Speaker 1: There is no tomorrow, and the Dodgers well understand that as they get ready for Game four the NLDS. And we're joined right now by Dodgers first base coach Clayton McCulloch. Clayton, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it. Of course, David, I had to hold off all the Japanese media. You are a superstar in Japan these days.
Speaker 2: That's what I've heard. It become very very popular over there.
Speaker 1: I guess, huh, have you been surprised by how much attention Otani's success has bled to the Japanese media wanting to know every little thing about what's going on at first base.
Speaker 2: I think it was like expected it would be certainly like more media attention this year with show hey here and uh, you know, I one, I feel like I'm getting way too much credit, if any, for the type of success he's had this year. He's been phenomenal. But yeah, it's been, you know, a lot of attention. And I think a little bit more as the season went along and he kept piling up, you know, numbers, at the rate he was he was putting them together.
Speaker 1: It feels like he wants to put the Dodgers on his back, and this seems to be the type of game that has Otani written all over it.
Speaker 2: I agree, I think he has. He's you know, every moment this season it feels like where something been on the line for you know him or us. He's done something remarkable and he's looked hit. To me, he's looked calm in the box, he's looked great. H So you know what fully expects show hey tonight to do something you know that only probably you know show he can do.
Speaker 1: He can't do it alone. You understand that better than anybody. What do the Dodgers need to do to force a game five tonight?
Speaker 2: They would just have to keep fighting along like we did. It was I mean, losing last night was tough. I mean Game three, you know, kind of a swing game. But for us to get down early on the road and that type of deficit, but to like claw back, you know, someone immediately and and punch, get some guys on base, and then Tao, as he's done many times this year, come up with a huge hit and really make it a ballgame with still a lot of time left. I think showed a lot of you know, kind of what this team is made of and a lot of fight, and you know, unfortunately we just weren't able to really get anything else going much after that. But fully expect the group tonight to you know, as they have they know what's at stake, coming here ready to throw some punches and and give it a fight. All nine.
Speaker 1: You're in the trenches for Dave Roberts and you know better than anybody the pulse of this team. Do you feel like what you saw tonight is encouraging for what this team may do?
Speaker 2: I certainly I think it is encourage I mean every year is different, but you know, with as much as written and talked about from the last few seasons, you know again for us to you know, get a little get a lead yesterday, to be down on the road again and and come back and you know, make it a game there, you know, still early on with a lot left. I think just you could just sense the guys in here, like the you know, the fight again, the grit, the character, like the level of excitement was still there, Like the energy was there even after that rough second inning and show we got back into it, and I think tonight it'll be the same, will come out knowing what's at stake again. I mean, every one of these games should and is kind of like, you know, do or die. This one just you know, is like, we don't get it done tonight, it's over, so fully expect our guys to, you know, come out swinging and ready to put up a fight.
Speaker 1: Dodger's first base coach, Clayton McCullough is our guest, and he's so much more than just a first base coach. When you look at this lineup tonight, Keith k Hernandez, I'm sure you've heard maybe some screams or yells on this bench. He has wanted an opportunity to get into this series. Uh what is it about certain players that really shine and embrace and want these type of games.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's like one, you know, it's the ability to kind of tune out all the outside noise distractions that go along with this. And you know, KEYK has proven time, you know, him taking time and time in the postseason that he uh, you know, has the ability to even you know, raise his level of concentration, his level of folks zero in and the moment's never too big for him. There's no there's no fear of you know, not getting it done. I think he goes up there and he's ultra prepared. I think that's part about two. This guy is, you know, super prepared for what's going to come his way. And relish is the opportunity to go when and compete when the stakes are their highest.
Speaker 1: That's so great to hear because I feel like the perception of Kyk is he's just this wild, crazy guy that just shows up there and doesn't really have the preparation behind it.
Speaker 2: No, not at all. I think I know our guys too. A credit our coaching staff, you know, both in the run prevention side, the offensive side, amount of time they put into this and the preparation you know, individual players, and you know you see Key K and Chris Taylor spending hours, you know, the days leading up to this series, you know, breaking things down and not only just for themselves and for opportunities that might come their way, but I think if they can find any type of nugget that would help the group. Yeah, he just shows like kind of their leadership and you know, their veteran presence. And you know for Kyk for one, like the guy is going to be super prepared because he puts a lot of time into you know, studying video and you know, watching pictures. So when he gets up there, it's you know, hey, they you know, they might get him out, but it's not gonna because he's you know, caught off guard or you know, or not ready for it.
Speaker 1: He's ready, The Dodgers are ready. Clayton McCullough's ready. We'll see you on Friday at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: It's right. We got to get this thing back to La David.
Speaker 1: We're going to no doubt there. He is the man. Clayton McCullough, Dodgers first base coach, one of the key members of Dave Roberts' coaching staff. We'll send it back to you in the studio. Tim