrected. I stand corrected. I was wrong. Nobody else needs to send me a DM or a entry on message about it.
Speaker 2: Cairl, You're going to be hearing about that for the rest of your life, because I still hear about things from twenty seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that I so wrong. I was wrong. Also, nobody needs to alert me again that Zuria was arrested. We know we've been following it. Nobody needs to inform you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've been talking about it with Keisha on the show, So why do people think you are unawares?
Speaker 1: People also don't need to let me know that on this season of Love during lock Up, there is a person that died. It's Justin and Justin and Emily. He died before the season or maybe at the end of the season, and Emily is like a terrible person who then tried to go on Love Island right after that. We are aware of.
Speaker 2: These things, my God, but thank you for caring and being engaged with the podcast exactly.
Speaker 1: I do. Every so often, somebody you'll send me something that I didn't know, but generally if it's some kind of breaking news, if they have received it on their feed, I have also received it on my feed. Yeah. And then sometimes even if I don't receive it on my feed, Kisha will alert me because she is on it. She is on it. Yeah, that story I love during lockup is going to be it's gonna be interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, now I have to watch the first episode because I like to at least watch the first episode and then listen to you and Keisha, and then the rest of the season. I can sometimes watch and just listen because I'll know who the people are, right right, we have a picture the teeth situation, like I need to see what you're talking about. Are there teeth situations?
Speaker 1: Not yet? Not yet? Okay, there's a really cute girl on there. Her name is Goddess, that's her actual name, and she's the cutest thing I've ever seen. But unfortunately her man, who she calls Mumu, is interested in a polly relationship. But he hasn't told her yet. Okay, and he's already bouncing.
Speaker 2: He's trying to get on front of the many tlc smanops.
Speaker 1: It's interesting too. On this first episode, every person had some sort of gun charge. Oh, which might be better than a meth charge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's usually drugs or a robbery.
Speaker 1: Some of them have a combo.
Speaker 2: Well, they go hand in hand really much like these couples on ninety Day. They're meant for each other. They're two sides of the same coin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah. And also lots of people have alerted us with Aviva and Stig that she looks pregnant. And yes, I said that the first time we saw that.
Speaker 2: You have said it I at least twice, and so listen, people, she knows and I finally noticed it in this episode.
Speaker 1: You notice it this week?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Especially I noticed it. Yeah, thing she does because I'm typing, so I'm just like kind of looking down and like I'm mostly listening.
Speaker 1: I was thinking that this week when I was taking notes on Daniel and Lisa, I was thinking that I was looking down. I was like, well, that's what Kimberly's for, because she's got eyeballs on the couples that I'm only half looking at and taking notes. Because sometimes you didn't you notice she had this I'm like, no, I was looking down. Yeah, But speaking of a Viva and Stig, that's who we're starting with. And my only note for those two is why is her hair so freaking greasy when she goes to the show.
Speaker 2: She is a combo of Jenny and Matt on sixty days and it's getting worse. I know it's human there, I understand that that doesn't mean you can't wash it or wear a hat or something. It is it looks wet all the time. It looks like she just got out of the shower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just wash her hair and then let it be like whatever it's going to be. It's gonna be frizzy, it's gonna be curly. Just go with it, go and try to don't try to like straighten it, and they'll let you blow out last because then your hair looks greasy.
Speaker 2: No, I'm very curious to see what ant Springs hair looks like when she gets to the humidity, because she keeps it in that extremely tight ponytail the Ariana Grande, and it's high and tight and it's pulling her face back and those glasses and it's all very wit sick. So I'm excited to see what happens to her hair.
Speaker 1: She's gonna have like some little pieces that are just popping exactly, and.
Speaker 2: I get the little frizzies all over like a halo.
Speaker 1: Okay, a viva stick. Yeah, that's what I meant to say. Season eight, episode seven, Brace for Impact, which is not ready. But also I don't like Brace for Impact.
Speaker 2: No, that means something has gone wrong. The wheels are broken and we're coming down in a field instead of on a runway and put their heads between your knees.
Speaker 1: Somebody who's flying on a plane today. I didn't enjoy that brace frt Yeah, okay, now go ahead.
Speaker 2: Even Also, how are we only on episode seven? It feels like we've known these people forever.
Speaker 1: I know. It's a really good season.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is.
Speaker 1: It really is, y'all. With so many options for weight loss treatment plans, it can be hard to know what's the best choice, who to trust, what to know about side effects, and if something's even going to work. That's why Hers offers access to doctor development treatment plans that are personalized to you. Through her, as you're connected with the medical provider who determines if treatment is right for you, If prescribed your treatment plan is personalized to support you in reaching your goals. Plus you can access a range of treatment options like oral medication, kids or GLP one injectibles. Hers goes beyond medication while offering access to ongoing care dosage and medication adjustments, lifestyle and nutrition tips, and twenty four to seven support with no hidden coster membership fees and with options starting at just sixty nine dollars per month with a ten month plan when paid upfront in full, Hers provides access to options that fit your goals and your budget. They even offer the convenience of one hundred percent online care with licensed providers on the other side who learned your story and create a personalized plan to deliver healthy progress that you can maintain. So no more yo yoing, just steady results. Turns to Hers for comprehensive personalized healthcare you can count on from weight loss support to growing thicker hair, easy anxiety to navigating menopause symptoms, even accessing convenient lab testing Hers as you covered feel like your best self again. Visit for hers dot com slash pink Shade to get a personalized, affordable plan that gets you. That's f O r HGRS dot com slash pink shade for Hers dot com slash pink shade. Weight loss by Hers is not available everywhere. Compounded drug products are not approved or evaluated for safety, effectiveness, or quality by the FDA. Prescription required. See website for full details important safety information and restrictions. Actual price depends on product and plan purchased.
Speaker 2: So of even Stick, the ViBe's good and the sex good and the would.
Speaker 1: I breed you? Yes? I would?
Speaker 2: That has been stuck in my head all weekend, and Stick, I owe you an apology, baby boy, Stick, because I may have implied that Soldier Boy was a better rapper and wrote catchier songs, but I can't even remember a soldier boy song.
Speaker 1: And I remember I would die for you.
Speaker 2: I would die die, I would die for.
Speaker 1: Girl.
Speaker 2: I would pray for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would pray for her. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also remember I Love You Chicken. That we have really been blessed with so many prolific artists on this show. Yeah, where are the Grammys at? And can they acknowledge some of these people? But anyway, I have had that stupid song about the ViBe's good and the sex good stuck in my head. My neighbors probably think I'm crazy. I'm singing it to the foster dog. He thinks I'm crazy. Yeah, he's still here and I cannot get it out of my head. Okay, so she was jealous yesterday, but last night at the hotel, he just sexted that jealousy ran out of her. Okay, good, and they had sex three times with no protection.
Speaker 1: Raw Dog all the way loves it.
Speaker 2: And she asks what songs he's singing at his big show tonight big big quotes also show oh in quotes.
Speaker 1: Or singing yeah.
Speaker 2: So he's like, oh, my biggest hits, I got this one. I will marry your daughter. I got Vicky. And she's like, oh, Vicky is the song about the X that Aunt Spring had her henchman spy that said he went home with Vicky after he performed that song at this concert. And so she's like, who is Vicky And he goes the concept of Vicky is a girl who he tells this story about the And I'm like, is that the story of the song or is that the real Vicky? Because you just said the concept of Vicky, she asked who Vicky was not the story of the song, like Billy jean or.
Speaker 1: Is Vicky a fictional character that he's created, like Billy my lover?
Speaker 2: So he like she was being mistreated by her husband and he was a bard showing her love. But then he's like, so we did hang out, like it was a girl he dated. So she says, well, I heard that you went home with her after this concert. My Aunt Spring heard about it. And he jokes to us he's never met Aunt Spring, but she apparently knows him better than he knows himself. And he says, is she secret service or what she could be? Except she's probably in wit sec So maybe she was in secret Service and then saw something she wasn't supposed to do and now she's in WIT six. So ant Spring, he tells Aviva, like, I didn't go home with anybody. I was focused on the music. I'm all about the music. I'm Spring the artist, not Sprig. Nope, not spring Stick and she goes, well, my aunt saw an article.
Speaker 1: That you went home with VICKI. It's the page sicks the belize near reporting on this shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have seen nothing to indicate that he is big enough that the paparazzi are writing stories about him.
Speaker 1: But this episode doesn't help, no, and he.
Speaker 2: Says, well, belize isn't the fake news, so it's real news. So you did go home with her? What are you saying? And he said again tries to gaslight her and is like, don't get in your head about this, which is yeah, don't look at the things that are facts and think that they're true. Don't just believe what I'm telling you instead, and so she's like, I just really don't want you to sing Vicki tonight and he says, it's one of my biggest songs. That's what the people want.
Speaker 1: It's like Taylor Swift doesn't seem to shake it off. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Of course exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he says to us, I thought Aviva was going to be different than the other girls, which is probably because she acted different when they were talking online. She acted like a pick me girl and was like, I'm cool, I won't get jealous. I'm one of the guys.
Speaker 1: I understand. I understand your career, babe, I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But now that they're in person, she's less easygoing and is not gonna just roll over if you're being shady. She's gonna say something. So they go to the show, and he's like, look at me holding your hand in public walking down the street. You can't question my love, babe.
Speaker 1: Not when we go inside, I won't be holding your hand. But as we go into the club and they're filming us, I will. Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Also, no man has ever cheated on his wife and still helds her hand in public.
Speaker 1: That's never.
Speaker 2: Never. They can't. They can't do it. Also, let's raise our standards higher too than he holds my hand in public and doesn't make me wear a bag on my head. Like yeah, So at the club, they are like Stig the artist in the house and they're there's moderate cheering. I would say, like a level six four. It's a level four.
Speaker 1: He was just there at the club as a patron of the club. And then they were like, and also, it's karaoke night, will you please get up and sing your own song? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly so, and he came to the island for this performance like it's Coachella. So he starts singing I'm going to marry your daughter, which is about how he's a bad boy but he's going to marry your daughter. And there's like four girls dancing and filming with their cells, but they're one girl is ignoring the music and just taking selfies of herself the whole time, like the crowd. I can't tell if the camera people are doing it to shade him by showing like uninterested people in the crowd, or if they just couldn't get around it because there were no swarms of beatle Mania. No one's fainting.
Speaker 1: There's some guys. Is this if your favs in Belize? Is this what it is? It's twelve people they are, you know, right?
Speaker 2: Maybe we just got something different.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So he sees a girl bend over in front of him and he's like, what is that? And then Aviva is like, yeah, I don't like that. And so then Aviva is like pretending to enjoy the music. I don't think she knows any of his songs. She is not singing along. She is half ass dancing, which is basically just like a And then that's it, just yeah. And then one sway, two sway, three sways done. I can't get my hair messed up. It looks so good tonight. So Aviva is like listening and he half assed listening, and then he starts singing Vicky and he's performing it to this other girl who is kind of on stage and filming herself. But it's like I thought, I was so confused. Are strange girls just allowed to be on stage? And then I realized it's not really a stage. It's like an indoor patio or like a very lame vip section because his manager is also sitting there, yea and his so his people are sitting right behind him. So it's but it's a balcony. It seems like, yes, it's like a one step up type stage, like there's literally one step and then you're on the stage part. And so that girl just like wandered there.
Speaker 1: Like that's just where she was standing because she could there was a place you could set your drink exactly, and she's like, oh, maybe I should be on the other side of it, because Aviva was on the other side of it. Yeah, the place where you set your drink it You guys, listen again, maybe in Beliez, this is the level of fame that it is and we just don't understand. But I think, you know, you and I could go to a bar and get the same reaction.
Speaker 2: A terrible singing voice, but all I have to do is pick a banger and like people will be down for it. So Aviva starts texting someone on her phone about how awkward she feels, and she's miserable, and he's watching her and he's like, I see a sea of people enjoying my music. And Aviva is on her phone. Where is the sea of people? Footage not found?
Speaker 1: I would say dry creek bed of people, I mean exactly, no, I would say a smattering of people, spattering. What's the word I'm trying to say smattering is the words smattering.
Speaker 2: Of people, a sprinkle of And I wouldn't even say fans. I wouldn't say fans because none of these people have given us the indication that they are there specifically to see him. They all are giving the indication that they happened to be at this bar already. And he started performing like no one's wearing a shirt that says stick Like he's who I came to see.
Speaker 1: He won the front door, I mean he.
Speaker 2: Walks, yeah, no, back door. He There's one girl who's like singing along, so she's heard the songs, but even she is not fainting or trying to get closer to the stage or.
Speaker 1: On stage. Even the girl that was on the stage was very disinterested.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, yeah, She's like she's more interested in filming herself. Like, look, I'm on stage kind of it's kind of a stage, and I'm on stage and this guy's singing. I don't know who he is.
Speaker 1: We need somebody to explain this.
Speaker 2: Google it later. Okay. So he starts singing a unreleased song, which usually means that's when people go to the bathroom at a concert new music. Okay, yeah, I'm gonna go get a snack. So but then he gets flustered because he's watching Aviva and she's not paying attention, and he starts like going, oh, one, two, three, I forgot the words. I forgot the words.
Speaker 1: And he's like, the words are I breed you hard?
Speaker 2: So he's like mumbling to the manager that he's totally forgot the words. So now the manager is going to think of Viva as bad for his music, like the Texas Chick is. So after the show, he's bumped he forgot the lyrics, and she's pretending everything was fine, and she says, did I handle the night? Okay? And he says, I guess, and he's kind of giving her the silent treatment, which he had said he doesn't like.
Speaker 1: He didn't like when she did it.
Speaker 2: He's like, I don't go for that. So finally he's like, you were on your phone and it hurt my feelings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was mature of him.
Speaker 2: And she's like, you weren't paying attention to me, and he says, I was singing right to you. She's like, you were singing VICKI and you said you weren't gonna say Vicky. So he's like, I'm sorry, there were girls on stage with you. I felt awkward, and he says and she says, I don't know anyone here. So I reached out to one of my friends and he's like, you're supposed to be my team HIPing me up, and it's very awkward, and he goes to take a shower and she's clearly pregnant in they're talking heads, so I finally noticed it. So they're arguing and but they got over it, obviously because she's knocked up.
Speaker 1: So she posted a bunch of pictures that I saw in the last day or so, and she's very much like crop top, flat stomach, you know whatever. So I don't know if those you know, because they filmed this stuff a year and a half ago. I mean, you know, we'll find out. I hope we're not all wrong, because I mean we're not the only ones to think that. Lots of people think it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like commenting on people's bodies. But there she's wearing like one of those baby Dell dresses that poops out in every talking headshot. There's two different ones.
Speaker 1: And like, she has the same outfit in red, yellow, and green. It's like a halter on the top and then it's got the baby doll ish and it's like a flower pattern. Yeah, she's got the same outfit on. I'm like, she said, I like this dress in every color. Give it to me.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I have moved the pillows my pillow fortress closer around me. Okay, yeah, I've moved. Look I have pillows surrounding me like I'm in a little pillow hole. Sounds good. Okay, So let's talk about Lisa and Daniel. Do we have to? We have to? We have to? Okay, I've posted about this on Instagram because I'm so upset. So we open up. We see Lingerie on the chair and I'd paused it to take a note, and then I saw another picture which was various loubes and condoms. So, okay, y'all know how much I love to go to concerts and live events. I love to go to sports events, music events. I just love to go to live shows. However, getting tickets is always such a pain in the keyster. You've got to get in those cues and the prices jump at check out. Then the tickets you want are gone. All I want is to go to that concert or go to that game. The Game Time app gives the advantage back to fans. It's the hat for unlocking amazing tickets and experiences in a few taps. It's incredibly easy to use, and the game Time guarantee means you can trust your bit one hundred percent authentic tickets on time and at the best price. Plus the fees are always included, so what you see is what you get and what you pay. Y'all. Game Time is so easy. We're talking about finding those tickets in minutes. Before we came to Oklahoma, I was looking for basketball tickets for my husband and my son, just in case we would have a chance. The tickets popped up so quick, and I love how they also show you what your view will be from that seat. It really helps when you're trying to decide like, hey, that doesn't look so far away, and then they show you that view and you're like, yeah, we're going to need to go down one level. Game Time loves fans because they're fans too. That's why they're committed to making the ticket buying experience stress free. They have the most flexible customer service policy in the ticketing industry. Game Time ticket coverage includes the lowest price guarantee, event cancellation protection, job loss assurance, and on time ticket delivery. And if you add like people or teams to your favorites, like I just added Harry Styles, you can snag new ticket deals before anybody finds out. By following your favorite teams, your favorite music, whatever. Game Time app will give you these alert and you will be ahead of the game. So take the guestwork out of buying concert tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, created account and use code pink shade for twenty dollars off your first purchase terms apply again, create an account and redeem code pink Shade for twenty dollars off. Download the game Time app today so she's kissing him. It's in the morning, and she's kissing him. She's got that wig on. She's left on it, y'all. She wo wasn't kidding and she's kissing him and he says, oh, you're so beautiful, and she goes, I have to tell you, you have the nicest ass I have ever seen. And I used to think your dimples were my favorite thing, but now it's your belly button.
Speaker 2: It's an hour practicing of me.
Speaker 1: No, yes, I've not been practicing. You do think I practiced on the ninety year old people at the party. Do y'all like this? Accis?
Speaker 2: Is that gypsy Rose?
Speaker 1: She says, it's your belly button. It's an audi. It's so key. We get to see his belly button. She kisses it, so we're talking to her. She goes, I feel like I'm on her roller coaster. I'm engaged. Daniel is everything I could have dreamed of, except he doesn't have boobs, and then she says, last night was uncomfortable and strange. He didn't finish. I don't think he was full on, and I had so much anticipation and I was deep.
Speaker 2: Wow, and they need to borrow the turp from Rick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, splash pad. She says, I was so deflated, and I thought maybe I am too old and I'm not the shape he wants me to be in. I was really questioning myself. So she says to him, we have to talk about last night, and he just goes, huh, And she goes, it was awful. Wow, And she says, I was upset with you. I expected more than what happened. He goes what He goes, I was so stressed and tired. I'd been preparing all day. It seems like probably he got up super early to come there, to come to that city to get ready and then meet her at the airport, which was probably at night, you know. So and so he goes, I was stressed and I was tired. And then they're going to talking it together, and he goes, well, you know when a man is stressed, you know, he can't perform well. And from morning tonight I was preparing to come and meet you. It was this was just a test run. So then he says, yeah, last night was terrible, but I gave it to you this morning.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: And she says, yeah, he did, but you were so big it was painful. At first, but then I stretched to fetch you perfectly.
Speaker 2: I missed all of this. I must have blocked all of this out.
Speaker 1: Well, good for you and good for your brain cells. And I'm sorry. You just had to hear me say it.
Speaker 2: I did not even hear that. They did it in the morning.
Speaker 1: Like he said, I gave it to you this morning. She says, yeah, you did, and it was so big and painful. But then I stretched to fetch you perfectly. I feel like you are made for me. My brain tried to protect me, and then you ruined it. I'm sorry again, if I had to hear it, you have to hear it. So in the talking head, she says, now that we're engaged and have been physical, how will he handle the information I have to tell him? So they're going to drag this out for three more episodes.
Speaker 2: So yeah, even though she told Faith, I'm going to tell him right when I get there, but he proposes, I'm going to tell him before anything happens.
Speaker 1: Also on the bedside table with a picture of Lisa and Faith on his side of the bed, you mean princess, princess princess. Yeah. So they're heading out to a market and she's excited to go see one of these markets. There's little goats running around, just cute except for probably the day. Yeah, there are fish, there is dried fish, there are chicken, there are little tiny sauce. There's women doing here. It's like everything you could ever imagine. And she's like, I just want to look at the little chickens. So a lady pulls the chicken out, which is similar to Renee.
Speaker 2: I was getting flashbacks to Renee spelled rain.
Speaker 1: Let the Chicken live. Yeah, So she pulls one of the chicken out and in the talking head she goes, I love chickens. We used to have some as pets. They were so spoiled. Faith would show them shows on the VCR. He goes, your chickens watch TV. That is crazy. That is crazy. I thought. I was like, that's cute. She set up a little TV for them. So anyway, she puts the chicken back. She's like, I don't want to eat it. So they go to see the textiles and he says, I want you to pick something out and they'll make an outfit for you because you have to wear a traditional outfit to see my uncle. You know, my uncle has to give the approval and the blessing to Mary, because the uncle will get the approval and the blessing and call my father who's not doing well, and give the report back. And the uncle has to see you in the traditional attire. So she's looking at fabrics that she likes and the lady shows her how to tie the head wrap, which is like super loud. It's like crunch, crunch, runch, crunch, crunch, and the lady is telling her how to do it, and she's like, I can't even hear you through all that time crunching. I don't know how to tie this thing on my head. So she picks out some fabric that she likes, and the lady in these countries, as they are, they're just blunt and they don't have hang ups of saying anything to you right to your face about your body, because I think it's just not to be seen as an insult. It's just to be seen as a fact. Yes, and if you're bigger, you know you're bigger, and they just say yeah. And so the lady picks up the fabric, is wrapping it and she goes, I don't know if this is going to go around you, because you're a bit fat. So if I cut it to fit you, it's not gonna work. I'm gonna have to call the tailor. So she goes off to get the tailor their team to deal with your body. I can't just wrap this. We're gonna need two piece as a fabric. So she goes against the tailor and he measures her and she's like, oh god, this is so embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I feel fat.
Speaker 1: But they make the outfit as they do, kind of on the spot, and she's like, now, in addition to being callede fat, I'm worried about everything. I'm going to have to reveal to the uncle. Why does she have to say anything? I have to tell that truth to the uncle. So in the car on the way home, they're sitting there and she goes, Daniel, I am fuming right now, by the way, and he says, oh, why is that. She goes that lady called me fat. He goes, oh, well, okay, she goes, I am stressed and I need to smoke my vape. That's how stressed I am. I know what I said. I wouldn't smoke. I tried to quit and I couldn't. Huh. I'm so frustrated with you because that lady called me fat. It's like, he laughs, He's like, what do you want me to do? You York kind of fat? I mean. So in the talking head, she says, I.
Speaker 2: Just fat still might be like it used to be in all cultures, which was like positive because it meant you are rich and you can eat the.
Speaker 1: Little to eat. Yeah. Yeah, So in the talking head, she says, you know, there are certain things Daniel expects, like he wants me to have my hair a certain way. I think he just wants you to wear that wig.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I have to ask for permission for things like to have a sip of alcohol. He doesn't want me to vape. I told him I would slow down, but you know, I just found out I have to try to impress the uncle, and I'm stressed about that. I want my vape. Wow girl, Okay.
Speaker 2: So also, I just have to interject this conversation they have in the car, which just shows this she's not bright. He She goes, oh, a taxi and he goes, yes, a and he says the word for taxi in his language. She goes, what's that mean? And he goes taxings.
Speaker 1: He dumb, dumb, we just said it bless her. So and we've seen all the postings from like her cousin and everything that have been online. You guys, it's.
Speaker 2: She's a scammer, like faking cancer. They like, yeah, she's she's blanchert Yeah, they say, god mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I can't look her.
Speaker 2: So I like her manicure. That's the nicest thing I can say about her.
Speaker 1: Okay. I think her wigs look great. Okay, Okay. So she's pouting and she says to him, she's you surprised me with that uncle thing, and how am I going to learn to tie that thing on my head? I'm gonna look ridiculous. And he says, well, I'm from Ebu, lend, so you're going to have to learn. I have a note to myself Igbo. But you don't say the G so it's Ebu just so. I'm just I made a note, so I said, try to say it correctly. So, and then talking, Hetty says, you know, it's important to me that she needs to learn the language and she needs to learn the culture. I was like, she's not gonna be able to learn this language on this two week trip. No. Yeah, So they go to a restaurant.
Speaker 2: She does I can't even understand in English that taxi means the thing.
Speaker 1: She was winning it. So they go to a restaurant and they're showing the food. They have this palm wine, they have fufu, they have this soup, and she goes, you know, I researched the fufu and how to do it online, and he says, okay, great. So it's fermented kasava, which I don't know what that is. But you get it and you roll it around, you make it into a ball, and then you dip it. So she's sort of making it flat so it's easier to dip, and he's going, ballet, do it, ballet again. You're not doing it right. Make it round. You're not doing it right. And he's telling her to dip her hand in the soup and eat it. And she's like now, she says, you know, he's trying to prove something to me, and he's being too forceful about it. I work in the nursing field, and I know what kind of germs get under your fingernails. I think she's like an elderly caregiver like Angela.
Speaker 2: Was okay because I was so like what does in the nursing field mean. She's definitely not a nurse. She could not be a nurse.
Speaker 1: Also, baby girl Lisa was also like an elderly caregiver.
Speaker 2: And Danielle, Danielle and Mohammed.
Speaker 1: But she did get her nursing degree eventually seven years later.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, you're right.
Speaker 1: So he has her taste the wine and so she takes a sip and he says, you have to respect it. You have to respect the wine. And she goes, okay, I respect it. And he says, in our dialect we call it moon bossa. I don't know what it was, and he goes say it. So she says moon bossa and he goes, no, call it very well, say it again. Say it and she goes, I'm trying to say it, and he goes, you're not saying it right, and she goes stop it. She says, you drink it and you respect it. She says, good for her.
Speaker 2: He was being so aggressive.
Speaker 1: Yeah do it this way, do it this way, and she says, stop raising your voice at me, don't talk to me that way, and he goes, you relax, and then he says, I hope you're not drunk. One sip can change your system. I think you're drunk. And he's like waving his hand in front of her face and she goes, stop, I took one zip and she says, you're the one that's changed you. Look at you. She says, put the wine down and talk nicely, and he says, stand up and walk right now. I want to see if you can walk. She said, one sip of this thing, and so he wants to see if like she's so drunk she can't walk, and she goes, oh yeah, watch me walk. She goes outside, she said on a crazy outfit by the way.
Speaker 2: So I know, but I was like, go walk to the airport, go home.
Speaker 1: Go right to a production van. So she gets her vape and she's out there like shaking it to get the juice out, and then she's inhaling and going ah, and he walks out and he's like, where is my Woman's hilarious. So she's like, I am mad. He's not going to talk to me like that and shake his hand in front of my face. So he goes out and he's like, baby, why are you out here? And she goes, why are you talking to me? Like put your hand in my face, talk to me like that, and he goes, I wanted to be sure you're okay because of the wine. And she goes, I maybe had two SIPs and he says, one drop can change you. I mean, what is it? Is it? Heroin? Like? What is this wine?
Speaker 2: Geez?
Speaker 1: And she goes, well, then why would you order it and drink it and have me drink it? And he goes, I wanted you to know about our traditional drinks that make you so drunk after one step that you wave your hand on somebody's face and can't walk. And she goes, and you can't get mad at me that I can't pronounce everything properly. I'm an American and you don't pronounce everything properly either, And he says, but you came to Africa, you came to Nigeria. And she says, so what, don't raise your voice? You'd be nice. And she's like, and she's shaking that thing to get the last of the juice. Yeah, and he goes, how could I raise my voice? Just you, my beautiful queen. You look at you. You're so beautiful, my beautiful queen talking and she goes the way he's behaving is given off warning signs yes, yes, So he says, listen, I told my uncle you are Christian, but you are smoking. Should I tell him that you don't vape? I don't want to be a liar. In my family, we only tell the truth and we don't tell lies, no matter how hard. And she goes what. She goes, you have to be a Christian? What does that have to do with vaping? And she goes, so, if he doesn't get the blessing, then we can't get married. He says, I'm a grown man and I can make my own decision. But I did come from somewhere. If they've gone back inside now, he says, in my family, we have our way of doing things, and we have to be sure that we have the blessing. And he says, my biggest concern is your vaping. And she goes, oh, and he goes what And shees just thinking about something and they're talking head she has He's concerned about the vaping, but that seems really small compared to all the other things he doesn't know. And what's that telling everything? Does he have to tell his family about it? I don't want to lose Daniel, Okay.
Speaker 2: Why he was just screaming at you to eat soup with your hands.
Speaker 1: Soup with your hands is a choice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't like it, but I know it's cultural, so whatever. But she's just not bright because at least she's seeing the red flags. But it has taken her five bad marriages to see. Well, I know, she said like three of them were bad at least and some of them, I'm pretty bad divorce, so yes, but one was because she decided she was lesbian, right right right, right, right right. But there have been maybe fifteen people that have been not great because they've moved like fifteen times. So Faith is gone to fifteen schools that's in the same So each one she learns like a little bit more, but so she just learns a little bit slower than the rest of us.
Speaker 1: Bless y'all. My entire family wears glasses, So I think glasses are as important as a haircut or your makeup or your clothes. They're one of the first things people noticed when they look at you. So it's wild how buying glasses has always felt hard and impossible to find styles you actually like, Like you think you find something online and you get them and you're like, oh my gosh, these are outdated. They're like the wrong size for your face. And this is why I'm obsessed with Warby Parker. Seriously, nothing comes close on quality, price, selection, customer service. My entire family currently wears Warby Parker glasses and sunglasses. I have three pair right now in my purse. So you need to check out the Warby Parker virtual try on. It's a game changer. You can literally try on glasses from your phone before you buy, and it's crazy how well it actually works. I've tried other virtual trials that feel real janky. It looks like they're doing like a cut and paste, but with Warby Parker, you can genuinely tell how the frames are going to look and fit, so you don't get something like huge on your face or too tiny on your face. You just point your camera and boom, you can see tons of frames on your face in real time. I love it. And when it comes to quality for the price, Warby Parker is the best. Their prescription glasses start at ninety five dollars, so you can actually get quality and stylish frames at an affordable price. And they don't just offer the incredible prescription glasses, they have everything you need for happier eyes. That includes contact lenses, online eye exams, and sunglasses. It's all in one place, which makes everything so much easier. My daughter has her prescription glasses and prescription sunglasses from Warby Parker. Really cute. They also have over three hundreds tell stores across the US. We have one right by my house. We love going in there. The staff is so fun and nice and they really know their stuff. I mean they will look right at you and say, girl, those are too big for your face. And you know, I'm always like what about this? What about that? And they're very honest and I love the people in there, So it's nice to know you have that in person option if you ever want it. And as you know, for every pair of glasses they sell, they give a pair to someone in need. Warby Parker has distributed over twenty million pairs of glasses to people in need through its buy a Pair, Give a Pair program, And they're covered by major eye insurance plans. So when you're online, you just enter your information to see if you're eligible for benefits, and if you are, they will automatically apply them for you. Warby Parker gives you quality and better looking prescription eyewear at a fraction of the going price. Our listeners get fifteen percent plus free shipping when they buy two or more pairs of prescription glasses at Warbyparker dot com slash pink Shade. That's fifteen percent and off. When you buy two pairs of glasses at warby Parker dot com slash pink Shade. After you purchased, they will ask you where did you hear about us? And please support our show and tell them we sent you. Okay, let's move to Forest and Sheena. And my only note for these two is remember when the parents said they would have to pay to stay at their place? Yeah? Now I'm like, is it because their place is an airbnb?
Speaker 2: It's an airbnb?
Speaker 1: And they're like, we had other bookings, so we'd have to bump people and you'd have to pay unclear? Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I would still let them stay for free, especially because she's paid for most of it.
Speaker 1: And probably they didn't say that. Now we're finding out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so they get on this tricycle thing once again. He is too large for this society. Also, Sheina is size beautiful, so you have two sized beautiful people. He is scared because he has to put his foot down cut them off financially, but he also needs to win them over and get their blessing to Mary Sheena, and he's just learned. They're going to question him about why he doesn't have a job, and he says, I just a loser on disability. You don't have to be though.
Speaker 1: I think he could work.
Speaker 2: Niles works. I think lots of people with autism spectrum disorder and ADHD can work. I think Mollie has infantilized him and made him think that he cannot do anything and.
Speaker 1: Is helpless without her.
Speaker 2: So far, he's done fine on this trip, and Molly has needed him more than she's he's needed her. So the dad and the sister are outside waiting for them, and they're all shy, so it's just four people standing around staring at each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently the mom is sick, so we won't he won't be meeting her. I was suspicious. So the place is beautiful. It is huge backyard, lots of like cute lawn furniture. There's a pool, there's a huge gate.
Speaker 1: It is like.
Speaker 2: Greenery and good manicured lawns and like super fancy and it's a bed and breakfast that they run. And Forrest says, I'm confused because she's always told me she needs money because they need to fix up the roof or whatever. He's he thought they were living in poverty, like like big ed when he went to see Rose.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that's what that's what we thought. Yes, but it's really not. I would kill the live there. They even have inside the place, which is a beautiful, huge house. They have one of those black signs with the white letters that you move around. This is welcome to whoever it is. Yeah, it says welcome, Sir Forrest. So he's thinking things are not adding up.
Speaker 2: So he kind of says to Sheina, your dad seems awesome, and she says they are great people. She's like, hmm, you've said they've threatened to throw you out on the street.
Speaker 1: That was the sister, right, that's the sister.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, no, he said, she she I went back and looked at some of the stuff she had said. She had said her mom had said like horrible things to her and threatened to throw her out and say like horrible things about her to everyone in the town. So maybe the mom is the bad one. And that's why she has been poisoned and locked up. And they're saying she's sick.
Speaker 1: But that's the sister that we met. That's who that was. Is the dad and the dad and the sister. We have not met the mom.
Speaker 2: So the producer asks Sheena, do you think Forest was expecting something different from the house, and she says yes, and that's probably my fault. There are things I haven't been honest about and I'm scared that something could be said and everything will fall apart. Wow. So they serve dinner and he says Forrest is like, so far, they aren't the evil dragons I've been expecting. They're very nice. So they ask about his trip to the Philippines and he says, it was long, but I got to see Sheena for the first time.
Speaker 1: Why twenty nineteen.
Speaker 2: We've seen the pictures drinking Starbucks. So they ask, what were you expecting from us, and he says, well, my mom kind of thought I was walking into a scam and I can't believe you said that, and they say, well, there are scammers everywhere, and we're going to meet your mom tomorrow and prove her wrong. Goodness, and this is says it's been so many years. You know, we didn't know if we'd ever meet you. And he says, yeah, I would have come sooner, but I don't make much. It was a financial problem, and she says, just eat, babe, just to eat. She's like, don't talk.
Speaker 1: Don't talk.
Speaker 2: And the sister says, what is your job and he says.
Speaker 1: Choking.
Speaker 2: He still literally starts choking on his food. He goes, I'm unemployed and on disability and I have autism. I have trouble talking to people, like right now, I am having trouble talking to you. Even he's doing fine.
Speaker 1: He's doing fine.
Speaker 2: He is stressed. And the sister says, well, do you make enough to support yourself and he says, yeah, but it's not enough for like a family or a wife. So I know I'm going to be getting a full time job soon and I would like to ask for your blessing to marry Sheena, which is maybe not the right.
Speaker 1: Time, but I'm unemployed and I plan in the future I have a job.
Speaker 2: I couldn't need to do that at anytime.
Speaker 1: But probably needs to do that Before they apply for the K one visa, he has to prove that he can support her, yes.
Speaker 2: Or Molly is going to have to sponsor her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she the dad says, well, you know, you need to have funds, you need a job, and he's like, yeah, I'm gonna work full time again. Why haven't you that's far. Yeah, he says it's because he wanted to talk to Sheena all day so they could be on the same time zone. The story keeps changing, and then it was because of his disability because he couldn't focus at work. On Reddit, they say he works at a pharmacy. Now so good. Yeah. So dad tells us he has concerns because he believes the man should support the wife and Forrest doesn't have any money. But also Sheena is very helpful and he can't afford.
Speaker 1: To lose that. There we go, yeah we uh huh.
Speaker 2: So he says, okay, you have my blessing, but you need to help her, and you know she helps us too with funds and things, basically saying, I will give you my blessing, but you need to support us to take over because she is supporting us.
Speaker 1: Yes, if Sheena gives three hundred dollars a month to the house, you guys have to continue to do that even if you get married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So the sister says, I'm really excited to meet your parents. Let's change the subject.
Speaker 1: And I was like, it to a worse subject.
Speaker 2: So, wait, you'll be lucky if Molly doesn't flip a table and Dev's teeth fly out. Now, like, there are so many bad scenarios that can happen tomorrow, so Forrest says, And they're gonna be wearing those stupid hats, so it's gonna be even worse. So Forrest says, he's a He's like, I know my mom is gonna flip out when she sees how sheina is, how nice this place is, and she's gonna think everything has.
Speaker 1: Been a lie. Yeah, totally is. Yeah, and we do too, kind of uh huh because the dad and the sister also speak perfect English. Yeah, and you wonder what other languages they speak, because you know, they get a lot of tourists and stuff.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, that's true. I don't know what's going on. I feel like there's still there's so much we don't know. There's so many mysteries here. She she looks stressed, so stressed, and she said, I haven't been honest about things. So, but is it because of her parents? I just I want she need to be a good lady.
Speaker 1: I want them to work. And it could just be mom is like a total asshole and rules the family and she's sick, but she's not very sick. You know, she's sick like Sumit's mom pretends to be sick. I'm dizzy. Yeah, I'm so dizzy. Somebody come in here, give me a live left love poster. Okay, Laura and beer Can. So here's what I found out about beer Can's debt, because I did have lots of people reach out to say they don't think it matters if you have debt when you get the K one visa. So here's what I found when I asked our friend doctor Google. It says having substantial debt doesn't automatically disqualify you for a K one visa, but the US citizen petitioner must prove they can financially support the immigrant with sufficient income, potentially requiring a joint sponsor if debt reduces their ability to meet that income threshold. The key is demonstrating financial stability and income through tax returns and assets, not just having debt and being transparent about liabilities to avoid complications immigration officers look at the overall financial picture. So unclear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a lot of words.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of words that AI gave me to confuse me. Okay. Yeah. So we open up with Laura saying, Okay, so you're telling me about this big debt and everybody thinks you're using me for a green cart in money. And now I'm wondering if that's true. And he says, but do you think that? And she goes, now, I don't know, and he says, you know that I am a person. Am not like that. And if I was like that, I just wouldn't have told you about the debt, you know. And I know I just have to hustle to make some money to pay it off. Shalking ahead, Laura says.
Speaker 2: Well why haven't you? This is all every It's like Forrest, I'm going to do well. I'm going to go yeah, yeah I could have.
Speaker 1: Here's my plan for doing it next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I'm talking to Ed. She says, he's just told me he's fifty thousand dollars in debt and would just flee the country to get rid of his debt and that makes me feel like he's straight up using me. So they leave the restaurant and head home, and it says thirty minutes later and we see him in the kitchen, you know, doing the dishes, and the producer's talking to her, and she says, I don't know what to think. I'm frustrated. You know, he told me about this dead at dinner and he's only talked about honesty and pride and respect. But it's hard to respect somebody who hasn't been telling me the truth. And I thought he was the man who would honor the provide and respect as a man that he talks about, But now I don't know. So she goes into the kitchen and he says, why are you mad at I'm just a little baby. Oh my god, I link now, and she goes, stop trying to be cute. He goes, I'm not trying to be cute. Why are you mad at me? She's like, stop it. He pushes her up against the wall and they like make out, yeah, and then he takes her hand. He goes, you can't be mad at me and takes her into the bedroom. I think in addition to Nietzsche, he's been reading up on his harlequin. Momisces, yep, yeah, so and he're talking to him.
Speaker 2: It's like, which ware Wolf's book character should I act?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: So first I'm going to try coquettish and see if she will.
Speaker 1: Fall for that. But she didn't fall for that. So next I'm gonna go smoldering bad boy vampire and maybe that'll work. And it does. So I'm talking to her. She says, yes, I'm still nervous about his intentions. But yeah, these are all my fantasies rolled into one moment. I mean, having a hot Turkish god push you against the wall and make out with you. Wow, it's really irresistible.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay.
Speaker 1: So now they're going to a place where they make evil eye beads, and it was funny because they see some like, you know, street dogs and she goes, oh, I forgot. You don't like dogs. He goes, I don't like them because they they bite you and they bark you. She goes, no, they bark at you. He goes, whatever, my English isn't perfect.
Speaker 2: So I didn't like that. I was like, how many languages do you speak?
Speaker 1: Laura like, yeah, she knew what he meant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you don't need to correct his English. He speaks perfectly fine English.
Speaker 1: So they're going to this place where they make these evil eye beads and they're all hanging in the trees and stuff, and we find out a learning channel. Evil eye beads are for good luck. This dates back three thousand years to ancient times. And he explains that, like, if people are jealous of you or they're talking bad about you, and you have on the evil eye, it'll catch, it'll catch it, it'll consume that.
Speaker 2: Obsessed with the evil a lie Lauren of Lauren and Alexi, and she designs clothes and stuff with the evil eye on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like lippy.
Speaker 2: It repels Libby and Andre.
Speaker 1: I have it on my neck, on my bag, on my clothes. And I think I didn't know that that the evil eye was supposed to like catch the negativity. I didn't know. I thought it was just a see bad whatever. It doesn't. Who cares, beer Kan says, I don't know. People need things to believe in, but me, no, I'm grounded in reality. Did you know that I read? Okay?
Speaker 2: So he says, But she likes crafts, so I thought she'd enjoy this I thought it was so funny because she's already like such older than him. Yeah, a school teacher, so even though she does the erotic fiction, she's like still a crafty gal.
Speaker 1: He's like, tomorrow we're going to a scrapbooking lessons.
Speaker 2: Sexy scraph looking, Yeah, there's she didn't know about that.
Speaker 1: I've been painting. Yeah. Does she know about sneaky Sasquatch? You could play it on Apple Arcade. So next she asked him about his family. She was like, so, you know, I don't know much about your family, and he goes, no, I don't talk to them very much. You know, my parents are not happy that I'm with you. Wow, and you're talking to She goes, it's weird because my family doesn't approve of this relationship. And now I'm hearing his family doesn't approve of this relationship. It's very upsetting. It's hard to have a relationship when everything is against you.
Speaker 2: Why do you think is it because she's American or older? What else? Could not? Their religion?
Speaker 1: Maybe all three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: And whatever he knows for his real job that we don't know yet. They're probably they don't approve of that. Whatever it is if we.
Speaker 2: Don't find out next week, I'm going to flip this table.
Speaker 1: Did you know that? This week when we got the screener, I went straight to their section and watched it, and I went straight to their next section to see if we're gonna find out.
Speaker 2: I'm dying to know.
Speaker 1: I'm so frustrated they to say, we'll get the screener, we'll fast forward to it.
Speaker 2: Okay, No, because next week gets to the friends and they're going to be like, should we say it? We should we say it? There's a big secret she does know about beer Can and then it's going to be like next week on ninety Days, they're going to drag it out too.
Speaker 1: March. I'm also hoping she's going to realize one of his best friends as a woman. Yeah, and so it's not fair that she can't have a friend, right, So she says to him, She goes, you know, meeting a person's family is a really good way to get to know a person. And he goes, well, my my family now is just my friends, and she goes, well, I understand that because that's how I feel about my friend Michael. He's my family and he says, fuck Michael.
Speaker 2: What Michael needs an evil eye to keep beer Can.
Speaker 1: Away to absorb that. Yeah, And he says, I don't want you too close to him. I don't like him, and she goes, well, he's very important to me and we're together all the time. And he says, well, here's the solution. You'll cut him out of out of your life. And she goes, Okay, it's an ultimatum. And he goes, no, it's not an ultimatum. You choose me, that's it. And she goes, what And he says, we are talking marriage, and when we get married, he cannot be in our lives. Yeah, you heard me right. Well. Also, he's he's fully deflecting from his family, his shady job, and his debts. One.
Speaker 2: But I think he's also looked at her kindle and he's seen that she has a lot of heroes, men that are very uhrhet butler And that was the first example I can think current references only and very curus. So he's trying to be like really assertive.
Speaker 1: Really a strong man that you know, I will just tell my woman what to do, yeah, because she'll get turned on by that. Yeah, yeah, and then later on we'll make out by the wall, and she says, Michael is just my friend and he's not asking me to cut you out. And he goes, okay, but this is our relationship. It's you don't need an activities buddy, which is kind of what Michael is I do.
Speaker 2: Are you gonna play pickleball with her?
Speaker 1: Are you going to make bread with her?
Speaker 2: They are pickleball champions, they have literally trophies.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yeah, so she says, you know, a regarding beer can, she says, this changes my opinion on beer can a bit. You know, he's trying to force me to make a decision that I don't want to make. And he says, well, he says to her, he says, well think a little on it now, and I'm going to get some air or some peace. And he walks out of the Evil Eye place and she's like, oh, and in the talking her, she goes, I don't like this weird, controlling side of him. It's shocking that he would walk out. It's super disrespectful. It doesn't feel like the man I knew online. I think he literally like walked to the other side of that door to smoke. I don't think yeah, calm down, I don't think he got in the car and left.
Speaker 2: But also, crafting is supposed to make people zen and it was not doing it.
Speaker 1: No, no, okay, we're going to finish up with Rick and Trish slash Trisha and uh I did a reel about them too, guys, because wow, wow do I hate this guy? Wow?
Speaker 2: Was it about the tarp? Mm hmm okay, I saw that one where we were talking about the turf.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, this is a new one. And this is about where she calls him cheap and he goes, I'm not I ain't nobody, sugar daddy. No joke, no joke. Bye.
Speaker 2: So they had makeup sex after their argument and it was good. She says it wasn't tarp good, but it was okay.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: So they are going by plane to a romantic trip to Newsy Bay, but it's kind of looks like nowsy, like Nosy Bay, which is my nickname. I'm a nosy Bee. So they drive by a mall and she goes, you should buy me some things like a bathing suit, and he says, here we go. I know you have expensive tastes and then he calls her bougie and she gets really mad and he says I'm nobody's sugar daddy, never have, never will be. She says, you are cheap because I have no money. I can't be a sugar daddy because I'm broke. So Tricia says, says, I'm not a sugar baby.
Speaker 1: I have my own money.
Speaker 2: You just so you assume the worst, and girl, you don't know the worst. The worst is what he did, and he has not told you yet, so gear up for that. They get to the hotel and he is like, look what I did, which is what the hotel did, which was put out flowers and things like. He wants credit, like he physically did it, and she says, I don't care, and he says, because the roses aren't made of gold, bougie, and sure, he's such a jerk. They start arguing about the sugar baby thing, and he says, I already do things for you. Didn't I pay your rent? And she says, so, I guess he did pay her rent at some point or every month.
Speaker 1: We don't know, We don't know.
Speaker 2: And he says, I'm gonna get you what you need, but not always what you want, which is a rolling Stone song, and she says, you forget it, keep your money, and he says, I could have gotten this type of attitude in this States.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well, I don't have to come all the way over here. I could be treated bad by a woman in the States.
Speaker 2: Like all American women are gold diggers, and he was hoping for There's plenty of women who have jobs and can support themselves in the States. That is just not who you are attracting. Because you are online looking for an international sex tourist.
Speaker 1: Sugar Baby nailed it. Haf your age.
Speaker 2: Maybe the had a woman your own age and she'll be able to support herself. So he says, I thought you were different, and she says I thought you were different too, and like, I didn't think you'd bring a tarp when we were having this. So he says, you thought I was like your ex you're rich ex, I'm not. And I was like, well, you are like the ex, but it's because of the cheating, not the finances.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So trishays I'm with him for love, and I hate that he always assumes otherwise. And he says, you know what I do for a living, What were you expecting? I sell hair extensions seasonally for God's sake, and it's not tap dancing lesson season.
Speaker 1: So what am I supposed to do? So we'll never get over the all selling of hair extensions. It makes no sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can only there's a very short six week window when people buy hair extensions and take tap lessons, and the rest of the time we don't. Also, he lives in Los Angeles where it's the same season all year long, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: What he's talking about.
Speaker 2: So the next day they go on a boat ride and it's they're all tense because of the fight.
Speaker 1: The beach is stunning, it is this is the most gorgeous place I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 2: And I kept thinking of Katie because one of her life bucket bucket lists is to go in that clear water.
Speaker 1: Where you can see your feet.
Speaker 2: I don't know why she really wants that clear water.
Speaker 1: Okay, tell her to go to Destin, Florida. They have the clear water thereous great and much cheaper Madagascar.
Speaker 2: So he apologizes for the day before. He says it triggered something from a past relationship where he stopped paying for things and then they didn't want to be with him anymore. And he's specifically talking about his baby mama of the two youngest kids.
Speaker 1: That you saw on that Yeah, and she's super sassy.
Speaker 2: She is from Nigeria. He brought her to America on the K one visa and she says he stopped being like loving and nice when she got there. And he says, she stopped like having sex with me because I wasn't paying for everything. It was very felt, very transactional, and they both dropped the ball on what their side of the transaction was. So, yeah, they had two kids though, Yeah, that's true. She was obviously doing something. So he says, you know, I she.
Speaker 1: Expected more than I could give, and so that's why I've tried to be really transparent about my finances with Trish, less transparent about other things, right, right, But the Finn's he gonna tell her.
Speaker 2: I know, so maybe when we hear about beer Can's shop. So she says, look, I'm never gonna leave you, but I want to make sure you buy me everything I need, which sounds bad, but then she explains she's like, I will be giving up my job and everything when I moved to America, so you'll have to support me at least for a while. She won't be able to work for a while. So he says, yes, I will, you know, and she says, my ex bought me a lot of things, but I wasn't happy. And Rick is so much better because he gives me love. And he says, you think I'm enough? And she says yes, and he says that means so much to me. I was like, you are a cheater and you are asking her for to pump you up and give you assurances that you're enough, and that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: So I can't wait until she finds out dumps his ass. I just can't wait.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. And also he's been having sex with her this whole time, well, holding a secret that is so big that she might break up with you, which.
Speaker 1: He's literally going to tell her four minutes before he goes to the airport because he wants to have all the sex he can yeah before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it feels like that sex fraud, Like it feels gross. It's like that manipulation to get someone of sex with you by holding this big secret.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 2: I hate it. I hate everything about him. He's so gross. I agree. But now they're all happy because she still has no idea.
Speaker 1: And they're gonna have makeup sex or everything's great. Okay. So next time on Rick and Tricia, they see lemurs. She calls them something else. She says the word humor a different than we say it, but to us they're lemurs and they're like little cute, little monkey looking things are adorable, and they're looking at the lemurs and he says, you know, all of this is going to be worth it if I can bring a step mommy home for my children. And she says, well, we have to talk about you.
Speaker 2: You have a mommy.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah, why, yeah, they have a mom And she says, I really want my own kids. And she tells us like, if he says no, we're not going to have kids, then it's a deal breaker, which, by the way, he's probably gonna lie and says I'll have a kid, and then he doesn't want to we'll get up. But sept Anna Lynne says, now that she's with Jovan, her husband, he's giving her trust issues. And she says, remember what we talked about before you came. And he goes, yeah, I told you I'm going to stop talking to that person. And she goes, so let me see your phone. Let me see it now, dum, we'll find out what happens. Beer Can and Laura meet with his friends. It seems like they're at a hookah bar and she said, tell me something I don't know about beer Can and they go, did you find out about the debt? Okay? Check, Well there is this one other thing. And the friends are like, you better tell her now or it's gonna get worse. Okay, again, we don't know what it is. So Molly and dev arrive at Sheena's parents' house and they were like, whoa, this place is really nice. And Mollie tells the dad, sheda told us if she doesn't give you money, you will mistreat her. And the sister and dad are like, what did you say that? And she was like, oh, she's gonna start crying again. Yeah, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad Molly is actually gonna lay it all out on the table. We're gonna get to the bottom of this. Even though she's being a total dick about it. She's we're still gonna hopefully get to the bottom of this mystery.
Speaker 1: Well, I think she's like, you don't know. You don't guys, You guys don't know what she's been saying about you, right right, She's told you that we're terrible. But listen to what she said about you guys. You know, uh huh. Yeah. Daniel takes Lisa to meet the uncle. She figured out how to wrap that thing around her head and the uncle is like, up on this chair in her room. It's like he's a king. And he says, you are not an Ebu woman, and she's like no, and the talking head Lisa says, I'm sitting next to the man that I love and I don't wanna lie. She tells. The uncle says, you are Christian, and she says, I am. I haven't always been a good Christian, but Daniel makes me want to be a better person. And she cries. And then the uncle says, and you are practicing lesbianism. She's like what I mean? She's like, I'm not practicing. I got real good at it. Okay, practice makes pro professional lesbian. So obviously the I don't know if he has a list of questions like are you a Christian? Are you a lesbian? Do you vape? Do you steal money from people? Like if he's going through the ten Commandments? Yeah, what are you's doing? Do you murder your neighbor? I don't know, right and just lesbian happened to be one of the questions, But I mean she could She's not a practicing lesbian right now, She's a practicing heterosexual at the moment, she could say right now, now she get answer that with right now?
Speaker 2: No, let's know, I need her to tell the truth so that he'll break up with her, so that this won't happen, because this is a bad idea, this whole thing. He wants an American and he thinks this is the best one he can get, right and.
Speaker 1: She can't pay she can't pay her rent. How is she going to pay the ten thousand to get him over there?
Speaker 2: She's gonna ask that friend who is so enabling of this behavior that she needs to have put her foot down. Faith needs to go no contact. And I mean then she won't be able to get him here because she will have no one to sponsor.
Speaker 1: What a mess, you guys. This is a great season. We are only on episode seven, but it feels like, you know, and we still haven't seen Alesa and Joshua whatever. Oh h they're going to throw into us at that. Yeah, I mean I think they're going to bring it because I think I'm predicting that Laura and beer Can are going to drop off, And the only reason I'm predicting that is just from things that we saw the previous for the season where the two of them have a fight because Michael shows up. Yeah, and then maybe when we find out what his real job is, she's going to be like, yeah, I can't deal with you being a jiggalow or whatever, or maybe he's like a male prostitute that gives below jobs for money, Like I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, then he clearly lied by saying I haven't had sex in this many years, right, which I'm sure he has no problem lying, So I don't know why I'm holding that to some sort of truth standard.
Speaker 1: He got her though, with that making out in the kitchen, he really got her. Kimberly, A Date with Dayline is back because Dayline came back on Friday, and I was so happy. I'm going to download it from the Peacock app and watch it on the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was wild. It's an updated episode to a case we've did several years ago. But I have Jake with me this week.
Speaker 1: Actually, Okay, so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very special guest Jake, And it's a Wild episode. This Lady is a menace.
Speaker 1: Okaydiety, I love a menace. So everybody make sure you are following a Date with Dayline, listening to a Date with Dayline, wherever you get your podcasts, following us on social media at Date Dateline, at Pink Shade Pod. Like I said, up at all. Some very funny reels from this episode. I put them out last night because I haven't been a look. I had been screenshotting as I was watching, and you, guys, fingers crossed. Next week we're going to find out what beer Cans secret is. And again, guys, if the audio isn't great on this, I'm literally wedged. It's like between two ferns and between two pillows. Next week we'll be back with better audio. I won't be traveling, so thank you Kimberly, and I will see you this weekend for ninety day the other way. Thank you. Nice m