Speaker 1: It's amazing Minecraft podcast, but still with a working title, because we need to fix that because if we don't, then we're never gonna get our podcast back on Spotify. And we need that because we had a lot of listeners there. It's episode seventy seven. It's Friday, August fourth. It's been exactly one week since we posted our last episode. Yeah, that's that's why we're recording today. So yeah, it's a we are actually, yeah, we recorded on a schedule. Pretty crazy stuff. I know. We have a problem. There's a new Minecraft snapshot, and it's not looking good for us. What the new snapshot is is it revamps villager trading completely And you're like, oh, that sounds cool. No it's not. It's not cool. So what they do is they instead of librarians being cool, they're actually not anymore. Now only certain villagers will trade you certain enchantment books and depends on which biome they're from. So like I think, uh, planes villagers will only trade you Prop three and like a couple other useless ones, and now each villager only the good ones are like a master level trade so like you know, protection and that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So when you so when you get them. You can't tell which what they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Be, yeah, so you have to.
Speaker 2: Basically it's crappy because once you make one, you can actually I.
Speaker 1: Think because they only have one master level trade, so every planes villager will serve Prop three not Prop four Prop three as their master level trades, so you know you're gonna get but like still that's garbage because before you could get Prop four as a novice level trade from any villager and like other ones will give other good in chances their master level trade, and there are other trades are bad. It's like punch and flame and like who really cares about those? You know whatever? I got actually in Change of the Bow the other day and got I think I got power power for Infinity Punch two and Unbreaking three off of one enchant. It was like it was glorious anyway, So this is really bad for us because we need uh we This is just bad. They also I guess buff Diamond generation a little bit, like who who even heard about that? Because you know you can get full also, oh yeah, another another thing. Now, zombie villagers can only be cured once for discounts, so you can't like get all their their trades. To be one emerald for one.
Speaker 2: Thing that's in you have to be the hero of the village.
Speaker 1: Uh. I don't even know if you can get it for that, but so yeah, that is that is what the snapshot is, and it's horrible. So what we were planning on doing is just stalking up on tons of enchanted books and stuff. We already have like double chests full of enchanted books, but we need more because it's not enough because every time Getting and Jake decide to go and die, they take like a full on set of tools and armor.
Speaker 3: Hey, you said what I couldn't cure themagers? You would always have stock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do always have stock.
Speaker 3: We have no pickaxes, so it can't go neither, right mining?
Speaker 1: Okay, whatever, But like, also, you guys never make an attempt to recover your stuff I was going down for.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, because it falls in the lava, won't.
Speaker 1: See like, just get another right on.
Speaker 3: The lava still anyway, doesn't wait if it changes the current villagers trades, don't Doesn't that mean we'll have a crap ton of just prop three villagers?
Speaker 1: Uh? Maybe, but I don't know if the I don't know if the villagers that we already have will change their trades. I say, it's like a DVD shot. Mojang is Mojang, and they might not because, like they don't get rid of old stuff. If anybody remember.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, then those villagers will be like rare.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we need a lot of them. Oh yeah, like they don't really get rid of their old stuff. I have a I played on Pocket Edition for quite a long time.
Speaker 2: Isn't that just bedrock?
Speaker 1: It is now, but back in the day, it was Pocket Edition. I had that world since one point four point four, which is pretty old, and that was before they introduced the I think it was one point four point four. I can't remember exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we played on it a lot.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure. I mean it was it was my world. You didn't really play on it them.
Speaker 2: We played it on it all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh maybe you did a couple times.
Speaker 3: We made that, Like I remember, I think you made uh An area based on this ride at this Paul Bunyan Amusement park in Minnesota. It was basically in Minecraft, you made just basically a pit, but it was I do do you remember.
Speaker 2: That, Paul?
Speaker 1: No, I don't know. Oh, no anyway. So in that world, it was a pret Nether update for Pocket edition Slash Bedrocks. You had the Nether Core reactor thing or whatever, and I actually still have those in that world, even though it's updated to one dot twenty now, so I don't know. It doesn't let you place them. I think if you place them, it just immediately disappears. But they are in my inventory or in a chest somewhere. I can't remember that.
Speaker 2: It doesn't remind me.
Speaker 3: I remember we had like an Android table once, so we made like this little hill a house, and it was the game was so leggy.
Speaker 1: I remember it was really bad. I think it was also tablet. Yeah, it's also broken anyway, So yeah, I think it's like maybe a fifty fifty shot. But also, you know, they're all against like you know, human trafficking or whatever. I don't know the villagers, they don't count. So anyway, that is the problem. What I have been doing recently is trying to try to get myself kitted out so you may know that there is a thing better than diamonds. It's Nether, right, and they're like cool, cool cool, And we thought, okay, we've we've gone to the nether. Now we know what we're doing. And me and Jake got in our heads that we wanted some some ancient to breeze for some scraps for some nether, righte. So anyway, I go down there and look for some nether. I finally get some. It wasn't actually that difficult, Like I got pretty lucky on my first trip. I found four relatively quickly. And then I went and then I turned it into another ride and get and then I waltzed over to my smithing table with my diamond chess play, expecting to be able to upgrade it, and I put it in. Well it doesn't work. So I'm like, okay, this is a problem. This is a problem. So I, you know, I fiddle with it for thirty seconds and I'm like, okay, okay, we've got a problem. So I go to the wiki end. It turns out. It turns out you know how I said, oh, the latest up day time in that grade. But was good. No, it wasn't. It was terrible. So actually, what you knew need now is another I upgrade smithing template, which is a seven percent chance from a bastion chess. Pretty dang rare and also I louted the only bastion like within one hundred, three hundred or whatever blocks. So we had a problem. To me and Jake, uh No, I actually had started going another right or bastion rating first, because okay, I need I need that another righte upgrade template. And I uh, I go to the first bashi. It's like three hundred blocks away, not bad, not surgical chests. There's no another right upgrade template in there. I only die like eight times and then had to check my way back every time. So I keep going and now this this next one seven blocks away. But I'm like, surely, Shirley, Shirley, I've opened quite a few chests at this point. I'll get it. I'll get another right template. But no, we don't get another right template. So me and Jake are like, okay, okay, okay. So I went neither I or bastionerating and didn't find one. So maybe we both need to go bastionerating and then one of us will find one and we can duplicate it. Because see, smithing templates are a little bit special. You can duplicate them by using the smithing putting the smithing template a block that is similar to the smithing template, Like it depends on each smithing template and then seven diamonds.
Speaker 2: I mean like it depends on like like.
Speaker 1: You know, the the armor trends are like different blocks from then other.
Speaker 2: I thought it was always justno.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's just for the another right upgrade. Oh wait, like like I think there's there's one called uh hmm, wait.
Speaker 2: There's different than another I upgrade smith in templates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's tons of armour trim smething templates. They like trim your armor with a different color. So it's like there's a design on your armor with a different color based on what material you use.
Speaker 2: You get them. O.
Speaker 1: They're very rare. I have the snout one right now.
Speaker 2: Oh you should duplicate.
Speaker 1: Jake also has one. There's like thirty of them, and some of them are very very rare. Three or four of them are only from like the New trails and tails ruins or whatever they're called trail trail ruins I think is what they're called. And then there's one you can only find in the ancient cities called the Silence armor trim, which is like super rare.
Speaker 2: What's the coolest you say?
Speaker 1: I think Silence is probably the coolest. I can't we need to go kill a warden. I can't remember. I mean, that's that's difficult anyway. Uh So we went rating and then Jake, you know, being the me and the little doofist he is, he goes, he goes to the middle of a treasure bashing, finds another eyed upgrade champlain. We're like, yeah, he also got another ring, which was a cool bonus for him. Then he started the gold around there. He got a little bit creepy, but he stood on top of a piece of hole as you mind it, and little did he know, there was love under him and he died with the smithing template.
Speaker 2: Just toss it out of your inventory onto lamp.
Speaker 1: No, because he's under the lava under it. Yeah. See when you just toss it out of your inventory onto land, there has to be land, but there's not land. And also the chance of that succeeding is basically zero. You could have logged off, but even so, like the rescue mission that it wasn't well but actually no, because he could have logged on and off really quickly, because when you log back on, you're immune for three seconds to all sort of damage, so you can get your bearings. So if you log on for only three seconds, try and get as much done as you can three seconds, log off, re log on, and then basically do your stuff in three seconds. Spurts to try and get out of there, and it might just work. I don't know, but anyway, he died, lost the smithing templates. Now were we were in shambles, And when he finally got back with you, he knew we could We can go home empty handed like this, So we went to the next bashroom, which is eve and further away. But on Actually no, I don't even think I waited for Jake, because I didn't trust him at all. So I went to that treasure bastion. It was another three hundred four hundred blocks away, but on the first chest, after taking out the pickling moods, I find it another right upgrade template along with us now armored tram and a bunch of other junk. So I go back, duplicated a bunch and now I have full another right armor. I yeah, I went ancient reminding a couple more times, got myself some neother right armor, and now I have also another right sword and pick axe that I have exhausted my ancient degree supplies. I still have one of those fifthing templates left in case I need to what do you call it, duplicate them, So that is what I have been doing. I also, yeah, we went in n City rating today because Jake was the only one that found an e lightron on the server, so we needed to get him one. We went all the way there. Oh yeah, so before this we had exhausted all which call it's that the gateway or yeah, like any end sitting near the gateway we were at, we had we had rated them all, so we knew Gateway wanted me to do that. We needed to defeat the dragon a second time to open a second gateway. But to do that we need four hunder crystals, and to do that we need four gas tars. We had all the other stuff already, so I went looking with Jake for some gas tears. We had found one while bastion rating later, which went a lot better. We just we were, I don't know, we were real junkies or whatever, so we we wanted some excitement, so we went passion rating. But he got gas here and I was like, oh, when you only need like three more of these and then we can respawn the dragon, and then he logs off onto high pixel skyblock. I also log on with him help him with a couple void Gloom two twos because I can actually shred those now. For whatever reason I don't understand anyway, I get back on like an hour later, and I'm like, okay, you know I'm getting I'm getting his last three or whatever gas heres. I gotten one earlier, but I had logged off after that because I was trying to hit it with looting sword but it was annoyingly out of reach. So I finally find one, and it's close to the ground. It's trapped so like I could, I could hit it with my looting sword, and I finally do and I got I got two, so now I had three and Jake had one, and Jake gave me one, so then I made the end of crystals and then also I went to the end killed and respawned and killed the under Dagon for a second time. No one else was on because there was no one around, and then I told everybody's morning, Hey, I killed it was dragging this second time. We should go in citi rating. So we all went in sitiating and it went pretty well. I got two more shoker boxes. Jake got his electric getting and got basically nothing. They both kept looking at the endermen.
Speaker 3: It was really I was not looking at the indermen. And for some reason gave Boo gets all the shoker boxes. I don't know where he's getting them from, Like i'll kill shokers, I won't get shugar shells. The first time we went in city to an encity, I got four shoker boxes and now I only have one.
Speaker 1: That was the one I gave you out of pity. No, yeah, I gave you one.
Speaker 2: You never gave me one. I had just had one.
Speaker 1: No, you had you. I had like three shells and you were like, please, I only need one more shell for a shulker box. And like, fine, I'll give you one.
Speaker 2: I don't think I lost it. It must have been one of.
Speaker 1: My chests anyway. So we did that, and then we went back to gear up again because they were all basically out of fireworks and were surviving off rations that I gave them. But I only had like thirty or so left as well. And also, you know, we we head strayed pretty far, so we found a gateway we went back, and yeah, we now have plans to hook it up to our another hub, which I have been building. It's like this cool glass design. I don't know how much I like it anymore, but you know, I'm gonna finish it. It's like the fading glass kind of cool thing where basically you place layers of glass on top of each other and makes it look like an endless abyss of glass. It's pretty cool. But I found another design online that I like as well, but it's very resource intensive, of which I have as zero. So maybe another time is when that will get built. And also, like there's portals in that designers, it's difficult to link portals. I've learned it's annoying and intricate. So yeah, that is what I am doing. Gideon, what have you? What have you been up to?
Speaker 3: Honestly, not much, because I have them building my little base now. I'm pretty sure. Last time I had I think I had only finished.
Speaker 2: My farm and maybe got my animals. Well. I carved out everything, made it look really nice.
Speaker 3: I finished my wheat farm, although I made a carrot farm with a chest that has a bunch of gold in it for making golden carrots, and I have an animal farm which has a crapt in animals, probably thirty sheep and on like five cows because Gabriel and Jacob.
Speaker 2: Been desolating my animals and I'm like.
Speaker 3: To be the ones to kill them because I fire aspect of my sword and easily giving me steak and mutton. Yes, but I have looting, but I have just put fire aspect and looting.
Speaker 1: On it the fire aspect rain.
Speaker 3: I have a sword in a chest just right there for killing the animals.
Speaker 1: Like fire aspect is just bad in every wady there. What if it dies to the fire, then you're looting doesn't apply. And also enderman, if you hit them with fire aspects sword, they teleport every time they take fire damage.
Speaker 3: Anyway, to the left, I did a little storage area. I also put a dragon head.
Speaker 2: On the wall. Oh, I forgot to go the dragon in Finan City.
Speaker 3: I put a dragon head on the wall right in front of the dragon egg encasting glass, and it made a little storage area that I haven't really.
Speaker 1: What should we do? What should we do with the extra lightres once we get them?
Speaker 2: Just keep them just in case?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But who gets them? Mmmm? It depends who should duel for them? No fight club fight club fight club we will do.
Speaker 2: If we're doing it, it would be like sumodu.
Speaker 1: Yes, that would be a great idea. Let's do Let's make a sumo ring and that's how we decide who gets the lute. This is a great idea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can make it just a pit pit. I'm also gonna make a gunpowder farm.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be Yeah, that's I might make one as well.
Speaker 3: I know I'm probably gonna have an area where storm I farms like a gold on.
Speaker 2: A gold farm is gonna be in another But.
Speaker 1: I mean, we'll just make a community gold farm like our community iron farm.
Speaker 3: Okay, last time. It's not a community iron farm.
Speaker 1: It is idiot.
Speaker 3: I get I got all the villagers and I built everything, and they just mooch off of it.
Speaker 1: No, I helped, I helped.
Speaker 2: How did you help?
Speaker 1: I can't remember, but I know I did. I took if this is the hill.
Speaker 3: I took like three cobblestone stacks from hither chest exactly.
Speaker 2: And I can give that back twentyfold.
Speaker 1: Oh no, now that doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: I have five double chests full of the two.
Speaker 1: You always think that you should be charged based on how hard it is for me to get the resources, not how much you care, like I should be able to extort you all I want.
Speaker 3: Basically, Gable charged me one diamond for a piece of leather armor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's the lowest I could possibly church.
Speaker 2: I don't off to give Why can you just give it to me? I just need to put it.
Speaker 1: On a freaking arm because I knew you were willing to pay it. See, this is a rule for economics. Basically, what you do is you find the most that they're willing to pay, and then you charge that, and then you say you won't accept anything less. It's beautiful. And now he thinks, well, I should only have to pay him very little something and like less worth than diamonds, because it's not hard for him to get it. But that's not how this works out, is it. See I don't care how hard it is for them to get the sodas into the vending machine. I'm still paying the dollar fifty that they're charging me. Yeah, it's extortionate, but like, still, you know what else you're gonna advise it to somewhere else? And yeah, it's after school and you're going up to the vending machine that's sitting there and you're gonna you're gonna buy that because you're thirsty and you know you're not.
Speaker 3: What if I'm moved the iron form, that would take forever. No, it wouldn't, it would it wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Well, then I'd just make one. It's not that difficult.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking of just moving.
Speaker 3: No, that's fine the villagers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like that's no, I'm.
Speaker 3: Just gonna mind card. The villagers probably one hundred blocks away and down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But like, see, you threats me nothing because I could slaughter you. I nether right armor.
Speaker 2: See, because I can blow you up.
Speaker 1: But see you can't because I have a shield.
Speaker 2: I can rig your house with TNT.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But see that would lead to your PC getting smashed, because.
Speaker 3: That's you would not smash my PC, No, I wouldn't. But like still, if you smash my baby, you would be Yeah.
Speaker 1: He loves his PIEC like his freaking child.
Speaker 2: He is my child.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very.
Speaker 3: Very It's a beloved piece of machinery. Yeah, treat your PCs with respect, guys.
Speaker 1: His PC's monarch has multiple cracks in it that he prefers.
Speaker 2: My mom does not have cracks.
Speaker 1: He refuses to acknowledge that they're cracks. He says, they're like they're he has.
Speaker 2: Like two dead pixels.
Speaker 1: They're not dead pixels. They're cracks.
Speaker 3: You can feel them on They're not cracks at the most.
Speaker 2: They are like a blemish on the screen.
Speaker 3: I can't even tell their they Yeah, and if it was, it wasn't for me. I about this under use, and it was, they're not cracks. There's like two dead pixels out of like the seven hundred pixels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure I'll show you anyway. Yeah, it's not moving the iron farm because that'd be a cheap shot.
Speaker 3: Then I could just I could just do like a motion sensor thingy in your house.
Speaker 2: Soon as you enter the house, boom goes the dynamite. Literally.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But see, you've just broken like one of the major rules of the service. This is not an anarchy server. It's a survival SMP.
Speaker 2: This is not so what if I do it on April Fool's Day?
Speaker 1: Oh no, well then there's nothing I could do stop. No, it doesn't matter. I don't care about it a fool's day, especially when it comes. It's something it took me in mileths forever to build.
Speaker 3: Anyway, dude, it took me longer to build mine. You just carved it a hole in a mountain and placed down some wood.
Speaker 1: Getting that's exactly what you did.
Speaker 3: I carved out a whole underground bigger than yours.
Speaker 1: Which goes into a mountain. No, it doesn't. Mine is all under the mountain.
Speaker 2: Happened straight into the side of it.
Speaker 1: You're freaking you know.
Speaker 2: I made the lower minus twenty blocks underground.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, minus twenty blocks underground too.
Speaker 2: What's not today? No, it's okay under the mountain.
Speaker 1: You're standing on top of the mountain. It is twenty blocks.
Speaker 3: Down his It's like maybe it's like a little circular hole.
Speaker 2: You enter and then.
Speaker 1: It's very tasteful, very It has a bit of.
Speaker 3: Wood, and then you and there's literally and there's two hallways.
Speaker 2: They're literally just stone hallways leading to nothing. It's like, probably maybe one of.
Speaker 1: Them leads to my storage. The other one doesn't need to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yet, probably one hundred maybe one hundred and fifty blocks of floor space.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter. Mine looks better.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna and then mine. Dude, I had to You just placed down some wood. I had to smelt stone and.
Speaker 1: Get into even you had to pay me to no.
Speaker 3: Originally I bought some stone from him. Didn't realize how much I was gonna need, so I had to smell a couple more inventories.
Speaker 1: You know, Here's what we will do. We will put a pole in the show notes on the next episode as well as pictures.
Speaker 3: We will take screenshots, and you're gonna decide what is better. I have a smooth stone design which took me forever.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can take you can take three pictures.
Speaker 2: Put three isn't enough to showcase everything I have.
Speaker 1: Well, suck it anyway.
Speaker 3: I have one, two, three, four, five, six, seven rooms Ryan us always and just capture.
Speaker 1: Capture as much as you can. You don't need an exterior shot because it's a hole in the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I'm not.
Speaker 1: You get three pictures. Make him as flattering as you want, he's all the shades or whatever.
Speaker 2: No I'm not getting. No, I'm getting at least five.
Speaker 1: Take as many pats a if you want whatever, and then we'll put a pole on next episode. In the show notes. You'll click a link or something I don't know, and then it'll bring you to a pole page hopefully, and then you vote on which one is better. And if I win, I am better than him, and if he wins, he's not better than me. So yeah, and how.
Speaker 2: Is the winner?
Speaker 3: The loser of the pole has to give the other person ten diamonds, no or one another.
Speaker 1: I it no one diamond. No, No, you can't. You can't just make it.
Speaker 2: You don't have any diamonds.
Speaker 1: See I do, though I have like five.
Speaker 2: No one another.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: If you're so sure yours is better, you wouldn't mind.
Speaker 1: No, looks, I just dropped a walk on my phone, that's what we're saying. No, No, it's one diamond.
Speaker 2: One diamond means an upgrade template.
Speaker 1: Fine, they get one upgrade template. Winner gets one upgrade templates.
Speaker 2: Yet actually from you, I want your no.
Speaker 1: No, this is not a freaking like Pokemon.
Speaker 3: I'll give you an upgrade template if you win, but I want your weird like do you know the thing that.
Speaker 1: Makes it all look the snout trim. Sure, yeah, fine, I'll give you a snout trim. Then it's it's literally the same, and you give me an upgrade template.
Speaker 2: But I'm gonna wait a minute.
Speaker 1: So okay, So yeah, we'll put that in the next episode, not this one, because this one needs to go out tonight and it's you know, it's already like nine fifty three. So yeah, thank you for listening to this episode of the Amazing Macrap Podcast. Still working title. We're gonna figure it out anyway. Yeah, So until next time, ceeliater he and by