Speaker 1: It's the Bennets skin Show, the only show in the Netflex with the balls to ask, who cat is this? This segment's brought you our buddy, brought to you by our buddy, Rodney Anderson. Rodney Anderson, give him a call if you have questions about do it a cash out refinanswer, you're just curious about what your options are. He's an easy guy to talk to him. We talked to him earlier today. Nine ninety five fifty two hundred nine seven nine eight five fifty two hundred. You may have a bunch of debt, but you might have equity in your house. You won't know until you call Rodney just to pick his brain, get his advice. Ninety five fifty two hundred. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Give me that news quickie. This is a story from the weekend as we have had a death Fred Smith that at the edge of eighty one. I'm sorry eighty Fred Smith is the guy who founded FedEx. Do you know anything about this guy?
Speaker 1: Is?
Speaker 2: Uh? He hired Tom Hanks and then Tom Hanks crashed. That's what reference. Yeah, you saw the last twenty minutes of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a good movie. I like those twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: Fred Smith, by the way, yes, ten kids. One of his sons is former Falcons head coach current Pittsburgh Steelers offensive coordinator Arthur Smith. So a tough year for Arthur Smith as his dad died and now he's got to deal with Aaron Rodgers. Fred Smith. Fedix obviously huge, but kind of a wild story. FedEx would not be around if it wasn't for some good luck from old fred Smith, because in nineteen seventy three, that's when they launched, but they didn't have a lot of money. In fact, they were running out of money and one investor meeting had gone so poorly that he hopped on a plane with the remaining five thousand dollars that the company had and played blackjack. God, this guy's a hero, and he came home from Las Vegas with twenty seven thousand dollars, So five thousand down twenty seven thousand dollars back, and it was enough to keep the company going for another couple weeks, and then they raised enough money.
Speaker 1: He's the Everly Jones of shipping. God. She did say she put five grand on a hand, right, yeah, and which means it's probably ten.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, now it is illegal to take company funds and go gambling with that, But in nineteen seventy three you're.
Speaker 1: Not frowned upon.
Speaker 2: But I question that too much.
Speaker 1: I don't know that there were rules in nineteen seventy three. Were there? I don't think so.
Speaker 2: For anything, I don't really think there were. Honestly, it's now a fifty billion dollar company, so they've done well, doing pretty good. Now, there's nothing I was thinking about some other companies who had good luck. Zoom had such good luck. I mean, Covid was so good for Zoom. We were still talking about skyping. We were talking about well, that's really the two I guess, yeah, But there were all the onse who were trying to get out there. Zoom without the pandemic. I don't know what they are, dude, Microsoft without IBM, there is no Microsoft. I was saying about Twitter. Twitter's there's a side product project from some bros. You know, And then all of a sudden, Oh, the Internet is starting to take off and people are fund to bike, social Facebook happens, Oh we can do a little more with that. You're just all good luck, and that's really good, but no better luck than winning at black jack. Was such a fun game. But to come out of that up twenty two k to keep the company going. You're our celebrity death of the way.
Speaker 1: That's great man.
Speaker 2: Sorry to Ralph Mick of a bad Company at the age of eighty one who died. Fred Smith is our celebrity death of the week.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Kevin. We've got Jaws's turning fifty. We'll talk a little Jaws. Big news for Texas. This is a decision made by lawmakers and then we'll get into the NBA finals. All that's coming your way in the five o'clock hour. That've been in skin Show