Speaker 1: I almost didn't do the Minnesota Goodbye because my voice is horse today. And I think I said this earlier. My voice is kind of my superpower, because you know, some people are really tall, some people are really pretty, some people are really athletic, some people are super smart, and mine is like my voice it stands out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I don't.
Speaker 1: Walk around going, hey, do you recognize my voice or I'm Dave Ryan. But I'm like happy with my voice. And when it's not there, I kind of feel like, I like somebody cut off my arm or something. Yeah, So, and I think it's annoying. It's annoying to me, and I don't know what it is. It's not a cold. I don't know what it is. Bailey's in the other room making me some tea that's called throat comfort, which I keep here in the studio for cases like this. I don't know if it'll work or not, but that's where Bailey is, so it'll probably.
Speaker 3: Warm me up a little bit. I think. Usually obviously, the first like hour of the morning, which you've probably been up longer than that at this point, is rough. When your voice is gone, like usually it kind of warms up after a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe I thought it would be better today and it's not so. But the weird thing is, I feel great. Oh Bailey's back with the hot water. Thank you, Bailey. Jay, And I'm going to read this email while the tea is a bruin. Okay, Ready, here we go. Okay, Rebecca writes in for some reason, I found myself watching old episodes of Say Yes to the Dress this weekend, and I watched the episode with the one and only Angie Taylor. I truly didn't know she had an episode, But then it's been since she's been gone from here, because she left here on our show in two thousand and three, and I'm going to guess Say Yes to the Dress came out since then. Well, and it.
Speaker 3: Would have been when she got married, so like she wasn't married marriage y it's a say Yes to the like a wedding dress show, so it would have been whenever she was getting married. I think Kenzie that she used to be an intern on our show and now she's down in Chicago. She I think was on Say Yes to the also, or she was on something like that, but I swear it with Say Yes to the Dress?
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean they're both beautiful, so they're both perfect candidates for a show like that. I mean, exceedingly beautiful. It was so fun to see a blast from the past and love the dress her friend ended up picking. As a side note, the bride's name was Nicky Bart NICKI.
Speaker 3: Oh, so it wasn't Angie picking out the dress.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right?
Speaker 3: You bring like your friends along to like be like yay, and then like a lot of times, the drama is like your mother's like, uh, I hate it, and the girl loves it, and like really that's like the drama that'll come into it. Man, I forgot about that show.
Speaker 4: It's a great show.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: I had to check in on Angie Taylor's life after I saw her, and I didn't realize she was part of the layoffs in November. I remember Steve O got laid off in November, but that was a couple of years before. Is that a common time for layoffs and radio?
Speaker 2: Is it? I don't know that they specifically say November, but do they.
Speaker 3: I think what I've heard is that a lot of times it is because they have like projected the income that they've brought in in the past year, and then they're looking forward to the next year of what they're projecting they'll make, and so they're kind of like, Okay, well we only made this much, so we might need to cut this much in salaries. So yeah, it is pretty popular.
Speaker 1: Okay, last thing in last thing. I respect Dave in so many ways, so it pains me to have to tell him he's wrong about something. Oh No, the chicken McNugget is not the greatest fast food item, Dave. You talk about how amazing it is to me. It tastes like cardboard with a little bit of oil rubbed on top. Sorry, have a great weekend from Rebecca.
Speaker 3: Oh I wanted her to say what her favorite was.
Speaker 2: Then what is the greatest gas?
Speaker 4: What is I mean?
Speaker 3: I personally would go crunch Wrap Supreme. I am such a tacoll girl versus McDonald's, Like I would, I only choose McDonald's if Taco Bell is not available. If I'm doing fast food.
Speaker 1: Can we make that our our Facebook poll right now? What is your favorite fast food item? I would say mine is probably McNuggets.
Speaker 2: It just is.
Speaker 1: If I'm going to get one fast food item, I'll get a twenty piece nuggets and the hot mustard sauce, but I admit that you know that might not be your favorite. I would also say McDonald's is my go to, but I would say the seven later layer burrito is also right.
Speaker 2: Up there as well.
Speaker 4: McDonald's fries is my favorite thing in the world. Probably is not.
Speaker 2: Going to satisfy you, though.
Speaker 5: If I get a large, then yes maybe though I have been known to get a large and a small or a large and medium of fries, so I can have as many fries as I want.
Speaker 4: Oh nice, too large, as is too.
Speaker 2: Many ketchup or no? No, no ketchups? Okay, raw dog in it?
Speaker 3: Okay, probably the only fry do raw dog.
Speaker 4: With so good, so good.
Speaker 1: Yesterday somebody wrote in and they wanted to They were talking about replacing alcohol with some sort of THC or whatever CBD. Yeah, and this person writes in says they don't say my name. Yesterday a show listener wrote in, wanting to replace the caloric intake of alcohol and swap it with a similar feeling like a gummy. My advice number one, talk to your bud tender. These are the people that are knowledgeable and can refer you to the perfect product like a bartender. Bud tenders are the ones that work a dispensaries and they are a fount of knowledge. Does don't send everything in between. Two, don't be embarrassed. We're all a first time or once. And three my personal advice, try an indica evate pen before in edica edible. First, Indicas are a calming strain and sativas are the alert strain.
Speaker 3: Yeah, indica and in the couch is what the don't like to remember.
Speaker 1: People that have tried to that tend to have anxiety and panic typically have more when they're on sativa's. I can attest to that, so can Jenny. Also, edibles are a high you have to ride out even if you don't like your experience. You start to feel the effects within thirty minutes to an hour, and you'll be high for four hours versus a vape where you get an instant high that last like fifteen minutes. Way more manageable until you find your groove. Oh and if you're still interested in edibles, do not go over five milligrams to start.
Speaker 2: Yes, 'tis all?
Speaker 4: That's yeah.
Speaker 5: I when the one time that I bought gummies, Thankfully I went in with a friend who knew what they were doing. But then like while he was like figuring out his own stuff, the like people who work there were super helpful where I was just like, okay, hi, I don't know anything, Please help me. And then they were like will does it matter about taste or consistency? Like what are you looking for? And we just had a conversation about it and found something for me.
Speaker 3: I mean even Andrew, like who's pretty well versed in marijuana, he like goes into a dispenser and he's like, all right, I'm thinking, I like kind of want this, and they always help him. Still, they give recommendations every ting.
Speaker 1: I think that's what they're there for. I mean, they're supposed to know and you probably don't.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Next one is really interesting. It came up on the show somehow yesterday or maybe during the Minnesota Goodbye Trap shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we brought it up yesterday.
Speaker 1: I don't remember how it came up, but this is a woman named Jamie, and she said it's kind of an invitation. You guys mentioned my obsession and it required me to write in my obsession is Trap. During the season, I shoot average four to five nights a week various clubs. That includes traveling all over the state. I've been a leading female shooter at several clubs for several years now. Cool and I very much do not want to sound arrogant when I say that, but it is my passion. I shoot in the winter, I shoot in the fall, I shoot in the spring, I shoot in the summer. Dave, Jenny baileyvont Please, if you're searching for something to do and you have the time to try forty five minutes, please come to lovely Northwest Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Let me show you the sport of my life. Dave, no offense.
Speaker 1: But the reason you said you suck your words, not mine, is because you're most likely leading more than you need to. I'll get you where you need to be. Fun fact, it is truly one of the sports that it is one of the sports that is truly gender neutral. You shoot the same targets at the same distance regardless of gender. It is truly a competition of talent and ability. I love teaching people. I helped coach a women's trap shooting workshop last year in Egan. I've taken day long workshops with professional trapshooters and have shot thousands of targets. I've helped high school trap shooting teams as well. Seriously, I love coaching, would love to help you guys learn something new. Take care and please consider.
Speaker 4: Jamie field trip field Trip.
Speaker 1: It would be kind of fun. I'm not I would wait until it's warmer. And I'm going to tell you why.
Speaker 3: Well, she said season two, So it's not in season right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, no, she does it all the time. She says, I shoot in winter, spring, summer, and foma.
Speaker 3: So she said, oh. At one point she said in season, I shoot like four or five nights a week.
Speaker 1: So uh yeah, during the season, she says. So, I don't know, but I did it in the wintertime down in probably Shockapie, and it was so cold it was miserable. And so if we do it, Jamie, maybe we'll postpone until the warmer weather.
Speaker 4: Yes, I want to. That sounds so fun.
Speaker 1: I'm going to stop reading these because your voice it just is so annoying. It's getting worse.
Speaker 3: I can log into the email. There's more.
Speaker 2: How would I send you one? Okay, and then you open itup? What do I send it to?
Speaker 1: Jenny at katiewb Okay?
Speaker 5: If you want to email Jenny, you can Jenny at Katie dot com.
Speaker 3: If you have anything you want to just chitchat with me.
Speaker 4: About anything you complain about.
Speaker 3: I'm a chatty lady, so you can go ahead and send me me meil.
Speaker 4: That one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I got an email, so I will read this and you keep sending more if there's more. Okay, Okay, this says good morning, my favorite people. I was just writing in response to Janita's rant. My son just turned six. He's on a competitive gymnastics team. And I paid four hundred and fifty dollars per month what for it? So, if you remember Janita's ranch, she was ranting about the amount she spends on her was there her son's basketball team, and then she also volunteers her time at like games and stuff, and so it says four hundred and fifty dollars per month, plus you're required to volunteer for at least four events, and it is long hours of either selling tickets or setting up or taking down, which is very strenuous. And it was thousands of dollars to pay for his uniform and each individual meet. So unfortunately, nothing is cheap anymore. I don't know how people do it with multiple children. Anyways, that's my rant.
Speaker 4: For the day.
Speaker 3: Love all of you have a great weekend. That comes from Christy. I wanted to be in gymnastics so bad growing up, but I do remember it being one of the more expensive sports and my mom we just didn't have the money. So my mom was like, no, right.
Speaker 4: That's wild.
Speaker 5: I was so yesterday I was judging a one at competition, which is like a theater thing in high school, and I was for some reason, my mind went to Juanita's rant and thinking about how much it cost. And every play that you did in high school was one hundred dollars and then doing speech was one hundred dollars. So I did three shows and speech, so that was four hundred dollars total for the whole year.
Speaker 3: So what is the hundred dollars? Like, what does that go to for everyone in the play?
Speaker 5: For the play, it's like your set pieces, costume pieces, like the pays the set direct or, the set designer and the director as well. So like it makes sense, but like four hundred and fifty dollars per month is wild to me, where it's like, what are you paying for?
Speaker 4: What is all of that money going to?
Speaker 2: Does?
Speaker 3: I would assume because coaches obviously get paid, right, And I know it's not always a lot of money, but maybe some of that goes to a coach, but I know that the school probably directly pays the coach too. Maybe that maybe the coaches don't get paid much or at.
Speaker 4: All, but oh they, I mean, they do get paid. I'm sure.
Speaker 5: I assume if it's four hundred and fifty dollars, those coaches better be paid really well. And if not, that school is sitting on that money to use for like the football program or something, because that's what mine does anyway.
Speaker 3: But towards activities.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that's four hundred and fifty dollars is too much money. So if you want a cheaper activity, take your kid out of a sport.
Speaker 3: The arts convince that that their love for football is is.
Speaker 4: Actually your name, their love for Peter instead. Oh my gosh, wild All right, we've got another one.
Speaker 3: This one comes in from Neil says, I hope y'all are staying warm. I'm writing me because I had the strangest dream the other night. For some reason, the world was all a buzz because of Jenny, and she was going to become the next big thing. In the dream, I bumped into her at an event here in Atlanta, and she was really nice and told me that NBC discovered her and was going to make her a star. She was getting her own sitcom and was headed to LA. The show was going to be called Wait for It, Jenny. I asked her about the morning show and she said she was going to have to leave it since there wouldn't be enough time since this new TV show would take up all her time. She said they would have to hire a replacement. And of course we made some jokes about Drake coming back. Well, and that's all I recall. Anyway, it got me thinking, if you had your own sitcom or TV show, what would the theme song be? Would you want something original or is there an existing song that would capture the vibe of your show? Love the podcast and the show of course, and that comes from Neil, he says, dart Lick and out of Atlanta. What an interesting dream. Shout out Neil Bailey. What would do you know what your TV show would be? The song?
Speaker 5: I can't think of anything literally like put on the spot?
Speaker 4: Like what's the theme song?
Speaker 5: Something quirky and stupid with like I don't know a banjo in it and maybe a harmonica or a kazoo that would make sense. I always like if somebody says, like, what's your theme or your sitcom? I always think of New Girl because I feel like I'm comparable to Jess a New Girl.
Speaker 4: But I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I feel like my theme song would have to be orchestrated originally by some kind of composer, yeah, with fun like do do Do Do Do Do do kind of music.
Speaker 4: I don't know, you, Jenny.
Speaker 3: I think i'd probably do an original one too, or like a little bit of a mix. But the thing is is like I don't really see myself having like a sitcom. Mine would be more of more of a reality TV show of like outdoor Adventures, Adventures or something, So it would probably be a little bit more like eight m like fast paced action based, you know, like.
Speaker 4: Jump cut, jump cut, jump cut exactly.
Speaker 3: So you know, like me doing some big jump off of a mountain or something and then all of a sudden, like the music like just pans in really quick, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Mixed with reality television drama, so like someone's throwing a like a glass at you and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, you know me, jump cut, jump cut jump cut, Dave.
Speaker 3: Do you want to answer that or do you not want to talk right now?
Speaker 2: No? I don't really want to talk right now.
Speaker 3: I just I just I didn't want to ignore you, So I don't mind being ignored.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 3: Drink your teasing at something there. I will say that I don't remember if we've ever talked about this on the podcast before, but I actually did audition to be on The Mole like a year and a half ago or something, and I did like an online edition. Then I did a phone call and then I did a zoom and I really thought that I did like pretty good on the zoom call. But that was where like they took that call and gave it to the Netflix executives to decide from there the final people, and I didn't make it past that. So I was like impatiently waiting for the new season to come out to see which blonde girl they casted instead of me. Because The Mole is a lot about like questions like what color eyes does the Mole have? What color hair? Like stuff like that, so I knew that there was gonna be a probably a blonde girl on there, but they'd only be able to have like one one. Yeah, and I actually really liked the girl that they casted. I think she was actually one of the more interesting ones. So this was the last Mole season that was on Netflix. There's been two like new ones of like the new version of the Mole. But I actually really liked her, and I was like, honestly, I think she probably did better than me because she like started a love affair with one of the guys I say, and she caused like drama and stuff. So I I thought it was a good cast, and I'm kind of like, well whatever.
Speaker 5: In terms of reality shows. I wish that I had been like I was, unhappily in a relationship. But I had wished I had been single when they were doing the casting for Love is Blind, because I would have eaten that up.
Speaker 4: I would have gotten like my.
Speaker 5: Hair, did my makeup, did everything so that I would look just as good as all those girls on that show and be like.
Speaker 4: I'm single and I'm just looking for the riot man just so I could be on TV. I think that'd be so cool.
Speaker 5: Granted they hate the people who were like, hey, you're doing this for the wrong reasons. I feel like everyone is a little bit doing it for the wrong reason. Was blind?
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, they are at this point. I think like everyone is. One of the things I saw when everyone was doing like the Confessions with a TikTok band. He was one of the girls that I don't remember her, but she was on The Bachelor and she admitted she was in it for the wrong reason.
Speaker 5: Kay.
Speaker 3: She was like, yeah, I was in for the wrong reason, and everyone was like, girl, we knew, Yeah, tell us we all knew.
Speaker 4: I feel like you go into it for the wrong reason if you fall in love.
Speaker 5: Hey great, Yeah, what a great Yeah exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, we'll wrap up the Minnesota goodbye. Hopefully, Dave Soye will be better next week and we'll all be back to normal on Monday. But you can always send your emails to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Thanks so much for listening.