Speaker 1: Okay, that's me, all right, hang on, that's gotta go all right, So here, no, not you the other way. See, this is what we're kind of getting into here. I'm still trying to figure out what buttons are the right buttons to push and I want I don't want that. I want me. I want me to be here. I don't want that to be here. So what happened? What did I do last time to get rid of that? What did I do? I'm trying to remember. So yeah, it's it's one of those mornings where it's like, you know, uh no, I don't want to disable the camera. What am I doing here? No? No, that ain't it. So this is this is what we're trying to figure out here, dragged to move. I want it to go away. This is what I want, So that goes. No, all right, this is uh I had it once and I can't remember what I did, so no, no, no, no, no, it's absolutely not what I wanted. So welcome to sdh's John tries to figure out how he can like delete things. So yeah, removed, there we go. Okay, Hi, welcome to Monday morning, Alex. All right, so that's another round of SDH John, hear you there, Thanks for dropping by. It's the removed button is what I've got to figure out. So, you know, like I said, you're trying to figure out new things, and it's a bit of an adventure on occasion trying to figure out. It's like, you know, you think you got something and then you don't, and you're just like, yeah, I thought I hit the right button. You didn't hit the right button. But you know, it is, it is what it is, all right, John, hear you there, Thanks for dropping by. And it's another week of SDH. We're getting back into the normal and it is normal guests, normal rotations, those kinds of things. So here's what we got this morning. Bart's going to join us an hour two because we've got roughing down here. We've got some USM and T news we didn't get into. Can't remember if we got into the retirement of Becky Souerbun or not, but there's stuff to get into with barton our number two and in our number one. We've got a lot of reports on player movement. That's how I'm gonna phrase it, because it's not you know, like official reports on player movement. Things aren't officially official. If you caught Morning Espresso this morning with Jason, you kind of got an early peak on some of it. And we'll go into if these players are heading into these locations where they are linked, how does it make the team look. So that's what we'll get into. There are a couple of big names that came across on the weekend, and we'll get into that, and we'll let you know, Like I said, we'll let you know where things stand involving these franchises, these players, either inbound or outbound, and what it looks like on the other side. So we've got that. When it comes to player movement and player reports, we'll get into gossip, bermer and and you and though we'll get into what to watch or to watch it, how to watch it. We'll go back over what happened yesterday on the weekend in the prim and we'll get you up to date on all of that. We'll get you up to date with everything else. Yesterday's Manchester United Liverpool matchles as a zoo and so we'll get into that and anything else on your mind, because it is a reaction Monday over under or on par when it comes to anything on your brain and the remainder of the week is fairly normal. Tuesday's Tuesday Thoughts, and what we may do is we may give Kaylor some time off, considering he's got to get back to school and he's got to get back to teaching. Wall past Wednesday is normal. Hopefully Tyler can join us and get through his holiday stuff, and so we can have Tyler join us to talk about it. Atlanta unighted in the Atlanta United Repertorial Information Exchange Program continue He's on Wednesday. We'll see if the busiest man in the Northeast can join us, Dylan Butler, and get his thoughts on what's going on in and around Major League Soccer. Thursday's the Power Hour with Nino and Nico joining us an hour number two. We'll get you through your Thursday thoughts and find out what's going on from the Pacific perspective. When it comes to Nico, you might have seen the conversation that was posted involving Nico and myself from last week where we got into Craig Wibel, where we got into Seattle front office, where we got into the Paul Ariola deal and stuff that we got into last week with Nico also we'll get into with the Nino, what's going on in and around the rest of the planet, whether it is Portugal, whether it is South America, whether it is Beloved Peru, anything that's going on there. On Thursday, and then Friday's the Friday free for all. We'll see if our friends from beyond Goals menoring can join us and kind of get caught up with them after the holiday season's over and find out what's going on in the world of BGM. So that's the week. Next week. Remember it's from the beach, so you'll see funky backgrounds and you'll see you'll see art deco and pastels behind me. But that's next week, so we'll see what happens. We'll see if we can dodge the weather that is supposed to be coming here to osg HQ, and we'll see if we can get out in time so we're not held back by any of it, so we can be at the beach on full. But yes, next week our is our Hemingway week where we are surrounded by pastels and high winds and things like that, and so we'll have we'll have that next week. But this week is this week, and we'll go through all the news of the morning and everything else that is all the news that's fit to print. So here we go, all right, opening Kickoff brought to us by our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. I've yet to figure out how to load a QR code in here, but remember you start your day with Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. Buy the store out. You can kick off your day with our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. But if you do, in fact buy the store out, there's a way that you can do it at a discount. Use the code soccer down here fifteen. You get fifteen percent off your purchase. They in turn take ten percent, meaning Kickoff Coffee take ten percent, reinvest it into youth games, youth initiative. Stuff that they have earmarked is cool and that's once again our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot com. So you can buy the store out, but then you can buy the store out at a fifteen percent discount. All right, how many of you show off hands? And yes, I am going to the ear nose and throat specialist tomorrow to try and figure out if this is in fact the yearly dose of the the soreness that comes after the first cold. And it has been diagnosed as a neurogenic cough. And so if you hear me, if you see me mute on the air, if you hear me cough unintentionally, it's not because of something that the guest does. It's because of something that my body is doing. So we're gonna get that checked out for the time this year tomorrow. So I beg your forbearance and dealing with it today as I was getting ready this morning to you know, show off things and get you ready for other promos across the board, show a hands. How many of you? How many of you show of hands? Are Do you take like morning supplements and things like that when you start your day? Do you take like vitamins? Do you take like thirty eight different things, and you know, have them all laid out, You have your box, you know, and you sit there and it's like Monday, and you have one of each and you sit there and you pop the door open and you take like all thirty eight of the pills that are there. I am one of those people. And so it ends up with vitamin supplements. Let me see if I can remember. So it's like vitamin supplements, a bunch of preventative stuff like you know, Cranberry's stuff for the eyes, you know, occupy those kinds of things, and so it ends up being multi vitamins, and so it ends up being a barely decent amount of things that I will put in my body first thing in the morning when it comes to vitamins and such. So I'm one of those people. The reason that I ask is this, when you are taking whatever it is that you're taking, and you have a container in front of you that says it has X number of pieces of content in the inside the whether it's a you know, you know, the yeah what the bottle, you know, the little subscription, the little prescription bottle or the box or whatever. So that always tells you that you're supposed to take x amount each day and that the container holds a certain amount of the particular product that you're taking. I found it in I don't, and I've got to keep an eye on this, and I've got to be vigilant about it. One particular it's not a prescription, but one particular thing that I take just to just to take it. It's basically it's fiber. So I have I have a fiber that I take every morning, and you're supposed to take two of this particular fiber to satisfy your recommended daily allowance. And the container that they come in tells you that they have an even number of contents, so even number of servings, you know. So it's however, many pieces of fiber are in the particular can, you take more than one, and the can is set up for you to do this. You know, they want you to buy one of these every single month, you know, like clockwork. So it's fifty to the can, and you're supposed to take two every time out when you start your day, So twenty five days of material. Yet I get down to the bottom of the can and there's only one left. And it is not something that you can sit there and screw up and sit there and go, well, oh I dropped it. Where did it go? Because it's a fairly decent sized thing. I mean, it's bigger than a damn life saver. So you take this, you take two of them, and if you were to drop it, you'd know. So I get to the bottom of this particular can, and there's only one left, so I have effectively been shorted a half a serving. And in the grand scheme of things, I know it doesn't matter monetarily, it's the principal thing. So I have to now be vigilant in my thinking every single time I get to the bottom of the can when I'm taking this particular supplement, to find out if in fact the company that is stashing this box with all of the supplements is screwing me over only giving me one less than the entire box is supposed to give me. So instead of fifty, they've given me forty nine. And you're supposed to and you're supposed to take two servings of this particular product each and every time out, So twenty five times two is fifty, says so on the box. But by the time I get to the bottom of the box through no er of my own, and I know that you can sit there and go, well, Nelson, come on, now, you're you sure, And I'm like, yes, I am sure. In this case, I am sure that I have not been responsible for there only being a one piece of fiber at the bottom of the box. I have been given twenty four and a half servings instead of the twenty five that they tell me I'm supposed to have. So now from this moment forward, I have to think this through. When I get to the bottom of the box, are you screwing me by only putting forty nine pieces in there instead of fifty? Like you said, how many of you out there when you are taking your daily supplements end up with an odd number by the time you're done. You know you're supposed to take three or four, you're supposed to take two, And by the time you get to the bottom of the container, the bottom of the barrel like half a you're like half a serving. Short show of hands, Am I the only person here that is dealing with this issue when it comes to the packing of a supplement that you take in the morning. And if you don't know, I'm going to ask that you be vigilant going forward to find out if we are, in fact, as a society only given half servings at the bottom of our containers. That we purchase something on the auspice that it is going to be a round number. But when we get to the bottom of the box or the bottom of the bottle, we have a half a serving left. The injustice that is attached to all of this. This is what I am trying to get to here. Am I the only person suffering this injustice? Or am I not alone in my quest and in my fight to make sure that when we purchase something that it is the actual number that we are supposed to be blessed with. I'm just asking. So I would ask of you going forward, be vigilant when you get to the bottom of your bottle or the bottom of your box and find out if we are as a society in fact being screwed by half servings. By the time we get to the bottom of our container. I'm going to be hyper vigilant when it comes to searching this stuff out. I would ask that you are as well. It was just something that rubbed me the wrong way this morning, and so I was like, I've got to ask. So I'm asking now, am I the only one getting screwed here? Or am I not alone in my plight? Something to keep an eye on going forward? Like I said, just checking. So I just wanted to see that's opening Kickoff brought to just buy our friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com. I don't have the QR code loaded up. But you can go to a Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com you get the QR code and then what you do is you start your day with Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot Com. Once again, when you kick your day off, don't forget to use the code soccer down here fifteen to check out, because when you buy out the store and get all the Kickoff Coffee, you can get all the Kickoff Coffee and buy the store out at a fifteen percent discount. Then they in turn take ten percent reinvested in the youth games. Youth Initiat is very very cool stuff for my friends at Kickoff Coffee and Kickoff coffeeco dot com the other promos. By the way, you have about a week to continue to vote for us in the Sports Podcast Awards, and what you can do there is you can vote early and vote often. We're I guess we're we're trying to turn this into Chicago politics. Best sports talk podcast. We are in a group with Bill Roaden on Sports the Bros Pod, the sv Pod with some guy named Scott Van Pelt, and some show having to do with Kelsey Brothers plus US plus eight others. So go and vote at the Sports Podcast Sports Podcast Awards. Go into the sports section, go into the Sports Talk Podcast Best Sports Talk Podcast, and you can vote for us. Vote vote, vote, vote, vote, vote early, vote often. And what you can do is maybe we can maybe we can shock the planet and and be nominated and getting again an award at the SPA's. Like I said, when we were nominated for the Football Content Awards for Best Network, you know, for a best rights Holder, I mean that was humbling in and of itself. And then when you lose to Sky BBC and Colossal Network, obviously that you know, that's not that ain't too shabby, but it was humbling to be nominated. There no clue where we finished because they only give gold, silver and bronze. And so you've got a week to vote in the Sports Podcast Awards and then what you can do is you can vote there, vote early, vote often, maybe get a friend set up a bot. Not that I would condone that kind of behavior, but Sports Podcast Awards, you can vote for the best Sports Talk Podcast, and we are there also our friends from the Marshall Islands. You can get the New Marshall Islands Jersey it is out Abby got hers. I got mine. I washed it in delicate and traditionally, because it is a European purchase, you can have to go about a size or two up, but they're available. They're twenty thirty no home Jersey where sport can make a difference. Great to have our buddy Matt Webb, director of Sponsorships on Friday in our year end or even though it wasn't quite the year end, to discuss what's going on with the Marshall Islands. And apparently Lloyd ours is heading over in February, so Matt has suggested that we catch up with Lloyd after he comes back from that trip, and we will do so. So you can get your Marshall Islands jersey and you can also get your Marshall Islands scarf which Mattie models on the Marshall Islands store website. Because when Maddie and Sophia did that as a part of a senior project for Maddie as a part of her internship, how many people can sit there and say that they were part of an international marketing campaign as a part of their internship. I'm thinking one that being Maddie Cruise and so you've got that going on, don't forget here. Figured i'd wear this today since I don't have like a still photo. The soccer is just better in Atlanta from our friends at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. Gratty Baby logo right there, So Gratty Baby, Grady Baby Co. And the SDH logo right here by the way. And you can get it in red, you can get it in black, you can get it as a T shirt, you can get it as a sweatshirt, and the soccer is just better in Atlanta. Gear goes to help out middle school soccer programs attached to Atlanta public schools. So pick up the sweatshirt, pick up the T shirt, and go shopping at Grady Baby and Grady Baby Co. For the collaboration that's there. Also our friends at Olive and York. I was washing that this weekend as well. I went up a size just because of shrinking and layering that I like to do. You can get our first ever SDH jersey through our friends at Olive and York, thanks to our friends at Kaiser Permanente, and thanks to our friends also. It's the Flood Project Scott Flood Marketing and getting all of that squared away and making sure that that project is up and running as well. You The net proceeds from purchasing the SDCH jersey go to programs that we have earmarked here in twenty twenty five that need our help for a soccer for good and so it is the SDH jersey at Olivi York. It is Grady Baby, Grady Baby co. You can pick up your soccer is just better in Atlanta gear. You can go to the Marshall Island Soccer Federation, grab the scarf, which is what we're responsible for, grab the jersey, which is what they're responsible for, Grab the new jersey, which is what they're responsible for their twenty thirty no Home kit. So there's plenty to play with. And also our friends and kick Off Coffee and Kickoff Coffeeco dot Com, so plenty of ways to help out and also vote for us in the Sports Podcast Awards in the Best Sports dot category. So plenty to play with, plenty to vote on, plenty to work your way forward with when it comes to anything and everything going on here in the sport of soccer, with what we are doing here at SDH, and we couldn't do it without you as we can get ready.
Speaker 2: For the.
Speaker 1: End of season number seven, year six, season seven, toward the end of January. We are getting ready for everything going on when it comes to season number eight and year number seven here at SDH, and we're going to cross over, I want to say, fairly soon next month or so, another milestone when it comes to lives and downloads across the network. And we can't thank you guys enough for helping us reach all of those numbers and get to where we are and continually being noticed. I guess you know the way that we are so very very cool stuff going on here at sd We couldn't do it without you. Okay, all right, So let's take a quick tour and see who's in already this morning and say hi to everybody and find out what's going on on your brains. Morning, Alex morning. Will Yeah, the wind streak by the Packers is over. Best mood today after the Bears win in the last second field go by Cairo Santos yesterday, saw that very chaotic half hour in the Witching Hour yesterday, and will is very very happy with Caleb William's rookie year. Now if he'd only have some protection and some other weapons. David, good morning and good morning to me into the fellow Newcastle fans. On the red hot streak for the Magpies, I could not quite swing it to where I could pick up Alexander Esach on my fantasy team, although I did pick up Lewis Hall. There you go. Will's calling for a correlation between the Bears and Atlanta United horrible season redem at the end with the Packers game in Miami in the playoffs, David, Marcus Rashford to Seattle. That is one of the things that we wanted to get into. It is just reports. But what we will do is this, since you have mentioned it, David, we will get into it. There are reports, and that's what they are that it's not news. It is a report. If it was news, then we would be getting closer to something like this happening. So there are reports out there about Marcus Rashford and Seattle. The obvious issue is the financial component and literally the money that it would take for Marcus Rashford to go and be a part of the Seattle Sounders. Jeremiah O'shan, by the way, had an article about this, and Jeremiah goes it's been at least several years since the Sounders were even tanuously linked with anyone who could reasonably be called a quote world famous footballer. And then obviously, with the Sounders playing in the Club World Cup, you've got a lot of folks that sit there and we're trying to add one plus one and coming up with eleven instead. So rumor comes from Ben Jacobs, and this is at the tail end of last week. This was a Friday news dump from Ben Jacobs mentioned the Sounders as a possible landing spot for Marcus Rashford and so he noted meaning Jacobs, the twenty seven year old might not even be interested in the movie, suggest that both MLS and Apple could be inclined to help make the deal happen. And then the team expressing some openness to it is the Sounders quoting Jacobs where there had been And this is on. And what Ben will do occasionally is he will do conversations on his YouTube channel and he will open things up and he'll sit there and go, you know, hey, did you see about this? So sure enough you end up with an idea and Ben will talk about it. So what happened was for Ben on his YouTube channel, So he told the YouTube channel MUFCMPB they've had an internal conversation, meaning the Sounders. The reason at Seattle is that they're a Club World Cup rep, which is of appeal to anyone they might be interested to sign, and because of that, they are to get a minimum of forty to sixty pounds for entering the Club World Cup. So Major League Soccer could turn around and say you can suddenly afford to pay for these stars. Budget might not be a problem in quote. In addition to sort of handwaving the potential cost, Jacob's also quick to note that no formal overtures have been made. Quote. We shouldn't overblow the MLS links because Seattle hasn't reached out to either the Rashford camp or Manchester United. It's just an internal discussion that you would expect to advance in January rather than the summer if they decide to proceed, because the MLS calendar means January is almost like the summer in the sense that you're lining up the main stars. End quote. O'shan continues, Even with the caveats, even if there really have been internal conversations, O'shan feels that he feels it's exceptionally unlikely for a twenty seven year old three seasons of at least twenty goal contributions in the prem even if one of the most recent ones was in twenty two to twenty three. First thing to note, based on everything o'shan has been told, sounders are not expecting anything even close to the Club World Cup payday that Jacob claims has been guaranteed. O'Shane asked Adrian han Hour about this last year. Hand Hour scoffed at the number, implied he was expecting a fraction of that amount. Since then, FIFA has struggled to find broadcast partners and sponsors. Remembered, to Zone has picked up the Club World Cup and apparently all of the matches are going to be on Dizonne USA and to Zone worldwide. Of course, there are those of us who are still trying to raise their hand publicly and go how am I getting this? I mean, I could do the smart remote thing and see if I get to Zone and we'll see what happens over time. So FIFA might be possible for big clubs to they could see relative whin false. FIFA doesn't seem inclined to send eighteen, like the Sounders more money for playing in three matches than than they are likely to make in ticket sales season. So even if Manchester United comes off their asking price of Rashford, reported to be near seventy five million dollars, still has three years remaining on a five year deal that apparently guarantees him seventy eight million. This year, he's making about twenty that's more than the Sounders spent on their entire roster last year. The entire acquisition cost and guaranteed portions of the initial contracts were both Ladero and Ruie Diaz were less than twenty million combined. As well, last year, the Sounders salary spend was about middle of the pack. Signing Rashford would obviously push him into the top three. Could the Sounders blow up their budget to sign Rashford? O'shan says, sure, but it seems exceptionally unlikely. Still, though, O'shan says it's hard to imagine Jacob's pulling the Sounder's name out of thin air. Someone passed along the information, even if it contains a nuggative truth that suggests the Sounders or at least willing to think big about this upcoming season. Hard to see exactly how to make it happen, but maybe there is a big acquisition in the offing. So Jeremiah went a couple of different directions there when it came to the Marcus Rashford to Seattle notion. But once again, the big idea is, would you basically take in theory what you would be making from the club World Cup and then sit there and go, let's just take this money and instead of investing it in you know, four or five different players to help out the roster and the roster depth and pay our dps whatever we can pay them, or put the money in the shelf and have it for later. The idea of okay, tell you what, We'll just go ahead and flip that dollar and invest it in Marcus Rashford. So let's take a peek at Seattle's roster, and this is what I wanted to do this morning with a couple of different situations. We'll do this with Austin, and we'll do this with you know, other other clubs as we go, because there's other talk about other dudes and things like that, and so, but let's start with Seattle since we're here, right now thirteen players under contract, thirteen senior roster spots at ten coo, Jonathan Bell, Leo Chu, Leo Chew right now is a U twenty two. We had the discussion with Niko Moreno last week about the deal for Paul Ariola. Nothing officially official yet, but Leo Chu would be going the other way when it comes to the ajesu's Ferira deal. So Hasius Ferrara one way the other way. It's am a boatload of it, an international spot and Leo Chew So nothing officially official yet, but Leo Chi would be heading the other way to Dallas fry Ye Margomez Androga, Danny Levia, Jordan Morris, Danny Mussovski, Christian Roldan, his brother Alex Knew who Obad Vargas is a homegrown and Pedro dela Vega is a young VP. Supplementals Baker, Baker Whiting, Castro Reagan, Brodillio Rodriguez and Paul Rothrock. Four non actives including Georgie Manongu. And then once again, you're U twenty two is a ten coo and Leo Chew, so once again this is waiting for all of the talk that we've had involving Ariola and Ferreira coming inbound and then signing Jordan Morris to a DP deal. You can go back into. You can actually can go back into Nico's social media because he pulled the sound bites and the discussions that we had about Aeroline, about Hazus Ferrera at El Rollo and w on the two hundred and eighty character app if you want to listen to it in two to two and a half minute chunks as opposed to the full thirty when we get into these discussions with it. So Seattle, still waiting about you know, you have to wait for deadlines and things like that. So still waiting on the whole for the Hasius Ferrera from Dallas for two million in Garber bucks and the international slot in Layo chew to go back the other way, still waiting on that. Also still waiting on Paul Ariol. But we've discussed them as ideas right now. So if we did let me get into like cap space and things like that, No, that's not specifically what I wanted at all. Okay, So popular page. This is from our friends at spot track. So right now you have in twenty twenty five. Well let's go back to twenty twenty four, because twenty twenty five is misleading numbers, and they had Philadelphia at the top. So Seattle last season in Major League Soccer was twenty second when it came to salary cap and cap number and dollars spent at sixteen million, just over sixteen million, six hundred thousand dollars, twenty second of the twenty nine. So if they were to bring in Marcus Rashford, top three. By the way, chicag Jago was number three last year in cap and showed you how successful they were at twenty five to three. Toronto was at thirty two seven and then obviously Messy and Friends at forty two north of forty two forty million, four hundred ninety five thousand, eight hundred and forty four dollars in senior roster spot to submissions, even had dead money last year from transactions. But anyway, so most certainly if you brought in a Marcus Rashford, you would be top three, you would skyrocket probably to number two. And there's news out of there's reports out of Toronto that we need to get into as well this morning. Toronto is another one of the other teams we were getting into, so Austin reports, Toronto reports. So if there was a situation where Marcus Rashford was going to Seattle, it would end up being something I know, if you just added twenty million to the whole thing. If you added twenty million to Seattle, let's put him at thirty six. Basically, if you invested twenty million dollars in one player, that puts you at thirty six million, and that would put you smack dab one b. It would put you at number two, four million dollars ahead of Toronto FC. So that's what Seattle would be looking at cap wise if the idea of a Club World Cup financial windfall was to basically be flipped into bringing in Amarcus Rastion. So, like I said, Jeremiah O'shan's article at Sounder at Heart and by the way, subscribe if you don't, if you have not yet, But the notion is there and being put out by Jeremiah that yes, it's financially out there, and it's also financially out there. So someone told Ben Jacob Seattle don't know who that somebody is, but Seattle talk to Jeremiah o'shan and they're like, no, we ain't getting that much money. So for us to be able to turn that and flip it and bring in a Marcus Rashford, it'd be kind of a stretch. So that's where the whole Marcus Rashford thing is. Jeremiah Shannon sounder at heart, then getting into the discussion about me and my frustrations when it comes to being shorted about things you shop, Thank you, David. David takes a multi vitamin morning. Tom Michael takes some supplements, but who knows if they actually work. I know, well, and Alex let me frae. Alex asks me this, he says, and you're washing him down with mountain dew. I could admit to something, but I could also then sit there and just say, well, yeah, sure, I'm washing it down with mountain dew. So I'm just gonna do that. Yes, I'm washing them down with mountain dew. Alex wink, wink, nudge, nudge. How'd you do? How'd you do? Tom right there with me, takes a multi turmeric. I take turmeric as well, glucosamine androit and magnesium and an aspirin. Let's see, so I take aspirin, turmeric, multi vitamin fiber, cranberry occupante for eyes since I'm north of thirty nine, and fish oil and because I end up by the time. By the time I'm done, it's like twelve or thirteen different things. But once again it goes to the bulk by and it goes to the Okay, then you're supposed to have pears and supposed to have enough for the pears that you take in the morning, but then I don't when I get to the bottom of the box. That was what started this whole thing. So I was wondering if I was by myself. David's like, the boss is playing that my husband is crazy. Long game. There's no long game involved, David, no long game at all, none, zero buppkus. Uh huh. I'm already crazy. So I don't know why you thought that was a long game. Wiley, of course, being the optimist, is saying, maybe they gave you a bonus one. I'm yeah, see, Wiley, I will let you be the optimist of the group. I will let you be the optimist. Not happening. I don't now, I don't yeah, not there. Yeah, Wiley's correct, maybe they gave you a bonus one. Yeah, my goals like, yeah, they gave you the one extra. Tom's want you sure the day count multi vitamins? Do that too? Will's like gummies. H Tom's like, I never get to the bottom of the container. You buy the reply container long before you get there, and when there's a few left in the old one, just added to the new one. So yeah, you're like that too. So you get the new one, then you take the old one, and then you dump what's left in the old one into the new one. So he said there, oh, look, I got more than I bargained for. I'm right there with you. No, I do the same thing, but there are times when I don't do the transfer. I don't do the pre emptying transfer, and I'll have the the one that I haven't opened and the one that's almost empty. And then that's why I got it. This is where I got into the situation, is that I had not emptied the old one into the new one. So that's why I had one at the bottom of the old one and it was not a part of the new one. So that's where we were. That's what started the whole thing. David's like, yeah, maybe you're getting fifty one extra half serving because the wife will sometimes take his and the women's maulting never be able to track it. Absolutely true, morning, Abby, Uh ask for weather supplements work or not. All the Tom knows is that adding the horrible joint pain in his knees and shoulders much less since he started taking glucosamina controit and absolutely true. Ask the Orthrow about it helps for about ten percent of the patients, and maybe Tom is in the ten percent. Abby says it takes like seven years post surgery to stop feeling the weather changes, especially when it comes to arthritis. Yeah, snow's expected later this week. Yeah, I mean, and that's like I said, we're trying to get out of town because the boss's mom is she has some surgery on her eyes later this week, and so we might be leaving after the show Friday to head south for the beach a day early, just so we can be there to help take care of her mom. So we'll see what's going on with that exactly. Will what is Russia? And judge then you need absolutely true? Yeah, And I washed it on delegate, and I did not put the I did not put the jerseys in the dryer. They've been hanging ever since trying to dry out themselves. And yes, Michael falconing since nineteen sixty six. The straight for the Falcons is now at seven. Tom, wouldn't he also have to have a heart to heart but with Tukel meaning Marcus Rashford, Yeah, I think you would. Wouldn't you have to have a heart to heart with Thomas Tukele about whether or not doing this, meaning going to Seattle, would affect prospects for his time with the Three Lions. I'm thinking that that would have to be a conversation Abbey with the public service. If you have a chance to go pay respects to President Carter recommend it went in the middle of the night Saturday, and the Sunday had been a while very educational additional to being able to pay respects. And we have until Tuesday morning at six am, I believe, I think. So it's all day today and overnight. I think you have until six o'clock tomorrow morning, and then the President is is brought on motorcade up to Washington, d C. So morning, Rich, morning to the OG, and so yes, good morning to the OG as well. And so Tom doing the Lord's work with a public Service, says that ac Milan are discussing internally whether to make a loan move from Arcus. Rashford and ac Milan could basically sit there and say, yeah, we'll just set money on fire. We'll talk about setting money on fire coming up in just a little bit morning, Harry, Yeah, and Michael. Absolutely true, as everyone knows whether forecasts four days out of conjecture. Absolutely true. All right, so setting money on fire. That was one of the other teams that we wanted to get into this morning. And once again Bart Keeler joining us in about ten minutes to discuss roughing down here and M and T stuff and anything else on his mind before we go. All right, So setting money on fire. There was a lot of talk last week about a particular player leaving Lega MX and coming back to Major League Soccer. Tommy scoops late yesterday, well lunchtime yesterday, Austin finalizing a deal to sign Brandon Vasquez from Monterrey Monterey. The fee is north of six million plus add ons. He is told Vasquez is going to travel to complete the transfer. Fall goes smooth, Brandon Vasquez will be Austin FC's new DP number nine. So and then Tom updated it three hours later, saying that Austin was going to pay a club record fee of around ten million Reusee's nearing a departure for river Plate according to sources, but that's not done. So if Dreusi leaves, Austin intends to add yet another DP. So here's the lay of the land with that once again Dreusi, if he goes, that opens up. Basically it ends up being a wash second time in a matter of months that the club will set a new club record. They set a new club record to sign Osman Bukari from Red Star Belgrade for seven million this summer, and so now the attack. Once Brandon Vasquez is in theory, signed, seal, delivered and brought into uh you know, brought into the land of the ver day, then it would be Vasquez and Bukari with river Plate chasing after dream. Pablo Noya first reported that the deal was close, nothing totally done yet they won't be done, meaning Austin. So then that means that a Driusi leaves, you've got Bukari, you've got Vasquez, and you'd have that third d P slot available again. Transfer window in Major League Soccer officially opens January thirty first, So we have twenty five days of these kinds of discussions ahead of us here at SDH in the morning show. First competitive games of the year in February, so there's plenty of time to add to what's going on. So remember, here's what Austin has done in the offseason. Rodolfo Borel took over in the summer of twenty three as sporting director. Now once again they let Joshualf go, and I would still I'm still I still have the thought bubble over my head as to why, if this was going to be the overall plan, why in the wide world of sports did you let him go, meaning Josh Wolf with a couple of matches to go in the season. If you knew your future, if you knew that your future was set, you weren't making the postseason. Why do you not give Josh Wolf the proper send off for all the time that he has given to the franchise and you cut him loose with a couple of matches to go. That was something that kind of rubbed me the wrong way. So then you get Josh Wolf, you let Joshuolf go, You're bring in Nico Estevez. You signed Osaman Bucari, Alexander's fatalk for center back and right back Michael Desler, three new starters. Vasquez becomes your star number nine. Seven players are already gone. Dreusi is likely to be the eighth. Fourteen players departed the club last year, including Ragoni, and I think Ragoni was headed to Leone if I have memory serves, and they used the once a season contract buy out on Ragoni. Josse Zartis was then bought out. This winner illyer In in the midfield. Now there's also, according to Bogert, there's another rumor out there suggesting that the club are in talks to signed jar Amendi, but those aren't true. According to Bogert, though the club will still add more. So that's the ins and outs right now of Austin. Austin last season ninth when it came to salary cap, they devoted just over just under twenty million, three hundred thousand to players on board. So the roster for Austin the Rostin perhaps team rankings, let's get into teams Western Conference. So here's your rundown of Austin FC, by the way, under Rodolpho Borel the new sporting director. And you knew that. The way that it traditionally works is that if there is a if there is a new sporting director, he's gonna want to bring in his own guy. That's no real that's no shock that Breill decided that he wanted to bring in his own guy and not keep Josh Wolf around as head coach. That that that makes perfect sense. And that's not the first time it's something like that's going to go down. So our friends at spot Track have decided that they wanted to kind of just be slow about their Monday. So, uh, Major League Soccer Western Conference, Austin, come on, it's deciding. It just kind of wants to take its own little sweet time when it comes to uh transactions this morning. So uh, when it loads, it loads, So we'll see what we'll see what We'll see what it looks like. So Tom morning four card, Tom once again mentioning uh hamas Rodrigg is now a free agent after terminating his contract with Ryovacano. Yeah, that that happened. That was mentioned a couple of different things yesterday. Michael wants to know if Atlanta would use their one time buy out on any players this year, don't know, Uh, totally, Yeah, you're totally free from Derrek Etchien Jr. And uh and possibly Louisa Brom. But the the there, the there that is there with Louisa Brom Luis right now is in the process. I mean Luis makes I think he's under contract at just over eight hundred thousand. And what I always maintain in situations with any player and any interest whatsoever, you don't want to use the one time only buyout on any individual unless you absolutely have to, meaning if there is no interest, if no one wants any player under any circumstances like nah, you know literally you have signed someone that is such a an untenable salary figure and you've reached the end of your rope internationally that you're just kind of like, yeah, we'll go ahead and do that. I don't think well, first and foremost, I know that I know that a lot of you were looking at the back line when it came to players that would be in this particular spotlight. But if a and I mean, look, you saw this with Bara, you saw this with Santi Sosa. Recently, when there's news about Rossing or reports about Rossing, that we'll talk about later on, but you end up with you end up with an asset. And I mean, and this sounds cold, but this is how you have to look at this. This. Sometimes you have an asset in a player who is under contract for X number of times at a particular salary figure. If worldwide there is no one that will take that individual off your hands, then and only then would you then I would think that you use that buyout and just set the individual free. Personally, I think that Luisa bram is one of those individuals that does and like I said, and I know that we disagree, that does well for you at the back when asked. At the same time, I know that a lot of you might look at his salary figure and sit there and go okay, that might be the guy that you would sit there, you know, because if you want to bring in and they know a cob full time, you want to bring in an Ephran Morales to be a part of things, You want to bring in a Matthew Edwards to be a part of things. Then you look at the salary number that is attached to Luisa Brom and that might be the guy that you put in your spots shadow. If there is no one on a worldwide basis that would be interested in Louisa Brom then and only then, or any individual period, any individual. If there's zero interest in player X across the board, then and only then would you use the bio because the salary figure is such an untenable number that you would sit there and go yes, well, but I mean, but I mean, Michael, like I said, I'm talking about this on a worldwide scale. Michael's like, I don't see any club taking a Brahms contract. It's husually inflated. But once again, until you kick the tires on the worldwide market, you don't know. And like I said, I know that we will disagree with the effectiveness of Luisa Brom. I know that we will. I know that we disagree on the effectiveness of Ronald Hernandez. Ronald Hernandez his salary numbers at four hundred thousand and Ronnie and I would go back and I would ask going into this season that you go to soccer down here dot Net, then that you go on our YouTube channel and you go back and listen to all of our content and all the interviews with Ronald Hernandez, just so you know what kind of individual that you have on your roster. In Ronnie, I mean the guy is willing to die for the shirt. Like I said, I know that we will disagree on both of those individuals. But once again, you had the same situation with Santi Sosa, and what you did is you knew that there was interest in Santiago Sosa, so you signed him and you kept him under contract, and sure enough Rossing was interested, and Rossing was like ooh, and so sure enough Rossing picks up Santi Sosa and then you don't have to worry about that salary figure anymore. So just keep an eye on the worldwide stage. It's not just something that is an internal to Major League soccer when it comes to players and availability and desire and because you never know who's interested. But as a last option, and I mean last, last, last, last, last, last option, I mean Josse's artist was making seven figures and Austin was like, yep, ain't nobody interested? Then that was why they used the buyout. So all right, so it is after ten o'clock and I've rambled on the subject a little further than normal, So it is that time where since we are now after ten o'clock, it's time to bring in Bart Keeler from the Soccer for USPOD to discuss things M and T, WNT and reffing down here. So good morning.
Speaker 2: Bart, Morning John.
Speaker 1: What's the mug, sir, Hair spray?
Speaker 2: Good morning Baltimore.
Speaker 1: Good morning Baltimore. And for those of you that got to watch the Ravens do their thing with a quarterback and a running back, so it was a bit of a it was a bit of a bit of a slog, but they got it done. So good morning Baltimore and all points in between. A couple of things that I wanted to get into before we get into reffing down here. And it was interesting that as I was looking for reffing down here in moments, there was apparently one moment from the brim that has stood out to all the others. Oh boy, yeah, I know. So we'll get into that. The athlete of the Year was named when it came to the the the men's national team, and it was a Jedi Robinson that was named as the Grand Exalted Puba Athlete of the Year. What say you about this nomination, sir? And was it worthy of the the nominee to get set award.
Speaker 2: Well congrants to Jedi. First off, this is the first defender to win it since Skucianyewu, like almost two decades ago. This is who I've voted for. Okay, he I think had the most consistent year for the US men's national team and was a very reliable performer. I think you could give accolades to guys like Christian Polistic, You could give accolade to maybe a Weston McKenney, Felaren Ballagan, you could give attackers their flowers. But you know, I think giving a defender this award kind of signifies that he is also very important to this team. He had several assists, he assists throughout the year and continues to be not just a good defender but a good leader on this team. You see what he's done with Fulham now taking over leadership duties at the club. He's been in great form for them, not just to start the Premier League season, but also throughout twenty twenty four. You know, I think it gets lost on people that you have a guy performing so well and so dutifully well in the Premier League. You know, when yes, we have some guys who squared off in a Cuppa Italia Final this weekend, and you have guys scoring goals in France and other places. But he's been a very reliable defender. He's been a very reliable teammate. And I think I think.
Speaker 1: He deserved it.
Speaker 2: He had a really good season for both club and country. And and it's hard because defenders don't often get because they don't score goals, you know, they don't have the assist. But Jedi has been providing some assists and he's been really influential in the team on and off.
Speaker 1: The field because I know that, uh, it's it's odd. It's almost like giving a it's almost like giving a an offensive or defensive lineman kind of an award. When it comes to football, it's not necessarily a pieces that we gravitate toward immediately to sit there and go, well, yeah, okay. But and then when the award gets handed out and you said to go, well, yeah, yeah, there's a point there, right, It's it was a typical direction to go. And that was the reason that I wanted to bring it up out of the flock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's who I voted for both when I got the you know, you can vote it's online, it's a fan vote. But also who I kind of suggested in our last episode of Soccer for US is saying, hey, you didn't win it, good for him and congress to him on his family's growing and you know, putting down roots in London and love to see it.
Speaker 1: Yep. Did we talk about the Becky Ceborne retirement.
Speaker 2: I feel like we had to have. I mean, this is not news, John, I don't know, or yeah, this is not news, but Becky is retiring.
Speaker 1: She's done. So yeah, I was just like, you know, and when it comes to her place in the discussion for the US women's national team, I mean, it's ninety eight times over that it cannot be you know, over emphasized just what she has meant to this program in the time that she's been there.
Speaker 2: Well, we talked about it a little bit with the listenair. Just a quietly confident and quietly proficient player.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: The writing joke is she's never a scored for the US women's national team, and by ally they tried to get her those goals. You know, it's unfortunate she was not able to go to twenty twenty three World Cup due to that ankle foot injury. I think I don't know if she meant. I don't think she makes us better necessarily because I think Germa and Arts were pretty darn good. But I think having Becky there does allow Vlatko a little bit of versatility by maybe pushing Julie Ertz into a defensive midfield role as opposed to just being a center back. But Becky has been the consummate leader of this program and is revered by all. But like two people who have played for this program as an entirety, and those two people's opinions are the outlier, and unfortunately one of them has a really big platform on a network that doesn't need to cover soccer ever. Again. But Becky as a player was one of the most just technically sound center backs I think we've ever seen. That was the biggest thing that she brought. You know, she was not a big, strong, powerful, towering, fast center back. You know, she's tall, but she's not a She's not one of those types of you know.
Speaker 1: Let's just put it away.
Speaker 2: An English coach wouldn't like her, John because she has this thing called class on the ball, and she has smart in her head, and that's just inconsistent with the way the English played this game. But she she really did kind of, I think, revolutionize that position for women soccer. Her and Wendy Renard kind of changed the idea of what center back should be in the game. You know. She she was really an influential player. Looking at how she played the game and how I think you're seeing a lot more of that type of style of center back now in the women's game.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's time for reffing down here, like we need like game show music or something.
Speaker 2: Now, boy, when are we talking first?
Speaker 1: Well, obviously, I think we got to talk about the one that's traditionally attached to your household, don't we We have to talk about Brighton Arsenal with the foul by Saliba on Pedro, I believe, yeah, And you're already you're already getting a migrate on this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh So, basically the rundown is Joel Pedro gets a loose ball inside the penalty area thirty minutes to go. First touch, lifted the ball, which goes up his chest, nods it forward. Then Saliba accidentally heads is j'el Pedro in trying to make a challenge Anthony Taylor points for a penalty checked by var penalty stands, and it eventually ends up being an equalizer. So when it comes to this particular act, is this along the same lines of you know, it doesn't matter if it's It's like, it doesn't matter if you take a swing and a miss at somebody, you still took a swing at somebody. And even if you missed the ball and head butt somebody, you still head butt somebody. Is that the same rationale here?
Speaker 2: I think that that's something that can be applied. Okay, I had a really I had a problem with this, John, and I think the problem is that I understand why it's given a penalty. There's contact, you know, mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm, you're thinking he's thinking a way too hard on it.
Speaker 2: I think my problem is that, in the context of this game, Anthony Taylor calling this a foul when there were multiple times where Brighton players just decided to, I don't know, bulldoze an Arsenal player and get little to no consequences for it. Yes, that contact is what's a penalty and decides the result of a game is a little bit out of sort with the rest of the game. We watched and and that I'll take this to a training session I had, oh gosh, I don't even know how long ago, but the referee instructor at the time was like, you know, sometimes we need to make sure we're all watching the same movie, and as a referee, you have to you have to understand that you need to be watching the same movie as everyone else, if that makes any sense, Johnny, and I think this is one of those examples of like, well, that didn't really fit the script. It's like calling the Bear comedy. Yeah, you know, it's not a comedy. The Bear is not a comedy. I watched that show and it is not a comedy. It's comedic parts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know, you hear you see.
Speaker 2: The comedic part and you go, oh, okay, back to the you know, drama and the brooding drama and a of a and we need Nikolafy to come on here and talk cinematography with that. I think think that's my issue with it, Johns. It just seemed out of place given the context of everything else. And then when you compare that to not giving a penalty to Arsenal for the Brighton defender slide tackling Gabrielle on a corner kick when the ball wasn't even I mean, had barely been kicked, but he's taken him out by the legs and not giving that a penalty, it just it felt inconsistent with the way the rest of the game had been played. Is it a penalty? Is it a foul inside the penalty area? Sure, sure, john we'll call it that. It just was very inconsistent with the way the rest of the game played out.
Speaker 1: So to your point, twenty minutes earlier, Arsenal had won the corner and then O'Reilly and gabrielle magleish, which is what you were getting into. Now, I go to ground Gabriel jay Zeus heads over from the corner, but then once again the case for a penalty, and no penalty was called.
Speaker 2: So so that one was more way, more contact and interference, and I had missed header that did not interfere with the attacker's ability to continue.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then so then here's the rationale by Dale Johnson. In this case, the ball wasn't in play when the foul on Gabriel took place. Therefore a penalty isn't possible, and that I mean, he's.
Speaker 2: Gonna explain that because Dale likes to not give Arsenal credit. But I think that is not also how it happened. But that's just my opinion. I don't. I also understand, and I'll say this about the Gabrielle thing, is he initiates contact by pushing the defender. Yes, fore card I know, And I said that, Okay, I said that.
Speaker 1: I didn't.
Speaker 2: I said I didn't like it because fit the context of the game. I didn't say it wasn't a falancide. But if you're gonna say contact is contact, then what the hell was going on twenty minutes prior on the corner kick? What I'm saying, that's what I'm saying, and that's the consistency that we want. Okay, are we watching the same movie? Oh? Because I'm watching this game going. You know, you've got guys throwing elbows. It seems like thrusting through Arsenal players, just running them over with no regard to health, life or reason, and they're just getting a foul call. There's no yellow card show. But a header that is slightly missed is now a penalty kick. But you're not giving it.
Speaker 1: And I don't.
Speaker 2: I disagree with Dale. I think that when the foul occurred, it very clearly the ball had been put into play, So I disagree with him on that, but you know Dale's rights for ESPN and I don't so.
Speaker 1: Ah well, but that's why that's why we have you and the four less.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll admit it's hard for me to talk about this because as an Arsenal fan, right, the penalty kick has called for that, but not for this, and one of those things was a much more influential action on the game. Yes, and again it just did not fit the way that Anthony Taylor called the game the rest of the way. But hey, good for him. His Manchester team got a result. Good from Anthony Taylor.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, let me get into dog Sew. Here full of and ipswich. Harry Wilson looks to be through in the twenty seventh brought down by Leaf Davis. Darren Bond produces a yellow. But was there a case for a red for dog Sew And the decision by var was that there was no red for dog Sew and I would I would pause it that because there was a defender, say seven to ten yards to the play's right that you have to assume in that regard that the player can shift his angle and be there to help defend. Am I wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this was giving a lot of giving a lot of credit to the defender. But I also think again, when you look at dog so distance to goal, distance to the ball, direction of play, and defenders present, and I think it's a little bit fair to say that it all of those weren't fully met, If that makes sense, Yeah, defenders being one of those. But I don't think that it's I don't think it meant any of the like. I don't really think this was a true dog Soo type thing, especially when you look at how many defense were close by, and then his ability to play the ball toward goal again with an obvious goal scoring opportunity.
Speaker 1: So okay, then once again you end up with the possible penalty where you have once again, and by the way, very very busy Harry Wilson, very very busy.
Speaker 2: He's been involved with the several var situations past month. Hey, I mean, well, when the Premier League plays a game every day, I get it.
Speaker 1: So yeah. Well, and at the same time, dude, I mean, if Ipswich makes sure that Harry Wilson is going to be at the point of the spear. Then you need all the help you can get sometimes. So in the twenty five to Go goes to ground on a challenge waves the penalty away, but the referee waved away penalty appeals goes to VAR and it ends up being scored by Rol Jimenez. Yep. So once again this goes to the idea of correcting an error, and this was viewed as an on field error and oh my god, VAR does its job, question Mark.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think in the run of play, you're looking at like if yeah, you're looking at like three players around another player, right, and you are tempted to look at the player most proximant to the defender, most proximate to the attacker and the ball. And when you look at that, like, there wasn't a foul committed, Does that make sense? But when you looked at the bigger picture, you could see that the defender kind of tripped the attacker from behind, and you may not the referee may not have been honing in on that, if that makes any sense. So, yeah, this was a clear and obvious error. You know, obviously, I think VAR first needed a check. Was this inside or outside of the penalty area. I think once you saw it from a better angle, it was very clearly inside the penultaria where the contact was made. And again we go back to what four card reminded me of Arsenal. Contact is contact and no matter where it is on the field, and it happened to be inside the penalty area. So therefore VR can say no, this is a penalty kick. Oh boy, it's only not contact is contact when Arsenal was trying to score on a set piece.
Speaker 1: Ah yeah, I see how this.
Speaker 2: I'm salty this morning, and I won't apologize.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with nothing wrong with being salty. I mean monday, I saw.
Speaker 2: Luisa Brahm stuff in the chat too, and I walked in, so that maybe even wow.
Speaker 1: And I know, but as as I remind folks, I said, it's about controlling an asset. It has nothing to do.
Speaker 2: It's he's not an asset, John, what's the top instead of an asset in the financial sense, he's not even that. He's a burden.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's all right. Look, if I can make almost a million dollars a year being bad at my job, sign me up.
Speaker 1: I would love that. Oh yeah, you and I definitely disagree.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Jason's on here, so yeah, we just like my shot. So I.
Speaker 1: So then all right, so then after not getting a penalty now and this is this is crazy because the the Ipswitch Fulham match had like seven I know, I know. Then you get a then you get a penalty. So basically you get a penalty awarded because Staniel on the lap. The ref immediately goes to the spell that it.
Speaker 2: Looked worse than it was. But again it was like, well he tried to kick the ball. He didn't really kick the ball. He kicked the foot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean literally, it's like you can't turn, you can't turn a direction. It's it's like the the old target practice thing at the the amusement park where you're shooting the duck and the you know, you shoot the duck and the duck changes direction. You shoot the duck again and it changes direct. So no matter how many times you shoot and hit the duck, you're gonna end up getting the penaly out of this stuff. It's when you when you're in a situation like this, let me let me, let me ask you this. When it comes to being an official, you've got a game that's heading a certain direction and I and I mean this in the sense of uh, like in in ipswitching Fulham, it's like penalty, penalty penalty. It's like bang bang bang. You end up with uh. With the play on the field heading in a certain direction and like it's heading downhill fast. How do you how do you keep it from spiraling out of control? When you have a game that seems to have the personality that it is spiraling out of control and oh my god, we've got to pull the reins back in here, even if your even if the calls of the crew have been consistent, how do you keep a game from spiraling out of control on the field and making sure that you guys meaning the officials, keep control of it no matter how everything seems to be going downhill?
Speaker 2: Other two scenarios. One is at the professional level, you would call the captain you know you may have a harsh foul. Or is a coming together a moment where nothing really happened, but you can tell that things are about to happen. The proper protocol would be to whistle for your captains from a team to come over, have a nice talk with them, say boys, because at this point, they're not being gentlemen.
Speaker 1: Boys.
Speaker 2: You need to tell you the rest of your team, as I'm telling you now, the way this match is headed, the temperature of this match. We need to be focused on playing soccer. This is what I always tell kids. We need to be focused on playing soccer right now and right now we're not focused on soccer. We need to get back to trying to play the sport in a fair manner. That's the word we want to use. Fair right, tone it down, Let's get back to playing fairly. Now. That's at the professional level where you have or whatever level you have designated captains. They've got the arm band, that kind of stuff. A lot of the times when I'm referring the captain is just whoever happened to be, you know, first to practice that week or whatever. You know, they don't really have a lot of captains designated, or even if they do, there's three of them, so you know, it's not really like you can say, okay, captain, come here. Yeah, and I have at many points. You know, one you if there's a particularly harsh vowel that you have whistled, you call that player to you and say, hey, this is getting out of hand. You need to control yourself and play fairly. That's if it's a player that has been kind of issues, but if it's simply if it's emblematic of a match that's going toward the chaos realm. Yeah, I have many times taking the opportunity after a foul before restart and I'll just I'll loudly say to the entire team, y'all, that's enough. We need to focus on being playing fairly. We need to play smart, and we need to play soccer. Let's get back to that and we'll go on. And usually that's kind of like the warning shot of I see what's happening. Then the thing, though, John, is you have to back it up with your next action.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, because there's inevitably going to be a foul after that, right, So how you react to that foul. We'll tell players how serious you are about what you just said, and so you give you a little speech, be it to the captains or the teams as a whole. The next time you get a foul, you just need to be a little bit more proactive instead of reactive. So first off, you're now looking for possibly tightening your grip on the game when I know, we don't like referees when they insert themselves from the game, but you've got to tighten your control on the game, and that may mean you call some extra fouls that you maybe haven't called before that I know we went consistency, but when players are showing their inability to control themselves, you have to control the game a little bit more. So you might call some fouls that you maybe hadn't before, or maybe instead of letting an advantage play, if it's not a super obvious advantage, right, you might just foul and then the other thing that you need to do. And this is good practice, but you know it doesn't always need to be done. Is you need to be very quick to get to the spot of that foul because again you're anticipating, right, people acting in untoward manners.
Speaker 1: People acting the fool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, so you just need to be present. And it sucks because that means that you as a referee, especially if you're like me and you've refereed, you know, four games in a day, and you're like, man, it's minute sixty nine of an eighty minute match and I'm just ready to go home, and you know, there's a beer in the fridge waiting for me. You may not want to put in that extra effort to have to kind of sprint to where you called a foul, or being a little bit more close to play, or being a little more in tune with what players are saying or not saying. But you just have to be you as a referee, have to be a little bit more proactive, raise your level of urgency, and understand that you have to be a little bit more policing and controlling of the game, because again, they're not controlling themselves, they're not policing themselves. You have to do that for them.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, how hard is that?
Speaker 2: That's hard, John, truly because and I've had this problem where and you know, you want the teams to be able to play fair, but sometimes teams are not interested in play soccer. I mean truly, you know they they do come out there and they're like, I'm going to do this and that and and what's the line of do I call everything or do I let them play soccer? Because at some point we got to have this game and we got to get through the ninety minutes or whatever and have some sort of result. I can't be belonging my whistle over two seconds because you know, players are being silly, so as a referee you kind of have to adjust your own line sometimes. You know, we we'd hear about this when we have finals or in a tournament play. You know, we don't want the referee to make a decision. So that's why we don't give yellow cards or whatever. And I don't necessarily agree with that, because I think you need to have your standard and if that is a yellow card, then you need to give a yellow card. Players have to be held accountable for their actions. But again the problem is, how do we as referees understand that our standard and their standards are a little incompatible and we have to somehow find a way to to meet the where they are in some cases while still maintaining a fair play in the game and the laws of the game.
Speaker 1: It's hard along those lines. How hard is it to bring your crew along with you, if that makes any sense, If if I'm wording that properly too, it's like, okay, guys, we've all got to pull the rope here.
Speaker 2: How hard well part of that is going to be when you're at the professional level, or you know, at our level. You're probably looking at maybe the college game or semipro where you do have communications headsets. That is a conversation you're having throughout the game, like, oh, this is getting chippy, and maybe your ar is saying something to your fourth official met be probably the one who's really able to measure that a little bit better, and they might give you that in the in your ear peers saying like, hey, man, like it's getting a little out of hand. You might want to tighten up a little bit. But when you don't have that, the center referee is a little bit isolated out there. You might have that talk at halftime say hey, look, things are getting a little out of hand. I need you all to be a little more observant of things happening behind the play. I need you to be more willing to pop your flag and call a foul if you need to. So you might say that, but it is hard at my level when I'm not running out there with a you know, five hundred dollars communications set to communicate with the rest of my officials. Now, part of that is also that they're not really in charge of making those decisions. They really aren't a good official will understand, oh, I need to be a little more A good AR will also understand who I need to kind of tighten up my own game here, and they might see the center going, okay, he's he's taking a little bit more of a proactive approach. I need to do that as well. But when you do not have that communication device on your head, it is hard because there's not really a time that you can just go talk to your AR. You know, there might there are hand signals maybe you could give. You can maybe look at it and me like, hey, hey, John, like you know, this is kind of our signal of like we need to tighten up a bit, but it's not really there's not really a natural break in action for us to be able to do that. So it is hard. It's just something that as a center referee you have to kind of lead by example and hope the ars follow you in that example.
Speaker 1: And this just popped into my head as a question, how much more difficult is it or is it easier when you have a two ref setup and you don't have ars versus a solo ref with ars, Because there are times in the high school there are times in the high school game where you'll have of the two refs and it'll be like a fifty to fifty on opposite sides or what have you, versus the center f with ars. How much more difficult is it to navigate a match when there's just two of you versus Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's a reason why the two man system is not allowed in USSU, and it's mainly just because now you have two decisions like actual decision makers. And that's kind of the issue here is you have an ARS are assistant referees. They have very two, very specific jobs. Their number one job is offside, right, because that is something that as a center referee, I factually just cannot call every time that's I can't do it. I cannot be able to see that, which is also why I hate that at the U ten level we still have it because we don't have ARS a lot of times and we're still expected to call it and I go, I don't know, he might be offside. So from that standpoint, you have ARS there to literally just call off side. And then their secondary job, which technically is their secondary job, is balls in and out of play. Again, those are things that as an as a center referee, it's hard for me to truly like call correctly one hundred percent of the time. But other than that, the ars really aren't supposed to do too much. You know, we asked them to help us out on foul calls, but even then it needs to be coming from the center official most of the time. So when you add two true decision makers on the field, it just gets a little crazy because you might have one who sees the game a little bit different than the other, and so truly a foul on one half the field could not be a foul on the other half. And it's because you have two different set of eyes and two different perspectives calling a game.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I said, I just wanted to that was literally was something that.
Speaker 2: John that they do it because you don't have that like to get three referees for you know, say you have ten referee ten games on a on a Friday night, right, and that would mean thirty referees versus twenty, you know. I mean, that's just the reason why they do the two man. It's not for any other reason than money and availability of referees.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I said, just Derek is obviously also not a fan of the two rep.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: I if I remember correctly, you know, Georgia High School basically mandated that, at least when I was playing that if it's a region game, like a game that meant something. So region games and playoff games needed to have three officials because you know, they do require that. I don't know how much they're able to actually stick to that, yeah, because again it's tough, especially when you have guys like me who don't referee high school because I can't get to a high school at five thirty in the afternoon when I work until five.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, yes, the whole real world thing getting in the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean seriously, you know why most if Johnny know this, When you look at a lot of high school officials, they look older than you.
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 2: Why is that? You know, Yeah, they're retired or you know something. You know, they're already up at six am so that they they're done with work by three or whatever. I don't know how they do it. Yes, it is a problem, but it's also just kind of you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Well, then so then what would you say for those that I mean, because we know across the board that the sport needs more officials. How would you how would you impress upon individuals that might be sitting on the fence or you know, I don't know, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I would not put this on the individuals who aren't involved. I would put on the individuals who are making decisions for those who are involved. Okay, so entirely too expensive to expect people to put forth the money, not just to certify, but then for the equipment that you need to referee, and then you add onto you know, specific to the situation. Just start the games a little later. It's really well it is. You know, I can swing getting off at four. Yeah, you know I can't swing getting off at three thirty. Yeah, because I have to be there for high school games A lot of times, you thirty minutes before is too late.
Speaker 1: If that makes sense, Yeah, it did.
Speaker 2: So if you're starting at five thirty and I have to be there at five and I'm going, you know, or I need to be there at four thirty, I should say, well, that means I need to leave a lot of times, you know, thirty minutes to forty five minutes to an hour beforehand, depending on where I'm going. And Lord knows, in Atlanta. It takes an hour to get from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think Atlanta, and I would think, and I don't know that, and I don't know the machinations involved in something like this, but I would maintain that if you had a rash of available officials and you knew where they lived going into a season, that you could orchestrate, say for you, as an example, knowing where, knowing the part of the knowing the part of the planet that you that you're in. Yeah, if I gave you assignments at North Atlanta, if I gave you an assignment at Midtown, if I gave you an assignment in the Cab County at Saint Adams or something, or north to Cab, something like that, something geographically desirable, it would be a lot easier for you to make those those deadlines and make those appearance deadlines so you could call the matches so you don't have these shortages.
Speaker 2: Yes, and no promise, John, where did you know a lot of the referees live?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also in that similar geographic area you know, So you're right. I mean, in theory, you're getting assigned games that are close to you, but you also the other problem is like say, I say Bart Keeler lived still in Gwinnette County, right, Okay, so Kart Beeler lives in in in you know, Bart still lives in Gwinnette, as do a lot of other officials. Gwenette has. Oh gosh, I don't even know how many high schools we have now A lot, A lot, I mean seriously a lot. I mean it's grown. It's almost double since I graduated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you're talking entire regions in classification, in multiple areas. You know.
Speaker 2: So there are a lot of officials who live in and around Gwennette County, right, but they're also problem there as John. And not to be a little bit arrogant, but if you're in Cobb or Gunette, guess what those are? Where the best high school teams are. I mean that bears out year ever a year over year. I mean, you know, you look at Wheeler, Marietta, Chattahoochee, and then you look at park View, Grayson, Brookwood, Peatree, Ridge, Mill Creek, you know, berkmar of recent state change. You know, all these high schools that have high level teams. Because also when you look at the youth clubs where the youth clubs are in Gobyn Gwinett. So now you're talking about well like, well, you have to have a referee who's up to I mean, John, you've covered it. You gotta have a refereees up to the park forew Brookwood standigans. Yes you know, I mean GHSA doesn't just put any group of seven guys out there for that park for Brookwood football game. Because if you do that, you know that that you know, that's that's the other problem here is, you know, you can't have Wheeler Marietta go out there and just be like, all right, y'all have fun. Here's some two guys who have never referee before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't. You can't have Hillgrove in the Keecher and going No.
Speaker 2: Exactly, you can't do that. You can't have McIntosh and stars Milk go out there and say, here's some guys who have never played soccer before.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, yeah, you can't have a two ref system for Dalton and Macintosh.
Speaker 2: No oh god, no, you know. And that's the other thing is okay, well Gainesville Dalton, oh boy, you know those are referee those are way up there. Yeah, And the reality is most of the good referees live in and around the Atlanta area because they get a lot of the better games because that's where the better clubs are. Anyway, it is a it is a multi faceted, most multi layered problem.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: And as Abby also points out, the referee thing is cost. You know, schools are paying the cost and so paying the cost for three referees versus two referees, well, you know, you may pay both referees sixty bucks. I think it's one hundred actually for a center. Okay, that's two hundred dollars. It sounds like a lot. But if you have to pay a center ninety say now a three man crew. But then you got to play the pay the you know, the ar is sixty to seventy bucks each. Well, now that's more than paying two referees one hundred bucks.
Speaker 1: So forty you're hoping that you get at least fifty people to come in and watch the match.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And you're not charging a whole lot. And that's another thing is they have gotten to somehow, for some reason, charging students to attend games, which I think is the dumbest thing that's ever happened. Ever, I think but that uh huh. Anyway, there are a lot of issues, and this is where I contendally just want to say the problem a lot of times is because you have people making decisions that are not making decisions for the benefit of the kids playing the game. Okay, period. I think that is a fair assessment. You have a lot of people, though, who are trying to do right as well, and we need more people who are involved in the game whose goal is to make the game better, not make money off the game. This may or may not be coming up in the my So this week is soccer for us where we talk about resolutions.
Speaker 1: Okay, so as to tease, as they say in the biz.
Speaker 2: The problem we have in this country is it's expensive, yes, to participate in this game. We all know this, but it's also hard to do something for the benefit of the game because there are way too many people who see this as a business opportunity and this country views capitalism as the only virtue. And until we get away from that, we're going to have these problems continually. And you and you soccer and new sports across the port.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh and so when are you getting together to record the new episode of soccer.
Speaker 2: Tonight or tomorrow night. We're trying to figure out schedules because a couple of people have kids, and what did the kids do this week? John, they go back to school Friday.
Speaker 1: Why the supplies kick him in the buttons?
Speaker 2: And I know, I know we'll have an episode out by Friday. So that's that is the plan. So we'll be recording early this week. But we're trying to nail down when, because again, you know, you may think the schedule is what it is until you send them after school today and then you know, things happen and then both both the other guys I also have kids playing soccer, so that that doesn't help either, because I'm sure the one in Maine probably isn't playing soccer today the weather, But Georgia can still go out and play soccer.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at the weather on the big fifty five off in my left. Yeah there's a lot of pink and purple, and yeah.
Speaker 2: Go buy your milk and brid y'all so you can have your milk bread sandwiches.
Speaker 1: Yes, milk bread sandwiches. All right, my friend, it's always great to catch up with you on Mondays. We're looking forward to that new episode of the Soccer for USPOD and we'll catch up with you soon. Good morning Baltimore, Good morning Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll have predictions and resolutions coming out this Friday, so I'll be good yes.
Speaker 1: Or not, whichever is more fun. So there goes Bart, and it's always fun to have Bart kind of break everything down from a couple of different angles, and it's always it's always fun to get his perspective on things. So it's always it's always nice to have Bart dropping by on Mondays or pretty much whenever Bart raises his hand and he sits there and goes, yo, fam, I got something to talk about. So it's always it's always fun to get the reffing perspective from Bart, to have him walk through plays so we can understand more about perhaps the mental aspect of the game from a center ref perspective and things like that. So Soccer for us PO d at Bartamus Prime nineteen on the two hundred and eighty character app. I do have a breaking news sounder, but I am not going to use it because it's not news. If we get to the point to where something is news, I will use the breaking new sounder, but apparently. According to Ben Jacobs and our friends at GMS, Lowpategy is said to be sacked by west Ham Graham Potter as a leading candidate to replace, So keep an eye on that involving involving folks and involving the idea of perhaps oh I don't know you, Sir can can be the new head coach at west Ham. So it looks like Juwel and Lopateggy might be on his way out on the board. It looks like Brian mccab has signed a new contract to mark his eleventh season and loose in the louisvill at lou City for twenty twenty five. So he has signed a new deal. Red Bulls Red Bulls two defender jay R Colajuazo has been named to ECUADORI, the ECUADORI and U twenty national team for the twenty twenty five Common Ball U twenty Championships. Sophion Jaffall is joining Lexington SC's men's team in a transfer from San Antonio FC, so there's news there as well. Joe Bellingham being targeted by Crystal Palace again this January. According to our friends at Talks, Sport Eagles hold a long term interest in the nineteen year old who has valued at twenty million pounds by Sunderland. So there's that information. The other stuff that we wanted to get into involving Major League Soccer Toronto FC, according to that great reporter known as Sources, sounds like a rock group from the nineties. Sources, it appears that there might be possibly, probably maybe working towards a departure for Lorenzo Insignia in the winter. So according to Tom Boger, Tommy Scoop says, nothing is imminent or settled, so it's not quite a scoop, so it's staring at tea leaves, perhaps by Tommy Scoops. Both sides motivated to split before the twenty five season. Sources say transfer windows open for the most of the world this month, so literally the transfer windows opened this month for the rest of the planet doesn't kick in from Major League Soccer until the end of the month, so it could see a return to Europe for Insignia or head to the Middle East. Toronto could choose to use the contract buyout. We talked about the buyout involving Atlanta United players and just as an fyi I mentioned controlling an asset, the contractual, the monetary, very ideas behind it. Santi Sosa last year, to give you an idea, guaranteed compensation was seven hundred and seventy eight thousand dollars. And there was a reason that at Land United kept him under contract was because there were clubs that were interested. Rossing was interested, and so Rossing knocked on at Land United's door, didn't and saw the seven seventy eight one and didn't flinch. So that's what you're uh So, just as a contractual comparison, Luisa Brahm guaranteed compensation last year eight seventy one, So it's one hundred thousand dollars difference in the asset that we were discussing. In an asset, there's always a reason that until the bitter bitter end, if no club on this planet is interested, then you would use the bio for Toronto. By the way, in Signor's contract runs for the summer of twenty twenty six. In Signe's the second highest paid player in Major League Soccer behind Messi. He makes fifteen point four fifteen point four for Lorenzo and Signe, more than the total wage bill of seven Major League Soccer clubs. So Lorenzo in Signe by his lonesome, by his lonesome, made more than an ish ton of teams himself fifteen point four million, just to give you an idea, fifteen point four Well, and you're looking at the senior wage bill. Total allocations, by the way, are aren't that bad? Fifteen point four was more than San Jose and Montreal in total allocation. But if you're looking at it from just senior moneies given, then it's a lot more than that. So fifteen point four by the way, so fifteen point four is eleven fourteen more than half if you're looking at senior roster spots. By the way, total allocations at fifteen point four, he only made more than San Jose and Montreal in total, but senior dollars at fifteen point four he made more than NYC, Charlotte, Portland, Sporting Atlanta, Crewe, Vancouver, San Jose, Minnesota all Caps, Colorado, RSO, Philadelphia. In Montreal, that's senior dollars. Total allocations is just two by the way, fifteen point four San Jose in Montreal. San Jose was just under fifteen and Montreal was just over twelve. We do have news involving or reports involving Montreal coming up in just a sec So fifteen point four. Some MLS clubs report for preseason training within the week, the rest within two. And this follows into the age of understatement from Bogert in Signor's North American sojourn has not gone to plan. Forward's time has been marked not by goals or assists, but by losses, off field, drama and lack of availability. Toronto has not made the playoffs once in his two and a half years at the club, finishing dead last in twenty twenty three. Fifty four regular season appearances in his time at the club fourteen and fourteen. By the way, so there was an article in twenty twenty three at The Athletic that Tom Bogert references by Joshua Clokey behind the scenes look at the locker room, in which in Signior pushed for the firing of head coach Bob Bradley. Do you remember that? Later that season The Athletic also detail an incident which in Signior stormed out of training after an argument with Terry Dunfield, the interim who'd replaced Bradley. Toronto playing Messi and Friends in signior was only fit enough to make the bench. Subbed in toward the end of the match, John Hardman appeared to take a shot in senior At the press conference quote, you could see he didn't have much in him. I think he managed to get Messi's shirt though. But yeah, still without a head coach. By the way, Toronto, they don't have a head coach yet. Final stage of that search according to Bogert. By the way, Bernardeski still on the roster, not making fifteen point four. Also the transfer notebook, it looks like Zamelec in Egypt is negotiating to sign Mahalo Opoku from c F Montreal. Themelek submitted a loan bid with a purchase option. Montreal are not interested in entertaining a loan offer. Talks are continuing. Total of nineteen players have left Montreal in the last two windows. A Poku would make twenty. Montreal brought in Caden Clark, Jaquil Marshall, Ruddy and Fabian Aerbers. This winner, the Soamlek are the top dogs in the Egyptian Premier League fourteen points after seven matches, fourteen titles, five CALF Champions League title since two. Only two clubs have won the Egyptian title, Zamalkanlaclete, Club America Cluba Medica have bid for Ritchie Ledesma. PSV bids under review says that Luis Merlow, at all Ledesma's eligible for the Mexican national team could count as a domestic player. In Lega m Akis broken back into PSV Einhoven's first team after at right back. Sources say Club America like his versatility to play both right back in central mid one senior m and T cap seventeen appearances for PSV five in the Champions League. Attacking midfielder. Ledesmas starred for the US at the U twenty World Cup, beating France in the round of sixteen, eliminated by Ecuador in the quarters. The Ecuadorian squad had eleven players who've gone on to make their senior debuts. Santos have bid for Josh Windas. Yes, that is true. Brazilian giants Santos have bid for Josh Windas from Sheffield Wednesday confirm the bid in an interview with Talk Sport. Santos, managed by Pedro Kaishna, who managed a wind Ass at Rangers, turns thirty one this week. Pierre's his new contract expires in the summer and he'll be a free agent again. Sheffield Wednesday, middle of the table right now, tenth but just three points outside of the promotion spots. So you have those pieces of news involving folks in folks out. What have you the other pieces of news involving folks by the way, just over the over the over the weekend. No, not NBA. You hit a button and you're thinking something's going to happen or more compost by the way. Signed by transfer from LAFC to krus Asoul. The transfer fee estimated at five million dollars. We mentioned what's going on in Montreal. Michael Adedicat signed a one year deal includes twenty six, twenty seven and twenty eight eight with club options, so basically it's a four, but it looks like it's a one with three options. The forward out of Ohio State has signed his deal, so it's club options for twenty six, twenty seven and twenty eight. The cap cap hit as if yet undisclosed. Mattias Kokuro is going to join Atlas FC and the Gonzale pineda loan from Montreal to Atlas through the end of the twenty five season. Donovan Prisienne has signed a two year deal with New England which includes options for twenty seven and twenty eight. We'd mentioned the Mattaia Kimboni transfer from DC to Bournemouth. Bournemouth not done looking to pick up a left back for eight million for eight million pounds from South America on a three year deal. We mentioned Fabi and airbers Anis said he was transferred from Philly to sand Diego for one hundred thousand dollars in gam split across twenty five and twenty six plus another two hundred and fifty thousand conditional garberbucks with a sell on percentage and a trade percentage. So young talent goes from Philly to San Diego. As San Diego and Tyler Heaps continue to build their roster up. Tobias saw Quist transferred from North Cheland to Chicago, and we had mentioned Bradley Carnell to Philadelphia from All Caps esmer Byrick Terovitch signed by transfer from New England to PSV Eindhoven. Once again, we had mentioned that Byreck Terovitch was a certifiable pain in that you know what when it came to his play in MLS Next Pro and a cup of coffee that he had in Major League Soccer. So big piece of business for New England and for New England to sign him and Fim this way right now, only eight senior roster players available for New England. New England will be one of the more famous, more fascinating roster bills the upcoming year. Eight senior players Boa, tang By Campana, chunk Aalai. We don't know how healthy it is to start the season Companha, Chunkalai and Heal the three dps. Ivacic Paneotu is a homegrown Matt Polster. Eight senior players, three supplementals Peyton Miller, Will San Santi Suarez. They're all guaranteed for twenty five non active roster slots. Noel Buck, Bryan Sebalos, Luis Diaz who was brought in on a free, Farrell Fafanna, Malcolm Fry, Luca Langoni, who they have a lot of expectations for coming up in twenty five. To Mario Macintosh Parisian, we mentioned Vrioni, Jackson, yule Al Hasan Yusef. Right now, you got four dps Kmpanha Chunkalai Heel and Rione Langoni's You're only you twenty two. But I will be intrigued right now you get twenty three players, twenty three players right now in New England? How is that gonna build out? I will be fascinated to see what it's gonna be in New England because of the players that have been moved to San Jose, all four of them. That Bruce Arena was like, yeah, I'll take them, sure enough he did. And then you sell byrek Terovich to ps Behindhoven. You got space, how are you gonna fill it? I am intrigued by the conversations of Kurdinolfo and Caleb Porter and what that looks like coming up in the upcoming year, right really in the upcoming month, to be perfectly honest, all right, So gossip, rumor and innuendo, What to watch, where to watch? How to watch it? Remember you do have Monday night football this afternoon, and I'm not talking about the one DOUBLEA championship in college football. You do have the juice boxes this afternoon. Liverpool are open to accepting an offer for anywhere from fifty to sixty million pounds for Darwin Nunez. Ac Milan are the latest club groom. We mentioned the Marcus Rashford deal. That's from the four letter paper. Take the information at your own. Peril west Ham drawing up a list of attacking targets for January, which includes Brighton, Evan Ferguson, Wolves, Wong he Chon and Middlesbrough's Emmanuel latelth matteos Kunya close to signing a new lucrative deal at Wolve's amid interest from Arsenal. There will be a writer in there if Wolves were to get relegated. Randall Kolamawane could leave PSG this month with ac Milan. You've a Byron Rbi Leipsig Villa and Spurs all interested the forward. That's once again from our buddy Ben Jacobs. Chelsea midfielder Cesarey Casaday has agreed to join Tarino, although the clubs remain a part of a fee. That's from John Luca Demarcio Galatassar I one hundred percent convinced that Victor Oceiman, who's on loan from Monopoly, will not leave in January. That's from Floria and Plettenberg and are friends at Sky Germany. Ac Milan have offered to take Donnie Almo on a six month loan as he's currently unavailable due to LaLiga registration restrictions put on Barsa. That's from Corierra della Seta via Sport. Remember, Barsa can't sign anybody. They can't even do the wimpy philosophy of I'd gladly sign you tuesday for a clearance today. No word yet on whether Barcelona wants to pursue the window and the desires of assigning players to any further legal levels. I still think, and I have no basis in fact in any of this, that the Court of Arbitration for Sport will be the next step in this. I have no basis of any reporting, anything seen, anything one way or the other. But my gut tells me that if Barcelona still thinks that they should sign the man, that they got to find a way to do it. Therefore, the Court of Arbitration for Sport would be the next step. For me. The leagues like nope. Barcelona went back and they went like but but leagues like nope, Well we still want to sign it on you can't. So I think that if you go through legal channels. For me, the next largest step is court of arbitration for sport. Barcelona can't even buy blanking groceries. I'm being somewhat facetious in this, but that's where things stand.
Speaker 2: They are so poorly.
Speaker 1: Financially sound right now, I what can you do? The answer, according to the eyes of Theliga is bupkiss and I think that's the official financial term. But you can't do nothing. You can't sign Danny Olmo. Well we want it, but you can't. But we want it, but you can't. Literally, that's the argument. This is like arguing of the six year old or a young child, pick your age. Well, I want to know you can't, but I want to know you can't, but I want no, you can't. And so that's where we are right now with Barcelona and then wanting to register players. You can't. You cannot with your current financial situation sign anyone. But we want it, but you can't. So I think that legal ramifications next step. It's gonna end up being court of arbitration for sport. Like I said, that's just me. Ola doesn't want to leave Barsa, who received some unofficial approaches about his availability, but not a formal offer that's from Marsa mentioned Josh Windass and also Swansea are among them. A number of European clubs angamu for twenty year old Saudi midfielder Abdul Malik al Jabear who plays for Zealjesnakar in the Bosnian Premier League. So that's your that's your gossip rumor in innuendo for the day. Now what to watch, where to watch it, how to watch it? We know about the one the one game Monday night football. Ac Milan and inter Milan meet in the super Coopa Italiana, but that's in Saudi Arabia. The Saudi King Cup is going on right now and it is on FS two for those of you that have FS two. Second half of Al Shabab and Al Faja Wolves in Nottingham Forest coming up at three o'clock on USA and simul cast appropriate on Universo and nbcsports dot Com. Uh Fox Deportes has double headed Liga Mxfeminial kicking back in at eight and ten Juarez and Puebla Tigris and Tijuana. ESPN Plus has the Copa del Rey with Benera and Real Madrid at one o'clock Golosso Network, by the way, and Paramount Plus have the Italian SUPERCPA final and the Italian SUPERCUPA finals in Saudi Arabia, not in Italy and a QPR and Newton. By the way, Monday Night football in the English Championship that's on Paramount Plus at three o'clock getting into the juice boxes of the day for Monday Night football. By the way, and since it's been a while, apparently I have to expand all kinds of windows. But right now Wolves at home at the Malonu they are a big dog. Basically they are a double dog to Nottingham Forest. Nottingham Forest the plus one to twenty one at the Molonue taking on Wolves who are plus two four two. Your draw is a plus two twenty three. You have FA Cup this weekend and then midweek schedule picks up again for the Premier League next Tuesday for four matches, and then it's four matches on Wednesday, two matches on Thursday, and then half of the schedule picks back up Saturday and Sunday and Monday Night football. So you've got FA Cup this weekend, but then you don't have to wait too long for the Premier League because Premier League kicks back in on Tuesday, so there's that standings by the way. After the bananas match that happened yesterday involving Liverpool and Manchester United, which was crazy. Harry McGuire had a chance for a game winner late and the screen that you heard was Drew Dickinson because of the lack of a finish, But the ball was kind of served a little high and hit on a bit of a hop and it went halfway up the shin for McGuire for the game winner. Liverpool right now still as a match in hand on Arsenal six points clear. They've only lost once in their first nineteen halfway point of the season fourteen to four and one. Arsenal at forty points twenty matches played, by the way, forrest if they win there at forty points, the only reason that they would be behind Arsenal's goal difference. Chelsea thirty six points, twenty matches played, Newcastle at thirty five they've won five in a row. Manchester City unbeaten in their last three. They're at thirty four points. Just think of what would happen if those twelve points were left on the table. That are left on the table would not be You probably have Manchester City at tight number two to Liverpool after twenty matches twelve points left on the table. Born within seventh at thirty three points, unbeaten in their last five, they've unbeaten in eight by the way Under and dony Errola Villas at thirty two, Fulham's at thirty, Brighton's at twenty eight. They've drawn their last four. Brentford at twenty seven points. They've hit each column once in their last three, Spurs twelfth at twenty four. They've lost three of four. Manchester United had their three game losing streak snapped with the draw with Liverpool. They're at twenty three points, ahead of west Ham on goal difference. Crystal Palace twenty one points, unbeaten in their last three, they're unbeaten in four of five. Evertonce seventeen points. They've lost two in a row, and apparently the Friedkin group are staring at Sean dysh and evaluating whether or not they're going to keep him around. Wolves at sixteen points and they are ahead of Ipswich on goal difference. With a match in hand. Ipswich had a chance to win against Fulham twice, couldn't hang on end up with a point, so they've hit each column once in their last three. So they are at sixteen points behind Wolves on goal difference, your relegation zone right now, Ipswich at sixteen points, Lester at fourteen. They've lost five in a row, Southampton won only one once. They've only won once in their first twenty one three and sixteen two point two goals allowed per match and they average point six. It's not a good ratio. They've lost three in a row, four or five one point in their last five matches. So that's where things stand. So once again, three o'clock, you've got your matchup on Monday night football involving Wolves and Forest Forest climbing the standings trying to get into European football. I don't quite think that Evangelinas Marinacus really gives an ish about what specifically could could happen to him in PSR down the line. I don't quite think that he really cares. By the way, Colorado Springs switchback, signing Anthony Fontana for the twenty five season, transaction pending league and Federation approval, having most recently competed for pec Zula in the air divi Zy ten appearances three hundred and fifty minutes last year. So uh, Tom Dike out now, Sean Dish out. Now, you're probably not the only one that thinks that. So we'll keep an eye on the Freakin group and keep an eye on Sean Dish and see what's going on there. Okay, So tomorrow, once again, all the thoughts that we didn't get into today will get into tomorrow, and we'll see what's going on around the planet because it's Tuesday, thoughts, and so it'll be fun to see what's going on. Thanks to all of you folks for dropping bys you always do, Thanks to Bart Keeler for coming by for his Monday visit. And we'll keep an eye on the transfer window, keep an eye on a lot of topics, and we'll keep an eye on everything going on on the planet when it comes to the sport. We'll be back at it again nine oh five tomorrow morning. So as we say here, since it's the end of the show, that means I get to do this and play it safe everybody. We'll see tomorrow nine oh five Eastern time for another go around of SDHA. And thanks for dropping by for soccer's morning show, Play Safe, Everybody m