Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray. I'm telling you easy Boston News Radio.
Speaker 2: And the Celtics move on. What great news for all the Celtics fans. My name is Dan Ray, and this is Nightside. We're talking about issues tonight, including the first one hundred days of the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: How do you think it's gone?
Speaker 2: Last hour, we talked about some of the changes in that are taking place at Harvard under pressure from the Trump administration. Uh, and we've had really two very good hours on that. So we're going to keep rolling on this, and I'm going to bring back i Leen from Wallfam who was asking the question I guess, which is really a fundamental question of how is it that a lot of these private universities are receiving funds in the first place? I think that's what you're asking Eileen.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yes, definitely. Well, I think what happens is out there, and I worked in one of those Latin in IH funded labs, and let's just say they weren't as sufficient as what they could be.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably right, and you're probably being honest about that. But what happens is, over time, government always grows, government gets bigger, very rarely is anything ever eliminated from government. And as a matter of fact, the rule of thumb is that if you are a program that is funded and towards the end of the year you look and oh my god, you have actually money left over in the in your account, you spend that as quickly as you can. Because if you are being funded with let's say, I don't know, just pick a number, fifty billion dollars and you've got ten billion dollars left over in your account, it's possible that they might try to cut your money next year.
Speaker 3: So it just government grows like tops.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's true, and I think that's what what Doge and what Musk have tried to do. But I don't think they've done it effectively. I don't think they've done it efficiently. And I think that Musk standing up on stage with some sort of a power saw was just exactly the image that the Democrats.
Speaker 3: Were looking for.
Speaker 2: It was almost as if he wanted to submarine, uh no, undermine everything that he had tried to accomplish. You know, I look at, for example, I look at the election that was that was announced yesterday last night in Canada. The Mark Kearney, the new Prime Minister of Canada. He didn't win that election. Donald Trump handed it to him on a silver platter. I mean, all the crazy talk will make go make connect Canada the fifty first state. And they probably were eleven people up there who said that's a good idea, yeah, and all the the other people said no, way, heck no, and they've decided I'm not going to vote for some of the Trump whites. He basically helped to elect the guy last night. I don't understand Trump sometimes, I really don't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well nobody.
Speaker 3: Does, so, Yeah, I guess that's a problem.
Speaker 1: That's all.
Speaker 4: That's a whole alarsia itself.
Speaker 3: But it's your it's your congress, Congress.
Speaker 4: Basically, it's irresponsible, well irresponsible.
Speaker 2: We keep responding, you keep sending back to Congress the same people for the most part, and you're going to get the same results.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like, uh, but.
Speaker 2: We don't really we love our we love our own congressman. There are some congressmen who I really like and I think that they're doing a great job. There's there's probably no congressman who I agree with totally, but but there are some who are just I think insane. Look at this guy out in Detroit who now wants to file articles of impeachment against Trump. How do that work out the first time? Democrats?
Speaker 3: Huh? How many people want to get on that train?
Speaker 6: Like me?
Speaker 4: It's just hate. It's just hate, hate, and more hate. So it's it's you can't. It's almost impossible to abate it.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably right. I think you're probably right. I leave this always, thank you so much for calling.
Speaker 4: I think one quick comment on on Harvard yep. If they there's so much propaganda and misinformation, be as fewed out there, okay, I mean the facts are totally different. What's being said. Give is the not the oppressor, not the imperialist iranist. They've taken over Syria, two or three different countries.
Speaker 2: I think that it is. There was a report today. There was a report today. If you listened in the ten o'clock hour, I was reading from the report.
Speaker 3: There's a New York.
Speaker 2: Times article tomorrow that basically Harvard promises changes. This is the New York Times. It will be in tomorrow's paper. It cleared at three fifty seven this afternoon by Enomena, Heart of Callis and Vimal Patel, Harvard promises changes after reports on anti Semitism and Islamophobia, and they found that there was a lot on that campus. These two reports were disgraceful, and as a result, Harvard's president has says Harvard cannot and will not abide bigotry. This was a brutal, brutal assessment by the people who Harvard hired.
Speaker 4: Can say, they can say they won't at all, but all of this time, being a school of education, higher education, shouldn't they have made an effort to say, to set the stat straight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but deren Claudine Gay as the president of Harvard, who didn't who couldn't even define or or identify anti semitism. She's a brilliant scholar, and she was the president of Harvard, and she was decimated.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, she's not brilliant if she can't see the audius.
Speaker 2: Well, she was the president of Harvard. I would think that most people, in order to become president of Harvard would be would be you would consider them brilliant. She couldn't define or recognize anti semitism. She's no longer the president of Harvard.
Speaker 3: She was destroyed at that congressional hearing in December twenty twenty three. She disgraced herself.
Speaker 2: She disgraced herself as she disgraced your university.
Speaker 7: But definitely, But I mean.
Speaker 4: They haven't done anything to dissuade misinformation.
Speaker 3: Good augh.
Speaker 2: I think you've made that point now three times, and I think it was equally valid. The third time is the first two times. Thank you, Eileen. I appreciate your call. Thank you so much. Bye bye.
Speaker 3: We'll take a quick.
Speaker 2: Break six one seven, six, one seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine three, one, ten thirty.
Speaker 3: What sort of a gride would you give Donald Trump? One hundred days?
Speaker 2: That's the hypothetical market when the honeymoon ends. Donald Trump never had a honeymoon with the mainstream media, There's no doubt about that. What sort of a grade would you give him? Has he done anything well in your opinion? Has he done anything wrong in your opinion? We'll be back on Nightside joined the conversation after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with Dan Ray on w b Z Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Democrats are just pathetic at this point in terms of politics.
Speaker 3: So you have this is Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 2: Talking about Trump intimidating judges. Roll please play cut three, please please.
Speaker 8: They're trying to intimidate judges. This is not the first time or the second they've said they want to impeach judges. They said they're going to go after judges who don't agree with them. That is so against the constitution. What Trump, Beyondy and the whole Justice Department are trying to do is push the judge, threaten that judge, so the judge is no longer impartial.
Speaker 9: It is outrageous.
Speaker 8: You cannot have a democracy without an independent judiciary, and they're trying to clip the wings of that independence.
Speaker 3: Now there is Chuck Schumer.
Speaker 2: He is a man of integrity and he is concerned about the intimidation of judges.
Speaker 3: He's the leader.
Speaker 2: He's a fearless leader of the Democratic Party, a man to be admired and who has integrity. Is cut This is Chuck Schumer just a couple of years ago, threatening Neil Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh. But this wasn't trying to intimidate the judge. This was trying to simply, I'm sure in Chuck Schumer's mind, show them the proper way. Cut three a rob.
Speaker 3: They're taking away fundamental rights. I want to tell you, gor Zutz.
Speaker 8: I want to tell you, Kavanaugh, you have released the whirlwind.
Speaker 3: And you will pay the price.
Speaker 8: You won't know what's hit you you go forward with this awful decisions.
Speaker 2: Now, some would some would interpret that as a threat. I certainly wouldn't, and don't. I would think that any reasonable person would just say that Chuck Schumann wasn't trying to intimidate judges.
Speaker 10: There was he No, he was just trying to explain to them, you know, in a calm manner, recognizing, of course, calling them, you know, by just their last names, which is which judges love.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have some judge who is, you know, Judge so and so. They love to be called Smitty or whatever their last name is, Kavanaugh or Gossig. What a phony bologney Chuck Schumer is. And he's part of the reason the Democrats can't win. And that's part of the reason why I think AOC is going to take him out. The guy is a fraud. He's been a fraud for the last ten years. Let's keep rolling here. We're gonna go with you getting me worked up. Let's go to Hey, Matt, welcome back.
Speaker 11: How are you hey?
Speaker 12: Then, good to hear from you.
Speaker 7: Sorry to catch you on the twenty seventh, thought I had an emergency.
Speaker 6: Come up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you missed a great day. We had a great, great afternoon over there. We talked about a little bit last night. Go right ahead, Matt, you.
Speaker 7: Were all right, all right, Well, I appreciate it. Well, you know, listening to Chucky, you know, shoon, you know, it sounded I hate to say it, but it sounded like almost like one of the speeches from the nineteen thirty sees just yelling and hollering, and you know, it's degrading to you know, any judge at any point he's trying to make. It's not a point of my call, but just to even say that, and you know, look how it ended up there. Now I'm the Supreme Court, and in my opinion, rightfully so well Leaf for a Kavanaugh is Judge Kavanaugh.
Speaker 2: Kevin gorses with Supreme Court justice He held he held a rally on the steps of the US Supreme Court to do exactly what he said shouldn't be done, to threaten the independence of the judiciary because they had issued some rulings that he didn't agree with.
Speaker 3: That's the total hypocrisy of it. Trump is just a different type of He's Trump is living rent.
Speaker 2: Free in the heads of a lot of these people. Oh well, I'm going to run for a third term. He's not going to run for third term. This Supreme Court would knock him down nine to nothing. Running for a third term absolutely never gonna happen. But he's going to toy with their minds, in my opinion, and live rent free in their heads. Go ahead, Did you want to talk about the first time of days what he's doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well ahead.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean absolutely, And you know that half half the issue here and is half.
Speaker 6: The issue is exactly what you just said, is.
Speaker 7: That President Trump has done a lot of good things in the first hundred days, but because of the media and because of how everything's distorted, nothing can be recognized. You know, the terrofts have. This is where I'm gonna say a little bit about him that has not been perfect. He has not held completely to all the you know, he's delayed somewhat. China put a hole on some of them, and Canada, and that's where I wish he would have been stronger on sticking to when he said he was going to do it and actually do it and.
Speaker 12: Keep to it.
Speaker 7: But it has seen although the GDP had gone down a very small percentage over one hundred days, which I would call a residual of maybe Joe Biden, But I would think Donald Trump is so many issues that go up against him. Miss Harvard thing is despicable, and he's handily He's always been a servant supporter of you know, Jewish people, and you know, with what's happened there and with what's happened just around the world. He's never given a chance, Donald Trump, except by the people who support him. So I'll give him an eighty eight, an eighty eighty FID that of one hundred of support. I think it's a couple of things he could have done better, But.
Speaker 2: I think he's been sort of a whirling derviship activity. He's his own worst enemy in many respects. He needs to be more disciplined. It's like an athlete, you know, a politician is very much like an athlete. An athlete can be a great athlete, but if they're not disciplined, that that lack of discipline will kill their game. It's as simple as that. I don't care you know what sport you're talking about. You got to be disciplined and you have to you know, whatever the sport is, you've got to be part of the team. He's actually the leader of the team. But he's out there going after Canada. We're going to take off agreement. Those were not the reasons people voted him into office.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: They were interested in the border. He's done that. They're they're interested in getting some control of government spending. That jury is still out on that. In my opinion, they were hoping that he could somehow bring it into the hostilities uh in the Middle East and and into the hostilities in Ukraine. He's working on those. Let's see if he can.
Speaker 7: Hasn't given it, you know, I would just say him by saying no, really, that's just how it's what you're saying is absolutely correct. But he is his worst enemy. But he's also being given hate by his worst enemies. Literally, you know, he's not per accur He.
Speaker 3: Gives his worst enemies ammo.
Speaker 2: You know, he would be like, I mean, if we were in with another country and we said to the other country, hey, do you need some fighter jets? We have some extra fighter jets. It would make the would make our competition. We're gonna send you fifty fighter jets. Okay, they're easy to fly, they're great. And what about some some you know, some aircraft carriers. Do you need a couple of aircraft carriers?
Speaker 3: Yeh, sure, no problem.
Speaker 2: You don't do that if you're gonna if you're gonna fight with the enemy, you fight to win.
Speaker 3: And this whole thing with Greenland and.
Speaker 2: With Canada, we're gonna make the fifty first state. What's he smoking?
Speaker 7: Does he really think about not the right not the right stuff?
Speaker 2: And well, you know, talk about making Cuba the fifty first state. Maybe and you might have a chance at that.
Speaker 3: Okay, but no, But Kenny.
Speaker 7: You know, I think he's doing okay, you know, I just would say that he does. Add Am, you know, look, he's done this for a very long time. I'm used to this with Donald Trump. He says whatever comes to his mind, and he does not care. But in the end, when I see good results, I can understand that he's not going to be the most politically get himself politically correct.
Speaker 2: I got you, I got you, Okay, Thanks Matt, appreciate you have a great night.
Speaker 3: Right, Thanks Matt. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Ken and Walton. Hey, Ken, welcome, get you in here before the news at the bottom of the hour.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, Ken, oh Dan.
Speaker 6: You know, I wish Schumer had apologized for his remarks but and admonished himself stronger. But he did come up the next day he said he regretted the words he used. He said they didn't come out as I intended. And then he said I shouldn't have used the words I did, but in no way was.
Speaker 9: I making a threat.
Speaker 6: Well make a threat, and he should.
Speaker 13: Have said I apologized.
Speaker 12: I don't, but at least at least.
Speaker 6: He you know, sort of apologize.
Speaker 2: I just think it takes away for him to have any sort of high ground on that particular issue. Now you know, you've given up your high ground. That's all because it's almost as if the politicians of today don't realize that the statements they make are memorialized.
Speaker 3: We have audio tapes.
Speaker 2: Right if we were back in the in the in the nineteen twenties as opposed to the twenty twenties, I mean, Calvin Coolidge or you know, could have said anything he wanted to.
Speaker 3: You know, well, I never said that the newspaper.
Speaker 2: Men wrote it down wrong, you know, but they got to do it now they got people at tape.
Speaker 6: What I mean, he says so many things, he's and he got too emotional and he blew it. It was it was bad.
Speaker 3: What else is going on?
Speaker 6: I did, That's not why I wanted So I think, you know, I do think Trump is the worst president of my lifetime for many reasons. I do. I I want to hit the retribution angle, like the suing of Paramount and ABC News.
Speaker 3: You know him way clear he sued Stephano, right, is that the lawsuit?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 9: Settlement sement they did they did, Okay.
Speaker 3: So they were wrong or they wouldn't have paid the settlement.
Speaker 6: Well, I think they're trying. I think there's a part of them that's trying to by another network or something, not a network, but other entities when they want, and Trump has to approve it or his FCC has to.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, do you do you think the national media has treated Trump fairly?
Speaker 6: Well? I do because I think Trump's outrageous. So and if I could just go one more place.
Speaker 2: Because I was, let me just ask you a question, yep, Sure, if the Philadelphia Eagles had decided that they were not going to visit the White House because they didn't like Donald Trump's politics. As I think they won the Super Bowl I guess it was was a twenty eighteen or twenty nineteen they beat remember they beat the Patriots in Minneapolis, the game that the defensive back Butler was sat down and they didn't go to the White House.
Speaker 3: It was a huge story, huge.
Speaker 6: Story that they take back what I said, actually, because because there are instances where, particularly when I was bringing Trump's first term, i was living in DC and I'm reading the Washington Post and I'm reading, you know, same thing as the Globe, and I'm saying, boy, this really should be in the editorial page. Right, they were just taking shots of Trump. But I didn't.
Speaker 2: I read the Globe and if the if the Eagles had boy, the Eagles showed up. There was a great picture I saw. I assume it was probably on Fox or CNNs this morning, and it showed all the players behind him and it looked like the entire Eagles team. I guess he had played golf with Barkley, the big running back whatever, And uh, well, if you're going to do the story five years ago that they didn't go and now they have gone. That's a classic journalist's story of you know, things have changed. It doesn't mean that he's a nicer person than he was back then, but certainly he's more palatable to this group of football players. And it's not covered. That's the stuff that's so obvious. Anyway, go ahead, I started to do down a path.
Speaker 3: I want to hear what you want to say.
Speaker 6: Yeah, not a problem. So I wanted to talk. The worst example I think of Trump's performance in the retribution area is just let me tell you who Chris Krebs was. He was the director of cybersecurity under a homeland security for Trump. It was part of the team, part of the team that did the analysis on whether what the fraud was in twenty twenty election. He came out and said it was the most you know, secure election ever, that kind of thing. Frump fired him, and now within this past month, he has signed an executive order directing Pam Bondi to investigate him for activities. That's all. But I remember in the news reports, that's all he has said, and he called him a wise guy and a fraud and there's just no evidence that Chris Frebb did anything. You know, he's just a government guy who you know.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 2: Familiar with Krebs, but I was trying to stay out of the rabbit hole with Donna because she wanted to bring the name up and all of that. I look, I think that he has issued too many executive orders. I think that he has spent too.
Speaker 3: Much time worrying about Greenland.
Speaker 2: I think that the only thing that is legitimate, in my mind is his concern about the Panama Canal, which the Carter administration sold the Panama Canal to Panama for a dollar. China now has has set up installations at I believe at least one end of the Panama Canal.
Speaker 3: We've got to worry about that.
Speaker 2: That's where his focus, you know, to put Vance and his wife on a plane to go to to a US military base and green What purpose is served by that?
Speaker 3: I just think it's it's your wasting time. You know. It's like, are you a sports fan?
Speaker 6: I am?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I mean I if I had a pitcher in the mound who's facing the number nine batter, and all he's going to do is throw three fastballs down the middle. This guy won't even see the pitch and he'll strike out. And so he throws the first two pass fastballs down the middle, and then he says, well, let me try my knuckleball or my curveball or a slider or whatever. And he gets the guy to three and two, and then he just throws the third one down the middle and strikes the guy out. What he's done is he's wasted three pitches. Okay, I want my president to be efficient, and I want the pitcher on my baseball team to be efficient. You know, That's all I'm trying to say. Then, you know, I think you understand that. But you talk to the Trump people, and any criticism is considered being disloyal.
Speaker 13: Right right?
Speaker 14: Ye?
Speaker 6: And I yeah, yeah. And you know there was a lot of complaints about Joe Biden direct you know, directing Garland to investigate Trump, which the White House always denied, right.
Speaker 3: En on top of his game to remember that.
Speaker 6: Sure, but yeah, but take the right Yeah. No, I mean Trump literally signed an investigat executive order directing Pam Bondi to investigate crebs. So I think that's right up there with that. That gets in my head. I know he's not going to come after me. But stuff like that, I.
Speaker 2: Think, let's see, let's see, let him waste time, Okay, that's lack of discipline.
Speaker 3: That's that's the picture.
Speaker 2: Who's who's who's wasting three three pitches to try to get the number nine guy out who couldn't hit his fastball?
Speaker 3: You know, if he was up there with the tennis.
Speaker 2: Racket anyway, Ken as always, I appreciate it. There's a lot of my Trump listeners who have said they don't want to talk to me anymore. But that's fine. You know, I'm gonna call him as I see him, Okay. And I think that Mark Carney last night, the new Prime Minister of Canada, in his opening remark, should have said simply thank you, Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: That's a great point. I think that's you know what, Dan, I'm always smarter at midnight than I was at eight listening to your show.
Speaker 2: I really sported with callers like you because you got you not a challenge and raise issues. And I know more about Chris Krebbs. Now there used to be an NBA player played for the Lakers a long time ago. I think his name was Jim Crebbs, probably not related. And we cannot forget. Maybe Krebs of the Adobe Gillis show. They may have been related, who knows.
Speaker 6: Oh, you know, I'm embarrassed to tell you I remember that.
Speaker 3: That's okay. I figured.
Speaker 13: I do remember my.
Speaker 6: Mother not letting me watch that show, and I do.
Speaker 3: Thanks. Thanks arrived, you.
Speaker 6: Know, yeah, thanks, thanks for okay.
Speaker 2: The only line open is six one seven nine three one ten thirty. Everything else is full. Six one seven nine three one ten thirty. We're coming right back on night Side.
Speaker 9: It's night Side with Boston's news Radio.
Speaker 3: All right, let's keep rolling here.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go next to Ron and Bob Rather Bob in Raynham, Massachusetts. Hey, Bob, what sort of a grade would you give Donald Trump for his first hundred days?
Speaker 5: M First of all, can I thank you for the event on Sunday. It was a great time.
Speaker 3: And I enjoy meeting you there, Bob.
Speaker 5: It was a pleasure meeting you right.
Speaker 2: Back at you, man, I really mean that seriously, And I met so many people that that morning and early afternoon. It was It was fabulous. It was so much fun, and I'm so glad you made it. And now I can put a face and I feel like I really know you before you're sort of that voice from Raindom, but now.
Speaker 3: It's a guy I know from Raydom. So excellent. So what what's what sort of a grade would you give President Trump?
Speaker 2: Or is there want to talk about what you think he did has done well or what he has not done well.
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 5: Like you like you had mentioned, you know, some of the nonsense has to go as far as like you know, Canada being the fifty first state, and I mean that that just that just takes away all the all the sincere, good things that he he has because of course his enemies are gonna rab on that and say, see he's a dictator, he wants to take over the world, blah blah blah. Like you said, he's his own worst enemy. He gives them ammunition.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and.
Speaker 2: It's like I know that he he likes you know, worldwide wrestling, and he likes the fights that he goes to and all of that, and that's all show. And it's like, you're the president of the United States, be serious if you really want to try to do something with Canada, you know, deal with them, you know, don't don't denigrate. I wasn't a fan of Justin Trudeau, but you know, don't call him governor. He's the Prime Minister and he more than I want someone calling the president of the United States.
Speaker 3: And I don't care who the president is.
Speaker 2: I care who the president is, but I want him him or her when when we do get a female president to be given the respect of the office. And I just think he needs to extend the respect of the office.
Speaker 3: To the other countries as well. So I just think that he's spending his political capital, he's wasting his political capital unnecessarily.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I agree with that. But on the other hand, you know your previous caller, you know, calling him the worst president ever after following Joe Biden, I mean, is comical. I mean when when you think about it, uh, how much.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying that's that's Ken. That's Ken's opinion. So it's tough to But I might disagree with I'm not. I don't think Donald Trump so far, the first hundred days is the worst president ever. I thought he had a fairly successful first term in office, and COVID came along and cut his legs off from underneath him.
Speaker 5: Well, well he did. And and also but I mean to to just squash any people that believe that. I mean, how much American blood does Joe Biden have on his hands as opposed to President Trump. President Trump, as far as I'm concerned, has no American blood on his hands.
Speaker 6: And the I mean.
Speaker 2: You're talking you're talking about you're talking about what happened at the airport in Kabul when we lost thirteen members.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's one of many. I mean, what about all of the fentanyl debts, And.
Speaker 3: That's a great point.
Speaker 5: Wasn't even that, you know, the lake and Riley's and all the stuff that could have happened didn't allow you know, the invasion of our nation. I mean that that guy was the worst in stage.
Speaker 2: But I think and again I'm not sure we're not going to change Ken's opinion, but I think that's strong evidence that you've just produced. Look the invasion and the open borders. Those were open borders all along. You saw the video of people streaming across the border. The media didn't cover that if they ignored it as if it wasn't happening. They flew airplanes full of people into the country. If you're going to bring people into the country, bring them in legally, fly them into a US military. Let's assume you're going to say, okay, haities and crisis, and we're going to bring five hundred people or whatever a thousand people in from Haiti and fly them to the US military base, put them up in the US military base, find out who they are, find out what their background is, and then slowly but surely put them on a path to citizenship. I don't have a problem with that, okay, but but you just don't fly them in and release them and without knowing who they are.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, I have I have two hotels within five miles of my house loaded with these people. And I mean they're out here. I mean I'm in a pretty nice community here, and they're out here begging for money on the side of the road. We never had that before. I didn't vote for that. I don't want that in my community. I mean, and you know, we have you know, of course, young children and whatever, and like, you know, we have to explain all the stuff to these I mean, we didn't ask for any of this. And yet now and they they snuck these people in in the dead and night while we were sleeping, and all of a sudden, these hotels will fill with these people. But now that we want to get them out, it's like this big deal. Oh we have to have uh you know, due process process individuals.
Speaker 2: Did you did you hear my conversation earlier tonight with Dan from San Francisco. No, it was at ten o'clock. It was a pretty spirited conversation. Is exactly what you're talking about. Exactly what you're talking about, you know, Bob all great points. Again, thanks for your kind comments on Sunday. I really appreciate everyone who showed up. It was a great event, and we'll do something else at something Bo in the not too distant future.
Speaker 6: Thanks my friend, Thank you, Bye, Bob, talk.
Speaker 3: To you soon. Good night. Sixty.
Speaker 2: I got a couple of lines there, and I got a couple at six, one, seven, nine, ten thirty. I want to hear your grade for the first hundred days of the Trump administration. We're going to do this only tonight, no sense of going back to it tomorrow. You can tell me something that you like, you can tell me something that you don't like, or give me an overall grade.
Speaker 3: A, B, C, D, E or F.
Speaker 2: You're more than welcome to light it up right now. I got some open lines. Let's go dive away. Coming back on Nightside right after.
Speaker 9: This, It's night Side with Boston's News Radio.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's go to Rick and Bill. Rick and hey, Rick, welcome back. How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 14: Thanks for the Rolli's it was a it was a great you know event.
Speaker 3: Enjoyed meeting you. And it's always great to be able to put a face with a with a voice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 14: No, And the Winnakers are truly consummate pros. They're just incredible musicians, old fashioned jazz. Both sounded like like Satchmo.
Speaker 2: Including the white including the white handkerchief for napkin.
Speaker 14: Yeah, they're old, they're all they're old school guys, but they did a great job. It was so nice to hear these legendary guys. But what I wanted to say is I'd give I'd give Trump's administration a B minus. And I'm being a little generous. I don't know if I want to give him a C plus, but I'll give him a B minus. And that's about it. And I'll just expound you. And Bob said it well from Raynham. I don't have to repeat any of that. Greenland is ridiculous. They should shut up about taking Greenland over. He's treating it as if it's a comedy here, like you said, a wrestling match. It's just it's it's reality. It's not, it's not. He's a Hollywood guy. He's you know, he's he's an iconic guy for forty I remember hearing about Donald Trump about forty five years ago or so, late seventies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I.
Speaker 14: Want to get I'll ask you what what you feel. But the girl from tuffs her go writing an OPAD, big deal. Let her go help the girl with the brain cancer instead of deporting the parents. You know, give that guy from Connecticut and Delaware due process. If he's not an MS thirteen, he might be, but give him due process, show a little bit of don't go be blanket. Don't blanket it and be across the board.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go get the real bad guys.
Speaker 2: I think the guy from Maryland has enough in his background to get him out of here. But if you want to bring him back and make a show of it, bring him back, but have the goods on him. And you know, if some judge wants to say leave him here, fine, leave him here, But I'd rather bring him back. Hit him with your best evidence. Apparently he got stopped by the Tennessee State Police several years ago with about nine people in his car, which they think was trafficking. He's got domestic abuse charges from his wife. He's here illegally. This guy's he's got some you know, I think he's a gang member. But let him prove it. Let him prove it. I'm okay with that, simple as that.
Speaker 14: Rick, I think he is too. The Delaware police back in twenty eighteen or nineteen, they bleeped out or they blacked out the name of the officer that brought him in. But he was charged on something. They had him down as a gang member and with his code names and everything. So he probably is. But just just throw a little humility, bring him back, and then if he really is one, to port him or whatever you're got to do. It's two bad because he's got a family. Oh, he probably would never be involved in MS thirteen again after this, but again, but again.
Speaker 2: Guess what you here illegally and you didn't self deport. I think the smallest thing that Trump administration is doing that right now is telling people if you self deport, you might be able to come back legally at some point that's a.
Speaker 14: Bit and just the last thing I wanted to say was tariffs. If you're gonna talk big talk, stick with it. He's already going back will He's up on you. He's playing tough guy, and I swear half the world a lot of these countries want to test Donald Trump. Donald Trump said I'll have those wars ended in one two days, ran in Russia and Israel and he didn't. Then Israel's complex because my mons is horrible. But you know, he didn't do what he said he ought to just was his mouth and there's.
Speaker 2: A way that there's a way to say what he says without being in a situation where people can can call you on Its simple as that, Rick, I got to get to a couple more Thank you man, talk.
Speaker 3: Soon, Okay, great to see you again, Thank you, promise, Thank you very much. I got Peg up in New Hampshire. Peg. Great to see you the other day as well. Thanks so much.
Speaker 12: It was great meeting you. How are you.
Speaker 2: I'm doing just great. What sort of a grade do you want to give President Trump's first hundred days?
Speaker 11: Well, on the border, I'd give him an a plus rode to thank you very much, absolutely, and that to me, in my mind, trickles down to other things. It trickles down to finances in this country. Yes, so you know, I mean hopefully you know, we'll see that in more services or less taxes something.
Speaker 2: Well, hopefully in reduction of our federal debt. That would be something that would be nice. Correct, Yeah, I like, yeah, you know, so our kids don't don't have to inherit our kids and grandkids, you.
Speaker 6: Know, so correct?
Speaker 11: And I have six, so.
Speaker 3: Well we just added a second.
Speaker 2: I met my second granddaughter, my second grandchild, my grand first granddaughter.
Speaker 11: Today, congratulations.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She was born on Sunday night, so I quite a day Sunday between meeting all of.
Speaker 3: You and that the new granddaughter had arrived.
Speaker 2: And so she's in fine shape and got great pictures and uh just held it today the first time.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I wanted some people to know about that. All right.
Speaker 12: Oh that's wonderful.
Speaker 11: That's wonderful.
Speaker 3: Thanks Peg.
Speaker 2: We will see you again, I know, okay, and I'm looking forward to we'll do it.
Speaker 3: We'll do another event like this. It's just I just like you, folks, I really do.
Speaker 11: But people, that was fun and I honestly I drove over one hundred miles that day and it was all good.
Speaker 5: I mean, that was an easy place to get to it. So absolutely we'll do it again.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Peg, We'll talk soon. Okay, keep calling the show. Steve is in the truck. Steve, where are you headed?
Speaker 12: Well? I am in New Jersey right now and I'm looking at the MetLife Stadium.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I'll be coming up from the George Washington Bridge not too long.
Speaker 3: So you're heading home?
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, and I come back down tomorrow night.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: So give us a quick quick grade for President Trump's first hundred days.
Speaker 3: What do you give him?
Speaker 12: Well, I'm going a second, third, and fourth bob Rick and Peg, and I'll give him a A plus on the border and over overall grade of a B plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, I think I think that's that's pretty You're a little more generous than I am. I just think that he's wasting time telling us about Greenland. As they say, the Prime Minister of Canada, the newly elected Prime Minister of Canada, if he had been really smart, he should have just when he started, you know, his speech last night, Thank you Donald Trump.
Speaker 12: Yeah. Yeah, Well, anyways, he he's doing he'll get better, hopefully, and yeah, his rash decisions, Yeah, they make us shake our head. But well, I'm so glad he's still living there, you know.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, you know, I think better than what we had. That's that is for sure. At least he's he's able to put a sentence together. Steve's safe home tonight, Okay, get home safe.
Speaker 12: I will, thanks buddy, Thanks, yeah, thanks man.
Speaker 2: All right, gonna wrap it up here, Tim, you get the final word tonight. We got less than a minute left.
Speaker 13: Go ahead, Tim, I give Trump a b plush, all right. And also just to tell you about Ronoldi's right. I saw Scott Gallen today the Maya. Yeah, and he told me to say he said, hi.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's a great guy. I enjoyed him.
Speaker 2: And thanks very much for that for that reminder, Tim, I appreciate it, and we will talk soon.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have a good one. Stay safe.
Speaker 13: Okay, thanks Tam.
Speaker 2: Thanks Tim. All Right, we are done for the night. I want to thank all the callers. All the listeners were back tomorrow night. We still are going to get to the to the arrest of these judges. That's the one topic we didn't get to tonight. When we're carrying that topic for a couple of nights. We'll get to it, I promise, Rob Brooks, great job tonight. I also want to thank Marita and all the callers. The callers, especially whether you agree or disagree with me, you guys make the show. Dan in San Francisco, I know we had an exciting call, but thank you very much for calling. Whether you agree or disagree, You're always welcome, daughter and framing him as well as well as those who agree, all dogs, all cats, all pets go to heaven. That's my pal Charlie ray Is, who passed fifteen years ago in February. That's where all your pets are who have passed. They loved you and you love them. I do believe you'll see them again. We'll see you again tomorrow night on Nightside. I will be on Facebook on Nightside with Dan Ray in about two minutes and I'll give you a postgame wrap of tonight's show. Have a great Wednesday, everyone, enjoy