Speaker 1: Alright, let's go Fred Rogan, Rodney Pete and I have seventy l a sports, a big three hours show today and a ton of stuff to get to on the program.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: But Rodney, you went to a charity event this weekend.
Speaker 2: I did. I did Fred on Saturday night?
Speaker 3: Was that for?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: They all run together, but yeah, and and and you know these guys.
Speaker 2: They're twin brothers, the David and Dana Pump.
Speaker 3: Oh. This was their big gala. Yeah, this was their big gala. It was at the Beverly Hilton. And if you if you're in LA, we'll shoot. I can say if you're anywhere in the country, you know who the Pump brothers are. If you don't know them, you probably recognize them when you see them, because they're twins.
Speaker 2: They're redhead.
Speaker 3: And and and I've called them this Fred because and so I don't know, mind, I don't mind saying this out loud. You remember Willie Wonka, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And they the Opa Loompus. They there, they could be really recast as the redhead Opa Loompus. And I love them.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 3: They're they're they're great, great guys, got a big heart. They have a charity and it's named after their parents, Harold and Carold Pump Foundation, and they raise money for cancer research. And they've been doing it for a while.
Speaker 2: They do it big.
Speaker 3: They you know, they got they got started and and and and the apparel business work with Sonny Bacarl. I mean, they they've been doing it for a long long time. Had youth sports had a bunch of AAU teams. I'm sure you're aware of that, Fred, but they just they they do a lot in the sports world. And what's amazing about the the Pumps and everyone who's anyone says this about them is that you don't know how you know them, but you just know them. And and everybody says that. It's like, I don't know how I met them. I don't remember meeting them, but I just met him because their business is meeting people and and they do it. Like I said, they do a lot in the sports world. I don't know. I couldn't even tell you exactly what they do, but they do a lot. Anyway, they have the big charity, they.
Speaker 2: You know, raise a lot of money for cancer research.
Speaker 3: But what they do also is they get everybody, I mean everybody and their brother to show up for their event, and they this year they honored Alan Iverson and Lawrence Taylor, and both of those guys were there along with a good friend of ours and one of our business partners from Signa, Mike Triplett, who I had the pleasure of introducing at the event.
Speaker 2: But Fred, when I tell you you know from.
Speaker 3: You know James James Worthy, Alan Iverson, Dominique Wilkins, doctor j H, I mean I can't. I can run it on, Lawrence Taylor, who got on, Eric Dickerson. Every Body you could think of in the sports world.
Speaker 2: Was there that night.
Speaker 3: I mean you look up and you see somebody else, Terrell Owens, I mean you, Terrell Davis. It just goes on and on, and every person to a purse, to a man or a woman, will go you know, how did how did they How did they.
Speaker 2: Get everybody to show up?
Speaker 3: And and the biggest thing is is because they call you a thousand times until you eventually say yes.
Speaker 2: Everybody has the same story.
Speaker 3: In fact, Alan Irison when he accepted the award, he was like, I just came here because I wanted him to stop calling me.
Speaker 2: They called me so many times, and they will.
Speaker 3: They are relentless when it comes to trying to get somebody to do something or to show up for some of their one of their charity events.
Speaker 2: So uh, it was a fun night Beverly Hilton.
Speaker 3: Like I said, a lot of a lot of a lot of great people, a lot of friends I hadn't seen in a long long time, and and also.
Speaker 2: For a for a really good cause.
Speaker 3: And but it was good. It was good to see all those people in the in a room and Snoop Dogg performed the beginning. He DJed the first ten minutes of the show as people were walking in and getting them to the seats, and there's nobody better. First had a lot of things in Snoop. He's like, I mean the Olympics. If they didn't sign him to a long term contract NBC, I don't know what they're waiting on, because he was phenomenal in a lot of different things. But he was the wrangler to get everybody to their seats, and in only a way that Snoop could do it. He got everybody in their seats within five minutes. So it was fantastic though. It was a great event, and I'm glad I was there.
Speaker 1: So the Pumps have this annually, and as Rodney pointed out, then they have a very distinctive look their kids from the valley. Yeah, my wife actually went to high.
Speaker 3: School with them.
Speaker 1: Oh really, Yeah, that's how long. That's how long we've known them. They get everybody, everybody and yeah, they'll call you, they'll beat up to your show up. It's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: I also believe, and Rodney, maybe you you have this. I think the cancer center at Northrich Hospital is named after their parents.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it is right. So they paid for that, Yeah they did. It did a few years back. They absolutely did. So it is they heild In Carrol Pumps Cancer Center at North Rich. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they are great guys. They do a lot for the community. And the one thing we've never been able to figure out about the Pumps, and maybe you can answer this. First of all, they're everywhere and nobody knows exactly what they do or how they get there. But if there is a picture of a celebrity, they'll be standing right next to them. Yep, they'll be standing right next to them. It doesn't matter. You turn around and they're there.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's Super Bowl Game seven of the NBA finals, the World Series, the Kentucky Derby, the Draft, it could be anything. And the Pump brothers are there. And a lot of times, you know, because they're and and they are to this day, identical twins. So if you don't know like distinctions with them, it's hard. I still for me from time to time they hard to tell them apart between David and Dana. But a lot of times, yeah, one will be one place and one will be the other place, and you think, how did they He was just in Paris for the Olympics. How is he in LA for this deal? And it's it's David's in Paris and Dana's in LA and they're portraying as the Pumps are there, you know.
Speaker 1: And when I talk about they're in pictures, yeah, I'm not talking about their standing outside an arena. They are standing next to someone a prominence. Every time.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is, it is.
Speaker 1: It is mind boggling. It's as if they know everyone on the planet.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 1: I mean the way if you look at these two guys, it's like they can pick up the phone and get President on the United of the United States on the phone. I have no idea how they do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But they are everywhere, and like you said, their rolodex is so large and vast. But not only that, Fred, like you mentioned, they can get access and have access to everyone. Like you said, they could probably call the president and any political figure as well as a sports figure, get them on the phone, get them to be at an event and take a picture with them, and be right there in the middle of something. It could be a major bill signing in Washington you can see one of the Pump brothers there. It wouldn't shock you. Or it could be a summit and in Brussels and one of the Pump brothers is there, it wouldn't shock you. I mean, they are legitimate every everywhere. I still don't know how they do it. I still don't know what they do.
Speaker 1: And I've known them thirty years. I don't even know how they make their money.
Speaker 2: I don't either.
Speaker 3: But is this true?
Speaker 1: I mean, we're not exaggerating this guy. I mean I've seen pictures with them having dinner with Mookie Betts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, on a regular basis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why do you know Mookie Betts?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: How did you do the level of having dinner with him?
Speaker 3: Yeah, showing up or you met him at a Dodger game, he said, hello at whatever other event. No, they're They're having a dinner with six people, and Mookie Bets is at the table with him.
Speaker 1: I've seen him in pictures with Dave Roberts Heeding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Dave. Dave Roberts hangs out with them all the time. He's with them all the time. Why is he with them?
Speaker 1: What is it about them? They're everything? No, Doctor J is with them all the time.
Speaker 3: I mean you, there's many pictures of doctor J all over the all over the country, and next to them are the pumps.
Speaker 2: They're they're hanging out.
Speaker 3: Denzel Washington is with them all the time. It's like, I don't I still like you said, I don't. I know they do a lot of things. I don't know exactly what they do. Look, they're really nice guys. And Rodney I know them, and you know them, But honestly, do you want to hang out with them that much? Because everybody's with them? It's everyone and Doug Gottlieb, I think, is the MC of that event. Doug. Doug's been hosting it and am seeing it for the last five years. Holly and I did it a couple of years they've they've they've rotated to different people. Like I said, Snoop did a little DJ introduction and to kick off the event, Michael Buffer.
Speaker 2: Was introducing people.
Speaker 3: It is it's remarkable, remarkable how they how they have people there and bring people in.
Speaker 1: I mean it's like, hey, Snoop, you busy, come on down here and do a couple of sets for us. Okay, how does that happen? Well, it's on the hundredth call. That's new finance.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: It's like, man, y'all again, y'all calling me again. What do I got to do to give you calling me? Just show up, spe show Okay, I'll be there, man, I'll be there.
Speaker 1: Oh well, anyway, I'm glad you had a good time. It's a great event. It's yearly and they do raise a lot of money.
Speaker 2: There, Yeah they do, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 1: All right, So Dodgers are back home, and I think it's safe to say at this point in time that it's a little tight, little tight. They're not running away with anything. They're still in first place. And I don't think it's a bad thing. I think it's a good thing. Milwaukee Saint Louis another back I think it's a good thing. I think it keeps you sharp. There can be no complacency now because every game is almost a playoff game, so you've got to be ready. You've got to be sharp, you got to be set to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think you might have said this.
Speaker 3: I think you did that. You get to this point in the season, uh, you know, mid late August, you you've kind of weeded out all the pretenders. You weeded out the teams that got on the early run, and oh, they're going to surprise the league because baseball is such a long season and it is survival of the fittest. And at this point you're either good enough to make the playoffs and they're going to make the playoffs, or you have fallen off after that an early season surge that you never really were that good to begin with. Because in a long season, the cream is going to come to the top. And I think that right now, the way it is for the Dodgers is that San Diego is not going anywhere and Arizona's not going anywhere, So it is going to be a dog fight down to the down the stretch, you know, for the Dodgers, and for so many years at least in recent history, in the last ten years for the Dodgers. Most of those, I would say seven out of those ten years, it's been a un away for the Dodgers where they've run away with the division. They've cruised in September and kind of cruised into the UH into the postseason. And you know, I think back to they've got one. They've been to the World Series three times, they got one one win to show for it. So maybe as a change up this is this may be good for him that they are in a dog fight to either you know, win a division. Look, they're gonna make the playoffs, but you know where are they slotted. Are they slotted as division winners and and best record in in in the UH, in the National League and and get uh you know, the opening round by or whatever they get or get home filled all the way through or are they going in as a wild card and got to fight their way through. And that's kind of what remains to be seen. But I tend to agree with you. I think it's a good thing. The only the only tough part about that, Fred, is that they have been so banged up for so long and throughout this whole season. That maybe more so that they than any of the years in the last ten that of all the years that they probably need to be, you know, in a big lead to be able to rest guys and get guys back is maybe this year because they've had so many injuries. But nonetheless it is going to be what it is. But at the end of the day for them to have to fight for it, I think it's good.
Speaker 1: Too, all right, the good and the bad. The good Clayton Kershaw look good again.
Speaker 3: They're really good.
Speaker 1: Oh he's not thrown at ninety five, he's not thrown at ninety two. He's just right in those high eighties, hitting his spots. He looked good again. And I think if this continues, you look at it and go, all right, he is legit for us in the playoffs right now. I'd pitch him in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Rotey without yes, oh yeah, I mean he's been solid other than you know, initially when he came back. But that you know game ghits against Saint Louis, and yes, Saint Louis US you know it is not you know, killing it right now, but they still got some quality players with some great hitters on their team.
Speaker 2: Historically.
Speaker 3: For him to go six innings like he did and perform like he did was impressive on the road. And yeah, I would absolutely, you know, start him in the playoffs. And and the thing is, fred which I liked, is that you know, in that dugout, you know there was you know when they showed Dave Roberts talking to Clayton. You know, Clayton wanted to go one more innie, and he wanted to go one more inning and he will probably wanted to finish the game and complete the game as a shutout. But the fact that they did take him out and didn't allow him to go extra because that's been that's been the downfall you know of Clayton in the latter years, is that he's looked great and then they they've left him in one more inning and that third time around the lineup or that one more inning is where he ran into trouble. So for them to say, no, you know, you're good and pull him out of there when they did, I think it was great.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Now the downside. First, Freddy Freeman and his finger. I think he had an MRI today. David Bessy, I'll be on at two o'clock so he'll give us an update on that. Rodney try to figure out what happened and how bad is it. That's that's a negative. And then this Tyler Glass now on the injured list. He told him before the start, I feel something in my arm a little bit. I owe it to you to tell you. I have a long term commitment with you, and you know, you guys have to jump in here and at least know that I'm feeling this. I'm not just gonna go out there and pitch. It could lead to something else, it could lead to nothing. But I'm telling you. They told him that's it for you. You're going out of the il. We're not risking anything here. You miss some games now, that's okay. We need you for the playoffs. We can't afford to risk it. Do you agree with his decision and the c Yeah. All you want is the guy to be honest with you and be upfront with you.
Speaker 3: You know, you know the worst thing is is guys going out there trying to gut it out, trying to tough it out. You know when they're you know, hurting a little bit, or something's aggravating them a little bit, because that can turn into something worse, and so you know, you know, you're not trying a rookie trying to make the club. You know, this is more important for him to be available in October than it is right now in August. So yes, it was a great veteran move by Tyler saying, hey, I'm letting you know I'm not it's just a little bit off right now so they can get him rested up. So yeah, I think it's just very smart and it was professional the way Tyler handled it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he felt badly by the way. Yeah, of course he felt badly telling him. He said, I really didn't want to tell him, but I also didn't want to go out there if they didn't want me to. And the club made the decision and it took about four seconds for him to decide what to do. If you're feeling something in your arm, you're not going out there, thank you. Just get right, very much.
Speaker 3: Just get right.
Speaker 1: The other thing I want to talk about over the weekend that catch. I believe it was on Saturday that Mookie made in right field, m h that sliding catch where there was a question of whether or not the ball had hit the ground and if you looked at it in super slow replay. To me, it appeared that he did make the catch anyway. They called it a catch, yeah, and they showed it in challenge. I don't think they challenged, did they. I don't think so either. No, they didn't challenge it. But the best part of that for me, it's a moment that if you didn't see it, you should look up and try to find it online because it'll be in every highlight tape of the season. That look on his face, Yeah, when he looked at the camera, Yeah, that was ooh I got that one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check out that catch.
Speaker 3: Did you see that? It was like, oh, I got that, bad boy. But you know, if you look at it several different times, you can say catching, you can say non catching. You know, his glove was on the ground. Did it hit the did it hit the glove? Was his glove underneath in between the grass and the ball.
Speaker 2: You could argue that.
Speaker 3: You can argue that it may have he may have hit the ground for I don't know. It was very very close, and I don't even know if they really We've viewed it several different ways. Do they overturn that? But no, the look on his face was was great, which you know to me too, Fred was just goes to show you what kind of player person Mookie is because they put him back in right field. He does and he's not sulking, he's not crying, he's not complaining. He's going out there playing a tremendous right field again and it's just doing whatever he needs to do to help this team win. And just that joy and look on his face too, and he caught it was was pretty cool. So hats off to Mookie because he could he could be a little bitter about not hitting leadoff and not being back in the infield, but he's playing right field and he's doing it and he's not complaining and he's being Mookie Bets.
Speaker 1: You know what it reminds me of. It reminds me of a kid that just wants to play. I don't care where you put me. I just want to be out there playing and I'm gonna have a good time wherever I'm at. Absolutely, just put me in. You want me in right field, you want me to shortstop, where do you want me you want me to catch? I'm just going to have a good time doing whatever I'm doing. And that's what it seemed like to me that he's just out there having a good time. Yeah, really enjoying playing. And I think there's something to be said about that if you are a fan in watching this, that there's something to be said about somebody who really looks like they're having fun, because then we have fun, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and and and yeah and today's you know, in today's game. You know, sometimes it's looked upon as whether you call it hot dogging or it's not really perceived well. Although as fans you want guys to have fun playing, but everything, you know, sometimes it's so serious.
Speaker 2: Guys have a serious look on their face.
Speaker 3: And I think that has been a big you know, a lot of criticism of baseball is that it that it's not fan friendly because the guys there are not doesn't it doesn't look like they're having as much fun as guys playing football or basketball do. It's so rigid and got to play the game the right way. You got to be this way. You can't flip your bat, you can't you know, you can't pump your fists when you strike somebody out. And that's just that's showing up to no have fun, enjoy it, enjoy it. And I think that's held baseball back and it's good to see guys out there having fun.
Speaker 1: How close was Lebron going to the Warriors at the trade deadline? How close? And what happened? We'll talk about that next.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, we're back.
Speaker 3: It is a beautiful Monday, Rodney, Pete, fred Rogan, Hope you guys all had a great weekend.
Speaker 1: But let's get back to work. Freddy, Roddy, look at this. Look at this?
Speaker 3: What is this?
Speaker 2: What do you think this is?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: That's the letter? Is that the letter?
Speaker 1: It's a letter from the prisoner, hand written, handwritten, one two, three, four pages. We're gonna read it letter later. Maybe we'll do it this hour. Wow, at the end of the hour, the letter from the prisoner. I've got it all right. So it's a trade deadline, remember NBA trade deadline. There was some talk, uh what about Lebron to Golden State? And we know that Draymond Green was all in favor of this, and as the story goes, he was planting the seed in everybody's ear. Go get him, Go get him, go get him. And we learned that Joe Lacob and Junie Buss actually had a conversation about the possibility of that happening. So maybe it was closer to happening than we thought. So why didn't it happen? I believe it was Mark Stein wrote about this. It was Rich Paul, Lebron's agent. He apparently got involved, and he determined this would be really bad for Lebron to see him in another jersey, a fourth jersey, and that he did everything he could to dissuade this from happening. And you know, I can kind of buy that, Rodney, can't you?
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, yeah, you know obviously, you know, first of all, you know, Rich Paul's got a lot of influence around the league, and certainly is the Lebron's guy, has been with him forever, and and Lebron trusts Rich Paul and and and that's a that's a huge thing because I think it also goes beyond the.
Speaker 2: Player agent relationship.
Speaker 3: I think they're they're also really good friends, and they I think they can be candid with each other, and and.
Speaker 2: I think he's right.
Speaker 3: I think the one thing though, we saw if you watch the Olympics, is that those two actually do have some chemistry together a little bit. Lebron uh and Steph right, so I get it. I get the fact that you know, Lebron wanted to play with Steph, and Stephan wanted to play with Lebron because it showed itself during the Olympics and and how they had some really incredible synergy. But yeah, I think it would have been bad. It would have been bad if he goes up there just a legacy standpoint. I don't think it, you know, diminishes, you know, people thinking that you know him either first or second as greatest of all time, but moving teams that often, and then at this late in his career, if you move off the Lakers to go to Golden State and you chase it that way, I think it would have left some bad taste in a lot of people's mouths if he had have done that. Listen, he battled them when he was in Cleveland, ended up winning one, you know in Cleveland against you know, crazy odds. When when Golden State had the best record in the league and it surpassed the Bulls and were picked as a favorite, up three to one, and then they come back and win it in dramatic fashion. I mean, that is as dramatic as you can get. When he was in Cleveland and then you know, to join them this many years later. I think it would have been bad for Lebron. I remember all the heat that Kevin Durant took after he left okay See and okay See had them down three to one and ended up losing that series. And you know where there was a point where ok See, you know, with Westbrook and that team that they had were battling Golden State for the West and ended up losing it at one playoff and then he joins them the next year. I think it just people did not like that at all and still hold that against Kevin Durant.
Speaker 1: But he signed as a free agent Lebron, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but still him going to Golden State was a bad thing and left the bad taste in people's mouths because it was chasing. But yeah, I mean in today's world, trading and free agency, you know, those things that are orchestrated behind the scenes anyway, almost like you're a free agent.
Speaker 1: So look at do this. Lebron is sitting, He's not on a team. You have the Lakers as constructed without Lebron, you have the Warriors as constructed without Lebron. What team gets better? Has a better chance to win with Lebron, the Warriors at Lebron or the Lakers as they're constructed at Lebron. What team would go further with Lebron. Everybody's exactly where they're at now, so the Warriors don't get any more guys near the little Lakers. That's it. Here are the two rosters Lebron gets to go to one to make them better. What team would be better with Lebron? HM, you don't want to say it, no, I know. I still think the Lakers.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I still think the Lakers because I think that you know, Steph is Stephan still is Steph as we've shown, I mean we've been shown in the Olympics. Steph Curry is still Steph Curry. But I think that everybody else is diminished and falling off. I don't think Draymond certainly not the player he was. I think the Andrew Wiggins when they won the title a couple of years ago was phenomenal. He hasn't gotten back to that, and I don't think he will. I I just think the Lakers are are are the better team. Are the better team with Lebron, although they would be interesting up there because what the Lakers don't have is a knockdown, badass shooter like Steph Curry, you know, which has always been what Lebron needs from a fit standpoint. But that's a tough question. I'm not saying this by a wide margin, but but yeah, I still think the Lakers would, yeah, would be the better team if you put him on either one of those.
Speaker 2: What do you think?
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Adam's working for Kevin today, So if Adam's even listening, I mean he is producing. I don't know if he listens to the show when he produces.
Speaker 4: I'm trying, Fred, I'm right here for you.
Speaker 5: I heard the question.
Speaker 1: All right, well, Adam, what do you think you're our NBA guy?
Speaker 4: I think it is close, and it comes down to one player, because, first of all, Steph Curry's more available overall than Anthony Davis, So you have that in your favor. Outside of one season where he had the broken wrist and they basically just said, hey, take the rest of the year off. We're not going anywhere. Steph Curry plays seventy five plus games the majority of the time, but they have a young player that I think has more star potential than any of the Lakers young guys you're talking about Austin Reeves, Ruey Hachima. If Jonathan Kaminga makes that leap this season for the Golden State Warriors, like many people are expecting him to, I think it's Golden State. I think it would be the Golden State Warriors. They'd be a more dangerous team with Lebron as opposed to him being on the Lakers as it is right now.
Speaker 1: Which is why it's close, right It's it's definitely close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the X factor because he is as a as a I guess as the third guy, he's better than anybody that Lakers would have.
Speaker 4: He has so much upside that that dynamic of the Golden State Warriors, their ceiling completely changes. If Jonathan Cominga gets close to playing at an all star level consistently, and the last couple of months of last season, once Steve Kerr started to believe in him, he showed a lot of growth, development and progress. I think Lebron next to him, next to Steph, next to Draymond, next to Podd's as well, who's a very good young player, they'd have something special.
Speaker 3: I know, I think you know I mentioned that you know Draymond's not Draymond like he used to being.
Speaker 2: Has fallen off.
Speaker 3: But I think if if Lebron were to be added to that team, it would be a new lease on life for Draymond. I think he would find a little bit of a fountain of youth going forward, or at least a couple of years.
Speaker 4: And Golden State, we know what a fan he is of Lebron. Golden State has a system in place. They know how they want to play at all times. The Lakers, they got a new head coach. They're implementing a new system. So I would lean Golden State overall. I'm kind of with Fred on this if that's the way he was going with it.
Speaker 3: We don't Fred Fred's playing the Straudland defense. I don't know where he was.
Speaker 2: Going to say.
Speaker 1: You know what, here's you know? You said it comes down to kaminga Well, look at it like this. You have a star in Anthony Davis. You have a star in Steph Curry, all right. I think Lebron compliments Steph Curry more than he compliments a D.
Speaker 2: He has to have a D.
Speaker 3: He has to have a D.
Speaker 1: I think Lebron really compliments Steph Curry and then when you look at the other pieces, Adam that you pointed out, I think the answer would have been Golden State, which is on fortunate for Golden State that Rich Paul jumped in and didn't make the move. But perhaps if you like Lebron with the Lakers, then you're happy he's staying here. I mean, I A. D and Lebron are really good together, but they need help. And I just don't know, Adam and Rodney, if the supporting cast there's enough help there to get them over the top.
Speaker 4: They need help, they need health. I just think the Golden State Warriors are more of a ready set made squad that if Lebron James was there, they would be a top three team in the West, no question to ask. And you know, there's a lot of other factors obviously you have to consider, like if this trade went down, the Lakers were getting something back for Lebron, so they might have been asking for Kamenka. So the whole hypothetical, it's definitely an interesting question. If Lebron was a free agent and he could just go up to Golden State, yeah, I think they would be the better squad overall.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but if it's a trade. What is Golden State giving up?
Speaker 3: And they're not just gonna take or get Lebron without giving up something substantial, So you know, it's a it's a it's a tough one, you know. The thing about it, you know with the Lakers is who who is who can go get you when AD's out or Lebron is out or you know, and they're only playing with one of those two guys. Who's gonna get who can go get you thirty? And you can count on can get you thirty, you know, And that's that's kind of been the thing. Who's gonna be that other score?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: For for we talked about it last year. It was by committee who's gonna be that third guy? And they didn't really care. But sometimes you got to know who you're counting on going into a game. Okay, I know, I know so AND's gonna get me twenty five and eight or twenty five and ten or twenty you know, it can get me thirty points a night if I need them to, and the Lakers don't have that guy.
Speaker 4: That's exactly the point. If Jonathan Kaminga rises up this season and becomes a reliable third score and he's more than capable, one of the more talented players in the league that again got run a ton of it the second half of last season, where Steve Kurr finally started to believe in him. That's the difference maker. That's what makes this an easier decision for me.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously we didn't have to make that decision.
Speaker 3: But okay, but but but in terms of Lebron and his what it does to his legacy, way people feel about him whatever. I mean, there's always gonna be that crowd that just hates him, and there isn't gonna be that crowd that loves him no matter what.
Speaker 2: So they cancel each other out.
Speaker 3: But what does it do for that fan that says, okay, now he moved and went to Golden State and the latter part of his career.
Speaker 1: If he's traded, then he's traded. I think it's different than if he signed somewhere else.
Speaker 4: Well, it's also different than Kevin Durant losing to Golden State being up three to one and then going to that team who had just won a championship in seventy three games in that season. I wouldn't blame Lebron when old guys get together. It's looked at a little bit differently than the Heatles, than KD going to Golden State in his prime. You look at the ninety seven Houston Rockets when Charles Barkley was next to Pippin and they had Drexler and they had a chem Elijuan. Charles always rationalizes that as, oh, we were much older. That's different. Not superstars in our prime. We're trying to hold on and win together and sacrifice later in our careers. I think Lebron could skate on some of that because he's about to turn forty steps. I think it gonna turn thirty seven by the end of this year. I think they'd have a little bit of a built in.
Speaker 3: Excuse yeah yeah, and get off this trade thing, because it would it would be orchestrated behind the scenes, almost as if it was a free agent deal. You know, Oh, he'd have to be traded. So Lebron went his hands up in the air. I had nothing to do with this trade.
Speaker 4: No, come on, Yeah, The same guys who made sure it didn't happen would also be making sure it would happen. He'd still be orchestrating it and pulling the strings to some degree.
Speaker 2: Exactly exactly, isn't it interesting?
Speaker 1: Especially in the NBA. And the players have more control in the NBA than any sport, and they've earned it over the years. And their representation obviously has more control than representation maybe Scott Boris and baseball, but they have more control as well. And when you build a team, you may not build the exact team you want because of an agent or a player's view. How often do you think that happens, Rodney, Oh.
Speaker 2: It happens. I think it happens a lot.
Speaker 3: You mentioned the NBA has got you know, the players have more power than any other sport. So you know, a guy can you know, with a no trade clause, can block anything, block any I ain't going there or you know, I don't care what you think. I'm like, you know, you're not trading me to Orlando. So the players have the power it and it goes on all the time. And when we see it all the time, Adam knows I say, you know, I want to play with this guy, and they figure out a way to make it work.
Speaker 4: It is the player empowerment era of the NBA, and there's no going back. You give them an inch they're taking a mile rightfully.
Speaker 3: So they run the league.
Speaker 4: And when you're one of five players on the court, you make up twenty percent of the team, you can affect the game so much more. Guys today like Lebron James especially, he's a bit of an out you know, an outlier because he is one of the all time great players. But they're almost a franchise unto themselves, Fred, these players wherever they go, they are installing a franchise, a system clutch. With the Lakers when it comes to Lebron, they are making the decisions. They are almost a shadow GM, a de facto GM.
Speaker 3: I mean, how long ago did we before and did we talk about ad coming to the Lakers and Lebron and clutched the ports and all them wanted to make that happen.
Speaker 2: You know, Lakers gave up, you know, they gave up for it, but.
Speaker 3: That you know, there was no question he was coming to LA as opposed to going to Charlotte or somewhere else. You don't think other teams wanted a d oh Well trade for We probably could give you a lot too, but it was about coming to LA and playing with Lebron, and it felt like a trade.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it felt like a foregone conclusion. It was inevitable. I don't know if ro Palaka won Russell Westbrook. I think that was the players on the team that wanted him, and then it gets pinned on him later on saying oh, that was a bad move.
Speaker 3: You gave up KCP. Yeah, all Lebron and ad that pushed that and made that happen.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, coming up in a bit, let's play Know your Squad. We'll do that this hour. I'll read the prisoner letter next hour. But now a word from Jacob.
Speaker 3: Hey, if you were drive into a friend's house this past weekend, but we're injured in an auto accident that wasn't your fault, what should you do? Well, you should call our friend Jacob. Jacob and his team off of free consultation, so you have nothing to lose by calling and explaining your situation. If Jacob begins working with you, you can move on with your life. Jacob and his team will find a doctor in your area that specializes in your injury. They'll also work with the auto body shop and car rental place on your behalf. Jacob and his team are ready to help you and get you back on your feet and get you the compensation you deserve. And if you prefer to meet face to face, Jacob's team can come to you, or you can go to Jacob's office.
Speaker 1: So if you were in a car accident or a slip and fall, or any type of personal injury, there's only one name to remember, Jacob, Jacob Jacob. When you called attorney, you want the one who was respected. Call Jacob. He is the real deal. Call Jacob at eight four four to twenty four Jacob eight four four twenty four Jacob, or does it? Call Jacob dot com and make sure you're following. Call Jacob on Instagram, go to act call dot Jacob for great advice, prizes and more. Come on on a Monday. Who's ready for a little know your squad? Who's ready?
Speaker 2: Come on?
Speaker 1: Eight took six nine eighty seven, two five seventy first caller anim will pick your puts you on here. You're playing Rodney and Ronnie today, So good luck, afternoon to light.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it comes from that Canadian rapper that recently got bodied by Kendrick Lamar. That's right, Yeah, that cat known as Drake. He's back and it's up. Is the name of the track, featuring twenty one Savage and Young Thug. It appears to be previously unreleased self leaked track coming from Drake himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, as he tries to regain some form again. Today's afternoon. Delight is it's up?
Speaker 3: I Drake?
Speaker 1: All right, let's play little Know your Squad? Rogan and Rodney Roulette, Kevin in Northwidge are you there?
Speaker 4: Yes, Sam friend?
Speaker 1: How you doing, Bud good? How you doing today?
Speaker 5: Pretty good?
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna play Know your squad is?
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 1: The squad's the Rams, Kevin? The squad is the Rams? Okay, all right, all right, Well, if Stafford stays healthy, I'm gonna give you a question and five choices.
Speaker 3: Answer.
Speaker 1: Before I give you all five choices, you're locked out. You have a challenge. Who's your challenge? It's upheld? Your retine your challenge. Here's your challenge. It's denied. You're locked out of the next question.
Speaker 3: You got it?
Speaker 1: Got it run?
Speaker 2: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Happy Monday? Rogan and Rodney? I am ready to play this game.
Speaker 1: Good luck to all. Aaron Donald. Here's the franchise leader in sacks by an interior alignment with one hundred and eleven, who was second with ninety one sacks while primarily playing as a defensive tackle. Larry Brooks, Merlin Olson, DeMarco Farr, Rosie Greer or Rosie o'donald Rosie Merlin Olson is correct? Rodney good start.
Speaker 2: Who did you say, Ronnie?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you said o'donald.
Speaker 5: I don't think Rosie o'donnald was one of the choices. Fred or what's happened?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what?
Speaker 5: Why are you taking a Rosie o'donald, Fred, did you have a dream or something?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: She just could have played a mean defensive tackle.
Speaker 2: I think she could have.
Speaker 5: Well, she is Bobby Bouchet's mom. Well real, Kevin, are you playing?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: That was Kathy Bates difference. Yeah, yeah, it's Kathy Bates, all right, and there's a big difference. Don't get that twisted from Rosie o'donald. Oh Yeah, oh yeah, Copler.
Speaker 5: My apologies. I love Kathy Bates. Roussie o'donnald, not so much.
Speaker 3: Oscar Oscar winner isn't Jase Bason.
Speaker 5: That's right. She's also the star of the American horror story series.
Speaker 3: The girl.
Speaker 1: All right, here's the next one. Matthew Stafford tied a team record with forty one touchdown passes last season. Which of these quarterbacks also threw forty one touchdown passes in a single season, Mark Bulger, Kurt Warner, Jared Goff, Jim Everett or Jim Hill Kurt water Mark Kurt Warner is correct, and that was Ronnie. Okay, so Ronnie's on the board. Here's the next one.
Speaker 2: The obvious choice, damn it.
Speaker 1: Who is the Rams all time leading rusher ten thirty eight career rushing yards. Marshall Falk, Todd Gurley, Eric Dickerson, Stephen Jackson, Samuel L. Jackson, Ran Dickerson, Marshall, No, Roddney, Who.
Speaker 2: Would you have?
Speaker 1: Stephen Jackson? Yep, Rodney got it, Stephen Jackson. All right, so Rodney two, Ronnie has one. Come on, Kevin got on the board. Come on, Kiev, Come come.
Speaker 2: On, Keev gets you.
Speaker 1: I'm working I'm working on it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The men who have coached at least eighty games for the Rams. Who has the highest winning percentage at sixty two point four percent. Sean McVeigh, John Robinson, Mike Martz, Chuck Knox or Jonas Knox, John Robinson No, Mike Martz, Yes, Ronnie Kuck Knock Yeah, Mike mart He was only a coach for two years. Boy won a lot of games in I guess best show on turf it was.
Speaker 2: Dick for meals team.
Speaker 1: Who holds the team record for most career fumble recoveries by defensive player with twenty two. Fred Dryer, Leroy, Irvin, Leonard Little, Johnny Johnson or Johnny k.
Speaker 5: Leonard joy N No, Johnny Johnson, Yes, le Roy.
Speaker 1: Arvin, Ronnie receiving a smattering of applause. Thanks Adam. So, here's where we're at. Ronnie's got three, Rodney's got two. Kevin, you gotta get this one to get on the board.
Speaker 2: Okay, alright, here we go, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Rams made the playoffs and Sean mcvay's first season as head coach in twenty seventeen, who led the team in receiving touchdowns that year with eight. Robert Woods, Cooper Cup, Todd Gurley, Sammy Watkins or Sammy Davis Junior Sammy Watkins. Sammy Watkins is correct, and I believe it's Rotteney.
Speaker 5: I think it was Rodney too mere. It is nice Jack.
Speaker 1: You know that smattering applause just dies? Did you know they applaud and then boom out?
Speaker 5: How dare you talk about our studio audience like that? Yeah, right, studio audience.
Speaker 3: To the audience, they just come in and they do anything right now, they're quiet and you there you go right disrespectedly.
Speaker 1: You know, do we put up that sign that says stop clapping because you know that you give it to Exactly, I know we have the applause sign we use, so when we turn it off, they just stop, right, yeah, exactly. That's tough crowd here, Fred, Yeah, Kevin, thank you, great job. You didn't get one, but you gave it a good shot. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: He was in it, he was answering questions.
Speaker 3: He was sorry another time, Fred Rodney, good job.
Speaker 1: All right, there goes Kevin in Northridge. Hey, Dodger fans, how you feeling seriously back home tonight against Seattle?
Speaker 2: Not a huge lead.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? Let's talk about that next