Speaker 1: Boys are back in Welcome to the Dead Lop Podcast episode number three hundred and thirty six. Today we are heading to the Land of SmackDown for WWE's SmackDown November fourth, two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: The infamous incident between one UFC legend Daniel Peter and one puny fake wrestler kurd Angle. It's tough enough season, baby.
Speaker 1: But before we get into that, we have the Deadlock updates.
Speaker 2: Up now on the Patreon that's patreon dot com slash deadlock PW. Are you aware of the Patreon Patreon dot com slash Deadlock PW. You should go check it out. It's fantastic stuff. We have so much over there waiting for you, including a new episode of Watch This that's our weekly watch along. You should come watch it along with us. That's in the five dollars and above tier. Of course, we have many other tiers. Ten dollars tier that hosts the Retro sinc and SGHS is a full length watch along with us every month, and so much more. Patreon on dot com slash Deadlock PW. Go check it out. Six thousand people can't be wrong. Big shout out to everybody that voted in the Debdies I mean thousands, thousands of votes, James for I mean all these things here. I'm super excited to see the results. We'll do the results episode here in the next upcoming weeks as we tally the votes and get everything spruced up and all nice and ready for everybody for us to do the debti's edition of the show. So thank you again everybody that participated in that seventh annual Debties. James, that's a big deal to me.
Speaker 1: Seven years seven new seven seven.
Speaker 3: Yup, Yes, just nailed it, got it, buddy.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into WWE's SmackDown for November fourth, two thousand and four.
Speaker 2: This is an episode we've been pretty excited to talk about. It's kind of been in the vault for a second, kind of on the sideline until we felt it was right. And oil Boy deals right now, the Kurt Angle Daniel Pewter incident, we've we've referenced this a few times. I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Daniel Peter from the UFC, of course.
Speaker 2: That's what they say. But before we get into this episode of SMACKDWN from two thousand and four, let's talk about what was going on in the World Wrestling at the time with the Wrestling Observer newsletter. I will say, by the way, there is obviously going to be some stuff here about said Kurt Angle Daniel Peter's incident. I'm gonna leave that for the most part for when we talk about it, because it's pretty much the post of it, and I don't want to, you know, do it out of order, So we'll retrace our steps here. But from The Observer November fifteenth, two thousand and four, the first part of the most important week for the TENA promotion, the Victory Road pay per view, was not a home run, but was a mild success amidst all kinds of late negotiations. In the end, negotiations with Sting fell through and a last minute deal was made with Randy Savage, fifty two years old, who has not appeared on a wrestling TV show in more than four years, to take his planned spot, which was to beat in the final scene on the paper view after Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Ash and Scott Hall were raking havoc on everyone. But that turned out to be a waste when two days later Savage quit the company, blaming it on Halt Cogan and saying the company had an unsafe working environment. This is pretty crazy here because I was reading this and I'm like, Hogan. Hogan's not here yet, but I guess he was in talks with TNA.
Speaker 1: They were bringing the TNA to Hogan. That's right, that's right.
Speaker 2: Jared's gonna hit this dude on a guitar and it's going to take five more years fro him to come in here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Randy Savage, of course, the Victory Road Randy Savage like graphic. Yeah, Like the picture of him being at that event lives in my head forever. I will literally never forget it. And I think that's very cool that they got him to come in, especially because, like you know, he just wasn't a part of wrestling anymore by that point. No, yeah, that's pretty cool that TNA was able to do that. I mean, obviously, you know, I think they you know, Sting would have been cool for this too, but like, of course we get Sting later in TNA, So getting Randy Savage here, you know, it was a positive for sure.
Speaker 2: It's funny you talk about that outfit because we were just talking about what may have been the same exact outfit on Nitro on that episode where they were you know, Bischoff was having Miss Elizabeth send him videos and he was sad on the stage. I'm pretty sure it's almost the same exact outfit.
Speaker 1: Dude. Yeah, I mean Randy Savage last so yeah, yeah, the yeah, where you're staring at the TV. Randy Savage also unsafe working environment, like that's crazy. Dude, saw one Loki match and said.
Speaker 2: No waiting, No, it is what it is, and that is not that is for.
Speaker 1: You sting, not me.
Speaker 2: Well, more to the story here, Hogan came to the Paver for you and negotiate it at length with Jerry Jarrett and talked with many of the wrestlers as well as TEENA owner Bob Carter, Dixie Carter's dad. Hogan expressed an interest in coming in, but wanted to have the final says in creative, basically taking Jeff Jarrett's power position. Well, Hogan being there created a backstage issue because the issue was also Randy Savage was there. Savage was furious Hogan was there, feeling the company double crossed him by I guess negotiating with Hogan. Savage hates Hogan to the point he spent a year, running all over the country knocking Hogan, wrote a song calling Hogan a chicken, and even did a Grandstand challenge for a fifty thousand dollars shoot fight for a children's charity in Tampa. I'm sure we've talked about that before as well. Hogan, who like McMahon, understands there is a thin line between hate and love, particularly when you can make money with people you hate, tried to be nice even after everything Savage had said publicly about him, brought in street fighters with him. As Savage came in the building with Brian Adams and Hogan came in with Brian Knobbs, they both just came with with Brian's that they knew.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, I think Brian Adams and Brian Knobbs are street fighters.
Speaker 2: I mean they're They're just as much street fighters as Daniel Peter was in the fucking UFC.
Speaker 1: He was in the UFC, right, exactly, all right, they are street fighters.
Speaker 2: From several sources, Hogan went to him and spoke first, saying I want to smooth things out and words along the lines of I love you, brother Savage.
Speaker 1: Wait, so Meltzer got a report, who the fuck was there. I don't know, dude, along the lines of I love you brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, According to one source, that's what it was, or we can make money together. According to another, Savage responded with a flippant remark and refused to shake Hogan's hand. There are disputes about this next line, but some have said Hogan said if Savage felt that way, they could step outside and settle it, and Savage immediately back down. See, I don't believe that at all. I agree Savage would have gave him the business.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, if you if you reverse that, I think Savage was probably the one that we can step outside and settle it and right, No, I don't.
Speaker 2: Others said Hogan didn't say that, but he was trying in every way to smooth things over, and Savage was being a total asshole about it, and he blew Hogan off and walked away. That part, maybe, I feel, is closer to what I would believe.
Speaker 1: I don't believe any of this happened. I think this is all a lie.
Speaker 2: I would love to believe it, though I love this. Yours is probably way closer to the trie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think any of this fucking happened.
Speaker 2: Well. Two days later, James Savage canceled, appearing on the TV show, claiming it was because Hogan was threatening him, Are you threatening me? Which is a joke, and that TENA provided him with an unsafe working environment. It's clear Savage never had intention of wrestling and use token as his excuse. When Savage came, he was wearing a huge jacket, tied his physique and was sweating like crazy and would never take the jacket off. I mean, the sweating can be very easily explained. You have a big jacket on.
Speaker 1: That's also a classic fat guy tech.
Speaker 2: Dude, and it works and it makes me feel.
Speaker 1: Good, dude. Yeah, right, Like if I'm in a hoodie, let me be in a hoodie. Fuck you, I know it's ninety degrees. You think I don't know it's ninety degrees in here?
Speaker 2: You think you're handling the weather better than me? Is that what you're Television? TENA More news here. Almost everyone on the roster wound up furious at the company over the fan fest the day before the pay per view, after everyone spent hours signing autographs, most signing hundreds, with the feeling that the company made out great selling tons of merchandise. They paid the guy's cash on November ninth. It is believed most made around twenty to twenty five dollars for the day, and three live crew was furious. I'm absolutely stunned. Melter says that the company uh, because not paying people anything would have been less of an insult than handing them a twenty dollars bill for working all day. From the Observant November twenty second, two thousand and four and a more TENA stuff set up an idea of a reprise of DX invading WCW as we're going to have Hall and Nash invade the ww Royal Rumble tapings on November tenth that were held at Universal Studios. So this was when they were doing that commercial. We've talked about this and I think we watched the episode or something like that, where like they showed the footage of them going and abyss head a balloon and Tracy had the cookies.
Speaker 1: The mahi mahi yes, yes, YEAHI may yes. So instead of Haul and Nash they sent over the road Dog.
Speaker 2: Which when in doubt call for the doll Well, as it turned out, Hall and Nash to climb the offer Pussy's being that they both only have limited dates.
Speaker 1: She just tried to give us twenty dollars for a fans. We're not doing anything at all. Don't ever call me again.
Speaker 2: You're a JABBRONI don't call me Jeff, Jarrett.
Speaker 1: Bob, do not call lose my number. Shut up, silence.
Speaker 2: Well, they said they probably didn't feel like burning a bridge either. David Sahati put it together and rounded up Tracy who came up with the cookies, Abyss who came up with balloons, and Shane Douglas came with a mike and want to interview Vince. Conan, Ron Killings and BG James were also involved and had a white flag, with the idea that the white flag, balloons and cookies would have showed that they were coming in peace. There was some concern among those asked to come that the we's top stars there, including people like Angle Undertaker that have WB responded physically that they were outmanned. Vince was out by himself at one point and the TENA guys were arguing about whether to ambush him or not because they weren't ready and didn't got fucking punked out. Then they waited for hours from the comeback out, and he never did. The next day, w Intellectual Property VP sent TNA a letter that to avoid legal action, TENA needed to not only agreed never to use the video footage, but it's rendered the footage to WWE within seven business dates that, uh, well, they don't do that the error, and I mean, nothing really ever comes of it. It's just a funny segment where ray masterials that are unmasked, and that's really all they show. In the Mahi Mahi.
Speaker 1: There was some concern that Angle and Undertaker would have beat the fuck out of the road Dog, what like, yeah to the road Dog.
Speaker 2: Tony had said that.
Speaker 1: The road Dog just says I got a heat with Kern, Angle, Undertaker guys like it's on site too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, God, how much I wish something would have came of that. I mean, you know, it's always that's how it is. I mean, you know, every every backstage fight you ever heard of, unless you know there was accounts of shit really happening, it probably wasn't exactly like this. Everyone was fucking fired up to do something and then nothing came of it and it was never gonna be anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I loved how this always seemed it was like TNA is, Oh, they're taking over w w's territory. They're going over to fuck with their guys, and it could be a huge concern over the well being of everybody after this segment, And then the segment is them walking up to Raymisterio. He's like, oh, what's up guys? Hello boys? Oh no, we're good. This is not I was supposed to.
Speaker 2: Go Undertaker on here to kick our as is right, dude?
Speaker 1: Yeah, David so Hotty is probably looking at him, are you guys? Boys? Guess that somebody better start fighting right now.
Speaker 2: Punch this guy in the fucking head. Flip the tables. What's wrong with you? Last thing here. Meltzer says this has not been confirmed, but I've been told that Marty Wright, who is the forty year old guy who got bootle off tough Enough for lying about his age, was signed to a developmental deal and is now in OVW. Meltzer says that's a relief. For a while there, I thought you couldn't lie if you wanted to be in wrestling, and it scared me that the next Hogan would come along and knock at the opportunity. I mean, the Boogeyman. People still talk about the Boogeyman, you could say, I mean, listen, it's not the same level nearly, but if there was anyone that was close enough to guy in wrestling that people remember the likes of gold Dust, I mean.
Speaker 1: Look, the Boogeyman is a legendary character in WWE history. I mean, this guy video game legend. First off, he ate the Gillian Hall Mole, right. I mean, if you ask anyone that's like twenty seven ish right now, like, yeah, they fuck with a Boogieman, Like they grew up with this dude, you know, you know, and you know, I grew up with them a little bit. He was in an era like right before I stopped watching you know, where he existed.
Speaker 2: They if you love Smacks versus All two thousand and eight, Boogeyman's in your top five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is a lot of people, apparently.
Speaker 2: A lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I think like the generational switch here did a lot of good work for the Boogieyman. You know, people love the Bogman.
Speaker 2: That happens to a lot of guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure. I mean he's definitely the most popular guy out of this whole group.
Speaker 2: That's oddly enough, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like everyone knows the boogey Man. Fuck yeah, and what's he wy he wants to come get you, gonna yeah, I mean he's gonna get you, right, Like that's part of the deal. It's not even like up for discussion, like he's coming to get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And that's just so you know. Well, that is it for the observers. Now let's talk about w SmackDown November fourth, two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get into WWE SmackDown November fourth, two thousand and four. We are here in Saint Louis for this SmackDown. This is very much.
Speaker 2: Live super live. I mean, like the reactions of the people, especially to this tough enough segment, tell me that we're in the purest era of the WWE.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I think one thing with this era that happens is it gets kind of clumped in with the SmackDown six era and the hot end of two thousand and two early two thousand and three before happening a lot deal, yeah right, where it gets cumped in. But this is definitely a different era with a lot of similar guys, Like they still have Eddie, they still have Ray, right, Kurt still there. You know, they're doing they're doing their thing here still, but this is very much a different era. I also think that WWEE is better off with people thinking this was a better era than it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, I like I mentioned, like, I don't know why it is. I think maybe just because like something about two thousand and four feels like that still it could be the video games even though this is SVR is just coming out, so like that's lady a new era. But yeah, no, I'm still in my brain this is still Paul Hyman booked, even though that was only a year and it was we're on the more not Paul Hayman error side of this than we are when it was.
Speaker 1: Maybe because Paul still on the show, right, Yeah, he's still there's still there, right presentation, Yeah, right, but yeah, it's a totally different product by this point in two thousand and four. So we start the show off here little bit. I mean, you know we're talking about.
Speaker 2: That's the fucking yes, you know in your brain you hear what that is. Still don't know what the words are. No one's ever uncovered them. Probably some kind of ritual.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's super badass.
Speaker 2: It is awesome.
Speaker 1: We start with a code open here. This episode surrounds the tough Enough contestants. Uh. This was a big part of SmackDown at the time. The tough Enough contestants are doing sprints in the parking lot.
Speaker 2: So this is them getting you know, prepared to be a WWE superstar. These are the things you do, uh to be a superstar. This is of course mine, yes, super keep that in mind. This is the million dollar Tough Enough Challenge, by the way, which we've we've talked about before. The winner of this is obviously getting a contract and one million dollars. Uh spoilers one of them is right. Yeah, they get a contract for a second and they might get a quarter of a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The the contract for the million dollar deal was sort of shady.
Speaker 2: Super shady. Yeah, you know, we've talked about it before. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I'm pretty sure it was like a clause like, they will give you a quarter of a million, and then after that, yes, right exactly, they up to a million, is what they will.
Speaker 1: If we want to keep you and pay you up to a million. Yeah, super shady deal.
Speaker 2: They show out. You know, Alice knows here and they're showing the boys. It's they're showing timestamps, so when this is happening, so you know it's happening, Like just as the show is starting. At six oh three, they're running sprints. At six twenty seven they're doing squats and push ups. Six forty one, they're doing more sprints. I'll ask the rye back Ryan Reeves if he wants to quit, and he says no. Then I'll ask Daniel Rhodeimer if he wants to quit, and he says no, sir. Then they show Nick Mitchell vomiting profusely, which they show a lot through the show too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he throws up in a trash can. I think it was Alison.
Speaker 2: He's a At seven twelve, they're in a bunch of pasta boatloads of pasta, they say, and drinking boatloads of milk.
Speaker 1: So this tough enough season has quite a few names. You probably recognize, one of them being the Miz Why, Yeah, that's right, the Miz from MTV. H The other one the rye back.
Speaker 2: Right on MTV. He's big here still, he's just not as big as he gets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And of course we all know, uh, Nick Mitchell.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, that's true.
Speaker 1: He's the guy that throws up in a trash can.
Speaker 2: Nick Mitchell, Mitch of the Spirit Squad.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think he also was RAS and the WWF if there's remember that a lot.
Speaker 2: They brought him back and he tried to keep it going when they were trying to give him something new, and that's why it didn't work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, it was just past at this point, right, So Al snow Here is the trainer for the time being.
Speaker 2: You guys know, Al snow they brought him back.
Speaker 1: He looks great here. Al snow actually looks fantastic. He has great hair, he does. Yeah, he's put together really well. Al snow really looks good here. It made me happy to see him looking that great. Yeah right, yeah, And uh, of course we all know the tough enough stuff that goes on later and obviously Bob Holly is a part of it, and Bob Holly I think becomes a part of it later on in the later seasons because of what happens with this.
Speaker 2: He was Bob I think has already done his His seasons were like Matt Captelli season already happened. This is actually yeah, this is actually the last like this version of its season.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, Wow, my my timeline was fucked up. I thought this was the first and then it went to the other ones.
Speaker 2: No, so yeah, they this is season four.
Speaker 1: You're a tough Enough Guy.
Speaker 2: I love dude. Okay, I I fully admitting this. I am a tough Enough guy. Probably every every year. I'll watch every season over. Wow. I don't know why. There's something about it. I just super like and like I'm able to just kind of forget it and like then I'm like, oh fuck, yeah, like I've I've probably watched every season like five times each.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The seasons are different than what they show on SmackDown though, right.
Speaker 2: This so this, this is the first time they did Tough Enough just on like the first time it wasn't its own show. So before it was always like its own like MTV show or whatever the fuck it was on. Uh, And then this was the first one they were making it like a SmackDown segment every week. And then the one after this is the stone Cold uh one with m Dog And that's oh right okay, yeah, yeah, that's that's like years later. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they start off doing sprints in the parking lot, they do some squats, they throw up, and then they eat pasta and milk that Daniel Peter is super excited for.
Speaker 2: Like he he is like a child sitting there. They might as well have given him a cartoon sized knife and fork of how excited he wants to eat Thista.
Speaker 1: So he's eating all this pasta and milk and we can hear Michael Cole and Taz because they're kind of running down this this b roll and they're talking about you want to be in the WWE. Huh, well, this is what it's like being a WWE superstar. And it's just like seven or eight grown men eating enough pasta and milk to make you want to die.
Speaker 2: Dude right back is like chowing down, gulping down a gallon of milk, and like Al Snow's standing there going m hmm, that's pasta.
Speaker 1: Now, don't forget the milk.
Speaker 2: Do you think like Stone Cold did this?
Speaker 1: And the yeah I was thinking was Barry Wyndham was a huge proponent of the sprint squat pasta deal.
Speaker 2: Like only an arn were brought up with the pasta milk diet and it's been passed down for generations and then they went outside and rid sprints.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that was the if for a lot of the wrestling historians. Though. Remember this was a huge Nick Botwinkle deal. He would teach everyone this. You would sprint, squat, eat pasta and milk, and then fucking do it again, sprint, squat, pasta and milk, fucking do it again. Yeah. So that's tough enough? Are you tough enough to be in the WWE? And it's just a bunch of dudes eating a lot of pasta?
Speaker 2: Sprint?
Speaker 1: How does how does this make the w W look bad ass? Like don't you want to make we look bad ass?
Speaker 2: Like the fans are supposed to like these guys on the show? Now, like you make them look like the biggest losers ever give them million dollars. Yeah, we fucking the entire roster hates these guys, doesn't want them on the show. Yeah, and then next week they're gonna wrestle the Rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was just it wasn't even so much of anything other than a humiliation ritual that the mis pass with flying colors and would go on to be the WWE World Heavyweights Champions.
Speaker 2: Of the World. And you can call back to sprint squad Pastavilk do it.
Speaker 1: Again, which is a legendary ideology in the history Bestonerstley.
Speaker 2: They had to do this all before heading to the ring with shockingly not beautiful people instrumental. They had to come out to popa roach getting away with murder instrumental. Times have changed.
Speaker 1: That's pretty badass, though it.
Speaker 2: Is a good fucking song. I do like that song. They have all the boys in the ring. Rye Back has a Boston Red Sox hat tell you.
Speaker 1: In Saint Louis is crazy? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: He wants to eat for some reason on a show that the fans vote whether you stay or not. Well, Al Snow's out here with everybody, and he says, boys, you seem pretty proud of yourselves after last week he did a real good job talking smack to the Big Show. But tonight I like to introduce you to the only w B superstar ever win an Olympic gold medal, the Iron Sheet.
Speaker 1: Come on down. Yeah, congratulations, guys, you made Big Show feel really bad. I hope you feel good about yourselves.
Speaker 2: In the Observer, Big Show was like actually like tilted by having to do all that. By the way, like we haven't covered that, I don't think, So I wasn't gonna get too deep into the weeds with it because I imagine we'll talk about it unless we have I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean with how WW was at the time. You know, that's just part of the deal. So you're in WWE. We like to make this guy feel as bad as humanly possible all the time, so you just have to get used to that.
Speaker 2: One of our stars.
Speaker 1: And if he beat you up, he beat you up. But most of the time he's pretty cool, you know, like he's pretty cool about it. But this week he's not so cool about it because he just got shot by a tranchuilizer dart and just other shit. It's so sorry about that.
Speaker 2: And here comes the guy that did it to him, mister Kurt Engle. And Kurt comes out and I don't know how to describe him other than oddly not wet. He was like it made me feel odd how dry he was. I can't explain it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did have a match and eye, so I don't think he was supposed to wrestle or anything, so he probably didn't wet himself down.
Speaker 2: Sure, what a fool he should have gotten really oiled up for this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, really, he could have got out of that hole.
Speaker 2: Later, fucking Michael Cole. And maybe this is why I was talking about how dry it is, because the Plan commentary says that go makes note how sweaty the guys in the ring are, you know, because obviously they're blown up to shit and full of milk and pasta. Do it again, and uh, Kurt gets in the ring and he's not happy. He does not want to fucking do this. By every account ever, everyone hated the tough enough guys for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they didn't deserve to be there. Yeah, that was real. There was real resentment, yes.
Speaker 2: And Kurt, Kurt's just starting fucking with these dudes. First he gets in Daniel Rodeimer's face, he's the tall blonde guy, and he tries to make him flinch. He knows better than to do that. To the ride back, he doesn't try to fuck with him. And then he he gets in Chris Naraki's face. He's I don't think Chris Naraki ever goes on to do anything, sadly, and he gets in his face and says, what's your name? He will tonight, he says, is Chris Naraki, and Kurtz says, you think you're tough enough, and Chris Naki says yes, sir, and Kurt says, no, you're not shut your mouth. What's your name? Mike Msanen? Oh ship?
Speaker 1: The mis stare down just one time, slows down, the screen gets sapia. Holy shit, Kraig, who has the miss So you're Mike awesome? You think hitting people in the head of the chair is cool.
Speaker 2: No, that's not me. That's not me. What the fuck?
Speaker 1: W sucks?
Speaker 2: No, I wasn't there. I was on MTV.
Speaker 1: Yeah it is. Now shut your mouth.
Speaker 2: What kind of gladiator are you? No? No, no, wrong show show. So he says his name is Mike Musanna and Kurt says, you're the MTV guy. Huh and Mis says yes sir, And Kurt says, MTV sucks.
Speaker 1: They don't even play music videos anymore.
Speaker 2: That's why this tough enough shit's not on there anymore. And Kurt looks a rye back and he spits on the ground, and Rybak says his name is Ryan Reeves and the crowd boozer because he's wearing a goddamn bread socks hat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cardigle stares down a rye Back, very similar to the Miz. The screen goes safe you boom, do you want it? Boom? Let me hear ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Kurt's patting out like three Maynias in a row here. That's fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean this was legendary. This whole segment set up a lot of w w's time. It sucks that Kurt Angle went to TNA because we didn't get to see anything blew it all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, Kurt tells rye Back he's pretty muscular, and uh Rybak says, means nothing, and Kurt says, you're damn right. I destroyed guys twice as big as you, so shut your freaking mouth to I mean, he's giving these guys the business. He goes up to big Daniel Rhodeimer and he's staring him down, and he says, don't look at me like that. I'll slap your face.
Speaker 1: Don't look at me. Stop looking.
Speaker 2: And Danielroneimer has like just the shittiest smile on his face every time you look at this guy. And Kurt looks on and says, oh, you're the smart ass. You think you're smart, think you're funny smart ass answer the question, and Daniel Roheimer says, I don't think I'm a smart ass, and Kurt says, well, how about I beat your ass? God answer shut up. Then he gets in Nick Mitchell's face and he says, oh, I heard you're gonna be in the Spirit squad ha Just what.
Speaker 1: Filter do you want?
Speaker 2: Big time so much lodger that life.
Speaker 1: Wow, Kurt was good at this, the whole positioning thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, wwe the land of foreshadowing. This was cinema before cinema was around, good lord. And he gets in Nick Mitchell's face and he says, oh, I heard you think you're pretty tough, huh? And Nick Mitchell says yes, sir, and Kurt says, no, you're not shut up. I'll punch your face in, I'll make you dizzy, I'll knock you out. Don't look at me like that stair away, stare away, and Nick Mitchell's not staring away, and Kurt's like getting flustered because this kid's supposed to like get chumped and he's not. And Kurt just starts pushing him with his face and he's not looking away, and then he pie faces him.
Speaker 1: I'm like oh, man, man, you gotta learn how to sell sell for the VET.
Speaker 2: Did they think like, okay, yeah, do you think that's what it was?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: They thought it would be better to not iggy these guys at all that. Hey, maybe you should like fucking like go along with what Kurt's doing.
Speaker 1: Either you get the business or you don't.
Speaker 2: So Justice Smith is here also a fucking big dude, and Kurt says, uh, you know said him in? Justice Smith says, sir, And Churt says, sir, that's respect. You're a pretty tall guy. Huh. I didn't know they stat crap that high in Saint Louis. I think Justice Smith said that about Big show the week before. That's right, he did, Yeah he did. And chrits says, what do you gotta say now? Uh? And Justice Smith awkwardly tries to g up the crowd. He says, is Saint Louis in the house, but Kurt cuts him off, and then Justice Smith awkwardly stands there laughing. It's super uncomfortable. Uh. And Kurt says you think it's funny and just Smith says no, sir, And Kurt says, you want me to spit in your face?
Speaker 1: Okay? I would have loved to see Justice Smith take kerr Angle and throw him like into the fourth Road. I mean, Justice Smith.
Speaker 2: He's gigantic.
Speaker 1: He might be the tallest guy here, legit.
Speaker 2: I actually can't believe that, Like, he doesn't get a shot.
Speaker 1: I was kind of hoping, I honestly was kind of hoping that Justice Smith would have raised his hand when Kurt later on I was to fight, Like he just raises his hand up and he's like, yeah, I'll go fight and he gets in the ring. What do I do? I can't grab his head, he's too tall.
Speaker 2: That would have been fucking awesome, dude.
Speaker 1: Justice Smith gives him the fucking overhand strike to the bag and then Kurt lays down, and Justice Smith looks through the crowd and geez up, who wants to see a fucking power bob? Yes, yes, use me do I'm not a stack crap h and Saint Lewis.
Speaker 2: So Kurt then gets in Daniel Peter's face and the crowd, I mean the crowd. By the way, Ferry obviously likes this guy, like because he of course looks like a UFC fighter that was popular at the time.
Speaker 1: He is the UFC fighter that was popular at the time. They say that on commentary as the crowd cheers for the UFC.
Speaker 2: That's fucking insane, dude. Yeah, Like I thought he was like, oh wow, t door Tis, that's pretty cool. Little did I know, this guy's a top UFC star already.
Speaker 1: So Daniel Peter was not in the UFCO. He was, Yeah, he was an MMA fighter, but he wasn't in the UFC or anything.
Speaker 2: Literally never.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they really do mention the UFC here, which I guess maybe UFC was gaining some momentum, but things weren't very great and for them until the Ultimate Fighter finale pretty.
Speaker 2: Much and it must have been early enough that you could just lie like nobody like, oh yeah, this guy's from the UFC. Oh yeah, sure, cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like people in the crowd knew what UFC was. It was gaining a lot of momentum, Things were getting regulated, fights were starting to like make a lot more sense, you know, like, yeah, it was becoming a legitimate thing. It wasn't doing super well, like I think they were still losing money, you know, for a while until the Ultimate Fighter really popped off. I think the Ultimate Fighters what got them like their highest by rate at the time, which was Pewter versus Couture.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Pewter Liddell.
Speaker 1: Nah, nah, I know you think there was a guy named Chuck Liddell. That was Daniel Peter.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, dude, That and those Mandela's will get me every time, just like I mean, I thought this, I thought this SmackDown was taped until you told me he was live.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, this is super live.
Speaker 2: So Kurt's in this guy's face. He says, oh, yeah, you're the UFC guy. Huh, And Daniel Peter says, yeah, I go by Chuckleddell much crazy, you're the iceman. Kurt says, you have a fight Olympic champion. You don't want to because I'll beat your ass. And Peters, you know, selling a little. He's just laughing, And Kurt said, you think this is a joke. I came out here because I assumed you all think that standing up to the big show makes you tough. Well it doesn't. I shot show with a tranquilizer and shaved his freaking head. That's tough, dude.
Speaker 1: That was funny as hell. Because the Miz starts corpsing, as Kurt Angle says, because MS is the only one here that watches the show he like enjoys. Yeah, I mean maybe ride Back does. I don't know much about ride Back, but for the most part, History says that the Miss was like the biggest wrestling fan out of the tough Enough guys at the time. Yeah, so he watched that episode for sure. So he starts corpsing, and uh, you know, Kurt was trying to be serious in character even though it's funny for the audience, you know, And Miss starts corpsing. Kurt goes over to him. He don't laugh. Don't freaking laugh.
Speaker 2: Don't freaking laugh.
Speaker 1: That was like super real. It was like he pushed him. Hey, don't freaking laugh. Hey man, don't blow this segment. Now we're right there.
Speaker 2: So Kurt says, when you're in my ring, you're the Saint Louis Cardinals and I'm the Boston Red Sox. You get it, and the crowd booze rye. Back tries to buddy up with them by pointing to his hat, and Kurt no sells them because he does not want to give his heat to ride Back. No way, And Kurt says, I had also train you today for one reason, and that's to prove a point that what you did today in my world is a day off.
Speaker 1: I do that on my day off, and then when it's time for me to come to work, I shoot people with tranquilize the darts and shave their freaking heads.
Speaker 4: Don't laugh, don't laugh, miss don't fucking laugh my gossip.
Speaker 2: Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's a joke.
Speaker 2: Kurt says, you have no idea what it takes to succeed in this business. You have no idea. You stay here with an opportunity when a million dollars or for that, I hate each and every one of you. That's real as well.
Speaker 1: There's real resentment because Kurt so beat up at this time, Like Kurt is unbelievably hurt. He's injured, yeah yeah, and he is historically hurt all the way through the time till he ends up getting let go from WW and he goes to TNA where he is still hurt.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, right.
Speaker 1: He actually never stops being hurt from this point.
Speaker 2: Forward, which is a sad tale of wrestlers.
Speaker 1: Really, Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: So Kurt says, I'm told that you can an opportunity to win a special prize tonight. I don't think you deserve that prize. But the real competition starts right now. Now back up, all of you. Now it's time to watch this. So Kurt starts doing squat push ups, this fucking you know, squat thrusts. Uh, and he's doing them. Crowds not really into this segment anymore. Kurt says, these are called squat thrusts. We're gonna have a little competition. The man that does the most squat thrust to night wins a special prize. Al starts counting and then tells him to stop, and Kurt starts fucking getting mad. You gotta be kidding me. You're a freaking disgrace. And while the boys are trying to figure out how to do squat thrusts in the amount of times that they're asking to do it, Cole says, hey man, all right, let's just fucking show you what happened last week with the Big Show. They recaped that whole thing, and like I said, we'll probably talk about in the future, so I don't want to go into that. But Big Show, I mean, just kicks these guys' asses.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, what the hell are these guys training for? Like, what the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: The stars? Come on?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What like, all right, so welcome to the w BE here's the pasta in the milk, Big Sure's gonna kick your ass. And uh, anyways, do these squad thrusts? I guess yeah, and then was gonna shoot on you. What's going on here?
Speaker 2: This is also this is what they did to the w CNW guys when they came over from the invasion.
Speaker 1: Van Hammer used to no chance.
Speaker 2: But hey, is that WWF some meat? W Sean Stacy eat this? You kick his ass?
Speaker 1: Do not let Justin Credible go come back here, c W Champion. I grabbed the clicks bags. Please bitch their ten a bitch, I'll come here.
Speaker 2: They're reading Mahi Mahi, you eat this pasta, So we're back on SmackDown. They're all doing squad thrusts, and Kurt the whole time is just saying, oh my god, you guys fucking suck, and Kurt says refs if these guys do it wrong, eliminate them. And if they can't do or they quit, they're eliminated. And Chris Naraki's the last one left, and Kirk gets in his face and says congratulations, you just won the special prize and that is you're gonna have your very first match the night right here in Saint Louis against me, And of course that's what it was. And it's not like a wrestling like you know, they're not working. Kurt is amateur wrestling this guy when they ring the bell, so the bell rings, Kurt front face locks Chris, Naraki takes him down. Naraki grabs the ropes, which I mean, good on him for having some awareness, and I mean, Kurt just double exis, dude, he's fucking him up. He pins them, beats them, and that's uh where it probably should have ended.
Speaker 1: But I legit fractured in Iraki's ribs here. Really, Yeah, I think he like shoot injured them.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Wow, that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that's that's.
Speaker 2: Good for this whole fucking concept. That's good. We should like, yeah, break his ankles next time too and shoot them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should put Daniel Peter in the main event and that have three guys beat the fuck out of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should do a yeah, why not? And then let's do next week. Let's do a who can jump off the SmackDown fist? The fastest competition.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see who can survive getting thrown off a balcony by the Big Show. Next week, curt I freaking survived?
Speaker 2: They stop laughing. Yeah, like, dude, what the fuck? Like? Yeah, dude, a kick you in the head and run you over with a rike. She's gonna hit you with a car this week. Contest.
Speaker 1: All right, well this don't don't get too much now because this ship actually sounds crazy good? Yeah do that then?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right? What if they had to redo all the w WE moments like let's see survive stuff? All right, guys, So here's what we're gonna do this week on Tough Enough on SmackDown, We're gonna bury all you guys in this huge grave, and we're gonna see one who survives, and two if anyone can recreate the Undertaker's handcoming out of.
Speaker 2: The grounds, your hand out the grave. All right, now, this week, all of you bring your cars in because Goldberg's got a monster.
Speaker 1: This week on Tough Enough Heat addition, we will be tying up all the contestants of the one million dollars tough Enough to the turnbuckle post, and then we will be attaching a car battery to their balls soaking wet and if anyone survives, uh, then you'll be here next week where we push you off the hell in a cell into the truck full of hay.
Speaker 2: Oh you think Shane freaking McMahon's a joke, Is that right? You think you're better than a freaking rakishi.
Speaker 1: We have a guest trainer here this week, Steve Blackman, and he's gonna hit you in the back of the kindow stick and you're gonna drop twenty feet in the air right onto the stage.
Speaker 2: Oh you think Shane freaking McMahon's a joke? Up some of the kurts there every week you're talking about this, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, Like that would have been awesome actually talking.
Speaker 2: I mean, if they're gonna fuck with these dudes, why not do it to that extent, right, like fuck the squats fucking push him off the hell and of cell Today.
Speaker 1: This week on Tough Enough, we're gonna explode your pyro in your face and we'll see what happens. No one wins. I just want to see what would happened with you guys.
Speaker 2: Honestly, this is unfilmed.
Speaker 1: This I want to see Chrystal ROCKI can, well, you would do if he was called.
Speaker 2: Off fireman on Tough Enough DVD Bonus this week, We're gonna put you through the ring. You're gonna take a back body drop through the hell and of cell into the ring for the DVD bonus Extra Tough Enough this week. So Kurt gets on the mic after he embarrasses Kristner Raki, and he says, who wants to get in the ring, And Daniel Peter raises his hand and Kurt says, you want to get in the ring with me, get your ass in the ring, and Daniel Peter does that, and Michael Cole says, Pewter is a cage fighter from Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, maybe part of it was they wanted this guy to be from the UFC, so when Kurt Angle beat his ass, he'd be like the UFC guy.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I thought that one through.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, technically, by the way, Kurt does beat him.
Speaker 2: Kurt wins, but they changed.
Speaker 1: The rules halfway through, but he did.
Speaker 2: The referees. I mean, it's the screw job they saying, little screwge ob for her, if anything. So the bell rings, they start grappling, I mean they're they're legit wrestling, like they're for real going forward here. They didn't think for a second to maybe tell this guy anything. Pewter, Like even Kurt in the ring kuldn Of said, all right, let's fucking roll around a little and then I'll pin you.
Speaker 1: That's what Ego would do to you. I think Kurt just thought I'll take care of this kid.
Speaker 2: It must, I mean, and so he thought he would because he I mean, he front face locks him, he backs him in the corner of the crowd is chanting UFC. I'm shocked they didn't like bleed that out on the SmackDown Live show.
Speaker 1: No, they wanted that, right, They wanted UFC, and they wanted so when Kurt beat him, I think that was the idea. Surek WB guys are stronger, these are the strongest athletes in this field.
Speaker 2: Well, Kurt goes to slam Pewter, but Pewter grabs a goddamn double wrist lock, and I mean he's got him and it's in. Like Pewter he could have snapped Kurt's arm for real.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when they're on the ground and he grabs the arm, yeah.
Speaker 2: He's it's in. That is like it's in in and like he's fucked, like Kurt is in trouble.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's super in and Pewter is like he's one second away from breaking his arm because I think he's just super locked in. Like at this point, sure they're really grappling, and like you start grappling and like you realize, okay, so we're like really grappling. Like there's a different sense that takes over, and he gets him down. He gets that Kamor, and he does he does try to break his arm. I mean it looks like he definitely does. And Kurt reacts very quickly because he knows that like if it didn't get broken up immediately, his arm is legit gonna get broken.
Speaker 2: So Pewter has this key lock in and his shoulders are down, and I think one of the referees gets iggyed. I believe it was by Gerald Brisco like on the headset to count and he does, you know, ref counts to three and it's over, so he lets go to hold it's over. Brenengle's arm is not snapped in half, and Pewter gets up to shake his hand, and I mean Kurt's in his face and he's hot, he is talking shit to him, and there's so there's a few things we can go over here if you want to get into this now, this kind of what happens here, because there's you know, different versions of the story. I have what the Observer says, I have what Daniel Peter says happened as well. So let's uh, let's take a look for her, all right. So from the Observer, November fifteenth, two thousand and four. Back in the Observer here, Meltzer writes on eleven two in Saint Louis, we came a few seconds away from having the Steve Williams bart gun finish quite frankly, and I was almost ready to cry watching this, because you could see that if exactly what they didn't want to happen actually did, they have created a new star in one night. Meltzer thinks this would have made Dan Peter a star, which I guess I mean a star in the sense that everyone would know who he is forever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it would have been reported on by a lot of people, like a lot of outlets and things.
Speaker 2: Meltzer, you know, he goes over what happened, you know, recaps at all and he says here as we continue on, Angle, with his ego bruised, was pissed and refused to shake Peter's hand, although he was playing bad guy and may have done that anyway. And he whispered to him that this was the entertainment business and it's not about hurting people. Angle said to Peter, don't you know any better, It's not a fucking UFC match, It's an amateur wrestling contest. Angle continued, stay off your back? Are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid? All right, well, better luck next time and get out of my face. When Corderis was counting three, in the background, you can see Charles Robinson indicating to Corderas that Peter had his shoulder up. Apparently Peter had already asked one of the two referees if he could do a submission and been told it was okay, it was over. Angle was furious in locker room, trying to say it wasn't supposed to be a submission deal. He was also mad at management because he was given no advance notice over what he was supposed to do, so it wasn't as if he'd been training even for a week to get ready to do shooting after calming down Angle expressed interest and also turning it into a major angle, but the company wasn't interested. I don't know if it would have you know, how much they could have gotten out of it turning it into an angle, right, Like this kid isn't really a wrestler. Wrestler, so, like, you know, they probably could have got something, but they do nothing. I guess, you know, I don't know if they just didn't see how much of a big deal this was to like, you know, coming out of the show, Like I don't, like Meltzer said in The Observer, like Vince didn't really know that people gave a fuck about this and that's why he wasn't going to turn it into anything. It would have been cool, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. It would have been interesting at the very least.
Speaker 2: Daniel Peter, when talking about this, said, here's the thing. People have grudges. At the end of the day. I don't hate anybody. Did I make an opportunity for what was given shirt? Did I follow yes? Did they say no striking? Yes. If anybody's real enough and authentic, they're going to tell you what really happened. At the end of the day. I've never had a problem with Kurt angle per se. And here's Kurt talking about this from an interview from two thousand and eight. Kurt says, I was in a very awkward situation at that point. I couldn't do five push ups. I was in a really, really bad shape. My neck was really bad, and Vince asked me to do this. He wanted me to wrestle all of them. I wasn't worried about Peter, you know, he was the last guy. I was more worried about the two big guys. I waited about two oh seven. My body was deteriorating, my neck was killing me. And the first kid I wrestled, I got him in the front headlock and took him over. When I did, I jam my head into the canvas and both my arms went completely numb, and i'd pin the kid. I didn't want to do anymore, but I opened my mouth and said who else wants some? And nobody would raise their hand. Then fans started looking over at them, and Peter was like, I'll do it, you know, so I said, come on in. I was like, I can't believe I'm doing this because I can't even feel my arms. Right now. So we get in there. The referee started and I take a half assed shot because I'm scared to death of my neck. Pewter back down and the fans cheered. I was like Geez, even attacked them. Every time I attacked him, he would back into the corner. The more it went on, the more my hands started like I couldn't even close them. I ended up getting him, had him in a single leg and I went to go do a double leg and he grabbed the rope. He grabbed the rope and I reached around my back to get him off the rope, and that's when he got me in the arm bar. Now I had him. All I had to do and I would never do it because I don't want to hurt any of these guys. But I could have thrown them right on his head because both of his hands were locked. All I had to do was go backwards and throw him right on his head. Instead, I brought him in the middle of the ring and you could see it on a video. I dropped to my knee and I drop him nice and easy on his back. Now Pewter starts cranking, and the whole thing was it wasn't even supposed to be an ulimate fighting contest. It was a wrestling match, but there was supposed to be a submission. He was a more on. He would put his back on the mat and it wasn't even supposed to be one two three count. It was only supposed to be a one count. So that's you know, Hurts version of that. So, I mean, this is pretty I don't know if anything ever comes close to happening like this again in terms of, you know, a guy with no experience getting in the ring with a dude that's like, you know, a vet and almost breaking this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely a time that I remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, Kurt gives him shit in the ring, you know, they tells him to get the fuck out of the ring, and then uh then that's that's pretty much all she wrote. You know, he calls him fucking stupid, and you can see it on the show, like he says, are you stupid? Are you fucking stupid? Remember the next time we get out of my face and tas on commentary, I don't know if he's being fed this and Ta says, Kurt said, you're in a wrestling contest. What the hell you doing on your back? Kurt says, uh, when you're in this ring, you're in my ring, and by the looks of it, none of you are tough enough. Now get out of my face, and then he spikes the mic because I imagine he is fucking tilted.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh, Kurt was doing freestyle wrestling, Peter was doing shoot Kimora's in the raf count of the three count. I don't know what was going on here.
Speaker 2: This is MMA pitch UFC UFC, So.
Speaker 1: Michael Colin taz here they go over the segment. It shows clips of Booker T versus Orlando George when Booker T glombs JBL and wins the match to face JBL for the WWE title at the Survivor Series.
Speaker 2: Speaking of that, we go backstage. Josh Matthews is backstage with Orlando Jordan and JBL, and Josh Matthews tells Orlando, you have a rematch with Booker T. What makes you think the result is gonna be any different than last week when Booker T pinned you, And Orlando's looking at him like, hey, what the fuck? And he goes to say something and JBL stops him from speaking, and then he just smacks the dog shit out of Josh Matthews. Dude, like full on slap.
Speaker 1: In the top of the head.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And JBL says, take that base out of your voice, son, this is my chief of staff, mister Jordan. You treat him with respect. And Orlando says, let me tell you something, you little pizza. I'm gonna beat the hell out of booker T, just like I want to do to you. And Josh Matthews says, fuck this, fuck this shit. He flips out, and I was like, what what am I? Is this for real? Like, he says, I'm tired of the abuse. And he goes to leave and just says, all right, you know what, let's start over. Orlando, you're not seeing this in a rational perspective. In order to be book T, you gotta have your head in the game and not up JBL's rear end. And he pushes the mic on Orlando or the leaves.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is one of the biggest pops in WWE history right here. Yeah, he says, you need to not have your head up his rear end.
Speaker 2: Josh, Josh, Josh.
Speaker 1: Dude, I love this era. I mean, you just do whatever you want. Yeah, whatever reaction we want right here, we're gonna have it doesn't matter.
Speaker 5: At all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this should always made me cry. I gotta keep it away with you watching it back.
Speaker 2: Josh Matthews also tough enough guys, So like this means something yeah, right to me? Yeah, and you know, thank fuck he stood up for what's right. He should have told Orlando to stop spraying shit all over himself and get his head on the jvl's rent.
Speaker 1: So yeah. Booker t versus Orlando Jordan a return match.
Speaker 2: Survivors Stories by the way, Uh, they show a graphic of JB versus Booker brought to you buy the.
Speaker 1: Xbox Nice dude, kick ass not bad.
Speaker 2: I don't really remember if this is a good Survivor series or not. So I don't know if Xbox money's worth. Oh what do you remember most from it?
Speaker 1: All of it?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: So Booker takes it to Orlando Jordan's early Here, he hit some chops you a rebound back elbow. Booker grabs the arm, but Orlando Jordan takes him to the corner and then cheats the count to take over for a second. Here a bit Booker up and overs off a whip, hits a cryonic kick, hits a sidewalk slam, gets a.
Speaker 2: Two count hmm, big ass uh sidewalk slam too.
Speaker 1: Booker T hits the one hundred and tenth street Slam, but JBL runs in no, and they started fighting immediately, and of course the numbers game is too much as Orlando Jordan gets up and they two on one assault Booker T and then JBOL hits the clothes line from Hell.
Speaker 2: Clothesline from Hell. I mean, what a fucking finisher this is.
Speaker 1: It's great for an act that's evil because it likes evil. It looks like it has evil intent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there's just yeah, you're right, it's just mean behind it. Yeah, like it's I I'd love it. And you know, if you know, JBL could have probably got as over with the power bomb, but the clothes line from Hell, he just puts some stink on it.
Speaker 1: And like, I do love the cigar power bomb.
Speaker 2: Dude, and so does everyone on the NBI's Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, there's always something that holds over from the era before it, right, and that is that. So we go backstage. The Dudley Boys are here as the Cruiserweight Champion, the Boss Spike Dudley, walks.
Speaker 2: Up and he says, you guys ready, you know last week I made a deal with kurd Angle that we'd eliminate the Big Show. Well, you know you two would, and when you do, one of you will be chosen as the fourth member kurd Angles team a Survivor series. And Bubba says, all right, that's cool, but you said you had a plan. And Spike Dudley the Boss says, of course I have a plan. I'm the boss. We're gonna go down to that ring. I'm gonna call it the Big Show and we're gonna eliminate him right now. And then he tells Bubba and Devon to get the tables. I uh, I gotta say, I actually, I don't know how long this lasts. I kind of really like little Spike Dudley being the boss of the Dudley.
Speaker 1: So we go backstage. Josh Matthews one t is here with Teddy Law.
Speaker 2: Comes on screen. Austin Pop says, I'm sorry for what I did, but I'm tired of being bullied, and Teddy says, I understand, but with your job, you have to be professional. Booker comes in says Teddy, serious has happened out there? No, I want to what the hell Teddy Teddy is disassociated in the office.
Speaker 1: Teddy, Teddy, what what what do you want?
Speaker 2: You're the fucking boss. Can you pay attention?
Speaker 1: That's Spike Dudley.
Speaker 2: They give my job, boy player. Well, Booker says, Teddy. It ain't making no difference who it is. You're in, so Booker team with Josh Matthews.
Speaker 1: Now, so we got to a Dudley Boys town hall. It cuts to the ring and Spike Dudley is standing on a table as Devon and Bubba pace around the ring.
Speaker 2: Spike is legit. There's a table set up in the ring and Spike is standing on top of it and he's calling out the Big Show. He says, I'm the boss the Bows and I'm demanding you get down this ring right now. You're not man enough to fight me. You're not tough enough to fight me. Oh come on, we already did that segment. It's tough enough's done, Big Lance.
Speaker 1: By the way, I thought Spike Dudley was a cardboard cutout.
Speaker 2: On the I mean it looks ridiculous. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I definitely thought, like one or two frames into them cutting to this scene that that was a cardboard cutout.
Speaker 2: Big ship's too stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then he goes to grab him and he's like, oh fuck, whoa what do we do about this? Teddy? Teddy, teddy? What what do you want?
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Aren't you forty.
Speaker 2: Figure about yourself?
Speaker 1: Man? Ask me what to do right now?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't watch your match.
Speaker 1: What does it matter if I watched? There didn't You're doing another one in two days.
Speaker 2: Here comes the Big Show, and Big Show's very confused. He can't believe that either he can't believe the Spike's call him out or he can't believe that Spike Dudley is very tall. Of a sudden, he's huge. And Big Show gets in the ring and Spike Dudley spits right in his face, which is pretty nuts, especially because there's a guy who's gimmick on the show is spinning in your face.
Speaker 1: And there's another guy who is throwing up a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, we brought back and we're gonna fire again. Oh the show goozle Spike, who is standing on the table and the Dudleys jump his ass, and Divon goes out of his way to fuck a bunch of him in the balls from behind. I mean, he really got down there for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I respect it. Three d to the Big Show, lay them out and uh. The Dudley's then set up a table in the corner like Spike is on the second rope. They set up one diagonal in the corner. Then there's that table that was already set up. The Dudley's trying to pick up the Big Show, but he double goozles them headbutts, bubba choke slammed Divon through the table, Choke slammed a Bubba through the other one, just decimates these fucking tables, which I mean, God, these guys gotta go to TNA now. There is nothing left for you, guys. Man, They are not trying to do shit with you. Guys. They gave you that undertaker push and it did not work, and they don't see you as shit.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You gotta go.
Speaker 1: Well. They tried separating him right in the draft, didn't work.
Speaker 2: Didn't work, brought.
Speaker 1: Him back together, didn't work.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 1: I mean, this segment felt so cold.
Speaker 2: Which is for for a big show, killing dudes and going after a guy so so much smaller than him. Thing on a tape show. Josh Matthews had a bigger reaction than this Angle.
Speaker 1: Well, we get a backstage segment here. Kurt Angle is here with mister Peas before Luther Rains and I'm not a Mark Jin drag and they're looking for a fourth member of their Survivors series team.
Speaker 2: Well, Luther Rains is calling the shots here. He says the Dudley Boys didn't get the job done. And Kurt says, you know what I'll think of something you guys got to think about your tag match coming up, which is I started like fist pumping. Wow, Luther Rain's Mark Jindract tag match. I can't wait. And boy, old boy, was I surprised at how much time they got So KURTI, here's something in the distance. I didn't know where they were. I thought they were like about to jump somebody. I didn't realize that they just heard two guys in the locker room talking and they walk over to them. They made it seem very sneaky at first.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they heard two badass motherfuckers and they had to go talk to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they heard Carlito chomping on an apple and his boy, Heyeseus is in the fucking party. Let's go like, what's top guys here? And Kurt walks up and says, Carlito, something funny just came up. We have an opening on my Team of Survivor series.
Speaker 1: You know, I heard about your match with see Him Punk nextage.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, wow, really long, guys like you guys fucking really well. Yeah, they're about to get my boys here sometime on the show. Not as much as you guys, but I'll give you some time. Nonetheless, he says, what about Latino, he versus Carlita cool? Pretty cool? Huh So Carlita says pretty cool, and he's eating his apple.
Speaker 1: Carlito and says Carlito cool, And Carlito eats the apple.
Speaker 2: That says cool A plus segment.
Speaker 1: Yes, I like.
Speaker 2: Kurt says, listen, you're a great US champion. I'm a great American. It's a great combination. What do you say? Carlita takes a big bite of the apple. Good crunch on this not edited. It doesn't need to. They should have added a Lucia underground smack to him biting the apple.
Speaker 1: Well, thankfully, he always took big bites. Anyways, you could always hear it.
Speaker 2: Well, he you know, teases like he's gonna spit in kred Angle's face, but he doesn't. He shakes his hand and Carldo says, Carlito on Angles team. That's cool. Carlito says cool, and the segment's over.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then Kurt says, awesome, we got our fucking team. So first things first, we're gonna draw some straws here, shortest one has to go stab John Cena.
Speaker 2: Hey, Zush, you have to You're not on my team, but you have to draw straw anyway, like it's just sorry kind of how the rules are?
Speaker 1: We go backstage. RVD is here as Ray Mysterio walks up and says, RVD, what hey.
Speaker 2: And rv DY says, you know they're about to head the ring for their tag match, and Already says, wait a minute, we're not ready. Let's get synced up. And Ray says that he's representing the six to one nine and rv DY says, and I'm RVD.
Speaker 1: The he come on, Ray says, you know, I'm representing the six one nine, and then there's me rv D. That was his thing, and then there's me.
Speaker 2: RVD and they bumped this and that's synced up. They're in sync.
Speaker 1: Now, dude, I love this Team. I can't name one standout match in my brain, but this is like a SmackDown versus Raw Dream Team.
Speaker 2: This has to be Okay, smacked then versus Raw is exactly what I was thinking of when I see these two. I don't know why that is. I must have just played it as a ton of that game or something, or.
Speaker 1: Like two guys I was playing with constantly. Yeah, so super due so Xbox presents Survivor series. It's November fourth here, which means that Halo two releases in five days. Whoa who I mean, if you've been here for a while, you've heard me say this one hundred times. If you're new here, welcome to me saying this one hundred more times. Halo two changed online console gaming forever forever. My goat game, Like, this game is so fucking good it's unbelievable. Still holds up to this day. The week of a Halo two drop, I mean, the world did not know that shit was gonna change forever. They logged onto Xbox Live pre patch Halo two and they were beating people down ten times and they weren't dying. I mean, pre patch Halo two was fucked, but post patch Halo two. Very good. Sure, seven or eight people that are listening probably know what the fuck I'm talking about. Shout out, but it's for them. Oh, I know what the lady's like. Yes, sir, So we have RVD and Ray Masterio versus Luther Rains and Mark Jendrac.
Speaker 2: Yes, and it's time to give the boys some time.
Speaker 1: Mark Jendrak and Ray Mysterio stared down to start things off. Just one reminded me of the SVR beginning cuts a mini game.
Speaker 2: WHOA, Okay, there was a lot of those two there, fucking the lock up or a that's just a stare.
Speaker 1: Down with a stare down the face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a Yeah, there's a there's a few. Actually those were cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah they were fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Mark Jindrak shakes his hips here, which Ray Mysterio takes advantage of, which leads to Ray doing a move I do not remember him doing, which is him getting down and then punching Jindrack multiple times in the mid section.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. I I don't know why I thought of you when he did that, but I was like, Wow, this is like such a James thing that just happened to her. His legs like he went, oh shit, Ray does that, which makes me laugh, and then he stands up, hits the rope, spring back Trilton world Head Sisser.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude, Ray was unreal. At this point, Man's him and RVD were the coolest dudes ever.
Speaker 2: This movie is fucking insane, Like, I mean, you know, fucking good. God bless Gindrack for being able to post for this, but or be a base for this. Excuse me, but spring back off the second rope, tilt to world Head scissorted. He's he actually is fucking good and yeah, okay, we're fucking around it. Actually didn't mind this match at all. I thought this was like a good story here that they it was a little long, but like for what it was, I actually thought this was fucking all good.
Speaker 1: Dude, SmackDown versus Raw, Mark Jindrak Finisher.
Speaker 2: Is it the the jump off the top rope.
Speaker 1: Jump to the top rope, God, jump off the top rope? Yeah, dude, If you guys haven't seen Mark Jendrags Finisher and SmackDown versus Raw, take a second, load it up, go play as Mark Jenderrack and use that move and tell me it is not the craziest thing you've ever fucking seen. But yeah, this is like a classic meatheads and cool guys tag team match. Dude, it is very good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually was kind of surprised at how uh, I don't know what. I don't want to say over the top. Lutherans was as kind of like a meathead is actually a fantastic way to put these guys like classic, dude, Yes, right, that's true. Yeah, that and Luther Rain's like, this is the most personality since I've seen him since the Oh my god, has the piece before thing happened yet? Or is that like soon we're in November of a four?
Speaker 6: Oh my, I don't know, Fuck, I gotta I don't know, dude, that might be like around the corner here that fucking wow, like we might Oh my god, it is.
Speaker 1: Oh man, it's legit.
Speaker 2: Like two or three weeks after this that the four thing happens.
Speaker 1: Oh by changes his career, his legacy is cemented in two weeks time. So rayn RVD hit the four to twenty leg Drop double team for a two. It's not called that yet, but there's a funny story of them naming it the four to twenty leg Drop and them explaining it. I think we talked about on the show We have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was they were, you know, Vince, uh was is that a is that a weed reference? In? Hayman had to ask them for an excuse to tell Vince, and I think it was they have four legs and twenty is their combined shoe size.
Speaker 1: And Vince said, short thing.
Speaker 2: I don't watch anyway.
Speaker 1: So RBD hits a no look cross body press for a two before Luther Raines tags in, h Luther Rain's accolades here.
Speaker 2: Crazy they I'm like, oh, they're going to go into the story of Luther Raine's here, and like I I don't know if I just fucking forgot this. I had no idea this was his story. I'm assuming it's true because that's a very true chorus, of course, but like this is I mean, this is maybe laugh out loud.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rain's accolades here. Michael Cole runs it down. This is pretty much exactly how he runs it down. By the way, Luther Raines has been to jail, he's been stabbed, he's been shot, kick out by Luther Raines. He got his throat slit right, Yeah, brought ear to ear sidewalk slamed by Luther Raines.
Speaker 2: It's like video game commentary, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he was stab shot throat, slit ear to.
Speaker 2: Ear, ear to ear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he does one hell of a side slam. Least we don't know that yet. He adds to his accolades here in.
Speaker 2: Two weeks yeah, you know, yeah, twenty three hours a day lockdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we learned about his time in prison and uh, his court mandated SmackDown time. That's cool.
Speaker 2: I mean, like there, I hate this. I can't believe I'm saying it, but there might have been something to this Luther Rane's cat. There might have been something here.
Speaker 1: Well, RVD goes for a sunset flip here and Luther Rains charges up his fist and just smacks RVD on the top of his head.
Speaker 2: I like was praying that he was going to do the jig something double acts. I expected RVD to move, Maybe he was supposed to. This is classic move, move your hand, what the fuck? But no, Luther Rain's just charges up this one axe handle and then hits him on the top of the head.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, whoa, there's a bump up there. Don't worry for set's coming. Watch the kick so Ray tags in with the seated sent on classic Ray hot tag here, very nice. Ray dials it up and the crowd literally goes insane. Ray and Eddie are the most over guys on this show right now, yes, like legitover, like people are actually moving and standing up and cheering, not like smacked on oh four, everyone's sitting down. But there's a load of popover.
Speaker 2: Right If you're coming to smack down, it's for Kurt Ray and Eddie.
Speaker 1: So Ray goes to hit the six one nine, but Mark Jindrak grabs Ray's legs out of mid air and tosses him to the floor.
Speaker 2: God damn he dumps him, dude.
Speaker 1: Lutherraine's full Nelson's. Ray off the floor, hits a full Nelson slam. Great yeah, great, big guy.
Speaker 2: Move here, very cool.
Speaker 1: Uh. Jindrag tags in and he tells the ref I have till five referee, Yes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, new am drag.
Speaker 1: And then he hard whips Ray into the corner and does the erection of perfection three elbow drops. Yeah, theatrics for it to go. We get a nice close up of Lutherane's face.
Speaker 2: That was nice, says Lutherans liked what he sees and Cole says, I heard the guy likes prison.
Speaker 1: So Lutherines loses his cool on Ray here and then stands up and does a tunt with his arms in the shape of a horseshoe. Oh my god, that's right.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's fucking awesome, dude. That this is what I'm talking about. This part here where Lutheran's goes ballistic stomping out Ray. I was like, Oh, if he keeps doing this, he'll get over. He very much doesn't keep.
Speaker 1: Doing They told him never ever do that again.
Speaker 2: Stop that ship. Now you need peas.
Speaker 1: Peace and slit his throat from ear to ear. So Taz says Cole. Do you not know the size of Gen Drag's boot? Jr? Knows everyone's boots size.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know that, Taz just trying to have some Van Brenna. I don't care.
Speaker 1: Ray springboards into Mark Genderrack, but Jendrack catches him into a tilted world slam he learned. Luther locks in a bear hug here and Ray gives Gingderack the clap nice. Ray fights back. He hits a Tornado DDT for a double down RVD hot tags in clears the ring before hitting a sid kick on Gindrac for a.
Speaker 2: Too looks great.
Speaker 1: RVD flips Ray onto and hits a rolling thunder for it too. They have a lot of cool double team stuff.
Speaker 2: I mean, no wonder why they kept them together. I mean, these guys probably in their first two matches as a team, had seventeen moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, RVD kicks Jen Drack, he falls into the six to one nine position. Ray follows up on it, and then RVD goes for the five star.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Luther Rains grabs his leg though, but RVD holds on as Ray comes around and six to one nine's them in the corner.
Speaker 2: That was awesome. I love that. I didn't know how they were gonna like I thought it was just a legit cut off, but Ray hitting the six to one nine from an awkward position was very cool. And the five star that RVD does after is I mean every time, it's unbelievable looking.
Speaker 1: He hits the five star frog splash and picks up the win.
Speaker 2: Good to win, I uh, you know, got to get the babies up before the big Survivor Series match and RVD and Ray again, like I said, I actually like this match. This was good, like it was the most I fucking think I've seen out of Lutheran's ever due.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did the horsesheet.
Speaker 2: He stopped him out with theatrics.
Speaker 1: He has the horseshoe hair and the horseshoe to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not horseshoe anymore, man, you should let that shit go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're mister peas before. How am I mister peas before?
Speaker 2: Just go it a few weeks You'll see I spit in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So Carlito's music starts playing. They meet RVD and Ray on the ramp here. Jesus is with him his big ass pants, dude, I mean they're huge.
Speaker 2: Yeah, big suspenders on this dude. I mean, but he's gonna stab you, and this dude's I mean, this dude's shooter. Carlito bites an apple spits into rvd's face, So the four of them start brawling. RVD is going at Carlito. Off camera, Jeseus comes and obliterates RVD. He hits him so fucking hard, dude.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he like falls onto the cables, off the into the lights.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: They then they pick him up. They send him back into the ring. All four dudes now including Horseshoe and Mark Jindrak are stopping him out and until Eddie Guerrero comes to make the same He's got a chair and he hits him in the back with the chair.
Speaker 1: Huge pop.
Speaker 2: I mean, dude, Eddie's a star and the crowd is super excited to see him, and I mean he fucking he gives Jin Drack a good one, gives Luther Ram's a good one to the back, sends them reeling and they know to continue on, of course, to build for Survivor series. But uh, Eddie's gonna get some bad news here about Survivor series from the general manager does not give a fuck about this show.
Speaker 1: We get a establishing shot here from Saint Louis before we get the Survivor Series two thousand and four rundown.
Speaker 2: Yeah pretty uh interesting card, I don't I really don't remember anything about this show. So either I just fucking was watching TNA and paying more attention to that, or this show wasn't good.
Speaker 1: Well, Heylo two came.
Speaker 2: Out, well, Undertaker and Heinder REGs on this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like I said, heyway two just came out. I understand why. Yeah, so we have Jericho, bin Wa, Maven and Randy Orton versus Snitsky, Edge, Batista and Triple Huh. This is the more important Survivor Series match because the winning team will control Raw for a week. I don't know if the SmackDown one has the same stip or not.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it has any step, but I think it's just for.
Speaker 1: When they started combining these shows for the bigger shows, like Raw usually was always like we have all this cool stuff going on, and SmackDown is all yeah. Right. We have Shelton Benjamin versus Christian for the Icy title, that's probably good. We have Trish Stratus versus Leader for the women's title. I feel like both of those matches are like perpetual feuds that just go on forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, I bet that Trish Leader one is cool too. I don't don't know if that's what fucking one is. Leda's like last match that's.
Speaker 1: Like later, right, Yeah, I actually don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess her last matches with Trish, So anytime I see in this era that like they're facing him, like, oh, is this Leada's last one and Trica's last one too? But I don't know if they face a.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have RVD Big Show, Raymisterio and Eddie Guerrero versus Luther Rain's, Mark Jinderat Carlito and Kurt Angle. Yeah that all changes yeah here in just a second. Actually. Yeah, And we have Undertaker versus Hide and Right.
Speaker 2: I mean they loved, they loved bringing in a guy and immediately putting him with Taker. I don't know why they did that so often. I feel like it's like, especially for here and the next like few years, they do that a lot. And I don't know a single guy that it worked out well for.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean Taker just needed guys to run through, right, he just needed shit to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably what they were thinking too, Like we'll give him some seat, they'll get a run from just being in the ring with Taker, learn something, and then you'll go back to hell.
Speaker 1: We get a pre tape here last week on SmackDown. Paul Hayman is here with a contract in a dark room. They use this room a lot on SmackDown. I swear it's always with take Her Too.
Speaker 2: They do it is with take Her Too, because I remember they did the one with fucking Uh. I swear it was Brock and Taker's wife.
Speaker 1: I remember Brockman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I fucking they did do that out You're right, and uh, why why is it so dark?
Speaker 1: It just makes it look cinematic.
Speaker 2: Hmm okay, fair enough.
Speaker 1: Taker's pissed though, He's like, damn, I have to face hide in a right co.
Speaker 2: Did he goozles Hayman? You booking this? No, no, it's not anymore.
Speaker 1: It's not me.
Speaker 2: If you don't know take her face the Dudley's and if he didn't purposely lose they were going to cement like a concrete fucking uh what do you call it?
Speaker 1: Like they were going to kill Paul Bearer by burying him in a cement grave, right, and they do the ray Dudley was going to kill Paul Bear and.
Speaker 2: Then Undertaker like Undertaker.
Speaker 1: Kills him because he hates him.
Speaker 5: I've always wanted to do this, Dad, Dad, He mentions it here. He says, let by guns be by guns. I gave you a pass with the Paul Bear situation.
Speaker 2: What you get as what are you talking about? This doesn't make any sense? He says, I want you to witness what happens to those souls who think they can look into the eye of the dragon. And the contact is not for a match because heiden Reid can't work.
Speaker 1: A lot of people don't understand that was Undertaker easter Egg. He was trying to get Danielson to come in at that time.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: I will say, the idea of someone leaving WWE and then always dying on the way out to the Undertaker does sound pretty sweet. If the Dudley Boys are gonna go to TNA, their last deal on w W should be Undertaker killing them.
Speaker 2: Why the fuck not? Right? Like, and it should always be the concrete grave.
Speaker 1: It's not even a part of the fucking show. Like the show is going off the air. They had the main event, you know, it's it's Booker t versus Orlando Jordan for the nine time.
Speaker 2: Of course it is.
Speaker 1: And then they're like, okay, that's all the time we got here? What is that? And then as it's faded to black, you see the Dudley Boys in a cement grave.
Speaker 2: Dying an Undertakers standing there too. Of course, because you need doing the top on the ground with the tongue, he's doing the post.
Speaker 1: And what is that? Oh my god, Undertaker's killing the Doubling Boys.
Speaker 4: And next week on Tough enough, we'll see if you can. It's survived the concrete grave. I turn somebody eliminated.
Speaker 2: They have to get into the concrete. Crenagle's there and he's making sure the business are laughing.
Speaker 1: So we go backstage. Teddy Long is here trying to enjoy his time reading a SmackDown magazine.
Speaker 2: I mean, all the articles in that magazine are probably great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another price. Sweet. Eddie walks in and he says hey, man, and Teddy doesn't respond. He says, hey, hey, dude, Teddy, what do you want the fuck? Holy shit? Can I get ten fucking minutes here?
Speaker 2: All right? Well, I guess now that you're here, Eddie, you know what fucking raised on on your fucking team anymore? Okay?
Speaker 1: What? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What the fuck? Why?
Speaker 1: The whole deal with this situation is that Teddy Long came up with a way better match like ten seconds ago, and he said he's rocking this off.
Speaker 2: He tries to play like he tries to say that, oh, Eddie, like you picked your team like way faster than you should have. I already have ray booked what.
Speaker 1: He has ray booked and Ray didn't know it, which is classic WWE Right, you don't sign any contract deals, you just get put in matches.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking Teddy says sorry, man, like, yeah, Ray's aren't in the match. I made the match. I didn't know you're gonna pick your team. It's a four way. I even haven't had time to tell the participants who they are. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we needed a good opener to be to be very honest with you, Eddie, we just needed a good opener, like your match is probably you know we're you guys are edging on a cage match yellow. So we thought, fuck it, we'll take Ray out. Maybe they can get a cage match of Green on theirs. And here's what I was thinking. You can let me know, maybe you're you know, you come on something a little better. But I was thinking making Chava Guerrero, Billy Kidman, Spike Dudley, and Ray Mysterio. Cruise Waits says, uh oh that sounds great. That's good idea. Actually, So we cut to the ring. We see an arm wrestling table and we are told that we will see Don Marie versus Jackie Gata in an arm wrestling contest.
Speaker 2: They do call her miss Jackie, which I don't want to call her because miss Jackie is Jacqueline.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so this is jack.
Speaker 1: Actually didn't write miss Jackie down once here because yeah, yeah, miss Jackie.
Speaker 2: I wrote Jackie only. Yeah. I agree. So Michael Cole says, last week at the Halloween costume party, we all remember this, don Marie was in a nurse's outfit, but for other reasons? What the fuck does that mean? Probably the reasons one then, other than being a nurse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no shit, And the first thing don Marie says is I'm a nurse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Cole, I think you're lying. She's in the outfit for all the right reasons. She says, she's nursing Charlie back to health. So yeah, they're doing an angle where don Marie says she's fucking Charlie Haas, who is engaged to Jackie, and uh, Jackie comes out and kicks Don Marie's ass, and by the way, Charlie Hass is injured thanks to Billy Kidman.
Speaker 1: SmackDown is brought to you by Ace Combat five on the PS two.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: Actually, I can't say I'm a huge kind of sour of those games, but I've always held they're good and I think they're actually coming out with a new one here soon, so I might give it a shot. Why not.
Speaker 2: What kind of game is it?
Speaker 1: It's a pilot game.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, okay that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you fly planes and stuff. Yeah, ship, Yeah, one of those games. Maybe it's like Crimson Skies. I don't know if that game that's Xbox. That's Xbox.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's like a launch. Was that a launch?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was one of the early games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Ace Combat is super popular. I mean, I mean, making five of them even nuts. Yeah, I mean there's a lot more now. They got another one, and they got a pretty big reaction set. Maybe we can check it out eventually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, why not.
Speaker 1: We got the incredible sponsoring smack down here that gets over too.
Speaker 2: They make a few huge.
Speaker 1: Fucking movie Yeah fuck, I mean this movie is so popular.
Speaker 2: This is the first one too, right, yeah, the.
Speaker 1: Very first one. And Arm and Hammer. It's the box that your mom has in the back of the refrigerator.
Speaker 2: Which she did, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never really asked why or what. I just accepted that that's I have. I do too.
Speaker 1: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 2: And they said, well, this is apropos because they're gonna be using their arms for this fucking arm wrestling contest.
Speaker 1: And then we're gonna have them fly a plane.
Speaker 2: And then then we're gonna become superheroes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so lock in, we got a couple of cool weeks there.
Speaker 2: So Don Marie is introduced first here, and she comes out and says she likes to dedicate her victory to her Charlie, My Charlie, I love you, Charlie. And then there's I mean a really awkward pause because I'm assuming like the waiting for Michael Cole to introduce Jackie, but Don was just holding the mic and didn't really know what to do, and and Taz on commentary says, all right, now, where do we go from here? Don Marie, as Michael Cole's getting on of the ring, grabs a handful of Michael Cole's ass, and Taz is in the middle of a sentence and sobs himself and says, well, what the hell, oh my god, by golly, gee geez, what the hell. It's like fucking the worst thing Taz has ever seen in his life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this show started, by the way, with dudes eating pasta and milk and now we got the arm wrestling match here.
Speaker 2: Why didn't the tough enough guys do the arm wrestling.
Speaker 1: Well, the tough enough guys are going to be doing something even crazy. They were alone here in just a minute.
Speaker 2: Be in the airplanes. Yeah. So they're in the ring. They're setting up. They got the arm wrestling set. Is that what you call it? I guess like a little thing here, you know, which put your elbows.
Speaker 1: This is a regulation match sanctioned under the rules of.
Speaker 2: Arm wrestling, and the RAF tries to get them set, and I mean Jackie has her you know, elbow down down, dabs her up crazy like it makes a great sound, like.
Speaker 1: Pretty sweet dap. Yeah yeah sure, I mean really clamps that thing in there.
Speaker 2: So the arm wrestling begins and there's a little struggle. Jackie starts to win, and then down Marie does this Samo jokerd anglehead butt Jackie can and takes her out like full on head but I was like, holy fuck, Don jumps on her. Their cat fighting shit is going nuts hot angle here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Don Marie was in a cat fight every single week. I mean she's been doing a cat fight every single week since she was in.
Speaker 2: Eas w well, Charlie Haass is now limping down the ringside on crutches with a big ass boot on, and I'm like, Okay, this is gonna be this is a classic, right, They're gonna be cat fighting. Charlie Hoss will get in the ring, they'll roll over him, his leg will be hurting, and then they'll both tend to them. That's what I expected. What I did not expect was Hide and Rech to come out and beat the fuck out of Charlie.
Speaker 1: OK's I expect that.
Speaker 2: I knew.
Speaker 1: I knew that was gonna happen. Yeah, it was one of those deals. I just knew.
Speaker 2: So Hide Reich comes out, the girls are cat fighting on the floor. Now, how Doi comes out and knocks the crutch out of Hass's hand and punches him in the head. And the story here is that Hide and Reich thinks that this is the Undertaker? How is that possible?
Speaker 1: Very similar?
Speaker 2: Not like there's not one Like Undertaker should have been mad backstage at this comparison. There is not one similarity. They don't do one move, they don't have one similar feature, nothing in this world that you can compare the two of them as other than they're both on SmackDown. So hide Reich is beating the shit out of Charlie Haas. Jackie gets in the ring, and I mean, not only does she try to attack Hide and Reke, she slaps the shit out of him and he shoves her down. He's stomping out Charlie Haas's leg and Hayman comes down says, no, no, you're gonna John, You're gonna get fired. I don't think he was never John heiden Reich on this show. This is a super Hayman thing to just call him his shoot name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I don't know why he wasn't fucking John hiden Reich.
Speaker 2: I don't know either.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I don't understand. I don't understand anything that's happening here. You know, like he does this, he does that, he loses the Undertaker, So what point does he get over?
Speaker 2: He just has to get over enough that Undertaker can beat him when somebody cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well failed, Yeah he lives here. I'm a big chocolate bar now.
Speaker 2: Dude, bro, don't worry about that. That's fucking no problem. Hayman also is holding a straight jacket, which was a part of his gimmick because he's crazy, and he's so crazy that when this ends, Hide and Reich just grabs the straight jack and webs his face with it and kind of just walks out.
Speaker 1: Because he don't know what the gimmick is. What do you want to do with this?
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to do with this? Yeah? I mean this could This is getting no reaction, by the way. They couldn't even figure out how to dub this enough to make it sound like somebody cared. Hein Reich is beating the shareless guy, and Hayman saying, John, it's not Undertaker, it's Charlie Hass, and hein Reich says, Undertaker's he picks Moss up. This is the Undertaker, and then he picks him up, and I think he's gonna do a dominator. I'm like, oh, okay, dominator is pretty sweet. It's like a good move. He's a fucking shoulder breaker.
Speaker 1: Come on, Scott Norton style, Like come like, you're.
Speaker 2: Not Scott Norton, you never will be. Then he does the Taker pin on Hass and does the tongue and Hayman very audibly, John please, and heder Reg says Undertaker and Hayman, this is funny as shit, says Undertaker just out loud, pinning Charlie Haas, and Hayman off camera says, it's not Undertaker, it's Charlie has.
Speaker 1: Like I don't yeah, I sadly don't understand any of this. I also think that this is one of the deals where WWE like was rushing through stuff with guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean we even saw it a little bit earlier too. I mean even the dam Marie. Then we've taught about four but they would be loved doing stuff that they've done a hundred times. I mean they've done the arm wrestling thing five or a thousand times, so like you know, it's like do the arm wrestling thing and then fight and then we'll break it up. Da da da. They're not even trying to sell the thing anymore, like here with Hide and Reich, Like, I mean he assaulted Jackie.
Speaker 2: Gator dude, Yes he's down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially in two thousand and four where like super no contact and it's like you could have really sold this. Send out a bunch of people, try to protect her. He's hurting people, grab somebody and make him bleed. Have I mean, like how how easy would have been to sell this guy as a monster. You send out a bunch of cops and shit or security sure to like help and like he's decimating them. I mean, get him on top of him, beat the fuck out of him. You know, show show like a real shaky shot of like one of the security guys bleeding at the top of his head, like make him gig and like hiding Reich, you know, the guys trying to get away and hiding rights like stalking them down now, and that's how you get out of the scene and like that sells whatever this is. But instead it's just so fucking dumb. It's Paul Hayman going that's not undertaking Charlie has and hiding and right doing a shoulder breaker like fuck doing moves, fuck doing any of that ship getting the fuck out of dudes, right, Yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't even think about it until you said that. Nobody comes out to stop this at all.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. Like it was a deal where like we we they were skipping over everything just to get to like, Okay, we just need this to happen so we can get to this and show this in a package next week, Like we weren't even trying to sell like this was so creatively Like this was like void avoid creative input.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: It was just they wrote something down up piece of paper and said, yeah, just fucking finish it up. We'll get to the main.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean that's exactly what it was. And like we by the way, this is a month. This is a couple months after they already did the thing where hiding and Rek was on top of the smack down fist saying he was gonna jump off of it.
Speaker 1: Like in the characters like give him the chocolate bar and send it to heat. So recaps the tough Enough stuff from earlier. So much of this show as recaps.
Speaker 2: Good God, I know, dude, Like how could this have been for the live crowd? Like you think they cut a bunch of shit or was this like a you know, two hour in and out we're going home?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hell yeah. So Alis knows out here, he tells everybody that they can vote on who they think is tough enough. You can vote on wb dot com and they play the Papa Roach song and al goes down the list of guys and the crowd reacts accordingly. For some reason, Christener ROCKI told the crowd the fuck off immediately. I don't know why he did that.
Speaker 1: Chris O'rocky had his ribs tape.
Speaker 2: Dude, Okay, while I was looking up the Pewter stuff, I did see the thing you were talking about. Yeah, he his ribs were broken. Yeah, that's nuts. Well, when you know they're getting down to the end of that segment there and Tory Wilson comes out and Tory Wilson says, next week we're gonna have sex. So watch the beginning of SmackDown because Tory Wilson's gonna have sex.
Speaker 1: I was thinking as I was watching this, I was like, they should just let these guys shoot fight each other for a few minutes and they see's left standing, Why the fuck just send them to the ring and just have like a gauntlet, like one guy young, one guy out, just whoever's still standing whatever. Like I would have loved to see that, Like that's like the most two thousand and four era thing I've ever heard, is just a bunch of dudes go to the ring with their shirts off and beat each other up to the last guy's standing. I would have been like, Yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 2: They would have got way more over than how directed.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, it's good g ass. People are like, oh hell yeah right, people with the craw probably ripped their shirt off start fighting.
Speaker 2: No, instead, we're gonna do the Tory Wilson sex tests where may Young's involved.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think it's like they fake them out that the winner's gonna fuck Tory Wilson. Instead they get to make out with may Young.
Speaker 1: Dude, that shit was so fucking funny, and like it's funny because like it shouldn't have been. I don't think it was even supposed to be funny, like when they wrote it. He says here at the start of the show. Next week, every one of them will be taking the Tory Wilson sex test, Like not even subtle at all, Like I thought there was gonna be some subtlety humor to this at all. But I actually think that them being so uh front facing with it is actually the funniest thing I've ever fucking heard. Yeah, we're gonna do the Tory Wilson sex test next week. Who was to have sex with me? Like that is so.
Speaker 2: Fucking funny, the best fucker.
Speaker 1: It's like they thought about making a joke and they said, ah, fuck it, just say just say to toy Wilson sex tests. Tory Wilson legit stares down everyone after saying that they're gonna take the toy Wilson's sex test one by fucking one. What are the odds of this happening? One by one? Done? The list? The miss looks at her in the eyes. Six seven? What them? Fuck what? Tory Wilson should have gone the mic and said, no more sex? Yeah you, no more sex, You're done.
Speaker 2: Sorry, guys, he sucked it up for you all.
Speaker 1: They play a pre tape here where a big show comes out with the hair and uh, this ship, this ship kind of looks like my hair.
Speaker 2: I'm cook.
Speaker 1: Come on, so when it's time, when it's time, are you gonna shoot me with the body? My shirt off, take me out, kill me, kill me?
Speaker 2: No, dude. Instead, next week we're gonna see how good of a funker you are.
Speaker 1: Next week the deadline sex test.
Speaker 2: Okay, buddy, if you need me to fucking hit you with it, I mean, can't we just we can just go get you a haircut. I don't got a train kill me, No, don't, dude. It does have to go like that. We could just it does go like to a barber, like get you right?
Speaker 1: Oh way, we get the main event here, Booker T and Josh Matthews one T versus Jbol and Orlando Jordan.
Speaker 2: I mean a SmackDown main event anywhere. By the way, thankfully James huge match announced for next week. It's gonna be big show for Secret Angle in Corpus Christy Nice, yes ww's hometown.
Speaker 1: Booker T goes to do his tunt and his entrance and Josh Matthews is standing right where the fire would be and Booker throws him and says, do not die to the fire police.
Speaker 2: Dude, he legit grips someone the fuck out of the way. Man's trum you.
Speaker 1: Josh Matthews then does the Eric Young scared of the Pyro gimmick.
Speaker 2: Tremendous always works.
Speaker 1: I mean this, this whole thing always works. A guy that shouldn't be good at wrestling but is great trope when you sparingly just very good.
Speaker 2: They do say that he was an og tough enough finalist, and uh Tez says, well, I trained him along with Al Snow, so if he wins, I'll take credit for it. But for now, I'll say Al Snow trained him.
Speaker 1: So Booker and JBL start things off here. This is the WB title match at Survivors Series, and Booker is, yeah, he's bringing it to the champ. Here, JBL hits a running shoulder tackle from the buckle. I always love that.
Speaker 2: That's very two.
Speaker 1: Booker tags into Josh Matthews. Here. Matthews heads to the top and hits a flying cross body press to Orlando Jordan and a drop kick to JBL on the outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I mean some of that reaction may have actually been real. I bet people were excited to see the kid fucking you know, hit some shit on the Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it always works. Yeah, JBL's piss He runs into the ring. Here, Matthews tags back into Booker. T very good stuff. Here, JBL pushes Booker to the corner. He knocks Josh off the apron, but the ref counts that as a tag.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's right because Booker, I guess hits Josh and that, you know, any contact I guess is a tag.
Speaker 1: JBL throws Booker into the steps here, and Josh Matthews jumps on JBL's back to try to stop him. Oh my God, and JBL just slams him right on the ground.
Speaker 2: He flips him over his head so hard. The splat is like pretty gnarly.
Speaker 1: Orlando picks up Josh, he slaps him around and beals him across the ring. Here JBL comes in and beats up on Josh Matthews also.
Speaker 2: Dude, he I mean, JBL chops the shit out of his side. He clubs on the back. He They keep bumping Booker off the apron because he's, you know, trying to struggle to get up. I mean, he kicks the He kicks Josh so hard in the back.
Speaker 1: Here Orlando hits a punch combo on Josh, but Booker finally gets him up and takes him down. Ye, Booker gets the hot tag. Here comes in hits two back body drops. Booker goes for a line in the corner, but JBL ducks and hits the ropes just for the clothesline from hell. But Booker grabs him into the book end. That was hot, hits the book end. Yeah that is awesome.
Speaker 2: I love that. Yeah that was cool because I was like I was ged up for the close off from hell because I love to take the buckle and then fucking hit the ropes. That's shit. I know, you fucking love that. Yeah, and like right into the book end is very cool. He hits a book in Orlando too.
Speaker 1: Orlando comes in and Booker also hits him with the bookend. Like you said, Booker sends jbl out of the ring and then hits the ax kick on Orlando to pick up the win, very dominating win here for Booker going into Survivor series.
Speaker 2: I mean, Booker looks great, man. I mean, you know, we we can't talk about it enough on this show, how much we how highly we think of Booker T's work, especially you know w CW to fucking I mean, we love this teenage shit too, really, so uh, he looks great here. Ye. You know, crowd's always into Booker T. I don't know if I've ever seen Booker T not come out to a reaction. You know, totally totally makes sense that he'd be in a top angle here, I do. I will say though I was expecting a very WWE outcome of Josh Matthews getting the pin.
Speaker 1: That would have been funny, but I think they had a game plan here for Booker, and thank god, thank god. Then that's what they ended up going with here and it was the right Orlando Jordan, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Booker, you know, getting to win is a lot makes a lot more sense. And Booker, you know, he tries to help Josh up at the end here, and Josh is dead weight, and eventually Booker just says off, fuck it and goes to the corner and celebrates for himself and that's the end of the show there. Yeah, that's uh, I mean, this is I mean a very two thousand and four SmackDown is really the best way to describe this. There's nothing like super offensive, but nothing that's like, man, they were really cooking here, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just a middle of the street SmackDown for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know, the guys that are over are over because they've been over, and the guys that they want to get over are not getting over.
Speaker 1: Yeah weird, you're competing with Halo too, Now win over. Y'all better do something every week. Crazy.
Speaker 2: Well, that is it for our retro review, and now it's time for the main event.
Speaker 1: Who wants to read some fucking names?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Now it's time for the main event, the Patreon shoutouts segment.
Speaker 2: Whoo yippie.
Speaker 1: Yes. This is a segment where we read the name from the Patreon.
Speaker 2: Yes, new people sign up and new people get introduced to you. They get added to the.
Speaker 1: Roster, starting in the five dollars tier, Virgil Angelo, Jimmy Schnook. Oh wow, Austin Kessler, reverb esthetic based Shell eleven cat poo mugoo.
Speaker 2: That's nasty, that's nasty.
Speaker 1: Shout out doodoo man. I put that here.
Speaker 2: Man and Tommy Thomason like two. They should be in the Hall of Fame, John the Robot four, What happened to the other three?
Speaker 1: Cody, Dick McNutt yeah, nymphty Nymphterson okay, fo to Dick, dine and dash out. Now for the engaged dickhead.
Speaker 2: What's fucking wrong with you?
Speaker 1: Nazim Jay n Z Yeah, depressed Dipper with the little shitty hog O man, it's probably cool, dude, don't worry about it. I l Y Bentley, Jacob ten Dollarsier, Lee Brennan, Riley Bourne, Danny Basham killing Nigel McGinnis.
Speaker 2: To fucking kill his career with a bad match.
Speaker 1: Probably I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did watch it. Made that one.
Speaker 1: Jared Tonsfeldt Cassius j James Finna watched the two K twenty six roster reveal like he's Brian from Family Guy. In the episode they all go to the Teen Choice Awards.
Speaker 2: James always, I mean like this, I'm glad people pay attention, Like James notorious for sitting down and watching the two K roster reveals every year and like talking about them, and like, I'm glad that people like know that, right, and you love to and they love you.
Speaker 1: Kyle Cassie, she deadlock on my Johnny to I Chase Oh Richards.
Speaker 2: Getting the fuck out of my ears? What the fuck? Okay?
Speaker 1: Sorry? Follow me on Twitch. I'm here to eat ass and cheot bubble gum and Johnny, this is my last piece of bubble gum. Holler if you're hear me. Aramis Fernandez, Arthur Gracia Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup. You know, when it's a cold day outside, you just want some Campbell's Chicken noodle suit.
Speaker 2: Pop that top, real quick, bitch.
Speaker 1: James Chambers Silent, silky Dames Jarnell Dave's Jarnell Slade saw nine cops go to my eighty seven year old grandma's house, walking talking, and pointing like Jim Ross. No, it was M William Evans, Andrew B.
Speaker 2: Cucumber in debum, don't fucking put that there, Joshua Francisco Urgels. You have too many names, Diego a Luna. Yeah, see, you guys have too many names.
Speaker 1: Raf John Zanding, Tyler, Conklin, Grotesperado, Oh Walt Clevenger kid got sent to the principal's office for claiming his uncle is Superman. The next day, Henry Caville showed up to beat him.
Speaker 2: Dude, Okay, I was like waiting for.
Speaker 1: Dude's got Chase richardson PTSD, I fucking do sin Andrew Harrington, Johnny become a butch lesbian.
Speaker 2: Now that a sentence.
Speaker 1: Two separate names, Okay, it just happened to be back to back, yeah, chatterer. If Johnny was a wrestler, his finisher would be a choke slam, but instead of his hand around the neck, it be around his opponents.
Speaker 2: There's nothing his opponent's waist a good yeah, forehead.
Speaker 1: Around his opponent's hand, so he's like holding hands and then he goes to old school.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what about ankles? And then I do the ankle lock.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. C. M. Taylor, Yeah, something stupid seven the Goat, Bond, Clay Dickhead, Jumbo Slim, Elheo de Gizmo, Elgatto, Lucca Librador.
Speaker 2: Wow, you that could have been a disaster and you fucking got there. That's great.
Speaker 1: Zach Johnson, Jonathan Williams, Jake Salazar, Brady Wattling, Elijah Harmer, Cheeseball Rules, I love Daniel Putnick, mister pink Gardener Minshew who are playing with the Alaskan bullworm apartment Timothy the middle name Johnson.
Speaker 2: That's almost as like it's a dick the cock John's in like form and he just didn't fill it out.
Speaker 1: Lachlan McAllister Jaxter, Jordan Bargels, Baby Palpatine, Right, Mattia Piccolo chun Lee's.
Speaker 2: Thigh meet, grow up, d.
Speaker 1: Bethany Biggs, Hello, Mark Blackburn, Exterior Baits Gone Gone, the form of Man rise the Demon Linda Man also go birds, fuck the Panthers. I love you, Johnny, fuck you, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wow, things are business British just picking up. I'm wagging my finger as I fucking walk into your house and get the fuck out of you.
Speaker 1: Donnie Phillips, Gray Dan Wizzanowski, Missing Stafford, KMF Center Prizes, whoa Bryce fifteen dollars Tier Joey Wrestling eighty six, Ryan Foster. There he is stud Muffin sixty nine. Nice, Hey guys, it's me the dog. What am I doing being taken to hell? No?
Speaker 2: Wow? Fifteen dollars here? You know, I fuck with the fifteen dollars tier heavy? Those are those are some big dippers in that one.
Speaker 1: I like that one hundred and tweet dollars annual. Jamie Movado and still the champion of the Patreon sixty nine ninety five Sour Smarties hopes everyone stays safe during this winter storm.
Speaker 2: Top guy, Sour Smarties, I mean hard work pays off right, Sour Smarties pulling you know, a curtain jerkin for for months now, main event of the show, Like that's what fucking perseverance and hard work does. And now he's the champion of the odd SMA yes, yes, yes, yes, well, thank you all for signing up for the Patreon rod. Thus for everybody on this some bitch keep signing up Patreon dot com slash Deadlock PW and we will see you next week for another edition of the dead Block podcast