Speaker 1: Like a match to a flame.
Speaker 2: She's just a girl and she's I like a flame. She's on fire, on fire, baby on fire. Oh, pouls filled with catastrophe. She lives in a world that's on fire, on fire, baby on fire. Oh, Paul, Oh Oh, she's fan on that ground and she's burning it.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Alicia a yellow cook. Alicia Keys celebrating birthday forty four. Today. That's girl is on fire. This girl that is on fire. Not my favorite genre of music by any stretch, but what a talented performer. Happy birthday, Alicia Keys. It is January twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. That's right, one, twenty five, twenty five. I'm Gary Jeff Walker and this is his Saturday Morning edition. And before we look ahead and look back at significant events and people tied to this particular date in history, including not limited to these. Eighteen sixty three, President Abraham Lincoln accepts Major General Ambrose E. Burnside's resignation as commander of the Army of the Potomac, replaced him with General Booker. Nineteen twenty four, the first Winter Olympic Games opened in Shamanee, France, nineteen forty five. During the Battle of the Bulge well it ended, the German army concluded its final offensive on the western fronts. Approximately nineteen thousand US soldiers were killed during that five week span of time, nineteen thousand. On the same day Grand Rapids, Michigan, became the first city to add fluoride to its public water supply. I can see why that footnote gets lost in history. Over the end of the Battle of the Bulge, nineteen sixty one, President John F. Kennedy held the first live televised presidential news conference. President Trump has held about three a day for the last week his first week in office. This was a date in nineteen seventy one when Charles Manson and three of his followers were convicted in la of murder and conspiracy in the slayings of seven people, including actress Sharon Tate. This was a date just twenty one. I can't twenty one years ago that NASA's opportunity rover landed on Mars. There was a promise from President Trump, and he's usually pretty good at at least attempting to keep his promises of landing men on Mars in the not too distant future. Anyway, Happy birthday, Elsa keys If it's your birthday this January twenty fifth. I hope it is absolutely the best day you could possibly imagine. You get to spend it with the people you love, doing the things you love to do. That is truly my wish for you. Mametree is already on the line. We will get to here in just a few minutes, and bear with us. There are some things afoot behind the scenes which may or may not mean that we have any kind of a show for you. Liam Tomlinson right now is scurring around trying to make it real for all of us. God bless him. Ah A nice frigid start again this morning. When will this end? Well, hopefully very very soon the next few days, anyway, where we get it at least to normal temperatures for this time of year, partly cloudy and milder today thirty eight tomorrow not quite as cold to start twenty seven for the low mostly cloudy skies as we go through Sunday and high then thirty five. It is twenty but it doesn't feel like it. Seven hundred WLW Sports William Tomlinson first and foremost. You know, we don't even have to concentrate on sports right now. I know you've got a lot going on behind the scenes, as they kind of alluded to before the break, So what exactly is the problem?
Speaker 4: You know, we pray for adversity. I didn't really pray for this adversity this morning.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Technology pressing buttons, you turn on the computer and the computer doesn't turn on. You think if you press the power button it will turn on. But I things aren't as simple as they seem. Sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean it happens, and you know that's the beautiful thing. A little inside baseball for people who really don't care who are listening and they want to hear sports. The really interesting thing about the state of the art studios that we moved into three years ago now is that it's been three yeah, three years. Yeah. All all the different studios they built so they could accommodate almost anybody's need in any room, Like you could broadcast seven hundred signals in a little closet down the hall. You could do it from this, You could do EBN from anywhere. You do EBN from the room that you're in in all the many radio stations. And then when you go to flip the switch because something's not working in the room that you're assigned to. It doesn't work. It's marvelous.
Speaker 4: We do have some college hoops today, right, Yeah, there's some hoops from the air last night. Date And defeated Saint Joseph seventy seven to seventy two, and NKU fell to Milwaukee seventy nine to fifty nine. Couple good games today in the area. Xavier faces off against Yukon, hosting them at eight o'clock. Pregame coverage begins at seven thirty. You can listen to all that on fifty five KRC. The Bearcats are on the road facing Brigham Young University. That tip off is a late one at ten thirty. Pregame coverage begins at ten. You can catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW. And Kentucky travels to Nashville this afternoon to face Vanderbilt. That tip off is set for two thirty. They could get bit by the memorial. Jim Bugaboo, I love that, I love that arena. Yeah, Vanderbilt kind of played some good games with Kentucky the last few years. All right, what else did youam? It's Conference Football Championship weekend in the NFL. Commanders Eagles is the first game. That game kicks off at three. You can listen to both games right here on seven hundred WLW. The Bills travel to Kansas City to face the Chiefs.
Speaker 1: That one will kick off at six thirty. Here is my prediction, my prediction as a Kansas City Chiefs fan, which makes me instantly hated by the sore loser types. Washington is going to go into Philly and beat the Eagles today, and the Bills are coming to Kansas City and they will lose to the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Jaden Daniels will become the first rookie quarterback to win a Super Bowl for the Washington Commanders. You heard it here, first note it, write it down, and take me to task if I'm wrong. Five point six at seven hundred WLW News Radio seven hundred WLW, Saturday morning, and here we go off to the races. Kind of playing blind man's bluff with the phones this morning. So I'm I'm betting this is Mametree. Good morning, Mametrie. Hello swore.
Speaker 5: PreO.
Speaker 6: A coming pau to carry me, Oh sweet sweet chair Ria, A coming Paul to carry me home. If you get there before ride to yell all my friends, I'm coming to.
Speaker 7: A band.
Speaker 6: Hey A coming for me, A coming to carry me ome? Why don't you swing down sweet carry and Marten let me ride?
Speaker 8: Why don't you swing down sweet Cherry later?
Speaker 6: Let me rhyd rock my soul rock my song. I have a home only oh this side.
Speaker 8: Why don't you swing down, sweet Charied Ladder let me ride? Why don't you swing down sweet Charry Harder?
Speaker 6: Let me rhyd rock my soul rock myself? I home hony ah the.
Speaker 8: Hey Man.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was a little lengthy, but it was. It was a good selection.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, but once a year we can cheat.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: I have my own, my own version.
Speaker 8: We'll let you do it next week.
Speaker 10: Swing Lord, sweet chart coming forder carrying me home? Sweeting sweet coming for to carry me?
Speaker 1: How's that good?
Speaker 8: I saw Mark Wilson.
Speaker 1: He wants you a Craig Wilson.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had to work on Wednesday or I would have been there. Craig Wilson.
Speaker 8: I know, I call him Mark at home code name. Did you talk to him like I said?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I talked to him. I just couldn't make it yesterday, I mean.
Speaker 8: Since then, because he wants to come over visit me and you at the same time here. So I got permission so we could get a room where Craig and you and me just saying are you?
Speaker 1: Are you saying that you, me and Craig are going to be in the same room together. You're not talking about.
Speaker 8: A hotel room, right, I haven't least treason.
Speaker 1: Okay, Mama, try we'll work it out. Listen, I gotta run, okay, love you, love you to daye bye. Oh geez. All right, it's gonna be interesting. Dick from Dayton is ready to uh, ready to hang and the hopefully ready to swing in moments. I'm arise and shine on a Saturday morning, five fifty six, Gary Jeff, would you on seven hundred wlw yeh algie, It's time for Dick from Dayton. But here's what happened. The phone system went down. Dick was trying to call in. I couldn't answer the phone because I hadmmetry on the air. It's all crazy. So Liam Tomlinson, you for the next minute are Dick from Dayton. Do your best Dick from Dayton impression. Let's start with good morning, Gary Jeff, Good morning, Gary Jeff. What's going on Dick. Uh you know, no, I don't. That's why I asked. So, Dick, we've a wondering what your dick picks are for the conference championship games tomorrow between the Washington Commanders and the Philadelphia Eagles, and of course the Buffalo Bills versus my Kansas City Chiefs. Dick, I need your predictions for both game. First, Commanders at Eagles. What's the final score, Dick, twenty seven to twenty four. I think the Eagles get this one. And what's your pick for the Bills and the Chiefs? And give me a score there, Chiefs twenty seven to twenty four. Patrick Mahomes is really really good, very good. That's probably the understatement of all understatements. Well, thanks a lot for your time this morning, Dick. Could you do me a favor and say good night Dick, good night Nick. Finally, would never happen again, So Dick from Dayton, there you here at the Thanks Dick. Bye bye bye, Gay, jeth see you later, see you bye bye gayee, so long shallo see you gay?
Speaker 12: Jeff?
Speaker 1: Okay, get off my phone or off your microphone. Thank you? Twenty seven twenty four. Both games could happen sounds really familiar, though, seven hundred Wlwort Mitchell into the first official hour of this Saturday morning edition for January twenty fifth, twenty twenty five. I'm Gary, Jeff Walker, you or you and that is perfectly fine with me. And playing telephone roulette this morning. It's like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get. We'll see if we can get Dave from Harrison here in a moment.
Speaker 13: Take away the Tree John.
Speaker 1: Good morning, day. Are you there, Dave?
Speaker 12: Well, it's not Dave, Hello, Dave, Hello, Garrett, how we do ah? Well?
Speaker 1: We called you on the other line.
Speaker 12: Oh, I'm sorry I didn't take it up.
Speaker 5: It's said unknown.
Speaker 1: It's okay. Everything is unknown so far this morning. How are you.
Speaker 12: Good? Good, good good, on this twenty fifth day in the year twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five, in the twenty five twenty Not quite there yet anyway.
Speaker 12: Uh you know what what you're in. Mama Tree's duet was.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't know what she was going to perform because she never she never calls ahead, so I did. I wasn't prepared for Swing Low Sweet Chariot, But when she started, I just couldn't help bringing out my Paul Robeson impression of swing low sweet Cherriot. You know, Paul, you know who Paul Robeson was. Don't you a great, a great black baritone singer back from the like the forties and fifties and sixties. Who didn't you got on you?
Speaker 12: Man? No?
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think. I don't think he's around anymore. So it's kind of hard to have something on somebody if you're not alive currently true, I understand. What have you got for me this morning?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 15: Well, I don't know or and I I burnt the Hawaiian pizza, uh, you know, and I'm just you think I maybe I should have put it on a on a low a lower temperature, A low.
Speaker 1: H That's that's that's did you just did you invent that one? That didn't come from one of your joke books? Because that's that's that's just like the rest of them. That's pathetic. Any what else?
Speaker 12: Hey, do you know why the baker goes to work?
Speaker 1: Why does the baker go to work?
Speaker 11: Dave?
Speaker 12: Well, he needs to do GARYT. Jeff. You know what, I don't know if you've ever thought about this, but the.
Speaker 16: Rotation of the earth really makes our day.
Speaker 1: You're making my head spin.
Speaker 17: Jokes told by Dave from Harrison are not necessarily considered funding by the staff, management, or advertisers of seven hundred WLW or his parent company, iHeartMedia. If these attempts at humor have caused you to roll your eyes, made your stomach churn, or you have considered the entire exercise to be a colossal waste of time, we deeply apologize. Now back to our irregular programming.
Speaker 1: Lights are coming on, the bells are ringing again, and the phone system almost works. Gary Jeff with you in seven hundred WLW, Go ahead, Elvis, there you go. I'm sad Elvis in the attraction stands and old radio Rick Washburn on the phone. How are you my friend?
Speaker 9: Hey?
Speaker 18: Good morning, Gary Jeff, and you gotta gotta thank day from Harrison for a hilarious birthday card and a riddle included that I still haven't figured out yet, but I'm working on that.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 1: Dave himself is a riddle that I haven't figured out.
Speaker 12: He is.
Speaker 1: He's like the personification of a riddle.
Speaker 18: I'm wondering if it actually wasn't a riddle, and we're wasting our time. We'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: So give me a give me a reception report of t X report. What are you working on? What are you listening on? And how are we coming through this morning?
Speaker 18: Okay, well, this is a shout out to Lesson his son at that awesome train museum. You are coming in five by five but a nineteen forty two Zenit ten s sixty sixty nine. This is a radio that is console that is boasting four bands one AM and three short wave bands ten tubes with an RF stage and pushbile output which in verter driving amazing fourteen in speaker in an all gorgeous cabinet, internal rotatable wave magnet antenna, five station presets in five tones, which is round out the options.
Speaker 12: Minute. I'm getting ahead of myself.
Speaker 18: I sound like the catalog.
Speaker 12: Hold on, I was.
Speaker 1: Gonna say, if that was a catalog description that was perfect, none of this super.
Speaker 12: Yeah, correct catalog description will not be perfect. So here we go.
Speaker 18: All right, Well, this is this radio did self for one hundred and ten dollars in nineteen forty two, which is about two one hundred and fifty dollars today.
Speaker 1: This is a pricey certainly the pricey radio.
Speaker 18: Yes, Yeah, certainly a high end set that got up to the finance anchors and Zina salesmen drilling whenever someone pulled up to the zen dealership and a new Packard convertible. Shout out to you, three Banicheck fans out there anyway. So here's the actual entry in the radio marketing magazine brand New nineteen forty two Zenas super Value, which is kind of funny because the prior years entry said brand new nineteen forty one. It's seeing the supervalue.
Speaker 12: But digress.
Speaker 18: This magazine entry shows a picture of a woman wearing a beautiful evening gown, several loops of pearls around her neck, and a hairdo that could be described as an expensive helmet. A lot of hairspray on this one. The home seems to have twelve foot ceilings and there's a bust of maybe Cleopatra, definitely not Beethoven, I don't know, sitting on top of the radio, which is a far cry from when Zenas a few years earlier always had a porcelain cat sitting in the gorilla.
Speaker 12: Area of the raid. But again I digress. Okay, back to the show.
Speaker 18: Only Zenith can give you this outstanding nineteen forty one, excuse me, nineteen forty two value new big smashing console value in this strategic price bracket. Well, I guess they're pushing the salesman anyway. New features, new eye appeal. You have new eyes, it will appeal to you a radio to pull those old sets out of the homes.
Speaker 12: I'm just imagining this mechanical.
Speaker 18: Arm coming out of the back of the radio and grabbing the older radio, snatching it, maybe getting switched away by just the.
Speaker 1: Idea of the ones, the hubris of once you get this radio, you're gonna throw the other ones away. They are coming out of your house, right, They're going on the rubbish pile of history because they are trash compared to our I think that's a pretty bold, brave, brazen statement.
Speaker 18: And the last part of this, they're bragging ends with fourteen watts output push pull audio amplification rotor wave magnet. And you can just imagine the husband nodding his head knowingly and going, oh yeah, Well, the wife has her hands on her hips staring at the price tag. But they conclude with ten tubes, including two heater casthode rectifier tubes. Now that's true, it's not going to make a dang bit of difference as far as how the radio sounds are works. But it probably should have said you can tell your customers that while this will make no difference about radio performance at all, at least this model won't catch fire like those from two years ago.
Speaker 9: True story.
Speaker 1: Cathode rectifier just sounds painful. You have no idea, although I don't want to know. There are things that you should just keep to yourself.
Speaker 12: Rick, Like I said, you don't want to know.
Speaker 1: By the way, happy belated birthday. Once again, you deserve all the kudos and all the cards with riddles you can possibly you can possibly get.
Speaker 12: Thankfully it was only one and.
Speaker 1: I'm still working on a riddle for you, Old radio Rick at gmail dot com if you'd like to get in touch with mister Washburn, it's coming up on six twenty at seven hundred WLW week morning.
Speaker 13: As temperats have fallen down into the teens, the good news is we are leaving those temperatures behind. We get close to forty this afternoon with a lot of sunshine, only dipping down to the mid twenties tonight before we're back in the mid thirties. For your Sunday Firmer severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Seven hundred WLW Sport Liam Tomlinson just fresh back from the Trump inauguration in our nation's capital and joining us again on a Saturday morning, and we got a weekend pack full of sport's action.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and this morning or last night, Madison Keys, an American, won the Woman's Australian Open and the men's final will be tonight or tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: You could say, is that is that tennis? Yes? Okay, between the Onyx Cinder and Alexander and category of who cares? All right? Joe Burrows there, so I guess you could say some people do care. That's true, Dude, is somebody watching his house? Well he's down under.
Speaker 4: Did you see the body cam footage of the people when they got arrested. They're wearing his beanie like the Bengals playoff beanie he had on.
Speaker 1: That's that. I mean, it's like that. You remember that guy that was got busted for stealing luggage and airports and then posting pictures with the women's dresses on. That's yeah, Sam Brenton. He was one of Biden's nuclear and he had to resign. But anyway, when you steal from someone famous, and he stole from I'm a dress designer in this particular case, and she saw it. It was an original dress that she had made. But you don't steal Burrows Beanie and then post pictures with it online. That's just dumb. We got college basketball real quickly. Let's run down there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Cincinnati on the road, face BYU. That's a late tip at ten thirty. Pregame coverage begins at ten. You can catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW. Kentucky takes on Vanderbilt in Nashville. That's an afternoon tip at two thirty. Pregame coverage begins at one thirty. You can listen to that on ESPN fifteen thirty. Xavier hosts yukon this evening. That tip off is sept for eight. Pregame coverage it begins at seven thirty. You can listen to all that on fifty five KRC. It's Conference Championship weekend in the NFL. The first game tomorrow is Commanders traveling the Philadelphia to face the Eagles and the nightcap is the Bills at the Chiefs. You can listen to both games right here on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Excellent, my friend, Let's see if we can got connect with my friend doctor Dennis from Annapolis, Maryland, who's made the migration once again to Cincinnati. The Xavier Grat is here with his beautiful girlfriend Jeanie and looking forward to brunch tomorrow. Doctor Dennis, how are you this morning?
Speaker 12: Okay?
Speaker 9: Gary, Jeff?
Speaker 12: You know how the.
Speaker 14: Presidential boe in seven forty seven is designated air Force one only when the president was on board right in flight, and then when the president's not on board, it has other designations. Like after Trump was inaugurated and Joe Biden was leaving town with doctor Jill on the same seven forty seven, it can no longer be called air Force one.
Speaker 12: My understanding, it was called con Air.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, you went a long way for that. But I appreciate the journey. Yeah, I tell you what. It just couldn't happen soon enough that they are gone. The whole kitten gooodle.
Speaker 14: The actual, the actual, the actual trash has been taken out of town.
Speaker 12: Yep.
Speaker 1: And yesterday Donald Trump was talking about letting the residents in the wake of the awful fires in California, Pacific Palisades and elsewhere where the fires are gone now to let them be allowed to go in and clean out the trash there. And if they'd cleaned out the trash in the forest like he told them seven years ago, this wouldn't have been the devastation that it was. It's amazing how it all comes around. The trash has gone out of Washington, DC, or well, it's being taken out one by one by one department. And kudos to Pete Hegseth, our new Secretary of Defense. Hallelujah, the military is back and DEI is do a. I will look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow morning.
Speaker 12: Yep, Okay, Garrett, take care of brother con here.
Speaker 1: There's a nice attempt the gang from Ripley coming up after news on seven hundred WLW. Hey, this is Lincoln Kennedy. Here's what's trending on the Iheartsports Network presented by Mercedes Benz.
Speaker 19: Ohio State Corner Davison MC Benison, a two time All Big Ten Honorable Mention pick, will return to The Buck Guys next season. Xavior host Number eighteen. You cot tonight at Big East Play. Cincinnati looks to improved in thirteen and six. They'll visit BYU tonight. The Cowboys higher offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer to be their new head coach. The Raiders strike a three year deal with Pete Carroll, the former Seahawks coach. I'm Trey Benders.
Speaker 1: At Mercedes Benz. There's a reason they go the extra mile, from testing their vehicles in desert heat and arctic cold to creating a.
Speaker 10: You I'm toasting you, sid Honey, we may be through.
Speaker 4: You'll never call me compas list.
Speaker 1: So this morning here we're taking more than our usual road trip to Ripley. How now Brown County? No, now, we're crossing state lines. Let's talk to the gang in a special remote location in a place called Old Washington. Hello, well, good morning.
Speaker 12: Hey.
Speaker 7: We want to think we would like to thank Kevin for inviting us to this wonderful establishment, uh Hater's tavern here in Old Washington.
Speaker 5: Caters.
Speaker 1: This is this is awesome, a place called Taters.
Speaker 5: Gee, thanks, hey, goodfore and I will shut up, but I want to let you know that Buzz is not here.
Speaker 12: Just let you know.
Speaker 5: Run with a cherry.
Speaker 8: Well he set us up again.
Speaker 7: So anyway, but we're here.
Speaker 5: So Kevin's there, the owner, he's saying, right here, there's you could ask him whatever you wish.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, Kevin, Are you sad that buzz isn't there? Not at all?
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See see that's the thing. You guys are complaining that buzz isn't there. You should be celebrating. You should be praising God that buzz isn't there. This is like the best thing that could This is the best scenario possible. Kevin, tell me, tell me about Taters number one. Where'd you get the name?
Speaker 12: Well? Did that come from the original owner?
Speaker 5: This, this bar was established by in nineteen sixty.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, who was the original owner? What was his name? All right? And is he still with us or is he gone?
Speaker 12: No, he's gone like the.
Speaker 1: Guy in the Relief Factor commercial, The pain is gone gone.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 12: So do you have it?
Speaker 1: Do you have a kitchen there? I do?
Speaker 5: Got a full menu, pizzas and burgers, all that good stuff.
Speaker 1: Beer food, yep, that's all you need and then the usual, uh, the the necessary beer and alcohol if someone wants to and vibe right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we like to think of ourselves as being bougie redneck.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 12: I love it.
Speaker 1: Well, you know in Cincinnati, we're all fans of Bougie Collins.
Speaker 12: Hey, you got.
Speaker 1: Any special events at Tater's through the week.
Speaker 5: Uh, well, I've got I've got some things coming up here in the next month.
Speaker 12: Okay, Yeah, I got got some.
Speaker 5: Bands coming in to play a little bit of music.
Speaker 12: Uh, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: They play local music, they play local music.
Speaker 12: Yeah, local bands.
Speaker 10: Very nice.
Speaker 1: All right, guys. Well, it's it's great to hear you in another place and time. And I wish I was there, but uh time you come up, all right, all right, and uh and I'm glad for you for for everybody concerned that buzz isn't there. Yes, yes, yes, all right, take care, guys, have a great weekend. Tater's in Old Washington, Kentucky this morning, and Steve from met In, Ohio hanging around with the usual, uh usual supplement of great material right around the corner sixty at seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: Seven hundred wl W, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app down number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Starting in the teams this morning, moving all the way up to thirty eight on the dial by this afternoon, partly cloudy skies, mostly cloudy over night and tomorrow. Quite a few clouds around, but we're still warmer than we have been a high round thirty five, expecting forties into next week. Hellolujah, it's twenty one now, seven one hundred WL Jumping Sport, Give me the.
Speaker 4: Quick rundown, mister Liam Ku fell to Milwaukee seventy nine to fifty nine. Last night Dating beat Saint Joseph's seventy seven to seventy two. Xavier hosts Yukon at eight o'clock. Pregame coverage begins at seven thirty. You can catch all that action on fifty five KRC. You see plays a late one tonight ten thirty at Brigham Young. That tip is set for ten thirty. Pregame coverage begins at ten. Catch all that action right here on seven hundred WW and Kentucky faces Vanderbilt.
Speaker 1: That tip is set for two thirty.
Speaker 4: Pregame coverage begins at one thirty on ESPN fifteen to thirty Conference Championship Weekend in the NFL. Both games tomorrow, the first one at three o'clock, the Commanders travel to Philadelphia to face the Eagles, and at six point thirty the Buffalo Bills travel to Kansas City to face the Chiefs. Catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLWP.
Speaker 1: With just out of sheer, hate and stupidity, all right, coming up on a quarter till the hour on his Saturday morning, Gary Jeff and Steve from Etna, Ohio standing by mister simon the floor, is.
Speaker 3: Yours virulent vaccines, Gary Jeff, Robert F. Kennedy Junior is due to get his grilling on Capitol Hill next week, and we are sure to see fireworks over his appointment as Health and Human Services Secretary. You can bet the drug companies, among others we'll try to assassinate his nomination. Bobby has dared to step on a sacred cow in the medical profession made prominent by the excessive vaccinations during the COVID scandal, and Bobby's claimed that he suffered permanent damage at the hands of a jab earlier. This ought to be Fourth of July fireworks come early. Many are now wondering out loud whether some of the inoculations children get may have nasty side effects, especially mental issues such as obsessive compulsive behavior and autism. A Yale medical study in twenty seventeen gave impetus to skepticism about inoculations. What's got me wondering is the Trump derangement syndrome evident in the Democrat Party. It is so off the wall that I really wonder if I should be more charitable to these public officials and their private institution co conspirators who may have been jabbed into imbecility. This week, I'm watching a California public servant and unquote, in the midst of a series of wildfires of biblical proportions, actually complain about price gouging. Tennis bad boy John McEnroe once said.
Speaker 12: You have got to be kidding me.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, mister public serpent, with your six figure salary, when one city has been burned to the ground and there are no more grocery stores, gasoline stations, and drug stores and FEMA is certainly not going to help. Price gouging by merchants who now don't exist is probably not priority number one with homeless millionaires. I'm looking at this apparatic with a secure job and generous pension, and I've come up with a new term wage gouging. Since the victims of the LA fires still have to pay taxes to support this guy, we don't have to pay the salary and benefits of that crazy cleric in Washington, d C. Unless you're an Episcopalian. Thank god. She spent her time in the pulpit this week berating one of the congregation to wit Donald J. Trump, despite police reports of the contrary and overwhelmed public resources. She thinks the borders should be open to everybody. She lives in a one point five million dollar suburban sanctuary with six bedrooms, which, if she were honest, should be turned over to a dozen or so drug and human traffickers in the name of God, Country, and Christianity. And then there's the fallout over Donald Trump's pardons of some of the J Six defendants. Some of these accused attack police officers that should never have happened. Homing in on that obscures the more relevant issue. The Democrat Party was in control of capital security and for whatever reason, refuse to provide that security. The Democrat Party is also the proponent of letting serial murderers and rapists go free. If there is excuse me, prosecutorial malfeasans or misfeasons, or police misconduct in a criminal case. Since the only person killed on January sixth was an unarmed female shot by a police officer who was then promoted, Yes, and the incarceration of most of the JA six purpse violated habeas corpus. They should go free by established law, and that isn't where the misconduct ends. A J six defendant interviewed this week said she took a plea bargain only because she wanted to get out of jail, not because she thought she was guilty of the original charge. That happened a lot in this judicial circus when habeas corpus would have put these people at home on bail. Of course, if they had joined Black Lives Matter, this would never have been a problem. When this woman got home, she was confronted by a neighbor who explained that quote all the protesters should have been shot by the police. Not surprising, of course, but it does beg the question did that democrat get too many jabs as a kid? I'm just asking Gary, Jeff tomorrow or next week has got to be another humdinger. I'll be reporting. Take care of.
Speaker 1: Yourself, Steve, thank you so much. As all was.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: He just summarizes it so well and so succinctly, and he's right on. The only person killed on January sixth, twenty twenty one was Ashley Babbitt. No one else died that day, not any cops, no one except an unarmed Air Force veteran who was trying to get people out of the capitol six fifty one, seven hundred WS. And I have no idea who this is, but let's see.
Speaker 16: Good morning, Gary, Jeff, my brother, good morning, how you doing today?
Speaker 1: I was praying it was you, Ray Scott, because I can't Liam kan't screen calls and he can't have any communication with people, so I was hoping this was you. It was about the right time for you to chime in. So what is the bee in your bonnet this weekend? If you have one?
Speaker 16: You guys are the consummate pros at excellent.
Speaker 12: Job, both you and Lehman. And thank you so much.
Speaker 16: But listen, I just wanted to you know, this week we had a National Prayer breakfast and a priestess who was disrespectful to my president and much the same as the Los Angeles mayor was last night. Who regrets it, I believe. But all that being said, I want to say that this lady priest, she was correct. I'm going to agree with her, Gary Jeff that people are concerned and worried and have been. People are concerned to let their little girls go into restrooms, that there might be a man in there posing thinking he's a female and he's not. People are concerned and worried about their girls on the swim team and playing basketball. It might be subject to young men to play competitively with them side by side. They're pro life activists, peacefully praying outside of clinics, arrested, thrown in jail. They're concerned and worried that nurses, doctors, military hippo rules thrown out the window, and are forced to take experimental vaccination lest they be fired. So yes, yes, people have been concerned and worried, and thank God, thank God, almighty, humbly we have we have a new sheriff in town.
Speaker 12: Folks, Thanks be to God. May we stay humble, may we stay free. God bless you, my brother, you know, ray before.
Speaker 1: Her, uh her inappropriate? I mean that was a prayer session. That wasn't the eight policy session. It was a prayer session that she decided to for political purposes, for the media purposes, push for agenda. I did not know that the Episcopalians endorsed pedophilia, and I'm not sure that a lot of Episcopalians would would agree that they promote and and, like I said, seborne pedophilia. But it seems like she may, along with everything else on the border. Thank you so much for being a ray of sunlight, because sunlight is the best disinfected after all. Coming up on six fifty seven at the top of the hour, Steve Shulty with an environmental update. We'll also have Roco and the Tom Davis Diaries and the like, and a special rock and roll archaeology this morning at seven thirty five. Jim Lebarbara will not be with us today. He's entitled to a week off since he doesn't get paid to be here anyway. And we'll have Mighty John Marshall from Moneymusic dot Com coming up with a new top ten list of valuable vinyl and he's got some news about a podcast that he is now doing. They've got a lot of episodes in the can and it'll be interesting, as it always is. So glad to have you along for the ride. It is six fifty eight Good morning, seven hundred WLW this month and into another hour of this Saturday Morning edition for Saturday one, twenty five, twenty five, seven oh five. So many fives, so little time. Gary Jeff Walker with you on this glorious but frosty Saturday. Time to talk some ev environment with our environmental engineer, Steve.
Speaker 11: See tree, some green resist, I see them blue, fuming you, and I think to myself, what I wander It.
Speaker 1: Is a wonderful world, and yet we continue to try and destroy it by being friendly to the ecology and the environment, like years of forest mismanagement in California, sparking wildfires that have ruined lives, taken lives and cost billions of dollars in damage like that, or diverting diverting water so it doesn't get to the places that need water for the sake of a Pacific smelt or whatever. And there is also a lot of net zero boondoggle projects that do not at all help the environment, and yet we're told we have to do this for the sake of the planet. Good morning, Steve Shilty, and my gosh, I don't know what's going on. Steve, But I have got a high pitched wine in the back of your phone call this morning.
Speaker 12: I don't know I got.
Speaker 21: I'm in my car.
Speaker 1: That's what it is.
Speaker 21: Gary, everything's off.
Speaker 1: I understand it's something about your car. Anyway, what are you talking about? You're talking about net zero and sustainability.
Speaker 21: It's the stan belly. So about a week ago reading one of my trade rags called Water, Environment and Technology, the operations and Engineering and so there's an arty gole in here that Laurel, Maryland officially opened it's two hundred and seventy one million dollars bio cheap facility in October twenty twenty four. A facility will receive all biosolids aka sludge from their six wastewater treatment plants, producing Class A biosolids, which is a good thing we can put on farmland, as well as renewable natural gas the power half of the Montgomery Counties. This is in Maryland, right on buses. The agreement and anticipated to generate seven hundred thousand in the sale of the gas and about three point two million dollars per year from the sale of renewable fuel credits. Another boondog. Oh, but that's another that's another story, and said the project will save customers about three point four million and the others. So you think of that as all, man, look at all this money saving weal Gary, Jeff. You know, when we were in my days working, we use what called simple payback, the kind of ad judge project is worthwhile to pursue or not.
Speaker 12: So you take two.
Speaker 21: Hundred and seventy one million dollars divided by three seven point three million dollars, you get a payback of thirty seven years. Now, how much of this equipment do you will think will still be operating in the year twenty sixty one?
Speaker 12: Why not?
Speaker 1: I doubt you. I doubt that it's going to be operating in ten years. But that's okay, that's just whatever.
Speaker 21: The point is, we have all this labor, energy materials to go into a project that will not pay for itself in a lifetime, and it even gets closer, which and that reminded me of something. Back in twenty eleven, the Cincinnati Zoo put a one point five one point five make a watch solar array on top of a parking garage, and I remember eating the article in the inquiry. I don't remember the exact cost of capital, which they had the article, and the savings which they had the article. But I specifically remembering an old just engineering when we had to do calculations with a slide, where a lot of our math was done in the head and quick calculation. I remember being the payback back then was going to be fifty to sixty years. The lifetime of a solar array at best is twenty to twenty five years. But it gets better. We now have a two point eight megawatt solar array at the Zoo. I looked up several different articles, as usual with these projects, couldn't find the capital costs. I did find an article said that the zoo would be saving three hundred thousand dollars a year. So let's be generous and say that it's gonna be nine million dollars to put up. It's gonna be a lot more of that when we have to conclude all costs, including grants from the state and trable government that you and I pay, the tax credits from state governments that you.
Speaker 12: And I pay.
Speaker 21: They saved three hundred thousand go into a nine million, thirty year payback, and I bet it's even worse than that and again the solar arrays will be long gone.
Speaker 1: I agree. And it's full of waste, and it's it's nothing but a money grab by people who are on the inside track and virtue signaling.
Speaker 21: Oh yeah, this is all about virtue signaling.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it's it's it's really, it's really all about theft of public funds in the name of virtue signaling. To be honest. Oh pm of other people's mother other people's mothers and other people's money. Steve Schulte, thank you so much. It's seven eleven, it's seven hundred wl.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 11: That's a guy.
Speaker 1: Whose job, whose job is to get physical with people. Of course, now it's a lot more positive than it used to be when he got physical. He's actually trying to help people now a lot more yeah, a lot more positive.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Physical trainer, fitness expert and biohacker, the one and only Roco Costellano. You can read his stuff at rococostellano dot com and Roco what in the world are we talking about today?
Speaker 12: Well? Today, I uh, well, we told about anything you want there. But I did want to give give a quick shout out to Jen at that ferments. They have awesome fermented food and also a kombucha. I just wanted to give a quick shout out to her.
Speaker 1: Where do you get something like that? Because I know fermented foods are supposed to be told me your time and and time again that fermented foods are the answer for your gut, for a healthy gut. Where can I get some format foods Rocco?
Speaker 12: Well? I also I also write about it on the on the block.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 12: You get a fermented food at fab Ferments And they're at the Hyde Park uh a farmer's market during the summertime, and you can look them up on on the web. And they have this really cool tap room. They have a tap room and they also have a UH and you can buy their fermented food. They have all different types of sabocrat that have seaweed in it. They have, if I mean, all all different types of of kim chi and that kind of food. I like to do it myself personally. Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, how long does it How long does it take? How long does it take to make kim chi?
Speaker 12: For example, roccom, it takes about it takes about five days. Five Yeah, kim chi takes about five days. And like my fromented carrots, take about two and a half weeks. Uh, that's the longest one. What what do you say?
Speaker 1: What I say, I wanted to ferment some carrots, which I've never even thought was possible or I would want to do.
Speaker 12: They're awesome. How do you how do you?
Speaker 1: How do you know?
Speaker 12: How do you.
Speaker 1: Ferment a carrot?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: What's the process? Give me a give me a one minute summation.
Speaker 12: Okay, so you're Julian the carroacs, so you cut him into uh into rectangles basically, and all you do is you put them in a jar in a court, a mason jar, and you put a two percent combination of Brian in there. Now Brian is basically I just salt water. You take some kosher salt, or you take some sea salt, and and I basically for every quart of water, I put about a tablespoon of salt in there. I shake it up and then I pour it over the carrots. And then I put a what's called a pickle pipe and a pickle pebble. I put the pickle pebble. It's a glass, uh kind of stone that goes over so that so that the carrots stay down. And you want to make sure that they that they stay below the waterline because fermentation needs to stay.
Speaker 1: And it needs to be it needs to be saturated, but it needs to be saturated.
Speaker 12: Well, yeah, it needs to be saturated, but it needs to be within an anaerobic without oxygen, okay, you know environment. And then you wait for two weeks, you watch the top so that it doesn't get moldy. But it's pretty acidic anyway, so uh, and that's it. And then you have a fermented carrots, and and we do pickles like I do pickles a lot, so I do a cucumbers. I've got a ton of Do.
Speaker 1: You do you use a Do you use a pickle pebble to pickle your peppers or pepper? Yes, well to pickle your pickles? Now? Is this the same kind of pickle pebble that Peter Piper would have picked?
Speaker 12: Absolutely? Yep. Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Find out more at rococostelano dot com. It's time for the Tom Davis Diaries, also known as the Here is our Reporter, wild wacky stories from around the country, around the world. Tom Davis, Good morning, Gary, Jeff.
Speaker 22: This week a celebrity shares the secret to long lasting relationships and other surprises. But first, A guy in England, Aaron Phoenix, is now famous for his collection of pets. He lives with one thousand tarantulas. Aaron says that he uses the creatures to boost his mental health and to educate the public about spiders.
Speaker 1: A big rapper is making the news, and I do mean big rapper.
Speaker 22: Dave Blunts is six hundred pounds and he says that this year's upcoming tour he plans to CrowdSurf.
Speaker 1: He says he's sure that his fans.
Speaker 22: Will be able to hold him up and he's hoping to lose.
Speaker 1: Weight as the tour goes on.
Speaker 22: There's a family in Bergin, Kentucky who says that the Amazon drivers stole their dog. They say that their beloved sixteen year old beagle is missing and they know it was the driver because they actually caught that driver previously trying to steal the dog, with the cops.
Speaker 1: To try to bring the dog back unharmed.
Speaker 22: And finally, celebrities are famous for relationships that don't last, but one a Ish lister is here to tell you the secrets.
Speaker 1: Of staying together.
Speaker 22: Meghan Trainer says every couple should have a his and hers toilet so that they can go to the bathroom together. She says that there's nothing more intimate and she loves sharing that time with her husband and that nothing connects you more than sitting down and sharing that special moment with the person you love the most. That is simply the grossest thing I've ever heard. Next week, man goes viral for making wood flavored ice cream.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend. I thought the double sink vanity was a stretch.
Speaker 11: Can kind carrange.
Speaker 1: Let us go to love and let us go to our friend, brother Rick Green, with a little bit of inspiration from the Word of God this morning. Try to be positive wherever possible on this program, and this is one of the ways that we like to facilitate that, Brother Green, How are you this morning?
Speaker 9: Hey, good morning Gary. I walk about five five thirty am hang on a flat screen TV?
Speaker 14: Jeez?
Speaker 1: So, I mean was that the only was that the so?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 1: I mean you get up early every day for work, right, yeah, and so you were hanging a flat screen? How big is it this?
Speaker 12: Si?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, do you have sych before they wake up?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: So you this is for the fam basically, yeah.
Speaker 9: That's in the living room because my man cave is my man cave.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you. Well, so what have you got for us this week?
Speaker 12: Rick?
Speaker 9: Today we got Luke Chapter twelve, verse fifteen.
Speaker 7: They said.
Speaker 9: Then he said to them, watch out beyond your guard against all kinds of greed. Life does not consist of abundance and possessions. I pray to God.
Speaker 12: We can a marinate on that today.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, especially since you've been up hanging a sixty five inch flat screen on your wall. That sounds that sounds pretty abundant. It's a nice possession, But it's not the most important thing, is it.
Speaker 12: Nah?
Speaker 9: You know you're I am a typical American. I worked hard for at sixty fivenues.
Speaker 1: I know, I understand.
Speaker 9: But you're right. You have to be right.
Speaker 1: This is this is one that I need to keep in mind here. This is Psalm one. One blessed is one who does not step do not walk in step with the wicked, or stand in the way that sinners take, or sit in the company of mockers. And it's awfully easy to fall into that trap. And it's something I need to remember on a regular basis.
Speaker 9: You're right here, It's extremely tempting, especially when you love the people in attacks that a way.
Speaker 1: It's hard, yes, sir, yes, sir. Well listen, have a blessed day. Fire up that big screen, see what it looks like. Definitely, Gary, all right, Rick, have a blessed weekend yourself, sir all right. It's at eight sixteen. Dave Hatter will be joining us with a little bit of tech talk in just a moment. It's eight sixteen and some change on a Saturday morning. Seven hundred wl up this morning at nine, Mike Allen takes a stand and then eventually a seat once his leg lets get tired. On seven hundred WLW playoffs. We're talking about playoffs.
Speaker 23: You bet we are get on all the actions of DraftKings Sportsbook, the official sports betting partner of the NFL. Scoring touchdowns is key to winning in the playoffs, and you can score big by betting on them at DraftKings, the number one place to bet touchdowns. Ready to place your first bet, Try betting on something simple like a player to score six. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app and make your pick. New Draftking customers can bet us five bucks to get two hundred dollars in bonus Best instantly download the DraftKings Sports Book app now use the coach seven hundred WLW. That's the code seven hundred WLW for new customers to get two hundred dollars in bonus best instantly when you bet us five bucks only on DraftKings Sportsbook, the Crown is yours. Gambling problem Call one eight hundred Gambler twenty one plus Ohio only. Eligibility restrictions apply. Bonus bets expired one hundred and six to eight dollars after the issuance. For additional terms and responsible gaming resources, see dkang dot co slash audio.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Staples. I am so pumped. My business is gonna kill it this year means.
Speaker 13: The good news is we are leaving those temperatures behind. We get close to forty this afternoon with a lot of sunshine, only dipping down to the mid twenties tonight before we're back in the mid thirties. For your Sunday Firmer Severe weather station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on news Radio seven hundred WLW seven.
Speaker 1: One hundred at WLW Sports and Liam Tomlinson The Tale of the Tape.
Speaker 4: Sir the Norris lost to Milwaukee last night. Some Friday night Horizon League Basketball play seventy nine to fifty nine. Dayton beat Saint Joseph seventy seven seventy two. A couple of local basketball games this afternoon. Kentucky on the road in Nashville to face Vanderbilt that hips A two thirty. You can catch all that pregame coverage on ESPN fifteen to thirty, beginning at one thirty. The Bearcats are on the road against Brigham Young University that hips a ten thirty. Pregame coverage begins at ten. You can catch all that action right here on seven hundred WLW. And Xavier hosts back to back champions Yukon that tips off at eight o'clock. Pregame comfry begains at seven thirty. You can listen to that on fifty five Krcen American won the Australian Open Women's Tournament. Madison Keys we got conference championship weekend in the NFL. Two games on Sunday, both you can catch right here on seven hundred WLW beginning at three, with the Commander's Eagles following. That is the Chiefs and the Bills past.
Speaker 1: Six do all right, thank you, sir. A friend that I have on often on my nightcap programs had made his debut on a Saturday morning. I think he's been with us one or two times before. But just to fill the time. Now that Bengals season's not up, we don't have like eight minutes of commercials going into the half hour, We've got some more time for good stuff like Dave Hatter, Good Morning, mister mad Hatter, Doomsday.
Speaker 7: Dave jard Morning, Garret Jeff, always my pleasure to be on. Hopefully put out some good information.
Speaker 1: All right, So what's what's new on the horizon in the tech world and things to look out for? Give us a reason to really be afraid?
Speaker 7: How afraid do you want to be?
Speaker 12: Carrius?
Speaker 7: Are we talking about like you know, attack of the Killer Tomatoes afraid? Or are we talking about you know, like well Nosoza not not.
Speaker 1: So afraid that I have to change my pants?
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, Well, you know we've talked about this so many times before the whole TikTok thing, and yeah, we talked about China, Chinese evs and so forth, and you know, I think it's going to be really interesting to see where this all plays out. But I just want to remind folks who are thinking, you know, okay, even if I can't use TikTok, and again, well, I don't really.
Speaker 12: Know where that's going to go.
Speaker 7: It's been surprising to me the idea that you're going to switch to use red note, which is entirely in Mandarin. You don't even know what you're signing up for. It's just totally insane, totally insane, and it's it's hard for me to understand why it's difficult to explain to people the dangers here. It's, you know, because the thing I'll always hear is, well, you know, Facebook and all these other social media companies are doing the same kind of thing. Well they are to an extent right, they're collecting your data for sure, but they're American companies. They're not controlled by the Chinese Communist Party, where they have laws in China that you can easily look up and see that they are required to own over any government or any information that the government wants, and then you know they can use that to propagandize you.
Speaker 1: It's it's insane.
Speaker 7: So for anyone in listening range, stop using apps of any sort whether it's shopping apps, social media apps whatever from China. You know, these folks are not our friends. They're collecting your data, they're using it in all kinds of bad ways. They're propagandizing us.
Speaker 1: That's isn't that? Isn't that Tamu too, Yes, exactly, Gary.
Speaker 12: Yeah. In fact, I wrote a big blog post on this.
Speaker 7: You know, if you find me on LinkedIn, you'll you can read this blog post where I go into detail, I explain these laws.
Speaker 12: I have lots of.
Speaker 7: Links to other reputable sources warning about all the problems because the data is a concern, but it's it's not the main concern. It's the propaganda.
Speaker 12: So that's to me, it's scary that we have that.
Speaker 7: It seems to be hard to convince people that these risks are real. And you know, it's not just technology people like me. You've got all kinds of people you know, in the government warning about this. So that that to me is scary because it's hard to predict, especially when you throw AI into this, how that data could be used.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 7: And again it connects to the critical infrastructure attacks, the fact the Chinese Communist Party agents have hacked our telecom systems. They're in our critical infrastructure, per our own government.
Speaker 12: So yeah, to me, that's pretty.
Speaker 7: Scary because if you turn off the power, we're going to have real problems.
Speaker 12: That's as bad as it gets.
Speaker 1: I know some people who are friends and you know, married couples do this too from time to time. Not my wife and I because we're smoter than the average bear. The NSA last week warned to iPhone and Android users to disable the location tracking on their phone. And you know, it's kind of neat. You can see where your friend is. Or I have some guys, some old guys that come into the bar and they've got location trackers on each other's phone so they can see where the other one is for some for some reason, But why is this a bad idea? And why does the NSA warning against you using the location tracking on your phone?
Speaker 7: So you know, I'll be the first to tell you, Gary Jess, I turn off the location tracking feature of my phone and lesson until I need it. So yesterday I went on a client visit somewhere south of Lexington. I didn't believe know where I was doing, so I open up my phone, I get into the privacy settings on my Apple Phone, I enable location tracking so that the maps can work. It got me where I wanted to go, I did what I needed to do, I drove back home.
Speaker 5: I turned it off.
Speaker 7: And you know, I've operated like that for a long time. So the point they're making, and I want to be clear to folks, okay, and I encourage everyone to go out that Forbes mentioned this NSSAY thing. You can read what the NSA said directly. I encourage people to read it. I encourage people to take their advice. I know it creates some friction and inconvenience. You have to get in and keep monkey with a setting. But at first off, I want to be really clear that the cellular network is tracking your phone at all times at the song on. It has to by the nature of the way it works. Okay, so this is not turning off all location tracking. What it's trying to do is limit the amount of data that about your location anyway that's being sucked up by the apps underphone gets us right back to the TikTok red note pay Move questions. You know these apps are aggressively collecting your data. If you give them permissions, then it's usually hard to turn this stuff off, you know, dark patterns, privacy laws and make it hard. These kinds of apps are sucking up your location data. It's often being sold to data brokers. And I think what caused the NSA to come out and say this at this moment is there was recently a data breach of a data broker called Gravity, and all kinds of sensitive location data was leaked about people that came from the apps they had installed on their phone. So you you download candy Crush or something that, you know, why does Candy Crush? Why does the game needs your location? Gary Jakh?
Speaker 15: Why does Why?
Speaker 7: Why does TikTok needs your location? Why does any Unless you're using an app that's geared towards getting you somewhere, why does it needs your location? But that data is valuable, it's collected, it's sold to data brokers, and then when you have these breaches, you know, now you have a situation where military personnel, government executives, corporate executives, et cetera, all their location data is out there. You want to to spy on someone, if you wanted to assassinate someone, well that's all out there now. So the point the NSSAY is making is it's really not in anyone's interest. And you know, while you could go in and try to turn off the settings on each individual app and they give you some other advice there, like change your advertising ID. Sure, the basic bottom line, I agree is really, unless you're using the location services by design to get you somewhere, you really ought to turn it off, all right.
Speaker 1: So sure, well, well, well we'll stop it there because we're out of time. But you know what I do a lot of times, Dave, is I just leave my phone at home.
Speaker 7: Well that's not a bad idea, GARYT Jeff. You know if you don't need it, because then then you're not being tracked at all.
Speaker 1: I know, that's that's what I mean. Oh no, he's still there. God, he never goes out of the house. Take care, Dave. We'll talk to you soon, all right, brother.
Speaker 7: Oh it's my pleasure, Gary Jeff.
Speaker 1: Thanks, you got it. A breaking back. Gifts from Wally on the way in minutes.
Speaker 24: Sarah Spain for Iheartwomen's Sports presented by Capital. One of unrivaled games on the slate today is the three on three League down in Miami. Rolled On, It'll be Brianna, Stuart Juwel Lloyd in the miss taking on Khlia, Copper, Angel Rees and ROSEBC at six pm Eastern. Then the FISA, Collier, Skyler, Diggins, Smith and the lunar.
Speaker 25: Als take on Britney Griner, Sabrini and Escu and Phantom BC at seven pm Eastern, both games on True TV. For more women's sports stories, subscribe A Good Game with Sarah Spain on iHeart Podcasts.
Speaker 13: There this morning, as temperatures have fallen down into the teens, the good news is we are leaving those temperatures behind. We get close to forty this afternoon with a lot of sunshine, only dipping down to the mid twenties tonight before back in the mid thirties. For your Sunday Firmer Severe Weather Station, I'm nine First Warning Meteorologist Cameron Harden on News Radio seven hundred wlw's.
Speaker 1: Twenty two and Cincinnati, I'm Sandy Colla's Next News at nine. News Radio seven hundred WLWA News twenty four hours a day, News Radio seven hundred WLW. Good Morning, Kids, Time for Gibbs. Lawyers should never ask a question they don't already know the answer to. This joke is dedicated to Mike Allen in a trial and a small southern town prosecuting attorney calls his first witness, a grandmotherly woman, to the stand. He approached the old woman and asked, missus Jones, do you know me? She responded, well, yes, I do know you, mister Williams. I've known you since you were a little boy, and frankly, you've been a big disappointment to everyone. You lie, you cheat on your wife, You manipulate people and talk behind their backs. You think you're a big shot when you haven't got the brains to realize that you'll never amount to anything more than a two bit paper pusher. Yeah, I know you stunned. The prosecute attorney is stunned. You know what else to do? He points across the room and asks missus Jones do you know this defense attorney? She again replies, yes, I do. I've known mister Bradley since he was a youngster too. He's lazy, bigoted, has a drinking problem. He can't build a normal relationship with the one in his law practice is one of the worst in the entire state. Not to mention, he cheated on his wife with three different women women, one of them was your wife.
Speaker 16: I know him.
Speaker 1: The defense attorney almost dies, sinking down in his seat. The judge asked both counsel to come to his bench. Very quiet voice, he says, if either one of you ask this idiot, either one of you asked idiots asked this woman, if she knows me, I will send you to the electric chair.
Speaker 20: Seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati, available everywhere with the iHeartRadio app now number one for podcasting seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio station Right.
Speaker 1: You Talk Sports seven hunter WLW. Jerry Jeb and our friend Moe Egger hanging on the line. Hey, Mo, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 12: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Well the iHeart since the studios are again in their usual state of technological advance and so we're we're having having a wonderful time. Uh what are you up to today? Getting ready for UC basketball? I guess tonight?
Speaker 12: Are you?
Speaker 1: Are you out west? Moe? Hello? I am absolutely astonished that this has happened. Mo, are you there?
Speaker 12: You got me? Now?
Speaker 21: You got me?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I got you? Now?
Speaker 1: Where are you are you at?
Speaker 7: B YU?
Speaker 5: I am in on the west side of Cincinnati. Oh okay, not in Provo, Utah. So we should be able to make this phone.
Speaker 1: Call, well, don't don't, don't, don't count on anything this morning. Believe me.
Speaker 5: I think unfortunately, I've learned that the hard way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Bearcats, you were saying.
Speaker 5: This is a big game, and that's cliche, right, But because of their failures to win games at home and then one in three in the conference at home, put the premium on winning on the road. BYU is a team with a very similar profile to Cincinnati if you look at some of the metrics, this is a Quadrant one opportunity, which matters a lot on the resume. But I think the thing that was so frustrating the other night has to be rectified tonight. Number one, they were really good offensively, the Bearcats were, the offense flowed, they got good shots, they made fifty two percent. At one point in the first half, they were shooting close to sixty five percent. And then the one thing that has gone well this year, which has been the Bearcat's ability to get stops and play good defense, that kind of fell apart against Texas Tech, and so on a night where the offense was really good at home, they still lose by ten points. So now Wes Miller it's kind of like playing whack them all. Right, you've got your offense trending in the right direction, can you get the defense trending in the right direction, because he's gonna need both tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh, Xavier's gonna need a lot more than that. They're playing Yukon. That that is not a recipe for or instant success anytime.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, No, the defending national champions obviously, and a team that Xavier lost to in Connecticut a few weeks ago, a game that the Musketeer has played really well and it should have won and could have won in overtime. Xavier kind of let one get away the other night against Saint John's. But I looked at that and said, Okay, they went to Marquette, they went to Saint John's. They could not go oh into you like to go to and zero. They at least needed to go one in one, and they did that. The big question tonight for the Musketeers is about the availability and health of Dalen Swain, a guy who has been so key to Xavier's defensive improvement. They're gonna have to muddy up this game, make it ugly, and if they can get a performance from Ryan conwell, similar to the one they got the last time Xavier played at home when he scored thirty four points. That would be helpful as well.
Speaker 1: The University of Kentucky Wildcats traveled to my old hometown to play in one of my favorite venues anywhere in college basketball, on the campus of Vanderbilt University, Memorial Gym, to play my Vandy Commodores. And you never know what's gonna happen at Memorial Gym no matter how each team is doing in any particular season. I've seen Kentucky go down to Vandy more than once and lose a game they weren't expected to lose. It could happen today.
Speaker 5: I hope could happen today, because Vanderbilt is pretty good. You know, recently be Tennessee as the volunteers went in as the number one team in the country, went to Nashville got beat. You mentioned that arena. It's one of the coolest places I've ever seen a game. I'm sure folks who follow Gallage basketball, no, it's got the most unique setup because you're basically on a stage and the benches are behind the basket, So you know, there are sometimes communication issues if your guys are on the other end. I think with Kentucky it's can they outscore people? Oftentimes the answer has been yes. The answer was yes against Florida, gave up one hundred points six. Last week against Alabama, the answer was no, scored ninety seven, played great offensively, couldn't get stops. I really like watching this Kentucky team because they have of all the different offensive options they have offensively, they can beat you in so many different ways. There are a team that offensively, you say, you know what, they can beat anybody, But in March you're looking for things that you know might be fatal flaws, and so far it looks like it's going to be Kentucky's defense.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 1: The thing about the uniqueness of Vandy's Memorial Gym, and I've attended many games there when I lived down there and was a Commodore fan, is that you talk about the communications issues because the benches are at opposite ends of the floor and underneath the baskets. But you know, Vandy probably has since that's their home. Gym has all kinds of signals and stuff that the players are looking for at their coach and the bench to know what to do to solve those communication problems that maybe the other team haven't worked out yet. And it reminds me of being an eighth grader playing basketball at a junior high that was old, and the players from that squad, the home team knew where the dead spots in the floor were. We didn't. So you'd peak going to dribble a ball, would they would drive you to a certain area they knew was dead on the floor, and the ball would just as you dribble, just stand right there on the floor like it had no air in it, and they would just pick it up and go to the other end and score layups. So these kind of things happen in unique situations. Uh so, Uh, anyway, I wanted to ask you a little bit. I know it's a weird question, but Liam brought it up this morning about baseball and the eleven year old in California who pulled the Paul Skins one one debut patch card and apparently it's it's worth like a million dollars, And I said, how long's Paul Skien's been in the league, But it was apparently one of one and the Pirates wanted the card and they offered two Pirate season tickets now to an eleven year old in California, I don't think that's gonna kind of really help him behind home plate for the next thirty years. A meet and greet with Paul Skiings, two poll Skiings signed jerseys, and a Pirates game with Levy Dunn in her suite, and the eleven year old said, no, baby, Na, I'm keeping the card. Uh here's the question. Do you did you ever collect baseball cards? I mean I did when I was real young. Did you do that?
Speaker 5: I did, Uh, pretty pretty obsessively as well. And unlike you know a lot of people who would tell the story about how well, you know, I moved out and my mom threw them away. I still have all of mine. Now, it's been many, many, many years since I, you know, bought a whole bunch of new cards. But like my cards from the late eighties that I'm meticulously organized, every team in alphabetical order, and every player on every team in alphabetical order. I put him in binders. I still have all of them. I you know, we were told back then like this is this is going to pay off. You know, this is going to be something down the road. You'll be able to fund your retirement. I'm not sure that's the case, but they are still they are pretty cool, and you know, it's been interesting over the last four or five years. The baseball card collecting hobby is taken off. It's not an inexpensive hobby, but yeah, I was a pretty big card collector when I was a kid, and proud to say that I still have most of my cards.
Speaker 1: See that amazes me that it's taken off again, because I thought it was dead forever, you know, in the digital age, and nobody's doing this. But apparently it's red hot right now. And that eleven year old has a red hot one of a kind card, which is cool for him. My baseball cards all went in the spokes of my bicycle along with my friends the age. I had to add an Ernie Banks rookie card in nineteen sixty seven that I found mo and it went in the spokes of my bike because I didn't know better at the age of seven or whatever.
Speaker 12: So yeah, uh oh man. So you know what we had.
Speaker 5: What we had in the late eighties is you know, the card collecting really kind of blew up and a lot of different card companies came into being, and we had the Beckett Baseball Card Monthly, which was like the Wall Street Journal for baseball card collectors. I've seen it, and so you would get it every month, and you know, they would have every card listed and you would look at it and go, man, Tony Gwyn, it's up to fifteen cents, all right. They look at the next month, Tony Winn cards now up to twenty cents. It was a huge racket then, but it was it was It was a lot of fun. And you know that the card collecting thing. What it kind of took off again was during COVID. You know, when people were, you know, told they couldn't leave their houses. So what they were doing was they got bored, started going through their stuff and in many cases they found their old baseball cards and some cases found out what it was worth. And I think a lot of people kind of got back into the hobby when they were forced into lockdown.
Speaker 1: Excited about Championship Sunday tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Are you I am right, yeah, because I think we're gonna need it.
Speaker 12: Two really good games.
Speaker 5: You know, first of all, watching Jade and Daniels and watching Saekuon Barkley play in the same game with a lot on the line. It's gonna be a lot of fun. And let's face it, the Bills in Chiefs say what you want about both, They've had a great playoff history against each other. It's a franchise in Buffalo, much like Cincinnati looking for that long elusive super Bowl, playing against the team that has often been you know, their one big roadblock, and it's a Chiefs team playing for history. We haven't had a three peet before. I think the game is gonna be awesome, And yeah, I'm pretty excited, and I'm pretty excited to hear people will come up with ways to tell the rest of us that the games are fixed. If an officiating call goes.
Speaker 12: The long way.
Speaker 1: I love that. You know, they call Josh Allen Superman. But yet it was Patrick Mahomes horizontal throwing the touchdown pass last week, like we saw Joe Burrow during the regular season. I think there's still some question about who Superman is in that particular matchup, and we will find out more tomorrow evening. Obviously, here's my prediction.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 1: I made this, and I truly believe for some reason that Washington is going to go into Philadelphia and they're gonna They're gonna kick the Eagles out of the playoffs tomorrow at home. And I believe that the Buffalo Bills will find a way to lose again to the Kansas City Chiefs and in the Super Bowl, I am and I hate saying this, but I really feel it, Jadeen Daniels will become the first rookie to win a Super Bowl game against Patrick Mahomes. And I'm choking saying this. I believe we're in for a shocker of all shockers. Get your money out, go online, do your betting app. Commanders over Chiefs in the Super Bowl. That's my prediction. What do you think?
Speaker 5: I well, I think Washington's gonna win tomorrow. I think I told you yet last week I thought the winner of Buffalo versus Baltimore was gonna win the AFC. I still think that that's gonna happen. But you know this Washington team, first of all, jade Daniels legitimately might be the best rookie quarterback I've ever seen, might be the best rookie quarterback of all time. Some of the throws team makes are I think impossible for other quarterbacks to even dream of making, and Philadelphias quarterback Jalen Hurts. I'm not sure as one hundred percent. Their offense was better against the Rams. That can be a little clunky. This was a twelve win Washington team. You know, this isn't some nine and eight, you know, tunky upstart.
Speaker 12: They won twelve games.
Speaker 5: They were terrific all season long. They went into Detroit and offensively did whatever they wanted against the top seed. I don't think Washington winning the NFC, and I don't think Washington winning the Super Bowl is that far fetched of a suggestion. I think it's you know, maybe not likely, but if it did happen, I've seen some far, far far more unlikely things happen in football and in sports.
Speaker 1: Well, if it does happen, remember you heard it here first, mo egger, have a fantastic weekend, brother, all right, and enjoy not being in provo utah counselor what's going on?
Speaker 26: I heard that joke you told Gary Jeff uh. I'll tell you what, man, you gotta stop picking on lawyers. But don't lawyers odd to society? Don't you all ask questions that you already know the answer to. No, that's it's funny you mentioned that that's one of the first things you learn. Don't ask a witness the question that you don't know what the answer is going to be because you're stuck with it. And believe how many lawyers violate that.
Speaker 1: I am so beside myself upset once again with Mitch McConnell, my senator in Kentucky. He would do that game.
Speaker 26: I didn't make it up to watch the vote, but I really didn't think he would do that. Thank God for JD.
Speaker 1: Vans. I mean, Mitch has got to go. Well, he's got what two more years left. He has been a swamp creature for decades. He's worse now. He's part of the Washington establishment. He has no cares about everyday Kentuckians, much less Americans, and he just needs to go enough, you know. I mean, I understand Susan Collins, I understand even Murkowski. You expect that right exactly, but you know, is this what it's gonna be? I was shocked.
Speaker 26: Well, you know what, as long as now on, long as we got the tie breaker, you know, as long as it gets done.
Speaker 1: But I don't know.
Speaker 26: I'd like for some reporter to ask him, why did you do that?
Speaker 1: Mitch, you know what's the deal here? Oh well, I don't think he's qualified be Secretary of Defense. Great, and my Chinese spy wife doesn't like it either. What's on the short of there? Where do I begin? Gary Jeff? You so much to talk about.
Speaker 26: We got three guests today too, the Russ mock Him County GOP chair. He was at the inauguration. You're going to talk to him about that. Epic Times reporter Janie Heisel was supposed to be there, but her plane was grounded because of the weather. However, did a great article in the Epic Times about the people that were there. She talked to a number of people. I'm really looking forward to this. Last one eleven thirty former judge Kurt Hartman. He represented Gary Jeff, one of the January sixth defendants who was granted the clemency. We're going to talk to Kurt about that, about all the ins and outs of that. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: Oh and by the way, the reports of all the Capitol lease that were hospitalized after jin totally false. Totally false. They included like scratches and bruises as hospitalized, which they were not. There was only one person killed on January sixth, twenty twenty one, and that was the Unarmed Air Force veteran Ashley Babbitt.
Speaker 26: You know, obviously such overkill on the Department of just this as part. But that's behind us now.
Speaker 1: BLM was an insurrection. Oh but no way, mane. That was a constitutionally protected crafticjenuflect.
Speaker 26: Or make the sign of the cross when you say BLM.
Speaker 1: No, I don't, Mike Allen, Saturday midday coming up next and after the show show at Huddles Cafe. If you want to dip down into Newport, it's gonna warm up a little seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 16: Bill Cunningham is.
Speaker 24: The embodiment of the American dream.
Speaker 1: He's living it and he wants us to live it too.
Speaker 24: Happy families, good jobs, safe neighborhoods.
Speaker 1: And climbing that ladder as high as you can a better light. That's what will is all about.
Speaker 12: What's in your American dream?
Speaker 1: A riverside red sixty three Corvette rant with lots of horses, share a big bacon sandwich with Margot Robbie Wow. Let me tag team into that dream.
Speaker 20: Bill Cunningham, Monday at twelve noon on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: We all hear the radio ads about the IRS.
Speaker 20: They tell you to be afraid to be scared, and they try to frighten you into calling I'm not here to do that.
Speaker 1: Tax relief advocates is different.