Speaker 1: All right, it's the Ben and Skin Show, ninety seven point one the Eagle. The Mavericks hit fourteen of twenty eight threes last night, fifty percent of their threes. They had big games from Anthony Davis and Klay Thompson, two guys on the roster who have won NBA championships. Combined, those guys gave the Mavericks fifty points and fourteen rebounds between those two guys, and they both shot really well from three. Clay was five of seven and Anthony Davis was three of six from three. So the Mavericks win one twenty to one oh six. They advanced to Memphis, who they will play tomorrow night. You can hear it right here on the Eagle, and the game unfolded in a way that led to Ben telling someone to eat a bag of these.
Speaker 2: Well, I was I didn't know how I was going to feel watch of the game, but I ended up. You know, I've been heartbroken over this Luca thing, and I didn't even know if I wanted to root for the MAVs, And as soon as the game started, that flew out the window, and I was rooting for the MAVs because that's what I've done my entire life, and so it was a.
Speaker 3: Pretty special night. Like I really savored the win. It meant a lot. I don't know, it helped me heal a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it'll ever change the way I feel about the trade, but I felt good. It reminded me that I'm a MAVs fan, and so I posted something positive about the Mavericks and this guy Owens sausage eight nine, seven sixty five.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's legit.
Speaker 2: He he said, you can't be mister Debbie Downer leading up to the game and then act like you're a mff l er. Yep, keep the negativity as the MAVs don't need it.
Speaker 3: So I was trying to farow what he's saying.
Speaker 2: I think he was saying, the MAVs don't need your positivity because because.
Speaker 3: Much other positivity.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And I'm like, they're drowning in positivity these guys.
Speaker 3: I said, breaking news.
Speaker 2: A guy with five numbers in his Twitter handle has let me know that only MAVs fans who fully supported the Luca trade can enjoy the play and win. Uh.
Speaker 3: This is very good to know.
Speaker 2: I feared that it might be an incredibly complex situation. But now to learn through Owen eight nine seven six five's infinite. Well I said that you got mery about the Yeah, Owens eight nine seven six five. Don't tell me how to feel. I'm in a glass case of emotion.
Speaker 3: Oh hey, man, everybody's on edge.
Speaker 1: Last night, out of nowhere, harlea, Bob started yelling at me on Twitter for yeah what poor? Uh time to go enjoys soccer and go away. So there is our friends. We're ben and I are friends with Jason Gallagher, Like that's a guy that we know and love. Uh and him and another guy that I'm friends with through uh just mass media soup. His name is Josh bo He writes for Avas Moneyball. He was talking about Man, I just wish people would quit saying you know that it's hard on these players. I haven't seen anybody booing the players, And Jason Gallagher's like, yeah, I know right. I mean I've been there. It's been positive, and I'm like, I kind of comment was like, guys, you think Max Christie enjoyed having fire? I mean, I'm pair for you, but I was like, I'm telling you from personal experience, the players do not feel your support, you can tell yourself they are, I said, but if you if you're feeling negative and you go out there and you spray s on everything, there's going to be unintended consequences where some people that you probably like are getting s on them. So I'm just trying to say, I don't think you should lie to yourself about that. I didn't tell anybody to stop saying fire and Eco. I didn't tell anybody how to cheer, but that's the way people took it.
Speaker 3: And so Horrorla Bob.
Speaker 1: Came in with your something about you would never cut it in Europe, you know, and I'm like, oh, where they yell racist things at soccer players. And then I'm sitting there thinking, I don't want to really get into Horrlea Bob's situation because I've known him, you know, for a long time. I have no desire to disrespect him online. You know, that's fine. We can disagree about things. But my whole point about all this is you can do whatever you want, you know, cheer however you want. But what I'm saying is when you go in there and you chant fire Nico while other people are trying to do their jobs, including the players that are here. Then you are affecting them. You can lie to yourself and say that you're not, but y'are and it's okay.
Speaker 3: Keep doing it.
Speaker 1: If you don't care about those ramifications, do whatever you want, but don't pretend like, oh, the players are getting support. That's why Klay Thompson said last night it was nice to get out on the road so you could be in a positive experience for a playoff game.
Speaker 3: Think about what he's saying. PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington went public and said, please stop chanting this. He asked the public, if you are a fan, please stop doing this. So if you're doing it, don't lie to yourself and say that it's not impacting the players.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you it is.
Speaker 2: I'm down with that, I understand that, but it's the organization's fault, not the fans fault.
Speaker 1: I agree, but I didn't say it was the fans fault. I'm just saying, if you do this, this is what's happening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what happens when your organization does what they did, and so it's nothing but negativity for everybody involved.
Speaker 3: And I don't know how to get past it. I don't know how to move on.
Speaker 2: But I think it'll get easier in time, and it'll be easier if they're competitive, and that's what they were last night. Man, it was awesome. It was a huge win for the Mavericks. So they would go off tomorrow night. Tomorrow night they play the Grizzlies and Job might not play, or is he?
Speaker 1: So he hurt his ankle at early fourth quarter against Golden State and was out for I don't know, seven minutes or so, and then came back and played at the end of that game. But you know, whenever you turn your ankle, it's always worse the next day. So I was sitting there watching that going he may not be available on Friday, I've not seen. I don't think he's been ruled out, but it certainly I bet.
Speaker 3: He gives it a go for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, the back half of three o'clock hour today is all about space the next Frontier. We've got a new report about alien life and Gail King colaps back at Space AIDS.
Speaker 3: That's all coming away next right here on the Eagle