Speaker 1: Oh yes.
Speaker 2: This segment is brought to you by Andrews American Pizza Kitchen, voted best Pizzeria in DFW by the Dallas Morning News readers.
Speaker 1: Big deal, Big deal.
Speaker 2: There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in the whole metroplex, and it won best Pizzeria. It's in Plano at Preston and Plano Parkway. They've mastered Dallas style, pizza, Chicago style, Detroit style, tavern style, and New York style. We love, love, love Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. Y'all got to get out and check it out.
Speaker 1: Skin wire. Folks flocking to Andrews. It's the best pizza in town.
Speaker 3: And like you said, the readers of DMN said so, and they've got five choices of pizza. Like, it's not just one badass pizza. They got five choices. They rocked it all. Go see for yourself. Preston and Plano Parkway. They got a kick ass bar two right there in Plano. It's Andrews's American Pizza Kitchen.
Speaker 2: All right, we've got the Today game coming up next, but right now it's time for this.
Speaker 4: And now it's time for Bass week day Up Day featuring veteran news anchor KT fun tweet the important story he's he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, Hey, it's country KT. It's me little gay Tea. How y'all doing? How are you doing, gay Tea? Did you guys go to the rodeo? Actually did go to the rodeo?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Tell me?
Speaker 2: It was at Fort Worth Stockyards. I think it was Lee Jeans Arena. I don't know what it was.
Speaker 5: What it was neither of those.
Speaker 1: It was it at Dickies. Yeah, it was at Dicky's Arena. I love dick Area.
Speaker 2: Had a great time and uh actually enjoyed it very much. I think that would be a fun character. You could create, a guy named Lee Jeans. Yeah, yeah, you know, he's a guy does a lot of I don't know, ancestry research anyways.
Speaker 1: How big a fan are you of eggs? Huge fan? I just ate some just right in front of you. Yeah. Are you gonna fart?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I don't know what the tie in is to that. I don't know if that's real.
Speaker 1: What farting and eggs? Christina? Do eggs make you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 5: But I will like, sometimes when you boil eggs it does smell like farts.
Speaker 1: I think that maybe you could have cost her her whole relationship right there.
Speaker 2: Just tunes in to hear how much she loves eggs, and he's like, yeah, I'm gonna back out.
Speaker 1: You do like eggs, though, don't you.
Speaker 5: I do. I had some yesterday, But like Ben just mentioned, I always have to make sure everything is scrubbed clean before he wakes up and sees any.
Speaker 3: Explain that to our listeners that don't know why you have to sneak off and eat eggs like their cigarettes or Yeah.
Speaker 5: So my boyfriend cannot stand eggs, and I mean like just the site, the smell, it makes him throw up. He lost a bet was supposed to eat one could barely do that. He just he despises eggs his entire life.
Speaker 1: What that's a strange I mean, I get it. There's things I hate. What what been?
Speaker 2: What tests? Your gag reflects? Uh, that's interesting that you asked that, not you.
Speaker 1: Lord knows. I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I know you want me to ask that question to another member of the show, and I'm not going to.
Speaker 5: I wasn't going to answer it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I talk about yes' about k K.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey guys, my gag reflex is never ever a problem.
Speaker 1: Oh so uh.
Speaker 3: So, anyways, the reason I asked about all this is, Man, we've talked about it. There's an egg shortage, Joe, and it's it's starting to impact. I talked about this with my wife because one of the things that we like to do. Do you guys ever f around and go to First Watch?
Speaker 1: Yeah? First Watch is great. Yeah, it's a good breakfast spot. Have you been?
Speaker 5: It sounds like a religious spot. But no, I've never never been the First Watch, but I've heard you guys say great things about you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 3: And it's one of those places that closes at like three, you know. I mean, they'll do lunch too, but they've got but their breakfast spot. And I was thinking, and my wife loved to go there. I was thinking, man, are they about to eject their prices up because of this egg thing? So here's the story in the New York Times says anyone craving the all day breakfast at waffle House will have to shell out an extra fifty cents for each egg and their omelet or scrambled eggs. The restaurant chain announced on Monday. It is a temporary surcharge which went into effect that's very same day. They announced it on Monday, and it's being added to address the rising cost of eggs resulting from the bird flu.
Speaker 1: Other restaurants are likely to follow suit.
Speaker 2: I mean you have to. It's supply and demand, right, Yep. I love eggs. I'm a I'm a huge breakfast guy. When I was growing up, if there was ever that time where our mom was like, hey, we're doing breakfast for dinner, I'm like, hell, yes, yeah, I think it's the best meal.
Speaker 1: I love I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: And you can do different combinations of stuff and it's not like, you know, there's one style of breakas. You can do different combinations of stuff and probably do it four days in a row and have a different one each day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, I'm doubled eggs, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs. I sound like the dude for Scout, hard bull eggs, fried eggs.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know what absolutely f's chilicky liss.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. It's do you know what it is? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: It's like Mexican text mechs breakfast dish where there's tortilla strips and eggs and beans and cheese, and it is so magically delicious.
Speaker 5: I think you said it differently, though, but I ordered that almost every time we go to a breakfast place. Do you say if it's on there? I don't even know how to say it the way. I'm trying to think of what it's even said on the menu, what it's even called.
Speaker 1: Liss Okay, you.
Speaker 2: Know I'm even the time a guy that'll throw a fried egg on a burger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even blink.
Speaker 2: Okay, how do you do your eggs? I eat all different types of eggs. You're saying, if it's right now, you're making eggs, how do you want them?
Speaker 1: Hey? Ben, I'm making eggs. How do you want him?
Speaker 2: It's hard to go wrong with scrambled again, hard boiled is legit, Ben.
Speaker 3: I refuse to do scramble. They had boiled over easy. Okay, so over easy is a little bit runny, right?
Speaker 1: Okay? Are you cool with crazy runny? Yes? Okay.
Speaker 3: When I was a kid, that was probably that's what would test my gag reflex. I couldn't do crazy runny and then as I got older, I totally am down. I'm more experimental, right, I'm open to new things, right, and very runny eggs. I do that, but I also love when it's, you know, fried and there is no runny.
Speaker 1: I like that too. You are you down with eating raw eggs? I don't know that I've ever done it? Have you done it?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Long time ago?
Speaker 2: I was training for this big fight and I'd wake up super early in the morning and drink like eight raw eggs, and then I go. I'd go jogging up the steps of this big building in Philadelphia, and everybody would run behind me in my gray sweats.
Speaker 1: I was wondering when she would catch on.
Speaker 5: But wouldn't that make you sick? Like, I know that's a dude thing, is like you do that to work out or whatever.
Speaker 2: But I see people doing stuff on social media. I somehow keep seeing this guy. I don't follow him, but every day I see him eat raw chicken.
Speaker 1: What I'm like, why are you doing that? He's like he gets semonella. I never get it. Well, he gets dumber. That's crazy to me. I assume raw eggs would make you sick though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree, Uh, I don't know about that.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It is amazing to me that in the year like twenty twenty one, Rick Carlisle was still wearing Rocky sweats.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was. He loves Rocky Sweats straight. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Like he works in the NBA, which is the apex of athletic fashion.
Speaker 1: Like you have access to anything.
Speaker 3: He's like, I want those Russell gray sweats that gather at the bottom.
Speaker 1: Somebody get me those right now.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna wear real high between my belly button and my nipples.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm gonna pull pull it up just under my nipples.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I need everyone to see my hardcore white dad sucks.
Speaker 5: I have his story to go with the eggs if you want to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you get subjects?
Speaker 5: So, someone stole forty thousand dollars worth of eggs from a trailer in Pennsylvania. It was like an organic farm. They went and stole a ton of eggs for them because I guess they're going to try to resell them on the black egg market.
Speaker 1: I have no idea how do you fence those things exactly.
Speaker 2: I saw a video on social media Billy the Kid, and uh, Pooh making an egg deal in the garage.
Speaker 5: So I thought about it. Eat my last two yesterday, and I was like, how much could I get for these last two eggs if I just put them up on eBay?
Speaker 3: But wouldn't you with the bird flu going around like crazy, wouldn't you be nervous buying black market eggs if there was such a thing?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Is are the is the quality of eggs tainted as well? Now? Yeah, that's why there's so fewer eggs.
Speaker 2: So if there's so fewer, aren't some of them going to get through that are all bird flued up?
Speaker 1: I think that's possible.
Speaker 5: What if you just put a picture with the thumbs up by it? Like, no, these are trustworthy.
Speaker 1: The thumbs up is the international sign? Is that good? Here? You're good? So did she just reveal that if you just give her the thumbs up, she trusts you.
Speaker 5: Yes, that from me, because I only had two left and so they could see that I ate the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm okay, right, that would make me a little nervous.
Speaker 3: But uh yeah, I don't know that I could. I don't know that I could buy black market. I don't buy black market anything. Only drugs. I'll buy black market drugs. So anyways, according to this story, and let me ask you this, Ben, do you even know how much eggs cost in the first place?
Speaker 1: No idea? Do you know, Christina?
Speaker 5: I believe it's like four bucks.
Speaker 3: Right, Grocery stores and restaurants are now paying around seven dollars and eighty cents for a dozen Midwest large eggs. Wow, the industry standard up from three dollars and thirty three cents a year ago.
Speaker 1: So think about that. It has over doubled in price. Wow, in that time period.
Speaker 2: I remember when I first move down to the area that I live now, like prosperous Salina. And again this is eight or nine years ago now, and there was an egg farm out there. I went to this egg farm and you know, I guess they sell off the grocery stores, but you can actually go buy it from.
Speaker 1: Is the worst customer service I've ever seen it. Do you want eggs? I'm like, yeah, that's why I'm here. Well, how many?
Speaker 2: I'm like, uh, I don't know what, So what do people normally order? She goes, Oh, it depends on how many eggs or family eats how many eggs?
Speaker 1: I don't have all day.
Speaker 5: What do you want?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And it's like took thirty minutes for someone to come to the counter. And I was like, all right, uh yeah, give me two dozen eggs. She goes, okay, that'll be one dollar. I was like, oh wow, so you could like go to the deg farm and get is so cheap?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that sounds real similar to the experience I had buying firewood at one of those side places in Broken Bow yeh, Like they're yelling at you, like, hey man, I've got limited experience buying firewood from a guy that just chopped down trees.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm new to this. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I didn't expect a soup Nazi situation, and I don't I apologize.
Speaker 1: How many bundles you want? How many bundles worth of fire are you gonna have? Well, what do I need? How many fires you gonna burn? I don't know, Like we just want toores. I don't know, man, how many fires you get a bird?
Speaker 3: I mean that's pretty much what you get out, all right. So if you're out there and you see you're at a restaurant and you're getting your your eggs or whatever, and the prices are jacked up. Just know, maybe as soon as we get on the other side of the bird flu, we will be back in business.