Speaker 1: Drama, Darling, Drama, Darling, drama, Darling.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back in you guys. It's drama Darling. I'm here to talk below deck med and discuss all this with my fabulous guest, Angela Quintana Angela, Hello, Darlings, Hello Darling. I love your white T shirt.
Speaker 3: We are the Plains, Yes we are?
Speaker 2: And a v neck at that and at that? What's the what's their hit?
Speaker 3: Hey there's Delilah. Hey there, Delia wants in in New York City thousand miles. Wait, now you look so prettty?
Speaker 2: Do I only know every third words? That's how I sing song.
Speaker 3: It's pretty. It's a pretty easy song to figure out. It's a cute song.
Speaker 2: It's a cute song.
Speaker 3: Oh had such a hold on me?
Speaker 2: It sure did? Didn't it all have a whole one? You know how many people out there of that era who love that genre named their children Delilah? Say?
Speaker 3: I know many.
Speaker 2: I hear crickets. But it is a nice name.
Speaker 3: It is. I love that name. I think it's adorable.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there wait, there was a radio talk show host like Late Nights with Delilah or like you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Was that like regional or no, it's.
Speaker 2: Actually a syndicated radio show. And I want to say, everyone's screaming it right now. But she would do like, you know, dedications. It was like in the evening and she'd be like, all right, it's nighty nights with Delilah or good night Delilah. I have no idea, but it was like she was gorgeous, gorgeous voice, just the vibes anyway, I love it. What if that song was about her and we had no idea?
Speaker 3: You know, right now we do know it's about a girl that he met that moved to New York City.
Speaker 2: That's that's true.
Speaker 3: Those are the I mean, it is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Those are the clues.
Speaker 3: But Delilah, you never know.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 3: From the Lonely Heart in Chicago, Richard, if you remember the night we spit in Mackinac.
Speaker 2: Island, Hey, Amanda, this one goes out for you. The time you spit in my mouth in Paris or wherever they were. Angela a girl, Happy birthday, HBD, homegirl. What's what's your over and under for? When this is going to end?
Speaker 3: Between Honestly, I feel like now it's going just for Spie, like they cannot be so funny.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, they're having too much fun like baiting us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it has nothing to do with them liking each other a man, because that in the City reunion was basically just a summerhouse recap.
Speaker 2: Right, there's just another except it was in the clubhouse.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was so sorry but her for her to say that they love each other or like, we don't say it, Ellie, right, Ellie, I don't know. I'm honestly surprised it's still going on. I feel like they're not together, but they're like, we have to keep this going.
Speaker 2: That's I think that That's what I was thinking, like at the beginning, I'm like, they're going to have to ride this out for ye the better part of a year. They have to go a year to prove everybody wrong. And then in the meantime, while all these rumors are you know that pop up on Doomoi or Bravo and cocktails wherever, they love the attention and so that kind of keeps the when I said love, but that's kind of what keeps the excitement alive because they get the attention that maybe feeds that side of them. So there's that, and then I don't know. I mean, I think she would like to stay with him. I think that.
Speaker 3: I feel like she is the type of girl who sadly identifies herself through the men she's with.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be great if she because I agree with you, And wouldn't it be great if.
Speaker 4: She turned the tables, you know what I'm saying, just turn the tables and was like, hey, West, I just found myself and it's not with you, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like that would be great.
Speaker 2: That would be great instead of having him like just dust like lightly like a light dusting, of breaking up with her, not really breaking up with her, but doing what he does to everybody. Instead of that happening, let's have her get ahead of it, you know yeah, and then have some sort of redemption like, oh my god, I just had an awakening. I just did kennymine, and I realize what just happened, And my identity is not in a man, It's not in summerhouse, it's not has anything to do with summer. As a matter of fact, I like winter, you know, I don't know. Just here we are, Like, what wouldn't that be a great twenty twenty seven wonderful?
Speaker 3: I thought we lauding pastic.
Speaker 2: Because she she and Kyle weren't going to end up anyway. You know, at the end of the day, they weren't going to end up together. I mean, you're like that, You're like, well, no, no, he was never gonna move to Connecticut. He wasn't gonna have kids. She didn't want to have kids with him. I love how we're just going on a summerhouse rant we have. It's the end of summer.
Speaker 3: It's just I feel anytime West was interviewed, except for on his own podcasts. On his own podcast, he's like spilling his guts apparently, but on any interview where he barely says anything, I feel like the thought bubble over his head is like Joe Blues saying I've made a huge mistake. I feel like every time it's just like he's just like, what have I done?
Speaker 2: Like what? Yeah? Yeah, what have I gotten myself into? I guess I'll make the best of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had, Like I now I am screwed. I have to stick to this because what else did I do it for? They better? They better last for at least a year, Like you said.
Speaker 2: I hope he is like I have to do make this a year and then at eight months she's like, you know what, Oh my god, let's do this. And then she just like kicks in the gear and we're all like, wouldn't it be great to have the tides turn and then we could all be supportive of women for her and her just and just that would be a real plot twist, a real and then she could gain back and because she doesn't want it, because she doesn't want it, you know, she doesn't want the fandom, she doesn't want the attention. She just wants herself back.
Speaker 3: But I bet she wants jobs. I bet she wants Brandale's.
Speaker 2: Again, and that would be good that.
Speaker 3: I mean, what else is she going to do? Like, yeah, they're Amanda.
Speaker 2: New Jersey on the on the show in the City. I guess she could just go back on In the City as a whole new person.
Speaker 3: Are they doing a second season? That was like the most absolutely?
Speaker 2: Absolutely no, I'm kidding. I have no idea, but I think so who exactly? Anyways, speaking of summer, as we are, as we're bringing it closer to the end, kids go back to school as early as next week. Mine does, And because I had a little flu bug, for a good chunk of this of the summer. I wasn't able to do a lot.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Actually I did a lot, as you all know. It's organizational thing I'm doing at home. It's just been like amazing. But with Maddie, I've been trying to make up with lot for lost time. So it's just been playdate after swim date after played after swim date. And we took her to the beach yesterday, I mean me and her like bestie and her mom. We had the best time, Angela. We went to Carpenteria.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: Have you been there? No? But I have you been?
Speaker 3: Have I been? I haven't been to Carpenteria?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 2: Like? Great family beach? It is like honestly, if we would have jumped back in the car, we would have been to Santa Barbara in a half hour easy. Oh wow, okay, because it takes about an hour twenty certainly an hour and a half on the way back. But man, this beach is great. It's sandy, it's not rocky. The waves are so amazing. The water, I mean, I guess it's this time of year, but I have never experienced ocean water as warm as it was. I love that. I was in the water the entire time. Nice, I was crashing against those waves.
Speaker 3: I was living my life. Where is something about being even just by the ocean that energy. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 2: And if you were to say, Amy, pick one thing, pick pick ocean or city. I'm a city girl. You were like ocean, I was like city. But after that conversation, I'm like city. But like I know, I'm such a city person. I am just not a beach goer. I don't like beach decor. I am not you know what I'm saying that.
Speaker 4: I am not.
Speaker 2: Do not put seashells in my bathroom. I can't do it.
Speaker 3: It's so funny. I love, love, love, especially like Midwestern holls.
Speaker 2: Yes they're all beachy right sea peace.
Speaker 3: Yes, dream dream, it's a dream.
Speaker 2: And look, yes, you know what You're right because they don't have it there, so they want to have And I like that people want to do that. That's believe me. It's not for me, but I get it.
Speaker 3: Sure. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but I gotta tell you, I'm about to throw some bloom white up in this house. You know what I'm saying. After that day, I'm about to throw some waves I'm about to put a ocean wave border or of wallpaper around my office.
Speaker 3: I mean on my towels perfectly, like I.
Speaker 2: Do roll I do roll a towel, I do rolltel.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: But I gotta tell you, it was just it was the perfect day and we had so much fun and yeah, just good, good report all around.
Speaker 3: So did the kiddies like to play in the sand build sand castles and stuff?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh yeah, built some sand castles. And Maddie has not been in waves that big before, so how did she do? She was really scared at first and believing when you say big, big for her.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, yeah, of course when you're young.
Speaker 2: But she was like super scared at first, and so obviously I'm like holding on to her and you know, at her pace. But as the day went on, she got braver and braver. Yeah, sure, she's she's She swallowed you know, yeah, good a gallon of saltwater at times throughout the course of the day.
Speaker 3: That's normal.
Speaker 2: That's what happens, you know, don't we all That's what you do.
Speaker 3: That's part of the experience.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, so it was super fun. And now that we've gone through my entire life. We can finally we can welcome ourselves into below deck.
Speaker 3: Mad Hi.
Speaker 2: You know I get so seasick. I got to tell you I would be on that party boat because I'm not going out, I'm not leaving the shore. I get seasick, so I will join you on that party boat.
Speaker 3: Here's what I was going to ask you. Like I as much as it like, oh god, I would love to just be able to like sail on a yacht and sail the seas and just enjoy, like, yeah, being on your own private, little kind of boutique hotel. Yes, I do get so seasick. Why don't you do too? I do.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I could enjoy it as much as I'm Angela, you're sad for us. I know I agree with you. And you know what, And it was great to find out that this yacht was twenty five million dollars one.
Speaker 3: Ty five million, and those the guys, where's oky was?
Speaker 2: I know, I was even like, babe, this is probably at least twelve to fifteen and I was way off, but I'm thinking twenty twenty six wow, wow, wow, whatever it was whatever. So even with that amount of money being put, it can't stop the queasies unfortunately, right, Yeah, and that's star worked for me, and that would be miserable to me on dramamine the whole time. And I'm Sealia, the non drowsy isn't going to cut it because you're not going to get all that anaistamine in you in order to like fight it. Those sea bands, I was.
Speaker 3: Just going to ask about those. Do those? I've never tried it.
Speaker 2: They wouldn't do much for someone with extreme sea sickness, which is where probably you and I would fall, but I think they can work good for just the average However, Oh I should, Oh my God, so shout out to any powers. One of my special darlings. She sent me because this was on a show or whatever. I don't or I don't know. I maybe a read about it. But it's supposed to help with sea sickness, car sickness, any motion sickness. And it's like a digital watch, almost like an Apple watch, and it's supposed to like monitor you and it's actually supposed to somehow regulate you. I have it in my freshly organized closet. I haven't had a need to use it, but that is something that I would be willing to try.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm so curious.
Speaker 2: Maybe we should try how it would work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll be like, Okay, we're gonna try this, Amy can try this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you have us on. We're just gonna go around like the harbor and if we're not feeling good, we'll come right back. We'll take a tender. We'll take a tender. But yeah, the party boat is so funny because usually we don't ever see that. I know, I know, m So, where is Nathan? Where is Nathan? Poor Gail? She is alone, she is sequestered by herself with a.
Speaker 3: Newborn foreign country.
Speaker 2: No, this is unacceptable.
Speaker 3: Did you say it was nine weeks eight weeks, nine weeks their baby?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I think he said. He was like, I don't want to go. I'm sick. My son's only nine weeks or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't remember, to be honest with you, I was just like.
Speaker 3: I just remember being like, oh my god, Like I know, is she.
Speaker 2: Needs support at that time? And it's really concerning me.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think they're together anymore. I think they're clearly not together anymore. What I've been looking at it for since, like below decks started because they used to post together I would stalk their socials and they would have their posts of their son and everything, and they would tag, you know, do the joint post or whatever. They don't know each other anymore, they don't Are you serious? Oh wow? I didn't know that. I don't know. No one, neither of them have said anything. But I think it's pretty obvious if he it will come out and you're not posting, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Wow? And when at the end of the season, this is definitely going to come out for sure.
Speaker 3: I'm yeah, there's no way. I'm sure this season was not helpful at all because when he said she left her whole support system, I was just like why. I guess I understand why he doesn't want to be away, probably now, and he feels like he can do what he can.
Speaker 2: But they're like, that was the worst decision they could have made, or decision. Oh I feel heartbroken. That's really bad. Yeah, that's good. No, that's dangerous. You can't do that to new mothers. And it's I know, that's too tough. Oh no, Well, Nathan, he's got a lot on his plate, so it's hard to tell whether he's a good boson or not. And I have to say that even before this season, I never really thought he was a great Boson. I've thought that he's had moments where he's good, but at the end of the day, I'm going to like, I don't actually think he is a good boson. What do you think?
Speaker 3: I agree? And I think it started for me because I was not like, oh, he's not a good boson last season or whenever he had to do with that, but this season when he was like allowing his personal issues to overshadow his professionalism on the boat with Joe but not acknowledge that, like, he couldn't be like, listen, personally, I don't like this guy. I would prefer not to be friends with him and not taking out with him. But professionally, I am the leader. I will do what I need to do. Professionally we can be a professional team, but personally nothing is going to come of it. But instead he was like, oh, it's not personal, I just don't trust him, blah blah blah. And it was like yeah, and he kept personal.
Speaker 2: Telling him that he would just he wouldn't come to a place of equality with Joe, he just would share him. He would just remind him like your piece of shit and I'm just gonna work with you, but your piece of shit kind of thing. And I agree, I did not think that that was helpful. I thought that that took down, obviously the morale of the boat, and Joe is pretty resilient. Obviously he really is, like yeah, and that was so sad what happened with his mother on the yacht. And even after that, you'd think that Nathan would kind of come back to being a little softer around him, and he was still like your piece of shit. He just really would not relent, and I understand he had issues with him, but it seems pretty extreme, very.
Speaker 3: Extreme, especially when I when he heard Joe say, like Gail's name, and he wasn't saying anything bad about her.
Speaker 2: He was like great, like he didn't even know.
Speaker 3: Complimentary about Gail, but all he heard was the word Gail, the name Gail, and that said he's spiraling. Nathan is spiraling like we are.
Speaker 2: Or maybe he's always in a state of spiral, because I feel like he's always been like that. He's just so extreme, and You're right, when he was talking about Gail, he was kind of making a joke, well, she doesn't really like me. He has nothing to do with her and him not liking her because he clearly made such an effort when they brought the baby on board and stuff like that, but Nathan didn't even give him a chance to explain what he even said.
Speaker 3: It was like, dude, you I know, I know he's not he's and that, I feel like is a major sign of like not being a good boson, Like you can not listening right and put your personal beef aside, like this has nothing to do with the job. And also he said nothing about Gail.
Speaker 2: That was bad. Yeah, I mean, Joe, he isn't really doing anything wrong with Nathan. He just certainly he's gonna hustle. He's gonna hustle, and now he's got the opportunity to become a leader. And that's what I like about it. Not gonna lie kind of team Joe right now. Because Angela, let me ask you this at this point, I don't think that Nathan is a good boastin I really don't, do you.
Speaker 3: I know, and I think, okay a lot of it when you say Joe, because I don't think I was really thinking about it when we first saw because he was a bos in last season right, yes, or what? Yes? Okay, I don't really remember being like thinking he was a good or bad Boson last season.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe he's maybe he wasn't. Maybe he was lead backhand. Yeah, no, you know he was he was a Boston because I remember thinking he wasn't a good boasting Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I wasn't really thinking about that last season. But this season, as soon as he started, as soon as he found out, Joe instead of being able to push the personal aside and be like, Okay, you know, maybe I don't like this guy personally, but professionally, I am the lead, the leader of this team, right, I have to be professional. I have to put all that personal empty the boat of the personal stuff because the boat good metaphor I'm do the vote of that personal stuff and now focus on professional because Joe is a very professional deckhand.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he can compartmentalize, which is why he can juggle women.
Speaker 3: Right, And that's a really you know, the reason that I think Joe's grows is because of the way he treats women. But when it comes to the job, he does a very good job. And for Nathan not to be able to see that and to still let his personal issues whatever. I was just like, oh no, that's not a leader.
Speaker 2: It's not it's not a leader. And he was very clear that when Joe made attempts to get on the right foot, he was kind of like, I'm I don't want to have anything to do with you, will work together, but like he was still shaming him. And then after he mentioned his name mentioned Gail in that conversation that night out, even though what he said wasn't bad, he didn't even let Nathan, didn't even let Joe explain what he was saying about Gail, which is that just that Gail doesn't like him. Like, he didn't even give him the opportunity to explain anything. He just shut him down. Was like, I don't you know, you're a piece of shit. You're still a piece of shit. But we're gonna work together. But you're a piece of shit. Okay, great, that doesn't help anything.
Speaker 3: You know, he's committed to his hatred and his animosity to Joe instead of trying to fix whatever the rift is or trying to move on. Yes, he just committed to being angry. Yeah, and nothing out.
Speaker 2: Right, darlings, I have a nine year old daughter, baby daughter, you know, and I swear one of my full time jobs is teaching her about money. Suddenly she's asking can I buy this? Oh, can you put this in the cart, and how much does that cost? Well, I'm realizing these little conversations are actually a really big deal, and I want her to understand the value of saving, making smart choices, and that money doesn't magically appear every time mom pulls out a card. That's why I thought this was such an interesting idea from cash app. Cash app now offers managed accounts for kids ages six to twelve that grow with them all the way to adulthood, all with no subscription fees. Because building money habits shouldn't cost extra. The account runs through you, so you're not just watching from the sidelines. You're actually in it with them. That's what makes it a real teaching tool. Every time money comes in or goes out, it's a chance to talk about it together. You set spending limits, and you can lock or unlock their cash app visa card anytime from your own app, automate their allowance and track the flow of money in and out. Together. Kids can start building real saving habits early by earning interest on savings. So when you're explaining the difference between spending now versus saving for later. They can actually see their money grow, whether it's birthday money from Grandma, allowance for finally cleaning up their room, or feeding the cash, or saving up for something they really really want. You see it all and help guide the decisions along the way. Their savings, habits, and history carry forward every step of the way. From a parent managed to count at six, to a teen account at thirteen, Oh my gosh, teen to a full account at eighteen. I'm not ready for that yet. It's structured independence. I know we need to do this. You guys, you know they get real life practice with money and you're right there with them through every stage. As a parent. I love anything that helps turn those everyday money conversations into real life lessons the easy way, and this is so easy. For limited time new cash app customers who are parents can use my exclusive referral code family ten to earn ten dollars. Download cash app, enter the referral code in your profile, send five dollars to a friend within fourteen days, and you'll receive ten dollars. Terms apply. Cash app is a financial services platform, not a bank, banking service is provided by cash Apps Bank Partner Prepaid Debit cards issued by Sutton Bank Member FDIC, Cash App Visa Debit Flex Cards issued by Sutton Bank Member FDIC and the Bank Corp Bank NA pursue it to a license from Visa USA Inc. CEE. Terms and conditions for the Sutton Prepaid Card, Sutton Debit Flex Card and Bank Corp Card and Bank coord Debit Flex Card. Savings and offers provided by cash App, a Block Inc.
Speaker 3: Brand.
Speaker 2: Parents and legal guardians can open a managed account for kids six to twelve. Visit cash Dot app Slash Legal Slash Podcast for full disclosures. And then the other thing that makes me think he's not a great boson what happened in this episode when they're going over the preference sheets for these guests to come on. Oh, they want a Safari dinner. And then of course every preference sheet meeting Sandy likes to put in there, and you want all the water toys out? Yeah, they want all the water toys out. They're like, they don't, I don't see that. Yeah, it's on there all right, meeting it so.
Speaker 3: Like she's ready for it, but also I feel like you wouldn't on any yacht. Yeah, you would be like, okay, wake up, wipe down, put the toys out, like immediately.
Speaker 2: Immediately, right, thank you. That's my point because like remember when everything was like kind of falling apart and she's like, this is day five. You know, they're like, what's happening. Where's the shower, where's the towels? You know, everything needs to be cookie cutter set up. Nathan doesn't have that. He's like, oh yeah, sometimes we normally have the shower out, but it's not out yet. It's like, no, you either have a rhythm, you have the repetitive schedule on how to do these things and your deck team knows how to do them, or you're actually not you have it set up to where it actually happens, and then your deck team's not doing it.
Speaker 3: When your third duckhand is saying, maybe we should figure out a way to like fold the empty latables before we put them away instead of just shoving them all in here in the laws or whatever, and like, well, we don't really have time to do that.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Yeah you do, Like you're the both like what yeah, what are you gonna do? Go tell Joe how much you hate him again? Go, there's no efficiency. And I quite frankly when Cooper was like, this is so frustrating. We should be blowing these things up out over there before we set them and forget them. And I'm like, yeah, you know what, yeah, because it does look chaotic, and Joe was agreeing with him, and I like that. Joe was like, let's see what Joe Bradley's deck looks like. You know, yeah, well, I mean Bradley's dick looks like that sounded well. Several we've seen. We've probably a lot of people see you probably I have seen it and.
Speaker 3: We didn't even know it we did, but yeah, like I I am kind of excited to see it because I mean we've already seen a little bit of it when they were rolling up whatever, and it was like, yeah, that's all.
Speaker 2: That's all easy peasy, and.
Speaker 3: It's going to make it so much easier when you go to put them out the next day. Yeah, what is the problem?
Speaker 2: What is the problem. Meanwhile, Norma doesn't have any deckhands is not coming through, and Captain Sandy is rage texting Norma. She's just like Norma, angry face, angry emoji, angry emoji. I need to see these I'm like Sandy with your rage texting, my gosh.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 3: Nathan is spiraling, Captain Sandy is spiraling. They're spiraling. They're losing their dropping deckhands like flies. Theseus are like chillill and whatever, like yeah, ready, so chill that They could have gone another way, like what is happening? Why? Oh yeah, oh you're so right because their first it's their first yacht.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, their first charter.
Speaker 3: Very appreciative, very excited. Or it could be like they can't say no, does they have to do everything we say.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right. Instead they're like, we want bud lights and we don't. You know, no one cares if you stick your finger up there. But if that's not your partner, you know what, it's a simple mistake, a simple mistake.
Speaker 3: Fully in the butt.
Speaker 2: Fully And she was like, whoa, well she did she maybe has shifted a little bit. She's like, it happens that.
Speaker 3: That was hilarious. Yeah, danced done that before. Dan did that to our friend Meghan. It was at night, we were watching fireworks. We have been drinking, we've been smoking any But he didn't stick his finger butt. But it was like he went behind her and was like did a little love tap grab on the butt, realized it was Meghan and was like mortified, Oh my.
Speaker 2: God, that is so hilarious. I've done that with Brett, like a lot of look I love my I love my man. You know, but there's a lot of guys that look like him. You know, he's very tall, he wears you know, like these hats, he wears T shirt and he's got a beard. Okay, well it's a very trendy thing. A lot of guys look like So one time I've gone up to some guy hat, T shirt, beard, Margarita or T shirt or Margaritaville or like any kind of kiss T shirt or like you just like rock wrestling or rock and roll, like old teas, and I like, I've gone up to I went up to this one guy this one time is like rubbing his back. I'm like and he turns. I'm like, oh my god, I god, No, it's a jump scare.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 2: It's fully a jump scare.
Speaker 3: So intimate, but like not not like rubbing a back is not huge, it's it's not you know what I mean, But it is so intimate like that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So now we've got Kaylee as the chiefs do and Jen is spiraling because of this. No. I like the idea that she's like trying to keep her or up purple.
Speaker 4: But like.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like they were doing that or I love when they get cute with the grass, but when you're doing the dishes at night like that, I'm sorry if you can't go in there and say, yeah, all this is for me to do. How many times does that happen to to like crew all the time, you're not ready and prepared to be like a chief stew or the second if you can't take that.
Speaker 3: On, yeah as a chief stew last season, yeah scoop literal poop out of the shower dream if you oh my god, the person that did the WAFFLESMP. Like, not even a chief stew anybody that's part of the team is going to say, what can I what needs to be done? We are down a team member? What can I do to help? I don't care about my position, I don't care what my title is. How can how can I help make this run smooth? And what's her face? Even said that she was like, we don't need her bad attitude, we need if she doesn't like rally with us, right and become part of this team. We are going, yes, right, what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you don't have that in you already, like a good attitude, you're you cannot be a chief stude. You're barely gonna make it a second So she better turn it around. Okay, but you go aside the loop thing when they were out, because we hadn't talked about that.
Speaker 3: But did you love I will say I loved it. I loved her calling him out. I loved her. I she was wise beyond her years at that point. She can to a thirty five year old man. Handled it was like, handled it perfectly. I'm going to tell Joy, I'm going to do this. You were disrespectful, like and he just could not take the truth telling to his face.
Speaker 2: No, oh he was. He was awful. That was disgusting.
Speaker 3: It was so when he's like, I'm done with this and I don't want this, it was like, what made you think that she wanted you? What made you think that this was her like wanting to try to wing you back?
Speaker 2: Like what a gas lighter? Also, how do him enjoy Like how do they even know? I'm like you guys, I don't know each other. Where are you getting together off camera that we don't see? Because this connection that you keep lamenting about missing each other and you're pining for each other, but no one has seen it. You're in the back of her galley doing weird stuff.
Speaker 3: Ranging her spices.
Speaker 2: No one needs.
Speaker 3: I'm already very organized, and he arranged my spice. I am already organized. She's so good, she's so tough, and she's great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Understand how we went from that dinner where she was like, so you sleep with her and you toss her to the side, and then you come to me her doing that in his face I thought was so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I wish it ended there with him.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what I'm saying. I don't understand. How did you go from that to like, I miss my best friend on the boat. I know, boy, you with my comfort.
Speaker 2: Somebody else needs to give joy attention because I think she's just bored in that galley. No one's going in there, because she does seem kind of isolated, more so than most of the other chefs. A lot of chefs kind of they have more of a relationship with everybody, and I that is lacking or is it?
Speaker 3: Are we just not seeing it? Because I will calm and like she'll be like, do you want to try this? And when she almost killed Cooper, Oh that's right, Oh my god, she felt so bad. She didn't need to do that.
Speaker 2: No she didn't, Oh my god. So now I can't believe Nathan threw his freaking back out, and I cannot believe he's got to leave. I mean I kind of can though, like he is just carrying so like actually, that's the way this season is going.
Speaker 3: And I but also I feel like he's holding on to so much stress and he is not taking care of like the mental load that he is carrying right now that of course it was going to manifest through like a physical something.
Speaker 2: And you could hear the pop. Did you hear the I did not hear the pop.
Speaker 3: And you could hear the pop when he like lifted, it was like a audible pop, and it was like, oh my god, yeah, and that's not good. You're back.
Speaker 2: Well, he had injury before that he had to tend to and once you have a back injury, it's a matter. It's a ticking time bump. So you have to be preventative about it, and I mean that's a dangerous occupation to have lifting insurans.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's twenty seven.
Speaker 2: What's he going to do. Now, what's he going to do? Angela?
Speaker 3: Well, clearly he's going to be recoupering it at home, recuperating at home. Now Gail has an week old child, nine week old child. Yeah, and now she's going to have a twenty seven year old child. No, who's not able to help her? No, because his back is out.
Speaker 2: I know. I was immediately thinking like, oh my god, it'll be nice to have him around. I'm sure she won't be alone. But now they have to transport themselves back to another country or I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think he's coming back. Oh, I feel because did you see the mid season trailer?
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually, you're right, I did see him because Iel like, he comes back again, so as Luke in a costume.
Speaker 3: In a stupid little Santa costume or whatever. I wonder if they bring him back because she's so Norma's like, listen.
Speaker 2: Norma's like, send me your CV. I've already been on this boat.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I'll change your names.
Speaker 3: Like I got somebody. He was just like, oh from a boat.
Speaker 2: Duke and Kathan is.
Speaker 3: A white beard. We see Max. I love Max. I'm excited for Max, but I love that Joy was like French people are annoying. I can't wait to see how this dynamic plays out. But also I don't know if you've seen the interviews with Joe and how everybody was asking him, because everybody's been like you guys were like best friends. Yeah, and he's like, I can't see. I can't say. But if you watch the season, you'll see Nathan's true character and who he really is. And so he has to come back because so far, I'm not impress, but it hasn't been anything horrible, right.
Speaker 2: So there have to be something that happens.
Speaker 3: I'm curious to see what that Oh my god, yeah, what does he do? I don't know, clearly, I want to see Angel. I think Joe is probably going to be able to whip the deck into shape, as evidenced by already being like, okay, let's figure out this gold even just.
Speaker 2: With the water toys alone. Look Sandy could get rid of Nathan just because he's not handling the water toys properly, and she would have every right to do so. We all know how important that is.
Speaker 3: She loves water.
Speaker 2: Toys, she loves them.
Speaker 3: But honestly, I agree with her. If you are on a mega yacht. Yeah, why I don't understand how he wasn't how it wasn't as simple as saying, after you are done washing down, immediately start putting toys out, right, mean, put the shower up, put the toys out, get the towels ready, because what else are they doing? Because you're after you port, what are you're preparing for the guests? Prepare for the guests.
Speaker 2: Prepare, be prepared. That's lion king.
Speaker 3: Anyway, if you stay ready, you don't got to get ready.
Speaker 2: Okay, that is what we're talking about now. Asha on deck though, she's fun anywhere she goes, she's she's interior. She's a lot of fun. She goes out to that club, Boy does she dance wacky and having a blast even just by yourself in that Oh my god, she's a fuddy. And then you get her out there, she's pulling an anchor up and she's having a blast.
Speaker 3: She sure is. She brings a positivity wherever she goes, and.
Speaker 2: She does she does, and I love that. She's Like I started on dick. I love dicks, dicks, dick wok and I love doing dicks and in washing dicks.
Speaker 3: She's just but also can we also talk about she's on deck and she's also kind of overseeing the interior.
Speaker 2: Still yeah, and planning a wedding, planning a wedding, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Scott, I wonder if we're gonna say, I doubt it. I doubt we're going to see their wedding.
Speaker 2: Well wait, but but we're gonna see something, right because we see Hannah. So what is that Vatican?
Speaker 3: I think it's the bachelorette party. I think I saw Hannah. I think Gail is there. I'm sure Gail is there. If she's in Croatia already, I'm pretty sure that was her. Yeah, Nathan was standing there, but there was someone else that I didn't see, and I didn't pause because we're gonna see it next week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna see your next week. Okay, is there anything else that we missed? I mean I feel like we covered it.
Speaker 3: We covered it. I mean Joy is an excellent I feel like Joy is an excellent chef. I feel like good. These guests are very fun, they're very appreci I love it when guests are fun.
Speaker 2: And they just want bud light and a Poloma.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you know what, let's chicken tenders. That chicken schnitzel looked so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she knows how to do it.
Speaker 3: You know you want chicken tenders. I'm gonna give you an upgrade.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna I'm little fancy it.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, god bless, I think she's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was a little. I was a little worried for a second about Cooper flirting with Joy. No, not about Joy's cooking, about Cooper like talking with Joy. But that only lasted for a second. But I was word because you know, Cat let him have it for a second there.
Speaker 3: Well, also in the trailer Jen, when Jen is like I should have gone after Cooper, and Kat is like, screws me. I'm Canadian, but I can throw it. I will my Mannadian, but don't mess with my man.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Sooper and Cat are adorable. Well she did, and then she was like, oh, Cooper with a big dick or something like that. And at dinner and they're just like, what is happening? I just love Below Deck drama. I do too, oll Roight, Let's Ken Pig and get just.
Speaker 2: My Asia is a little bit I kind of sound like a Disney villain or something, but I'm just trying to get my vocals back in order.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's also kind of like Missus Pods. No, not Missus Pott's uh missus Doubtfire.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, it is going Missus Doubtfire. My Asia is morphed into doubt fire. That's what it is. I could totally see Asia playing that role, though she has enough energy to get in and out of costume.
Speaker 3: He would be great. And God bless Rena for getting Oh Mary, I just had to tell you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's exciting. Oh my god, that's so cool, very very cool. Yeah, Angela Quintana, I just love talking to you. Where can the Darlings find?
Speaker 3: You can find me on TikTok it Spoiled Little Mexican Girl, Okay.
Speaker 2: Also Darling's. If you want more recaps that are ad free and video, you can head on over to Patreon dot com slash Drama Darling. Also coming up this week, we have Orange County, The Valley Next Gin and a special episode collab with Your Bish Therapist where we are actually going to be breaking down the Lindsey Clancy murder trial. However, we're not going to be focusing on the actual trial itself, more about women's health and mental health and specifically focusing on postpartum psychosis. That episode will be up on Friday. Thank you so much for listening, and we'll be back tomorrow. Bye.
Speaker 1: By Drama Darling, Drama Darling, Drama Darling