Speaker 1: Jenny's talking about how you know, I didn't shower over the weekend, and I didn't shower. Showered Friday morning every morning before work, like clockwork. I never ever want to be the smelly guy ever at work, and so I showered Friday morning, didn't shower Saturday, went for a hike on Saturday. Then I went to the beach and sweated. Yesterday, no shower, and then I got you know, was sitting on the couch next to Susan last night and she's like, you stink, and I'm like seriously, She's like yeah, And then it came up a couple of more times, like wow, you really stink. You need to go take a shower. He said, I'll take one of the morning. She said, no, you should take one now, like boa, Okay, So Jenny hasn't washed her hair since what last week?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been about five days and.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look dirty. Do you not get oily hair?
Speaker 3: No? I'm very lucky in that aspect because I do have really thick hair. So people always ask me what I do. I really don't do anything. I do like put dry shampoo in it every once in a while. I haven't today.
Speaker 1: Is that what just soaks up oil? Is that what dry shamp?
Speaker 4: A weird like kind of powder or a salt sort of thing that just soaks up the Okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think my hair really ever smells, even though I'll sweat in it when I work out. But I always wash my body every single day. There's not a day ago without washing my body.
Speaker 1: Good. Please, thank you very much, welcome, We appreciate that. Hello. Favorite morning show. Dave always mentioned stopping elimonade stands when you see one. It's in my book. Today I pulled over and visited my first one ever as an adult. The kids wanted a dollar for a glass, and I got one, and I gave them twenty dollars.
Speaker 5: Geez.
Speaker 1: It was two boys, probably about ten years old. In your opinion, what's the appropriate amount to give kids at these stands? You gave way too much, way too much, way too much.
Speaker 3: I thought she was just gonna say I gave them a twenty and they only gave me like fifteen.
Speaker 1: Back or something. I think they gave the whole thing. Yeah. By the way, is Neil for reference, and he's in Atlanta listening all the way in Atlanta, Thanks Neil. If I were to get a dollar glass of lemonade, I'd give him a five. Sure, if I didn't have a five, I'd give them three dollars and say keep the change, you know, because why not, it'll make their day if they're probably not going to make more than like forty bucks at their lemonade stand anyway, so you know, give them a little joy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so nice of you.
Speaker 3: We always did lemonade stands growing up, not always, but every once in a while. And we'd also have cookies too, like fresh bake cookies. I don't remember anyone ever giving us more than what we were charging. Oh really, I do not remember that at all. Did you do lemonade sand.
Speaker 4: We did one one time, but I honestly it felt more like we were just hanging out with my sister and my neighbor.
Speaker 5: It was like having fun versus selling anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did. One. The reason I even brought this up is when I was probably about ten years old. We lived in the country. There was no real traffic, and we did elemonade stand on a dirt road where it intersected another dirt road, and one we waited for. I don't know how long, no traffic, no traffic, and then finally one guy stopped and got eliminade and we were so happy. Yeah, and I thought, fuck, it wasn't even the money, it was that somebody stopped. So I've always remembered that he goes. Also on Facebook, these t shirts popped up and they reminded me of your show. With the State Fair coming up? What are the KWB shirts? Are the KBDB shirts ready? What are the options for this year? Thinking thanks for making my kids ride to school enjoyable and entertaining me every morning? That is Neil in Atlanta, and there's a shirt that he that he sends in called pickleball Whore. I thought that was kind of funny, but then there's one that it says I'm calling HR and I am nearly positive. We came up with the I'm calling HR shirt for because of our bit, which we started about three years ago because Steve was still here and it was like, I'm calling HR. Oh, Jenny just called me a fat bloat. Well you are a fat bloat. I'm calling HR. You're a fat bloat. But I think that somebody else stole our idea for I'm calling HR.
Speaker 2: What the heck, Yeah, you should have. Is it trademarked? Is that what it would be? Something to the rights.
Speaker 1: I don't know that you can trademark a slogan. I don't. I think I'm.
Speaker 5: Calling HR, which is pretty commonplace.
Speaker 1: I don't think you can trademark that yet.
Speaker 5: Did in Parishilton trademark that's hot. We should trademark. I'm calling HR.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what, I just probably not gonna bother. Yeah, what are our shirts this year? Jenny? Do we have them online or is there like a way to look at the shirts in advance?
Speaker 3: We haven't released them quite yet, but I just know that there will be a day Ryan in the Morning Show shirt that's kind of like a.
Speaker 5: What is the acid wash?
Speaker 2: Acid wash?
Speaker 3: I believe we're going to be doing one that has an espresso martini on it. I'm trying to think. I'm sorry, I've been on the.
Speaker 1: We have a shirt that has an espresso because.
Speaker 3: Of Sabrina Carpenter's espresso. Oh so, I don't know that it's an espresso martini or if it's like more just espresso vibes.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've been on so many different email changs I can keep On.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure which one is anywhere, like which one is the shirt versus which one is a conversation about a shirt?
Speaker 1: You know, we every year we have an assignment. We don't have a department that makes up our shirt ideas for us. It's up to us, and usually Fallon comes up with a good one. I don't think they've ever used one of my ideas, not even once. I think we have a basic Dave Ryan Show's shirt that says like Dave Ryan Show established nineteen ninety three, and I think that's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's a cool color, it's.
Speaker 1: A cool color, and the fact that it says established nineteen ninety three is like retro enough that it's like, oh, that's pretty cool. It always makes me laugh when I drive by, Like, you know, Wanda's taco stand established twenty seventeen. It's like, Wanda, you don't get to brag about having a six year old taco stand. Seven year old taco stand. What else is it going to say about shirts? I think that's about it.
Speaker 3: I think we might have a long sleeve one two this year, and then I'm pretty sure we'll have like our class at katiewb logo upstore.
Speaker 1: That's a very popular one. Yeah, we realized that people don't wear shirts to publicize the RATEDEO station. They wear shirts to look cool the same reason. Like a kid that's seventeen will wear a rolling Stone shirt with a big tongue logo and they don't know a single rolling Stone song. They're not wearing it because they love the rolling Stones. They wear because they want to look cool. So we try to design shirts that make people look cool. Like people love the retro rainbow logo for some reason. They really do, even though to me it's like it looks so dated because I was here when it was new.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love it all right.
Speaker 1: Next one, it says they are from may May, probably May or my I'm not sure. A couple of questions that hopefully get the Minnesota Goodbye going. I was curious when Dave and Jenny say Think Fastest brought to you by so and so or Think Fastest sponsored by ABC. What does that mean is their revenue being brought in? I hope my question makes sense. Yeah, that means they pay to sponsor it. Like when we say we're broadcasting live from the Ozimpic studios in the you know, bass Pro shops, towers all paid for. It's all sponsored. They pay for the right to say that. And we say, think Fast is brought to you by whatever.
Speaker 2: It is, Northern one Hour Tool.
Speaker 1: Okay, we didn't do think Fast today.
Speaker 2: It's coming up later.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Okay, Yeah, they paid a sponsor that. Yeah okay. Also, Bailey, how long before you have your own company dimension on the radio? Jenny has Holiday station stores, Dave has Livia, et cetera. How does one begin to get themselves into a sponsor? Also, what happens if Jenny, and of course she's not but let's say she forgets to mention Holiday for three days? Is Holiday really listening to her mentioning them? Just curious? I'm sure that's just business work for you guys behind the scenes, not my business. Just thought it was interesting.
Speaker 3: I actually have to send someone the time that I talk about Holiday every.
Speaker 1: Single day, every single day.
Speaker 3: Yes, And of the almost three years I've been working with Holiday, I've only ever missed a day I think two times where I forgot to mention them. So yeah, I send it to someone. They pull the audio and they send it to the client, and the client lesson sometimes. But Billy will have one of her own. We will kind of double teaming up with Goodwill together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't really have details because I'm new and it's my first one. So I feel like that question for me is actually a better question for Jenny.
Speaker 1: Well, it is a good question because you're new, and clients won't necessarily buy somebody who's new until you get a little bit more. Don't feel bad, No, No, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I don't feel I just don't have the details on that question about what does it mean, what does it entail?
Speaker 5: I have no idea. I just said yes, and that's as far as it's gone for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we're absolutely we're here to, like, you know, help clients, and that's one of the things because clients are very important to us, so we would do what we can to make them happy. One last question, Should we not expect a Minnesota Goodbye show when you guys were at the State Fair love listening to you all every single day? Well, no, you will hear the normal show broadcast from the studio because we don't do the show from the fair during the week. The reason for that is we've done it. I think one year we did it, and there's nobody there that early. People They don't even open the gates until about nine I want to say. So we got there, it was dark. We sat in our trailer back when we had the big kdewb elevated boombox maybe you remember that or maybe you don't. And we sat there and watched kids walk by with a goat on a rope, and we said, well, there's no reason for us to be here, so we don't broadcast the show from the fair during the week, just on Saturday. PS. Are you guys allowed to share what State Fair shirts are being made? I feel like there's be a shirt that's plastered with quotes that you guys say throughout the week. For example, so today at pickleball, Jenny, that's a joke, Dave, Oh, you know Blase Blah Vaunt who does say that? Blah blah blah blah, and guys, I'm hungry Bailey. I can probably go on with Hugh Morbid. I'll stop there, have a great week. No sticker needed, I've got one. Goodbye, Thank you min appreciating that.
Speaker 3: I feel like a shirt that just says I'm hungry on it actually would sell really well, Like it doesn't even like, yeah, it's associated with Bailey, but just like people would probably buy that, especially at.
Speaker 5: The fair too. Dang it is it too late, too late? Can we go to the people and be like, hey, too late, hungry Dave.
Speaker 1: You probably know this, but Green Day. But I went to Green Day spanishing Pumpkins last night. And who was on guitar Your girl Kiki Wongo at least your girl in terms of y'all turned us onto her on your Instagram a while back. Super cool. Kiki Wongo is a she's a girl, she's a guitarist. She's fucking awesome, and I somehow started following her on Instagram and she's so good. And now she's working with Smashing Pumpkins or Green Day, one or the other, and she's so good. And I'm so glad to see she's doing so good because I've watched her videos for years and she's all and it always kind of made me feel bad for he because she lives in la in an apartment that's so small, it's like a one bedroom like a studio apartment. She has guitars hanging in the wall and she does it next to her bed, which shows me she lives in a one and to me it was like, she's so good. Now she's taken off and doing well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super cool. Kiki one go k I k I w o n g o Oh you Kiki, thank you Mark uh. Next one listening to If I Were thirty years Younger podcast in which you were listening to the technical shortcomings of iHeart. As I underline this, the podcast is in mono left speaker only, Chumba casino ads are in stereo though, ha ha ha old computers aside, love you guys. Very likely my fault on that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to do a certain kind and I don't know why it defaults to the mono sometimes it's so weird, but I always check that one I when I have to do it in exports.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that was my bad because at the end of it, we have to choose whether we want it in left sting, left speaker, bright speaker, or both speakers or channels. And I screwed that one up. Oh, and we'll take the blame for it.
Speaker 4: I've listened to a lot of episodes and I've only ever heard it out of one or one time, so.
Speaker 3: It's not fun though, So I, yeah, I have people that I like listen to it like that, I like feel your pain, so we always try to make sure we don't do that.
Speaker 1: Jackie writes in it's ten thirty ish on a Saturday night, my fat ass has decided to make myself a big bowl of ice cream. Ye since I've been listening to Minnesota Goodbye all day, I started to wonder what your favorite ice cream toppings are. Mine is Heath, magic shell, butterscotch, and sprinkles, Because apparently I'm six, just thought it'd be fun to hear what you guys go to top toppings are. Thanks for making me actually want to get up for work in the morning, even though I can only listen for about thirty minutes in the cars, You guys are not safe for work. Darty, Darty, lick lick. That is from Jackie. I love magic Shell. I'm not a sweet sky. I almost never have ice cream, but if I were going to, probably just some like chocolate sauce. I don't know, I'm boring, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think Heath is like a spot on, and I like sprinkles. I don't love a lot of sauces because I already hate when ice cream starts to melt and gets like too liquidy and gets like.
Speaker 2: Milkshape and milt shaping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't like that, so I stick to more of your solid toppings.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't really put toppings on my ice cream, but I try to get ice cream that has like the toppings mixed in already, Like Moose Tracks is essentially topping heavy. Yeah, but it's inside of the ice cream. And I love Moose Tracks ice cream. So anything that's got like chunks of stuff in it, that's the ice cream.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 5: All right, good, oh god, that sounds so good.
Speaker 1: You guys, Bailey's hungry again.
Speaker 5: I'm hungry.
Speaker 1: Next one, Whitney says, First off, I love every I love you and everything you stand for. This is to all of us, not just not just me. I was wondering if you can clear something up for me. I've always understood that you can play about twenty seconds of a song before getting in trouble for playing it on the podcast. Recently, your voices were cut off at the mere whisper of a tune. Did the rules change? It really makes the mixtape game and winning song Wednesday a lot less fun unfortunately, If possible, please let us hear a few lines so we could groove along with you as we always have. Beat bop boop. She signs off, and I love that, Whitney. I believe you're right. It used to be a twenty second rule, but the company said a couple of months ago, none, none, none is allowable. Yeah, and which is weird because you know, the boss said, I said, what about new music Friday, I'm playing the new Halsey for example. He's like, no, you still got to do that one. And I'm like, okay, So, I mean, I'm not making the rules, but I got to follow the rules because I'm not going to get called into the boss's office and be like, why did you on the podcast play twenty seconds of the mixtape game? So yeah, you know, yeah, so that's the rules, and I don't I think that the company right now is they're very paranoid about being fined or sued because they've got no extra money, yeah to get fined or sued. Okay, let's see we get another one here. We got a lot of them in Actually, this one's actually quite funny and I'm gonna save it for on the radio. It's a Facebook fight about drones. And it's funny because somebody was on their lake and some yahoo was hovering a drone over them, and they were like in a bikini on a boat with their friends and they're like, okay, well we have a drone hovering over us, and it's you know, getting pictures of me and my friends in our bikinis. And somebody wrote in on this Facebook and they said, I am a drone pilot. We're not there to look at your bikinis. We don't care. We're just out getting drone footage. And basically they went back and forth.
Speaker 2: M okay.
Speaker 3: I feel like, I don't know, I think there's still a respect level with a drone that you can't do that. When I did Lake Patrol last summer, I hopped on this boat of like forty gay dudes and they were living their best life and their speedos and they had a drone out and they were taking foot of of stuff and I don't think anyone cared because it was big island and they were probably hyped to be on it. But I think they probably kept it around their boats. So oh yeah, yeah, yeah, I think there's still like somewhat of a respect level with drones to not be around a group of girls in bikinis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would feel like a a big perv if you did. So, we'll cover that when it gets kind of funny. We'll do that on the regular show. Let's see, we talked about movies that get your career wrong. Kaylee writes in and says, movies always get teaching incorrect by portraying us going to the teacher's lounge to let off steam between classes. No wrong, we are racing ahead of the students to get to the bathroom and back in the four minute passing period. Anyway, love the show and the new editions of Bailey and vont Thank you, Kaylee.
Speaker 5: Thanks for teaching, Kaylee.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another one. Stephanie sears, I love the game. I'm sorry I'm late, but so I thought I would jazz it up and play with my three year old. I changed it from movies to books, and I think it'd be very popular amongst parents and children alike. So basically, I sorry, i'm late, but this caterpillar ate my book and he was really and so then I guess.
Speaker 2: The kid was hungry, hungry caterpillar.
Speaker 1: That's right, Jenny. Sorry, I'm late, but my dad was going to kill this little pig, as he said it was the runt of the litter, and I said, no, would you have killed me if I was a run So I've been nursing this pig to health and he's been doing really well, and he's you could say he's some pig.
Speaker 5: Oh is that Charlotte's webb?
Speaker 1: Is Charlott's web Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, Sorry, I'm late, but I got so nervous to turn the page because I heard that there was a monster and I was so scared, so I couldn't turn the page. And that's why I'm late.
Speaker 2: Man, I shouldn't know where the wild things are.
Speaker 5: No, it's a monster at the end of this book.
Speaker 1: Is that deserve a book called that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's with Grover was classic?
Speaker 1: Oh I didn't. I think our kids must have missed that one either. By the way, I've been collecting a lot of Dave Ryan trivia if you ever want to do another pop trivia session. I love the show and listen to the show podcast and the Minnesota Goodbye as much as I can. Pop Quiz what Dave Ryan show co host was once an extra on a show called Power I have no idea. Yeah, it's fund oh okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the back of his head, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he was on set for like an entire day or something. Okay, but also yeah, send us that pop quiz questions. Yes, if she has some questions, we would like to use those again because we've done those before.
Speaker 1: Yes, do love the Morning Show Gang. The variety and personalities makes it so much fun to listen. On Friday, my coworker told me a joke and made me laugh so naturally in a share here we go, pirate walks into the bar and bartender says, hey, do you know you have a steering wheel hanging out of your pants? The pirate says, I made. It's been driving me nuts.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's been good. What Dave Steele? That your next joke on air?
Speaker 1: No, it's not as funny as My Kamala Harris show.
Speaker 2: That one's really good driving me.
Speaker 1: Nuts, driving me nuts, And because of time restrictions, that's going to do it for the Minnesota goodbye. Send in your emails. We got a little bit of a backlog, so if you haven't heard yours yet, we're going to try to get to it. But always love to get new ones too. Send those into Ryan show at KDIWB dot com to comment on anything that we brought up, whether you think my Kamala Harris joke is funny because you know, we don't do politics on the podcast. We really don't do podcasts or politics at all, coming up the Kamala Harris Hour, Fuck you guys, You know what.
Speaker 2: Fun?
Speaker 1: That was funny? All right? Send in your anything to Ryanshow at KDIWB dot com