Speaker 1: And Hi, how are you welcome to the Big Podcast. Today's Thursday. Today's the ninth day of October, year of Our Lord, twenty twenty five. My name is Tom Sullivan. So man alive. We've got ourselves a peace agreement, not a cease fire, a peace agreement between Hamas and Israel, and there's a lot to talk about there. We've got some governor's races that we are getting close to election day. We're less than about three weeks away. The fire that the guy that they caught the arsonist in Los Angeles. Told you about that yesterday, but today there are some fire victims I want to share with you that are looking at it and going I'm glad they got the guy. But the city of la is still failing, the people that had their homes burned down, and we've got the government shut down. We're in day I don't know what, it doesn't matter. They're still stuck. They're no, they're not. There's no solution there of any kind. So let's start with the peace agreement because there is a timeline to this, and I do want to go through that with you, but it is today is the phase one deal. The Israeli Parliament, they met and agreed for the deal, and then the President hild a cabinet meeting and everybody, everybody's on on the page of saying let's go ahead with this deal. So they had a cease fire agreement that had to be signed. This is the ceasefirepart had to be signed at noon today in Israel, and it was expected to take effect immediately, but not exactly. There were still some explosions early this morning, and they must within twenty four hours. IDF Israeli Defense Forces must withdraw to a yellow line that has been drawn on a map that President Trump came up with and said, all right, that'll still give the Israeli Defense Forces control over fifty three percent of Gaza, and everybody's agreed to that. The withdrawal by the IDF must be done by tomorrow, and then the hostages are set to be released between Saturday and Monday, and it's looking I don't know if it's going to bed. I've heard Saturday, I've heard Sunday, but now it seems like Monday is the big day to have the hostages released. So Nick Robertson is in the Middle East and has been for quite some time kind of lays out the timeline of how all of this ceasefire and peace agreement is going to be implemented.
Speaker 2: Then the twenty four hour clock starts ticking. I think that's the correct interpretation there. IDF troops pulled back to that line. It's a line that President Trump recommended, suggested it was agreed that gives Israel effects in control of fifty three percent of the cars a strip. I think that's the going figure at the moment. And then when they when that twenty four hour period has expired, and the idea is pulled back to that point, then the seventy two hour clock begins, and it's within that seventy two hour clock that the hostages will be released. As a couple of other things so that we can expect to happen later today, as well as signing ceremony, and which appears to be what Hamas is saying is required for them to move forward and release the hostages, that there is a formal recognition that this is more than just a ceasefire, that this is an end to the war. That's what Hamas is talking about at the moment as well. So these sequence of events are in play and beginning right now with a pre meeting in Israel Prime Minister Netno with some of his security officials ahead of that main cabinet. That's Judah first security meeting due to begin right now. So everything is rolling out, no hitches, but a lot of unanswered questions.
Speaker 1: There are a lot of unanswered questions, but one of the like I said, the deal has been announced and the various government agencies have all blussed this thing. The President said he's planning to travel to Egypt for an official signing of the cease fire deal. This he said during the cabinet meeting earlier today at the White House. And then the hostages, according to White House, are expected to be released now. They're saying on Monday. Mike Pompeo was involved in this when he was Secretary of State.
Speaker 3: We should start with the pure joy on the faces of those families that are going to get their loved ones home. It's truly quite remarkable. I think it's important to note too, none of this happens without American leadership. President Trump has done a remarkable job of bringing a huge coalition of parties together to put pressure on these terrorists who killed hundreds of israelis now just two years in a day ago, so full credit for that and prayerful that this will unfold the way everybody is hoping and anticipating. But to your point, it's the phase one that implies that there's a phase two. There's much more to bring broad piece to the Middle East. There's risk that this could there's something could happen in the next seventy two hours. But it looks like both both sides are committed to this. But we've all covered this, We've I've been part of this. We've seen that things can intervene. I'm sure in Tehran they're plotting, they're planning, to think about how they might upset this transaction. Lots of things that could interfere. But it's also very clear that the Cutteries, the Turks, the Egyptians, mister Wickcoff, mister Cushner, all of them have come together deliver what looks like a fantastic outcome for Israel and for the families of these hostages.
Speaker 1: Of course, Mike Bompeo will give credit to President Trump, but he's not the only one. Even the Democrats, even the left side media are grudgingly saying this is because of Donald Trump actually giving him credit.
Speaker 4: We've heard it again and again from a number of people today, really giving credit to President Trump forgetting this deal over the finish line.
Speaker 5: This is an enormous moment for the world, but also for this administration, a big win for the president.
Speaker 6: Think that this was not doable when President Biden was in office.
Speaker 7: The biggest problem that the President Biden had is there was no pressure from Qatar, from Turkey, from Egypt.
Speaker 8: By saying that, it's sort of an acknowledgement Trump has changed, not dynamic.
Speaker 1: So yeah, they're they're giving him credit, like I said, begrudgingly, and there wasn't any pressure by Turkey and Qatar and not well, why didn President Biden get them to support this? Joe Biden, I've said it a thousand times, and it goes to the still the war that's going in Ukraine and Russia, and Joe Biden never did anything but sit back and send hundreds of hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars for equipment that was old equipment or would not be the equipment that the Ukrainians were asking for. He did nothing. And as much as Donald Trump can drive you crazy, he drives me crazy, but he does. That bull in a China closet personality that he has is what led to this success. Now you will also hear these people are all saying they're holding their breath, worried that something might fall apart between now and Monday.
Speaker 3: Back to Mike Pumpale, these moments don't just happen. President Trump credited luck. There's always a little bit of luck and the good Lord. But this was hard work over years, and President Trump's personal efforts to bring all of these parties together, and then of course enormous pressure put on Hamas has Bela the Iranian regime by the Israelis in June, and then the President's bold decision to take the strike and go after the nuclear facilities and Iran. Each of those things built to a place where you could bring that coalition together. The question of why President Biden couldn't pull this off is really quite straightforward. He didn't have the capacity to understand the dynamic in the Middle East. He didn't have the willing to put his own administration in the effort to deliver that coalition.
Speaker 9: He wasn't prepared to.
Speaker 3: Do the hard work to allow the Israelis to go pound Hamas for weeks and weeks and weeks to deliver what is this ultimate outcome where this is a capitulation by Hamas. I hope they're serious about disarming. That remains to be seen their resistance. If you don't resist in your resistance, you go away. So lot to still unpack to see what this transaction ends up looking like in the weeks and months ahead. But you don't get to where we are today. You don't get to be on the precipice of having all of these hostages returned home. With all of the work that happened in the first administration to deliver the United Arab Emirates and other nations into the Abraham Accords, and then what happened this past summer to demonstrate to the world that President Trump was serious about bringing peace to the Middle East. That leads to this joyous moment.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is no surprise. John Futterman, the Senator Democrat senator from Pennsylvania, he's been driving the Democrats crazy because he doesn't always march lockstep with their leadership. And this is another example where he's been a big supporter of Israel through all of this. And this is his reaction to hearing the news.
Speaker 10: Well, I know I've taken a lot of criticism because I've been very committed to Israel from the door this. I don't really understand that. I think our party should have been firmly behind Israel through this, but I'm going to follow Israel through it. And President Trump has a very strong commitment to Israel, and that's why I celebrate and support most of the things that I've done, including the Iranian nuclear sites. I believe I might have been the only Democrat that supported them through it. So now today I think it's entirely appropriate to celebrate this. I thank God, this terrible work is going to end and these poor souls kept underground for over two years can come back home. So I think I don't understand why anyone's reaction would be other than that at I know, I mean, I think it's incredibly a comprehensive kind of a plan. And you also see now you have Hamas fully saying they're committed to this, and of course Israel is now too.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 10: What's also very important too, all of the Arab nations around, whether it's Egypt and Turkey and Qatar as well. I've really pushed Hamas, saying this is going to be the best deal you're ever going to get, and this awful war needs to end. So I'm actually optimistic that this we have a chance for enduring peace. Another part of it is what Israel has accomplished through this entire war. They have destroyed Hamas, they have destroyed Hesbu Lah, and also they stopped Iran for acquiring a nuclear weapon, and I fully supported that. Now Syria now is free. Now I think what's accomplished here, So that's why we could have true peace in the region. Now.
Speaker 1: There's another question that comes out of all of this, and that is the question about the Nobel Peace Prize. It just so happens the Nobel Committee has been dishing out their annual awards all this week and Friday tomorrow they are scheduled to award the Nobel Peace Prize. And so the question is will Donald Trump be the recipient. He's been pressing forward. He even set it out loud when he was at the UN a couple of weeks ago. So we'll see what happens tomorrow. John Fetterman was asked about should he get the Nobel Peace Prize.
Speaker 10: Well, I mean if this sticks, I think the whole point of having a Nobel Piece prize is for ending wars and per rning peace. And now I'm going to make a direct appeal to the President. I hope he chooses to provide the Tomahawks to the Ukrainians too, and give them the tools that they need to push back against the Russia. And if he brings the Ukrainian war to its end, I'll be the Democrat leading the committee for his a Nobel Price piece for ending both these terrible wards.
Speaker 1: But did Israel pay a major price in their efforts to try to keep these enemies from attacking them? Harry Enton checked on the American attitude toward Israel and the Palestinian people.
Speaker 12: Here's Harry, this war caused a historic shift in public opinion on how Americans view the Middle East conflict. What are we talking about here? Who voter sympathized more with the Israelis or the Palestinians. Back in October of twenty twenty three, it was the Israelis by forty eight points.
Speaker 9: Look at this shift.
Speaker 12: Now we're talking about the Palestinians by a point. I looked back at every single poll that I could possibly find since this question was first asked in the nineteen hundred and eighties, this is the first time ever in which the Palestinians had any sort of lead on this particular question. It is very clear that this war caused a historic shift away from the Israeli position in the Middle East conflict and towards the Palestinians. When it comes to who Americans and voters sympathized with, this of course was led by Democrats, because what are we talking about. We went from Democrats favoring the Israelis by twenty six points to the Palestinians by forty six points. That is a shift quickmathem I had of over seventy percentage points. But overall, the first time ever in which more American sympathized with the Palestinians over the Israelis. Truly historic shifts. Yeah, it's not just Democrats though, in which we have seen a real shift of opinion. Even within the Republican ranks. This war has caused real division. What are we talking about? Well, we often talk about by age within the Democratic Party, but what about by age within the Republican ranks? Who Republicans sympathize with? You see a massive, huge age divide those fifteen over. What we see amongst Republicans is they sympathize more with the Israelis by sixty six points. But look at the voters under the age of fifty. They do sympathize with the Israelis, but just by twenty five points. We're talking about a forty point difference, with the youngest Republicans being far more sympathetic to the Palestinian position than older Republicans are. I think Americans are really going to like it. And why do I say that, Because just look at the polling of permanent Israeli Jimas ceasefire, that is, negotiating one highly important, that is extremely a very important fifty one percent of Americans. And then you see somewhat important thirty one percent. Over eighty percent of Americans said the idea of negotiating a ceasefire permanent one was at least somewhat important. So the bottom line is, I think a lot of Americans are really going to like this.
Speaker 7: See.
Speaker 1: So finally, let's check in with General Jack Keene from the military view of a ceasefire and a piece agreement.
Speaker 13: Well, we're in a better place than we've ever been here we're talking about finally the end of the war in Gaza. And listen, there's a lot of credit to be given here in all the countries involved in participating in this and the feeling that we had to get it done this time or this war was not going to end.
Speaker 1: But when it really.
Speaker 13: Comes down to it, Hamas had the change its mind and who got them to change his mind? And as one person that did that, and that's President Trump. And it's the strength of his leadership and the fact that he has huge credibility in terms of when he says something, he means it. What gave him that credibility. The attack on the huthis the attack on Iran, which was decisive. The fact that he's full out support for Israel but at the same time is wanting to criticize Israel when he thinks they're when he thinks they're wrong. And the fact that his words were loud and clear, end this war, released the hostages, or there will be hell to pay, and we will finish you.
Speaker 1: They looked at that.
Speaker 13: They knew he meant what he is saying, and that is why we're in this phase one hostage release with the potential end of the war more to do here, as you just pointed out very accurately in this outline, and there are things there that could go wrong, but in the back of the Hamas mind, they know what they're dealing with here, and President Trump means what he says, and hopefully these steps go through as predicted here and we truly get an end to the war. And if that happens, then the huge possibility of stability and peace in the region are very very real and something we haven't seen in forty plus years. With the Iranians influence in the region that is going to take a backseat as a result of all of this. The strategic opportunities here are huge.
Speaker 1: So there's no question that this is a huge story and we may actually be on the cusp of peace in the Middle East, but with the history of that part of the world and the fact that they continue to keep coming to agreements and then somebody breaks them and they're back to fighting each other again. So General Keane, do you think that this is going to last?
Speaker 13: No, I'm not convinced it's over, but the thank you for it is clearly there, and we're in a place we haven't been before. So yes, we're on a very very good path, and it really comes down to where is the mass's mindset on this. Do they truly want to survive or and voluntarily surrender in a sense is what's happening here? Or are they just going to fight it out to the end. It appears that they do want to survive and move to a different place than where they've been. If that's the case, then we're going to get a final deal. They have opportunities to change their mind and some of this could be a game that they're playing, and we've seen that in the past, but they know full well what has been said. If you were a nag on the deal and you're not going to disarm and you're not going to give up control, President Trump has told Prime Minister Yao, you have my full support to finish them once and for all. And I believe Hamas knows that is a fact, and that's a true statement.
Speaker 1: So we hope and pray that that peace does last. But yeah, it's got to keep one eye on that part of the world. So how about some US politics. We've got a governor's race going in New Jersey and another one in Virginia, and there's been a lot of controversy in New Jersey. They had a big debate last night on local television, and at this point the Democrat is slightly ahead of the Republican, but it's New Jersey and New Jersey has primarily been a blue state. Here's Carl Rove on his observations about the race in Jersey.
Speaker 14: Well, I think it's likely to be closer. It was very close, as you recall four years ago, and New Jersey between twenty twenty and twenty twenty four was the second biggest shift to the Republicans of any state in the Union. Only New York had a bigger shift. And I think that's still going to be resident there because she's ahead, but it's going to be tighter than the head to head polemation may suggest because of the enthusiasm get game.
Speaker 1: Another big race is the one in Virginia, and that's where you've got the governor's race, and the Democrat is leading there as well. However, the big focus has been on the guy running for He's a Democrat running for attorney general. This is the guy who sent text messages and phone calls for quite some time. He has a history of threats and talking about how he would want to put he would want to shoot his opponent who was a Republican at the time, and when he was a delegate to the state Legislature, he wanted to shoot him in the head. And he also wanted to kill Republicans' children. I mean, this is pretty outrageous stuff. And it wasn't just some one off. He's done this apparently for some time. This guy has got a dark, dark mind. So will this have an impact on the race for the Attorney General in the state of Virginia.
Speaker 14: Honest and think about it. This is a member of the House of Delegates who told a Republican colleague that he put two bullets in the speaker the head, the speaker's head, and even if he was with you know, Adolf Hitler, and then when she gave him a chance to back down, he doubled down. No this look, I've started my politics in Virginia. There is something about the Commonwealth that this offends the decency and the standards that the Virginians expected their public officials. This may be the end of mister Jones' career. I would not be surprised to see him lose. And he's not pulling out, which is a mistake for the Democrats. The next couple of weeks are going to be about their inability to get this guy off of the tear. So let's go out to California where Katie Porter, who ran for US former congresswoman from Orange County, California. She wanted to run for the Senate and she lost big times. She didn't even come close. Now she's running to be the governor of the state of California. Yesterday I told you about the fact that she got into a tiff with a reporter who was interviewing her at the CBS station in Sacramento, and she basically, well, she was clearly indignant and arrogant about the fact that the reporter was asking follow up questions to her answers.
Speaker 1: That's what reporters do. But this woman, Katie Porter, has been so coddled by friendly media and this is CBS. So this made national news last night. Here's the CBS Evening News reporting about Katie Porter.
Speaker 15: Voters in California, the nation's most populous state, we'll elect a new governor next year after Governor Gavin Newsom's second term runs out.
Speaker 12: The Ray say is getting a lot of attention this week after a CBS News interview with the early front runner was posted online.
Speaker 15: Form a Democratic Congresswoman, Lady Porter nearly walked out when corresponded. Julie Watts asked about redistricting and what Porter would say to the forty percent of Californians who voted for President Trump.
Speaker 5: We've also asked the other candidates, do you think you need any of those forty percent of California voters to win?
Speaker 6: And you're saying no, you don't.
Speaker 16: No, I'm saying I'm going to try to win every vote I can. And what I'm saying to you is that well.
Speaker 6: To those voters. Okay, so you I don't want.
Speaker 16: To keep doing this, I'm going to call it. Thank you.
Speaker 6: You're not going to do the interview with them?
Speaker 10: No, not like this.
Speaker 16: I'm not not with seven follow ups to every single question you ask.
Speaker 6: Every other candidate has a don't care.
Speaker 16: I don't care. I want to have a pleasant, positive conversation, which you asked me about every issue on this list, and if every question you're going to make up a follow up question, then we're never going to get there.
Speaker 10: We're just going to.
Speaker 16: Circle around the other had to do this before ever.
Speaker 5: You've never had a conversation. Okay, but every other candidate has done this.
Speaker 16: What part of I'm me. I'm runing for governor because I'm a leader, so I am going to make.
Speaker 6: So you're not going to answer questions from reporters. Okay, why don't we go through.
Speaker 5: I will continue to ask follow up questions because that's my job as a journalist, but I will go through and ask these and if you don't want to answer, you don't want to answer.
Speaker 6: So nearly every legislative I.
Speaker 16: Don't want to have an unhappy experience with you, and I don't want this all on camera.
Speaker 5: Now, it's important to know that this viral moment is an excerpt from a much longer piece where viewers here from all twelve of the candidate's side by side, and some of them, including former state Controller Betty Yee, the other high profile woman, are calling for Porter to leave the race.
Speaker 1: So I said yesterday and I'll say it again, there's something about Katie Porter that's bothered me ever since she first came on the scene when she was elected as a congresswoman from southern California. And she just comes across as I'm better than you. Very arrogant, very condescending. And what she did in Congress was she would be in a hearing and she would ask whoever was testifying before the committee. She would get out a whiteboard, and she had a way of doing gotcha questions that the people would never have the answer, and then she would act all indignant about the fact that she's somewhat smarter than them. It's a very off putting personality that she has, and apparently, according to Carl Rove, people in Washington don't like working with her. Oh, it confirms what we know about her, which is she's a very unpleasant person. Remember she ran for Senate last time around in twenty twenty four in the Democrat You know, they have a jungle primary about there. Everybody runs.
Speaker 14: She spent thirty one million dollars and got fifteen percent of the vote, and Adam Shiff spent thirty five million dollars and got thirty one percent of the vote. It says something about it that she looks she's an unpleasant person. We've toned that from ed the day that she entered the US House Representatives. This merely affirms it. And she's going nowhere. In my opinion, is she was going I think nowhere before because people, the knowledgeable Democrats in California knew what a nasty person she is. Well, it may draw other Democrats into the race.
Speaker 1: It made a.
Speaker 14: Senator Padilla, made the senator. A new senator from the state may decide I want to go home to California and run the government. It may gate Rick Caruso, who nearly got elected mayor of Los Angeles in the last mayorial race, to think about running state wide. What this says is is, look, she is not going to be a player. She's going to have an insignificant role. She got one out of every six votes last time around in the primary. Nothing she has done in the intervening two years is going to raise that number, and as a result, other smart Democrats may say I'm getting in. Meanwhile, with all this fuss about her getting mad at the CBS reporter, another vehicio popped up.
Speaker 1: This is from a couple of years ago where she is doing an interview and she's in front of the camera from her office and apparently a staffer walked in the way. In the background, some staffer was doing something back there, and this is what Katie Porter did. We had to bleep out some of her explotives.
Speaker 8: You're out of my shot.
Speaker 6: That's actually incredible. Okay, you also were in my shot before that. Stay out of my shot.
Speaker 1: She was cursing out her staff because they were in her shot, but they were way of this one woman away in the back doing work. It looked perfectly fine, but she uh just swearing up one side and down the other, cussing this staffer out. I'm sure the staffer really loved working for her, even Whoopee Goldberg. It made the view whoopee Goldberg is mocking her.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm not giving away Matt shot. Shot given away, Matt.
Speaker 8: You know she just have in Menopausta. You know, listen, anything as possible. But she said in a statement that she's striving to do better quotes saying I have sought to be more.
Speaker 1: On a menopausal moment. Now, apparently she has a bad reputation, but people may vote for They don't care whether she's nasty or not. They just want somebody to run the state of California. Anyway. It's a fascinating side of this lady who thinks she's better than you. One of the candidates running against her is Chad Bianco. He's the sheriff of Riverside County and he's in the government's right behind her in the polling. Here's Chad Bianco.
Speaker 11: No, it's not you can't fake being a good person. You can't fake being a leader. She showed us exactly who she is. She's actually the epitome of the Democrat Party right now. And that the entitlement, that narcissism just keeps coming over and over and over. She thought that the media had to bow down to her, and the reality is she made a comment of being a leader. She's not a leader. A real leader will answer every question that you have gladly so.
Speaker 1: Chad Bianco also was part of the Southern California law enforcement that did the investigation to find the guy who set the fire that burned down all those people's homes in the Palisades. Yesterday, we had this clip from Bill Elise, who was the US Attorney for Southern California.
Speaker 4: Brittan Neck was the only person at the location of the origin of this fire. He called nine one one a few times to try to report the fire himself, and we could geolocate him to the exact location of the fire. No one else was there again.
Speaker 1: Riverside County Sheriff Chad Bianca was asked about the investigation into the fire.
Speaker 11: Yeah, it's good. We've known about this for a long time. It takes a long time to build this case.
Speaker 6: So it was known.
Speaker 9: You've known about it for some time.
Speaker 11: What we've known that there was someone that started the fire. This investigation into figuring out who it was and tracking him down. It took a long time. Federal investigation, state investigations. It's a great cooperation between the agencies to make sure we bring this to justice. But yes, law enforcement, we knew that's what it was. We've been the media. Governor Newsom said that it was climate change. So this apparently this kid's nickname might be climate change.
Speaker 10: But we've known that this is what happens.
Speaker 11: Unfortunately in California, we have a fire season and it brings criminals like this out that start these fires to get attention.
Speaker 1: Leeve he's right. I believe Governor Newsom blamed the fire on climate change. Fire victims, people who lost their homes mentioned it yesterday. I can't imagine any worse tragedy because everything is just ash. Everything that you own all of your memorabilia, all of your family heirlooms, everything. So there's a couple that did live in Pacific Palisades. Their home was burned down, their children's school was burned down, and their business was burned down. They had a business in the Palisades area. They were interviewed this morning, and what comes from this interview listens Jamie and Michael Geller. What comes from this is they're devastated by the fire, and the arrest doesn't change their devastation one ounce. But what they're mad at is the failure of the Los Angeles City government.
Speaker 17: If I'm being honest, yesterday we started the news broke and I felt nothing other than more angry. If that's possible to know that whoever started they're trying to put whoever started the fire a week before as a person who started the Palisades fire. It just shows me that our government failed us even more that they couldn't put out a fire after a week, that they let this happen, that they knew the wind was coming, that they didn't fill the reservoirs, that they didn't have enough water, and it's something that was so preventable. If they had had fire engines sitting there waiting to put out a fire where it could possibly reignite, and Michael catching the man doesn't make me any better.
Speaker 1: What she's talking about is the fire actually was started by this guy on New Year's Day or New Year's e that night, and the fire department came and they put the fire out, and then they went about their business. They didn't check to see if it was smoldering. They never went back to look to find out. As apparently in the fire business it's not uncommon for there to be smoldering embers or smoldering plants that they did not see, cannot see. And with the heavy winds that came along long a week later, it took all of those smoldering fires plants and turned them into a raging bonfire that burned down the homes. That's why she's upset that the LA Fire Department did not do a basic fire prevention technique.
Speaker 9: It really just reiterates what we've been saying all along. I mean to try to deflect focus, I mean from the real the real jews of you know, the lack of resources that are city officials, you know, ultimately, let let happen. It's hard to swallow that of fire rekindled seven days later.
Speaker 6: It honestly feels like a bigger slap than the faith.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like to think that this rekindled seven days later and they were not able to I mean, this went unchecked for seven days. Nobody went up there and checked and and and you know, maybe parked an engine there and waited to see what would happen after a few days. I mean, it's just it's it's it's kind of silly, to be honest.
Speaker 1: So the obvious question is how are they doing now nine months after the fire. Are they getting their house rebuilt, are they moving back in, what's their current status.
Speaker 17: Honestly, it's really hard because the first few months we were all on adrenaline and you're like, I got to find somewhere to live, I got to get my kids in school because our school is also burned. And I think now that adrenaline has worn off and the reality of it has really hit that this is not a one year process. This is not going to be a two year process. This is going to be a five to seven year process. So it's been really difficult to feel uncomfortable in my own skin. I don't know about you, but like uncomfortable in our own skin, working where we don't want to work, living where we don't want to live, going to schools we didn't intend for, nothing that we planned for. It's like the rugs whipped out from under you. And now that pain is really starting for me. And I still cry every day. Nine months and four days later, I still cry every day, whether it's for a minute or all day. But that's my experience.
Speaker 9: It's yeah, it's a lot. It's it's it's getting into a new routine. It's getting our children into a new routine. It's it's starting over. It's trying to find some normalcy, trying to cut through all the red taped even you know, nine months later, we still haven't actually officially begun construction. We're close, we're getting very close, but it's been a lot of you know, red tape with with with you know, the building departments and the coastal commissions and the entities that we're supposed to be on our side to help us, you know, expedite this process. It's been nothing. There's been nothing like that, and nothing's been nothing's been expedited. It's it's still a lot of stuff to go through to even get to be able to begin to rebuild our homes and and and get back to you.
Speaker 17: Know, and fight the insurance company every day.
Speaker 9: Even though we're insurance for nine months. It's been a full job to get into insurance.
Speaker 1: Sadly, it doesn't surprise me these people are having to deal with all kinds of red tape, all kinds of agencies, all kinds of government people. And they promised that they would cut through the red tape, and here they are nine months later, and they still haven't begun the rebuilding of their home. And the insurance companies. We all pay an armor a leg to our insurance companies to protect us. And you heard them. They're still fighting the insurance companies. I wish them, I wish them and all the other people that were victims of that fire all the best. So with that, let's check out what happened on Wall Street today. The Dow Jones industrials. The market was down. The Dow was down even more, down two hundred and forty three. The Dow at forty six three point fifty eight, SMP down eighteen, NASDAK down eighteen. Gold was down seventy nine dollars to thirty nine ninety one, and oil down a dollar. There's just a glut of oil in the world markets right now, down a dollar to sixty one dollars for one barrel of oil.
Speaker 2: Thank you for.
Speaker 1: Coming by today. We'll be back again tomorrow, hope see