Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Kaplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. It is the American way to have fun, right and to have fun while winning. So we're going to do both and keep doing both, but especially this afternoon, this glorious summer Friday afternoon, and looks like a warm, dry weekend ahead across some most of the rocky mountains. So if you're listening in Colorado, you are in for another great one three or three seven one three eight two five five The number text d A N five seven seven three nine. Hey had to laugh listening. I was listening to the local new six point thirty kitch at w and Denver, and they had Denver Mayor Mike Johnston on, and he was talking about how he's going to be cracking down on crime now with law enforcement and not letting people just walk out of stores with all this stuff. It's like, aren't you the guy who's like cutting the police budget a whole lot right now so that you can pay to house more homeless people.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is that very same guy.
Speaker 1: But it's this ability to lie shamelessly, which is so kind of intriguing to me clinically because I just don't know how humans get to that point, right, And I'm far from a perfect being. But you know, if say Ryan Ever came in with a bad haircut, which is inconceivable to me because he never takes his hat off, but say he did, and he said, what do you think?
Speaker 2: And I say, oh, man, that's a great haircut.
Speaker 1: I feel guilty for three weeks and listen, I got you know, I got a lot of problems in my negative column. But I think most people and probably vast majority of people listening, just don't lie. But the left right now, it's like a requirement you be able to lie. But so Mike Johnson, Yeah, he's going to be cracking down on crime. Do not hold your breath. But it ties into kind of a funny little combo pack we put together here for you and if fast Moving show today We're in cover a million million different topics, but I wanted to get to this one right out of the gate.
Speaker 2: You know, this mom, Donnie guy, this this communist.
Speaker 1: In New York who it looks like they're about to elect mayor and he's just very open about it, right, He's just very open.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we'll do whatever we have to do, do.
Speaker 1: Away with private property rights, whatever, to make sure we can give everybody a home. Well, question I have for you among many today three oh three seven one three A two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine is how much of a difference, if any, is there, between Mike Johnston and this self identified socialist but really more of a communist in New York, this mom, Donnie. How much of a difference is there really? I understand the difference in how upfront about it, how open they are about it. But listen to this clip and then tell me how much of a difference is there really or is it just the packaging for the local audience?
Speaker 2: Cut sixteen place right?
Speaker 4: My platform is that every single person should have housed. And I think, faced with these two options, the system, the system has hundreds of thousands of people unhoused, right for what and if if there was any system that could guarantee each person housing, whether you call it the abolition of private property or you call it, you know, just a state wide house and guarantee it is preferable to what is going on right now. And I think that people try and play like gotcha games about these kinds of things, and it's like, look, I care more about whether somebody has a home.
Speaker 3: We will get you a home. We will get you a home. We will get you a home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how much of a difference is there? The first was Mandani and the second is Johnston. It is inaugural address, same thing, right, and Mike Johnston stood up and said, Hey, you don't have a home. You come to Denver, we will get you a home. So is there really any difference there?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 1: I understand Johnston is present himself differently and he would not call himself a socialist, etc. But in terms of the approach, is there any difference there? Once you just say to the world you come to Denver, we will get you home. And then, of course, as we predicted, look at the position it puts the good people of Denver in right now, where all of a sudden you have people being furloughed, you have budgets being caught, you have services being curtailed. So Mike Johnston can fulfill his promise of getting a home for anybody who wants one in Denver. I mean, what kind of difference is there really? And the broader point, and I'm sure there are some on some policy issues, but the broader point is this is today's democratic party and can even call it a democratic party anymore?
Speaker 2: Does it have to be called a socialist party?
Speaker 1: But this is where it's going, whether it dresses up like Johnston or Mandani, this is where it's going.
Speaker 2: Which is to this kind of socialism.
Speaker 1: Okay, everybody else in Denver, you work hard for the city, you pay your taxes, you need to be protected by police. Now we're cutting the police budget, we're laying you off, and we're cutting services over at the park and our intersections, Ryan, have you seen our intersections in Denver? It looks like worse than Third World? And so everybody's told no, you're going to have a lesser quality of life, or you're going to lose hours at your job, or you're not going.
Speaker 2: To be protected by police.
Speaker 1: So that we can provide housing for anybody around America who wants to come here and.
Speaker 2: Ask for it. What's the difference there? Three or three?
Speaker 1: Someone three eight two five five the number text d an five seven seven three.
Speaker 6: Well, there's also a couple of nuggets in there with mom Donnie that you're right, it's just varying shades of the same color from Mike Johnston. These guaranteed outcomes Dan that are so dangerous and why I know that we wanted to create a safety net coming out of the Great Depression, and that was the whole basis for Social Security. And these government funded ponzi schemes, and that's what they are. You pay into them, you don't get out necessarily what you pay in. If you die before retirement age, you don't collect. And if you don't live long enough for the amount that you contributed, you don't collect an equal amount or more. It's a bad investment just from that model standpoint. But when when Donnie says everybody has a right to a home, well, nothing in life is free. There's no such thing as a free lunch, and there's certainly no such thing as a free home.
Speaker 3: So somebody's paying for that.
Speaker 6: It's government subsidized, it's government controlled, eliminating private property. I mean, try telling that to somebody who has rural land here in Colorado.
Speaker 1: Well, take the government out of there and just say us right, because it's us paying for that end. Listen, when it comes to and I would get I'd love to hear from folks on this DA n five seven seven thirty nine. But when it comes to folks listening to this show, who I think are a microcosm of just good people out there across the spectrum, vast majority I think would say, of course, we have to have a safety net for those people truly in crisis, who are in a situation where they need a home short term whatever, or maybe they have some kind of long term disability they're going to need longer term help. Yeah, a true safety net like that, I think the vast majority of us would support and would feel good about paying for through our taxes, as long as the money spent well. But that's what Johnston's talking about, And this is at the heart of my comparison on Donnie. When you listen to what Mike Johnston promised in that inaugural address, you know he's not putting those kind of conditions on it. You know, come to Denver, we will get you a home. You know you're unhoused. We will get you a home. And a society can't support itself like that right, it's the old Hey, when the mask drops out of the ceiling on a plane, you know, put it on yourself first, before the kids, so you can help the kid. Society cannot afford to do what Mike Johnston has pledged to do, and that's why Denver right now is going through all these layoffs and cutbacks and cutbacks and cops. But Ryan, do you disagree? This is where the Democratic Party is going.
Speaker 6: This is the failure of the party and the why cities nationwide are crumbling under the weight of themselves because businesses, business owners, restaurant tours, people that would want to set up shop in a metro area, they don't want to pay the taxes required. Look at New York City and where it will go if Momdannie does take over, that money's going to flee. The very tax space that you need to support these communist socialist programs is going to be gone.
Speaker 3: So where are youre going to get the money from?
Speaker 1: You're not right, and you know what you might be able to hold onto those job creators, big tax payers if you are providing this tremendous quality of life. But hand in hand with this leftist ideology is pro criminal and anti cop. So at the same time you're doing this awful stuff with the right hand, you are recruiting criminals to your city with the left hand, just like Johnston now and polists and the Democrats are out there recruiting people that come here illegally from all over the world. And now, of course there'll be many who aren't otherwise criminals, but they're not vetting. They're recruiting everybody to come here illegally. Come here illegally, you can get a driver's license first day, you can use an ID that's inspired nine years, three hundred and sixty days. And then of course the way they coddle and protect criminals with the other changes they've made in the law. So that's the double whemming. I mean, I could see a scenario, Ryan, I wouldn't support it and wouldn't want it, but a scenario where they could pull off some of their socialist stuff if there were if they were taking advantage of this beauty God's given us here in Colorado and everything, and they were creating this tremendous quality of life. But because they're so pro criminal, you see the way it just deteriorates. So yeah, they're killing the place the left is killing Denver. How long do you think that's going to take? Three O three seven one three eight two five five. But we have much more than that ahead today as well. We have some breaking news from the Trump administration. Has Obama been caught red handed? But here's a bigger one. Barack Obama. Barack Obama saying that, hey, every kid, every kid needs a gay person in their life. Every kid needs a gay person in their life to give that kid feedback on whether their own parents a good parent or not. Yeah, you can't make this stuff up. You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much. Yeah, we worked hard. It's a very important actor genius act. They named it after me, and I want to thank you. I want to thank you. This is a hell of an act.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: He I don't think we'll ever have a president this funny again. No, but by the way, I think we pulled this sound. Did you hear jd Vance ripping on Reagan? Cut eighteen jd Vance ripping on Reagan?
Speaker 2: This is on Rogan? I think right, and we saw this.
Speaker 8: Look I'm like a Reagan guy, right, I'm a conservative Republican. But Reagan screwed up a lot up mental health in this country. People don't talk nearly enough about that. He really screwed up amnesty thing. He really screwed up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and people always say, well, you know Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 8: You know, when they critics of Donald Trump will say, well, look at how Reagan talked about immigration. Because of what Ronald Reagan did at the nineteen eighty six amnesty California is now effectively permanently blue state except.
Speaker 3: When Arnold won.
Speaker 8: But Arnold ran as a super moderate Republican. He was a major celebrity, right, he was at the height of his celebrity power. And he's he's still won barely, even though California had been mismanaged. California is a one party state because of Ronald Reagan's ambassy. And that's the fear, is that the entire country could become When the entire country becomes.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, so interesting and really kind of fun to watch, you know. JD Vance growing the job, Rubio growing the job, and it's just going to be a blast quick twenty six.
Speaker 2: This will all be out in the open right.
Speaker 6: A fact check on JD. Vance there and the few times that he needs one. But he's a little younger than Kelly and I are. And Kelly lived through the governor's race back then were great Davis, great out Davis, as Russe Limbaugh called him. And the recall election there he didn't win by a little bit, Arnold Swarzenegger, Dawn, he won by a lot. Schwarzenegger cleared the field. It was pretty emphatic from the voters of California. And that's the last time it happened.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The interesting thing though, when you think about Reagan, I'm not going to spend the show on President Reagan. Is greatness is obvious, and we all owe him a debt of gratitude. But another thing that he mishandled was the life issue. And we had a chance to save an awful lot of lives during his term, and he kept appointing.
Speaker 2: People who were, you know, justices who.
Speaker 1: Were not originalist justices, justices who were going to legislate on the issue of abortions.
Speaker 2: So rowe would have.
Speaker 1: Been gone a long long time ago if President Reagan had had done a better job of nominating Supreme Court justices.
Speaker 3: But well, it was kind of the first dee.
Speaker 6: I hied when he nominated Sanderdale O'Connor was like he was dedicated to nominating a woman.
Speaker 3: And she was a fine justice, but like you said, very middle of the road.
Speaker 6: And then antonin Scalia an all time great, the lion of the Supreme Court.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's that's top of the charts.
Speaker 6: But then Robert Bork would have been a phenomenal justice, tremendous legal mind. And that whole process happened. He got Borke to become a verb. And then Anthony Kennedy comes in and he was much like Sanderdy O'Connor, right down the middle kind of thing, like that.
Speaker 2: Justice Roberts name.
Speaker 1: I would disagree on O'Connor being a DEI higher.
Speaker 2: I don't think she was.
Speaker 1: I mean what I mean, she had plenty of merit. She had plenty of merit, you know, coming out of Arizona, very distinguished. But she was not pro life and she was going to be an activist judge on abortion. And all you have to do is interpret the darn Constitution and rogue gets overturned. But the Reagan Whitehouse did not investigate her. They would have found out that she had pushed all this pro abortion legislation, but I respectfully disagree. I think she was very qualified. She was just kind of a pro abortion activist. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. So much more to get here to today Colbert his show being canceled, and and what is your take on this? What is your take? I want to open this up to everybody to Colbert being canceled. Here's a bear announcing it yesterday. Cut to please Ryan.
Speaker 9: Before we start the show, I want to let you know something that I found out just last night. Next year will be our last season. The network will be ending the Late Show in May. And yeah, Jailing, it's not just the end of our show, but it's the end of the Late Show on CBS.
Speaker 3: I'm not being replaced. This is all just going away. And I do want to say.
Speaker 9: I do want to say that the folks at CBS have.
Speaker 2: Been great partners.
Speaker 9: I'm so grateful to the Tiffany Network for giving me this chair and this beautiful theater.
Speaker 2: To call home.
Speaker 1: Thanks and of course thanks Stephen. Yeah, and he's just been ripping on him for the last few days. And then some feedback from the left on that. See if you agree or disagree with this, let's go to cut five this John Heilman and b C News.
Speaker 10: I think there's a consensus in the television business that this generation of late night hosts Stephen, Jimmy, Jimmy and Seth Myers, we're going to be the last. That they would not that the economics for the reasons you were talking about, because so much of the revenue and the viewership is now moving into social platforms notto, YouTube, that you wouldn't you wouldn't find us a success or to any of those guys.
Speaker 3: This would be the.
Speaker 10: Last generation in those traditional seats.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Aran, But wait a second.
Speaker 1: The only reason they don't have the revenue is they don't have a large enough audience because they've become such hardcore lefties. You're trying to tell me that that a true, funny late night show could not make it. Of course it could for the same reason it has for so many years until these guys ruined it.
Speaker 2: And you know. My take on this, though, is listen to Colbert.
Speaker 1: I obviously disagree with him politically, and I think he's often very dishonest, but the fact that he chose to take this show and instead of doing comedy, you know, use it to try to advance political causes.
Speaker 2: He believes in.
Speaker 1: I'm not critical of him for that because I and I never watch him right for all the obvious reasons. But I personally believe, and I would guess you do too, that Hey, we're put on this earth to make the biggest impact we can on the things that we believe in.
Speaker 2: Stop bad things, do good things.
Speaker 1: Now, I have an opposite view of Colbert on what that means, but I'm never going to fault the guy or Gale for trying to use their platform to advance causes. They truly believe it, even if I disagree with their causes. Now, his show's going away, and the others will too, because they're just not funny. They've they've turned into bitter lefties, and they're only going to get more bitter beer faces. Keystone is still around, Ryan, Did you ever drink Keystone?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. That's a horrible beer, but yeah, it's still around. I believe.
Speaker 1: Well, that's where bitter beer face comes from, That's right, Yeah, from that, I mean, they're only going to get more bitter beer faced. You know, has all of this conservative success continues, so if nothing else, maybe leave.
Speaker 2: Them on just to enjoy that.
Speaker 1: But but yeah, I'm surprised they're gonna leave colberta now. As long as they have or as long as they will. I mean, I've fault them for just canceling the thing right now.
Speaker 3: Give them a soft landing.
Speaker 6: You know, May is when the live shows typically end anyway, So they're letting him play out the string in the season.
Speaker 3: Then that'll be it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and maybe they figure they'll get the train wreck, you know, bumping ratings right as as people tune into see the very end of it. Hey, whant to come back to the First thing I want to do is play this sound of Barack Obama talking about how every kid needs a gay person in their life and in part to keep a check on their own parent.
Speaker 2: Wow. Three someone three eight two five five On the Dan.
Speaker 3: Kaplish you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 11: People say he'll never take a serious controversy.
Speaker 2: Well I have an answer to that.
Speaker 11: I said, no, tell me the last time that Jack.
Speaker 2: Benny red Skelton.
Speaker 11: Benny comedian use his show to do serious issues.
Speaker 2: That's not what I'm there for. Can't they see that.
Speaker 11: But you and I they think that just because you have it tonight show that you must deal in serious issues.
Speaker 2: That's a danger. It's a real danger.
Speaker 11: Once you start that, do you start to get that self important feeling. That's what you say has great import and you know, strangely enough, you could use that show as a form you could sway people, and I don't think you should as an entertainer.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, Kerson had it right, and I mean had it right in terms of what worked for him, but also what worked commercially. And that's why these you know, late night lefties right now, they're not working. And Colbert's just the first to fall. But Ryan, just as you played that music right now, I understand that you know, many people listening you've never heard of Johnny Carson an age thing. But the concept's pretty simple. Just a funny late night show devoted to comedy, and you can have political comedy. It just has to be even handed. So when you get these guys who are just far left, you know, as a Texter says Dan, Colbert is a late night Rachel Maddow. Everyone is tired of arrogance and smug superior attitudes. Yeah, but if you had a truly funny show and then I'll go to the phone. So if you had a truly funny show, it'd be an enormous hit, in part because, I mean, what happens at the end of the day, right, We all want to kind of wind down and relax as we go to bed, and humor's great for that. Also, it's a time of day. You know, a lot of couples are together that time of night, and humor's just just a great thing for a couple to enjoy together. It's also much more conducive to you know, romance than just bitter, lefty stuff. So there's a huge market for that kind of show. And when this smug, dishonest Colbert says, oh no, CBS is doing away with a show like this entirely. They may say that now, but I bet you had a hawk that they end up with an actually funny late show because there's a screaming market for it. Let's go out to meet Colorado. You can bet they have some good tomahawk donators there. Tom you're on the Dan Kaplis show.
Speaker 12: Welcome and you know what, that was a great thing that your partner did putting up that Johnny Cupperson deal. That interview was great, you know, Stephen Colbert. I feel sorry for him. He's had a rough life. But you know what, the guy is filled with hate. I can't believe this guy and all he does is go after conservatives and stuff. And look, you take like Bill Maher. I love Bill Maher. I watched the show all the time, you know, because he attacks everybody. He does it evenly, you know, Yeah, and much more surprised me at all.
Speaker 2: Much more lately.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, no, I mean, there's just not going to be the market. It's it's why you don't hear many lefty talk radio stations, right, they're just you have some you have some talented lefties who've tried to do talk, but but there's not the market there for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he appreciate that.
Speaker 12: Nobody. There's no market for negativity, no market for that.
Speaker 1: Hey appreciate the call, Thank you, my friend, very much so and listen, I respectfully disagree with the last point on no market for negativity. I think that market is there depending on what you're being negative about. If you're being negative about truly bad things, then there's going to be a pretty big market for that. Because most people are good and they want to stop bad things. But the left just being constantly negative about good things, starting with America. Yeah, yeah, there's not. And let's hope there's never going to be a big enough market for that. Speaking of negativity, negati, negator in chief?
Speaker 2: Is that a word? It is now? Barack Obama.
Speaker 1: Ryan, let's go to cut fourteen, Barack Obama saying young boys need a gay man in their life for guidance.
Speaker 2: Cut fourteen place.
Speaker 13: One of the most valuable things I learned as a guy was I had a gay professor in college at a time when openly gay folks still weren't out of life who became one of my favorite professors and was a great guy and would call me out when I started saying stuff that was ignorant. Do you need that? They show empathy and kindness, And by the way, you need that person in your friend group so that if you then have a boy who is who's who's who's gay, or Don Binder or they had somebody that they can go, Okay, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Alone in this, and then I'll get you.
Speaker 1: I meant to get you another cut, Ryan, there's this other cut where he's talking about how you need gays. You need a gay in your child's life, so the child's not dependent on the parent, and the gay person can keep the parent and check. I'll get you that bite. But let me tackle what he just said right there. First of all, he was in college at a time when when gay people couldn't be open.
Speaker 2: What is he talking about?
Speaker 1: And I know the guy just lies, but what in the world is he talking about?
Speaker 2: How old is Obama?
Speaker 3: Uh, he's a little bit younger than you, but not a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, But the point is he's not older than me. No, no, And listen, when I was in college. When I was in college, you know, at first I'm a student senator, then I'm a student body president. When I was a student senator, I had an openly gay roommate. He came and he presented to the student Senate. We called it the Executive Council, the Budget for Gay Liberation. And I'm there introducing him to everybody as my roommate. What's Obama talking about? When I was student body president then, and I was part of a tri executive and then I ran for president of my own When I was student body president, my campaign manager was an openly gay guy named Walt Bloher one of the great humans you will ever meet. And by the way, when the mob came to beat me up, he was the only.
Speaker 2: One who stood with me. So what is Obama talking about?
Speaker 1: There were a lot of gays way out in the open, then, yeah, but that's just what they do, right, They play holier.
Speaker 2: Than now and then they make this stuff up. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I've been very, very happily heterosexual my entire life. But I wouldn't have a second thought about having a gay roommate, as I did several times if they were, you know, just great people and people of character, and you know, they kept their sex life to themselves and I kept mind to myself. Of course I didn't have one, so that wasn't hurt. But I thought I thought I was going back to the seminary then, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Plus if you look at where he went, and I had to look this up, but he's a graduate undergrad for his bachelor's degree at Columbia University in New York City and at Harvard just outside of Boston. His JD as Juris doctorate. Dan pretty sure when he went to college. So he was born in nineteen sixty one sixty three years old, so that puts them in college right around nineteen eighty. Yeah, lots of gays out in the open, especially on college campus, isn't, especially in New York and Boston.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just bizarre.
Speaker 1: Then I do want to I will get you that cut and we'll talk about it a little later where he talks about, oh, no, you need you need a gay person in your child's life so that they have somebody other than their parent to go to and help keep the parent in check.
Speaker 2: What a bunch of nonsense.
Speaker 1: But it's just so consistent with that leftist ideology, right that they're not your kids, just like Obama says, no, you didn't. You didn't create that success, you didn't create those jobs. It's the attitude of the left. These are not your kids. And that's why you get people like Poulists who come out the day after he's elected governor saying, hey have to keep your faith out of the public square, right, because if they've got to, they've got to separate people from their faith. They have to separate children from their parents in order to be able to ingrain the leftist ideology because it's so counter to most people's faith and it's so counter to what most parents believe, and they're they're pretty blatant about it.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 1: The only question is whether society is going to go for it or not. I think in this last election, most places in America anyway, that the country made a pretty strong statement it does not want to go down that road. Three or three seven three two five five The number text d A N five seven seven three nine.
Speaker 2: Hey when we come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll pull that other Obama sound. But this is hilarious and you're really going to enjoy it. As all of these Biden nights, all these key Democrats now take the fifth when they're asked under oath, was Joe Biden mentally competent to be president?
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 3: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 14: From the optics standpoint, the timing could not be worse for CBS. Colbert is such an outspoken Trump critic, he's just back from vacation, and as you showed there on Monday on his first night back from vacation, he's also a thorn in his parent company's side. So this looks to a lot of Colbert's fans like another form of capitulation by CBS to the President the United States.
Speaker 1: Well, wait a second, are you capitulating to the president or are you capitulating to reality? And the reality is this is not the the leftist America that the left thought it had achieved and that several of these networks better and thought the left was about to achieve it. That's not the country anymore, and that's not where the country's headed. So that's not where the audience is. So if you want to call that capitulation, so be it three or three SEVENE three A two five five The number text d A N five seven seven three nine. One thing we know for sure, right is that these networks still care at least a little bit about money, and that is why we are going to end up with what we should have. It's the great thing, the power of the marketplace right and demand. Is we're going to end up with the truly funny late night show again, which means sometimes it'll offend me, sometimes I'll love the political humor, but it's going to be balanced and down the middle, and the priority is going to be funny stuff no matter which way the attack goes. And then plenty of stuff that isn't even political. There will be another show like The Carson Show again, because there's money to be.
Speaker 2: Made doing a show like this.
Speaker 1: These hardcore lefty late night shows were an extension of the politics.
Speaker 2: Of the networks that hosted them.
Speaker 6: And Dan, this texter is right on the money. I think my only concern is would a network have the money to pay it? And if they did, I think it would pay off it, says Dan. Could you imagine a Dave Chappelle late night show?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, anything funny, man, Don't people get it? God created us to laugh.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean humor cuts through.
Speaker 1: Humor cuts through and opens hearts and minds in a way that maybe nothing else on the face of the earth does.
Speaker 2: Created to do that.
Speaker 1: But these networks have become so caught up in their own politics they've just sacrificed a truly funny show.
Speaker 6: And Dave Chappelle, there's a fascinating interview Dave Letterman does this series. I think you can find on one of the streaming platforms that that's basically my guest needs no introduction. He used to introduce a lot of his guests that way. Letterman tries to get political, and he's in Dave Chappelle's hometown in Ohio. And Dave Chappelle is in the hometown that he grew up in with his dad. It's rural Ohio. It is Trump country, and he is not a Trumper, but he understands it and he gets it, and he refuses to condemn Trump voters or even Trump himself.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna dig that sound up too, Dan.
Speaker 6: There was an iconic Saturday Night Live monologue that Dave Chappelle did in which he said, I get it. I understand why people like Donald Trump. And here's why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the key is are you someone who disagrees or are you a hater? There you go, because yeah, and if you disagree with Trump, fine, you can still do humor and everything else. But many of these people in all these late nights.
Speaker 2: They're haters. They're actual haters.
Speaker 3: And Chappelle does not hate Trump.
Speaker 1: And who wants to go to bed at night hating r Right, It's the opposite of what we've been taught, you know, growing up, which is, hey, you know, you got some beef with your wife or whatever, then you work it out before you go to bed at night. That you who wants to go to bed hating, and that's what they try to get you to do in these lefty shows, go to sleep at night hating. Yeah, there will be another great And who do you think that comedian will be. You think it'll be a Chappelle's show, You think it'll be somebody else, But.
Speaker 2: There will be one, and before too long.
Speaker 6: I think, well Chappelle would be phenomenal. But again, you're gonna have to pay big money and is a net We're going to feel it's worth it, and is Chappelle is gonna be willing to do it because he bailed on Chappelle's show, which was genius. It was pure genius on Comedy Central about twenty years ago. But he flaked out and he went to Africa for a while. It was really weird. But I think one guy we just witnessed him host The SPS, Shane Gillis. If he hosted a show like that, it'd be kind of free wheeling fun. I don't know that he has the chops the host, that's a different element altogether, but he's got the humor and he's got the pulse of America Dan because he killed it on the SP's as the MC for that.
Speaker 1: Now tell me about fallon because I sort of tuned out all the late night shows.
Speaker 2: But but he's not a hater, is he?
Speaker 6: He's not, But he shied away from it when he had that iconic episode himself where Donald Trump was on the air he must up his hair and he took a lot of heat for that from the left, and then he capitulated, He capitulated, he surrendered, and then the woke mob got him and now he falls in line and so now he's like just everybody else, like Seth Myers, like Jimmy Kimmel, like Stephen Colbert.
Speaker 3: And that was so disappointing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that show will be coming three or three seven, one, three eight two five five the number TEXTDA and five seven, seventh through nine.
Speaker 2: Speaking of which, we've got to schedule.
Speaker 1: That show where I'm going to do the whole show, the serious topics, but it's all going to be humorous and well, you know, need a day or two to prepare for that.
Speaker 3: I'm working on pulling up some of these clips.
Speaker 6: I got another Carson one coming up just for our listeners and knowledge out there, and I'm gonna pull that, Like I said, the Chappelle SNL, the portion where he talks about Donald Trump and try to get a concise question.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But what I'm talking about in the show that we're planning to do is that the challenge for me just is it'd be a challenge for you on your great show if you're going to try to do a humorous take on all the serious topics of the day without just doing Rodney danger Phil jokes.
Speaker 2: And we can do that. But speaking of.
Speaker 1: Which, you want to hear something funny, Yeah, let's do these back to back. Let's do first a little bit of another top Biden official taking the fifth and then we'll do kind of the funny spin on that cut.
Speaker 2: Thirty three.
Speaker 15: Please Thomas Thomas advised President Biden on the handling of classified documents found in his garage.
Speaker 5: On the advice of counsel, I respectfully, respectfully declined to answer the question pursuing to my fifth Man rights under the Constitution.
Speaker 15: The record will reflect that Miss thomasin he has invoked the Fifth Amendment right against self and at Lasini.
Speaker 3: Please do be very clear.
Speaker 15: Are you declining to answer the question put to you solely on the ground that you believe the answer will incriminate you on.
Speaker 5: The Advisive Council, I respectfully decline to answer the question pursuing to my Fifth Amendment rights under the Constitution.
Speaker 15: Miss Thomasini, did President Joe Biden or anyone else in the White House instruct you to conceal or destroy classified material found at President Biden's home or office on.
Speaker 5: The Advisive Council, I respectfully declined to.
Speaker 1: Answer the questions to make And there's been a lot of this going on now, right, So I'm really glad they're drilling down on that. This scandal has to be exposed. But then here's a kind of a fun take on all of the Biden people taking the fifth cup thirty please, so many.
Speaker 16: Amendment in the Constitution of the United States, me the film, me the FIBB.
Speaker 3: Golden Threefold, A lot of that, A.
Speaker 2: Lot of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope they drill down and identify everybody involved in that scandal. Hey, texture said, Dan, how about that other Obama story that his ties to Russia Gate.
Speaker 2: I'll talk about that on the other side as well as