Speaker 1: Talk station and now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five Chaos E the talk station.
Speaker 2: Six minutes after five o'clock, Happy Monday. Brian is off doing Brian Ethings today and you got me, and man, i'll tell you what. You know, you start off the show prep and you start on Sunday and you start looking at stuff and you think, Okay, here's how the show's going to lay out. But all of a sudden news gets in the way, and we're going to get to all that on the latest stuff that we've got as far as the latest assassination attempt on Donald Trump and basically, folks, this has got to stop and somebody needs to take responsibility for this, and they need to take responsibility for it immediately, and it needs to stop, and they need to start walking back there crap that they've been saying.
Speaker 3: But we'll get to all that.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you've you know that when I'm in I usually not usually all the time, I post on Facebook what my show guests are and what we've got lined up.
Speaker 3: And let me just run through that.
Speaker 2: You got me basically news and views from now until six fifty five at seven o'clock, we're going to be talking with Ken Anderson and not that guy, the other Ken Anderson. He's an author and we'll talk about third Party Factor in November. And he's an author of a couple of books, and of course we'll be talking to him. And then from about seven thirty five, you know, after the end of the break or the news at the bottom of the hour, So eight twenty five more news and views and you know me, I may you know, I may come out of my shell today and I may offer an opinion or two. I you know, it depends an eight thirty five to eight to fifty five. We're going to be talking to Vic rum Man Sharh Ramani. He is an economist author, and we'll talk about his latest book, The Making of a Generalist an independent Thinker finds unconventional success in an uncertain world. So we'll be talking to him and a couple of things about him we'll get to later on. But you know, this weekend was very interesting. We had well over in Northern Kentucky the annual Northern Kentucky Right to Life Banquet Awards dinners, you know, a celebration, the celebration for life and it was a little I will say it was not a packed house, but it was a very well attended function and people were talking about or people were thinking back in twenty twenty two, after the Supreme Court rightly overturned Roe v. Wade and being turned back to the States that well, okay, this would you know, be an issue that be done on a state by state basis. But the Democrats and the so called feminists have not let this issue go. They make it seem that there's to be this country wide national ban on abortion and they don't want any limitations whatsoever. They're saying that, you know, they're all for women and so on. But and they say that we want to just go back to Roe v. Wade on a national basis and codify that. The problem is is that Roe v. Wade was open ended. There were no limitations. That's one of the myths. There were no limitations on abortion all the way up to the ninth month, right even before birth. And Hillary Clinton said this, said so much when she was running for president. And this is the hidden little secret that they don't want to talk about, and also one of the other hidden secrets in here, and people don't talk about it. Is the fact that Justice Blackman, who wrote the opinion, pretty much and I'm gonna paraphrase a little bit, if you determine when life begins, this whole idea of rogue goes out the window. And he went into this big discussion and maybe too much into the weeds here, but he did go into this discussion about, well, how has life been interpreted in the past, And he went back to the fifteenth century when they were talking about what they called the quickening when you can actually feel the baby kick. There are some I think some of my Jewish friends have told me that in some sex or I think I don't remember whether it's Reformed or Orthodox or whatever. I'm sure one of them will call me and correct me on this, but they don't believe that life begins until birth. And so when you have this, it should be you know, if what do we keep hearing during COVID, what do we keep hearing during the clminess trying to take over the world and this type of thing and climiness is a combination of communism and environmentalisms, so I just call it climiness. What do they keep telling us? Follow the science, follow the science, follow the science. Oh, except unless you're talking about abortion, unless you're talking about life issue, you know, because if they determine that life begins at conception, well then that kind of throws everything out the window, if you I mean, and quite honestly, the question becomes And as I tell my people that people that ever talk I talk to about this issue is I make the comment that if your pro choice, you just haven't thought about it long enough. Because if you start thinking about what actually happens from the moment of conception until the actual birth, where is it that somewhere if you were to do the ultrasound of the uterus and see the little cell in there and start growing and all this sort of stuff, when does this you know, ban of life start walking across the uterus and then jump into that fetus, so to speak. If you do nothing, if the baby is implanted in the womb and no interference whatsoever, the outcome is going to be a baby, is going to be a man or a woman, or a.
Speaker 3: Boy or a girl.
Speaker 2: It ain't going to be a giraffe, and ain't gonna be a dog, and it ain't gonna be a cat. So the whole premise of this business of well, you know, we don't know when life begins. Well, when stuff starts growing organically and sells divide according to science, that's when life begins, folks. And then this whole business of you know, these journalists and everybody starting to change the language because it doesn't suit their purposes. They're defending reproductive rights, well, folks, apparently nobody's interrupting.
Speaker 3: With the reproductive rights.
Speaker 2: Otherwise they would be seeking an abortion because apparently their reproductive rights are working just fine. What they are looking for is a legal permission to do a moral wrong. They know that what they're doing is not right, but they're looking for the government. They're looking for the laws. They're looking for somebody to tell them what to do or that it's giving them permission to do. And the individual person knows individually. And I have delved into this so many different times with different organizations, talking to people who have women who have survived abortions, because it is a trauma, no matter what they say, no matter what they try to couch, it is a trauma on the woman that a lot of times.
Speaker 3: There is regret.
Speaker 2: They don't want to talk about the suicide rate, They don't want to talk about the addiction rate. They don't want to talk about some of the other things that come as a result of the side effects of having an abortion. They don't want to talk about, you know, the fact that in some cases the man who tried to talk to a woman out of having an abortion winds up committing suicide as well. So all this stuff, But this Northern Kentucky Right to Life, it's a wonderful event. The program was the largest program that they've had, a number of advertisers, the number of people involved, and as I said, it wasn't a packed house, but there were a hell of a lot of people there. And this this issue is not over, and it needs to People that are pro life need to get off their butts, need to get out and talk, need to be bold and be warriors for life. And the fact that people will kind of, you know what, pretty much seed the discussion to other people and say, well, you know, I personally am not for it, I wouldn't do it, but I'm not going to tell anybody else what to do. Or men how sometimes they'll cop out and say, hey, you know, whatever you want to do, babe. You know the number of times I've talked to people that are involved with these crisis pregnancy or organizations that by the way, Planned parenthood and whatever, and the Left is trying to shut down and put out a business.
Speaker 3: But I've talked to.
Speaker 2: Some of them and they talk about how a lot of times these women will come in and they have they had talked to ten people, ten of their friends before they came in to get care and how to go through the pregnancy, and what options they have, you know, through the pregnancy and whatnot, as far as maybe given the child up for adoption, keep keeping the child, what type of things they can be done to help them in the first few years or encourage them to keep the child. And they comes down to they were looking for that one person, that one person to tell them that it'll be okay. Yet planned parenthood will take somebody at their most vulnerable, at their most at when they feel as though the world is crashing down around them, and say, oh, we can take care of this, no problem anyway, We'll pick this up and talk about some of the other stuff. Of course, we got to get to the latest assassination attempt on Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: I'm Kevin Gordon, fifty five KRS. The talks.
Speaker 2: Five nineteen in the morning, Kevin Mordon in for Brian's Thomas fifty five kr SE the talk station Hey by the way, phone number seven four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred eighty two three talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five point fifty on that AT and T wireless phone, you know, and talking about my weekend in addition to this right to life, and it's amazing. And you know, I have a little bit of problem with journalists, well so called journalists, because as I refer to them, the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. And for those of you that are not familiar with that term that I use. When you look at in Europe, they do not call these news anchors. They call them presenters because they're you know, when you look at the news anymore, they are not going out and doing the investigation. They're not going out and doing the man on the street interviews, they're not going out there with the cameras. All they're doing is reading off a teleprompter. And if you notice over the years, you see, if you watch certain channels, you'll start seeing the same phrase used over and over again. You'll see that on MSNBC, CNN, CBS, ABC, whatever, all the different alphabets where they'll say the same thing, you know, basically when you I mean, how many times have you heard in the same day when like Biden or Harris says something, then it's repeated. You know, Trump is an existential threat, Trump is this, Trump is that, and so on. It's almost like they have the same script that goes to everyone and they all repeat the thing. And so when I refer to it is that they are spoon fed the news and all they do is just regurgitate it to us. So I call them spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media. Problem I have with them is that sometimes it's not necessarily the news that they cover, which is bad enough, but it's the news that they choose not to cover, the news that they don't even talk about. And then the way they turn phrases and supposedly I would assume that if you're a journalist, you have at least some basic knowledge of the English language, and with the English language, you have certain definitions and certain words mean certain things. So you don't allow or you should be correcting, those who try to change the language, because, as the Communists showed us back during Stalin and Mao and all these other Communist dictators, if you control the language, you can control the people I mentioned in the previous segment saving reproductive rights. Why nobody's interfering with your reproductive rights. Otherwise you wouldn't be seeking an abortion. Which you're looking for is legal permission to do a moral wrong. When we talk about this gender affirming surgery, wait a minute, I'm sorry. You already have a gender. What you're trying to do is reassign that and mutilate yourself.
Speaker 3: So call it what it is.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to the life issue, and this is one of the things that really bugs me and has been bugging me well, probably for thirty plus years or more. In the newsrooms, they all have what they call the AP style Book, and that AP style book tells them how to phrase certain things, how to address like a you know, if you're right, a story about a congressman.
Speaker 3: How you say Rep?
Speaker 2: You know, representative like Thomas Massey, my congressman from northern Kentucky, Rep. Thomas Massey, and then put in parentheses are ky fourth or the honorable this or whatever? How you do these things whenever it comes to a pro life organization. In the style book, it says when you do a pro life when you introduce the organization, COMMA an anti abortion organization. So the organization is called Northern Kentucky Right to Life. If you see it in print, it's Northern Kentucky Right to Life. COMMA an anti abortion organization. They're a pro life organization. So should do you see anything about Planned Parenthood COMMA a pro death organization? Planned Parenthood a pro abortion organization. No, there is no disclaimer there, there is no adjective, There is no comma and explanation. Cincinnati Write to Life COMMA an anti abortion organization. Even though their name says pro life, doesn't say anything about anti abortion. They're going to add that phrase to it. And this is one of the things that we see in terms of journalism and the way they twist things, they turn things, and then they just regurgitate what they are handed and they just don't even put any thought behind it and even think about what the hell it is that they're reporting coming up. I want to talk it a little bit about this. I've been involved over the last several weeks. I got contacted by a person I knew about twenty years ago. He's doing this podcast and ask me if I'd participate in it because they needed a conservative voice. Oh boy, boy, do I have my work cut out for me?
Speaker 3: AnyWho?
Speaker 2: I phone numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR.
Speaker 3: See the talk station.
Speaker 2: The nine first warning weather forecast today sunshine, warm and dry. I look for a high of eighty six. Monday night uh to clouds moving in slight chance of rain. Look for a low of fifty eight. Tuesday overcast high of eighty one and Tuesday night staying cloud eight, mild, little low of sixty four. Right now sixty one degrees fifty five Parsee the talk stations coming up on five thirty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five CARE See the talk station.
Speaker 3: Well, she's you watch the Bengals yesterday?
Speaker 2: It seems to be one of the top headlines on every one of the newscasts. We'll go through the different stories in the different local media, and wow, what a heartbreaking loss. I got home yesterday after that Right to Life function over in Northern Kentucky, well in Northern Kentucky where I live, and got home basically in time to start watching the gag. Actually, the game had been on and think into the first quarter and whatnot, and I told myself I wasn't gonna watch because I had a lot of show prep that I wanted to do some things loose ends I needed to tie up. I was making phone calls pretty much well starting Friday, and getting in touch with people, and then you start playing telephone tag and then they call you when you're in the shower, and then you call them back and they're doing stuff, and so really, until three point thirty this morning, I hadn't nailed down my last guests. So it was interesting to say the lead beast. But uh so I got home and I had a couple of messages from a couple of the guests and we needed to talk about some things. So I talked to them and returned a couple of phone calls to people that called me and so on. So by that time I started watching the game, and I kept saying well I'm gonna you know, I'm not gonna watch, not gonna watch.
Speaker 3: But of course, you know, I feel like I feel like.
Speaker 2: Mark Mike, Michael Corleone, you know, Godfather three. You know, just when I think I'm getting out, they pull me back in. Well, they just did enough just to keep the pique my interest to the point where you know, you see the you know, a missed h extra point, you see a miss blocking assignment, you see this and so on, and then what they refer to as a heartbreaking loss there at the end, and uh allowing that field well to pass interference. Well, quite honestly, I don't think that was past interference. He was going for the ball. As a matter of fact, the guy kind of ran into him. I guess you could have called it either way in my opinion, and was and you know, so they you know, it's ever so you know, it just seems that every time you turn around, you know, we keep hearing the same thing over and over and over again in the National Football League, in baseball, in the very that the referees become the story, not the players on the field, and it just irritates the hell.
Speaker 3: Out of me.
Speaker 2: That's what's going on there. Hey, let's get to our first phone call. Let's talk to a dick. Dick, how are you A long time? No see no long long time, no talk to you.
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great. I'm behind the microphone. Brian's off, so it doesn't get any better for me.
Speaker 5: Well, you know something, I.
Speaker 3: Know what you was going to say. You've missed me.
Speaker 5: Yes, all right, I'm telling you to your point and everything going. And I didn't like that call either. I didn't like that call. Uh it was it was just you could see and I said, you know what if now they're going to you know, yeah, just but I want to say something though. I was listening to the postgame show with Tom Brendaman and chickwood with they were happier. I think Burrow looked pretty good yesterday, don't you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he looked on target. He looked like he was with it. Now, of course he needs to do a little bit better ball control because he did have that fumble, and you need to clutch the ball a little bit tighter because you know they're going to go for it. And once you get the reputation of somebody that will fumble, they will make you fumble.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but you.
Speaker 5: Know, I think they can build on this. Now, you know, I think they can build on this, and they should next Monday night beat the Commanders.
Speaker 6: They could.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we hope, so we hope.
Speaker 5: Someone to tell you to one of my friends. He's known as Uh. He's uh.
Speaker 6: Dave, Dave from Dayton, and he's uh.
Speaker 5: He brings me a lot of stuff.
Speaker 6: His family works at art Grass and he buys me these uh from Rowley. See, he gets me these jerseys like with Bengals, and he gets an embroidered and he puts stick from Dayton on there.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 3: That's awesome? That is a yeah.
Speaker 5: But I just wanted to say though, you know, uh, I think the Bengals are gonna be okay, I really do. And you know, it was nice to hear he was with Chick Pudwick. Now, Chick I knew down here in Dayton one of my favorites. And uh, Tom, not Tom Brenneman. To hear Tom Brenneman back, you.
Speaker 3: Know that is good. Yeah, I was just talking about a.
Speaker 5: Lot of music. I'm gonna have to come down to the studio and play you know.
Speaker 2: Cool sounds good to me. Hey, Tom, coming up on a break here, I gotta get going. But great hearing from you, and you have a great day and great hearing you. It's been a long time since I've talked to you. Uh, Kelly up, give me give me the phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC the Talk Station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station onety four Americans suffers from it.
Speaker 2: Five thirty nine in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five k r C the Talk Station. I mentioned previous segment that I got contacted by a guy that I knew or met about twenty years ago when I first started getting on the air and doing some radio and stuff way back in the day. But uh, and I surprised guy still had my phone number. But he called me and he said he was doing this podcast with a guy from the Since I inquirer and I want to know if I wanted to participate. They were looking for a conservative, and I'm thinking, you know, of off the top of my head, I'm thinking, Okay, you've been around, you've been doing some radio for the last twenty This other guy, he's been doing radio for twenty some years, and the only conservative he could think about, the only conservative that he's met in the last twenty years, was me. I mean, you know, not that I'm not that I'm opposed to it, It just kind of, in my opinion, kind.
Speaker 3: Of shows the.
Speaker 2: Ven ear or lack of intellectual curiosity, if you will, in terms of other people out there. I mean, right off the top of my head, I can think of in the last twenty years a dozen or so of liberals that I have either dealt with, talked to, had on the program, or worked with on a particular issue, and the biggest one being you know, I've talked about this before. I don't want to go too much in detail on it, but remember the whole concept or the whole idea back in twenty thirteen about tolling the Brent Spence Bridge and that they had to build this right here, right now. And I've been I was part of a group that stopped the tolls on the Brent Spence Bridge, we called it, you know, tolls or taxes and whatever.
Speaker 3: As part of our group. One of the.
Speaker 2: People that got involved was an avowed socialist. I mean, she was a Bernie. She is a Bernie Sanders supporter, and we're friends on Facebook. She doesn't you know, she doesn't attack me, and so I don't attack her. So we just you know, whatever. But she was one of the spokespeople for the organization and as far as nailing the Chamber of Commerce whenever they had come up with something ridiculous, I mean, she was spot on. And we've talked and we've had several conversations that except for this one issue, there is no reason that either one of us should ever even talk to each other or be in the same room.
Speaker 3: And yet I still, as.
Speaker 2: Far as this particular issue, she was fantastic, and I have a lot of respect for other than you know, her political leanings. Her and I met so many different people as a result of that, and so I will talk to if we can find common ground on a particular item, I will work with anybody on that to solve a particular problem, and then we can go away and fight later on about other things. But to be called after twenty years, he could think of any other conservative. So anyway, I've been participating in this for the last few weeks. This past Friday, he decided to take it live and you know, do the comments on the side. And I'm telling you what debating liberals is just amaze the thought process that goes into their minds in terms of how they process information. It seems that, and people have talked about this on numerous occasions, it is so hard to be a conservative. You have to study the issue, you have to know the issue, and you have to be able to discuss the issue. Being a liberal, all you have to do is have feelings. I feel this, or I feel this, or you can just get a talking point no matter how many times it's been debunked, and you can throw that out into conversation, just in the conversations that we've had. In fact, well this past conversation on Friday, the whole idea of this. You know, Kamala Harris during the debate talking about the damn teap tiki torches and the find people on both sides, and I said, are you kidding me? After seven and a half years, Snopes not a conservative organization, Probably one of the most left leaning organizations around actually finally said that this is a hoax that listening to the entire comments that Trump made at that time, he did not call the Nazis fine people. And this guy says, I heard him say it, And I'm saying, did you hear the whole conversation? Did you hear what was said before? And the fact that he said, I'm not talking about these people, but there were fine people, and then we're talking, of course about Charlottesville, and it's like once something's in their brain. Man, I mean, no wonder Kamala Harris was able to get away with all the lies that she did and of course never fact checked by ABC. I counted what seven eight times that she lied as a matter of fact, anybody out there and that talks about Trump's convictions of thirty four convictions, that's thirty four lies right there. Because until somebody is actually sentenced, It is my understanding from the people that I've talked to. And again, if you're in a turney out there and you can correct this, I'd like to hear from you, But until you were sentenced, your conviction does not stand because until sentencing, the judge actually has the option of throwing that verdict doubt and acquitting you of all charges that, in his opinion, they didn't rise to the level of a conviction. And so you know, all this nonsense, and let's face it, I mean, starting in twenty fifteen, they spied on his campaign, they tried to tie him as a Russian agent, they did the whole Russia hoax, they tried to impeach him, they've tried to bankrupt him, and now they're trying to kill him. And if anybody thinks that this isn't something that is intentional, I you know, I'm you have a tough time when somebody keeps saying that somebody is hitler, that somebody is an existential threat to democracy, that this man, when we will do anything to keep him out of that office. That reminds me of going back to twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen, the insurance program, the insurance plan by Peter Struck and Lisa Page and the entire FBI. Yeah, okay, if you're saying comments like we will do everything to keep him out of office, I take them at their word. Everything is everything five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five one eight hundred eight two three Talk one eight hundred eighty two three eight two five five pound five point fifty on your AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC Deetalk Station.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Get you Go, five point fifty one in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr C the talk station. You know, I over the weekend. My wife and I, uh, this is so weird. Our birthdays are are about eight days apart, and my birthday's the end of August, or is the first part of September. Now you kind of give you an idea of what goes on in our lives. We said, okay, you know what, We're gonna take a kind of a combined thing. Will we'll go out to dinner and maybe we'll go to we'll go to a movie and you know, depending on what order, go to the movie and go to dinner, or go to a movie, or go to dinner and then go to a movie.
Speaker 3: And we were.
Speaker 2: Looking around for different movies to look and of course, you know, I'm not gonna look at some of the garbages out there. It was interested in maybe going and watching the movie Reagan. I've heard a lot of people have great reviews on that, which again gives you an idea of the liberal bias and the media. According to Rotten Tomatoes, they pan that movie, they hate it ninety eight percent, and yet the people that watch it and have seen it are loving it by ninety eight percent.
Speaker 3: It is the widest gap.
Speaker 2: Maybe not have their numbers wrong, maybe it's eighty three percent of Rotten tomnice, but whatever, it is the largest gap between the critics and the fans in the history of movies. The other movie out there that I wanted to we were talking about watching going to see is am I Racist? That is that a movie with Matt Walsh and where he goes under cover and he you know, if you've seen any of his videos and stuff, they're kind of hilarious, kind of pointing the craziness on the left, And we talked about seeing that. But the weird thing is is that some of these times are so kind of you know, it would be great to go to dinner and then go to a movie at like seven or something like that. But these movies, at least the ones that we were looking at in the times, maybe it'll change, but are like at six thirty and then goes to eight. Eight is a little bit too late to eat, depending upon some of the restaurants and stuff. But then again four o'clock for us is a little too early. But anyway, but I bring this up because there seems to be a pushback now that they're the cancel culture. The left is attacking. See, you know, you can't have a right wing you can have a conservative first of all, you know it started. You can't have conservatives coming to campus. God forbid that the liberals actually hear a conservative thought on a campus, because that will just trigger them. So you can't even have the movie now. Because I saw this over the weekend. It said that dell Oro Theater, I don't know where the hell that is, but it's Prime Cinemas.
Speaker 9: Do to a.
Speaker 2: These strong reactions from our community for and against the film, I'm gonna throw the BS flag on this one, my friends, because if somebody has a strong reaction for the film, don't you think that they would run the film? And concerns for the well being of our staff, we will not be playing the film. Am I racist? As originally intended? Please know that it was not our intention to cause such division by playing the film. We noticed that many of the theaters in Sacramento area were booked to play this film, and quite frankly, this reaction caught us off guard.
Speaker 3: The safety of our staff is.
Speaker 2: Our number one priority BS, and this is what conservatives are up against. If you want to, if you're a young person, and if you're a parent of a young person or the grandparent of a young person, tell them if they want to be a rebel, put on a maga hat, support concern privative causes and go to school. You want to talk about being a rebel these days, that's how you do it. I will pick this up. I'm Kevin Gordon. Phone numbers by the way, five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 10: It's the biggest news and trending news events come around the world.
Speaker 8: At the top end, bottom of the hour. This is fifty five KRC. The Talk station taxes on tests.
Speaker 10: So if you want to keep up a copycat campaign. Keep us on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: And now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KRC the Talk station.
Speaker 3: Four minutes after six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Brian is off today doing Brianny things, and I'm here happy Monday to you. We're talking at a previous hour about some of the stuff's going on this past weekend, and of course we need to touch on this latest assassination attempt at Donald Trump. Just yesterday I had mentioned yesterday, had mentioned in the previous hour that I had been at a pro life function over in Northern Kentucky, Northern Kentucky Right to Life, and just a fantastic function, and the speaker was just incredible. It's like every time I attend one of these functions, whether it's care Net, which is an organization that helps women with crisis pregnancies, to give them the assistance and make sure that they can have the resources going forward to make the right decision as far as their child is concerned, and to offer medical treatment and recommend and areas for them and help basically support and push them in the right show them the right direction, and put them in touch with resources that can help them throughout their pregnancy and then on into giving childbirth all the way. I mean to make the decision if they want to give the child up for adoption or whatever, help them with that process as well. But again, talking to these different organizations and being involved in these organizations, and when I go to these banquets banquets, you always learn something new, You learn something new about somebody, You learn the individual speaker, and the speaker yesterday a fellow by the name of Stephen W.
Speaker 3: Moser.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have him on the program at some point in time next time I fill in. But he's with the president of Population Research Institute and a gentleman that was an atheist very much in the doing work in China, by witnessing what went on there with their one child policy, became pro life, converted to Catholicism, and has been a pro life advocate along.
Speaker 3: And again, when I.
Speaker 2: Talked about last hour, that one of the things that I usually say to people is that if your pro choice, you just haven't thought about the issue long enough. So anyway, but talking about this, and then of course during that function yesterday, it started at one o'clock and some presentations and stuff, and then the speaker started at two o'clock. And of course you know that around one point thirty yesterday there was another assassination attempt on Donald Trump, and so start I started noticing texts coming in off my phone, you know, saying that Trump was safe and so on. So I didn't leave the function in order to read it. But I was reading some of the text while I was there, and it is amazing to me. And the rhetoric hasn't stopped. I touched on this a little bit last that and of course, you know, I have an opinion. I'm not afraid to use it. And I think all this rhetoric has an intended purpose. When you keep referring to somebody as Hitler, when you keep referring to somebody as Mussolini, when you keep saying that somebody is an existential threat to democracy, when you keep saying that we have to do everything in our power to make sure that this man never gets to the White House, what the hell is supposed What do you expects.
Speaker 3: Going to happen?
Speaker 2: And for the left, for the news media, for the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media to keep repeating those lines. How can you think that they're not hoping for something. You saw some of the tweets. I'm sure after that first assassination attempt that some of the campaign people, of course they were fired, said stuff like, hey, don't miss the next time, and stuff like that, put the shoe on the other foot. Can you imagine? Can you even imagine all of the talking points, all the stuff that would be said if the shoe was on the other foot. How many times do you see when something happens? How many times when a stupid comment is made or somebody makes a comment, and then everybody from the head of the RNC, Donald Trump all the way down even to the dog catcher in some po dunk town somewhere has to make amends. Or the first question, well, do you condemn this type of rhetoric? Do you condemn this? Do you condemn that? Do you condemn this? And it's like, move along, okay, I'm not going to answer the question.
Speaker 11: Yet.
Speaker 2: If a liberal were to be asked that question, they'll say something like and something that was an obvious news cycle. I'll say, gee, I'm not aware that that happened. I'm not aware that that happened, So I can't really speak to that. So I'm gonna have to look on to that and I'll have to get back to you. And it is just insidious the way the left will pounce on something. Just imagine if the shoe was on the other foot, would they be saying the same things about what they're saying here? You know, last night before I went to bed, actually well actually right before I went to bed, hit this headline from NBC news. Man in custody after Trump golf club incident was once convicted of possessing a machine gun. Golf club incident.
Speaker 12: From Bloomberg.
Speaker 2: Suspect and Trump incident is fifty eight year old Ryan Ruth, according to officials.
Speaker 3: According to The Daily Beast, who is alleged.
Speaker 2: Trump golf course gunman, whyan Rest Wesley Ruth alleged Trump golf course gunman. Well, if somebody just goes on the golf course and has a gun and he's shooting, no, this was an assassination attempt. USA today, Oh, the lovely Gannett news service, and I'm sure the Inquirer will pick this headline up and run with it. Shots fired near Trump Live updates after golf course shooting shots fired near Trumps just unbelievable. And the fact that this rhetoric continues, the fact that the news media or the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media won't call this out for what it is and call an end and ask every Democratic candidate to condemn this, get them on the record to condemn this, to tell them, don't you think it's time to start pulling back on the rhetoric. No, because the spoon fed regurgitators in the mainstream media, who are the Democratic or who are the journalists, Not journalists, but the news division or the propaganda arm of the DNC, they're all in on this.
Speaker 3: They're all into this. Did you happen to.
Speaker 2: Catch the interview with Dana Bash talking about how when Kamala Harris and her support dog Tim Walls were on the interview and they said, well, why don't you press her harder on her flip flop on the issues? And she goes, well, you know, you asked the question and then you do the follow up, and you can only press so far if they're not going to answer, how many When you look at the interview that jd Vance had with her for the first ten minutes, all she talked about was one particular item all she she kept asking the same question over and over and over again. And yet when a conservative is being interviewed, they will keep asking the same stupid question. You know, do you condemn this? Why aren't you condemning this? How do you defend this? How do you defend that? And instead of asking the basic questions that you're supposed to ask.
Speaker 3: And it's just amazing.
Speaker 2: And when you watch these news programs and you see the adjectives that are added, when you look at how somebody is portrayed, or a phrase that is thrown in there that you kind of and they throw it in there so quickly that you don't Sometimes you don't catch it, but so many times I'll be listening. I mean, you know, they used to talk about Walter Cronkite being the godfather of journalism, that he was the most trusted man in the United States, and all this sorts of the best newsman out there.
Speaker 3: Even him.
Speaker 2: I can remember watching the news with my mom and she'll say, well, well, look at what he just said there, look at how the adged the extra adjective that he threw in there, and look at the facial expression. Look at the way you know, the tone of voice changes when he's talking about this particular story versus this particular story. And it was always involved. If there's a conservative that you know, he would have a different tone of voice. And you pick this up when you're when you're keen to it and you know what to look for. You see this all the time and when they and you know, we don't even have There has not been one press conference by the Secret Service since the since the assassination attempt of Trump, what sixty four now sixty five days ago, no press conference. And yet if there's a school shooter within a half hour, we know every social media account, we know everything that they've said, we know who they are, we know what their background is, we know everything about them. We still don't know about the shooter in Pennsylvania. We still don't know that person. We don't have all the details the failures of the Secret Service.
Speaker 3: On that day.
Speaker 2: The only thing we're getting is from any of the whistleblowers. Now, what does that say. Nobody's lost their job. And Donald Trump during the debate pointed out and one of the things that's lost on all the idiots that are talking about this debate and talking about I mean, yeah, Donald Trump did not do a great job that night. And yes, I think there were a couple a lot of opportunities where he could have just done the knockout punch or whatever, but he didn't do it, and I fall to him for that. But when he makes comments and certain things that the media isn't picking up on, and the media isn't saying this, or isn't saying that that was lost, and the fact that nobody has been fired in this administration.
Speaker 3: Nobody was fired for.
Speaker 2: The debacle in Afghanistan. Thirteen people were thirteen service members were killed as a result of the failure to act properly and do that was all properly. Thirteen servicemen were killed, and I think what was the number, one hundred and sixty Afghan civilians were killed, and a lot of our soldiers were harmed, maimed and wounded. And yet nobody got fired for that. Nobody's gotten fired for the invasion at the border. Nobody has been fired on the economic team in terms of this rampant inflation, no accountability, and as I've said for a long period of time, being a liberal means never having to say you're sorry. Phone number seven five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred A two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr S the talk station.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC the talk station. You're just state.
Speaker 3: Six twenty one in the morning.
Speaker 2: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five kr SE the talk station. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty on that AT and T wireless phone. Of course, we're talking a lot about this is latest assassination attempt from on President Trump and former President Trump. And you know, Eric Trump kind of hit the nail on the head. How many lives does his father have?
Speaker 3: Does he? Is he? You know? How many?
Speaker 2: You know, you talk about cats having nine lives. This almost seems as though that there doesn't seem to be as though that the Secret Service or the FBI or any of these organizations are taking this seriously. It appears as though that they are not what do you want to say, have their finger on the pulse or concerned about this? They're not changing. Did you I don't know if you happen to catch one of the one of the press conferences. I didn't catch the guy's name, but he's there in the press conference, and apparently somebody was asking him, well, how is this happening or or or why wasn't this there? And he said, well, he's not the president, and he doesn't get the level of Secret Service protection that the president would get.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? You've got three people.
Speaker 2: You've got you know, Biden, who by some all but supposedly is still in charge. You've got Kamala Harris, and you've got Donald Trump. You got three of the most the top people in terms of running for office or currently occupying the office. And you mean to tell me that that's not one of.
Speaker 3: The top priorities.
Speaker 2: That if he were president, there would be a perimeter around the golf course, that there would be people stationed out there, that they would be doing these things and not just willy nilly just doing the very You don't even know if it's even the basics. When I heard that there was a Secret Service agent that was walking ahead of the.
Speaker 3: Golf party.
Speaker 2: Because if you're not familiar with what happened, Donald Trump was out on the golf course with a friend and they were playing golf, and they were on the fifth hole, and he was getting ready to do a putt and that's when Secret Service started coming at him and you know, tackled him, covered him up, and rushing him off.
Speaker 3: The golf course.
Speaker 2: There was a advance officer Secret Service officer that was walking ahead by a couple of well to the next hole one. No police dogs on either side of the course going through and seeing if there's any explosive devices or or seeking out anybody or anything along those lines. Folks, this is like the Keystone cops. I mean, this is not even you know, if you listen to certain security people talk about this issue and they say, this is so amateurish that it's almost as laughable. If it weren't for the fact that this man is the hopefully the next president of the United States, this would be laughable. To not have the trained dogs along the course to be sniffing this stuff out, to not be scouring social media. I mean, the FBI was able to find all these rioters at the Capitol fifteen hundred and some grandmas who were just standing in there praying. I mean, no investigation to this point of how many FBI undercover agents were actually stoking the crowd on that day.
Speaker 3: It just boggles my mind. And the fact that this guy would have.
Speaker 2: The other So why don't you just telegraph to the world, and especially there's an Iranian threat?
Speaker 3: There has been.
Speaker 2: A FBI Director Ray has said that there is an Iranian threat to assassinate Donald Trump. That's not on your high priority list that you're telegraphing to everybody that well, you know, he has basically the minimum security that's necessary. Now if he were president, he'd have a little bit more security. Are you freaking kidding me? Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five, hundred one, eight hundred eight two three eight two five pound, five fifty at and T Wallace. I mean, is anybody outraged by this? Is anybody else concerned about this? Is this on anybody else's mind? Anyway, we'll pick this up on the other side of the break. I'm Kevin Gore.
Speaker 13: Fifty five KR see the talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: Six started in the morning Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five KR. See the talk station phone numbers five.
Speaker 2: One three, seven, four nine fifty eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five or pound five fifty on that AT and T wireless phone. Looking at some of the headlines. I'm just scanning, you know, scanning some of the headlines. I'm seeing this from the Daily Mail. You get this son of alleged would be assassin Ryan Wesley Ruth says his dad hates Trump like all reasonable people, but he's never owned a gun and wouldn't do any bat I guess backcrap crazy? Oh really, well, what was the article before where he was possibly convicted of having a machine gun or something along those lines? The you know, how did he have weapons with him? How did he you know what this isn't He's not a gunman, He's not the gunman. He wasn't there was it just a plant by somebody? Like reason all reasonable people. The Trump derangement syndrome in this country is just insane. When they talk about what Trump will do, how Trump is going to govern, do they forget that he was president for four years. What was the economy like prior to the pandemic, And make no mistake about this, more and more it is looking like it was a pandemic. Look at the stock market prior to that. Look at the jobs numbers, Look at the economy, Look at the GDP, Look at how strong the economy was. We were energy independent for the first time since nineteen forty nine. In twenty twenty, oil was down around five dollars or fifty dollars a barrel.
Speaker 3: Iran was going broke.
Speaker 2: Russia was going broke because they couldn't make money pumping oil and selling it on the open market for fifty dollars a barrel. Nobody in this world, with the exception possibly of Norway, drills for oil cleaner, cheaper, more energy efficient than we do in the United States. And for the Biden administration to come in shut down the Keystone XL pipeline on day one, stop drilling on federal lands, stop selling leases, which by law they're supposed to do. But again, you can't let laws get in the way of a good story or.
Speaker 9: For in.
Speaker 2: An administration, Look at what was going Did we have any wars going on anywhere? Was Russia and isn't it interesting that Russia invaded Crimea, or as Maxine Waters calls it, Korea back in twenty twelve during the Obama administration, And then they've got troops on the border, and Biden says, well, as long as there's a minor incursion, we may not do anything. A minor incursion. Define minor incursion. Fifteen twenty thirty forty people, ten towns overtaken, a mile invasion, two miles invasion. What the hell kind of thing is that? Do you think October seventh, the attack on Israel would have happened under Trump's watch? Do you think the thirteen Marines are thirteen members of our military that were killed at Abbigate and the pullout of Afghanistan would have happened? Have you seen the clip that Brian Donald and I can't think of the other guy's name off the top of my head, but there's a video where they're talking to Sage Steel and they were talking about a moment where Donald Trump was negotiating with the Taliban and said that if you harm a hair of a military of a US military soldier, we will take you and gave him a picture, a satellite photo of the guy's home and he walked out of the meeting. I mean they were dumbfounded, the interpreter according to their comments, and I think, maybe we'll see if we can find that clip somewhere, but they it was incredible that, you know, Kim Jong un, look at the number of rockets that were filed fired in the last year of the Trump administration, and look at the number of rockets that have been fired since there have been days where there have been these test rockets that North Korea have been doing. I mean it is in the dozens. It is, you know, dozens per year were in the last year the Trump administration, there was like five or six seven that were fired. There was there was peace in the Middle East, there was moving toward with the Abraham Accords. And yet the Biden administration comes in, We're on the verge of World War three. He allowed Russia to invade Ukraine, and make no mistake about it. NATO could have stopped it, the UN could have stopped it. They could have put troops on the border. They could have said no. But with the Biden administration coming into office, lifting the stopping the production of oil in the country, a lot of production of the oil.
Speaker 3: Oil prices got up to the seventy eighty.
Speaker 2: Ninety dollars a barrel now and then releasing all the funds to Iran, the state's sponsor of terror. They have had over one hundred billion dollars that they have earned under the Biden administration, and they were almost broke under the Trump administration. Russia is flushed with cash now that they can buy weapons and invade other countries because they have the money to do that. Iran can send money to their proxies, the Hutis and Yemen Uh, the Hezbollah in the northern part of Israel, Hamas at the southern end of Israel. And yet, well, we're supposed to ignore all this, and we're supposed to say that, oh, well, we're supposed to forget that went on during the four years. Was he a dictator then? Was he a uh? Anyway, we're late for a break five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KRC det talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Smart but the nine first warning WEATHERFOURK.
Speaker 2: We ask today sunshine, warm and dry, a high of eighty six Monday or tonight, let's see clouds moving in.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna have.
Speaker 2: A slight chance of of showers clip f low of fifty eight.
Speaker 3: On Tuesday. I'm gonna continue with.
Speaker 2: The clouds isolated showers high of eighty one and on Tuesday nights staying cloudy.
Speaker 3: Mile low sixty four.
Speaker 2: Right now sixty one degrees fifty five K see detalk stations.
Speaker 3: Chuck Ingram has traffic.
Speaker 14: From the uc UP Traffics Center of the University and Santa Cancer Center. It's open the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one, three, five eighty five. You see see see highway traffic starting to build northbound fourth seventy one. You'll need a couple of extra minutes now between Grand and Downtown thanks to the Barrels cruiser cleaning up an accident on Clifton and King.
Speaker 3: Chuck Ingram on fifty five K.
Speaker 15: See the talk station.
Speaker 2: ZEX forty In the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. It's about Paris the talk station ohe numbers five one three, seven, nine fifty five, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Let's see, uh I thought I had I thought I saw a call up there on the call screen. But continuing on this discussion as far as this latest assassination attempt, and it seems that the rhetoric from the left is not slowing down, and it is becoming clearer and clearer and clearer that in my opinion, I don't know how you can come to any other conclusion when you keep talking about somebody being an existential threat and just break down. The word existential threat means that they are a threat to the existence of something. So when you hear something being an existential threat to climate change, that isn't a or to the climate.
Speaker 3: That is.
Speaker 2: An attack or a threat to the existence of climate. The threat to democracy an existential threat to the existence of democracy. We've had this guy in office for four years? Did he destroy democracy then? And the lies that are perpetuated about January the sixth are just absolutely astounding.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the phone.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Bobby, Bobby fifty five K see thanks for calling.
Speaker 3: How are you this morning.
Speaker 15: I'm doing great, my frame. Good to hear from you again.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I'm perplexed, I am, I am confused. I'm not confused. I'm not surprised by what I'm seeing. I'm not surprised by what the left is trying to pull off here.
Speaker 15: But anyway, well, I'll give you my opinion. And it's just one of many people have to realize. And I've said this for a long time, we are in the midst of a cultural revolution. Anytime in the world, any place you've ever in history, anytime you have something like that, it's a prelude to war. People don't know the difference between a friend and a foe, and an adversary and an enemy. People need to make that determination of who they're around. Well, when it's not getting me better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, when you've got a media which is just an extension of the Democratic Party, when you have people, you know, when you look at the suppression on Google, how many times now do you search for something on Google and it's and the only choices are something that you didn't even ask for. You can't get a straight answer. You have to go to different sources to get the information when you post something now on Facebook, and ever since the twenty twenty election, when they started suppressing that, they're not sending these things out, they're fact checking, they're putting the pixeling over things. You can't even I mean nine to eleven photos. You can't even post a picture of somebody hanging out of the burning building because this is too sensitive to the people. And isn't it amazing that every one of these things that they're caught doing, in terms of suppressing conservative thought or suppressing this particular story, seems to only go one way. It never goes the opposite way. It's never the liberal thought that's being suppressed.
Speaker 15: When you have ABCCBS, MSNBC, NBC, New York Times, Washington Post, the Seven Deadly Sins, it's the Joseph Gerbels media network. And that's how I feel about it. And people are naive, they don't know the dangers and everything this is causing our country, and it will explode eventually when one or twenty or two hundred of these illegals that we got in this country that are going to do harm to us. And it's coming. Yeah, people were not prepared. They're not prepared for the seventy two hour window. They're not prepared for the water and electricity going out. They're not prepared for seemens having an eighteen month of EAD time on transformers. They're they're just living in a dream world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. And you know people are being the Paul Revere's out there. They're giving the warnings. They're talking about the infrastructure that isn't strong enough. You talk about I mean, look back at nine to eleven and so on, when you started seeing some of these water treatment plans all that all of a sudden, the security that had to go with them. We are so unprepared for uh, terrorist attacks.
Speaker 3: It's not even it's not even funny at this point. But anyway, Bobby Brother, all right, I appreciate, I appreciate the phone call. You have a safe day and be safe out there. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one, eight hundred eighty two three eight two, five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five krs.
Speaker 16: The talk station fifty five KRC at leasty days, take a break and kick your.
Speaker 3: Phone six forty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm actually six fifty in the morning, Kevin Bardon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see de talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five fifty AT and T wireless phone. Back to the phones we go. Let's talk to Dave. Dave fifty five, how are you this morning? Thanks for calling in.
Speaker 9: Hey, Kevin.
Speaker 17: Always great when you're in there too. This is uh, it's kind of like when uh, like on five fifth, uh, when you have a normal call in show like it used to be, Rush Limball will be out and and you'd be like, oh gosh, who's this guy. He's always a drop off the town. But when we go from Brian Thomas to you, you feel like, hey, well the ship is still moving, moving all ahead, full So glad to have you here.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I appreciate it. I try all right, well.
Speaker 9: Here's what yeah, there there you go.
Speaker 17: So here's what I get it that as you say, it's it's really they've hyped up the rhetoric to an ungodly amount, to the point where he's a threat of democracy. And I think most Americans all they ask of their media is make it fair. If COVID is so bad that no one can go outside, we shouldn't be able to go outside for Black Lives Matter, uh, you know, protests, let alone when you have so many Black Lives Matter riots. Meanwhile, all we still keep hearing about to this day is January sixth. I mean, how could they not think that there's a threat to democracy when the plain focus that Trump is is January sixth, while they ignore all these all the riots that took place in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Looks actually, well, Dave, look at all the violations of the COVID lockdown, that Nancy Pelosi getting her hair done, Gavin Newsom going and partying with his friends.
Speaker 17: Megan Whitmer, Megan Whitmer's.
Speaker 2: Husband, Yeah, yeah, poor, Yeah.
Speaker 17: I mean, it's just one of the quietest coups that have ever been pulled off in history. Were literally they may I mean, I think you go back and look now, it's very obvious they were putting the debate in June so that they could see, let's see how Biden handles it. We want to make sure it's late enough when we're past the primary, so we can drop Kamala right in, but without having to run against anyone else. But at the same time, just do an immediate replacement. And that goes again Democracy. There are people who should have had the opportunity to vote for replacement for Biden, and they didn't get it exactly.
Speaker 2: And look at the situation there too. Six months before the coup, how many people in the Democratic Party were saying, we got to get rid of this woman. We've got to find a different running mate for Joe's She's just not cutting it. Her poll numbers are horrendous. And then all of a sudden they staged this palace coup and everybody jumps on board.
Speaker 3: What a breath of fresh air.
Speaker 2: It's almost like, oh, she dropped out of the sky like some sort of Obama like messiah type of thing, and she's the greatest thing since pockets were invented. And yet the media isn't concerned about being dissed for what now how many is it now? Fifty six days without an interview. She's just basically given them the middle finger and saying you're irrelevant.
Speaker 17: And meanwhile, it was not but a few before that we heard that Joe Biden was all he's sharp as ever, sharp as attack. And then I asked you if we were to put up a poll a week before he stepped down and said, all right, here's the people. Whittmer knew some Cali out in Arizona, Shapiro in Pennsylvania, and Kamala. Who would you pick it, or even throw in Bernie Sanders for that matter, who would you pick as your representative? You and I and the American people know that Kamala would probably wouldn't even get in the top three. No, if she would have gotten in the top three, she wouldn't have been kicked out in twenty twenty when she was running against Biden.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the fact that they've perpetrated the biggest hoax on American public since the day he took office, the steadied decline in his mental health, that cognitive decline, and everybody kept saying, oh, he's the sharpestman behind the crown, closed door, he's sharpest.
Speaker 3: Guy in the room, and so on, and it was all alive.
Speaker 17: And he's so sharp that he couldn't stand trial. According to their own sources. And then on top of that, now it's like we still can't figure out who's running the country. So he's not good enough for runder reelection, but he is good enough to go through to the period of January.
Speaker 2: And Dave, I think one of the funniest things I heard is that he is less competent to be president of the United States than any person that is serving time in jail, because in order to serve time in jail, you have to be too determined competent to stand trial. Joe Biden wasn't even competent to stand trial, and yet he's president and all these inmates are incarcerated. I think that is that is amazing.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Kevin, I'll leave you with this.
Speaker 17: It was like this whole situation going on in Springfield, Ohio, the media into you know, in conjunction with your sister station over there. All they keep covering is the dogs and cats. The reality of what the situation should be covering is you've dropped off twenty thousand refugees and a town of sixty thousand and one of them did kill in a vehicular accident a citizen of that area.
Speaker 15: Exactly, you have.
Speaker 17: To You can't just do this without a vote. If anything was a threat to democracy, that's it, because we should have a chance as citizens to vote.
Speaker 9: Who comes in?
Speaker 17: Why how do they get here? We need to have a process, and for them to completely ignore that process, that in and of itself is a threat to democracy. You bet, Kevin. I thank you very much for your time today.
Speaker 3: Dave, take care, have a great day. Yeah. Coming up top down, we're gonna be talking to Ken Anderson. No, not that one.
Speaker 2: He is an author of a couple of books and we'll talk about that when we come back. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five kre. See de talk station.
Speaker 10: Updates on the twenty twenty four presidential campaign.
Speaker 8: We have to meet this.
Speaker 7: Moment as if our freedoms are at risk.
Speaker 8: Fifty five krs the talk station. This report is sponsored by talk Station.
Speaker 3: Six minutes after seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Brian is off tonight today, so you got me happy Monday. I want to welcome to the program friend of mine, Ken Anderson. He is author of a couple of books of Economic Revolution and Keyboard Alphabet. But I thought i'd touch base with him because we have talked about oh numerous things over the years, and one of the things I was interested in is his take on this coming upcoming presidential election. Welcome to the program, ken.
Speaker 11: Well, thank you, thank you, and I appreciate this opportunity to have another discussion with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate it as well well from when we talked last, from what transpired yesterday afternoon, I guess there's a whole new different wrinkle to this now with a yet another assassination attempt. And you've wont to offer your thoughts on this or.
Speaker 11: Well, definitely, First of all, I would definitely say that these are praying times, and we are praying nation, and we need to put aside all of our differences. I don't care what race, or gender, or political affiliation or non affiliation union. We need to get to rate, get away from all of the demographics and really come to the Creator as a nation. And actually, I do you know from my book Economic Revolution, I believe in a spiritual solution to our material problems. And actually Second Chronicles seven and fourteen says that if we go to God and do what you know in earnest and He will heal our land. So there is a spiritual healing. But it's up to us. It's up to us as an individual, and if each individual does it, then we'll do it as a nation. But these are paying times. I definitely say pray for our president. There's an office now, Joe Biden and all the candidates and our former president and candidate Trump as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just it becomes more and more obvious that there needs to be some solutions and everything needs to be on the table. I think we have gotten so far away from any type of spirituality, any type of moral compass, and that needs to be reinstilled. I mean, I am not been the most how should I say, a church attending religious person, but I mean there's always been that guardrail in terms of my Catholic upbringing and certain things as far as how you conduct your life. And it's it's almost like, you know, we need a rebirth of that in this nation. We need something to believe in other than government, which is I think pretty much what they want us to believe in anyway.
Speaker 3: So we need to.
Speaker 11: Let me interject this real quick, because you brought up something that's very important. I'm glad you said it, because coming up and understanding the religion and how that goes. And then one of that's one of the things that divides us, you know, someone the Methodism, Lutherans and all that. But there's a difference between religion and spirituality. If I was dealing with religion, I have to wait till maybe next Wednesday or whatever meeting day, we'd have to go to church. But see, spirituality is something people could do right now at this moment. It's nothing formal, you see, so it's all based on individuals. So so you know, that's a good thing that you brought up though, But I just want to let people know you could make that connection with the Creator yourself right now without anybody knowing. That's what counts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, you don't need a church, you don't need the steeple. You can you can pray anywhere you want, and then you can put your creed into your deed and and and act your life accordingly. So you know, you don't need to wait till Sunday. You don't need a Wednesday or whenever, you know, the synagogue on Saturday. You can do it every day of the week. Sir, we want I want to talk a little bit about this third party factor. You know, when we look at the third party candidates there. You know, it's interesting that the the party that talks about who is an existential threat to democracy, how much they are trying to do to keep certain candidates that may hurt them off the ballot in all these different states.
Speaker 3: And I you know, it appears as.
Speaker 2: Though I keep seeing almost every day another third party candidate, whether it's Jill Stein or Cornell West, going to be added to the ballots in certain states. How do you see this shaking out as far as that is there enough there or the Democrats really that concerned about it, or.
Speaker 3: How do you see this?
Speaker 11: Well, you know, you bring up some good points, because I think the first thing is when RFK Jr. When he stepped out of the race and he endorsed former President Trump. That was a huge move because I believe at the time he was pulling about nine percent, maybe close to ten percent at that point, and that's enough to sway an election. If you look back at Ross Perrot both times he ran, he got enough to swing the election in favor of Clinton somewhere saying that he was like Clinton's low uncle or something like that. So a third party candidacy can be very important Now in this particular case with Cornell West, this could actually cause Vice President Harris some problems in Michigan because they both appealed to the same anti Israel Hamas sector of the Democratic wing. And there are some people they're really kind of ticked off with Harris. But I think more than them being ticked off with Harris, it's more they don't trust her. That is a is a main And see, I don't know if the Republican Party had picked up on this. I talked to some young people in one of the things that came really it surprised me. This young man said he looked at debate. At the debate, he said, well, I thought I think that President Trump won. I'm thinking, like, okay, I didn't understand it.
Speaker 9: And so he was. He was saying.
Speaker 11: The reason why is because even though he came off as bombastic talking about things, you know, whatever, but even though he came off as unhinged so to speak, he came off as authentic, he said, where she came off as fake, and he came off as like a parent, like knowing seeing danger in front of them for someone that he loves. And he's saying, hey, you're approaching the you know, danger and the coursure you get the danger, the more frantic they get. And he said that's the reason why he is so charged right now, because he really sees that if we don't make the right decisions, it could be catastrophic for our economy.
Speaker 2: You know, I was on air that night doing my other show, America's Truck, a network that, by the way, goes from midnight to one am Tuesday through Friday on WLW. But I was in the studio doing getting ready to do the show prep and stuff, and I was watching the debate, and I was taking notes, and I was taking frantic you know, I was trying to keep up and and I'm you know, I don't do shorthands, so I was writing stuff down and listening to debate and everything. So when the debate was over, I was really upset that the fact that, in my opinion, Donald Trump didn't do the knockout punch as he should have. He didn't take opportunity and correct the record and actually even challenge the moderators for not fact checking her and so on. But when I went back through and I started looking at my notes, I was surprised at the points that he did make that were glossed over by the analysis afterwards. And now I've seen some comments from some people that if you read the transcript of the debate, it is so one sided towards Trump. It's not funny because you know, you take away the facial expression, she take away the giggling, the laughing, the so on her evading reading what she actually her answers, there was no substance there, and all the substance was over on Trumps side. And I you know, I've heard those analysis and it's kind of amazing. And when you look at some of the polling with some of these independents that like the gentleman you were talking to, that's see, that's they saw a lot better than I think the people that are too close to the trees.
Speaker 11: Yeah. I think a lot of times we, you know, we are really kind of blinded by the partisan lens is that we look through whether it's intentional or unintentional, and real quick, just to give you an idea of a typical answer I would call that can't answer. If they were to ask her about, say, global warming, she will say, well, I think we need to have a conversation about to come about uh, global warming in the future. I think that all points need to be heard. Man, what do you think about cracking? Well, I think we need to have a conversation about fracking in the future and on all things that need to be heard. I'm here to hear. I mean, okay, we we you know, we are looking for leadership, and see we're looking for uh uh you know, policy over sentiment. But see, the thing is, emotions run so high, and it's so easily and more easily to manipulate someone using uh, some emotional appeal as opposed to the logistical facts. And for example, she came up with this uh line that Trump wanted to have a Trump tax, he wanted to raise taxes on on a like a national sales tax. And then that's the last thing that Trump that I have.
Speaker 3: And I said, I'm you know, I've heard various people floating a national sales tax. I haven't heard that probably in about eight years or so.
Speaker 11: Yes, yeah, she called it a Trump tax. And so but then summer stain because some will say the biggest lilli has one grain of truth to it. So what what they were talking about is that what they did was they manipulated this whole thing about the tear So she was saying, well, if you put tariffs on foreign goods, then you're gonna then American citizens, we're going to pay higher prices for those foreign goods. Therefore that tariff is a tax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that was starting and one of the missing points was is that when he was his turn, he said, then why has Biden kept these tariffs on for most of the things that we did for the last three and a half years? And I think that was one of his great punches. Hey, we're going to pick this up on the other side of the break, and we want to talk about some of these other policies and some of the things in terms of the giveaways that's being talked about in terms from an economic standpoint as to what this will do to the economy, but also to the nature of the human desire to accomplish something as opposed to being handed something.
Speaker 3: My guest is Ken Anderson.
Speaker 2: Author of a couple of books, Economic Revolution and Keyboard Alphabet, will pick this up on the other side of the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five kr SE the Talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five karc An iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: In the morning, Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station. Continuing our conversation with Ken Anderson, author and local businessman, economic author of the book Economic Revolution and Keyboard Alphabet. Ken again, and thank you so much for spending time with us this morning. I certainly appreciate it.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But you look at the individual freebies that are being tossed around, and you know, some would say that's kind of long lines of like vote buying, but then has so many problems. There are so many issues that we see when you start talking about giving away goodies, when you start talking about government subsidies and so on, all that does is add to inflation and kind of takes away the I guess the I don't know the content of being proud to have accomplished something, the joy of having accomplished something. If something's handed to you, you don't appreciate it as much as you do if you earned it.
Speaker 11: I agree on And what happens is that what we're seeing, we're seeing politicians saying, hey, I will give you pree be for your votes, and I will give you I will promise you things that I know that I can't deliver, but you give me your vote now, and then I will promise you know I would deliver it. And then I always blame it on the other guy. And it's like the old wimpy from Popeyes. I will gladly pay you next Tuesday for hamburger today. So I will gladly promise you everything for your vote today. And by the time the voters get around to voting someone out, then they get them up into another route up and they forget all about it, and it keeps.
Speaker 2: Going, yeah, well, I tried to deliver this for you, but those means do it.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And so it happens all the time. And so one of the things is, for example, when it comes to the real estate, I talked to some people years ago and they used to have not as much now, but they used to call it sweat equity. So we had we had some homeowners who would maybe do some of the repairs themselves and the process of closing the loan, you know, maybe raking the leaves or painting a porch, and that was all in part of the real estate contract, and they would get a certain dollar amount towards their down payment, maybe towards closing costs, and so that gave them a sense of pride because I earned this eight hundred dollars or you know. And that's what the American experience is all about. And you know, one of the things that politics is about, this about control of the language. And they very very or very slick, and one of the things they talk about is the American experiment. No, it's the American experience. And the American experience is what JD. Vance represents someone who was born and raised on the wrong side of the tracks, who are who's faced with adversities and experiences the American dream. The reason why they want to get away from that because they want to keep that within locked within their own little clique, and they don't want it to be out for the masses, for people to own real estate and for people to prosper and to grow and to build generational wealth. Sure their families, it's all for it. They're for that, but for everyone else, for the average American citizen, they want to shut the doors. And that's the reason why it's important that we keep our minds and our options open and we focus on the policies and understands policies matter, and we have to override the quick emotion because that's easy to manipulate.
Speaker 2: It seems to me from what I've seen of watching democrats over the years and liberals in particular, is they talk a good game about wanting to help people, that they want to be there for them and so on. But they'll climb the ladder themselves. But instead of leaving that ladder down, they'll put it just out of reach of the people below them, just so that they can attain what they attained, so that they can keep offering them something so that they keep voting for them. And I think this is one of the insidious things that they do, as far as keep promising people that we will take care of this, we will keep taking care of this. I mean, you look around at all the different blue cities around the country, and are they any better off now than they were twenty years ago?
Speaker 3: Are there worse?
Speaker 14: All?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I was gonna go ahead, go ahead, No, Well, well, I was just going to say, I heard someone say before, the best anti poverty program is opportunity for gainful employment.
Speaker 11: And if we foster a business, a business atmosphere that is that will offer gainful employment. That is the best way to do it as opposed to this class warfare. We're going to or rich and they're not paying their fair share. You know, you you tax the rich guy out on unrealized tax, unrealized uh capital gains. Guess what they're going to withdraw their money in the market and live on the beach.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Just one final question, have you ever been employed by a poor person?
Speaker 9: Actually?
Speaker 11: Uh no? And I've always wanted my bosses to be wealthy.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And I tell people treat your your job like it's your business, because one day it just might be your.
Speaker 3: Business very well could be. Ken.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, you bet, thank you so much for being on the program today. I certainly appreciate it. My friend Gott's questions everyone, my friend Ken Anderson. Uh yeah, coming up. Okay, we'll be continuing this and more. I got some other thoughts here before we get to the top of the hour. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five K see the talk station fifty five ARC A minute of it. The nine first Warning weather forecast today Sunshine, warm and dry, look for a high of eighty six tonight. Clouds are moving in slight chance of rain, low sixty fifty eight. Tuesday overcast, isolated showers. Look for a high of eighty one and on Tuesday night staying a little bit cloudy, mild low of sixty four.
Speaker 3: Right now it is sixty one.
Speaker 2: Degrees fifty five kre ce detok station Chuck Ingram.
Speaker 3: How is that traffic from.
Speaker 14: The UCLF Traffic Center of the University of Cincinnati Cancer Center is open. The most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care. You's here called five one, three, five to eighty five U see see see stop Fountain seventy five. Crews are working with an accident near the Reagan Highway. The right lane's block. It adds to what was already building through the Lockland split. Now over a fifteen minute delay northbound fourth seventy one running heavy into the barrels near Grand There's a wreck on twenty seven Beelow, Millville, Chuck Ingram on fifty five pa ers eat talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven thirty three in the morning Kevin Gordon and for Brian Thomas fifty five kre see the talk station phone numbers five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. You may have seen this last week there was this comment uh supposedly by Golden Sachs group economists gained out the potential economic implications of Republicans or Democrats victory in November election, cautioning the USGDP faces a hit in the case of a win for Donald Trump. We estimate that if Trump wins in a sweep or with divided government, they hit to growth from tariffs in a high immigration policy would outweigh the positive fiscal impulse from maintaining the most kinds. The problem with that is is that was a group of economists within Goldman Sacks and Kamala Harris has repeated this on the campaign trail, and you see this in some of the news reports and so on. It's a lie CEO of Goldman Sacks. David Solomon scorches Kamala Harris for turning a report from an independent analyst into something that's bigger than what it was intended to be. He set the record straight the other day. And the problem is with these with this in this particular campaign, it is so important for the left, for the Democrats to lie about something and figure that that lie will go around the world until it can be corrected. Remember Judy Woodruff, PBS what we're paying for taxpayer dollars for public broadcasting, made the comment on one of their shows that there was a peace process in the works between Hamas and Israel. But Donald Trump, she understood, had called net Yahu and said no, we don't want this piece accord until after I'm elected, or you know, this will help the Biden administration.
Speaker 3: This is what she said on air.
Speaker 2: Then the next day on Twitter, not the program, not the people that tune in on Twitter said well, I had read that from an unsourced comment or read that in an article that proved not to be right. I mean, you know, you throw a lie out there and then you never correct. Like I said, being liberal means never having to say you're sorry. Phone number seven four nine fifty five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five krc DE Talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 8: What's the simple.
Speaker 2: Seven forty in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five Karroisee of the talk stations. Phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty, five hundred one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone. You know we had last week we had this Oh well, I mean, and it's it's amazing how when you look over the period of time over the Trump administration and some of the things that he said while he was president, and some of these things that have come true, which I got to tell you from the start. When he first burst on the I mean when he first came on the scene in terms of in twenty twenty fifteen and was talking about becoming president and some of the debates, I did cringe. I was not on the Trump train at the time, and I did cringe. But the more and more you listen to what he had to say, and the less that the other people were talking about certain issues, I became more and more of a fan and then when you look at his economic policies and you look at what he did while he was in office and the stuff that he talked about. I think one of the things that was the most fascinating is that remember when he spoke before the UN and he talked about how that.
Speaker 3: Germany and Europe allow.
Speaker 2: Themselves to become completely dependent on Russian oil or Russian national gas. They're going to be wholly dependent on them, and Russia will control them. And there was a scene where the German Deligraate delegation was laughing like this idiot, I mean, what a nutjob. This guy is crazy. And what happened. Russia invades Ukraine. Germany has started weaning itself off of they started doing investing in wind, solar and whatever. Their energy sources or energy supplies were falling tremendously and they were totally dependent on Russia. One of the things that we see here in this Ukraine war. Think about this for a moment. Okay, you've got Russia invading Ukraine. Ukraine is their people are being killed left and right by Russia. And yes, they are killing a lot of Russians, but there is a pipeline that runs through Ukraine that services Germany and Europe, And you would think that the economic prospects of that, the revenue that is gained from Germany and you're paying Russia for these natural gas supplies and oil and so on, that if you want to win the war, you cut off that revenue. So far they haven't because I guess that would be considered an act of war against NATO. So you're at war with a country that is getting fed money by your neighbors as you're trying to fight this enemy from invading your country. Does any of this make any sense? Where is the European Union? Where is NATO? Where is the UN? The governing body? I mean, these liberals all want this new world order. They want this central government. They want the Klaus Schwabs of the world, the Bill Gates of the world to handle all this stuff. Well, none of these guys are stepping up to the plate. None of these governmental orderszations, none of the NATO, none of the UN. Where's the UN peacekeeping troops? They're nowhere to be found. And yet this continues on and continues on, and yet we are told about all these trouble spots, were told about all these things that are going to happen that never happened during the first Trump term, that all this hell is going to break loose in his second term. We have an example of what this man did in the first four years. Had it not been for all the fighting of the Democrats over the Russian hoax, that was a hoax that even that even Obama in October of twenty twenty, there's a quote by him saying that for Donald Trump to think that the election could possibly be rigged, he needs to concentrate on getting out more votes and stop whining. There is no way anybody could manipulate this election in fifty states. Yet once he was elected, all of a sudden, Russia was involved. Russia swayed the election, Russia helped him. Unbelievable. Had it not been for all the stuff attacks on Trump during his term, how much more could have been accomplished. We've seen what this group does that's in there now that Kamala is trying to what unburden herself by the past of the high inflation nine point two percent in June of twenty twenty two, gas price is hitting a high of five dollars and two cents a gallon.
Speaker 3: Back in June.
Speaker 2: They want to pat themselves on the back by dropping gasoline down to the two to eighty two to three dollars national average is what threes something a gallon now and when during Trump was at two twenty seven two twenty four. We're paying a dollar more or more now it was two dollars or more before. And they want to pat themselves on the back for a job well done, the interest rates being as high as they are, the inflation rate being as and this isn't a one off on inflation, folks.
Speaker 3: We've seen that.
Speaker 2: You look at these prices compared to twenty twenty, which people are starting to now do. It's not just okay, it goes up three percent this month and on an analyzed basis it's a ten percent increase. Well, no, that three percent doesn't go away the next month. The next month where there's a two point or a point two percent or a three percent raise on top of that. These are cumulative effects. That's why you see energy prices today being forty seven and fifty some percent higher than then, eggs being at forty seven fifty percent when they talk about a price a loaf of bread, All these things are cumulative effects anyway phone number seven four nine fifty five hundred eight five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred one eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five point fifty AT and T wireless phone.
Speaker 3: Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five KR.
Speaker 16: See the talk station fifty five KRC.
Speaker 3: A U line they know for the nine nine first warning.
Speaker 2: Weather forecasts Today suns, sunshine, warm and dry. I look for a high of eighty six Monday night clouds moving in, slight chances of rain also and a low of fifty eight. On Tuesday overcast, isolated showers and a high of eighty one. And then on Tuesday night it'll stay cloudy, mild and a low of sixty four. Right now sixty one degrees fifty five KR see de.
Speaker 3: Talk station Chuck Ingram has our traffic.
Speaker 14: Probably you see how Trampics Center the University sis Many Cancer Center. It's opened the most comprehensive blood cancer center in the nation. The future of cancer care is here called five one five eighty five seat see save found seventy nine and continues to run over forty five minute delay out of Sharonville down to an accident at.
Speaker 15: The Ragon Highway.
Speaker 14: Crews are also working with the hit skip accident on Walnut at Fifth Downtown, cleaning up on forty eight and seventy one chud Ingram unfety got KRZ the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty one in the morning, actually coming up on seven to fifty two in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas, fifty five KR see the talk station. To the phones we go. Let's speak with Evelyn. Evelyn fifty five KR see how are.
Speaker 3: You this morning?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 18: Thank you, Kevin, my, thank you so much for your show. Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, thank you.
Speaker 18: Well, there's a lot of frightening things going on, and the one thing that is so painful is the child mutilation of the doctors who are willing to remove body parts and to cancel adult physical adulthood in children. And you know, talk to young people and oh no, it's so important though otherwise they'll commit suicide. And I say, but they are removing their adulthood. They are castrating boys, they're removing their reproductive rights. Yeah, how you know, because you're very you're even though you have you know, terrible news to share with us. You're very comforting in terms of acknowledging that something has to be done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the thing is that.
Speaker 2: There is a you know, they talk about the brain that the typical brain doesn't really formulate completely until age twenty six, which you know begs the question about you know, military service and drinking age and all that sort of, so that being the side the brain isn't fully developed. And when you look at adolescents, I mean, all you got to do is have a parent and see what a child does in terms of they come home from school they're crying because Jody or their their best I'm because I'm had daughters that Jody was mean to her so and so, and you know that was her best friend and you just want to go, you know, when you want to go talk to the parents and whatever, and she goes, well, I'm never going to talk to her again, and the next day they're best friends again. So kids switch on a dime. Kids they are confused. And when you talk about puberty, that is a confusing I'm for kids, it is somewhat of a scary time. And when what they're not telling people is is that what you are doing is that you are making a lifetime decision at age well as far as the parents are concerned, if they do this at age seven eight, they're keeping they're condemning these children to a lifetime because you have to keep up the hormonal drugs.
Speaker 3: You have to keep up with the.
Speaker 2: Booster you know, like booster shots for the genetic makeup and so on. Otherwise you start reverting back, and once the reproductive system is removed, you can't have children. It's impossible to have children, and therefore you're robbing them of childhood. You know all the facts, first of all, the whole idea of the surgery.
Speaker 3: You know, if you're at.
Speaker 2: Age eighteen, twenty twenty one, fine, But to say that a parent has no right in terms of what this child does, and that you can take it to a state like you can take that child to a state like Minnesota and Tim Walls will let them start hacking off body parts.
Speaker 3: That's insanity, and I just it's just I don't know.
Speaker 18: But you know, thank you, because you know in order for some people I.
Speaker 19: Know don't believe this is actually happening and that they they will psychologically be able to overcome the surgery and I'm thinking you are condemning somebody to lifelong exactly pain and removing suffering and suffering.
Speaker 2: I'm up against the hard break here at the top of the hour. I thank you so much for the call, certainly appreciate it. You have a great day, Okay. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 10: Updates on the twenty twenty four president actual campaigns.
Speaker 8: Do you ever hear by uh? He's a threat to democracy?
Speaker 10: Fifty five krs the Talk station. This people are talking about.
Speaker 15: I totally agree with you about the state's rights.
Speaker 10: Issue for recording abortion fifty five krs E the Talk Station.
Speaker 1: And now Kevin Golden filling in for Brian Thomas on fifty five KOs the Talk Station.
Speaker 2: I've been at second eight o'clock, happy to be Monday to you a lot to talk about today. We've covered a lot of issues and we're gonna be covering a lot more.
Speaker 3: But first let's get to the phone.
Speaker 2: By the way, the phone numbers five one, three, seven, four nine, fifty eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound five fifty at and t wireless phone. You know, we've been talking about, I mean, yet another assassination attempt on President's We've talked to a little bit about this little council culture, cancel culture.
Speaker 3: Going on with the movie Am I racist?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: Some of the theaters are not covering that because of protests, and I reiterate this. It says, you know, due to strong reactions from our community for and against the film and concerns for the well being. Wait a minute, if people are calling your theater and saying they want to see this movie and they're excited to see this movie, how is that for and against the movie? That that anyway? So the cancel culture continues.
Speaker 19: Uh.
Speaker 2: And of course we've been talking about this assassination attempt and how the media is covering it. By the way, in one instance, it appears as though they're saying that it's Trump's fault, which is interesting. Anyway, let's get to the phones here. Let's talk to Mississippi James. How are you this morning, my friend.
Speaker 20: I'm doing pretty good, sir, good. Yeah, I guess you just had on their Ken Anderson Yes, said he's a good man. He's a gentle and kind of Republican and I've read his book, and we also do a walking club. We're members of the same walking club. And when I first met him, you know when he talks about a spiritual well, well let me get to what I always say. I say, we'll spiritual beings going through human experience.
Speaker 8: That's for sure a chapter.
Speaker 20: You have a chapter in his book that's similar to that. Well, what that brings me around to. You know, once I became a talk show junkie, and you know I listened to.
Speaker 3: What do you become a junkie?
Speaker 9: Like that?
Speaker 3: I became that way back in the early nineties. So anyway, go ahead, I'm sorry.
Speaker 9: Okay, So I said, it's so neat that you can sort.
Speaker 20: Of find your balance there listen to both sides with their extreme views, and I say it would be not I said, if we could do an experiment like back in debate class, where they assign you a subject, you know, okay, you're gonna be pro this or your cones or whatever. And if you take some of the conservative and they had to be pro Commala and just the opposite, take some of the liberal and they had to be pro Trump. I believe that would be a good experience there to see what, you know, how they would handle that because in reality, you know, you hear all the pros about Commala, you hear all the pros about Trump, and I realized, you know, a lot of people won't listen to certain things. I'm not trying to hear them. They crazy, they is?
Speaker 9: They that? Well, most of the time the truth is in the middle, you know.
Speaker 20: Yeah, And I'll be glad when the election come and go so we can get back to some civility and maybe more of us peoples in the middle, you know, can be a better force of boards own heel in this this country and this nation or wherever we are. And that's the name Mississippi, James, you know, that's where I live. About six months at the year, I'll be going back in no family, so you know, the same thing will You'll.
Speaker 2: Be getting down there to those low gas prices. When you look at the gas prices down in Mississippi, they have been traditionally less than any They've been the lowest gas prices in the country as opposed about two dollars cheaper than California, for sure, but interesting, Yes.
Speaker 20: Well I experienced that. When I came back in August, we was almost a dollar cheaper down there, and now I came on up cross that line. Or wait a minute, I did gas get back to three dollars or something.
Speaker 3: Wait a minute, I'm going home.
Speaker 11: Yep.
Speaker 9: So God, I love you. Thank you for setting in for Brian today.
Speaker 2: Thank you, you know for sure, good day. Appreciate the kind words. Thank you very much, Mississippi Gym. And safe travels out there. You know, we were talking about some of these, and of course we're talking about the assassination attempt, and it is shocking to me of how lacks some of the security is. And if you look at the press conference that was done yesterday afternoon, it was shocking to me what was actually said in terms of, well, he's not president, he doesn't get the full secret Service detail that could be. And when I look back on how they treated Bobby Kennedy when he was running and he was still in the race, and so on the fact that secret Service was denied. I mean, if anybody given the family background, and given what had happened to his uncle, what happened to his father, you would think to just err on the side of caution alone. They wouldn't want that on their conscience or a part of that. You would think that they we had given a secret Service detail, but no, they didn't. And so it's amazing to me the lack of intensity of taking these threats seriously and the fact that we haven't even had a secret Service press conference since the assassination attempt in Butler, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: So again, but you know.
Speaker 2: When you look at these and you know, look at what happens as far as the left is concerned when they want to talk about violence, isn't it amazing how much of it is phantom violence. We keep hearing these stories about white.
Speaker 3: Supremacists in the mountains gathering and they're going to be a threat.
Speaker 2: Well, when was the last time that materialized? We saw about oh, the attack on Jesse Smolette. Oh oops, sorry, that was wrong. Do you remember back in twenty sixteen, after the election, there was some spray painting that was done. Nasty Nazi swastika's painted on the Hebrew Union College sign out front. Whatever happened to that, I can tell you because I followed up on that about six seven months later, and it was not in the public realm, but I believe from the comments that they were ducking and dodging and saying, well, this guy will have to call you back. It's been handled, it's been taken care of. I think it was probably an inside job. To remember, at the same time, there was some spray painting of racial epithets put on the bleachers at Withrow High School. They had the guy on camera, they could see him. How come somebody was not prosecuted for that. Did they find out who it was and that, oh, this wasn't some right wing extremists, that it was possibly somebody who had access to it that was trying to gin up some racial animosity towards you know that it's the white racists that are creating this. Remember the noos in the garage on the NASCAR circuit, Remember the noose that supposedly was found at the Obama Library construction site.
Speaker 3: Whatever happened to that investigation? Was it a hoax?
Speaker 2: Did they find out that, oh, actually it wasn't a news It was just a loop of something that you know, construction material or something along those lines. You know the NASCAR the noose, it was the garage polars. It was a rope that was put in a loop so that you could pull the garage door down. But no, that made national headlines. Okay, then, as I said, you would think of the Obama Library, if there was a noose on the construction site, that somebody would have been prosecuted, that they would have made an example out of that person. We keep hearing about the transphobic language lead to suicide, while the manifesto of that shooter in Tennessee, the trans male or the trans woman that did the shooting down in Nashville, that manifesto was suppressed. How about we still do not have an answer. We do not have an idea of the motivation or anything for that Las Vegas shooting. Fifty eight people were killed that night, and we don't know what happened. We don't know what the bottom line of that. We talk about harassment, we talk about these various things we talk about, but we don't talk about migrant crime. We're not supposed to talk about that. We're not talking Remember the knockout game that was going on where people would be walking down the sidewalk and they'd get punched. We don't talk about the rapes, the murders, the well we talk about them, and they're the conservative media talks about that. But you don't hear this in the national news. They don't talk about the migrant crime that's going on in this country. The fact of the fact that New York is saying that they are overrun with illegal immigrants, that the twenty thousand or more that they're housing has stretched their budget, that has cost them five billion dollars. When you talk about the thousands of people that are coming across the border, or you know before on a daily basis, these small towns down in Texas, Arizona, and so they have a population of maybe five thousand people, they have twice three times that population coming through there on a monthly basis, and there's no services for them. We see how the liberals handle these migrant invasion, if you will, or migrant settlements. What about those forty migrants that were taking a Martha's vineyard. Yeah, it was a publicity stunt, but look what they did. They claimed that all of welcome arms are brothers and all this sort of stuff, and in forty eight hours they had the National Guard escort them off that island onto an army base. Yeah, the liberal caring until it hits their backyard anyway. Phone numbers five, one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty one, eight hundred eight two three talk one eight hundred eight two three eight two five five pound, five point fifty AT and T wireless phone Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 16: Station, fifty five KRC, You're just days away.
Speaker 2: Twenty one in the morning, Kevin Morton and for Brian Thomas fifty five KRE SEA the talk station.
Speaker 3: Shine. On Harvest Moon.
Speaker 2: Tuesday, Tomorrow, September the seventeenth, the full Harvest Moon will experience a partial lunar eclipse that will be visible for North and South America except Alaska, Europe, and most of Africa, Western Asia anyway, so on, and so forth. This is one of those times during the year when they call it the harvest moon because the sun or the moon is so big and so bright, and especially if you happen to catch that as the moon comes up, I mean, it is absolutely huge, and the shine from that is so big, and they call it the harvest moon because it actually provided enough additional light for farmers back in the day that they could extend their workdays on into the evening. And this will be a full moon for over a three day period of time, and there will be a partial eclipse of the Moon that will begin around eight forty pm Eastern daylight time on September seventeenth and will peak around ten forty four pm. Now what I'm looking at here, as far as our weather forecast is so on is supposed to be overcast on Tuesday, staying a little bit cloudy Tuesday night, which may be a problem in terms.
Speaker 3: Of being able to catch this.
Speaker 2: But there are some live streaming events and websites that you can do to check that out. But if you happen to be able to see that, it happens every year, or at least not the eclipse portion, but at least.
Speaker 3: The moon itself.
Speaker 2: And it's amazing when you drive around and it's I don't know if you've seen this or whatever, but you can be driving down the road and it looks like the thing is up there in terms of your vision, as big as a basketball in front of your face, and you think, well, you know, if I can just drive down the road and get up on top of this hill, I'll be able to see it even better and bigger and maybe get a picture of it. But for some sort of optical illusion or what happens by the time that seems like the more you drive closer to it or get higher up, you can't see it as well. So anyway, if you get a chance to see that and make sure you get out there around you know, September seventeenth, Tuesday evening, like I said, it's supposed to begin around eight forty in the evening and be able to catch that, it's really great to see. So anyway, that's what I have there now when we talk about gasoline prices. I was talking with that Mississippi Jim James Jim in the previous segment. You know, I do America's trucking network, and so I obviously gotline price and diesel prices are important to the truckers out there. But it is amazing to me when you look at the national average for gas prices every day and you look at how those prices are compared to around the country today. As a matter of fact, California, the average gas price in the state of California is four dollars and seventy six cents. In Mississippi, the average gas price in that state is two dollars and seventy three cents. Two dollars and two cents cheaper than California. And it's important to realize that California has so many different restrictions in terms of products that what happens in California depending upon because of their size, manufactures, if they have to cowtow California to make a product a certain way to satisfy the environmentalism or the climbinists out there, then that's what they produce for the rest of the country. And so you've got one state dictating to the rest of us how and what we are going to be paying for certain items. As far as you know, California gas emissions and so on. Some of those are in California, but some of them filter this way. And if you look at their why their prices are so high. There they have a state excise tax, a cap and trade tax, a sales tax, a CARB regulation costs, underground storage regulation costs, on top of the federal excise tax, the national tax, as far as a federal gas tax of eighteen point four cents a gallons. But all those taxes combine add up to a dollar forty three or thereabouts. On top of that, you have the state of California that demands that the oil companies or that the gasoline distillers make a special blend of gasoline that is more carbon neutral, and that on itself adds between fifteen to twenty five cents a gallon. And so when you see the nonsense going on in California in terms of their sanctuary cities, in terms of the homeless problem there, in terms of the prices that they're paying for their gasoline, why would you want a San Francisco radical Marxist liberal running the country. And if people don't wake up to that, if people don't see the problem with that, I don't know what else to say.
Speaker 3: The media isn't going to cover it.
Speaker 2: It's important and it's incumbent on us to get the message out. Talk among our friends. Don't be shy, talk to people. Hey, you know, if you lose friends over this, too damn bad. This country is so important and too important to be turned over to a bunch of Marxists anyway. Five one, three, seven, four nine fifty hundred eight two three A two five five pound, five fifty AT and T wireless phone coming off at the bottom of the hour, we've got Vikram Man Sharamani, an economists and author, wrote a book Making the Making of a Generalist and independent Thinker finds unconventional Success in an Uncertain World. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 10: Fifty five the talk station Dale Donovan here for my favorite cause, good Will Autolocks.
Speaker 3: Eight thirty two in the morning. Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas.
Speaker 2: Fifty five KRC the Talk Station. If you checked out my Facebook page this morning, you'll notice that I'm going to have my next guest, Vicrum Mansharamani. He is an economist and author and has written an interesting book, The Making of a Generalist Independent Thinker Finds Unconventional Success in an Uncertain World, and then another book that he wrote, a Thinking for Yourself. Welcome to the program, Vic Crum is certainly appreciated. And I hope I pronounced your name properly.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's perfect, Kevin, yep, Vikram Monstremney. So thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Oh, my pleasure. I guess I want to talk a little bit quickly if you don't mind. You ran for what the second district congressional seat in New Hampshire and the primary was this past Tuesday, correct, and you unfortunately and I watched a couple of the comments or a couple of the questions that were asked during one of the debates. I guess wm R, I think, and I thought, this guy's this guy's on fire. But anyway, sorry that that didn't work out. Well, I'm sure I'm sure you are as well.
Speaker 12: Look, yeah, look, I mean these things.
Speaker 13: As you know, there's a lot of different variables. Unfortunately, New Hampshire has a very late primary. Right, we're the last in the nation primary, and it's a Tuesday, after a week after Labor Day. And for better or worse, New Hampshire is also a state where tourists come and overcome our state during the summer months, and so no one really pays attention until the eleventh hour. And so after Labor Day is where the sprint happens. We have multiple debates and people pay attention. And despite that, you know, there were three major candidates in this race, and the three of us, the three of us in aggregate, I think, secured less than seventy five or eighty percent. Yeah, that means twenty percent just scattered among people that no one really knew about, possibly random and even here's an interesting kicker roughly.
Speaker 12: I think it was almost ten.
Speaker 13: Of those who came in to vote for the governor's race didn't even fill in a CD two candidate left it blank. So and by the way, and so if six outs, let's just say it was more than six thousand people that left it blank. And I came in second by a margin about five thousand some on votes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just incredible. And what now, correct me if I'm wrong? Apparently I am wrong. I thought New Hampshire primary was one of the first ones in the nation. It is for the presidency, for the president, so they split the primaries.
Speaker 12: Yes, the president.
Speaker 13: The first in the nation presidential primary took place in January.
Speaker 21: Uh huh.
Speaker 12: And then for the state.
Speaker 13: Primary, which is for you know, state offices as well as the two federal offices.
Speaker 12: Senate and or Congress.
Speaker 13: If there is a set this this cycle, there happens to be no Senate seat that's up, but there are the two congressional seats that were part of that process as well as the governor's race, so as well as all state offices.
Speaker 2: That seems like a double expense for the poll workers, the you know, all the network or the networking that goes into that and the mechanics of that. That almost seems a little duplication of efforts.
Speaker 12: But yeah, I don't know if I don't know if that's true, because let me tell you.
Speaker 13: Being in New Hampshire during the first in the nation presidential primary process.
Speaker 12: There is a huge value for being first in the nation.
Speaker 13: And I mean, look, every presidential candidate descends on this, All of the media, national media descends on New Hampshire. There are civic engagement at a level you probably wouldn't see elsewhere in the country.
Speaker 12: Frankly town halls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I guess the local candidates would get pushed out as far as news coverage and stuff like that.
Speaker 12: So yeah, that's exactly right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 12: You know, look, there's is it ideal?
Speaker 13: No, But I will tell you the first of the nation process for the presidential stuff is a wonderful thing for the state of New Hampshire. It's a wonderful thing for America because look, Kevin, I will tell you I had multiple presidential candidates in my living room where my children get to ask questions, our neighbors get to ask questions, and there is no pomp or circumstance. It is one on one real conversations with candidates, and New Hampshire does a great job of sniffing out, you know, real candidates versus those that are a little.
Speaker 2: Isn't that amazing that that, you know, that is one of those facets of our political process that is just so unique to us and especially unique to New Hampshire. That, yeah, that is really cool. Hey, I we need to take a quick break. It's away our clock works and we'll be right back if you can hang with us. My guest is Vic from Charlemani and we're talking about his book and some interesting thoughts that he has in terms of thinking for yourself, as well as his latest book, Being a Generalist, The Making of a Generalists. So anyway, we'll pick this up on the other side of the break. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas fifty five KR see the talk station.
Speaker 7: This is fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 20: Man.
Speaker 2: If you're Ordant in for Brian Thomas fifty five care see the talk station.
Speaker 3: My guess is Vic mon Charmani. He is an economist and author lecturer at Harvard School.
Speaker 2: Being a lecturer there just a wealth of knowledge and if you got to check out his website and I will post that on my Facebook page as well as we'll have a link on it to our from our website here at fifty five KR. See I'm fascinating you know your first book, Thinking for Yourself, I think is what caught my attention when you came on my radar screen because I read a couple of articles by you. And how does that fit with the latest book being a general This almost seems like the two don't mesh.
Speaker 13: Or a ken Yeah, look, I would go back even further to my original, my first book.
Speaker 12: So I've got three books out there.
Speaker 13: The first book is about financial bubbles, and I'll quickly connect the dots between the financial bubble book, the book Thinking for Yourself and it's called Think for Yourself, and then this latest book to journalist. What I found, Kevin very simply was when I studied financial bubbles, it turned out that actually, while many economists would say you can't see a financial bubble, what I found was that if you use multiple lenses to evaluate it, that you could in fact probabilistically figure out whether you were more likely or not to be in a bubble. And the way I did that is I said, not just economics, you got to look at psychology, you got to look at politics, you got to look at her ba, you have.
Speaker 15: To figure out fomo.
Speaker 13: And then when I applied that multi lens thinking logic to the world of strategy, personal decision making, and corporate decision making, what I found was actually it also worked. You have to be able to connect dots in a world where everyone is focused on generating dots. And I found this true in medicine. I found it true in personal finance as well as large corporate decisions and government actions. I said, you have to look through not only an economic lens, but also a geopolitical lens. You have to understand what's happening with technology, you have to understand what's happening in energy, you have to understand what's happening with individual psychology, culture, et cetera, and.
Speaker 2: Kind of the big picture effect, not just concentrating on a particular focus. And then, as you mentioned, the herd mentality, which is extremely dangerous, especially when you start looking at some of the investments and that type of thing that people were moving into. Well, whenever you've seen these bubbles whether it was the dot com bust in the the nineties and then the housing market in the late or two thousand and eight thereabouts in twenty twentylindsight you say, oh, here were the warning signs. Well, the warning signs were there, you just chose to ignore them.
Speaker 13: Well, that's right. And so just to quickly finish up there, Kevin. The generalist book, the one that's called The Making of a Generalist, is in fact that right, which is what is a generalist?
Speaker 12: A generalist is someone who.
Speaker 13: Prioritizes breadth of experience over depth of expertise.
Speaker 12: And the logic here.
Speaker 13: Is connecting dots using multiple perspectives, multiple disciplines or lenses is actually helpful to navigate uncertainty. So it's sort of a contrarian logic. Everyone gets taught, develop your expertise, your niche, and get deep and you know, learn something more than anyone else. Right, I'm going to suggest, actually that's not helpful. That's not helpful, particularly.
Speaker 12: In the time of artificial intelligence and technology.
Speaker 13: What you want is to be able to connect uts across these areas of expecuse.
Speaker 2: And you know, when you vic monscharm Ramani is my guess the you know when you talk about that in terms of drilling down on just a particular data points or this is where you see where in I guess government or in regulations that they believe that they are almost like the center of the universe and that everything evolves around them, whether it be the Federal Highway Traffic Safety Administration or the EPA or CDC or whatever. They don't seem to think outside of their area and see how whatever these ramifications will be out in the world. And I've seen some people talk in terms of what they should do with the federal government is instead of having all of these departments in Washington, maybe move them out. Hey, how about the Department of Agriculture be out where agriculture is?
Speaker 3: You know that's right?
Speaker 13: No, no, look, I agree with you, completely, completely agree him.
Speaker 12: Look it's not just and I'll broaden it. Look, it's this idea that experts know best.
Speaker 13: Yes, that actually there are people behind a desk who should tell all of us in the real world what to do. Like that is an offensive concept to me. I actually think a lot of us have knowledge and insight. And you know what, who knows better about me and my family than me and my family. No one can be literally, I think I'm the most informant person on that, and so therefore having experts of any sort tell us how to do things is at some level offensive, right, I mean again, we'll go back to the pandemic. I wrote this and think for yourself. You know, what was the cost? Actually I wrote it about think for yourself later, what was the cost of people missing mammograms or missing dental appointments that was not factored into the public health decision making process. Now maybe you could argue it didn't need to be, but there was a cost. It was not zero. People missing a mammogram led to probably having more cancer and probably more death than any public health official even factored into their process or.
Speaker 3: Even wanted to talk about it, or even wanted.
Speaker 15: To talk about.
Speaker 13: So they just talk about, oh, we have to lock down, we have to do but that's that's okay. Fine, you can argue, and I would I'm not sure I would agree that there were benefits, but you for sure have to accept that there were costs. And this gets to your point, which is the expert class, and embodied in some bureaucratic institutions, that you have three letter agencies in that way, that expert class feels that they know better than the rest of us, And that is what for yourself is the opposite of that book was written to say, all of us know enough to be able to make our own decisions. All these experts live in silos. They don't understand the big picture. Only you can understand the big picture of your own decisions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife, from time to time will make the comment, you know, it appears as though our best and brightest ain't so best and bright sometimes, which.
Speaker 12: Well, that's right, that's right, that's exactly right. Yeah, I mean, look, it's funny.
Speaker 13: The reason I used the title for that book called Think for Yourself, which is the image I had, was, you know, and my mother never really did this, but you can imagine a mother sort of slapping, you know, not in a violent way, of course. Wait a minute, now, it's sort of you know, telling a child stop this and think for yourself, Like, don't just follow her behavior, don't just these things that are stupid. If you know something is stupid, actually don't do it because someone told you to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if Billy jumps off the cliff, would you jump off the cliffs whole.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it's freezing cold outside, Go stick your tongue on the flagpole.
Speaker 12: Yeah no, don't like, don't do that.
Speaker 15: That's stupid.
Speaker 13: But yet, somehow, as we grow into adults, we start listening rather than to the cool kid, we start listening to the quote unquote expert who.
Speaker 12: Frankly doesn't understand the world the way they pretend to.
Speaker 2: No, and and and it's and it's obvious by a lot of the decisions and a lot of things that you see.
Speaker 3: It's it's you come and away scratching your head.
Speaker 2: And especially you know, having a background of economics, and I am I am a recovering accountant, so I have a tendency of delving out to the numbers way too often, and so it it. You know, things have to make sense to me. They have to pass the smell test. And so yeah, yep, exactly exactly.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's important to that.
Speaker 13: I mean, look, I do I do a lot of global work too, so it's important to think globally. It's important across industries, silos, think about geopolitics, economic make local technology developments. I mean, there's you have to connect dots. We live in a world where too many people focus on generating dots.
Speaker 12: We need to connect us. That is the way to navigate uncertainty.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, my guest has been back, vicram manshar Ramani.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: How can people get ahold of your books to go to your website or yeah, well.
Speaker 13: Look they're available everywhere. Books are sold ONEMA, on Barnes and Noble, etcetera. But the website is just my last name Monshuramani dot com. It's m A N s h A r A m A n I dot com.
Speaker 3: Vicum.
Speaker 2: I can't thank you enough for spending time with us today on such short notice.
Speaker 3: I certainly appreciate you. Have a great day and all the best to you.
Speaker 12: Perfect Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Ken, all right, take care. Let's say we need to step out here real quick. I'm Kevin Gordon in for Brian Thomas. Fifty five kr see the talk station.
Speaker 8: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 10: The latest on your money on fifty five k r C the talk station.
Speaker 21: This is a Bloomberg money minute. Chinese owned social media app TikTok takes its fight against a US ban to the next level today the US Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit. Here's arguments against a new law signed by President Joe Biden banning TikTok unless its parent Byte Dance sells the popular video sharing app. The company has vowed to challenge the ban all the way to the US Supreme Court. After more than a year of talks, Air Canada has reached a last minute contract agreement with the pilots union, heading off a strike that would have grounded more than a thousand flights per day. Meanwhile, in the US, striking machinists are expected to meet tomorrow with Boeing and federal mediators to begin talks after union members walked off the job last week. This is the week that borrowing costs are expected to come down, as the Fed holds a two day meeting and officials are widely expected to cut interest rates by at least a quarter percentage point. Stock futures are mixed this morning after a positive week for Wall Street genus Cervetti Bloomberg
Speaker 3: Are you receiving letters from the