Speaker 1: Five o five at fifty five k r C the talk station Happy Friday. Say well, whoops, whoops if you heard the clanking of my uh water bottle, my metal water bottle hitting the floor of their apologies right there at the time we were uh well reassured that it is Friday with the woohoo from Executi producer dress tracker Brian Thomas right here. Glad to be hope. You can stop at fifty five kres dot com get your podcasts. Jay Rattleff always enjoyed my conversations with Jay. On Thursday, we learned about the Urban Baron Bash which is taking place next weekend. Opportunity for you to have a great time, enjoy some wonderful music and care cancer and don't forget independent of being at the burb and Baron Bash. There is also a link for the Bourbon Raffle which will be drawn let's see in Monday following the Bourbon Baron Bash. So two opportunities to drink bourbon. So it all goes to cure cancer. So thanks to the cure starts now Keith Desterton Studio to talk about that. Stef you left and we'd enjoy you would appreciate your vote for I have a kind of court of Appeals District one. She's tough on crime. She made that eminently clear. Currently a prosecutor and would enjoy working on the appellate court. So it's right there at fifty five Carcey dot com. We're also encourage you to please get your iHeartMedia app because you can listen wherever you happen to be with your smart device. Stream all the content, including the fifty five Casee Morning Show, whether it's live or sometime later in the day on the podcast page. Let us see who's Joe got lined up this morning. Of course, Friday's Tech Friday with Day had her first guest six thirty. Every Friday. Today, we'll talk with Dave about Google threatening I guess the so called social media influencers unless they recommend the Google's phone brand. Okay, Mayor Hatter, Dave Hatter taking off his Interest I hat and putting on his Mayor hat. He's urging cybersecurity focus. Of course, he urges that to everybody every Friday. Cybersecurity. Cybersecurity. When you're designing programs, start with security in mind and then work from there. And of course for those people with systems and security or with computers and systems in place, It's time to focus on well building up security. And he regularly says stay off TikTok. We know his mantra on that one. He also recommends staying away from Google. Don't give to Google your data. There are other options. Today the message is stay off Timu, Joe, do you know about Are you familiar with Timu?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: It's like Chinese Amazon? Okay? Wasn't most of the stuff on Amazon manufacturing in China? Anyway? Is this trip really necessary? Well, we'll get the details with Dave Hatterck and beginning at six point thirty fast forward to seven thirty are resident German expert hair Don Teltzman, Don Heinrich Toltzman, v Gaate and Z It's October fest season. We're going to get information in the German festivals and follow German American Citizen League of Greater Cincinnati on Facebook, where you will find out about all the German festivals. I want to find out about the German festivals by having them actually come in studio with the food and the beverages. I don't know why that's gone by the wayside. Somebody out there doesn't feel like coming to the studio and talking about this stuff. Always have a good time doing that, So we'll see if we can't bring that back at some point. And then the war birds lunkin airport weekend, Jim Stid's going to come in and talk about the war burds. You hear commercials on that one. So in Monday, I am off, Joe Strucker is off, Gary Jeff Walker will be covering for me on Labor Day, and then sadly, Joe Strekker will be out the balance of the week, leaving me to my own devices. Joe is indeed excited about that. Did you watch Kamala Harrison Tim Wallas last night, Joe? Did you see anything about ratings? Did they have like a number of people that you didn't see any articles? Neither did I not a single one, So no idea how many people tuned in to watch that she had endeavored to deal with her flip flops. Dan Bash trying to pin her down on her various flip flops, first interview she held in thirty nine days. She never answers media questions or very rarely. We all know that she has not held a real, genuine press conference. Instead, she opted for a pre recorded CNN interview. And if anybody did watch it, did it appear to be edited? I did not. I go to bed at eight, all right, so I didn't stay up to watch it. I was just reading the accounts this morning, fairly consistent in their criticis and analysis, these various accounts. Uh Bash asking Harris, the voters are really eager to hear what your plans are if you're elected. What would you do on day one in the White House? The day one agenda? Quote, Well, there are a number of things I will tell you, first and foremost. One of my highest priorities is to do what we can to support and strengthen the middle class. Period. Is that an insightful response? Does anybody know what that means? Do what we can see? It's the what we can part that we're all curious about. What specifically can you do on day one? Kamala Harris? She went on, when I look at the aspirations, the goals, the ambitions of the American people, I think that people are ready for a new way forward in a way that generations of Americans have been fueled by by hope and by optimism. So do what we can with a new way forward fueled by hope and optimism. Oh well, that's what she's going to do. Oh well, that was crimped. I feel enlightened, Johanan. I think sadly the last decade we've had the former president, someone who has really been pushing an agenda and an environment that is about diminishing the character and strength of who we are as Americans, really dividing our nation. And I think people are ready to turn the page on that. Oh wow, you know, I suppose we could probably spend literally hours on talking about the ways in which the Democrats, not the Republicans, have been dividing our name a wrong, every single possible topic involving our societal relations with each other, whether it's defunding the police, the LGBTQ plus agenda, we, I mean, just everything in the world is now this argument and this shouting match in this division match didn't used to be that way, And I'd say I would argue strongly that this really began an earnest under the Obama administration, was doubled down on by the Biden administration by his puppet masters, most notably the likes of probably Barack Obama. So Bash had to press her after that word salad, not really word salad, but that empty, vacuous nothingness that she uttered new way forward, hope and optimism. So what would you do day one? Quote Kamala Harris. Day one, It's going to be about one implementing my plan for what I call an opportunity economy. Now you pause for a moment, you think, Okay, this is the point at which she will start elaborating on her plan and deciding or defining for you and I what exactly is an opportunity economy. Her follow up sentence to that, I've already laid out a number of proposals in that regard, which includes what we're going to do to bring down the cost of everyday goods? Pause? Does anybody know anything that she has uttered by way of bringing down the cost of everyday goods except for her well fleeting comment about price controls, which ended up drawing the ire of every single economist and studier of student of history on the planet, and then she moved away from that. So what else has she said? I've already laid out a number of proposals in that regard were her words? Anyway? What we're going to do to bring down the cost through the economy. Already laid out of my proposals in regard to what we're going to do to invest in America's small businesses. Anybody remember what she's laid out about that? Nah, I didn't think so. And finally, what we're going to do to invest in families. Now that's the only one. She put a little bit of meat on the bones of the empty, vacuous statement. Day one, it's going to be about one implementing. Okay, hold on, I read that one already. For example, extending the child tax credit to six thousand dollars for families for the first year of their child's life to help them buy a car seat it's an expensive car seat, to help them buy baby clothes, a crib, And that's basically the Donald Trump plan to give you a five thousand dollars tax credit. She just added a grand so stealing from the Trump ideas and repackage of them into her idea. So that's the one thing that would be the related to I suppose her comment about investing in families. Then she follows up, there's the work that we're going to do that is about investing in the American family around affordable housing a big issue in our country right now. So there are a number of things on day one, So I get out of that six thousand dollars child tax credit. Other than that nothing now, Later she did suggest a twenty five thousand dollars down payment for every American so they can afford to buy a house. Now, again, the economists are probably screaming, going, well, that's just going to increase the price of a house by twenty five thousand dollars because everybody's starting off on the same playing field. You know, it's like you're in a bidding war. Harris doubled down in the interview is saying she would not banfracking if elected, claiming she made that clear back during the twenty twenty election. I remember during the twenty twenty elections she was selected to be vice president of Joe Biden, and during her debate with Mike Pence, she said, Joe Biden will not ban fracking. Joe Biden will not banfracking. However, when she was running for president, she specifically said, hell, yes, I will banfracking. And she of course mentioned a couple of times that her principles have not changed. She's the same person. So there's a little dodge, dip, duck, dive and dodge going on on that one. So on the record, her words were in twenty nineteen, I will banfracking, and again as the vice presidential candidate during the debate she said Joe Biden will not banfracking. She apparently was not asked during her period of time as vice president what her feelings are, her thoughts are, and whether she, if given the opportunity to do so, would banfracking. So that one's still out there. So there are obviously other points to be made on this, but I would say in terms of substantive interviews containing substance providing us with a clear, focused vision on the Kamala Harris Plan for the future. On a one to ten scale, I'm gonna go with like one or two five seventeen fifty five Carris detalk station five to one, three seven four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two three talk, go with pound five fifty on at and two phones and get in touch with Chimneycare, fireplace and stuff. It's a great time to take care of your safety. Safety. Safety safety. It's important that you think about safety. I mean, my own illustration is a great reason why, because I didn't think there was anything wrong with my original fireplace insert. I mean the house was built, the thing went in. I used it over the years, and you know it's after quite a few years. I took my own advice. I'm talking for chimneycare, fireplace and stuff. So I called them up. Jeff Key for the owner came over and that's when I got the bad news. Jeez, Brian, you basically don't use this. It's extremely dangerous. The venting was a real problem with the heat could not escape from behind that firebox. So it's really getting very very hot, and you know, you get over a certain temperature, you can burn your house down. So out that went in when a new lining, a brand new fire place insert, which is gorgeous and it's such an upgrade of what we had before. Ours is gas, but you may want to a wood wood a wood waste pellet insert, or just a wood burning insert gets the heat from in the box out into the room. Much more efficient way to do a fireplace and safer as well. They'll inspect your chimney with a video camera and may have some water damage going on there. You don't even know about it and me need to be swept. They do it all sweeping, cap and damper replacement, installing this free standing stoves, the wood waste pellet stoves. They have a complete selection of those located at four thirteen Wards Corner Road. That's where you find the showroom online Chimneycareco dot com. Haven't cleaned your dryer? Vent out when they're over there to saving money and prevent a fire hazard. Here's the number five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six hundred online Chimneycareco dot Com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey, if you're listening to Jay Rattlok speaking for all of us five twenty two on a Friday, let me tell you, Oh, let us see here data bash. It is because you have more experience now and you've learned more about the information. Is because you were running for president a Democratic primary, and should they, meaning the American people, feel comfortable and confident that what you're saying now is going to be your policy moving forward. Of course, springing from the idea that she's made a lot of policy changes or at least her people have articulated changes that are one hundred and eighty degrees opposite of where she stood before. So that's the layup question, almost helping her, helping her along the way, providing well an opportunity for to say, yeah, I have evolved. Yes, they should feel comfortable anyway. Responding to that question, I think the most important and most significant aspect of my political policy perspective and decisions is my values have not changed. You mentioned the Green New Deal. I have always believed that I have worked on it, that the climate crisis is real, that it is an urgent matter to which we should apply metrics that include holding ourselves to deadlines around time buzz quote deadlines around time. Of course, definitionly speaking, that is what a deadline is. So there's your word salad. That's the best word salad you got from unless you can extract one better than that one. I found out to be rather comical, And of course Donald Trump came out swinging with most notably a list of all the things that she did not address. Kamos supported ending cash bill for violent criminals. He pointed out Kammo's fundraising for the minut Sort of Freedom Fund which freed rioters, Kamala's tie breaking vote for America Rescue Plan, which economists say fueled inflation, kammalis support for defunding the police, Kamala's comments comparing policing to slavery, Comma's repeated praise of bidnomics, Kamalas support for Medicare for All, a socialist takeover of our healthcare system. Commalis support for closing immigration detention centers and freeing thousands of criminals into American neighborhoods. Kamala is saying that we need to start from scratch with ICE immigrations and customs enforcement and comparing ICE offers to the KKK, Kammala's support for reparation, and finally, kammalist support for decriminalizing prostitution, which, you know, that's kind of a libertarian point in a world, in a perfect world, where two consenting adults want to exchange money in return for sexual activity, I fundamentally find no problem with that as a concept. You know, free market, you're an adult, do what you want. Sadly, prostitution quite often involves the exploitation and abuse of people, generally speaking, and most notably children, so it's a little difficult for me to embrace that. Five twenty five, Feel free to call. Got some local stories coming up, of course, stack of stupid, which being Friday, of course you already know contains naked people of some sort. Plum type plumbing excellent plumbing, plumbing done right for me this week on Monday, had my plumb type plumber come over and fix my backflow valve. Actually it wasn't the backflow valve that was the problem. It was the PDS pipe PDC pipe that connects to my irrigation system. It goes underground, had a crack in it. Don't know how that happened, but there it was, spewing water all over the place. Quick called of plumb type plumbing. Actually didn't call them, I just set up an appointment on Sunday online. I went to plump tight dot com gave my information. About five minutes later, I got a phone call from the plumb type folks to find out if it was an emergency. But then I said when I said it wasn't, they immediately said, well, we can come over tomorrow if that works. Absolutely. Plumber showed up on time. I got advanced notice when he was on his way, got his photo. He fixed the job to my satisfaction. The price was outstanding and my plumbing job was was was fixed. What more can you ask for? Giant jobs and tiny jobs like that one and everything in between. Probably serving the greatest Cincinnati area from northern Kentucky all the way up to Dayton and everything in between. Plumb Tight, always plumbing done right, and they live by that motto. Every project, whether big or small, they do it with exceptional customer service and work done by an actual licensed plumber. I think you would expect that, but you never know. Five one three seven, two seven, eighty four eighty three, five one three seven two seven Tight again online schedule deployment There it's easy to do. Plumbtight dot com fifty five KRC. Here's your nine first warning weather forecast. Partly clatty day to day. I started a chance of showers ninety six, feeling more like north of one hundred football Friday night as Joe has described it on the Weather Report. Partly Clottie scatter, chance of storms in low seventy two. You see football Saturday fives and sun mixed with the chance of showers of thorms. High of eighty four overnight down to sixty nine with more showers as storms possible and fireworks Sunday. Sunday Day for the most part, a slight chance of showers but mostly clear night eighty seven for the highest seventy three right now fifty five care CITYCAK station. It was the Channel nine guy that did the football Friday. U see football Saturday. Yeah, Joe did the weather. It would be like four words, Joe. Joe's into brevity, not vol voluminous information. Five on three seven four and fifty five eight hundred eight two three talk. Feel free to call and we can talk. Otherwise we get to talk about well led in your pipes. Let's start their local stories. Thousands of runners and homeowners apparently getting letters from the Greater Sin Sunny Water Works in the upcoming weeks to let you know if there's lead in the service lines on your property. Letters be sent out beginning of the week of September. Second notification as a result of change is made by the US EPA to federal regulations involving lead and drinking water. This regulation requires utility companies to annually notify customers who may have a lead service line on their property, not of caase. She also goes to the customers who have lines made from galvanized steel, which may contain lead, and to customers whose lines are made of unknown materials. Apparently Greater Cincinnati served by the waterworks, The agency estimates that are around thirty five thousand lines that meet this criteria. The announcement from the waterworks that the utility will sent approximately five thousand letters per week for ten weeks to promote a more manageable volume of telephone calls and emails from customers who may have questions after receiving the letter. Utility estimates overall it'll be sending a total of fifty thousand letters, including multiple letters that we sent out to tenants, landlords, agents of rental properties. But in the US release, water Works said it is important to note that the presence of a lead line does not pose an immediate threat to customers. They say, when drinking water leaves their plant, it does not have any lead in it, but lead can enter the water if the pipe's connecting into your building contain lead or are galvanized steel, et cetera. Utility also says it uses a mixtures of chemicals to coat the interior of service lines to minimize any risk of lead getting into the water, which you know, it's probably one of those things. A chemicals will be determined sometimes down the road to be carcinogenic or something. Anyway, they haven't allowed lead since nineteen twenty eight these copper lines, and they do not allow galvanized steel. Since nineteen twenty eight, they have been working to replace the lead pipes at no cost to consumers. They have all of the lines repaired by twenty thirty seven. They have replaced so far nearly six thousand lead lines since twenty eighteen when the Enhanced Lead Servis Line Replacement Program Initial cap on all that was launched twelve hundred annually. Nothing to see here, don't sweat it. All is well one minute of the hospital after his Cincinnata Police officer hit him with his police cruiser. FLP president Ken Cober, speaking with local channel nine WCPO, said the officer was responding to reports of a person shot near Spring Grove Village when he hit a man attempting to cross the street in front of a metro bus. Officer had his lights and sirens on. The man was not in a crosswalk. Man taken to the hospital in critical condition. Channel nine reached out to this insane police deprography for more information on the crash and the man's condition, but has not heard back at the time of reporting. Cober, in his statements said police officers taking much care as possible when they're responding to a reported shooting with their lights and sirens on. Since our FOP ANDIST members are praying for the young man who was hit and for the officer involved, So that's it on that one now. Don't know where the money's coming from. With the City of Cincinnati announced yesterday a partnership with a nonprofit to use nearly one and a half million dollars to get rid of medical debt for I suppose certain city residents and air aftab per Ball. Today we are proud to announce the formal launch of a project addressing one of the most significant barriers are residents face medical debt. Funds help they're supposed to be use for residents who can't pay down their medical bills. He said. The program is really meant to try and even the playing field for folks who are trying to make ends meet, trying to get ahead of their bills, trying to put food on the table, and the need is acute and it is serious. I'm going to throw that along in with the lack of affordable housing. I suppose working with the nonprofit Undue Medical Debt initial CAP to buy up medical debt for less than what is owed, in other words, negotiating a settlement on behalf of the debtor. I suppose Mayor said they recently brought up about six million dollars worth of debt for a forty seven thousand dollars program, already working with officials from UC Health, among others. Five thirty six if at five car City talk station, Oh, Lisa's on the phone. If you don't mind hold Lisa, just saw you're there. I will happy to take your call in just a moment. First, I want to mention Prestige Interiors get your kitchen remodeled, to get it done right, staying within your budget. John Ryan and Prestige Interiors will do it. How big of a project do you have? You want to got the whole thing starved from scratch. That's what we did with John's help, from initial design to final installation. He was there with us throughout the entire project and still loving the changes he made to this day and always will, so much better than what we had when we started. Maybe you like the way your kitchen's laid out, you were happy with the storage, you just want to change around. Maybe the cabinets and countertops. The man for that job too. John's been remodeling kitchens almost exclusively for more than thirty years. He's seen it all. Trust me on that, and you just work with John, not the installers. He takes care of everything, very well oiled machine. Your kitchen project will be member of the National Kitchen Bath Association, A plus with the Better Business Bureau and probably serving the greater Cincinnati area. John's the man to call, and you can do that at five one three two four seven zero two two nine two four seven zero two two nine online Prestige one two three dot com, fifty five KRC and now of course five forty one on a Friday five one three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred at eight hundred eight two three talk five fifty on eight and Z phones at Atbofcarosee dot com, stream the audio and get yourre media app. Give Joey's base rip and let us get to the phones as promised, Lisa I appreciate you holding over the break. Lisa. Welcome to the show, and a happy Friday to you and to you Brian.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 4: Yesterday there was some discussion about false applications being received in the mail, and I read an article on the Federalist website yesterday, August twenty ninth by M. D. Kittle k I T T l E. Called business fraud. It pertains specifically to the stay of Ohio, and it points out a bad actor, Black Fork Strategies of Kent, Ohio. And this article also happens to quote local folks like the Board of Election director Sherry Poland in the Ohio Republican Party representative Alex Trantefila. I thought you might want to take a look at you.
Speaker 1: I'll look for it. I did not see that one, although I do regularly swing by that website for information. Yeah, I just didn't get to do that yesterday. And so what's the crisis? It because someone said I received a ballot in the mail, And as it turns out, no, it wasn't a ballot. It was an application for an absentee ballot, and the Secretary of State sent out or is in the process of sending out one of those to literally every registered voter in the state. So that's part what I heard.
Speaker 4: And the state of frank LeRose can't comment on this, but several Board of Elections folks along the state of Ohio did make comments in this article.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll check it out, and I appreciate the heads up down now and Lisa, thank you you wonder week, thanks for tuning in the program. Let's go to Bobby and see what Bobby's got today, Faith Flag, family Firearms. Perhaps Bobby, welcome to the show. Happy Friday to.
Speaker 5: You, Happy heat indexed my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: Now, I got one of those things in the mail, but mine was sent to Cents and it's the Voter Participation Center, Twin River Drive, Columbus, Ohio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would not be an appropriate mail or Frank Lroos did warn about it should come from an authorized entity like frank LeRose, Secretary of State. It shouldn't come from anything else or anybody else. Correct.
Speaker 5: Kamala Harris did a wonderful job last night. She's going to get thirty five percent of the votes. If said they pull her up on a gurney, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 5: So I consider her campaign as dead as a pan of fried chicken right now. So it's just a slow march down to the gallows.
Speaker 1: I hope you're right, Bobby. I hope you're right. A couple of new polls at USA Today poll has her leading Trump by five points. In the Wall Street Journal has the meta statistical tie. So I hope you're right, Bobby, and I hope the pollsters, at least as they currently show, are wrong.
Speaker 5: The Vegas Line has Trump at a one twenty five favorite.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, all take any good news I can find, Bobby. You know what I'm saying. He pointed my point me in the right direction. If it makes me the smile on my face, it makes me feel optimistic. I need that kind of news, brother, in a big way.
Speaker 5: Okay. One other thing is it must not be hot enough around here. Joe's going to go ahead and lay in the sun floor.
Speaker 1: Wonderful trip, I know, and Joe loves it when it's one hundred degrees and high humidity out. Bobby, have a wonderful weekend, brother, Always good to hear from you. Joe said he will be having a cocktail. There's no question about that. Real quickly, let me get one quick stack of stupid story and it's a short one. Thank you, Joe. Collington County, South Carolina or the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office, agents working with US Marshalls Future Fugitive Task Force arrested a naked woman hiding in her grandparents' bedroom closet. Agents head to serve three felony warrants on warrants on Chris Tina Atkinson for trafficking meth amphetamine and a couple accounts of possession with intent to distribute a schedule narcotic US Marshalls worked to find Atkinson, who was ultimately found in her grandparents home in Collington County. Deputy's able to get her grandparents to come out of the house, she refused. When the US Marshals went inside the home, they did find her completely naked in the bottom of the bedroom closet, where she was arrested and then booked into the Hill Finclea detention center. Fives the talk station, My mind is a raging torrent Ah, what else is going on?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 1: Emy Federal Credit Union is celebrating they opened the doors in nineteen thirty nine, eighty five years of absolutely wonderful banking with Emory Federal Credit Union, which is like to point out, my summary line for Emory is it's a better way to bank than those big banks.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: They don't have time for nonsense. They do have time to celebrate their accomplishments and offering you incentives to head on over the webs and take advantage of banking with Emery where you can learn a lot about it at the website, but also check out the uh the currently offered savings deposit boost that will be a certificate rate of as high as five point two percent for six months five point two for six red guy. Now certain restrictions apply, which you can read on the website. It's a little of time offer. Of course they always are, aren't theyks. So it's EMORYFCU dot org. EMORYFCU dot org ANMLS number four zero one zero eight seven, federally insured by NCUA Equal Housing Lender.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station for decades, five.
Speaker 1: Fifty one and fifty five CARCU talkstation. And as regards to Lisa's call about that Federalist article, I want to thank Stuart who sent that to me yesterday. I didn't get a chance to go throw my mail because of course I don't have my mail logged in after I leave the morning show. So there it is. Stuart, thanks for forty that to me yesterday, and Lisa, thanks for bringing my attention. I'll endeavor to take a look at that over the top of the hour News the meantime back to the stack of Stupid Los Angeles, where a residence of a mid worlster neighborhood now dealing with a disturbing situation. A fifty one year old guy, identified police as homeless, went from one home to another naked, terrorizing neighbors. He was, of course captured on multiple security video.
Speaker 5: Deliberately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the guy.
Speaker 5: We could get into the penalty box a little by himself.
Speaker 1: There is a component of that Joe. In the article, yoll Wanda Chek is one of the number of neighbors whose security cameras caught the guy roaming around the neighborhood naked, pleasuring himself, see there you go, Joe, and, among other things, screaming incoherently.
Speaker 7: As a tradition.
Speaker 1: She called the situation extremely unsettling. Police identified the man as dash Shun Barnett, fifty one years old and taking it to custody on burglary charges. Last week, Anthony Festa reported that Barnett allegedly entered his garage and stole clothing, towels, and and camper parts. Another resident admitted, it made me scared and it gave me anxiety. Of course it would. Festa claimed that Barnett had been exposing himself throughout the summer, starting with the beginning of the year. Quote, he had weapons. He chased us with a taser. He chased us with a dagger. That was the last time he had been arrested. Almost every week Kinky. One neighbor described as an attorney, shared the difficulties involved in taking legal action against this homeless individual. Community had considered obtaining a temporary straining order against Barnett, but this attorney pointed out the challenge is serving such an order onto a homeless person. He raised a practical question, we were supposed to do that? Or were we supposed to do that? Or were the police supposed to do that? He admitted he would not take on the task himself. As the neighbors continued to seek help, they expressed their hope to see Barnett removed from the neighborhood. Also see him receive the mental health supporting needed. Okay, let's see here. Let's try this one. Pennsylvania, Lower Chickchester, Pennsylvania, Moments of a terrifying cast and local daycare came to an abrupt end when police took a naked and blood covered man in charging with over one hundred defenses. Officers responded reports of an intoxicated man armed with scissors who was trying to break into the Sunrise Christian Day School. They arrived to find clothes strewnoclaus lobby, along with loud banging and glass breaking above them. Suspect had jumped from the second floor, according to authorities, who say they found him naked and covered in blood on the street below. Taken into custody, identified as eighteen year old Sahir Sandler Chandler while being transported to medical care for treatment. Police say he's bat blood and sal on the medical staff. Sadler Chandler charged with more than one hundred defences, including burglary, simple assault, reckless endangerment, weapons offenses, and harassment.
Speaker 6: The aristocrats.
Speaker 1: Well at least it's reasonably close. In Evansville, Indiana, MANI facing several charges after authority say he was involved in a standoff with deputies late Tuesday Eastern Posey County at a home on Norman Avenue. Sheriff's office said deputies were called at the home by somebody living in the area who said their neighbor was firing a gun outside nine one one caller so they could also hear yelling and screaming. Deputies arrived, they say a standoff began with the suspect, twenty seven year old Chaissy Hayhurst of Evansville. During the standoff, Sheriff's department said Hayhurst eventually came out of the home naked, arm of the handgun as a tradition. After a few minutes of negotiations, deputies say they talked him into dropping the weapons. Yeah. No comments about what he did with the handgun, though Joe Hey harst taking it accustody despite resisting deputy. Sheriff's office said that he also threatened confinement officers once he was admitted into the jail. Booked in the Posy cant of Jail on charges of including a criminal recklessness with a deadly weapon, intimidation, and resisting law enforcement. No comment about indecent exposure and finally, Chenango County Sheriff's Office is in New York arrested a man for crimes against children. Sheriff's office said Paul Callahan, forty, of neighborhood of green charged with attempted dissemination of indecent materials to miners in the first degree, which is a felony. Officers also charging with misdemeanor offensive endangering the welfare of a child. Detectives arrested in August twentieth after investigation determined he sent several nude photos of himself to a decoy fourteen year old boy's online account. Offset Callahan was released on an appearance ticket and will appear in the town of green Court at a later date. Now he got one of those liberal Hamilton County type judges. Joe five point fifty sixth five K site talk station stick around more to talk about before we get to six thirty. When we get to hear from Tech Friday's Dave Hatter, I'll be right back.
Speaker 8: History string as it happens, Never before has an election mattered so much. Minutes away at the top of the hour, fifty five KRC the talk station, you hear more and more keeping you in the know.
Speaker 6: All the information in real time and again.
Speaker 3: The now right now on fifty five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 1: Six oh six here fifty five kr CD talk station and Brian Thomas inviting you to call if you liked to call five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred eighty two three Cocko with top five fifty on eight and t fund And thanks to Lisa for bringing the article to my attention. It's like I bring it to your attention, as well as Steward who forded me a link to it yesterday. This is fraud high investigators looking at his suspect voter registrations tied to left wing firm and get the details here at a moment. Firstly, remind you coming up bottom of the hour Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, Google threatening influencers to force them to recommend their phone brand. Mayor Dave Hatter urging cybersecurity focus and stay off TIMU. That's the sum and substance of the third segment with Dave Hatter, Don Toltzman, Hair Toltzman. He is going to talk about the octoberfests that are coming up. It is octoberfest season and we'll talk and get the details about where they are, when they are and the gimeusic kite that goes along with it. Warbirds at Lunkin Airport this weekend. Jim Stid returns to talk about that at eight thirty five and three seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk Remember fifty five Casey dot com for the info on the warbirds thing and the podcast, et cetera. Anyway, I did go over some of the things from the Aamala Harris Tim Waltz softball interview yesterday. She's all over the board and didn't really provide any substance, which is my I guess boiled down analysis of that. But since I did get a chance to look at this fraud article is the state of Ohio and it is rather concerning, So let's dive into that. According to the reporting, again, this is an article by M. D. Kittle appearing on the Federalist website. So we have a couple of people identified as a woman named Cassandra and a guy named Harry. Cassandra and Harry Scott. They got a voter registration updates sowing that they had changed their address but they hadn't had one kind of Bord of Elections received a couple of registration forms from and here's the left winging organization that's involved in this controversy. It's an entity called Black Forced Black Fork Strategies LLC, described as an Ohio based in their own description, engagement firm that focuses on all aspects of community and electoral field work. So they get these registration forms and because it's the Board of Elections, it says make a change. They made the requested change and changed the address. They then sent the notice to the voters about the new address. And that's when Cassandra and Harry showed up with the Board of Elections to let them know that they hadn't ever filled a form out changing their address. Jerry Poland to the Hamiltunty Bard of Elections. She's both of these voters appeared at our office during normal business hours after receiving those acknowledgment cards. The new address that was submitted on his registration cards was actually the place of business for MZ Cassandra. She had not moved and did not complete the registration forms. So who did it? That false? Are those false forms? One of what they say are many suspect voter registration issues that are tied to this black Fork Strategies operation, and the election board folks reached out to black Fork Strategies to ask them provide information about the canvassers that were responsible for these registration forms. It's funny and it actually Poland said, we also received a registration form in the name of Henry Kissinger. She mentioned that in a public meeting, apparently people chuckled out loud because of course former US Secretary of State, and it's doubtless that Henry Kissinger would be registering to vote in state of Ohio. And in fact, they did run it through the Bureau of Motor Vehicle databases and according to Sherry Poland, it was a mismatch every time, raising more questions for this black Fork LLC entity. She did at this meeting held up what they described as a thick stack of voter registrations, all appearing to be in the same handwriting submitted by the same canvasser red flag maybe she told the board and boarded in the July meeting that a Board of Elections staff met with Black Fork's regional manager for Hamilton County to show her what the Board of Elections was seeing and what was being submitted by our organization. We're now bringing this to the board to see what next steps the board would like to take, and it would appear that these need further investigations, she said. The board apparently agreed. Now we turned to Alex Trantapilo, chair of the Ohio Republican Party and Hamilton County Board of Elections member. He said, the first thing I want to point out is, you know, we use words like anomaly, suspicion, and everything else because we try to be PC I guess, but this is fraud, outright fraudulent behavior. Who's responsible or how they're responsible, that will be up to somebody other than me. It's plain and obvious to me that when you get this many registration cards, and he held up a staff while he was making these statements with the very same handwriting, that someone is trying to defraud the elections process in Hamilton County, well stated Alex. Apparently not just Hamilton County. This article discusses that this is happening all over the place, and earlier in the month, Frank LeRose, Secretary of State, said he's referred evidence of this suspected fraud to the county prosecutors for review. Impossible criminal prosecution. Folks at the Board of Elections can't bring those actions, and apparently the Secretary of State's office is incapable of bringing legal actions himself. So the local prosecutors supposed to take up the challenge, and I imagine they will, I don't know. Will suggests tend to go very slowly, as you know, and oh, look the big elections coming up at the beginning of November. The violations the cord of the Secretary of State's office involved the collection of petition forms in support of a minor political party and to place a left led referendum on redistricting on the November ballot. Citizens not politicians, that's a group. They're pushing that constitutional amendment to create a fifteen member redistricting commission. Loro's also asking local prosecutors to investigate allegations of fraudulent voter registration form from well. Those like that were submitted in Hamilton County. Black Fork also involved up in Cuyahoga County Cleveland, where local Board of Elections officials reported at least eighteen suspicious voter registration cards. Their director up there, Anthony Perlotti said in a recent June meeting. Multiple counties have encountered issues with potential registration cards being submitted from deceased individuals. Mike Moser, Butler County prosecutor, said that his office has received a referral from the Secretary of State as well, and I expect Mike Mosher would do something about that, he said in a phone interview. It does involve a document with suspect signatures, and we are seeking the verifications of all the signatures that were harvested and submitted to the Board of Elections. Cuyahoga County elections officials asked Laro's Public Integrity division to investigate this suspicious voter registration cards back last year. In July. They're prosecuting. Attorney to the Board of Elections of Cuyahoga County didn't return the request for comment from the Federalists, who was reporting on this in the article I'm referring to. Election integrity advocates have criticized Frank Lrose for moving too slowly on the complaints. According to watchdog Ken mcintee, if Laroe's new team of special investigators handles the Hamilton County referral as quickly as it handled the Cuyahoga County case from a year ago. The board in Cincinnati may expect an answer in time for the twenty twenty eight presidential elections. Snarky comment. A spokesman for the Secretary of State talking to the Federalist, Dan Lushek, said the agency can't comment on active investigation, but he confirmed the matter is under review by that Public Integrity Division. Black Fork Strategies has had a bad reputation for a while, and it's no secret that we referred its operations or operatives right to the appropriate authorities for further investigation impossible prosecution. He said. The referrals to the prosecutors have been on a rolling basis. He said the boards of Elections in Cuyahoga and Hamilton Counties have also made similar referrals in the respective county to their respective county prosecutors. Black Fork Strategies, well, they didn't return a request for common from the Federalists, but released the statement said they're cooperating with election officials. So this is obviously plain and simple, good old fashioned shenanigans. And some are noting that they believe the prosecutors should actually be going against black Fork Strategies itself rather than just looking at the actions of any individual signatory gatherer, you know, the ones filled out all the forms in the exact same handwriting that those individuals. Yeah, well they might be guilty of a crime too, but this is a coordinated, directed effort by the entity black Fork Strategies. And notice I said, if it is, seems to me they'd be worthy of prosecution as well for running a what would amount to a criminal organization six sixteen fifty five k C the talk station. Again thanks to the folks who referred that one to me. Feel free to call. In the meantime, though, zeros carpet cleaning out of my house yesterday. They'll be out today too. Yesterday the duck cleaning. Oh my god. Our house is about twenty five years old. And I will tell you out of the gate here. My wife is a clean freak. I think she probably vacuus upstairs by three times a week minimum and just always always, the place is always clean. Oh my god. Well, why does the dust end up landing all over everything? When you clean? You got one day later there's dust. You know why? It's the damn air ducks. They put a video camera in and observed all of the stuff that was coming from inside my air ducks, so you could see what they accomplished after they left Zeros and it was just like a snowstorm. I hate to have to admit that, but you know this is your house as well. If you've never had your air ducks clean, and I hadn't had mine cleaning the twenty five years we owned to our house, trust me, that's where a lot of that dust and dirt and stuff is coming from. We've had dry wall projects, we've had sanding and all kinds of stuff done over the years. Guess what's sticking in the ducks and floating around. Got the ducks clean, and today the carpets are getting clean. Zeros coming over their zeros patented ZR water with absolutely zero residue. The carpets we have and you only have a couple of rooms that are carpeted. Most of its area rugs. But they do area rugs too, and they'll do them in your house. They don't have to take them away like the other guys. So carpet, air ducks, upholstery, area rugs, they do it all. Get in touch with them. You be glad he did zero res below backwards or forwards. It's the right way to clean. Find him online, schedule the appointment zero res sincey with an eye zero ressincy.
Speaker 6: Dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Six iifty five care see the talk station. A very happy Friday to you, David. Yeah, I'm you're excited about the fireworks and you going there myself on Sunday should be a good time. The day off on Monday. Always appreciate that. Strukkers even off on Monday. And then he's gone to vacation for a whole week. How am I going to deal without Judge Drekker for a whole week? I do not know. In the meantimes, go to the phones, see what had Corey's got to say this morning, Corey. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 9: Heppy Friday. Brian, Hey, it's that time of a year again. We got the fireworks coming up this weekend. And once again the city Cincinnati and people putting on a fireworks for trying to see people by saying you cannot have a firearm while attending the fireworks, which is absolutely not true. Also, they want you to forfeit your fourth the member right by searching your bags at the gate, which they do not have a right to search your bags. So anybody I would recommend to everybody listening, if you're going you want to carry your gun, carry your gun, Well what gate?
Speaker 1: Where would they be stopping people to search their bags, Like if you're going into a private venue like the Brady Center, I guess I can understand how they may have a right to do that, But this is all outdoors. Where are the gates? I figured I'd just driving my car, park in the parking lot and walk down the street to the event that I'm going to.
Speaker 9: Well, if you go to actually Smell Park the Racual Riverfront area, they have gates set up where they want to screen people's bags, which they have no constitutional right to do so, and they want to prohibit you from bringing in like mosquito spray, sunscreen, your own drinks, which they want to look through people's bags, and unfortunately most people submit to it and allow them to do so, and they throw sunscreen pop whatever it is away. And also at the same time they at those same locations they have fines posed to saying you can carry a firearm, which they cannot do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think under the law. You're right, I don't know that there's a designated place where they have absolutely out you outright band your constitutional right to defend yourself and have a firearm on you. So we've litigated that one before, Corey, haven't we, Yes.
Speaker 9: Jess Smith, he went down there last year and created a Facebook page, and he's doing it again this year because some reason year at the years Cincinnati keeps doing this.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I wish there's a member of local law enforcement out there to call in and explain how it is they're going to go about responding to someone who, like you, says, wait a second, you don't have a right to search my bag. You don't have probable cause to believe I've committed a crime. You know, I haven't engaged in anything criminal activity. I haven't given I'm not suspicious or my activities haven't it led to a rise in suspicion suspicious and sufficient enough that you, mister law enforcement, are concerned with your own safety, which would give you a right to pack down to look for weapons. Nothing. So how does law enforcement respond to someone who makes what Corey is saying as an assertion one I can't have my Second Amendment right taking away, there's no law providing for that, and you can't look for my bag. Are they going to try to eject you? Would they be subject to a civil rights violation for doing that? Or we're going to end up having litigation over that? Practice remains me seen. Yeah, go ahead, tell me what has happened in the past when when you've made that what I've.
Speaker 9: Done to the pass, I'm not through the gates and they want to search my wife's birds and she refuses. Usually the people who are hired security, they tell you you can't and they holler for a police officer, and the first cop will come and tell you are being detained, which has happened to me, And then you ask for a sergeant, and the sergeant then comes and tells you you're good to go have a great day. So the most of it, as long as you push back, nothing happens. But most people do not push back.
Speaker 1: They just obey because it's easier to look at your person, knowing full well there's nothing in there that's illegal, and then going on with your day rather than wait around for ultimately a sergeant to show up. Appreciate the info, Corey, it's something I wasn't even thinking about. So anyhow, probably plan on cocktailing at that night, which would you know, not be a good idea to carry a fire when you're at cocktail. It's six twenty five fifty five K see Talk Station Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up next after I mentioned Lean Arrow and you need to get in touch with Lean Arrow. If you are a business owner, large business, small business, anything in between. You're the you know, COO or CEO. You're a big hooha in the company and you can look around and see that man, we've got a morale problem, man, high turnover of employees. The quality of our products has not been very good of late, deliveries have been late, our financial performance is suffering. That's where Lean Arrow LLC comes in. They are business consultants with decades of fortune five hundred experience, and they know where the challenges lie and they know how to create a better business process to improve all areas of the business. And they do an analysis across all of your business functions, strategy, quality, sales, manufacturing, supply chain engineering, EHS, facility, consolidation, and so they come up with a better plan, a better way and it will improve all these you know, struggling areas of your business. It's got to be a well oiled machine. That's where lean arow LLC comes in creating that very well oiled process. And you know, right now you can learn more about the company and fill out the form because if you are a qualified business right now, lean NAROWLLC is offering a complementary business evaluation, So check them out online. Go to lean errow llc, fill out the form to see if you qualify and start realizing your business's potential today.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Waken up on a Friday, very important time to be tuned into the five KRC Morning Show, which you can do through the iheartmediaff at five KRC dot com. For that, It's Tech Friday with Dave had It brought to you by Interest It Daves Firm, which is the corner of the business career, the best people you can work with when dealing with your business computer related needs. Dave Hatter, Welcome back to the morning show, my friend.
Speaker 7: Always my pleasure. Brian, happy to be here.
Speaker 1: I see you're going to be putting your mayor hat on here in a moment, but let us start with your I hate Google hat.
Speaker 7: Now what do you mean, Brian, You know I'm a huge, huge fan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Google and TikTok No. Number one and two on Dave's hit Parade.
Speaker 7: They're definitely both near the top of my list. Google has had a lot of pr issues here lately. There's a recent lawsuit that actually, I guess technically, since you're an attorney, you can get my legal terminals iustrated dj ANTI trust case. You know, Google has been under fire for making their browser essentially a monopoly. Again, I'm using very least little terms here. Folks have to go look at this for themselves. But they lost the lawsuit, as I understand it, around monopoly and deals that they've struck with, even people like Apple. So if you have, you know, Apple device, it wants to use the Google search engine by default. They've just gotten a lot of bad press lately. Here's the headline from the New York Post. Judge blast Google over quote destroyed unquote. Evidence is another dfj ANTI trust case looms quote clear abuse of privilege unquote. But the most recent thing that's cropped up I wanted to dig into a little bit today because you know, again, this is what is alleged against Google, but I think it is common with so many of these large tech companies, and you know, they all have their problems. It's you know, it's not like I love any of them. It's just the question of which ones are the most privacy and security friendly and do you really understand what you're signing up for when you work with these guys. So here's a story from the Verge. Google threatened tech influencers unless they quote prefer the Pixel So as a reminder, Google makes the Pixel phone. Google makes the Android operating system. And again, as we've discussed so many times the last ten years, Brian, when you use stuff that's free, you are the product, not the customer. You're paying with your data, not your money. And that's one of the reasons why in general, I would argue companies like Apple and Microsoft tend to be more populacy friendly is they are making and selling products as their primary business model. Microsoft makes software primarily, Apple makes hardware and software phones, computers, you know the software that runs them. What does Google make And for the most part, it's Pixel phones and the Android operating system. Everything else is your data. So hopefully that helps people kind of see the distinction. Now again, I'm not saying Apple or Microsoft don't have their issues. I'm not saying they're not collecting your data, but I'm saying their primary revenue model is not driven by your data. And when you look at this, this situation with Google, it just goes to show you how much influence they have over the people that they do business with and how often these tech companies say one thing and do another. So I'm going to read to you directly from the article. So Google has influencers around Pixel. Nine companies invite only Team Pixel program, which seeds Pixel products. Again, the phones that they make to influencers before publicly available stipulated their participantly. Participating influencers were not allowed to feature Pixel products alongside competitors, and those who showed a preference for competing phones risk being kicked out of the program. So you want to feature this new Pixel program because you're a quote influencer, as insane as that might be the influencer piece anyway, and you want to show you an LG phone or a Samsung phone or an Apple phone. If you don't demonstrate a preference for the Pixel, well you're out. And then the verge went on to say independently confirmed screenshots the clauses in this year's Team Pixel agreement, which various influencers began posting on x and threads. The agreement tells participants they're quote expected to feature the Google Pixel device in place for the competitor device. Uncloat notes if other brands quote are preferred over the Pixel, we will need to close the relationship or seize the relationship between the brand and the creator unquote. The link to the form of peers have since been shut down shocker into But at my point is twofold. You hear the term in the industry, you know, privacy washing and various types of washing. You know, Google's also have been dinged on their incognito mode not working the way they're planned. And I'm not really here to blast on Google per se today. Line again, it's what you see online and what the reality of things are are often different. And this just demonstrates so if you're in this influencer program, and whether it's because you get free phones or because they're paying you or whatever, I mean, they're basically telling you, as I would say from reading this article in Diverse and their you know journalism around it. If you aren't willing to basically say our product is the best, whether you believe it or not, well you're ound. So my point would be, not only is Google doing this sort of thing, you know their old model don't be evil obviously long since forgotten, but just a reminder to folks just because you see something online, just because a quote influencer is telling you something, doesn't mean it's true and that they have any integrity.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's interesting, and I know we're out of timing this segment, but you know my FCC training, I am not allowed to speak on behalf of a good or service unless I'm familiar with it, I recommend it, I use it myself, or I have enough familiarity with it the product or service from other peoples using it that I know that it is a worthy product to you. So in essence, I'm not allowed to lie. I never would anyway, I don't need to be told by the FCC I can't lie. But this sounds to me like it could be forcing someone to say something that is a lie, which, in the case of broadcasting rules, would be a violation of the SEC rules.
Speaker 7: It's pretty crazy if people going out I'll wink to this Verge article. They actually have screenshots from some of these people of this thing, so you know you don't have to take their reporting for it. See for yourself. It's nuts.
Speaker 1: It is nuts. Stay away from Google and TikTok and Tiamo as well. We'll find out about that one a little later. With his hat on his mayor hat on. Coming up next, we'll be talking about cybersecurity focus. Foreign exchange, your premier European import automotive specialists. You need to get into foreign exchange. Let's see, your car's getting ready to go out a warranty. Let foreign exchange. Do you know front to end, top to botto analysis and identify all those things that a warranty will cover, and then you can take it to the dealer and give them the list. If your car's under warrantine, you need an oil change, go to foreign exchange. You'll save money. Like me, that's my greatest example of how much money can be saved for me. The savings is about two hundred dollars. And go ahead and laugh at me. It's a German car. What can I say? Oil change costs north of four hundred dollar at the dealer and so I don't go there for the oil change, same oil, same filter. I like to save the money, and you save money on all automobile services. You leave with a full one parts in service. The work gets done by an AC certified Master technician with all the knowledge and experience and data access to your manufacturers technical information. Whether your car came up from a traditional Asian or European manufacturer, you're in great, great, great, great hands. But going to the Westchester location for years with my family's imported cars, That's why I recommend that Westchester location where often and the team will take fantastic care of you. Tylersville exit off seventy five, go east two streets, hanging right on Kinglin and you are there. You're there online. There are multiple locations foreign X forim THELETTERAX dot com five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty.
Speaker 6: Six, fifty five, KRC chick off Sex.
Speaker 1: Forty one fifty five, TERRACP talk Station Brian Thomas with Mayor hatter Tech Friday's Day Batter brought to you by interest It and Hoti dot Com. Where you find Dave and the crew so, Mayor Hatter, why are you urging cybersecurity as if I didn't have some prior understanding of that.
Speaker 7: Right, When am I not urging cybersecurity? Kidding that's the exception rather than the rule when I'm not. So yeah, with my Mayor had On, I had the good fortune to have Kentucky State Senator Jane Williams reach out to me because you know, I'm sharing stuff with our legislators and you know, local elected officials throughout the tri state and so forth. And I want to first off, give huge kudos to the State of Ohio and what I would describe as a frankly brilliant and innovative initiative that was created in Ohio quite some time ago. It's called the Ohio Cyber Collaborative Committee or OC three. It's been around for a while, and real quick, I want to give you the mission to provide an environment for collaboration between key stakeholders including education, business and local government, dispend in the cybersecurity for all in the state of Ohio and developed a stronger cybersecurity infrastructure. And that it's basically got four tenants, education and workforce development. You want to have the right people trained up with the right skills and stop the brain brains so they're not leaving Ohio. Have a cyber range, which is the nerd speak for a place where people can go online in a virtual environment and learn about cybersecurity, test stuff, do incident response and incident mitigation. So imagine a place where you to practice right cyber protection and preparedness. And then government governance and public awareness. So this program in Ohio again, I think it's absolutely brilliant. It's funded by the state. They call it a whole government approach. It runs out of the Ohio of the Ohio Adjuctive General's Office, through the Ohio National Guard. And I think I forgot to see me the article, but recently there was some press in Ohio, some TV media where the Ohio National Guard got involved with the cybersecurity incident that took place recently in Columbus. So it's going out to train local governments, it's going out to help learn the kids in school learn about this and get interested in careers and want to stay in Ohio. It's really a program designed to work through the National Guard, public private partnerships, raised the awareness, raised the skills and education and protect Ohios right at all levels, especially critical infrastructure at Ohio. Again brilliant. So my ask to my fellow Kentuckians is, hey, and this was why I got to go down and testify for the legislature. Again, thank you Senator Jay Williams for the invitation. I used the slide deck I got from Mark Bell in the Ohio Action Channel's office and kind of tweak a little bit and basically said, hey, look, Ohio has this super smart, innovative program. Let's lift and shift it into Kentucky. We don't need to reinvent the wheel. Other states have something like this too. But from what I know and from what I've seen and from knowing a lot of people in Ohio, since I spend an enormous amount of time over there working with our clients, I've seen this thing in action. I've met tons of people involved in Like there's one hundred at least one hundred and roughly one hundred and eighty volunteers who are are now engaged in this program across the state of Ohio and providing services and skills at education through this program. So again, I think it's just absolutely brilliant and we desperately need something like this in Kentucky. Thankfully. You know, I've got some folks starting to pay attention. I'm trying to get volunteers, so I appreciate you letting me try to get the pun I'm looking for people in Kentucky who would have an interest in helping me try to a get something like this created again. I'm hoping to just do the exact same thing Ohio was done. It makes sense to me. They would run out of the Kentucky Agin General's Office and it would be housed in the Kentucky National Guard and we would just follow them up. And I want to say too, I can't thank Mark Bell with the Ohio agunc in General's Office enough. He's been super generous with his time and knowledge and sharing things with me like a slide deck they used to promote this program in the state. But by the way, you see as a key part of this, you see houses one of the cyber ranges for the state. So I mean again, it's a brillant program. As an Ohio resident, folks, I would encourage you to check it out. I would encourage you to talk to your local officials about how they can take advantage of this to protect their municipalities and then as a Kentucky and again I'm looking for volunteers. I'm looking for people to reach out to the legislators. I'm looking for connections. I do have a it's a fellow in the Kentucky Department of Homeland Security. It's trying to help me with this. So starting to get some traction, starting to get some interest. I'm fortunate that my state Senator Chris McDaniel, great guy and also chairman of the Kentucky Appropriations Committee, so you know he's discussed this with me. I think I'm getting starting to get some traction. But I'm looking for volunteers across the state of Kentucky to put together sort of a core team to make this, to get this started and then provide the resources. So appreciate the opportunity to chat about it, just talk to anybody about it.
Speaker 1: Nice to know that Ohio has done something right right again.
Speaker 7: Kudos through Ohio it. I just can't say enough good about what they've want and continue to.
Speaker 1: Improve upon praise from Tech Friday's Dave Hatter when he approves Let's get one more stay off Timu summarizing the next segment with Dave hatter As we conclude tech Friday, and I mentioned some other tech affordable imaging services that course hospital imaging departments filled with tech. You need an MRI machine, the CT scans, the one that does echo cardiogram ultrasound, and you can get every single one of the images you get at a hospital imaging department at affordable imaging services where you will pay a mere fraction. A fraction so small is the charge, it's probably the for the for you for the entire scan like an MRI with a contrast. That's the most expensive scan you can get at affordable imaging services at the low price of US six hundred and forty five bucks. It includes the radiologist report and the contrast at sets you back thousands of dollars at the hospital. So six forty five versus say thirty five hundred and two five thousand dollars. Yeah, massive difference. CT scan without a contrast is only four point fifty with a contrast six hundred echo cardiograms four ninety five, say thousands. You have a choice when it comes to your medical care. Why give the profit all to the hospital? Affordable Imaging Service is the place to go. Call them up five one three seven five three eight thousand, seven five three eight thousand. You can learn more online. It's Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty five The talk station kid prisd talkstation. Don Heinrich Toltzman coming up at seven thirty about the Octoberfest season. He is our thing all Things German resident expert and in the meantime, our expert on all things computers from interest it dot com. Dave Hatter, who says stay off TIMU. What's TMU to start with? I had asked Joe about that this morning because I'm not hip to the whole TMU thing.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, Brian, I'm only hipped to it from AFAR because you.
Speaker 1: Don't use it.
Speaker 7: The less apps that you have on your phone in general, the better. And before I delve too deep into this, I just want to remind folks. So if you got this nation for public data breach, and you know, you're probably going to get the letter that your data was stolen due to the size and scope of it. And I just had my experienced dark web scan tell me my social security numbers out there not a shocker. So I'm going to go ahead and freeze all my credit again. You know, I suggest to people just keep your credit frozen. I think we talked about this as recently as last week. If you need to use your credit, you know, apply for credit, unfreeze it, and then freeze it again. It's it's a little inconvenient, but sadly the world we're in, you're better off to just keep your credit frozen. So my point though, being your data, whether it's being collected by companies for background check purposes like National Public Data, or through all of the quote free unquote apps that you have on your phone, is you know, continuously being collected, coalated, aggregated, sold, and it's very valuable both for intrinsic purposes to sell you more stuff because of your psychographic profile, and because it makes it easier for hackers to use against you in a variety of ways. And is in a shopping app it's from China, you know, you get real low cost stuff, and I wouldn't use it because A I'm not trying to waste my money on low cost garbage that falls apart the first time you touch it, and B I wouldn't use it because I just fully expect that anything that originates from China is going to have the same sorts of problems that TikTok has and that we've talked about many times. So from a recent article at rear Clear Policy, Arkansas Attorney General Tim Griffin sound of the Alarm finding a bombshell lawsuit that exposes TMU for what it really is quote dangerous malware unquote, and they quote data theft business unquote shopping app. It's a sophisticated spying tool that gives itself quote unrestricted access to everything on your phone, your messages, your photos, even your fingerprints. Now, now let's be clear, Brian, most apps do all of these things. And I encourage people before they download any app, look at the privacy lit You know, Apple works permissions.
Speaker 1: As soon as I see permissions and they say they need my phone numbers and my image, Like, no, I don't need this app. I'm not downloading and forget it.
Speaker 7: Exactly why does a shopping app need to know all of your contacts? Why doesn't your precise location? So again I encourage people, before you download any app, whatever it is, look at the privacy label, see what it wants to collect. In most cases, you're going to probably go why does it need all this? Like you just said, and then then you can just make an informed consent type of choice around do I really want this or not. But when you go on and read this article right, it gets worse. TEMU was led by former Chinese Communist Party, officially making in a direct pipeline of American data straight to regime. Under Chinese TORACONI and laws, TEAMU is legally obligate to hand over all that tuosy information to Chinese government. But this isn't just about stolen self is embarrassing text. It's about national security. Imagine if sensitive data from names of Americans, including military personal, government employees, for to follow into the hands of the foreign adversary, and then you know he can was on to point out issues like you know, Team products might be made with weaker slave labor. Again, we need a we need to stop using any of this stuff that's controlled by the Chinese Communist Party, not only because it's basically, uh, you know, able to collect very detailed and brand new information about you. But as of today, when I look around and I see the sort of steps China is taking in the world and the People's Republic of China's Chinese Communist Party, you know Taiwan, this weaker situation, et cetera. They're not not friendly to us. Why are we sending our money there?
Speaker 1: Great question? Great question.
Speaker 7: So yeah, don't that's the long and short of it, or any of this money.
Speaker 1: Don't use team, don't use apps on your smartphone. Period. And I've been able to live my life long enough without them, Dave. And sometimes you know, I'll see an app that I'll think it may be worthwhile, But the minute it asks for those permissions, I'm thinking, well, no, I've gone this far in my life. I don't need them to know all my content in my photo information and all that. Like, the hell with them. I'm moving on with my life and sticking with the old school way, which has worked out great. By the way, my friend Maureen will be sending the podcast of our conversation in the last segment to Kentucky or to state Representative Kim Moser.
Speaker 7: Excellent.
Speaker 1: So he's bringing it, she's elevating it to her attention is because of what you have brought forth here in the morning show, which I truly appreciate. Every Friday Tech Friday Day've Hatter always starts at six thirty. Always great information, Keep up the great work and thanks to you and in trust it dot com for sponsoring this segment. We'll talk again real soon, my friend. Have a great weekend.
Speaker 7: Thanks Brian, you and your listeners as well.
Speaker 2: See you.
Speaker 1: Thanks care Bday six eighty six, Ify five Kerescity Talk Station. We got a little time to talk before we hear about Octoberfest season from hair Don Coltzman. That'll take place at seven thirty. I'll be right back after the news history.
Speaker 3: As it happens. If you want to make America great again, vote Trump and it's away at the top of the hour fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talks as this sevenh six A happy Friday, PA Brian Thomas inviting you to stick around all the rest of the show. We're gonna have hair Don Toltzman on at the bottom of this start to talk about Octoberfest season. Got all the information about the various festivals and how to follow the German American Citizens League of Greater Cincinnati on Facebook, which will of course be doing a running tally and providing information about Octoberfest season. Hair Toltzman. Seven point thirty one hour from hair Toltzman. We're gonna hear from Jim Stid Jim are gonna be talking about the war Birds lunkin Airport weekend. Awesome event that is, see some of the old aircraft, and an opportunity to even fly on one if it's not too late. I know there were limited number of available seats on those antique airplanes, but what the heck, it's airport days. A lot of fun there and so it's great opportunity for this weekend, in addition to the fireworks which are of course going on on Sunday segue to Holiday Monday. Neither Joe's Tracker nor I will be here, however, gart Jeff Walker's covering for me, Jos Trecker's taking a vacation, first vacation in well forever for Joe's Tracker. Let us see here. Did anybody watch the interview with Kamala Harrison Tim Wallas last night? See? I was past my bedtime, so I wasn't able to just reading some of the responses that are non responses, like the day one question I found to be one of the most comical examples of her answering without answering. Voters are really eager to hear what your plans are if you're elected what would you do? On day one in the White House? Her initial response, Well, there are a number of things I will tell you, First and foremost, one of my highest priorities is to do what we can to support and strengthen the middle class. That's it. When I look at the aspirations, the goals, the ambitions of the American people, I think that people are well ready for a new way forward in a way that generations of Americans have been fueled by hope and optimism. So a number of things. Do what we can to support and strengthen the middle class fueled by hope and optimism is my boiled down summary, which means you end up with words, words, words, words, words, words, words with nothing attached to them by way of specifically, what do you mean do what we can? What is it that you can do? I think that was the nature of the question, wasn't it that bash? Press the so what would you do? Day one? Thank you for at least following up the Ina bash And this is her more fact filled response. Day one. It's going to be about one implementing my plan for what I call an opportunity economy. I've already laid out a number of proposals in that regard, which include what we're going to do to bring down the cost of everyday goods, and what we're going to do to invest in America's small business, and what we're gonna do to invest in families. No, I don't know that you have a plan for that that anybody knows of. I mean my plan. Do you remember her plan? Remember she was talking about all the specifics of her plan before and that she just didn't need to bother providing by way of specifics to Dana Bash during the interview. The one singular thing that she did cite in this exchange the six thousand dollars child credit to family so they can buy a car seat and buy baby clothes and a crib. That's just one thousand dollars difference when they planned. Donald Trump rolled out prior to Kamala Harris's six thousand dollars child credit, and that was his suggestion that there will be a five thousand dollars child credit. So no real difference between the two candidates in that regard. She went on, there's the work that we're gonna do that is about investing in the American family around affordable housing, a big issue in our country right now. She pointed out something that we all know about. So there are a number of things on day one. Now, from all of that, all those words, words, words, words, platitudes without substance. The only thing that she specifically said was a child tax credit of six thousand dollars. Everything else was just nothing. This is what really irks me. Candidates get away with this all the time. It's about the community, it's about the people. We need to consider the people and you know, their own shared experiences and yeah, what are you talking about? And on fracking, she did a pretty masterful job with the dodge, dick, dive and dodge on that one, because when she was campaigning for president in twenty nineteen, quote, there's no question I'm in favor of banning fracking. That was what she was asked when she said what would you do in the first day in office? When she was running for president? Move forward a few months. She had dropped out by that time, and that's when she met the DEI box check for the Biden administration. Was handpicked to be the vice president, and so during her presidential or vice presidential debate with Mike Pence, that's when she said, Joe Biden will not end fracking. He's been very clear about that. I will repeat in the American people know that Joe Biden will not banfracking. But amid all of this, you know, I see I said I wouldn't ban fracking. No, you were saying Joe Biden wouldn't do it. But at the same time you said, your policies, your principles have not changed. She repeated that line several times, So her principles and have not changed. She the candidate her self, was in favor of banning fracking. She stood behind Joe Biden when announcing that Joe Biden wouldn't ban fracking. So, like I said, a rather artful dodge. I'll have to give her credit for that one. But in the final analysis and conclusion, you didn't learn anything. Now do you think she's actually going to debate Donald Trump? I know they've been arguing over whether microphone should be on or off. Isn't that sort of a childish thing to argue about? Are you going to really cancel a presidential debate when you are Kambala Harris one of the least known and understood presidential candidates in the history of this country because the mainstream media and you will not allow for any vetting. Just don't do the interview right, they'll allow her to hide in the basement. Just keep pointing back to the CNN interview with Dana bash I went over that with Dana bash I don't need to revisit these issues. Well, what didn't she do? Donald Trump put a whole list together. M what about her support for ending cash bell for violent criminals? Didn't address how she used to fund there? Maybe still does. The Minnesota Freedom Fund which bailed out rioters. Her vote for the America Rescue Plan, the tie breaking vote, which say every economist says at least fueled inflation the billions of dollars thrown into that she was all behind defunding the police when it was all the rage. Is she still in favor of defunding the police? She previously compared policing to slavery. Is she still of that mindset? Since, well, her principles haven't changed. My values have not changed, she said that more than once, which you can read any way you want. So maybe her values about well comparing policing to slavery haven't changed. Maybe her values about Bidenomics haven't changed because she repeatedly praised it in spite of the fact that we're all living with the realities of a you know, twenty percent larger grocery bill and thirty percent greater electricity costs, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. She previously had out loud, regular praise for Medicare for every citizen and maybe even expanding it to illegal immigrants, a socialist takeover of our healthcare system. Where was she on that one? I don't know, but remember her values have not changed, so she's probably still in favor of that. It wasn't brought up closing immigration detention centers and freeing hundreds of hundreds of thousands of criminals into American neighborhoods. Now she's in favor of the so called bipartisan bill that got shot down because, as Ted Cruz pointed out in Gloria's detail, I don't need to reread his comments on that, you can find him for yourself. But it didn't do anything to shut down the border. It's still allowed five thousand a year or five thousand a day, up to one point five million new illegal immigrants a year. Had all kinds of crazy provisions in there to just basically continue the status quo. But it does have money for a wall. So now she's in favor of a wall because she's in favor of a bill that didn't go anywhere, and of course blames Donald Trump, who wasn't intellected office for the bill not going anywhere. I've never been able to make heads or tails out of that one. Reparations she previously supported reparations. Is she still in favor of that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: You didn't get a question on that, nor decriminalizing prostitution. I wasn't even aware that she was in favor of that. The libertarian in me has mixed emotions on decriminalizing prostitutions. My view of it is, like I said in the last hour, if it's truly consenting adults, I don't care about it. But the problem comes in when you have people who are not consenting adults being forced into a life of prostitution. And then there's that subset. Thinking of her venn Diagram's prostitution as a broad category, a subset of which is child prostitution and child trafficking and child exploitation, which for someone who doesn't believe in the death penalty. That's as close as I get to embracing the death penalty is when someone exploits a child seven sixteen, you feel free to call maybe you've got some different thoughts or comments U five point three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight hundred eight two three talk. She's actually jumping up in the polls, which is a frightening reality to me. Frightening, not at all. I'll go to twenty two three Route forty two between Mason eleven, and you're in the best possible hands if you want to go to a guntoor in an indoor shooting range. They literally have everything you can hope for at twenty two three on Route forty two between Mason and eleven, and they have that wonderful indoor range, clean safe range safety officers constantly patrolling and making sure folks are safely operating and shooting on the range. The HEPA air filter filters the air out every four minutes the whole place is cleaned out. They have membership options for the range, and they also have classes, a multitude of classes, from the like what I like to call the I've never picked up a gun before class, to the I'm good at shooting. I want to hone my skills everything in between. And because it is still National Shooting Sports Month, you'll get free swag. If you've never been to twenty two three Shoot on the Range, you're eligible for some free swag. If you've been, you know how great it is. Bring a friend who hasn't been there. You'll both get some swag and that friend will share your lane for free online. Learn more about it. It's a great gun store to knowledgeable folks and a gunsmith. Twenty two to three dot com the number twenty two followed by the word three spelled out twenty two to three dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 6: Get Ready to Win.
Speaker 1: Time forty nine first on Wether forecast every day and night contains a chance of showers and storms. So with that aside, add that to everything. Today's high ninety six feeling more like more than one hundred with a heat index, overnight seventy two with party cloudy skies eighty four. Tomorrow with clouds and sun nix we have overnight lowis sixty nine. And finally for the fireworks, yes, there is that same chance of showers, but it'll be a mostly sunny day, it'll have a clear night. They're saying, I have eighty seven as well, seventy two degrees. Right now, time for a traffic update.
Speaker 10: Friendly UCY Traffic Center at the UC gardner In Neuroscience Institute, you can access the leading brain, spine and nerve experts right here in Cincinnati. Northbound four seventy one slows just a bit right side of the bridge coming into town, making the ramp to westbound Fort Washington Way, and here come the break by southbound seventy five pants the Reagan Highway outside of Amelia, car versus Deer on two twenty two above Ohio Pike.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station coming up in seven twenty one and fifty five cair CD talk station for fifty five care Sea dot com podcast when you can't listen live and get the details about our co refested events coming up with talking to har Holtzman in the next segment on that one. You can call if you like. I love hearing from you. But at the meantime, I did allude to those two poles, and we got two new ones out Wall Street Jurnal and USA Today Pole. I guess it just depends on how you view them. Like for example, now the Wall Street Journal poll fifteen hundred registered voters taking the twenty fourth through the twenty eighth, two point five percent margin of error, contrast to the USA Today poll, which is a thousand likely voters taken over the weekend between Sunday and Wednesday, margin of era three point one percent. Now, the Wall Street Journal poll finds Harris has a one point lead over Trump. It's forty eight forty seven at the currently standing. That's among registered voters in a just head to head matchup. But if you throw in some of the independent candidates, and I know RFK Junior has been trying to get off the ballot in certain states and they won't let him off the ballot, go figure on that one. Of course, those who refuse to let him off the ballot in spite of the fact he's withdrawn from the race, believe he is going to benefit Kamala Harris with siphoning off voters from Donald Trump. Anyway you throw in those others into the mix, she is ahead of Trump by two points forty seven forty five. That's when independent third party candidates are on the ballot. All within the margin of error and therefore too close to call, is the assessment about the journal's poll. Now, one Democrat pollster was talking to Newsmax, Michael Bossian especially actually talking with the journal, said voters are assessing her job approval as vice president because her job approval rating is crappy. As vice president, she's the forty two percent approval rating, fifty one percent disapprove. Voters are assessing her job approval as Biden's vice president. But turning to the new numbers with her head of Trump by two, but they're assessing her as her own candidate for president. She has emerged successfully as a candidate. Well why might that be? Don't you think she's emerged successfully as a candidate because her people are out there changing her prior positions, which she set out loud yesterday during the interview she still holds dearly. They've been peddling this moderate message that she's somehow a centrist of some sort and being successful at it. She hides the press carries the water for her, and of course Donald Trump is living rent free and every Democrats had, so all you need to do is suggest that she is somewhere she wasn't on the record before on and mentioned Trump and people go crazy. Now they turned over to David Lee, a Republican polster, and then he had something positive to say about this one. Kanala Harris has managed to tie Donald Trump nationally, and a tie nationally points to a sizeable electoral win for Trump, reminding every one of the twenty sixteen election when Hillary Clinton won the national popular vote by more than two percentage points but lost in the electoral college. So that is an important point. Both of these national polls, which would be heavily weighted Democrat if I had to guess. Let's see what Dave's got before we transition over to Holtzman. Dave, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday, Hey fran we almost made it through another one.
Speaker 11: Almost well, Hey, got two questions, both related to what you're just talking about. First question is can Robert F. Kennedy or can the Republican Party and those states actually sue to get him to get him off of the ballot in that situation? Is there anything legally you could do to get him removed? And then the second question is did you talk to Alex Trantafeela A lot I'd like to know since the point you're bringing up is about the electoral college, and really it's focusing on six to seven states. Yeah, why don't the Republicans refocus their firepower on those six to seventh states? I mean, as you've brought up, Yeah, because you have to, because really, when it comes down to it, we don't. We know Trump's gonna probably win standing up in Ohio very easy. But what's frustrating is Bernie Moreno needs to help here. He's the one that's probably gonna lose because I'm really not seeing that many ads for him. So I'd just like to know what they could do about getting him off the getting RFKR the ballot in states like Michigan and Wisconsin where they're trying to force them on, and then and then refocusing that firepower.
Speaker 1: There's a variety of lawsuits out there in a bunch of different states right now. I do believe that some of them involve Robert F. Kennedy's presence on the ballot. So I think the quick answer is, yes, there is something that can be done. What specifically is right now being done, I've lost track. I had three articles yesterday, all of which talked about the quote unquote law fare that's going on that will probably will not resolve any of the outstanding questions before the November election. So in the other component is yeah and the.
Speaker 11: Dead that point, Yeah, Well, it get done at times, right.
Speaker 1: Probably Therefore it's a bet. If I was a betting man, I'd say no. They're already starting to print up ballots. This is the complicating factor here. There's a lot of work that needs to be done before election day because early voting starts as soon as the first week in September in some states. You got to have a ballot, It has to be printed, it has to be mailed out, et cetera, et cetera, et cetera. So don't hold your breath waiting for some great outcome that might benefit Trump. But yes, I do believe there are legal mechanisms, and I know there are legal issues at play on a bunch of issues relating to voting. Generally speaking, Thanks to the call, my friend, appreciate that. Seven twenty six, Thank you, seven twenty six. Right now, if you I have kersee the talk station, we're gonna hearing about German events. Haired Toultzman, dot Heinrich Doltsman. Next after Fast and pro Roofing. Great Roofers, a reputable company, aplus with a better business bureau, and they pride themselves on their honesty. In a world filled with dishonest roofers. It's nice to know that there are folks out there you actually can trust and put your faith in. And that's fast and pro with a free roof inspection and a quote for any work that needs to be done if work doesn't need to be done, unlike so many others, and not going to try to say something you do not need, maybe give you a sort of a thumbnail sketch about how much life your roof has in it. And thanks to Deb who used to be in sales here. She's retired and she had I believe that was her daughter out had Eric out, my daughter's boyfriend, to inspect the roof, and actually he ended up fixing something for free that you know, otherwise somebody might let a charge. But he found one of these one of the dreams was clogged and buried or something. Anyway, she sent me a text and just what a wonderful guy, so nice and so friendly. She approved of him as my daughter's boyfriend. But also Eric has got years of experiencing the roofing business. I think he's been in the roofing business since he was in high school. So young man he is, but experience he is, so he may be the one doing your free roof inspection and free quote. Call him. They've been around since nineteen ninety nine, locally owned and operated a plus again with the BBB, and they do literally any kind of roof and you have to get a new shingle roof roof replacement time. You're going to be upgraded automatically to the certainty Landmark pro fifty years shingle. But they do every other kind of about exterior project into including custom metal work, and they work is true craftsman level work. Find him online fast and fast n fastenproroofing dot com. The number is five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five. I have seven seven four ninety four ninety five fifty five KRC the tox date seven thirty one coming up seven thirty two fifty five Krcity talk station normally on that German Music's plan. I'm staring at a bunch of people in the studio that are surrounded by beer and brats and food and pastries, all things German because it is Octoberfest season. Why is my studio empty? I'm just joking with you. Welcome, Welcome back to the fifty five care Morning Show, mister German hair Don Heinrich Toltzman.
Speaker 12: Good to have you back on, Brother Guten Morgan, Guten Morgan, Brian and I do. We greatly appreciate all the work you do for German heritage in the German community.
Speaker 1: We really liked your.
Speaker 12: Program and ready to come on and talk about the Octoberfest season. And it really is a season. It's not one single event and I'll be talking about that, but it's this season is widely celebrated in our area. And it's not surprising because Cincinnati is a major German heritage center. There aren't many people of German background are settled throughout the US, but there are only three cities that are especially strong, Cincinnati, Saint Louis and Milwaukee, and together they form what it's called the German Triangle. And in our in the Tri state area, I'd say well over half the population has some German ancestry somewhere in their family trees. So I often say too that if you don't understand German heritage, you don't understand our area because it's an influence just about everything. And I've written a lot about it. Over the Rhine, the beer barns, the Robling Bridge, and I want to thank you for inviting me to come on so I could talk about the books in the pasting. I think they help explain our Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: I was steeped in German heritage. You know, I always joke around it. I don't think I have any German I mean, but I always feel like I'm part of the fun because, let's face it, Yeah, all these festivals are simply about fun. You know the word gimuthlik kite. We joke about that all the time, in a sense of fellowship and fun. And ment's face it, anywhere you're putting, you bet a bunch of beer and a bunch of happy people filled with schnaps and strudel and amazing German sausage, along with the dancing and the kids, and it's how can you not have a great time and feel German? Don I mean, that's what it comes down to.
Speaker 12: Well, we are a brewing heritage center always. I've been going back to the nineteenth century now with regard to the October fest season. A friend of mine last year tried to count up the number of Octoberfests and he came up with around twenty. So I followed up and I got together. I stopped at around forty. And the reason is there are many groups churches, breweries, restaurants and so on that they celebrate October Fest and it really reflects the popularity of commute lyskait, as you mentioned, popularity of German heritage. So there's no way I can talk about all of them. But aside from being a historian, I'm also a president of the German American Citizens League, and that's an umbrella organization for German societies in our area. And many people might not know, but there are about forty of them and they range from the smaller, middle sized to larger groups. So I like to highlight them because they can be considered very authentic and information can be found about them on the Facebook site of the German American Citizens League.
Speaker 1: Now, don because we're going to take a break and we'll bring it back to talk about some of what's going on in the upcoming the short term. It's German hyphen American Citizens League of Greater Cincinnati. You type that in your search Facebook. It will pop right up and you can go ahead and click that like button like so many thousands of others have done. So pause, we'll bring har Toldtman back. I got to start off, and you can prepare yourself. I know you've provided people with the reason there is a celebration called october Fest in various forms. Going to ask about that, and then we'll get to some of the details about ones that are coming up. It's seven thirty six right now, and I want to mention Peter Shabrier Kelllerwilliams seven Hills value. There's a reason you need a real estate agent, whether your buyers are solos agent good real estate agents, and I would argue great real estate agents, which is what you're going to find a Shabri group of Keller Williams seven Hills. They can help maximize the sell price your home. They can keep you out of trouble when you're out looking for homes to buy. Just so many reasons why you need a great real estate agent. That value is why they get a commission, and the commission rules they have changed. He was on the Morning Show a week or so ago explaining how this is going to work for your benefit. You'll get better real estate agents and it probably will cost you less than the prior situation. You can go back to the podcast on that one to learn the details. But of course his entire team knows all about it, and they've got programs that nobody else is offering, the Instant Offer program and then the Cash the Keys program where you work with the Shabria Group and you leverage Anni Max cash to make a cash offer in your home. That'll put your chances of winning in a bidding war, which sadly are still going on out there because of the shortage of real estate inventory in the area. You can get ahead of the folks by a huge, substantial percentage. So learn more online. Go to seven zero eight three thousand dot com seven zero eight three thousand dot com. Call them up again, Cincinnat's number one real estate group. You're going to get that five star experience five one three seven zero eight three thousand.
Speaker 6: I f krcs KRCD Talk Station.
Speaker 1: Thomas Don Heinrich Poltzman. Man, he is an amazing author. You know, Don, I was just looking at Amazon. He type in Don Toltzman, Geez, how many books have you written?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 12: Quite a few, but I would say I have so many possibilities to do research on here in the greater Cincinnati area, brewing has been mentioned over the Rhine and Spring Grove Cemetery that was created by Adolf Straus was the superintendent of landscaping there and made it a really a masterful piece of landscaping. So there's just many possibilities. And I would say two. A large number of the works I have translated from German, and the reason being was that these are the only sources of information and I felt they needed to be made available because they weren't. This is especially true with regard to the Civil War. Many people are not aware and it's not recorded in books in the English language. How the large contribution to the Union army the Germans made.
Speaker 1: Yes, Sir, area well read all about it, and I also noted, and I thought it was a timely that I observed this. She wrote the book about the Weedeman, the founder of the Weedeman Brewery, George Whedaman, Northern Kentucky's beer baron the Man and his brewery. We're having a listener lunch next Wednesday at weedem and brew House in Saint Bernard. No connection I don't know if they're the Weedeman family, but I thought that made sense or mind folks, you've written a book about him, but he's Louis. So many books on German history, it's just it's overwhelming. So thank you for your contribution to history and documenting all. This the only place you can find much of what Don Holtzman has written about or Toltzman's written about. So onto october Fest, and before we get to some of the events, what is the genesis of the celebration? Because this has been going on for hundreds of years, hasn't it.
Speaker 2: It has.
Speaker 12: It goes back to the anniversary celebration of the wedding in Munich of Crown Prince Ludovich to Princess Teresa Ozaksa hillsborg Hausen and they were married on the twelfth of October in eighteen ten, and the wedding celebration proved to be so popular that became an annual celebration, and each year it got bigger and better. There many booths and beer tents were added from the breweries in Munich and developed into the festival known as Octoberfest. This season, it was moved back into September because of inclement weather, and that's why in Munich it does begin on the twenty first of September now and goes through October sixth. So that's why people ask why it's a beginning so earlier it had in Munich. It had to do with inclement weather. Now, so for those that time period in Munich, it'll be celebrated then. But I have to say that we have a longer.
Speaker 1: Season of.
Speaker 12: Octoberfest because in our area begins at the end of August and it does go up to the early October. And our season it began this last weekend. The Germanian Society had its october Fest. It began celebrating in nineteen seventy one and it actually pioneered celebrating october Fest in Cincinnati. Had began at harrist Holme Park West Side, and for many years it has been at the Germania Park and Coloring Township. And this weekend the season begins with the Liberty Home German Society in Hamilton, Ohio. It begins later at today and continues on through Sunday, and the opening ceremony is five pm on Saturday. This will be its fifty eighth anniversary and Liberty Home is one of the many German societies. The Octoberfest we have here is Octoberfest Cincinnati, and something about the history about that is interesting. In nineteen seventy six, the US celebrated its bi centennial two hundred anniversary, and so the German American Citizens League, which I mentioned, recommended that the city celebrate great German heritage by a city wide Octoberfest for everybody to celebrate German heritage. Everybody, bring the city all together and celebrate for the weekend of Demutelishkite.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 12: We've worked together with the Chamber of Commerce on that. We do have now the largest Octoberfest in the US, second only to the one in Munich, which by the way, is our sister city. And we haven't many exchange programs that go back and forth, students and firemen and art exhibits. There's all kinds of connections that we have to the sister city.
Speaker 1: Well as well, we should be sister city of Munich. I mean, Lord Almighty. And it is a neat thing. I mean, you know, a little old Cincinnati often overlook, you know, we're a flyover state and law and behold, the second largest Octoberfest outside of Munich. I think that's speaks volumes to our the proud we the how proud we are of our German heritage.
Speaker 12: Well, you know, another great thing is we have had the October Fest Cincinnati in the downtown district for some time since nineteen seventy sixth but this year has a great and beautiful location. It will be at Sawyer Point along the banks of the Ohio River, which it's like the American Rhineland, and it will take place Thursday through Sunday, September nineteenth to the twenty second, and as usual, we will have a brass band from Bavaria. And another interesting thing about it, a presenting sponsor is Sam Adams.
Speaker 1: Which the brewery.
Speaker 12: In the West End and it's brewed by a Boston beer company and that was founded by Jim Koch, who actually is a native Cincinnatian of German descent, and we's been here and he'll be here this year.
Speaker 1: We'll have a.
Speaker 12: Procession on the Saturday of the fest with Jim.
Speaker 1: Will be there.
Speaker 12: Great and we also we always have city council members from Munich that we'll be here. And another great thing we'll have this huge tent and Sire Point there a great big beer tent.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna be great.
Speaker 12: So the fest continues on with the Donah Schwaben Society. They have their fest at on October fourth through six. It's the thirty second anniversary. They're located in Cole Rane Township. And I know you've been there.
Speaker 1: We had a beer out there. Well, yes we did. Don Since we're out of time, I'll remind my listeners German American citizens Greater Cincinnati keeping tabs on all these and we'll have you back as these events get closer to remind people what's going on in the details. Harol Holtzman, keep up the great work, and thank you for documenting our wonderful German heritage here in the Greater Cincinnati area.
Speaker 12: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Brian, keep up.
Speaker 1: The great work. Thanks brother. I'm just I'm happy to be in a position to do it. Take care of yourself. We'll talk soon. We're gonna catch ourselves a crime stopper. Back out of that wed hear just a second. I first, though, need to steer you inter right direction, and that is USA Insulation Premium foam and the xteriy walls of your home. You pay for that part and you'll get a free attic insallation from the USA folks, and they will, and then you'll be eligible for energy tax credit next year. That's twelve hundred dollars. That's complements of your federal tax forms. To take advantage of it. Get the foam in the exterior wall to be doing yourself a favor instant noticeably more comfortable home the day they install it. Average home installed in less than a day. So you get that free attic insallation. And then every month if you run in your HVA system, you're going to save heaploads of money. The product pays for its Note your energy built gone up a lot, hasn't it. We'll make it go down with USA's PHAM. Don't know whether you need the insulation or not. It's a free inspection and free quote because you may be under insulated like my daughter's home was, and that's why we bought the phone for her new home. Three eight one three six two six five one three three eight one foam final online USA Insallation dot net.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC for decades. The Mafia Head where.
Speaker 3: The spirits of America lives on every day, every day, we people can come together and debate the issues.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. My mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulex of fot cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. Six fifty five Cares of the Dogs Days and Thanks Joe. I put that quote on my Facebook page the other day and it just cracked me up. I was I was more amused by the people who had no idea where that line came from. It's like mel Brooks, thank you, Blazing Saddles. And for those who weren't familiar with where that line came from, you really need to see Blazing Saddles. That is a side splittingly funny movie. And yes, I would argue they could still make that movie today because all of the humor is directed at the racists and the morons and the idiots at the movie Erico, It's not a racist movie. Five one three seven four D two three Talk Found five fifty on eight and T phone. Okay, I've been talking about some of the comments from Kamala Harris yesterday. Not very substantive at all. Dana Bash asked some pressing questions, but the remarks that we got from Kamala Harris were empty and hollow and didn't say anything. She did say, let me be clear, my values have not changed multiple times, but her policy points may have changed. We still aren't quite sure on that. What about the border, Well, first of all, she said, the root causes work that I did as vice president, that I was asked to do by the President. It was actually resulted in the number of benefits, including historic investments by American businesses in that region. Of course, she's referring to Central America where people have many millions of well thousands and tens of hundreds of thousands of folks have flowed from the Central American region. But how many countries around the world are coming across our border? Yeah, like all of them. If you've seen it, it is amazing. Not to pick on the continent of Africa, but that or the continent of you know, like China. How do those people end up coming to our southern border. It's just a real baffling thing. But they come and then they come right across.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: We've been dealing with this for years now. She claims she wasn't the borders are, but she was tasked with solving this situation. In Central America, which is an economic problem, and that's why she touted the investment by American businesses in that region. Do people there enjoy a higher standard of living now? Probably not. It's a problem that's been going on since longer than I've been alive. But then she said, the number of immigrants coming from that region has actually reduced since we began that work. Really now we all know what it was like under Trump, and the numbers bear it out. A lot fewer people crossing the border. With the remain in Mexico policy and the among others, as well as enforcing the actual border. Federal data those shows the volume of illegal border crossers from Mexico, El salvad Or, Guatemala, and Honduras, the areas that she said she was assigned to, are down but slightly combined. In the last ten months ten months, four nine hundred and forty five thousand apprehensions from folks just from those countries. Got to emphasize that just from those countries versus remember again, nine hundred and forty five thousand the most recent ten months of data versus nine hundred and fifty five thousand in the same period in a prior in the prior year, so ten thousand fewer, not exactly a significant accomplishment. The sea the year before that was one million, one hundred and fifty one thousand. And then when Harris began her role as the Czar of Central America, I guess one million, eighty six thousand, So basically there's only like four million from that Central American area since she became the so called Central Americans are orbal color borders are because it's more properly stated. Overall, illegal border crossing surged higher during the period of time she was responsible, topping nearly two point five million in fiscal year twenty twenty three. Huh really. And she also said she's changed her position, even though her values remained the same. She repeated multiple times no longer supports decriminalizing illegal border crossing, but she didn't specifically say that. She jumped around it. I believe there should be consequences. We have laws that have to be followed in force that address and deal with people who cross our border illegally, and there should be consequences. And then she pivoted back to her role as California prosecutor and talked about g I prosecuted transnational criminal organization who traffic guns and drugs and human beings. Great, well, let's I'm glad you did that. That's your job as prosecutor. Even if they weren't transnational criminal organizations. How about criminal organizations that existed within the state of California, not by migrants, but by just regular good old fashioned crips and bloods and other gang members. They traffic and guns and drugs and human beings as well. Noting the obvious, and as we think about the border generally speaking, and whether or not you think Kamala Harris did a great job or not, and whether you think we should have an open border or not, what we do have are concerns and fears. FBI Director Ray has uttered the you know, this is the the most dangerous period of time I've ever witnessed in my lifeline several times since the beginning of the year. Now we have isis Isamic state group calling for its supporters to conduct terror attacks here in the United States as well as Europe. They're they have an official weekly. Joe Strecker gets the hard copy Al Naba. Did you get your most recent copy of Al Naba? Joe, you gotta give it to me when you're done. Thanks, just said, He'll translate it for me. Terrorist group took credit for the August twenty third attack at a remote penal college in Russia. The left for prison employees dead. Same terrorist group is calling for attacks here. Does anyone want to guess whether or not they believe there are members of ISIS or other terror organizations in and among the known godaways that total about two million over the past four or five years, or among the two and a half or so million newly minted illegal immigr and so we've let into our country under Biden's catch and release policies. Does anyone think that the our foes out there, regardless of which corner of the globe they come from, would let this opportunity pass them by. Look, we can walk right in everybody's doing it. I'm concerned we have allowed now Venezuela's most dangerous gang to establish a presence here. Probably never heard of them. Venezuela and gang called Trendyaragua. Members of the gang moving through the state to cross into the United States near El Paso, the Mexican border state of Chihuahuas, where they came through in El Paso, and a whole bunch of members of this gang. Treasure Department just this January sanctioned this gang organization as a transnational criminal organization. They say they've committed human trafficking, extortion, money longering, drug trafficking, and pose a deadly criminal threat across the Western hemisphere. That's a Treasury Department statement, not mine. And they've taken over some of these illegal migrant facilities apparently as well, although the governor of Colorado, Governor Jared Paulis thinks that this is all a lie, a social media fabrication. I guess there's much social media talking about this, this trendy Argua again taking over apartment buildings in the Denver suburb of Aurora, where a ton of these illegal immigrants have flown into are moved to Aurora from Denver. Denver's got a higher concentration of illegal immigrants, I think than any other city in the country, where a lot of them have moved twenty to thirty five forty miles away to Aurora and it's causing a real problem there. Paulus, the Governor, did a press conference after a statement in response to Aurora City Councilman Danielle Jurinsky about the gang takeovers, which are tied to his policies that she concluded. Democratic governor spokesman said, the governor has already let the mayor know that the state is ready to support local law and Police department with assistants from state troopers and the Colorado Bureau of Investigation. But according to police intelligence, this purported invasion is largely a feature of Danielle Jurinsky's imagination. Hum he said, well, it's illegal to take over buildings in Colorado, and if Derinsky has knowledge of such activity, the Governor's office is ready to assist police in taking them back. But on Wednesday and you could see it Fox News Denver air. The surveillance video shows an armed gang of men later confirmed by police as members of the Trendy Aragua gang, going through an apartment complex and Aurora, which the residents say is overrun by the gang. Governor asked the residents. Three of the men seen carrying handguns, one guy has a rifle, went into the apartment complex broke into a unit shortly before a shootout took place there, left one person severely injured. The mayor there. Aurora Mayor Mike Kaufman said yesterday there are several buildings that have fallen to these Venezuelan gangs in this city. He said the buildings were used as taxpayer funded migrant housing, which gave the gangs a foothold. Mayor speaking to the Governor, I guess h that's a shame. I just don't understand why they are more willing to do something about this. So, in addition to all the other gangs we already had well established in our country, the flow of fentanyl, the flow of children who are being sexually exploited, the murders, the violence, add trend ar Agua to the group, and you can thank the Biden Harris administration for their presence in our country. Doctor j you'll be next. I am out of time in this segment, but I promise I'll take your call if you don't mind holding for a moment. I want to mention Colin Electric. You want great electricians working on your home. You got a residential electric project. You're in the best possible hands with Andrew Cullen and his team of highly trained, qualified licensed electricians who will do the work for you at a great price and give you a ten year wiring warranty on everything they do. I like to thank Color Electric personally for the beautiful work they've done at our home. Really just a slow improvement over the life of our house. It's like our pet project. So you know, we didn't have can lights in the house originally, we added them. They did the We added a whole house generator because we wanted the peace of mindor generator provides. They wired that up for us. They wired the bathrooms we had recently remodeled, on and on and on. They do fantastic work. A well oiled machine they are, and again prices right. It's why they enjoy an A plus. Is the better business beer around for twenty five years. Family owned and operated since nineteen ninety nine, Tell Andrew and the team, Brian said, have many call for an appointment five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online it's Cullen's U L E. N. Cullen Electric Cincinnati dot.
Speaker 6: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: Another insurance story from.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Bryan. Great to talk to you and happy Friday.
Speaker 1: Right back at you, brother. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Doc? Well? I thought i'd call him with some good news for a change. Yeah, day, we need that, don't we.
Speaker 1: Amen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So yeah, So just something I've been noticing. I've been on X for some months now and I've been watching this guy, Robbie Starbuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, the antide does the anti DEEI guy. He gets out and he exposes all those companies out there that engage in diversity, equity inclusion as opposed to merit as well as trashing their produciare obligation to maximize shareholder returns. But yeah, that's the guy.
Speaker 2: Amazing guy. I mean, he's had success at tractor Supply, at John Deere, Harley Davidson, Jack Daniel's Loves, and I guess he's sort of working with home Depot. Amazing guy. So here's I have a question for the audience and for you. We all remember the my Pillow guy, Mike Lindell oh y, yes, yeah, And you know during COVID, I was rather shocked to find that he was canceled by bed Bath and Beyond. I think that was twenty twenty, and I was just upset. You know, here's this guy. We turned his company to making masks for COVID, and just because there was this whole anti Trump thing. They canceled him. Now, I spent a lot of money at that Best Beyond. I was a big bed Bathroom Beyond guy. I bought my coffee there, I bought everything there. I loved the store. I just decided to cancel it myself. I said, I don't need Bed Bath and Beyond if this is the way they're going to behave, and I just stopped using them. Then you know what happened at Bed Bath and Beyond. I mean, they kind of went bankrupt during COVID. Now they blamed COVID for this, and I'm just wondering, did anyone out there listening do what I did, just spunk taneously on their own without doing anything else. It was pretty bad what they did, and a lot of us were feeling like that wasn't right.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: I wonder if that's one of the reasons that they went bankrupt.
Speaker 1: It's certainly positives on their own, we're thinking the way I did. Yeah, the greatest illustration of that was a diyl of Anlvani screw up by bud Light. You know, I mean, Target went all completely LGBTQ plus and we haven't shopped the Target in probably two decades. We made the choice, or rather my wife made the choice and never stepped put in the Target store because they had the worst return policy on the plane and she just said, I'm not going to abide anymore. So fortunately we were way ahead of the curve on that one, Jay, But you may be onto something there. I mean, people make these choices every single day.
Speaker 2: So, I mean Target did survive through COVID. They kind of they kind of came out with their policies a.
Speaker 5: Little bit later, right, you know.
Speaker 2: They they've gotten rid of boy girl toys and boy girl sections. They've been doing this for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know what their profit margins are now versus before that information came out. That's another place you could look to see if people are making that choice.
Speaker 2: Good question, though, Jays, anyone listening were you a big, big bath and Beer beyond person? Did you specifically stop using them because of Mike Lindell? This audience might have done that, as some other people did.
Speaker 1: I just wonder, well, we'll throw that out there, doctor j I always appreciate the call. Best of love to your wife. I hope she's doing well. My friend. Let's see Al's next. Actually, hold on, jay Al next, Welcome to the Welcome in the Morning Show. Ol, thanks for calling. Happy Friday, Hey, good morning talk.
Speaker 7: Put the morning to you.
Speaker 2: Hey, Brian, I just I just talking about the Harris interview and the immigration numbers. You know, I I totally believe we can trust those numbers, just like the just like the eight hundred thousand myths on the employment from the Labor Department. Eight hundred thousand job myths.
Speaker 1: I know, it's like eight hundred and thirteen thousand. Let's not gave that number down a little bit. How do you screw up that? That's like the jobs, that's the total jobs number for some months, you know, or quarters is like they're off by eight hundred plus thousand. Jesus, Oh, thank you. That was comical. So I'm getting to laugh on a Friday. Do we have time real quick? Joe, huh? I don't know, Sorry, Jay, I just used at the time. And we've got Jim Stick coming on next, talk about war birds. It's lunk and airport days coming up this weekend. You got so much stuff to do, happy to highlight it on the Morning Show. You have choices, exercise it, ohc You have a choice when it comes to your cancer care. And I'm sorry for anybody out there who goes through what I had to go through, which is you get a cancer diagnosis. Not exactly a day, it will be a day you will always remember, but a sinking feeling I think adequately describes how I felt when he said you have cancer. And uh, I'm glad I was placed in great hands. Thanks to me for taking the recommendation from Joony and things the joning for steering me toward OHC. For more than thirty five years, their cancer research team has been engaged in bringing innovative treatment options to their patient, focusing on your individual treatment, offering the latest and leading edge treatments and clinical trials, which is where you want to be. Cutting edge cancer research folks. It's changing every single day and they'll surround you with everything you need to focus on beating cancer. Trust me on that. One. You get the bad news, start with OHC, which is what I did, or you can get a second opinion. Of course, you can to do either. Eight eight eight six hundred eight eight eight six eight hundred online. You'll find them at ohcare dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Hey Gary, someone here when you're pre Here's your nine first warning weather forecast. Muggy, hot, ninety six of the high, isolated showers today, feeling more like one hundred plus degrees gippe overnight said twenty two with the chances of showers on an eighty four tomorrowsya with a chance of showers and storm just a suncloud mix clouds over night down to sixty nine when the chances of showers and storms for fireworks Sunday and Octoberfest Sunday Sunday chances showers otherwise clear night and eighty seven for the high seventy six degrees. Now time for traffic.
Speaker 10: Brother the UC Help Tramfic Center at the UCI gardner In Neuroscience Institute. You can access the leading brainspine and nerve experts right here in Cincinnati. Northbound seventy five slows for an extra minute or two between Buttermilk and Dixie.
Speaker 1: That's getting better.
Speaker 10: Southbound seventy five continues to run an extra five in and out of lock run southbound seventy one not a problem so far this morning. Chuck ingramon fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty on a Friday in the very happy one to you boy. There are so many things going on this weekend. You get the fireworks on Sunday, Octoberfest and of course the Lunkin Airport Days and here to talk about the details on the whys, the winds and the warfors. Jim Stitch, Jim, welcome back those good to have you on talk about Lunkin Airport Days.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for having us on CINCINNY. Warbird says, some really great things going on this week through the weekend. We're hosting the Flying Legends Victory tour of two iconic World War Two aircraft, the B seventeen Flying Fortress and to be twenty five Mitchell Bomber. Both of them will be offering rides Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, and then when they're not flying, they'll be able to tour through the inside of the aircraft. And then Saturday and Sunday we have our annual Flunkin Airport Days open house from ten am to four pm, where we'll have additional warbird and civilian aircraft on display, some of them giving rides, helicopter rides. We've got classic cars going on Saturday and Sunday, military vehicles, exhibits, food trucks, all kinds of great things for a great family outing.
Speaker 1: Well, last time I had somebody to talk about this, it's been several weeks. We were trying to put the bug in people's there. Like Cheryl pop came on the program from Honor Flight tri State, which we'll have a booth there as well, was talking about hurry up and get the tickets. If you plan on wanting to ride in the B seventeen to the B twenty five, you had to do that in advance. Are there still seats available if someone is willing to pay the price for the ticket to fly on one of those planes.
Speaker 2: There are a few seats left, but you've got to go online and book them as a asap. Yes, Yes, Cincinnati Warbirds dot Org has all the information on how to do that.
Speaker 1: Joe Trekker adding that to the vlog page fifty five cars right now, so people can go there if they can't remember the specific site. So Flying Legends, that's the name of the entity that owns these planes, Am I right on that?
Speaker 2: Actually, the Commemorative Air Force. It's one of their divisions if you will throughout the country and these folks are out of Mesa, Arizona. The B seventeen Sentimental Journey that they own is one of only four still flying in the world, and this one is the only one touring the eastern part of the US right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's actually heartbreaking when you think about it. I mean, how many those B seventeens were manufactured during World War Two? And I understand a lot of them got shot down, but wow, that there's only four left and it just seems to be a sad passing of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there. I think there were over twelve thousand actually manufactured, but there's more than four that left. But these are the only four still flying. They're worthy, well, no, I mean, and essentially these are flying museums. So by doing these tours, they raised the funds to be able to preserve these for future generations to enjoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maintenance and upkeep and then the fuel that goes into them. Of course, that's you know, it is an expensive ticket, but talk about it once in a lifetime experience. You've been in these planes, haven't you, Jim. You've flown in them, right, Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, I've not only flown in them, I've flown them. Oh, it's what an amazing experience. Yes, yes, does it?
Speaker 1: How does it differ from a modern aircraft? I mean in terms of practically, because I would think, you know, someone would have to have a certain special skill set to fly one of these older aircraft because of the modern conveniences that are built in. But I don't have a piloty license, and I don't know. Is there a big difference between say, you know, modern aircraft in one of these Oh.
Speaker 2: Certainly, certainly. I owned a T twenty eight Trojan and we had an airshow demo team Trojan Horsemen for a number of years that we would fly at air shows all across the country. And it's definitely, as you say, more basic, but we've upgraded with modern avionics and so forth, so it's still safe to fly and good like UH modifications wherever possible. Plus these uh, these older aircraft have been completely restored and they under very strict guidelines from the FAA as far as making training of the crews to make sure they're very safe.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's what I would expect, because I have heard tell I have been inside them, of course, you know, and I've been to Wright Patterson Air Force Base and seeing all the amazing aircraft they have there, many of which you can go through, they just seem like, you know, it's tin cans with with with with props attached to them. There's not a whole lot of substance of those planes. It's loud and it you know, they just they just seem so I don't know, bare bones minimum, which I guess was necessary because the limited amount of supplies that were in the ration that was going on in World War Two.
Speaker 2: Well, that's you know, that's the important part of experienceeing them firsthand. I mean you can see movies and watch videos and so forth, but until you are actually in the airplane, seeing it, feeling it, hearing it, touching it, smelling it, it's a visceral experience. It's hard to describe until you've actually experienced it firsthand. On just what these young airmen experienced in more time.
Speaker 1: And young is young. I mean you had seventeen, eighteen, nineteen year olds and behind the stick you could have maybe a twenty year old.
Speaker 2: Right, absolutely, Yeah, it's amazingly. One of our paternal members of the CINCINNTI war Birds was Lieutenant Herb Heilbrin. He was a B seventeen aircraft commander veteran of thirty five missions. And the epitome of the Greatest Generation is a wonderful.
Speaker 1: Time, no question about it. Well, salute to everyone that is involved in the Flying Legends Victory Tour. Salut everybodies involved in the Cincinnti war Birds and bringing these wonderful aircraft and vehicle and all the other the things that will be on display. And the car is the car show something that people can just show up with their classic car or is it one that people had to register for. I'm always curious about that because I'm a car guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we have limited space that these were prearranged prety so there'll be about twenty plus classic cars, corvettes, British Car Club so forth. It will be there both Saturday and Sunday. And the best thing about on airport days is it's free, free admission, free parking.
Speaker 1: Well, you just got a whole bunch more people that are planning on going.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I loved that word, you know, free, bring the whole family. This is something kids absolutely love. I mean yeah, you know it's one thing for adults to come and see this and be inspired. But when kids get to see this kind of stuff, I remember distinctly when I was I think the first time I went through Wright Patterson Airporce Base, I was probably like ten years old, and I remember like it was yesterday. It's just inspiring. Well, Jeff's did. Thank you for coming to fifty five KRC Morning Show and promoting the event. I know everybody's going to want to be there. The information Joe Strecker has added to my blog page at fifty five KRC dot com, or you just go to Cincinnati Warbirds dot Org directly Jim. Best of luck, and I hope you have a wonderful event.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, thanks for being having us on you.
Speaker 1: I'm always here for you, just to ask appreciate it. A thirty eight fifty five KRC DE talk station you can feel free to call folks. Got some time for more phone calls before the show's over. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones, and a call you also need to make if you are interested in getting some money out of your home. You've got equity built up that comes with a refile refive some of that money right into your pocket. If you're a first time buyer, you're going to need somebody to work with on securing that mortgage.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And that's why I'm recommend Susie Low's account. A dear lady, a wonderful lady. Customer service couldn't be possibly better. With more than thirty five years in the mortgage business, no one knows more than Susette. What stay do you in doesn't matter, even if you're in Puerto Rico. She can help you. She's with Cross Country Mortgage, so license in all those states and never a junk fee or an application fee. It quite simply is great rates at a low cost, quick service. They got my daughter financed, I think within just two days of her initial contact, and she loved working with Suzette and thanked me for recommending hers. Like what you think, I would recommend anybody but the best of my daughter. That's why I'm telling you to get in touch with her. She's great about getting back with you. See, you got nothing to worry about that. You can go ahead and call it right now if you want five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six, or shoot an email. It's Suzette dot lows Camps felled l s e Kamp Suzette dot Lows Camp at CCM dot com.
Speaker 6: Fifty five KRC and.
Speaker 1: Now another insurance story, Ay forty two here for five KCD talk station, must be time for a plague update. You mean that's the plag update theme song? And why not the You know when you shop at Kroger, right, and you got two different meats to choose from. You got the Kroger meat and you got the premium boars Head meat. Right, It's always more expensive per pound. You got their own separate cases and their own separate line of products, and they've got their own set of problems. A plague update New York Times or a New York Post reporting alf Inspector has discovered dozens of disturbing violations, including the presence of bugs, pools of blood on the floor, and growing mold on equipment inside the bores Head plant that was recently linked to a deadly Listeria outbreak. Deli meats produced by the Boardhead facility in Jarrett, Virginia, recalled last month after, officials identified it as the source of this listeria outbreak, leading to fifty seven hospitalizations and at least nine deaths. According to the CDC, New York saw the most cases, with seventeen people sick from the contaminated Deli meat, two dead in South Carolina, one death each in New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, and New Mexico. They recall more than seven million pounds of ready to eat meat and poultry products across eighteen states. BORESAID Spokesmerson in a statement, we deeply regret the impact this recalls head and affected families. No words can fully express our sympathies and sincere and deep hurt we feel for those who have suffered losses or endured illness. Nothing like the deep hurt they're going to be feeling after a plain of lawyer files suit for them for wrongful death. Just Saying says. Customers and businesses should check that they do not have any of the recalled product in the fringes of the stores and thoroughly clean any services that were touched by the meat. In addition to the bacterial contamination, the Jarrett plant receives sixty nine records of non compliance issued by inspectors over the past year alone, According to the USDA records at CBS News got a hold of Freedom of Information Act request, Food and Safety and Inspection surface records reveal what they are describing as troubling conditions. One inspector noted, in his words, a rancid smell in the raw receiving cooler with quote ample amounts of blood in puddles on the floor close quote that close quote That was a February twenty first visit. A quote black mold like substance close quote seen throughout another holding cooler that was January ninth, and lend alongside four steel vats with one to two inches of meat. June first inspection noted seeing mold in different places during six visits in total. June tenth, and inspectors spotted approximately fifteen to twenty flies going in and out of four vats of pickle left in the room. The report noted small flying gnatlike insects that are crawling on the walls and flying around the room the walls. Walls of the walls had heavy meat build up, pink slash orange discoloration and denature and overspray on them. Operations at that plan have been suspended since the July recall. Bores had working with food safety inspectors to find out the source of the outbreak and the conditions that led to it, which sounds to me basically just not keeping the place clean. For their part, the company spokesperson said, food safety is are absolute priority, as is the health of well being of our consumers. I'll let you draw your own conclusions on that premium priced product eight forty six fifty five care see de talk station. Just in time we can continue it. The World Health Organizacy is worried for your health. What a see here cover? Since he John Roman and the team, you can work with any of the team members. I talk to John. I do a Sunday show with John about what he does every single day, which is get people better medical insurance coverage for less money. And since I always mentioned John, and John's the guy I talked to, since he's the principal it covers. Since he everybody just wants to deal with me. He said, I got a whole team over here. I gotta hand them off to other people. His whole team is great. They're all extraordinarily knowledgeable about the couple of one hundred insurance companies that they work with and the thousands of policies that they have access to. But they are your broker. That means they have an obligation to you. And what an obligation is they fulfill They find you better medical coverage, even dollar one coverage for less money, saving couples under sixty five five hundred to one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. Mary who emailed me the other day, got a full physical, had a shoulder problem, got a shot and a Courtizon shot and an X ray, and then a couple a week so later it got a check for ninety dollars. That's after they were fully paid off from the insurance company. They was left over money the way this policy works, and that money went right to her, the same thing that my son got a check for like two hundred dollars one month after you saw he got a physical. So yeah, that's possible. You could get money by having medical insurance. Let John on the team explain that to you. I'm sure there's a better path for you. There's no obligation to reach out and talk to them, call them up at five one three eight hundred call five one three eight hundred two two five five or get the process started again. No obligation, just see if they can do. Provide you with a better path online cover Sincy with y or I Coversincy dot.
Speaker 6: Com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: One more time for the weather and one more reminder that it's going to be a hot day to day ninety six north of one hundred with the heat index isolated, chances of storms every night. Lowes seventy two with scattered storms, san rain tomorrow, cloud and sun mixed with chance of showers. Is stormed eighty four for the high sixty nine overnight with a few showers and on fireworks Sunday, mostly sunny though a chance of showers. It'll be clear at night. They're saying predicting eighty seven for the high. It's seventy eight right now. Time for file traffic.
Speaker 10: From the UCL Traffic Center at the ucing Gardner Neuroscience Institute. You can access the leading brain, spine and nerve experts right here in Cincinnati. Southbound seventy five continues to be the lone slow spot and that's through lock on. Good for an extra three to four minutes northbound seventy five and northbound fourth seventy one. I'm seeing no delays approaching the bridges. There's a wreck in Lebanon on Main Street at Neil Armstrong Way. Chuck ingramon fifty five krc the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight fifty one fifty five KRCD talk station Perfect Songs. We head into a three day week, fun filled weekend.
Speaker 6: What a world?
Speaker 1: What afford it is? In completion of the plague update, I could just briefly mind you that I remind you that the next lockdown is probably coming. We have Eastern equine encephalitis virus. Some folks in Massachusetts have been told to limit their time outdoors m social distancing anyhow, Equine encephalitis also been found in horses in New York as well as Vermont and Hampshire. So there's that West Nile virus, another outbreak of that. In addition to the equine encephalitis West Nile virus. New York City is preparing to spray pesticides to help prevent the spread of mosquitoes. How much environmental damages is going to do when you spray the entire New York City for mosquitoes don't know. And finally, you know what's next. World health organization issuing all kinds of warnings about monkey pocks, and there's a new monkey po strain that is mutating faster than they anticipated. So and children are getting monkey poks too. Draw your own conclusions on that rather frightening development. But in any event, there's the balance of your plague update. So I always try to keep you on your toes. They are tech Frida, A Dave Hatter, a man who does keep us on our toes in all about the right things. Stay off Timu. That's the bottom line for one of the topics. Mayor Hatter getting some props for moving Kentucky in a more CyberSecure direction, taking its taking his cues from Ohio high praise for what we've done in Ohio, and he's trying to adopt that model in Kentucky. And excuse me, you can use your help. Listen to the podcast and find out how that's going to work. And finally, Google threatening influences unless those influencers recommend Google's phone brand. Sounded like extortion to me. Don Toldsman on All Things German a great discussion about the Octoberfest that's coming up this weekend and some of the upcoming Octoberfest, Plus we talked about the history of Octoberfest, and then there's the Warbirds information at fifty five care Sea dot com. I and Joe will both be out on Monday celebrating Labor Day. Gary Jeff Walker will be covering for me on Monday, and then, sadly, I have to do without Joe Streker executive producer for the entire week next week. So wish Joe Streker safe travels as he goes on. Believe his first vacation in like twenty years, a whole week offer Joe's Treker. It's unheard of. It's a historic week and I'll be struggling, so I'll be looking forward to hearing from you as well. Remember podcast page fifty five care Sea dot com. Get your Octoberfest information here, Dave had Er check out your crime stop Er Bad Guy the Week and the other broadcasts throughout the week, including the information about the Bourbon Baron Bash which is going on next weekend. I hope you have a wonderful three day weekend. I hope you have a safe three day weekend. Maybe I'll run into you at the fireworks or maybe the war birds event. Regardless, put a smile on your face, try to enjoy it. Why you can and enjoy the moment, why you can have a great day, and stick around because Glenn Beck's coming right up.
Speaker 3: Your campaign pitstop on the road to November.
Speaker 6: It's a circus.
Speaker 8: There's always something new happening. Fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is spawned