Speaker 1: Welcome to Big for Society. If you have Bigfoot activity to report from the same areas discussed in this episode, please reach out to me directly after this episode. And if you'd like to be on the podcast to discuss a personal Bigfoot encounter, please reach out to me directly at Big for Society at gmail dot com. Do you wish there was more Big for Society to listen to you every week? Well there is now. If you become a supporting member over at Patreon, you get a special members only episode every single week on Wednesdays, and sometimes even more episodes. Head on over to patreon dot com. Forward slash the Big for Society and now let's get on with the show. All right, pick what society you've got the privilege of talking to Johnny today. Johnny's an individual, got a long history of being involved with logging out there in the Pacific Northwest and also in Colorado, and I've got some really interesting things to share on the show today. So welcome to the show, Johnny. Thank you, Jeremiah, absolutely, and happy birthday as well, sir.
Speaker 2: Yes, I appreciate that you got it in.
Speaker 1: Let's get right into it, because you already said there's a lot for you to share. It sounds like, so, you know, Johnny, I'm going to go ahead and give things right over to feel free to take us back to where we need to be when this all started for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So well, I'm my name is John and go by Johnny, and I've lived in the Pacific Northwest border raised and go straight to my first encounter. About five and a half almost six years now. I lived in a little town called Clear Lake, Washington, and I was smoking cigarettes at the time. Of course that's not a good out, but I would wake up to have to go to the restroom in the middle of the night, and would go down and go out on my front porch because most of the time it's raining, you know, whether it's spring or fall. But it was early spring, and I just stepped out on the porch and it was dark and lit a cigarette and like a thousand coyotes and a tiger war all at the same time to the point that it felt like, now I did it vibrate me, but it vibrated the front of my house, and I just kind of went and just kind of just threw my cigarette out in the yard and Alison locked the door and I was kind of just talked to myself, Wow, there ain't much I could do right now if that thing wanted to come get me, because as big as it sounds, I'm not messing with it.
Speaker 2: So and it was a clear and vocal because.
Speaker 3: Then I heard heavy footsteps, so it was I don't know if I startled, it is what I was thinking, probably because I noticed that in that area, when they come back in the spring, whether wherever they come from, they like to push trees out into the roads. You'll go like a mile up certain roads and there'll be a tree that the top just barely sticks out and the road a couple two or three feet, and then a mile or two later there'll be another one. But there'd be no windstorms or anything during that time. And then I almost thinking that they're marking their way that they're coming back in, and I letting others know that they're you know, traveling up power lines or going back to wherever their feeding grounds, probably on the early spring and through the summer. So and that was kind of my first you know, close enough that it really I mean, it really scared my pants off. And then we'll go to my second one, and so I'm by now. I've bought in a place in a small town called marble Mount in Washington, and it was a heavily timbered acre and a half, and being from a logging family, I was really excited about it because I got it for a good price and I could log it. And my youngest son was staying with me fifty percent of the time, and so I was driving back and forth from Marblemount to clear Lake to take him to school or dropping him off or pick him up. On a Friday night, I'd having Friday till like Tuesday, and I remember it. I dropped him off that day to go see his mom and he would spend I think it was Tuesday through.
Speaker 2: Friday or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: When I picked him up and I was coming back on a well traveled road out of Cedar Woollie, and it was like, I'm just driving along in my little Diesel Volkswagen needle and all of a sudden, a very young adolescent sasquatch just came kind of like it. It was like Michael Jordan. It must have jumped, you know, fifteen or twenty yards before the road, because it came down in the middle of the road and did a little stutter step and then jumped again. And there was probably seven of the Highland cows that were up.
Speaker 2: Against the road.
Speaker 3: You know, it was fenced along the road and it cleared the highland the cattle there, and then there was very tall grass that they hadn't cut for hay yet. You know, it's three and a half four feet tall. And by the time I got up to him, and I probably maybe an eighth of mile was all And by the time I got up there was gone. But I could got a real good description of him. He was jet black, kind of a conical head, very lengthy arms, skinny, though he looked he didn't look unhealthy, but he looked like he was young and skinny, you know, like everybody is when they're in their youth. But and then when he was stretched out his his arm stretched out, you know, like when he hit it was like one arm went forward and the other one went back. And I noticed a very almost a rangutang orange under his armpit, you know, like where he sweated at would be the color of He was jet black and shiny as could be. And as I pulled up in my Volkswagen, I'm kind of looking for him and then all of a sudden, just a fear come over me, and I'm like, what the heck am I doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 3: This thing just come out of the sky, is what it's like. And you know it had to jump. I would hate to say how many feet it probably jumped it to arc like that, I kind of explained it like if you ever watched Michael Jordan do a three pointer when he hits the top of the key and it seems like he's just floating up, up and up, and then as he as he comes down that arc, that's exactly what I got.
Speaker 2: To see him hit a double step and go.
Speaker 3: So that was my second encounter, about the same year as I had the screamer on the front porch. So then we'll go to the next one I have, which again is about two years later. And I've been actively logging my property and of course traveling my son back and forth. And it was Friday, and then I picked him up and we'd always barbecue, and it's summer, and I live in an area where there's a lot of bearers, and there's some cougars and boll cats.
Speaker 2: And and sasquatch. I mean.
Speaker 3: Many at times I've heard him screaming in the back or getting in fights amongst themselves where you'll it'll sound like very much a female and yelling at something and then they'll yell back and forth, and you know, me and my son look at each other and go whoa.
Speaker 2: And I go, yeah, that's that's fast, squatch. That's nothing else does that. So when we were.
Speaker 3: Where my property is, it's heavily wooded from the power lines all the way to the Scadget River, and so there was really from the power lines to the river, there wasn't anywhere that you know, they could go through there and not be seen.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately, my acre and a half had big timber on fifty two inches on the butt my second growth for unlock a lot of here, and so I logged it.
Speaker 2: And at the time I was living.
Speaker 3: In my fifth will, which was a toy hauler, and like a regular Friday night, we had dinner and we went to bed about ten thirty eleven and about two thirty three, me and my son were woken, which at first I thought that my trailer got hit by a car that come off the highway. They did actually hit my trailer because it through me and kind of like I was slammed my feet where you know, I lay on my back, so my feet went up against the wall. It stood me up out of a dead sleep, like something hit the trailer that hard. And my son, he was slammed into the wall. He was just he was, and we both were kind of dazed and we kind of went I literally felt like the trailer's wheels left the ground on that side, and so I thought a car hit. You know, sound asleep, maybe I didn't hear the crash. And I went to open up that door. My son goes, Dad, don't, don't, don't open that door. And I go, why Son? He goes, no, it's a squatch. He says, no, it's a squatch. Dad, I know it is. He goes I can feel him, and I go, what do.
Speaker 2: You mean, Keith.
Speaker 3: He goes, no, don't go outside. It's it's not a car. Seriously, Dad, it's it's a you know, kind of a swear word. And I kind of jumped him about it, but he was, it's a squatch.
Speaker 2: It's Dad. I hit that.
Speaker 3: I hit that wall so hard, and so where his bed is is. I gave him the larger bed that raises up and down that you raise up, put your four wheelers in, and you travel with it up. Well, when it's down, it sits about right in the middle of that wall. Now, when that's the asquatch hit that like a probably a football player put his shoulder into it.
Speaker 2: It actually broke both walls.
Speaker 3: And I still have pictures of my phone today where you look at my fifth will and it's like something bulged it out back there where it literally sticks out like six inches farther and six inches in where it hit. And unfortunately, the grounds so rocky up there no footprints at all. And so that was them kind of letting me know. I believe that they were not real happy about their super highway there being long. And it wasn't soon after that that I happened to be sitting in my toy haller and was I think having a snack or a cup of coffee, and it was dark out, just about dark dusk, the same here, but it was more in the fall and older sasquatched. It was probably around seven and a half feet, but very gray, very much a gray almost reminded me of like an old gray poodle color, like when the blacks starts to turn gray. Salt and pepper and it probably four steps, made it through an acre and a half. But I can remember as I watched him, it was one, two three, and he looked over at my trailer and he had a look on his face like he was so sad, Like he was visibly sad. He looked like, oh, you know, what's he doing here?
Speaker 2: Like you know, wow.
Speaker 3: That kind of struck me, you know, kind of you know that they have intelligence and they do recognize obviously when they're a little super highway there that they ran back and forth from the power lines. It has been logged, I'm sure between the one boatdog and the trailer and then the old one that was expecting to probably come out in the woods like it always has. And well it's clear cut. I'm quite sad. And so then that's that one. And then we're going to go to about a year later. So this has probably been about two years ago. And unfortunately, or not unfortunately, but I like to go to the casino. And so the back way to the casino from Marble Mountain is five thirty and that goes back through Darrington and you know, you can go back and into Arlington and you can go to Angel the Wind's Casino. Will I like to go really early in the morning, usually on weeknight, to go gamble.
Speaker 2: A little well.
Speaker 3: On my way back, I was coming back where there's a road about halfway down the five thirty in between Rockport and Darrington where you can cross over to get to the South s Gadget Highway. The Scadget down well as I was coming up, and it's a fairly sharp curve, you know, to watch it, just slow down at me think it is forty miles an hour. I noticed a this truck come out and it was local natives and they are allowed to net the socks toaddle, and so the truck comes out and doesn't even stop, and obviously they could see that I'm coming, but I mean it just peels around the corner, just sideways, and bodies are rolling out of the back.
Speaker 2: You know that they normally tie on the one end of their nets.
Speaker 3: And then as I get closer, this Volkswagen Jetna comes out and the windows are down and I can clearly see that they're Native and they come around the corner and I mean they're they're flooring it. And so I'm just slowed down by that guy's already slowing down to forty and then the big boy that was right behind him come out behind him, and it was a very large male Sasquatch, and it really startled me because of the size.
Speaker 2: I mean he was.
Speaker 3: He was enormous, I mean two steps across that road and it was no effort, and he had blood red eyes and they were the size of cubeballs, and he stared right at me, and he was mad.
Speaker 2: He was on them natives.
Speaker 3: And I think, you know, maybe this is just my opinion, but I've heard that through other tribes that they will actually come in when they're netting. The locals kind of know that they're hungry, and so they noted they pull their debts in and leave them some fish and then give them some space, and they will actually come in and gather fish. And I think these guys didn't have any fish to give. And I think it was not happy because it was right I mean, it was right behind them, and and what you could tell it was it was determined to try to snatch one of them, or try to hit the car or something. And then I startled it, and it was mad at me, and then it went off the road and I kept going. Now that really, you know, I'm scared that living crap out. I mean, so I floor it. I'm going to try to catch these guys. Not to say that I'm an habitual speeder, but my little car was a Mercedes. So I'm doing one hundred and fifteen to finally catch up to these people. And it's pretty straight and I mean this, and I'm smelling annie freeze and I'm seeing smoke finally come out. I'm finally catching up to the jetto, which was the last one.
Speaker 2: And as I.
Speaker 3: Got right up behind it finally and before they turned off, the motor was blown. I mean, the anti freeze was pouring out oil, smoke. I mean, they're and where they pulled off. I pulled in next to them, and they just pulled off and then they were kind of halfway went in the driveway, and I looked at him and I said, are you guys okay? And they just they did not want to talk to me. They were white as ghosts. They said, get out of here. We don't I don't know what you're talking about. We don't want to talk to you, don't want to see you, blah blah blah. But they were you could tell that they were scared, that that encounter that they have was probably scary, like real scary. And believing the size of that sasquatch and the look he had on his face, you know, I would have been scared too, because it meant business.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 3: It was not a happy camper. And so that's uh, a few of them that I've had, and if you want me to keep going, I have a couple more, and that would probably be about it.
Speaker 1: I got a few questions that last one. I mean, that's just that's you said, that's just two years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, two years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeh goodness. And and you literally see a huge, angry male sasquatch chasing after these vehicles down down the road. Holy mackerel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they were and they were netting at that time, in which they usually do.
Speaker 2: And yeah, I mean I was. I was floored by that.
Speaker 3: And then the funny thing is is I was going two days later, I was going the other direction through that ass curve and I don't know if it was maybe it's just me. A bird that normally would not be out at night was thrown at my I mean, it just came out of nowhere and just smacked my window right smack in the middle of the driver's window, like something was thrown a baseball at me.
Speaker 2: But it was a bird.
Speaker 3: And I was like, whoa, I mean, and I went, there's no birds out here, you know, because again I was on my way to the casino and I had a good night the day that I saw the big male Sas squats and I actually think it recognized my car, and I think it chucked the bird at me.
Speaker 2: I really do, because I hit my so hard.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was for me being and it was like it had some philosophy behind it, and there was no way that little brown bird you know you usually see jumping around the bushes, I don't see him fly that path. So that's just my feelings of it. But yeah, and I kind of went, wow, that's kind of weird. So I started kicking a long way after that for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The the Sas question that you saw, you know, running after these vehicles, and and you'd mentioned that it had blood red eyes. Do you remember any other details of the face of it.
Speaker 3: It was it was a not so much of a conical head, but it was it was just massive. I mean, this thing had to be oh, I would say twelve hundred pounds. It was a it was huge. All I know is is that it literally looked like it was walking. We took three steps to make it cross the road, and I mean I was like, and then have it. And when it turned around and it looked at me, it looked at me with hatred anger. You could just see it was. It was pissed. It didn't show any teeth or anything, but those eyes. I just I remember those eyes. And I could remember that look on his face of just discussed, like, you know, this guy just spoiled my You know, I'm not eating here today because of these three vehicles he or you know, whatever it took place, you could just tell he was not happy and so and I remember how big he was because he kind of turned sideways.
Speaker 2: My god, he was.
Speaker 3: His chest was you know, the width of his chest was brighter than my car, you know, I mean he was huge. In the legs they were like as big as telephone bolts. I mean, this thing was absolutely massive, very long, hair, kind of a blackish with a red kind of in it. And yeah, it just, uh, it kind of floored me. And I'm I love Native American descent. O GiB ojibaweh All my mother side didn't find out after she passed away because of the fishing and the boat decision here in Washington State and where the natives were allowed to net didn't sit well with the locals. So the family members were told not to tell anybody that they were dated just because people would get beat up and you know, stuff would happen. So I didn't even know. That's how well the secret it was kept in, you know. And I've heard that tribes have interactions when they're netting with Sasquatch, and.
Speaker 2: I know some are on the.
Speaker 3: Well west side the coronault in them and they don't get anybody around when they're neddy.
Speaker 2: They don't let any locals.
Speaker 3: They don't let any white people because they do they'll come in and start shaking trees and raising the little hell, you know, to bring in a net full of fish.
Speaker 2: So that's just one of my you know, my thoughts.
Speaker 3: I'm sure that one was quite mad, because yeah, I wouldn't want to run into that one. And there's also a rumor that says on the five thirty that the east side of the highway is the devil Squatches side say that there's a if you're picking mushrooms, you don't want to pick on the east side of that road. You want to pick on the west side. If you get in on the east side, something will run you out of there and it's not very friendly. And so I've always kept heed to that because I picked mushrooms in that area too, And then I'll go to one more in town, and then I'll stay with a couple more for our next one.
Speaker 2: If you don't.
Speaker 1: Mind, absolutely go right ahead.
Speaker 3: Just this year, of course, it's shantrall season and I love chantrell. So we're picking right off the five thirty, just past the Sox throattle tribe, which is you know, I won't get the it's general area, good mushroom picking all over in there. And so we're picking mushrooms. It's hot out, you know, it's the middle of summer. It's you know, and we can hear the birds and the squirrels are kind of chirping at us because they're mad because you know, we're picking mushrooms and they like to run you offward thing they do. And we're back in there quiet ways all day to football fields and kind of dance, you know, the bonding. Maples are kind of being in pain, and me and my girlfriend at the time just kind of noticed it got silent, and she goes, you know, it just got quiet, and I said, well, you're right kind of you know, feeling like the hair raises up on your neck and you kind of feel uneasy. I felt uneasy, but I didn't feel fear, you know, I felt like it's time to go.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like that feeling where it's time to exit the woods. Nothing needs to tell you, it's just you know. So we worked our way back out and picking mushrooms all the way out. I had her sit in the car and I said, hey, I'm going to walk down this little spur road here because I found some really nice ones along behind these really big trees. And these fir trees are you know, fifty two fifty three inches on the bed, so they're pretty good second growth, you know, they're not an old growth, but big second growth. And so I'm walking back towards and of course we're on the side on the east side, we're on the west side, so you know, we're not going to run a devil squatch as they call him, and I just happen to be walking, and just before I get to this real big fur excuse me cough, I happen to see something g listen in the sunlight. And it's probably thirty five feet away from me, and it'll grow stump. It has some ferns growing out of it. You could see where they had their springboards in when they cut it back in then it was eighteen sixties or whatever. It's a very large stump and there's a Sasquatch. It's sitting there with his arms and his face is right on his hands, and he's as tall as the stump is stumps. When I went back and measured, it was just a little under ten foot and so he was sitting there, so he was dark near probably pretty close to eleven and a half feet is when I figured how big he was unless he was standing on something. His head was huge, very ape looking rang a king, but very black, readily skin, very dark, dark black eyes. But that's what that's what made me see him, because I would not have seen him if it wasn't his eyes listened in the sun. I just happened to step right where the sun reflected off his.
Speaker 2: Eyes, and I went, what is that?
Speaker 3: And then I went as I stared a little bit longer, and I'm like what And then when you get that moment my cell phones in my back pocket, You think I would have pulled that out and took a picture.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I sat there and went, holy cow, that thing is huge. It wasn't menacing. It never blinked, an eyeball removed and muscle and I was like, holy cow, that one's big. And I go, it didn't seem aggressive, but it was watching me. And so I sat and stared at it and stared at it, and I went, wow, this is really crazy. I'm like within thirty five feet of a very large sasquatch. I mean, this one, this is real. This is you know, you're almost like face to face of this thing. And it's like nonchalantly just sitting there with his arms on top of that stump and his head kind of pushed in through the ferns.
Speaker 2: And I'm like Jesus.
Speaker 3: When I didn't know really what to do, because I didn't feel threatened, you know, I kind of had that feeling it was time to leave the woods. So I went ahead and stepped past that fir tree and kind of peeked my head around and see if he's still there. And he was gone, And what really blew me away is he didn't make one sound. There wasn't a tree break, there wasn't a crunch, nothing. It was gone and never made a sound. And that floored me. And I literally went and got in the car and started to drive away, and I told my girlfriend about it. She goes, I felt like there was something that was kind of watching us out there for a while. I said, so did I, But I thought maybe it was a cougar or something. And no, it was just a very large sasquatch. Whether it be female or male, I don't know, but that was that was one that kind of yeah, kind of the oh wow moment. I'm not in the top of the food chain here.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It wasn't aggressive, but definitely kind of puts you back when you see something that large that actually lives in the Pacific Northwest and coming from a logging family, this log since the nineteen forties. All my cousins and uncles, you can ask them about sasquatching. There is the word that they've never seen one, never seen a footprint, nothing. And tell you the truth, all the logging jobs I was on, all those years, we would never see a footprint or anything. So that's kind of I'm swear I'm gonna tie it up right there. That's kind of the meat of the fact. And then I have a few more that's happened here now. That one was just this last summer. Everybody knows, and like I said, the area is the Cascades, you know, Highway twenty and five thirty, and so those are my.
Speaker 2: Close and personal counters up to this point.
Speaker 3: And then I got a couple more two to share with you, maybe another episode if that works for you.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I mean, those are some some wild stories, and thank you so much for sharing. Johnny. Yeah, I do have to ask you while you're you're here in this one. You know, you've had a few sightings over the years, and you know when when someone is like Johnny, you know, a bigfoot or sasquatch, you know, what is it that we're looking at out there? What is it that you saw? How would you explain it? Is it more of a some kind of ape or maybe some kind of human.
Speaker 3: You know, it's it's it's kind of a very I call them a North American aide. I mean, they're they're they're not an eighth. They don't really have an eight. They don't really have a chimpanzeely some have a conical head. Summer, you know, have different things. And then from our from being ojibaway from Upper Wisconsin, you know there's interactions there that you hear through fork you know, folklora, and there's I guess several different species. I'm not an investigator or I don't go out to try to find these. I'm usually out in the woods either cut firewood, hunting, logging, or just minding my own business, picking mushrooms or rock hounting or doing a little gold panning or something.
Speaker 2: And that's why I live where I live.
Speaker 3: There is I can four wheel, I can be a baker or Shannon Lake with my ski boat in forty five minutes, and I can enjoy the outdoors. I wasn't expecting to run into any of these or see any of those. And just the last five years has been mind boggling phenomenal. I mean it's left me speechless. I've always been a believer. Of course, the Gimling film, and you know, I always knew there was something out there because I could hear him scream. I've heard a lot of vocals throughout the years and tell you see one, it's kind of really it'll put you back because they are very large, very smart, very intelligent. You know, they have facial features and from the vocalizations I've heard when I've I've heard a couple of them getting scolded by one and one that was chasing those two poor natives or those natives that were netting there. I felt bad for them guys, because the look of fear in their faces was was was some I'll remember for a long time. You just don't know, you don't see that kind of fear in people. I mean, were they're literally pasting painted white and there they're they're want nothing to do with you. They don't want to even remember what just happened, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I mean I don't think i'd ever I'd ever forget something like that if if I was able to be in a situation like that, either side of it, I mean your side or their side, really, either side has has got to be crazy to be part of. But you know, Johnny, thank you so much for for coming on the show the first time and sharing what you've experienced. And this is an area of Washington we don't actually hear a lot of so it's pretty special to to have you on to I think this is our first time maybe even hearing from Marble Mountain. But yeah, thank you, thank you so much. We'll be in touch for sure to have you on again to h to maybe share some more about what you've experienced over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I also have a roommate, unfortunate that passed away here recently of cancer, and he'd had several encounters in that area and in areas of Montana where he worked at and he shared those with me. And you don't find me stories next time. Absolutely, they're pretty wild too. So yeah, but hey, I appreciate your time Jere in Miami, you know, I really do. And by no means that I ever expect that this happened to me, But you know, they they are out there, and you know this. When you get that feeling that it's time to leave, it's time to believe. And you know, if you ever come across one, I don't know. I just always kind of just went, oh boy, that one that I got close to, I just kind of slowly moved in my recall, right, and then I didn't go mushroom picking the rest of the year there, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: And then and contemplating on maybe not going this next year. You know, I'm kind of thing him, Man, that's a good place, but I don't know if I want to go back.
Speaker 1: Yeah is it that good though?
Speaker 2: You know, you never know, but yeah, yeah, right, there's a lot very up there.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I do appreciate your time to your mind, yes, sir, and you have a.
Speaker 1: Have a good rest of your birthday, Johnny.
Speaker 2: I sure will, thank you, sir, all right, you bet my bye.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to take a few minutes to say thank you to you Holmand listeners for listening to the podcast. Please take a minute to help out the show by subscribing on YouTube, making sure you hit the bell so you don't miss any noteifications, and share the episode on YouTube with a friend. Also, if you're listening to us on a podcast, thank you so much. Make sure that you're subscribed, share the show with a friend. Really, it's all about sharing the show wherever you can. If you've had a Bigfoot encounter related to the following, or know someone who has, please reach out to me at Bigfoot Society at gmail dot com. Or pass on my email. Here's the list the Subtle Lake area of Oregon, Rainbow Oregon, McKinsey Bridge area, Sweet Home, pretty much that entire area, the north part. If you get what I mean, I'll see you back next time. Listeners. SASA Summerfest this year July eleventh through the twelfth. It's going to be fantastic. July eleventh through twelfth in Greenwaters Park and Oakridge, Oregon. And listeners, if you're going to go, you can get a two day ticket for the cost of one if you use the code b f S like Bigfoot Society but BFS and it'll get used some off your cost. Priscilla was nice enough to provide that for my listeners.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: I look forward to seeing you there, So make sure you head over to www dot Sasquatch Summerfest dot com and pick up your tickets today