Speaker 1: Hey listen, Commander Who Go Podcast episode four seventy four on Brand Home. Here's Ryan and we're gonna do some wacky race and now our theme song. Hey Ryan, We're back for yet another whirlwind adventure. How you doing good? What is going down? The whole ton is going down? Or back for a very exciting adventure in magic Land. It's the very first Ryan original deck that we have done on the show since moving into the damn studio. And I actually think for quite a while before that as well. I think so, and we're gonna We're gonna do that. It's gonna be super fun. We got some stories to tell, some people to thank. Before we get to any of that kind of stuff, we do have to acknowledge our amazing business daddies. Fusion Gaming Online dot Com are your source for all your gaming needs as well as Pilot Bones Brewing Co. They are the second coolest thing to come out of Regina, as well as being the official beer sponsor for c CEO. Side Walks Slam Season three being recorded very soon to air on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Very excited about Sidewalkslam. It's gonna be a ton of fun. We've got some great guests, We're gonna have some post games. We're gonna have some some stuff that we've never done before on the show.
Speaker 1: Yea. And that includes having Thomas on. We've been trying to He's literally been sitting over there reading a shampoo bottle since we tried to have him on last time, just waiting and the time before, just waiting, chomping at the bit. I can't wait to be on the show.
Speaker 3: So that's it.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 2: You heard Producer Gary and their big things to Producer Gary and the dufferent Avi Media Network.
Speaker 3: Studio Studio, Studio studio.
Speaker 1: M hm.
Speaker 2: So we're here, we're doing my deck and you know what's cool about this deck that we're doing.
Speaker 1: It has one hundred and fourteen cards in it. Is that it? No?
Speaker 3: But I'll tell you about that in a minute.
Speaker 2: Okay, what what had happened was I orders the cards from Fusion Gaming online dot com?
Speaker 1: Did you pay full price for them? Right? Did not? What? How did you get away? So at checkout? I used you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I sped away in my vehicle. Ooh, that's a hint.
Speaker 2: At checkout I entered in CCO Holiday. You'd see the promo code right on the TV if you're watching on YouTube what you should be.
Speaker 3: And they arrived.
Speaker 2: I got an email right before we started recording the show today that they arrived today. And it's funny because I went and played the deck yesterday at DH and M with fourteen filler cards that I that I did actually like intend to put in the deck, but I put a bunch in just so I can go and play it right, And it turned out that a bunch of them are good. So I don't know if I want to cut some of them or if you can help me with that, or if I should put in the like the stuff that I ordered, or should I just kind of cycle through through the stuff that I ordered until I find like what the best combination of stuff is.
Speaker 1: Got them? Got them? Yeah, always trust your first instant.
Speaker 3: Cut the whole deck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, don't cut the whole deck. Just cut the cards that weren't supposed to be there, and play the ones that were supposed to be there, and then if you were underwhelmed by their performance, you already have some easy replacements, already.
Speaker 2: Ready, already, already, already already, that's right, yes, okay, Well, what.
Speaker 3: We're doing is brea ethereum sculptor.
Speaker 2: Oh no, so now before you turn the show off, before you turn the show off, because we're doing one of the most popular commanders of all time.
Speaker 3: Know this.
Speaker 1: The nation helped me pick this, so it's their fault a B.
Speaker 2: It's vehicle deck and vehicles are very quickly over the last year of my magic playing career becoming like my go to favorite strategy thing. You like, Oh, yeah, I think that they're so fun I think that they're so funny. Like I can say, oh, I'm gonna tap my treasure mage guy and he's gonna jump in a clown car and then I'm gonna use the clown.
Speaker 1: Car to creue this spaceship, and it's just it's goofy. Why aren't you playing clown car?
Speaker 2: I cut a clown car a couple reasons. I didn't want an X because I didn't know where it was gonna fit most usually into my curve. I didn't want to have a whole bunch of dice, and and I know I just said vehicles are goofy, and clown car is my example. Yeah, it's a little bit too goofy, and I don't really like on cards, but it's it's I know, I know.
Speaker 1: You're even playing a card that costs like more manna to do that does kind of the same thing, so weird bonus points if you can guess what that card is.
Speaker 3: Hey, let us know in the comments below.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I said though a minute ago, was the Nation helped me pick this they when I went into our our jank deck building threat on our discord, which you can get into if you want to become a Patreon supporter.
Speaker 1: Patreon dot com slash ccopod podcast. A little bit goes a long way, keeps the show going and keeps us going to events like Vegas and Atlanta, Yeah and Edmonton up and Saskatoon.
Speaker 2: Yes, Saskatoon events coming up next weekend, this weekend coming all right, because it's the future right in the past. Yes, yes, because Chronology continues to move forward very much so, so if you want to help support the show, if you want to get into the discord, if you want to get an invite to sidewalk Slam, all of our guests are our supporters on Patreon dot com slash socio podcast.
Speaker 1: Yes, so we appreciate you.
Speaker 3: The most pot show seven out of ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: But the patrons are also going to get first access at the kickstarter and merch stuff that we talked about last week.
Speaker 1: More on that to come in in the coming weeks. Yeah. Oh, I have something to show you on that I forgot neat. Yeah, is it?
Speaker 2: And we got some feedback before we even asked for it.
Speaker 1: Oh fun, Yeah, yes, I'll tell you. Does it have anything to do with dinosaurs? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Kind of, kind of kind of. So we've got a Braya deck.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna give her a ready, and.
Speaker 2: Then I would like to go through the decks sort of quickly so we can talk about my experience.
Speaker 1: With it so far and the potential cuts. Sure. Okay, So Breya Ethereum Sculptor Shaper. What do I say, sculptor?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was reading Ethereum Sculptor the card, yes, which is right next to it. Yes, Breya Ethereum Shaper white, blue, black, red four four legendary artifact creature.
Speaker 1: Human just a human, She's not human.
Speaker 2: When Brea Ethereum Shaper enters a battlefield, create two one one blue thopter artifact creature tokens with flying Sure. Very important that they are creatures because they can crew my vehicles. Yes, so when you cast Brea, you can crew all the way up to six power it's pretty good or sorry six crew, and then you can pay two, sack two artifacts, choose one. She's gonna deal three damage to a player or planes walker target Cregic gets minus four minutes four until an a turn or I gain five life.
Speaker 1: Sure sure, why not? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I can very definitely see me reaching the end of the game by saying, okay, sack two vehicles, sack two vehicle, sack two cybermen like take nine after I hit you for a bunch, like when I attack, that's fine. And I can also see like sack two things that don't really matter, like two manor rocks late game to give your guy minus four minus four to get like the last blocker out of the way, right, Like, I guess this is nothing new.
Speaker 1: This is what Brea does. She does the Braa thing, and when you play it in an artifact deck with this one kind of is yep. She can do the Braa thing efficiently.
Speaker 2: Very specifically though, no combos, which Brea is wont to do with that first three damage thing where you just cycle through infinite man of infinite artifacts to deal infinite three damages. Not doing that very specifically smart, so my first thing, like my first inflated category manner ros.
Speaker 1: Let me do these ones, and we're gonna see if the nation because they can can identify a pattern here.
Speaker 3: Just watch out for this one because it doesn't fit the pattern.
Speaker 1: Well, that's because you added it while I was doing the intro, and I watched you do it, and I know why you did it, because you knew I was gonna dunk on you. So here's what we have we have. Skipping over this third one, we have arcane signet Boros, signet Ethereum Sculptor, foundry inspector, Guardian Idol, iron mirror is it Signet max opal or Azov signet Ractose, Signet's all ring talisman of creativity and hierarchy and indulgence, and the iron Crag.
Speaker 2: Now, if I had to trend those in any particular way, I would say that ni all of them are two drop mannerrocs.
Speaker 1: No three drop mannarrocks, as we say, except for the foundery Inspector, which I didn't say you did, Actually actually I did. Yeah, I was going really fast, damn it, s I know I'm going. I did only one breath though. That's pretty good. That's pretty good. That's all right. Man, you got a big, big throat, all that breath when you're reading things out loud off of a piece of paper, Like, yeah, it's not like I could ever do that professionally, right. Yeah, we'll talk about why that's a thing on the next.
Speaker 2: Show, yes, or in person after the event, at the CEO after party after after.
Speaker 1: I've had a few drinks at Birmingham.
Speaker 2: The tour stop Saskatoon, January eighteen. Be there, be square, correct, Okay, so.
Speaker 1: Actually just be there, even if you are square, just be there. All shapes are welcome the nation. Thank you for the nation. That's producer Gary Clutchman accounts. Yeah. Yeah, So we've got like all these two drop mann Rocks, the ad Mana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And specifically I was like, man, I just need signets and talismans because probably I want to cast Brea on turn four and also I don't want every land in deck to come into play tapped. So I was like, I'm gonna put all these two drops in, but things like the Iron Crag and mox Opal are coming out once I get my cards in the mail, Like, I don't need fifteen Mani ros and then three vehicles that give me four vehicles that.
Speaker 3: Give me treasures.
Speaker 2: I don't need almost twenty cards in my deck providing me with more mana when like the average converted manna cost.
Speaker 3: Of the deck is quite low.
Speaker 1: I don't remember where to look at. It's probably around three. I would guess, well, with all the two drop manarrocks, it's quite low.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's yeah, it's quite low.
Speaker 1: Anyways, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's low.
Speaker 2: So I'm probably gonna cut two or three of those, the Iron Crag and the mox Opal for sure, and then I'll probably just crunch the numbers on like how many reds, how many whites, how many blues do I need? And I'll cut what do you think, talismans or signets accordingly, which do you prefer?
Speaker 1: I like the signets more than the talismans because I don't play a lot of a lot of life game and those one damages add up. Get your chipens when you're chipensing yourself when you don't have to. I find often will like how often have you been at the game. You're like, fuck, I'm gonna lose to exactities because you attacked me with a six to six and I would have nine had I not played a spell like you know what I mean, I don't know. It's not like to add up super lots. But especially because you're gonna tell the story about a pretty grindy game that you were in with this deck yeap, where if you were tapping a talisman every turn for colored manna could put you in a very difficult position.
Speaker 2: Very specifically, I did have one talisman and two signets in this grindy game. It was almost three hours. It was two hours and two and a half hours so long, and it was against Muldrotha with a spore frog and glacial glacial chasm, and I just couldn't get in consistently. And when I did get in, when when he had the glacial chasm in the spore frog, it was like after a wrath, so I could hit him for like four or five. And then he had also uh a haywire might that could exile one of my vehicles. He got my not alloid ship, which would have removed his graveyard for the second time, but also the haywire might. When he got it back with his mouldroth, he gained two life after it died, right, so he.
Speaker 3: Kept gaining the life back.
Speaker 2: I had wrath of God to try and get everything and then attack them with vehicles after my wrath, and then he'd gained his life back over the next few turns.
Speaker 3: So yeah, quite grindy.
Speaker 1: It's almost like there's a really cool vehicle that you're not playing that definitely, Rex Graveyard's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Oh is it unlicensed?
Speaker 2: Urse?
Speaker 1: It is unlicensed? Terse, I'm playing it? Are you very Definitely? I missed that one. Well you didn't. That's not an oversight. You're very good at this.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you were judging me. Take it all on the internet.
Speaker 1: I was even on the internet, but I was wrong, and I apologize.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, before we get into vehicles, because there is quite a bit and there are some cuts that need to be made.
Speaker 1: I I got instead of making cuts, I had questions.
Speaker 2: About how to cut sure, Okay, before we get that, Well, let's do.
Speaker 1: These ones because there's some things here. Okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've got my one Lord of the Rings card that I need to play in every deck.
Speaker 1: I was going to ask that, yes, say it's cast.
Speaker 3: Into the Fire. I love the art on it.
Speaker 2: It's an instant red one choose one cast into the Fire deals one damage to each of up to two target creatures. It gets manner dorks early, or I can exile target artifact. Fine, sure, yes, fine, it's fine. It could be a different card though, whatever. I've got a dispatch which is tap a creature, or if I control three or more artifacts, which I will, it's exile that creature.
Speaker 1: That's great, So it's better path in that particular situation.
Speaker 2: Yep, Divine reckoning. This was actually a Superstar. In the deck White White two, each player chooses a creature they control destroy the rest. So I would choose one guy and then none of my vehicles are creatures. I use my one guy to crew my vehicle and then go to town. Yes, Marshall, coup another superstar White White X, create X White Soldier creature tokens if X is five or more, destroy all other creatures. Those guys can then be used to crew vehicles vehicles and then classic Wrath of God and that just kills guys. Yes, man, this is the one. This is the sweeper that I'm like. It doesn't do anything extra for my strategy, doesn't need to be there.
Speaker 1: No in this deck, in this type of deck especially, I would and they cost a little more man of wise, but I would look at something like a descend upon to descend upon the sinful. Specifically, it's white white four exiles all creatures, white white four. And you think it's so many manners. But when it's a one sided wrath for you that leaves you with a four to four that flies and cruise vehicles, it's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It's a creature.
Speaker 1: It gives you a creature. Afterwards, it eradicates all the dudes, and it gives you a dude.
Speaker 2: Yes, I know that card that's from Avison. We're born right, abson from an innocent.
Speaker 1: I have that card. It's good. You should I have that.
Speaker 3: I think gets in my jank like trade in bulk.
Speaker 1: Box, because when all of your big beefy beaters are not gonna get caught up and there's ridiculous exile sweepers, that's the point of vehicles. Those are the ones you play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so I'll look into that one, right.
Speaker 1: Sure, because those are those are freaking good. Okay, So this is what I'm gonna do. And it eradicates the spore frogs and the whatevers of the world, right like, it gets rid of their stupid crap. Use it now or forever? GoF Could I use despairwell get rid of graveyards? Yes? Does it?
Speaker 3: I don't think it does.
Speaker 1: Fawe of graveyards. I'm asking Garrett.
Speaker 3: Gary doesn't know.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm gonna do, though, I'm gonna minus this Wrath of God. I'm gonna take it out of the deck. So now I got ninety nine cards in the deck. We're gonna continue doing that until for a while at least.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. Okay, let's go onto the.
Speaker 2: Next, Iron Craig, because you know what, I just got the email notification the cards are waiting for me at my house, and get rid of them. Iron Craig gone, I don't want to be that guy that drops turn one mox Opal into soul ring into signet.
Speaker 1: I do.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna exit that and there goes two hundred dollars out of my budget.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: So we are sitting at ninety seven cards. Hey, we're making out like bandits.
Speaker 1: We're doing it.
Speaker 2: Okay, next five cards here, These are the support cards, Extra support cards, extra support we got wake the Past. It's a seven drop returnal artifacts from your gravor to the battlefield. They gain haste until end of turn.
Speaker 1: That's an incredible beater in this deck. And I know that, having never seen this deck in action, I know that that's what that does.
Speaker 2: All my vehicles come back, they all get haste. I just go to town. Yes, I've got an unwinding clock. This isn't actually that good. It's one of the extras. It untaps all your artifacts during each player's up up keeper or whatever. Right, it gives my vehicles haste. It makes me be able to crew every turn if I need blockers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm taking it out. Yeah, that's fuck it. It cost thirteen bucks. Also, yeah, get that out of it.
Speaker 2: One last job. Yeah, I'm not gonna say what kind of job either.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: This is a Spree card. This is brand new from Cowboy hat set. It's white two sorcery got spree so you can pay extra into it and you go extra two return creature from graveyard to battlefield. Sure, so that gets my brayer back or some some creature back, right, pay an extra one return a vehicle from your graveyard to the battlefield. A pay one extra return it aura or equipment. But I don't got any, So it gets me a creature and it gets me a vehicle back sure for for seven, no for three, four, five, six six, because I don't I don't do the last spree right. And then I've got a start your engines and an armed and armored and those just auto crew your whole team like oh yeah.
Speaker 3: Yes, and start your engines.
Speaker 1: Actually gives all your vehicles plus two plus. Oh.
Speaker 3: This is like overrun in the deck where people are like, oh, you just causs wrath of God.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm like, bro, that was to get rid of your blockers. I'm gonna start my engines take twenty five. Yeah, so all of those are probably staying.
Speaker 1: In as they should. Yeah, those are one last job. I don't know. I don't really like those free cards that much, but that's you.
Speaker 2: Know what I thought, it's a two for one, Like I can turn one of my cards into two of my cards, So I thought that's kind of that's card advantage. And probably if something's in my graveyard, somebody wanted it dead or I flinged it there.
Speaker 1: Flinged, I flung it, flang it flang it fling. Yeah. Yeah, let's talk about these dudes. There's just like a you have all these like some random dudes, really uncreative custom category names, I must say, and then this this creature, this category, his name is creature. I blame architect for being uncreative. Okay, they start at the bottom.
Speaker 3: They do data, not creativity.
Speaker 1: Well they should do both. Let's start at the bottom, because that's creative. It's treasure made. Search for a six drop or bigger artifact. What's the one that you find. We're gonna get to that. Yes, a big, a big vehicle that stomps you dink into the dirt stram scene. Your artificer cast a vehicle, draw card, Shoe Young the silent tempest, cast a non creature, pay boros boros. Target creature gets double strike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you cast a vehicle to give another vehicle double strike, and then you use him to crew a vehicle you could he's got three power for three mana right, Yeah, and then you okay, that checks out.
Speaker 3: It checks out.
Speaker 2: And he actually got me all the way up to exact seas to kill matt Out.
Speaker 1: Very happy about that. Yeah, all right, next card, I assume you threw this in here for sentimental reasons. It's rebecc but also very good. Give it a read, Give it a read you want me to read it.
Speaker 2: Producer Gary's just switching all over the place. Editor Joe's probably losing his mind.
Speaker 1: All right, Rebecca. Artifact Architect of Ascension is a three four for white three legendary creature human artifacter that says artifacts you control have protection from each converted man at cost among artifacts you control. So if you have a one drop two drop, three dropping four drop artifact, they have protection from one two, three and.
Speaker 3: Four converted man a cost.
Speaker 1: Yes, that card is actually very powerful, it is. Yeah, I'm surprised you don't see it more often. Index that play artifacts that all just don't cost two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well I've got artifacts that costs two, three, four, five six.
Speaker 1: It's eight. I don't think any sevens though, No sevens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not protected from spine.
Speaker 2: Of ish zo okay, loadstone gold and this is another one that I had non artifact spells cost one more to cast.
Speaker 1: Got it, cut it, got it. It's pretty good you have with your cutting stuff. Just cut that one.
Speaker 2: It's got five powerful four mana cut it, cut it, okay, all right, you're the boss cutting I am.
Speaker 1: I'm very good at it.
Speaker 2: Joyra Weather like Captain cast a historic spell like I don't know a vehicle draw cards.
Speaker 1: That's pretty good. Probably not cut that.
Speaker 3: One, oh imcre what did you call them?
Speaker 2: Dink smear iron beater, dink smear iron beater affinity for artifacts. So he costs black red five to five demon demon. If he was from SoCal, I shall, yeah, you shall from Socale Demon And when he enters the battlefield, you draw X and lose X, where x is half the number of artifacts you control. So usually, like the couple times I've cast him so far, it's like anywhere between four and six is how much I draw.
Speaker 1: That's a good number.
Speaker 2: Two mana and then I can go red three second artifact and he deals damage equal to its man of value to any target.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: I did sixteen with him one turn.
Speaker 1: Neat is good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that, yep ether sworn cannonist. I actually like this one.
Speaker 2: Anybody who cast a non artifact spell can't cast an additional one, so it slows people.
Speaker 1: Down unless you play one not artifact thing each turn.
Speaker 3: But everything on my deck except for like four cards is artifact.
Speaker 1: Yes, do I keep this.
Speaker 2: It's two power for two mana and that's important with crewing because I don't want to pay four mana for a one one to get a good effect.
Speaker 1: My initial thought when I was going through the deck was I noticed that you weren't. Lots of people are probably sitting out there thinking we're all the pilots. The pilots are in the maybe board, which are in the envelope, which are in the mail at Ryan's house right now. And I assume that ethersworn cannonist was put in there because you didn't have the stuff in that column there that we'll get to in a bit, And so I would say you probably dropped that one to play a pilot that's more thematic to the deck, even though it might not be as powerful a control piece. Hmm.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm not trying to control. I'm trying to drive over your dink. See okay, smart de paul a pilot exemple. Are we got a pilot, there's a pilot other dwarves and vehicles you control, get plus one cool and whenever she becomes tapped like I don't know when your crew vehicle, you can pay X look at the top X of your library.
Speaker 1: Put all vehicles, all freaking.
Speaker 2: Vehicles into your hand, and dwarfs Uh, yeah, I don't got any other dwarves.
Speaker 1: You should play more dwarves. I just gonna play vehicles. Actually, some of the stuff I ordered as dwarfs because I don't want to say that there are seven specific dwarves that you could play that would crew very well, yes, but there are they could crew my careening mind cart that's right.
Speaker 3: Oh man, what a great sentence.
Speaker 1: My vehicles there so fun crew my career.
Speaker 2: And you said you'll quit when Disney takes over. Okay, Alibu Ancient Witness last one. Artifacts you control have haste very important. And whenever one or more artifact creatures you control attacks Alibu Ancient, when it deals x damage to any target and you scry x or x is the number of tapped artifacts you control.
Speaker 1: So many words on that card. It's pretty good.
Speaker 2: I can attack with one guy and he's gonna scry x and dx damage and it's just like for all my tapped artifacts, I'll just be like, oh, in response, I'll just crew all my vehicles with all my vehicles, so they're all tapped.
Speaker 1: Correct. Yeah, So that one, that one's just a card advantage like house. Yes. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So now now we're moving on to the vehicle the car lot, if you will, We're gonna take this been through where I can't think of anywhere there have a motors like.
Speaker 1: Talladega Motor Speedway. Well, that's a real place. It's like a magic place. Like ah Abricadabra Express Motors. That's the first frickin' yes, the Abrica Dabor. Yes. Well, when we'd go.
Speaker 2: To ether Drift like, that's that's what inspired me to like get on the horse and actually do this, because we're gonna be getting a whole bunch of new vehicle and vehicle exclusive stuff like in the racing themed set.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we've got aridera Express. This is a five drop eight eight with Menace crew four. I'm gonna go through kind of fast on the sure Bowmatt Bizarre Barge Etb's draw card five to five crew three for four, careening mine cards A three three for three, three for three. When it attacks, mind you, you get a treasure crew for one crew for one. This one's really good.
Speaker 1: It's a three drop manner rock.
Speaker 2: It is a three drop manner rock and I can actually crew it with a thopter that Brea gave me.
Speaker 1: Are they three ones? It's one one.
Speaker 2: It's one one, but it CRUs for one, so it's good. Nah, your mother is a colossal plow. This is a six to three crew six for two and make a weird numbers on here. But when it attacks, you get white wet white.
Speaker 1: And game three life and mana doesn't empty cut that.
Speaker 3: But it's colossal plow.
Speaker 1: It's fun to say, but it's fun to cast against.
Speaker 3: Uncle Brando, got it? Uh, Cultivator's caravan. This is the five to five manic rock through.
Speaker 1: The vehicle cyber ships. That's so good.
Speaker 2: That's why I needed your cyberman tokens. It's an eight eight for six. I think this is one of the biggest ones. It flies, and when it deals combat damage to a player, I put your top two cards face down under my control.
Speaker 1: Their cybermen. Yeah, yes, that's a double good thing. It's it's a huge beater that flies, that turns into twelve power next takes their cards away from them, turns them into dudes that can crew the ship crudes, yes.
Speaker 2: Yes, crewing dudes, yes, yes, okay. Demolition stomper ten to seven crew five can't be blocked by little guys, can't be blocked by chumpers.
Speaker 3: Hoarde hauler. This is one that you don't like.
Speaker 1: I don't like this one.
Speaker 3: Do you think I have enough acceleration in here that I don't need?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: You think so.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's a.
Speaker 2: Five point five trample crew. Three attacks, uh no deals, combat damage to a.
Speaker 1: Player, make a treasure for each artifact they control. I think it's good. It is when you read the card, it's very good.
Speaker 3: What if they control the artifacts when.
Speaker 1: You play the card? What you're gonna run This is what I run into all the time, because I played in Bellow and I've resolved it lots of times. Is what you're gonna you Usually what I run into is you got buddy over here who's got nothing going on that you can just easily slap the shit out of him. Yes, he has no artifacts, That's why he doesn't have anything, so hitting him doesn't net us anything except for he has less life, yes, but like you could probably hit him for more with a bigger vehicle. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then the other guy, he'll have like enough blockers that he won't block it, or maybe he can't block it either, but he's got maybe one artifact, So it's like, Okay, I'm gonna get one treasure for doing that. But the guy that has the sel ring and the three treasure tokens and the two equipments and whatever whatever, you're not getting in at him in a million years with a five five in's a million years.
Speaker 3: He's got an indestructible blocker that's like a six eight.
Speaker 1: He's got a first strike death toucher that's just gonna own it right away, man. Really yeah, And I've found that in most cases, I mean, that's all like hyperboleague, because that's only what I've seen, but like hyperbolic, hyperbolic. That's but that's what I've run into with this card in virtually every situation that I've had one, Well, you know what I'd say to that, Wow, frick yeah, cut it, play that truck. Cut it? What's that truck I told you to play? I don't know, I don't know if it's that good. No gigantic truck. It's like a four to four for four, yes, vehicle crew for two yes, oh god. When it attacks, you put two plus one plus one counters on another creature. So you swing in a body who has no stuff, like I hold your bone, and then you can either make your little thopter guy that you're using to crew vehicles, Yes, bigger so we can crew better vehicles. Yes, Or you make your other vehicle that's attacking, say your horde hauler. Now it's a seven to seven with trample, and now you are gonna get in and get some treasures.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, I don't know if I need to make my other guys bigger, because all of the things that are pilot inclusive, say make token can crude like two bigger, or all your vehicles have crew two. Those are the cards that I'm waiting on. I don't know if my guys need to Of course, bigger is always better. I don't need to tell you that.
Speaker 1: That's right. Make your vehicles bigger, so you're staying.
Speaker 3: Actually, cut hord hauler.
Speaker 1: I would cut it, got it, got it gone, gone, got it here all right? Else we got.
Speaker 3: Oh night, Paladin. That's that's a good one. It's a six to.
Speaker 1: Six crew fucking one baby.
Speaker 2: And when at ETVS, it deals four damage to each opponent, so it's getting its guy right downside?
Speaker 3: Is it costs five?
Speaker 2: But I'm fine with a six to six trampler for five that deals four on e TVs. Yeah, I kill I hit one guy with it and they take ten correct total.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. I like that one. Okay, luxurious, look the motive. I like this one six.
Speaker 3: Five Crew one. Yeah, Maddy, that crew one.
Speaker 2: Is so important with the thopters from Brea. Yes, because you get two of them. You can even chump one and crew with one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So when it attacks mind you win into tax You get a treasure token for each creature that crewed it, probably one, but I'll remind you that I get two thoptors and both those.
Speaker 3: Puppies can jump into the same time treasures.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wait, hold on a second, activate only once each turn? Oh, I can't activate like and then crew it again, then crew it again, cre again. Yes, so I can only freaking crew it once crew it ones. But I can cru it with two guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, or ten guys yes?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 2: Okay, good card here too, I think underrated gym and vehicle decks.
Speaker 3: This is magmatic gallleon.
Speaker 1: I play that one too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a five to five for five Crew two. When it enters, it deals five damage to target creature and opponent controls usually gets its guy and whenever one or more creatures your opponent control are dealt excess non combat damage, you get a treasure.
Speaker 1: I play that, inter Ralph, and if you listen to the pre show from yesterday, you will hear why that would be good? Yes to Ralph. Yep.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't need to be my excess non combat damage. It's just any excess non combat damage makes me think maybe instead of like like a divine reckoning or a Marshall coup, do you think I should have like a damaged based sweeper.
Speaker 1: Nah?
Speaker 3: No, not that good.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean it's fine, but that's very situational. And it's for one treasure, Like yeah, your blasphemous act was free at that point, but I mean it's one. Yeah, it costs freaking one.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Okay, baby, this is a good one vultrom.
Speaker 2: Yeah two four for two crew two vehicle and you can exile it and five other things yep, artifact creatures in our vehicles. And then you get to assemble Voltron, a big ten to ten construct with what has it got flying vigilance, trample, lifelink and haste and is all colors?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe when they do the Akira Secret Layer, that's gonna come out with ether drift mech Titan core will be the weird ooze mutant that Tetsuo rises out of the stadium. You've probably never seen a Cira No, but there's this big glob mutant that's just yep. It just keeps. It's like building itself out of the stadium and like the people that it's rolling over in there too. It's pretty engross.
Speaker 2: Like that one episode of South Park when Cartman turns into that big fat blob guy.
Speaker 3: Yes, or is that Rosi o'donald.
Speaker 1: I think it was Rosi o' donald. Either way, probably it's probably the exact same thing. But yes, gross. Also a Kira Secret Layer neat yep. Yeah, mech Titan. I've actually had it work one time. I've gotten it. I've seen it happen a couple of times and I won that game. But I've seen the cores also. Just get just here's my mac Titan. Yeah, sweet die right, Yeah, you see that lots too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, Mighty Servant of Luco.
Speaker 2: Sure when it becomes crewed for the first time each turn, if it was crewed by exactly two creatures, it gains Whenever this creature deals comma damage to a player.
Speaker 1: Draw two cards. Cool.
Speaker 2: It's a six to six crew four with trample and ward discarded card like, that's why I'm playing and I've never drawn cards off of this. But it's a six to six trampler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so okay, I thought you might say cut it on that one.
Speaker 1: No, I like that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Missium tank it auto cruise when you cast a non creature. It's a three to two that gets plus one plus one when you cast a non creature.
Speaker 1: Now we've talked about this before the show. Yes, I think that we're gonna cut this for one of the cards that's in the the the maybe board.
Speaker 2: Well, let's talk about it now. This is okay three drop three to two with trample. Yep, that gets bigger when I cast non creatures.
Speaker 1: Right and at auto cruise right, Okay, it doesn't get bigger permanently, just till the end of year.
Speaker 2: The card that I have in here is Brotherhood Brotherhood vert a bird.
Speaker 3: That's that's a freaking yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a star four flyer for three again for three, and it's got power equal to the number of artifacts I control. So it just stays big all the time, yes, and has flying instead of trample, does not Auto Crew Crew two.
Speaker 1: Crew two, which is essentially auto crew because you have those two opters and all the pilots that could crew it as if they. I think that this card's better, Yes, I think it's better. It's easier to cast. But auto crew is so freaking good it's gonna die less. And this one isn't dependent on you doing another thing because that tank, auto crewing and getting bigger are dependent on you having a not creature in your hand that you want to play right then, and maybe you don't, and if you don't, then you're attacking the three to two that is probably gonna eat shit in combat. Whereas that thing, it's a it's a zero, it's an X four flyer that's difficult to block. It's just gonna swing in for five or six or ten because you've been playing your deck.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not for the things I've played right now. It's for the things I've played generally in the deck precisely.
Speaker 1: That's why it's big. Yes, all right, man, I like Missium tank. It looks cool and it's a tank, which is cool as hell because tanks are cool.
Speaker 3: But you know, am I getting the Brando cut?
Speaker 1: Got it? Coh frick. Well, now it's gone.
Speaker 2: Okay, mobile garrison when it attacks, untap another target artifact or creature you control.
Speaker 1: Neat. I like that one too.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's very powerful it used to be.
Speaker 1: I think it's cool. I think you've been out clashed. Maybe still cool.
Speaker 3: Now one might be one I cut.
Speaker 1: You're gonna cut that one probably when ether drift comes out. I'm gonna cut it now, cut it down, cut it, got it out of here. There's no going back. Mobile homestead.
Speaker 2: This one might get cut too. This is a three three for two and it a cruis for two. When it attacks, look at the top card of your library. If it's a land I can put it onto the battlefield tapped.
Speaker 1: Sure, there's actually two in here that do that.
Speaker 3: The other one is is.
Speaker 2: Raiders carve a four to four crew three for three attack. Look at the top card library onto the battlefield tapped.
Speaker 1: Cut them both. No, don't cut them, No, don't cut these are actually good. Okay.
Speaker 2: Mobilizer mech when it becomes crude up to one target vehicle you control also becomes crude.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Smart, and this one flies. This one's really freaking.
Speaker 1: Good, way better than that tank.
Speaker 2: Not Alloyd ship enters the battlefield exile target player's graveyard. Very good, and it's a four drop flyer five to five crew three. When it deals combat damage to a player, I can cast one of the cards that I've exiled.
Speaker 1: Sure, it's good. It card draws but from your graveyard. Yes, and it's graveyard removal important. This card Fox Yes, Parhelion two. I love this car, this card. I love this card a lot. This is great, This is good.
Speaker 3: I fling this with dinxmer Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good target, Yeah, good target.
Speaker 2: It's a five to five flying vehicle for eight first strike flying vigilance when it attacks create two four or four white Angel creature tokens with flying that are and vigilance that are also fricking attack, yeah, attacking, so it actually hits you for nineteen thirteen thirteen. I was gonna say nine thirteen thirteen. That's some brandology for you. Thirteen is a bigger number than nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this card is quite powerful.
Speaker 2: It's so few, fricking it isn't the one I searched for with Treasure Mage. I usually search for Cybership because Cybership is like it's an eight eight flyer, yeah, and like more damage right off the bat. Yes, and then it gives me the cybermen.
Speaker 1: It gives you more damage on its own, but not over time overtime.
Speaker 2: This one like if if I Treasure Mage turned three, I'd probably search for this and then just play the game of making treasures and getting lands until I can get this, because this is the most powerful equipment I think in the game in.
Speaker 3: Terms of just raw power.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, in terms of like taking somebody's lips and slapping them off of their head. This is the best one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Cool art too, Hey, yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that. I want to drive that to work one day, me too.
Speaker 3: Park it right on Gary's house, just destroy it and to just rubble.
Speaker 2: Yes, sleeping car, bed car house. Okay, Peacekeeper Colossus. This lets me pay two to auto crew guys. Just pay two, pay two, pay two, pay two, and it's a six six.
Speaker 1: S Crew four. This card's good. That's a good one.
Speaker 2: Raiders Carve, we talked about Reckoner Bankbuster. This card was good and standard for a while.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was it got expensive.
Speaker 1: I don't know how good it is.
Speaker 3: In Commander.
Speaker 1: It's a it's a four to four for two Crew three okay.
Speaker 2: When it enters a battlefield, it enters with three charge counters on it, and you can go two tap remove a charge counter from recorder bankbuster to draw card. Sure, Then if there are no more charge counters on it, you create a treasure token and a one one with this creature, cruise.
Speaker 1: The pilot for two greater. Yes, that's what a pilot is. A pilot is something that can crew things as if it's power were too greater than it is.
Speaker 2: Yes, so it's a one one that can crew three. Yes, so it can crewe the reckoner Bankbuster.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: After you like remove its charge counters to draw a bunch of cards, you get a bunch of piles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, piles pilots, pilots. Yeah. Is it good or is it too slow?
Speaker 1: Ay? You could do better? Caught it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna leave it for now.
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: Renegade Freighter. When an attacks, it gets plus one tramp until end of turn.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. Okay if that costs four I've played in Bello. Yeah, coust three, but it costs three, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sucking Sovereign Flagship Council Flagship the good one flying six five crew three when it enters or When it attacks, it deals three to a creature.
Speaker 3: Or planes walker.
Speaker 1: It's good. It's a removal spell and I'm really removed a light smuggler's copter.
Speaker 3: We don't cut it.
Speaker 1: We almost smugglers. Yeah, we play that one.
Speaker 2: Serge hacker mech ETBs deals damage to a creature equal to twice the number.
Speaker 3: Of vehicles I play.
Speaker 1: It's a good one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one. A cruise for four five, five minutes. That's that that one is. That's a good The card has won me games. That's another good card. Unlicensed Hurst that's grave removal that grows bigger and untethered express four to four for four crew one, yeah, crew one, and when it attacks, it gets a plus one plus one counter.
Speaker 1: That was really good in draft.
Speaker 3: Yes, and it has trample. I don't know if I said that you did?
Speaker 2: I think, but this one is good because it just grows and grows and grows over time.
Speaker 1: Attacks and grows. I should put that into bello because that one does cost for this one, Yes, and it's already a four to four Yes, but it's a trample that makes itself big and it also has haste.
Speaker 3: What is what is a bellow gives haste and indestructible.
Speaker 1: And whenever it hits you, I drug card.
Speaker 2: And it whenever it attacks it gets a plus one. Yes, and it has trample.
Speaker 1: That's right. This card would be very good, and that would be very good invalid.
Speaker 3: That would be efficient.
Speaker 1: Man, Now I have to make cuts. This sucks. Cut it. It's way easier when I'm making you cut stuff. Got it? What are we cutting stuff for?
Speaker 2: Okay, well we are at how many cards? Ninety one cards? Hey, we did pretty good, not too bad. We did pretty I could probably cut a few manner rocks after I crunch the numbers of what colors I need. Right, Yeah, so I've got oh man add a wally breaker of chains.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's a real word.
Speaker 3: Sure he's a pirate.
Speaker 2: But when he ETBs, you put a vehicle from I don't know, somewhere, and when he dies a vehicle something and you get him back.
Speaker 1: Too many words? Cut it?
Speaker 3: Fuck you know what?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Too many words?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's cut aeronaut admiral vehicles. You could draw flying very good, very good keeping that and he's a he's a three power guy, so he can crew nearly anything.
Speaker 1: That's very good.
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll keep him ast or breaker of buttholes.
Speaker 1: Huh, yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 3: He's a four four for four vehicles. You could draw crew one.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: So now my athopters can crew anything. And when he enters, you look at the top seven of your library and you reveal a vehicle from among them and put it into your hand.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 3: You'd probably keep that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that one.
Speaker 3: Uh brotherhood vera bird.
Speaker 1: I already kept that one.
Speaker 2: Grease bang, grease bang four power for three manna.
Speaker 1: Pretty good, pretty good rat pilot. Okay, So cruise a cybership or Parhelian two. Yeah, all by himself.
Speaker 2: Put my raft and just the rat all by himself crew and Parhelion.
Speaker 1: My rat driving a motorcycle is flying the spaceship that makes angels and shoots lasers.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I'm gonna sacrifice all of it to make a voltron. Yes, yes, and then I'm gonna put like Gimli, son of Gloin to freaking drive all just so like canna have a Lord of the Rings card Grease fang.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: At the beginning of combat, on your turn, you get a vehicle from your graveyard onto the battlefield.
Speaker 1: Auto cruise. After combat it goes back to your hand. That's good. That's very good. That's good.
Speaker 3: This guy was good in standard for a while.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he. I think he was. Did he go with the bankbuster?
Speaker 2: I'd I'd bust some banks with him. I'd bust some banks with grease bang hot shot mechanic. Now this is what I wanted to ask you about for real. Okay, I know all those other cards are good except for that guy whose name I couldn't read. He'll be screaming at me in the comments because it was a ass creed card. Yeah, okay, So I've got a hot shot mechanic. It's a two to one for white, straight up, and hot shot mechanic can crew things with power to or sorry as if its power was two or greater.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we can crew four. But it's a two to one for one.
Speaker 1: Yeah eh, yeah, I play it. Is it good enough? I think? So?
Speaker 3: You don't think it's like not too low impact?
Speaker 1: Oh oh, it's basically a man at orc essentially. Oh, that's a good way to look at it.
Speaker 2: And usually I try to look at things like what they what else they could be?
Speaker 1: But the manna that you make with him can only be used to activate vehicle abilities. Okay, right, Like that's how I look at him. I think he's a good card. I in a deck like this, I would suggest he's pretty good. And in a lot of cases, some of those vehicles, like the last train that we read, the one that gets bigger when you attack. Yeah it cruised for one, sure, but like it costs fucking four So like, yeah, maybe you don't have a dude handy that can crew the big huge thing this then cruise Parheli and all that stuff. Right, Like, ooh, that's pretty good if your vehicles have HASTE, but you don't have any dudes, but you do have for some reason. Nine mana. There we go. That's good. I like him. I would play him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love having nine mana.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jack daw I thought that's a Jack John. I was like, oh, that's gross, Jack John. Don't google that.
Speaker 3: I always think of Jack Dawson from Titanic.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is. I've never heard that name before.
Speaker 3: Leonardo DiCaprio. No, his name was Jack Dawson.
Speaker 1: It's a stupid name. Yeah, why do you know that? How he's seen, He's seen the Lord of the Rings and Titanic and Red One, and that's it. That's it only movies. No, that's five, because there's three. Lord of the Rings. Well, there's two Titanics if you're watching them, v did you know that there's actually there actually is two Titanics. There actually is a Titanic two. And if you really really want to waste a lot of your time, there's also a Titanic three. And it's as bad as you think it is. Holy shit, man, okay, man, I wish that little Brookman hadn't left. We could have told him about Titanic two.
Speaker 2: They could have been distracting everybody so they don't see me being totally professional professionals. Did you get the freaking recommendation I sent you the other day? First editor, Joe's probably screaming saying gator shark versus gators, gator shark versus zombie cheerleaders. Here's the tagline, half shark, half alligator, half naked.
Speaker 1: Yes, I yes I did, and yes I did look for it. I couldn't find it, but I will I will watch that movie.
Speaker 2: Hey, do you ever want me to alter your bellow to the movie poster for crack Coon?
Speaker 1: You want that so bad? Now don't you. I do Now, I just thought of that crack coon. That's the best.
Speaker 2: Well send them a cookout podcast. Jack Dawson does not get onto the door. It's a four to four for crew three for three manna. Whenever it deals combat damage to a player, I can discard my hand and then draw cards equal to the number of artifacts I control.
Speaker 1: Risky, but it's amazing, It's fine. Yeah, I like that. Yeah, I like that one. Okay, keep that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, ah Katsu massa the animator I pay three make vehicle into guy good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't need to say what else it does.
Speaker 2: It also flies, It also does one one shit, I don't care if I can just pay manna to crew my guys.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't just crew your vehicles. It also turns your other artifacts into dudes too, if for some reason you want that.
Speaker 3: My two drop manneros make them into two duoes.
Speaker 1: Now that transmit to one once. Oh yeah, oh yeah it does here. Yeah they deare there small, but continue this this king macar This shit is good.
Speaker 2: My car baby two three for four inspired. That means when he becomes untapped, he does something, and that thing that he does is uh kill a thing, exile a thing, and make me a gold token.
Speaker 1: Yeah. This guy's good for people in the nation that don't remember gold tokens. They were even better treasure tokens because you just had to sack them. He didn't have to tap them.
Speaker 2: They realized pretty quick though, They were like, we can't keep doing these, and then they invented.
Speaker 1: Treasure Yeah, because that's so much better. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So King Maccar, Yeah, very good.
Speaker 1: King maccar is a boss.
Speaker 3: Okay, We've got a couple more here.
Speaker 1: We've got Kotori Pilot Prodigy Prodigy Okay, it has pilot crew things.
Speaker 3: Uh, vehicles you control have crew two.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good, very good.
Speaker 2: And at the beginning of combat, on your turn target creature target artifact, creature you control gets life link and.
Speaker 1: Vige so she cruise a vehicle. Then it gets life link and vigilance. Then it goes in, does not tap, gains you some life. Pretty good.
Speaker 3: That's good like that one.
Speaker 2: Yep, Prodigies prototype. I assume it's Katori Pilot Prodigies Prodigies prototype.
Speaker 1: Sure sure riveting stuff.
Speaker 2: Hey, cruise for two, Cruise for two and whenever a vehicle you can control attacks you create a one one colorless pilot creature.
Speaker 1: That cruise sick. Yeah. I like that one. Is this one good though? Is it good enough? Yeah?
Speaker 2: It gives you value. I've been touting how important it is like to crew one and get one ones. Yes, these crew three and are one ones.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, keep it in, keep it. I would keep that one. I like that one. I like this one too, like this one.
Speaker 3: I always think that these ones are the low impact ones.
Speaker 1: No, these are good. These are these are the ones that are gonna get your stupid horde hauler in and all that other shit if you keep it. Man, this is this is good stuff. Okay, you're produce. The prototype has to attack and not eat shit in order for you to get maximum value. Renegade Will Smith will help you do that.
Speaker 3: It's a three two for three and it's a dwarf. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And when it becomes tapped target creature can't block this turn.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: I actually like that with all of my vehicles that say when they have to hit a player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, that's what convinced me. It wasn't anything else.
Speaker 3: Actually, he's a dwarf and I have a Depaula.
Speaker 2: And uh and an Astor or a Alibu.
Speaker 1: Who else cares about dwarfs? Just just to Paula and me. And you mentioned Gimli earlier, who is a dwarf. He probably cares about dwarfs. He probably does. Yes, they usually do. They're very clannish that way, Yes, very much.
Speaker 3: So, there's seven clans of dwarfs.
Speaker 2: Actually is yes, okay, t drop man a dork okay, okay, And this I think this guy's a little bit of a hidden gym. Just got a reprint in in Jumpstart Jumpstart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is.
Speaker 2: A Vidalkan engineer originally from Dark Steel.
Speaker 3: Caught him one to one.
Speaker 2: For two, tap to add two of any color, spend only to do artifact bullshit.
Speaker 1: Caught him you don't like this.
Speaker 3: Caught him play ancient two oh no eighty dollars. Caught him play thirty five cents.
Speaker 1: Yeah, caught him play sol ring RDM. I stand by what I said.
Speaker 2: Listen here, I'm gonna keep this guy, and I might actually replace a signet or a talisman. Okay, because this guy can crew vehicles and he's a man of.
Speaker 1: Dork there you all right? Fine, keep him again.
Speaker 2: Final one veteran motorist. He's a three to one for two okay o speaking my language. He enters the battlefields, cry too, sure, that's fine. And when he cruise a vehicle, that vehicle gets plus one plus oh until end of.
Speaker 1: Turn and he's a dwarf. Hey keep them, I keep him for it for sure.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So we have thirteen cards in that maybe board and only nine slots.
Speaker 1: Still, well, you know, we did pretty good.
Speaker 3: We did do pretty good.
Speaker 1: That's not bad.
Speaker 3: We did pretty good. And you know what I and then.
Speaker 1: We just cut rocks and basics and we can put the rest of the cars. Yeah, cut basics. That's what we're doing. Fuck yeah, Right, how many basics you've been playing? Three?
Speaker 3: Three and three and three and three?
Speaker 1: Nine basics? No? Twelve because I played four colors? What what?
Speaker 2: Well, here's the thing, I'm right. I'm thinking about how many triums you plan? I only have. There's two in here, because that's so many. I had two triums, two fetch lands, two temples, three artifact lands because artifact sure, and I've got a restless bivouacen.
Speaker 1: Why do you do that?
Speaker 2: It gives me two different colored manna, which is great because I'm playing a four color commander that I want to cast on four and I've got things like veteran motorists and shit that cost like two hard pips, and this gives me red or white, and I can pay three to make it a two to two, which cruise. And also whenever it attacks, I put a plus one counter on target creature I control.
Speaker 3: So I thought, I thought it's fine.
Speaker 1: Cut that for Goliath truck.
Speaker 3: No, because it.
Speaker 1: Gives two plus one.
Speaker 3: Restless Bivouac got me exacts. He's on mat.
Speaker 1: Oh you said someone else gave you exact is on Mato. Well, they all combined together, they have only one of them puts you to the top. The rest of them just sort of helped you get there a little bit.
Speaker 2: No, if I didn't have any one of them, I wouldn't have had exacts.
Speaker 1: If it wasn't Restless bevil cack, it would have been something else do no cack.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm thinking about vehicles to cut because I'm adding vehicle support, I'm adding other vehicles. I'm adding better stuff, more card draw so I'll see more stuff.
Speaker 1: Cut rocks, cut rocks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thirteen plus vehicles too many to let us know in the comments, how many.
Speaker 1: Man of rocks, cut rocks, uh frickin' gemstone mind.
Speaker 2: John just did a great video on how many lands to run in your commander decks, like backed up with mathematicians, theory and stats.
Speaker 3: All your favorite stuff. You'd actually like the video.
Speaker 2: And he should do another one how many vehicles you run? And how many manner rocks I should run? So if you're into like the really nuts and bolts thinky kind of magic stuff, how many, Well, it depends on the deck.
Speaker 3: What I left you with the cliffyist of hangers.
Speaker 1: I wanted to watch the episode and then at the end he just holds up a piece of paper with a fucking number on it, and that's the number that I run.
Speaker 3: Oh, you know what I do.
Speaker 1: And then I immediately go and change all my decks.
Speaker 2: You know what I do, and and this is the story. And I guess you see the list. The deck list will be in the show notes for the show. Check it out, let me know on the discord if you're a patron, or let me know on the YouTube comments what it is or what you've experienced from your vehicles deck. But I got I got one more thing. I wanted to talk.
Speaker 1: About lands tell me, okay, tell me.
Speaker 2: So I'm sitting there with an experienced player like yourself or one of the c SiO dude bros.
Speaker 3: Somebody who's in no if you will, all right, I know what's up.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's say it's me and you.
Speaker 2: I mean a few Alex Sure and I says, I says to him, he mulligans.
Speaker 3: Oh man, I got a mulligan again, I got no lands.
Speaker 2: And let's say there's two new players right next to me. Sure, and I says, how many lands you run in there?
Speaker 3: Thirteen?
Speaker 2: And he goes yeah, And I go, I run like fourteen in mind, just so I don't get land screwed.
Speaker 1: Let's just go with it. Let's just go with it.
Speaker 3: And the new players are like, what is that? Is that real?
Speaker 1: I go?
Speaker 3: I go, yeah, you know what. I made a lands deck one time, had like twenty land and then now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to get land flooded. But the hell yeah nah yeah.
Speaker 2: So to answer your question, after watching Gemstone, mind John's very good video that he spent lots and tons of time on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fourteen too many? Fourteen is not the correct number? What is the correctness? It gives you nothing yeah, nothing except for that one piece of information. You have to find more things about watching the videos.
Speaker 3: Ee.
Speaker 2: What I will say, yes, what I will say is I play thirty six land and I had at the time like fifteen manor rocks.
Speaker 3: And vehicles that give me treasures.
Speaker 2: And there was a few times where I thought, fuck, I don't want a signet, and then I draw a signet. Or what happened to me. I was playing against a gaunty deck. He looked at the top.
Speaker 3: Of my library. It was the new three colored Gaunty.
Speaker 2: He looked at and cast from the top of my deck a signet, and at that point it was great, sure, but it was a signet that was there instead of like a cybership or a parhelion or a sam or a shoe yun something.
Speaker 3: Cool, something good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I think that there are too many and the deck will probably turn into eighty nine or ninety cards because one or two are gonna come out.
Speaker 1: This deck is very it's ramped as if it's gonna be a much more powerful deck than it is. Oh thanks the ramp. Well, I mean the deck is bad, it's just but you have like a very efficient ramp package in it. They all cost two. Yeah, right, So like that's really setting yourself up for the two manor rock turn one if you draw a sol ring yep to put you on turn four on turned two, yep. And so like you're really set to do that. And I feel like in the type of game you're gonna want to play this in you maybe don't need to do that. You might want to, and that's fine, but you might not need to. So you might find like, as you play this deck, you're gonna find that you always have enough like I found like when I was I'll use Bellows an example, because it's the one my tun in the most recently I've found because he provides himself so much card advantage and I only ever really need four mana having all the ramp and all the draw I had was unnecessary so I could put in more just fucking beaters. And I think that that's what you're gonna find in this deck as you kind of play it, and just you're, oh, man, I don't want to draw any more ramp. I just want to play more fucking crazy vehicles. I want to helicopter crewed my motorcycle that's dropping trains and shit on people. Yeah, because ether Drip is gonna give us that. You're gonna play all the f one cars that they build, and I'll just cut rocks and play them all and your deck's gonna be dope.
Speaker 3: I wonder if they're gonna give us a segue.
Speaker 1: I hope.
Speaker 2: So I wonder if they're gonna give us roller blades. Those aren't vehicles, really, but I mean.
Speaker 1: Rollerblades with rockets on them. Rockets. I think the might have had rocket skates.
Speaker 2: And oh yeah, they might have had skates thet now here's the last thing to consider about cutting colored man Of rocks is if I cut, like six percent of the deck is black, eighteen percent is blue, and twenty four percent of my Mani rocks and colors can produce black, right, So I've got way more Black man of production than I need. But if I add a Grease fang and a King macar and whatever black cards that I add in, that's going to increase my need for black. So I'll have to just make sure when I cut Manni rocks and put cards back in that I'm not exceeding what the math says should work.
Speaker 1: And I think we've talked about this probably years ago on the show, but maybe it's worth mentioning again. Ryan and I are in a very fortunate position when we build decks where we can basically build anything we want because we've been playing for one hundred years and we have the land base to basically never be screwed.
Speaker 2: Ball's that I'm playing Arcane Sanctum instead of the Triland. I only got two fetch lands. I'm runn a pteromorphic Expanse and freakin' what's the other one? Teromorphic and evolving wilds.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't have to play those things, is my point. Yeah, you don't have to play those you are because.
Speaker 2: I tried my very best to not have to spend any money on this, and I think the Mana base is fine. It just plays more tap lands than I want it to. And really what that means, like my two fetch lands going to get my two or three triums that I'm playing. Sometimes I don't want to get the triumps, so I have to fetch a basic if I want to play.
Speaker 3: Brea on turn four. It's like shit.
Speaker 2: If I spend a few extra bucks and or change decks around so I could get shoklands out of other decks to have shocks and triums and basics and fetches.
Speaker 3: That's what I want. But I don't want to have to tweak other.
Speaker 1: Decks and you're not that excited about this one.
Speaker 2: And shocklands are never that cheap that I'm just gonna be like, Oh, I'm gonna go get like five Shoklands and a freaking prismatic Vista to like go find my basics, ye, and then all of a sudden, I'm one hundred dollars extra into this deck. And that's not how I want to play magic. I want to have that challenge to say, hey, I can sneak out this win or I can like draw from my collection in a creative way, like with a whatever ballsack, BiVO wac or whatever, and have that like win me some games, right right. I want that experience because that's what's challenging and unique to me. Everybody can just freaking go and spend money on a four color Manna base or five color Mana base. But if I can kill you with a freaking restless BiVO wac man, if I can whack you with a BiVO wac, it's.
Speaker 1: Not even a borderless front feckless BiVO whac or the hell it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it's it's frick.
Speaker 1: I mean yours might be. I don't know if this is the printing. It is foil. It is foil.
Speaker 2: I cracked a foil one and I said, you know, I'm gonna put this in my imm box.
Speaker 1: One day I'll build with it. And that day yesterday. So but I think that the deck is cool, and I think that it's so fun. I'm looking forward to seeing it, to looking back at it because once we get to either drift in a couple of months, we're gonna bring this up again. Yeah, and we're gonna see what kind of vehicles go in Wait waybe we can't even do an episode on it where you kind of go through the the I'm looking for the process of when you have these vehicles that you like and enjoying a deck that you enjoy, but like, do I want to cut for efficiency? Or maybe there's like another in the movie Parhelian three is in it. It's wearing a cowboy hat and it's just ready to go right. It makes it makes out law tokens something like, Yes, maybe there's something like.
Speaker 2: That, maybe be chariots and amalkat. What kind of vehicles do they use an ammon cat chariots chariots. Oh no, it'll be a giant like granite block on those log wheels and they'll be rolling it.
Speaker 1: And the zombies will be carrying it or whatever. Yes, Cleopatra's chair that the mook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, that's definitely a vehicle. Yes, probably comes into play.
Speaker 1: Tap.
Speaker 3: Those zombies not that fast.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's true. Yes, but they're tireless. They will get you there.
Speaker 3: Yes, wats he checks in the mountain? Yes, or bills in the mail?
Speaker 1: I should yes for that one as well. What's the other? Oh? And then oh man, the Merganda vehicles, Oh yeah, what are those gonna be. It's gonna be like it'll be called shitty machete machine, and it's gonna be a four to four for four of the crews for four because everything on Merganda has no abilities. That's Merganda. Oh oh yeah, we're gonna get a lot of vanilla creatures in this upcomings in ether drift. I'm sorry to say, unless, of course, they change what the thing or the flavor.
Speaker 3: That I've seen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I remember, I remember now, yeah, I remember I built the deck oops no abilities dot deck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and there's a plan. And there was a plane too, right, a Morganda plane that like creatures with no abilities get plus two or something. Yeah, I remember that, big Yeah, yeah, look at that magic history man.
Speaker 1: Holy shit, look at us going.
Speaker 3: Final thought of the day, Thank the business daddies.
Speaker 1: Who else we gonna thank Pilo Bones?
Speaker 3: Was producer Gary?
Speaker 1: We gotta thank pile of Bones for beer. We're gotta thank producer Gary for being our bud, putting a roof over our head, giving us someone to record the show. And who else? Fusion Gaming online dot Com Official Business Daddies. You can use special promo code Ceo Hall to say five percent off all your vehicles, all your lands, all your pilots, all your deck boxes, whatever you want. They got it and they want you to have it by giving them money for it. And that's it. That's a thing where you can just give them less, because that's what I want to do, is give them less so they'll give us more and you more also, because that's how life works. In any case, we're gonna come back next week. We might talk some in a strad We're not exactly sure yet, but it's gonna be very entertaining and I hope that you will be right here to join us on the next accepted.
Speaker 3: Oh we almost got there.
Speaker 1: I almost shut the show off. Yeah we're done. We're done. We're gonna see you back here on the next exciting episode of Commander Cookout Podcast