Speaker 1: What's up, everyone, and welcome to another episode of the Epstein Chronicles. In this episode, we're going to pick up where we left off with the Leslie Groff transcript from her interview with Congress, and now we have mister Lynch asking the questions. Okay, ms Groff, thank you for your willingness to be interviewed. You said early in the Republican Hour that your relationship with Jeffrey Epstein you really didn't have a relationship, You wouldn't call it a relationship. And you said in this hour that he basically kept you on the outside and you didn't have a connection with him. I want to refer to a New York Times article on February fifth, two thousand and five, if co Council wants copies of that, I made some mister Wickham is the word brain in there, mister Lynch, Sorry, there are some others here if staff wants them. Mister adapted and sir, if you will hold on, we will enter this as minority Exhibit B. Mister Lynch, this is an New York Times article February fifth, two thousand and five by Lyndon Thomas Junior, and it sounds like they interviewed both of you and Jeffrey Epstein in the article. I'll just go to the bottom paragraph which is highlighted. This is an article, the title of which is working for Top Bosses on Wall Street has its perks. When it comes to discussing Jeffrey Epstein, it says, then there's the case of Jeffrey Epstein, who pays his three executive assistants more than two hundred thousand a year. It goes on to say a finance here who they manage his executive his three women executive team, which manages his hectic life to go globe trotting and hobnobbing with the likes of former President Bill Clinton. It goes on to say, on the next page, he calls them, meaning his you as part of his executive team, a social prostesis. So something attached the limb of who he is, with an intuitive knowledge of his manifold needs and a twenty four hour presence that make them virtually indispensable to his personal and business success, he said. It goes on to say, again referring to you and the other two assistants, they are an extension of my brain. Said mister Ebstein, who rarely talks publicly. Their intuition is something that I don't have. It goes with more some details than it goes on to say. The reporter says, when one of them, Leslie Groff, who was thirty eight, became pregnant last year and talked of leaving, he bought her a Mercedes Benz E three twenty to make her commuting easier and agreed to pay for a full time nanny so that she could keep working for him. And then there's a quote here by mister Epstein. There's no way I could lose Leslie in a motherhood, said mister Ebstein, who is nearly in his who is in his early fifties, and as a bachelor. Going further to just the last page, the last page, the third paragraph from the bottom. I'm sorry, let's go to the last two lines here, the last two paragraphs. Miss Groff said that she thought both she and miss Lee, one of them the other two executive assistants, were worth the price.
Speaker 2: Here's the quote.
Speaker 1: This is from you. It comes down to the bond, said miss Groff, a graduate of the University of Texas, who's been with mister Epstein four or four years. A further quote by you. I know what he's thinking, and I know when I need to be fast. It's a nice role that we're on. Now, that's what the reporter said that you said. Have you ever requested or adaction or recanted any of this that was printed in the New York Times? Mis Groff, No, Lynch, you haven't disputed that Graff. No, Lynch. It makes it hard to believe that there's no connection when he's talking about you as part of him and a prosthesis, and you know, part of his operation. And how long did you work for mister Epstein beginning to end Groff February of two thousand and one to July of twenty nineteen. Mister Lynch, So eighteen years? Is that correct, miss Groff, Yes, question by mister Lynch. Yeah. It's hard to believe that somebody who worked with somebody for eighteen years and then they say that they don't have a relationship, especially when we have earlier statements. Let me also ask, now, when you went to work for mister Epstein, he was a registered sex offender, isn't that correct?
Speaker 2: Mis Groff?
Speaker 1: That was after I started working for him that he became a registered sex offender. Mister Lynch. Yeah, stuff going on, and then he was his conviction became final. He did what thirteen months in prison? No, thirteen months in the stockade? You mean.
Speaker 2: Groff, correct, Lynch, And.
Speaker 1: You were responsible at making sure that he lived up to his restrictions as a sex offender.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: He had reporting, travel requirements, he had no contact requirements. So actually you sort of made sure that he was compliant with his status as a registered sex offender, Miss Groff. No, I did not. I was not the one in charge of making sure. I did remind him that he needed to register when it was that time of year, that as part of his directive to remind him. But I had nothing to do with she gets cut off by mister Lynch. It says here that you dealt with several tasks related to his status as sex offender. Those included sending reminders to update his registration status and photograph, and attempting to get him a Russian visa despite his status as an offender.
Speaker 2: Miss Groff.
Speaker 1: All I did was remind him that it was time for him to get Mister Lynch cuts her off. But your earlier statement that now mister Whitcomb jumps in, Sir can Will you just let her finish her response, please. She has tried a couple of times to respond to your question and she hasn't been able to finish it. Mister Lynch, Okay, have had it all right, mims Groff. All I did was remind them on a schedule that he was supposed to go and register if he was in pom Beach. I think that was the standard, and I was directed by him to include that on his schedule. I did not make any appointments for him to go register. He did that on his own if you went to pom Beach. I believe it was once a year, and I was told to remind him three months ahead of the time, two months ahead of time, and then after that every other week or something like that. It was, But that was all I ever did, mister Lynch. You realize, however, that having knowledge of that certainly is not consistent with your earlier statement that there was a vague awareness on your part about what mister Epstein was charged with and what his status was and what he was guilty of at the same time that you were scheduling massages for young women with a registered sex offender. And yet you maintain that you didn't see anything improper in that, and you've said that multiple times, sending young women to give a massage to a registered sex offender, and you yet you tell the committee and you tell others that you saw nothing improper with that. I just find it it just hurts your credibility, mister Backner. With all due respect, the record speaks for what she said. I don't believe that's an accurate characterization of what she said. But go ahead, mister Lynch. Okay, mister Wickham. And it's also please just bear hear me out. She's here as a witness. She's not an attorney like me and you, sir. She's not familiar with all the legal jargon and the legal leads regarding a guilty plea, So that should respectfully be born in mind. Mister Lynch. Well, I appreciate that. But she is a witness, mister witcom sure, mister Lynch, And she's at the hub of this, at the very hub of this. She has contact with all the people, all the victims, the high powered people. She's at the hub of all of this. She's a very important witness, and we're trying to get to the truth, get at the truth on behalf of these victims who I think we agree, we feel deeply for, and so that's the mission here. I'm over my time and so I have to relinquish it until we do another hour. But thank you, I yield, mister Garcia, just briefly. We're going to continue this questioning in the next hour. But just miss Groff, it's been reported by the Wall Street Journal that mar A Lavo was sending spawn employees, usually young women, to Epstein's Palm Beach home to provide massages. We know that Glenn Maxwell was accused of recruiting and trafficking survivors as well. Do you recall any of this when you were working employed by mister Epstein, Miss Groff, No, mister Garcia, So did you ever schedule any appointments for mar A Lago, or through mar A Lago, for mar A Lago employees to come to Epstein's home and provide any sort of spa services, Miss Groff. Know Garcia, So, as far as your work is considered through the Wall Street Journal, we've seen the Wall Street Journal reporting that there was actually women being brought in from mar A Lago. That's something that you had no interaction with. And never heard about, correct, Miss Groff, That is correct, mister Garcia. Is there anyone that you think would have information about who was actually connecting these women from mar A Lago to mister Epstein? Miss Groff, I don't know, Garcia, so you wouldn't have any Could you maybe think who would be a person or two that would be making these connections? Do you have any idea, Miss Groth? I would think Miss Maxwell was with him in Palm Beach, but I don't know that for sure.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Mister Garcia will have additional questions later misredacted. That's it for now, and we'll go off the record. Back on the record now, and it's miss Tolan asking the questions question. I'm just going to ask a few clarifying questions that focus on what we asked you during our first round. So to begin with, we discuss the physical phone directories with the list and the names, and then you also mentioned that there was an electronic version of that. Is that correct?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: Correct question? And I believe I asked you already, But you don't know the platform or the database that electronic one was stored on the Citrix sound familiar to you? Answer it does now question yes, answer because I heard Sarah say that. Question okay. And do you know does that ring a bell? Is that what it was stored on?
Speaker 2: Answer? I don't. I don't know. Question okay.
Speaker 1: And do you know where the backup information for those directories are stored?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I don't know, question okay. And then in the previous hour you also mentioned, I believe, but who prepared the rooms for the massages at the New York residence. Answer I don't know. I would think a maid would be responsible for cleaning, but I don't know. I wasn't there. Question Do you know who set up the room in order for it to be ready for a massage? Answer no question? And I believe you mentioned individuals who would let the messuses into the property.
Speaker 2: Who did you say that was?
Speaker 1: Answer the people that answered the doors question yes, answer that would be the maid Lynn Fontania or her husband Jojo who was his driver, or possibly.
Speaker 2: It was really those two, but possibly it could be Rich.
Speaker 1: Barnett or I think also Buzz somebody in like New York apartment type of thing. Question and so those individuals would have to let the messuses into the property? Answer correct. Question did you on any occasion ever let any of them in answer, no question. Did you ever buzz any of them in like you just mentioned, answer, I don't know how to do that question. Did you ever have discussions with any of these individuals about the women they were seeing coming in and out of the property? Answer no question. And then I believe you briefly covered this as well. But did you ever pay money or cash to any of the messuse's Answer? I never directly paid anyone. It's possible that mister Epstein may have directed me to ask or adacted in the accounting department to put two hundred in an envelope to have picked up and messengered over to someone who had done some sort of job for mister Epstein, and that was either picked up by the messenger or Jojo. Mister Timmins, did you ever see a black bag of cash?
Speaker 2: Groff?
Speaker 1: A black bag, Timmins, a black bag that had cash in it Graff? No, Timmins, you never saw that Groff, no question. And the messenger did you know who the messenger was or was it he gets cut off by growth? It was a messenger service. I don't recall who the messenger service was. That was a long time ago. Question was the same messenger service always used? Answer? Probably, I mean there might have been a couple. I don't recall. Question did you ever meet anyone with the messengers? Answer no question. Did you ever have a conversation with any of them? Answer no question? And why was the cash given to these messuses?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I just figured that's the way people get paid. Question And I guess more clarification, why cash as opposed to checks or any other form of payment? Answer? I don't know. All right, folks, we're gonna wrap up right here, and then the next episode dealing with the topic, we're gonna pick up where we left off. All the information that goes with this episode can be found in the description box. What's up, everyone, and welcome to another episode of the Epstein Chronicles. In this episode, we're going to pick up where we left off with a Leslie Groff interview with Congress. Question and was Glenn Maxwell ever present in the room when mister Epstein was receiving a massage?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Question did miss Maxwell ever instruct any woman or a girl on how to give mister Epstein a massage? Answer? I don't know. Question was anyone else ever present in the room when mister Epstein was receiving a massage. Answer, I don't know. Question, as you testified to earlier. You began working for mister Epstein in two thousand and one. In two thousand and eight, he pleaded guilty to two felony accounts of soliciting and procuring a minor for prostitution. We'll get into the details of the investigation much more later, but the investigation into him began in two thousand and five while you were still working for mister Epstein. When did you first learn about the investigation?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I believe it was two thousand and seven. Question and how did you learn? Answer because the FBI came to my door in Connecticut and handed to serve me a subpoena. Question and did you speak with them? Did you give testimony to them? Then? Answer? I let them into my house and sat them on my sofa and they started asking some questions, and yeah, that was it. That was how I found out. Question what questions did they ask? Answer? It was so long ago. I think they just asked if you know, they said that they were here. They were very friendly. They just said, you know, we're here because we understand you work for mister Epstein as a secretary, and we just want to talk to you. I really don't remember what they said. I think my head was probably spinning. I had no idea, Miss Brygnac. Question who did you speak to?
Speaker 2: Next?
Speaker 1: Answer my son who was with me because he had just gotten up from a nap. He was about two and a half to three years old. And I really didn't know what to do. So I went upstairs and I called Darren Endyke, who is the in house counsel, just to say that people are here. I don't, you know, I don't know what to do. And he just said you should not speak to them without an attorney. And I've watched enough TV. Okay, So I went downstairs and I said, I don't think I should be speaking to you without an attorney president, And they didn't really like that, and then they left. Question did you in fact retain an attorney? Answer? I did not retain an attorney myself. Mister Epstein got me an attorney and I went and spoke to him.
Speaker 2: Once.
Speaker 1: Question when you spoke to mister Indicke, did he seem privy to the investigation? Answer? No question, it was news to him. Answer, it sounded like it was news to him. Yeah, Miss Tolin. Did anyone ever instruct you besides without having an attorney, but did anyone generally instruct you not to talk to the FBI?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Question?
Speaker 1: And at what point did the massages stop occurring for mister Epstein? Answer when he went to jail? Question in July of two thousand and six. Answer, No, he went to jail. When did he go to jail two thousand and nine, two thousand and eight, Yeah, Brignac. Did the massages stop occurring at that time? Miss Groff?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Question did they resume at any point after he was released from jail? Miss Groff? No, Mister Emmer, what was your understanding of why the massages stopped at that point? Miss Groff, you never said there was no reason. They just stopped. Mister Timmins when he was on work release. Did he not get massages when he was out of jail temporarily, Miss Groff? No, Brignac, I'm sorry, Miss Groff, you said they never resumed, Miss Groff, They did not resume after he got back or when he came got out of jail. Miss Brignac, you never booked a massage for mister Epstein once he was released from prison, Miss Groff, It's possible that there was a massage had a spawn pomp Beach don Wick that we discussed earlier. They had a medical chiropractic care spa, and I think that might have been one time. I think he bought like a package of ten for a nutritionist. They were nutritionists in chiropractic care, and don was also a registered massuse mister Timmins. So in twenty thirteen when you moved into the residence and your office was there, he never had you book a massage for him until he died in twenty nineteen, Miss Groff, that's correct, Miss Brignac. But he continued to receive massages correct? Did someone else book them, Miss Groff, Not that I know of. I don't know that massages were being booked or made. Brignac. Why would the massages need to cease if that was a regular part of his day and he said, in fact he was not guilty, Ms Graff, I don't know. He also stopped drinking tea. Miss Witcombe, you answered the question, Ms Graff, Yeah, Miss Witcombe, you answered the question. Ms Graff, I don't know. Yeah, Miss Brignac. Did you find it odd that it was a regular part of your practice, the schedule his massages, and then it suddenly stopped, Miss Groff, know, Miss Tolan, And now we're just going to ask a few general questions about your role and get into some more details about it. Did you have to sign a non disclosure agreement upon being hired as mister Epstein's secretary? Answer yes, question what were the details of this agreement? Answer? What I recall is that I was not supposed to discuss any of mister epstein clients with anyone, and if I did so, it would be one hundred thousand dollars fee. Question And you understood this to mean his business clients who he managed money for. Answer correct. Question And how did you know? I know we discussed earlier your knowledge of who clients were, But how did you know who was a client at the time? Answer? I believe that NDA might have specifically said las Wexner and then clients and clients. Question But at the time you would have understood who fell into that category? Answer sure, as clients is wealthy clients? Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Question did you keep a copy of the agreement?
Speaker 1: Answer? I did not. Question did all the employees of mister Epstein have to sign the agreement? Answer? I don't know. Question did mister Epstein himself ask you to sign the agreement?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: No, it was part of onboarding. It was probably redacted, is my bet? Question and you mentioned previously, but can you explain again where you maintained office space while working for him?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: Sure, so from two thousand and one to two thousand and nine it was part of Helmsley Palace, part of the Villard House, and I was located in the rear of the suite, directly back from the reception as desk. There was a door to my office and then my desk sitting. If you looked outside the window you could see Saint Patrick's Cathedral. Answer and where did you move to in two thousand and nine? Answer in two thousand and nine, we moved to three oh one E sixty sixth Street. Answer and how long were you in that office space? Answer? I believe it was two or three years. Question When did you get moved to that office space? Answer? We were told that the premier location at Helmsley Palace was very expensive location, and since mister Epstein wasn't going to be here, anymore what we needed to We were downsizing and needed to find other space. I don't know why it became three oh one E sixty sixth Street. Question did you ever work out of the four fifty seven Madison Avenue building? Answer that was Helmsley Place? Yes, question Okay, did you ever? Timmins jumps in real quick? Can I get back to something? So it's my understanding that Epstein had a massage every day for his entire life, but after he got out of jail, you never booked a massage therapist. Did you book the eight assistants for an hour? And did just say name hour or what he was getting massage? So like, and you were in charge of his schedule, so what was going on? I mean, did you book a redacted ten am for an hour?
Speaker 2: Graf?
Speaker 1: No Timmins, no Graff, no Timmins. Okay, he got a massage for every day of his life. So when after twenty ten, when he got out of jail, when when did that happen? I mean, if you do a schedule, Graf, when did it stop? Timmins? He was getting them. The question is who was giving them to him? If you were not coordinating it? So how did he who was doing it? Mister Wickham jumps in. Was there someone else coordinating? Mister Timmins, Was there like a logical spot in his schedule on a regular basis that used to have a massage that now has something else? A pattern? Backner? Maybe if you ask, I don't know if we ask her if she knew he was getting massages? Timmins okay, Graff, Yeah, Timmins. Was there a pattern in the schedule that would suggest that there was a moment in his day on a regular basis that he was getting a massage since you stopped scheduling them?
Speaker 2: Graff?
Speaker 1: No, Timmins, okay, Sorry, Back to miss Tolan and then just a few more office questions. Did you ever work out of the Palm Beach home?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: No, question did you? And did you mentioned an office space in Manhattan Town home?
Speaker 2: Later on?
Speaker 1: Answer? Later on yes? Question And aside from scheduling massages, can you describe your other roles and responsibilities as mister Epstein's secretary? Answer?
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: I scheduled his business meetings. I schedule a breakfast, lunch, dinner. If he was going to have a party, I might coordinate with that. I coordinated with his staff at all the homes on his island. I coordinated with his pilots. I would sometimes coordinate trips to say a head conference. I would the call list, as I said, was very extensive. He would make calls every day. And yeah, question and also aside from the massages, did you ever spend money or provide cash on behalf of mister Epstein during your time as his secretary to anyone? Answer no question. Did you ever help order or purchase gifts for anyone on behalf of mister Epstein? Answer no question. And I'm just going to answer some more clarifying questions about purchasing gifts, Miss Backner. Could I have one word with her?
Speaker 2: Tolan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they go off the record. Now they're back on ms Graff. Yeah, okay, I was going to say sorry after you asked that, I would say that I definitely coordinated about forty people to receive Apple watches, and you know, I might be asked to buy the gift card for Kathy Ruhmler to a SPA something like that, Miss Tolan. Question what were the Apple watches for? Answer? I think there were Christmas gifts, holiday gifts. That was about There was a list of about forty people, men and women, high profile people on there, and mister Epstein just wanted to give everybody a watch for Christmas. Question do you recall any of the names who received watches? Answer I do. I was one of them. Steve Bannon was one of them. Jojo and Lynn I believe were on there. I don't recall who else. Question what year was that?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I think that was twenty eighteen. Question and did you ever purchase any gifts for any of mister Epstein's assistants? Answer?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Question did you purchase gifts for any other woman associated with mister Epstein?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I know Kathy Rumler got a gift card at Christmas time? I recall getting Leon Black's assistant. I think she got a spot card. Question did you ever purchase lingerie for women associated with mister Epstein? Answer no? Question What about flowers? Answer Kathy Rumler might have received flowers. What about chocolates? Answer not that I recall, Miss Britnak. What was his relationship with Kathy Rumler?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: Business? Yes, they were. From what I could tell, it was a business relationship. Question it seemed like a business relationship after he was sending flowers and SPA appointments.
Speaker 2: Answer.
Speaker 1: I think he thought of her as very professional, and he was very generous, and I think he found her she was very busy and probably enjoyed some flowers on her birthday or a SPA gift card. Question was there any office gossip about their relationship? Answer no? Question did you wear any rumors about their relationship? Answer no? Mister Emmer, what was her job during this period? Answer by Miss Groff. She was an attorney?
Speaker 2: Emmer.
Speaker 1: Do you know gets cut off by Groff. I don't know exactly, but I knew her to be an attorney, Miss Tolan. And you said mister Epstein knew her. Their relationship was strictly business. What kind of business were they engaging in together? Can you elaborate, Miss Groff, I don't know. He did not talk to me about that, Mister Backner. Can I ask her another question? Goes off the record back on Miss Brignac, and you add access to mister Epstein's personal email accounts? Did you see any conversations about Miss Rumler's job position. Ms Groff, I did not have access to his personal email account. I mean I would email them, but I didn't see his emails. Miss Britnak, were U c seed on any emails at reference Roomler's profession? Groff, I don't recall Emmer in relation to Rumler. The Committee's interested in how mister Epstein may have surrounded himself with influential individuals to curry favor. Did you understand Rumler to be an individual that was working at the White House during the period that you had been scheduling their meetings, Ms Groff, I thought you worked at the White House prior to mister Epstein's meeting mister Emmer, Thank you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: We're going to wrap up right here and in the next episode dealing with the topic, we're going to pick up where we left off. All the information that goes with this episode can be found in the description box. What's up, everyone, and welcome to another episode of the Epstein Chronicles. In this episode, we're going to pick up where we left off with the Leslie Groff interview with Congress Miss Tolan. Question a few more questions on gifts. Generally, did you ever facilitate payment for school tuition for any woman or girl associated with Jeffrey Epstein?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I did not facilitate payment. Question did you purchase order or in any way help procure gifts for any of the following individuals Glenne Maxwell answer no, Leon Black answer no. Doug Band answer no. Bill Gates answer no question. And as we have mentioned, part of the committee's investigation is trying to understand how mister Epstein sought to curry favor with prominent individuals. Are there any other prominent individual that mister Epstein would send expensive or frequent gifts to answer in the government question just any prominent individual? Answer there was a time when him and Tommy Mottola used to send each other gifts, but that's all I can remember. Question and you what kind of gifts? Answer? I don't know, maybe a four whiller, I don't remember. I felt like they were just trying to give each other. I'll do one another with a better gift at one time? Question did you have a credit card for work? Answer no. Question did you ever use your personal credit card for making purchases? Answer no, Miss Brignac. Were you reimbursed for purchases Graf No Brignac. Were you expected to cover your own travel and expenses related to your position? Graff If I was I barely traveled? But no? If I did travel that would be reimbursed. Backner, Can I have one more word? Graf ya go off the record now they're back Brignac. In your role, did you ever coordinat, or facilitate trips for foreign women or girls?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I would coordinate airfare for women and men to see mister Ebstein. Question could you walk me through that process?
Speaker 2: Answer? Sure.
Speaker 1: Mister Epstein would direct me to give me a name and ask me to coordinate a flight for someone to wherever it was that they needed to fly from to go visit them. Question why answer he did not tell me that question you never asked? Answer no question. Did you ever identify, recruit, screen, interview, or recommend any foreign women or girls for meetings or employment with mister Epstein or his associates? Answer no. Question did you ever assist anyone else to recruit a foreign woman or girl? Answer no?
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 1: How are these women identified that you did assist in coordinating travel for answer?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Question who provided their names in contact information? Answer mister Epstein. Question who made the final determination on whether a young woman or girl receive visa sponsorship?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Question do you have any role in a visa sponsorship process answer, no, Timmins. Can I back up? She asked you a question if you ever coordinated the introduction of any foreign nationals and you said no, graff the introduction of what was the question? Have you ever participated in visa sponsorship for a foreign woman or a girl? Timmins? Did you ever identify, recruit, screen, or recommend foreign women or girls for employment or meetings with mister Epstein or his associates graf No Timmins. Were you ever involved in the process graf No Timmins. On May first, twenty twelve, you're emailing back and forth regarding of a girl from Ukraine. Darling. Here's a picture of the new girl. She's twenty one, very sweet and lovely. Let me know when you receive them please. I took them from her portfolio. Maybe the quality is not so good, but I think you can still see everything. So you have a person their names are adapted here and I'm not going to use their name, but the person is Eastern Europe that is communicating with you, not with mister Epstein, and providing photos of a girl. And it seems that, I mean, there's a nineteen year old girl and there's a twenty one year old girl. So how do you reconcile the email? I mean, we can get the print out for you. That seems like what you're doing, Graf. No, Timmins, So what was the purpose of the communication, Graf. I don't recall the purpose or what it was. To me. It sounds like this was models or possibly I don't know. Timmins. Okay, I saw it on the document. We'll get it printed, Tolan. And the follow up on that point, I'll now introduce majority exhibit too, Tolan. We'll give it a second to get passed out. But this is a chain of emails between as Groff and a redacted name. These emails are dated April eighteenth, twenty twelve, and the subject line reads first girl redacted. The Bates number is EFTA zero two zero two seven six three eight. Will give you a moment to review, Tolan.
Speaker 2: Question.
Speaker 1: This is an email that was just being referenced. If you read it from the bottom up. The first email states, Hi, Leslie, I'm so sorry in front of Jeffrey for my delay. I'm sending you pictures of to of my friends now. They're both Russians, winky face.
Speaker 2: Here's first.
Speaker 1: Her name is redacted, and it says there's another name listed below, and on the back of the page, page two, there's an entirely redacted image answer okay question and then miss Groff, you respond on the same day with just a winky face. So, just for the record to be clear, are you familiar with this email? Answer? I don't recall it, but I think I said no worries, thanks, and someone else had the winky face question Okay, thank you answer. I don't recall this email. The date seems to suggest that it's possible he was looking for new traveling assistance. Timmins. Sorry, let's be very clear. He was attempting to find people that he was going to sex and human traffic for the next decade. So I mean, yeah, it's an assistant, but that's what he was doing, Miss Buckner. Are you asking if she knew it? Timmins? I just I don't like people using that word assistant. I correct people when they say it because it's not accurate. She's an assistant, mister Witcomb. She's testifying, sir, you're not mister Backner. In all fairness, she's not disputing what Jeffrey Epstein did. If you're asking what she knew back then. She'll gladly answer the question, but she's not disputing that mister Epstein was his person doing what you're claiming she was doing or he was doing, mister Timmins, and that was to find culpability in the process. Bagner understood Timmins. When she's facilitating the flow of information and people, that's why we're here. Bagner understood, well, the issue is whether there was knowledge or not, which she doesn't have. Timmins correct toll In question, so why was this individual sending you images of other women?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Question did you ask for the photos?
Speaker 1: Answer no? Question did mister Epstein ask for the photo? Answer I don't know. Question where you aware that this is this is a nude photo?
Speaker 2: Do you recall?
Speaker 1: Answer no. Brignac, why would he need a photograph in order to recruit an assistant? Graff, I don't know that this was to get a traveling assistant. I said it's possible that it was. He was always wanting to find better and I don't know what it was for. I also know that he was very, very connected to the modeling world. He was in business with Jean lu Brunel as well. As other agencies. Brignak. This is in twenty twelve, after he cut ties with Les Wexner. So I don't think you would have thought this was for a modeling position. What did you mean by your winki face, Miss Groff. That's not my winki face, it's whoever sent the email, Miss Tolan? And do you know how this individual was in the photo? Answer? I do not question? What did you do with this image? After answer I probably forwarded to mister Epstein. Question and did this happen on multiple occasions? How often were you receiving images of women to give to mister Epstein?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: Not often, Miss Toland. I'll now introduce majority exhibit number three. This is another email chain dated May first, twenty twelve, between miss Groff and another adacted email address with the subject line Jeffrey Epstein. Debates number is EFTA zero one eight eight four seven eight nine. I'll give you a momentary you this one as well, Backner, Okay, Tolan, I'll direct your attention to the bottom of the page one, where the email reads, dear Leslie, just wanted to make sure you got the new photo. Let me know please, to which you appear to respond that you have not received any new photos, and the email address, which is redacted, says they'll try to send the email again. Then the following email near the top of the page reads, Darling, here's the picture of a new girl redacted. She's twenty one, very sweet and lovely. Let me know you receive them please. I took them from her portfolio, so maybe the quality is not so good, but I think you can still see everything with a winky face, Miss Groff. Are you familiar with this email? Answer? I am not. Since we've been getting ready to see you, I've seen this email. To me, I sound it sounds like she's a model. Question and what was the purpose of these images to send to mister Epstein?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I would think so, yes, Brinyak, Why would you be sending modeling photos to mister Epstein?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: Because he had a business for relationship with Jean Luke Brunel and Kate's faith with Next Modeling, and he knew lots and lots of models Naomi Campbell, Petro Nokiva, Tatiana Stepanova, famous models. It made sense to me that he'd be helping coordinate models. Question did you ever see these women receive job offers? Or modeling contracts. Answer, I don't recall. That was not something that was discussed with him. Question did you have any concerns with sending him these photos after he was arrested in charge and indicted for soliciting prostitution of minors. Answer no, Miss Tolan, and all of the images that are attached to have facial redactions. However, the image on what should be page seven, the second to last, the very last physical image, second to last image, is clearly a full body redaction? Is it because the woman was nude in this photo? Answer?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember the photo, but I don't believe I ever saw nude photos. Question did you ever the email states that she was twenty one? Did you ever verify the age of the individual?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Question and did you forward these images to Jeffrey Epstein? Answer? I would think I did it, says to Jeffrey Epstein. Brignac, Miss Groff, have you ever served or sponsored a foreign woman for a girl's visa?
Speaker 2: Graff? No, Brignac.
Speaker 1: I'm going to enter majority Exhibit four, which is EFTA zero two zero six two five. Excuse me, zero two zero six two nine five to one. This is an email from you to AMEX Centurion Travel dated January fourteenth, twenty sixteen, Miss Brignac. The email reads, Natasha, we need to find a flight that departs Roam and goes to London on the twenty ninth four redacted. This flight should depart around the same time the flight we're holding for redacted rome to Miami. No return flight for this flight. This is a decoy flight. She will not really take it, but she needs to show it on the itinerary for this flight. Can you put something together for me? I'm going to give you a moment to review this, Miss bok would he have just one second? Goes off the record now they're back Backner, were ready? Miss Brignac?
Speaker 2: Question? What's a decoy flight? Answer?
Speaker 1: It means she's not going to take the flight. Question did you regularly engage in requesting decoy flights for securing visas?
Speaker 2: Answer? No question.
Speaker 1: How many times have you engaged in this practice, mister Backner, with all due respect, there's no indication it was to obtain a visa. Brignac? Okay, how many times did you engage in the practice of registering decoy flights?
Speaker 2: Miss Groff?
Speaker 1: This is the only decoy flight that I recall, and the only reason I recall it is because while getting ready for to come speak with y'all voluntarily, I saw this email along with others about the trip Miss Tolan. You said it was a decoy flight because she wasn't going. She was not going to take it. Why grof Wright, So this person the woman wanted to take a flight to mister Epstein's. She did not want to tell her parents that she was going to take this flight. She wanted to keep the flight that was taking her to London and have a different flight though, take her really to see mister Epstein. I don't know why she didn't want to tell her parents, but this was not for a visa, Miss Brignac. I'm entering majority of Exhibit five into the record, which is marked EFTA zero zero five zero one six y two two through EFTA zero zero five zero one six two five, Miss Brignac. These emails are between you and redacted an executive travel counselor about paying for flights for a hotel for a woman with her visa, dated December seventeenth and eighteenth, twenty twelve. I'll give you a moment to review. Question who was redacted?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: She was the MX Centurion Rep. Question how did you meet her? Answer? I never met her in person. She was somebody that I was told was going to be our rep. Answer by who? Or question by who? Answer? It was a long time ago. I don't know how she came to be the rep. Question did mister Epstein introduce you to her? Answer? I don't think he introduced me to her. I'm sure he may have just called one day and said that she was now going to be our rep. I really don't recall how it happened. Question how many people at AMEX did you deal with? Answer? I dealt with her mostly, but if she was on vacation or sick or something, someone else would take her spot. Question in this exhibit, you send an email that states redacted has an interview with the Consulate at ten thirty. She needs proof of a hotel, stay and air for this meeting. If any way you can do faster, would really appreciate it. What was the reason for this individual's travel Answer? I don't know. I think that this was an assistant of mister Epstein that wanted to get her visa. Question and you assisted in facilitating that visa. Answer the only thing I facilitated was getting her a ticket and a hotel room reservation.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: Question but we can agree that she needed that ticket and hotel reservation in order to secure a visa. Answer I was directed to please purchase it for her. Question What were you told was the purpose of the woman's travel? Answer? I don't think I was told. It looks to me like she needed to get a visa and she was requesting it, and that's it. I was asked to get her a ticket. I was dealing with amexenturion.
Speaker 2: That's it. Question is this an example of a decoy flight?
Speaker 1: Answer? No. Question Why did you ask if it would be fully refundable?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I don't recall. Maybe I was asked to ask if it would be fully refundable? Answer who paid for the travel? Answer?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Question who paid for a visa application?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Question did these women meet with mister Epstein upon their arrival to the US? Answer I don't know. I'm not positive who this even is. I believe it was a traveling assistant, but I don't know. Question did you facilitate lodging for any of the women who entered the US on a visa. Answer it's possible that I was directed to provide them an apartment or a hotel room. Question were any of these women scheduled to give massages?
Speaker 2: Answer? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Question was this woman ever identified as a victim of mister Epstein?
Speaker 2: Answer? I don't know who this is. It's redacted.
Speaker 1: Sorryquestion were any of these women that you work with the secure a visa identified as a victim of mister Epstein?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: I believe his traveling assistance for all victims, now yeah. Question who else did you facilitate housing for? Answer? I didn't facilitate housing. If I was directed and asked to set aside an apartment, I would do that. All right, folks, we're going to wrap up right here and to the next episode. We're going to pick up where we left off. All the information that goes with this episode can be found in the description box.