Speaker 1: This is Orlando's rock station, one on one one w j R R. Okay, before we get into our final littology this morning, we want to strongly encourage you if you have interest in winning Metallica tickets. One little hoop for you to jump through.
Speaker 2: Just go get a vote in at the j r R Facebook page on which Rush song you want us to play back at nine it's for you.
Speaker 1: Say we play three Rush tunes, New World Man, The Big Money, or y y Z? Which one say you? And we'll we'll get that hooked up in nine and then we'll just randomly pick one of you who takes the time to vote give you Metallica tickets for their show at Raymond James Stadium next year.
Speaker 2: We have these again today and tomorrow. Go get.
Speaker 1: One. We've got a little, uh social media spat going between a couple of casual dining establishments.
Speaker 2: All right, which one Chili's Applebee's. I consider them one and the same. No, And I think I like if I had to pick between two, I think I'd go Chili's. What about you? Yeah? Yeah, not a nock to Applebees? I just oh, I like apple Bee's too.
Speaker 1: What's part of my answer based on is that the wife and I have been frequently frequenting Chili's as of late, and it's because of part of this situation here.
Speaker 2: It's that two. What's the for.
Speaker 1: The three for Me ten ninety nine promotion, which I mean, if you've seen the commercials or you've been yourself, you know you can go get a rock solid meal dinner for less than what you would buy the same you know, conglomeration of items for it most of your fast food joints.
Speaker 2: So what three do you walk in and have a I know you have choices. What do you usually choose? Oh? I usually get the big old cheeseburger to go with it. Okay, cheeseburger, fries, and what's the well you get? First off, you get all the chips and sauce. So you want you get a beverage with it? Okay, that you go. That's part of the three is the beverage? Yeah, well you can up size for a cold beer. Yeah, but uh, you get that, and then they also give you a side like you get a either a salad or a soup with that, and then you're entre Okay, soup, salad less chips and salsa, chips and salsa, soup or salad entree and a drink. Yeah, okay, four for me.
Speaker 1: And it's a it's a full size, it's not some pared down sized burger. It's the if you would have ordered the burger on its own, it would be more than ten ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then you said it better most fast food price.
Speaker 1: So that's that's one of the offerings there. They get a bunch of different things you can choose from it. But then Applebee's here they come, Oh what are they get? They're gonna low ball and offer theirs for nine ninety nine. Granted it's a little bit of a different combination of things or offerings, but still a really good value as far as things go today. It's another going back and forth. People are taking sides. Well, Chili's was quick to point out, you all are not able to go there with the all you.
Speaker 2: Can eat chips and sauce, so you just won't go there. That's a flex right there.
Speaker 1: And uh, yeah, the the choices are a little bit different, I guess as to what the entrees are, but it's I think this is good, I really do in two ways. Finally, these places are starting to realize, hey, uh, the consumers out here. We're getting hammered. Man, can you maybe dial it back a little bit? Which they've done?
Speaker 2: Oh, speaking of hammered, somebody said, don't forget about the monthly drink specials at Chili's. No, I think that's Aniplebee's, isn't it. They said Chili's. I don't know Chili's. Chili's always has the two for one going okay, now that's something to consider. I don't know where the closest Chilies to me is. That's the problem. There's one right up here announcement. It's not really close to me. Oh that's just outside of your zone. Operation God, now I'm saying because they used to have one right there on four thirty six and right out four thirty six, just past University Boulevard, which is there anymore? I don't think so. I think it was. I think it changed to Arugas. Maybe that was a wing act.
Speaker 1: But it's pretty funny. Partisans are jumping in and taking sides.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, they're taking sides.
Speaker 1: In our text line. Look both, I applaud both. It's a it's a good deal and I'm not knocking either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need it either, And thank you for for for offering those Oh wait, there is the winter park. I thought it was still there on University. I'm checking right now. Yes, yes, sir, ree pat it doesn't flow. I yes, rebob yet the address. Okay, yeah it is Al Samara and I stand corrected. You need to need to branch out a little there. Man. It's right next to great Value. It's near your home. Uh huh. Somebody said Chili's baby string out here. Somebody said Buffalo Wild Wings is copying Wingstop too with their boneless meal deal.
Speaker 1: By the way, this one server at the Chili's in a Popka is the most kick ass server I've ever had.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's like your uh, your your go to your face.
Speaker 1: She's just I've never seen someone just juggle so many tables effectively. She approached fifty percent tip in my world. All right, you know how tight I am? Exactly No that I was given all right.
Speaker 2: Somebody said, uh, Chili's also has and don't quote me on this. This is just from a listener. Chili's also has the all you can eat soup and salads until four.
Speaker 1: Check out what Publics has got going on. They're opening up two new stores in the state today. One of which I think is is in Central Florida. The other one that's really getting a lot of attention is down in Hollywood in Broward County to three story publics with a parking garage and boat dock.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, I remember there was another publics down south that had the boat.
Speaker 1: They have a place where you could get but this is literally they've built the dock off the back onto the inner coastal.
Speaker 2: Hope you can just stop in for for your passenger, of course, right, yeah, says you responsibly tool up and down the intracoastal.
Speaker 1: Wow, two story or a two deck parking garage, and the store itself is on the third level, the thirty thousand square foot store.
Speaker 2: I want to say Boca.
Speaker 1: No, there is another one down there that is it is similar to that, but this one is supposed to be like the mac Daddy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean what that's gonna make Okay, I'm not splitting the hairs here, but I am. That's gonna make shopping tough. You know, I'm a dude. When I go into shop Pat, I know what aisle are on and I'm in and out of there in a minute and a half, No, two minutes, we'll say when you contemplating taking a boat to publics now, No, now I'm looking at now I have two floors of food. No, no, no, the parking garage is two floors, two deck parking garage, and then the store is on the third level. Okay, I thought it was parking garage one level, and then store, store, more store and more store. Publics is building up. That's uh well, I mean look at real estate. You can't really build out right. No, that's efficient use you know.
Speaker 1: Check that South Ocean Drive in Hollywood opens today.
Speaker 2: You can't beat the margarita as an apple be Somebody said, well again, both those.
Speaker 1: Places have their uh have their own this it's a nice doc Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: You could just go and hang out on it. You can fish off there, or you can just buy fish at the publics behind you. Somebody said, uh, yeah, where I was getting confused, Pat with the chilis in winter Park? You ready? Yeah? Is Arugas is that old wing house down there? Remember the wing house that we worked at a few times. Yeah, that went to change into Arugas. And I don't even know if Arugas is.
Speaker 1: That other publix is on NARCUSI and Saint Cloud forty eight thousand square feet.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, Saint Cloud represent.
Speaker 1: In the pharmacy, the adjacent liquor store, and the upstairs seating area, which is a it's a new feature in these new configurations of the publics.
Speaker 2: They need to slap these drink and go things. The pores. Yeah, the pores in every publix. This one looks like it has that. Yeah mm hmm poors, Pour me a cold beer and get to shopping. Finally, there's this. This just kind of came out of nowhere. Elton John his eyes, he remember he was blind with his husband's Yeah, yes, well we didn't know what it was from. But I have some psych problems. I guess what. Stop. No, it's not that.
Speaker 1: Elton John says marijuana is addictive in a Gateway drug and says that the legalization of in America and Canada is one.
Speaker 2: Of the greatest mistakes of all time. Hmm. I want to take him as someone to uh, yeah, well it could absolutely yes, it's a for the glaucoma.
Speaker 1: It's uh absolutely his you know, right to have his opinion on this. But I just didn't think he would jump into this debate. Yeah, he was named Icon of the Year category for Time. Yeah, that's ironic, ironic, he says. I maintained that it's addictive, it leads to other drugs, and when you're stoned, and I've been stoned, you don't think normally. Leasing legalizing marijuana in America and Canada is one of the greatest mistakes of all time.
Speaker 2: That's why you get stoned. So you don't think normally. Elton says, you make terrible decisions on drugs. It really upsets me thinking back on how many people I probably hurt. I guess thinking back to when he was on drugs all day. Applebee's three dollars, Marguerite is hammered. That's that's the promotion. Theres you go? Yeah, that mass market, that is the tagline. I kid. Somebody said I was just there great publics, the narcoussie one. I'm guessing, yeah, just opened at publics. Still.
Speaker 1: Please, we're on the record. Take our idea of the standalone chicken and deli stores.
Speaker 2: Hey, baby steps, they have pores in some moments. Okay, we'll get there. Well, I'm confident at that one. W J R. R.