Speaker 1: You're listening to Quincast, where we have chats about audio eradica and empowerment through desire.
Speaker 2: And we take you behind the scenes with the pros shaping the industry settle in.
Speaker 3: Things are about to get spicy and uncensored. It's Tuesday, it's five pm. It must be Hit the Spotlight recording day.
Speaker 1: Look at that like we do it at a regular time.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't it be awkward if it wasn't. Now I've just said that. Yeah, hello, ladies, how are we? How long?
Speaker 1: Good? Good? How are you doing smudgy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, really good. It's been a good week because it's only been one day in so not much can go wrong in one day. Even in my world, you'd be surprised.
Speaker 1: I mean, things can only go right at this point, especially with the hit Spotlight happening today.
Speaker 3: De Reims said in nineteen ninety nine, things can only get better, you know, can get better. I'm not the only one that knows that song.
Speaker 1: I don't know that name, but I know of a song. Can you sing a little bit?
Speaker 3: Things can only get better? Nope, No, I swear to god, you motherfucker you did that on purpose. If I get to edit this particular episode. I'm gonna put the song in so fuck you.
Speaker 1: So who are we talking to today?
Speaker 4: I'll hit the.
Speaker 3: Spotlight, ladies.
Speaker 2: You're talking to Nick Meyer today.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nick is a voice actor out of la with work being featured on Quinn, slash fic and articles with The La Times and Business Insider. Their pastimes include, but are not limited to, being a full time dog father, playing magic, the Gathering, and being an idiot online.
Speaker 1: Let's clarify that we are not calling you an idiot, Nick, No, you called yourself an idiot.
Speaker 3: No, we're not. We only call me in iyet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: See here you go.
Speaker 2: Look at that full start.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Well he's white and in the white room. Shure we bring him in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on and Nick.
Speaker 5: Come on in?
Speaker 3: Nick?
Speaker 4: Who? Hey, how you doing good?
Speaker 1: How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Going wonderful?
Speaker 1: Excellent?
Speaker 4: Hey you guys doing this morning?
Speaker 1: Doing great?
Speaker 3: Ticky boo?
Speaker 4: I don't know what that means either.
Speaker 3: My god is a very British way of saying Okay, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: For asking, Thank you for the lesson.
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you, Nick, Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 4: Very nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Excited to have you here. Chat a little bit. Smudge has something for you to start with, so I'm gonna blame her, then I'll take credit for it.
Speaker 3: We like to play a little game with our guests to warm them up, get them into the Queen car spirit. Yay. So the game. I'm going to tell you what the game is, and then we're going to ask for your consent to play.
Speaker 4: All right, Yeah, I prefer games that you need.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all about the consent, all about the content. So we have five well known nicks. We're going to give you clues, three clues, and you have to guess which nick we're talking about. And the game is called Nicknames. Do you have any questions?
Speaker 4: No? I feel like the game itself explains itself.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought, Genie.
Speaker 4: You're trying to run through my brain right now to think of nicks.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't because I wouldn't. Yeah yeah, yeah, So, nick Meyer, do we have your consent to play Nicknames?
Speaker 4: Of course? Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Here are your first set of clues. His real last name connects him to a legendary comic book family. He once purchased a dinosaur skull at auction. He played a historian searching for clues on the US Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 4: Nicholas Cage. Okay, well, this is difficult, right because you're saying other Nicks. But I don't call him Nick. He's not my buddy, you know.
Speaker 3: I call him Nick when I phone him.
Speaker 4: Up, and honestly that is on me.
Speaker 1: Yes, well done, all right.
Speaker 2: Second one, a fourth century bishop from Mira, inspired this global legend in Dutch folklore. He arrived by boat from Spain and he has over one hundred different names in aliases worldwide.
Speaker 4: Saint Nick.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pause there, alright.
Speaker 3: Yes, good old Saint Nick. Right, Okay, okay.
Speaker 4: I was a lot more worried. I thought you were going to do like real people.
Speaker 3: Well, Nick Cage, I'm sorry, Nick Cage, you are a real person, but you know.
Speaker 4: Give me another.
Speaker 3: Her image is often associated with shawls, moon imagery and witch like aesthetics. She helped turn the album Rumors into one of the best selling albums ever. Stevie Nicks and sang oh, I don't even have to.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm so sorry. I really I saw Stevie Nicks in concert. I was like nineteen years old, jealous. I was working at a tech conference in Las Vegas. For me, it was like a demonstration with like car company, a car tech company. I get off of work one day and we finish up and they're like, oh, you guys, hey kids, you guys want to go to a show? And I was like, I mean, sure, what the hell am I going to do at nineteen in Vegas? I can't go anywhere at nineteen years old. I get I get mean mugged when I try to walk with any routine. So I go to this show and they barely let me in Jabaria. No one told us beforehand that it was fucking Stevie Nicks. Oh my god, no, because they're just like, oh, this is just a sponsored ces work like whatever. And I'm sitting here going I'm with a bunch of fucking stick in the MUDs. I'm trying to yap in chat with all these people, and no one's having a kiki, No one's having a good time. And then all of a sudden, Stevie Nicks walks on stage and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like Steph Nicks.
Speaker 4: I'm like, guys, do you see this too? Am I fucking crazy? And they're like they're like, oh, yeah, we knew Steve it was what what are you talking about? Did we not tell you anyway.
Speaker 1: It was incredible, fucking incredible to be able to see her.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's been amazing.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 3: I know, I know her very well, and I call it Stephen Nicks.
Speaker 4: I'm more of a C C kind of guy, you know, and don't worry about it. It's like our own personal name. You're gonna say, oh, that's not really it's not really good name. And I'm gonna tell you, well, you don't know like that. Okay, run the number four. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: You don't have to never apologize.
Speaker 1: Bring on the stories. This is it, all right? Okay, there we go. Their name comes from a shortened version of Knickerbuckers. They play in the world's most famous arena in Manhattan. Their colors are orange and blue.
Speaker 4: I want to let you finish this one because I felt like an asshole last time the New York Knicks.
Speaker 1: Yes and no, you jump in whenever you know.
Speaker 6: It's all.
Speaker 4: It's not like I get points. I don't know how this thing is stored. It's not like.
Speaker 3: Technically technically the all no points.
Speaker 2: Let's see if you can go with it.
Speaker 5: Five five for five.
Speaker 2: It'll be if you get this one, all right, let's see. Its name originally referred to a type of early movie theater. It's award show once famously covered celebrities in green slime, and it's the channel that helped launch characters like SpongeBob SquarePants.
Speaker 4: I'm not I'm not too sure.
Speaker 3: Voice.
Speaker 7: It wasn't allowed to watch TV as a kid, you know, Sponderbob.
Speaker 3: SpongeBob is pure.
Speaker 7: Face, absolute the depravity in that television show. Oh god, it's got a theme song. It's just just my name. A bunch of times.
Speaker 5: People must have said that all the time to you, Oh fucking god, every and well, the thing is, I love a goof and a gag, so it doesn't bother me to it didn't like, doesn't now bother me too much.
Speaker 4: But I am shocked that it still does happen, and especially from older people. When I was growing up, everyone and their mother did it. You know. It was always like he's, well, yeah, that is my name legally, Actually that's what nick. I am, the heir of the fortune. You nice to me, Come to my spider Man. But it's always a shock when I get hit with that, like especially at cafes or something like that. I'll be like a Duncan donuts in an in an airport trying to have a normal day. An older woman will be like writing the name of the cap and I'm like, you understand, it's seven am and time doesn't exist the airport. You know, when I'm at a at an airport, you know, I've already got a lot of problems.
Speaker 3: So well now they're going to call me Nick Cage.
Speaker 4: So sorry, Nicholas, not like that.
Speaker 3: You You and CC you, me and Stephen. I'm still confused. Well you'll be You'll be happy to know, Nick, that is the game is over.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: Five out of five. Honestly, I need to make these games harder. They have a go, They have a go at me for making them apparently too difficult for the guests.
Speaker 1: I think Atlas is still traumatized.
Speaker 2: For Atlas, he still gets like shipped for it online.
Speaker 3: Well, first off, there are not many people called Nick who are well.
Speaker 4: Known for a long time. Anytime you looked at my Nameick Meyer or Nicholas Meyer, and there were two people. One is American TV yes slash movie producer Nicholas Myer, and he still comes up when you look up Nick Meyer on IMDb because my ID is not fleshed out very well. Oftentimes I'll get especially when I'm doing producer jobs, They're like, oh my god, he produced fast and furious for like.
Speaker 1: Yes I did.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, I was, like I think I was fifty fourteen, maybe maybe thirty. Yeah, I was like I was. I was. I was running like the navy, you know.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 4: I was meeting our deadlines like nobody's business, and I was the line producer. I'm sitting there budgeting. I'm like, I don't know how much a fucking doll cart cost or rent.
Speaker 6: Man, I can't drive.
Speaker 2: It is funny, Nick that you say that, because like, I was on your IMDb page looking at things, and it does say at the bottom it says not to be confused with. He like comes right out and says not to be confused with.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, no. I saw when they added that. When they added that, I was like me, you sh shit hot, Yeah, his page, because.
Speaker 3: I wonder if he does. Have you been on their pages? Is it on their pages as well? That'd be rude if it wasn't.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm going to fuck with Wikipedia later today. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I read that you've been acting since you was sixteen?
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, get more or less?
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, So when did you kind of realize that it wasn't just a bit of a hobby maybe, and that you were going to actually be serious about it.
Speaker 4: How I got started with performance in general. I was thirteen up in Michigan, just north to Detroit, and my sister was a longtime singer, performer, et cetera. A year older than I am. And this is going to make me sound hilariously ridiculous, but thirteen years old, my sister a choir show and all of the after parties were at a place called Tony Island. It was like essentially a more family owned Denny's, and they had after parties for all the performances there. And I went, I'm thirteen, and I you know, traps in there. I had met a lot of the people inquire at that point through various you know, having parties at the house whatever, and I met the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life. I didn't know how to say a word, and usually I've always been a talker, so I was like, hey, you get fries with your burger tonight? Cool? Smooth, It's really cool. Yeah, it's good work. I want you. But I immediately walked away from that and I ran over to my sister and I go, do they are they all like that? Are they all like that? In choir? And She's like, look, man, what are you saying? And it inspired me to do a summer show choir camp hilarious and again ridiculous, But it was mostly because I didn't want to do I had to choose between doing football again and doing that, and I didn't want to do conditioning. I liked playing football, I hated the conditioning months in the summer, so instead I went to a different place to get sweaty and tired. And then yeah, I started, you know, performing at the heighs when I got into high school. Then my dad's job moved out to California when I was sixteen, and I'm like, oh, that's where, that's where are? You know, having a gross misunderstanding of what was going to happen when I came to California. But I was blessed that when I got here, a friend of mine's dad was a talent manager and I didn't know this, did not know this when over to her house, was hanging out, chatted with her dad for like an hour and a half, and my sister and their friend were very confused. They're like, Nick's really getting along with philm that that was going on. I was in there talking to this man about my hopes and my dreams and my aspirations and my goals, and at the end of the hour and a half, Chatty goes, oh, yeah, I'm like, oh, what do you do? You know? I'd asked him a bunch of other questions about life and none about work. I was like, you know, where'd you grow up? You know you have any siblings' what.
Speaker 6: Kind of trouble did.
Speaker 4: You get into as a kid? For one that I realized, I was like, oh, I've never asked any normal questions. What do you do? And he goes, oh, I'm a talent manager And I'm like, really really cool, that's really cool man hiring telling Yeah, I was how does that work? So now to actually answer your question properly? Ro That was about when I started doing on camera at least auditioning. Started doing some minor television shows did like Investigation, Discovery a lot. I was one of the casting directors Star Children anytime they needed someone to be a murderer they called me okay, which I was yeah, yeah. Just to give context, I was about eighteen years old when I was told by a casting director you've come in now to read for like the here row. Like a lot of times I was auditioning for star football player, nice guy and whatever, and it never went well, never went well, because that's that's not my type at all. My agent manager were convinced that that was that was the line to run. And a casting director I saw three different times she goes, you understand, you look a little evil, right, And I'm like huh and she's like, no, no, no, not in a bad way. She's like, you you have like a an intensity behind your eyes that you can only find in someone who is evil. Wow.
Speaker 3: So it didn't sound by the second time she said it.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, significantly worse. And I was like, oh, so I'm evil, good, evil, bad? Nothing. Yeah.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 4: She's like, no, evil nothing, I'm not saying you are evil. I'm just saying that you would play evil very well. And I walked away from that and I looked in the mirror for a long time, and that was when I decided to to close my eyes to the rest of the world and be illusional for the rest of my life. And it's gotten well, it's got it's gone fucking well. Started doing that, started streaming on Twitch just to pass the time because I was stuck in my house anyway, and that started doing pretty well, started paying my bills, which was a blessing. And then by twenty two I had been berated by multiple people saying, start doing TikTok, you're funny.
Speaker 3: To do it, do it.
Speaker 4: And so yeah, I was like, all right, that was just your mom, Yeah, that was oh, yeah, that was my mother. Oh and your mom too. I didn't know that they did a book club together. Yea yeah. And I discovered the wonderful world community support between and discovered the life I could lead, you know, in a bit of a transactional way. I give you me, you give me money. And that was a really hard thing for me to understand because I from sixteen never didn't I always had a job, a nine to five or a part time job. There was not a point between sixteen and twenty five, twenty four that I didn't have the wtube some middle of a manager telling me what to do in parking at my faith. Yeah, so I didn't understand what that was like. And I know it when I say I give them me and they give me money, it's not quite like that. It is more of at least for Twitch and then for FanHouse for a while, and then Patreon, it was a hey, you know, I, to the best of my ability to give a shit about the well being of the group of support. Obviously caring too much about the individual does make it a little parasocially, but you know, I'm like, I give a shit about you guys. You know, I show up to stream almost every single day, posting these videos every single day, and there's like there are those like first twenty thirty people that supported me that I still have in my mind every time and make a video, you know. And at this point it's been six years since I started streaming, So there are some people that have been in my stream since the beginning that you know, we've kind of grown with and they're now, you know, finished college. And I knew it was going to be a job once I was able to quit my day job essentially one of the ones that I had at twenty five, and so it around when I started Quinn. So maybe when I was twenty four. That was when it hit me. You know, I grew up. I grew up pretty poor in Iowa and in Michigan. We my mom wears a seventy hour a week waitress. My dad was in the Navy, so he was on a boat for you know, ten months of the year, and then after that he was working at a sears so for a lot of my you know, pre fourteen fifteen, when my dad started working for the military again, I I don't know. And even when he was reading for the military, work was everything, you know, there was you had nothing else but your thing that puts food on the table. So unfortunately, as much as I believed in myself, I knew I'm like you know, I'm pretty good in acting and pretty good at this. It wasn't until I could support myself started to click.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. Well a little journey.
Speaker 3: How did you.
Speaker 2: Make the leap from acting to that bridge that's Quentin, because that's quite a bridge to cross.
Speaker 4: So again, this one starts pretty young. When I was fourteen thirteen, I was really into this book series called Aragon, the book about dragons, and prior to the final book being published, I was very disappointed the book stopped because I started reading when there I think three or four, and I'm like, man, these characters aren't done. There's more of a story that needs to be told. And so I wrote the next few chapters for myself, not understanding fan fashion, yeah and what it was. So I had written these couple of chapters of Aragon, and then I was sitting there one day like, I wonder if anybody else has written any chapters about Aragon, you know, maybe somebody else felt the same way as being. And that's how I discovered, you know, a number of different websites, and so I began writing fan fiction for those websites when I was fourteen, and of course no one knew I was fourteen. I was I was loudly saying I'm I'm twenty, which no one believed by the way. Everyone was like, oh, they're eighteen, saying they're twenty, and I'm like sure, yeah.
Speaker 3: Total To be fair, it depends when you voice dropped, because that voice is deep. So if it's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, oh thanks, oh that man, yes, I can do a pretty good you know, automated voice voice, you know, voicemail voice. And so I was, you know, riffing on it on stream, and I jokingly like, I don't remember how the Daddy issues hotlines started or where the original idea was from, but I was doing Oh, I was on stream and I was doing the thank you for calling Nick Meyer's stream, thank you so much for coming blah blah blah blah blah, and someone said, thanks so much for coming?
Speaker 6: Are you talking me through.
Speaker 4: In that voice?
Speaker 6: And I immediately.
Speaker 4: That kind of put the worm in my brain. So when I was filming tiktoks a couple of days later, I made the video. And that was back when I used to record, Like I used to post three videos a day minimum, and so I'd record six to eight at once, batch them all together, and then record, you know, post him as I could. I posted that one at seven pm, close my phone. I don't open TikTok. I used to not open TikTok like after I posted, just let it, let it sit, so I didn't become neurotic. Didn't work. Yeah, yeah, So I woke up to a bunch of comments that are like, I'm gonna suck your cock clean off. I need that. Yeah good, I need that. And the fast forward is, you know, people started tanking Quinn and my stuff eventually, you know, at first, I but I'm a negotiator at heart, the value of interest, and so at first they were like, oh, you should apply for Quinn, like there's a portal to apply, and I was like, oh wait, and they're like, wouldn't that be like really good? You know, it's it's you know, be consistent yet YadA, And I'm like, oh wait, I'll wait for them to reach out to me. And I did not a not a cockywaight at all. It was because for me, I had started doing FanHouse, so in my head, I was like, I'm already comfortable doing my payball platforms direct to listen, you know, direct to the fan. When I said I'll wait for them to come to me, it was more of a I'm not too keen on stopping doing specifically on like FanHouse or Patreon. It was not like I'm a bad bitch and they'll come to me. It was purely just I'm having fun with what I'm doing, and if I'm going to switch what I'm doing, i'd like it to be you know, I'd like, I'd like for it to come to me. I don't want to I don't want to hunt down a new job when I don't feel like I'm done with my current one.
Speaker 3: That's sort of how I felt at.
Speaker 4: That's that's how he began. And ironically it was they didn't even know about like my writing fan fiction or anything like that. They had just listened to my stuff on fan House, and I was like, you can, you can do this very well. You know, you do the director listener very well. And the rest.
Speaker 1: Is an over three million plays.
Speaker 3: You sounded like you were all like confident in yourself growing up, moving into audio erotica. You know, what's what's the story? What's the young Nick? Who was he?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: You guys want to see him?
Speaker 8: No, that sounded dodgy and expecting a picture just to pop up on Oh my god, that is another second time I've made a potentially sexual joke with no intention of being sexual.
Speaker 1: Literally like a kindergarten school picture.
Speaker 4: Oh thank god, thank god.
Speaker 3: Just just to be clear, we are looking at a picture of a young Nick, not yes.
Speaker 6: Anyway, we didn't need to clear that up.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry. I have so.
Speaker 3: And you're never going on into the podcast.
Speaker 8: Are you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, yeah, no no you are this is gold?
Speaker 1: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 3: So going back to young Nick, Young Nicholas, Yeah, young Nicholas, were you a confident person?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't say any of that confidence struck until probably sixteen, and even that it didn't like strike. I was a very goofy looking kid. I was born to and a half months early, so I was born cross eyed with a crooked smile.
Speaker 3: And oh I'm British, your teeth look amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I was, you know, born crossided, crooked smile. It was always was a very goofy kid. My parents are very goofy, very silly, very funny people. But I was the youngest of my family by a mile. You know, my cousins are all older. I'm the youngest of my siblings. So I was a very shy kid. Didn't really spend much time out about, didn't have any friends because we moved around so much as well, you know, being in my dad being in the navy, so I found a lot of solace in like video games and legos and books. So I read a lot. I was three four books a week kid until I was, you know, fifteen. I didn't get out much and having moved so much, I didn't really have firm ground to stand on, so I was always going to a new school, meeting new people. Never really got to discover that confidence. I was always like the new kid, I'm not super comfortable. It wasn't again until when I moved to California. One of the things that I really leaned heavily on was, oh, I've always hated being the new kid, but now I can just choose who to be now, you know, in a weird way, it was a what are the things about myself that I like? What are the things about myself that other people like? And I had this conversation with myself when I was moving to California. I was what do I want to leave Michigan with? And what do I want to leave in Michigan? And one of those very serious question I'd ask myself because when I got here, I didn't really know who I was. You know, when you're sixteen, you don't fucking know anything. You don't know yourself, you don't know anybody else. I was just like, what things made me feel good? What should made me feel bad? And so when I came here, I was I was like, Okay, I've made good friends in Michigan. I found some elements myself that I'm proud of, you know, singing, performing, acting, whatever. Let's lean on that, you know, let's focus on that. So rather than I'm an amorphous blob who likes to read and play video games, I am somebody with direction. I'm someone who wants to be an actor and will be an actor and wants to perform and will perform. And that resolution is what gave me confidence because now, no matter what anybody else thought of me, I was still something. And yeah, that's where the confidence came from.
Speaker 1: That's that's an incredibly young age to embrace that kind of confidence, like to step into I mean at sixteen, eighteen twenty five, Like, what do you attribute your ability to be able to do that at such a young age?
Speaker 4: I would die. Two things. I would say reading really helped. And also because because of my older siblings and because I was the youngest, we had a very tumultuous childhood. We had a very rocky childhood for a lot of reasons. One of the things that my siblings did was they observed the bad things that the adults in our lives would do and just kind of take it as bad and walk away from it, And for me, I saw how that hurt them. You know, they took on the weight of everything that everybody else was doing in their life, and instead I took it as like a learning opportunity of this is this is what's going to ruin your life, this is what won't ruin your life. Here are the good things I can pull away from this. Rather than just having like an end all, be all parent, who is your role model for everything, I instead went, Okay, I'm going to take the good and bad from this one, and the good and bad from this one, and the good and bad from this one, from every person in my life that I could, you know, find some understanding or life knowledge from. And it led me to become a far more introspective person because I was always placing my current personhood and my actions to those adults in my life and to those people in my life. So by the time I at sixteen, I was already every mistake, every decision I was making, I would immediately go into unfortunately it was a bad thing at the time it was. I would go into a spiral of was this was did my actions align with my current morals and values? Yes? Or no? And I'd asked myself that question a million times. If I hurt someone's feelings, or I rejected somebody that asked me out and I felt bad, or if I said something rude to a friend and didn't realize, I'd constantly be asking myself, where is this align in my values and morals? So by the time I was hitting that age, I was already I was already beating myself black and blue for every mistake I made. I was already going in and diving in thinking about every action. So once I was doing that. But the reason I was able to have that knowledge is, oh, if I can hurt myself with my thoughts and my feelings, you know, if I can like make myself feel so bad for whatever, and I could also make myself feel pretty good. Like I could also at the same time control my thoughts towards a positive one. Didn't get rid of the depression, didn't get rid of the anxiety, didn't get to the ADHD, none of that. But I was able to go, Okay, there is some merit to your mind. Is you only exist through your thoughts, you you know. And that's how I got to the point where I could say, at least I can be an actor. At least I can be a performer. I want to take that.
Speaker 1: That's incredible. No, it's so good. I mean that usually takes people decades of therapy to get there.
Speaker 4: And I still struggle with it. It's not a I still have a very hard time with you know, that spiraling, that overthinking, et cetera. That doesn't change. But I at least have had the tools, I think, to chip away in it. Now it's incredible.
Speaker 3: So your confidence sort of grew and your self introspection and your growing up. Where did you find this the confidence sexually to then move into order erotica? Was that a different type of confidence?
Speaker 4: That's very that's a good I haven't thought of that. I haven't really, you know, I've thought extensively. I should say about how I got to the comfort. I guess it's less about the confidence and more about the comfort. I grew up in a very open minded household my parents. My parents, I'm not going to say, talked about sex all the time, but my parents were not opposed to us understanding how sex worked. You know, what adults did, and how to stay safe. It was. It was integral in my understanding of consent and safety when it came to sex, because I was exposed to it at such a young age. And then my brother's seven years older than I am, So I was seven when he was fourteen, and he was going through sex ed and had his first girlfriend, et cetera. So I was by proxy kind of learning all the same stuff at seven years old. And I would say that the sexual confidence kind of came from realizing also at sixteen, when I had my you know, started having my first sexual encounters, I realized very quickly that sex was just was just interest. It was interest and observation. And because I was already doing so much observation of everybody in my life, when I was having my first sexual encounters, I was like, I'm just in there with my mouth between someone's legs, looking up at them like is this good? Fun? Is this good? I just look at it and I and so when I when I finally became you know, fully sexually active as an adult, I realized how how well that perception or that you know, that observation of the other person could help with sex. So I think the confidence again didn't really come from any stroke of like, oh, I'm the I'm the best booker in the world. You know. It was more of okay, you know, if I'm able to learn how somebody works, because that's how it is. That's all. That's all sex has been in my life is I I may I may be an awful you know, I may be awful in bed for some people, to some people because like we had a one night stand or whatever, and it's all, yeah, it was awful. It was like, yeah, because I didn't learn you. I didn't learn you. I I you you have, sure you have like your your five things you always do, but I didn't.
Speaker 5: I didn't learn how it worked yet.
Speaker 9: Or seven five seven six seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The confidence isn't just this like resounding understanding that I'm the best ever. It's more of a I'm willing to learn, and honestly I've I've ren into that a lot with Quinn, you know, with once I branched out from my own personal experiences or my own stories I wanted to tell because I did my first you know, one hundred something audios with no no other input. I was writing them all or greating them all, editing them all and over the last I want to say, almost a year now, so around thirty five forty audios. I've had a co writer for a lot of them, or who helps me with specifically the premises, who will send me over scripts or ideas and stuff like that, and that has helped because one it's made a collaborative process, which I really enjoy. I love working with other people, with the team, with whatever. But truthfully, I only one person. Can you can only fuck so much on the time, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, you can.
Speaker 4: Only you can. The average twenty seven year old individual can only have had can only you know they even if they had sex every day, you know, eventually, like you run out of way idea that you know sometimes, like I said, you've got your five things you always do. And I realized after doing one hundred audios, I'm like, oh, I'm doing this far. It was like I'm really just falling back, especially on the days where I was like rushing to get an audio and on time or something like that, and I'd fall back on writing. I'd do far less writing and much more just living out a sexual experience in my head and voicing it as I went. And I'm like, oh, yeah, I know, I know how I am in bed now, you know, obviously because I've done the same fucking thing, the same physical act, three audios running, and I'm like, okay, guess yeah.
Speaker 3: So that was when you thought yourself, I'll probably need some help, probably need some yeah, yeah, So.
Speaker 2: What was your comfort level like the night before your first audio ever dropped?
Speaker 4: My first audio was the Neighbors. It was the Strangers to Lovers Neighbors audio. Yes, yes, slat tire Yeah yeah. I was nervous as fuck, But because I had started doing it on FanHouse, I don't think I was super scared. So I guess a better better answer, a better question to answer is how I felt when I first heard FanHouse, because that was I wasn't doing not safe for work stuff on FanHouse, but I was doing as close as I could get. So I had done this stranger like the Neighbor's audio to a degree with none of the explicit stuff. It was everything pre explicit explicit, and I wrote I changed the story quite a bit and made it, you know, very different for Quinn. But I knew going into Quinn, I was like I needed to do something that I've already been thinking about writing or working on the confidence going into that. I was just kind of fucking around. That was the time in my life when I was you know, doing on social media like so much as social media. It was just me like throwing a camera on for two hours and recording over like random shit until I got so comfortable that the last thirty minutes was just you know, flowing out all of the video ideas. And so with the audio audio erotica. Honestly, for a long time, the first year of doing Quinn, I didn't write a single script.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: And I still even when I like when I would do my own recordings, I don't write a script and you can unfortunately, and some of my early audios you can tell. You can tell I don't write a script, and it's hard to get card to fucking follow sometimes. So I had the conra. I was really really nervous, and I had just walked into it and I was just fucking around at the time, just throwing out seeing what hit, laying it on the wall. So I was actually I was nervous about it going out there. I wasn't super nervous making it because I was just like, you know, I've already seen what works and doesn't work, and throwing shit out on TikTok and Instagram whatever, on YouTube and just seeing if it works, see if and it fits, and then also on streaming, I was kind of doing the same thing. I'd be live for upwards of ten hours a day, so you'll get to a point, you know. I was doing anywhere from four hours to ten hours almost every day on Twitch. I was like, you get to a point where once someone can see you and perceive you for that long, you're gonna bomb. You're gonna make You're gonna say something that you think is hilarious that no one find it's funny. You're gonna say some ship yeah, and you're as you're gonna put your foot in your mouth. You're gonna be uh, you know, insensitive and stupid and silly and bad and unfunny and unsexy, and all those things are going to happen. It's just about acknowledging when they do. And so doing Quinn, I was just like, Yeah, I'm just sitting in front of my microphone and I'm trying to see what works, what sounds good, what makes me feel sexy. I'm gonna keep talking until I get turned on and then everybody else I get turned up and eventually it it. You know, we landed in a general ballpark of it works. What good? Oh? This time it is because it's because I didn't call it my wiener?
Speaker 1: Was there a Was there a moment when you realized that people aren't just enjoying your audios, but that you're actually affecting them emotionally the listeners.
Speaker 4: Mmm. My favorite Quinn comment ever, which became a running joke amongst my friends for a long time, which was ie opening in the Little Scary at the time, whenever my husband watches the game I get my nicktime was essentially the comment mm hmm. And I it was my first few months at Quinn, and I sat back and I went, Oh, my content, rather than just being something you see when you're scrolling, or that you see on a bad TV show somewhere, this is something that people are dedicating time to go listen to, that they see it, they wait for it to come out, and it's having an impact on their sex lives, whether it's someone who is filling some gaps or somebody who is enhancing what they already have. That comment was whenever my husband goes to watch the game I get my nicktime, I'm like, oh, this is a married this is a married woman who is you know, using my audios in a in a supplementary way or an anti way for it to their relationship, like maybe they'dren't getting anything they want sexually. And that was when I went, oh, this isn't just a quick wink, quick rub yep, this is potentially impacting interpersonal relationships. You know, this is a this is a My twenty four year old boyfriend found Quinn downloaded on my phone and he's pissed. You know. It's stuff like that. I was like, oh, this can this can have lengthy, you know, lengthy impact on people's lives. So I would say that was when when it clicked, like cluse pretty early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So after that, did the relationship that you had with your own voice change when you realized how people responded to it and what it could affect.
Speaker 4: Yes, and no. I think the element of my life and that was affected was actually my sex life a bit more than anything else. With doing Quinn. Knowing that I was having this impact on other people, but I was also kind of in a way giving a piece of myself to them because so much of my audios were improv I wasn't just getting a script and reading it and depersonalizing from it. They were deeply personal to some degree. So a lot of my sexual energy was being used on these audios and it influenced my ability to kind of, you know, perceive myself in a sexual way that wasn't on Quinn. So as far as my voice goes and seeing the impact, I still don't understand sometimes about like it only being my voice. I'm like, no, it's not like just the voice. It's like they're writing and the editing and yah yah yeah, yeahda YadA. But yeah, it's uh, it's it's very odd. It definitely has had a lot of it lasting impact on my sex life. It's I'm in a good way, you know for most of most of the part. Most of the part it's it's good. But some of it is like now the whole world knows how I come, you know, especially after like my yeah, like after my Ramble audios and stuff like that, like those especially, I'm like, oh, yeah, now that these people aren't just listening to me like act it out like I'm actually doing any thing, you know. So it's definitely sound, Yes, yes, cats.
Speaker 1: And what is that like for you? And like to know that people are hearing the authenticness?
Speaker 4: That part is a little difficult because if I will say, and this is an easter egg moment, there is only one ramble audio where I'm actually getting off, but I and I will never say which one, because they were like five four or five on my Quinn. You will have to just guess. Because I've gotten so good at sounding like I'm actually getting off, you would not know either way. But the cat's out of the bag, and in the way I've given that element up, I think doing Quinn in general, I didn't have I don't know. You gotta gotta put you gotta leave the shame at the door. You know, you really do. You got to leave your shame in the embarrassment at the door. Yeah, so I think the cat, I think it was out of the bag by the time I started.
Speaker 3: You know, can I ask it what won't be a difficult question, though, Why did you do a reality ramble wang where you actually came that if you were you know, what was your mindset? Why did you do it.
Speaker 4: To see what it was like? To see what it was like? I wanted to to get to get off in general. It was actually my first time exploring my body. I've never touched it before. But the answer to the yeah right page of twenty five, I finally decided to see what was going on?
Speaker 3: What is happening?
Speaker 4: What's happening? I'm feeling taller when I'm laying down. Uh right. One of the questions I had received for a long time prior to doing that ramble was does it turn you on to know that people are getting off to your audios? And the answer was always no, And I still don't. Like. It's not like it turns me on. It's more of like it makes me happy, Like it makes me feel, you know, joy, like I'm like, I'm glad that I could help. It's more of like that satisfaction you feel when you help a friend move. You know, it's not like holding upen a door, because it's a little more important than just like a common act of courtesy and kindness. But it's you helped someone pack up a U haul. You know, you walk away from that that with a sense of I helped them do something that was difficult. Yeah, And that's what That's what Quinn is. It's I'm you know, maybe you don't have the best relationship with your body or your sex life where you're you're not as in tune with your ability to finish, and hopefully this helped. But the reason I did the the the actual audio where I actually did that, and why I'm going to say that you would never know which audio it is, and maybe I'm lying and saying that I actually did this is all mystery. But the real reason was I wanted to see if, like it actually was something that turned me on. You know, this the aspect of like someone is going to listen to it, And I realized very quickly it doesn't make me uncomfortable, but it also does not turn me on. Like it's not something that gets me really like really gets me there. It's like, because I had done rambles where I sounded like I was getting off before mm hmm, I didn't really like I realized it's like, oh, this is all the same feeling. It gets all the same feeling because my stories that you're listening to are my characters, and I right to the vampire that works at a blood hotel specifically made to get your blood sucked. All of that's great, yeah, but it's all still me, you know, So whether I'm actually getting off, or I'm not getting off, or I'm doing a ramble or I'm doing a fantasy story. Sure, you could be a tag listener, you only look for stuff that falls into the tanks you like. But if you're listening to me, you're listening to me for me. Yeah, so either way you're getting off to Nick a little bit. Whether or not I'm getting off doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: No, I agree. I know that I've grown sexually in my desires and what I want and my confidence and my comfortability around lots of different conversations around sex since listening to word erotica, and I would be naive to think that the creators and not doing the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it absolutely is happening. I've explored far more ironically I had. I had already like explored the S and M space and stuff like that, went to a lot of different parties and events and stuff prior to you in Quinn. That element I didn't really grow into, but the I don't know, the comfort level definitely changed. Actually, that that'll that'll be my questions has been on Quin influenced to your guys's sex lives, and I'm not asking in an imposing way or a fishing way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep, oh yeah so much. Yeah, Jewels didn't know she'd liked to be spanked and call someone daddy.
Speaker 4: Welcome to the club.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you. Als enjoyed spitting now, yes much.
Speaker 3: Right, yes, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 2: My husband's very happy also, thank you.
Speaker 3: I've been I've been kinky secretly all my life, since I was about maybe twelve thirteen.
Speaker 4: I've known that the proclippity.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I didn't come out of the kinky closet and we're open about it ntil I was fifty to.
Speaker 1: Say yeah, same, I mean I was. You know, I was raised in a very repressed household where you know, sex was dirty, Sex was bad, the people who did it were dirty. Uh, not something you talked about anything like that. Even though I kind of shook my family up when I came out as bisexual and married a woman, it was still very much like you didn't even think about or talk about people having sex, which really kind of think rattled my family because inevitably, for some fucking reason, when someone hears of someone being in a same sex relationship, all they think about.
Speaker 4: A sex all they think about it.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 4: Like it's it's the street man looking a game man going who's the top, who's the bottom, and like.
Speaker 1: A who's going and who's Yeah, it's like it doesn't there's so much more to it than that. It's like, why is that the first place you go? So so yeah, it was. It was quite earth shattering for my family to be like, oh my god, but wait a minute, how I'm like, you don't need to know, but yeah, certainly since Quinn and finding this community and other people who were comfortable talking about sex and listening to a variety of audios and going, oh, like we were joking with jewels, but like, I didn't realize I liked that. Oh I didn't even know that other people like that. I didn't know that that was okay. So yeah, I mean it's opened up conversations between my wife and I that I mean, we always felt like we had great communication, but when it comes to this, I'm like, I let her listen to some audios and we're like, oh, okay, yes, sure, you know. So it's been a really important tool in the relationship. For sure.
Speaker 4: It's so wonderful thing. But I do think stuff like that, the exploration of that is the natural progression of a committed relationship, going into like the different, different dark parts of what your desire is I think is part of a truly committed relationship in the lot and an ongoing healthy one. So if it's missing that, then I'm happy to know that that is an element that's being explored with the help of Quinn. Real.
Speaker 1: Happy to hear that, absolutely, I mean, it gives you the courage and the permission rights. It's almost like audio erotica has been this permission slip for so many people that they didn't even really realize that they needed. But yeah, I think you're right. Like, as res people talk about long term relationships, it's like, oh, sex is the first thing to go and blah blah blah, and it's like, well, yeah, if you let it, or to your point, Nick, if you let that deepened relationship that you've better for so long be a safe place where you can then explore more or different.
Speaker 6: And yeah, just does it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's well, that's I think I think truly, you know, so happy to hear that because in that relationship, that's where you say the really weird shit you never wanted to say that talk about.
Speaker 6: That's where you talk about the.
Speaker 4: Way you humped pillows as a you know, when you were first exploring your sexual id ideation, and you talk about it, and you go, you know, I actually haven't humped a pillow in like ten years, do you know? Watching me hump a pillow? You know, like that's that's the point of it, you know, that's the point.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, mine was calling me the right school so people, but yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Well that thing your partner can get one.
Speaker 1: You can get ropes up, get.
Speaker 3: The yam climbs a rope's summit.
Speaker 4: Wrong, it's an evacuation.
Speaker 6: I need to weigh out.
Speaker 3: Is there is there anything you wouldn't touch of an audio or.
Speaker 4: You know, there are the guidelines on Quinn. But I also I have I have a very strong moral foundation when it comes to what I create and just how I engage with the world. I mean, just in general, I'm not I don't laud myself is the most morally sound or like the best person ever or anything like that, or the kindest whatever. It is just strictly that I have my my little rules, and when I break my rules or somebody else breaks the rules, that like, not that I'm imposing on them. I'm like, oh, why would.
Speaker 3: You do that?
Speaker 6: Like, you're not supposed to be a bad person, You're supposed to.
Speaker 4: Be a good person. So with audios the same way where I I don't, I don't touch a lot of the common tropes in porn, in modern current porn, So I stay far away from the step. This step that I stay very far away from. That's oh yeah, Actually another big one. This is a very commonly requested one on spaces that don't have guidelines, is like stuff with C and C and everything like that. There are certain things that as a creator, I can never get consent. I don't get consent for my audios. The consent I get is somebody clicking on it and listening to it. Yeah, there are certain things that you can never really prepare someone for. You know, you couldn't prepare them for that, even with a title and a tag, You can't prepare them for the feeling that they have or how I'd do it right. So I would never do something that is so deeply complicated and potentially messy as C and C or as you know, anything like that. So I think that's pretty that's that's a hard line that I can think of. Off the dome, you know, off the top of my head. But other than that, I'm kind of a I almost missed doing personal audios because back when I was on FanHouse, you know, I was doing individualized on a Patreon because I kind of got yeah, yeah, So I used to do and I still I still do at times, Like you know, there are some people that I still that like still reach out every now and then they're like, hey, can I get an audio of this? And I'll still do it because I'm not interacting with them as fans. It's like an invoice and receipt and I'm like, a, here is Yeah, here is your eight minute audio of me doing some shit that I'm never gonna I'm.
Speaker 1: Never I was gonna say. You've done both MF and MM audios. So from a performance standpoint, does the dynamic change at all for you with the way that you approach the character or the energy of the scene.
Speaker 4: I try not to let it because I do like the you know, homogenization of the genders, you know, this idea that everyone you know can be the same and is the same. At the same time, though, I'm realizing in making my MM audios, the people who enjoy m m audios on Quinn have a different goal in mind potentially in this this is a broad assumption, so I guess I'm painting with broad strokes here. But if you are a masking individual or a man on Quinn looking to find mm audios, maybe you have a different like I feel like, maybe they have a different idea of erotica. But for the most part, I don't take the approach differently. You know, I've had I've had sex with women, of had sex with man of had sex with everybody, so like not everybody ever, But I was going to.
Speaker 6: Say every yea, yeah, yeah, I didn't. You're like, I didn't. I didn't remember what I said, only only only.
Speaker 4: So much sex. Okay. Coming to terms with my sexuality and my gender was was kind of like a Floodgates moment where I'm like, oh, I've got to I've got to go find out exactly what I like from everybody. So I but ultimately I realized in those experiences the times where I was expected to take a different approach actually made me more uncomfortable. And I understand everybody's different. So I would say I approach every sexual encounter with a new person differently anyway, you know, gender included or not, you know y. So for me, it was never like a, oh, this person uses specific pronouns, so I have to approach it differently. It was more of a I'm already it doesn't matter. I could go to two different women who both identify as SIS, who both you she, her and I am in completely different ballparks. Baby, I'm I'm with one that Yeah, I'm with one that's scared of getting head because of something that her boyfriend from five years ago said. And I have another that is that is suffocating me for three hours. You know, so already I'm in a different situation. Yeah, I'm gonnapproach it differently, but that's because you are a different person, not because have a different leaning. I will say the typical like West Hollywood gay, like the very common when you imagine like a cis white gay dude. There are those situations can be a little tougher because it does, you know, it's a lot more judgement It could be a little more judgmental. They care a lot more about your physical rants, you know, et cetera. It's a lot more like I'm you're nervous to take your shirt off because you're like, are you about to fucking notice everything?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You better be ripped.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, but again I'm painting with broad strokes. I think I don't approach differently. I just approach it differently in the way of every audio is different, every section en counter is different.
Speaker 3: I think that's exactly how it should be. It's not routine, is it. I mean, like you said, everyone's got their five things.
Speaker 4: I didn't know, by the way, that was an arbitrary number.
Speaker 3: I was trying to think when you said it, I was like, you do that, Oh, I already got the three.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: I was actually going to say, it's more likely two or three for me, Like I got the three. That that like, you know, most people would enjoy, and you always enjoy, so like if you roll the dice, you're like ninety percent of the time you're going to like.
Speaker 3: Somebody gave you some really good critique and they was like, oh my god, I love that, or they know one of one of their friends said oh I heard from you did that and they were like, yeah, you go, well that's in my back.
Speaker 6: Then then you go every single time.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm checking this on every player I'm.
Speaker 6: This is this is in my carry on oscar moment exactly.
Speaker 2: I love that you were actually trying to figure out I know, that's so funny.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: That is I can only imagine we're like all having this cond Like I.
Speaker 3: Think if I go back on the recording, I think I said there's five. Really in my defense, I'm submissive, So I have you know mine's like yes, sir, No, sir?
Speaker 4: Really do I say that?
Speaker 8: Do I know?
Speaker 3: Do I brat or do I comply?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 9: You go to.
Speaker 1: Stuck on the five.
Speaker 3: Didn't you turn down an AI job and cost your and like walked away from your agency?
Speaker 4: Yeah? So, oh mind I spend a year now. So last year I was with a talent agency for a while that at first it was for on camera commercial and then it transitioned over to voiceover commercial as well. And in that process I had gotten a few auditions from them for voiceover, not many, but a couple, and then they sent me a job pretty much a job offer. It was pinning for machine learning voices, etc. That was paying one hundred k they said upwards of one hundred and twenty minimum like ninety and it was for a month of work forty hours total of audio, which is nothing in the grand scheme for one hundred K. And that is just to clarify I was. I am not in the position where I could turn down one hundred thousand dollars. I don't know, if any I don't know. I can't imagine a world where I could be in the position to turn out one hundred k. It was a very obviously an AI leading job, and I just expressed my disinterest or my worry to my agency. I was like, you know, I don't really want to do an AI job, thank you so much. And it was just at the time, I thought it was just an audition, So I'm like, yeah, I mean, who would have known? Who knows if I would have booked it anyway, I just would have potentially gotten it. Yeah, And they were toward it and they said, you do realize that this is about one hundred k. Your voice wouldn't even be distinguishable. You don't even know what the project is. We have someone working on this. We can't divulge the name. Name says that if you are turning down a high five figure to low six figure job, then you're probably with the wrong agency and then plane and simple. If for a buyout of I'm actually this one, I'll actually fully read plain and simple. If for a buyout of high five figures low six figures, are willing, you are willing to sell your voice, which is not like your face or your voice with your name attached to it does not impinge which let's talk about the interesting vocabulary does not impinge on your earning game any way, Nor did you have a did you call to have a discussion to hear my logic or point of view? They didn't call me, Then I am the wrong agent for you, and you should seek another one and we should part ways amicably. Dude, you're smart guy. I'm using that you're smart guy, but you are still a smart young guy, and you truly have to learn to pick your battles. I have been nothing but patient and since I signed you and you've produced. It's that he goes on to say that I've done nothing to support my ownself. Myself, there's true, but anyway, just laid into me. Yeah, and wow, any level of respect that I had for the agency immediately evaporated because the whole the only thing you as an actor had, like the only thing you can do as an creative is say no, that's the only thing we have because we don't get to choose once we say yes. We don't get to choose where our art goes anymore because nine times out of ten we've sold it to somebody. So for me, like even Quinn, right, Quinn, they own my audio and perpetuity on contract. I am a in perpetuity creator, so they have it forever. So for me, the inability to accept and know from a client showed me. I'm like, oh, you don't understand what we're doing here because I am saying no despite the fact that one hundred thousand dollars would change my life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not a retiring and sitting there doing audios without no worrying about the bills being made.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So that is how it came down to.
Speaker 3: Did you have people from within the voice acting community reach out to you and say, well, don't mate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So a lot of good friends of mine did, and I ended up getting signed with a really lovely management company voice acting Management Company because of it called ACM, who's been wonderful and to getting my auditions and helping me find work. And then I spoke to NAVA, which is the North Americano act Voices Association Voice Actors Association, and it's for protection of voice actors because there's not a specifically voice accer union. I've met some wonderful people through it, and I've been able to get into some extra doors that were closed forget AI.
Speaker 3: What would you like to see as a change within the audio erotica space as a whole.
Speaker 4: God, that's a good question.
Speaker 3: We do have them occasionally.
Speaker 4: They've been pretty good. As much, they've been pretty good.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Edit that in Yeah, Yeah, do I need a smudgey You have wonderful interview questions?
Speaker 3: I think God, class class Daniel embarrassed me.
Speaker 6: What did we just become best friends?
Speaker 4: Yep. I'm also just vamping until I think of an answer on what I want to change. I think right now is I'm not going to say more money. I actually think I'm going to say I'm going to say like some sort of like unionization or support. You know that that's a that's a dangerous thing to say. It's like unionizing and everything like that, and I I'm not going to say that I think that is the current answer or anything like that. Yet. I just think think some more transparency amongst creators for companies like Dipsey and Quinn. So you know, kind of know what you're getting into.
Speaker 1: Shall we go to some listener questions?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So the first one is from miss Reagan Moore. This is their handles that we're using. What do you think is the hottest sentence you've ever said on Quinn?
Speaker 4: Oh? Well, this question was asked during the Actors and Actors thing and it's something that I have enjoyed and it gets quoted. It got quoted a lot for a while, which was I hope you know I love you or I like you, because what I'm about to do for the next hour is going to make you think that I don't or feel like I don't.
Speaker 1: I think jewels I've seen that please smudge is very excited.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I mean that line would just flow me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is ironic because I said that in an actual encounter, as actual encounter of mine, and I had walked away from that and I went, is it wrong if I wrote this down?
Speaker 3: That's not no, No, you need you need to share things like that with the world. Don't be selfish.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: The next one is from She's Orange How did you figure out that you can do so many accents?
Speaker 4: Didn't have many friends growing up.
Speaker 6: No, it was it was so you pretended to be the move from different everybody.
Speaker 4: I'm well traveled. No, it was I don't get songs stuck in my head that I do, but I typically get quotes stuck in my head, you know, like how somebody says something or what somebody says. So if I would hear somebody say something in an accent, it would play over in my head like three hundred times a day, an hour, really it would. It would be like a song getting stuck in your head. So instead of it being like mud stuck in my head, instead I have like I'll be back, you know. So it would get stuck in my head so much and I would start like vocalized it to get it out of my head. You know. It's like how you have to sing a song to get out whatever. So I started doing that with the voices and on a whim, like I just started for my kind of self entertainment. I would do different accents. I like, again a British accent before I understood the regionality of the UK and all the different accents up and I'm like, I'm doing a received pronunciation British accent. Welcome back to the BBC today. We're going to be discussing how fat my fucking ass is.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, well it's really done.
Speaker 4: That's my job, guys.
Speaker 3: I know, but I just thought you were lying no. Next question by writer k Chase, When and why did you start beginning your audios with your unique introductions.
Speaker 4: It's been I have not done intros in a long time. I missed those. I missed this a lot. I at the time, I hadn't been listening to many Quinn creators. I didn't listen to any. I think at the point, like id like listened to some at the beginning to kind of get a general idea of what people were getting up on there. Oh oh it was. I think it started because I was doing a transition between like the intro where they like met outside or at a bar, and then to where they were Oh that, yeah, it was one of my bar audios. We met at a bar and then we went home. But I didn't know what to do for that transition, so I was like, oh, I'll do a like, I'll just do like an intro. I'll do a filler, like a filler intro royalty free intro music into They're welcome back to this. This is called Quinn Gas the outro of. I hope you enjoy it. Now go clean up or whatever I want to.
Speaker 2: I'd have to bring him back.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you know what.
Speaker 4: He twisted my arm and it was funny because then, uh, then Noble does intros now, I think right, because they talked about like the what he drank zac pernactress to walk at his web web like he does like an intro thing and it's like a tag all the time, and I saw because of that, I was like, oh, let me like instead of doing the intros, I tried like I took it. I took some inspiration from him where I'm like, already do the intros. Let me instead try doing like a teaser for the sex. I guess. So I did that for a few audios. I didn't enjoy that very much, but it was mostly because I got a bunch of comments that were about exposition. They're like, all right, we get it, get to the fucking So I'm like, oh, if I put like a little bit of the fucking first, then I can tide you over and you know what you're waiting for. Damn, there have been many Yeah, get to the pull that thing out, pull that thing out, let's get let's get to the business. Let's get to business.
Speaker 2: Put your pants still on, take off your pants.
Speaker 4: I want to see if that shine You're not.
Speaker 3: Okay? Okay?
Speaker 1: From Lindsey goth Heart, what is your favorite thing about voicing erotic audio and when might we get that Nick and Hector collab.
Speaker 4: That's a good question. My favorite thing about it is I'm one of them, is consistency. I'm able to always be making something new, and I'm always able to write more or record more. I'm always I'm keeping my muscle toned and worked. The other thing I like about it is the emotional impact that I'm able to have. You know, when I was growing up, I want to be a doctor. So I was in pre med in high school. I wanted to go you know, I was taking physics. In college, I'm like, I'm gonna I'm taking biology. I'm like, I'm going to be a doctor. Because I really wanted to help people. I wanted to leave elastic impact. One of the things was I realized I could have elastic impact with the art is well well, because I would be leaving a movie theater and going, oh my god, that movie changed my life. I kind of want to be able to do that. So with Quinn, I feel like I skipped a couple of steps in the Yeah, I don't have a movie on a big screen in the movie theater, but I am leaving last impact and that's a blessing. As for the Hector collab, it is so funny. Hector and I we chat every now and then. We're just in different time zones. We're just busy. We're both very busy. Yeah. But you know what, after this airs, I will I'll start actually, I'll start working reach out to you.
Speaker 7: What you what.
Speaker 4: We would you want that collab? All right? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No I don't want it. I need It's different, Okay, okay, for the first for the first time in my stubby life, I'm going to say to you, do not deny congratulations.
Speaker 1: I will tell you, Nick, there's there's one person, one member of a community. I'll give her a shout out, Gabby that we're in similar online spaces, and every time she sees me, her greeting to me is a gift that has been created of you and Hector kissing and she knows it's my favorite thing.
Speaker 6: In the world.
Speaker 4: Every time. So funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll send it to you.
Speaker 4: I'm so happy to hear that. That was That was the takeaway. That was so good. I want to see them boys touch Hector.
Speaker 1: Hector just grabs your face and like pulls you in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that and then all of us doing pushups to completion. All right, This is.
Speaker 2: From Excuse You, Nicole. Your catalog covers so many tropes, any standout favorites and any that you would like to do more of?
Speaker 4: Vampires One bed is so funny and I I love oh, I love Protective Partner. I love domineering Protective Partner so much. Take all of it was one of my favorite audios to make ever. Yeah, so those three.
Speaker 3: Next one is from Jasmine's insta What does a regular day in your life look like?
Speaker 4: Recently it's been significantly busier. I've been trying to be a social butterfly because I was a recluse for a little while. So I've been going out quite a bit, doing a lot of game nights, playing a lot of board games in Magic, going to a lot of parties. But day to day Typically it's a wake up, take the dog out, smoke, hang out. That's my morning. I don't I have a really hard time starting work in the morning because my voice is still warming up. So I'll drink like a hot coffee and then a hot water. That's typically the start. That's how I start wearing at the voice. I talked to my dog a lot to wake the voice up. So cute to dog, I know, so cute. He's such a sweetie. And yeah, other than that, I do a lot of a lot of writing for some other stuff I'm working on right now, a lot of meetings and getting into the producing side of things. So I'm producing a film right now. And so right now that's been my day to day is just sitting in meetings and discussing casting and do.
Speaker 3: You need a white British woman. You don't have to answer now, it's fine. You don't have chance now. And I'm happy to audition.
Speaker 4: It's wonderful. I look forward to it. I look forward to see your radition.
Speaker 1: Tell us more about the project you have going then we can just skip into that.
Speaker 4: For a moment. Yeah, yeah, So I have a couple working on a show that's been in development for a while. It's that this one's my own personal thing. It's a D and D show that has been in the works now for a bit. The pilot's been shot. We're just pitching it around right now. But the film that I'm working on is just a little quiet. It's a it's a nice little hour long short film that a buddy of mine was developed and then I helped her find some funding and so I came on as the executive producer. But I've produced now. Yeah, I helped produce a few music videos, including like fondest music videos last year and year before. So once that started, I realized I've always been the Noah guy. Guy always happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: One of the common tropes, or one of the common themes online and social media was what the fuck is Nick Meyer doing there? Because I well, like when I first started doing social media, I very quickly met a lot of people because I never really said no to gatherings. I'm very quick to adapt to social situations. It wouldn't be hard to meet a lot of people. Whether or not we're like friends or more than like just acquaintances is to be decided. But for a while, yeah, it was like like when I was doing stuff for market Plier, It's like, what the fuck is Nick doing there? When I did stuff for Hot Top Victor like, what the fuck is Nick doing? You know? And then when I did that fucking social media shot would give me no money, they were like, what the fuck is doing there?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That just kept it kept happening, and it's it still happens to this day. Is why is Nick there?
Speaker 3: And then you end the day chilling on a sofa, cuddling the dog, playing a little magic caffering whatever it is, some card game that.
Speaker 4: I don't know about magic caffering. I like that. I like that. I like you with the accent a lot more. I think you should be the voice of it. Job done done. It would ready be in my movie What the He?
Speaker 3: Now? Can I say I'm a voice actor now though? Because I'm not done anywhere, I'm not doing.
Speaker 4: You can to me. I'll believe.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Nicholas.
Speaker 1: So, the final question we like to rap with when we chat with our guests is how do you define sexual freedom?
Speaker 4: Oh that's a good question. Sexual freedom is the is the ability to me to do what my body and my mind once, So every fantasy, every idea. I don't. I'm able to act out those things, but I'm also I feel safe enough to do so. So that's with myself, with other people, et cetera. So the ability to have a pure brain body connection with no fear.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for hanging out with us for as long as you have.
Speaker 4: This has been so oh I know, I look down. I was like, it has been almost two and a half hours.
Speaker 3: Has it been that long?
Speaker 1: Gone by so fast?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, what I'm hearing is we wore you out?
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, you're welcome. Yeah, you guys drained me.
Speaker 3: No, it's honestly, genuinely, it has been such an amazing conversation.
Speaker 4: Love, good chat, feel the same to.
Speaker 1: You are a funny dude and is pschful and brilliant like just yeah, blown away.
Speaker 4: Thank you, don't no need for all the glades, thank you. It's it's so I just I appreciate that a lot. I've had an absolute blast. I think this is another little side. One last thing, So, I recently joined a book club. I helped start well join a book club that a couple of musician friends of mine started, and it was spurred on by the fact that they they said, we feel stupid, you know, in the in the monotony of life, not not actually like in the monotony of life and you're going to parties and you're talking to like in this world, it's like you're talking to an actor or a musician and you're just having a bunch of nothing conversations, nothing of substance. I have the time for it. Like not diving deeper into your own thoughts and how their people feel. It starts to dumb you down a little bit. Yeah, and so I started joined the book club to kind of resist that quite a bit. Nice and I would The reason I mentioned it is I was going to say, this conversation has been very lovely and stimulating, very so I appreciate you saying that I'm brilliant.
Speaker 6: I'm like, okay, so maybe.
Speaker 3: It's working. I genuinely love a bit. It's good stimulation, right.
Speaker 4: I know, I know what's much I could have guessed that one.
Speaker 3: Nick, Nick, Nick, Nicholas, Nick, it's been brilliant. Thank you so much for Thank you so much for coming on to Queen Castangs.
Speaker 4: Nick Nick, Bye bye.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that was Nick Meyer, what a great chat.
Speaker 2: As I cannot believe how quick the time went by.
Speaker 1: There was just so much good stuff that he's so interesting. There's I mean, they're brilliant, interesting, like funny, quirky, so funny, like Jesus blown away, so good, such a great chat.
Speaker 3: And yeah, from the beginning knowing all about him as growing up to where he is now definitely been one amazing chat journey.
Speaker 1: And they're so young, they've done it all.
Speaker 3: And I will expect my audition notification anytime soon.
Speaker 1: So if you haven't checked out nick Meyer Audios, please do check them out on Quinn check out their website. Nick is everywhere. What the fuck is Nick doing here? So thanks Clitzens for listening to another episode of Hit the Spotlight with the brilliant Nick Meyer. We hope you enjoyed the episode. As always, please do let us know, let us know your feedback, your comments, rate us those five stars. Share this with family and friends. We would love that.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We'll be back again soon for another fantastic episode. But for now, this is Ben Caza. Your voice matters.
Speaker 2: This has been Jules go put those lips to good use.
Speaker 3: And this has been Smudge. Keep wanking in English