Speaker 1: Good morning, big brother Fancy. It is Saturday, August fifteenth, and I did not talk to you yesterday. What I am going to do today is give you a quick update to get everything to you, and those of you that want to stay around for a longer update, hang on and we'll get into it deep because of course, as I said Thursday, I was going to Chicago, and I did, so we're gonna talk about that. We'll talk about all the little things that went on that aren't relevant to who's where in the house at the moment after I tell you the basic update. So basic update. As I think I mentioned to you, there was a house flip of sorts in the potential voting on Thursday, and so going into it, we were fairly confident that if it was Hailey versus Chuck, that Haley would stay and Chuck would get voted out, which was a reverse of what we were expecting. But then, as it happened, Haley won the Blockbuster, so she didn't have so she wasn't on an option, and it was Barrett versus Chuck, and the house.
Speaker 2: Voted whatever the number to one.
Speaker 1: Haley's the only one that voted to keep Chuck and Chuck was evicted, all right, So that happened.
Speaker 2: You saw that on TV.
Speaker 1: What you then didn't see is the had a household competition which took place later that same night.
Speaker 2: It was a New Year's Eve themed competition.
Speaker 1: We only know that because the clothing they were wearing when they when they came when the feeds came back, and like nineteen ninety nine New Year's Eve right going into two thousand and some others speculated a Y two K theme whatever it was December thirty first, nineteen ninety nine. We knew that because Melody was wearing glasses with the year two thousand on them, So that's why we knew that. So Yosh is the winner of the Head of House So that's a different that's a big, huge move in theory because Yosh has been pushing to go after the icons, the three you know, big characters, Devin's d and Angela, He and I and He and Latrese were kind of the leaders of that meeting.
Speaker 2: Last Sunday where that seemed to be the discussion. So as it turned out, Yosh was good to his words.
Speaker 1: So before I get to that, a couple of other things that happened before nominations. On Friday, Latrise and Haley had a big fight. I'll talk about that more in a second, and then we had the power, right, it was the time capsule for the punishment, and the feeds went down for a long time, like at least thirty thirty five minutes. It seemed like Friday afternoon, and during that time, Melody got her punishment. So she got the vote, but she got a punishment. And she is the Lady of the latrine, which is the lord of the latrine which Derek had on his season of Big Brother where he had to announce everybody going to the bathroom. Right, so she's the lady of the latrine. She's doing the same thing. She only has to do it for twenty four hours, so she'll be done about I think I said about two thirty today Big Brother time, so it won't be long for her.
Speaker 2: It's enough to get a TV get some clips right to show. Okay, whatever I was hoping.
Speaker 1: If it had to be a punishment, as a unitard, they still have one more thing to go, whether it's a power or of punishment, and we're all guessing that it's gonna be another power to even things out. Just because it's been three or three punishments now and only two powers which went to D and Demons, which is making everyone very suspicious of how this all works so well for the icons as we call them, all right, So that happened, and then we got to Yasha's nominations. Now, right after the feeds came back Thursday night, Yosh was saying he was gonna go after the icons, at least at least a couple.
Speaker 2: He also said that no.
Speaker 1: Male was going to see the block, No man was going to see the block. So that take that for what it's worth. It's it's it's in some ways. But there's only five left, I think, And so there's there's part of the reason. It's like, we can't lose any more guys because you know the ratio, we can, we can.
Speaker 2: The guys may not have a chance.
Speaker 1: And that's that's that's the way some people play, and sometimes it's the way you need to play when you get alliances based on gender, and it happens. So Yosh was saying, and he and he's stuck to it. I'm not even gonna mess around.
Speaker 2: He said. He was looking at Angela, Haley and D.
Speaker 1: Now I think at one point he was talking about Melody maybe or people were trying to change him around. But in the end he did nominate Angela, Haley and D and they knew they were going to be nominated. He talked to them beforehand. We thought he might blindside them the way he talked at first, but then he turned around and warned them before the meeting. So those are your nominees. Now, who is the target? It depends on who you ask and who Yosh is talking to. I would say he.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I just know it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: It really doesn't matter, right because because Yosh's doesn't control the vote, Yosh only in theory, yosh only controls who's who, who is on the block if they don't win the Power of Uto or if a power isn't played about that more and the longer part of this podcast.
Speaker 2: But I would say that he's his target.
Speaker 1: Could very well be and and Angela or D. But I could also see him eventually saying no, you know what, I want to get rid of Ashley. So it could go either anyway. It all comes down to power Veto, which is gonna get played today? Later today? Will the power of Veto and that will be a determining factor on a lot of things, like if Devon's uses his power could depend on that because D is the Here's another thing that happened because I was gonna leave it at nominations, but that's true. D also tried to bribe Yosh and Devon. Devon's also talk to Yosh about kinda revealed to Yash and he had a power and he could he could did he know?
Speaker 2: Did he tell yes? He did not tell you, Yash, she had a power.
Speaker 1: He told Yosh that he would volunteer to go up in place of D.
Speaker 2: Knowing that he had the power.
Speaker 1: He knows he had a power, but Yash doesn't, and then of course he would take he would take himself off the Devons wants to play his power before it's it's useless, and it's useless after next week. Next week would be the last time he could use it this week or next week. So a lot has gone on, but that's where things stand as of right now. D Angela and Hayley are nominated. We have the power of each to today and we'll just see what happens.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you guys.
Speaker 1: I'm not leaving by the way, I'm just wrapping this the short part up, so I'll talk to you more about that stuff tomorrow. Now, so you guys just want to quick update. There's your seven minute update. Go on your way. Thank you for listening, but the rest of you thanks for staying. Let's talk about everything else that went on so and including my personal stuff. So I went up to Chicago, and I'm hearing about the updates. By the way, I'm hearing that the das decided to flip the house, and I'm like, oh my gosh, we're gonna have it. You know it's gonna be wild. Excuse me, I get up to Chicago.
Speaker 2: This is like the bar, the old It's old Crow smokehouse.
Speaker 1: It is about a block from the stadium, from from Wrigley Field. I did not go up the stairs. I don't know if they can see the park or not. They don't know how it works. I thought at first they talked about rooftop viewing, but I'm like, they're not on the They're not across the street from the from the stadium.
Speaker 2: They're just they're around the corner.
Speaker 1: So maybe you can see the back of Wrigley from or the you can maybe see a patch of grass if it's.
Speaker 2: High enough of the field. But I wasn't there for that.
Speaker 1: I was there to watch the h to watch the live show, to hang out with some other Big Brother fans, and to meet Ashley.
Speaker 2: And they accomplished all of those things.
Speaker 1: So one of the people that I met when I went to the Traders premiere party that I went to last winter, last February whenever it was, her name is Mayor and she's gone to that. She's gone to the Smokehouse every all but one Thursday night, and.
Speaker 2: Ashley's been is going there every night or every Thursday night. And so she, she and.
Speaker 1: I met along with some of her other some other friends of hers who were all Big Brother fans, a very nice group of people. We had a good time talking and watching the watching the show. Ashley showed up probably like a half an hour before the show started, and I don't know if we talked to her before the show and on I think I think it was a very very brief conversation before the show.
Speaker 2: We talked to her for quite a bit after the show. So we watched the show live.
Speaker 1: I need to watch it again because frankly I couldn't hear anything that was going on. There was so much it's hard to hear stuff like that in a live environment, and so I did not catch a lot of the things, but we knew what was gonna happen. I really was just there to see how a blockbuster went and see the reaction to the vote. Right, these are things that we care about, and so I saw that the crowd reacted all of that stuff, and so.
Speaker 2: We saw.
Speaker 1: The show ended. Again, I'm sitting talking with these folks. All these people are good. We're talking about a couple of them play a lot of live reality games. Some of them played Borges, which is online reality games, and you know, it was just fun. It was fun what a couple of them actually knew. Who might knew the name bb Goslap, which is always fun. One of the guys, I don't know if he serious aout. I always question this. He seemed very impressed, like you knew who I was, But I don't know. I just kind of take that with a grain of salt. It's kind of wild when somebody does that. It's flattering in some ways and the other ways it's like, Okay, they're making fun of me, Are they serious? I don't know so, but he was very nice. We had a good talk. A lot of people were piling up to talk to Ashley, and Ashley was giving everybody lots of time, unlike in New York, where it was, you know, so crowded.
Speaker 2: You walk up.
Speaker 1: And you say hi and nice to meet you, and you get about thirty seconds of a house guest time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on average. Not again.
Speaker 1: When I was in New York, I had long conversations with several house guests over the course of the evening. But Somehou's guests you can only talk to for like thirty seconds and get a picture. Ashley was giving lots of time with everybody, which meant we stood around for a while to wait to talk to her. But whence we did talk to us, actually there's a whole group of kind of stood in circle and talked.
Speaker 2: To her about Big Brother.
Speaker 1: I am hesitant to talk about the things that we talked about, only because I don't want to put words in Ashley's mouth and say Ashley said this when I don't know what I don't want to misquote her. I will say this, and I think she'd be fine if I said this.
Speaker 2: She did talk about the being on the show.
Speaker 1: And the first of all, she is she did apply, and I think I remember that, but you know, she applied for the show.
Speaker 2: She was not a recruit, and she was just like, you guys know how many recruits there are. There's hardly any real fans in the house. It's like.
Speaker 1: Having Ashley tell us that. It's like, okay, Ashley, but she's like, yeah, I applied, you know, And I think I knew that.
Speaker 2: But she's quite into the show.
Speaker 1: She's watching it, and she she talked about the Roman Lyric romance and I will just say that her she slept in the pod directly under them, so she was not happy with some of the shenanigans that were going on.
Speaker 2: To the pod directly above her while she was there.
Speaker 1: Not happy, not in a mean way, but in oh my gosh, guys, you know kind of a thing. She also talked about the first ho H competition, and she said when the dinosaur came out, they didn't know what was gonna happen. It was totally unexpected, and it chased Rachel around it went. She made it sound like it went just like it was on the show. And she ran up to the top of the volcano and she said she it was Rachel that fell into the volcano, so she did her own stunts that sounded like, and, uh, this is the one part that I was I'm sorry for the cough. This is the one part I wasn't Jermy's gonna do. But you know what, I'm gonna throw it out there. But understand, this is me retelling, So if I don't get it exactly right, please don't hold it against Ashley.
Speaker 2: But she said that.
Speaker 1: After Rachel fell into the volcano that Angela was kind of celebrating and happy that Rachel was gone, like Angela. I don't know, I'm interpreting this, so it may not be exactly, but it was almost like it sounded to me like she was saying, Angela was happy not to have another big brother person in the house, so.
Speaker 2: She was very happy to see her going.
Speaker 1: But she's celebrating this, and and Rachel's still laying in the volcano just nearby, so we didn't see that. I assume that it's accurate. I don't think Ashley was just telling the story for our ears. But if if Ashley ever says no, that didn't happen, well, then she was telling a story for our ears and it was amusing and hilarious, and if it's true, it's amusing and hilarious.
Speaker 2: So she told us lots of other.
Speaker 1: Little tidbits and pieces, and and it's always funny when a non I mean, she is a hardcore fan, right, and so it's there is a human to the fact because we did say, someone said, when was the first time you ever watched Big Brother?
Speaker 2: And she's like, I can't remember. I just remember as a.
Speaker 1: Little kid running in and think it was cool as my parents were watching it, you know, kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: And so she was, you know, she's not super hardcore fan, but but she was aware of the show and everything.
Speaker 1: But it's kind of funny when someone like that starts telling us how the game's played in almost like.
Speaker 2: A surprise way, like did you guys know this? And we're all kind.
Speaker 1: Of like, yeah, we knew that, not in a mean way, but just just fun. So again, Ashley was great. I may go back up to Chicago again for another for another watch, because I think there's gonna be people there every time. If you are in the Chicago Land area, you should check it out. Now.
Speaker 2: If you're in the Chicagoland area, you probably know how it works.
Speaker 1: But I will give one other little note, and this is I realized this is very specific, but I'm I'm a two hour drive from from what I was a two hour drive to get there, a little bit longer to get there.
Speaker 2: It was about a two hour drive to get home.
Speaker 1: Coming in at four flash five o'clock on a weekday means you're just in for just crazy traffic. The good thing is, though I got there, I part at like five fifty PM.
Speaker 2: Was it five fifty I think it was five ff.
Speaker 1: I think it was right before six, So I got there about two hours before the show. And parking is free on the side streets in that area after six, so it didn't cost me anything to park. It actually cost me like thirty cents because they parked a couple of minutes early. But you know, there's a bonus. I was expecting to have to pay like twenty dollars or ten or fifteen dollars apart for the for the show, so I didn't have to do that.
Speaker 2: So it's a good time. You should check it out if you can.
Speaker 1: It is always fun to meet these house guests, and Ashley is like all the other ones they met very friendly, very outgoing and just yeah.
Speaker 2: It's cool.
Speaker 1: So there was that. So back to the actual show, so that was Thursday night. I have still not watched Thursday night rewatched it, so I can't talk about little bits and pieces, and part of me wants to because there was something that Chuck said that some of the people can hear and got a big reaction and I haven't gone back to figure it out when he was talking to Julie. But what did happen on the on the actual house was Friday morning.
Speaker 2: Kicked off. I was up early.
Speaker 1: I was up early as the house guests got up, and the first thing I.
Speaker 2: See is.
Speaker 1: La, La and Haley talking and I could tell it. I didn't have I didn't have to feed the volume up, but I could tell it. It was like, wait, maite, something's going on. And I switched over and they are fighting, fighting in a you know, talking I want to say, aggressively, but kind of arguing, right, not yelling, but just having a loud disagreement. And the whole gist of it was, from what I can tell, is that LaTrece was mad, well I think Latrese was still mad that Haley was not gone. And I guess the night before, LaTrece had been kind of saying things under her breath.
Speaker 2: She had this big fan. I don't know if she had it out on the show or not, but.
Speaker 1: She apparently was waving her fan around and saying things all kinds of things that were that Haley felt were directed towards her, and based on how she was treated the entire previous week and had been you know, nominated by Latrese, she was not happy with Latrice. Now understand, this hole started because Latrice went up to Haley Friday morning and was apologizing for some of the ways that some of the things had gone on the week before, and Hailey's attitude right then and there was it's too late. Everybody else has come up and apologize for you, so you know, it's kind of too late for this now. Now it's you know, now you're coming to me. But he didn't, you know, apologize to me before.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there.
Speaker 1: Was nothing that Latrice could say that was gonna make Haley happy because LaTrece did say I'm sorry, and Hayley's just like, yeah, apology not accepted.
Speaker 2: You.
Speaker 1: You bullied me, you were mean to me. Everybody else agrees that you were mean to me, to which not everybody necessarily said that.
Speaker 2: Some people say, well, I can see how she could feel that way. You know, it was it was. It was quite.
Speaker 1: Awkward, and from a TV viewing perspective of a live reality show, it was entertaining.
Speaker 2: You know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: The drama is always fun to watch. But yeah, the word bully was thrown around quite a bit.
Speaker 2: And uh, this went on.
Speaker 1: For about half an hour. I did go back and post the entire incident between Haley and Latrese as well as then Angela talking to Latree said, Angela talking to Haley the gist and and this is Dingo aka hamster Watch. She also part of her take on it, and it's probably accurate. Was the underlying underclone of this. Undercurrent of this also was Hailey and Latrice both mad that Angelo is being nice to both of them right the other. So Angela is being nice and talkative to Haley and Angelo's being nice and talkative to LaTrece, and neither of them appreciated that treatment of the other and was mad, and so Angela kind of got dragged into the middle of it, like, well, what do you think, Angela? And she was expected to, you know, pick aside in such a way, and it kind of bothered her, upset her, and so she was mad, right, So it was it was quite the quite the morning in the house and then and then that moved on to.
Speaker 2: Just a general uncomfortableness. De and and.
Speaker 1: They and Yash having his house meetings, and he was at first really talking like he wasn't gonna He's like, you know, well, D's like, where you're gonna let you?
Speaker 2: I appreciate you letting me know if if you're gonna, you know, nominate me.
Speaker 1: And he's like yeah, And people thought, oh, he's not gonna tell her, but he did. And of course he told Devons what he was gonna do because he's in he's in an alliance with Devons. He's in the He's well, he's also in the wolf Pack alliance with d so you know, but he's in he's in the the I can't think all the different names he's in an alliance specifically with with h is it Drew and Camu and Devon? I can't remember who all is in and it frankly doesn't matter at this point.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Uh, but but uh, Devon's or sorry so didn't.
Speaker 2: So Yash told Devons.
Speaker 1: Devon's told D that she looked like she's gonna go up, So D already kind of knew it, and he eventually did tell her she was gonna go up. And when he and we knew this was gonna happen, because she said it was going to and we were waiting for it, calmly waiting for it to happen, de did go up and she did reveal her bride power. Now, remember she's revealed it to Devon's, She's revealed it to Kamu, and he revealed it to she revealed it to.
Speaker 2: She revealed it.
Speaker 1: To Yash and said, you know I have a power, and you know I'm offering you five thousand dollars to not put me on the block. Now, she initially said she was gonna offer in five thousand dollars and naming who she wanted in to put on and everything. I don't know if she did that, we don't know for sure. But she did offer in the five thousand dollars bribe, and guess what, he turned it down, which is what I thought would happen, So he ain't taken five thousand dollars now some people said that yosh Is has enough money personally that that's not enough to sway his opinion. That's not life changing money for him. So he was to take it. I didn't think it was worth it. It's not worth five thousand dollars to change it. Plus, now d Is revealed that she got a power, which she lied about. She never said she had it. So you know, if you were Yashi like, well, you weren't close enough to tell me you had a power until you needed me not to use, not to do something. So he didn't say anything. I'm just saying that's that's what my thought process would be. So now Yosh knows that she had a power. Yosh in turn told Devons that she has a power.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I said, after she did this, thought now, this is going to show us who Yash is close to, because Yosh is going to reveal people that he trusts about what d did.
Speaker 2: D had a power.
Speaker 1: So if Yash has revealed it to Devon's I don't know if Yosh revealed it to anybody else. I don't know if Drew or Barrett have gotten word. And I would be interested to see if Barrett gets word. How he takes that information. But at this point I don't know how close Yash feels to Baron because Bart is actually a potential renown for Yosh if if if somebody uses the power of Veto on Monday.
Speaker 2: So I'm not.
Speaker 1: Sure what's gonna happen there. But let's get onto the other stuff. So we know now that Di has tried to bribe Yosh, Yosha said no. The other thing, we then find out Devn's has said he said this a few a couple of three days ago. I am going to use my power. Remember he has the diamond power of Vito. I am going to use my power and not just let it expire, even if it's bad.
Speaker 2: For my game. I'm going to do it.
Speaker 1: So this is the point where Devons is like, well, maybe, and he says this to Kamu. First, he says, maybe I'll talk to Yash before nominations and I will suggest to him that he put me up against to make it easier for him and not alienate people like D, that he put me up instead of D because they're in the wolfpack together. And then but he also put me up against like Melody and Angela.
Speaker 2: I think in Angela's people, that he knows he can be in the Power of Echo competition.
Speaker 1: This is all his play because then he would actually end up using his Diamond power of veto. Now I guess he said. I didn't see this part, but I'm trusting the other online sources that he said he would give Yash a heads up that hey, you know, I do have this power and I'm going to play it. But you know we're going to put up people and we're gonna get rid of I think Hailey, maybe Haley or Angela.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure which way he was gonna go. I can't even remember. But because so so that's, you know, the way to get him to use the power and to keep D.
Speaker 1: Off the block, all of those things. D and Barrett both he knel Barrett he had it. No, he told Barrett he was thinking volunteering. Barrett doesn't know we have the power, Dan, Barrett, D and Devons talked later and D said, don't do it.
Speaker 2: You know we can, we can. Unless you know we can, we can make this work. You don't need to. Don't go to.
Speaker 1: Yash and make the offer, not don't use the power, don't go to Yoshi, make the offer, But Devons did go to yash.
Speaker 2: And and and tell him he wanted to volunteer, not that he had a power.
Speaker 1: He told him you wanted to volunteer, and and Yash is like, now, we're not gonna do that yet, YadA and and kind of backed it back out of it. Devon's tried several times yesterday to keep D safe, and I think Yosh noticed it. Yash just knows that there's a relationship between D and Devons that they aren't revealing.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 1: I do believe that Yasha's serious target is D. I don't think D will be on the block come Thursday. I do think Devons will use his Diamond power Vito unless D wins the power of Veto today. On that note, D cam talked and said last night and said, I'm not going to gun.
Speaker 2: For the power of Vito unless Haley has a shot to win it.
Speaker 1: If Haley doesn't have a shot to win it, I am going to Now that's great, right, They don't we don't know what the competition's gonna be. If it's a time thing, they won't have any way of knowing what the other person's doing. So she's gonna have to try her best, and I think in the end she will try her best.
Speaker 2: Because.
Speaker 1: I just think the natural instincts will come out unless it's a face to face cup. If it's a face to face competition and she knows Haley's out of it, I can see her throwing it knowing that Devon could use his power. But I don't know if it's going to be a face to face competition, right. So that's where things kind of stean. I think I covered most of it.
Speaker 2: A lot, a lot happened, but it's been a good, good forty eight hours.
Speaker 1: Again, sorry I didn't do a podcast yesterday. I just kept looking and thinking, oh, I'll do it after this, I'll do it after this. I was like, oh, now it's so late, I might as well just do it tomorrow. So that's what's up. It's been a good forty eight hours. I am off to play in a golf thing, scramble golf thing, and I will.
Speaker 2: Let you guys know. And I may have done this. I mean I don't know if I did it the same time of year a few years ago.
Speaker 1: I've never played golf other than i've hit a golf ball once. I will not be able to say that anymore after today. Probably doesn't. The weather I was just driving up until five minutes ago. I've been driving in rain this whole time. I still have about forty five minutes to go when I'm driving out away from the weather.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: But other than putt putt, I've never I've never hit a golf ball but once, and I wasn't happy with my hit. I sliced it terribly, and after that I was like, yeah, I don't need to do this, so I won't be able to say that anymore. I feel bad for my partner, but he's a college friend and he knows that I haven't played golf, and he still wants me to come.
Speaker 2: So we'll see.
Speaker 1: We'll let you know how it goes, maybe tomorrow or maybe tonight when I'm driving home.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 1: All right, that's what I got. I hope you have a good Saturday. I will let you know tomorrow how things shape up, and we'll see if d wins the power of ETO or what. That's what I got. All right, talk to you guys later. Thank you all for your support. As always, thank you to my patrons. I need to give my patrons another shout at I am due, so maybe we'll do that in the very near future.
Speaker 2: Talk to you guys later, we will. Bye bye.