Speaker 1: I've got bullish news for you.
Speaker 2: Coinbass Stock is going to enter the SMP five hundred, replacing Discover. This is insane. I'll give you the details. And New York's Mayor Eric Adams comes out making bold statements about crypto in New York City. I'll share the video with you. And the SEC held their crypto roundtable on tokenization today. I'll share what Paul Atkins had to say the SEC chair. Let's get into it. Hey, everybody, welcome into the Thinking Crypto podcast. You're home for cryptocurrency news and interviews. I'm your host, Tony Edward. On your way in, Please hit that subscribe button as well as a thumbs up button and leave a comment below. If you're listening on a podcast platform such as Spotify or Apple, please leave a five star rating and review.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 2: Huge news coming out around Coinbase. Here's what Brian Armstrong, CEO of Coinbase, tweeted out. Coinbase just became the first and only crypto company to join the SMP five hundred. This milestone represents what the true believers, from retail investors to institutional investors, to our employees and partners knew all along.
Speaker 1: Crypto is here.
Speaker 2: To stay, folks, this is monumental. This is a landmark moment to have a crypto exchange that is publicly traded enter the SMP five hundred. You're seeing a bit of the change of the guard because this happened in Web two when Google and Amazon and all these companies became the giants and behemoths that they are, they started entering these massive indexes. So this is incredible, folks. Don't miss how big this is. And it doesn't happen over a Nightcoinbase has been operating since what twenty thirteen, twenty twelve, twenty thirteen around that time, and it took time to grow their business and eventually go public, and to grow their revenue and their earnings and all these things, and to enter the SMP five hundred. And guess what, They're not going to be the only crypto companies to be in these indexes on the stock market. You're going to see the others that are going to do IPOs, like Circle and many more start to enter these indexes as they grow. It's incredible what's happening. So for those of you who don't know what the SMP five hundred is, I'll give you a definition, the Standard and Poorest five hundred, or simply the SMP five hundred, is a stock market index tracking the stock performance of five hundred leading companies listed on stock exchanges in the United States, so essentially the top five hundred companies, and then you have the Nasdaq one hundred the Dow Jones. So you can go research that on your own, but just make sure you understand the significance of crypto entering these indexes. It's incredible, folks. Brian also shared some other thoughts, saying two other thoughts. One, crypto is about to be in everyone's four one K two. My goal is that in five to ten years, getting into coin fifty index will feel as good as this. And folks, guess who they're replacing in that SMP five hundred. Discover financial services, so essentially discover a credit card company, right, and it's just a landmark moment, a old credit card company, not the top one obviously, but still a crypto company replacing it.
Speaker 1: It's like this the changing of the guard.
Speaker 2: As I said earlier, it's amazing to see this play out. And here's what Jesse Pollock of coinbase said today. Coinbase is the first on chain company to join the SMP of high Rendred. Next step, bring the sm P hive hundred on chain, and he spot on they're going to tokenize all of these stocks and commodities and much more. All these indexes will go on chain. So this is the future, folks and Nature Raci, president of the ETF store, shared something interesting and very funny in my opinion, he said, think about how many Vanguard investors will now invest in coinbase, but they still can't buy spot bitcoiner eat ETFs on Vanguard's brokerage platform. Vanguard is fighting a losing battle on this. In my opinion, I still think they capitulate. So remember Vanguard said.
Speaker 1: We're never going to offer this.
Speaker 2: If we looked at it, we don't want it, and then all of a sudden their CEO got fired and they're really taking that stance. And I've been saying if they don't capitulate, if they don't adopt this technology, they will have their blockbuster mown because as the assets go on chain and their competitors start offering these ETFs and much more, they're going to lose out of market share and revenue. I don't know who's running the company there, but they better capitulate soon or their competitors on Wall Street they are going to steal their lunch and they're going to lose clients because people are going to see that. You know, others are investing in bigcoin ETFs, that companies are adding bitcoin to their balance sheets. States in the United States are passing bigcoin reserve bills and much more so. I think Nate is spot on here and moving ahead. We got news around crypto dot Com. They have obtained a restricted dealer registration in Canada. So crypto dot com is another big crypto exchange, not as big as coinbase, of course, but we continue to see expansion and building. Folks, it's amazing to see this play out. All these companies know what's coming and the future is on chain. I've said it many times. The markets, the economy, the governments will be running on blockchain, and look at this. New York City Mayor Eric Adams says his goal is to make New York City the crypto capital of the globe. So he came out today in a press conference talking about investments in New York City and much more. What you're going to start to see is a cleanup of all of these big cities that had problems coming out of COVID because the money printing cycle is coming. That's a whole other podcast, but I've been tweeting about it and that you're seeing millionaires flocking back to big cities again and they're buying up the properties that are being depreciated in value.
Speaker 1: So I hope you understand how that game is played.
Speaker 2: And this is where you have to be careful to not get caught up in political talking points.
Speaker 1: But let me play the clip here for you.
Speaker 3: My goal remains the same as it was on day one as maya, making New York City the crypto capital of the globe. And as you remember, I supported crypto long before any of my mayor o peers. I was the first American mayor to have my INITIALE three paychecks converted into crypto, way back in twenty twenty two. Many people laughed at me, and I don't have to say, is who's laughing now with seeing.
Speaker 2: So wow big statements And you don't have to like Eric Adams. That's not the point, right. The point is game theory is playing out here. We are seeing a race for states and cities and much more to attract crypto businesses because they're going to create jobs and bring wealth and much more. The same way these cities embrace Web one and Web two is the same thing playing out here. So if they don't do it, they're going to lose out. So that's why we're seeing these folks coming out and.
Speaker 1: Talking about these things.
Speaker 2: I just remember some people are still out there saying this is a Ponzi scam, fake magic Internet money and so forth. They don't understand the nature of the blockchain, but they're going to be used and they won't even know about it. But we have the opportunity to participate, invest and make great returns, possibly life changing money as well for some of you. So this is why we're here. We're doing our research, we're educating ourselves. We're paying attention to the charts because we want to ride the bullmarket cycle, take our profits, then come the bear market, buy back in the lows when the blood is on the street, rinse and repeat. So incredibly bullish stuff here now, folks. Quick word from our sponsor, and that is Proppy. Propy is leading the charge with putting real estate on chain.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 2: You can use Propy to buy a house and pay with crypto, so they enable crypto transactions for real estate. They're also tokenizing real estate. They're creating NFTs for properties, they put deeds and titles on chain, and they're a licensed Web three pioneer. They've been around since twenty seventeen. They've facilitated over four billion dollars in transactions and for the purchasing, the buying and selling of the properties with crypto. Use coinbase for the crypto escro service. And folks, I'm an investor in the pro token, which is the native token on the property blockchain, and I bought the token back in twenty eighteen because I saw Propy being ahead of the curve in disrupting the real estate industry with blockchain and crypto. So this is a great project. I'm very bullish on it, and you all know all these assets are going on chain, so Propy's once again leading the charge here. No one else comes close. And Propy's working with a lot of the real estate firms and associations around the United States and even in different parts of the world. So if you'd like to learn more, visit the link in the description now, Folks, Today was the SEC's Crypto Roundtable and the topic was tokenization, so you know, we've been talking a lot about tokenization, so this was a big one and SEC chair Paul Atkins gave the keynote speech. Some of the major takeaways for him was one to create clearer guidelines for crypto issuance and explore new registration exemptions and safe harbors to provide consumers. Expand ended custody options, including self custody and potential updates to the qualified Custodian definition. Number three, explore integrated trading platforms and modernization of ATS regulations to better accommodate crypto assets. Here's a quote from what he had to say today. I am in favor of allowing registrants to trade a broader variety of products on their platforms and in response to market demand, activities which previous commissions had prevented. For example, some broker dealers seek to go to market with a super app that offers trading and securities and non securities and other financial services all under a single roof. Think he's talking about like robinhood there. So it's amazing to see how the SEC is embracing crypto, the transparency, the progress being made, This is just great. And even hester Pur spoke and you know, she weighed in saying tokenization cannot reach its full potential without legal clarity. So of course they're going to be working with Congress to get this done. It's incredible, folks, very very bullish news here. Now, Korage Digital, which is one of the top custodians in the crypto market, they're looking to acquire USDM issuer mountain protocol in stable coin expansion move. It seems like everybody is looking to create a stable coin these days. It's incredible what's happening crypto bank Anchorage Digital said it has agreed to acquire yield bearing stablecoin issue a mountain protocol. The deal aims to integrate mountains technology and team into anchorages operations, pending regulatory approval. So these are healthy signs of the market growing mergers acquisitions, companies looking to go public, and they're not going to do this in a bear market. So this is why I keep telling you guys, we're in a bull market. You're seeing the signs on the charts, the on chain data, the macro of a global liquidity, the DXY collapsing, and the activity from companies in the crypto market.
Speaker 1: So big news here.
Speaker 2: Look at this Trump family backed American Bitcoin to go public via merger with Gryphon Digital. So many of you know the Trump kids, Eric and Don Junior. You know they're involved with bitcoin mining companies and other things like we're liberally financial. So just as I said, companies going public, no one goes public in a bear market, right because no one is going to be investing. It's not easy to get capital. And much more so. Gryphon's sharers soore two hundred percent pre market, while HUT eight gains twelve percent following the announcement of American Bitcoin's public debut via merger new entity to trade as ABTC on NASDAC, with HUT eight retaining majority ownership and securing long term infrastructure contracts. So folks, just look at what's happening. The signals are there, The signs are there that we are still in a bull market. And look, I know some of you're going to say, well, these things are signs also that the top is not far away, right, that we're entering the top zone. And I would say yes, but it doesn't mean it happens in a week or a month. A top zone can be three to six months. So just you know, have your cash out plant. And this is all great. You want this positive news. It drives more liquidity, more attention, more momentum and all that. But your goal here take profits off the table. No one can call the exact top. So that's why you have to dollar cost average out. And I will be on here telling you guys when I'm taking profits. Right, I'm like, hey, I just sold some and YadA YadA. Right, I'll tell you guys. So this is why you got to make sure you subscribe.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Moving ahead, the French company, the Blockchain Group, to raise twelve point one million euros to buy more bitcoin. So we're seeing the bitcoin treasury strategy for companies and corporations is happening globally, folks. The biggest one outside of the United States is of course Meta Planet in Japan, but you're seeing companies from everywhere doing this. This is something that Michael Saylor and Strategy. You know, they started it, and Michael has been out educating people and advocating for it, and I think folks are recognizing that this could help them them and help preserve their purchasing power for the cash on their balance sheet because we're all facing inflation, and inflation is not gonna go away. It's it's part of the debt system. Even today we got news that the Republican tax bill raises the US debt limit by four trillion dollars. How are they going to pay for all this? Right, they're gonna have to fire up the money printer. Even if you look at what Doge has done. And I'm not against Doge, I actually believe in Doge in the mission. I believe it's it's something we do need to work on, and it's not going to happen overnight. But the nature of this beast, it is a debt based system. When they took it off of gold, it became a debt based system and it opened up a lot of opportunities. Don't get me wrong, but you know, they abuse it and they has a lot of wasteful spending. But the problem is the amount of spending and the debt they've accrued and the debt they need to power the run the government vastly outweighs what Dog has been able to say, Dose just save like one hundred and fifty billion, but we're talking trillions here. So again, I'm not against dose. I just think in the long term we're gonna have to chip away at this and figure out some things, put it on the blockchain, you know, as Elon had said. And you don't have to like Elon or anything like that. It's just a matter of getting these things done. The principle of it right that we want to spend less and maintain our spending so we're not in this vicious cycle of huge debt and continuing of money printing and debasement of currency, folks. So this is where we're at now.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 2: South Korean's bet big on XRP, doge coin as easing trade war fuels risk taking. Korean crypto markets are experiencing a rally influenced by one billion dollars short squeeze and improving geopolitical sentiment.
Speaker 1: Now, obviously overall.
Speaker 2: The markets everywhere are you know, doing well because we're seeing some sort of path to resolution with the tariff situation, the uncertainty being removed, and cryptos.
Speaker 1: Popular in South Korea.
Speaker 2: And it's interesting because we're seeing a lot of volume there around XRP and dosh coin, it even surpassing bitcoin and ether. So I often like to remind people crypto is a global asset class and because many of these coins are hardcap and you have liquidity coming in from every part of the world right unlike the stock market, which only certain people can access. That that's why they want to tokenize it now because it will open it up. Even gold is not accessible to everybody, you know, in every market, but crypto is because it grew outside of the legacy trad file system with crypto exchanges, and that's why we had all the fight against crypto, because crypto's disrupting the status quo. So it's really great to see the bull market coming alive globally and liquidity coming in. And I'll remind you once again, folks, for the million time, have that cash op plan. Know I'm saying this because I know people are going to get caught up in the emotion. It is going to feel a euphoric. It's just is going up. Look at the volume, look at the price surge. It doesn't last forever, So know what you're doing. Walk away from the bullmarket with some money in your pocket. Folks, that's the news. Let me know what you think. Leave your thoughts and comments below. A great way You can support me in the podcast, folks, is by subscribing to my free email newsletter. It's one hundred percent free. Link will being a description. Also check out my book on Amazon is available in paperback in digital, and my new course at Mycrypto course dot com. This is a comprehensive course that teaches you every aspect of crypto, what makes it unique and special and different from any other course out there. It features expert commentary. You will hear from founders, CEOs and institutional investors. They will be breaking down the different aspects of crypto for you. This thing is packed with a lot of value videos, text writers, downloadable materials and much more. Pay a one time fee get lifetime access. Go at your own pace and you can share to log in with your friends and family if you want to help them to learn about it as well. And there's a lot of resources in here. I have my crypto cash out template that's in there as well. There's tons of stuff, so check it out. Go to Mycrypto Course dot com. Folks, thank you for watching and listening. I appreciate you all and I'll talk to you all later.